Speaker 1: The ride with jmv Oh you got jokes to go along with that ugly jumpshy out of you.
Speaker 2: As anty three five and one oh seven five the fan Caleb Zuber is in today for James.
Speaker 3: Caleb is going to give you a chance to win Garth Brooks tickets coming up a little bit later on and be ready for that.
Speaker 1: Are you Butler?
Speaker 3: Exhibition games that go Hinkle coming up in October? Back to Bloomington coming up next year? Uh, the IU football program. I do want to get back into that yesterday. I did not have a chance to read a lot of those after I had that conversation with Dan Wetzel, most of which disagreed with my assessment of it. That's cool, jump back to that coming up in a minute. I may, as I said here before you, right now, I may offer you this break. This rest it's a rest area. Just outside of Plainfield. There's a rest This is a rest area where we don't have to discuss those that continuously piss and moan about the fever. What do you guys think because they're going into All Star weekend? Is it okay to put that on the back burner? The seven technicals, everybody getting all over the coach, nobody really knowing what they're talking about, the transformation, the transformation of nerds into all of a sudden John Wooden juniors, which is just beyond weird to me. All these dorks. Now, Hey, how I know basketball? Okay, sure you do. You guys want to take a break from that, I'll give you that option meantime of the Anymore Automotive Group potline. Luckily, he gives us an option often to utilize his gymnasiums. He's the athletic director at Sinne Grove. He is a big time listener to this show and to this station. We have seen him before. Joe ron Kella joins us on the andy More Automotive Group pile lote.
Speaker 1: Hello, Joe, how are you good?
Speaker 4: How are you great?
Speaker 1: You send somebody down to sweep that west gym for me yet? Today? Buddy? Have we done that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We ran the little Zamboni machine and then we touched up. We don't want you getting hurt.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get tired of me complaining about that? Is it? Okay?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, I'm used to those type of things.
Speaker 1: No, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, you know and I should recognize that because I have a bit of a background and understanding the relationship that goes on with with educators and administrators and those that are out there, I should probably take it a little bit more easy. Yet I feel compelled just to kind of joke around about it. So I hope you're okay with it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because especially I go back and watch the Huddle film from when you play It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Are we actually been filmed? Is there film with that?
Speaker 4: No, there's a camera in there, but I've never turned it on. Oh man, Yeah, but I can for the viewers if they want to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, we have.
Speaker 3: And I've got a problem here, Joe, before we get into exactly what we're going to talk about what we're going to promote here, we have one particular the player that is a well known cherry picker. And it's not even your not even your average cherry picker. And that's somebody that runs to the half court and then you know, woo woo wooh and goes back to the other end after the defensive stop and the board work, but stands down to the other end of the corner while nine other dudes run the floor and go to the other end.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know that's cherry picking or just not playing defense.
Speaker 3: I yeah, it is. It is a for It's like the highest form of cherry picking. I can't stand it. Somebody's going to either have to go on time out or take a punishment of a suspension or something because I don't think I can put up with that.
Speaker 1: Joe, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Totally get it.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 3: Well, you can check out that video and find out for yourself. You probably have a pretty good idea the person I'm talking about right now, but you can see for yourself.
Speaker 1: Well when you have time.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guarantee, I know, I guarantee, I know that we'll go on to the something else.
Speaker 3: So thirty years of the Mick, and you're a part of this project as well as a lot of other administrators and coaches are past and president of the MICK. When did they approach you about this project?
Speaker 4: So back in January we start talking about how we were going to do some more information out and we're going to put together tailgate to celebrate the threieth year. And there's been a lot of collaboration between superintendents and principles and athletic directors to put this production on as we are all playing everybody and Week one, you know, one mic game is US and Warren. So that what a great time to kick it off with the first football game because the rest of the mick will play each other later in the season.
Speaker 3: You know, you go back to the North Central Conference back in the day for hoop and that that is a storied conference. You know maybe outside of that legend Joe is, has there been a conference athletically speaking across the board that has been any better historically speaking of the thirty years that to make a show, you know.
Speaker 4: None like a theig Go. With over three hundred state championships in the last thirty years through our conference, it's hard to tell. I mean you no multiples, miss basketballs, mister basketballs, mister baseball, all kinds of things going on our conference?
Speaker 1: Is it them?
Speaker 3: Is it something you guys kind of have to keep up? What do they say the old school references? You know, keeping up with the Jones, as I believe, so that means looking at everybody around you or your neighbors and trying to make sure you stay you know, up with them or your house, your your yard looks as good as theirs? Is it the same thing in terms of both athletics and academics at Center Grove When you look around at the landscape and the mick and also want to make sure that nobody's lagging behind, you're staying right with them in this case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think, I think we collaborate a lot on our building projects in the Courier, start with lakes facilities. And when you have successful programs, a lot of bands come. So you want to make an atmosphere that's appealing plus safe and be able to handle the number of people that come into our events. And you know, we all work together just and you do see us have similar pieces, but then you also see us have some better at this area, bet that area, depending on what is our strength.
Speaker 3: So, uh, the whole band of the mix is back together again now, right? Is that correct? Everybody's everybody's good, everybody's scheduled, every we're all we're all back to normalcy again, right, yep.
Speaker 4: Everyone is on everybody's schedule beginning this coming forward.
Speaker 3: We knew I think everybody out there is privy to you know, some of the wrinkles and issues that went on. How difficult was all of that to iron out, get passed, and then move on and get back together again.
Speaker 4: So when I got center groove, I was in twenty twenty two, and I had been I had worked with some of the athletic directors from their schools, and when I came in, I got to know some of those and you know, what a great band of athletic departments. And I do know there's some commonalities between the principles and superintendents, but sitting down and having conversations and looking out the best way to move forward for our kids in community was number one in all of our priorities, and I think that that's what went out now.
