Speaker 1: All right, y'all, Rick is by the mortars.
Speaker 2: I man, we got the one and only man the bosses in the all right, y'all, the box is in the bill of Rick Ross.
Speaker 1: Y'all uh and sir Hey the biggest Hey, Rick Man. Let everybody know how they can follow your music.
Speaker 2: How they can follow you on social media and let them know about your performance coming up.
Speaker 1: Man, the performance coming up.
Speaker 3: You could get your tickets right now at pom twenty dot com. Pom twenty dot com. It's gonna be next level, y'all gotta meet us there. And you know, for the music, y'all could just stream that download that Ricky Rose, I'm on ig at rich forever. You know, we hustling doing it the boss way aka the boat absolutely man. The one Voyage twenty twenty six say on October the twenty six, come party with your favorite morning show selling out of Miami, Florida is going to be a party with the purpose to benefit the United Negro College Fund on Virgin Voyages Resilient.
Speaker 1: Lady rick Y ever been on version Man.
Speaker 2: I haven't, oh Man, bruh. I went on the earth to shoot the commercial. This is the nice This is a slinky boat. It's kind of like a mix between the fourth season in the Ritz Calton.
Speaker 3: And all sound like the vibe that sound like that. It's most definitely looked the best. That's the best looking boat on the water. When I ride my I never I ain't get the chance to get on it. But it's super fly. Yeah, Doc right right over there.
Speaker 1: About the Hollywood Uh in Miami? Damn? Where the faris? Will that? You know what I'm talking about? Yeah? The Porter of Miami, right port of Miami. Yes, so man, we're gonna have.
Speaker 2: A good time, man, t I, Rick Ross, Keith Sweat, DJ Kid Capri deal, you be performing.
Speaker 1: Everybody need to go and book your cabin today. Go to one voynch Cruise dot com.
Speaker 2: That's one Voyage Cruise dot com or call two one nineteen sixty three. Listen, man, I got a five hundred dollars credit me and Rick Ross is giving you a five hundred whoa.
Speaker 1: Come on boss.
Speaker 2: By Ricky type Mary Ricky. I'm like, hey, man, listen, you used the call and the lady that called in about the buffalos. We're gonna go ahead and give you a six hundred dollar quady because you're a concern about the buffalo's and when we come out there, man to meet the buffalo, we're gonna bring the lady with us.
Speaker 1: Hold up, because that lady got really what's her name again? What was the name? Call Carolyn from Nashville or whatever I have.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have her brush ready so she could brush the buffalo.
Speaker 1: Buffalo bush.
Speaker 2: Baby, I'm sorry, I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You used to call Ricky to get the fire and all the gread Ricky yourself, go ahead and call two one four four nine five nineteen sixty three and use that all I c k E wye to get that fire. Hundred dollar cuader. Ain't Rick Robbs, ain't big dog. Oh we love you, man, man. This ain't nothing but love on this side.
Speaker 1: Baby. Just say y'all, I appreciate you, y'all. Rick Ross of the building. This up? Hey, everybody, man, I want to work in.
Speaker 2: One of the today's most talented and versustile comedians man with a career in stand up television and film. He's also a former Saturday Night Live cast member, and he's also a member of Kappa Alpha PSI Fraternity Incorporated. Leo Jam Ladyes and gentlemen, don't come on here with all that. Y'all give it up a finesse. Mitchell ain't happy to have you. Man.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I know you're over that shiit me and right now.
Speaker 2: I see your no no no, Rick first and foremost, congratulations.
Speaker 4: I know you're showing me some love, but let me show you some love. Radio Hall of Fame brother, that is no small walk.
Speaker 1: I saw that in the Lost Angeles and immediately called for the se. Congratulations man, I appreciate you for this. Man.
Speaker 2: It's people like you that's always been in my corner for over probably about thirty years, thirty years of real friendship.
Speaker 1: I remember we.
Speaker 2: Worked together at Uptown Uptown.
Speaker 1: Comedy Club back in the day when he was just talking about that.
Speaker 2: So people you don't know you from your time on Saturday Night Line. You went back for the fiftieth reunion last February, and what was that like?
