Speaker 1: And where are we going here? Anything you have a chance against ours? Mister cowboy? Hey mother, what do you like to do? Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Play chess? School Seller's play chess?
Speaker 3: They give off that Jonathan Taylor chuck cutting its way walking the goal line. He's in there, put down andde why Jonathan Taylor Reler finds lawn.
Speaker 4: Here's halliburn into the front court, mishandled it mcgainst any shots it?
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 3: I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come true. The ride with JM V on ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan, Hey, welcome into the show. Cayler's over there, I'm John right here. That's one hell of a day we had yesterday, wasn't it. That is the springboard we need to have a fantastic weekend. We've got jack assery all around. It started with the inbound new boy, the maker ad who's presence? Yes, or I should say today on Query and Company clarified things. You know, you guys thought about this had you been in a similar spotlight. We all think we have the answers. I know I act like I have the answers. In fact, there's nobody out there that has less answers about anything than me. I tell you, the one truth thing that I know and I feel comfortable in. This is all really the massive amount of things.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I think that's how I'm able to walk around upright and not constantly run into stuff.
Speaker 5: Now, otherwise it would be it'd be difficult. It would But how would you guys have handled that?
Speaker 3: If you are Tommy McClellan, would you have just said, hey, you know, it looked like it was scripted and we're gonna go by his word. He appeared with Jake a little bit earlier today on Query and Company to clear the air and said, you know what, it was just me trying to be funny, and if you gather a dude like that, probably rarely, if ever, has been funny.
Speaker 5: Let's face it, guys, guys like that.
Speaker 3: He's an incredibly intelligent human being, but making people laugh is probably not at the top of his This is what I've done list, nor will it be.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, Hey, this will be funny when I knock him dead.
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 3: I kind of wondered about is any boiler Maker fans that are left out there that are not on the side of man, I wish this crap cloud would just go away, and you're thankful for the weekend because you know, we all have short attention span, so we're gonna forget about.
Speaker 5: It by Monday.
Speaker 3: But do you wish if you're not hoping that it just simply goes away, how about just flexing on it and going, Hey, well, this is what we expect. We're Purdue, this is what we strive for. This is a new world, a new era, new landscape. You could have mixed in. Well, you know, our competitors to the south, they got a little bit of something right now. Now it's up to us to go at it too. That's why I'm here. I'm here to raise some funds. I'm here to obtain some cash and spread it around and bring high level winning to this football program. I'm here to back up Barry Odemar football coach. Would you have doubled down on that at all? Or that have just made it worse? But flexing on that a little bit? Hey, you know what I said? What I said, that's what I mean, by God? Or do you just say man, I really jecked this thing up, and I was trying to be funny and I'm not, which again, you can look at it, and that's a guy that probably rarely has ever been funny about anything. That was probably the funniest he's ever been and it was by accident. So I can't imagine. I can't imagine that that was a comfortable situation for him. But I will say this, I will give I'll give him credit for coming on. This is what he had with Jake a little bit earlier. This is new on the Inbound ad Tommy McClellan up Purdue talking about that statement that he made that everybody has been talking about for the past twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: The last several days has just been an incredible opportunity for me and my family. As we've arrived here in the Greater Lafayette community, we've had an incredible worm welcome, and yesterday was another banner day of that, being able to share the vision and the hope and the optimism and the where are we going the trajectory of Purdue Athletics and what can be And in the midst of that great day made an off the script, off the script, off the cuff remark about an instate rival as a joke that didn't land well, And I knew it immediately as it came out of my mouth. And you know, listen, sometimes it's like taking the ball in the first tee and putting it in the lake.
Speaker 5: You got to tee it up.
Speaker 4: The good news, Jake, is that we've got eighteen more holes.
Speaker 2: We've got to keep going.
Speaker 4: The thing that bothered me, probably more than anything, is it becomes a distraction to what the focus is.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I want to get the attention on where are we trying to go? How are we going to get there? We've got six hundred thousand living alums, fifty five plus thousand students, an incredible state, We've got an incredible opportunity ahead of us, and the last thing I want is an off the comfort mark to be a distraction to what the real goal is here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say this, I don't think it was a distraction to what the real goal is. It was a need of the nuts to the fan base, That's what it was. It was an embarrassing need of the nuts. It was like something from where the home videos, remember the Yeah that show? Right, what's the Golden Yeah, funniest home video and you know, all the funniest moments is when accidentally some guy got hit in the nuts every single time. That's really the only thing that was redeemable about that show is you're going to get like fifteen different nutshots and we're all going to laugh. That's what the boy, the maker fan base felt like yesterday. So there was not a distraction. There's not going to be a distraction. This will loom above his head until they prove otherwise. And when you win, a lot of this stuff goes away. When you win, everybody is quiet. When you win, you no longer are a part of the butt of jokes. I think what's more distracting on what has been more distracting for the fan base and for what Purdue is trying to do is what the football team has looked like and some of the decision making with the football program, and you know, moving forward now and hopefully you get that right with Barry Odom who to me seems like he says and does all the right things. And even though you're the boss, and then you all know that Matt Painter always does and says the right things. So luckily for you, even though you are the boss, you can kind of look around the room a little bit and people can help you out. But I don't think that that was distracting. But I will give the tip of the cap for him going on Jake's show and saying what he said.
Speaker 5: You have to to own it.
Speaker 3: But it was not a distraction. It was simply put embarrassing as hell. That's exactly what you don't want. Distraction. Like I said, the distraction hopefully will go away quickly. But that was embarrassing to a lot of folks. And the moral of the story is, if your forte is not being funny, then probably don't try it in your introductory press conference after you at ben tabbed as the next athletic director at Purdue.
Speaker 5: That's it. Know what you don't know?
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that's how I walk around because I am as dumb as this table top, and I realize it.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to fool anybody.
Speaker 3: You guys ever notice on this show, Hey, it doesn't sound like Jamb's trying to fool anybody with this dialogue and his ut words usage. Why because I know about five is why I can't fool anybody I'm not smart enough to fool anybody.
Speaker 5: You got to know what you don't know.
Speaker 3: There's where you can't officially embark on what is the true battle right there? And yesterday unfortunately the new l LETI director there did not know what he didn't know. Yeah, trying to be funny, the old zinger, the old zinger. What was that dude's name that went on Letterman the time and thought he was being funny and it just turned out to be a disaster.
Speaker 5: Was his name? Crispin Glover? Is that who that is?
