Speaker 1: And where are we going here?
Speaker 2: Anything you have a chance against us? Mister cowboy gay mother food?
Speaker 3: What you like to do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Play chess, screw whether's play chest?
Speaker 3: They give off the Jonathan Taylor Chuck cunning gets way cooking the goal line.
Speaker 6: He's in there, put down and why Jonathan Taylor were.
Speaker 3: Fines car.
Speaker 7: Here's Hanniber into the front court, mishandled it against a shot, hits it.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 2: I have never been better to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true.
Speaker 7: With a ride with JMV on ninety three five and one oh seven five Tuesday. Thank you for joining us. Let's get going. That's some injuries, you know.
Speaker 3: For the first almost week's worth of get togethers up at Graham Park and Westfield, it had been relatively, if not close to entirely, injury free, and even some of the names synonymous with this team with injuries side step in the situation. But yeah, today not so much. We'll see about Jalen Jones. That's the one. When you bring the card out and take somebody off the field, that's the one. And then when you combine that with the description of non contact. Non contact is really sports injury wise, a horrific description anymore. Everybody thinks, or remember when it was, well, this is really tough, and you know you're just getting swallowed up by the tackler and getting hit real hard. You would almost rather somebody be described as being hit hard now than it being non contact. Non contact injury absolutely ends most of the time. Now, there are exceptions, justin fields last week left did he not on a cart for the Jets as their quarterback? And then hell was back the next day with a sore toe or something of I think a great deal lot of evidence in the past and experience, certainly with dealing with injuries that are described as non contact, so we will follow that story. You don't want to see anybody get injured at all, but you do really focus on that secondary because you can tell there's been an emphasis on that secondary, whether it's lou An Rumo. If you missed our conversation yesterday, which yeah, I know I did. I brought the bad luck to the Reds having Lance on, and I was skeptical about doing it, but I really wanted to talk with him and they were into game number one against the Dodgers. I felt it was a really good time and yeah, obviously my decision making was not good. Jink. It doesn't take much to Jinks the Reds. They normally do that to themselves, very handy at doing that to themselves. But I certainly helped him out yesterday. That said, we were talking to Lance McAllister about lou Ann Rumo and a concentration or a focus on the secondary, and you could tell that's what the Colts did in the off season, really went out and did that focus, whether you're talking about safety or corner. Two of the more thought of positional players of the secondary brought in high dollar amounts. Free agency goes against the grain, and you still you sit and you wait, and we probably would have would we not been even harder on Juju Brentz and his lack of availability had the quarterback not been the major focus in that category. And probably Juju gets a little bit. I don't want to say a pass that's not fair because you end up talking about it anyway, but because he's a local dude, but you just kind of sit back and unfortunately you wait a little bit. Hopefully there's nothing with Juju Brentz there with a hamstring, but he was one of those injuring notes at the end of practice earlier today, Michael Pittman junior with a groin. You know, the one thing outside of the secondary and we will get back to Jalen Jones in that category in just a second, But one thing outside the secondary is that of the wide receiver. Can somebody throw the football in their general vicinity? Because these dudes don't look bad, do they They don't look bad. There's something I guess. I'm very careful in how I say things or proclaim things now because past history wouldn't suggest that things work out of that capacity. By now, most fans out there go, all right, you're going to talk this up in the preseason, You're going to talk this up in training camp, and it's kind of described as propaganda. Yeah, I'm not gonna deal with propaganda. I'm just gonna say, as always, the ultimate test is what you see on the field on Sunday. This is all the work, This is all the craft that gets you the opportunity to show what you can do. And until that takes place, sure, because of past history, we're all going to be skeptical. There was a point of time in Colt's history around here when it was completely flipped. It was a one point eighty. It was a ride of passage. Here you go, this is going to be a thirteen win team. Didn't worry about it. All you worried about was once they got into the postseason, are they going to have home field advantage throughout? When would they meet the Patriots. You weren't worried about any of the seasonal stuff. Yeah, whatever, start of the season September October. Remember how comfortable you were when you had none of the worries that you have had in the past more than a handful of years, and what you continue to have right now. Remember how good that felt. And some have the audacity to describe us as spoiled. Nothing being spoiled it that's what you came to expect because back then that's what you were told. And then what you were told then was backed up. What you have been told in the past again handful of years up until now has not been backed up. You've been told something and you have seen a delivery of something completely different and very underwhelming truth be told. So getting back to the point of emphasis, here it is always just a wait and see until things matter, until they count, or as I've described it, I sound like the real world promo until things get real. But the wide receiver category, if somebody can maybe direct the football in their general vicinity, and frankly, I don't care who it is, and I've said all along it's going to be Anthony Richardson. Just if not, then why do you even jack with it? But whomever is capable of putting it in a general vicinity of some of these guys, I think you give your team a chance because some of these guys they're gonna catch it are good. Jonathan Taylor running, it's good. Oftentimes we like cover everything else up with the depression of a very disappointing team. And the problem is if you have a quarterback that has been disappointing, then that is going to shadow the rest of the team. Very rarely are you able to wiggle out of issues that are created by your signal caller, whether it's unavailability or lack of execution or inefficiency whatever. So yeah, we sit here and we wait. But the wide receiver position, I will say this, I try not to get overly excited about a lot of stuff, but one is interesting. This is not a guy that's been described as a rookie has to be just one thing or the other. And still the test is going to be when things matter. But the guy so far has given you us no reason to feel that he is nothing but absolutely legit. And it's always great when you have a dude that can do a lot of different things. How many years have the Colts had a tight End or that position and nothing against it, but it's been well, that guy's really good at this. But that's so good, you're kind of mixing and matching. So you're going to be like the pacers at Center this year. You're gonna mix and you're gonna match. Remember when Napoleon Dynamite and the thrift store wanted to buy the twenty four pack, but it's dad, he had to get the twelve pack. You got to mix in your match because Uncle Rico was laying down the financial law in the family. If you got to mix in your match at tight End. Over the years, and this guy looks like he's going to be able to do some things. Some things that you watch and you have deeply rooted admiration for others around the NFL that they're capable of doing. Yeah, I know that. You know, like like Kelsey is like a oh ho home, you're gonna talk about this guy again. I know that his girlfriend or his relationship has kind of overwhelmed his play on the field. Swamped it if you will, you know, you're not so much worried about on the field anymore. All you end up talking about what's going on, you know, off the field, whether he's doing a podcast with his brother, or he's ad a Taylor Swift concert or whatever. But he's a guy that has been for so many years such a legitimate threat from that position. But man Warren has just done so much and we're always looking for that dog. He definitely looks like a dog. Hopefully that's the case. Again, you get to prove it, but hopefully that's the case. I mentioned. I double back to Jalen Jones apparently left as described. We'll talk to Joel A. Erickson of The Star coming up here in the four o'clock hour about that situation. Hamstring pain, caught it off. All these things are not good. Hopefully you just err on the side of caution and that's that. But the whole non contact thing and then cart it off seemingly would and should worry absolutely everybody. So we'll see, and he's gonna be a guy that's gonna be counted on, you know, in the running, in the running for the other side of Mooney, obviously with Kenny Moore back there. But then you have Juju Brandt who goes out with a hamstring and he, simply put has been a guy that you cannot count on to remain healthy, you hope, because seemingly he has a skill set that's necessary, you hope. But he's not been able to be counted on so far. So that is an update right there, and we'll talk to Joel about the quarterbacks. Somebody had brought this up to me, and I guess I don't notice because I don't pay as much attention as everybody else does to what absolutely everybody is saying. And believe me, all these guys worked their ass off of covering this team, and my ass here as hell is not out there until Thursday. So I give credit where credit is due, always have and always will. I just haven't noticed that some people have said, do you know that all you see are the good plays from Anthony Richardson? You don't really see too much from Daniel Jones, do you. I haven't really noticed. And one of the reasons why I haven't noticed is I have expected the entire time that Richardson was going to be the guy and was going to start Week one unless he was just absolutely awful and or unavailable, as I've explained in the past, if he doesn't, if you're beaten out by a guy that has been let's just say it, but the New York Giants, he's been a disappointment. There's a reason why he was available. Now I will say this by whatever means necessary. You don't care. You don't care. But in a perfect world, which we're far from that, and cert only haven't been that around here for years. But in a perfect world, you would much rather see the guy that they drafted number four overall finally come into his own. But at this point in time, I mean, hell, you don't care if I play quarterback, and if I'm good at quarterback. You just want to go down there and be entertained and see some winning and not played. Just one weekend into January, for God's sake, I mentioned the right of passage. It used to be and now you're stuck in that what Buffalo was or what the Bengals were back in the day. You're stuck in that rut where you simply put, can't get out of it. Into the show yesterday, if somebody had called, you know, and I can't remember exactly who it was, was a brand and I don't think it was Mona on John he was talking about the guy de Mona and who broke a stick in front of our faces years ago. But if somebody else that was talking about yeah, you know, it's a little underwhelming right now, a little apathetic, and this is something else that the cults are going to have to do. They're gonna have to do, They're gonna have to prove. This is not one of these things where you just show up in week number one and hey, everybody believes that you're going to be unbeaten and you're going to the super Bowl. This is a team that has a lot to live up to. This is a team that's done basically the same damn thing for a number of years, and they've gone with the same group for a number of years, with the exception now of a defensive coordinator. So I guess, as you could say if you're from where I'm from in southern Indiana, ain't nobody buying that blank until you see it. And that makes a lot of sense. And then we'll watch for some of the reports on Jalen Jones, but on Rymond got that extension. We talked about that last week. There was the art of negotiation that was going well done by the Austrie. He was on with Jake and you can kind of tell a little bit of an angle being presented there. It's what happens. Then something less than a week later got done. And I will say this the left tackle, much like what we're talking about, until proven otherwise, with the team playing well until proven otherwise, this guy has been legit. That is a really good thing. Now we'll talk that a lot of colts for you. Joe a ericson of the Star a further break. I'm actually watching him in the video. He was on the side where Braden Smith is talking on this video right now, and my man is absolutely sweating through the shirt right there. If you go out there and you're sitting in a heat like that, do you strategically wear a shirt to where you don't have sweat and pitstains anybody do. That doesn't matter because I would not wear navy blue or gray out there, and I don't look in the mirror and go. And I know somebody called me douchey the other day, which yeah, I do have kind of an issue with that. I'm trying to keep a competitive balance in my bad right now. I'm staying hillbilly true to form while also adding a bit of how'd I describe it, of douche toxicity. So I'm trying to have an even balance. I think I have even to out a little bit, but sometimes I think the douche and this does take over my bad. Not really worried about what I wear, and I'm sure I'm not worried about what anybody else wears. What you want, but I think, strategically speaking, if I'm going to go out there, it's either going to be something white right, or like Mike Chappell, I heard him mention yesterday whatever it was, that he wore a black shirt. Well, you wear that right, even when it's hot like this, so you don't sweat your ass off in front absolutely everybody. I think that's pretty smart. Don't look like sw was it? Shawn Miller and my Seawan Miller was wearing a white shirt years ago. Remember when you had the white shirt on and the undershirt underneath it, and he was just like sweating. You could like see like he had man nip showing through and stuff. As the head coach then of Arizona. Sometimes it just doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: No, that's what you guys all expected on this Tuesday afternoon is some dressing pointers in the heat. For me, if it were me, I think we all just go shirtless and call it a day. But among the things we do in this world, evidently that's frowned upon. So we won't on Thursday, where also, I believe the forecast calls for it being much cooler, which is cool by me. I'll see what up there coming up on Thursday too. That is a night gathering, and we will be up there. I have no idea. I will give a shout out. And he probably heard the crossover with Jake and I a little bit earlier. Sometimes I tend to get a little bit salty with those they don't get back with us, and I know that that's okay, We're not their major focus. But yeah, I mean at some point maybe you should and I have to give a tip of the cap because I have nothing but done nothing but rail on the Colts for how many years now? And they never stop putting people on this show, never stop. It is quite amazing. I mean, railed upon railed upon railed. There's a video this goes back to I think it was the combine before last. You guys remember that video with Chris Baller with me, and you can tell Chris Baalow would have rather have been anywhere than sitting talking to my dumbass. You could tell arms are crossed. Hey you got a root canal or an enema or anything you can do. Can you get this clown away from me? With his Q and a bull crap? It was awesome, But you know what, there he was, and there he was next year, there they were with a guy. It's I'll give credit where credit is due. Off the times when you're hardcore on a team, especially for a number of years, and that's all they've heard, they can and would shut you down. But the shout out to Matt Connie and company for doing that. That is just professionals. Hell I do. I never try to make it personal. It is always professional. It may be inaccurate, but nothing's ever personal. It's just weird. And the one that we beef on the most, give you the most, and the ones, oh we can't, we don't have time today. I'm not really that angry about Felix either. Now if he was on the play, he was on a plane whatever. But it's one of those things where had Brent Halverson on a Thursday and I go, man, you're going to be driving that grateful dead livery and honestly nobody cares. I mean, you're out in Laguna, say you're going to Portland. Let's give you a little bit of love right here. And then well the timing was off. Okay, sorry about that. I would come in here and like three I will say this, James, you can put that out there. If somebody the Fever would ever call you back, I'll come here at three in the morning and tape them. I swear to God, I'll come right in here at three am and tapeum if anybody ever calls you back. The one time we got Lexi on this show was because the trainer listened to the show, remember, and she was on the training table. Well I'll keep that in mind, thank you, just say whatever. Twenty four seven three sixty five. My man's open like seven eleven right here, seven eleven's back right as a part of speedway. You just tell him I'm here. I'm here when they need me. Hey, we were Also, this was at the end of the show yesterday and I did want to work this in before the break man Jason Hammer has a new camera and I swear is it making me look like extra white? Look? I look like they used to make fun of me all the time, the baggery at the other station. They called me powder. You ever see the movie Powder? So I look like powder? Well, James, I got right. We've got a little bronzing going on right here? Can you tell that there's bronzing? So I do a video before the start of the show with Hammer and Nigel ninety three WIBC. And I don't know does Hammer put the damn powder filter on me or what? It looks like. I've been vacationing in Antarctica.
