Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode the Fantas Second Podcast. I'm host for the evening. My name is Mike.
Speaker 2: Next to me, I have Spike across the spike, I have.
Speaker 1: Ken Can, I have Rod and we are talking about Evil Dead Burn. This is the newest film in the Evil Dead franchise. Has anybody is anybody familiar with the director of this movie?
Speaker 2: What's the director's name, Sebastian Vanisek.
Speaker 1: I believe it's how you pronounce it. You ever seen a movie called infested? I can't say no, you fucking up, dude. That's great, it's great. It's a it's a they call it a creature feature, but it's it's it's spiders. So the basic of the movie is they're stuck in with Without giving away any spoilers, they're stuck in a high rise apartment and they're trying to get out after Spider's takeover.
Speaker 3: That's the most. That's the most I can tell you.
Speaker 2: It is. It is great. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: When I saw that he was doing this, I was like, oh, I'm in, I'm in, so around the room quick.
Speaker 2: Statements. Can you like this movie?
Speaker 4: I did? I did enjoy this movie. Yeah, yeah, I did. Enjoy it. Great intro to this movie, and yeah, yeah I had a good time.
Speaker 2: Roger, you like this movie? I didn't see it?
Speaker 3: Yeah it was it was fine. It was fine.
Speaker 5: I didn't I did not not like it, Like I don't know how to describe it. But yes, I hadn't seen the other one, so yeah, I didn't know if I was missing something or whatever.
Speaker 3: But nope, yeah it was fine. It was fine.
Speaker 2: What Spike, did you like this movie? No, of course not. Are you still scared? It wasn't even scary in that per se. It was just like I personally felt like I was missing something. Him can't saying you didn't need context. It's crazy because I feel like they left so much shit out.
Speaker 1: I mean, context may have helped a few scenes, but I think to watch the movie overall, I don't think you needed to see the other movies. I don't think it really impacted anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand the overall, like what was going on? Like where they told you in the beginning, m hm, yeah, see that's what I was one, like him telling the old man, telling the story about all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like it's almost like an anthology series. So there's the overall thing that happens. But they're for the most they're really independent on one another.
Speaker 2: They are. I feel like I just didn't know where the demon people came from with the demon.
Speaker 3: That was inside. Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Evil Dead started back in the eighties, So you've never seen the eighties one either with Bruce Campbell and all.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Started back then, and it never like explicitly explained in detail where the monsters came from. It is one of your Darkness is a part of this series. Army and Darkness is the third in the in the whole thing. And then there's the Ash Versus Evil Dead show. So certain bits of that popped up in this too, but it wasn't anything that would help with context.
Speaker 2: It was more just like Easter eggs.
Speaker 4: I didn't yeah, because I didn't watch the Ash Versus It's awesome, really yeah.
Speaker 2: It for me.
Speaker 1: See if you if you can do the comedy of Widow's Bay, then I think Ash Versus Evil Dead will work.
Speaker 3: Because it was it was the similar type of comedy.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know why, but for some reason it works with me with Evil Dead.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll check it out.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know that, and I think Nation had that sort of so so i'll see. But I thought Army of Darkness the third one, they went like they were really over board.
Speaker 1: They did, and the show was more like Army Darkness the movie. But it's nothing like Z Nations Z Nation. I made it through half a season.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll try it. I'll try it. That also has our boy I'm from and it doesn't it h Yeah, anyway, A little bit right right? That was bullshit, But yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it as much as Evil Dead Rise, I don't think, but I need to watch it again.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 1: There was definitely some things in here that bugged me a tiny bit until I thought about some things they did in the Evil Dead show which made this work.
Speaker 2: But overall, this was brutal.
Speaker 1: This was fucking brutal and mean for two fucking hours, and I was here for it.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: I am starting to hate going to horror movies at this new movie theater that I have to go to because it's the one off memorial. Now I'm indicator. I'm always the only one laughing whenever I go see horror movies. Everybody's just like silent, acting like they're fucking scared. I'm like, are you all serious? How are y'all not laughing at Polly?
Speaker 2: They were laughing at man. They were definitely.
Speaker 3: The Grandmama got a lot of laughs in mine.
Speaker 1: But y'all were at black theaters. Well you might not be because you don't hang around black.
Speaker 3: Folks like to. I was in Where did I go see that?
Speaker 2: Phipps? No, I went to Parkway Point. Oh so you probably weren't a black theater. It's like mixed. Oh I was, Yeah, I went to like out by them all of Georgia. Sugarloaf meals. Oh right, the fun were you doing out there? That was the only time that I could fit it in, Like, and I was in that areas.
Speaker 3: You'd be trying to get lunch, man, it was. It wouldn't no white people out there, was all others.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fuck up.
Speaker 3: I'm not even I'm not even entertaining ship. Let's get started.
Speaker 1: We see Jesus christ Man. We see Joseph Price at his late grandfather's place. Benjamin is his grandfather. They're at the lake House and he's listening to a recording where his grandfather Benjamin is speaking about the dangers of the Necronomicon and how the Circle of the Wise Men have recovered it, and despite his warnings to them, they end up reading from the book's passage. So he's saying, that's how the zombies or the dead Heites came to be. Joseph comes across the Candarian dagger that we've seen in other Evil Dead properties.
Speaker 3: It was in the original Evil Dead from the eighties.
Speaker 1: But when he uncovers it, it also wakes up Jessica from Evil Dead Rise and we see her kill two fishermen. So I have two questions here. Well, first of all, get a statement out the way. When I told you that you didn't have to have context for the previous ones, they don't usually do stuff like this. They don't usually reference movies before this. It's usually just one off movies. So the only constant is the Necronomicon, which is the book. So I didn't know that you probably would need a tiny bit of context, or I wouldn't have told you that. But but yeah, So my first question, I'll start with you Rob, what did you think of this as an opener?
Speaker 2: And two, were you glad that the Black Man did not die first.
Speaker 3: I absolutely thought he was.
Speaker 2: They both are black, though, right, yeah, both of them. I was just really light the fish, I thought he was white.
Speaker 3: I thought he was white at first.
Speaker 5: When that's a black man, one of them, if one of them, both of them, I didn't like that. I'm like, well, they they're playing into the trope, uh doumble team, Yeah, playing into the trope whatever.
