Speaker 1: The phrase per Second podcast.
Speaker 2: What's Good Everybody? This is ride Man back with another film review man.
Speaker 3: Today we are reviewing the Netflix hit The Rip.
Speaker 2: I am not here along, We're here with me. I got Kennethy Inch it's good.
Speaker 3: Spike was good. Bro, got Mike's town yea. And I guess who's back? We got Nick Man?
Speaker 2: What's good Man? How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Bro, I'm just trying to stay warmer inside.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: It's at cold Front.
Speaker 2: Outside.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm in Russia. It's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Man, good to have you back.
Speaker 3: Always always a place you still be on the Patreon though, right, you.
Speaker 2: Still be doing.
Speaker 5: Patre Jalen or me and Lou. Me and Lou actually got some I'm still on.
Speaker 4: His text Yo.
Speaker 5: Have to get off the movies yesterday.
Speaker 4: So I guess he's still watching the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all the way off when they restarted and they had to restart by ship.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, yeah, man. So make sure y'all go check uh check us and Nick out on our Patreon. Man, we still got stuff going over there. Patreon dot com for slash uh frandse per Second. It's the first and second friend. I never can remember first second podcast is just phrase per second, one of them. Once you put it, you should get there. But anyway, man, yeah, man, we're here to review The Rip, which is uh an action They tailed as an action thriller film written by Joe carnahan, who developed a story with Michael mcgrail.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 3: It stars Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Uh Tianna Taylor's in this thing, so it had had pretty got like a star studied cast for the most part. But yeah, man, just want to go around the room first before we get into it and.
Speaker 2: See how you guys felt about it. I'll start with you, Spike, how did you feel about the Rip?
Speaker 5: I liked it.
Speaker 6: This reminded me of like just the old school, like the Town and Heat, just like a movie, like you knew you wasn't signing up for too much. They gave you exactly what you was looking for, that gave you a couple of twists.
Speaker 5: It was predictable a little bit as far as seeing what was coming.
Speaker 6: But I think Ben Aflack, Matt Damon, everybody did a really good job in this.
Speaker 5: The action was good.
Speaker 6: It held your attention long enough to like try to figure out what was going on and who did it, but it worked for me. It reminded me of like the Town and Heat, old school actions.
Speaker 3: That's man, that's big putting it up there with heat.
Speaker 5: Not as good.
Speaker 1: It reminded me.
Speaker 5: It ain't as good as one of those movies.
Speaker 2: Did.
Speaker 6: I've seen the notes that they were trying to play in this movie and callbacks to old action movies.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I heard you say something, uh uh, so, how do you feel about it?
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna ask you said you said this is a hit.
Speaker 5: I didn't know if it was a hit or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got good reviews people, it's number one. It's number one on Netflix. But I know a lot of movies that come out and usually be number one on Netflix.
Speaker 3: But no, that's that's why I say that it's a hit. Like I said, it's not getting bad reviews.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: This is a This is a decent This is a decent movie. I wouldn't even think about mentioning it in the sentence of the Town and He, but it's a it's a decent movie. I think, like you mentioned, rather, the star study cast does a lie to kind of make up for the gaps that we'll get into.
Speaker 5: But overall, it's not terrible.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's two for two. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 7: Can As an action movie, I think that's contest is important. You shouldn't expect or really get a lot out of action movies these days. But as an actual movie, it worked, you know. I think they had enough suspense drama leading all the way up, you know, halfway through the movie. Then you started to kind of figure some stuff out. But up to that part, I think it was it was working.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I was hearing things about it when you referred to it as a hit rod, Like the interest for me peaked when I was hearing other people started to talk about it as well. So I was like, okay, so let me see what this movie is about. And then that's how to start all the people in And I was like, damn, like Tessa Thompson getting all the roles right now?
Speaker 8: But oh yeah, to.
Speaker 1: Be fair, are t t but yeah, she's in all this ship.
Speaker 7: So no, I think as an actual movie, man, I think it worked, and I think it worked specifically for Netflix, you know. So yeah, I enjoyed it. I don't feel like I wasted too much.
Speaker 1: Of my trap.
Speaker 5: It's a big dom what's up, domb.
Speaker 2: You can't hear you?
Speaker 5: Never mind?
Speaker 3: Hold on a second. Yeah, all right, so all right, three for three? That's what's up? Mike?
Speaker 2: How you? How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 5: Three for three?
Speaker 3: D Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean it was fine for what it was.
Speaker 9: It definitely got I'll say this, it did. It did tension very very, very well, because there were numerous times where I was like.
Speaker 5: What the fuck is going on? What is happening? Oh, Glenn, you better go, But it was fine.
Speaker 9: By the time it ended, I was like, all right, that was kind of whack because I didn't I didn't like the way it ended.
Speaker 5: It was a huge tease. It was a huge tea, especially with all these.
Speaker 4: Cast members, like the I feel like the budget of this movie, Like if I was the editor, I'd be like, DN, we used all these motherfuckers for this.
Speaker 5: I guess.
Speaker 9: I'm also kind of confused about the stars studded, but well, I guess we'll get to that because it didn't seem star studied to.
Speaker 7: Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, you know, and I guess up and coming, all right, fine, star, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Stephen you he's a great actor. He's really he really got a star. He's not a big star like that.
Speaker 7: Nah, you're right, you're right, you're right, you're right. I don't know the word for it. So you got the two stars and then you got some well known actors or up and coming or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know the descriptive for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not saying anybody was a slouch or anything like that.
Speaker 9: I was just it didn't seem like this was one of those movies where it was like, oh man, they got all these heavy hitters in one film.
Speaker 5: I gotta see it.
Speaker 9: It was like, oh, it's Ben Affleck and Matt Damon together again. Because like, I don't think people care about them like that anymore.
Speaker 1: Mmm?
Speaker 2: Do they?
Speaker 5: I could be wrong, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm not in that world of Matt Damon Ben Affleck films. But it doesn't seem like they're on top like that anymore.
Speaker 4: They Ben Affleck. I think they're still like a listers because ben Affleck just had a good franchise with The Accountant, The Accountant, and then Matt Damon's about to be in the Odyssey, So like I think that, Yeah, But I do agree with your other point as far as like the other actors. I guess because I'm fans of most of them and their work. I was thinking, like, Okay, I was locked in because of that, but I can see most people not knowing who the fuck they are.
Speaker 2: Got So, y'all wasn't feeling the r I p ending?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: But the rest of peace? That wasn't feeling the rest of peace ending?
Speaker 3: I thought it was a double n Tandra because they got the because the detective name, you know, Jackie or whatever, and then they were looking out at the sun set and it was terrible. Finally probably they could rest in peace. Finally she could.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's wheen of the worst endings I've seen it in a.
Speaker 3: While, because I do not know what I never heard of this terminology rip.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I've never heard it before. But yeah, I guess I'm I'm kind of on the island because it seemed like Mike kinda kind of liked it as well.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought this was born.
Speaker 3: I really I did not enjoy this at all, honestly, like this, this this just was man, even for Netflix, even for a Netflix movie.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know, what the.
Speaker 10: Did you you remember what day you watched it, right, Because I watched it on a Friday night and I was hype thinking it was gonna be like a Friday night movie, like it's a good action you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It didn't hit like Yeah, that's what I was asking, like, because to me, if you watch it on a weekday, then maybe it hits better. But it made the word itself like it was a primetime movie.
Speaker 5: I did watch it after I watched Mare the Supreme.
Speaker 2: A really good point.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I like watch Dog to watch.
Speaker 6: That's a good point right there, because I did watch it at the Supreme.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, ship, But see, I don't even think it was that much action to like an hour in like shoot him up?