Speaker 9: It looks like it may just be a little bit blown out from the lights. It may just.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that I need some special lighting. Yeah, exactly, cool, Okay, that makes me feel a lot better. We need to up the production value. Special lighting for this guy.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually muffed the post for the first time in forever, but then I redeemed myself. I didn't hit to Billy Idole, but I came back and got to Billy Ocean, so that was good. That video is up right now if you guys want to check it out. Matter of fact, I think I've already retweeted that or I'm sorry re exed it. At this point I should probably know better. Oh yeah, I did want to mention this too. When I brought up yesterday at the end of the show the espresso martini because of Pickle on Pin where Steve has that on his menu, Pickle on Pin that, I said that that is like a drink that maybe the most popular cocktail right now. With the ladies. Lindsay Monroe counted that and.
Speaker 5: Said absolutely no ditch you.
Speaker 2: Yeah nice.
Speaker 3: They had evidently she and Josh at their wedding here about a month ago, they had that as an espresso martini bar, so I guess it, Yeah, an espresso martini bar. They had her at the wedding. At the wedding, so that's a brown drink. Someone who paid for that. It's a brown drink and a white dress. You gotta be you gotta be careful. Yeah, brown drake, white dress. Shout out to Lindsay and Josh. By the way, I think they're about a month in being married. Good luck. I'm just joking now, seriously, you don't need luck. You guys love one another. Everything will be great. But yeah, Tyrone's backing me up on that whole Martini thing right there. We got to talk to Steve sometimes so I can get into my HEMMI no, my Miami, my uh, my achilles right here is a little sore. So I agreed to play hoop tonight. Right now, I would say I'm fifty to fifty, but I'll probably get a set I can win here a little bit later on what's happening right there?
Speaker 9: You still got the boot?
Speaker 3: Got the boot? I wear the boot all the time. Seriously, I wear the boot. I'm just gonna wear the boot all the time. Seriously. Why not because I think the boot helps. They'd have to be an orthopedic surgeon that could tell me I think the boot actually helps me. True story. Now quickly, I'll come back. Joel a ericson of the Star coming up after four. Greg's gonna join us on the other side. That's Greg Rigstraw. Get a lot more for you on this show. And yeah, I know I did jinx the Reds yesterday. I'll try to make up for that coming up later on today and I will get into even as a non Cubs fan, what Ryan Sandberg meant to me. All baseball fans, I'm assuming, especially if you grew up in my era, would agree. R Ip to one of the Goats. Quick Break, the stream of the app HD Radio, the Triple A Membership Lounge via youtubelod ninety three five and one seven five.
Speaker 5: The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 3: Hey my buddy ahead over there.
Speaker 4: I want to go over there once and.
Speaker 7: I'm driving Nutty three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: They welcome back now Joel A. Ericsson, the Colts. Basically a weekend now Thursday from me up in Westfield. I'll look for you guys all up there too. Who was it yesterday they called and said they're gonna give me a beer? Well done. I think the dude said, hey, well I don't drink, and I said, well, hey I do. Now I'll see you all up in Westfield coming up on Thursday. Actually, I think twice I go, this is they and then next Thursday or two weeks. I don't know, something like that. I know, see Todd sent me this schedule about a thousand times. I believe I haven't memorized by now. But yes, two Thursdays, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Two Thursdays, this Thursday, and then Thursday the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Yes, So I also need to tell my folks I'm going to do. This is great, right, so I'm doing some speaking engagement on the fourteenth, some speaking engagement.
Speaker 9: Oh, yes, they may have added another day. Yeah, it looks like you're there Monday the eleventh.
Speaker 5: Monday the eleventh.
Speaker 3: Cool. I think I have a meeting with wind Shoolers. You know, wind Shoolers. Cheese is coming back. The cheese is coming out the cheeses because the spreadability is coming back.
Speaker 9: That's been a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a year before last. Yeah, and we turned them on their ear or two. They ran out of cheese everywhere, like the world of spreadable cheese was absolutely thrown on its ear by being a part of this show.
Speaker 9: That does that mean they're going to come back in with some free sampling of set product.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming free sampling. I I just got to figure out in what context I will eat it? How do I put it?
Speaker 9: That's true?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do I put it on? Any vexibles?
Speaker 9: Can you mix it with cottage cheese? Or do you think it goes well on your tuna?
Speaker 3: I don't eat tuna, so yeah, I have to put it on some sort of vegetable probably probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The spread ability's back coming up this fall, which you guys have all been waiting on right there on the Andy Moore Automotive Group hoodline. Something else you were waiting on Greg Reikstraw, who is not so fresh back from Iceland and had a planes and trains and automobiles type of experience trying to get his ass home, didn't.
Speaker 10: You, Buddy, Well, I had to settle for doing three and a half hours of radio from the brickyard and not six.
Speaker 3: So yeah, for stepping in. That's always good. That's always good. Here. Hey, shout out to Todd Meyer, by the way, So Todd Byer was in Michigan when he was orchestrating this because of the whole flight situation with you, and was kind enough to bring me back a case of the Bat's Blue Light in bottles and a case of the Bat's Blue non alcoholic in bottles.
Speaker 10: Well, why would you get the non alcoholic, Joe.
Speaker 3: No, it's for somebody else, not for me. Okay, now it's all I go alcoholic, go home. That's what they say.
Speaker 10: So you did two and a half hours of radio and you got a case of the Bats, and you got an Iceland football chart out of there.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did win for years. That was a big win right there. Now, where are you with the Bat's Blue?
Speaker 10: If somebody hands me a cold beer, I'll drink it, John, that's going to where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I loved the Bats, but I drank le Bat's Blue in college and Indian of the State.
Speaker 10: I think all of us went through a Canadian beer phase in college.
Speaker 3: We did it.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 5: It was Molson Canadian.
Speaker 10: Was the beer nineteen ninety five?
Speaker 3: Was it Molson Golden? Do they still make Molson Golden? That was popular back in the nineties two.
Speaker 10: It was just straight Molson Canadian. There was a Triple A baseball team in Vancouver that was the Canadians, and basically it was the logo off of the beer bottle, and so that was, you know, whatever, Molson Eyes because we were you know, we grew up in the ice beer age.
Speaker 3: Yes, we did.
Speaker 10: Do you'll make the beer cool, just put ice on the name. It makes it be cool, right right. So add to Molson Eyes because I did have a can of the Trip for like a week when I was in college in the summer of ninety five. But of the Molson family of beers, Molson Canadian was my favorite.
Speaker 3: Do you think ice Tea or ice Cube ever tried to sue because they were the major reasons why I always felt the ice beer craze took place in the nineties.
Speaker 10: No, man, it was what made him popular. Is it was free advertising for him?
Speaker 3: Oh you think so? And there was absolutely like Ice Cubes was always trying to make a buck out of that. I'd think he'd the first one to go, well, wait a minute, all of a sudden we got all this ice stuff going on.
Speaker 10: Both those guys have fared pretty well in life. I think you made it out, Okay.
Speaker 3: I will tell you this. There was a I went through a small craze in the late nineties early two thousands with J. W. Dundee's Honey Brown Did you nevergot about it until I found out it was like five hundred calories of bottle.
Speaker 10: Well, apparently I've been drinking them for some time and apparently JW.
Speaker 3: Did you ever have any j W. Dundees Brown.
Speaker 10: It was phenomenal beer, I know what, like drinking a cinnamon role apparently, And I.
Speaker 3: Went through a lot of the the ice beer phase of the Bat's blue phase, the amstell light phase. I had some of that last weekend and it wasn't what I thought. It was amstill light, so yeah, but also JW. Honey Brown.
Speaker 10: We we would have to pay the rent kegger last Friday of every month, and one day we stumbled into getting a Killian's Irish red keg, and like this pre social media, words spread around on campus and the party got just a little bit too big. I was getting a little bit nervous, yes, but Rehet was well paid that month.
Speaker 3: ME tell you over in Tera Hate at the then and I'm obviously with somebody else now. But in ninety three ninety two, ninety three was a party cast go over on Third Street and we would go get a keg of bush Light draft. That was the go too. But I would take because they would send me back to the cooler and I would like carry it out. I would take one of the lids the Heineken caps off the Heineken keg and then put that with and people would go up and like like pump the keg and think that it was Heineken, when in fact it was bush light draft. I thought that was savvy as hell.
Speaker 10: And they frankly wouldn't know the difference.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't.
Speaker 10: So the mini bar in the room on the cruise, you know, had like two coach two four things and Tito's, a couple of bottles of Heavy and the Heavy Phenomenal, and a couple of Heinekens, and basically we had the packageer. You could drink anywhere on the boat, you know, for free. And so it was a lot of mccartis and.
Speaker 4: Coach because they're on vacations.
Speaker 10: What you do even with fifty five degrees right, you know, I would have penia coladas looking at icebergs. It was a wonderful trip. I had the one Heineken in my room and I got about happening him like this is absolute swill. So yes, playing that off as a bush light is perfectly bolt.
Speaker 4: Up by you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, hey, by the way, gritty says Molsten Golden was our beer of choice at the Office Lounge in the early nineties. That's the Office Lounge on the East third Street in Bloomington. That's a place where we need a tavern tour stop the Office Lounge in Bloomington.
Speaker 10: For sure, you're pimping out. You had one tavern two or stup available. There you go, are you going to beat.
Speaker 3: And that would be what you know we're going to in September, We're doing a largecaebourbon locks and the Lunazul tequila shots from the upstairs pub.
Speaker 10: There you go. That's nice, well done.
Speaker 3: That is nice. Hey, I wanted to ask you regarding a lot is made about the quarter of situation. Somebody had said, all we do is see they're really good throws by Richardson, and you know that's just angling to give him the starting job. And while I listen, it's okay if you described this as a competition, the worst case scenario in this competition is if Richardson gets beaten out in it. Would you not agree?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I would agree with that, But again I legitimately think whoever the better quarterbacks is at the end of August will be the starter. Because everybody knows you've got to win now or if not, it's reset time. I will say this, having been there for the last three practices, I have seen more good than bad from Anthony Richardson. You're seeing some more touch on some throws, and it's not just the you know, fifty yard bomb. He's throwing the outs a lot better. There's still some bad plays in there, Like literally, there's this little set they run on the goal line today that is supposed to be kind of a shovel pass to Tyler war and he threw it from four feet away, through it a foot behind him, and I'm like, I'm like, I could make that throw. How are you missing that? But at the same time, I've been watching the last couple of days, I saw more good plays than bad, and I saw throws that have given him fits be done better. Is it perfect though? But did he kind of look more like the guy as a rookie that was a sixty percent passer, which is much closer to what you need to be in the National Footballleague to be successful than say being a guy who was subbed fifty percent, which gets people fired. He looked more like like like the first guy I mentioned. So there's still there's still a lot of proof of the pudding in terms of what he looks like in preseason games, what he looks like in regular season games, but based on what on all we have to judge it on. So far through a week of training camp, there are places where I see improvement from Anthony Richards.