Speaker 2: So they didn't have them to do with waking her up, right, she was just out there in the water where they was at. Joseph woke her up, okay when he was listening to the thing, all right.
Speaker 5: Right, And and I didn't really need context, honestly, I kind of could put that together that it was part of the other ones the book and all that.
Speaker 1: So we no, I mean, like the Jessica, the woman that came up and killed them, she was in the previous movie.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't feel like the matter the context.
Speaker 5: I feel like she probably was part of the other ones or whatever.
Speaker 3: But no, it was fine. I thought at this point, I'm like, okay, I can get into this.
Speaker 5: I just didn't like that they were killing the black man's off the black man off top.
Speaker 1: I thought the dude was white. So I was like, least they took the white guy off first and him up too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean, you know, and the other one there was brother and sister or something like that, and they were white, so they got killed. So this is kind of par for the course a little bit.
Speaker 2: We're about to say, Spike, it's the next scene. It's how this scene leads into the next scene that I didn't understand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this, this was I thought this was a good intro, you know, especially when.
Speaker 3: I saw her head in the water that she was crazy.
Speaker 4: It was, man, Yeah, she was not fucking up boiled his fucking ass.
Speaker 3: She was just looking.
Speaker 2: Man, And that meat came off the bone like I know, and they put the close up on it.
Speaker 3: And they just too a little larries. Yeah, some Tony's you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, man, But nah, this this was a good intro. They started off pretty pretty good for me.
Speaker 2: When she killed them, she said, lead me to your family, like one of the little voices said that. Then the dude ran the rover.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's yeah, we get to yeah, we'll get to that part. Yeah, we'll get to that part. But yeah, I thought this was a pretty strong opener. Again, I did not expect Jessica to be in this, but that was cool. I like how they It's just funny that I thought the other dude was white, so never mind, it doesn't make Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, I was glad both of them died because they're both kind of getting on my nerves, especially.
Speaker 2: The little simpy one.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, I gotta die. They gotta answer this.
Speaker 1: So this is the part that Spike is referencing. So we meet, uh, some of Joseph's crew. We have, well, they do show her walk out into the street and then get run over, but I like how they doubled back right after that.
Speaker 3: So we meet Joseph's crew.
Speaker 1: We have his brother Will, we have Will's wife Alice, and we have Joseph's girlfriend Thea.
Speaker 2: I think it's how they pronounce her name.
Speaker 1: Will's acting like a little biach and he storms off drunk in his car and he crashes into Jessica and is killed. So, Spike, you were saying the when he hits the girl, she says, take me to your family.
Speaker 3: Yeh.
Speaker 2: See. I was wondering was it a coincidence or was it something that I was just missing because I felt like the demon people came back because Will rad it, like you were saying, and then for her to coincidentally run out in front of duke car just seems strange to me.
Speaker 1: Well, they were at the lake house, so he would have been driving back to the lake house. Okay, So Jessica was already by the lake house.
Speaker 3: It now knew that he was somewhere around justus.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So what did you think of the way that the killing of Will went down. I like this store how they told this part of the story.
Speaker 2: I like them doubling back like you said, us getting to see the argument, him leaving drunk and then running her over. I was like, okay, well that makes sense, and then she was in the car. All of that was good. I didn't I didn't dislike some of the camera stuff and killings that they did. And here I just didn't put the story together Will, But that point was good, Ken.
Speaker 4: It was and it kind of made sense for how and why that happened, and showing us kind of you know, the events that transpire that led to it, their relationship, how it later had an impact on her, the family, et cetera, et cetera. Uh, and of course him and uh and nah. I liked it, and it showed that they were kind of the family early on would kind of seemed like either turning a blind.
Speaker 2: Eye to his behavior or oblivious to it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm. So but yeah, he got he got fucked up. Her old fucking head came off and twisted.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, Rod shaking his head.
Speaker 3: You didn't like this part, Rodney.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I did like this part.
Speaker 5: I liked the I'm more so liked how they the sequencing of it. I like how she was coming through the woods and seize the car coming and then they cut to the argument. So instead of doing a flashback or fast forward and showing you that that's what they're doing, you realize that that's.
Speaker 3: What they did.
Speaker 2: And I said, oh, who, that was a dope edit. I love that at it. That was cool.
Speaker 5: That was really good at it because you didn't know, like and then next thing you know, he hits her and then boom. But I was wondering, like, why the fuck she just standing there waiting or whatever, because yeah, she just basically stood there waiting til the opportunity, the most opportune time to step out in the road. That's what I'm assumming, right, she stayed there. That's crazy. Yeah, that's what That's what I assumed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I liked all of this too, The way she crashed through the window, the way her head rolls off and it rolls out to the to the grass next to it, and it starts reciting the chant that possesses Will, and then she burns a car up.
Speaker 2: I thought all this was cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so we move on to the funeral, and this is where we meet Joseph and Will's parents, Edgar and Susan, as well as their grandmother Polly. They have a very awkward funeral before sending the body off to be cremated, but Edgar shows up before the cremation starts and he wants to see his son one final time. Spike, what did you think about what happened when he went in the room tried to see his son.
Speaker 2: He thought somebody was knocking at the dobe. It was from the coffin. That was crazy. It was I thought the dead may have been already possessed before the dude even jumped out.
Speaker 3: He was just acting weird. He just seemed like a angry white boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be tough and strong, So it was a bit.
Speaker 3: I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Dude was putting them in the criminator thing when he put his headphones and it was in there, dancing and ship like it's just a regular job. To me, it's funny to think dealing with dead bodies, you would think it would be different.
Speaker 3: But I like how they did that though.
Speaker 2: But dude knocking on the casket and coming out and turning into the smoke fire man or whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was good, like they did some cool stuff in him. I liked it.
Speaker 4: But when I'm watching, I'm like, man, you know good and damn well your son dead? He did you know the common I think his grief and him you know, in privacy able to kind of break down and cry, you know, allow him to kind of, uh just want to believe that his son was still alive.
Speaker 2: But there was a cheap ass cashier too, because he broke was like marble or he depends. It's different levels of caskers.
Speaker 4: But they were having a I guess that was his business.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. Okay, that's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Because he was he was over the construction site. It seemed like.
