Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast Sunday, July twenty seventh, at two pm live on the FPS podcast YouTube channel. The frames per Second Cast will be reviewing the latest entry in the MCU, Marvel Studios Fantastic four First Steps. Join us as the crew reviews the film, give their thoughts on the current standing of the MCU and where does this lead the franchise going into Doomsday and Secret Wars. While there, be sure to subscribe to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward Slash FPS Podcast for all upcoming lives and video releases. Come join the conversation through comments and super chats, or become a Director's Tierpatreon at patreon dot com, Forward Slash frames per Second and submit your review to be played during the show. We'll look forward to having you there.
Speaker 2: The frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of the Frame Second Podcast. My name is Mike. I'm your host for the evening. Next to me, I have Rod What what man?
Speaker 3: Next to me?
Speaker 1: I have Spike, Next Spike, I have Ken all right, and we are talking about the newest movie from ariast Ariast of Hereditary Midsomar and uh BoA's Afraid Fame. And there's something strange about the Johnson's of course too. This one stars Joaquin Phoenix, Pedro, Pascal, Emma Stone and yeah, let's go ahead and get a get a round table going. I'm gonna start with you, Rod and stretching my left. What did you think about this one?
Speaker 3: I thought it was cool man. Oh, okay, it was late.
Speaker 4: I had to go to a late show, so I was a little out of it when I saw it, and I wanted to see it a second time because I dozed off in a couple of millions, but not dozing off because I thought.
Speaker 1: It was born.
Speaker 4: It was just just it's a long movie and it was like eleven thirty when I had to go see it.
Speaker 1: But but nah, nah, I think I thought it was uh.
Speaker 4: I thought it was an interesting, interesting story from Ariaster so oh from ARIASTERA. And the performances were great. U there was some like some some old shit moments and yeah, man, overall, I want to go back and see it. I want to go back and watch it because I didn't, you know, like I said, I felt tired, but it definitely felt I wanted to definitely go back and watch it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I thought I thought it was decent. I thought it was a decent film, Spike, what what do you think usually this pacing, this style a type movie like I'm really drawn too, And this one it was good till it wasn't like till it got to a point where it was like what's happening and why is it happening?
Speaker 5: But the performances were good. It wasn't a complete like waste of time or anything like that, but I wasn't fulfilled at the end.
Speaker 1: Again, what did you think about this one?
Speaker 2: I loved it?
Speaker 6: Actually, you know, I didn't you know when when I read the description on AMC, I was like, but when it got going, after the setup, you got into it and you kind of see.
Speaker 2: What it appeared to me what they were going for.
Speaker 6: I was like, Oh, this is really interesting where he's going. And then when he got to the conclusion, I was like, damn. And it really left me with a lot to think about, Like it was just kind of sitting on me just to think about the roles of each parts of the movie. So yeah, I was I loved it.
Speaker 4: It was a good capture At the time, like, I thought that was really cool, like he was able to capture so many different things. That was happening just in this one town that could be applied in other towns or cities or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was that was That was really good, good directing. All right, Well, I did not expect it to go this way. I didn't like this movie at all. I thought it was terrible. I don't understand what the point of this was. Ari Astro typically has something to say with his films. I don't know what point he was trying to make with this. It seemed very campy. It seemed very hokey. I don't even understand why in the fuck you bothered to get Emma Stone, who was an incredible actor, to be in this movie, because she was only in it for a total of like thirteen and a half minutes. The movie was boring as fuck. I see why he fell asleep for the majority of this film. I was seriously like, why why are we doing this? I've seen pandemic movies nine point five times out of ten, they're terrible. This was not much of an exception. I did not like this movie at all. It seemed very obvious where it was leading to. I am, I am, I'm not even like mad that I spent money on this shit or nothing. I'm more so just like damn bro, whenever he puts a film out, I'm so looking forward to it, and we get this a pandemic Western for fucking what, dude, it had Yeah, a satirical yes, thank you, a satirical modern Western in COVID and then you're throwing in blm shit. It was just like, what in the fuck are we doing? For two hours and forty motherfucking minutes, what are we doing? That's how long it was.
Speaker 2: It was. Yeah, it was a long as a movie.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe two hours and thirty. It was definitely well over two hours. Yeah, it was over two hours, and it did not need to be. This bitch could have been an hour and fifteen and I'd have been like, cool, you hit the mark. But no, I did not like this film at all. I'm glad y'all did, though. I'm happy to be on an island by myself, So let's go ahead and get into the shit. It opens in late twenty twenty in a town called Eddington, Texas. See a homeless man walking down the street ranting to himself. But right after that we meet Joe Cross who's played by Joaquin Phoenix, and he is a local sheriff who seems to have a problem with mask mandate Spike, what was your first impression of Joe Cross? Uh Man, Mike would hate this guy. It was the first thing for Jesus. He reminds me that guy you worked with. I did that ran through my head as well. Uh.
Speaker 5: I mean I seen immediately what they were trying to do when they were showing who Joe was, So I was it led my mind to wonder, Okay, what's Pascal's role going to be as the kind of antagonist to this and how are they going to play off of each other? Because he was very clear on what side he stood on and what he was about to represent throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 1: So okay, Ken, same thing.
Speaker 2: Now. It took him. It took a while for.
Speaker 6: Me to kind of get into what Joe was in this presentation. I think that you know, it just just really you're in this town in New Mexico. You know these people run up, so you gotta wear a mask. I thought it was just stupid, but then it was to say, we put your mask on, and put the mask on and they pull off, and like all he has to do is take it right back.
Speaker 3: Off, he in the car too, and no one else is in the car.
Speaker 4: People were doing that though. That's what I liked about That's what I liked about it. Initially. I'm like, Okay, this is a real glimpse of how shit was, you know what I'm saying. Like people was putting the mask underneath their noses. He's like, you don't even got your masks always fucking on.
Speaker 3: So like, like I did.
Speaker 4: I liked the realness of it, like that he that he was immediately capturing a time in this in this little town.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, it yeah, that was that.
Speaker 4: I know you didn't ask me yet, but that was my my initial take from the opening with with Joaquin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the opening, my initial thing was like, oh, he's married to Emma Stone, Like all right, yeah, you gonna have to make that make sense. Then it was just like, is this supposed to be funny.
Speaker 3: It's listened as a comedy. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And Bo was afraid kind of was too, and I did not like Bo's afraid on the first watch. I had to watch it again and I was like, oh, I see what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I need to watch this again. I'm not watching this again.
Speaker 4: I feel like I do because it's already as stid. I'm gonna get him that grace because like I was the same way with bulls Afraid. I think we both was on the same page with that. Like when I watched it again, I was like, oh, yeah, I really like this.
Speaker 1: But I didn't fall asleep. I didn't fall asleep. I don't think I missed anything. I just think this movie was fucking boring and vapid. I think that if you fell asleep during a moment, even if it was for ten fifteen minutes, I can see why you want to go back and be like, well, what did I miss? Just in case that thing that I missed right changed everything. I don't think I can't imagine you falling asleep for enough time to make this movie and a masterpiece. But yeah, I mean I would understand why you feel like you need to go see it again.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to see it.
Speaker 4: I wasn't I didn't feel like I was lost, right, Yeah, I just wanted to see it in this entirety.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it because like, oh man, I feel like I missed something It's just like, I don't know, I just wanted to see how it feels if I watch it all the way through, because it was like a ten minute sleep. It was just like a real doles and I wake up. Ho shit, And I fell asleep the same thing with me.
Speaker 5: And now that you mentioned it, they were doing a little right before the smack, I fell asleep a little bit in that little montague that he was running.
Speaker 1: When you forgotten you fell asleep till just down, Yeah, I did. I did because I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh yeah, right before he smacked him, I was like, you know, one of those, and then I was yeah.
Speaker 3: That's nothing bro like.
Speaker 1: So when Joe's called through a disturbance at the bar, we meet Ted Garcia played by Pedro pascal Ken.
Speaker 3: Did you have any first impressions.
Speaker 1: Meeting him or about like what went down at the bar with the homeless man and all that not.
Speaker 2: Initially it didn't.
Speaker 6: It didn't really kind of connect for me until later, you know, cause uh, but nah, it was just an introduction to Pedro, him coming in and wrestling, you know, with the guy. It really was more about the mask and just his reluctance to wear the mask and how when he came in and everybody just kind of ran away from him. It was like, oh my god, you know he don't have a mask on and stuff like that, and you know, of course their reaction to the homeless guy or whatnot. But now I think it was a nice little subtle introduction to Pedro and him convincing that town to try to get on board with this vision of the future.
Speaker 3: What about your Spike.
Speaker 5: I was similar to Rod in this moment when he's talking about like, oh oh, I remember these conversations that were being had. I remember like people being on both sides of this and really making it a big deal, not knowing like what's right and what's wrong as far as the correct etiquette that you're supposed to have, but wearing them.
Speaker 3: So he did, Like it was kind of nostalgic to that time. You heard that.
Speaker 4: Roding, What was the actual question Joe's called through a disturbance to the bar we meet ted Garcia and what were your first impressions meeting him or watching what went down at the bar? Yeah, so yeah, he was just on the opposite end of Joaquim's characters. So I knew that was gonna be the clash or whatever, And I thought that was the representation of, like I said, of those times, like you got this one character that's gonna embody that that subset of people ain't gonna have this character embody in this subset. So yeah, I was just it made me anticipate the class that was to come or whatever.
Speaker 3: I was trying to understand.
Speaker 4: The the homeless guy, whatever he was. I was trying to understand his plot line. And I know he probably was bringing COVID to the city. I guess what did he come?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But where did he come from?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: It was my whole thing? I guess like that that was my whole thing.
Speaker 2: He represents the virus that infected this whole town.
Speaker 3: He basically says it later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not physically and just metaphor.
Speaker 3: So, but yeah, I just my whole thing was like where did you come from?
Speaker 2: As soon as as soon as it got showed up, remember it's open the shot with him in the mouth. As soon as he came in everything went to hell as soon as he got into town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wrote it down. He was saying some weird ship at the beginning, but I can't find it. I'm I'm on the inside and I'll spit you out.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: I was trying to write down as many things that he was saying with his ranting, But yeah, I definitely think he was supposed to represent the virus itself. Uh So Joe comes home, We meet his wife Louise played by Emma Stone.
Speaker 3: We also meet Luis's.
Speaker 1: Mom, Dawn. Remember her.
Speaker 3: From peng.
Speaker 1: Was recognized the voice the voice that recognize Yeah, well, since you're already talking, what do you think about them?
Speaker 3: I thought she was dope.
Speaker 4: I mean, like obviously in Penguin she shined a lot more.
Speaker 3: But because I.
Speaker 1: Immediately identify knew who she was, I was like, Okay, this this is good. This is good casting.
Speaker 4: And again the person she represents, like the person ever was doing all the conspiracy shit, you know what I'm saying, Like like, I'm like, damn, they really like embodying, like this moment with these different characters and we only like three four characters in and I'm like, damn, this is this was the pandemic. These were the people in the pandemic, and you don't need that many people to tell this story.
Speaker 1: So I thought it was really dope that he's doing a lot with a little It's so funny because all the things you keep talking about is exactly why I didn't like this.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: It was just like, bro, this is so basic. This is a basic ass fucking story. I feel like anybody could have made this. I want something when Ariastra makes a film, I want something to chew on, like anyone Stephen King fucking I can't think of anybody like like, you know, but just about any fucking average ass director. I'm might be exactly a tiny bit, but you know, this didn't feel like a thought provoking, genre bending, crazy Ariastra film.
Speaker 3: It was just like, all right, you got.
Speaker 1: Fucking COVID people in this, Like I've already met these people.
Speaker 3: This isn't interesting to me.
