Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to the Frames per Second Podcast. We are here to review the new Michael Jackson movie live. Glad to have you guys with us on board. Make sure you gotts check out is the my Salon podcast that'll be out this week. We have a conversation about Michael Jackson on there and Dennis Sports as well. We're covering the NBA Playoffs for those of you that are into that sort of thing, in the NFL Draft and the NFL Draft. Yeah, we got a full recap of that as well. Also check out everything despite got going on with another week in the books as well. Co signed by Mike too. Maybe you know I'm went from to say something crazy track my my recommendation. But yeah, so the movie is finally here, man. Uh so let's go around the room real quick. Mike, how did you enjoy Michael?
Speaker 2: Uh, it was okay, it was okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's obviously omissions, but I think they were very smart and ending it where they did so they didn't have to discuss.
Speaker 1: Any of that, which was intentional, by the way. Oh I'm sure, yeah they even said it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know the thing you said earlier but yeah, it was very clearly that they ended it so they wouldn't have to, you know.
Speaker 2: But again, we'll.
Speaker 4: Get into it.
Speaker 5: But I feel like for a biopic, there was other stuff that I would have kind of not even allegations, but there was other stuff that I would have wished that they would have dug into more. Yeah, but we'll get into that. But it was It was fine for what it was, Spike. It was a fun time. It was a fun time. It wasn't like a very deep movie or anything like that. I enjoyed the music. Of course, it's Michael Jackson. I think Jafar did a good job of playing Mike. Who is that that's a Germaine. Yeah, yeah, that's Jermaine.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who, so I think he did a good job of playing Michael Jackson. As I watched it, I and then heard the criticism of the rotten Tomato shit, and I'm sure we'll get into that stuff. But I feel like they were too harsh on him, Like it was just like a feel good movie.
Speaker 6: That's probably why they were harsh on him. Like, yeah, I was fine with that.
Speaker 1: I didn't learn anything new about Michael Jackson, but it was still cool to see some of the stuff that they didn't. One My one thing to what Michael saying, what I would like to have seen more of is like musical genius, Like I woulded like they did the little thing when he was picking the name of thriller. I would have wanted to see more of that versus some of the stuff that they showed. But all in all, it was I had a fun time. It was a good movie.
Speaker 5: In me, what about your rot I was pleasantly surprised. I had no desire to see this. It looked hello corny to me.
Speaker 4: When some of the previews that I saw, I was like, they just.
Speaker 5: Pulled his his nephew in here, because he looked like him. He's gonna do a horrible job acting. But I was totally wrong. Yeah, I think Jafar did a did an amazing job with this. I mean he embodies it felt like he embodied him, you know what I'm saying. It's like he took this role very seriously as far as learning the moves. I think he even saw some of the stuff too, right, If I'm not mistaken, I don't know about that. But but no, I think he did a really good job and Yeah, that was surprising. So yeah, I enjoyed it for the most part. You know, I'm still trying to figure out if I if I like American Dreams more. But but no, I think I think it definitely exceeded my expectations.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: American dream was the one that came on TV.
Speaker 5: Series is good to see because they had Angela Bassett, Like, yeah, yeah, the series was really good.
Speaker 4: This series was really good.
Speaker 5: Uh and it was only a two part series, you know, they ran it all the time on TV. But I feel like it did a good job with it that I feel like just took they just took notes from that and put it to this movie. Honestly, and call me did a great job.
Speaker 4: As a as Joe think, yes, what you did.
Speaker 2: What you're saying that what he was doing the whole movie.
Speaker 4: He didn't close his mouth every.
Speaker 5: Rod, he fitted into every rod, but it worked him.
Speaker 2: Playing with Coleman. He bodied this good.
Speaker 5: Was almost like his movie he killed.
Speaker 4: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe's story.
Speaker 1: He talking to the screen every time he came on, somebody had something to say to the screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're right about that. Yeah, did y'all have a lot of that in your movie?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: You didn't neither. I didn't. I saw around.
Speaker 5: I saw it on social media, people like basically dancing getting it was a concert.
Speaker 2: When I left out the mask like my father, it made me even man, yes, and I'm oh, I know you were. We we ain't talk about no more.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking for my phone in the back day Jackson, stop you get enough.
Speaker 4: And you mad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, I've done that before and I'm glad it didn't crack my phone.
Speaker 4: But I was concerned about that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well we had like halfway through the movie.
Speaker 4: I just always try to put mine in my pocket.
Speaker 2: I'm bad about that. Mine is always right here. I need, I need to stop. That's why I had.
Speaker 4: Sitting there right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I put mine in the cup holder sometimes under that.
Speaker 1: Every one a while, every time I get up, I do a full sweep of my chair.
Speaker 3: See I don't put any First of all, I know he ain't talk about the movie, y'all, but real quick, but he.
Speaker 4: Told the story about his phone that happened spikes fall.
Speaker 3: But I always have the close capturing device that goes in the couple and if that's not there, y'all know, I bring a whole meal.
Speaker 2: So I got my drink, my sandwiches, some fries, all that spread. Bro, I don't play.
Speaker 1: But look, there's only one Joe Jackson to me, man, and it was in this movie.
Speaker 4: No, the American Dream. I think he was way better. No, no, y'all, no way, bro.
Speaker 5: Maic Dream is good, don'tkid me, but but I feel like he he looked more like he.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, it's just different. No, that's that's Coman Domingo's manner. That was Joe.
Speaker 1: Motherfucking yes, it was dude tripping, Lawrence Hilton Jacobs.
Speaker 4: That was Joe. That motherfucker. Y'all remember him? I do, I know that's Joe Jackson. Joe Jackson, Bro, y'all tripping, bro, Yeah, when he was young. Remember American Dream. There's only one.
Speaker 1: Remember there's only one Michael Jackson's story, and it's The American Dream.
Speaker 4: American Dream is really good. It is.
Speaker 1: Michael isn't topping that Joe Jackson is though, No, Michael was. I mean the American Ding was just more dramatic. I think it was more than you like this. It's just more stuff to care about in that movie. This movie is just like really it was a. It was a celebration, like a fluff piece. But it's Michael Jackson, so it's good. Yes, But I think if the story, even though that's about the Jackson's true and this is about Michael, I still felt like, like, look, I had a good time watching it. I didn't think it was as bad as the critics were making it out to be. And I understand, right, I understand their criticisms because halfway through it, I realized I was like, oh, okay, yeah, there's no real death, there's no real character. I don't really know Mike. Like, we already know this story. It is a celebration, which is why people were having a good time with it. We already know how bad Joe is, which is why they kind of I know, the family word of all, but why they kind of stayed away from some of that stuff. A lot of that stuff we saw in the American Dream Move series. You know, we saw how abusive he was as a wife and a father, like and they went there and this one we really from what I remember this one, we really only saw him what Michael want on time, but it was definitely understood and implied and we all know it.
Speaker 4: It's the one, it's the secret that everybody knows.
Speaker 3: So, you know, I feel like they could have delved a little bit more into that and showed how much that scarred Michael and Mate, because we I think the movie basically just kind of said like, oh, yeah, he didn't really have a great childhood, but it didn't it didn't go deep into it enough to justify the weirdot shit he was doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, yeah, that was that was my kind of my issue with the film.
Speaker 3: But yeah, anytime anytime Coleman was on the screen, I was legit like, that's not Coleman Domingo, that's fucking Joe Jackson.
Speaker 2: Looks like him, acts like him. The ship was insane to me, damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But overall though, yeah, I like when I first got there, I was like, oh my god, I'm sitting behind by side beside these people.
Speaker 2: And they gonna talk.
Speaker 4: They're gonna talk the whole movie, and I'm like, this shit's gonna annoy me. What the hell did I do?
Speaker 1: But after a while it didn't really bother me. People were clapping, people were cheering and all this other stuff. So it's really told in three parts. For the most part, you had his early childhood, and then you have the Quincierra and then you at the post Quincy era, you know, uh, ending with bad before all of the allegations hit. But so let's talk about like the early beginnings of Mike Again, we know the story of Michael Jackson. There's not really a lot to really kind of break down and talk through in terms of like different things out. But if you guys have a scene or a particular moment, feel free to interchet. But you know, it's just Michael in the beginning. He's a kid.
Speaker 4: He's sitting there with his brothers and he's practicing, you know.