Speaker 2: So nothing like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we had the intense part in the beginning, which we were getting too in the second, but I just didn't think. It wasn't much action into what we thought was the cartels showed up, So I.
Speaker 6: Think, like Mike said, they did a good job of building tension and it wasn't a lot of action to your point, but the tension building was really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just didn't feel it, but it wasn't it wasn't inspired by a true story in Miami Miami Dade County and Sheriff Chris Casiano. The film tells the story of a group of police officers who, during the raid of a hitting cash operation, find their trust broken down as team members suspect each other of trying to steal a large summer cash So, so, yeah, it is inspired by our true story. So I was intrigued by that because I usually like that. But yeah, man, this on this won't even grabbed me, but I will get into it.
Speaker 2: Uh. So it starts off we see a detective like, uh, pretty much running from two guys trying to assassinate her to the point where they actually did assassinate her. At the end, did this did this pool? You guys in it all?
Speaker 1: I think it's your your typical action. Mm hmm. I just wanted.
Speaker 5: I was wondering who she was texting.
Speaker 6: There was that urgent that she she was getting shattered, but.
Speaker 7: It's it's First of all, I was like, why don't you just climb in the water and and get away, because you're like right.
Speaker 1: There, Like why are you just gonna lay there and die?
Speaker 7: But no, I thought I'm not gonna lie like when she was walking and they shot ass like bow oh ship like at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I will, I will give you that. I was not expecting them to just shoot the cold blood like that.
Speaker 4: M I thought it was I don't know, I may be sucked up. I thought it was hilarious when she told the old girl, oh, yeah, you're gonna be safe, and then she ended up dying.
Speaker 5: You can't even protect yourself. You're talking about them in hinde insights.
Speaker 6: She was talking to the girl at the house though, right, yes, she was talking for the phone car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I did think it was very I mean, it was a definitely attention grabber to be like, oh shit, they just taking out cops like this with it shotting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody else had any thoughts on how this thing open up?
Speaker 5: I wanted to watch him just get back in the fucking car.
Speaker 4: Wasn't they shooting? Wasn't they shooting by her car?
Speaker 9: She got out of the car, took a couple of steps and got shot, and then ran further away.
Speaker 1: From the car.
Speaker 9: I was like, are you stupid? Just go back to your cars right there? And I was like, what text? I can't remember when of y'all just said this, but I wanted to echo it. I don't know how this text could be that important that you're spending it and then you throw it in the water and just like all right, kill me, and then we find out what the text was.
Speaker 5: Really that's what it was.
Speaker 7: That you died for in the other partment, like is after this they spent they were hyping her up, like you just can't ambush Jackie, Like you take Jackie out, you're a badass motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 5: I'm with you can It was like Jackie Jackie got out and immediately got shot.
Speaker 9: Jack didn't even look around. I look around when I got the car in the supermarket. Jackie just got out hel confidence.
Speaker 4: They talked about it like she was Jackie Brown.
Speaker 5: For real jesus.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then then we after that scene where where uh it's cut to uh, I guess uh people of the Narcotics Using Unit, the tn T referred to as tn T, they are questioned about, you know, uh, everything that that transpired, like you know who who could have done it? Because I guess there's a lot of like corruption going on in the department right now. So you got the fans in there. You got the tn T team. Well tn T uh, how did you guys?
Speaker 2: I did do that? I had to catch myself.
Speaker 5: Here has no tn T team, it's t n T T.
Speaker 2: But they questioned it pretty much, this whole team.
Speaker 3: And and then we had that scene with Ben ben Affleck and uh, his brother, who was a fair Any of this part intrigue you guys at all them talking to any of the people that they had to talk to, like any of this capture of the Only.
Speaker 9: Thing that captured me is I want to know why to fuk Ben Affleck had that tight ass shirt on.
Speaker 1: You saw when he took off his shirt, He's real, Oh you know what can.
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 12: That's probably oh wow, this crossing not in my nature.
Speaker 6: What was you saying, Mike, Nothing?
Speaker 5: But no, this part didn't grab me.
Speaker 4: So I fuck with interrogation scenes with cops, like cops interrogating each other, and that's always the hot head that always just talking ship Like I just loved it, and it was like, you know, we got to see how they were interviewing different people. But yeah, I loved us see especially obviously been acting when we come to find out as his brother in the movie.
Speaker 1: I think I was.
Speaker 5: Bully you're all. I liked it. It worked for me.
Speaker 6: I like to cutting to the different scenes talking to the different cops, just kind of showing like they were on the same page in the sense of why why are y'all talking to us?
Speaker 1: So I liked it.
Speaker 5: I think it was a good set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it worked.
Speaker 7: I mean, we've seen these sort of scenes and movies before, So I liked how they delayed the introduction of Ben.
Speaker 1: You know, they were talking to different people and then they went to Bend. I thought that was good.
Speaker 7: And then you know, even even the reveal that that was his brother.
Speaker 1: I thought that that was good too. How they set that up and did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was okay.
Speaker 3: I was still giving it a chance at this point because, like I said, it was just like any typical film like this, interrogations and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that. So I was okay with it.
Speaker 3: But then we moved further and Dan, who was played by Matt Damon, gets a tip that about the stash house uh in high Hyaliyah, and then he's gonna lead his fellow detectives and uh to go to this place, ah to check it out. Essentially, uh anything about any moment here that stuck out to y'all when when they came up to the house, any of that him getting the tip, like wonder, wonder who that came from? I know Mike had mentioned it before, Like what what? Why was this text so important? Did anything stick out about this moment.
Speaker 6: He kept age the number I noticed just before he even pointed it out, okay, because he was telling like people kept asking him how much was it for? And he just had these various numbers, and I didn't know if it was me if I was tripping.
Speaker 5: I was like, why he keep saying a different numb was purpose?
Speaker 6: So that that's what stuck out to me about this scene, Like I didn't know if he was setting something up or if he was dirty.
Speaker 5: They did a good job of being in Biggie was with.
Speaker 6: It in the sense of he's doing this because he dirty or is he trying to find out who dirty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't actually catch it at first.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I was tired or sleepy, but that I didn't catch at first that he was given different number. I know he never had a number because it just said dollar signs. So I was wondering where he got that number from uh. But yeah, I didn't pick up on the fact that he was giving different numbers to everybody at first, anybody else did.
Speaker 4: I thought he I noticed he was giving different numbers, but the mounts kept getting smaller, so I thought that he was just saying different numbers to be like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he could like that's how much money.
Speaker 4: He was like, can like take away from it so everybody wouldn't know like he was, you know, stealing, you know, skimming off the top. But yeah, I just noticed that because I think the the text message said three hundred K at first, and then he said two hundred K and then one fifty. So I was like, oh, this is just how much he wants to steal from it. Like I thought he was getting more greedier. As for every time someone asked him, what did you say three hundred K?
Speaker 2: I don't remember that the text. I thought they just had dollars times. Did he get another text? It was?
Speaker 5: I remember seeing a three hundred K text.
Speaker 4: But but like you said, Rob, when they kept showing different ones, it seemed like I don't know if that was like a new text, that the last text that she said to him, or that was the original text she got.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just remember there was.
Speaker 9: No there were a couple, but I thought I saw three hundred two. But maybe I imagine it just like Nick did. But everything else Nick said, I'm with because I was like, I thought he was just planning on how much he was going to steal, So that's why the number was changing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like so with that being said, did y'all suspect anybody at this point?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Who who did y'all suspect?
Speaker 3: Did y'all expect it to be the captain or someone else in the in the in the team at this point?
Speaker 5: I thought, Yeah, I thought he was dirty.