Speaker 4: And I think I might have a slightly different perspective than you because I haven't been watching COVID movies like oh shows or whatever that.
Speaker 3: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I've seen a few, but then they're always bad. So when a COVID movie pops up, I'm like, I'm good unless it's a flat out horror movie. If it's like one of them shits where it's like, oh, we're you know, this is like a post apocalyptic film about a virus that breaks out and everybody gets it and they turn into zombies, and I'll watch that. But if it's like, oh, we're taking a snapshot of twenty twenty, fuck off, Like I saw the poster was like Hindsighter's twenty twenty, and I'm like, even that's corny. It's like, dude, what are we doing? But it's just me again once again. I'm glad you guys like that. Uh, Spike, what did you think of Luis and Don?
Speaker 3: I didn't like it. I want to get clarified. I'm closer to you than.
Speaker 5: Closer to you than because I felt similar to what you were saying, like the mother, like the character was good. I liked the mother and again bringing back nostalgia, like I remember that person doing COVID, like she printed out the fucking packet for her to read, like the person calling you, like bro, relax. But I kept waiting it to mean more and I maybe I missed some of the meaning or whatever it may be, but it never.
Speaker 3: Really hit that spot for me. Even with the mom.
Speaker 5: It didn't pay It didn't pay off like that weird scene it had later.
Speaker 1: But yes, and I guess for me, I realized that it was very surface level.
Speaker 4: Early early on, I was like, Okay, I don't know if this is the typical Ariastor type film, because the way he started laying everything out, unless it was going to be some sort of supernatural thing that was going to come.
Speaker 1: Waiting on, He's not, you usually surface level. His movies are usually very deep in details. So ken anything to say about Louis and don No, I don't.
Speaker 6: Really have anything to add, you know, I think that they represent what they were clearly meant to represent, so we.
Speaker 3: Would have done.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 3: Louise, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I think she got I think hers came a little bit later, like her mom was really trying to interject a lot of these ideas into her head, that her beliefs and stuff like that, and you know, it clearly shows she was like traumatized by something, you know that happened. We just didn't know at the time what it was, but you know, even she was starting to believe and get infected with her own sort of alternative beliefs about what was going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a part where they were making out in the bed and they stopped and she said I'm sorry, and then they kind of like just completely stopped.
Speaker 3: I missed something.
Speaker 1: She still I will yet she was trying to get over something. Okay, they had prevented them from being intimate, got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, alrighty the grocery store.
Speaker 1: So they go to the grocery store and there's people not being let in because they don't have a mask on, and Joe gets out and there's this whole hubbub inside the grocery store. Ken, what'd you think about this part?
Speaker 6: You know, at this point of the movie, we're pretty much getting a snapshot of everything, So it was how enforceable is anything and who has the real power?
Speaker 2: And what Joe was trying to.
Speaker 6: Do was to have them take more of a an empathetic view point from what this guy was saying is that he can't breathe wearing a mask impacts him, and to be a little bit more humane. I also think Joe was just resistance to all of it, just period. He just didn't want to just comply with the government, so he was sort of anti government, whereas everybody else was just going along with it. But we saw the small amount of influence that Joe had because when he came out there is that because one of the persons in line took their mask off because Joe wasn't doing it and what Joe said, But I think there could have been a better solution, And the solution we saw was when.
Speaker 2: Joe actually bought the grocery form.
Speaker 6: So maybe somebody could have wrote down the list and had somebody going there and buy the groceries bringing out. But again, I think it was just setting up the tension of what was gonna end up happening between Joe and Pedro's character whoed ted later on, and to kind of spawn like the idea for him to eventually run for mayor Spike.
Speaker 1: Did you get empathy from what Joe was doing.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say I was necessarily empathetic. I got it, though, and I understood why he was taking such a stance because he said logical versus emotional debate in the sense of like he was making sense. Not to say that I agreed with him, but he's talking about the mandates and it not being a law because the things they had to do to make it law, and y'all are just overreacting to stuff that you're seeing on the news. And then him go ahead and buying the stuff for the guy coming up with a solution versus just pushing back on them because they had this stance. That was what I liked the most about it, just him going ahead and getting the groceries.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean again, it was continuing to go down and road while I was wondering, like I said before, Okay, what point is it going to get to with this. We get he's on one side of it, this mayor.
Speaker 3: Guy's on the other side of it. What's the movie about?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, guys like him kind of made things wrong, like they kind of they didn't help the situations, you know, because of their beliefs.
Speaker 2: And you know.
Speaker 6: We saw that later on, like he was like, COVID is not even in this in that like what are you all talking about?
Speaker 3: Like then he ended.
Speaker 1: Up with it, so that makes sense anything. I was just no, no, no, no, no, it's fine.
Speaker 4: That's I was just going to bring it up too. He was just like, it's not even here, So why what are we doing?
Speaker 2: For real?
Speaker 4: Is this is this like a political move, like what what are we doing? He then and then teed Garcia was just and then he went down the hole because I've heard that conversation. We talked about it in the podcast about dispercentage effects dispercentage and then that and then that lessons the percentage or whatever. So I thought it was just interesting him just recalling all of these things. So in a weird way, it was like, even though it wasn't that long ago, it was nostalgic. Whatever's like of a time because a lot of people just like kind of kind of forget the ship, like they like forget that. We really didn't think we were going to be like how we in here right now? We thought that shit was over with man, So I thought it.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting or interesting to kind of look back at it, like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's right, goddamn.
Speaker 6: And it's like with his viewpoint, where where did his viewpoint come from? Because he's not all the way with Dawn and I guess Louise and the conspiracy part, is he taking more of a pragmatic view of like we're a small town. There's been no evidence of COVID bit in this town. Why the hell are we wearing masks? It makes no sense, you know? So, and was that his stance versus them being more preventative like, we're gonna wear a mask because we don't know what's going.
Speaker 2: To happen, so it's best the urge on the side of caution.
Speaker 4: And then he had asthma, so, you know, and not wearing a mask, right right right, I was just saying, well, the asthma, he said, he that's one of the reasons why you don't because he can't fucking breathe or whatever. So so so it made it difficult. But since you're laughing, I don't know why you're laughing, But for me, like it's like you're not thinking about those people in there, and there every day struggles of not being able to just breathe normally every day. So we're like, oh, yeah, wear a mask, wear a mask, wear a mask. But some people they really struggled. They've really struggled with it.
Speaker 1: And when you ask about empathy, I guess you do got of empathize with that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't have that struggle. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I was asking do you think Joe was being empathetic when he went and said, you know, let that man in without wearing a mask. I don't think he was being empathetic. I think Joe represented the typical boneheaded redneck that thinks you can't breathe with a mask on, which is simply untrue. You can breathe with a mask on, especially if you're only going in a store for ten minutes, because that was a whole thing during twenty twenty. You had these fucking rednecks that were just like, I'm not putting that on because I can't breathe. I got a medical condition, And it was nonsense. Like just looking at it on a basic surface level, it doesn't make sense. They're really trying to make you believe that me putting this mask on for ten.
Speaker 3: Minutes, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: It's nonsense. It's nonsense. So I never got anything as far as empathy out of Joe.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 1: Joe doesn't think COVID's real, because he says that in the video that he posts, which was the next point. He doesn't think COVID's real. He thinks all of this is bullshit and it's all just like to strike back at TED and the government for making them have a mask mandate. But so, nah, I disagree with y'all when it comes to Joe. So why wasn't he all the way on the side of conspiracy. There's what do you mean.
Speaker 4: Because he was somewhere in the like he didn't It's like he didn't agree with them and the whole conspiracies, and he also didn't agree with the whole COVID nineteen thing. He was just somewhere in the middle, like, look, man, it ain't here, goddamn it, Like I don't want to wear a mask.
Speaker 1: I disagree one hundred percent. I don't think he was acting like that just because it wasn't there. He literally said the virus was fake. He literally said that. He tells Ted that he thinks it's fake, and then he makes a video he's like, why are we wearing a mask to protect ourselves from a virus that's not here? Right after he tells Ted that he thinks the entire thing is fake, So it's not because it's just not in Eddington. He doesn't believe in it. Now the mom is on a completely different level of conspiracy because there's plenty of dumb ass rednecks that were like, oh, COVID's fake, I don't know what y'all talk about, just the cold, and then there's motherfuckers that were like, oh, like Alex Jones were like, oh, it was made in a lab and they released it on purpose because they want to start a new world order. So there's level there's levels of stupid. There's levels of stupid. Joe was only at a certain one.
Speaker 4: I got you, and I thought it was interesting to see the story clap like by kicking them out, because I've seen that too.
Speaker 3: I have to COVID home.
Speaker 1: So I was like, man, he's really capturing all of these moments. I think I may have gave a fuck about this more. If this movie was like from like ten years from now, I think it was something that just happened five years ago. It's it's like, bro, really like we just lived through this. I don't need you to capture a time. My brain works pretty okay, I remember all this. Yours does, mine typically does. But it was it was interesting, like I do. I have noticed people just it really like it, like it didn't even fucking happen.
Speaker 6: I reflect back up with White, we reflect back on it, you know. Ever, so them like, damn you walking around wearing a mask.
Speaker 2: She's like once in a while, we're just like damn this.
Speaker 1: Sally was really ever reflect on that because like you don't ever think about it, nah, because I still do it. Like my mom has lung issues, so I still put mask on when I'm around here. So it's not even like a like, oh, remember remember a time. See that's your personal experience, but that's not the world's experience right now. I don't see how you forget something that happened five years ago that was a major thing. If you do, then you're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 3: It's most people trying to forget.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. You're doing it on purpose, you're trying to forget it. So him making this movie so soon, it's just like for what, Like, I don't need you to remind me of some shit that just happened, like unless you're making a grand point, which we never in my opinion, never got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Typically, I typically don't like that.
Speaker 4: When they were trying to make all the nine eleven movies after nine to eleven, yeah, so I didn't watch any of those, but yeah, this one, I don't know it just I didn't know just what.
Speaker 3: I didn't knowice what this movie was.
Speaker 2: Going to be.
Speaker 1: I thought they were misleading me when they were when they kept marketing it like it was a Western about COVID.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm like, no, it's Alreaster.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a demon named COVID that comes to the earth and possesses people or some shit. It's not gonna be about COVID. But when they literally start talking about COVID, I was like, dude, are we serious? We got another fucking two hours of y'all fucking talking about COVID. But anyways, he makes this video, like I said, but the main takeaway from the video is we find out that he's running from mayor against Ted Garcia. So Ted comes down there and confronts him about running.
Speaker 3: What did you think of that part?
Speaker 2: Rod?
Speaker 4: I thought that was interesting because now the whole COVID thing is thrown out because you was fucking way less than six feet.
Speaker 1: Away from his ass. So I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 4: So it kind of lend lended to Joe's point of like, Okay, is this just a political thing that you're doing or is this actual a threat fear that you have?
Speaker 3: Right, right, right?
Speaker 6: But they flipped rolls to a certain degride. O. Remember, so when he kept getting closer, Joe was like six feet he was being smart, You're not you thought.
Speaker 2: He was being smart.
Speaker 3: He was being smart ass.
Speaker 1: I thought he was seriously he was teasing him because he was like, come on, six feet I don't think he was really like, hey man, you might have COVID stay six feet away, because five minutes ago he just said it was fake.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, but I thought he was also misleading the public in a very similar way. Oh I see that, Ted was because my thing with Joe running for mayor is that he got caught up when people were clapping. He was like, oh, ship these people actually really I feel yeah, you know, so his you know his thing. Well, no, they were plowing Ted, I think, but hewing the guy that kicked him out.
Speaker 2: Kicked yeah, behind my back.