Speaker 1: And therein become the Jackson Five and Michael's on the lead, and we see Coleman one day coming home from work and that was one of the things that was driving him to push your sons further into this business so they don't have to work about like him, you know what he said in the same But what did you guys think about like the first part of this movie, like the early beginnings of the Jackson Five.
Speaker 5: So for me, oh wait, I just want to start saying that I did take into account. I think you asked me if I want to take my son so I was trying to figure out is this a movie that I want to take him to or that he would enjoy, which I think he would ultimately enjoy it. But the stuff that happened in the early stages with the father son dynamic, Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just didn't want to see that man, that was really hurtful.
Speaker 5: It was very It just it breaks your heart no matter you know it happened, but it still breaks your heart every time you see it. So just to kind of talk about that beginning part, like you could kind of get both sides right in a way, he was just a.
Speaker 4: Little like like it was just it was just too much. It was too much.
Speaker 5: I understand that he was super determined to get his family to a certain place, getting him out of Gary and all of that, but I think there's.
Speaker 4: A slightly soft way to do that.
Speaker 2: Slightly well I mean slightly. I mean, you know, people raised differently.
Speaker 4: Society had a different way of upbringing.
Speaker 1: There's been you know, uh, conversations and I think possible studies about how corporal punishment is attached to you know, racism and all this other stuff.
Speaker 4: That Yeah, I've seen that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nevertheless, you know, I think over time, we are evolving and continue to evolve in society. I'm not saying that that stuff still doesn't exist, because it very much so does. But you know, I'm different, you're different, and I have scene the need to put belt to my kids to make them behave. But but back then it was because I got it. I got the whippings.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but interesting you didn't get a whooping he was too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Okay, well we'll talk about so so remember the interesting part We'll I'll bring up for next week on inste Mice.
Speaker 4: I want to.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about what that was. But yeah, it was like you knew, you knew what was gonna happen. I think one thing right when I watched in the beginning was I said, I was really hoping they didn't do a lot with that, Like we didn't show repeated whoopings.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that. I think one for me was good enough.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, since we're on that point, A couple of people didn't understand what I meant. Yes, I agree with you. I was not saying that we need to see more of Michael Jackson and his ass will. That's not what I meant. What I meant is they didn't go into it. They didn't discuss how that abuse affected him. They didn't even really talk about it at all. Honestly, it just was lingering.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The rest of the movie, yep, Yeah, Now, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they did have the one scene where you see Michael Jackson go in the room and the door closes and you see or you see him taking his belt off and then the door closes. You're always getting a whooping. So yeah, I don't need to see a kid get beat on screen to know that there's abuse.
Speaker 2: It's just the abuse.
Speaker 3: From what we've all understood throughout Michael Jackson's career is that abuse really affected everything that he did after that.
Speaker 5: So I just wish they would have maybe talked about that or shown the I think the scene with Clyde was a cloud with Lorins take. I think that scene kind of subtly played into it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but I don't think we needed subtle in something like this because it's like, why not go ahead and talk about, Yeah, you're making a biopic and you're trying to humanize this person that now a lot of people either see as an icon or they see as kind of a monster. Why don't you discuss why these things could have happened.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. I think all of the the bad stuff was subtle. The skin stuff with the glove, like they kept like it was subtle. There the nose, I think that was subtle.
Speaker 2: That didn't make any sense because the nose didn't look different.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 4: They eventually did a little bit too.
Speaker 2: But it was because Mike Jack had a nose. Bro he was younger, he had like a like yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Really subtle though, like all of that stuff, even that they did suddenly, like when he called him big nose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the little kid's nose wasn't that big. I mean, little Mike Jack was a gorgeous kid, but he had a big nose.
Speaker 4: The kid did.
Speaker 2: Who then was this little kid?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 2: He was so good.
Speaker 1: He was in his bag when he sung remake song Bobby whoever sung it before him? But what uh the one that invoked got.
Speaker 2: When uh oh got you got again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was really like Lorenz too. The way he responded to him, like like just his face was expressed.
Speaker 2: Think he did a really good Lawrence title was he?
Speaker 6: I couldn't see more of that yeah, I would have seen more of that.
Speaker 4: And why.
Speaker 2: You know, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: I'm just tripping off you now.
Speaker 1: But okay, so you're right he was good. The reason why is not because of that. You know what I was thinking about Spike maybe power, that's all.
Speaker 5: That's what he is now, that's the part that it was the he did the same thing when he checked Joe.
Speaker 4: We're just like, how about you going to do some manager and the stun and let me handle this. All I saw was congressman. I thought he did know.
Speaker 2: I thought he was better in this thing.
Speaker 4: He was, but that was that was that was that was, that was.
Speaker 2: He didn't even looked you know what, Ma, you said, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't even peep that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have seen a little bit more of Barrie's role because we has had him telling him to stand still, Mike can stand still.
Speaker 6: Let me go in there, let me get it now.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get after let me go in there. I thought he's so good man. Yeah, no, that was and you know, I wish a little bit more of the mom like we only saw.
Speaker 2: Alone did a good job. I think wait, wait, wait, what are you saying.
Speaker 5: I'm saying no, really, just always the impression that I got of his mom, Like, but she could have go with a little bit more. She needed to give a little bit more because Andrew Bash gave a little bit more to the Testament to American Dream.
Speaker 4: They didn't give her a big wrong.
Speaker 5: She was just like they could have gotten to do that ship. They could have got anybody to do that ship what she was doing. They could have got old girl from what's her name, Taylor, what's her name.
Speaker 4: Taylor Rooks?
Speaker 2: No, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I know who exactly pain.
Speaker 2: They could have got her to do that ship. Yeah, she wasn't great, but I thought she was doing that purposely.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the character. I think it's just the way he wrote her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't give her a lot. She just kind of was there, just kind of standing around and looking at ship. She didn't really get a bigger role in the movie until later on when it was he was more adult. But when you know, Mike was young and these things are happening, you could see she has something to say. She had thoughts and feelings about it, But we didn't see the nurturing which to your point earlier Mike could have played into that, right, like, here's this guy being abusive to her kids, being abusive to her. She's fearful of him as well, and she's not giving him the nurturing and care that you would expect from the mom you know.
Speaker 4: So, and and that led to certain you know developments.
Speaker 5: You know, I like, I do like that because of that, she you know, suddenly said I'm sorry, and I feel like that's I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It was loaded later in the movie.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you're right, Yeah, yeah, without without having to say say more. So yeah, I felt like they skate skated over a lot of issues they could have dug deeper into. So I can definitely see our critics, you know, criticized that part.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, like somebody said in comments, this was like a concert, like a musical.
Speaker 1: It was like about halfway through, three quarters of the way through.
Speaker 4: That's what was the conclusion. I came, it's a musical. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I also think that Janet is a hater.
Speaker 1: It has to be rolled out of this specifically, like this movie not that bad or solacious.
Speaker 3: So I I read because my brother posted about it saying how he loved it, and somebody brought up the fact that Janet wasn't in it, and that's just the thing.
Speaker 2: I thought that was somebody were going, but they said that there was.
Speaker 3: It was an issue because I can't remember the details, but Ja'afar was from like a relationship that from like.
Speaker 2: Cheating or something.
Speaker 5: I think it was something about the mom dated to Jackson's rand and that's what they were saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she got she got kids by both type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they were saying that Janet is cooler with the first wherever the first that Okay, I guess Randy, and I guess this woman, whoever Jafar's mother is, And y'all don't hold me to this.
Speaker 2: This is just what I read on my brother's Facebook, all right.
Speaker 3: But they were saying that Janet didn't want to be in it because ja'far was in it and she wanted to stay true to Randy.
Speaker 5: She didn't congratulate Gaffar, though she said it did an amazing job.
Speaker 4: I did see that he looked just like Michael. That shit was creepy. He favored Michael a lot, I'll say that. So you didn't realize they were family. I didn't either. Some don't feel stupid. Didn't. I didn't either.
Speaker 2: I thought was the lord in the movie. I thought y'all knew that.
Speaker 5: I didn't look into this because I didn't have any planning on seeing it until y'all said we were gonna do it for a live I wasn't gonna go watch this.
Speaker 4: That was the whole thing.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was that that his nephew was playing a part of him.
Speaker 3: I was literally like, when I first saw the trailer, I was like, what white women are they gonna get to play Mike jack And when Jafar showed up, I was like, Oh, they did some really good fucking special effects on this degro because this looks just the funk like him. So the fact that he's related makes all of it. At what point did y'all realize that he.
Speaker 4: Was after yesterday?