Speaker 3: Or is that somebody different? Here's the guy that did the karate kick and it whizz right by Letterman's face. That who I'm thinking of, Crispin Glover. See, he thought he may have been high on drugs at that moment, which is completely different. But he thought at that time that he was trying to be funny and it wasn't funny.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: You can got to know what you don't know.
Speaker 3: So hopefully now for Tommy McClellan, their vision of what they believe he can bring to that athletic program and institution can become a reality and knuckleheads like me can stop making fun of it. You got to know what you don't know, man, especially, I don't know how many people, Hey, Caleb, how many people out there you think are as dumb as me? Give me a great example. It just happened literally fifteen minutes ago, did it not? Caleb says, Hey, did you send me that thing for email?
Speaker 5: Said? Yeah, I said it to you. Where is it?
Speaker 3: You didn't find it? You don't see what's going on? Oh I didn't send it. It's in there all the desktop. And Eddie Garrison said, it's probably still in your desktop. See he knows he guy is the guy. He's not very bright right here. It's probably still in there on his desktop. He may have just forgotten to do it all together. But no fault of yours. I get reminded of that on not a weekly, not a daily, but an hourly basis, And that's okay.
Speaker 5: I have learned to live with it.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear the entire conversation, Jake was out at the State Fair the opening day of the State Fair going on. It looks like started out with rain. It looks like it's hot and humid and sunny right now. So let's go to it. And certainly you can listen to that conversation with Tommy McClelland and Jake on a podcast at one oh seven five fan dot com. I'm gonna get to the Fever in just a second, because if you thought that that was going to be all she wrote in the terms of embarrassing situations on a Thursday, you had yet watched the Fever play against the Vegas Aces, because that was some embarrassing stuff too, all the way around, All the way around. Tricia Thompson, ESPN bot of the Hour, how many thirty for thirties has she been involved with? I know that she's involved with the show aotani thing, but how many do you know at all?
Speaker 6: Not thirty for thirty specifically, but she's done broke a lot of stories, even about you know, Daniel Snyder's ownership with the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 5: She's very, very plugged in.
Speaker 6: And if you've seen anything about the show, heyo Tani, Yeah, thirty for thirty. I think it's a real interesting conversation conversation just about gambling and that whole story because it is it is a never ending rabbit hole, that whole thing.
Speaker 3: So excited rabbit hole reference right there. That's the first time the rabbit hole reference has ever been used on this show. Yeah, happy to use I and I apologize. I'm not suggesting you are, but I normally associate terms like that with nerds.
Speaker 5: File that under with green dot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the green dot, rabbit holes. Mount Rushmore's of using narrative. Those are the top I got onetionality, optionality, another one top five nerdery.
Speaker 5: That's how you tell me automatical And I'm.
Speaker 3: Not suggesting you are, but maybe you're showing signs of nerdery when you go in those categories. It's Caleb over there, up John and bottom of the ole. Tricia Thompson is going to join us. I will tell you this. Don Fisher just got back with me. Don says he can join. We'll see if we can go at five thirty with Don today.
Speaker 1: That works.
Speaker 3: Don Fisher, Voice of the Hoosiers. We're bringing Bob Lovell back once again. Four year number one, thoy thirty two. Bob lovel is going to join us today at four thirty. He starts once again after a summer long vacation hiatus. He is back with Indiana Sports Talk. That, my friends, is what you call an institution. Did you see the meeting of the minds out here. A little bit earlier this week, we had Bob Lovell here and we had Ray from Telemundo. There are two of the most interesting men in the world right there. He is, like, I can't believe what's going on here. I felt compelled just to say, can somebody snap a photograph of all of us together right here? The most interesting dudes in the world. Bob's going to join us today at four thirty. Pat Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden hashtag asked, Pat, get those questions in. Somebody's gonna win some stuff. I know that it's the Ride with JMV Yetties. You guys dig on free and I know that to be true because I've had a lot of Howard Jones winners. Chime in, go hey, where are my tickets? I won these tickets. I don't have them yet, So I've been helping you make sure that you have those tickets for later on tonight, because you guys are all going to buy me beers for my effort. But Pat Sullivan with free stuff, the Ride with JMV Free Yetties on the person that Caleb selects that we either talk to you on the phone that has a question hashtag Guss Pat, or we read your question. Maybe it's via three one, seven, two, nine, ten seventy on text line, or maybe it's at jamb ten seventy on X. Maybe it's an email. Whatever, somebody's gonna win it. Plus he always brings some cool stuff in here, which is nice. Pat Sullivan top of the four o'clock how I mentioned Bob Lovell four thirty.
Speaker 5: I felt the need for all of us, and hopefully you understand this. I felt the need.
Speaker 3: I was compelled to lead us all down the path of knowledge of education for the twenty twenty six college football season. Does it feel like it's time?
Speaker 5: You know this to be true?
Speaker 3: The gateway to every college football season always starts on this show. It always starts with the Almanac, the college football Preview. And you can get that via hard copy. You can go to Books a Million, you can go to Barnes and Noble. Get that bad boy rot off the magazine rack. Put that right next to the toilet. Nobody has ever been educated more as a member of Generation X than toilet readings. It is a beautiful thing. You're going to be like Desmond Howard will have nothing on. You think Kirk Herbstreet knows something, You're gonna know more because that college football preview is right next to your crapper. Phil's going to join us, so we're all going to be educated on the college football season. Coming up at the five o'clock hour mark of this show. Phil Steele, as usual his annual destination is on this show at five o'clock, and it looks like as long as he can do it. At five thirty today, the voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fischer, will join us for the first time. So cannot wait for that, all right. I hate to do it because we're feeling so good even after that loss. Going back to Sunday, we were feeling good, feeling about what do I say?
Speaker 5: And I may have to put this up on the.
Speaker 3: Dorkery Mount Rushmore of this is how I know you're a nerd terms, but we thought that this team had turned the corner.
Speaker 5: And you lose in Minnesota on Sunday.
Speaker 3: It was game three of after the All Star Break, a three game road trip and the Link's best team right now, the WNBA.
Speaker 5: So you give them that.
Speaker 3: And then you go home and they get off to what a twenty two point advantage early on. And I don't know if I've ever seen a team lose a twenty two point lead as quickly as the Fever did in the first half of that game last night. That was amazing. Anybody ever seen a lead? Seriously, I don't know if you do. You think if you would have just pulled the all five players off the floor and Vegas could have just gone by virtue of not getting the inback, you know, I don't know if you would lose the lead as quickly as they did.