Speaker 3: He got caught behind the text message.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was Facebook posts. Yeah, that was it. Facebook posts. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So he was like, oh, there's a demand or for people that should speak up for like the people. There needs to be representation for that demography.
Speaker 2: So he go up.
Speaker 6: It was fucking I'm gonna run from there because there must be other people like that that feel the same way.
Speaker 1: I never thought that, So that's a good one. I never thought that he was faking it to gain popularity. I thought he was just a dumb ass, fucking you know, because he talked, I don't know if y'all caught it. Did you catch the fentanyl part in the conversation?
Speaker 3: You don't all know.
Speaker 1: So he's talking about how one of his deputies died from handling fentanyl without So if you remember, that was another fucking alt right conspiracy that fentanyl was just everywhere. And then there were these videos circulating around, which y'all probably weren't paying attention to. This kind of shit is why would you, But there were these videos floating around of cops fucking pretending that they were dying of fentanyl because they were like, we just touched a baggie and inside the baggie was fentanyl. So there was a little bit of fentanyl dust and the cops on the ground doing this shit. So this was another one of these weird alt right conspiracies that Joe was repeating. One of my deputies died from handling fenton all without gloves. That doesn't that didn't happen, So.
Speaker 6: It more than likely it didn't happen to Joe. But Joe was getting criticized for not keeping uh cops on the forest too no, Ted made him get rid of.
Speaker 1: Certain costs because they were abusing their power, and Joe didn't like that either, because he feels like that should be my choice. I think a lot of Joe's issue is he wants control, and when control is taken away from him, he gets mad. So that's that's how I took that part. So, Spike, what'd you think of the conversation Joe was having with his son Eric. I don't know if you remember this, but there's there back at their house. We start to see the facade of Ted Krack when he's talking to his son. Do you remember his son was trying to.
Speaker 5: Leave and he was like, he asked about his wife and he didn't care about her because she left, even though like going to be around other people, and you see him turn the politician off and going to dad like asshole mode. It does show the crack in the character, as you were saying, and make you kind of look at him like he's full of shit. So they did a good job of portraying it.
Speaker 1: Over Rod, did you did you catch any anything as far as why?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Ted, I said Joe is having a conversation with I met Ted. I meant Ted did you catch anything as far as why Ted won't let his son Eric go out in the streets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's it's a bad representation on him.
Speaker 3: It was a California thing that happened, right, That happened with Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 2: I believe No.
Speaker 1: So they the town is on lockdown and Eric wanted to go out, but Ted thought it would be a bad look on him.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm saying that happened in real life because they were the first ones, I think, the implement the set downs, and then he was at the party with the people like right after he announced it was what Yeah.
Speaker 1: I believe you one hundred percent. Maybe I just don't remember that happening. I remember select I do have long COVID, so I have that excuse, but I remember that was happening with a lot of celebrities. But to be honest, at the time, I don't think I even knew wo Gavin Newsom was like that. So so anyway, that's interesting. Do your answer about this part?
Speaker 6: No, I mean we saw we saw them earlier because they were out when Joe was going to they were smoking reef. He was like, oh yeah, smell reefer in there. We was going to arrest the homeless guy.
Speaker 1: But he just seemed like a lenient type of sheriff, like you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, he was which for a while, he was like that with with the mask too, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know he was he walked past me, knew they were smoking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but but nah, I think they pretty much covered it.
Speaker 2: You know, it was just really about him.
Speaker 6: But still he let him go, you know, because he's in a position of privilege of powers, so we can I could probably cover up or get away with any of the stuff that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was no Vema of twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: He went to a party at the French Laundry restaurant shortly after telling people to I.
Speaker 2: Remember that's it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you not remember that?
Speaker 3: What a loser.
Speaker 1: So well, there's a couple of things that also happened during that conversation that we haven't touched on. One is that Ted is in business with this company that wants to build data centers. And the whole thing with data centers is they suck up resources, they fuck up the water. So the town is not happy about that. So we see, That's what I meant about the crack starting to show with Ted is Ted's not. He presents himself as this I love my community, I want to help everybody kind of guy. Meanwhile, he's in business with big, big business, you know. Also, we find out that Ted used to date Louise, and there's this weird half story where Luise gets pregnant.
Speaker 5: Six months six months Mike what he kept reiterated, it was only six.
Speaker 1: Never touched it, right, he said, we never had sex, so I don't know talking about but I'm like dog six months that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But yeah, six months. They never did anything.
Speaker 5: So no, he didn't date it for six months. He only went out on one day with her. It was like he ended it because she was weird. But he said six months later she came back and said she was Oh that's.
Speaker 3: What you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did that part. I just didn't Yeah, yeah, yeah, I knew that part. He stopped sucking with her because of them damn dolls. She fuckings like Vallid Vallid. I go to your house and you're making them ships. I'm out, bro, how good you look?
Speaker 3: So yes.
Speaker 1: Then we have this this kind of side story with this white girl named Sarah who's getting involved in social activism this is just after the George Floyd situation, and we also meet Brian who apparently has like a weird crush on her.
Speaker 3: Ken You did you care about any of this?
Speaker 1: What did they show the George Floyd thing?
Speaker 3: Like they just said it was on TV? It was on TV that part.
Speaker 4: I had those off, but I assumed that it was George Floyd that happened shortly after the COVID happened.
Speaker 1: They definitely said George Floyd. I thought they just did like a random, uh black.
Speaker 3: Brutality type of thing it was.
Speaker 5: I think they were watching at the police station if I'm not, because they was immediately.
Speaker 3: Trying to defend it, like what it detained for on some police.
Speaker 1: I think small towns was actually doing that. Yes, yeah, big towns were doing that big towns. When I'm talking about like a small country town like that. His question is because maybe we're getting confused.
Speaker 4: Defending would b b LM movements in little small country towns y'all think.
Speaker 1: That defending the BLM? I think you they were attacking the BLM. I think most of these places were looking at that, like Spike said, and being like, what is George Floyd do? Like why are they detaining him. He did something wrong? Is that what they were doing? That's what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: The kids?
Speaker 5: About the kids, Yeah, yeah, I think that you probably had the same vein of kids young woke. Yeah, like, oh, we're going to go out and protest too, like you had in this movie. I think they happened in small towns too.
Speaker 1: Definitely, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I got confused, but yes, I do think there were there were especially little white kids that want to rebel against their family. You know, yeah, I definitely think I don't know if it was as big as the right. It was like a lot of it was a little unbelievable exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 6: It was definitely intentionally exaggerated. But uh so we're talking about Sarah Sarah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess sort of Eric is sort of involved, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so theyre at this party that meets Sarah.
Speaker 6: So you know, I think now, so with with Ted and and oh old girl, you kind of have of sort of maybe like the me too movement coming in here. Now you got this old George Floyd thing, so now you got BLM here, and the so called woke virus is thrown in here as well as I like to say, you got the cops. So this whole thing about the institution and now sizes or being picked in terms of the cops really kind of not understanding what was going on because they're in a small town. In that town, they probably don't have to deal with a lot of those issues that are elsewhere because they're just their own sort of community, which is why Michael is kind of oblivious to everything. So he's kind of bought into or assimilated into the system of what Eddington is and probably hasn't in his mind, has really experienced racism like that, which is why Sarah was bewildered that he wasn't part of them, which probably would get too.
Speaker 2: Later, but.
Speaker 6: And you know, that's why also why the white guy was like, hey, man, like what do you agree with this? And he just kind of was like, I agree with what you know. He was just like, I don't, I don't get it. So so it's it was it was Brian who has a secession like he didn't give a fuck about anything that she was involved in. He just googled the ship and went over to have a conversation with him because he wasn't sincere or genuine, which is why Eric was able to kind of come in and move along because he was probably able to talk about it or fake it a little bit more than him and he became involved in a movement that he really had no sincerity about. It was just all for chasing his girl.
Speaker 3: This was crazy. How he googled that fucking book real quick, bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And the data is the interesting thing about the data. So the interesting thing about the data center, And the first of all, it's the George Floyd thing. What that was in twenty centre So when I was like, man, so much happened like and around that same time frame. It's freaking nuts, bro, Like you had that happening and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, it was. It was insane.
Speaker 6: But the data centers five years later are now like AI because even they threw that in this ship. So you got the because they need these centers in order to do AI because it uses a lot of energy and computational power to do it. And there are reports that these things.
Speaker 2: Are really really loud.
Speaker 6: And Mike already addressed all the consumption that he's doing to the to the communities. There have been articles about that stuff too. So it's a lot in this movie that he threw in here.
Speaker 2: Uh so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after Luis gets upset with Joe for running from Mayor, we cut to some BLM protests and like Kim was talking about, the protesters are trying to get Michael on board with joining the fight, and Michael seems very hesitant. Spike was a fucked up for Sarah to shane Michael about this. It was man because he was trying. He was trying to be there and be supportive of their cause. He wasn't well read on it. I do agree with her there, but she didn't try to take time either.
Speaker 6: Like Michael's the cop, not Brian Blocky. Brian was the one that arranged the fucking pro.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you the whole thing you're talking about, my god from the UK. I mean no, because he's kind of oblivious to it, being a cop. Like, what side would you expect him to be on? I think it was more so her being mad because of them dating and him not with them not being together anymore, and she was using that as a conduit to be like critical of him. I don't think she really expected him to be on the side, which in a small town.
Speaker 3: I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it.
Speaker 1: Before I pass this off, I'm just gonna go ahead and throw out there it is always, in my opinion, wrong for what for people like Sarah to do what she did in this mood? You little white motherfucker, you have zero and I mean I was pissed. I'm out of this zero white to come to me a black man and start talking about your representing racism?
Speaker 3: Are you fucking insane? There were about three times in this movie I was like, what Mike is gonna be? I was annoying.
Speaker 1: I think Sarah's heart was in the right place, but no, like I agree with her, he is backing up a racist system, but I don't think that's her place, especially in public with a whole bunch of other white people. You got no fucking right to go up to a black man and be like, you need to take that off. You're representing racism and you need to be part of this. Why aren't you taking a knee?
Speaker 3: Motherfucker? What she was passionate to.
Speaker 1: She believed that she she said this in real life before. I believe that she said this in real life to somebody before. She was too believable with this, like it seemed like improv It ain't even seem like I don't know, man, she was going, yeah, yeah, it was. It was a bit triggering, but it was fun and it was like interesting why I said it seems so real because she had conflict in saying it and like, and I know I shouldn't be saying this, but she was just.
Speaker 4: Kind of going all doing all of the things, all of the things that we've seen on TV or in real life.
Speaker 1: Definitely in real life, I've seen this and I'm I'm looking at motherfucker's real side eye, like, bro, you don't want my opinion right now because I'm gonna hurt your feelings.
Speaker 3: And that's how he was looking to you, like.
Speaker 2: Or he really wasn't processing what the fuck she was saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did. I think he was just so far removed from it.
Speaker 1: He was like like what, No, I think he was thinking about it, really, yeah, I think he was thinking about cross his mind. It hasn't until that moment. I think when she said it, he stopped in thought and was like, oh, ship, she might be right, she was right, but she still had no right right ship to a black man in front of a whole bunch of white people.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna fuck what protest you're at.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so we cut back to to Joe's house and Spike, we meet Vernon Jefferson Peak. I forget the actors name in real life, but apparently he's a big deal. I'm not super familiar with him, but h Louis Louis brought him some of his cult members home. So what did you think about the conversations that went down during de fault?
Speaker 3: It probably did? What did he do?
Speaker 1: It was so so uh Joe had made Louise promise that she would have dinner with him because she was gonna leave him over the video. Oh no, no, I remember this, Okay, yeah, yeah, that real weird dude came around started looking in their house and stuff before I go there real because I thought was one of the funniest things for me was when dude went back to his house and was having dinner with his dad and explained it to him.