Speaker 6: At this point, they did a good job of like making you look at him sideways from their speech in the bathroom that he gave with Ben Affleck talk about he tired of this and don't want to do it anymore, to just two different numbers in the text and wanting to get them to do it off duty like all of it like for me, pointed to like I sum up with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So they discovered twenty million in there and drug cartel cash in the attict du Mars. He realizes that it's a high risk associated with it. So that's why. And I read up on this too that his standard like when it's something like this, they have to count it on site.
Speaker 2: I know, mm hm. So that's a true thing. So yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Read that that you know, in in Miami specifically, when they seize that large amount of.
Speaker 2: Money, they have have to they have to count it right then and there. Uh man, you see, And so that's why he started confiscating everybody's phone.
Speaker 3: Uh and then but role, the one that play by Glenn, he has a burner phone. So so at this point, y'all saying that y'all think, y'all think it's him, y'all don't think it's Ben Afflick or I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was Ben Affleck even before because of the bathroom scene, because they kept on doing them little flashbacks with Ben Affleck sleeping with Jackie and he fucked up. He killed Jackie, and now he trying to take that information that he learned from her and steal the money or whatever. Because at this because remember we don't know who shot her. We just see two guys in masks, so I'm thinking he was one of them. And the way he kept on questioning Matt Damon's character, Like as we've gone along with move, it just felt like he was just doing that to kind of see where his head was at, to see if you know, how he would be to get through was still in his money.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was thinking the opposite.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, I mean totally different, just like Ken.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that that first it seemed like it was so when they made it seem like it was Matt Damon, I'm like, Okay, so is this movie gonna be about him being or turning corrupt and their friendship being challenged? Is that the movie they're gonna give us? But you know so, uh, we didn't get that, But I never thought it was it was.
Speaker 5: Ben Affleck, neither neither Matt Damon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think they they they wade the scaled for us as the viewers to think it was Matt Damon. In my I think they were leaning really heavy on Ben Affleck, saying you're not doing stuff right, the little side glances collecting the phones. I really thought it was Matt Damon, And I was like Ken at that point, thinking Okay, so what kind of movie is just gonna be? Since we know it's Matt Damon, it's the dirty one. How it was just gonna play out like people gonna convert to his side, like, what's gonna happen here?
Speaker 5: Well, well, we'll get to it later.
Speaker 9: But I thought a very specific thing after this, because of how because of how much they just gave away the plot and oh, this is definitely Matt Damon.
Speaker 5: But we'll get to it. But yeah, I never thought it was Glenn.
Speaker 9: I never thought it was Ben Affleck, and I never thought it was the girl from the Girl from From I just thought it was Matt Damon's ass.
Speaker 6: Now, I will say, and it's all sound like, but I would suspect of Kyle Chandler.
Speaker 5: I would suspect of the DA dude.
Speaker 6: When they was outside talking and he was talking about how much you get to pay his boys overtime and this that and the third and just how he was presented as a character, I felt like, Okay, something up with him. They wouldn't have Kyle Chandler just playing this random dude just walk up four or five scenes. I thought that he would come back into play. I don't know him, so didn't stick with me. He gonna be in the Lanterns show coming up?
Speaker 5: Is that like a good.
Speaker 4: Saying like you're gonna you're gonna see how he You're gonna seehi more like he's starting to get his act and stuff again.
Speaker 5: Gotcha, y'all. No, I'm not bad after like nobody.
Speaker 9: I definitely, It's just when he popped up, I didn't have the same opinion of you where it's like, oh, he's got to be somebody because he's this yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So after this money count and they started counting money and all of that, we started suspecting people. Uh, the police show up, and it's a really weird exchange when the police shows up, and so almost seems like, okay, y'all need to get up out of here because you know, it's like a cartel town because you notice there's no activity on the street.
Speaker 2: It's real quiet, like oh ship this this is this is set up or whatever.
Speaker 3: So uh, they immediately say, okay, yeah, we should go ahead and ourselves and get ready for whatever is about to go.
Speaker 2: Down as we count this cash. How you guys feeling at this point about everything.
Speaker 7: They're extremely brave, you know, like you it's twenty mil in that house and that's not that's like not chump change. Like they weren't not gonna let twenty mil just just go. And they knew that, so and they picked it up. It's like, oh, they're definitely lookouts, being recognized one of the guys, etcetera. So I was like, okay, so the movie here is gonna be them hold up in the house fighting off the cartel until help arrived.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's exactly what I thought I would. They wouldn't have had to tell me twice take what you want to leave.
Speaker 5: That's what I was gonna get to.
Speaker 3: As soon as nobody at call.
Speaker 4: As soon as old girls said that, I'm like, that's a sign from Jesus. That's It's like finding twenty dollars on the ground ride.
Speaker 5: You ain't got to wait for nobody to tell you looking for especially after the phone call. After the phone call said take what you want to leave too, we got it here. I was out. I'm just trying to I'm trying to say, you know, save my life. You know they say the tops say what they say, Mike to go home to my family.
Speaker 9: I guess this this this we didn't we didn't talk about it. Uh, but I was already thrown off when they got to the house.
Speaker 5: And they told the I forget her name. They told DESI I think.
Speaker 9: We're They were just like, yeah, you know, you sign this and let us in or whatever, and then she did it, and of course they pushed their way in whatever whatever. But when we get to the end, it makes that scene not really make any sense because it's like, why would you want them to come in there if you wanted.
Speaker 6: She wanted them in there? No, because she told Gerda died about it. No, she was a confidential informant. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I thought she was like she was told by the drug cartel that they do come in, just let them in, let them take what they want, and then let them leave, like because it was already a compromised spot when we find out because of the cop killing, it was a compromise.
Speaker 1: So I think she was told that.
Speaker 7: But I also think that part of the reason why she let them in was because she thought that they were coming looking coming there to look for drugs. At least that's what I was thinking at first, Mike. And when they were like, yeah, we're not here looking for the dog doesn't look for drugs, it looks for money, that's when she was like, oh, ship, yes.
Speaker 9: So that's that's what I'm saying. That's why it doesn't make any sense when everything gets broken. She has a face fight when they when they say, oh, we have a dog that's just for money, she goes, oh, like she's surprised. But if she's a confidential informant and she wanted them to come in there, why was she acting surprised.
Speaker 2: You know she she had.
Speaker 5: Already told the lady that got killed that there was money there. Yes, So this.
Speaker 9: Ship when I started to think back, I'm like, wait a minute, is this a hole that y'all just didn't think through or am my bugging because it didn't make any sense?
Speaker 2: Get to.
Speaker 5: Sorry Spike, No, I say, you're right, I see what you say.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, So to get to Rod's part, you were asking like, is this the part where Glenn is outside and everything is dark and the lights are blinking?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So with no, this is when the cops showed up.
Speaker 2: That's that's around the same time.
Speaker 1: Right, Oh, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Know you're doing well.
Speaker 9: When he sent Glenn outside and then he walked up behind him, was like you okay or whatever, And he had just sent that text to the with the earner phone. This is when I thought. I was like, oh, okay, I don't know why my brain went here. I was like, oh, there must be like vampires or something in the because they don't do that to me can because they had given the story away. So I was like, okay, so we know it's Matt Damon. Matt Damon's being all weird, and then Glenn's outside and the lights start flashing and he's like, oh, yeah, it's Morse code. I was like, okay, what else could it be because fucking Cartel.
Speaker 5: Doesn't use Morse code vampires.
Speaker 9: I didn't know anything about this movie until y'all said we had to watch it.