Speaker 4: So they just do two different they provide different services.
Speaker 2: One is construction and.
Speaker 5: One is maybe because I remember the lady said she apologized for it, that she seemed like she was apologizing to the family.
Speaker 2: Yes, she said they'd be done right, but it looked like the dad was over the construction. I don't think so. I didn't see. I think he was just wandering off, okay, got it. Okay, because they just on the restaurant. She was like, hey, you're gonna come up and say everywhere. She was like, I'm good, no, thanks, she was your husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't take it that Edgar was going in there because he thought it's almost so live.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no. When he started knocking.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when he started knocking, he was like, oh, coming, get you out of.
Speaker 2: There, gotcha, Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 4: That was the only thing that kind of threw me off. I'm like, you know, your son is dead. He's burnt to a crisp.
Speaker 2: I guess we just we can just assume that that was his grief. Yeah, I can. I can shoot it some bell.
Speaker 1: Just a teeny bit, because I mean, it would be it would be clear why Will would be the favorite.
Speaker 3: Son over uh, the most successful. He was more.
Speaker 1: He was more like his dad, you know, if Joseph was just kind of like a little punk, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: So so how was the demon?
Speaker 2: So when he got out of there, he transferred the demon to his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you just do that by talking to him. Nah, he burned him, he grab grabbed his arm. Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So they all go back to La Coustle.
Speaker 1: We're seeing Edward starts acting very strange and that strangeness comes to fruition during the awkwardest fuck family dinner.
Speaker 3: Did y'all like this part?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel bad for that dog, though, I see it.
Speaker 4: They did this soul well they built and the different sort of weapons that he picked up from the wind opener to the fort and she was like, yo, let me get that from you to the night picking it up again. And he's just building up and just get it more pissed and just taking it out on different people. And now she's talking about you. I'm about to go back to France, and then you didn't. I was I was like, man, they're not gonna kill the dog, said he fed that dog up. Now I liked him bringing it back, so it kind of helped a little bit. But I was like, I was, I just don't believe he's gonna kill that dog. I thought he was gonna stab her.
Speaker 3: Damn shame what they did that dog?
Speaker 2: What movie is that? Yeah? Is it when they was just looking at the whole apartment and they had the dog out run? Oh yeah, I said it all the time. Yeah, but he was.
Speaker 4: He was like, but I forgot it's Evil dead Man. These motherfuckers don't play.
Speaker 3: So what was going on when he tried to kill himself? I think that was him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, so what's going Yeah, that's what I was gonna ask before that part? Was he fighting with the demon at the table? So there was tension with him and the demon. Still, that's how I understood it. Maybe not, but that's how I took it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think the dad Edgar was actually pretty strong willed and he was able to hold the demon off for quite a while because if you remember when he was like before this, I think it was before this, Yeah, it was before this when Alice walked up on him and he was trying to kill himself in the in the shed or whatever. So I think this is him wrestling with the fact that he was possessed by this demon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was like, yeah, I don't tell my wife, right, but he was like because the wife is going off, and Mike, he was like down below, like that was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, that should have been the first sign take his ass to the hospital. But uh, yeah, I liked all of this, the back and forth. I liked the court screw that he grabbed and he grabbed a knife, and yeah, I just it felt tense all this back and forth before he killed that poor dog. And I can't remember if he passed out or if someone knocked him out. But right after this we see Joseph and uh thea take Edgar off to the hospital, but while driving, Edgar wakes up in the back of the car and attacks them both.
Speaker 2: What do you think of this part, Rod, Yeah, this was this was this was This is probably one of the craziest parts. This.
Speaker 5: This is when they ended up getting into the accident. Yeah, this was wow. This was really wild. I didn't think I just didn't think it was gonna end up this way. I didn't think it was happen this way. And so yeah, this was like okay, especially when they did the fingers in the door, it was like an audible like, oh, ship.
Speaker 2: Theater even she was just like.
Speaker 3: Like like that that was good. That was really good.
Speaker 5: And then and then oh man, yeah and with the seat through her fate like I was like, yo, they really take it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought this series was more. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I thought this was a satire, But am I thinking like Shanna the Dead and all of that.
Speaker 2: Problem is it gets confused with that? Does it get confused with that? Because wasn't Army of Darkness not like super serious.
Speaker 5: It wasn't at all. So that's what I was expecting with this. I didn't expect it to be like this.
Speaker 1: So these movies, these newer ones, are bringing it back to like the very first Evil Dead, where it was a little more serious.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Evil That too was still slightly serious, but there were just so many weird, campy moments that it was like, what the hell is happening here?
Speaker 5: Okay? But yeah, so I was confused. That's that's why I wasn't expecting it to go there. I was like, at what point are supposed to get funny? I do think the.
Speaker 2: Older lady, yeah, I was waiting to get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean the Grandma had some moments, but I wouldn't enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like the cost scene.
Speaker 3: I thought this was good.
Speaker 2: Uh A lot of this was ruined in the trailer For me, though, I hated, like this is some of the best parts of the movie. I thought the fire extinguish the thing was good. He was hitting it with that, but all in all, the sun was a bitch.
Speaker 3: He was already ran away. That was Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that. I was like, as I can do, he had this drip. He should have just shot him, right, I gain wouldn't like that, man, fuck that And then circle back around to.
Speaker 3: Damn oh man, that was crazy.
Speaker 2: She's like, shoot shoot him, shoot the view like when it wrecked, Like all of that was good.
Speaker 5: Man, it was too late. He figured out too late. Can He tried at first, but then he ain't try hard enough.
Speaker 4: He was like, fucking they only at this Well, no, it was a couple of other people killed, but yeah, I was waiting for the nationally killed somebody in like in that house. I was like, finally, here we go, because once this motherfucker out spike, it's a rap. Yeah, you see that motherfucker first. Yeah, So I was like, Okay, here we go. And yeah, all that was was really good.
Speaker 2: How they did that.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I liked all this too. I one hundred percent agree with Spike. They ruined this with the trailer. This is the reason why I've been trying to just cut trailers off halfway. They ruined multiple parts of this movie with the with the trailers, and I don't get why they did that.
Speaker 3: It's really aggravating.
Speaker 2: Which part was in the trailer.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the part with the yeah, and then the part with the.
