Speaker 1: The phrase per second podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's get into it about a pre checks, so we're ready to go. We are here to discuss the new Project Hell Mary movie with Ryan Goslin. It was Phil Lord, I think, was the director on this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
Speaker 2: They are actually behind the Spider Man joints and something else.
Speaker 1: The Spider Man joints. That's pretty broad.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's the animated so you're right. Uh, the Lego movie. M hmm, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball. This is Phil Lord.
Speaker 3: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually a good movie. It's an animated movie. Well, oh you never heard of that before. And Spider Man across the across the Spider Verse and beyond the Spider Verse. Cool, So that's what he's uh, that's some other stuff yeah, and some other stuff as well.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Chris Miller, I don't know. Phil Lord was the.
Speaker 2: One that that That's all I'm talking about the most. Uh it's a sci fi movie. Sci fi movie about Drummer in the End of the Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been asking for more soci fi movies and uh, you know, then I saw the poster for this, like when you go tomorrow, they have little posters and stuff. I was like, oh, this is this is an interesting we got one. We got one on the way. But I haven't seen any trailers or anything like that. But but yeah, and it's off of a book, so that seems to be where they're getting all this ship from nowadays. But but it's doing pretty well in the movie theaters.
Speaker 1: It's uh refect. They've been pushing it pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I haven't seen any everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a theater experience like the way it's supposed to be and all that.
Speaker 1: They're definitely pushing this.
Speaker 2: Okay, two hundred million budget, one hundred and forty one million box office so far, so I think it's some point that to make that back.
Speaker 1: Seems to be doing well. Yeah, well they're leaving them, let'st know.
Speaker 2: Uh but yeah, so before yeah, they are like flying but uh, you know, I don't know, I will we'll leave them all. We still have to also make sure you guys check out Patreon.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We did a conversation Terrible Movies and we're doing atl after this, so but yeah, go ahead and leaving super chats Man we'll get to them and.
Speaker 5: We're doing what else. We've started doing trailer reviews, y'all. Y'all been asking y'all been asking for those for a while and we've been doing them. They were they've been fun so far. I think people are liking them, so make sure you go and be a Patreon supporter. We finally made ken watch the doomsday trailer with a X Men, and then we did a bunch more today.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's been fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they think you're saying Atol is terrible because the way you said it.
Speaker 1: Well watch the review de five. There you go.
Speaker 2: Anyway, let's get into this movie, man, because this is the highest grossing film of twenty twenty six so far. So let's go around the room see what people thought about this film.
Speaker 1: Rot. I enjoyed it. Yeah, it was cool. No, it was cool.
Speaker 4: I feel like it was a slightly overhyped though, but I think it was.
Speaker 1: It was fine, you know it did.
Speaker 4: I think it served its purpose, but no, it gave me nostalgic feels.
Speaker 1: Okay, Spike, nostalgic is right. I agree.
Speaker 6: It felt like an old school movie, like they wanted to be big and like Blockbuster.
Speaker 1: Uh it was okay. I wasn't mad at it. I was entertained.
Speaker 6: I don't know if I like spending that much a long time on the screen with Ryan Gosling. He don't really do it for me like that as an actor. I enjoyed him when he was with people more, but overall he was entertaining.
Speaker 1: Okay, with people more like not Rocky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I him and really like real people like he ain't good as Matt Damon was in marshten. When Matt Damon was on there by himself, okay, and I think that's what they were going for.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about your Matt?
Speaker 3: Surprisingly I really liked this. I expected to hate it.
Speaker 5: I don't like when you say you don't want to be there with Ryan Gosling. I don't want to be there with nobody. Two hours and forty minutes. I was so mad and y'all listening and.
Speaker 1: Then watching it, I tried to get out of it.
Speaker 3: Not let me do this.
Speaker 5: We're really gonna make you go to the fucking theater for damn near three hours with Ryan Goslin in Space. I didn't know anything about The Little Martian because I didn't watched any trailers. I just knew the ship was damn near three hours, but nah, man, I walked out and I was like, that was good. I will never watch it again ever in my life because I have no reason to.
Speaker 3: But I liked it. It's not my kind of movie.
Speaker 1: Though I didn't not.
Speaker 2: For most of it, and but on a rewatch, it's much better.
Speaker 1: You watched the ship, well, go back through it again.