Speaker 1: After the movie, you didn't know. You didn't know that that was his I didn't find out until I asked. I saw Jaffar Jackson when I left the theater, I was like, who played Mike?
Speaker 4: And I saw the name.
Speaker 1: I just didn't get a chance to click on it to see if he was related. That's why I asked today, because I never I didn't get it. I didn't get a chance yesterday to look it up. Yeah, so it was was so much sense.
Speaker 6: I wonder was he an actor before it was they just got that is really impressing.
Speaker 4: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's why I was concerned.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was. I assumed he wasn't an actor. I just because I had never seen his name anywhere before. I'm like, they just pulled this dude because this is his nephew and he looks like him, so how hell he gonna do this?
Speaker 4: He did it? He did, Yeah, he did, he did.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 1: But it was fun watching like the earlier parts of the Jackson five and Michael and just seeing like his talent and seeing like he definitely was like it like him as they say, like leaps and bounds above everybody else, Like when he sung like it was it was just crazy like it was. It was undenivel you know, and it was good. They kind of put this in there as well. How he got his dance moves from James Brown I've always known.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, that was an American dream. I'm not sure if it was it not. I don't think it was, unless maybe I just forgot. I thought he saw him.
Speaker 5: I think he was like on the side of the stage of Myron. They had went to a show. He saw James Brown.
Speaker 2: But I guess I just didn't know that he studied him the way this movie portrayed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I ain't know about studying part. I just assumed that he's studying because some of the moves of James Brown.
Speaker 2: They didn't even think about it until this movie.
Speaker 4: Wow, trying to not.
Speaker 2: Like I took mine bad and somebody he's like, no, fuck that Wow.
Speaker 5: No, I really I never thought about it, never thought about it, those old, those old Jackson five eraon Mike jack moves.
Speaker 2: It was James Brown.
Speaker 5: I never thought about it all that sliding across the stage because James Brown shus to do something similar where he did ice skating ship, so he would put his.
Speaker 4: Hands behind his back and he was less like slide forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, so so like yeah, man, James Brown was cold. He was really was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I do one critique I did have about it was like the pacing because I didn't know because I know you said they were gonna stop at Bad and it felt like and maybe I just wanted to spend more time with the Jackson five young Mike, But it felt like we rushed through like different parts of his career. So when we went from him being at Motown, I really wanted to see more of the story there, more of his relationship with Barry Gordy and all of that, because.
Speaker 4: We didn't get a lot.
Speaker 1: We got that one moment where he was asking about the midst and mastering, and then it was like, you can ask me anything, Michael.
Speaker 4: He was at the Fair Rounds performing and then I see you no.
Speaker 2: Off the Wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm like, Okay, that was that was fast.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Like this movie, even though it was long, it was two hours and second, I believe it maybe either should have been broken up into two parts or this ship could have been three. You know, if you can make a three hour Star Wars film, if you can make a three hour fucking whatever. But yeah, I did think that that was a very abrupt jump, and that's a point where they could have talked about the abuse.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what for you.
Speaker 2: They kind of jumped from him being a kid to him I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: Do off the Wall without Joe's without Joe's.
Speaker 2: Permission, right, What wasn't a huge deal? By did think it was awkward? What did it jump from? It jumped from him being a kid to him at what point of a kid?
Speaker 4: Like they was fair? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fair?
Speaker 4: And I think that was sixty No, it wasn't. There wasn't sixty nine.
Speaker 2: Was it six sevent twelve years?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was sixty nine to seventy nine?
Speaker 5: Right, it was like eight years maybe maybe it said eight years later somewhere. I think he probably said eight years later that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because how was he when he made Off the Wall?
Speaker 2: It was in seven eighteen? Yeah, so yeah, he lied about he lied about his age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he said he was a ten instead of ten, and then they jumped eight years so he was actually twenty. Yeah, wow, he doing that fucking RFK the RFK math because I thought he was younger than twenty.
Speaker 2: Actually, I thought he was like sixteen when he made Off the Wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to find oh was Yeah, I thought they started doing that that that uh not Collige, but the uh.
Speaker 2: They just started playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah it will start playing the song. Yeah, but that was the young mic, right, right.
Speaker 2: And there was so much that happened between that point and Off the Wall, they didn't touch on the Wiz. They didn't touch what happened. Oh he was twenty Wow, they released right before he turned twenty one. They they just I don't know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a big but they skipped over ship that was very formative for him, Like the WIZ was huge from Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Did I see my tripple? Did I see a clip of the Wiz?
Speaker 4: I thought that was it? I think so.
Speaker 1: I think it was a small I think I missed it too. That means it more than that little model that was in seventy eight too. Right, he was working on Off the Wall and Wiz had the clip of the Lion. I think because he played the lion, right, he played They're about to light you uppy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Richard.
Speaker 2: Richard Pride, Richard played us Okay, got you got. I don't remember who the lion was. I don't know if the lion was like a famous person. Yes, so they showed like a very quick clip of it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, so the middle part of this movie.
Speaker 2: What Dona Ross didn't want to be mentioned in the movie.
Speaker 4: That's why I knew that.
Speaker 3: I knew it had to be something like that because they completely skipped over Dirty Diana and all that ship Dirty that was also a big thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Donna Ross said, don't use her name likeness.
Speaker 3: None, but funk that like a lot of people assume and speculate that her being older fucking around with younger Mike kind of pushed him to allegedly do what he was.
Speaker 4: Doing so bad Gladdison.
Speaker 1: So that's why they had Gladys Okay, all right, yeah that was that was like, why is Gladyson here? Public Enemy B said The line was played by the person from the original stage play. Mm hmm, all right, but yeah, the second part of the movie was the Quincy Jones era, which I think they spared through this ship as well.
Speaker 4: They should have took the guy from Insecure playing I liked who is the different Lawrence? Lawrence?
Speaker 2: I can't think his name.
Speaker 4: We had a nickname for him. Anyway, I was looking at it was.
Speaker 5: I kept thinking it was fucking Hazare from Different World, the dude that Freddie was dating, the big tall white skin to do.
Speaker 2: Anyway, thank you, I meant to look it up.
Speaker 1: That I would have loved to see more of his creative process for making one of the best fucking albums ever in life. So just standing at the board and thinking in the pool didn't do it for me. Like I wanted him to be in the studio and they said to him and Quincy Jones was kind of slick beefing like during that year they were it was a contentious relationship. They had creative differences at first at first, but then it got to a contentious relationship.
Speaker 2: I know you had that with Will Smith.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Wait what there was contention with with Will Smith and Quincy sometime, like.
Speaker 1: I like Michael Jackson, Yeah what Quincy got a track record for that? Oh yeah, yeah, like beefing with his autists and being real. But his documentary was good. It was it was they didn't you never seen the documentary?
Speaker 4: Was One Man Another One bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what do you guys think about the second part the Quincy Jones kind of era. This is also when he hired John Bronco or whatever he got the Bill Bray was the bodyguard, but he got hired in the first part.
Speaker 4: Of the movie. But he was with him the whole time.
Speaker 2: So, oh was that a thing?
Speaker 6: Like that?
Speaker 4: Was that a thing?
Speaker 2: Was he always with him?
Speaker 1: Like that Moles Taylor played John Brocco, was like, that's the guy, the lawyer, Lawyer, that's the guy that was supposed to be a big deal. And I didn't have context in it either. Yeah, him, I was supposed to be. Well, I thought the movie portrayed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it was.
Speaker 2: The Bodyguard. I mean I understood.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I remember that being a thing where that dude was always around.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I didn't. I didn't really, I'm either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think the other movie made that scene seemed like a guy was really prevalent as far as the lawyer got and I just they went over my head.
Speaker 4: Same yeah with you as much as I think I know about Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I was waiting for them to make that whole thing makes sense that they never really did. What makes sense in what way what they're saying, Like John Bronco, the way they made it seem like he's gonna come in and he was gonna.
Speaker 4: Be responsible for taking Mike to the next level. And I didn't really get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they put him in there just for the not just for but one of the main reasons to to send that facts to his dad.
Speaker 2: That was funny.
Speaker 5: Man, you want us to do right, they always get it. Joe when he received oh man, he went right to the room. I'm whoop his No, you're not.
Speaker 2: He's grown. He has grown to know what you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Beat him? She would really wasn't thinking you could be an adult? Is crazy? Twenty years old at that point. Yeah, that's not This ain't going to be no whooping. He thought he was gonna whoop it like he was a kid.