Speaker 1: Seat rest through her face because she walks into the house and it's already in her face, so they're showing, Okay, clearly she gets a fucking seat rest of her face, So that part wasn't shocking. The part with the with the dish dishwasher was in the trailer.
Speaker 2: Her knocking on the door and walking through real slow and then looking at her. Yeah, all of this we reacted to the trailer. I don't think, see we did. We did? Yeah, I don't. Yeah, as we remember, and we reacted to the point when she fail on the knives in the dish rusher. I'm glad I forgot it, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're lucky because I didn't. I was like, Okay, well, I know it's going to happen here, but it.
Speaker 2: Was still cool.
Speaker 3: It was still cool seeing it.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect Joseph's whole ass to run off like that. That was pretty That was pretty crazy. But back at the house, Susan and Alice barry Max. Max is the dog, but Alice finds the Grandfather's ship and starts reading from one of the books, which ends up awakening Max, and Max runs in and attacks her and she has to stab them. But once she goes back to the house, Joseph arrives shortly before THEA does. THEA walks in the house and this is the part where we see from the trailer. Did you like any of this stuff? This includes when they were when they were outside, or they look outside and they see Edgar and Max out there and Edgar starts acting kind of wild.
Speaker 2: Did you like any of this? So what she was reading from the book, what was what was she conjuring the demon?
Speaker 3: She's waking the demon? Isn't the demon already? But that would have been all of them.
Speaker 5: I don't know, because you said she woke Max, but she didn't finish it.
Speaker 3: She didn't have to.
Speaker 1: All she had to do was give the the first couple of words and Mac was like, oh, bet, it's all let's go.
Speaker 2: She read all of them. No, she was like fuck that. Yeah, but that was enough to wake Max.
Speaker 1: But Max wasn't all that powerful because Rember she was able to stab him and stop him and then leave.
Speaker 2: Okay, like, yeah, I killed your dog. Yeah I couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't know what was going on there, like, oh, what she would have released with that, because I thought the demon had already been released because it had been read. So that was confused at that part. I did like when sheen when the girlfriend came to the house with the shit in her face and everything. I think this was exciting. I think she was a highlight of it. Actually, the girlfriend.
Speaker 2: The grandmother was funny too, because she kept saying she's trying to steal. So I told her she was trying to steal from me. She wanted something or something like that. I didn't at first.
Speaker 5: I thought maybe the demon can't come in without being invited in, because this.
Speaker 3: Is not a rule for somebody like vampires.
Speaker 5: Vampires, because I'm like, why didn't the daddy come in while he had like he couldn't come in at first? What do Yeah, while it was turning out there, So I didn't understand that.
Speaker 3: That was confusing for me. I assume he was standing out there to make sure they didn't.
Speaker 2: Get out, because they never let you leave. They never let you leave.
Speaker 1: So I think that he was standing out there to make sure they didn't like jump out the window and try to run around the house and then get off that way. So he stood watch while THEA went in signs to her working with them.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, which, yeah, that that that happened where they'll kind of just take turns.
Speaker 2: But can he can he just gone in and did what he did later in the movie. That's I didn't understand that what he did later.
Speaker 3: Fuck him up.
Speaker 2: Well, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, but that makes sense to us. Again, I think the son to let her. And we're talking about when his girlfriend came back and walked in the house.
Speaker 2: Well he's talking about he heard a voice, so he heard her voice. I understand him letting her. I don't he heard her. Did he look out of people? He didn't. He didn't let her in. The girlfriend did I remember anyone letting her? I thought she just walked in the house. She knocked first, and she said voice. Yeah, but he thought she was dead. He was like, what the fund he knew she was dead. Well, yeah, he knew she was dead. He was like, what the And then the girl opened the door. The girlfriend opened the door, and then she walked in. Because remember when she knocked on the door, she said whatever. She said the grandma was like she came back, she stole and uh and and she walked in and then she went crazy and started going in saying on them and then uh. But yeah, her opening the door was you know, weird, but you know it's whatever. But now all this was was was pretty cool because they got to get back in the house. We gotta get got to get some action going on. What the hell was the moment showed it. She disappeared for a little minute.
Speaker 4: I remember, well that's when she went to put the grandma away, but she was down there fighting it because that yeah, she was down there fighting with them.
Speaker 2: Or trying to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like y'all said, I mean I really enjoyed this part too, especially like when they kicked the down the stairs and she kind of landed on her neck and then she did that spider walked in.
Speaker 2: I thought that was that was really fresh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I liked all this.
Speaker 1: It was cool seeing Egrets shoot himself in the head three times in a row. But yeah, no, this was I was all in at this point. I was like, all right, man, this is this is this is good. So THEA manages to convince Grandma Polly leed, oh sorry I left the part out. They end up tussling with THEA and then they knock her into the to the the basement, but she is able to convince Polly to let her out of the basement. Then a whole fight happens, with THEA attacking Susan and Joseph. She slammed Susan's head to the wall a bunch of times before following Joseph into the kitchen, where this is where we get the ruined scene from the trailer, where you know, he falls on the dishwasher door Before she can kill Joseph, though, he has to go up stairs because Polly says that she's found what they're looking forward. It turns out she just wanted the money that she keeps thinking that Thea's dole, and Alice knocks her down the stairs, where we see Joseph finally being man. So what did y'all, what did y'all think about how Joseph started acting in this part?
Speaker 4: That shit was insane and he just smashed her face over and over and over and over again, and it damned to look like the mom was a bit terrified, but he had no choice, and I guess maybe he was still mad about her pushing him down on the dishwashing them knives in his back, you know, Yeah, because that ship right there was crazy and looked very very painful. And but nah, because at this point, you know, between the two of them, Joseph and the girlfriend, I didn't know which one was gonna actually be, you know, the the final last man standing at the end. Because Joseph in this one was reminded me of like Ash in the first one, because Ash and the first one was very scary too until he had to kind of have this switch over.
Speaker 2: So I thought this was his coming out party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they went in a different direction. But nah, he just kept smashing and smashing, the smashing, the smashing, the smashing, and that was all that was left. So yeah, this was definitely really really gory.
Speaker 2: Either one of you all liked this part, Yeah, I think this part was intense.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I like this. I liked the house scenes.