Speaker 3: Greg Gregsaw's on the Andy Moore autoim ontive group pile line. He was at coach practice a little bit earlier today. That's probably all out in the proverbial wash here on either side. But do you think that it is more this wide receiving corps that would have the opportunity because I think that we downplay them a little bit, or they're downplayed nationally a little bit because they haven't had an accurate quarterback throwing to them. I think if somebody is in their general vicinity, I think they can make that somebody look good. Do you think that is a possibility or is it more you have to be on target with these guys to make the quarterback whomever this is going to be, look good.
Speaker 10: I really don't have a question about the about the skill position players for the Colts. I honestly don't now other than quarterback that Obviously we have questions about that, but Jonavan Taylor, we know what he's about. Tyler Warren, we saw it at Penn State, and I think that still set translates to the National Football League. There are questions about a d Mitchell. Again, he made some nice plays today too, but frankly, you know, he's kind of fourth a depth chart right now. And I like the three guys that are in front of him in terms of Pierce, in terms of downs, in terms of Pittman. So I do think this wide receiver group is solid and capable. I like what the edition of Warren is a tied end. We know what Jonathan Taylor is about. There's always question marks in every team if somebody were to get hurt, but I you know whoever the quarterback is going to be. I think that quarterback has the skill position weapons to be successful.
Speaker 3: Greg graystraws with us. We both grew up Reds fans. However, I'm assuming if you're like me, and you are, you had a great deal of admiration because in the cable era, even though I didn't have it, I got to see it more often than not at different places that you saw the afternoon comes games and he was an incredibly special player, and yesterday we learned he passed away. What Ryan and Sanborg is a player mean to you as a budding baseball fan in the.
Speaker 10: Day, Well, obviously you saw him in every All Star Game for the other part of a decade. And yes there was the rub that all of baseball got, but especially the Cubs in the Atlanta Braves because you knew they were going to be on every day. And I think you and I lived a similar existence. My guess is you didn't get cable until you went to college for the first time.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty eight, we got a satellite dish, one of those big moon Raker things that got everything. That's the first time I had cable.
Speaker 10: For some reason. My mom and dad got satellite when I moved away, too, so I literally I remember being able to watch the US Open on you say in the fall of ninety four, I moved to the University of Indianapolis, thinking cable is great. I may never leave the room again. So did I watch Rono play on WGN when I was at a buddy's house or staying with somebody. But was there more love for him nationally because of the timing of when he played for the Cubs. Yes, but was he a no doubt about thet Hall of Famer. Absolutely, and for the most part, other than eighty four and eighty nine, he was a great player on bad teams, you know, for the better part of a decade. So any one of our age knows how wonderful of a baseball player Ryan Sandberg was. And frankly, virtually every story you have heard over the last twenty four hours since his passion became public was that. I mean, in virtually every meeting in a public setting. He was an absolutely first class person too.
Speaker 3: Speaking of baseball, I'm trying really hard not to junks the Reds, but I may have done it with Lance McAllister yesterday. Every time I get excited about this group, they end up crapping the bed every time.
Speaker 10: There is something to be said about playing the Dodgers. The Dodgers are pretty good, so maybe that was more about what the Dodgers did.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, but the Reds are still, organizationally speaking, habitual bedcrappers.
Speaker 10: They also have a couple of to get teams in front of them too, so they're at least in the mix, which they were at the start.
Speaker 4: Of the season.
Speaker 3: Greg Reigshaw's on the Andy Moore on a Motive Group plotline. Hopefully I see you out there on Thursday. How about that you will not come.
Speaker 10: I'm booked elsewhere on Thursday. I've got the City League Finals on Thursday, So my next appearance at Colts Camp will be on Sunday. But I'm sure our pass will.
Speaker 3: Cross the City League Finals at Basketball that is basketball.
Speaker 10: That it's twenty to thirty year old Basketball League. A lot of the guys that have played in that final over the years were actually playing in the TVT event in Wichita this weekend the fale Harder team, So it has kind of some different teams. So Aaron Henry, Robert Glenn, Tayshawn Johnson, Trevion Blewett, We're all playing in the men's championship game, which is at a twenty. The WIMS championship game has three of the Gods sisters on one team. The other team is led by Ali Becky, who just graduated at Ball State from Browns is part of their state runner up team four years ago and they are playing for a cash prize honor fitness center at Tech and we'll have that for a six consecutive year on ISC women's game at seven o'clock men's game at eight twenty.
Speaker 3: Well done, right there. Jesse Bengam was playing on that TV t right on Fail Harder.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was on the Failed Heart So Darius Adams, Yeah, obviously you ind legend has been over in China.
Speaker 3: He put up forty two in that game the other.
Speaker 10: Night, which is kind of what Darius has done as a probe for the better part of the last ten to fifteen years. But Kobe Webster from Park Tudor was a big part of that, and those guys made it as difficult as possible and came damn close to making in the semi finals.
Speaker 3: Greg Greg straws are the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. My brother will see you very soon. Thanks for the shirt.
Speaker 10: And thanks for the filling on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You got it, Greg, Greg Straw, Andy Moore Automotive Group potline, that Fail Harder team, what was fun to watch? That was an incredible eelam ending on Sunday night to that game with we are d three TBT stuff Joel a ericson top of the hour, you and I other side Triple A Membership Lounge via YouTube. LII become a Triple A member today. That'd be nice. Do it today.
Speaker 7: Ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 4: It's a drugs Danny. Every game good so it's problem.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: Now Joel a ericson top of the own, we'll be out of colts camp coming up on Thursday night. Practice will lead you into that from three until six or somewhere around there. Yeah, no, kind of on the doorstep.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming that maybe not everybody, but most of you have kids that fire school back up again at the end of this week. Laney has to go on Thursday. Oh how excited? So yeah, officially the man. The end of summer is weird anymore. Trying to do some things in the weekend at the weekend is as hectic as the week is, And yeah, weird stuff. Evan Cheryl's in studio Cluster Truck cluster truck dot com twenty five dollars order of more. You'll get five dollars off by mentioning fan cluster truck dot com. What'd you bring for us? Brother.
Speaker 11: We got the classics salmon and roasted veggies for you, James for James.
Speaker 1: Brought one of the I believe, one of the favorites.
Speaker 11: Nashville Hot Strips, the Nashville Hot Strip.
Speaker 3: That's Jude. It's only a good strip club name, right, Nashville Hot Strips. Yeah, good tenders too.
Speaker 1: Chicken tenders as well.
Speaker 5: No, these breaded or they grilled.
Speaker 1: They are breaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they come here breaded anything grilled? What do you have grilled chicken? Wives?
Speaker 1: We have a grilled chip club.
Speaker 11: I've got twist cheese, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, mayo. It is piled high. That is phenomenal. What else do we have grilled chicken on salads? Southwest Traves tender one at that place. We do not fried tenderloin. Where's your tenderloin rank? Compared to everybody thinks they have a great tender loin?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 11: I mean, I can't speak to it because I haven't tried our tenderloin.
Speaker 3: But isn't one of the big things. It looks like homeplate.
Speaker 1: It is pretty fig it is pretty big. It is pretty big.
Speaker 11: But the reviews say that our tender one is phenomenal, so I'll have to try it and get back to you on that.
Speaker 3: One phenomenal tenderline. Do now do you give a like a decent sized bun or do you have a little tiny bun in the middle of this big tender loin.
Speaker 11: It is our our classic bun. It's a sweet potato bun. So you know it does look kind of comical sometimes with the tender loin. You have a classic, but you can get an extra bun on the side as well, extra bun, extra bun. So does anybody ever say, give me a little extra bun with that?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? I'm always on the I often wondered with those big tender lains. Does anybody say, why are you even giving me this little piece of bond here?
Speaker 1: I agree, No, I agree with you.
Speaker 11: That's why this is the extra bun is classic. You know, cut the ten or one in a half, get two buns going?
Speaker 3: All right? When are you go to put some haliban on the menu? Is that coming?
Speaker 11: Ooh, hall of it, that's a new request. I'll have to look into that one.
Speaker 3: I think we can make that dig allibit, buddy.
Speaker 11: We had Walleye a couple of seasons ago and it was just on the menu seasonally, so halib hal of it not not impossibly.
Speaker 3: I dig the salmon though, man, I do. Yes, I don't know who creates the salmon in the kitchen, but it is exceptional salmon.
Speaker 11: Brother, it was chef Epsy today, so yeah, straight from the head chef herself, so I'm sure that it's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I love it. What else you guys got coming up before we let you go here? H?
Speaker 11: Well, like you said, back to school is coming up, and I know they can get expensive for people, so we're running it back to School Week of Deal. See eleventh through the seventeenth. Every single day there's a different deal from six dollars Southwest trap to I want to get one free mac and cheese, I want to get one free ice cream, breakfast burrito, all types of deals, So stand on the lookout for that. Like I said, August eleventh through seventeenth, and yeah, partner would live golf.
Speaker 1: We're giving away tickets right now.
Speaker 11: Yes, someone actually commented on our Instagram post giving away the tickets that they listen every week on JMV and they're.
Speaker 5: Hoping you do.
Speaker 3: I wonder who that is I think we can call him out right here.
Speaker 5: What's your name?
Speaker 1: It was like JT Money or something.
Speaker 3: You know what, It makes sense that somebody named JT Money listens to this show. I think that was the name Dave Cash. JT Money dollar Bill makes sense, makes sense right now. I'm travelers Check.
Speaker 11: Grateful to people listening and want to be a part of the Cluster Truck you know, family, you want.
Speaker 3: To say that you almost said the Cluster Truck Nation. Be a part of the cluster hopefully someday. Clusterchruck dot Com twenty five dollars order or more, you'll get five dollars off mention fan fa and to get that five dollar discount of an order of twenty five dollars or more Cluster truck dot Com. Evan Cheryls and Studio, my brother. I cannot thank you enough. Always awesome, Thank.
Speaker 11: You, Yes, thank you guys very much for having us. We really really appreciate it. And uh yeah, look forward to partnership in the future.
Speaker 3: Shout out to JT Money, Shout out quick break JT Money to Joel A.
Speaker 7: Erickson of The Star ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: II part in your gender direction.
Speaker 3: Your mother was a humpster and your father Smell of Laberry.
Speaker 5: Ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was seven Cheryl Cluster Truck. Cluster Truck dot Com twenty five dollars order or more get five dollars off. Shout out to JT. Money, who's taking full advantage of the promo code. Fan James over there, I'm John, Thank you for joining us. You're a great straw podcast one oh seven five Thefan dot Com. Charles Arbuckle joins us on the show coming up tomorrow. I am going to be at Colts Camp in Westfield for the first time on Thursday. And you know, oddly enough, all that it takes is finally giving me the opportunity to go and attend and do the show up there. And the skies that were clear clear even more, the temperatures, the humidity all fall and yeah, it becomes shangri la to a degree, who's been fighting through the heats. Well. Our next guest on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline from the Indianapolis Star, he covers the Colts. Joe A. Erickson was us and you know I've mentioned this before. Unfortunately, at the age of fifty five, I'm kind of this perfect mixture between hillbilly and douchey. So the douchey and me wanted to know, do you, strategically during these hot and humid days like today, for example, select a shirt so you don't get sweat and pit stains going when you're covering the colts up there.
Speaker 6: You know what, that's a that's a good question. Uh we what a time I always have, so I'm kind of out of luck on that, but I do pretty much the uh the dry fits now. If I have to do spot for my friends at Fox fifty nine and TVs four, yes, often breathe a second T shirt, a second polo shirt in order to, uh to avoid some of those those issues.
Speaker 3: So unlike you, when I'm on with our friends, you do first, and Joel, I do when they call me, and most of the time i'm you know, hopefully I'm not drunk on a Sunday to come on their Sunday show. Uh normally I do it shirtless. So yeah, there's a huge gap between our professionalism right there on Fox fifty nine, and I can only imagine whom they like better. Joel at this point in time, have you or me on.
