Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to the Frans per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Kenny.
Speaker 1: Been joining me on the show is Mike, Spike and Nick?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Yep? Nick is here and we.
Speaker 1: Are talking about Hitch of all things, which you know probably wasn't surprised some of you guys that Nick is here for this, but I do want some.
Speaker 3: Background on how in the hell we I know you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned it on We were talking before we started recording that you mentioned this for was better, This was better than forty y old version, and it's in the top.
Speaker 3: Five of like rom com all time. We actually looked it up. It was actually ranked high.
Speaker 2: We were saying top was it five?
Speaker 3: I can't remember there's that number top.
Speaker 4: I was saying it should be considered when you're doing a list of arguably, yeah, when you're doing rom coms, this definitely should.
Speaker 3: Be should the top ones.
Speaker 5: Mike, you don't watch rom coms. You probably don't like five rom coms.
Speaker 2: You don't like five? Yeah? I think you imagine Mike looking at pretty.
Speaker 1: Girl dragged you to stuff, so you watch like that.
Speaker 5: I would have passed about yeah, but I would be sooner to watch a rom com than she would.
Speaker 2: She won't even watch certain horror movies.
Speaker 1: But I'm just talking about just in the in the lifespan of your dating career.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever dated a woman that was really in the rom coms, all right. The only person I know is really in rong coms is Rod. And when I don't know any women.
Speaker 5: Y'all, big Rod saying like that, Big Rod, say like that.
Speaker 2: Bro oh man.
Speaker 1: But yeah, two thousand and five American rom com directed by any Andy Tennant with Will Smith and even Mindere's Kevin James and Amber Valletta.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was written by Kevin bish which features b I S c H. I don't know who that is, but which I know, y'all be mad. We don't know who certain people are.
Speaker 5: But I saw that comed if you don't get out of something like the fuck up out of here trying to hear that ship for real, for real fucking nerds.
Speaker 2: But oh, that's the reason we're doing it too. An even about.
Speaker 1: Twenty years I thought I was looking for, like, you know something.
Speaker 2: You guys gonna know anything?
Speaker 6: God get.
Speaker 5: We were supposed to been doing highest to lowest, but it wasn't for us to watch that was fucked up.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: Then Spike can't get a fucking theatrical run.
Speaker 2: That's the fault. Spike agreed to it.
Speaker 7: He probably agreed to the streaming ship, but he agreed to like two weeks outside.
Speaker 4: I think Scott Davis just gave him more money than he was gonna get anywhere else.
Speaker 2: He probably right though, it's that's something his last one.
Speaker 1: But they're not even promoting the thing heavy like that.
Speaker 2: He's been.
Speaker 4: He's been on all the podcasts, he's been on Bill Simmons, he's on h He's a Warrior Mall, he's sitting down with.
Speaker 1: I mean, I saw all of those clips, but B was, B was saying that, the fact that people don't even know about it, they just seeing the clips, the fact that there's a movie, Like I didn't even know that they were even doing a movie until y'all started bringing up a.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Either, So I love so Yeah, probably gonna be well anyway.
Speaker 3: Damn you think it's gonna be good, Mike, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's Spike Lee chance with Spike Lee.
Speaker 5: I don't think Denzel is gonna jump on a whack project. Just because it's Spike Lee. He might He's not gonna hurt his legacy. Why would he do that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he could do it just out of love for Spike Lee.
Speaker 2: Has he ever done anything that seems like? This is a shitty movie? Why did Denzel do this? Two didn't make money? Equalaza three? That was a good one though, Really?
Speaker 3: Which one is your name?
Speaker 2: Before that? Uh? I was joking, was good?
Speaker 6: You ain't like Man on Fire?
Speaker 2: Was that a second one?
Speaker 6: It was supposed to be? I think it didn't come out.
Speaker 4: I was joking it said Man on Fire too, because I like man I liked the original woe, but they didn't need to be a no, which they didn't.
Speaker 2: Man on Fire too. Yeah, I don't think there is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they talked about I think I was trying to somebody was gonna come back. You know, you gonna spoil it, but.
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah anyway. But nevertheless, yeah, we're talking about hitch Man Spike. Thoughts on this movie? Did you like it?
Speaker 4: I like it? It still holds up. Will Smith did a good job. I think the story is good for a rom calm So yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 6: I've always liked it I think it's interest.
Speaker 7: Like it seems like based on what you said about the director and the writer, it definitely felt like it wasn't meant for a black man to play this role. But Will Smith at this time he could play anything and he shows and even men that's sex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was this your first time watching it in full?
Speaker 2: I'm sure it was, But no, you can keep this man. This movie was so fucking this annoying.
Speaker 5: Movie, Like, yeah, hotly rewatching it, I'm like, bro, that's really a simple movie.
Speaker 2: This is pathetic. This is pathetic.
Speaker 5: And the fact that, like it's just such a fucked up concept for a film.
Speaker 2: I'm teaching men how to basically lie to get women and.