Speaker 2: He said, hes gonna get my belt when he comes in here. Yeah, I was wondering.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been living and you know what, the way that made it seem like Mike probably would have to He probably would have got that belt.
Speaker 2: Twenty years old, mom, wan have stepped in.
Speaker 4: One thing I didn't realize is that he stayed in the house.
Speaker 1: Because about his house, I get it. And when I'm saying with Joe house, no, it was Michael's house. Okay, Michael pay for that house.
Speaker 2: That had to be his.
Speaker 5: All the giraffes and all that. Yeah, I didn't know they were still there. But Joe had money too from from Michael. But I'm sure are you saying?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like if Michael would have just bounced and left. Then Joe would have been fucked.
Speaker 7: He knew that if you would love to have more content from frames per second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because remember also just to add it on, this was when Mike wanted to go solo. So what you mentioned earlier, like there was he wanted to go solo and then he wanted to fire Joe. So the first conversation was going solo. He went to the two white e x were like, Yo, I want to go solo, blah blah blah blah, but we need to handle this conversation with my dad. That's what you were talking about, Like, yeah, I want you guys to tell him. He's like, no, I'm gonna just go straight in there and I'm gonna tell him that I'm gonna do my own thing.
Speaker 2: That was I ain't gonna tell Joe shit.
Speaker 1: And I did like though, how the white folks were scared of Joe bro And I don't know if it was because they didn't want to lose the business or yeah, yeah, yeah I don't think we which again I would have loved to have seen more of that, to wield that sort of power.
Speaker 2: Over white people in that era. Yes, it's insane, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, to the point where they were just like shook me like all right, that is all fellas, thank you for coming to tell me this, and showed some respect, like you like you fucking soprano he was, he.
Speaker 4: Was, no, Yeah, I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: But god, they said whoa And then what do you do?
Speaker 4: He just looked down at the paper and they just looked around like, I guess we're gonna he.
Speaker 2: Can do it after he could do what I need.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because his brothers for his brothers, brothers so good.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So that was the guy the lawyer got, helped Mike get the sony the lawyer got helped Mike get the Sony catalog. That's why they didn't say.
Speaker 6: Nothing about it, right, So you wouldn't know that. That's why I went over my head.
Speaker 3: And that lawyer, I mean, the guy that plays him. I know he's a good actor, but he was just dead pan the whole time, so he didn't really.
Speaker 4: Do it for me, didn't He wouldn't. Yeah, that's tell her.
Speaker 2: I've seen him and he's good.
Speaker 4: Fantastic for Whiplash.
Speaker 2: M hm, he's a young kidd Whiplash.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 2: What's fantastic?
Speaker 4: No? What was he?
Speaker 1: He was?
Speaker 4: Was he?
Speaker 2: It was a mister fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: About the one we see that, the older one, So that's not a good reference. Bugging, bugging he was the one. He wasn't the one with Michael.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, it is. He wouldn't.
Speaker 5: God, yeah, you've probably never seen Whiplash either. Yeah, he's a prominent that might like Whiplash.
Speaker 4: But yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so he breaks for Joes and now he's hooking up with Quincy, Rod Tinperton and stuff like that. Again, I don't feel like we saw a little bit of Quincy and Mike. But I'm with you bro show me more like they making thriller, Like they really should have focused on that for a minute, like just the post its and the shott at Prince, did you get your k.
Speaker 2: Before Prince gets it?
Speaker 4: Prince, I don't do it, but I wish we would have got more of that that too, like between him and Brent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could have been a thing like I understand why they cut some stuff as far as it being selations and they ain't wanted to be that type of movie, but there are a lot of other creative things, like again to making a thriller that would have made this have more depth. I feel like, yeah, so off the wall dropped in seventy eight, and then in eighty one, that's when you heard that guy and of course that's when he had his first surgery, just talking about his nose and uh, Mike telling that bold ass talked.
Speaker 4: About it was.
Speaker 1: Joe knew that ship was Bush Michael Michael.
Speaker 5: For whatever reason, I like how this sequence felt okay. The reason it didn't feel so.
Speaker 4: Like, man, why do you do that?
Speaker 2: It made it feel like.
Speaker 4: Dang.
Speaker 5: I don't know if enduring is the right word, because he didn't he didn't like get on him. He was just like shot, like damn, what you do to your why'd you do that? Like like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It made it.
Speaker 2: He didn't come off like harsh in that bad. It might have been him figuring out like okay, something's wrong with this boy.
Speaker 5: It felt like that, right, I'm not tripping, okay, okay, Yeah, So I was like this this moment felt felt where he's just like knd oft let him live right, like like he let him have it.
Speaker 2: It's just like, let him do what his thing. So I thought that was interesting he did.
Speaker 1: But I'm kind of with my with Mike is that when he when he did it, when he was looking, it was like, oh.
Speaker 4: This motherfucker I lost his mind.
Speaker 5: I feel like Coman did such a good job at processing different thoughts and that not that I feel I didn't get.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for my son and the damage that I did to him.
Speaker 5: I felt like very judgmental and like this motherfucker crazy, I don't know, this ain't my kid.
Speaker 4: All of that that I got.
Speaker 1: From because when Bubbles came, he had already checked Oh my god, when Bubbles bro he was.
Speaker 4: Already checked out, like he crazy. Of course he got a monkey, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And you catch what Mike said about bubbles and how protected the chips.
Speaker 5: That was a good scene protected. He looked right at Joe, Joe just laughing. I mean what I mean, at what point do you say, Okay, what the fuck is wrong with my kid?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He's bringing Lama's home, giraffes, peacocks, and now he brought a fucking monkey.
Speaker 2: But I think the draft everybody out the house for to come see this goddamn monkey.
Speaker 6: But he'd have to acknowledge how rough he had been on Mike and taking his job.
Speaker 2: You would because look, if you're asking your.
Speaker 1: Jo, well yeah, he wouldn't have you right, because he's not that type of person. But I think once you asked yourself that he told it to his mom he was like, well, these are my friends.
Speaker 2: He never had the opportunity to get friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I mean, even still, I think that at some point they should have been like, look, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: You have a giraffe outside my room eating my trees, eating my goddamn trees.
Speaker 2: Boy, what's wrong with you? Now you've got a fucking monkey the niggas just levels to it, like trying to understand your kids.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I do, not saying that. No, no, no, that's not that I'm about to say something, and I don't want you to take offense to it.
Speaker 5: Oh Jesus, not saying that you were Michael Jackson. But you said that your mom gave you, like she was very understand of the things that you were doing.
Speaker 8: She could have been like, is wrong, my son? I got with you, That's all I'm saying. Your parents give you.
Speaker 2: But I didn't bring a monkey home.
Speaker 5: But I was doing I was doing ship that was weird culturally, you know what I'm saying, Like I was coming home with a skateboard, listening to punk and dyeing my hair green.
Speaker 2: That's different because I was still getting good grades.
Speaker 3: I was still you know, if I was bringing home fucking mice, but would like, get that ship.
Speaker 2: The funk out of my house?
Speaker 4: Did you see, Bend? I did see, And that's exactly.
Speaker 2: What I was thinking about.
Speaker 5: I was like, if I brought a mouse into my mother's home, she would have put me out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I get what you're saying, like, yeah he is he was different. Yeah, but they didn't seem like the kind of parents that nurtured different. They seemed like the kind of parents that were, or at least Joe, where it was okay, well, as long as you're making me all this money, you can bring home a fucking dinosaur and I don't care.
Speaker 2: But they didn't. He wasn't nurturing enough to be like, why the fuck is he trying to bring home a monkey?
Speaker 1: Because Joe was clearly using Mike, But he also thought that he was responsible for their successes exactly, But he needed Mike for the success, so he was.
Speaker 4: He was in a bit of a.
Speaker 2: A quandary, that's what I call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he he was. He was in a bad situation, but he know was crazy.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 2: He made him crazy exactly, but he ain't gonna accept.
Speaker 3: That right, which is why I feel like he didn't dive into it right. A normal parent would have definitely been like, all right, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 2: You just went and bottle monkey?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I know, I was thinking about y'all need to jet the damn monkey, y'all talking about these damn kids.
Speaker 2: But they did make it seem like, Yo, what the hell going on?
Speaker 4: They did see that and see what yeah, what are you doing to the monkeys?
Speaker 2: I didn't catch that, y'all. No, no, no, no, no, that's not I'm not I'm not on that side.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I was.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I'm going back to the first point that they thought it was weird that he brought brought a chimps chips. You wouldn't let it go.