Speaker 1: Being around so many damn.
Speaker 4: Legends for this nervous bro just nervous. I didn't know if I was gonna go. I was asking my wife should I go to Saint Louis and make this money or should I go back to the reunion, And she said, you can always make money.
Speaker 1: Go go to the reunion, and don't you got some people.
Speaker 4: You want to cuss out, Go cuss them out?
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I was like, nah, man, But when I went there, man, you know Tracy Morgan, you know Eddie Murphy doing Tracy Morgan in a slash.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just so many. And then I got this legendary picture, bro.
Speaker 4: I got me Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy and Keenan Thompson all in one picture.
Speaker 1: And you know, yeah, man, I was worth a trail.
Speaker 5: Ricky, you got a new comedy special Slightly Offensive.
Speaker 1: On YouTube, y'all. That's Bratt asking me a question.
Speaker 5: But it's ironic that you titled it slightly offensive because it seemed like everybody's so damn sensitive nowadays. Do you think people get too offended when it comes to.
Speaker 4: Today, Like yeah, yeah, even with the Kevin Hart roast, I saw that, and I just just the backlash that he's receiving personally as a comedian that he's supposed to stop another comedian from telling the joke on a live taping. It's like, I think people are being unrealistic. You got to hold that one comedian who told that joke accountable and not put it all on Kevin Hart, like he knew every joke that was going to be told that night and back in the day and even today. Everybody go to comedy clubs, and if you watch black comedy, the way we tell white people and the way we come in looking at white people in the crowd.
Speaker 1: And being like, oh lord, you got white people in the crowd.
Speaker 4: So the way we talk about what so, I just feel like sometimes we get way too Since then, maybe it's just a new generation of people.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you. A lot of people.
Speaker 6: May I know that you are married to Eldebarge's daughter. I mean, is it surreal to have a really famous father in lawe And was it intimidating during you know, while you were dating her?
Speaker 1: How'd y'all meet? It was the story?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I met her when I did the movie Who's Your Caddy? She was working with Tracy Edmonds and Bob Johnson then produced their first movie, Who's Your Caddy, which is the twentieth anniversary this year, And she was just sitting on set and I went and talked to her, and next thing I know, I was like, look, we have chemistry.
Speaker 1: That's obvious.
Speaker 4: But uh, I'm engaged, so if that don't work out, I'm gonna circle back.
Speaker 1: You was engaged at the time. At the time, at the time, my.
Speaker 6: Guy, And did your engagement not work out because you were already thinking about the chemistry you had with her?
Speaker 4: No, not at all. Like when I said it, I just put it out of my mind. I got married. Eighteen months later, I was divorced, and then I was lonely and I'm sitting there like.
Speaker 1: Who did I like, oh, yeah, yeah, I remember that departure girl.
Speaker 4: And I found on Facebook and her status said single and I sent her an inbox and she ignored me.
Speaker 1: And I went out to LA and I found her.
Speaker 4: I text her every day for thirty days, like good morning. She stopped texting me, and then I told my boy about it. He said, Bro, that's stalking. Leave that girl alone. You're breaking the law. I said, I'm breaking the law. I said, you know what, You're right. And on the thirty first day, Bro, I did not text her. First text met first thirty first she texted me. She text me back at around eleven am and said, what happened to my good morning?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: And I said well. I said, well, what you want to what's going on? She said, where are you? What are you doing later today? I said, I'm doing a comedy show. She said, I want to come.
Speaker 1: How did you feel? How did you feel?
Speaker 4: So she asked me where you located and I said, I'm on for wheelchair. She said I'm off of Wheelshair. I said, wait where and she said I'm off for eighth. I said, I'm off for eighth. She said, well, where are you right now? She said, come outside. I walked outside of my manager's apartment because that's why I was living at the time. She was on the other side, two buildings down, and she came outside. For thirty days, we was across the street from each other and did.
Speaker 1: Not even know it. That was Tad ten years a certain being.
Speaker 4: Now, man, we're fifteen years in ooh real, fifteen My god, man, you are a beast on stage.
Speaker 1: And you at the City.