Speaker 6: Well, well, I think sometimes we shared the same show because you're on Blue Zone as well. Yeah yeah, and usually usually that's my recap part once we get to the season, So we we shared the same show. Now, obviously as you're doing oh I'm doing it from the stadium, we're gonna have a little bit different modes addressed.
Speaker 3: I thought that I was as responsible as two weeks ago. Phil called me and he goes, hey, you want to come on and do a tape segment. I think Hagen was out, he was someplace else, and I said, yeah, Phil, but man, it is entirely possible that I Am going to be way, way too much in the bag by the time taping rolls around here. So he goes, hey, you know what, just go ahead and stay ahead, stay with what you're doing right there, because there has been a time before they go would you mind taping this over? Yeah, David over a yet if you guys will. But no, it's a fun group and that's part of it too. I mean, you're more of the serious newsworthy and I'm you know, more of the douchey, jack assery kind of thing. So it's kind of you know, you get you get service from both angles, which I think is good and and you know this to be true. It is a very good group to be a part of and to work with, even though I do it for free. How about that? So I do it for free. I do it for free because Hagen does it for free for me, just like you do. So but hey, I was thinking about you. We just popped open a little field of Dreams with Drew Storn his product.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We just popped open a little field of dreams and they have baseball players on on the cork on the lid the cork, if you will. And we just popped open and field of dreams about an hour ago, and Robin you Out was the player on the cork. But that is that your favorite brewer of all time? Robin you Out.
Speaker 6: I'm a little bit young. He's my favorite. But he's by far and away the greatest brew of all time. There's really no comparison.
Speaker 3: To agreed and he is. He stayed there, he never left whereas Moltor left, and you know, delivered in Toronto as well. I am a big fan of Harvey's Wallbangers in eighty two and one because I hate the Cardinals, but I wanted to see Milwaukee, you know, when they were a part of the American League. Then they were in the eighty two World Series, and wanted to see them win. But from youw to Malitor to Gantner to Ogil, v Cecil, Cooper, Gorman, Thomas, Ted Simmons, you know, Vukevich. And I don't know if you knew this or not, but I was talking to Taekwon Lewis last week. Taekwan Lewis's hometown is Tarboro, North Carolina. Is also the hometown of former right hander Mike Caldwell of the Milwaukee Yes.
Speaker 6: I I did not know that anymore. Is now d L. Hall, who's on the current Brewers.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: That's the other that's the other Colts player connection there. Getting went out and visited their training camp this year and didn't didn't know I was a Bruise fan. So I commented on it. I think I got myself in trouble a little bit, but it works out. He knows I'm a Bruise fan. Now we got it figured out.
Speaker 3: Did you see our guy Yoho go out there and Pitts last night.
Speaker 6: I did, I did. I. I keep waiting They they need to give him a little bit more of a chance. But I get it. Yeah, you get two guys on and in that series, you're gonna have to go to the closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've been pulling for Yoho for a while now. I keep waiting for a chance for him to be on the roster so my kids can go to a game and hold up a word from Fisher's two side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well see it's awesome. Yoho, by the way, is a name synonymous where I'm from in Green County. Green it is. It is Yoho Is. I didn't even know there's a Yoho that I work with from Zinc that I think lives in Plainfield, But I didn't know the yo Ho's got all the way up in Hamilton County like that. And and Craig Yoho is one. I felt bad for him last night because when he faced that last hitter and and walked him the uh, the walk to the mound was not There was a lot of mumbling going on when he was taken out. If you could tell last night, little red face mumbling going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Pat, Pat doesn't, that's not really. You know, the new school manager is uh, you know, very calm and collected and you know, never let his emotions show. But Pat Pat Murphy is not in new school. He's very old school.
Speaker 3: He was not happy at all. And I got to get Craig Yoho on this show at some point. I don't think he's ever been on. But it is a cool as hell story. And obviously, the Brewers beat the Cubs last night, Dodgers beat the Reds last night. That's what's going on in the NL Central. I didn't want to ask you this regarding the Colts to start so much, Joel. The focus has been on the quarterback situation. Uh, there's no no matter if it's Richardson, if it's you know, Daniel Jones. Is there anything significant, either good or bad, that a lot of people are missing out on because there is so much of a laser focus on the quarterback situation and position right now.
Speaker 6: I I kind of would say, I don't. I don't think so because I think the one development that it's early. You don't know if this is a thing or not, but it's just really the receiver who's been the most consistent, who has been really good, so far As, but Alex Pearson, there's been some inconsistency elsewhere. But I think if you're I think if you're paying attention to the quarterback battle and really living and dying on it, you probably know that from reading the stuff we've written from out there, I think that's the only thing. I think everything else has kind of the little bit the way we expected it to. I think that what we've learned is, you know, over the years here is that as much as you want the quarterback to not matter as to have an outside impact on this football team, I think Colts fans might now know that's that's just what's going to happen. So yeah, I kind of think that I kind of get it when it comes to focusing hard on the quarterback position. Although I did tell myself after I've typed up my observations today, I made a note I got to have a little bit more on the other parts of the roster and not just on the quarterback position.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, And it's funny here where we kind of play the hits, and certainly that is the bit that's like the Rick Astley and never going to give you up in nineteen eighty seven, eighty eight right here. Just see you play it absolutely, you know, non stop or the chumbulwumba tub thumping of the nineties, you play it non stop. It's certainly worthy of it. But it's funny. I have a lot of confidence Joel in the pass catchers because I believe there'll be a lot of talent there. But if there has been, you know, a major negative so far, and not just in terms of a d Mitchell, it seems like that from what you guys are talking about, there have been a number and really any numbers too many, A number of drops in the first week of Canadar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it remains me seeing if that's just sort of a rough thing and we won't see it after the first week. You know, it's small sample size, it's practiced. You've got to try to you always put that in there. But there have been drops, you know, Michael Pittman's had some drops, Josh Allinson has had some drops, Tyler Warren has had fewer I think outright drops. I think there have been some contested catch opportunities, but you probably want your tight end to come away with that. He hasn't necessarily come away with I do think the completion percentages of both Richardson and Jones would be higher if they'd been a little more handed. We'll find out as it goes along and as we get into the real stuff and the games, if this is, you know, something to worry about or something not to worry about. You know, I think most fans know. There was the Jamar Chase's rookie year in Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: There was the Jamar Chase is dropping everything in camp and then he went out and had incredible season anyway, so you tend to write some of that stuff off, but then there's other training camp stuff that ends up becoming a thing.
Speaker 6: So it's just hard to know. All you can do is kind of want it and write down what you see and then make note of it for later.
Speaker 3: If you were going to think during the season, is this wide receiving group, and let's go ahead, and I'm a factor in Warren as well, because it is something we'll get into that in just a second what he is doing so far and hopefully that is a translation as a rookie to the regular season as well. But is this pass catching group good enough to raise the game of either one of these quarterbacks significantly? To you?
Speaker 6: That's a great question. I think they've got enough to help a quarterback in terms of in terms of raising their game. I I think that it's it's probably hard for a receiving corps to do that. I think what what we've seen here is that the quarterback ends up affecting the pass catcher more than than the other way around, you know. I think Alex Pierce is maybe the best example. He definitely made strides over the last year, but a big difference for for him, you know, from his first two years to last year was last year he had quarterbacks who were willing to throw it to him down the field, you know, and and some of that stuff is is kind of out of his control. I do think though, that they have you know, they've kind of got every type of target for him. They've got guys who can do a little bit of everything. I think Shane Stiken does a pretty good job of getting those guys open based on what we've seen in the first two years. I think that's all there. I think I think the question I have is do they have the quarterbacks to take advantage of, you know, kind of the skill set. They don't have the they don't have the Jamar Chase. They don't have a guy who can do everything, but they've got a lot of guys who can do a lot of different things. That usually is enough if the quarterback can take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Right side interior or offensive line, which obviously would hard target center and right guard. Any concerns there at all, because I think everybody feels good about Ryman and Nelson and it looks like that you have a rejuvenated and in a great place Braden Smith from what we understood yesterday when he was talking to you guys today or yes, I think it was yesterday, in fact he was talking to you guys, But whatever the case, are there any concerns on the interior that offensive line there? On the right.
Speaker 6: Side, I think the position I'm focused on right now is center. They're not really rotating macenzalve that right guard Munch, which tells me that they're pretty confident in and we'll we'll find out in the regular season that's not really his natural position, but we'll find out in the regular season if day confidence is warranted center. Right now, it has been a very even competition between Tanner, Bordolini and Danny Pinner in terms of staffs. So one guy is getting one day, the other guy is getting the next day. They're not really deviating from that. I think that's the position I'm kind of paying the closest attention to right now and wondering, you know, he's borderlining, maybe not taking the step that they want that kind of thing in terms of you want that pick to develop into the starter. But through the first six days it's been very even between those two.
Speaker 3: What if your eyeballs told you if anything whatsoever. I don't know if it'd be definitive, but at least descriptively. What if your eyeballs told you about Spencer straighter? Because I kind of want to know what is going to work for them? What are they going to trust with him? How trustworthy might they be with him in this training camp in the preseason.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 6: I I think that the the biggest kicks are coming starting with Thursday night, starting with that big practice Thursday night. The special teams coordinator there, Brian Mason, is really really good about this. Cat's laying it all out there for us, and he told us today he gave us all the numbers. He's thirty nine and forty three, and the kicks they've graded through the first seven days or whatever. Trader has been good. Trigo kind of had a rough week last week, and then he bounced back this week and made all his kicks. I think the biggest kicks though, are the ones they're looking at that night practice as a pressure practice. The joint practice is coming up, and then obviously the big kicks in the preseason games is when I think that that we're going to really find out how they feel about Spencer Trader or Matti TriGeo.
Speaker 3: If Trader falters, Joey Erickson of Stars on the Andy Moore out of Monday, if group potline, the show is going to be up there coming up on Thursday. Getting you said for the night gathering at Grant Park in Westfield with the Colts. I brought up Tyler Warren the rookie a little bit earlier, and yeah, I think with good reason. He's been conversationally at a very high level so far and less than a week of camp underway and Westfield. Do you think that they're going to utilize him as much as some would suggest or believe they might, or is this one of these camp stories that once you get into the regular season that kind of Phades a little bit. What do you think, No, I think they're.
Speaker 6: Gonna use I think going back to the uh the offseason, you know, in the spring, back in May and June, I think it feels like they want him to be a big piece of this. And the interesting thing to me is going to be what do we see them do with all of those other skills that he has with other tight ends. Don't you know the shortyardagibility as a quarterback? You know, can you use can you use that as a as a wildcat? But not just as a wildcat? Like, does that make him a better screen player than we've seen from the tight ends?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Can you throw in the shovel? That kind of stuff is interesting to me. They need those run after the catch type of players in the offense, and obviously he's that kind of guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds I mean, that's simply put. I don't know when's the last time, other than Dallas Clark, when there was something and he maybe even goes a couple of more dimensions than Dallas did because it really wasn't necessary to get that stinking tricky back in the day with Dallas Clark. But seems like he is a Swiss army knife type that we have not seen certainly at that position here before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think that the running ability kind of makes him I'm trying to think of another tight end who kind of has that where you can I mean, there's some guys who are good after the catch, but they're more you know, down the field, open field. He's a guy who's comfortable around the line of scrimmage, and I think that that kind of makes him a different There was a play in practice the other day where Richardson threw it behind him on a screen and just stuck his left hand back and just caught it with one hand and kept going in traffic at the line of scrimmage like a running back. That's that's just kind of a different skill set that you see from most tight ends. And it's really interesting to see how they use him. And also, just like with everybody else, how do the quarterback play affect him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no doubt. Well, I think at this point until further notice, I'd like to see this group have the opportunity to raise the game. As I mentioned a little bit earlier of the quarterback position. But you know, in the past, we've seen with Richardson, it's been so far inaccurate where most of the time it hasn't been possible. But then Joel I bring that up, and then it's been very descriptive about how many drops we have seen in almost the first week of camp. So you know, one of these days maybe the planets will align and we'll get the opportunity to see something more legitimate. In this case, hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounded. Non contact caught it off doesn't sound good whatsoever. Anything regarding Jalen Jones you can make us aware of.
