Speaker 1: Chess man house woman.
Speaker 2: Yes, Garie, you want to help you to the tea.
Speaker 3: It's Garret, Gary, have the.
Speaker 2: Tea and the color the other day, Gary, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Ricky, Good morning America, Good morning in the US. He was a beautiful, beautiful day in the neighborhood. And here's what's happening in celebrity news, y'all. Beyonce, it's back in the news. Let me tell you something. Whenever you do something as a child or as an adult, there's a camera around, y'all. Don't know who's watching you, who's beauty on your stuff, and it's just and nothing dies.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 3: I don't know how people say they scraped the media, but you don't scrape your honey, because it comes right back up. What am I talking about? Beyond say nine is very part of y'all. That Beyonce Honey was filmed Honey back when she was only eighteen years old, when she was with Destiny's children sitting on.
Speaker 2: The lap of a white man.
Speaker 3: Now they're saying, y'all, the newly resurface footing y'all, which was highlighted alongside rare music or archibals, is that you said archibals archival. Oh, that's cute clip, y'all buffish over the weekend, they said, beg to capture that teen age beyond say honey backstage during the industry event, they said, buck, honey. It's the physical position y'all in the video that has thousands of y'all, thousands of fans and creatives completely disturbed. Now they say, sitting on his left, they say, the clip, honey. An aten year old yan say, y'all, who was just breaking Honey into international superstartup at the time, is seeing y'all sitting directly on the lap of a much older, middle aged, bald in white music executive during a backstage executive. Now they're saying, y'all, that the body language, honey, they said, Internet snoop honey. Immediately y'all zoomed in on her expression and posture, which many commentators argue, y'all that she appeared y'all visibly tense, polite, and uncomfortable while navigating the high power of music industry environment.
Speaker 2: As a young girl.
Speaker 3: Now I know that, I'm sure, Huney, she probably just turned the man hire something like that, honey. But people are making a big stink about honey, and that's just mean. Don't y'all all sit on me in his lap?
Speaker 1: Anybody laugh?
Speaker 4: I make a big deal out of it now. It's it's different the way we look at things now that we did before.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was.
Speaker 4: So offensive before. Now everything that you get canceled is wrong.
Speaker 3: Don't do it.
Speaker 1: It looked it looked.
Speaker 4: Kind of uncomfortable now, But if she wasn't uncomfortable, her parents weren't uncomfortable then, I don't think it was an issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm watching, and she got up out of her She came over and sat on his lap. But whether like he's like on the phone or looks like he's working.
Speaker 6: No, No, he was calling Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 6: He said, Hey, I'm gonna put Michael Jackson on the phone. Come sit on my lap. And then she sat on his lap, and then he put his and then she sat on his lap and then he put his arm around.
Speaker 2: It was to me, it was cringey.
Speaker 6: It was almost like, hey, I've got Michael Jackson on the phone, come sit.
Speaker 5: What cringy is the way she's you know, she's dressed the way we dressed back then. She had you know, the low the low jeans on and like like you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just goes back to you do better when you know better.
Speaker 7: Sometimes a lot of us as young artists, uh, did stuff that that just probably would be deemed inappropriate now and just probably young and new and the entertainment, excited to get to talk to Michael Jackson on the phone, felt comfortable and just probably didn't know it any better. And I doubted she would have did that if Matthew Knows was.
Speaker 2: In the room. I don't think he was saying.
Speaker 3: Well, he's seeing it now. Because some people say, do y'allould y'all call it the cast in college.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like those older execs that was kind of like the Godfathers back then. We didn't look at it as the way that we look at it now, and it seems cringing to us now. But they were comfortable enough to be that way. So I don't think it was anything malicious or anything.
Speaker 2: It helped her career to talk to Michael Jackson on.
Speaker 4: That man's lap, No, Gary, I don't. I don't think it helped her career sit on that man's lap. I think she was going to have an amazing career, regardless of who slaps.
Speaker 1: You said on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was definitely hard to wash them then, but but the lesson learned it just kind of make you more protective of the kids, your kids and your grandkids.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to the babysita what they think because they've.
Speaker 7: Got all these nothing, because there way more good And I don't think they're gonna judge you about that.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Too much good.
Speaker 3: Well, let's keep up lifted in prayer, all right, keep on moving, all.
Speaker 2: Right, y'all, I'm just celebrity the news.
Speaker 3: Yoh Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith, Oh my god, I remember we.
Speaker 3: Talked about StepN Aate Smith yesterday how the National Association of Black Duns and say book, we're gonna give you the thumbs down over because all the stuff you didn't said about beautiful African American women, all the women have done great things for the world and the near future.
Speaker 2: Hunting Well, He's fired.
Speaker 3: Back officially at the na b J Yad for awarding him with the thumbs down over during their annual conference in.
Speaker 2: Atlanta this past weekend.
Speaker 3: Now, Steven slammed the na b J yard for the unfair on and here's what he has to say.
Speaker 8: And I get a lot of pe people want to pile on and they want to jump on it because you have your own individual, individual feelings about me. I'm here to tell y'all, y'all are entitled to that. Not the NABJ. You're not entitled to that. This is me we're talking about here. I am the same guy that brought a nationally televised show to a journalism conference, which is the NABJ the last two years. Did you have anything to say about me?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 8: Did I get a thumbs down? Then my career started because I was at the NABJ job there, and yet Saturday night, I saw the president of the organization, Aaron Haynes, go up on stage and give me a thumbs down award for disparaging black women. I received a lot of insults in my day. That might be the lowest.