Speaker 6: He was only doing it for the good hearted man.
Speaker 2: He showed that how does he even know if they're good hearted?
Speaker 6: Though he talked to he talked to one of them.
Speaker 5: No, I got all that, but like, how does he know that? That like really nerdy guy that whatever? Like he he taught him how to trick the kind of beautiful woman to like fall in love with him.
Speaker 2: It was like, how do you even know what his intentions?
Speaker 1: He was Okay, he was a little grimy, like they did a little montage at the beginning where they he showed.
Speaker 3: Guy like the guy with the dog and pretending to get hit.
Speaker 2: He stole the woman's dog and then gave it to the guy so he could that's.
Speaker 5: Fucked up, dude, Yes, the dog ran out the elevator.
Speaker 2: He grabbed the dog, and he didn't steal the dog. The dog just ran away from the owner, but he into his arms.
Speaker 5: He took the dog outside and gave it to the dude and then had him lie by falling on the ground.
Speaker 2: Like, this is weird. This movie is really weird. I get why Spike likes it, though, but this movie is real weird.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You see, like that would do some weird shit like that.
Speaker 5: Now when I go to a bar and totally fucking lies to some moment, dude, Like, I can totally see you doing that.
Speaker 2: Ship, I ain't that invested. I ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 6: I was talking about a golf course by he lou.
Speaker 5: Was keeping it a being he barely want to be there.
Speaker 2: Damn, damn. But no, y'all can have this.
Speaker 5: And the fact that he's like, I'm teaching men how to deal with women so they get out of their own way or whatever the fuck he said.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It's a It's probably was a fucked up movie in two thousand and five, yes years later, probably even more fucked up movie now because we moved on and grown as a society. You know, Uh, I don't know if something like this would fly in present day, like there would be a lot of thing pieces on it, but.
Speaker 6: You about to get one.
Speaker 3: But overall, man, like I remember watching it at the time.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't even know why I even watched this ship because I don't like ron comms either.
Speaker 7: So it was Will smith Man. You really think it was he he was in that his time. I think it was between this is like the end of it though, because I think it was like between ninety like first Bad Boys all the way into like oh five, he was on a fucking run like he couldn't miss. I think it end around this because like right right before seven what's seven pounds hit? That's when it kind of dropped off.
Speaker 2: Was this before Bad Boys? Though?
Speaker 6: This was after Bad Boy?
Speaker 5: But he looks younger in this seven years four or something like that.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Seven Pounds came out in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 6: So like once that hit, that's that's it drops off.
Speaker 5: Happening after what at the shark t Yeah he was on fire, I robot, Yeah he had he.
Speaker 2: Was still hot.
Speaker 6: It on I Robot, wasn't it You know what I'm saying, This isn't that run.
Speaker 2: I thought he was saying. This was.
Speaker 6: It was hitch after this.
Speaker 5: It was hitch pursuit Happiness, I am Legend and the Hancock and that's pretty much.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because handcock. Oh I'm just understand what you said. I got you now, Okay, yeah, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But but now.
Speaker 5: Will Smith can say anything around this time, not this get a little bit later movie after Oh god, that's.
Speaker 2: What it was. Really that was when it was really over.
Speaker 6: But it's not that bad, Like it was a landing, but it wasn't. It wasn't a breezeling after after Earth.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nobody saw that movie. But I didn't even see that. Yeah, it's a lot of people.
Speaker 6: Saw it, but they didn't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: Because it was Jada Smith. This is jading after Karate Kid and it's Will Smith. They've been waiting for this ship too. It was like wash the throne.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, he's a he's a date doctor and he coaches men to woo woman uh and that, and apparently he's good at it.
Speaker 6: It's not like a refurbished pimp date doctor. I can get your.
Speaker 7: If you Oh god, how you test that?
Speaker 2: Y'all think it? His backstory was tragic.
Speaker 6: It was a sent backstort, some saying, this is a.
Speaker 2: Story. What makes this a sim store? You gotta ask.
Speaker 5: I'm asking y'all the fact that this dude was looking in the window in the rain watching this girl make out with this dude, like, baby stop, I'm lighting this car on fire.
Speaker 3: He was, he was, He was too nice and.
Speaker 2: Even the guy jumped on it. He's like, you're doing it right now? Man, Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Have snatched them, sent him in out like that, Broy.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: If I'm Will Smith, I'm whooping that dude's ass and didn't lighten the car fire.
Speaker 4: It was a good backstory that made sense throughout the movie. That's why he was like he was with that saying, but to.
Speaker 1: The point where he completely transformed who he was and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, moved the guy that killed him. We didn't even his whole soul died that day. He became a new become a new man, he had to.
Speaker 5: But became somebody that knows how to woo women. Probably studied it a lot. That's red books and books write books like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she used to write like how to be a mac mact and like that mac one on one and ship like this is pathetic.
Speaker 7: Because I was always like I was always told the game is meant to be told, not.
Speaker 2: So that's what I told. My thing is why you need a book, like to learn how to talk to women? People use GPT now and they had losers. Yes, fucking losers do that.