Speaker 6: I would just say that as hamstrings go, it it didn't look great, you know, live he really pulled up hard and went to the ground and didn't really didn't really move the karting off. They kind of do that with everybody because their medical facility part is so far away from the practice field here. But I did think that that it looked like it was you know, he felt that grab pretty tightly in his leg, and you know, hamstring injuries can can be nagging. I think everybody knows that, and if they're serious, they can they can last a little bit longer. So I have some some concern on that just based on what we saw a lot of times when a guy pulled a hamstring, you know, they kind of run through it a little bit. He couldn't do that at all. He really pulled up hard on that injury. And that's that's that's that's tough to see for a guy who's you know, really locked into kind of a competition for his spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Juju Brent's hamstring. Obviously, injuries with Juju is something that seems uh somewhat, if not certainly customary with his time with the Colds. What's the word there?
Speaker 6: Uh, that one's interesting. We didn't see. He wasn't out there today. We talked to him yesterday, so you don't know when it happened. We didn't get to see that one. I think anytime there's a hamstring, though, you gotta think, like even even the most minor hamstring, you gotta immediately kind of think a week, uh maybe a little bit longer than that, you know. I know in the NFL sometimes guys played through hamstrings, which I give it up to them, because yeah, you know, usually when you have a hamstring, you never know when it's gonna grab on you and you can't run. But Uh, yeah, this time of year, you figure that's at least a week and that's he's right in there with Justin Waally too, and Wally right now is the only one healthy in that competition.
Speaker 3: It's funny. I don't know. Maybe it's because he's got a little bit of that local lean For me. I just think that if he could piece together some quality availability, he's going to be a guy in a season with lou Anroumo in this defense where everybody's going to be glad and he's going to go. People are going to go, oh wow, this is what you've been waiting on. But it all hinges on any sort of consistent availability.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's looked good when when he's been out there for practice so far, he had an interception in one practice.
Speaker 4: He's made some plays on the ball.
Speaker 8: I think. I think that's kind of how his career's gone too. I think when he's been on the field, we've seen good stuff from him. He just hasn't been able to stay on the field, like you said, and I think if you can get him a run of healthy play, I still think there's something in there. It's just, man, it's gotta be tough every time you feel like you're getting going again to have have your body kind of let you down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Are you a Bucks guy, Joel Milwaukee.
Speaker 8: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 8: That's the one team growing up in Wisconsin that I never really got into. I I decided David Robinson was my favorite player when I was like five.
Speaker 4: I'm a Spurs guy.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes that makes sense. I was gonna I was gonna ask you the old Miles question, but since you're not a Bucks guy, you probably don't give a damn. That's all good, man, all good. But I can go I can go deep on the Brewers. I can go back before you were born. On the Brewers. There were some great eras I. I was always a big rob deer guy. There was. I love the all or nothing dudes of Major League Baseball back in the day. Loved it.
Speaker 8: Did you Did you see what they did last week with their alumni event?
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 8: So they had the twenty five years of I think of it as Miller Park, but they call it American Family Field now, and they brought back a player from every year ostensibly or whatever. But then they took ten guys recently retired guys and had a home run derby. So Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, Corey Hart, all these guys from the recent teams came back and did like an impromptu home run derby. It was awesome. It was like it looked like the coolest thing, Like what a great I like every franchise should copy that if they have their guys within the right age range, you know, get a chance to see these guys that like. You know that the Fielder and Braun, those guys are the ones that ended the playoffs drout in two thousand and eight. They brought them all back packed house on a Friday against the Marlins and watched those guys hit. And the other thing that I didn't know what they were going to be able to hit, you know, not playing baseball for a while. Just about every one of them hit them like actual legitimate homers. Really cool event, like the kind of thing that more Major League teams should do.
Speaker 3: And I love that stuff too. I agree. I absolutely there was nothing even going way back to when I was, you know, growing up, you had the old timers play, and you know, some of those guys out there could still swing it. It was pretty fun to watch some couldn't, but some could. I mean if the Reds.
Speaker 8: If the red said Joey Vono is going to get batting practice after.
Speaker 3: A game, yes, every Red fan mcgokus, everybody well, and oftentimes it would be more interesting than what the product would be on the field. So yes, Like like last night, I could see that, I could see that come. I was telling Greg Ragshaw this. I said, you know, last night I kind of junked the Reds because I had lace McAllister on and talked up that serious starter with the Dodgers, and he said, well, the Dodgers are pretty good, but the Reds are very well known as being habitual bedcrappers. That's exactly what they are. So when there's an opportunity to craft the bed, they're probably going to take advantage of it. That's kind of what it looked like at times. Dodgers are good, but that's what at times looked like last night, first and Joel on Fox fifty nine, when are we going to see you again?
Speaker 8: It will be I have I believe I have segments taping on Thursday, or maybe not, maybe not taping. I might be live on Thursday from out there right around the time you'll be getting done with your show, I.
Speaker 3: Believe awesome, and then on Sunday first and Joel and then me shirtless with John. So I'll be honest, great Joel, I appreciate it. We'll see it Thursday. Okay, we'll see on Thursday Joel a Ericson of The Star and Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline. I shall take a break, but I will talk with you on the other side if you feel inclined, that'd be great. If not cool, I'll get a ton of yip yap about the Triple A Membership Lounge via YouTube live. Just because your summertime and the kids are going back to school is ending. Become a Triple A member. If you haven't already listen fall break, let's just say it is going to be just around the corner. You're going to go directly to back to school. Pumpkin spice latte to fall break in like that promise Triple A membership. Like James James's truck cramped out right there in the middle of I seventy four goes, Hey, I'm done, what James do? Triple A Triple A dot Com. Become a member today and by the way to ruof Uh Symphony on the Prairie the Indians. Great deals and perks you get by being a triple A member in all three of those venues. Let me take a break. We'll come back. We got a lot more for you. Do not go anywhere. Kyle Neddin Rip's got some stuff for us. Top of the five o'clock Coward, ninety three to five, one oh seven five Fan, the Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: It's called sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. It's quite pungent. Stings the nostrils ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 3: All Right, an official weather announcement. Ninety five degrees everybody today, So this would make this day? What's the date? It's the twenty ninth, the twenty ninth of July, the hottest day of the year so far, ninety five. So if it's ninety five degrees officially, you know, oftentimes you know, people you know have their their own weather systems, their own readings. What does it say where you are? I've always said this. I went two years to Vincent's University, so did James and Vincent's and Evansville. For whatever reason, I'm sure that there is something geographically as to the reason why. But Vincen's and Evansville and southwestern and Indiana is always like five degrees hotter than everyplace else. And Vince Sand's is kind of liking a bowl, the bowl of the wall, bash that bowel bowl ninety five degrees. So I wonder that Vince Sand's gotta be like ninety eight. Evansville is probably what ninety nine gritty? What's Evansville right now? One hundred and one ninety five degrees the hottest day of the year so far in Indianapolis ninety five Now that's still see speaking of ninety five, remember when a ninety five mile an hour fast ball was fast considered. Wow, that's fast. He throws hunk ninety five miles an hour. Now nobody's eyes. Pop it to you guy, you go a buck two or something like that. Ninety five degrees, James, look up the official temp right now in Evansville, Indiana. What's it say? It's gotta be ninety eight down there, gotta be and Vincen's too. Check out Vincen's.
Speaker 9: In Evansville. It's actually only ninety three.
Speaker 3: Ohh they have cloud covered down there. In Vanderburgh County. I'm guessing that's what that doesn't follow along with my theory. That debunks my theory altogether.
Speaker 4: That sucks.
Speaker 9: And Vincen's is ninety two ninety two. What I wonder though, if it might be more humid or anything down there.
Speaker 3: Gritty says this live from Evansville, Indiana. This is the heart of Vanderburgh County. Is Gritty feels like one oh five? It's ninety three from what Gritty says, feels like one o five overnight low seventy three. Did you ever think that Vincen's was just I always thought it was a place in Indiana.
Speaker 9: It was quite hot when I was there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, love me. Some vincends Man.
Speaker 3: Numbers are in for the weekend to IndyCar Laguni Seca seven hundred and thirty four thousand watch Sundays, Java House Grand Pricks in Monterey. The seven thirty four from Laguna Seca, the seventh race and fourteen held so far this year to deliver an average audience between seven hundred k and seven eighty one, Thermal just a little bit over seven, and Road America at seven eighty one. The other seven have delivered to five Long Beach was half a mil Barber was nine fourteen. Yeah, Saint Petersburg Mill, Indie obviously the lead dog in that category over seven mill seven point thirty four for the Grand Pricks of Monterey over the weekend. That on Sunday two three, nine, ten seventy is the number one. Who is back? We go to Brooklyn, New York and Mike, Mike, that was a scary situation in the NFL building that was awful yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, I heard about that.
Speaker 2: Was that was There's a lot of disruption on the subways yesterday too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was actually I was coming home from work, so I didn't hear about n til I got home. Yeah, why I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I heard about it until this morning. But yeah, some some frightening, frightening stuff and loss of life, just terrible, terrible situations, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I think I got a buddy of mine that works now. But I mean I've been in that building, uh on Punk Avenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy went the guy went up with the gun in the wrong He was going to the NFL, but he went up the wrong elevator. Yeah, some awful, awful stuff. What do you got, Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're sharing the pain here with the Asia reference. Uh, because we're baking over here on the Oh.
Speaker 3: Really, what's the what's the temp in the borough of.
Speaker 2: Brooklyn, right, But it's the indexes like in the hundreds, So I don't I don't even want to know, to be honest with you, it's just hot. I don't even want to go outside.
Speaker 3: So like our vision here because we're all country folk here in the Hoosier State. So does Mike and Brooklyn does he go to the corner and pop open the fire plug to cool down what you're doing?
Speaker 2: Not anymore when I was when I was younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I sound like I sound like the Fresh Prance right there with that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think there's still summer because they're not about here. Stays under that condition.
Speaker 3: I know, you want to talk about the college, what you got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm still processing the sad news with your mercy passing. Yeah, you know, definitely the end of an era. And these guys just did a great job, you know, putting at this perspective what a impact he had in the community and listening to everybody from rig Ventore and Peyton and Reggie Wayne and you know boost arians.
Speaker 3: I found myself. I found myself. I mean you just miss it because I mean there's such a significant piece that is now missing. I mean you miss it for that reason. I just I missed. I miss his presence. I always thought, all right, so you know, what are we going to see in social media? You know it's it's going to be something in that in that game in which he normally goes into the booth with a rakestraw and venturi. You know what's going to take place there and how that's going to be an asked. You find yourself certain fishing his presence in in general. And he was a genuine dude, There's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah for me, you know, a Colt fans and seventy five, you know nothing. And you know Jim was older than me, you know, but he was like the guy kind of guy. I was like, this guy is actually the owner and he's actually the GM when he's in his twenties, you know, I was still in a teenager And I do have one Jim Mersey story that I had forgotten about.
Speaker 6: You'll remember this.
Speaker 2: It was the nineteen ninety two season when I was at the Meadowlands. Back then, I was sitting behind the colt's bench and Ted Machibroda benched Jeff George and he threw like a hissy fit, you know, like a kindergarten a kid. He threw his helmet. I was sitting right behind the coat bets. He threw his helmet and he started pouting. He put his jacket on, and he went and stood at the end of the sideline like a kid, not talking to anybody. And at some point and that in that off season when Jim was Jim Mersay was the general manager, I wrote him a letter, like a handwritten letter to I was like, you know, this guy, you know whatever, you know, We're never gonna win with this guy, or something along those lines. And uh. A couple of days later I got a deliver autograph football from the entire team and then and I was like what. Then I was thinking, well.
Speaker 10: Wait a second, how did he how.
Speaker 2: Did he know where to send this? And then I must have remembered, like like I just like readden the handle I must have put, you know, returned to dress on it. Sure, and I just thought it was like the coolest thing is like he actually took the time to like, you know, he sent me like an autograph football from the entire team.
Speaker 3: You know, that's awesome, That is awesome. Yeah, and yeah, you've missed him so far. We've missed him so far. But it's even going to be more profound when the season officially gets underway. It just it will. I mean, that's that's something where you know, regardless of what you do, and I mean he's he was even as you know, you know, one of you know, the the richest dudes in the state of Indiana. The money and the team ownership and all that. You know, he had a lot of the same situations and many of the demons that that we all have.
Speaker 2: Just so and he was and he was a fan. He was a fan at home. I remember that and that I got a kick out of him when they did that. Uh was that thing. And he's got his he's got his lucky hats, and he's got his rituals watching the game.