Speaker 2: He was my new friend, and I had the same Oh my god, he wasn't molesting bubbles.
Speaker 5: We don't.
Speaker 2: We don't know that.
Speaker 4: But can't he can't. He can't tell anybody.
Speaker 2: Right sign language and ship apes.
Speaker 4: And then he went from bubbles to kids.
Speaker 2: Oh my oh, you admit that he found Okay, you finally on the side.
Speaker 6: If he did it, hey, playing twisters with bubbles, it was insane.
Speaker 4: His brothers didn't want to play with them.
Speaker 9: Man, they was grown moneymore At that part, I was like, wrong with no, one is grown his head just brought twist home with his brother.
Speaker 4: He had a kid at a children's store.
Speaker 5: He like, bro, I'm going to play some ball. I'm going to get twist. Yeah, I'm gonna play something more than twist.
Speaker 4: I did ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I did wonder Even though they kind of made it make sense. But he was in that that that children's so I was like, is this originer.
Speaker 4: Like toys? And there was a bunch of kids coming up to it. Like boy, I was like, you're trying to give us a hell to that. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't take that.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I did think I did think it. Well, actually yeah, I did think it.
Speaker 3: When he first started putting him in the in the cart, when him and maclamore were walking around, I was like, wait, why is he bringing.
Speaker 2: About the body?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the body and he's shooting that shooting He turned around the corner and shooting at me with this ship. What happened? Shout in with the damn toy?
Speaker 5: That should have been a fucking sign. Something wrong with this boy? You over your You're a grown ass fucking man. You over your hide and shooting me with ship? No man, he and his ship right, and he's smiling like he had I don't know, we need to check.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of it was your.
Speaker 1: Bodyguard to I think they were suddenly saying like he never got the experience a child here, you know, they were.
Speaker 4: He can do whatever.
Speaker 2: Jesus all right.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: It was a killer.
Speaker 6: It was running long, like trying to help you out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that he was a big kid man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: But they also showed my you know, being kind visiting children's hospitals.
Speaker 4: We know, we remember. I don't know if I remember that. I know, but they weaponized that against him later.
Speaker 2: But you know, man, when I was a kid, I didn't know any better.
Speaker 5: When I was a kid, I was like, man, I wish I had cancer so I could give Michael Jackson to come.
Speaker 4: To the room.
Speaker 2: I didn't know any better.
Speaker 4: I loved Michael.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wish I was sick, so Michael Jackson would come see me. I would get like cold, want to make a wish. Yeah, I wouldn't wish.
Speaker 2: I gotta wish Mike come.
Speaker 4: On my room. I don't know. You probably to come true.
Speaker 1: If the allegations are true, Mike Man, probably you probably got away on Skath.
Speaker 4: You could be happy. But anyway, moving on. Yeah, so we see in eighty two he's working on uh okay, this story.
Speaker 2: I thought eighty one is that's when he I was like ahead think oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty one is when he high Blocker. But eighty two is when he started working on the the beat It and the Thriller joints. I had no idea. Come on, man, I had no idea. Did you guys know about this crips blood stories?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I heard him. I always thought it was bullshit.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson the crew.
Speaker 4: Gotta know that.
Speaker 2: I've been know now, Michael Jackson the crew. He's a crow.
Speaker 4: He didn't get jumped in, but he's a crip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a crow.
Speaker 4: You didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm being serious. You didn't know as Michael Jackson is a crow.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you because bruh, I'm not gonna have me on this. This motherfucker told you he was dangerous. Michael Jackson and crip. So it's a real story, yess, I'm around. Probably not, but the Chris Blood story, this ship is real.
Speaker 2: I heard it was, but it sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It looked ridiculousulous.
Speaker 5: Have y'all never seen this? Uh the whole video of h Yeah, okay, like I'm talking about like the short film.
Speaker 4: And there's gang members there, yes, but but it all seemed like like I don't know something, they just picked bad gang members. That's really what it was.
Speaker 3: But no, but in the long form video that he's talking about I think those gang members that were in the movie were supposed to be real gang members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were trying to that they but I'm saying it just seemed fake.
Speaker 4: Oh you're talking about in the movie, these were real games, not in no no, no.
Speaker 7: No, no no.
Speaker 3: There's a long form version of the beat It video, yes, where it's almost like a mini documentary. It's like a short film and there's there's gang members in that, and the implication is these are real gang members that they brought off the street.
Speaker 2: But when you're watching that video, they look fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was weird. It was because I didn't like it. It just yeah, it seemed like they made all this up. It felt like that yeah really, Yeah, he's just gonna you know, he's just watching the news like, oh, they need to come together.
Speaker 4: At first, for I said, I was like, oh, this is how we're gonna get we all the world.
Speaker 2: I thought that I did exactly what I thought that.
Speaker 4: Video.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be all the world or heal the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was gonna be one of those two. So yeah, and my understanding that he called both of the gangs.
Speaker 1: There to meet him in his warehouse, and while they were waiting on Michael, they were in their breakdancing.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm saying this seems ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Is that how the story went? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Since, okay, I said, y'all a clip of Snoop said he was a crop. I don't care what Snoop said. I don't listen to Trump.
Speaker 1: Supporters, all right, Well, anyway, yeah, so this was weird. I couldn't wait to ask you all if this was a real story now.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna tell me.
Speaker 3: He had all these crips and bloods in this room and the first thing this man said was your butter's mind and they were all like, oh yeah, let's go. I don't had them doing Yeah, I don't ship. That was like, bro, it was a different brand to homophobia. Ain't no way that I'm believing that.
Speaker 1: No, no, Yeah, So I don't know that was that was weird. But I did like the thriller. Yeah, well MTV moment. I did like that.
Speaker 2: I've heard that's a real story too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like, well, try harder, respect, Yeah, try harder. But again, I think this is another part where I felt like it was It was a little weak because Michael is kind of doing the talking and and John Bronco is just sitting there.
Speaker 4: You're the fucking manager, like you should be pressing down on him, you know so, But yeah, but yeah, try harder.
Speaker 1: And I like that he used his leverage at like the perfect time in that it was you the hardest artists in the world and without MTV, and you know, being on MTV is gonna make you even bigger. However, he still had the threaten to take away all the other rock acts too from the MTV for what to be effective.
Speaker 4: I thought that was really good.
Speaker 3: Was the terminology that's juicy? I don't remember that ever being a thing that he said that when he was meeting with the Bluzz.
Speaker 2: And the Crips.
Speaker 4: He did, but it's Michael Jackson. But was that a thing? I don't remember. That's why I said it is Michael.
Speaker 2: He could have been saying all kind of sh I don't remember anybody saying that.
Speaker 1: I don't either, Yeah either, But yeah, so there, let's see what else? So yeah, a thriller? Oh did you guys like the reenactment of the music video for Thriller?
Speaker 6: Okay, was I tripping or what they're not saying thriller. You weren't saying thriller.
Speaker 2: What do you think they were saying?
Speaker 6: I have no idea, but it sounded like maybe it was the sound in my movie.
Speaker 1: It sounded like they maybe didn't have some type of license in or something, so they like they had know they did just what I was.
Speaker 4: I was like, it just sounded weird. It sounded really weird to me.
Speaker 2: I really liked it.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because God, when you go back and watch the actual video, the people that they got in this movie looked just like the motherfuckers in the video.
Speaker 4: Had that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Killing it such an iconic moment that that fucking video.
Speaker 3: Wait, do we pass the part where we did pass the part where where Michael Jackson's mama went off on Joe right said, I think this was right around us the time. Did y'all catch that giraft outside the window? He gave me the fucking vibe of that bear. I forgot what movie it was, Train Dreams. That giraffe was like, boy, I'm.
Speaker 2: Over here, I told you said, damn.
Speaker 1: People laughed out loud of that that the same the time and of that was hilarious fucking hilarious. Yeah, was like, yeah, no, the thriller scene was dope. I know he was there into Peter Pain, Yes, in his place nether Land. That's why I put to you never threw that before.
Speaker 4: I never knew that. I never knew he was in the Peter Pain like that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Yeah, because.
Speaker 4: I know the book. Yes, I got a check, but you never know.
Speaker 1: Crazy question for him to ask the cartoon I used to have a cartoon series, Peter Pain.
Speaker 3: It was a series. I remember it was a cartoon series Peter. I just thought it was the way he was stroking his face like that every time he was in the book.
Speaker 4: He did it to his lips, and it's that's what he even got a those job.