Speaker 5: I think they I think they executed the house scenes really well with the tension with the him falling on the knights. Like I hadn't seen the trailer from what I remember, so when that happened again, it was just stuff happening. Now I didn't think what happened, Like, I thought he was just falling it, but I didn't think he was actually gonna have to press down on it at some point.
Speaker 3: So when that happened, I was like, oh, goddamn. So they did go there.
Speaker 5: Joseph, which one of Joseph, the main un the guy, Yeah, and he started ramming whose head m so.
Speaker 1: So the so THEA came in and oh you're talking about Joseph bashing in thea's head. Yeah, bashes her head in with the with the with the dishwasher door.
Speaker 5: He just keeps it. Oh yeah, that skips past. Oh yeah to what She's like, nothing, that was crazy.
Speaker 4: She basically remember the ground she she got the girlfriend knocked down the stairs, yes, with the grandmother's leg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was crazy. Yeah, that's right, that's right, that's right. And then the boyfriend came. He turned at that point infected the grandmom with the teeth. Yes, so she was licking. That was that was that was discussed. I've never seen it right there before, I asked you asked the questions freaking as out and slim.
Speaker 1: This is what I love about Evil Dead. They constantly find ways to gross us out, because it's like, how have we how are we forty years in and we've never seen anything like I can't think of a single horror film where.
Speaker 2: Well there was one.
Speaker 3: What movie was that was?
Speaker 2: That? Was that? Actually the Mummy? Did the Mummy put something in the Mummy? Did put somebody enters in? Not that Mummy, the horror movie Mummy. I'm almost it would make no, it would make maybe I'm not.
Speaker 1: I saw something very recently where where the something was attacking the grandmother and the teeth fell out, and it picked the teeth up and put it in.
Speaker 2: You watched way more.
Speaker 3: That sounds familiar. I think it was the Mummy. But anyway, but I got you And that was another thing.
Speaker 1: E was she was a grandmother in the Mummy, right, yeah, yeah, I'm pretty sure the Mummy punched her, teeth fell out and she picked him up and put it in her mouth.
Speaker 3: I'm almost positive that happened.
Speaker 2: That was my my other thing that was confusing.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand how they turned, know if it was blood transfer, I didn't know if it was like, you know, saliva, like, I didn't know what it was burn, It's all the above, So any type of contact would it it turns you?
Speaker 1: No, So these movies, I feel like you can't really watch an Evil Dead movie and look for.
Speaker 3: A lot of context.
Speaker 1: Because they don't we don't know how they how they trans like we they definitely have to have contact, but there's definitely been movies where they'll punch somebody and they won't be infected. It's almost like they have to be bitten or they have to be scratched.
Speaker 5: See, I didn't know the rules, and I thought that's what I was. I was missing that context of the rules of how somebody turns, because I mean, we know it for other things, you know what I'm saying, like walking dick like like, but I didn't know the rules to this, So that was confusing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, what what how are they turning like? You know?
Speaker 3: So this one was stretching it a bit.
Speaker 2: Much.
Speaker 1: But I know if if like if I the way the Evil Dead universe works, like if I just kill you, I just stabby in the heart, you can be.
Speaker 3: Possessed at that point because you're dead.
Speaker 1: But if you're living, I think it has to either scratch you, bite you, or somehow get its juices inside of you. Because in the original Evil Dead, y'all nasty as hell.
Speaker 5: Bro, you said it, but you thought about something belt you said it said spit? Can it happen in the course? Well, we see, we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: We will get there if y'all remember, well, whoever seen the original Evil Dead? That's why Ash had to cut his hand off because the zombie bit his hand and he started being infected, so he chopped it off.
Speaker 2: Walking Dead gets it from I was gonna yeah, yeah, gotcha, But y'all didn't have that context, so I was confused by this.
Speaker 3: So when you're bringing up intercourse, we have something very similar.
Speaker 1: Susan takes Polly upstairs to put her to bed, but Polly is possessed and convinced Susan to open the window and let Edgar in, And this is where we see some insane making out between Susan and Edgar Spike.
Speaker 3: You didn't like this. This was disgusting.
Speaker 2: This was like they went overly, like just they wanted to make it be like real, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it was. This was disgusting.
Speaker 2: But again, my problem with this movie was not none of this stuff. I felt like it was more horrible for like they did some cool stuff. I just didn't like the story overall. But now you're giving me more context, heding that you generally don't have context. I didn't feel like I was missing much now, So yeah, this was this hit the mark on what it was supposed to do. With the wind, I was like, ugh, So yeah.
Speaker 4: He did feel very vampiresh kind of to probably where you were kind of asking earlier on because you know, she was like let him in, let him in.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: The thing with the mom is that you just win a couple of rounds with the You see, your husband got holes in and everywhere in his head.
Speaker 2: She watched. She wanted her family, she won't have family.
Speaker 1: What it boils down to is she wanted her family back together again. That was the That was the whole theme of this movie.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: But that's a lot, Mike, So you missed him that bag because it made it seem like Edgar was a pretty bad husband.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: That's why she said, you haven't kissed me like this in years. Yeah, so for her.
Speaker 4: To not be in fact, for the first of all, your grandmother just raised up out of nowhere and she ain't no leg or anything. So you know, I was trying to be like, Okay, she like possessed and and that's why she's willing to go along with the grandmother just saying open the door and letting him in and kissing him that way.
Speaker 2: But either way it goes because at that point she wasn't because she just did that, right, she just did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, she didn't get possessed until she made out with him, right, and even then it took a while to.
Speaker 2: Take her over completely. But I like this part. I was just like for real.
Speaker 3: And then she when she pulled away and the fucking the blood.
Speaker 1: Slime was dripping out of her mouth. I was like, man, this is why fuck with these movies.
Speaker 4: Man, And I'm trying to remember, we haven't seen like a a French kissing like seeing and.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. We never seen somebody horror movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did so it was. It was a bit of a throwback.
Speaker 4: And now it is plained whild the writers, a director whomever had him shoot himself in the head so many times.