Speaker 3: So that was just kind of that was just toss a new direction when you took over. Thank you very much. Let me deal with this right now. That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was very unique and fall twenty two, and then we got to the football schedules in twenty three. Got a little fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Eric's got playing teams in New York or whatever, and yeah, it's yeah, that was all kind of thrown in your lab right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it was an exciting time to see some of those different opponents. But nothing's better than the normalcy of Indiana teams and being able to play the best in Indiana. So that's what we're back to it and it's awesome.
Speaker 3: Joe Bronkella is the senegralve athletic director part of the Mick as well. They're going to celebrate thirty years with a project coming up. We'll talk to him about that. Even more so, it's interesting, Joe, how old are you?
Speaker 1: We're the same age.
Speaker 4: I actually turned forty eight tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Forty eight. Yes, well, you like eight years younger than me. Man a while younger. You know. It's funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're this era too, But I come from the era where our athletic directors were known for making sure buses were able to take teams to their locations and that the official showed up. That was basically what we knew their job to be back then. So you can speak to this with this new era of administrator athletically speaking, the athletic director, it is so much more than just that and then some right now it's not even to me, it's unimaginable than the way that it was, for example, back in the mid eighties.
Speaker 4: Oh, there are so many things that people don't even imagine from lining and mowing grass to cleaning areas to I had to work on the scoreboard for about an hour today to try and make sure it's working properly. And that's nothing compared to when the season starts.
Speaker 3: Well, at least you finally got the goals down in the Vandy that was outstanding? Were you the guy that did for a while? By the way, I love the van. I know everybody gets all all nostalgic on the West Gym, and that's fine. I love the Vandy, love it. That's my favorite of all.
Speaker 1: Easily.
Speaker 4: I will say the floor is a lot less slicking Vandy than is in the West Gym.
Speaker 3: It is a lot less. I think it's softer too, buddy. Believe me, if there's somebody that knows soft floors, it is me right here. It is much. It is much softer. But you're right, it is immeasurable, really, what your job status entails now compared to what it has in the past. Now, have you seen this, this project, this thirty year anniversary celebration of it.
Speaker 1: Have you seen bits and pieces of it yet? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I've seen some of the media camp pains in some of the commercials, their their top notch. The group that's putting that together has done an excellent job.
Speaker 3: Do you have a is there a part of it that And I know that this has been embargo and I think we're okay to talk about to this point. Is there a most interesting part that you have in this that you can think of?
Speaker 4: No, I mean, I just liked the collaboration that we put together. And there's a little bit of each school a part of its really all I can say. And it's it's really exciting. I mean, it kind of gives you chills when you watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's cool.
Speaker 3: And I let everybody know when it is officially unleashed, but it is. It is cool, and I think the more that we can do I like to me just for example, what Joe, what I brought up is, you know, you know, bus schedules and making sure the referees are there. There are so much more that goes into it, and I love that. And I like also seeing behind the scenes stuff of the good times and the bad times, because it's not always good.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely not, but the good times really are what people think about other than sometimes at the bad times. But what we remember the best of the good.
Speaker 3: It's Joe Bronkella again, he's the Cinegralve athletic director. I'll have more on this thirty years of the mick and celebration and I'm sure days and weeks to come. All right, So what's the athletic schedule look like this season? You got everything hired out, everything good to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fall is completed, so's a couple more things to do in the winter and then the spring. Just got to balance some things out. You know, we hadn't had a traditional MIC conference schedule in the spring, so like baseball has two times we play each other, so I've got to kind of revamp that and then working through it right now.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's cool. I know it's a lot of work for you, but it is incredibly cool.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, too, you hired a new varsity basketball coach as well after this season, So directionally speaking, I mean, you had one dude that's been there forever and we'll be there forever wach in the football program and probably the girls championship basketball program as well. But you've got some new ground to cover with your varsity boys coach.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and he's already done a great job from the get go, coming in the summer and he'd hit the ground running and he I mean, that guy's in there about as many hours I am already.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now he looks a lot younger and is a lot younger than both of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think he's a guy that cherry picked. I'm guaranteeing that he's getting in your face and a good defense.
Speaker 3: When you go through because you obviously haven't had one of the football program, No, the girls basketball program, because you both you know stuck Meyer more or superb. But what they do, we know that to be true. But when you were going through the hiring process and the interview process, is that something that was enjoyable? Did you enjoy like talking to everybody and get the background to everybody and certainly finding out how much value that you know your program has is viewed within the Mick as as what you were being told by those back then potential candidates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do that, you know, even though the scheduling is kind of hard. I enjoy doing that, just like I do enjoy working on finding new coaches and hiring coaches. And we had quite a large selection. We had a decent number of people that we brought in and did with the committee, and getting to know all those different experience and backgrounds gave us a good basis of what direction we want to go with the program. We're very excited with coach Morehead. But yes, it was enjoyable talking to all the different people coming from different places to see what would fit best for our program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the celebration of hundreds of championships and awards and you know, thirty years of greatness and also some bumps in the road of the Mick and Joe Bronkella is the athletic director of sine Grove also kind of enough to allow us to hoop it up and his fine gymnasiums. But I won't tell you what though. Let me tell you the sack. That thing I can't do, that I can't play back to back in the sack. That's way hard, way too hard.
Speaker 4: Definitely a young man's court.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you need anything from me, pal let me know. But job well done over there. And by the way, if your new head coach ever wants to play a little bit, you know where to find me. You know where to track me down. He can guard the cherry picker absolutely.
Speaker 4: I'll let him know that. He'll probably get some direction on some skill too.