Speaker 5: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 5: Everything was going wrong and so many of the issues that this team has had this season.
Speaker 3: The only thing about it was the biggest issue during that moment was the lack of offense. They went forever in a day without scoring. That has never been an issue. That was a serious issue last night. And these are some things this late in the season where you go, all right, so have we been fooled about where this team has been as we get to this portion of the season. There is zero way if you're the team that's rotten, full of expectations and things to live up to, and as talented across the board as this team is at home, You're going to turn this thing over twenty one times and don't give me that vegas pressure defense both sides. It was awful offense and at best it was half assed defense. You turned the ball over twenty one times in IHLA, I think the Aces turned it over sixteen, and there was very little defense being played. The ball was just going absolutely everywhere. It's like, hey, we got these ten people out here and this is the first time they've ever seen this round thing.
Speaker 5: It was awful.
Speaker 3: There was a moment where you thought, I gotta turn this off. It is awful basketball. It was awful basketball. But under those circumstances, if you're the fever at home, you just want to survive it. And they were in position to survive it, and then unfortunately for their star and their team, it unreveled in Tommy McClellan embarrassing fashion. That's exactly what that was. An embarrassment last night. You cannot have that happen if it is a team that is going all out and they're tough and they're just coming down hard on you, and you've got, for example, Olivia Miles of the Lynx is out there just taking you off the dribble and scoring it will That was both sides.
Speaker 5: Of it was crapwater.
Speaker 3: It was there was no need for what you had to witness last night inside of Gambridge field House and Caitlin Clark, unfortunately, in the closing moments of that game, the superstar of the team and of the league, certainly the profile of the league. You have to close that you missed two free throws. Kelsey Mitchell misses a free throw. You had that up one incredibly awful position and know that was not a foul on Asia Wilson. Oh man, she got fouled. She Here's what happened. Caitlin Clark goes up to pass the ball deflected. Both had the opportunity to go up and get it. Wilson went up to get it. She is the bigger player, and in the process of getting the ball discarded Caitlin Clark whom turned the ball over.
Speaker 5: That's that.
Speaker 3: So don't give me that she was foul. You wouldn't foul on the play. The defensive play was made and there was just some discombobulation And I think it all comes down to the discombobulation of the offensive night that Kaitlin Clark was having which would also stand the reason why you saw her at the free throw line with a chance to put the game away by hitting one free throw up three. One free throw does it for you, and you missed two with a little over seven seconds remaining. Cannot happen. We would say that about anybody on that. We would say that about Tyrese Haliburton. In a minute, it cannot happen. Zero of two cannot happen. And Caitlin Clarke herself talked about this after the game, described her play, especially during late game circumstances into regulation and into overtime, as follow.
Speaker 7: Obviously just can't happen. And those are free throws I usually make and certainly frustrating, you know. Obviously one of them gives us a two possession lead and kind of cost my name there for sure.
Speaker 6: So that's on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she knows better than anybody else, and she should know better than anybody else. Hey, it's tough to deal with and it stinks to deal with, but that that can't happen. As she said, that cannot happen. You don't just give that away. They just gave that away last night. But that was some excruciatingly awful basketball really on both sides. I mean, Chelsea Gray knocked down a couple of threes, and hey, it's not lost on me. With Stephanie White, I didn't think they had enough time to foul when they were up three. However, I don't know if I'd come out and say, well, we weren't going to listen, the whole thing looked like an absolute unathletic mess. Trying to put that thing away defensively, they just did you throw it in. You know, you got to secure Stephanie White center. You got to secure that fifty to fifty ball. We knew what they were gonna run. Alexi Hall had her head turned, had no idea where the ball was. She was face guarding, and then the ball bounced in the right direction, right to Chelsea Gray. She knocks down a wide ass open three. Can't happen. So, but I will say this, and you're gonna say, well, you're just a f the coach. By the way, twenty one turnovers, misfree throws, lack of execution late, that's not on the coach. Now, I would question why the coach was not even if there was not enough time to implement a fouling process there. Why you weren't thinking about that? I would question that, But everything else is on the players. That's all on the players, and really your criticism is going to come down to who you like and who you don't like. So all the Kaitlin Clark zelots out there are going to say, wow, you know she got fouled there on that play or is here, this is what was going on. They're trying to keep the ball away from and none of that could be further from the truth. You know who said it right, you know who had the accurate description, Kaitlin Clark. So just listen to that. No, you have to listen to me. I'm right, But you don't have to listen to me. If you want to listen to somebody that knows and then truly believe it. If you don't buy it right now, listen to Caitlin Clark. What we just played was all that needed to be said. Yeah, that was an embarrassing laws So the introduction of the new Bullermaker ad was beyond embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Steven A.
Speaker 3: Smith going off on it, I think he said the most embarrassing moment ever. It'd be the most embarrassing moment. Ever, if it mattered as much as what Steven A. Smith thinks it matters, I mean around here everybody got aroused by it, right well, I should say this maybe the opposite of arousal for Bullermaker fans, but you know what I mean, everybody got stirred up about it around here. Yeah, nationwide. It was just kind of the bud of jokes and it was embarrassing. But yeah, most embarrassing thing.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 3: He'll probably pop something off coming up Monday that he feels is even more embarrassing than that.
Speaker 5: On the Eddie Moore Automotive Group Potlain and on the Ride.
Speaker 3: With JMV from ESPN investigative reporter, Hey, I'm bolting my windows and doors right now, covering up because Tisha Thompson joins us, you ever often get that as an investigative reporter at the highest level.
Speaker 5: People kind of signe Stephanie A bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People are like, do you want to look at my phone right now?
Speaker 3: How does one focus in on wanting to become and or accomplish what you have in your world? Your realm of investigative reporting, especially on this latest thirty for thirty on show, Heyo Tani.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, a lot of it comes from people with tips. That's how this story started.
Speaker 8: We got a tip in October twenty twenty three, which, just to help people remember, was right before the news broke that show Heyo Tani was about or signed a seven hundred million dollar contract to play with the Dodgers. So behind the scenes, while everybody was talking.
Speaker 2: About that, I was trying to figure out if this tip was true or not. You know, we get a lot of tips.
Speaker 8: At the ESPN Investigative Unit. Sometimes you never learn anything about them because they just.