Speaker 3: Everybody have the game.
Speaker 2: I don't have game at all. How you get women? I talk to them like they're people. That's how I talk. That's how I get women. That's weird, weird, like they're people. Who the fuck is like people?
Speaker 5: Like if you listen more than you speak, that's a big thing, Like you just listen to them.
Speaker 6: I know, it's crazy concept.
Speaker 2: For me, I'm like, have you met me, nick, I never listened more than I speed.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying like for me, would like it's like if I listen to them more and like, let them get their thing out, and you kind of have like follow up questions about what they say.
Speaker 2: That's all you gotta do.
Speaker 6: That's ninety percent of what it is.
Speaker 2: That's all you have to do.
Speaker 1: But wasn't it kind of to a certain degree the premise in this movie to a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he was he had lying.
Speaker 5: He had research on them too, so he knew things about him before that, Like if you would listen, obviously you'll find out. But he was speeding up the process so they could like not be at least the men would not get into that awkward phase of like what to do next because he already knew all so much manipulative. Yes, yes, yeah, and again he's kind of promoting that the men should lie and pretend they give a fuck. My thing is, if I don't give a fuck about what you're talking about, I'm not gonna date you.
Speaker 2: Why am I here?
Speaker 4: Would you feel this way if it was women doing it and they were trying to get men but they had the same information, I.
Speaker 5: Would think it was lame as fuck, but there wouldn't be the same amount of I think this is pathetic just because as a man and knowing how we are we're not as open, so they might have to do a little bit more work to like break down what we're saying and all that. And plus there's not there's also not that weird like power dynamic between men and women like in Women's favor I know I'm talking to the wrong room here, but anyways, everybody was looking at.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 5: Listen, Tomoji whit real talk about this movie came out. Niggas was standing up like, finally we need something.
Speaker 2: I believe we're where.
Speaker 5: This mohole movie just seemed weird to me. It was just like, this just seems like a movie for pathetic men. That's how it felt. This whole movie was for pathetic ass men.
Speaker 6: But it was I mean, it kind.
Speaker 2: Of was right, but.
Speaker 1: This is like how but they did sell it as a love story, and that's why they used hitch situation almost as a counter to what was going on with Albert and how he was getting his girl, even though Hitch kind of he didn't have any background intail and when he did get it, he fucked that up.
Speaker 2: The Butcher of cow Dance yea actually.
Speaker 1: But that's why I think they kind of show those two kind of stories, you know, in parallel to one another.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you, if I was going out with a girl and she did for me what Will Smith did for even Mendez, I'm never seeing you again because I would think you're a fucking weirdo. You at around googling me to the point where you learn my family's name and you learn where my great grandfather's signature was on our first date. I don't think that's smooth. I think you're a fucking weird sweet at all.
Speaker 6: That's too much her first date is like.
Speaker 5: Google women because they feel unsafe, true, And if the man was like I googled you and found your great grandfather's name and I know where his signature is at, she has a right to be fearful because you're a fucking weirdo.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all think that's weird of just not being like sweet and kind and you know what, you know what Ashley, Uh, let me correct myself because even she called it out as weird in the movie. Y.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for a first day, that's too much, that's creepy.
Speaker 5: Googling them is fine because I would google a woman before I go out with them, just to make sure she's not nuts or whatever. I'm not googling to figure out who your fucking granddaddy is, not as a weirdo shiit?
Speaker 3: So what date with the googling to find that information?
Speaker 5: We gotta be together, like I gotta get the cheeks for at least about six.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 6: Let's say, let's like, we didn't talk about what we talked about. I don't know. I don't know what it's worth it for the research.
Speaker 2: Dad. It starts off the cuff.
Speaker 6: That was what it was.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 5: He did it on some stalkerp love it first type.
Speaker 2: That's what makes it weird. It's the first day it was love it first. No, that doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: That's the first sight. That doesn't exist. There's no such thing as love at first sight. Hm yeah I don't think so? Yeah because how because how eat don't even like? Love is about knowing a person. That ain't about like how they you attracted.
Speaker 7: Only like only love at first sight. And I'm not in a romantic way. It's like with a child.
Speaker 4: To me, it's like, yeah, I think that's I think that's that's first cat.
Speaker 2: What did you guys think about him?
Speaker 1: Slowly kind of turning back into the lame guy he was because he kicked her on the jet ski hurt like.
Speaker 2: That he was trying to save her. This is weird. Goofy man, he kicked a ship. I was dying.
Speaker 4: I think that was a good turn though, because it showed that he wasn't perfect. If they had portrayed him throughout this movie, it's just a swave. I knew what to say every time. Then it's not realistic. I think they just made it more realistic.
Speaker 7: But I hate about the movies that they took out the deleted scene where he met up with the girl that broke his heart. She asked, there's a scene in the movie where like she sees him again at the coffee spots. She tries to get with him again and he turned her down because he like, nah.
Speaker 3: Just before after he met uh ceremony.