Speaker 3: You'll probably be there one time and then never come back, is what will happen. So, Joe Man, if you need anything, let me know. Thanks for coming on today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 3: Joe Bronkell is a good dude. He's also a big time listener of not just this show, but this station, and we like that a great deal. The Sinegrove Athletic director and I got more for it. I know Lauren had sent me this a little bit earlier today, but I'll tell you a little bit more. When this project, I didn't know how much I could go into because of the embargo and how much I couldn't.
Speaker 1: But I'll make sure you guys have.
Speaker 3: Especially all the all the other all the other teams and coaches by the way, to any other mixed schools, whether you the AD or the coach, if you want to get on and talk up this project, please contact us.
Speaker 1: I'd be glad to have you on here as well. Always. I think is really cool.
Speaker 3: Quick break, We'll come back, don't go anywhere. Goth Brooks tickets and Pat Sullivan in studio, Top of the Hour. This is ninety three five and one seven five The Fan, The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 1: Guy Rockets in Flight, after Noon Delight, you guys have it, Afternoon.
Speaker 2: Delighty three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: Caleb Zuverer is over there now, kleeb An awesome, Marie Entry right there. If you were to bounce back with Afternoon Delight, that would have been clutch.
Speaker 1: Live and learn.
Speaker 3: I guess that's a tough but you're incredibly young and you may not understand. If you're to bounce back with Afternoon Delight there and Dancing the Dark by Springsteen, that probably would have had.
Speaker 1: More of effect.
Speaker 3: However, Yeah, again, we're talking about the older generational folks out there that also get it. So, you know, much like I've just got to get all growns up, we just got to get get the teaching you a little bit about the old school stuff.
Speaker 5: It's one of the things I'm looking forward to with working with you, John, educate.
Speaker 3: Me a Little've been coming out to Paradise Day Watson learning from the musical content we offer there. Look who's in studio right here, Pat Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden, which is the Home and Garden Show Saturday mornings, not until one ninety three w IBC.
Speaker 1: How we doing We're doing good, We're doing good. Just got back from Atlanta looking at the patio furniture show. Got a book your is everything patio furniture wise? Does it have like uh.
Speaker 3: Phone charging ports?
Speaker 1: And they got all.
Speaker 3: This new technology that's been implemented into what used to be wicker. I remember back my mom at our pool, we had like redwood furniture. Yeah, that just had the old like price is right, seventies looking cushions on top of it.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, it's not like that anymore, not like that anymore. At No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of Polly, a lot of companies making Polly, like you know, the Berlin Garden stuff that we carry.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not so sure about that. You and the problem with that stuff never wears out. No, that's great, No, not, it's not for you. I need to cycle these things.
Speaker 3: You got to recycle and get somebody back in there for some more product.
Speaker 1: Right there.
Speaker 3: What was the most interesting thing you saw in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: M you know it was uh not just kind of wandering around that you know, I can't say that there's any one product that I looked at and go wow, except for I did see like they're starting to make sofas even wider. And I don't know if that's just for the American market or not, because because your European sofas are in a European sofa we call a two and a half because it is not as long as what we consider a sofa for our for our country.
Speaker 3: So oh, now there's they call them right because they all smoke. Well that's how they Also they stay skinny because they smoke cigarettes and not stuff.
Speaker 1: Maybe that is maybe that's the reason maybe we need to all start smoking.
Speaker 3: They all stay skinny because they just don't eat like nickelback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. There's a lot of great You saw the memes soccer fans going back to their own country showing there. Yeah right, you go. Yeah what I was in America for two weeks picked up forty pounds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, maybe that's that's the reason why you have to fortify the furniture.
Speaker 1: That's right, here's something you might be interested. I'm ready right now. This is for Washington Township, Avon, Indiana. They are auctioning off a fire truck. So if you've ever wanted to own your own fire truck, or you're looking for a great gift for a retired firefighter. Right now, Washington Township Avon Fire Department, Avon, Indiana currently auctioning off a two thousand and five E one Spartan engine pumper and currently the bid is at forty five hundred dollars. Wow, being auctioned off at municibid dot com. That's my public service.
Speaker 3: And you can't what you do, you and the family. You can have the family that can sit backwards absolutely look back.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's a pretty good shape. Is that it still runs, still pumps? Yeah, I don't know what year was it again, two thousand and five. Oh, that's not that long. Going dolls around that thing. I don't know. I mean, you know, I'm with the pumper. I mean they take him out a lot to go to dinner. But you know, man, now I even know you look that stuff up. Well, you know, I try to bring something to your show, John, I appreciate that little something more than you know.
Speaker 3: Hashtag asked pat questions if you want to get in at hashtag ass pat that is on the text line of three one seven two three nine ten seventy or if you want to phone in that is spectacular. Caleb will be the first voice that you hear at two three nine ten seventy. And that is a question hashtag ass Pat Sullivan Hardware's garden.
Speaker 1: Does Caleb know Fulton yet? He's getting to know?
Speaker 3: Come on, Pat, I know Fulton. I think everybody knows Fulton.
Speaker 1: Come on now.
Speaker 3: Fulton calls Dave Smiley. Oh yeah, early morning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, actually he put me, uh, he put me on hold when.
Speaker 1: He's talking to Smiley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's something incredible. Yeah, I don't put you on hold. Well, I'm talking to Dave Smiley. That is incredibly true.
Speaker 1: Though. Now he's got a couple of softball games tomorrow. I've already talked to him to hear that too. Yep. He worked today. His food was a little late getting out of the kitchen, not happy, So.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I got an irritated full. I wanted to ask you this before we get started with these barrages of texts and calls for you. Right here, the things are incredibly dry right now now, some spots.