Speaker 2: Don't follow through. In this case, we had.
Speaker 8: Good documents, We talked to a lot of sources, and it ended up being one heck of a story where we ended up following the money.
Speaker 5: How long did it take you to verify that tip to be accurate?
Speaker 8: The initial tip was accurate. It was literally right on the money, and we got that in October of twenty twenty three, and we ended up publishing our first story.
Speaker 2: There were a number of stories in March of.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty four, right as the regular season was getting started that year.
Speaker 3: So Tisha Thompson joins US investigative reporter from ESPN. Before I get started on this thirty for thirty in your so your I Guess World of tips? What is the percentage of those that have turned out to be accurate compared to those that have led to nowhere?
Speaker 2: You know, most of the time the original tip is accurate.
Speaker 8: What happens is trying to confirm it or find multiple sources for it. I mean that was the challenge with this story in particular, is we knew money was going from show hey Otani's bank account to an illegal bookmaker.
Speaker 2: And the reason why that was important is I think everybody these days knows.
Speaker 8: You cannot bet on baseball if you're a baseball player or a staffer with.
Speaker 2: Major League Baseball. That is against the rules.
Speaker 8: But you also are not allowed to bet with a bookie or have anything to do with a bookie because it's illegal. And it's so trying to figure out just because the money went from someone's bank account doesn't mean that that person knows that that money is leaving their bank account, right, So who is actually the person sending the money?
Speaker 2: That was really important to me.
Speaker 1: And in this.
Speaker 8: Podcast we go to a show Heotani's agent and we say, look, we have we've seen proof, We've seen that these wires sent money to this illegal book maker. We want to talk to show Heyo Tani and they said, maybe we'll see, but we'll give you the person who knows what happened, and that's Epei me Tahara, who of course is show Heyo Tani's interpreter at the time and has often been described as show Heyo Tani's best friend.
Speaker 5: That's an incredible right there.
Speaker 3: So in your investigation to this and again the thirty for thirty podcast the Betrayal of Sho Otani, how long did it take Otani to understand what was going on?
Speaker 8: Well, that's what we really get into in the podcast. I think a lot of people know the headline that the interpreter was accused by Otani's lawyer for stealing from show Hey, and then the interpreter later says, yes, I'm guilty, I did it and goes to prison for it.
Speaker 2: But there was a lot of strangeness leading up to all of that.
Speaker 8: As I said, we went to show he Atani's people and he said, we want an explanation for what's going on.
Speaker 2: They give me an interview with Epai me Tahara in episode two.
Speaker 8: For the first time you can actually hear the interview that I do with Epay, and the original interview was about ninety minutes long. We don't make you listen to all ninety minutes of it, but we let you listen to the vast majority of it. You know, the stuff with the like nitty gritty detail. You don't need to listen all that, but you hear the good stuff. You hear him tell me his version of the story. And then sixteen hours later, I get back on the phone with him and he recants almost all of it. He tells me that he lied to me, and he lied to show Hey, And so that's very strange. I've had a lot of people lie to me in my career, but I haven't ever had anything like what happened in the twenty four hours leading.
Speaker 2: Up to and after that interview with Epay.
Speaker 6: Tisha Caleb here and I just want to say love the podcast and am still still getting through it. And I'm glad you talked about episode two because to me, that's the most bone chilling part to me, your conversation with Epay. When you were talking to him, he kind of talked about how bad he felt and the.
Speaker 5: Remorse he felt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as a reporter, how do you balance that between like feeling maybe some sympathy at that time in the timeline of the story with trying to get the details down and trying to do a job.
Speaker 8: Well, I say this to everybody, everybody's got a story, and I'm willing to listen to them. I want to hear what they went through. At the same time, with Epay, I had been tipped off by a source that Epay was prepared to say that he was the one gambling and that it was all his fault. And that's what essentially happens is is he says I'm the gambler, and he does. He expressed a tremendous remorse. And there's a moment in an episode two where he tells me he hasn't told anyone in his family how much trouble he's in because he knows he's in trouble.
Speaker 2: He knows it's bad.
Speaker 8: He does not admit to me in that interview how much money he really owed to the bookie. But I had been tipped off that it was at least four and a half million dollars had been sent from sho Aotani's bank account, but it was probably more at least sixteen million dollars, And so when I say to him, is it at least four point five? He says, I think so. And then I say, could it be more than that? He says, I don't think so. We're talking about.
Speaker 2: Millions of dollars. He isn't sure.
Speaker 8: So that's an example in the interview where I'm very skeptical. I'm wondering if he is in fact lying to me, And there's multiple instances of that. And then, of course in episode five, which just came out yesterday, and people can listen to the Feds lay out their.
Speaker 2: Case of what they found when they got into Epay's.
Speaker 8: Phone and the Bookie's phone, and they compared all the records that they collected when they did raids on the Booky's house, and they rated Epay's car, and they went through all this evidence. And there are multiple places where Epay's lying to me in that interview that the Feds later said, Nope, guess what it was?
Speaker 2: Sixteen million dollars?
Speaker 3: For instance, Wow Tisha Thompson ESPN investigative report of the thirty for thirty podcast, The betrayal of Show hey Otani is high level interest and Tisha joins us here on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline.
Speaker 5: I guess I never really knew this.
Speaker 3: Did Epay and Otani know one another before he became his interpreter? How did all that that introduction, I guess of sorts go down initially?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm really glad you asked about that, because while we were all focusing on oh my gosh, all this money, how much money?
Speaker 2: Who stole what?
Speaker 8: One of the big questions that kind of went unanswered for me until we got a chance to do the thirty for thirty podcast is who is Epay?
Speaker 2: Who is this man?
Speaker 8: And we spend a lot of most of episode three really digging into what we do and don't know about Epay Mitsahara, because we do discover that they meet in Japan. He Epay is hired by the Knee Pon Hand Fighters, which is a Japanese baseball team to be an interpreter for American baseball players who are playing in Japan, and Shohi Otani. When he shows up to play for the Knee Pon Hand Fighters, his locker is right next to the American players, and that's where Epay and Shohy get to know each other. And in episode three we interview an American player who really got to know Epay because Epay was his interpreter.
Speaker 3: Before he becomes sho He's interpret Wow, that is that's some deeply rooted stuff right there. Now, What was the most interesting aspects of the entirety of your podcast and the investigation you did?
Speaker 5: The reporter you did itself right here?