Speaker 1: For this scene exactly so it would be nice and gross, and it was there was this ship was tight, bro. So Susan tells Joseph that the dead are not bad, and then we see Edgar busting and he proceeds to knock Alice out. The interesting thing is when Alice comes to we see her crawling across the floor as Edgar is throwing Joseph and Susan all around the room. I'll go ahead and kick it off that this was one of my favorite scenes of the whole film. I love the way they filmed this, where they just showing her and the camera is focused on her, but then every once in a while you'll see Joseph come flying across the room, or you'll see Susan getting tossed onto a table. This was fucking great, great. Anybody can take this. What did y'all think about this scene?
Speaker 3: I love the way they shot it too, That's what I got there. I love the way that they shot this.
Speaker 2: It looks it was just it seemed new, like something that you don't see all the time in movies.
Speaker 3: It was like a refreshing tape.
Speaker 5: It was new in the sense of in this context. But this is how I feel like they do war movies, like focus on one person and then you'll see shit exploding and whatever in the background. So I thought that was an interesting way to film this in a war sense or whatever.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I like this.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 3: This was executed really well. It was intense, and she.
Speaker 5: Was dropping them off in front of me like you want, and at one point is he gonna focus on her?
Speaker 3: But yeahn this this was good.
Speaker 4: This was by far probably my favorite, one of my favorite, probably my favorite part of the movie, because man, that was an ass.
Speaker 2: That was an ass. It was loud, it was violent.
Speaker 4: What Mike was saying earlier, like it really wanted because I'm like, girl, if you don't get your ass up. But she had been through so much trauma and abuse, like she was traumatized. It was like PTSD, so all she could do was just lock up in this sort of childlike position and just hid. So they did a really good job of kind of, you know, displaying that while all of this violence has taking place in the back. But man, Bro, he was putting in work. Bro Edgar, I don't want to funk around with Bro and the mama because the mama brought.
Speaker 7: Her ass back around and he was giving her ass work too, and he had just made out with her. He was still whipping her ass, and poor Joseph, he said, you ain't a weak child, Bro, and he just bro he was.
Speaker 2: At one point he just tossed his ass up.
Speaker 8: To the THEI and he was like, go find it, Go find whatever this heal thing is, because help what's that mean?
Speaker 3: Help? Help me?
Speaker 2: Help, please somebody else? Bro.
Speaker 4: I loved all of this, man, Yeah, I can still see it in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was This was a great part, man. I really really enjoyed this.
Speaker 1: But yes, as you said, he tells Alice to go find the fucking dagger. So Alice, she she wakes up, she arms herself with a big ass hedge trimmer, and then she goes upstairs to find the Candarian dagger, but Polly gets her and stabs her in the ear with a pen and while she's holding her face on the blade of the trimmer. Were y'all surprised that Susan was actually gonna turn on the blade.
Speaker 3: No, I was why I was? Where was she?
Speaker 2: Why were you surprised the woman was she was fucked? Were not surprised? I thought she was gonna do it. I did too, But she was trying to do it.
Speaker 3: She just couldn't read, she couldn't reach it.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, maybe I misunderstood.
Speaker 3: Were you surprised that she did it, that Susan was trying to do it?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, I think I did misunderstand, so uh yeah, yeah, No, I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I was surprised.
Speaker 4: I thought she was gonna help her because it didn't look like she had The eyes were orange or whatever color it were, so I thought she was back in her normal self and she was actually gonna help the mom out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was surprised that she was going to do it. Yeah, you were, Were you surprised? I was more surprised by the pin in her ear.
Speaker 5: I didn't think they were actually going to do that because they kept teasing at it. It's like, okay, she's not press that in her ear drunk, and then they slowly you hear it popping. I was like, oh my god, they're really doing this right now, Like she really has a pin in her ear, So I was more surprised that they went there with that.
Speaker 3: Then then the blade saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was this was this was a lot.
Speaker 3: This was a lot.
Speaker 1: Like the way that they when he finally sticks the pin in her ear, the way like you can hear it kind of go out like the audio and then you hear like a slight pinch or something. It was crazy too good. The way they did that sounded. The sound design there was really really well. I can't remember when this happens. I'm just gonna go ahead and mention it. When she tries to pull it.
Speaker 5: Out, she has to go back and try to yeah, yeah, and then she finally gets it out and then there's that loud ringing that then fades away.
Speaker 3: Man, it's really good the way you did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was in the bathroom when she was fighting with the mama. Well she had she had saved the mama and brought it to the bathroom and the mama was just on the the furnace or whatever that was.
Speaker 2: I didn't, Okay, we'll get there. That that's right. That is what happens.
Speaker 1: So Alice stabs Polly and then ties her good leg to that up and down chair and then they go and they hustle.
Speaker 2: It was so slow, so slow.
Speaker 3: I was dying, and nobody in there was laughing. I was like, what is this is hilarious.
Speaker 4: Looking at her when oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Mean even every time Polly was like, you thief, you try.
Speaker 2: To steal my money, I was laughing.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, she ties her, ties her good leg to the chair, and by now Susan is possessed, and because she attacks her in the bathroom, then she cuts her up with the with the hedge tremmer. And then Alice goes to the attic to find the dagger, but it's only able to figure out which one because she has to keep stabbing Joseph with them until she finds her.
Speaker 3: You know, did y'all like this part?
Speaker 2: I thought this was hilarious.
Speaker 4: This was pretty Yeah, it was pretty good because you know, you watch movies, you think that, oh, she's gonna happen to find the right one.
Speaker 2: Nah, she just kept trying to fire.
Speaker 3: It was and it was the tiniest one number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which surprised me because I thought it would be a little bit more pronounced. So I guess the daggers are different in different shapes. Because the one we've seen in the past.
Speaker 1: Word, yeah, and that one was there, but they didn't she didn't get that one, like I guess that one didn't kill the dead eye, so she used that little I don't know either way.
Speaker 4: I thought it was funny. Yeah, that was that was well done. That was well done.
Speaker 3: Y'all agree? I agree?
Speaker 2: It was Yeah.
Speaker 5: My only my only right was again because I didn't know the mama seemed like she was still grieving, and I was just like, okay, so is she that or.
Speaker 2: Is she not that?
Speaker 3: Like at what point is she going to be that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: When she would completely flip over? Yeah, she kept going back and forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that was confusing for me.