Speaker 1: That's the weird thing when you when you're on you make that.
Speaker 3: Claim, he hasn't right in my house in forever.
Speaker 1: I know Indianapolis in particular is pretty dry. But as soon as you say that, it's like, hey, we got two inches last week because these little tiny cells just get over the top and let loose. But you're right, I got married it dry as hell. Yep, yep. So your long you want to water deeply. So if you are, if you would for some reason, if you have brand new plants, brand new lawndscape or trying to grow grass seed, then you want to you want to water more than once a week. An established lawn once a week, Yeah, once a week during that that's enough to keep it alive. That's all it needs. But if you have got nursery stock in and those roots were only the size of the ball of that thing, you really I mean two three times. So we see.
Speaker 3: I have plants, and I think some of them they gave me. Scott Levy gave me plants that you have to really work hard at killing. Yeah, very Stevens. Remember Steven Seagal is in that film Hard to Kill. That's my plants are hard to kill.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: They go, Okay, you're a jackass, So we're gonna put some plants in here.
Speaker 1: But how old are the plants? They normally they do it on a year.
Speaker 3: To your basis, they just put they they put in new plants every year, not every year. If they die, then they put in new ones. Now they come over, They come over every year. It's and it's awesome too. I just turn them loose and they just do what they feel.
Speaker 1: Do you have shrubs that die every year? Yeah, you are a nightmare. I'm a night I am a nightmare. You really are I am.
Speaker 3: It does look good and all I'm wanting is the curb appeel right, Sure, I'm not a green thumb by any stretch, but the curb appeal is what I'm looking for. He also, I have a ton of sweet corn on my real porge courtesy of Steve Duke of the Duke Farms. Now Mike and Steve Duke. Steve dropped off a ton of early sweet corn. It is outstanding.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Before I came to work today, I was taking it all out and getting it all ready. So how's that going to work with your doesn't cottage cheese does not work? That is not supposed to be on the list. What if you make it for others on Sundays, we'll make it for others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about what about mixing the corn in a little bit with the cottage cheese. I've told you this.
Speaker 3: This is how I eat corn of the copright, I boil it. I boil it, and then I will I don't need any butter or anything.
Speaker 1: I go go shirtless out of my.
Speaker 3: Back deck and eat it like I ravage it, and then throw the cob across out into the back forty Do you.
Speaker 1: Have any kind of yell like when you do, I'll.
Speaker 3: Have I'll like have like pieces that like come on. It's like a cartoon like fly.
Speaker 1: Around around.
Speaker 3: No, I go down like a just like and forth like a dot matrix printing something out, just down. Yeah, beautiful, you're really an interesting person. You ever thought about giving your body to science? I should for sure? What part of science, or in this case, what part of my body science would accept.
Speaker 1: What do you think I think I think they take?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they'd I think there are bits and pieces of it they go, yeah, you know what, this is not really up to standards here, Let's let him keep that.
Speaker 1: I think the answer to uh, there's a few cures in your body that they need to know.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's up the standard with a lot of things. Let's let him keep it all right, you're ready to take some calls. Two three seventy. Todd is in mccordsville with Pat Sullivan hashtag Guss Pat Todd, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey Todd, Hey guys, Well is not my topic, but speaking John a little bit here book guys. But sweet corn on the grill is absolutely fain.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that though, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: You can do it in the hust.
Speaker 6: You can cook it in the husk, you kind of take the silk off and then kind of keep pulled the hust back. You can put it in the foil. It's it's better on the grill than it is. I know you. If you get a boiler, you probably put some lemon juice and some sugar in there. But I mean on the grill is absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 1: Put it on there, you caramelize it a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's really is do you make that into streetcorn?
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're talking about here? Street corn?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He's Mexican street corn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's all bourbon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good idea that works. Bourbon corn sounds really good, right there, pal, It does.
Speaker 1: Does sound good. You know, I brought you a bourbon candle. You bought me a bourbon Candyeah, bourbon candle. Yeah, I love candles too. Yeah, let me tell you smell anything like that. But it seems to me. Uh, I live my life like a candle in the wind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that smells really good.
Speaker 1: That does. That's from a local that's Pen and Beach. They are a local company.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Pin and Beach. That's pe n N and b E E c H.
Speaker 1: The other one I brought you is called Dad's Den, and it smelled like socks or todd.
Speaker 3: Let me see what Dad's den smells like before we get to the remainder. Get call right here, Dad's Den. Oh yeah, that's a good smell right there. That sounds like this smells like a little bit like it's trying to be on the very early stages, infant stages of your car.
Speaker 1: Right here. That's Dad's Den.
Speaker 3: It's like very yeah, it's it's like back in the day when people sprayed the car, like just sprayed themselves down and you can. You knew they were coming like a mile before they got there. This is like the very infant stages of your car.
Speaker 1: Smell like it. There you go, Tod, continue pal.
Speaker 6: Ye, well, and then staying and flow real quickly. My dad's my go to sweetcorn is my dad's from Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, shout out to that.
Speaker 1: That is very, very very popular up on our side of town.
Speaker 4: So here's my question.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got to two penthounds. I got a basket hound and the vehicle. They're absolutely killing my graphs. Well, it kind of goes both ways. I've either got dead spots or I've got spots that's four inches tall because of the variety of extractions they may perform. I've even had the VET give me some supplement. The thing that bothers me is the dead grass. Okay, I've had the VET even give me some supplements to supposedly help with that. I've got an irrigation system, the sprinkler system. I mean, I cannot stay up the pace with.
Speaker 4: The dead grass spots.