Speaker 6: This is.
Speaker 2: After even matter. I think it's after interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, he just everything was going wrong with him, like the shirt got stuck in the car.
Speaker 2: The love will definitely do that.
Speaker 5: Love will have you fucking up all over the place, So I did kind of.
Speaker 2: I did think that was kind of cute, but it was also just like, why are you following the love with you?
Speaker 5: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast with pressing play today. Taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you were like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and Ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community, and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feet, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 6: But what about the Kevin James part of it?
Speaker 2: To y'all, oh god.
Speaker 1: Well, so this this was I think the conclusion of his story of their story was it was interesting, you know, but I think as it runs counter to will, like he was having all of the right things to do and say, you know, based on the coaching, from the kissing to the dance and etcetera, etcetera, and that wasn't what she wanted, but it was enough for Well. I think the interesting thing is he was doing all this stuff, but that that wasn't what she was seeing this whole time. She was seeing the goofball the fuck up, you know. But I think he would have never been seen if he didn't do the shock and all campaign, you know, in the in the boardroom meeting or whatever.
Speaker 2: The meeting was so.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't even know what to say. It just it just it all felt weird. It just all this whole movie just felt weird. First of all, I don't know, I've never seen this guy except in that meme, so I didn't know who he was, the chubby dude. But this whole part of like, okay, when you go in the room, make a scene or whatever, and I was just like, what is this.
Speaker 2: It's like you're teaching this lame ass dude how to lie.
Speaker 5: His way into getting a relationship with this woman. That wasn't interesting him to begin with. It just all seems so odd, and I didn't find any of it cute or funny.
Speaker 2: I think Will's story with Eva Mendez.
Speaker 5: I thought that was cute, and if that was the whole movie, I would have enjoyed this lot more.
Speaker 2: The whole part with Albert and the woman.
Speaker 5: It only ended cute because he finally realized that, oh, she's just as lame as I am. You would have known that if you just fucking talked to her stuff being a fucking dumb ass.
Speaker 1: He never would have had the confidence to talk to her like that, though. That's what Will gave him.
Speaker 5: Will, Yes, Will gave him the confidence to talk to her because he told him to lie and pretend for you to get that I mean, and it's justly the same thing they were trying to do with your boy from forty year Old Virgin.
Speaker 2: That ain't my boy, because I don't like that movie either.
Speaker 5: A new movie that just came out with Pedro Pascal, I think what a girl is doing?
Speaker 6: I believe it looked me like the whole facts.
Speaker 4: Two white men, well rich white man.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 6: Going for a white, basic ass white woman.
Speaker 2: The hook we that's kind of how this movie felt. This is what is the same movie it looked like essentially, it's just a lady.
Speaker 7: I feel like now that you're saying like, I feel like if this was like set in like high school terms like this is acoming of a story. This movie makes way more sad flows away than like a grown ass thirty year olds doing this.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's exactly hight. I wish I would have Yes, I agree.
Speaker 5: If this was teenagers, I would have still thought it was kind of lame, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Have thought it was this lame. It would make sense for teenagers to do.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that ship, don't they got a teenage movie like this. I'm sure the dude playing the radio outside of.
Speaker 2: That ship.
Speaker 5: You know what now that I'm saying, no, Spike, you're going it right walking talking.
Speaker 2: Creepy.
Speaker 5: I figured out where you work and I had this dude deliver a box to your desk. If a woman was doing that to me, I would like, never contact me again.
Speaker 2: You're weird. It depends on how I don't care.
Speaker 6: A lot of to me depends on how she looks.
Speaker 2: That's someone you want to hit Nick. That's gonna be worse.
Speaker 5: It depends on how you you have a death wish, Nick, listen, we all.
Speaker 6: God, Yeah, it depends on how she looks on with Nick.
Speaker 2: And I ain't gonna hold you.
Speaker 4: I ain't even thinking that far down the line as to how crazy is she gonna act, especially.
Speaker 2: He think got crazy. Yes, she's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Big over.
Speaker 2: Don about that world when we get there.
Speaker 5: Like I'm trying to live, Spike, I'm not fucking with a woman that researched me and figure out where I lived and it has.
Speaker 2: Ship sent to my desk. How you know, I'm not gonna get in trouble. But that ain't crazy to me. But the first siund of crazy I will be out. That is the.
Speaker 4: That ain't though, that ain't that's hurt being like according to you, I guess or whatever it may be, or that may be her like you know what I'm saying showing, Hey, I'm interested out with creepies right now.
Speaker 3: And I ain't.
Speaker 2: I ain't like being overly aggressive, but I just want you to know interest.
Speaker 6: What about their like being like you know, women like flowers.
Speaker 7: Most women like flowers, like someone delivering flowers to like someone's like office or whatever, like.
Speaker 2: I think all that sh it's weird. So I think all that's weird.
Speaker 1: You run into a woman or a woman runs into it man, and you know, you kind of talk to each other, change names.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh yeah, such and such works here, and then you just kind of show up to be like, hey, I remember having a conversation with you.