Speaker 2: That's when he got a nose job.
Speaker 4: He saws these are bad parents.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at some point it's like, bro, what is happening with this child?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like for real, Peter, I never thought about it that way. What you say, I'm not repeating that. That's kend yo.
Speaker 4: Yo. That wow.
Speaker 2: Joe captain Hook he had him labeled as Captain in the water or whatever.
Speaker 4: So this so did he never call him dad? Why did he call him Joseph.
Speaker 3: Again, that's part of the stuff that I didn't really love because it's like, that's what I got.
Speaker 2: No contact, seem like had a problem. That's what I'm saying. He was a kid too, Joseph. Yeah, I never heard him call him that.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did. I don't think any of them did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all they all called him jokes because when they were coming getting from the room, they'd be like, Joseph.
Speaker 2: Wants to see you.
Speaker 4: That is weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's no contact, so that's yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think as we moved to the final part of this movie, the final act, I do felt like I wish that would have been a deeper conversation about like here he is the biggest artist in the world, selling out everywhere, and well the racial on the tones of what was happening in music him just can't be on MTV and he and like you said, Mike, when.
Speaker 4: He called it was like I'm gonna pull all my acts. And he didn't have slouches.
Speaker 2: Those were huge, he said, all these motherfuckers, bro, So of course.
Speaker 1: They're gonna, you know, comply, because they don't want to lose that. They don't want to lose the white that catalog. Yep, and Michael Jackson is damn there bigger than all of them. So it's not like white people were not listening to his music at that point and he didn't get their play because they just wanted to be racist and Mike changed.
Speaker 2: All of that ship. They glossed over that too much for my taste. I agree they didn't even factor in. I mean, I know they did touch on the Villa Igo ship, which whatever, say whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, because I think there was more to that. I don't think it was just because he had been Aligo.
Speaker 4: You think he actually was trying to bleach.
Speaker 2: He turned himself into a white woman.
Speaker 5: So you you're still even with that that with them trying to clear that up, you still think that was the case if you're watching, I'm sorry, but I had the same exact discussion of my girl last night, and I literally sound like, I'm tired of you acting like Roberson.
Speaker 4: So it's just funny that.
Speaker 5: Now I'm having the same exact discussion with you because she said the same thing.
Speaker 2: She's like, wait, do you really think he bleached his skin? I'm like, yes, of course he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was that was a cover up, but he was just trying to even it out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: See see.
Speaker 3: But no, I do think he had been a ligo, I definitely, and I do think that he was probably insecure about it. But that doesn't explain the nose and then the hair. He turned himself into a white woman. There was definitely racial issues happening with Michael Jackson, and the movie did not touch on any of that. Maybe they couldn't because they don't have any facts with it. Yeah, but it definitely seemed to me that growing up he had issues with race.
Speaker 2: And racial identity, racial acceptance.
Speaker 1: At the fair, it was a bunch of white people at the Fair, which you know, I thought was weird, And they even had the whole statement in there was uh well, maybe not weird given the times, but even had the statement in there talking about I'm a proud black artist.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, that sound weird.
Speaker 2: It did sound very weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, okay, Like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Think they could have dropped a little bit of a nugget and they didn't have to go into like okay, yeah, you were trying to change into a white woman, But they could have dropped something in there to imply that he was even thinking about these.
Speaker 2: Things, because I'm sure if you think about it, by the time he was getting that.
Speaker 3: Big, when he would perform, he would see a sea of white faces because who could afford Michael Jackson tickets.
Speaker 4: It was mostly white folks, and he was playing.
Speaker 2: Overseas a lot.
Speaker 3: So I wish they could have just maybe dropped a little bit of that into the movie to see like, Okay, maybe he's noticing this and this is having an effect on him.
Speaker 2: Because who's the white woman that he really liked that he was around all the time.
Speaker 4: Denise Richards?
Speaker 2: That's what Who was Denise Richards?
Speaker 4: She played in movies and stuff. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was a white woman that he was around all the time.
Speaker 3: But she was like real glamorous, Oh you're talking about wasn't it Elizabeth Taylor?
Speaker 4: I think it was Elizabeth.
Speaker 5: I think it was a Liza bit of Taylor always word hello dollar that lady. So I can't but I remember I remember seeing him around this lady all the time.
Speaker 4: I thought it was his godmother.
Speaker 1: For you talking about Taylor talking about shields, I don't think it was. That's not what I was talking about. This is an older lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah she was.
Speaker 2: She was, Uh, she was older.
Speaker 4: I was definitely. I'm pretty sure a lot of white he was.
Speaker 2: And then he it's so much so he was like, I want to look like y'all.
Speaker 4: Well, the last part of this is.
Speaker 1: Uh, we popped back where you know, Michael, we did the whole thriller thing, so he's rocking and rolling at this point, and then uh, we get Don King and Joe Jackson.
Speaker 2: H that was Oh really I didn't love that. I didn't love Don King and this. Yeah, like it wasn't terrible, but.
Speaker 5: It was kind of It was weird, especially when they made Don King scene.
Speaker 4: I think he was the man at that point in time. He was, but they made him seem like he was all shady and like this.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: Like he was saying, I know you're right, You're right, all right? Then the truth he was just like what said that? For me? It was like.
Speaker 1: King, but like, well, I guess he did have a lot of power. You're right, all right, he did have a lot of power. It's just I guess it's more how the actor portrayed him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was just like joining the sense of like white people. He he he ain't take no ship from white people. He had a certain authority.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he was like, don't screw me, whether he says don't screw me on this Joe or something like that.
Speaker 2: So I think at that point Joe kind of had a bad rep, didn't he.
Speaker 4: I can't. I mean, he probably had a rope not having Mike in the pocket. Yeah. Yeah, this was eighty four. Yep, that was it, because he was like, its Michael gonna be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was like, yeah, yeah, the streets, the streets are talking, yep, cat your fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would know, absolutely, he would know if anybody know, he would know. They cover that era though.
Speaker 5: Because man, I fucking love that goddamn album Victory Victory, But they didn't do State of Shock.
Speaker 4: How you do this whole movie? I was waiting for it.
Speaker 5: The dude next week was dancing the whole time. I was like, bro, if they hit State of Shock, I'm getting up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they got up in my theater. Definitely dancing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, especially at our theater.
Speaker 4: You know what I was.
Speaker 1: I was I so I didn't see anybody behind me, so I didn't see it. So I was at a sophisticated one.
Speaker 4: This time. I didn't do it about us.
Speaker 5: This was I had to go tomorrow. Dog, I'm not going nowhere tomorrow. You know they had private theaters in marro.
Speaker 4: I heard, so people could dance. Yes, they don't want to complain. Yeah, yeah, they have private theaters there.
Speaker 2: But are the what do you call the little thing we have the monthly? It didn't it wouldn't work for that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, okay, them.
Speaker 2: Private theaters were sold out.
Speaker 4: I already knew what was going down in there.
Speaker 2: Yes, it got so.
Speaker 5: It got so bad at our theater. I don't know if y'all checked it later. They canceled other movies like everything was Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Series.
Speaker 2: It said sorry, sorry, no more shoring spoiler for the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: I was like, also with Michael Jackson, it was like it in when I was leaving here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pack you're like, yeah, it was close to my new job.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah to the white people.
Speaker 2: No, he was in cabb Oh they got death.
Speaker 4: Wish, yeah, all the times, bro, Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: It was I was like, because I was trying to find someone.
Speaker 5: I was trying to take Dawn to the movies yesterday and I was trying to see if there was a new animated yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: Because I'm still processing what I was gonna let them see Michael or whatever. And man, I looked. I was like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: My app I was like, man, don't tell me. This is because of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: I looked, I'm talking about seven, seven fifteen, eight eight thirty.
Speaker 4: Man, I was like, damn the motherfucker. They shut that ship down for Mike.
Speaker 2: You know what that shows you?
Speaker 3: That shows that you can't listen to fucking critics because I didn't see what y'all I was talking about.
Speaker 4: I believe you. I've just heard it too.
Speaker 5: If critics were tearing this movie apart, clearly the general public does not care.
Speaker 2: They want to see Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: As soon as Don came mentioned was gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah, yeah, why it was?
Speaker 5: It looked like ship's should It was awful, dude.
Speaker 4: It looked like he was dancing as all the way down to the bottom.
Speaker 2: When that little sizzle fell in there, I was like, oh, this is what y'all hooked. He looked like ghost Writer, the old Ghostwriter movie. He was running down the stairs.
Speaker 5: I was like, dude, little fucking shitty CGI, is this oh so bad man?
Speaker 4: But I still felt it.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the burn was that bad. I agree, Yes, yeah, I didn't know he had to like get what they say late implants or.
Speaker 5: Something plants, you know that ship. I didn't know it was almost ruined his career. Like, I didn't know it was that bad. I thought it was just an incident that happened and then he got right back out there and no, they made it seem like, no, this almost ruined his career.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was like, oh shit, I would own PEPSI.
Speaker 1: Well, he took all the money and gave it to the children's like they said seven figures, yeah.
Speaker 4: Seven figures.
Speaker 1: I ain't tell what the amount was, but yeah, he was like give it all here, yeah, which was nice.
Speaker 3: He saw They kind of implied that that's where the painkillers started, yep, which I don't know if that's true or not, but I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 4: Yep. I did too. Oh okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he had that drip and he was walking around with it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah damn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they even showed it yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, everything like that was real subtle.
Speaker 3: I feel like they did a good job with that kind of stuff. It was this was this was after the moonwalking scene, but you didn't you didn't.
Speaker 4: Oh was that at the Motown twenty five things? Remember? But it was off the wall because I was trying to remember if that was the first time he did it.
Speaker 3: After that, yeah, that was the first time he did it. It was all television and I can't front that scene. That kind of got me hyped.
Speaker 4: He was killing it.
Speaker 2: It kind of got me hyped. I felt like I was there and there he was killing this ship. I was like, oh, ship, what was that?
Speaker 4: And then they came.
Speaker 1: They relay that really will They didn't even Quincy Jones, I was I mean Lurn's take character came backstage.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, that's ship crazy.
Speaker 4: And then of course Joe coming through like he didn't. You can't even get one day, dude, You're like.
Speaker 6: This funny Joe thought he was responsible for all of this ship.
Speaker 2: I see why, though I disagree. You know, I understood his take when he was saying that. He was like, man, I built this ship.
Speaker 6: Your son just happened to be Michael fucking Jackson to right, right.
Speaker 3: But you do got to wonder how far Mike jack would have gone if Peter had Yeah, that's a good point, or if Joe wouldn't have pushed him as hard as he do, you know, because Michael Jackson was him, because he was so different and unique and kind of weird, he wouldn't have been any of that without Joe. Probably that's not excusing abuse, So don't be stupid Reddit, right, you know, it's a it's an interesting.
Speaker 2: Quandary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, that was that was dope, And I felt like they captured, like just the reactions in the crowd when people saw it.
Speaker 4: It felt like they made it real, like, oh my god, what did he just do? Sort of moment.
Speaker 1: I think it was one moment he was doing a dance and he stood on his toes. You're like, I thought it was the same one.
Speaker 5: They were like, yeah, oh yeah, right, You're like, you know, I was supposed to stay on my toes a little bit longer, which.
Speaker 4: Is like what But to us we were like, it's still sucking dope.
Speaker 1: We didn't even know that, like right, but when you go back and look at the original clip, it does seem like he's he wanted to stay longer, but he didn't on on that on that part, So I thought that was interesting that they put that in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the last thing we got in this movie was basically he was like, yeah, I'm still gonna do the tour because you know, because again we yeah, Joe Jackson.
Speaker 5: Being a day till about when when is he gonna be able to perform? Yeah that was crazy and didn't care, no, not at all, but Joe.
Speaker 2: That sounded like Joe.
Speaker 1: Yep, he had a lot on the line. I'm not excusing it, but you know, don King, we don't know what. We don't know what King was gonna do to him, and he come.
Speaker 2: Through sick sick the other mic on you don't want that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but uh yeah, he did the Victory tour, which was killed and that was a moment like Michael Jackson reunited with his brothers man for a whole tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I felt his brothers though that wasn't really a reunite. That was where you're backing band.
Speaker 4: I never felt like it was.
Speaker 3: No, but that album is hard spite it is the album. Did they They didn't say that, but they give the impression that they felt like that. And and I don't see how they wouldn't because Michael Jackson was in the front singing his own songs, but in the front and then in the back. But they're playing his music that, you know, And they didn't even I mean, they touched on Jermaine a little bit.
Speaker 4: They said he stayed at Moti, he.
Speaker 2: Stayed in Motown.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess they didn't really need to delve into that too much. But I don't know, man, I don't know. I think overall, I mean, the fact that Janet wasn't in it, LaToya was kind of talked.
Speaker 2: About, yeah, maybe done, and she did. He did a whole bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was weird that it was only one sister.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, because reb wasn't in it either.
Speaker 4: I don't yeah, I think they only showed one.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I guess they all were just like, no, I don't put us in this ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but no, it was it was. It was.
Speaker 1: It was cool because I yeah, it's just like you definitely go back, you know, back in time, because that that was a big ass moment, like because a lot of the adults at the time, they grew up with the Jazz five, they saw them break off.
Speaker 4: I don't know. If Janet was doing her.
Speaker 2: Thing then no, she was probably on good times at that point, right, probably so.
Speaker 4: Uh, Tremaine had an album out, so I think he had a hit.
Speaker 3: I think he had that one hit. I can't remember what it was called it was. I had the album. Uh, it was him and he had it was him and that red.
Speaker 4: Was it or you're talking about was it not? Don't take it personal. Oh, I know what you're talking about, man.
Speaker 5: Ship.
Speaker 4: Somebody to look it up.
Speaker 2: I'm looking it up now.
Speaker 4: Serious. Yeah, that was the jam, wasn't it. I don't think that was the song? That is that? Is that the name of the album?
Speaker 2: No, that's the same of the song.
Speaker 4: But there was whatever he had like a video.
Speaker 5: I don know what you're talking It was him in like a red car. I know exactly what you're talking about. Maybe it was that song, but.
Speaker 2: I don't I can't remember. He had a couple of jams.
Speaker 4: But you know Jermaine's number one hit, Let's get serious. I guess that is it was.
Speaker 2: Let's get serious.
Speaker 1: Stevie Wonder wrote it and somebody else. I don't hear it in my head though, I don't hear how it goes. That's why I'm struggling with it.
Speaker 3: You remember that this is the album talking about Yeah, yeah, let me take your fancy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: It was him in this bright ass red car with this woman tickling his chin. You don't know nothing about that, Spike, I don't, but yeah, man, I was all right, you know it was. It was very smart to end where they ended it, because then they can just make the excuse of, well, the allegations didn't happen till after that, so we don't, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, which is which is kind of when I was on I was just kind of getting in some info wiki just background that that's kind of what they kind of alluded to and gives them.
Speaker 4: Room to make a too.
Speaker 1: So if it does well, which it fucking did, this shit Killed Part two is not going to do anywhere near as well.
Speaker 4: I feel like the only reason this did so well is.
Speaker 3: Because they didn't touch on any of the allegations or the controversies.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think I agree with your statement about I don't think part two would do well because these are the albums after this.
Speaker 2: You have dangerous, dangerous, good album, but it wasn't remember the.
Speaker 4: Time Invincible, So it's a different part of Michael's career that people don't want to remember.
Speaker 3: No, I remember the time was on Dangerous you think of the history was Oh it had black and white on it, right, Yeah, black and White was on Dangerous.
Speaker 4: So there's still more to talk about it.
Speaker 2: But that's where the controversy still. That's the controversy. So they would have to do this very I don't know how they can.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 1: It's not without not in this way, like this is a very much like celebration of Mike.
Speaker 5: I think you can still put it in his like in a in a in a better light from his perspective.
Speaker 3: But see, then you open yourself up for your own movie being controversial. Like right now, the movie isn't controversial. It's just people think it's bad.
Speaker 2: But whatever, what I think is bad and they feel like they left out stuff, But see I.
Speaker 3: Don't think they left They did leave stuff out, but it wasn't like insensitive leaving things out. Like if they did a part two and they just continued on with his career and never touched on any of the kids stuff, then that.
Speaker 2: Would be weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be disingenious that would be disingenuous, and I think they can't do that. That's why I think they should stop. I think not because of the money, but this should have been it. This should be the writer could do it. I don't because I mean, you're made ninety four to one hundred mil. It's probably gonna do two hundred mile globally. It already has done two hundred are already. Yeah, So it's it's through the roof, which makes sense. It does my Michael Jackson and we people get a chance to relive it here all of the hits that they grew up listeners.