Speaker 3: You watched way too many horrors broke to your point.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was vampires, but I'm thinking it's twenty twenty six. Who knows Morse code unless you're a history buff. That's why I was I was getting. I thought the tension was there because he was saying, like we see all these lights or like all the lights started flashing, but there's no cars, you hear, no people in this neighborhood. That's why I was like, they was like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 9: That's why I thought it was a horror movie, Nick, because I was like, the neighborhood is completely empty, there's it's dark, and this girl's acting mad weird. I was like, Okay, this must be a horror movie. And then the fact that Ben Affleck just knew because they flashed like three or four lights and he was like, oh, he had a sentence.
Speaker 5: I was like, you got all that from them five bulbs. I don't believe that it spelled out P I G. And he said, you're right right here.
Speaker 6: It was simple to your I thought there was money and all I thought it was money in all the houses. That's what I thought. There's nobody hearing this money in all of these I did too.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just a cartil like stash neighborhood way.
Speaker 5: To say that.
Speaker 6: They was like, you know, the cartel buys up blocks of houses, and they went way to do that.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was gonna be like a massive like because the cars, because yeah, they made they talked about the cartel buying homes. I thought like a bunch of them was gonna come out with guns and be because they know that those cops are alone and they don't you know what I'm saying I thought it was gonna be like holding down the house.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I I uh yeah. Before they said it, I was like, wait, the motherfuckers just buy the whole damn uh blocked subdivision? Yeah, which was which would have been? Which you know, seemed like that's exactly what they did. But I'm like, you too, Spiking Nick. I was questioning how the hell Glenn didn't know that ship was Morse Cold, because as soon as that ship started blinking, I'm like, oh, that's Morse Cold.
Speaker 1: How the fuck did he not know that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then uh and then what's his name? Walked out? It was like and then they did again. He's talking about he thought it was an electrical short.
Speaker 1: Well, you a.
Speaker 7: Terrible ass fucking cop like I would think that most people in those sort of positions, the military, the cops, et cetera, et cetera, would know Morse codes versus people that are not.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Was he trying to throw him off. Maybe he knew what it was and did want to tell him because he.
Speaker 5: Was though he ain't. I don't know I was gonna shoot him. Bail on the fact of.
Speaker 4: As movie as movie watchers, we can we can come to conclusions quicker than what I would think in the reality of it.
Speaker 5: If I'm going to a cartel area, I'm not thinking they know more.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna think it's an electrical second before I go to Morse code, because I'm I ain't never seen a cartailer morse code or heard about.
Speaker 7: But the way they would have that communicy yeah, sorry, yeah, I would I would like to think that they would.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, I would like to think that they would establish some form of communication, communication communicating without you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure they got some form of they have yeah, yeah cards.
Speaker 3: So anyway, we move on after that scene, a call comes in and an unknown call comes in saying, you know, basically telling them, threaten them to leave the house, nobody needs to die for like one hundred K or something like that.
Speaker 2: And that's where one hundred and fifty k that's what it was.
Speaker 3: And Burn confronts Dumart for line about the original tip, which he refuses to show him, and then he's fearing that the lieutenant is prepared to steal the money.
Speaker 2: So now he's thinking that he's going to steal the money.
Speaker 3: Now at this point, y'all still thinking, is Matt Damon's character and he's he's plotting to steal Okay, go ahead, Oh.
Speaker 1: I wasn't.
Speaker 7: He for him to be a cop and a season cop. I'm like, he's saying this ship way too too loud in front of her so she can hear. He's doing that ship on purpose, and he's trying to steal that ship.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't let her.
Speaker 7: Here anything, So I'm like, why is he making sure that she hears what he's saying. I didn't know the rest of the movie, like, but she's doing that on purpose to maybe try to get the cartail bosses to come out or something like this, that and the other, you know, And then you know, me and my wife watching it together, and she was the one she was like, nah, Glenn isdrly dirty.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I wasn't suspecting bro Bro Mike Row at all, but she was like, he's he's dirty. But I was like, nah, now something's up with with Dan because he's there's no way he's that sloppy.
Speaker 1: I just refuse to believe it.
Speaker 7: I said, So, I think he's trying to flush out the people that's really you know, doing whatever it is that they're doing.
Speaker 3: And then the add to the two, Athletic's character called the DA agent Maddie, who also suggests that it is Dumar and that he's been and he was also involved with the death of Jackie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and that's what I started to suspect him.
Speaker 7: I'm like, oh, I think he's involved in this whole thing too, And I said, they're they're trying to get them there.
Speaker 5: Which one's Dumar again, Kyle cha.
Speaker 1: Kyle's favorite.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Matt Dumars Matt Damon's character.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean.
Speaker 6: See, that's what confused me because at that point, a Flak and Damon are having a little quors as far as he thinking he's bad.
Speaker 5: But why would Ben that flack then call the.
Speaker 1: D a dude.
Speaker 5: Because he suspected him too.
Speaker 6: They painted it like he didn't trust him, but at the end it was more like it was a center because they knew.
Speaker 1: But when they got.
Speaker 5: Him afterwards, I think I think he told him afterwards.
Speaker 6: He told me he got in that fight with Matt dam and then called him and then listen.
Speaker 5: What I think your time. Yeah, so he got in a fight with Matt Damon. He was like, he should call his brother.
Speaker 6: They told him no, So he called the DA agent and he was like, this is happening, and he was like, I think he might be dirt. He was talking about Matt Damon's character. He was like, I think he may be dirty. Did Ben Affleck call him the DA dude because he thought that he was dirty?
Speaker 9: He was already brought in because remember when they showed that scene where Ben Affleck goes in the other house, the Morse Code house and Matt davis him with the gun. Then they flashed back later on and they show us in that scene. That's where Matt Damon brought him into the plan. So by the time they got into that fake fight, ben Affleck already knew the game. So that's why he called the DA guy because he's like, he's.
Speaker 5: In on it. Okay, got it? See I thought he called before that fake fight.
Speaker 9: No, well he did. He called from the house, you know what, Right, That's what I'm saying. He did call before that fire.
Speaker 6: I think they presented it as if he was confiding in the d a dude, So was he trying to set the.
Speaker 9: Trap at that moment he was confiding in him. But then after that is when Matt Damon came in and was like, nah, Bro is dirty, Glenn from Walking Dead, They're all dirty, So just go along with what I'm doing, got it. I would like fight was weird because Ben just got handled and I was think in real life, Ben could maybe take Matt Damon.
Speaker 5: Sounds like this fight is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that fight hadn't happened yet, by the way, right, confused, This is what they were arguing at this point. This wasn't the fight. This is just arguing like.
Speaker 1: This was because Dame was acting weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right after the argument he called to du.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did, but it wasn't a fight though. The fight is later.
Speaker 4: But like I was saying, because of like how much Ben Athlete's character was questioning Matt Damon's character so much, I thought he was like, you're not like the to make it seem like it's not me, I'm gonna just you know, pretend like I'm gonna be the one behind like you're doing the right thing and calling out the leadership who's not doing the right thing. It just felt like he was trying to distract other people from what he was wanting to do.
Speaker 2: So you still thought it was him. Yeah, interesting, Okay, all right, So Burne after they realized, you know, the whole.
Speaker 3: Neighborhood is like under the cartel that got somebody call and all that.
Speaker 2: Flat's character going to investigate some nearby house.
Speaker 3: So he disappears for some time, which it kind of plays into the whole thing as well to kind of come back to that or whatever later. And then while that's happening, Dessi Warren's row that, you know, she over her Dumar convincing the other the other lieutenants to help rob the stash or whatever. So before it's revealed that he's he's doing his own purpose. This is what she's hearing. Did anybody believe that this was still going on? I'm assuming you still did, h.
Speaker 2: Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I thought at this point it was weird that Matt Damion was like seeing those plans out, But at the same time I thought, now I was like, I wasn't even crazier. I thought, multiple people now want the stash. Like I think, now I'm questioning the whole crew, you know, because money is being involved in I don't know if this was the point of the film when the girls were talking about the money as well. Yeah, okay, okay, my bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was just like, yeah, it was made me question everybody.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was starting question everybody more after this scene.
Speaker 3: Anybody else had any Like y'all still just kind of settling into the movie tru trying to see how it plays out at this point.
Speaker 5: I'm not as quick as y'all. Apparently. I never questioned why Matt Damon was talking loud. I thought he was.
Speaker 9: He was planning on killing Desi anyway, so he didn't give a fucking hear because.
Speaker 5: It's how two million, ten million Georgian twenty million, it was twenty million. I'm killing her for twenty bro for twenty million dollars I killed my.
Speaker 3: And it also kept showing him looking at his phone like his son that had cancer.
Speaker 2: They built this whole story around him as to why I.
Speaker 9: Couldn't need the money that was his son, because that son was like Mexican or something.
Speaker 6: You thought it was Ai, So I thought it was meant to imply that he had his baby mama was.
Speaker 9: I thought he had Jackie's phone because I thought Jackie was was brown Jackie.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, guys.
Speaker 9: So when he kept looking at the phone and there was that little brown boy, I was like, oh, He's got Jackie's phone.
Speaker 5: So that's why it just kept piling up that it's Matt.
Speaker 1: Damon the phone jacket through the water.
Speaker 9: All just said it, Oh, hold of the water, but white boys can swim like that.
Speaker 5: He might have jumped in and got it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That is a good point.
Speaker 6: It was leading up to, like, because they were saying this kid got cancer and like they were all signing to him. Matt Damon still did it. I thought it was funny. It was not funny, but kind of strange when the girls started acting that way in the moment I did. But once they revealed it, he probably told them and let them in on the Glen from Walking Dead was dirty. That's why they were acting that way towards him. When they were counting the money.
Speaker 1: Wait, you thought it was. It was weird that she said I made eighty K and.
Speaker 6: This right here that was I expected her to fool put a stack in her vest at that point.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about where Glenn came in and Matt.
Speaker 6: Damon told him to go join the girls as they were counting, and he was trying to make small talk with them, and they were kind of like real cold towards him, I thought at that point, but he just wasn't being on the plane, like they were just boxing Glenn out and they was gonna talk gotcha right, Okay, So this.
Speaker 2: Point, did y'all think, yeah, go ahead? I think he was gonna answer what I think you're gonna answer what I was gonna ask?
Speaker 1: Go ahead?
Speaker 9: Maybe I was just gonna say real quick, they did a really good job of making us not think it's Glenn. But then they also did a really bad job of once we realized as Glenn, they did a bad job of making everything before that makes sense.
Speaker 5: That's what I was gonna say, true.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was gonna say more, ask more?
Speaker 3: So did y'all so with them, did y'all expect anybody else being a part of this plan? Because they were talking about you know, you know, getting some of the money at this point, Did y'all still think it was all on Lieutenant mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: I still was.
Speaker 6: I was suspected Kyle Chandler because he was the only person that they could get in touch with, Like I was the only person that we heard from anywhere else that was coming towards the house. So it's like he got to be coming there for a reason. I don't think it's to save them. H y.
Speaker 5: The D a guy.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I thought Matt. I thought it was Matt Maddie his real name. Okay, he was throwing me off with that. Okay, what're you about to say?
Speaker 7: Can Yeah, I'm with Spike at this point, I'm like, yeah, the DA has to be involved. At some point, it's going to be revealed. I still wasn't suspecting row at all. I didn't spend rolling today. Yeah, so I was still on Uh, the DA is involved and and that's it because I kept waiting for whoever role was talking to to show up. I'm like, where the the major and everybody else.
Speaker 3: At So y'all thought Rode was on the good side even though he had a burner fall.
Speaker 5: Row is Glenn. Yeah, yeah that because the girl was in him. He was acting like he was telling people that they wasn't doing stuff right. I thought he was still.
Speaker 3: So y'all thought he was contacting like the people that that Damon was in contact.
Speaker 7: Yeh got you got you, I thought, Yeah. I thought he was a snitch, got a internal affair snitch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you. I got you?
Speaker 3: All right, So this is when action starts to finally kind of kick off, because, like I said.
Speaker 2: About an hour and it was just this dialogue trying to I'm like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: So the power is finally cut at the house takes then the heavy gunshots of fire. One of the lieutenants is like wounded, uh and then uh uh, Dumar and Rode chase off the gunman like Burn appears with the cartel lookout from the neighboring house.
Speaker 2: Who calls his boss.
Speaker 3: In these plays, he did not attack the detectors, and the cartel is willing to abandon the money, but warrens that uh Jackie may be killed by a member of their own team. So yeah, at this point, it's like, okay, it's not even a cartel. Like they're saying like, look, we ain't got nothing to do with this shiit Like just so y'all know, So this is on y'all. How y'all feel about at this moment?
Speaker 4: Is this the the FaceTime phone call? Yes, Mike, I feel like you're about to say something that's gonna speak to what I think about this scene.
Speaker 2: So go ahead.
Speaker 9: I was just gonna say, I got my time frame mixed up. This is when I thought it was vampires.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 5: When they were like, no, there's we're not involved in this.
Speaker 9: We're in a cartel and we're not doing this, I was like, oh, it's not the cartel. It ain't the cops. There's gotta be vampires. But the vampires are using guns or something. But at this point I was also like, why the fuck is.
Speaker 5: The cartel using face time?
Speaker 9: And I was like, why is Ben Affleck hanging out with this fucking Spanish cartel?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 9: Why are they just having a conversation like this is normal. None of this is making any sense.
Speaker 4: Thank you. That's what those are my thoughts. I didn't know where the fuck the story was gonna go after this.
Speaker 1: I was lost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the dad since the cartel, I was like, Okay, clearly it's to do this on the way, but we just believe.
Speaker 5: The cartail on FaceTime.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 5: He told his money.
Speaker 9: No, keep the money, it's not us. We didn't shoot at y'all. We don't know what's going on. And then somebody and one of your.
Speaker 7: People and that's just the loss and we will eat that twenty mil loss.
Speaker 4: I was like, bullshit, y'all, up said that Steven Yan's character for not knowing More's code.
Speaker 5: But you think this is good cop work from Ben Affleck trust a cartail making.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to Mike's point, as far as them being very bad, it's just like, once you understand what's going.
Speaker 5: On, it's very predictable.
Speaker 6: After that FaceTime phone call, it's like you clearly much got what's going on. It's like, Okay, the FBI do, I mean, the DA dude gonna come. He trying to get the money to and he dirty Like after this call, that's all it signified for me.
Speaker 5: But you're right about the face time ship.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 3: And this is what actually happened, Spike, after this whole thing where Affleck's character turns on on Matt Damon's character and they get into the scuffle, and that's how they get Roll's phone in the whole scuffle, and then the house catches on fire.
Speaker 2: Uh and Glenn set.
Speaker 1: That motherfucker on fire. Pissed me off.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I didn't like this fight either.
Speaker 1: I missed it.
Speaker 5: How you get that damn fun?
Speaker 9: Come on, man, Like some ship is just a little bit too ridiculous. You reached into his chesticles, past his nipples, all that got the phone and Glenn didn't kill it one time.
Speaker 1: Come on, it was there.
Speaker 5: How do you know what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, when he was walking off, he was and he was walking towards the Morris cold like I think you seen him checking wow or Matt Damon seen him to take it out when he would because he would remember Matt Damon was still looking at him when they was in the street talking and he walked off and he pulled the phone up.
Speaker 7: But Mike's right, this is movie ship, you know, getting the phone off. Yeah, this is this is movie ship, you know. Burning the house. I thought was stupid that ship bothered all out of me. Her getting shot and seemingly being okay after they put some powder on it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: I took a bullet for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah and sorry, Yeah, Matt. Matt Damon characters though.
Speaker 7: Him being so evasive for most of the movie was hilarious to me though, because he was like, oh can I see it?
Speaker 1: Was like, I don't have it. It's like, what is crime supper tip? He said, what are you talking about? He said, no, I ain't got it.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: He was killing me, he refused.
Speaker 6: He said, just to joking mood right there.
Speaker 1: He was being off so much until he got until he was brought in on it. Bron, he was.
Speaker 3: So which I didn't really understand because it's like, yo, you really think you are part of it?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess he had to be safe and storry, But yeah, it was kind of weird that, like, you.
Speaker 4: See how much money was in them barrels.
Speaker 3: I get it, but man, like you didn't wait wait, wait, wait was this part after?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It was this tip stuff.
Speaker 9: This was after Ben Affleck and Matt Damon went in that house that would have the Morse code.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they wanted them, they wanted them to hear them argument about the tip stuff. Yeah, oh okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, so this DA has showed up by this point. They you know, they put the money in the back of the van and everything. They leave the other lieutenants at the crib and or whatnot, and all in the.
Speaker 2: Midst of that too, they were just like, you're looking at the money again, like, man, this is to take care of my medical bills all that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: So we still yeah, but then once we get into the into the armored vehicle, that's where do Marb reveals that Jackie sent him the tip before she was killed, planning to use the house as baked for the cricket high schow so Uh to force them into action by led by everyone to believe he was still in the money himself. So in this moment, how I did think this moment was interesting. I was like, oh shit, so he was playing this shit the whole time. So I did kind of like this part a little bit. How did you guys feel about all this stuff happening in the back of the armored Vand.
Speaker 6: I liked the recapt I liked them showing us like him doing the thing and talking loud. They explained it well in the back of the van. But again to Mike's point, once you figure out what's going on, it was predictable, like when they took their guns out in the van and so I won't have to like you could tell that they learned was trying to pull had an ups on Kyle Chandler and the other dude being Glen, and that they were planning something. So it was good that they recapped it, but it was predictable. Whereas about to go at this point, the movie was over for me.
Speaker 5: This part excused me too, So why did Glenn.
Speaker 9: Have to prove to like why at that point the cover was blown between Glenn and Kyle Chandler.
Speaker 5: I thought it was at this.
Speaker 3: Point because he was a nine that he had the phone, they couldn't like he didn't think they can prove that he had the burner.
Speaker 9: But but no, no, okay, sorry, right, So after they proved that he had the Burner phone and all of that was was was happening, why did Glenn then call the Burner phone or have the Burner phone do redial to have it called Kyle Chandler if that was his partner.
Speaker 2: He said, I'm not going down by myself.
Speaker 7: No idea, because I was wondering the same thing. And even to this day, I'm wondering, why did you snitch on your boy?
Speaker 5: That didn't make any sense. It felt like he was.
Speaker 9: If he didn't dime on Kyle chand maybe Kyle Chandler would have helped both of them get out of the situation. So I was so confused, and I was assuming I missed something.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, I was too, Mike, because I was like, real, quit Nick, I was like, oh, I still didn't believe Mike ro was involved when he when he said redoubt. I was like, oh, this canna prove he wasn't part of it. And then when it just dowed it and then he was, I was like, shit, she was right, she was involved, saying.
Speaker 3: Well, I think he didn't want to be committed of the murder. Like he was like all right, man, look you know the money stuff. Cool, but you're not gonna pin the murder on me, because he was just like, I'm not the one who shot him.
Speaker 9: No, he did shoot it. He just didn't do the final shot that killed her.
Speaker 2: But I mean he ain't kill it.
Speaker 9: Oh this this, this, this was not good writing for me then, because I just assumed that I looked at my phone or scratched my ass or something, and I missed a very important part because I was like, why did you call him?
Speaker 5: Why did you just give up like this?
Speaker 4: Like I thought it was more because he was he was already caught because he knew that because of the one fifty K thing. And it's like they're gonna think I killed her and everything. Nah, I'm gonna make sure y'all know who exactly killed her.
Speaker 6: Not me, Okay, I think it was yeah, it was him on some Yeah exactly it was him on some Hey man, we caught bro.
Speaker 5: Come on out, Bro, come on out, Bro, come from behind the collar.
Speaker 9: It was just a very dramatic way for to do that, because he clearly easily could have just.
Speaker 5: Been like, look, me and him are in this together.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah I don't know. Okay, whack but okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so after this, you know, it goes down and shots open fire.
Speaker 2: I don't know how no one got hit.
Speaker 3: For really, the driver, the person that wasn't even in the like in the back. The person in the front is the one that got shot.
Speaker 9: Potentially shot him. Remember he felt back and he like shot him in the head.
Speaker 2: Why why do you shoot the driver?
Speaker 1: Part of it?
Speaker 9: But yeah, he shot Like when I say he it was like Ben Affleck who shot him in the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but I don't understand. Yeah, I don't understand how the DA agent wasn't able to hit nobody.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. I was.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was shocked that they Like, once I saw the barrier, I'm thinking, Okay, this movie is over.
Speaker 5: They got caught the fact that we had an all extended thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, this team is trash, right.
Speaker 5: Because I was after that I was like, what else could you all do? So this is over with? I was thinking he was gonna get away based on how.
Speaker 3: Ship was going on after that, this was the Yeah, they rushed just because like how you gonna escape? Like all of these people waiting on you to be captured? Like what what's the plan here? Like there's no escape even if you get away right now. You don't have no plan, ain't waiting, you ain't got nothing, like like how are you going to get out of this?
Speaker 2: So I just did not understand that.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow's problems right today you asking me tomorrow's problem, brou I.
Speaker 3: Did not understand this at all, Like where are you running to? Like where are you going? You have nowhere to go, like neither one of you and.
Speaker 5: You ain't even check the bags. I kind of felt him on that. I don't know that I would have looked in the bag. I would have assumed the money was still in there.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm a paranoid person. I'm always I double checked. I got rooms and ship that I opened up just the case the motherfucker is it there. I would.
Speaker 2: Check everything.
Speaker 4: Ain't that what they teach you in the military, check everything. If I'm stealing money. I'm gonna make sure it's in that fucking bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a lot going on, but yeah, so they basically turned to a car chase and a foot chase.
Speaker 3: Uh Matt ben that flex has changing chasing his guy on in the car, and I think Matt is chasing his guy on foot. So so they have two things happened simultaneously. Uh Affleck killed his character because he was going for his gun. But Matt keeps his character alive, saying like, look, just give up, just give.
Speaker 2: Up any of this doing anything.
Speaker 4: Trash, trash ding, trash, final fights, battle, whatever they want to call it. The only thing that made it me laugh was him not knowing that yellow page seeing yellow pages in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Most of that was crazy about this.
Speaker 3: She got a book like that, many books and yellow pashs like that's crazy.
Speaker 5: My mom got those.
Speaker 2: They still fill No, they don't still print him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't still frind him, but some old people just keep them. I don't know why my mom keeps. She's a order.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, but it was just anti climactic fight scenes and all that, bro, especially Matt Damon's one, that was just weird.
Speaker 9: I'm with you Nick. The fight scene was so trash because I couldn't tell what the fun was happening in.
Speaker 5: The same yeah, give up, just give up? Who's winning?
Speaker 2: I thought somebody was stabbed or something like. I thought, like, he got shot, he got shot.