Speaker 2: Well, I have to say the interview I did with you Pay is unlike any interview I've ever done in my career.
Speaker 8: And having the opportunity and the time and the space to let the fans hear the entire interview, that's pretty unusual. We don't normally you have the time to let people sit there and listen to the whole interview. But this interview warrants it, right, I think having that chance for fans to hear that. But also it's very rare for the FEDS, and when I say the FEDS, I mean the IRS and the other investigators in the US Attorney's Office to ever talk about an investigation.
Speaker 2: They do not talk about many of their investigations.
Speaker 8: The IRS special agent that we have in episode five has never done an interview before in a twenty year career of investigating tax crimes. But he lays out he's the guy that went through all the text messages between Epay and show. Hey, he's the guy that did the raid on the book He's house, He's the guy that's found all these baseball cards in Epay's car, And you're like, well, why do I care about baseball cards? They end up becoming an important part of the story.
Speaker 6: Tricia Last Tisha, Oh my gosh, I did it again.
Speaker 2: All right, sorry about it?
Speaker 5: The last one from me. I'm messing up here.
Speaker 6: In episode four, it's all about Matt Boyer, the bookie, and with him and under you kind of get a glimpse into the ugly underbelly of the gambling world. Just what did you take from spending time with him, and just how kind of in my opinion gross, I will say that, but kind of what did you think of just the whole gambling industry and bookie industry and the intimidation factor that they used and they talked about in that portion of the podcast.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I keep talking about how unusual it is to get people to talk. It's very unusual to get a bookie to tell you how he does it and In episode four, Matt Boyer not only explains how he hooked Epay as a client and how he essentially kept Epay on the line, you know, getting him to bet more and more and more and getting him to continue to pay this massive debt.
Speaker 2: Epay ran up a forty million dollar debt with this bookie, so there were a lot of questions about that.
Speaker 8: But he also really gets into detail about how he hooks all kinds of clients, not just Epay, but how he goes on golf courses and he plays in poker games and it feels very friendly, and it feels like it's just, you know, a couple of bets between some guys, you know, playing some golf, drinking some beers. But it's all in pursuit of getting you so in debt that the only way you think you can get out of debt from this guy simply playing a game of golf is to sign up for his book. And how he is perpetually threading that needle from keeping his clients from going bankrupt so that he continue to make as much money as he can.
Speaker 2: Very rare to get that.
Speaker 8: Frank and like Insider's perspective on the guys that you're essentially betting against anyone who likes the sports bet really should listen to what he's thinking about and how he's betting against you, essentially when he's taking your money.
Speaker 3: Man, that is it's a lesson that can be learned across the board, right there, tissue.
Speaker 5: I don't think there's any question.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it's a remarkable interview. He's very forthright in it, and I do a lot of I mean I've interviewed him now many times over the last two years. But he was about to go to prison. He was convicted for bookmaking, and so he was like, what do I got to lose?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how I did it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: One of these days we'll probably watch a feature film regarding that. Maybe no A lot of.
Speaker 2: People care about show.
Speaker 8: Hey, I mean it's hard to explain how sameous he is. And he's not just this great baseball player, but he's an international superstar. I mean, he makes one hundred and twenty five million dollars a year just in endorsements. That's on top of the money the Dodgers are paying him. That's on top of his business and his investments. I mean, he is a real international superstar, Tisha, this was awesome.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you jumping on here today, and again I want to remind folks the thirty for thirty podcast, The Betrayal of Shohei Otani.
Speaker 5: It is available wherever you get podcast.
Speaker 3: It is I guess that I'd probably wrongly say here episodic, so there are different episodes and I'm from Southern Indiana.
Speaker 5: Here episodic and it is awesome.
Speaker 3: A tremendous listen, and thank you so much for the time today, And a shout out to Caleb who felt compelled to put you on the show because of his interest in the podcast in the first place.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 8: Southern Indiana is the hometown of my godfather. It's one of my favorite places. Oh oh Dyannapolis is such a fun town, so thank.
Speaker 2: You for having me.
Speaker 5: Where's the godfather from Tisha?
Speaker 8: Way down south, tiny little farm.
Speaker 2: There's not even a name for his town.
Speaker 5: It's but you know what's what's it near?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: And I love them to death.
Speaker 5: Do you know what town it's near?
Speaker 8: It literally the border like it's boss as you can get in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say Posey County right there. The Godfather. Shout out to the Godfather right there. I don't know, but yeah, Tisha, it's been a pleasure. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Tisha Thompson right there of ESPN Investigative Reporter.
Speaker 5: That was good. I had no idea. Yeah, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: I know. I thought like, I'm getting into this and I'm you know, because I just gave that speel the start of the show about how dumb I am, and I go, Wow, this is really going to back it up.
Speaker 5: This is good. This is about ready to back up my lack of intelligence.
Speaker 6: That's why you listen to that.
Speaker 5: It's very well done, very good story. Welcome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of that, not only am I not the brightest bulb in the pack, but evidently I have led our guy groupie down the path to missing his first field goal. Last night Colts camp. That was a night practice that had some good things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, camps have opened and the actual games are going to start at the end of the month. So we're almost there, jamb.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that we're almost there.
Speaker 3: And then coming off of what was an absolute incredible season around here last year. You talk about things that we never thought would occur or happen. Are you winning a national title in football would be chief among those things. So your thoughts on the Hoosiers trying to bounce back after that national championship of a year ago.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I didn't realize Indiana had that many alumni that they could take over stadiums in the playoffs, especially going into Miami and having the crowd as pretty remarkable.
Speaker 3: So never say a thing like it, Phil, And I'll never see if they go back to back, we won't see anything like that again.
Speaker 5: It was an incredible, surreal moment to attend a game like that.
Speaker 1: It was just amazing. And you know, when I look at Indiana this year, I see a team it's once again a legitimate national title contender. And you know, you're bringing a quarterback in Josh Hooper. He's got nearly ten thousand yards passing in his career. I think he's going to fit up well with Kurt Signetti. You know, I'll go back to my first conversation with coach Signetti back when he was at James Madison. They were just coming in from FCS to FBS. They had lost a second team All American quarterback. There was Conference Player of the Year. They had like seven passes from the previous year back on the roster, and I asked coaches, said, hey, I'll probably struggle over a quarterback this year. He said, Phil had an All conference quarterback every year I've been a head coach. We'll have one this year and guess what they did. And he's produced one every year. And Hooper, he told me, was in the same ship Mendoza was in the spring. So I look for a big year out of Hoover. All the positions are loaded now. They had in a couple of defensive linemen in Kellen Wyatt and Stephan Daily that I didn't expect to be there. This will loaded Indiana team. I've got it favored in every single game with the exception of Ohio State October seventeenth, and I've got that one pick them. So if you're asking me if coach Signetti can get back and win now the national title, I think the chances are there. I'm very bullish in Indiana this year.