Speaker 6: I there's a bunch of patch stuff out there. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, so what your VET was giving you was something to change the pH of the urine and to keep the urine from burning the grass. But more than likely what you more have is dogs are just they're running a path back and forth and back and forth and tearing up that grass and really unless you can let that turf rest a little bit like they do. You know some of the dog parks and stuff where you you know, where they section off and and give it a week here, you know, and then reopen that side. I'm not sure you're going.
Speaker 3: To burning sensation sensation while you're urinating or aft burning the ground or the grass. Okay, burning the grass, because yeah, I recollected burning sensation while urinating.
Speaker 1: I've had that as well. Yeah, I do know.
Speaker 6: That they're both sinhounds, and so if you know how senthounds work, I mean they're you know, it's it's it's their noses, noses to the to the tundra. And uh, I mean they're I mean, they're looking for smells that are wanting to do business. So you're saying, I'm say I'm gonna lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, I used to tell everyone or tape the dog's legs together, but no, but then people got mad. They don't get in trouble Yeah, Peter is going to be all over you for them.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I used to tell people when they would email, said, hey, that was Dick Crumb.
Speaker 3: So well done. Hey Todd, have a great weekend, pal. Thanks for the call. Thanks guys, Todd I m Accord's villain. Hashtag gas pad in two three nine, ten seventy.
Speaker 1: Here is a.
Speaker 3: Text line message at that same number right here, I just got oh. Here it is hashtag ask pad. There are many variants of roundup. Can you give a cliff note version on each one and its usefulness?
Speaker 1: Sure? Thank you. Sure. The white bottle, which is the original roundup, that is the most useful as far as clearing out. There's no soil activity, so it'll kill what's there, but it doesn't keep you from planting seeds. Right behind it say I think they say a week or so so. And then there's a middle one that is, I believe the gold bottle, and what that is is a product that allows you to use it and it will prevent regrowth for three to four months. But here's the nice thing about that one is you can use it underneath existing trees and shrubs. Then there's the killer product that is round up three sixty five. That one would be more for grass fence lines. What you don't want to do with that product is you don't want to use it around the field of roots to desirable shrubs, trees, plants, all that stuff, because you could damage it. So there you go, white bottle, bronze bottle. J six JAMV.
Speaker 3: I don't think science is looking for any toolbags duly noted right there? Hashtag as Pat tell Pat that his grandsid Nelson is playing on the travel baseball team. I'm coaching woo true story right there, Nelson? Yes, well done, Derek, thank you? Hashtag ask Pat would he have any interest in supporting beat baseball? I believe that is our good friend. I think you've done that before, right yeah.
Speaker 1: Beat baseball. Yeah, beat baseball. Glad to Darnel.
Speaker 3: I'm broad ripple, right there, be glad to always doing great stuff? Is Pat Sullivan? Is it too late to treat red thread? Hashtag ass Pet? Did I just walk into something that is?
Speaker 1: Or is that real? It's similar to burning. The red thread is a common lawn fungus. So is it too late? It's not really too late, but you have to remember when you get into September with the cool temperatures, it's going to kind of go away on someone more importantly instead of treating right now. And you could if you want. It's good for the economy. But the most to do is to put in your calendar end of May to put lawn fungicide on, because lawn fungicides are protectives, not killers. So once you have it, and once you're so close to fall, not really that interested in treating it.
Speaker 3: Hashtag gas pad from Nick Walters ask Pad if he's looked into purchasing the old Mcammon's Irish Market in Brownsburg.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They called me a few times on that got my hands full, hands full, he says, yeah, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Understandable. Gritty asked this hashtag gas pad. I have lavender planet that has never flowered. Did I boy the wrong variety or is it weather related?
Speaker 1: You knows? The issue? The key to success in lavender is it needs to be planted in mounds, so you have to mound it up because it does not like wet feet. So if you if it's if it's sitting flat where it's getting water, probably is the issue. So mound it up and you could even in the fall, you could dig it up, make a little mound and get a little higher and see I see what happens.
Speaker 3: Pat Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden The Home and Garden Show tomorrow morning, nine am on ninety three WIBC Canabius.
Speaker 1: Jake still with us?
Speaker 4: He should.
Speaker 3: Jake Querry is live on this afternoon from Quarry and Company. Here is the midday host extraordinary live on location with us this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Jake, where are you?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what we are at Shoey's Appliance, which is right up on ninety sixth Street, right next to Ernie's. And John, this place is awesome. Let me tell you why you and I love Indiana. We love people from Indiana. We love families from Indiana. You're talking about a family owned business now third generation Shoeies and the very best of appliances, whether you're talking about inside the home, whether you're talking about your kitchen, whether you're talking.
Speaker 1: About a wet bar.
Speaker 7: And of course what we're doing, John, is we're making pizzas. We're making pizzas because it only takes two minutes in the new brick oven style that you can make your pizzas right there in your home and under two minutes here at Shoeies. We're doing that and we're giving away tickets for wait for it, the brick yard, four hundred so tickets to give away between now and six o'clock. They are open Monday through Saturday, Monday through Friday, nine to six, on Saturdays from nine until three. But I love it. They're great folks. Been sitting here talking to them. They started out. Grandpa started it all for them back in the Brazil Greencastle area and area you know well, John, and now right here on the north side of Indianapolis. So great to have him in the area. Great to have him helping out everybody's house. And look forward to seeing everybody today until six o'clock and doing a drawing for tickets to the Brickyard.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you again a little bit later on, Jake. We appreciate you dropping in man. We'll send people your direction.
Speaker 7: All right, John, sound so that's good.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Jake Querry of Crowing Company. This afternoon. I hired Jake, you did, Yeah? How long didnye?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know? I hired him as a sports director and then he moved right up yeah over because he started doing the mornings I started doing mornings and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fantastic job.