Speaker 3: And the last dext message his last post was go Pacers and you know, good luck to I mean, it's just uh yeah, it's it's tough, and it'll be there'll be moments, there'll be more moments than not when you're gonna go, wow, you know these are some things that that you miss h I have missed you as well. Mike in Brooklyn, New York. You're gonna start calling again right since the football season is back.
Speaker 6: I will be I will be on board.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 2: I never uh, I've never gone into uh a cult and not thinking that they were going to win the Super Bowl. So I got you know, that's.
Speaker 3: What fans do, man, It's what fans do. Completely understandable, Mike. We'll do it again soon, okay. Mike in Brooklyn, New York. Eddie White just text me, by the way and said his car says one O three. Now. I don't know if that means he's actually listening to one O three three? What is that now? Used to be X one O three Now it's like Walt or it really stakes. I don't know what it is now. Remember when it used to be really good? X one O three? You guys all, remember when it used to be really good? That's what you're saying about me. You remember when he used to be really good? Actually you never said that. Why is this guy sucked for twenty five years? Is normally what you say? So Kyle Needdneb's going to join us coming up at the top of the hour. I got to thinking about this before I even I saw this news story. What what's the nicest high school football stadium? What's the best And I'm not just talking about with history, but what is the best high school football stadium in the state of Indiana. I don't know if anybody have seen the Georgia High School football stadium. That's just cracking open. But that's ridiculous right there. That story more Kyle coming up at the top of the hour. We're not too far away from the start of the high school football season. Kyle will give us a little bit of insight on what to expect, he joins us coming up at five. Don't go anywhere the stream of the app it's AHD Radio the Triple A Membership Lounge via YouTube live nainety three to five, one o seven.
Speaker 5: The ride with JMV. We're not gonna fall for a banana and the tailpipe. You're not gonna fall for the banana and the tailpipe. This should be more matrue, brother, should flow out like this. Look, man, I followf a no banana my tailpipe.
Speaker 7: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan, No the Lake Glenn Fry because it's ninety five in Indy. In all streets with holes, we call them potholes.
Speaker 3: Or a great deal of road cone. So I mentioned this and Gritty in Evansville, and listen, I love grit. I love the Rise Bowl, not the Rice Bowl, the Right's Bowl. I know you have a Rise Bull. What Evansville Rights High School? The Rights bowl sits up on a hill overlooking the Ohio kind of right at a bend on the It's awesome, great atmosphere. Love the Rights Bowl. But I asked the question a little bit earlier. What is I guess I probably should have added, what is the nicest, most expensive of the high school football stadiums in the state of Indiana. This is something if I remember, I'll ask Kyle Neednrip coming up at the top of the hour. And the reason why I brought this up is because I saw this. This was according to the sports and business Joe pomp Planano. Let me go ahead and butcher that name for everybody. Hey, he's only got six hundred and two thousand followers, so he's relatively important. So Joe with a last name, I Butcher had set this out. Buford High School in Georgia has officially opened its new get this sixty two million dollar football stadium. I'm gonna tell you what, not even Race Kilman's paying for that sixty two million dollar football stadium. Ten k in seats, James fifteen luxury suites by the way, Look up Buford High School a Georgia. Where is that located? I'm assuming around Atlanta? Maybe wrong. A thirty five thousand square foot video scoreboard, two story fieldhouse with locker rooms. Sixty two million. When you see this is absurd. I went to Eastern Green. We didn't even have football when I went to Eastern Green. Incredible, this place is what do what ticket prices are? What are sweet prices? Ten thousand seats, sixty two million dollars football steadiu? I mean it reminds me to ask Kyle neddrip this at the top of the It's pretty damn interesting right there. Not know what people would suggest would be the nicest one around here. Hey give me Nick before the top of the hour, would you, James, please Nick join the show? How are you, sir?
Speaker 12: Johnny never better?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Nick? I'm fantastic, good By.
Speaker 12: The way, football is not really our gig here, but Newcastle has quite an arena for basketball.
Speaker 3: Sixty sixty two million dollars, buddy, I know, I know sixty two.
Speaker 12: I was calling in for a different reason, which was you had told a story about bush Light.
Speaker 5: Putting Heineken cap on the keg.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well look, I I grew up here, but went to school out in the East Coast, and so we would get Milwaukee's best as our kegs. Yes, and we were not so high and mighty as to get a Heineken tag to put the cap on. But ours was Rolling Rock.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that's all. That's a very That's a very pretentious green bottled beer, too, is it not. I mean I have a Rolling Rocks as pretentious a beer as Heineken. Is it not just from this country? Yeah, I mean from you know the what is from old Latrobe? Rolling Rock? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I know.
Speaker 3: Our friend, by the way, a Pennsylvania, our friend Eddie White, a Pennsylvania is going to be very offended by this conversation, by the way, but it is a very pretentious beer.
Speaker 5: It is very douchey.
Speaker 12: So yes, I've got I've got a follow up story to that. There is a locale that I.
Speaker 6: Went to.
Speaker 12: In the nor Well side of Indianapolis that is named after the street it's on, and it's a pub and it's eighty sixth Street. Yeah, and so you can do the math on that. And they had in the evening where they said domestic bottles were two dollars. And I had a friend go up to who's from Buffalo, not from Minneapolis, who went up to the bar and ordered a rolling rock and they said that'll be three point fifty. And he said, well, wait, domestic bottles are two dollars, and they said that's an import.
Speaker 3: Hey to put a cap on it. By the way, the eighty six Street pub no longer is in existence, is it.
Speaker 12: I well, look, I haven't been there.
Speaker 3: And I found a shirt. I found a shirt of that, am And thank you Nick for the call. I appreciate that I found a shirt of that in my closet I had. And this is douche tacula right here. I had a douchey acquaintance that would hold an empty, an empty rolling rock bottle at the bar because he didn't want to buy another one. He didn't want to drink another one. And he thought he looked cool. That's a true story, true story about Ola Trobe. Quick break back with you next.
Speaker 7: The Ride with JMV just an average guy with exceptional hair ninety three to five and one oh seven five The fan.
Speaker 3: Greg rag Straw. A little bit earlier we did Jolie Erickson of the Star won't be at Colts Camp for the night practice coming up on Thursday. I have no idea who we're talking to, but I'm sure it's going to be somebody incredibly exciting. Who would you guess? James over there? What are we playing right here? Is this stuff that you're just picking? Oh? This is Yourpotify right there?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 9: Don't recognize?
Speaker 3: Hold on a second. This is early seventies. Duh. Smoke on the water, Smoke on the water, deep purple. Golly, it's not about that, dude, that's embarrassing. Is that your Spotify?
Speaker 9: I mean it's my Spotify account. It's some random person's playlist.
Speaker 3: So is your premium Spotify account? Do do the non premiums play commercials?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Not a commom of that non premium will play commercial will suck?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well imagine me, because I don't know if anybody around here knows that on my All Request Saturday Night JAMV takeovers these my Spotify is used. I don't know if they want me to, but I don't care.
Speaker 9: You'll play yours is just the regular Spotify?
Speaker 3: No, I will. It's it's got to be premium because I get.
Speaker 9: I get what you're saying now, So yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Do it because I there. Let's just face it. If I'm going to do an All Requests Saturday night, I can't jack around with their catalog because there's not enough in it. And there's nothing against them because you know, all these nerds have told them in the past, well, you got to keep this playlist tight.
Speaker 5: Gotta keep it tight, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: If I'm not mistaken to the the just the regular subscription. I'm not even sure you can pick the songs you can like pick. I would like to hear this shuffle them.
Speaker 3: I think that would suck. I don't want that. It's not great, So yeah, we go with the premium. I got a little play Have you checked my playlists out on there before?
Speaker 9: I have not, No, buddy.
Speaker 3: Those are a couple of JMV Kick Cass Backyard Bourbon Broadcast playlists.
Speaker 9: In there, just got them all ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I really took some of the old names we used to make. You know, I'd take a TDK or a Maxel tape and make a mixtape right back in the day, the jmv's kick Ass mixtape. I'd ride on the side of it.
Speaker 9: You have any of those kicking around anywhere.
Speaker 3: Here's what I have and this is embarrassing. And I found him the other day. I have a bunch of old Vin sins and then B ninety seven audition tapes where you you think I sound bad? Now, Holy crap.
Speaker 9: We gotta like find a way to scan those and digitize ods.
Speaker 3: We can have them so bad. I have a Southern draw and a lisp. It is so bad. Somebody out there say, well, you're really bad right now, and you're right, but you have no idea what bad sounds like until you hear that.
Speaker 9: I would pay good money to hear these taps.
Speaker 3: It is so bad, so bad, I cannot believe anybody goes, yeah, I think we should hire this guy. Not good vincents some Indiana state ones in there. B ninety seven. I got some commercials for B ninety seven in Bloomington.
Speaker 9: So I've got some hard drives of me doing sports casts and stuff where I'm in a suit and ton But who.
Speaker 3: Bad bad I'll tell you what's good. The covered high school athletics is done at the most elite level with Kyle Netting rip of the Star who joins us now and Andy Moore out of Motive Group hotline. So are you ready? Are you in uh football operational mode right now? Or are you still taking that time off to get going?
Speaker 4: Well? I was hoping to hear some smoke on the water from Deep Purple now that you know you brought that The Eastern greenplay that still?
Speaker 3: You know what we ran out to? Seriously, the band played Peter Gunn. When we ran out, we ran out of the locker room and we ran through one of those uh those paper hoops that had like stuff hunting on it, like you know, beat the hell out of the Cardinals, Bloomfield or whatever. We ran through one of those paper hoops to Peter Gunn. Hey play Peter gun really quick. What did you run out to, Kyle?
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: They played I remember them playing the Jay Giles band centerfold that the band would play that awesome?
Speaker 3: Should have played that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they we actually ran out to Thunderstruck.
Speaker 3: Oh see, there you go. Here's what we ran out to. Right here.
Speaker 9: Who is Peter Gunnby Because of multiple options play I've got Blues brothers play.
Speaker 3: The Art of Noise. Yeah, I think that's what we ran out to from nineteen eighty seven. This is what we ran out to. I have no idea why to this day. I better stroke the three when we ran out to this because there's no excitement being built with this is their Kyle No.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess it gets you in sort of a melodic states or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Art of Noise, I think. I think what happened is I think our band learned one song that year and that was it.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm always in any band who who does it in person, I'm all for it. I mean, I love it when the high school basketball starts and the band is there, I'll give them credit for just doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, here's what I bring this up all the time. Like we talked about how high school athletics have changed, but when you look at at bands and choirs, the level Like I went to a choir concert that my daughter was a part of. At the end of this last year at Center Grove. I'm absolutely floored. It looked to me like it was better than a Vegas show or a Broadway show. I was absolutely floored. And you know, when I was in high school or in junior high when you'd go to a choir Christmas concert and be a bunch of rooms standing up on stage singing let it snow or something. But this was incredible. And nobody makes a mistake, and you've got all these moving parts. So we talk all the time, and rightly. So it's a sports show about how you know, things are you know, more athletic and you know, more high level now in athletics than they were back then. But man, this other stuff, the band and the choir stuff is incredible to me.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right. And I and I you know, and and the kids who are in those you acchoir band, uh, you know, the arts, you know, they're they're doing it for you know, they don't they don't get the support necessarily like the athletes do. But man, I've been around some really awesome experiences, you know, just covering high school sports and getting to see the singers and the you know, the the bands and stuff like that. It. Really it adds so much to the experience. It's hard to put into words how different the experiences when the band is there and they're they're doing stuff like that to spice everything. But it's it's you know, I love that part of it. And high school football starts here in a month or so. That's to me, that's part of the fun of it. Is like, man, you know, every it's it's ball, especially at the start of school. Everybody's excited and it's almost like a whole community experience, and that that is a part of it too that sometimes we overlook. But you're absolutely right. It's it's getting a lot, you know, it's it's it's crazy how much time those kids put into it, and it's awesome to see when they do get recognized.