Speaker 4: Winery win I'm at the City Winery Thursday night, eight pm. Vaness Mitchell is home in the at l people. Oh, I got a bunch of funny people coming and performing with me. This is the annual show that I do. Last year, the mayor Andrew Dickens Marcy Ova Street City Council.
Speaker 1: They gave me a proclamation.
Speaker 4: They was like, bro, we've been recognizing you and the work you've been doing for years, and I'm back June the eleventh at eight pm at the City Winery. Good people of at l If you're in the city and you need something grown to do, that's why I chose a Thursday night. You know the ain' gonna be no ruckus on the Thursdays. Come on, now, let's have a good Ricky gonna host it from FaceTime. Garry You're gonna go open up the show. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: I sure am, I sure am. I'm gonna go find me a nice little ensemble. The will to open up.
Speaker 4: Eight pm Birthday Bash City Winery. Please people, enjoy yourself dressed nice, smell good. It's gonna be a movie.
Speaker 2: And let everybody know how they can follow you on social media and everything you have going on.
Speaker 4: Hey man, I'm on TikTok if you in your twenties. I'm on TikTok for Neess Mitchell zero. Okay, I was Foraness Mitchell, but I got locked out. Now for Neess Mitchell zero, I had to start over. If you're in thirties, I'm on Instagram, just foress Mitchell. In your forties, I'm on LinkedIn, Join my village speaking, Let's go. In your fifties, I'm on Facebook. If you're in your sixties, I'm at Foraness Mitchell at hotmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Man entertaining. It's the page on the Freaky Smiling.
Speaker 2: Morning Showtrase right here, Afrita's good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning Ricky.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday, June eleventh. Here's what's going on in the news.
Speaker 6: Detectives in Chicago are investigating after a burning cross was spotted in broad daylight in Grant Park this week. Police and firefighters responded after reports of an object on fire. Fire crews put out the flames and no injuries were reported. Investigators have released a photo of a shirtless man who could be connected, but he hasn't been publicly identified yet. A ten thousand dollars reward is being offered for re info leading to an arrest FYI Ricky. Grant Park is where Barack Obama gave his two thousand and eight victory speech after being elected the nation's first black president. Speaking all President Trump has signed a nearly seventy billion dollar immigration enforcement bill, locking in one of the biggest deportation pushes of.
Speaker 1: His second term.
Speaker 6: Now, this new law sends about thirty eight billion to ICE and another twenty six billion to border patrol, giving the administration long term funding to ramp up arrested detention and removals through the end of Trump's term. And now those same hardline immigration policies are following the World Cup, which is officially underway. Now I know Rocktee has game details coming up, but off the filled, immigration is becoming a big headline after Somali World Cup referee was denied entry into the US, even though reports say he had a valid visa. Officials have also raised concerns about visa issues and travel restrictions.
Speaker 1: And then there are the refugee numbers.
Speaker 6: Since October first, reports say the US has admitted six thousand, six hundred and sixty eight refugees and according to those reports, six six hundred and sixty five of them were white South African, so only three of them were not white. Critics say this looks like one set of rules for some people and a very different set of rules for everybody else, and it's not even subtle for rip on these stories and more Garismiley Mornings Show dot com. Now here's a look at sports rock te.
Speaker 1: The sports genius is in the building. Fight for jail and Frontsaon allow him to operate at the top.
Speaker 2: One on one, cous Brumpson gets it fires up with three shop No god the chick.
Speaker 1: What's gone? It's gone, It's gone?
Speaker 7: What's one point two permaders?
Speaker 1: Necks take the lead?
Speaker 7: Oh Trean nob huts one O seven, one O six Man.
Speaker 1: New York Knicks with a historic comeback win over the Spurs last night.
Speaker 7: Og anonanoby game winning tipping with one point two second left on the clock, biggest comeback in NBA Finals history. Jalen had thirty six, og had thirty three. Knicks win of three to one. The San Antonio Spurs should be a dog on shame of themselves.
Speaker 1: How you gonna blow a.
Speaker 7: Twenty nine to thirty point lead. Could you try to play safe? You tried to play not to win or me not to lose?