Speaker 1: That's how you're doing radio, he does. I was subbing in for Pidge and they just gave me a different sports guy there each day Monday through Friday. And then they call him and said, well, which one do you think? I said, Jake's kind of the guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gets it done. There's no doubt about that. We'll send it back out with him coming up a little bit later on as well. Brickyard four hundred weekend. As I mentioned, tomorrow, I'll be at Kroger Crawfordsville Road from nine into eleven with Tyler Reddick. Five wins on the season, one of those being the Daytona five hundred, Tyler Reddick and me tomorrow with Outlaw Light Lagger. And it is a good deal and a good price, so join us. You can get autograph pictures and I did hear that prize and even maybe even ask Tyler Redick for.
Speaker 1: One seventeen bucks a case. I think it's pretty cheap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seventeen I want to say seventeen for a case something like that.
Speaker 1: I believe that was it. Hell, why not? Why not?
Speaker 3: Let's paradise day Watson are you going to come out some time to Paradise day Watson?
Speaker 1: Would you come out on a Sunday?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figure you would. Yeah, have a good time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Fulton is in cicer row up next to two three nine ten seventy hashtag ass pat buddy?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Fulton?
Speaker 1: Hello Fulton, Hey Fulton.
Speaker 4: So I've got some poem with my aunt tombly going on today. Got problems with what I got coming up?
Speaker 1: Ant problems? Hey, did you get rid of the cat puke?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because that would cause ant problems right there. Yeah. So so with your ant problems, Fulton, are they in the kitchen or in your bedroom?
Speaker 4: They're bedroom?
Speaker 1: I thought so today. Okay, Hey, when you got that food from work, where did you eat that food? Aut? Did you eat in your bed?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I I ate?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: So you want to get a little, uh little trap, just a ant trap.
Speaker 1: They're easy to use. You just peel them back. There's a and the ants will swarm them. It might scare you to see how many ants are actually there, all right, So so just look for a little liquid ant trap. You don't sprain anything, you just put them down. You gotta make sure you got to watch the dogs, keep the dogs away from them and stuff. But that's the way to do it, brother.
Speaker 4: Okay, yep, and I just sent you got a picture of my new uhats. You knew what my new softball states that have.
Speaker 1: Oh softball cleats. You got two games tomorrow, don't.
Speaker 4: You in the morning.
Speaker 3: Don't go spiking anybody on that slide into second.
Speaker 8: Okay, Fulton, anybody John, I don't think I've ever heard of all jazz old jazz though, fired up for the game, I buddy, have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: I Saturday.
Speaker 1: Talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Fulton from Cicero with hashtag ass Pat's a good dude.
Speaker 1: He is a good dude. Pin and Beach right here pen Beach, Yes, yep, yep. They actually it's uh kind of they have an experienced thing. Go out and make your own candles and things.
Speaker 3: And these are probably cheaper than Yankee candle for example, right could be I mean cheaper price tag, but smells. It's really what I'm saying, just really the quality.
Speaker 1: You have a favorite.
Speaker 3: Is it cool for dudes to have a favorite candle scent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: I mean it's okay for me to say that I wait, Caleb, do you have a favorite shime in here?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 3: Like when it gets to the fall, John, I'm.
Speaker 5: Sorry, when there's a pump spy a pumpkin candle, it does it's pumpkin pie?
Speaker 1: What what anything pumpkin.
Speaker 3: Pumpkin pie without the crust. I could do that. I could just like rub it off.
Speaker 1: I don't think they can just get the stinguis in a candle. This is the This is the candle without the crust. This is the candle with the crust.
Speaker 3: So are we still dudes?
Speaker 1: If we do have a favorite scented candle? Are we still dudes?
Speaker 3: Considering Caleb today decided to rock with the fall pullage in the pumpkins scented candle, I would say, you're at the line and don't cross it. I just think that you you're you're really right there?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: Does it depend on the season? As Caleb just mentioned, your favorite candle should not know what your favorite candy is. It okay, it's okay because Caleb goes anything pumpkin, that's fine. But if he named a brand and the actual name of the pumpkin candle concerning that's the line right there, You're right that's right. So if I wanted to rock like clothes line scent in January, is that okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely absolutely?
Speaker 3: Are you allowed to have a summer seting that goes on labor because that's what happens with all the white. I've been told that I'm not allowed to wear white after la Oh.
Speaker 1: I know there's but then there's you know, in summer, it's always the freshly cut grass candle, right, that's very popular. Then Christmas is easy because you got a lot of.
Speaker 3: Anything pepper manis anything pine, anything, pine, Christmas tree, sinny. Yes, right in the winter time. What's the winter time like hot cocoa or yeah?
Speaker 1: But I mean I would say the Christmas candles move right through the first quarter and then you get the early spring candles.
Speaker 3: You think the candle actually smells like cut grass. I can hear radios turning off all over the city right now?
Speaker 1: Do we not here? This is? Is this not a manly conversation I'm having right now? Not just punch me in the face. That'll be better.
Speaker 3: I will say this my favorite scented candle of all time, next to Kennon Beach.
Speaker 1: You're starting to get emotional. I'm trying to get emotional.
Speaker 3: Was is it something Midsummer night? Because it was the closest that smelled like a really bad dude cologne.
Speaker 1: Like I mentioned, it was the closest.
Speaker 3: It was like a combination of Dr car Polo and cool.
Speaker 1: Your Yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Reminded me of my efforts of trying to to he and she and getting turned down happens. I always tried to do it. People don't believe it either, because I'm so handsome now, Oh, I know, but you're an ugly little kid, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: As hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I never want to get caught up in ladies Choice snowball at the Western Skateland because there was one dude. Yeah, that's why I I'm still scarred. You don't know what Lady's choice snowball is, all right, So here's what happens.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So the DJ at Western Skateland, the skating place, plays Reo Speedwagon and keep on loving you. That's kind of your cue.