Speaker 3: I saw a first hand within and these these choir folks work every bit as hard as these athletes do. Serious absolutely, I mean, they put in just as much time, if not more than the the athletes, and it's crazy. This is Kyle Netwerp of the Stars on the Andy Morrill Automotive Group hotline. I know you and others at the start I have been a part of, you know, going to these these older gyms and and celebrating that, and these all all been great pieces. What I was thinking about today because I saw a story online a little bit earlier there's a high school in Georgia, Kyle that just built, just opened, in fact, a football stadium that costs sixty two million dollars with ten thousand seats, fifteen luxuyes, thirty five hundred square foot video scoreboard, two story field house with locker rooms. Buford High School in Georgia is the location against sixty two million dollars. So it got me thinking, what's the nicest, most expensive I guess you would say high school football stadium in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Well, the way it seems like, the way that they've been built, it's been more of like additions. You know, we've seen you know, stadiums at already in place, and said, I only think.
Speaker 3: Gray Skillman's putting sixty two MILLI into one of these stadiums here, is he?
Speaker 4: No? No, I don't think. And it's been kind of a piecemeal type thing, you know, the improvements that have been done to places like Center Grove and you know, all of really if you drive around the four sixty five and look, you know an outside for sixty five all of the six A football facilities. Carmel's got one going now, Brownsburg has redone theirs completely. It's it's really really nice. You know, Avon's doing a lot of stuff. You know, so all those suburban schools in the township schools have put a lot of money into not only football, but you know, facilities in general here in the last you know, five years or so, so you're seeing a lot of upgrades happening, and you know, it's it's kind of the keeping up with the Joneses thing anymore, you know, to you know, it's sort of the you know, the view of your school sometimes is based on right or wrong. It's it's what you're doing with your athletic programs and the part of that facilities and namely a lot of times the football stadium. So you're seeing a lot of upgrades here in the last few years, for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about that. But sixty two million dollars is rather incredible. You mentioned the start of the high school football season about a month away, as many schools in bark later on this week to back to school. Is it same old situation in each class right now or do we have some newcomers to the high level game going into twenty twenty five here, Well, you.
Speaker 4: Have there are some changes this year with you know this. You know, Decatur Central actually is moving. They won five A last year and they're bumping up to six A with the success factor that Ice Stay has in place, So that'll be that'll be a little bit different, uh than than what we've seen in the past. This is their first time playing six A football, so you know, I think they they definitely have the talent to compete at that level. You know, a lot of a lot of their skill position talent is back, including Kashmir Hicks, Who's who's going to IU to play receiver, you know, and they're replacing Cathedral basically in that sectional. Cathedral is bumping back down to five A. So you know, that's a little bit of a change that we'll see. And you know Decatur will get a chance early in the season. You know, they play Avon and Newpal. I can't remember the order of that game those games, but they'll play those two teams early that will give them a good sense of maybe how good they are. But also Newpal's bumping up from four A to five A and UH Heritage Hills to which won three A last year, is going to So there are some significant changes from the defending champions of last year. So you know that'll add a little bit of a difference. And it's not a it's not a reclass year either, but you know, now that they're doing these uh success factors annually, you'll see some changes every year by the success factors, So you know that has changed some some you know, some of the landscape of it a bit. But I think six A is going to be great. It always is. You know, Brownsburg won it last year, but you know there's several teams you know that that will have a good chance kind of like every year in six A and you know, as we know, it's so hard to repeat in that class. So you know, I expect that will be a really competitive, you know class like it is every year, especially around the Indianapolis area.
Speaker 3: Individual talent. Yeah, I know we're not into it just yet, but expectations compared to for example, what we saw a year ago, who may stand out? Who are we watching for here in am months or so from now to.
Speaker 4: Start, I would see I wrote a little bit about the kind of the mister football favorites going into the season, and you know from a you know, from a standpoint of you know, the people who can win it. It's normally a skill position player, obviously, the the quarterbacks, receivers, running backs. Who are you know, kind of the top of that list. And I would say, you know, early on, Jet Goldsberry comes to mind from Heritage Hills. He's a quarterback, but we'll we'll be more of an athlete at Ole Miss where he's headed, probably a secondary player for them, but he's going to put up good numbers. He's already got a state title under his belt. Casmir Hicks so I mentioned from Decatur also in that boat of he's already won a state title going to IU, which I think will help his case. And he's a receiver. He's going to put up numbers at that spot. And then another guy, I'll give you a third name, or maybe four, but I would say Deacon King from from Westfield, a two way player. He's going than Illinois, but he plays running back in safety, so I think he's a name to watch potentially. And then JJ Finch also for more in Central he's a defensive player, which that's pretty rare that a defensive player would be in the mix for mister Football. But you know, he's his numbers are incredible and he's going to Alabama, so he's obviously very talented. So but yeah, he's gonna put up big numbers on defense. Probably you know, might not be enough to get him over the hunt for the big award, but you know, definitely a guy who should be named in that mix for sure.
Speaker 3: It is amazing to see him. I mentioned this years ago and it's it's only gotten better. Just you know what you see with the the high level team wise, it's one thing and you brought up all these teams and with a success factor, some moving up, maybe one like Cathedral moving down. But individually speaking, the talent's never been better around here in football. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 4: No, the depth, the depth is just really good. I mentioned six A, you know, but it's every class. You know, there's there's just a lot of talent in every class, and it's it's competitive, it's uh, you know, there's there's people who definitely you know, would like to see the tournament seeded maybe to get that, you know, to make that a little bit more interesting maybe, But from at any rate. It's it's always competitive in the tournament, uh six A around here, especially the big schools are you know, kind of knocking heads every year, and you do end up seeing a lot of some of the same names at the end of the year. But you've seen also schools like you know, Westfield breakthrough in these last few years and become one of those major players in six A. And you know they've they've gone head to head with with some really good teams. You know, we saw Brownsburg for the first time in six A win it last year. You know, they finally get over the hump and made a tournament run, you know. So you see you have some other teams competing with the Center Grows, the Warrens, the Ben Davises of the world, who are also very good every year. But I think that adds a little bit to it too, when you get some new blood in there and see some different teams get to the finals and eventually win it all.
Speaker 3: Right, So last year Mark zachary I won Mister Football last year, right, and he played dual role both offensive defense. Has there ever been just a singular defensive player to win that award?
Speaker 4: No, you know, not really I mean Zachary, You're right, I mean he was a defensive player.
Speaker 3: I think Drake Bowen did the same thing, right. There have been a number of guys, because you have that level of talent, that have played both sides. Jason Warner comes to mind. I think Jason wanted a wide receiver and safety at Ron Colly two years ago. So some guys come to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, those are good names to mention because all those guys were defensive guys. But also, you know, you'd be stupid not to play Mark Zachary on offense or Jason Warner on offense, so that you know those guys played offense. They put up numbers, big numbers on offense. Drake Bowen was a running back as well as linebacker who was exceptional. That was fun to watch him play high school football. But yeah, most of those guys, you know, if you're gonna if you're a mister football type a fleet, you're probably going to play some offense too. So it hasn't really been a case where you know, and JJ Finch would be you know, he's one who you know, he basically all he's a defensive end, so he's not playing much offense or any offense, but so he would be in that boat of a defense only guy. But yeah, most of the time the guys who play you know, defense who want it, are also playing offense for their high school teams.
Speaker 3: At least he's Colin Nett and Rip of the Star. He's on the Andymore Automotive Group hotline. Curious as far as the end of the high school schedule was basically back in June with baseball and that conclusion, So what have been what's been the major story? Maybe the major storyline is we have entered no high school athletics and then restart this thing coming up in a month or so, actually earlier than that, considering I'm sure volleyball and other sports are going to start prior to right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll have some other golf and whatnot getting going here. But but yeah, I mean kind of the the big thing's been the transfer rule. I would say, you know, that went into effect on June first, you know, so a lot of questions about that. A lot of you know, kids who have moved, you know kids who moved, and that's normal, you know, I tell people too, it's it's that's not that unusual. We always have transfers. But now it's just going to be you know, it's gonna be a little different, I would say, And you get a mixed opinions on whether it's good or bad, like a lot of things in this world. But uh, that's probably been the biggest thing as far as like just changes in high school athletics from a standpoint of just you know, the landscape of it all. But uh, and you know it'll be I think, and we won't even know for sure, probably for you know, a couple of years, you know, how this Paul plays out. I think there's going to be good and bad to it. I asked a lot for an upcoming story some of the kids about it, and you know, there's mixed opinions from kids who some say it's good, some say, you know, I would never transfer, and and but I'm you know, they they think it's good for kids maybe who may not have an opportunity at their school to play, to maybe go to a smaller school or a different school to have that chance. So uh, but yeah, I think that's a that's a pretty significant change that was made. And you know it's still night, says hands to make decisions on you know, the transfer rule and to be able to kind of meet out the decisions. So you know, it's not in the hands of the legislature, so it's i'd say, still making those decisions. But but some of the rule changes have you know, maybe made things a little bit more black and white than they used to be, which I think can be a good thing moving forward. But yeah, we'll see how that plays out. But I think that's probably the biggest thing going on from a just an overall high school sports standpoint. A lot of conference changes and things like that. But but but but I would say the transfer things is probably number one right now.
Speaker 3: I know, I thought for sure you're going to say, you can't believe that Josh Thompson went from bar Reeve to Lagodi as they had basketball coach. You've got to be a little bit insane to do that, don't you not, Because it's a bad gig. But yeah, yeah, good luck in that area going from one to the other. Josh, come on, who's a good dude, by the way, really good dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah he is. I ran to him at the Charlie Hughes. But yeah, that was interesting, interesting move down in that part of the state. So but yeah, but yeah, that'll be. There were a lot of coaching changes too this year there and Corey Taylor. Just today, I've hired at Avon, who was interim coach at BD a couple of years ago. But I think that almost closes the cycle here in Central Indiana anyway, Unless I'm missing somebody, I probably am, But I think we're pretty much said. As far as basketball coaching changes being.
Speaker 3: You mentioned you know where because you're obviously from there, Brownsburg, and you know how consistent they are across the board athletically. We know about Ben Davis. Where's Avon in that category right now? As they hire the new basketball coach across the board? As far as consistent, high level winning in athletics out.
Speaker 4: There, Avon's on the rise. I would say football, basketball, a lot of sports that a lot of sports have been good at. Maybe they don't maybe get the headlines of football and basketball, but I would say both sports. You know, Drew Shaus was just there for four years and I thought did a really good job. They were a twenty win team last year, you know, two years ago won a sectional and then last year, you know, in a very competitive sectional with with Brownsburg, Ben Davis Pike in Plainfield, which that's going to be a dynamite sectional this coming year. But I would say, you know, they're definitely on the rise. I think Corey's gonna do a good job there. He's you know, had that experience two years ago as the as the interim coach, so I think, you know, highly of him and and the job he'll do there. And then the football team, you know, they were you know Rob Gibson who coached Owen Valley before he got the Avon job and kind of got that program really jump started. But he's come in and done a good job for that football team. But you know, again they're it's tough with you know, when you're in the HCC, you know you're playing these these tough teams a weekend, week out. Their quarterback I hurt early in the season last year, so they only finished three and seven, but it was an improvement from where they were the previous year. And you know, I think they're you know, they're definitely a team that I think could get over the hump this year and be a be a winning team. Uh, if they can stay healthy and those sorts of things. But you know, their facilities again much better than they were. Their weight room is is stop notch, and you know, I think they're on the rise in a lot of different sports.
Speaker 3: Well I bring that up because you talk about in closing here Hendricks County or Western Marion County. You get Ben Davis, you get playing field. You know, Moresville gets talked about. I mentioned Brownsburg and even further west. You go all the way to Danville and everybody gets talked about, you know, high level wise, but oftentimes in the middle of that conversation you don't hear a great deal about Avon And kind of wonder if the tide we'll turn it a little bit now for the.
Speaker 4: Orioles, definitely, And you know Mark Buss, you know when he was coached there, they were you know, they were really good for a while. You know, they were they were always competing with you know, they were beating Ben Davis. Was kind of back and forth they beat them or or you know, they'd get be buying, but they were in the mix anyway. And then I think it was twenty fifteen, you know, they went down to Center Grove and you know, played a classic. It was one of the best games I've ever seen in the semi State against Center Grove and Center Grove beat him. It was here when they had Brandon Peters at quarterback and they were just really really good and lost by a point in double overtime. That team could have definitely won State, you know, if they would have won that game, but that was you know, So what I'm saying is basically, sometimes you miss those chances. You know how much that may have changed, I don't know, you know, the future of the programmer. They were good for a few years after that under Mark Blest, but then they kind of fell off and they're trying to build back to that. So you know, they're a team that has talent. It's just a matter of, you know, kind of getting things going in the right direction. Football. That's hard sometimes because you're you know, it's you're against teams that are established in your neighborhood. So but I do think they're a team that definitely has a chance this year to you probably want to keep your eye on what they do and be curious about how their season transpires.