Speaker 3: About you're a white you're white.
Speaker 2: Laugh.
Speaker 3: I was laughing, So I was the only person in the theater that laughed loud.
Speaker 1: That was the only part I laughed at out good, but that.
Speaker 2: It happens it was like, bro, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Like you're white, you were speaking out against your own race, which is how we kind of are where we are today. A lot of that sentiment has started to kind of, you know, replicate that's hilarious. But no, I just this way started to turn for me in the sense of, Okay, I'm picking up what you're putting down.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 5: Where are we gonna go with it? And then it starts slowly started heading nowhere like this scene right here. None of this made sense to me. I didn't care about it. I didn't care that his wife was crazy. I didn't care about the cold. I don't care if she runs away. None of that mattered to me because just Emma Stone hadn't put in enough time on screen for me to be compassionate with the character like it just it was weird. So you agree with that, Rod, I think it was more so not about her, and more and so about what it was gonna do to Joe.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's what they That's what the hitch was. It wasn't about emm the Stone.
Speaker 4: It was like, how is it it was gonna affect him and how he snaps and how he gets to where he gets to in the movie. So that's why I didn't really have a problem with it, because it was more so about him.
Speaker 6: Well you know, and also I think, again there's a lot in here. So now you've bringing in the religious aspect of it. So you know, she's our guess is upset with Joe because her and dawna kind of like anti government, you know, anti you know, all these conspiracy theories, and here.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 6: A running for to participate in this system. But he wanted to do it and what he thought was his way, and it was going to be the right way because he was going to be anti government. That was his whole thing, you know, in running against Ted and was all on his trucks and stuff like that. So but it also shows that people like that can also be very vulnerable to outside institutions.
Speaker 2: And here come this other guy.
Speaker 6: Because she's consuming a lot of this stuff, so here came this other guy who can take advantage of somebody that's longing and looking for somebody else that's vulnerable. She has a mom that's instilling a lot of these thoughts and ideas in her head, and she's formulating her own and then she goes through what sounds like a traumatic event, so she could easily be, you know, possibly manipulated, and here he comes. So then you have this cult like religious act respect of virus now present in the movie.
Speaker 1: So I slightly disagree with y'all. I think this whole scene was all about Louise. I don't think it really had anything much to do with Joe at all. This was really a catalyst for us to figure out what's going on with Louise, because prior to this, we don't know what happened to Louise. We know she had some kind of trauma, but we don't know the details at all.
Speaker 3: But when Vernon.
Speaker 1: Starts talking about he was one of ten kids that was strip naked and they were sent out and their dad was gonna hunt them, and you know, but he escaped, and then Louise starts talking about pedophiles and she starts hinting that it was her father that touched her. So that's why I didn't really like this, because it was just like, I'm with Spike more than I think I've ever been with Spike. She had not put in enough screen time for me to really care that much about how this affects the story because if we had been given a movie where it's a standard Emma Stone performance, which is typically fucking great, then I would have been far more interested with what happened. But she's barely been in the film, and when she is there, it only seems like she's there to service Joe. So it's like, I don't care really, So but when she starts talking about the fact that you know she was touched in some way, and then you know, if you couple that with how Dawn treats the Dead Father like she's so worshiping of this man, it was like, Bro, you're throwing all these things into this film only for you to drop them shits off a cliff with not even a book in the water, because we don't know anything and you took it nowhere. So this whole shit irritated the fuck.
Speaker 2: Out of me. So I.
Speaker 6: Because even even Joe asked when she fell asleep. I first I thought the guy. I thought the Colt leader was lying about. And I thought when she was telling that story, she was talking about Ted, and and oh you thought for that, yeah I did. I thought she was talking about Ted and not her dad. Until Joe asked the question, I was like, oh, I probably, but then we kind of moved on. But I think that was enough to get her away from from Joe, which is where I I'm with Ride on this. It served as a trigger, another trigger point for Joe later on in the movie, but yeah, now his wife is gone.
Speaker 1: It does. But I think I was disagreeing with the with the idea that this didn't really have anything to do with anybody but Joe, like, I don't think if you if we had this and maybe you didn't say that exact phrase, if we didn't have this scene, I don't think we would have the idea that Louise was touched by anybody really like that. She kind of made a reference to this earlier in the film when they were at the dinner table, but she didn't make it very clear until this scene. So I feel like they brought Vernon in here just for this. And at the end of the day, I'm not saying I don't obviously, so somebody says anything stupid, I'm not saying I don't care about women being assaulted. I just didn't particularly care in this movie because it was like, I don't even really know how she fits in with this story because she hasn't done anything that still circles back to Joe, even that part, because that's what he later on in your notes. I'm sure that's what he uses for his campaign. Yeah, I know, but I'm saying, but I'm saying this had to do with Louise. What I'm saying is that if this scene had not been there, then Joe would have had nothing to even react to. Yeah, which is why I was there. Maybe I'm not following you.
Speaker 4: I'm saying it's the scene is still needed, Yeah, to set up what happens with Joe later.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it's just solely that we get something out of it, because that circles back later to when he sees her.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: But I thought you were saying this was all about Joe. No, it sets up Joe for later, right. I used it as a setup for Joe later. I looked at it. I didn't even look that deep into it.
Speaker 4: It's all I'm saying, like, like, I do feel like Emma Stone was unutilized here in this movie, but this what that to this extent too.
Speaker 1: Where she was, you know, used to set up the rest of his story. Okay, gotcha, sol Yeah, I'm with you on that, And that was again part of my issue. It's like, why are y'all doing everything to fucking service Joe, Like even Pedro Pascal. It's like, Bro, as good of an actor as he is, all he's doing is being like a fucking half assed.
Speaker 3: Sidekick for this story.
Speaker 1: This shit aggravated me anyway. So after he watches a video of Portland police in a gunfight with Antifa, there's a conversation amongst the cops about what's going on, and we have Guy, the white cop. He's asking Michael if he understands it.
Speaker 3: He was so.
Speaker 5: Condescending throughout this whole film. Guy he had a white dude from a Yellowstone.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was irritating, but it was also good how he was doing it, because he was coming off as if he did it like he was being genuine in asking these like condescending asked questions.
Speaker 1: You don't think he was. I think he was genuinely that stupid.
Speaker 3: Spike, that's what they were trying to portray.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know for a fact, but that's how I took it. I don't think he was being condescending, because condescending typically applies some sort of knowledgence.
Speaker 3: Got it.
Speaker 1: I think that this dude is really that stupid where he's like, I don't understand this.
Speaker 3: Do you get it? I mean, you're black? Do you under understanding it? Can you explain it to me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: That makes yeah, that makes sense, y'all, y'all are y'all are problem was.
Speaker 6: A small country town isolated from the world, and all of this stuff is being they're being exposed to it, you know, via social media and television, so yeah, and then it hit is the highest level of it, yeah, and eventually infects that town in his own way as well, So he he doesn't know what the fuss going on because they don't have that they haven't really had to deal with that ship. So he's like, and I'm sure kind of what where I was asking earlier, Like there are a lot of towns that just go about their own damn way, don't care about the outside world, and then they don't understand why people are reacting the way that they are. So that's why he went to the black I was like, do you understand maybe you can share some insight because you're black. So you you can relate. The question I have is that that Portland story was made up, right, Shi, it was.
Speaker 1: Real about what happened in actual real life. Yeah, they took over the town for a while, ye'all didn't. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't. I didn't either. That's what took over a town.
Speaker 3: You've been here, shootout like that that happened.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me look this up, he asked him.
Speaker 5: Did he tell him at one point I didn't even see you as black before this that comes in later.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, So let's go ahead and get to the to the part where Brian's telling Michael to take a knee.
Speaker 3: Kim, would you.
Speaker 1: Where did you get from this part? And was it weird when all the white people started to kneel?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very weird.
Speaker 6: It was very weird, weird that they started to take a knee. And this was like when they was in a row. This is before the riot part happened, right, because remember they threw the window.
Speaker 2: Because remember Joe was going to his campaign.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think because I think they told him to settle down, and this was the way they told him. Yeah, I think in the background those argue that busted windows. I think so, yeah, because it was getting out of hand.
Speaker 3: It was chaos.
Speaker 6: Remember the first time he ran into them, they were That's when Sarah was yelling at him, and then they took me, right.
Speaker 3: I think, I think this is all the same.
Speaker 1: There was no There were two different protest parts. There was one part where Sarah was chastising Michael about why are you on that side? But then there was another part where they were basically all kind of arguing with Michael. They were picking up Michael in both protest scenes.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the second one.
Speaker 3: The second one.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the one where David gets involved, and David's the one that's chastising Michael.
Speaker 6: Now okay, okay, yeah, because because also yeah okay, So so at this point then we see.
Speaker 3: The are not David Bryan, I don't know, the.
Speaker 2: Homeless guys started to go through.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So now this whole b l M.
Speaker 6: Liberal sort of thing that they're doing is basically been You can see that as being effected with this sort of stuff from the outside world as well. So they're doing all of this stuff and yelling at Michael and all this other stuff. Ted's son is being a dick talking about what his dad did to you.
Speaker 2: Know, his wife. Yeah, just all very disrespectful.
Speaker 6: And Brian, who did this for his own completely selfish reasons, you know, is losing because because I forgot Joe said something to the son what's his name, Eric, Yeah, and made him cry.
Speaker 2: He went off to cry Sarah. So he's being.
Speaker 6: Consoled over there, and Brian's looking at that. It's like, what the fuck is going on? Like, I'm supposed to be the one that's kind of because he's.
Speaker 2: The one that started this whole shit. He's the one that started the.
Speaker 6: Protest, so he's jealous, and his jealousy leads to another part that happens later on in the movie. But for him to sit there and get in his face and try to tell him what he should do, and he doesn't understand when he's not even a real believer in the cause himself, he's only doing that for his own selfish reasons. It's like, bro, what the fuck? But this is what happens. Sometimes you do have people in this movement that were in there for nefarias or alternative reasons. They're not even they don't even care about the ship. They're just there to service their own their own personal games and needs, and that's what this guy was doing.
Speaker 1: M Spike was wearing all the white people. Neil. Yes, it was reminded me of that picture of Congress and everybody was like what.
Speaker 5: So it definitely reminded me of that this is how we protest, this is how fuck off.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: This is a bunch of yeah, yeah, that happened in August of twenty twenty, and the teeth thing important.
Speaker 1: What what town?
Speaker 5: I'll later, but I did two people die to activists were killed by police.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: I that's amazing that we're still walking around, man, black fols shooting up.
Speaker 1: The police said, no, it was Antifa. That was like typical Antifa members were were not members, but you know people that represent Antifa are usually white.
Speaker 2: I thought they kind of started to blend the two together, connect.
Speaker 1: The two the Republicans because they started they didn't know what the fuck Antifa even was, so they were trying to make it seem like it was an organization, just like Black Lives Matter, which y'all all fell for. This is an organization, which it's not, just like BLM is not an organization it's a mindset. So it's antifa. Antifa just means anti fascist. I could be considered an Antifa member, but there's no fucking card, there's no fees, news, there's no membership. It's just do you do you think that fascists are terrible?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Cool, you're Antifa?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember all that. But they work connect the Antifa into the Black Lives Matter.
Speaker 1: They were the same. We did it in here, right, I don't remember. Maybe, well yeah they did. They did. We'll get to that. Yes, you're right, Spike, they did. But anyway, all right, uh, Rod was weird when Joe recorded that video saying Ted sexually abused Louise and got her pregnant.
Speaker 3: Force to the aboth the kid, and why did he do that?
Speaker 1: It was absolutely weird. He was just trying to get leverage.