Speaker 1: All the girls go to the wall, No.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, all the guys go to the wall, and you stand on the wall and the girls skate around and select reach out for the one they want to skate with.
Speaker 1: Guess who was always stuck on the wall. And this was like.
Speaker 3: Green County stuck on the wall. Seriously, I couldn't even get girls in Green County to grab my hand and want to skate and I could sell a little. How many dudes were left on the wall. I had to go play gallaghal with all the other nerds. And this is a true story right there. That's painful Gallagher.
Speaker 1: With the other nerds.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow morning ninety three, WYB. Is Denny going to be there?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Denny will be there. Terry will not. She's out at the is Is this the opening week of the fair? No? No, on July?
Speaker 3: No, you're right, Terry's just not ready to go back to school. Back to school time is now, though, That's right, that's for sure. No, it's it's about that time though, you guys. Home and Garden Show nine until one until one. Denny called on Saturday night and I could it was so I didn't get to him in time. He hung up and a call back. I'm glad, but I can see I can kind of see now who calls in?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really? So yeah, they have a caller ID for me down there. That's cool.
Speaker 3: So any of you jackasses out there. I want to get smart. I'll see who's calling in and I'll call you back and I will haunt you for the rest of your lives, exactly right, Uh, Sullivan hardway, God, you guys got great deals going on too quickly.
Speaker 1: And we just got some needs in. I just got the text message. So I don't know how many.
Speaker 3: Uh did you see my Gecko video by the way, Gecko or not? No, my my Gecko the lizard video? One one second here, Caleb, I know we got a run. This is gonna be really good, right we got but yeah, it was two lizards in there trying to he and she on the deck over at the Watson's real here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see we'll get yeah. Oh wow, yeah something Where was it?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Much like me, he chased her off. I'm glad you held the break. It chased her off, So yeah, I should have brought that up a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very nu. We'll save that right, Little malth Islan will take care of that, alight.
Speaker 6: Pal.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, John.
Speaker 3: That's Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden hashtag ass pat Top of the Hour, Jeff rab John's I believe on location. South America is still right with the Indiana Hoo's your basketball program. That and the latest with the football team as well. Coming up with Jeff Top of the Hour, Garth Brooks tickets to Naughty three five, one oh seven five The Fan, the ride with JMV.
Speaker 2: I got all of the go ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan here.
Speaker 5: Lebron James signed with the Philadelphia No way, what series.
Speaker 3: I just pitched him for the Pacers.
Speaker 1: It didn't get to him fast enough to him the seventy six Ers.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go wait for the NBA schedule to come out and make sure I have my tickets reserve for when the seventy six Ers.
Speaker 4: Come play the Pacers because those are always hard to get.
Speaker 6: But happy for him.
Speaker 3: Caitlyn Clark regarding the Lebron James decision. The sequel, Actually this would be like the equivalent sequel, wise of Lebron James making basketball change of pace decisions of Jason takes Manhattan Friday the thirteenth. I think that's how deep we are into this right now. So with the Quadruple times ten sequel of Lebron James making a basketball related decision and change of destination he has selected as he is ring chasing the Philadelphia seventy six ers. That was Caitlyn Clark am part of All Star Weekend a little bit earlier today of the Indiana Fever, talking about that decision, as they say, was fluid earlier this afternoon. And how many different pages did Lebron James need on X to tell everybody what he was doing, Like fifteen different ones.
Speaker 5: John, you're not a fan, and I don't see you doing this on Twitter. You're short and sweet with your Twitter posts.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling Brian to stop blinking a minute ago, stop riping. I said it in different ways, but yes, I.
Speaker 1: Had a couple of paragraphs.
Speaker 5: So he's not You and him are on two different wavelengths when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: Got to explain it all.
Speaker 3: He is going to the seventy six ers, and again, as I mentioned earlier, I'm not at all downplaying the fact that if he is going to be the fourth scoring option on that team, they're probably going to be really good. Staked out in the Eastern Conference, maybe made some strides.
Speaker 1: Let's just say this, Max.
Speaker 3: Is good when healthy embiid is good. Although This is not going to be like Embiid versus Miles back in the day, which, if you remember that to be true, was always a nightmarish evening for me.
Speaker 1: I do kind of miss that a little bit.
Speaker 3: I miss Miles Turner here, and when Miles Turner had a bad night, you guys would all rip my ass. I didn't even play. I didn't attempt to block a shot. I didn't get to rebounds close to it. Sitting at home, I didn't miss shots. Embiid didn't score forty on me, but I just got rid. I kind of missed that a little bit. I think we have lost a little bit of the momentum. I think I need something like that would say it'd be easy if you jumped into this whole fever stuff. Some of that is so ridiculously stupid. I just can't do it.
Speaker 1: But I think i'd.
Speaker 3: Miss it a little bit. Every time he had a bad game, I got blamed. When he had a good game, nobody said anything about it.
Speaker 1: I missed those days.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to do that again, the ring Chaser the final time around. I think the Pacers when he drops in here with Philly, where they play like three four times.
Speaker 1: Right this season, they're going to give him.
Speaker 3: A rocking chair and his final appearance at the Fieldhouse, how about just giving him a doorknob, as in, don't let the doorknob hit you where the Good Lord split you.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 3: Just give him a doorknob on his way out? Actually, on two for.
Speaker 5: The NBA Cup, the Sixers and the Pacers are in.
Speaker 3: The same Yeah, how many times they're gonna be playing like ninety?