Speaker 2: But I didn't feel like I needed to rewatch it. But there were parts in the beginning, like that first act, that I felt like, okay, now that I understand a little bit about what's going because it's one of those films they say, like it's real science so and I think part of the issues that I had was was Ryan Goslin and the character that he was. He was doing kind of really goofy and silly and all the other shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, like what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: And then Rocky was the same fucking way, so I'm like, this is not a serious like movie. Yeah, that was really he was like I'm with you. Him by himself, oh my god, I'm like Jesus Christ. But him around other people was definitely much better.
Speaker 6: And the serious parts worked a lot better for me, Like you say that, yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the comedic tone that yeah, him falling and tripping.
Speaker 2: Ye, it's just like, okay, y'all are doing way too much trying to sell him as this big, goofy.
Speaker 1: Kind of guy.
Speaker 2: But I think thinking about it though, going back and rewatching.
Speaker 1: Parts of the first like the first.
Speaker 2: Forty to fifty minutes of it, it started to make more sense in terms of like the story they were telling it with his character and how he developed, you know, towards the end and and I kind of got it a little bit.
Speaker 1: More because there was a lot of like set up.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, you know, telling us about the science and all this other stuff to get to space, and you really don't have a full feeling for what his character is because until towards the end of the movie, because they used this uh what they called retrograde amnesia to kind of fill in the gaps of how he got on this ship.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, it was, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot better for me on the second watch, But that middle act was.
Speaker 1: Was much much better for me. Can you give me the Mouse? The middle of act that was I thought this path was faster. You got it last time, so I thought.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, man, so you know we we we opened you know, the movie with him basically Jesus, you know, waits up on the spacecraft.
Speaker 1: You know, he's got.
Speaker 2: This beard and he's all like, you know, we were talking about unkempt On is the my salon. Uh, And we don't know who he is. He don't know who he is, and that is our introduction to the character, which kind of work because none of us know what the fuck is going on. So we were kind of there with him in the moment. But uh, but he is apparently the survivor of three people.
Speaker 1: And he is uh.
Speaker 2: In the beginning, they told us like light years away as a matter of fact, eleven something light years away from Earth, and then they started to give us flashbacks of him being a school teacher and all this other stuff. So what did you guys think about, like the our introduction to Rolin Grace and then kind of seeing like what type of person he is and how he interacted with with with students, that that helped at all, especially as we move forward.
Speaker 6: Oh damn, I didn't I seen the previews, so it ruined the beginning. For me, it took the mystery out of it. I knew, like they wined it in the previews.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're the smartest person and you're going to save the earth, like they said that in the previews.
Speaker 6: So I knew all that waking up stuff. It didn't really matter to me, but I did. Again when we talk about liking him with people. I liked him in the classroom. I liked him teaching the students the lava, the ball is the lava, like all of that worked for me. When he was coexisting with everybody else, Yeah, I was confused as him.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, why they send this guy, this, this regular ast teacher because.
Speaker 1: He downplayed himself obviously. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just like, and we don't know that at first, until until just a little bit later when you find out just how smart.
Speaker 1: What he is.
Speaker 4: It's just how it goes against the grain and tries to uh discover basically, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I thought I thought that was interesting when they finally started that.
Speaker 2: You know what, I was with you, Rod, like, you know, he he worked well with kids. We did see that his personality type is perfect for the school environment.
Speaker 1: Especially that age.
Speaker 2: Heau he's kind of silly and goofy anyway, So and he has a way of kind of communicating and talking to people to especially with kids on that level, to break down science and stuff. But what I did like was how they were using the kids to kind of explain what was going on before we found out how serious it was.
Speaker 1: The patrol A lot of yeah it was.
Speaker 2: So I think using the kids almost as I don't want to say an emotional anchor port because I don't think that that's true. But seeing like kids talk about like what's about to happen to the world versus adult kind of really said a different type of tone because their future in thirty years is going to be wiped away. So I thought that was a really I haven't read the book, so I thought that was a really good choice to use them to kind of kind of saying in the movie a little bit, what about you, Mike, What did you think about Rolin Grace?
Speaker 1: What was his first name? I thought it was Grace.
Speaker 5: I thought it was too but I guess that would make sense why they're near mind. Anyway, I liked him. I don't think I had the problem that you guys had with him. I thought he was fine with the kids. I thought he was fine on his own. I liked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't usually do it for me.
Speaker 5: I don't think he's like this incredible actor, but I think he did.
Speaker 1: A good job here.
Speaker 5: When they introduced him with the kids, I was like, Okay, I see what's.
Speaker 1: Going on here.
Speaker 5: I assumed he was downplaying his intelligence.