Speaker 4: He thought that was gonna a scandal, would would give him leverage to uh, to get ahead of him in the in the in the running, but it, you know, ended up just kind of backfiring on him. Honestly, I was gonna bring up something else before this part. Mm hmmm, because we didn't. We didn't talk about like when he decided to campaign and he was he drew on the board because that comes around later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to skip over I got you, I got you.
Speaker 1: It just comes up later. But but anyway, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed really weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a really weird vibe what he was doing. Even the people in there just like you know what I'm saying, like, why are you you know, bringing up of that? But but now I feel like people that that's another glimpse of stuff.
Speaker 3: Like people use that type of thing too to.
Speaker 4: Get ahead of their they're running there, the person they're running against, They'll they'll use like these allegations and and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, it.
Speaker 4: Was very true. Like I said, true to life. I didn't I didn't realize. I didn't know why he was just being so direct with this movie.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was really the whole time looking for is there a deeper thing that I'm supposed to be catching because this is just you're just giving us a glimpse at how how politics and all this stuff.
Speaker 6: Goes, well, just the world of humanity in general. But I was really trying to figure out, like, wait, why did you just say that? But I think you know, Joe was driven by ego and Joe.
Speaker 2: I mean, one of the.
Speaker 6: Things he said when he walked in was like, oh, I thought it was gonna be bigger. Like his campaign doesn't work. People aren't latching onto any to what he's doing. So now he's like, well, let me try to go to a scandal. And he probably he just heard that message too from the religious guy, right, this came after that, so maybe maybe he saw the cult leader use it and it worked for him, so maybe he was trying to use that for his own Babe. I'm just now thinking about this now. I din't think about you know, at the time, the dots.
Speaker 1: The story he told what was the pedophiles, because I don't know why he did it, And I was like, why the fuck you even do that? He did that because again, he doesn't like being out of control. He doesn't like the fact that everyone's just kind of like overtaking what he thinks should be his. He wants the political power in that town, but Ted is clearly winning now, BLM is here, the Blacks Lives Matter is now here. He doesn't like that ship, so he's like, what the fuck can I do? Boom, I'm gonna use my wife's trauma to further my political career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's horrible.
Speaker 1: Was it weird spy that Louise left and made a video saying Joe was lying?
Speaker 5: Definitely and for her to stay gone too, like that being a final straw that breaks the camel's back and her not wanting it into public consumption like that and him not caring about that at all. That was one of the biggest that this is when it really really was turning for me. I was like, what's the motive? Cause at one point in time, like you said, it seemed like political power. Then it just seemed like I just want to be popular and on top and like I'll do everybody, which led to the rest of the shit that I didn't.
Speaker 6: Get what she was So I was still confused by this whole her whole storyline, because I was like, Okay, she made the video, she doing this to save face, like cause it made it seem like don was just lying about the whole thing because maybe she had some reservation about her daughter being in this relationship and then she made the video or was all of that shit just made up?
Speaker 2: Which shit? Just the whole thing with Ted and Louise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that was made up.
Speaker 1: Louise was molested by her father, so that's why Don was covering it up.
Speaker 6: So Don got it because she was sixteen, right, I don't remember how old she was, so Don was.
Speaker 2: Using Ted to cover up with got him? Cool? Kay? Right now?
Speaker 1: Don did not want anything to besmirch the memory of her beloved husband, which is why we saw his picture like large. But you see Luise doesn't fuck with that. She's not looking at it and talking about, oh I missed my dad, you know, excuse me? Damn uh she is. She is tired of the mom's ship. She's been under her mom's thumb forever. The mom has been covering it up. She can't take it anymore. So that's why she leaves and she puts the video on saying that Joe was lying.
Speaker 2: Got it? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Rob? What'd you think about what went down when Joe was sent to Ted's house for the noise complaint?
Speaker 3: What do I think went down? What do you think about what went down?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: I was I was just trying to process.
Speaker 4: Like I knew this was going to happen. I knew he was going to turn it off and he was just gonna turn it back on. I don't know why I knew that was going.
Speaker 1: To have this basic storytelling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Just like, he's just going to turn it back on, like whatever, whatever.
Speaker 3: What I did not expect to happen like twice did?
Speaker 1: He said like two or three times it was a bitch slap too, that it wasn't even hard. That's what it was, like a bitch that's like, yeah, it was like it didn't, it didn't. Joaquin's amazing acting skills. He was just like he responded like how anyone would respond if somebody slapped in your mouth. I think I got a natural reaction of like a shove or something, you know what I'm saying. I think that would be my natural reaction.
Speaker 2: I guess for us. Yeah, but JA came then, I guess Joe wasn't. I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he striked me a little bit, as somebody would have like tried to bunk back a little bit.
Speaker 2: Not me.
Speaker 1: Really, you saw him fighting the homeless dude earlier, right, don't wonder that's.
Speaker 3: Why he slapped because he knew He's like, he knew he was a bit ship.
Speaker 1: I don't think Ted is a fighter like that either. But I think Ted was just tired of Joe ship.
Speaker 3: He was tired of Joe ship. But I forgot about he witnessed Joe.
Speaker 6: He did, but also Ted, Joe lost a lot of leverage once that video came out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a wrap. Yeah, and remember he didn't ye.
Speaker 2: Remember he walked into his speech.
Speaker 6: I thought it was gonna be a lot larger crowd here than what it was and Ted got houses packed.
Speaker 1: Everybody's at okay, it makes more sense. So Joe now realizing he's because completely lost.
Speaker 3: I had Doe.
Speaker 5: I would like noding to this point, but the smack woke me up and I was like, he woke too, I thought exactly. I was like, okay, so something there has to be some resolution to this. I was surprised when he walked away and didn't do nothing, but it did.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I was up and like locked in because I knew something was gonna happen.
Speaker 6: Well, it was crazy because isn't that assault, Like you assaulted a police officer, which is crazy in front of all of these people. Yeah, but also Ted has leverage to do that because he was just accused of something that he didn't do. The accuser came out and said it never happened, and.
Speaker 1: Yes it's assault of a police officer, But who the fuck has Joe's back except for guy. Everybody in that town fucks with Ted, even with the mask mandate. Shit, the town fucks with Ted. And Joe knows that Ted has the money behind him because he's a part of this whole committee that's trying to install these data centers. So Joe can't do shit to Ted. But who Joe could do some shit to is the uh, houseless house free guy. Uh what do you think about when.
Speaker 3: Went down at the bar Spike?
Speaker 5: This was was all the way out of conspiral, out of control for me, and I was like, bro, what is happening right now?
Speaker 3: Because one.
Speaker 5: After we've sit here and talked about it, and it leading up to every all of those frustrating things.
Speaker 3: I get where he shoots the police.
Speaker 5: I mean the homeless dude, and maybe tries to dispose of the body, which he probably didn't have to do. That's why I was like, why is he doing all of this? He could just say he did something like police do all the fucking time, and then they'll come get the body and you're good. But yeah, this was from here on out. I didn't understand anything.
Speaker 3: From here on out. I was like, bro, what is happening?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Rod Nah?
Speaker 4: I think this is probably like some of the most interesting parts of the of the movie for me, Like I understand what you're saying, Spike. It just it started getting like super chaotic. But this was interesting because I thought it would it would get into some some more. This is the actual like like this, we got into some.
Speaker 5: Ship and it was forced action though like all of this stuff, like he could have just left him there. I don't know if it was forced because it was a build up to it, and then he had just lost So this is him snapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is him snapping.
Speaker 4: This is him breaking, and and I like, I fucked with the break like this, this was more so what I expect to see when I come to.
Speaker 1: An ari Astra film.
Speaker 4: I got, okay, this, this this is what I what I what I came for. After an hour and see, I would have been here for the break, but something happened later on that made it seem like it was more diabolical.
Speaker 3: He had a plan and I know we'll get to it, but like, are you crazy?
Speaker 5: Are you crazy, and did you snap or was this a pro like this this out that I was about to say, it was both. So it was just like, damn, you didn't think that he was actually thinking about it like this, because even when he told the black officer of the shoot, it's like he thought these things through a little bit exactly. But then it was also presented as oh, he just snapped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so's it's both though it's both, which which is kind of what happens like right with with with with like terrorist actions or people that that snap. Right, It's like it's both. It's like they got to a breaking point, but they also thought it through a little bit, you know what I'm saying. So it's very it was very like, I don't want to say reminiscent to that, but like you know, it was very on on on.
Speaker 6: I think his his decision to cover it up was interesting because they I don't think he did a good job. You know, you floated a body down a river that should if it doesn't seem reserved somewhere, somebody's gonna find it. I didn't understand that part, but the way he kept staring at him, I was like.
Speaker 3: I think he's gonna shoot this bom I did too.
Speaker 2: And he shot him.
Speaker 6: I was like, okay, but who really cares about you know, people like that, so you can easily get away with that. So I was like, okay, well, you know, and you know, he started kind of digging the bullets out and stuff like that. But every since that guy came into town, shit just kind of went crazy. He so, and now Joe is at his breaking point because his whole world is crazy, is basically turned upside down too.
Speaker 2: So, and it started with him wrestling on the ground with with that with that.
Speaker 4: Guy, you know, speaking of that, like, I thought it was also I think brilliance a strong word, but I thought it was. I thought it was it was cool to see him gradually get sicker, like he was just cough here and there. That cough just kept getting worse and worse. And so I thought that was an interesting note that they did in this movie and attest to, you know, the acting skills of Joaquin, like showing that he's getting you know, sicker and sicker.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it correlates to with with like the progression of the movie in terms of like the infection of the virus and everything that's going on here on on all the different levels, so you know, so he kills him, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, and that was it.
Speaker 6: So it made sense for him to He couldn't do shit to Ted, so he took it out somebody that couldn't defend themselves. But that's also yelling at him as well, so that was his way of acting out and snapping, and he just he just killed him, and that's the way he's taking his anger up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the scene either, because I was I was thinking the same thing. Spike was just saying, why are we bothering to clean up this body? What are we doing? I thought he was gonna shoot the homeless man and then frame Ted for doing it because it was at Ted's bar, But instead he fucking pulls the bullets out, takes homeless man drump, dumps him in a river, and then I was like why, And if I remember correctly, I don't even think this came back around later after Ted is killed, So I was just like, what the fuck? But did y'all notice what the homeless man was saying?
Speaker 6: I can't remember, but I was definitely wanted to pay attention to what he was saying because at this I started to realize that this homeless man kind of played a role in the movie.
Speaker 2: But what was he saying.
Speaker 1: He was saying, I'm gonna infect everyone, was it? And then he also says when he's drinking the liquor, he says, everything tastes the same m m oh. So I was like, oh, he has COVID. Okay, so he is the COVID monster And I guess this is when he infects Joe, which I don't care. So it cuts to Ted's house where he's arguing with his son about a purse, and some shit went down.
Speaker 3: Spike was just enough action for you? Hell no, because I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just seemed like.
Speaker 5: Him doing it out of the and I don't know it's out of the blue, but.
Speaker 3: I didn't see.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that he had thought it out well enough to do what he did later and frame somebody for it. I thought it was part of just the trajecty of him spiraling and he's like, okay, I killed once. Now I can just go shoot them from long range. And it just wasn't suspenseful enough for me, Like it was just like it seemed random as hello, you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Rob?
Speaker 2: No again?
Speaker 1: And just didn't seem it didn't seem random to me.
Speaker 4: It seemed like a man that got to a breaking That's what we're talking aboutready, It seemed like a man that got to a breaking point.
Speaker 3: I was like, I said, it was a shock, dude.
Speaker 4: These were the old ship moments I was talking about, like I did say oh shit, like like when I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh, man, he just killed this motherfucker, like you know what I'm saying, and oh.
Speaker 3: He just killed his son.