Speaker 1: This could be like.
Speaker 5: Five, gross, like it could be even more than four. You never know, just based on how it shakes out in the tournament.
Speaker 3: That was Caitlin Clark talking about how she had just tried to recruit Lebron James here and I lost any enthusiasm of what might be or the mystery of it when Tyree Saliburton had mentioned that he had asked Lebron and tried to recruit him himself here, and Lebron responded with the laughing emoji. Honestly, if I'm looking at anything on the Pacers schedule this year, I want them to kick the absolute crap out of the seventy six Ers every single time, every single time the laughing emoji. I know I shouldn't get all sensitive and been out of shape about that, alas I do the laughing emoji. Is it bad of me to sit here and hope that that whole thing just completely falls apart and gets flushed right down the toilet?
Speaker 1: Be great? The laughing emoji?
Speaker 3: IU Butler exhibition hinkle Fieldhouse coming up in October. They'll return the favor down in Bloomington the year after. First time for IU and Butler to play in Hinkel, first time the Hoosiers playing Ankle since obviously nineteen ninety three. I believe are good friend Brian Evans. I have to look back at that box score. They have twenty plus in that game. Brian Evans was so good, but it was not if you remember Butler one not a good day for IU basketball, then great day for Butler basketball. I'll be top of is the Brickyard four hundred pace card driver shout out to Obie for that. And CBS NFL analyst Tony Romo pinched on suspicion of ow I and has a smirk. Is that a smirk or a smile in the mugshot?
Speaker 1: I would say smirk. He's very smirkish and smilish.
Speaker 5: It's not quite to the definition of smile. But you're right, it is. It is hovering right there. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, JMV. Give Lebron the finger.
Speaker 3: No doorknob, just here's the doorknob for you, as in, don't let it hit you with a good lord split you in that final game here right, So true, JMV. Always managing that load in NDY, the load manage. How much load management? The Sixers will lead the league in the load management this year, won't they.
Speaker 1: They have to.
Speaker 5: I think Jalen Brown and Maxie are guys that play John, but Lebron and embiide or not. And that's my thing with this whole thing, Like I don't think I think they're coasting through the regular season.
Speaker 3: Michael Hoffman says j V. Reddick actually won the first three races of the season, which was a record. I have that right here in front of me too. Daytona, Atlanta and the Circuit of Americas, or as the late great Donnie Baker would say, the Circus of Americas first three and then did not when Vegas or Darlington came back and no check that did not win Phoenix or Vegas and then came back and won at Darlington has since won in Kansas, but I believe five on the season so far included the Daytona five hundred is me, Tyler Reddick and all of you coming up tomorrow the Speedway Crawfordsville Road location of Kroger Outlaw Light Lagger one hundred and five calories in that beer that is just under the wire, so I can enjoy it and you should too. Not until eleven coming up tomorrow morning, that is at the Speedway Crawfordsville location or a road location I should say of Kroger or as they say, well I'm from Kroger's. We'll be there at Kroger's one more time too. Yesterday was outstanding Speedway City Garage. I want to thank everybody that showed up out there. The place was absolutely packed. You know how much I love enthusiastic places. The people. We stayed until close because our basketball guys wisked out last night and canceled late. Could you tell Caleb Caleb plays basketball with us now whenever I play, and you are privy to me and the text threads that they send out, could you tell that I was very unhappy about that ridiculous decision last night of the massive wors out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I could tell you you don't hold any words, and yeah, I mean kind of the way it went down was kind kind of crappy.
Speaker 1: It was weak. And let me tell you this.
Speaker 3: I may be a fan of scented candles, but this fan of scented candles from Penn and Beach that Pat Sullivan brought here a moment ago, this fan knows how to and needs to man up some folks in that text thread because they are all They're just a couple in there, Caleb that already willing and able to want to what's out as soon as something. And I know that Landis is now working at Orange Theory, so he's probably gonna break in half next week from that.
Speaker 1: Everybay they're just waiting.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know now, Oh you only have ten Well, really, five on five only takes ten numb nuts.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: And I'd go four on five.
Speaker 1: I love four on four. I don't want to go four on four and full on corn.
Speaker 3: It's gonna make me tired. I was a little upset last night. God, I was all ready.
Speaker 1: For it, going to the weekend.
Speaker 3: Get me set, got to grill some luscious meats later on tonight at home. Now it's going to be me carrots and hummus thanks to that misadventure last night. Thanks guys, thanks a lot, JAMV. No chance Philly wins the title this year. No bench, that is true. Keep in mind pace of play, the importance that I stress with this Pacer team that maximize their ability to take teams to the brink simply because of their style of play, their brand of basketball. They take advantage of what teams with crapwater benches. I'm right there with you on that. Embiid will get hurt and Lebron will never win a title his first year with any team. Now he's won, we should say, everywhere he's decided to go. So all of these Friday the thirteenth sequel locations that he has decided upon, he's won ultimately, but not in the first year. Greick break. We'll come back. Jeff rab John's on location. We'll talk about the IU commitment they got at quarterback, one of the best in the country, four star guy too. We'll get into that and how the basketball team is looking as we get closer to the start of the football season. The defending national champion Hoosiers and Jeff rab John's Top of the Hour, Garth Brooks tickets also coming up, got a weather forecast ready to rock here too, let me.
Speaker 5: Do and yeah right here, John, We're good.
Speaker 3: And this date in sports history is significant for one of my favorite all time players who has never decided to be on this show, has never wanted to be on this show, never accepted the invite, the many invites, but he is still one of my all time favorite players. A significant moment in baseball history for the George Brent That more coming up. Quick Break will come back to you after this weather update. Courtesy of Fox fifty nine