Speaker 2: My lord. Well, the question is, wow, that's a lot. Yeah, never mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we're gonna keep him lifted up in prayer. He should, you know, they should do a public apology to one another if he feels that way that they gave him the thumb.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, women, Well, he allegedly they're the things in Jasmine Crockett Uh stuff which Comana Harris and Joy read.
Speaker 2: Uh he does that?
Speaker 4: Why is it the thing that they gave that he got an award for it?
Speaker 1: Thumbs downward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then if he does it, then.
Speaker 3: There you get thumbs out instead of getting thumbs up. If he did great things, he got thumbs out. And he did some horrible things and heard those women and their families and stuff like that, and you still parading around and want people to support you of the African American descent. That's not a good look.
Speaker 7: Yeah, nobody, you know, it's been it's been some issue, and nobody's walk waking up out of their sleep deciding that they want to give anybody the thumbs down.
Speaker 5: And when he crept on Kamala Harris, the thing is, you know, look what we got now, I know so many people, you know, so many broadcasters are crapping on her.
Speaker 7: Look what we had women and we know some women broadcast and lord that was cramping on her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Daily.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta be smarter when you think about who your audience is and who you're talking to and how many people are listening to you, and thinking about what you're saying like, oh, yeah, you know what, maybe Trump is better. Really here we are.
Speaker 3: They see now yep, so we're gonna keep Stephen and Smith lifted in prayer. Hopefully he redeemed himself and apologized to the community.
Speaker 2: All right now that that indeed, I know what.
Speaker 1: Time it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, shall shall steve The colorda day is one of my favorite colorde, My Coluda days. Pus stimming on the high you say pussimmon and on the Lord, and you say beautiful orange red. That's your cal read beautiful.
Speaker 10: Y'all give it up and garry with the tea.
Speaker 11: Wait we wake go wake wake up, wake up, down and you shall sell and get up. You up this long en when your house we're being better. Wait, wake up, wake John, ridd be productor time you want to show. I want to know what you're calling him, Rossel, Come on and tell John.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, morning morning, it's the tip from me. We'll call it from Raleigh.
Speaker 11: Wake up, Wait God, wait God, wake up.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is did. I'm calling from Titusville, Florida. I'm calling to wake up my granddaughter in London. Print wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up, good morning.
Speaker 7: This is shine the Muscol from shree Fort, Louisiana.
Speaker 11: I would like to wake up one Musco and we seem my happy twelve wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: Wake up, wake up, wake.
Speaker 1: Up, wake up. This is Joseph hears calling from Orlando. Wake up, rise shine and give God the glory.
Speaker 11: Listening on your bady, you blady, it's the whole gang of city tune. What's your because we go, let us don't know what you wake up? Ready, wake up?
Speaker 3: Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up?
Speaker 2: You believe me?
Speaker 1: Wake up less?
Speaker 2: Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Reckon about the mornshall? Who was this? Hey?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know where you're at? That area where you're at?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: Different different days, same as Rick?
Speaker 7: Yeah, change man? What what what did the pastor talk about Sunday? You went to church with me Sunday? Well, what the past talk about? What the past is talking about? And what you told me?
Speaker 1: Uh? He said, Uh? It was about preparations. Get you if you get ready, if you stay ready, you something about just just get ready.
Speaker 2: Get ready.
Speaker 7: If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready, if you stay ready.
Speaker 1: That's what that is what I was trying, and that's why I was trying to get this girl to go to church with me. And she didn't. And she don't follow none of this because these kids over here, Jane mess this school. You we ain't hide this trouble trying to get out the door for school. This girl ain't not getting ready so she could stay ready. She don't wash these kids' shoes last night, knowing she ain't got no dry these shoes so damn wet. You know when shoes, when you watch the shoes, it takes five to seven day business days dry. You can't just you can't. We ain't hide these problems, Ricky. When we was growing dry a.
Speaker 7: Blood dry in the shoe like and then wake up and then put the blow dry in.
Speaker 2: The other shoe.
Speaker 1: See that's what I mean. See, people ain't got THEMN skills. She don't know that kind of stuff. We ain't have to do that. Because my sister got her shoes from the grocery store. We got some milk cereal. She get right in the back, got a pair of jelly beans. Them plastic shoes, that's what we remember them, plastic shoes, Ricky.
Speaker 2: I do everybody had them jellies. Yeah, when you take a mall, it looked like you still have the mom. But that'd be dirty.
Speaker 1: There you go. It looked like a skeleton on your foot. Then that's why people are scared to be grown. It's time to be ain't no older people no more? Ain't nobody adun't like no more. They don't know how to do stuff and keep it simple. School shouldn't be stressful with your parents like this. Now all of a sudden, kids need usuring you five and you got that type of we use Vassilene, and you went to school shining, looking like a twinkle twinkle little star. Right, and now we're over here, we over here waiting on these shirts to dry. But she ain't even got enough sense. She done behind these shirts up in this base. In that basement is a old it and them shirts picking up that smell.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, yeah, your grandmama hanging clothes up in the kitchen and put on a pot of chitting.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. You go to school. Everybody be so damn jail us thinking you ate yea all I'm saying, Rick so much.
Speaker 7: Not showing up coming to work today in black Tom.
Speaker 1: These I ain't coming to work today. You're talking about speaking of today. Yeah, today, I'm the fact you're talking about today, as in right now, coming right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Why Why?
Speaker 1: Because I'm sitting here clipping off of because you said, did you when you said Sunday? What's today? First of all?
Speaker 2: Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Tuesday, today, Tuesday? Yeah, with today Tuesday? So okay, I got it. That's the Holy Spirit talking to me. Let me get ready so I won't have to be ready. I'll talk to you tomorrow.