Speaker 4: Even if Song's reaction was was crazy, it was realistic, like when he missed him the first time and he's like, oh shit, he tried to get away, but he actually end up shooting his ass too. Did you immediately think it was him? No, I thought it was the I thought it was the black cop because they had showed it. Because because they showed him, he was practiced early.
Speaker 3: He was practicing earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was. And by now he has saw the picture too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the picture, so it was it was a misdirection. They originally thought it was him because he thought it was a black eye too. No, okay, because he was bragging too, Joel about how you know he was progressing, and I didn't think did the black cop will be able to do it?
Speaker 3: But then my mind media went to Joe. Yeah, I didn't think it was Joe.
Speaker 1: When I saw him behind the rifle, I was like, oh, ship, that was Joe.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he was gonna go. I didn't think he was gonna snap like that.
Speaker 1: What'd you think him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm with Rod, I was. I didn't see this coming at all.
Speaker 6: I thought we were just done with with the homeless guy.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 6: I was like, so when testing and there talking and then the bullet come through, I was like, what the fuck? And then was a was tend like, oh, Ted has lost it. I mean, Joe has lost it, But where the fuck is this going? Like, how's he gonna throw this up? Because you are his primary like opponent in this whole thing. You don't like him, so everybody will suspect you, and you just got slapped. I think that was the thing that confused me. You just got slapped around of everybody, and now this guy, now you're shooting this guy, everybody's gonna think it's you. So I'm thinking ahead. I was like, this doesn't make any sense for why he did this. And then he shot the other guy. I was like, oh, you're not a good shot either, but then he got him because but then I remember he also was bragging like he's a really good shot. He was like, oh yeah, you, and you ain't as good as me.
Speaker 2: So I was really curuous.
Speaker 6: I was like, Okay, how the hell he's gonna get out of this? And then you walked someone walked in and like he's thorough. He got the shoes on, he's digging the bullets out, and then he had the paint. I was like, what the fuck's he gonna paint? He's gonna paint over the bullet. Oh know what he was doing?
Speaker 2: But watch I didn't know what that was.
Speaker 3: That was planted.
Speaker 1: So the purse was Sarah's purse. He put it there. He put it, He broke in and put it there. Yes, so this was That's where I'm with you, Spike. This was planned, and it was kind of planned to a meticulous point where it started to get a little ridiculous for me. But yes, he broke in put Sarah's purse there, which I don't know where he got Sarah's purse. But then after he kills Ted and Eric, he puts on the walls, no.
Speaker 3: Justice, no peace, it's just the Black Lives batter check.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that is to direct the Black Lives Matter folks or like make them the main suspect.
Speaker 5: But so yeah, so they should have did better, Shuan, how much time, Like was it right after he killed the homeless dad? Have no fucking because to come up with this elaborate ass playing it just didn't.
Speaker 6: It was like, wait, he took the watch from the house, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: And planted it.
Speaker 5: But even doing the Black Lives Matter thing and knowing that the black guy had been practicing his shot, it seemed like he had been thinking about that for a while.
Speaker 3: It's like, I won't direct himness way.
Speaker 1: I don't think he was. Well, actually, maybe you're right, Spike. I never I never thought that he was trying to set Michael up until later. Yeah, I thought he was, But that might be why he put Sarah's herst there because he knew that. But that also doesn't really make any sense because everyone town didn't associate Michael with BLM. He didn't, So actually, I don't think he was trying to set Michael up.
Speaker 3: Then.
Speaker 1: I really think he was trying to set up Sarah because she was the main face of BLM.
Speaker 5: But then the sniper thing, they would be like, this little girl can't snipe anybody.
Speaker 6: I don't know that the sniper thing was an accident. I think him, I know, but I think he missed a casing. He only got two. He stepped on the third one. That's why he couldn't find the third.
Speaker 1: No, what he's saying is, even if you're trying to Cara, why would they think Sarah could snipe these two people.
Speaker 5: Only a few people in that town probably could do that shot, even without the shaowcasing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he hadn't seen the picture of Michael and Sarah yet. That happens later, So I don't know.
Speaker 6: Actually, yeah, his means of killing him didn't make any sense to me. That's why I was trying to figure out how to hell when when it was revealed that the note just no piece, I was like, how are you going.
Speaker 2: To tee that to black lives? To black lives matter?
Speaker 6: When the shot, when the murder would have had to happen inside the house, m.
Speaker 3: They would have been outside the house.
Speaker 1: That's the point. It would have had to be an actual sniper. Even if well, I guess unless they're just shitty cops, and because he took the shell casings, they wouldn't know that it had to be a maybe that's it.
Speaker 6: But at some point, when you do forensis of the whole area, you'll see the trajector like when you do the autopsy, you'll see the bullet came in from behind you.
Speaker 5: They gonna know that it came and broke the glass and went through the window, so they would it was a snipe.
Speaker 1: Window just bow instead of somebody. I don't know this. This is this is where the movie just really started to fall apart from me anyway. So I was just like, all right, dog, I don't really this is stupid. The conversation with Sarah and the cops, did y'all take anything interesting from that?
Speaker 6: I saw she was texting Michael. I could barely read what she was saying. I think it was like the cops are at my house or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was basically explaining protests and why agitators want protests to be violent.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing very interesting I pulled from this. Oh yeah, I had tuned up. I feel you, I feel you.
Speaker 1: She wasn't even trying to read the text.
Speaker 3: I tried to read the text.
Speaker 1: It was too small, my little raggedy ass theater, but they wanted us to read the text. They I think that I was just not I was in the regular ask I was. They don't have good screens there. It's like watching a big fucking tube TV. She was basically saying that the cops want protesters to be violent, so old white people will support martial law when it happens. The common theory of why they want this stuff to happen, why agitators are called in to make these things happen.
Speaker 6: Which shows that when you have this sort of counter intelligence, I can't go to the word, but when you have this opposite rhetoric, you have the violence that you had in the other when somebody threw a rick window through that guy's house, then they looked at his protests, and then you have cause to do the things that you're doing, which is basically what she was explaining. But also again how these different thoughts and ideas can kind of grow in manifests and spread, you know, and just cause chaos among.
Speaker 2: Opposing factions.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna have to start combining things and jumping along here. So Brian has an interview and he makes an implication that Michael may have done it because of the picture, so they immediately.
Speaker 3: Go and arrest Michael.
Speaker 1: Then there's a conversation between Guy and Joe about BLM. Do you remember that conversation where he's basically talking about Michael and how he didn't realize he didn't see Michael's race until Black Lives Black's Lives Matter happened, and now he can't tell if he's more of an officer or a black person. Rob, what did you think of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah this Nah, Yeah, I don't know if this part really stuck out to me at all.
Speaker 6: You know, it's it's pick a side, right, because this sort of started like earlier, some of a very simple they're all watching it and they're all like this one unit, we're all cops here now.
Speaker 2: And then later on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it started to escalate. Then it was like okay, well he's it's still it started to grow in manifest and spread and now guys like, well shit, Michael, he still doesn't know what the fuck going on? Michael, what the do you understand it? Maybe can you help ride some clarity? And then all of this happens, and then it's like, well, shit, I don't know if he's black or a cop, Like, I don't know what what side he's on. And then because he has this perceived idea, well he says in it, and I can't remember exact he said, well, because somebody was like, well tens, oh yeah, he said, tess and hispanic, So why would he kill you know him? He was like, well, they said they hate everybody, they don't.
Speaker 2: Care about themselves, so it would make sense.
Speaker 6: But he's spreading this idea that he gotten from somewhere, you know, as all this stuff is coming in this town, basically poisoning the thoughts of the city or this small town.
Speaker 2: But it was an interesting conversation.
Speaker 5: I thought that that was about to be the premise of the movie, how the black guy was a part of the establishment and he wasn't really into it, and then they turned this whole thing around him so quickly. As far as it being like you are a nigger, I knew it, like just I know, I thought that was going to be it. So I think they did it well to set him up to be arrested, because it did look suspicious as far as if you were looking from their perspective, but then I don't think that they did enough with it from there, so it didn't really matter. Yeah, I kind of agree.
Speaker 1: It was just like, like I liked the conversation and how the conversation happened about, you know, because cops do you think that way, like are you more of a black person or are you a fucking cop because they see cop as a race. They're so fucking delusional that cops think that way. So I did find this part to be interesting, which again made this movie so fucking frustrating because it's like, dude, you're like almost there with an interesting conversation, then you just fucking move away from it to some some more nothing ass bullshit. But yeah, So a Butterfly, the Pleblo cop, he notices the marker board in Joe's police station and he recognized the handwriting, which causes him to run back to Joe's house because he thinks that Joe is involved. But while this is happening, someone breaks Michael out of jail, which leads Joe and Guy to find him in a valley in front of a burning barrel with a drone in the sky. What did you think about what happened here, Rod.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this again. I thought this was interesting as well. I'm like, what the fuck is happening? Who are these people and what's going on? I also thought it was interesting before we got.
Speaker 1: Here with the the Native American. I guess it was that he didn't he didn't realize that it was part of their investigation too, because of where he shot the bullet from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah it was. He It fucked up his whole situation.
Speaker 4: So he started kind of scrambling to get with it where he was. But uh, but this part right here, Yeah, I was just like, Yo, what the fuck is going on? Who are these people.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Because I think they show like a plane, a jet flying here, yeah, with a bunch of people in masks and ship. Yeah, but I figured that they were just like extreamists or something like that or.
Speaker 3: Just man, yeah, just just some type.
Speaker 4: Of group like that that came to this town too. After seeing it, I guess did they make public news and ship or what? Because how they had known about this town?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did they make public news that this was happening.
Speaker 1: In the town? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so this people, Oh it did.
Speaker 1: It had to have because these people were sent to so I assumed that these were agitators. They were not actually quote unquote Antifa. These were agitators flying because Antifa ain't got no fucking money for the goddamn jets and shit like.
Speaker 3: Okay, so all right, I missed all of that.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't know because I was wondering, like Joel Rodsons, like who are these people? And I immediately went to irritate it because it's like they're not even gonna take time out to explain it, like it's just like it was really it was too subtle for me, and I think it needed to be a lot more overt for the final climax thirty minutes to be focused on them trying to kill the sheriff.
Speaker 3: It's that that's crazy to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was also wondering if that data center was a part of the whole skin of that whole movement.
Speaker 1: I think that was just another because I think during twenty twenty also there was that situation where there were centers being built on indigenous land. There were protests about that too, So I think this was just fucking already astri throwing a gumbo of just random ship that happened, and it was like what's the point here?
Speaker 4: Can that would be a conspiracy too, like if that if that company is trying to clear agitate this I'm saying and just trying to you know, it's too much shit going on here, But we want to get our data center here though, so.
Speaker 2: It would make sense for them to fund it, which is why they.
Speaker 1: Had a case.
Speaker 4: You just not anybody just has a JIT, but a fucking data center would have a JIT.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they just lost Ted is a big part of their plans and he no longer exist.
Speaker 1: But also, white supremacists have money for jets, So I thought the whole time that it was a white supremacist group. That was absolutely because this is the perfect thing to happen. You put this on the news. Oh, Antifa showed up and took over a small town and killed the sheriff and the mayor. Boom, you're good, which is why I think. I don't know if it's this part of the next part when Show is driving and he sees that big statue and the statue says white supremacy on it, which that didn't really either in my opinion, but burning crosses.
Speaker 2: And that's when he was going to find Michael.
Speaker 1: So yeah, It was basically like plant planted to look a certain way. Yes, it was planted. It was supposed to look like Antifa did this. I didn't really like this though, But like, so, first off, I don't get why Michael was speaking funny, like his voice was fucked up. But then why the muffle go away after that? It did?
Speaker 5: I thought he was trying to do that so they wouldn't understand because.
Speaker 3: It was bugged.