Speaker 3: He is Kyle Neddon rip of The Star. We're slowly but surely kick starting again. The twenty five twenty six high school Athletics schedule. He's with us on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pile line. Good update. We'll do it again very soon because, as you mentioned, about a month away from the start of the football season. Man, I always appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Hey, no problem, John, anytime, and you have a good one. We'll we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Kyle Nedding rip on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pile line. Nobody is better. He is outstanding, no doubt about that. I just saw. Oh okay, forget that. Yeah, you know, Jason, I should have brought up my bad and where Sergie is Sorge's kid at try West? We got James with.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Thees. I think Sorgie's kids a quarterback at try West. I know I'd bring up like Western Marion and Hendrix County and let you know, Jason, that's terrible, bad host. Quickly we'll come back. Hey, we're me and and you and the rest of the way. You guys go with that to three nine ten seventy tomorrow's show. Charles Arbuckle, I'm gonna have somebody for the Colts. I just have no idea what's going to be yet, and then I'll be out in Westfield's coming up on Thursday to see all of you, just in time for the night gathering that's Thursday in Westfield, all of us together with ninety three five one oh seven five the Fan, the ride with JMV.
Speaker 14: The only time I have my radio on is in my car and the only thing I listened to is JMB.
Speaker 7: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan. Oh, the legend reporter right there. Yeah, I mentioned tomorrow Charles R. Buckle Well, the Colts conversation with Charles coming up at the five o'clock hour tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Somebody from the Colts. I just don't know who's going to be yet. And then Thursday, Thursday on the road in Westfield. It does kind of stink because we're not out at any bars or restaurants this week, but in the not so distant future we are going to be out and be out all the time. I will say this, I think I have done and will have done once the calendar year changes. I think I will have done more remotes than I've ever done in one year, and probably because of the Pacer Run, because we were out so much. Now, there was a time years ago when I did some Mondays. If you remember, there was always like a blue Monday. It was a time I went to the O Charlie's locations where I think there's like two still there was a time we went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Mondays for like a Blue Monday, and there was a lot, but that I don't think that included the Thursdays that was prior to the start of Thursdays with Brett Holverson in the large and the Bourbon locks and Lunazul tequila shots. But so many on site and those are the absolute best because I get to hang out with you guys and have a hell of a time, but so many because of the significant pacers run and taking the NBA seas into the distance. It has been one hell of a time. So I guess a little bit of a week off. This may be the second week that I haven't been out at a bar or restaurant. Hell, I don't know, going all the way back to I don't know, between the cold season probably and Mark's madness. Maybe there was a time in February, but not very many. Hell of a year so far, everybody and you guys have been such a huge part of it. T Shaw writes this JMV. Was this the time of year you would go to the Bloomington Sears and get your tough skins for the upcoming school year? In fact, I would tough skins and t shaw. There would always be a great deal of sadness, and not because it's time to go back to school. There was sadness there, but not as significant as having to shop in the husky category for tough skins. Husky, you know what husky meant, James.
Speaker 9: I'm assuming it's a beefier, bigger man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, husky mint. You gotta get the fat jeans, buddy here here in the fat gen section. I know. Hey, listen T show, everybody's everybody else is getting all there. You know how hard it was to squeeze my big ass back in the day into something from Chess King.
Speaker 9: Do you still have all your clothes from before you lost started losing weight? I do sounds like one of those things where we needed to do a emotional photo shoot for it.
Speaker 3: Fir See, Like I talk about it all the time and people think I do these videos where I'm you know, kind of you know, shirtless or I'm not sure I am shirtless, but you know, not I do these videos. I do the videos to promote the shows. I do the on air stuff to promote obviously and give testimonials for the product, which has worked dramatically for me. But yeah, I don't take photographs of myself and I haven't done that. I haven't done one before and after yet.
Speaker 9: Is there a specific reason.
Speaker 3: There was one? Because we haven't brought this up other than once the passing of Ryan Samberg. Ryan Samberg did an appearance with the Indians at Victory Field. This is probably six seven years ago, and Tony Donnie and I went down on the field with him. Have you seen that picture? Look up that picture. Tony Donahue has it on his ex account. That was me like six or seven years ago. And that that would be a significant before and after what it not?
Speaker 9: That is a big difference right there.
Speaker 3: Because that that dude right there's a big old go wait a minute, I still have that shirt, that shirt. I'd swim in that shirt now. Obviously it was yeah, look at that thing though, Send that bad boy out right there. Nah. But yeah, to answer your question, Yeah, getting the husky section of of sears and tough skids was a ride of passage for me. Back in the day. That's a true story right there. Sears was the place though, because you can go get everything, the angle of the toys. They had a nice toy selection at Sears if they had records at one point in time too. Yeah JMB. The pain and stigma of the husky childhood is real night I always say too. With this boy loss one's seventy four probably right now is where I am.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: That's why I weighed when I was fifteen, But now it's it's funny to look at that picture with the late Ryan Samberg and Tony Donahue from about six or seven years ago. I think it was Yeah, Skivy says, Chess King all those places. It was tough on me, Chess King, Merry go round because back then, I mean it was all slim fit and me trying to squeeze at times into a pair of parachute pads. It something now quick break will come back. If you're on hold, I'll get to you. If you guys want to hear more horror stories of me growing up, I have many for you right here. And you talk about making whatever significant negative moments you went through growing up sound better. I'm your man. I've got you covered. My horse stories are the absolute best or the worst, however you may judge him. Quick Break Will Come Back fifty embedding fifty in dining the Herrozootia Park Race of the Day. Do you have your horse? Of course, here's your chance to win. It's the Harrows Hoosia Park Race of the Day.
Speaker 7: The Ride with JMV Y might be music ninety three five and one oh seven five.
Speaker 3: Fan Harris hoo'shr Park Race of the Day Brandon Reef. I know Brandon a great deal. It's got a podcast, Crossroad Sports. I believe the podcast. Brandon is a good dude. Dashing Danny paid six forty on a two dollars bet. The two dollars exact. It was forty three to twenty fifty cent trifecta one sixty three thirty five.
Speaker 5: Brandon Reef the winner.
Speaker 3: That is the Harrows Hoosia Park Race of the Day fifteen betting fifteen Dining and racing now through November at Harrows Hoosier Park, Racing and Casino and Anderson. I have not been there in a while to do a live show, so ay, let's get going. I have not been there. I think it was the last time we were at Harrizoushia Park Tony Rins. When are we going? Brother? Ben in Greenwood writes this, if I lost that much weight, JAMV, you couldn't get me to put his shirt on. Why are you swimming in his shirt?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was swimming in the shirt that I used, like meaning the shirt that I used to wear is way too big for me. No, Ben, what you say is accurate. I rarely, if ever wear a shirt now I am. I am very shirtless and I don't care now. I also went very shirtless when I was much more weighty. JMV. I just looked at that picture with you in the late Ryan Sandberg. Holy cray, Yeah, holy crap. Indeed, big big dude. And what's funny you never know once you get on that in body and what that does at premier weight loss is it does everything from your weight to your body fat percentage to something called visceral fat, of which I didn't even know what the hell that was. That's bad too, that's fat between your organs. That's heavy duty. And really what got me into it was the fact my blood pressure was absurd. I used to joke about it, and as sure as hell wasn't funny. So no Premier weight loss. Matt Thomas and everybody up there, the professionals have done a great job with me, and more to go to try to maintain. But feeling good as I ever have pictures ridiculous with me.
Speaker 4: And Ryan Sandberg.
Speaker 3: JMV any memories of Ryan Sandberg as a player. Certainly I remember this I was. This was Game one of the NLCS in nineteen eighty four. I think Rick Sutcliffe hit a home run for the Cup. No, was it eighty four eighty nine? No, eighty four, I had to be eighty four. I was in high school. I think I was a freshman. Yeah, I have to be eighty four, eighty five, I was a freshman. I stayed home to watch it. I believe Rick Sutcliffe hit a Game one home run. Now you know, ultimately they lost to the Padres. But I am not a Cubs fan, but I did like that Cub's team. They had so many of the old school like all of that team. I think I had on those old school urs. Remember the RC Cola Cans that had baseball players on the back in the late seventies, Gary Matthews, Ron Say, but that was that was a fun team to watch. Samberg was a part of it, Bull Durham, Jody Davis. You know they traded Joe Carter and Mel Hall for Rick Sutcliffe Man. He was a big deal, the big Riot hander, Bob Dernier. That was a fun team in nineteen eighty four. But Samberg was just an absolute joy to watch. He was in every single facet, including just human being. When we met him years ago. Bill's at two three, nine, ten seventy right now, Hello, Bill? How are you? Jamvan doing great?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 14: One thing I really believe has to happen in training camp is the development of Riley Leonard, the third string quarterback, to the draft pickout of Notre Dame's rookie. I think the Colts are gonna need three quarterbacks do yeah this year?
Speaker 3: I think that would be an absolute disaster if that's necessary.
Speaker 14: Well, Andrey, I mean, you know, it wouldn't it wouldn't hurt. And he's a he's a winner, and I look forward to seeing them develop developing him. But I want to say one thing about Vincent. Back in nineteen thirteen, there was a guy that was born down there by the name of Bernard L. Haff and he went on from from that to have the longest running national television show in television history. Skelton, Red Skelton, Yes, you got to take board in nineteen seven.
Speaker 3: Hey man, you can't get me on the Vincent Slash Knox County Trivia. I got you. I thought, I thought you may get me something like George Rogers Clark or something. But you want easy on me.
Speaker 14: Oh well, Red Skelton was was just so great and uh lived up here in Indianapolis. As a matter of fact, He's just kicking around Indianapolis the same time that John Dillinger was roaming the streets.
Speaker 3: We did a couple of shows. We did a couple of shows from managers that that Dellinger and Capone. I think both frequented a couple of different times in the day. From what I've been told.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, and I bet you did.
Speaker 4: Indeed happened. But the.
Speaker 14: Congratulations on your run for for having remote broadcasts and everything that might you might you might want to call the historical Society.
Speaker 3: No, Well, it's funny because back in the day with Mark you remember those shows with Mark Patrick, Mark wellly didn't dig it. He liked going to Chalky's, but back then you could you could smoke. And Chalky's in Castleton, where they had all the pool tables, was like the first place that you couldn't smoke or they didn't allow smoking, and he was cool with that. But the other places he was not a drinker, and uh, he certainly didn't like to smoke, so he didn't really dig going out too much. I'm different in that category. I don't smoke, but as far as you know, but I don't smoke. But the whole drinking and the aspect and the fun loving being out, it's always been enjoyable for.
Speaker 14: Me and by behalf of the rest of the rest of the gang that come to a lot of the remotes. Men, keep it going, baby, keep it going.
Speaker 3: You got that right. I feel bad this week because we're not out. Did you tell Mike Manly that we'd like to get over there maybe in August? Yeah, yeah, yep, good plan, right there, Billy, Thank you, buddy. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You bet you.
Speaker 8: We'll say it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. We are not anywhere other than Coach's camp on Thursday this week from what I gather, but it will refire with larceny, bourbon locks and Luno Zuel tequila shots. I have mentioned this too and a lot of you for bud Light Blue Fridays. I've said this to Michelle and I think i've I've talked a little bit to the Zinc folks about this. I knowe that those that attend to win tickets would like us to go back to the draw where you put your name in the box and I draw it out. So we've been talking about that as well. A lot of fun and it is on the horizon, not too far away, uh, speaking of that. August the seventh, Thursday, the Fan Invitational Golf Outing one oh seven to five Fan, I'm telling you this event is gonna be can't miss. Hopefully you're already signed up, but if you haven't, get in that is a week from Thursday, August the seventh Legends Golf Club. Shout out to Ted Bishop of Legends down in Franklin one O seven fan dot com sign up today, Charles Rbuckle tomorrow, somebody from the Colts roster tomorrow as well, Colts Camp and Westfield on Thursday. Kyle Neddnrit, Greg Rekestraw and Joel A. Eericson of the Star podcast with aage one oh seven fivethfan dot com. You guys have been so much better than me today. Thank you very much for your participation. Tomorrow, with three, we'll do it all over again.