Speaker 2: And they don't want to feel bad about liking Michael Jackson. That's what I'm saying. That's why I'm leaving it right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were smart to do this as far as like monetarily, they were smart.
Speaker 2: It's already two seventeen, it's going to be And what I.
Speaker 4: Was saying earlier that they were going to bring in they had to do a rewrite because of this kid Chandler that apparently there's a h NDA or something like that where they can't include his name in.
Speaker 2: The store in the Morning Chandler.
Speaker 1: I think that was one of the first allegations. Hold on, let me see if I can find it. My computers about to run out of power. Jordan Chandler. So yeah, Uh, there was a clause in the settlement with one of Jackson's accuses Jordan Chandler, forbidding any mention of Chandler in the film. Wow, So they had to rewrite it. Variety reported that they were going to mention it in the third act.
Speaker 2: Oh, and that's the part you're saying they took out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the part. Yeah, I was talking about. Is the mice one that took out?
Speaker 1: And uh, they have to do some rewrites because Logan who is this Logan guy? Uh, one of the scripts got damaged in the in the Fire Palisades fry.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so yeah, that's charging because you gotta do super chets.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I do have a supercharge. I do need a charger, but I do have a I have to get my Uh it's bombing. It's probably in that bottom section. It's a it's a power bank in there. All right, put it right, we can put it right here. But yeah, I going to drop the first super chat on here. Well, let me close out this. Yeah, answer a real quick question.
Speaker 2: From Marty McFly.
Speaker 3: He's saying, I don't know why folks think the second movie is going to get into it. I don't think there's any way for them to make a second movie without them getting into it. Yeah, those accusations was were a huge part of his career from Dangerous through History, So it would be very odd unless I'm misunderstanding your question, Martin McFly, But I don't see how they would be able to do that.
Speaker 5: I think I think they're I think what he's probably saying is that there's still enough entertainment pieces. I get what you're saying too that it would and you in Spike, it would just be disingenious, is what you're saying, the words you use to just act like that like those albums. But they basically did that with his first part too though. But there weren't any accusers this point. The accuser, from what I remember, came after Bad. Yeah, that's that's That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They ended. It just happened. Well, mccula cochin said he never did anything.
Speaker 1: Everything that I read, but everything I read said that everything started after Bad, that the accusation started after Bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Okay, yep, so, but.
Speaker 3: Well, we were just informed that this is not a life story. So I appreciate you all letting us know that that he didn't die after bad happened.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't know that, damn. Well, now you've learned something new.
Speaker 4: I thank you. I'm just playing, don't be don't be so sensitive, play safe.
Speaker 2: You're gonna talk about closes and stuff, everybody passing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They did a good job of capturing that because we we all saw that ship. Fat yeah.
Speaker 5: I think Eddie Murphy did the best rendition of that. Michael, yeah, man, we're passing down and stuff, and then him saying yeah, we saw that, yeah, and then him saying say yeah, well he again said he's gonna walk up to Joe and tell him to his face.
Speaker 4: But he just made the announcement on stage. I remember that ship too.
Speaker 10: Remember that wait you remember which part when he made that announcement on stage, which was, oh that he was going the last remember that whatever.
Speaker 5: From what I've read, that was like a huge thing because it wasn't playing, no, it wasn't was like, let's talk this ounds right, And the brothers were like.
Speaker 4: Fuck yeah, you see their face? Yeah you serious?
Speaker 2: They were just got by Jerry Crowd You're gonna leave me now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because Joe was back to selling this world parish and it will.
Speaker 3: That was kind of foul though for him to do that a little bit because his brothers wasn't I mean, I'm not saying they weren't ship, but they weren't ship like that. It was kind of dirty for him to just be like, all, I'm gonna announce this on stage and even my brothers don't know, and.
Speaker 4: They were probably happy to be back on stage get some money in their pocket. Bro right.
Speaker 2: It had been a minute and the only one really doing it it was Jermaine. That was kind of dirty.
Speaker 4: Mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was definitely dirty.
Speaker 6: I didn't know he sold out Dodger Stadium eight nights in a row.
Speaker 1: I was eight, that's what he said, twenty eight like Bromichael, Yeah, I know you're yeah, it sounds crazy, but it's still Michael Jackson, Like I think we do forget. So the Jackson five at that time, so when they went to CBS, they had Triumph Destiny, so they still had hits. Yeah, he still had some hits without Mike. And then in eighty nine they came back, but to find hit I will, but uh well, you're kind of right, but it looks like each song had something on it that did something. And then they did the twenty three hundred Jackson Street joint.
Speaker 4: No I remember that. Oh man, that was so good.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Really, that's you remember that twenty three hundred Jackson Street. This was after the Victory album, don't it was. I didn't bother with it because Mike jack laught.
Speaker 4: That song is so good. I remember that. Look it up. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: They on Triumph, they had Heartbreak Hotel, which was displaced Hotel, and they had can You Feel It?
Speaker 3: That was that was a big That was Triumph was first. I thought it was Triumph in Victory, am I am? I getting it backwards?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well no, you're right, it was Triumph then Victory. Yeah. What I was saying was like leading up to the Victory tour, they had songs.
Speaker 1: They had popular I won't say popular, I won't say hits, but they had popular song when Mike wasn't around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think that. Yeah that that album went to number ten on the Billboard LP. Uh so, yeah. They released like five singles on their Destiny that was before that.
Speaker 1: What did they have on that one. Blame it on the boogie, shake your body down to the ground. I remember blaming on the boogie.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: So they had a joint off that joint going places before that had okay, well, yeah you missed, you missed the.
Speaker 2: Time then, like, I'm sure if you played it I would remember. I remember it right now.
Speaker 3: The only Jackson album including Jackson five joints, the only Jackson I might still listen to fucking Victory.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on, Mike may have still been part of those joints. Hold on.
Speaker 1: He was definitely part of the seventy sixth and seven, so he loved did he leave in Destiny?
Speaker 2: Why are you always in my business?
Speaker 4: Rob Costa?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's no Michael Jackson. So yeah, so hold on, let me get make sure I got my timeline right. So which album they do without him? So he was still win them with Destiny? Let me get in a super one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so one after Victory.
Speaker 4: It must have been Triumph.
Speaker 2: Triumph was before Victory.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so yeah, disregard everything I said. I'll look it up.
Speaker 2: Just go ahead and go on to super Chats.
Speaker 4: Never mind. Yeah, I take everything out back. Victory was the one he wasn't on, wasn't on Victory.
Speaker 2: He was on Victory. He was on the cover of Victory. Remember he was the only one that was all glittered out with the fucking glove.
Speaker 4: And they ain't have ship with the mic.
Speaker 2: I thought they had an album after Victory, is what I was saying.
Speaker 4: They did. It was twenty three hundred Jash and I thought that's the one he wasn't on. He wasn't on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so they did have an album without him.
Speaker 4: Money that one that sounds stupid as fun.
Speaker 2: They took him, but we got there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, so yeah, they damn they need a mic bro.
Speaker 2: They didn't need poor Mike the second Mike left them, damn.
Speaker 4: So he was still doing apples.
Speaker 1: Never mind, I'm gonna read the super chats because I'm gonna I'm I do plan on.
Speaker 4: I'm planning and actually.
Speaker 1: Going through Michael Jackson's whole career musically, through his whole discographer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a lot, but it's gonna be fun. Yeah. Anyway, so that is the movie.
Speaker 1: I get the credits criticism of it in terms of lack of character dev there were things they missed. I felt they could have went deeper with some of the stories, but again, and I think for his fan base, they don't want to see all that. And I think what they covered not a lot of a lot of that was present, so they couldn't really get into that. So with the second one, if they have released one, we'll see, that's when I think they could be fair.
Speaker 4: But but it was fine, and that's it. We're done, all right.
Speaker 2: It wasn't too bad too, So we appreciate.
Speaker 4: You guys tuning them, man and watching us cover the Michael Jackson film.
Speaker 2: And people showed up too.
Speaker 4: It's Michael.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's one thing I say.
Speaker 5: I didn't for whatever reason, they didn't registered that this many people would go out and watch this movie like that.
Speaker 4: I didn not. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I never hit me that they would. I don't know, man, I don't know why I didn't never take it that seriously.
Speaker 4: I just didn't.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, it makes sense now, But before I just never even Yeah, it's never even registered.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we'll leave it there, man.
Speaker 1: Check out out your four reviews and everything else we got coming up, and we'll get you guys next time.
Speaker 4: We out, Please pe