Speaker 4: And I guess when whatever conversation that was happening in the bathroom she had finally was like all right, we know what fuck it? Because I think she was fussing at the mama was they were having a conversation. I think she finally was this when uh wasn't it Alice? It was like you allowed him to be this way? You knew Will was a piece of shit and abusive. Yeah, this was when she was Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: That was it. It was the burn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's when the mom was like, all right, fine, you know what, forget it, You're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she pulls up her shirt and shows that she has a burn right here. And then I didn't like the way they did the flashbacks really, but they do a flashback that shows that while she was fighting with Will, he spilled the hot water on her intentionally, but it was a result of them fighting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she made it seem like it was intentional to see he did this on purpose. I'm like, well, no, the fleshback doesn't seem that he did it on purpose. He argued with you on purpose, but he didn't spill water on your purpose.
Speaker 2: It still was a violent act.
Speaker 4: Yeahs in the water still spelled, but he was about to snatch her up though.
Speaker 2: They were trying to have a home. That he was violent, Yeah, not did he burned her at home? She said he was.
Speaker 4: She said that he was abusive and used to and the mom didn't like hearing that, and that's when the mom was like, all right, and then that's what she gave in completely mm hmm, okay, got it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Susan and Edgar entered the attic and Alice has to skip by by window and she's pursued by Edgar and Susan and then she drops the knife and then climbing through the chimney. This is where she takes out the head strimmer and she chops off Susan's head while in the chimney and cuts Edgard's head into So did y'all did y'all like this?
Speaker 2: Was this a good a good sequence?
Speaker 3: This was dope.
Speaker 2: I feel like they just they wanted to show people fighting in the chimney. They just wanted to show them and how the sparks was flying off the wall with the hedge thing on.
Speaker 3: This is a cool shot.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really cool how they shot it.
Speaker 4: It was so creative, like the different ideas they'd be coming up with. And when she climbed out the window to the roof, I was like, that's stupid, how are you gonna get down? And then when they did this, I was like, damn, that makes a lot of sense. And the way they crawled out the window and they were moving off fast and ship like that, that shit was dope. And yeah, the way she did it, because yeah, somehow someway they're gonna work in the damn chainsaw, so.
Speaker 2: You have to Yeah, I guess at this point you have to. But she used to change something, right, It just show she went to something else. Yeah yeah, because again like Army of Darkness has to change. So all right yeaheah, he has one of his arms on his arm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so uh so yeah, I was like, oh, okay, I know that whatever. So and then they didn't end up using it, and I was like, oh, that's funny. So I guess that was like a nugget maybe like a little easter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think they do it in every movie. Yeah, they're doing it every movie.
Speaker 3: I got you thought he was gonna use it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but nah, this was this was dope, and yeah I enjoyed it all right.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, I enjoyed I enjoyed it too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a very creative scene to be inside of a I did call a little bullshit when she was kind of like free fall and then she just took her foot out like that probably wouldn't have worked, but it's evil.
Speaker 2: Dead world, so I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Alice ends up setting the house on fire before killing Max with a dagger, but then Will comes back and he's taunting her and he chases her to a pit where she falls in and is impaled on a steel rod. As Will tries to fill the pit with hot tars. She's able to free herself and kill Will. So what did you like about all this?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: They put her through? Hell?
Speaker 4: Did like through actual hell, her ear, her leg like everything, man, And I didn't I know, mama, the mama, No, the mama didn't say that.
Speaker 2: The grandmother said Will is on his way. Yep.
Speaker 4: I ain't think that motherfucker gonna really show up.
Speaker 2: I didn't need you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, nah, he can't be because he like burned to a crisp. But when he showed up, I was like, this motherfucker really did and he was just as abusive and when he threw it down there every single time, I was like, how is she gonna survive?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And I think that really spoke to like sense of survival in those sort of relationships that women have to endure. Yeah, so no, that was that was a good way to kind of convey that. But yeah, the are her getting up and then switching to him being his regular face and he was like I love you, and she's saying that's not enough and killing him.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, she been through hell though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she used the jackhammer to kind of hammer his body and then she stabs him with the dagger before kind of like tearing.
Speaker 2: His face apart.
Speaker 1: So this leads to the end of the movie, after she kills will. I will give my opinion on this part. I wasn't a huge fan of the CGI. Here evil that's not known for CGI like this, and it just kind of looked goofy, you know. He he just looked kind of lame. Yeah, the CGI was kind of bad in this movie. I wasn't impressed with that at all. Didn't hurt the film for me, but I was like, that looks stupid. He looks ridiculous. But yeah, so she kills him, she crawls out to the street and paramedics find her, and that's basically the end of the movie. But did everybody here stay for the credit scenes? Oh Jesus, alrighty, well, we have two I always these days, I always google it while I'm in the theater.
Speaker 3: I do, I normally do.
Speaker 5: But I didn't care enough, damn, Just being honest. I normally do, though, but I did not care enough to stay longer because I had to go to a late show.
Speaker 3: Anyways.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 1: So the first post credit scene is with Polly, which I do that was gonna be it.
Speaker 3: I knew they were going to bring her back.
Speaker 1: But she's basically crawling down the road with no legs, and then this woman drives up and asks her she needs help.
Speaker 3: She scratches the woman's leg.
Speaker 1: And that will transfer the demon into the woman because she said, I don't have any legs by light yours or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's the old lady. This is the old lady.
Speaker 3: So so, yeah, so that's the one.
Speaker 1: The second, well, let me just ask Ken, did you like that mid credit scene.
Speaker 4: I knew she escaped because they showed her leg, so clearly she had got a way because she never Uh. It did seem a little silly for her to stop to help, but it's a horror movie.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: Because I thought it seemed like her whole waist was missing, not just her leg.
Speaker 1: No, I think it was just pretty sure. You wouldn't stop and help a emputy that's crawling down the road.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't either, because I would think it's a yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, but it makes sense. So it was cool. It was cool because I think I saw they were doing another one after this anyway.
Speaker 3: They are Evil Dead Wrath.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: So before that scene, before the credits scenes, didn't we see Alice eyes turn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of her eyes were I didn't catch that. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, So I thought after that, I was like, Okay, that's it. Yeah, I was right.
Speaker 1: So she shut the house on fire, she kills will So when she's coming up out of the pit, one of her eyes was a different the ambulance on the ambulance.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't catch that.