Speaker 2: I'm nothing.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say you went too far with you can have a conversation with a young lady. Let's say she tell you her name. You looked her up on LinkedIn, which is not crazy. You see what she worked. It's one of those office buildings in it.
Speaker 5: If you send her flowers after y'all have a good conversation, you think that's weird, But there's mutual interest.
Speaker 6: Even if she was for that don't mean ship these days either.
Speaker 2: That's true. Flowers is not that weird.
Speaker 5: Sending a walkie talkie, so flowers after the first like interaction is not. That's the most extreme I can see, like still cool outside of that, that's like, are you doing way too much?
Speaker 2: Bro? I just wouldn't do that after the first interaction.
Speaker 5: But there's also no rules of how I mean, there's rules but there's like no way to go about courting like fundamentally for any like everyonoe is different.
Speaker 1: So it's like, yeah, it's just like I'm here, like the rules of courting of chivalry.
Speaker 3: It sounds like they're they're changing or have changed over time.
Speaker 2: Don't take my word for people. Gotta be you gotta be.
Speaker 6: Thinking about ancestry dot com before it happened.
Speaker 5: Don't take my word for ship. This is just my opinion. I might maybe the entire world disagrees with me, so maybe nothing's changed. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, both of y'all said feel like it did different contexts. The walkie talking is weird because I would have looked at it.
Speaker 1: Like and I think that back in the day, there was a lot of misunderstanding of bad advice that were out there about how to pick up women or men about what should be done. I think, you know, I think now we women that we can hear more from women about nah that's nah, that ain't cool, you know, so, but we're still seeing weird shit happened now with the dating apps and ship like that. I think there was an incident that happened with some dating apple A couple of weeks ago that that came out. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: If the if the woman did the walkie talkie thing after like the third or fourth date, I would think it was cute and funny. But if it was after just the first interaction, not I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 2: She didn't look like she was.
Speaker 1: She got kind of peer pressured into like accepting it and going on the date too.
Speaker 5: But yeah, because this movie feels like it was made by dudes and their imagination of what they think women want.
Speaker 2: That's how this whole movie.
Speaker 3: That's what do they sell the story.
Speaker 6: A more politically correct porno. Basically, this situation ain't gonna happen for real.
Speaker 5: But I know what, but if it did, it's the perfect scenario here.
Speaker 2: That's that's a good comparison. It kind of is I feel exactly where you're going.
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: Causeword, I feel exactly where you're going. That stupid.
Speaker 5: You think about gay sex way too often. You think about gay sex so much.
Speaker 2: It's not even.
Speaker 1: Did you like something in the fact the whole they showed that that he does have standards, I suppose the morals by rejecting dvance and that becoming the friction point of why he kind of turned against him.
Speaker 3: Was she right in calling him out for that bullshit?
Speaker 1: Yes, even if Vance wasn't involved, just the fact that he was doing it as a job period.
Speaker 2: That was the other part that I know. She was looked at me like I was talking. I been talking too much. That was one of the other parts that I didn't like about this.
Speaker 5: It was like he lied to even Mendez, lying by omission is still lying. And then he tried to fucking gas lighter and play the victim afterwards, like you fucking googled me and found my fucking grandfather. I figured out that you're a date doctor and you never told me. But you're the victim now like I should. I did something wrong. No, what you're doing is fucking weird, and any woman that you're dating is probably gonna think you're being weird. You teach men how to quote unquote get women. That's weird for a regular asked woman to hear. I don't know why he's just like and you want to come an attitude like I did something wrong by google.
Speaker 2: Let get the fuck out of here. Man. It was goofy as funn Is it wrong for her to publish the piece. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: You know when a woman fed up?
Speaker 5: Man, I'm not I'm gonna say, like going into it and you do feel like watching on the first watch, you do feel a certain type of way when you sit with it and you think about it more, is like, Nah, she wasn't wrong.
Speaker 7: I mean that was her job. She was, She's doing her job. I don't trust that's all day journalists.
Speaker 2: Yo, don't want to day therapists. I would date a journalists.
Speaker 5: The worst couldn't know, you're right, the worst ones, you can say, I'll say it. I speak to both of us, me and ken therapist, worst ones, and if you listen, you know who I'm talking to.
Speaker 2: Damn crazy. I'm sure they can't. It's hard for them to cut that off from sure they can't. They can't. They don't cut it off. Oh my god, woman who read a lot about that ship to turn it off too. Yeah, but at least they can't pull him big words and ship in there. They be processing every little did this? Oh I hate that?
Speaker 5: But it's worse if they're studied on it though, Like if it's just like, oh, you read Cosmopolitan, I can clown you. But if you're like, no, I know I can tell by how many bp ms your hearts do.
Speaker 2: What the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I just don't like your asparagus the fuck.
Speaker 2: She wasn't a good journalist.
Speaker 5: Though she was or wasn't, it was not, which why I don't blame her for trying to get a big break.