Speaker 3: So Phil Steele the college Football Preview and we're getting previewed right now via the Andy Moore Automotive Group hotline. I'm curious your thoughts on this, because you mentioned the fan base and then obviously in this NIL era there's tremendous resources, but there's also the process that you just brought up, and that is the process of selection for your roster. And really, either in Bloomington or wherever he's been, it seems like the Kurt Signetti has been a master of roster selections and this seems like maybe another year of that.
Speaker 5: What makes him so special in that category of phill.
Speaker 1: Just the overall talent evaluation that this guy has. I mean, as a coach, I've talked to other coaches, and we don't generally talk about other coaches. When I talked to one hundred and thirty three of the one hundred and thirty eight coaches this year, going over to the rosters with them, and the average about now are a call. We're just trying to worry about their roster. But occasionally a coach will, you know, step out of the box for a minute and say, well, you know, coach Signetti's the best at evaluating talent. And I think it's pretty much a consensus among folks that this guy analyzes, evaluates, and just a tremendous eye.
Speaker 3: For talent, and the other thing is coaching staff consistency. And you look at the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator. That consistency is a big deal to Phil.
Speaker 1: Oh Absolutely look at Oregon this year, brand new offensive coordinator, brand new defense coordinator. Ohio State's got a brand new offensive coordinator. I think having the same guys on the staff is huge.
Speaker 3: That's Phil Steele College Football Preview. Kind enough to join us. So you talk about Indiana, the Big Ten, Ohio State as well, new coaches at Michigan and Happy Valley in East Lansing. Let's start with a Big Ten ride here in some of your thoughts Middle America, and then I guess on the left coast in a second as well.
Speaker 5: Within the Big Ten.
Speaker 1: Well, I think when you look at the Big Ten, you said in the middle. So we'll start with Ohio State, probably the most explosive offense in the country. They got Julian sand Back who is a Heisman finalist one thousand year at Rushier and Bo Jackson best receiving corn College football like they have every year, led by Jeremiah Smith and the offensive line. I rated them slightly above average last year. This year I rate them the number two offensive line in the country, so they are loaded there defensively, top notch D line, and I know they lost the number two and a number six draft pick off the D line, but last year they lost two number ones and number two and a number five off the D line, so actually in better shape. Linebacking is big question mark. They lose two of the top eleven picks in the draft this year, and they also lose it that top notch corner who's in the top eleven picks, But it's an Ohio State team clearly capable of contending for it. You mentioned two new head coaches, and I think both coach Winningham of Michigan and coach Campbell of Penn State step into really good situations for Michigan. Kyle Willingham is a guy that runs is always the top notch offensive line, the top notch defense, top notch special teams, and he's got that here at Michigan. The offensive line I rate number eleven in the country, the defense overall, I rate number sixteen in the country, and he's got a good quarterback and Bryce Underwood, an offensive coordinator in Jason Beck that gets the most out of the talent on hands, so they're going to be dangerous this year. They do host Indiana to be a slight dog there and have to play Oregon and Ohio State on the road. There'll be an underdog in those three games, will pull one upset and they're a playoff contender. And then Penn State with Matt Campbell, brings over twenty five players with him from Iowa State, including his longtime quarterback in Rock Obeck, the entire receiving corps, his top running back in Carson Hanson. And then the schedule really nice for Penn State. No Indiana, no Oregon, and no Ohio State on the schedule. They do have to play Michigan and Washington on the road, and they get USC at home. But I think Penn State's another team from the Midwest, is a potential contender for the Big Ten playoff spot. We are getting previewed for college football with the Phil Steele kind enough to join us right now, so I'm sure Crimson Tide fans would probably dispute this. But is Lincoln Riley on the hottest seat in college football this season as a head coach. He's on the hot seat, but I think he gets off at this year and here's why. When I talked to coach Riley going over the roster with him, he feels this is the best defense he has had since he's been to USC. Brings in a defensive coordinator in Gary Patterson, who one of the best defensive minds in the game. I rate their offensive line number five in the country. They've got Jaydon Mayava back at quarterback. Last year, the running back corp was banged up Waymon Jordan went down the injury. They less their number two. They're number three. I'll walk on King Miller rush for nearly a thousand yards. Well, King Miller's back, Wayman Jordan's back. They had in a couple of vhds. This a loaded USC team both offense and defense. And the biggest games of the year Oregon and Ohio State, they get them both at home. And keep in mind last year they were seven to zero at home. So if they take care of business upset one of those two teams at home, they've got a shot of making the playoff. And that's really what we keep Lincoln Riley off the hot seat, getting USC back to the playoff. And keep in mind last year when they traveled the face Oregon at the end of the year. Had they won that game, they would have made the playoff. They just were playing in the autstin Stadium. Now getting Oregon at home, I think that's going to be huge.
Speaker 3: Would you give Dante Moore the nod for the best quarterback in the Big Ten?
Speaker 5: Or is that Julian saying going in I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: With Dante Moore for the fact he would have been the second pick in the NFL Draft this year had he gone into the draft. You take a look at a guy that's got all the everything you want from a quarterback. He's got the experience as well. And remember last year his receiving core Evan Stewart missed most of the year to Corey and Moore miss half the year with injury. Those guys are both back. They've got McClellan back, one of the best tight ends in the country and Jamari Johnson and a top notch offensive for line in front of him, which are rate number eight. So I think dot Taey Moore is going to have a big year. Now, they do have to play Ohio State on the road. They also play USC on the road, and that's going to be tricky, and they also have Illinois, but I think when you look at Oregon, they could very well become the fourth different Big Ten team in four years to win a national title.
Speaker 3: Phil, what do you like Washington? And then what do you think about one of the old standbys, certainly in the Big Ten that is Kirk Farrence and Iowa City with the hawk Gys this.