Speaker 1: Oh is that what it was?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was trying to talk to where they couldn't pick up what he was saying because they were recording it because they showed a little video and they had to arrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but I thought I thought they had some in his mouth to where he can he was doing.
Speaker 1: He speaks like he was when when what's his face too close? He yells out like, don't like stop what I've got what he's saying? He said, yeah, something like oh shit wow. But yeah, so Michael is speaking weird. I'm glad you explained that because I didn't understand that part. A guy walks closer.
Speaker 3: To him and the explosion goes off on him.
Speaker 1: Captain apparently he should yeah, sure, and then the fire that ignites it spells out no peace, so that is another reference to BLMS. This is them trying to frame BLM for everything. But then we get Joe. He's attacked in the street by a hit man. A hit man is chasing Joe down and real quick, I mean, I guess we got to talk about this part. This leads Joe back home. Spike, what'd you think of the scene with Dawn where she sort of appears as Luis for a hot second.
Speaker 5: I didn't take anything from this. I was wondering why the mom was even back. I know she said it. She went to the colt and was listening to some of the beliefs and then they got too extreme for her, Which is this what she hopped in the bed with him. Yeah, I don't think I realized Don left together the cult with Louise. I thought I thought her mom said she went with and didn't started getting too radical, and that's when she came back.
Speaker 3: She said it.
Speaker 5: She said I was with her, and then she started talking like getting to earlier in the they.
Speaker 3: Just talked about it.
Speaker 5: That's why he was so surprised when she was there, gotcha, Yeah, And he was like, because she had been gone for a while, but she was with her daughter.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess that makes more sense about why she would be appearing as Louise and right, that's what he wants to be there, but instead it's old raggedy ass. Dont anything for this or the next part.
Speaker 6: Well, I was trying to figure out what what Joe was talking about it was, because now he's saying, uh, they've come to kill me. But then he held up this phone was ringing and it was like it said restricted. He was like, see, So now I was wondering was he part of all of this ship from the jump or did he get involved and then they were just trying to kill him because he had already did what they did.
Speaker 1: Joe, Yeah, no, I think what he was trying to hint at is like the Deep State was after him now because he knows it's not BLM. But had he been in communication with the deep State prior to this?
Speaker 6: I got because he was liked killed they said, I killed ted and now you know and now they're trying to well maybe it was deep State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 3: So maybe they approached him and was like, well you can have the same power with him.
Speaker 2: He just probably added on to it.
Speaker 1: If that's part of the story, I'm this movie dropped down because they needed to have said that shit explicitly.
Speaker 3: Because Joe is not very intelligent. No, he's not.
Speaker 1: So I think I assumed that the phone said restricted, and Joe was like, see because it was a restricted phone and we're calling him right while the guy was hunting him down. That's what Hot's how I took it. But thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast, where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are are friend on our feet and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and jump.
Speaker 1: To you know, one of the last scenes, Spike, what'd you think about the gun chase with Joe and the hitman?
Speaker 5: Absolutely ridiculous because I at this point, like until we sit here and talked to it out of y'all telling me about the jet and then the corporation may behind the order deep State, I couldn't get my mind off of, like who is this and why?
Speaker 3: Like why won't why didn't?
Speaker 5: Because I knew they weren't going to so I was wondering, why didn't they explain it before it got into this deep chase as far as them trying to kill him? Like, I get it, I understand that that could happen in the movie, but I would have liked more explanation before I get invested into this shootout.
Speaker 3: What about you, Rod?
Speaker 4: At first it seemed ridiculous, but it started getting I started getting invested because of the because it felt like a video game.
Speaker 3: It was like you hearing him breathe and weezing.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, it felt it felt intense.
Speaker 3: It was intense. It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It was a little ridiculous because when theyre shooting at his ass, he was missing him. He was terrible shots. It was terrible shots. But I don't know, like something about it just I don't know, it was still intriguing. I guess I was looking. I was reaching for something, like reaching for some action and I and I just submitted to it. Really And then when they went into the gun store, I'm sure that's a that was a political statement too, when he went into the gun store and he was able to arm and arm himself or whatever against against something like this.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, no, I thought it was I thought it was fun. I thought it was fun.
Speaker 2: It didn't it didn't bother me at all.
Speaker 6: I was trying to just decipher what all was going on, like, you know, who are these people trying to kill Joel? All of a sudden, they just kind of popped out of nowhere. They were definitely terrible shots, but they were not trained, so I guess that would make sense.
Speaker 2: The only thing. I was like, when he went in that gun store, I was.
Speaker 6: Like, I said, this motherfucker, I said, it'll be funny if he come out busting out of that motherfucker like commandod and that came out that mother fuck Like I was like, oh, ship, this really came out here like that. Yeah, unloading carelessly, you know, like that ship. But but now I was like, how many are them? But it was a wild, crazy superintendent long scene. But I'm with you on the tension because I'm like, they have the high ground and Joe's like out in the middle of the street, and then they started to kind of play around with like the shots and ship like that, so it made it disoriented because you were like, where are they kind of looking around, you know, where they.
Speaker 3: Are looking for him in the shadows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was it was creative directing. Like I was like, damn, this is this is pretty intense. It's ridiculous. Yeah, but you know, I expect him to do ridiculous shi last.
Speaker 1: Movie, So like I I was afraid, how a point I know before I'm just ridiculous, No, I know, But that's again that's why I don't like this because it was like, if you're making it to where this is like a COVID fever dream, I can submit. But he went into a gun store and came out with a gatling gun? What are we doing? Why is this is stupid? But it's not realistic?
Speaker 5: Come on, why you come out of here like you? People usually carry those guns on like a moving vehicle.
Speaker 1: They don't sell gatling guns and gun stores. That's the point, Like, if you're gonna try to make a realistic depiction or semi realistic depiction, make it even close to realistic. Up until that, I was like, all right, I can kind of see this happening. Sure, But when this motherfucker seriously walked out like Buddy and Predator, I was just like, all right, dude already asked her wrap this the fuck up? What are we doing? I like, it just didn't make any sense.
Speaker 6: I like, like I loaded them, mother if if somebody if motherfucker's chasing me and I going there, Bro the biggest gun I got.
Speaker 2: You said they don't sell him. Typically.
Speaker 1: I was just about to say, y'all, don't be I heard. I was worried for a bit in my mute, like like that rapper is what Rod said, I'm going to get the biggest ship. I think they were trying to make a point of selling semi auto, but it's just a dumb point because it's just like this is this is silly.
Speaker 4: This is really silly. But he had one of those two. He had that ship on his shoulders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I hated this ship.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so the gunman ends up shooting the sheriff and stabs him in the head, but he's wrecking rescued by Brian. That ship was crazy, like is he about to stab He's just about to run up on him and stab him, and he did right in the head.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, ship, save.
Speaker 2: You live streaming and recording I save you.
Speaker 3: And then him turning it into a political right. So he's supposed to be what's his face.
Speaker 1: Y'all know, little buddy, no man, the guy that went he carried a gun across lines. He was a young kid, killed people. They recently clown him and so yeah, because there was pictures of him with Marjorie Taylor Green in the movie, and it was just like, all right, this is dumb, which kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: I can see him flipping because he never was for the Anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I think that was kind of the point that they're making, is like, of course he would flip because all he wants is attention, but I just didn't care at this point, like him running out with his phone and shooting it was like, well, we didn't even get a glimpse of you being this tied to social media like that before unless I missed it, But I did watch half of an interview with Ariastor where he was saying that this movie was supposed to be about the dangers of social media, and it was just like, oh, this sounds like a fucking twirly mustache hipster take on this, because it was just like, dude, this is this is basic as fuck.
Speaker 5: Dude, Like really, well, yeah, that's sound like what he tried to do at the end to save it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I thought. I was like, it sounds like there's some ship you threw in there to make it seem like there was a deep point to this.
Speaker 5: No, I think that's that walked social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had it in my notes, the dangers of social media this whole movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like like how.
Speaker 6: Again, this whole theme of viruses, social media, Internet, internet virus or whatever. But like if you kind of play back, they were a lot on their phone. This is a small town that's cut off from the world. How are they getting their information? If you going back to the way back in the beginning, Don and Louise are getting all their stuff from online social media stuff like that. When he tried to have sets with Louise and she would have sex.
Speaker 2: With him, what did he do? He rolled over? He was on his phone, scroll on his phone.
Speaker 1: So that tells you this movie is about the dangers of social media. Yeah, that seems really loose it because there was no danger for him to roll over after Louis don't give him.
Speaker 6: Say but all of these ideas, they're being infected in this town by the ideas that are outside of their world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I got that.
Speaker 2: But these ideas are coming from social media, Internet online.
Speaker 1: He says it in a movie too, is like, what you gonna post it on your little Instagram? He's like, yep, I'm.
Speaker 3: Posting on Instagram.
Speaker 2: It's him running from mayor started from the Facebook. Facebook.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, I'm not saying that social media wasn't in the film. What I'm saying is I don't think that this was a very clear message, at least for me. I definitely walked away with being like, well, y'all definitely showed a lot of how social media happens, but it wasn't egregious to the point where I would take away, Oh, you're making a point about how dangerous social media is.
Speaker 2: Not that you say earlier you didn't want it to be too clear? What do you mean with some of his films?
Speaker 1: I don't remember saying that.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I've been understood.
Speaker 1: No, maybe I said it and forgot. I'll tell you what it sounds like me, but I don't think I said that. It's not that I don't want his movies to be clear. It's just that I want to understand that there is some sort of message something for me to chew. On his last three films, they were very message heavy.
Speaker 3: It was like, Yo, when you.
Speaker 1: Finished the film and you walk away, it's like, oh, I understand how this is where you're talking about the dangers of cults. Got it, You're talking about family trauma, got it, You're talking about you know, anxiety, got it? With this, it's like, oh, really, we're talking about social media?
Speaker 2: Is dangerous.
Speaker 1: It's like, bro once again, this is a very basic ass idea and it's to me, it's not even presented in a creative way.
Speaker 5: But the Tech Company gets rich off the division while we bicker and fight. Does he feel like that was his There was a summation of what he said, but he said he feelt like.
Speaker 2: This, Well that was at the end.
Speaker 6: I think that book ended and kind of probably steal the deal because you know, they still got what they wanted while this community basically fell apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, but.
Speaker 1: I got that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I like with all he said, though I don't want to just paraphrase what he said. He said, I took the meaning that the tech is underlining thing divided us, COVID intensified the division and had us all following different ideologies which had happened that.
Speaker 1: Leading to us to us to the destruction.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The post of the movie with the buffalo kind of solidified that for him. He said that Tech company gets rich off the division while we all bicker in fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean all like like it was it. It was like everybody was impacted one way or another by the ideas of all these other entities. You know, from b LM to you know, the cops to everything, and I think, just you know, I was thinking about it.
Speaker 2: You have the white guy Joe who.
Speaker 6: As his aspirations to be this big kind of glamorous thing. I'm gonna take over this city. I'm gonna be mayor. And when that failed, what did he do? He resorts the violence. What do you know what is typically sometimes sought you tod with white people. I couldn't get my way, so I resort to violence. That's how we got to America. And that's why you have sort of like the underlying part about the kind of in the background with Pueblo people, Pueblo that are there that he didn't even know it was part of like this that sat on the county that they had sort of rights to it. He just kind of tried to get rid of them and dismissed them. And then you also have the black guy Michael, who kind of assimilated and was part of the system that didn't fuck with him.
Speaker 2: And he didn't realize it.
Speaker 6: He was oblivious to it until he was reminded that he was black, you know, towards the end, and then he got turned at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Movie didn't get turned. He became sheriff. That's my whole point with this, like, what the fuck are you even not you? But what the fuck are you even trying to say with it.