Speaker 1: Whatever? Like, come on, man, it's the series is over. The series is over. Spurs may get one more game made. Were you think? Come on, man, I think they'll get one more game. It'll be over at six. Yeah, this's this over man, come on in New York.
Speaker 6: And I felt so sad for Wimby. He looks so sad.
Speaker 7: For him to be holding his own He's doing this thing man.
Speaker 2: Because he got the rest of the son to begin stuff off of the shift at Costco.
Speaker 7: Listening after the game, the Knicks fans did not leave the arena. They stayed there for probably about an hour just hanging out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: So it is what it is, man, he shout out to the World Cup. They kick off the if he for World Cup kicks off today and United States played Port of Porta Grade tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So this is exciting with soccer.
Speaker 7: If y'all ain't soccer fans, check out the World.
Speaker 1: Cup, it is bananas.
Speaker 7: My quick sports report right there, Brad got the hot spot right now.
Speaker 1: Drop it like it's hard. Drop it like it's hard. Hot spot at all? Reason around the morning time for the hot spot. What you got, Brett?
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Ricky?
Speaker 5: Good morning, everybody. I'm your girl bred tat tat and this is the hot spot where we bring you music, movies and more.
Speaker 1: So let's get on off into it.
Speaker 5: With several legendary male old school rappers dropping new music like t I, Juvenile, Snoop and Luda. It's time for the ladies to get on up in the game. So MC light is now teasing new music. Light says she just rapped on a new project that she'll be dropping soon, and here's what.
Speaker 1: She had to say about it.
Speaker 5: So, I just rapped on a project that I can't fully talk about just yet.
Speaker 1: But he is going and he's a legend.
Speaker 5: And I rapped on his song and he rapped online and humm, turn on.
Speaker 1: Your post notifications. I'm not gonna want to miss this.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't wait through y'all think she might be collaborating with Lil Wayne? Yeah, well, what made you say Lil Wayne?
Speaker 4: He fun, Yes, and he's a good guy and he's a hot thing right now.
Speaker 6: She sees a legend all the little inn in What about what about ll or method Man?
Speaker 1: That's the method Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I canthod, Yeah, it sounds like it could be Method Man?
Speaker 6: Who else? Who else?
Speaker 1: Y'all thinkd Man? Okay?
Speaker 5: Moving on, Robert cool Bell of the legendary group cool in the Gang has expanded his entrepreneurial footprint with the new beverage it's called Le coolis Champagne La Cool Champagne, a luxury champagne brand. He also developed other ventures, including Cool and Coconut Water, and he's also working on a Mohito collaboration. Robert cool Bell says success is no longer about creating timeless records. It's about making sure the next generation owns something timeless too. Now, as for Cooling the Gang, they are still booked and busy, and they just wrapped a twenty sold out shows tour in France, so that is amazing. So congratulations go out to them all right, y'all. Cardi B jumped on her Live she had a message for her hyterus. Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 1: You gotta let that hate go.
Speaker 8: You want know why be Because the way I'm putting things together, the way I'm planning things out, I'm going to keep on winning and you're literally gonna die who We win over and over and over again. Now, if you banking on my downfall, it's not going to happen. It's never going to happen. I might have some bad days that you might get a little key out of, but I'm never going to fall. I promise you I'm not your enemy. I mean, there's probably somebody out there that praying on your downfall. But not mean though, because I don't give about you.
Speaker 5: Agree, al not thinking about you. All one for biting her tongue, her I love her so Muchall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they be waiting for you to fail, as makes the people that are around your.
Speaker 5: People you've helped you start healthy. Come on, Oh wait, the people who you have helped and you don't stop helping.
Speaker 1: Not I don't want you to fail.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, exactly exactly. We can.
Speaker 1: We can talk about this for hours we go. We could do this furs and house.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we're gonna wrap up the hospital.
Speaker 1: On that note.
Speaker 5: For more information on these stories and more, you can go to Ricky Smiley Morningshow dot com and if you've missed any of the show, you can check it out on the Rickey Smiley Morning Show podcast, available wherever you get your podcasts. And you could catch me on my social media and so so.
Speaker 1: Brett