Speaker 1: Season, Yeah, Jed Fish did not step into a great situation his first year, had a completely rebuilt roster somehow got him to a Bowl game even though they were coming off a national championship. It wasn't high on them, but last year got them the nine wins. Demand Williams is back and I'm not going to worry about what happened in the offseason. He's got the team completely behind him. That's all water under the bridge right now. They've got the offensive line and the defense. I think when you look at Washington with after Week ten this year, they're in the mix for a playoff spot. But their final two games they host Indiana and travel to Oregon. I think that knocks them out of the playoff spot, but they'll be a contender during the year. And with Iowa, I just have so much admiration for coach Farence and defensive coordinator Phil Parker. I mean, they lose a lot off the defensive side of the ball, but you know, Phil Parker, I haven't playing one of the best defenses in the country. Offensively, they lose their quarterback. And here's showing my respect level for coach Fernce the special teams. They lose their kick returner, punt returner, punter, kicker, and on top of that, they lose the special teams. Coach I still rank them a top ten special teams and they'll develop it somehow, some way, somehow. And Iowa last year was within four plays of actually being unbeaten. Their four losses last year were all by seven by less than seven points. So I think he'll have them being the solid team once again this year.
Speaker 3: And in Kurt Signetti, it's interesting to note that one of the toughest accomplishments he felt a year ago on the way to the national title was that game in Iowa City that the Hoosiers, if you remember the regular season, had to survive.
Speaker 5: That was a year ago.
Speaker 3: It's Phil Steele with us right now, despite the new ad and a foot in the mouth situation. During the introductory press conference yesterday at West Lafayette. I think Barry Odom has done and said all the right things going into year number two now in West Lafayette. What's on the horizon for this rebuilt Boilermaker team that hopefully, in the minds of the Boilermaker fans there takes it up a notch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they didn't add as many transfers as last year, and didn't add as many transfers after spring as last year. In fact, without the second spring port a win, probably more of a team atmosphere. In fact, I gotta tell you JMV. When I talked to the coaches this year, they would all say, Phil, how you doing. I was like, Oh, I'm doing great. There's no second spring portal window. I have to rewrite one hundred and thirty eight teams all in the month of May. But each coach told me they felt more like a team this spring because the team that they took into the spring, they knew where they're going to be taken into the season. They could coach them harder. They could list the guy third string and then he's not going to transfer. The players could bond together knowing their buddy was going to leave after spring practice, and the players didn't have to be about worry about being replaced after spring practice with the second portal window. So I think we're going to see a better brand of football around and I think produced one of those teams to be affected by that because last year they brought in so many players post spring it was tough to get that team together. But the schedule's brutal. They played the ninth toughest schedule in the country. It's going to be tough to win a lot of games this year. I don't see him getting too a bowl game, but I do think they'll be more competitive. And I like Ryan Brown at the quarterback spot. He's a guy that I think, you know last year he came in after spring practice was over, transferred back in and tried to learn the offense. I think fare better this year in his second year in the offense.
Speaker 3: That is Phil Steele College Football Preview. He's getting this updated here via the Eddy Moore Automatic Group Potline. You've talked about a lot of really good quarterbacks across the nation so far. What are your thoughts on CJ. Carr and the fighting Irish of Notre Dame going into this season?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm rather high on this group. In fact, I picked him number one in the country. So you know, when you look at CJ. Carry, he was the star of the Manning Passing Academy. He's the Heisman front runner right now and did well in his first year as a starter. Had a twenty four to six ratio last year, and now he's a veteran quarterback. And there's a lot to like about Notre Dame. First of all, I'm on the Joe Moore Award Committee, so I value offensive line play. And when you look at their offensive line with Craig Jagasaw Napa Lambert all NFL caliber offensive linement, I rate them the number one offensive line in the country. You look at the receiving corps, Jordan Faison's back, Greathhouse missed most of last year with injury. He's back, and they had a couple of Ohio state transfers and Milond Graham and Quincy Porter. I think that's a dynamic receiving corps this year. And I know they lose Love and Price, but I like the running backs they have, and with this offense, you're going to see some running backs emerge. Defensively. Last year, they held opponents to ninety five yards per game below their average, and they have nine starters back my number five d line, number one linebackers, number one DBS. I rate them the best defense in the country. Special teams have got number four in the country. And then factor in the schedule, I rate it the number sixty six schedule. The two toughest games are at BYU and home against Miami. Other than that, I've got him a two touchdown favorite in every single game. Their model this year is leave no doubt, and I think the Irish will leave no doubt. I think they dominate the regular season. Now the key is getting by that bye week. Only one coach has been able to manage the bye week situation, you know, having three four weeks off while your opponent just played last week. That was coach Signetti. Can Marcus Freeman overcome that same obstacle?
Speaker 3: So Phil Steele with us? All right, continue down the quarterback road here. You mentioned arch Manning, arch Manning and Austin with the Texas Longhorns.
Speaker 5: Your thoughts on this.
Speaker 1: You know last year didn't have a great supporting cast, only a one returning starter on the offensive line. His top running back had five hundred and ninety seven yards. This year, they've got a veteran offensive line now rank into the top twenty. You look at the receiving corps, not only have Brian Wingo and them at Mooseley back, but they had in Cam Cameron from Auburn, one of the more underutilized wide receivers in the country and one of the best out there. You look at the running back corps, they had in two thousand yard rushers Hollywood's Mothers from Menci State and Relike Brown from Arizona State. Last year, arch Manning got better as the season went on. I thought in the Bowl and even late in the year he was playing great football, much better the start of the year. I look for that to continue. So with the better supporting cast, I think it'll be one of the top quarterbacks in the country. Then defensively it's a top ten defense. I've got Colin Simmons back at De Hero Canoe inside, and then how about adding Rashine Biles, an All American mindbacker from pitt This is a very talented Texas team. Now they do play the toughest schedule in the country, not only nine SEC games, but also Ohio State, but I think they're capable of getting to the SEC Title game and perhaps winning it. I think they're a legitimate national title contender.