Speaker 5: That's why I didn't think it was any end credits honestly, because I was like, okay, but that is the that is the hook she's gonna continue on.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't catch that.
Speaker 1: The end credit probably would have made any sense to you or Spike because it was a it was a callback to the other movie, which.
Speaker 3: Again they don't usually do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the second end credit, it's Ellie from Evil Dead Rise, who was the main character, and she is just acting weird inside of the.
Speaker 3: He wants to say nursing home, but not nursing home.
Speaker 1: The funeral home, and the funeral director and her daughter there and they're kind of walking around and the daughter is looking at the ashes for Ellie.
Speaker 2: So this is the part that throws me off.
Speaker 1: So she's looking at the ashes, so we assume Ellie's ashes are inside of the urn.
Speaker 3: But then Ellie appears behind her and.
Speaker 2: I can't remember what she did.
Speaker 1: She by her in the neck or she slashed her neck in some way, and this is like a little girl. They somehow killed this little girl, like they did something to her neck. And then she says Mommy's back or some shit, you know, and that was the end. And I was just like, I don't need these to really make sense like that. But last time we saw Ellie, y'all put her in a wood chipper and her ashes are right there, So what is going on? How is how is her body there to do? Yeah, this whole part confused me because, just like I said before, Evil Dead doesn't always give you context. But I've never watched one of these and been like, Okay, I'm really confused because that makes no sense.
Speaker 2: But this one didn't really make any sense.
Speaker 4: So was, uh uh, there shouldn't be any ashes because nobody even know that she was there, or they wouldn't know what ashes to get, Like, there's no body so you're right about that by her being in a wood chipper. Yeah, Now there was the spirit at the end that transferred to the other girl, but that led to the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 1: On the last one, Yes, that was Jessica at the lake House.
Speaker 4: Right, so I don't know that would be her transferring herself into them. Yeah, and maybe that's how it's moving. But I'm with you, it didn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really confused.
Speaker 4: But and why bring her back again even though I know she was at the beginning of the movie, But still I don't know. Yeah, normally they don't really connect them like this. Yeah, but at least this this, like this.
Speaker 2: This type.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but yeah, I'm with you. The body was gone. But yeah, but she still killed that little girl. That little girl did right, Yeah, God.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming she's gonna come back as a dead eye in the next.
Speaker 4: One, which again, most movies don't kill little girls like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I think when they killed the dog, they were kind of setting it up, like, yo, yeah, everything is on the table, We're not pulling any punches. We're about to kill this cute ass dog and we're about to kill this little girl.
Speaker 2: So I'm for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kill them.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 1: So y'all not trying to see Evil Dead wrath hunky?
Speaker 3: How did Why did they titled it that way? I guess because they want to do something different than Evil Dead.
Speaker 1: Because trilogy now that I'm thinking about, like these, So there's the there's the first two Evil deads then there's Armorld Darkness, right, so those are the movies for Bilt Bruce Campbell. Then they did Evil Dead twenty thirteen and they just called it Evil Dead. Then after that is when they did Evil Dead Rise and then Evil Dead Burn. So I guess they I mean, because what would you call this. It's like, you can't really call it Evil Dead Sick because the whole franchise is kind of like started over. So yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I guess that's why they're not trying to confuse things. So they just call it Evil Dead Da da da Evil Dead Da da da da.
Speaker 4: So maybe this with Evil Dead Rise is like a new trilogy.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, yeah, new trilogy started with thirteen. It's just his own standard, that's right. Okay, That's how I understand it.
Speaker 4: At least that would make sense. Why they would do title it that.
Speaker 1: Way because an Evil Dead twenty thirteen, which was great. By the way, there's another there's a girl in the movie. Her name is Ash, So I feel like what they were going to do was reboot the franchise with her and that didn't work out.
Speaker 3: So then they went to Evil Dead Rise because.
Speaker 2: She did damn near everything that he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she lost her hand. It was like the whole thing. But but yeah, yeah, that was it. I mean, I you know, I was I was dreading putting that list together because I was like, man, Evil Dead, Evil Dead Burn is gonna be fucking good. I just know it, and it's gonna end up. I'm gonna be mad because I can't put it on my top five.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't think it needed to be on. It's not a top five film. Evil Dead Rise was to me because it was very creative. This one is still creative, but it's not like there's a tangible story, even though they're trying to force one.
Speaker 3: But I had a good time with it.
Speaker 1: So I guess next one is gonna be just me and Ken because because y'all some hoes.
Speaker 4: Because Evil Dead Rise did because wait, what's that guy abusive.
Speaker 3: And oh, I can't remember because they didn't really show them.
Speaker 4: No, it was like we heard it through her eyes, but she was pregnant. But it was something. But either way, I guess it's relevant because but I can't remember. I was trying to think that there was a thing because somebody's always fucked up because in the in the reboot, she was a drug ads at it was in the second it was something that rise that.
Speaker 3: I can't remember, you know what the sister.
Speaker 1: The sister was dating some dude that was like not good to her. So the main character, not Ellie, but the main character. Yeah, it was with Ellie's little sister. She was dating some guy. And I want to say he got her pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, he did.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, because she was pregnant while she was fighting off the dead eyes because they kept making comments about the shit. And I think the guy that she got pregnant by was kind of a douchebag.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I can't remember the details.
Speaker 1: I would normally if it's a sequel, I'll always go back and watch the one before it. This I didn't think it was a sequel. I thought this was going to be just another random one off movie. Yeah, but no, I guess they're trying to connect all this stuff. But I'm here for it. If anybody's in.
Speaker 2: The Atlanta era and you want to come reviews with me and Ken because Spike and Rod are scaredy cats.
Speaker 3: Then let us know.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, let us know what y'all thought of this review. Let us know what y'all thought of this movie. Make sure you go and become Patreon supporters. We are constantly, constantly, calm, instantly putting in work on Patreon, trailer reviews, solo reviews. We're doing it all and then Spike's kicking out these conversations with himself. Y'all gotta watch this ship. So yeah, man, we're having fun over on Patreon. Man, So come be a come be a supporter, and yeah, we will see y'all next time out.
Speaker 2: Do you think yourself? He argues with himself. God damn it.
Speaker 3: Spike versus Lou