Speaker 1: But even when he was talking about you know this, you can see the.
Speaker 5: Sound or whatever echoed something, Yeah, I was like, okay, so he's he's smart.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, which came around later. What do they call it echo?
Speaker 2: Something that's called Rocky echo location backs wells dolphins use it. So yeah, they had that in the very beginning of the movie, which I didn't kind of pick up in my first time watch because it sounds like he's just talking, you know, and and some of the stuff he was saying didn't really have any relevancy.
Speaker 6: I didn't pick up to just now to you just say, that's what the stuff that he was doing at the beginning, with the things bouncing off the sound stuff, that that's how Rocky was seeing the Did he just sit.
Speaker 1: That it's fine? I didn't. I didn't I didn't see it until the second time.
Speaker 3: With three hours to learn this.
Speaker 1: Jesus RS.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, so so she she comes in and starts to recruit him, and in between these like flashbacks, he's kind of on the ship trying to figure some ship out where he's at, and he's zooming out and he's like, oh, we were really really far away from the sun and shit like that. So I'm with you in the sense of, like, I think the discombobilation felt in the beginning is very much how he must have felt. So so yeah, that's that's how I felt about him. But yeah, she kind of filled out more of his character. You're really fucking smart, molecular biologist or whatever, and you're willing to challenge people, which is what she was looking for.
Speaker 4: I liked her. It was my favorite character, like that. She she did the dead pain. I'm not a fun person, but.
Speaker 6: She was making jokes, right, But she was making jokes, yeah, the same dry human like.
Speaker 1: I liked her.
Speaker 2: I did, yeah, because not knock, who's there? She was like, yeah, I don't do jokes.
Speaker 1: But none of it.
Speaker 2: Ship was working because you're talking to fucking adults now, you know. While he was saying being all but you know, it's just part of who he was. But yeah, she was later on making jokes when we saw him kind of trying to figure out what this organism is that's eating up like the son. You know, this astrophage is a micro organism and uh, it was increasing this population on the Sun which would result in this clearing off the Earth within thirty years. And ever Strot is the person you're talking about, and she got some other signs for him to study, uh, this this astrophag stuff because it was leaving going to fucking Venice, Venus, Venus, and nobody knew why so and that's where he was tasked to find out. So in the midst of all of that, we also end up introduced to Carl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all know who Carl from.
Speaker 5: I kept thinking that was Marcus, and I kept forgetting to go look it up and make sure, But that was Marcus.
Speaker 1: It definitely was, Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It just didn't for some reason, it didn't look like hair.
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? Yeah, because in the Berry only where that discovery. Yeah, now we know why.
Speaker 2: We know what Hey, bro, I feel it, I feel it, Marcus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Agents can't wear hats.
Speaker 1: Are you sure what y'all think about him? Though? He did a good job. I like this. I like this role for him. It wouldn't I wish he actually wish he had had more stuff to do. That's the right amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, especially towards the end of his role and how he got on the ship. So I thought it was just enough for him.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Carl? Same? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was like, oh shit, a dude from Bear or whatever, So not that that was really cool to see him in another role kind of remind me like how we started seeing Paperboy and more's it. So I hope we see him in more things as well, because he's good in the Bear. But no, yeah, I think he had enough time personally, I mean for us to have some sort of feeling about him or whatever. They they spent some time with them, like you know, bonding and connecting in the.
Speaker 1: Store and things like that. So no, I like, I really liked his role.
Speaker 4: I like his role here, Like even even when they did the foul ship to him, he was like, look you got this.
Speaker 1: You know who you are? Yeah? You know how yeah? Basically yeah, yeah it.
Speaker 2: He he played a well, I think is a really good, uh part role in the sense of he started to show that that Ryan Grace was very infectious and it tends to rub off on people.
Speaker 1: Carl came across.
Speaker 2: Very like stoid, stiff, like very much like a government agent. But around Grace, yeah, he was playful, playing bowling in the ground throat. So Grace has this this way of kind of breaking people's layers down, you know that they have and and they kind of developed this bond and his friendship and they discovered and he was like, oh, yeah, we have babies or whatever.
Speaker 1: Even a little spartan was like, yeah, we just had a child. He was like, oh yeah, he was what he said. He said you should sit down.
Speaker 2: He was like, now I'm stand out because I'm a fucking adults.
Speaker 1: Well we just had a baby now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I thought that that was good because, you know, it kind of it was supposed to sort of it didn't the first time take off like this goofiness with him, but the second watch it helped out a lot. So I really liked their role and then using all that to kind of explain what the fuck was going on with this astrophage.