Speaker 6: He didn't seem like he was angry though about the portray that happened, because he didn't seem like he was happy to be sheriff.
Speaker 1: He didn't see like he was mad about being sheriff.
Speaker 6: His face was all, well, he wanted to be sheriff because his dad was sheriff. Dad never made to be sheriff. But he seemed but he looked like he was mad, though you be mad.
Speaker 2: To face was what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Because he saw a mirror at.
Speaker 6: Some point and he's out there shooting and he's feeling the the at sheriff or whatever Joe's.
Speaker 1: He was filming Joe in a wheelchair on some Stephen Hawk and ship.
Speaker 3: It was just it was like that.
Speaker 5: That bomb, I know, the other dude in half, but he was standing right on top of it.
Speaker 3: He lives. I don't know whether it was.
Speaker 1: It seemed like the bomb was pretty close to him, but I let it go. I thought the same thing Spike.
Speaker 2: But I thought he was there whatever.
Speaker 3: But I even like the.
Speaker 4: I mean that makes sense as to why, you know, it's it's it's like a Western. It's like the wild wild West, Like it was kind of a similar thing going on down and I'm just saying it was like it was a lot of outlaws.
Speaker 3: It was it was.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just the same type of vibe. It felt like that, but in a more modern day sense. Thank you shooting from I think so too. I don't think that's been I think it's very intentional that he made it like a Western. I think it was intentionally he made it like a Western, but with all the like, oh, there's a bunch of outlaws and stuff. It was just like, man, but this this film just did not seem anywhere close to as deep and compelling as his standard films are. Like when all of his movies have a have a part at the end where everything just goes fucking crazy, this was the least interesting crazy moment, you know. I don't think he was actually trying to make an overall solid point. I think the social media is evil thing is just some basic bitch kind of logic there. I mean, anybody can make a movie about the dangers of social media and it's like we've already been beaten over the head with the dangers of social media at the very least, how about make it createative. I don't find that this was creative, all right, so.
Speaker 3: Let me let me so.
Speaker 1: I looked at The Wild Wild West you're about to read a whole no no, no, no, just just a couple of no no, no, just a couple of key points of it. And I thought he probably implemented this. He probably looked used this as a reference. So the error was marked by a rapid expansion in settlement. It was also marked by lawless and violence. It was marked by the clash of cultures and the rise of iconic figures. That was that was the key characteristics of the Wild Wild West. We got all that, But who cares. I think that gives a fuck. He did it in a modern way. I thought that was that's created. It's basically we are. And the reason was sparked, is what Jalen said.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, he kind of right, because like, yeah, it was like the Wild Wild West, Like it made sense, Like it's making this movie make a lot more sense to me, because you got the gunfights, you got the like.
Speaker 1: That was never my confusion. My confusion was never why why are you making this a Western? That was never because he's from New Mexico, so who is a Yeah? Okay, so again my whole thing was always what is the point I.
Speaker 3: Think showing the correlation of.
Speaker 4: This time with the time of the with the eighteen hundreds or whatever when the Wild Wild West was happening.
Speaker 6: Now, I think you probably just don't like the point that he was making in this movie.
Speaker 1: What is it? What's the point that he was making that I'm supposed to like or dislike? I think that if it's really just, oh hey, guys during twenty twenty, there's a correlation between what happened in twenty twenty and the Wild Wild West, if that's the whole point.
Speaker 6: No, not that, I'm just I'm just thinking about just like again, like just it was even on his truck about I can't remember what it was on the truck something about the virus, but just like how these how we all can be infected and with this one thing, and what is the virus?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 6: It gets in your system and then it starts to grow nfest and you kind of see it where this whole BLM thing started with two girls talking as social justice, and here come these two guys long. The next thing you know, they're in the crowd, in the in this small block, in the truck. The next thing you know, it's this whole little city. You have that thing. You have Joe's ambitions as well, that's growing and manifesting, and he get infected with that, and then that leads to violence.
Speaker 1: And that's a parallel to like it could be uh literally figuratively with Joe, Like as the as the affection got.
Speaker 2: Worse, he got worse, He got worse.
Speaker 6: He even he didn't believe in COVID still never revealed that he had it when it got tested, came back coughing, trying to conceal the cough. But what is he doing this whole time he's there, In the time that he said, COVID wasn't there. COVID came as you wanted out by the by the homeless guy, right. But all he's doing, what is he doing? He's spreading the virus everywhere, and the virus in this town is being spread by a lot of different things. That's kind of looping back in area also was saying by also outside world and the Internet that they have access to.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Y'all, I don't think the third I was present in this film. I think this is the most basic ass message. I think I was looking for something deeper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's what. That's kind of where I was going.
Speaker 3: Your explanation sounds better than they played out on screen.
Speaker 5: It didn't play out because y'all are not wrong, and I'd like it what y'all saying, but how it played out on screen, it did not.
Speaker 3: It didn't come off there with.
Speaker 1: I don't even like the way you not not anything against you, I don't even like the way you said it, because I feel like this could be a TVV. No, I'm not. I got what I mean for the sound.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't mean it like that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying like, if already Aster came out and said, hey, this is what I was going for, I would still have the same annoyed stance that I have now. That's where I was going before you to jump in and make it exactly.
Speaker 2: Thank you, just.
Speaker 1: Right, But yeah, yeah, that's my thing. You're right. I think I just didn't care about the message, and I didn't care about the way the message was portrayed. Because if when I'm supposed to walk away from with this entire film is social media is dangerous. I'm looking at you like, bro, are you fucking serious? Water is wet, the sky is blue, Like, do this in a more creative way. We all know cults are bad, but when you watch Midsommar, you're like, oh shit, this is crazy. How this play. We know that family trauma is a thing, but when you watch Hereditary, you're like, oh shit, that's why the way this broke down. If it's just me and I guess spiked to a degree, that's fine. I'm not trying to get y'all change of mind. I think that my expectations were just way too high for this film, even though I walked in being like, I don't think I'm gonna like this, but because I've liked all of ari Astro's films, I was hoping I would. But by the end of this movie, I was just like, Bro, this is your easily easily by leaps and bounds, your worst film. This is nowhere near what you did with Midsommar, Hereditary, or Bo's Afraid. I think the acting was great to wrap this up. From my stance, I think the acting was great. I think certain stories and actors were completely under fucking utilized. We didn't even need Louise in this whole fucking movie. Y'all could have took Louise out of this shit, and the whole fucking thing could have played out the exact same way. Because Louise added nothing to this. You could have had Don still there giving him the conspiracy stuff. It was just like, and then the the cult guy Wise Vernon, he didn't do shit in this, and he's all over the posters and whatnot. And when you're talking about the Buffalo or whene of y'all talking about Buffalo. Yeah, yeah, Jalen, Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 3: That was very obvious.
Speaker 1: But I think in my brain I saying, he's not going this basic. I was telling myself this whole film. I was like, he ain't talking about COVID. At some point, there's a demon.
Speaker 2: And see I didn't even think it was a COVID movie. Honestly. I thought COVID was just kind of used as a setting.
Speaker 6: But what the real quick Dawn did she become part of the institution herself.
Speaker 2: Institution you mean, because wasn't she speaking on behalf of.
Speaker 1: What was at the end of the morning, he basically became the new mayor because she was huge a caretaker, but she was kind of running the show because clearly Joe was an invalid at this point.
Speaker 2: Which I don't know how or whatever.
Speaker 4: Well, she was able to kind of spread her message. She was kind of able to spread her message that she's always had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she's now has the power and the ears to spread the conspiracies. Now why we end with all them climbing in the bed, No fucking clue. Why we end with Michael in the field shooting the target and then it pulls back. It's just like who who cares? Like what difference is make at this point? Yeah, he's mad, he's he's he's gonna.
Speaker 4: I think he's going to try to assassinate Joe at some point, man.
Speaker 1: Choke to assassinate Joe. You can him over, but he has to do it to get away with it. That's what you think he practiced. Absolutely, he practicing. Absolutely, he is. That's whack as fuck.
Speaker 6: I think he realized the system isn't for him, and now he's anti system.
Speaker 2: I know he's still working.
Speaker 3: For the Sistee.
Speaker 5: Oh god, but you know what this y'all y'all worrying because I was.
Speaker 3: I ran out of there with Chris.
Speaker 1: I was like, thank god, this bush. I don't even care why he's because when I saw him shooting, I was like, why is he shooting? Then when it pulled back and it's like, oh, there's the data center. Is he shooting at the data center? Is he mad that the data centers there? What is happening? But y'all saying, oh, he was practicing to shoot Joe. I'm like, dog, I think he definitely going to do something. But you know, because why would you even kill Joe? Like, Joe didn't blow your dumb ass up? Quote unquote, he know Joe set him up? Yeah, I think he made How does he know Joe set him up? Because no, he's no Joe said a month. He know, he knows that he was set up. He said it on a different station. That's a different statement. He doesn't know that Joe set him up. Who else would have set a month? The other white guy or this group. Yes guy was the only one that was racist, but.
Speaker 3: He was in on. But but Joe was in on. He's like, don't do this, Why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Know that Michael does not. Michael, when he starts to call, he asked Joe. He told Joe, I don't trust exactly.
Speaker 4: But they show him looking at Joe towards the end in the crowd.
Speaker 3: He was in the crowd. Look we dot all that.
Speaker 1: But the whole the statement of he knows Joe set him up, I'm saying that is that is not true. He may suspect it now never why why would they suspect it?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of with Rod, like, why the is he looking at Joe like that?
Speaker 1: Even if even if the film is trying to imply that Michael thinks that Joe set him up, it doesn't make any sense because why would he think that? Because we they still don't know that Joe's the one that killed Ted. They still don't know that Joe was the one that had the gun. No one knows all this. So how would Michael know that Joe put the gun in his car?
Speaker 2: Know that?
Speaker 1: No, he would right exactly, So Michael would think more so that it was guy that set him up. So why would he be practicing outside to shoot Joe?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: The only thing maybe he thinks that well, guy got blown up, So why would he set me up and then have to himself blown up. Joe somehow lived, but it seems like he would be practicing to kill whoever these Antifa people are because he he Michael doesn't seem that dumb. It seems like he'd figure out, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Because they kidnapped him. He knowed somebody else jail.
Speaker 1: They broke him out of the jail, and then they then Joe and guy get there and say how did you get out here? So there's no way he thinks my Joe did it. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 6: Unless they told him a bunch of ship that we didn't see.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 1: We broke you out and Joe did it. Just so you know, Joe is a part of all this, and we broke you out, that would be really And we're gonna blow you up, so even if you die, you're gonna go to the depth.
Speaker 3: At you asking great questions. I don't know, but that's up. We're done. We're done.
Speaker 1: I wanted to end this a while ago. I told you all this ship was gonna go along anyway.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I totally just cut you off while you're saying I'm sorry, I was kind of joking, but I realized that was weirde what were you saying? I'm good? No, man, go ahead, So no know I was good. I was just saying, well, why I already had? I got it out?
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I just said, like, why was he looking at I have no clue, That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: I think because they turned on him. He was looking at him with some disdain, like he thought Joe trusted him a little bit more. But I don't know if he was killed when they were in the scenario, he couldn't believe that they were treating him like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but see that goes back to what the girlfriend was saying. She's like, look, they don't give a about you.
Speaker 1: You know what she was realizes that makes more sense to me what Spike said. I would I would buy that anyway. We're not that your little point wasn't good and stuff? Okays after me, all right, we're done here. Let me know what y'all think. Am I being too harsh on this film and spiked the marsh on this film? Or Ken and Rod just acceptance?
Speaker 3: Whatever?
Speaker 2: Ship? What is.
Speaker 1: The truth somewhere in the middle, y'all? Let us know what y'all thought, and we will see y'all next time.