Speaker 3: She would have found out all this ship about it.
Speaker 7: I think it's caught up in the experience too. She ain't know she was getting wooed.
Speaker 4: At the same time, I think her action was more about Spike than it was anything else, because, like Mike said, like if he was as smooth as he thought he was, you can like share that information. They don't have to be with Hell, you ain't gotta wait till she asked you, Hey, this is what I do, and you got a good elevator pitch to pitch it where you don't come out and sound weird as somebody who I just give dating advice.
Speaker 6: He definitely should have told her like he did. That's no reason it should.
Speaker 4: You should lead with that, like you should be proud of that, n be able to put it in a way where it don't come off the screen. You're only lying because you know that what you're gooding, it's fucked up. That's why it sounds creepy now because you didn't tell me. If you were able to tell me, you're a life coach, but if you got.
Speaker 2: To hide it. Now now you're doing something to crazy.
Speaker 1: Part to me is like you're having this food fight. And then he that was fucked up what he said about the cleaver to her though what he saying, I don't remember he said about a cleaver butcher lying when they were arguing back and forth, because she she she said something fucked up to him and then uh, and then he turned it.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, she made a fun of his allergies.
Speaker 2: And then I know a seafood place we can go to. Yeah, and then he says something about a cleaver and a butcher or whatever.
Speaker 1: Man, she really got mad, But I would think once she y'all have enough fucking food fight.
Speaker 2: He threw all that ship. She would throw a little stuff.
Speaker 6: At that point, she just walked away.
Speaker 2: This they thinking about the bun in the face thought.
Speaker 3: But he knew that she was gonna write the piece because she told him.
Speaker 2: She said, I got it queued up, ready to go.
Speaker 5: He probably don't believe she'd really do it because he thought she liked him and she did, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he fucked up.
Speaker 1: He should have stopped that ship a sap just trying to make him in and stop it so well, I think even in there, stop getting movie rolls.
Speaker 2: I don't think she's.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was pretty bad dude, Right, that was a crazy ass question.
Speaker 6: Was boy stopped trying to find a good answer.
Speaker 2: She's just not good because she's with denzil Will Smith.
Speaker 3: She was in movies.
Speaker 5: It was the least if they were you can replace even Mendez with like anybody, plethora of anybody.
Speaker 2: Jennifer, it's still hit the movie, Johanson, the movie.
Speaker 6: I still thought I was given on hard time because I show thought that was.
Speaker 2: Like, she's real bad.
Speaker 5: Feel back like when she was crying at the beginning, I was like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: She's just knows happening. She's just beautiful.
Speaker 5: It's like her and Jessica, like there's a there was an era of women or actresses where it's just like they're gorgeous, but if you just judging them based off of the quality, Yeah, tailor page on that on that track right now, she don't prove herself in the next couple of movies.
Speaker 2: That's not nice.
Speaker 5: I mean, Taylor, I feel like she just kind of popped up out of nowhere. And I don't know that people are really looking at her as like she ain't she ain't on the level of like even men, yeah, or she doesn't seem like a sex symbol.
Speaker 2: Right, Maybe I'm wrong, though. I think she's beautiful. That's what she is. She is chopping block as an actor, though I don't like there was after I was like, all right, I'm gonna see what you're doing next.
Speaker 5: And ever since, I think people are rooting for her as an actor the way they used to root for Cardi as a rapper when she first started. They feel like she kind of came out of nowhere and she didn't have anybody to.
Speaker 2: Back her up.
Speaker 5: You're not really rooting for but we kind of kind of, yeah, you're you're not like an amazing person, but amazing at this job.
Speaker 2: But I like that you have.
Speaker 3: A backstory because was good at acting in she wasn't.
Speaker 2: She was just okay. It was like I don't think it was acting. I don't know. Yeah, that's kind of how I felt too.
Speaker 7: It was just like I felt like it was natural whatever she was doing, so I was a chance moving forward.
Speaker 2: But she's pretty be Nice's pretty? Oh? I thought you were like, she's not that good looking.
Speaker 4: I had to look. I looked her up after because I didn't know what you ain't seen. I haven't seen the movie. Y'all talking about it first time. I like in Beverly Hills Cop. I was like, who is that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the remake? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three more things I have? Uh, and you can throw anything I missed that you don't want to talk about. Was it funked up what she did with Tom Reeder at the begin at the end of the movie, which she made it seem like she had moved on with another guy when Will was struggling or Alex Hitu was struggling.
Speaker 5: I don't think that was wrong at all. He didn't ask and he went against his own advice. You showed up and made a judgment call and acted on it. You didn't ask who this dude was.
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 5: But and I ain't gonna say it like that. Most women were like playing them type of games they want to see, like all right, nigga, I gotta do nigga.
Speaker 2: Here, what you're gonna do like, we don't do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but still it's.
Speaker 3: Still Yeah, he was hurt, but he wanted that woman.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: He got hit by a car, jumped on top of the car, and yeah, he jumped on top.
Speaker 2: Of the car.