Speaker 3: We saw the Hurricanes lose the national title game back in January. They are loaded up once again and Fletcher and Tony Malachi Tony is one of my favorites across the college football landscape. As far as excitement is concerned. What do you think about the Hurricanes first navigating the season, possibly getting back to the playoffs again, then making another run as they did a year ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I live in Cleveland and we're looking for a quarterback next year, and there's I can't remember a quarterback class like the one we're having now. You got to figure the Heisman winners a quarterback, right, But if not, it might just be Malachi Tony. Because this guy not only is a dangerous receiver, he's a dangerous runner. He was the fourth leading rusher last year. He threw seven passes last year. He's a dangerous punt returner averaged thirteen yards per punp return and went surprised at me if they get him involved in the kick returns as well. So there's a dark horse Heisman possibility for you. Now they add in Darien Mensai quarterback who I think can even maybe top Carson beck stats from last year. And they also had in Cooper Barcade his top receiver. You look at them defensively, yes, they lose Bain and Messador, but they're talented on the defensive side. If you have one question mark with Miami, it's the offensive line. They have just one starter back. However, I've been talking to Mario Christoball since his day's back at Florida International. This guy always has a top notch offensive line. He'll develop one. Miami's the most talented team in the ACC. They do have to play Notre Dame on the road. I've got him a slight underdog there, but I've got him favored all the other games. And once they get to the playoff, they've got that playoff experience now. And heck, they gave Notre Dame a heck of a game or not our name Indiana heck of a game last year in the title game.
Speaker 3: Yep, Phil, I'm curious here regarding the SEC. We'll get back to that for a moment.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 3: The expectations for Lane Kiffin and Baton Rouge or the half twos in Tusco looser for Kalin de Boar this season, what's of the highest priorities in those two situations.
Speaker 1: You know, I think the hype is going to be on Lane Kiffin and LSU. They might be close to the top ten when the season begins. But the thing that concerns me is the massive transfer portal turnover. They've had sixty plus transfers come in. You know, last year Texas Tech had the number one portal class, but that portal class was topped on top of my number five most experienced team in the country. Lane Kiffin's got the number one portal class on top of the number ninety three most experienced team in the country, and they have a brutal schedule. I think they may not be the national title contender a lot are calling for. Meanwhile, Alabama's way under the radar. You look at the fact that last year they got blown out by Georgie, blown out by Indiana, couldn't run the football in the postseason, and lose Ty Simpson. Nobody likes them. They're number six in the SEC media poll at the start of the year. However, Kellen de Boor's in year three, He's got talent throughout. I like both Keelon Russell and Austin Mack. I think whoever wins the job could be a Heisman contender at the end of the year. They will get a run game. They've got Daniel Hill, EJ. Croll, Kevin Riley, ak Dear. The emphasis was on it in the spring. Ryan Coleman Williams heading off the year last year with eleven drops. He's got a chip on his shoulder. He'll return the defense solid. They're bigger, bigger upront on the D line and the entire secondary returns. And when I look at their schedule this year, they got them favorite in nine games and three toss up games. The toss up games are home against Georgia, at Tennessee at LSU. I think those all in the winnable category. I think Alabama's going to surprise a lot of folks this year.
Speaker 3: Phil Steels on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Hotline College Football Preview. We'll talk about what is an essential piece getting set for the college football season in just a second.
Speaker 5: Mike Elko, I think is a talented coach.
Speaker 3: He did win eleven straight with Texas anim a year ago, and then I think most noted.
Speaker 5: We remember the two that they lost in a row down the stretch.
Speaker 3: What type of team will the Aggies have, especially those in return and Mike Elko once again coming up this year.
Speaker 1: Very talented. Now they got to get Marcel Red to be a little bit more consistent for starters, but he can be a dangerous quarterback. They've got Mario Krabbecker receiver. They had in Isaiah Horton from Alabama. You know, my biggest question mark with A and M probably goes back to the offensive line, just one starter back there. When I talked to coach Elko his first year, he said the offensive line was middle of the road to the SEC. Last year he said it was at the top of the SEC, and it was. They were nearly a Jill Moore Award finalist. This year is back towards the middle of the road with the potential to get up there if the offensive line comes around. I think they're a legitimate playoff contender. And I'm going to agree with the GMV. I think that Mike Elko is one heck of a head coach always gets the most out of the talent on hand.
Speaker 5: It does see exactly like that too.
Speaker 3: All right before we pop up the magazine or I shouldn't say in this case where we can go online to find all of your material. I got to ask you Heisman Trophy race this season. You mentioned the quarterbacks, and they're a lot, but there are some skill position players. We talked about Malakai Tony, but Jeremiah Smith of Ohio State is absolutely stand alone I think in that category.
Speaker 5: How do you expect this race to end come December?
Speaker 1: Wow? At this point it is a pure tossup because you could say arch Manning, Dante more CJ Carr, Trendent Chambliss, Julian Sayan, Jeremiah Smith, Darien Mensa, Josh Hoover of Indiana, and then we talked about Malachay Tony. I'm gonna throw a long shot at you. Any of those other ones could win it. I'm going to say, here's a long shot. Gunner Stockton at Georgia twenty to one odds right now, and he's best in big games sixteen and two versus ranked teams solid and fourth down south in the fourth quarter, and they've got the schedule to potentially be close to undefeated at the end of the year. I'm going to go with the long shot Gunnerstock at twenty to one, even though you know the other ones, I have a better chance of winning it. Right now, the preseason favorite is CJ. Carve Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: You are the absolute best. Phil.
Speaker 3: Tell everybody how they can get their hands on your material because it is a must have in preparation for the college football season.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that it's The magazine is Phil Steele's College Football Preview, three hundred seventy six pages, two full pages on all one hundred and thirty eight teams. Now you can only get it at Barnes and Noble and Books a Million, so don't waste your gas money driving around looking for it. Barnes and Noble Books a Million are the two brick and mortar stores. Or you can go online to Phil Steel dot com. And when you go there, I'm going to charge you a shipping charge, but we do give you a digital magazine absolutely free, and that is Phil Steel ste l e dot com. Also there, if you follow FCS, we have a FCS digital magazine two full pages on every FCS team. Phil Steele dot com. And check out my daily blog and I put a different one up every day, lots of great information. Just go to Phil Steel dot com.
Speaker 3: And for example, you can also find Phil at Phil Steele zero four to two. I believe right on x social media is correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. Hey, I don't know what my year would be without your pal.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I can't thank you enough, and you do all the work so the rest of us can just sit back and enjoy.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate I always enjoy our conversations each and every summer.
Speaker 5: You got a pal.
Speaker 3: Hey, we'll do it again and enjoy the season until we do talk again, Phil. Thank you sounds great, Phil Steel. That is awesome college football preview. I think he said books a million and Barnes and Noble. I would prefer the hard copy. I got to get my hands, my fingers, my fingers. I gotta get my fingers on something that's right there.
Speaker 5: How you get up to date? Phil Steel? The Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline