Speaker 1: Lie from baal hartbind and the Crossroads of America. It's Tony Katz today.
Speaker 2: You can't deny that Tucker Carlson knows how to make news.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 2: He really and truly does know how to The one thing that we had discussed repeatedly when Tucker Carlson was at Fox was that a lot of people can comment on news, making news very very different, starting a conversation about an idea, very very very different. Did I say hello Tony Katz Tony Kats today live streaming on YouTube and rumble Tony Katz on the Twitter, ex Tony Kats, Facebook, Tony Kats Radio.
Speaker 3: That's not easy to do and he was able to do that.
Speaker 2: And it was quite impressive. Glenn Beck was able to do that, quite impressive. Both have gone in different directions now Glenn Beck has been able to reinvent himself a couple of times. It's an incredible story. Really is Tucker after leaving Fox rightly or wrongly fired, I think debated, But he went on his own and started this thing. He started doing the interviews and the videos on Twitter, on X and people like, look see you don't need Fox because they were mad at Fox.
Speaker 3: Mad as can be for letting him go.
Speaker 2: And I understood that. I thought it wasn't the right move. And Tucker was doing his videos and you looked at the millions of views, You're like, this is this is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And then Tucker went to Russia and people said, oh, sure, he's gonna glorify Putin.
Speaker 3: I said, wait a second.
Speaker 2: You you have a chance to interview Vladimir Putin.
Speaker 3: You take the chance, you.
Speaker 2: Go in your interview of Vladimir Putin. I had no issue with him doing that. I had no issue with the interviewing. I like parts, didn't like parts. Fine, letting him talk too much. He's trying to as Putin is doing, trying to reinvent history as the reasons why he actually the Russians owned this land and that land or the Ukraine, et cetera.
Speaker 3: That part didn't bother me.
Speaker 2: It was kind of the typical stuff I would expect from from Putin. What got to me was Tucker going to a Russian supermarket which we would just call market because there's no way it was super and saying, look how clean this is. Isn't this great? And look at these prices. These prices are incredible. At that moment, the term useful idiot just punches you in the face. Oh, it slaps you both ways with the hand to the front and to the back. So Russian supermarket that they sent you this is good. They happened to send you to the one that actually had some food. No, things are not great with the Russian economy. They're better. You're gonna now start saying, Wow, the system here is really terrific.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you? What next?
Speaker 2: Bringing back Walter Duranty to tell me there's no famine in Ukraine?
Speaker 3: Stop it? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: You could watch him doing it, and all I could think of my head is slow motion.
Speaker 3: No come bu.
Speaker 1: But no.
Speaker 2: Once he did that, he was he was gone, and he has proven himself gone ever since. And now he is in the place where never mind uh his uh anti Israel zealotry, but rather he's in the place of Trump lied to you, Dunda dun, Trump betrayed you. Maga is dead, and it is up to me, Tucker Carlson, to make things right, which he followed it up with that was my laugh impression. Sometimes it's better. That wasn't my best one.
Speaker 3: It's gotta be a little deeper, a little more rich. It's more like that, it's more.
Speaker 2: And Tucker put out a photo last week. It was him and this guy Joe Kent. If you remember the story of Joe Kent, and oh what a whistleblower, not a not a whistleblower. And it's Congressman Thomas Massey, who to me is great disappointment. And it's former Representative Marjorie Taylor Green, who I said at then and I say it now. Marjorie Taylor Green was somebody who was going to vote the way I wanted her to vote a few times. And that's what I was gonna have to deal with. No part of me wants anything to do with Marjorie Taylor Green. I'm still not past space lavers a space laser. Sorry, I'm not past the space lasers. That was just weird. Everything about her, everything about her just no thanks, none. And I still say that if you're connected to Marjorie Taylor Green and you want to do something and she's the person you're doing with with no, no, no, no, it matters. It matters sometimes the bedfellow matters. This goes back to something that Abdul Sad said when he was asked about who he campaigns with and the kind of people like the absolute free Cassan Piker, and he was asked this question.
Speaker 1: Do you intend to continue to campaign with us on Piker?
Speaker 3: I'm focused on campaigning in this state, all over the state. I'm not as focused on who I'm campaigning with. I'm focused on who I'm campaigning for, which.
Speaker 2: Is you're not focusing on who you're campaigning with. Okay, go campaigning with David Duke and let me know how it goes. I'll wait, I'll just I'll wait right here and let's see how it goes.
Speaker 3: No. No, you're not concerned with who you're campaigning with.
Speaker 2: What Republican could ever get away with that line? You're not concerned about who you're campaigning with. A guy who says he hates the country and we deserve nine to eleven. If I went campaign with Greg Baveno, who ran a border patrol, who was doing the ice work in Minneapolis, I'd get vilified.
Speaker 3: Four ways from Sunday.
Speaker 2: But you get campaign with this commie loving Hassan Piker, this pseudo tough guy, and it's fun. Who else can you campaign with that. If it doesn't matter you're campaigning with. I just want to know how the new rules work. You're associated with Marjorie Taylor Green, I'm like, okay, I'm out.
Speaker 3: It's unserious.
Speaker 2: But Tucker has unveiled a tent point manifesto, and it's this conversation of whether or not he's actually thinking of a third party run.
Speaker 3: I have and you've heard me.
Speaker 2: Discuss this if you've been with the show for any length of time, I am fine with third parties. I'm very okay with third parties. You want to create a third party, go ahead. You want to run in a third party, you go right ahead. You have the right to do what you will. You're an American citizen. And if you think that there is a need for a new party, that isn't quite sharing what it is that you want. Right the parties aren't sharing what you want, so you want to create something new, no one should be able to stop you. That's nutty. I don't even believe in the idea of throwing away your vote. It is yours. I think there are sometimes bad votes. I think sometimes people are voting like morons, But it's your vote. Go ahead, But out comes this ten point manifesto, so it makes people wonder whether or not he's going to be creating his own political party. And I'm going through what his ten points are. Now, this is how Axios put it together. Right, his ten point plan one is fair. The same rules should apply to presidents, federal agents, and elites such as Jeffrey Epstein, whose.
Speaker 3: Impunity Wait, I know, I don't know that's right. Fair, that's what he said. Fair, I've got this right.
Speaker 2: Well, I would not disagree with this, and I think this is important for us to go through it because what we will find is that I don't think on the baseline stuff, Tucker and I.
Speaker 3: Would disagree on the idea of fairness.
Speaker 2: And of the idea of the United States being what he might describe.
Speaker 3: As as sovereign.
Speaker 2: Right, we are in charge of us, We side us and our future. Where we would wholeheartedly disagree, aggressively disagree is to the place where he thinks that the United States is pushed into action.
Speaker 3: By Israel, for example, Iran.
Speaker 2: If anything has shown us that that's not true, it is the last four months.
Speaker 3: It is silly talk.
Speaker 2: It's as silly as having Darryl Cooper on your show and thinking you're getting a history lesson it is false and there a divide cannot be overcome. Well, we may agree that the last thing in the world we should want on any stretch is the United States being subservient to another nation.
Speaker 3: And not only will I.
Speaker 2: Agree to that, I will say it time and again and again and again. The idea that the United States is controlled by Israel is the kind of thing that is said by Ilhan O Mar and Rashida Talib and those Jew hating bigots are not people we should emulate.
Speaker 3: He then goes into the next which is productive.
Speaker 2: America should rebuild farming and manufacturing and craftsmanship while rejecting an economy dominated by finance, real estate speculations, surveillance systems, and weapons. Now, now we're getting into a very unique divide because I have supported the bringing back and manufacturing for as long as I've been political, and I can remember being at events like south By Southwest. I was doing some tech work at the time and being around these tech people and I would talk about the need for manufacturing. I'd get laughed at. Nobody needs to build chairs in the United States.
Speaker 3: Well, they were wrong. Of course, we need to build chairs in the United States.
Speaker 2: You need jobs for all people, and you need to be able to have a manufacturing base to be able to handle your business when the world decides it's not interested in your business.
Speaker 3: But there's also nothing wrong with finance.
Speaker 2: Now this gets into a place where I believe he starts referring to loans and interest as usury.
Speaker 3: Well it's not.
Speaker 2: It's how capital gets dispersed and how growth takes place. And to call interest rates usury is to buy into an Islamist mindset.
Speaker 3: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: He can be right on something and wrong on something else that I'm willing to discuss it. As such, he talks about beauty that urban planners have uglified American cities portrayed in brutalist architecture, and a whole bunch of other things. Well, I've talked about this for forever. Art matters, cleaning up the statues in DC, matters, ending the blights, changes the mind. And yes, for years, the so called artists have been pushing nihilism nothingness as opposed to grandeur and greatness and things that thought provoke. Instead, it has turned into silly, childlike art projects. People peeing on a crucifix or taping up banana to a wall and saying twelve million dollars please.
Speaker 3: So this is just some of it. It's funny Tucker here has not said anything that is.
Speaker 2: While he just then tries to couch it in something that is wild. I mean that's you go through this and you'd be like, yes, this, but know that it's that that's the problem. It's the that that doesn't even make the free society. And if Tucker now wants to start a conversation about these ideas great, is he prepared to defend them. Is he prepared to recognize when he is wrong? Because I am more than prepared to show him that he is wrong. To discuss these things out that the things he says that are detrimental for American society are not that it is not an all or nothing proposition in the majority of cases, but rather in the very few cases. And where in he is ten points, does he engage the idea that America is not land, it is the ideal, and that Jade Vance is wrong. Well, I'm sure we're all gonna be talking about this in the weeks I had. I'm looking forward to it. I'm Tony Katz, And this is Tony Katz today