Speaker 6: And that was aka you already know what that means.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: She I don't think they have a shoulder.
Speaker 2: Did they show her waking up at his house or anything.
Speaker 3: It was just when he got sick, he slept overnight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't think they implied. Really, I don't think all. I think that was the implication.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't think they had sex.
Speaker 7: I thought they had I got to rewatch it. I thought they was like like you like you mentioned like that.
Speaker 3: I don't think and I don't think AB's characters slept with a let go.
Speaker 2: I get that. I could believe.
Speaker 7: They slept all the wed night's right, of course.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had to see if she actually go through it. I guess we here.
Speaker 5: I was more impressed the fact that they found someone just as fine as even Menes to be her sister. I don't even know who that was, but I was like, Jesus, we've never been seen again.
Speaker 1: The two main scenes that I guess are out there. One is the kissing scene.
Speaker 2: That was kind funny, said my mouth was open.
Speaker 3: So that that's a big scene from the movie.
Speaker 1: And the other is the dance scene at the end, whether there's the end, but there's the one when he was teaching him how to dance and he said, you just stay here with the two steps.
Speaker 4: That was not funny. You always thank them dancing. It's funny like a.
Speaker 2: Lot of white movies, like they throw it like white people dancing.
Speaker 6: Dancing and musical and random musical numbers.
Speaker 2: Random. That was. That was a funny scene.
Speaker 6: Back when it came out, that was one of the best scenes to come out.
Speaker 3: I remember Typewriter.
Speaker 2: You didn't think the typewriter part. You know Kevin James be doing that on his show too, that he was in ship like that.
Speaker 3: That's an iconic scene though I'm sure it is.
Speaker 5: I just didn't find it funny. It was it was over the top. It was like way too far. If that scene was maybe cutting half, I might have found it a little bit funny, but it just went on and on, and he doesn't even seemed like given his character, he's even seemed like the type that would do that, Like he seemed like too shy to even be dancing like that when he was saying he had to learn how to dance somehow, like you can't just say no to dance when you were.
Speaker 2: Like trying to quart a woman.
Speaker 5: No, I know, but I thought this whole scene happened when he first brought up the whole dancing and he just meanily like, oh, I know how to dance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he thought he knew how to dance.
Speaker 1: He thought it was a good dancer, and he was just awful doing all these weird moves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't it didn't fit his character. But I mean, I'm overthinking. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I think it's just like LUs say, like a lot of white people like to see black people try to teach white people how to dance.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's all. That's it.
Speaker 7: They made plenty of movies, say The Last Dances one of them things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I did. I still I still think it's a funny scene.
Speaker 3: It's not as funny as it was back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the last part when he was doing the typewriter held up way more than the other stuff. The other stuff wasn't as funny, but still it is still a classic scene from the from the movie. I forgot all about the dancing at the end when they were doing a little.
Speaker 5: I was impressed she was doing all that in high heels. Though, was wow, that's what I'm trying to tell you. That's why he was on top of that car, cad. She did a lot of things in high He was like, I ain't letting this go.
Speaker 2: We get hitched. You think that's how really damn, I gotta we're getting hitched. Was crazy, that's lame as hell.
Speaker 1: I still trying to figure out what Kevin, Albert, Albert and Sarah.
Speaker 3: Was doing when they were doing together.
Speaker 2: Doing all they having fun, bro weird as white people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, but that's their expression of Jordan.
Speaker 5: Nick ain't lying. I've been to plenty of white weddings and they do be dancing like that. But I think it's cute when you're just like tooous.
Speaker 2: I think there's dope. Yeah, But I was wondering when he when he walked up on.
Speaker 5: The car with that with his girl making out with that dude, do you think that's how you found out about Jada?
Speaker 2: And he said, you're taping it? She probably sent them the video. Damn he heard it when he walked in, said, what is that that?
Speaker 3: In a minute?
Speaker 2: What smelled like a brand new funk?
Speaker 5: Up in this cold she was there was in this the other side of the bed.
Speaker 2: He just woke up to the bed.
Speaker 3: Was just is gone, What the hell? Ja?
Speaker 2: Augustall flabber gas?
Speaker 5: Will will got dirty, but he had you know you got this, he got his little he got.
Speaker 7: Keep on saying Margot Robbie like I heard that too, and I'm like, those are just rumors.
Speaker 6: We ain't got no confirmation.
Speaker 2: He was no red table talk about that. I believe it. I believe believe it. Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 6: I was waiting for Margot Robbie to come up there.
Speaker 2: She's not coming up there up gonna beat her ass? She looks like she can not.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, they gonna just say Jada's mama, Jaya mama, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You get you got hands. She don't beat Will's ass a couple of times. That's why he didn't complaining when August was sucking, because Mama was in the room.
Speaker 2: I was like, he know a better job of right, Mama, like playing with his boss. Willow wasn't interested. You know, did y'all see her post?
Speaker 3: Somebody shared, but I get a chance to watch it.
Speaker 2: What she do? She got?