Speaker 5: I thought, I thought he got shot in the ear. He got shot in the ear.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 9: I thought that though I like, you shot him in the ear. Bro really wasn't just trying to kill him.
Speaker 4: To me, it was more like you know, when two old niggas fight, they just get tired, all right, But just I'll let you go if you say you gave up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think it was interesting that that Affleck. You could tell he wanted to his character, but Matt didn't want to kill the other guy.
Speaker 3: And I think it was just kind of like a revenge thing for him actually being a shooter who killed Jackie.
Speaker 9: So yeah, so I didn't like this either, because even though this movie was only like an hour and thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hour fifty five.
Speaker 5: Oh was it that long? Yes? Okay, okay, okay, So I didn't want this to.
Speaker 9: Be longer, but I did not get enough to.
Speaker 5: Care about Ben Affleck and Jackie's relationship.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: I wasn't like, oh man, he got him for his girl. It was like, bro, I don't know if she was just fucking you? Was she fucking Matt Damon two Glenn sim Plissy too. I don't know what's happening here. I didn't feel that yes factor, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, That's what it was satisfaction. There was no satisfaction.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those little flashbacks that showed that ben Affleck's character was close to her. It was just like, like you messed. It was all in the bedroom. She doesn't just getting dressed like all right, she busted a nut, that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: So after this man, they uh they show up at you know, I guess for them to count to you know, officially count the money everybody has.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a little suspicious in this part. Did anybody pocket anything?
Speaker 3: But everybody had the same number, uh that they had to go you know to each individual person to get that number, and uh yeah, count ended up.
Speaker 2: Correct like on the dot, like and yeah I was.
Speaker 3: And they seriously gave the cash and then I think, uh, Dessie gets a gets the percentage of it because you know she was cooperaate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was cooperative. Yeah, and yeah, I think it was like four.
Speaker 5: Take half of it. I had.
Speaker 2: That. Yeah, so yeah, how how is this for you guys? I know this at the end of the movie and to put the most part, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Track, I thought I was hoping like they all said the same number, because like they was all going to get like a you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It was like, okay, even though.
Speaker 9: They gave up all the money, Yeah, all the money, Come on, that's crazy, Nick.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, this was a fucking pig propaganda film.
Speaker 9: And that's the part that pissed me off the mode. The last thing I feel like we need in twenty twenty six is a pig propaganda film. But when this ended and they were like, yeah, all of these well everybody but Glenn and the DA guy.
Speaker 5: They're all good gods. They're all just the honest, good cops.
Speaker 9: Because I was already put off when they were like, Yo, we got this house. You know, there's no overtime, but if y'all want to come help me or this house, and they're.
Speaker 5: Like, oh yeah, let's go, sounds like a great idea. I'm in stupid, stupid, But when it ends and none of them took any of the money. I'm like, oh, so, y'all just really.
Speaker 9: Out here trying to put out this idea that all cops are just these honest, fucking good people.
Speaker 5: Suck my whole day.
Speaker 2: This is even the tattoo. We are the good guys?
Speaker 1: Are we the good guys? We aren't always will be?
Speaker 7: And it basically kind of told you yeah, And you know, reflecting on it, they basically told you that they were going to be good throughout the whole movie.
Speaker 5: You know, how did she know what that meant?
Speaker 1: She didn't, She told you.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, he said.
Speaker 6: My son asked me one day, are we the good guys of cancer? This his son down of cancer?
Speaker 7: You got it was part of the interrogation way in the beginning of the movie. When they first went in the house and sat down with her, she asked them about the tattoos on his hands.
Speaker 5: Oh, I guess I missed that too.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, when.
Speaker 5: They first this was before they even went in an attic.
Speaker 9: I thought at the end of the when I thought she asked him, then.
Speaker 2: I thought so too.
Speaker 4: He said it twice, Well, he said the first though, he said, he said the first part as far as like his son asked them, are we the good guys? That's what the one of his on his left hand, I think. And then at the end he told her what the other side like.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're all with I thought, And she said both of them back to him like she knew.
Speaker 7: She said, but she did know, right because he told her at the beginning and during the interrogation when they first walked in the house.
Speaker 5: Then why is she repeated at the end of the movie, just to confirm it?
Speaker 1: Just for yeah, yeah, the movie ship? Is this movie ship?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Like that's all it was. They didn't need to go back there. There wasn't a need to do a coda.
Speaker 5: And go away.
Speaker 1: We didn't need that. It was.
Speaker 7: But it's just you know, I guess you could say it's it's the propaganda, but it was corny but for action movies. I don't know, I guess whatever, But nah, it was stupid, Like we got it, bro.
Speaker 9: Netflix treated us like we were so dumb that they made me overthink everything with this fucking movie. I was like, it can't be this simple. There's gotta be a reason that they're doing X, Y and Z, But no, there's not.
Speaker 1: It's an action movie.
Speaker 7: Like I told Spike earlier, it's not that smart, Like you're right, never over over. Yeah, when it comes from action movies like this and sometimes with Netflix shows in general.
Speaker 1: Just take it for what it is.
Speaker 7: But yeah, nah, Like I think once they got an armory and everything was revealed from here on out, it's like.
Speaker 5: I could have I could have stopped the movie right there been fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I didn't need to see it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the car chase scene and any of this stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, the movie.
Speaker 7: The movie for me was that part up until that that scene.
Speaker 4: And then and then this again, this scene with the cow was stupid. Tianna Taylor just happened happy to just get a ride home with her ad K at annual salary.
Speaker 7: Jesus nick I swear, I don't think Tianna Taylor had lines in the movie.
Speaker 1: I think they just they just told her to show up. Yep, just a.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 4: She her was like THEMN ive you some money, you go girl, like that was.
Speaker 5: One of her lives.
Speaker 4: Was like the girl asked her, what would you do if you had all this, like if you took some of this money home? She said everything everything.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry why why did they keep shoehorning her ass and rolls?
Speaker 14: She she's not that good, but I feel like people keep acting.
Speaker 9: I keep thinking I'm missing something with her. She's fine, she's fine, she's kind of mediocre, but like, why are they sticking her in everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When Yeah, I believe she got she the girl as far as black female entertainers.
Speaker 5: She's the h it girl.
Speaker 6: I don't she choreographed last two.
Speaker 5: So that's where it started.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: I feel I'm laughing at the fact that I have to spell it. First thought was.
Speaker 2: What the.
Speaker 5: Laughing at me earlier about my fucking vampire. That's what I don't think. I don't think she's that bad because I've seen her. I've seen her in some movies.
Speaker 4: It's just more of like, again, I'm thinking this the cast that they have, I'm thinking the movie is gonna be better and at least her role is gonna be more significant.
Speaker 5: All she did was this riding. She just count money.
Speaker 4: She did, just count money and talk and ship like shout out to her for getting.
Speaker 5: Paid for that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, you could have picked another Netflix movie to do besides this.
Speaker 15: Yeah, really really LT burn us like that, that's what you finished, dude, dog, you're gonna leave us on the curve.
Speaker 9: Come on, bro, if anybody there is a friend of that fire, it's gonna be the only black woman there because you know her hair was.
Speaker 5: And she just standing on the corner. You really gonna burn us like this really.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 7: The only thing I was thinking at the end when it was over was like, she got twenty percent for a snitch fee.
Speaker 5: That's I looked it up.
Speaker 1: That's really this is crazy.
Speaker 7: But if I'm I'm with you, guys, because the whole time, I'm like, this is twenty mil. Why the fuck are y'all gonna turn this shit in? It didn't make fucking sense to me.
Speaker 5: But nobody knows you're here.
Speaker 9: So what I looked up is and ready you can tell me if I'm wrong, if you want.