Speaker 4: But she posted with a tear in her eye, and she was like, who ate all the pussy?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know where y'all see this?
Speaker 5: No, don't have surprised, like like it's supposed to be on ABC's.
Speaker 2: Rachel talking about it.
Speaker 5: So she said she made the post in front of it the caps, it was like, who ate all the pussy? And then she got mad because it blew up and people were talking about it and she's she's crying like it was just a joke. You got in the chat?
Speaker 2: Oh he did? I haven't been in the chat. I didn't been there.
Speaker 5: It was like the sister joke, you guys, is that the third I can't believe y'all took this this serious.
Speaker 2: That's her fault.
Speaker 5: It is you do something out there like that, No one you say attention, it's the you a Smith facts right, But she was just hit a tear like rolling down her face and then it was in front of.
Speaker 2: Who ate all the pussy?
Speaker 5: I don't understand what she expected from that post? And you Willow Smith and you're Willow Smith. Of course people are gonna be like, what the hell is going on here? I mean she like pussy. That's fine with me.
Speaker 2: I don't care the way. I just think it's a weird post. It's a weird post exactly. All right, Well, anybody got anything else about this movie?
Speaker 6: The only thing I'm thinking about is like, where does it rank? Rom cong wise?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Top?
Speaker 6: Is it top?
Speaker 7: It could be top five because it's really do you do they really talk about race? They don't really talk about that.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's one of those It's one of those rare movies that is very diverse, but they don't talk about it.
Speaker 7: It's just like we live in the city, we do this. So that's why I'm like it goes higher because of Top five. I think it may be top five. I can't name five better.
Speaker 6: Rom coms and hitch that I'm like that are enjoyable.
Speaker 7: I know, of course you have your critiques on the time it was made and all the other ship, But as far as like an enjoyable rewatchable or even a good rewatch when it came out versus what you know, rewatching it, there's not five better.
Speaker 2: What do you have as a top one love. Actually, I was.
Speaker 6: Gonna say Sleepless in Seattle.
Speaker 2: I got, I got lot.
Speaker 6: I don't give a fuck about her. I love Jones, Love Jones. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love Jones and brown Sugar.
Speaker 6: Brown Sugar is good. It's not Top five.
Speaker 5: Mens of society think it is a love story. Friday Friday may be one of the best, one of the most underrated rounds.
Speaker 2: Every damn it is good. That's a really good one. Actually, I think you're gonna make top ten five is y'all should do that? Once Rod comes back, well he's gonna be gone.
Speaker 4: But top you take different.
Speaker 2: Y'all do just me.
Speaker 3: That's gonna probably be my issue.
Speaker 1: I've seen my fast air of them, but not to rank them, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've only seen like a few, so my opinion would.
Speaker 7: Be I know which ones are popular, but like they don't I don't really resonate with.
Speaker 2: And that's the other issue.
Speaker 7: Like people talk about hearing Sally because of the most little season.
Speaker 4: Go back to that comparison that you said, like most women don't like pour, most men don't like rom cars because of the fantasy. Dude, like it's what a man would want to see it poor and the rom com is what a woman would.
Speaker 2: Want to see. I hear.
Speaker 5: I hear that that women are pushing back on that narrative though they don't like porn, that they don't like porn.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's true or not. I've never asked, but.
Speaker 3: It's not true.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I told you, I did it.
Speaker 5: The woman that was addicted to porn, she would she would watch porn like it was fucking Nickelodeon.
Speaker 2: I swear to God, I would go over there.
Speaker 5: She'd just be playing, and I'm like, why, come on, man way, I swear to God, Spike, that's an interesting person to.
Speaker 6: Be Sometimes it's like, bro, I'm not trying to watch this.
Speaker 5: She's like I got it all like it wasn't even like I'm trying to get like some ship going. It's just like, oh, I got it playing, and I'm like why, though I don't understand, why are we watching this?
Speaker 6: When they said that was like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: The times I was like, we're about okay. She's like what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I guess we ain't doing it, just watching it like a sitcom.
Speaker 5: She have it playing like it's Martin this and I'm just like, all right, this is this is this is odd.
Speaker 6: Judging it. I was judging with you.
Speaker 5: It's only a certain by the time, it's like, all right, but it's all day.
Speaker 2: Right, all the time you're watching you.
Speaker 6: Watching this, like, what are you learning?
Speaker 2: I was like, are you trying to be a poor star? And no, why are we watching it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: Because she was always watching it. She's just like, oh I like it. You gotta start asking questions at that point.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. This was high school too.
Speaker 6: It ain't like it's the Discovery Channel kid. All right, Okay, that's She's.
Speaker 2: Like animals man, Yeah, true, that may be number one for me. Yeah, that's a good one. Damn good.
Speaker 1: All right man, Well we'll leave it there. Man, we'll catch you guys. Let us know what you guys think. Is this a top ten top five rom com of all time? Let us know what you guys think. We'll cut you guys next time we're out.
Speaker 2: Peace. Peace,