Speaker 5: I didn't do deep dies, but.
Speaker 9: What I saw is that she had to not know it was there. So like if somebody stashed drug money right in your house, Ken, and one of the boys found it and you told the cops your the money, like that percentage is yours. But if you knew that someone was stashing the money in your house and one of y'all just finally said like, look, I don't want to deal with anymore. And he told the cops. Then I don't think you get a percentage.
Speaker 4: That's that's why she didne getting part when she talks about the loophole, because technically it's not my house, my grandmother.
Speaker 5: And that's why you're smart for that. You know, I taught you that.
Speaker 9: But she knew it was there because she sent the text to Jackie, So she knew the money was there.
Speaker 4: There was money there, but she didn't know how much.
Speaker 5: But she still knew there was money there. From my understanding, you have to not know there's ship going on. You find it and then you say, okay, hey there's money or whatever. I don't know. That's even then that's still hard to leave when they bringing the money, she said. So I guess that's her loop. She leaves when they bring the money.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 6: She was explaining how the process worked to either Bad Dame of ben Affleck. She was like, they knocked at the door, tell me to leave for a couple of hours. I leave, I come back, they leave.
Speaker 5: But she was drugs text saying that there. Maybe she thought it was drugs. I thought she put dollar signs in the text. She did.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 5: She definitely had dollar signs in the text.
Speaker 1: So they fucked that up. They fucked that all right.
Speaker 7: So yeah, so I was I was thinking that if I'm the cops, like why and the hell are y'all happy, bubby and the good guys? And then the other thing I was thinking, because one, you're right, they didn't pay you guys overtime and you went there happy, go lucky.
Speaker 1: Yes, they got this.
Speaker 7: The city of Miami got twenty million dollars, They got no overtime pay. They're probably gonna get no back paid. They didn't get anything, and they refused to pay them overtime after they just got twenty meals. The second thing is they should at least give cops a percentage of the ship that they find, one percent or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, like, the shit don't make any fucking sense.
Speaker 7: You know what? This would? I feel you? But this would cut down on it could cut down on a bad cops, correct cops.
Speaker 9: No, it would increase bad cops because if they can, if they can legally get it from the rip, the mill definitely be like turn people in and doing shady ship.
Speaker 1: So it couldn't sent a you right, it could have the opposite of that, but.
Speaker 9: You said something that was gonna make a comment on. But then you threw me off by the cops should get a percentage for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 7: Overtime, overtime getting.
Speaker 5: Doing a free job. It was a free job.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's just it's just it's just coppaganda, that's all this is. It's just like we want to show you that cops are fucking honest people. I mean, granted, yes, you had Glenn, but the majority, the vast majority. Oh girl took a bullet in the leg, bro dog the rest of his life. Wilburt will never be the same.
Speaker 5: And you mean to make me believe that none of y'all took a dollar.
Speaker 1: Police dollar me either. I realized it's just a money sniffing dog dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, work with I would have I would have took at least one of the create I have took a stack bro like one of them rolls that was cleared. Yeah, I'm taking that. I'm taking one of The movie ended that way, Nick, I'd have been like.
Speaker 9: Okay, cool, believable, believable the way it ended, they all had the same number. I was like, nope, nope, I don't believe this, y'all are trying to make it.
Speaker 5: No, no, this bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then at the absolute ride they.
Speaker 5: On the beach the girl. I'm confused by the scenes because the little girl named Jackie, Mike, that's it. It just reminded them of Jackie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they try to double yes, go ahead, Rod, No, that's all said in the beginning.
Speaker 3: I think it was a double on tune with the rest in peace, like she was like like they were just making it scene like they were at peace, you know, for her passing or whatnot.
Speaker 7: Mike, I might annoy you, But so because I thought it was fucked up, Nick, when the kid was running and you heard the kid playing and stuff like that, and this kid he was just talking about he lost his son to cancer. I'm like, man, why I'm gonna put this kid in him through that ship again? And then and then so I was like, that's fucked up, y'all gonna do Matt damon like that. And then they called the name Jackie, which were minded ben affleck of what he lost. And then you showed them both with the sun said, and they both got a reminder of things that they lost.
Speaker 5: I took it.
Speaker 4: I just took it as like it was just a it was a coincidence, Like while we're talking about Jackie, there's this little girl named Jackie, So it just it's a full circle that we did because I think they mentioned like, oh, Jackie was the.
Speaker 7: Person that was Jackie was a kid and Matt Damon lost his son and that relates to him.
Speaker 4: Either way, it was a bullshit.
Speaker 6: They thought it was dead y'all.
Speaker 9: I was like, Oh, in Heaven finally got him Rod.
Speaker 5: I was like, because I was like, there's no way.
Speaker 9: That they wrote this in as a mere coincidence. They're sitting on the beach, there's a beautiful sunset, they just got out of this crazy firefight. They did all this honest ship and there's a fucking little girl running around named Jackie, and they both look at her and they look at themselves and the movie ended. I was like, Okay, maybe they died and this is Evan and I know it's just a random Yes, this was tried.
Speaker 4: He's trying to make the story better than just I can't believe I watched this.
Speaker 5: They gotta be.
Speaker 2: There was a rest in peace ending. That's what I was staying in the beginning. Man, like they it was supposed to. They thought they cooked. It's like, yeah, man, we're gonna hit him with the rest in piece at the end. The movie is called r PTE.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: And people want this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people like it.
Speaker 4: That's why I asked you, right, I was like, this is a hit.
Speaker 5: It is a little bit wow, okay, but it makes sense to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like, oh man, he was he was playing on the whole time.
Speaker 5: He was playing on the whole time.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did not enjoy this, but I'm glad y'all did. For the most part.
Speaker 5: This wasn't even tooper. This was decent.
Speaker 4: And say that because because I can stay in my draws and cut it off, I have to.
Speaker 5: I have to drive home from the theater.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 5: I was at home if I saw it's all ip that theater because.
Speaker 1: It's not a theater movie. But it's a perfect Netflix movie.
Speaker 6: It's a perfect you know, so snow day Yeah, perfect snow day movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So I enjoyed it. I didn't go anything, and I'm gonna get anything deep. It's like, give me just straight whatever you give me.
Speaker 1: And that was it. But the ending was terrible.
Speaker 5: Though I was Oh my god, I was so confused. I was like, wait, how did why are they seeing baby Jackie? I'm so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was you know what, my movie was better. I was better. Advance showed up and there wasn't really money. It was like blood packets.
Speaker 2: That was the hardest.
Speaker 5: Centers with cops.
Speaker 9: Yeah, tops, it was do Gooders a lot better I think with my.
Speaker 5: Idea because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, I did not enjoy this.
Speaker 3: But all right, man, look we're gonna get up out of it. Man, we just we're just talking at this point. But yeah, man, that was the rip man. You know, like I said, I see.
Speaker 2: People enjoying it. You know, if you guys enjoyed it, hey to you? Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it a just you know what we call Netflix movie or what? But either way, you know that's our review of the rip. Makes you tune into other French and second podcast reviews and episodes.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, yeah, I said, I really.
Speaker 1: At least you got a name, right, Mike.
Speaker 3: That's true, right, Yeah, I'm with whoever said like, I don't think they gave her any line.
Speaker 2: She just she just improped the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apcire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because even in the beginning. She was like, that's my bitch. You know what I'm saying. You know, let's keep it being like, let's keep it a bean, Like this is a murder.
Speaker 5: Let's keep it a bean.
Speaker 2: This was a murder, This wasn't.
Speaker 13: I was like, yo, black hole they needed for the movie, right, he ship with her, that's right.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, that was crazy, but I man get about here.