Speaker 3: You don't think he felt sorry for Grace because he knew knew what they.
Speaker 1: Were going to do to him.
Speaker 2: I don't think he knew until it was necessary. He didn't know because.
Speaker 3: Because she knew from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Yes, she said he was always a Plan B if these other scientists did not work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do agree with that, But I don't think he felt sorry for him until Plan B kicked in.
Speaker 1: I don't think they knew they were going to get the Plan B.
Speaker 5: I think she wanted him always to do it, but she was going to send those other people.
Speaker 1: If he did want to want to volunteer.
Speaker 3: She wanted him to volunteer to do it.
Speaker 5: But then when he met him and he could tell like, oh, this guy doesn't want to go, but little does he know, he's he's gonna go anyway. I think he knew the whole time that if those other scientists did not go, and part of me on some conspiracy theory ship, I almost thought she killed the motherfuckers on purpose.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like they never really explained what happened and why they did.
Speaker 1: I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 5: I know, that's a fucking weird mistake. To make exactly so. I they didn't say this, but part of me thinks that that ship was on purpose purpose because they thought that he was the most qualified for this job, and they were hoping that once those scientists died, that he would volunteer to go. They weren't saying right. The people that were on the ship, Oh no, no, no, okay, no, I.
Speaker 1: Think they were already gonna go. We have my man, Eric tale was he what about his ascent again?
Speaker 5: I couldn't what's Brian y'all that I'm hearing? And why am I the only one having an issue.
Speaker 1: With this and you're not? I heard? Yeah, I heard it too, And no one's gonna look.
Speaker 5: I mean I always that's why many white people here.
Speaker 1: That's on the other side the wall. Oh, I thought it was behind y'all's couch.
Speaker 3: I was already about to run.
Speaker 1: He was about to run.
Speaker 6: Dude has the most American sounded voice because he played on industry the Asian guy.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you hear how he sounded on here. You hear how he sounded out here? I thought that was hios.
Speaker 3: I've seen him before and I can't never heard.
Speaker 1: An accent he was on.
Speaker 3: He was in like a Marble something or rather, wasn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he played on Lost. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm thinking about him from.
Speaker 1: Yep, he played all Lost. The people that came from It was like I was. I was like he was.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait a minute, man, so you're actual Asian.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna have a bigger role, but I think it was just enough coming off of industry.
Speaker 1: My girl gets no love.
Speaker 3: Milana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she the one that played in the Knockout Fallout boy or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: I don't know what Knockout Fallout boy is, but all I know is she the woman what knockout Fallout boy.
Speaker 3: I ain't never seen the movie called I think it.
Speaker 1: Was called Fallout. It's a TV show based off the video game. That's not her, girl. No, they don't even look alike.
Speaker 5: She was in those like they were like phone commercials, and she got really upset because people were sexual over sexualizing her. Remember now you remember I.
Speaker 1: Do not remember.
Speaker 5: I do remember the other doctors like they didn't really she was like Russian.
Speaker 1: I think this was that was the thing. She went viral because everyone.
Speaker 5: Was like, yo, who is this unbelievably badass woman that's in these AT and T commercials and she didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Oh y'all talk. Yeah, I remember y'all brought her up. I'm like, yeah, y'all, I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: You need to see it again.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it when you glock homa or something. I didn't because you don't see it. I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: That's fucking beautiful.
Speaker 4: When I when y'all after y'all said it, I went back and watched its like I kind of see it. Yeah, I kind of see it, but I didn't see it before y'all said that. I would have never thought that about that lady.
Speaker 1: You ain't seen the picture.
Speaker 5: I heard the pictures are AI because I heard that she does not like her, that she doesn't like being sexualized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was before I was those pictures photoshop. Sorry you know damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was her though, Yeah, that was her. She's trying.
Speaker 3: I think she's trying to.
Speaker 1: Be in more regular roles where.
Speaker 5: She's not sexualized. And I'm not trying to sexualize her. I do think she's actually a good actor. She was in this movie with I forget what it was called, but it was with the black guy, and there was like a wolf or something. It was actually like a horror comedy. But I actually thought it was really good.
Speaker 3: Total side tangent. I'm doing like Robbie doing, stretching it out.
Speaker 2: My bad because it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: If you didn't bring her up, she wasn't going to be mentioned. I you know, I was sad.
Speaker 3: I was sad when she died.
Speaker 1: Man, she died what she got in the explosion. She was one of all white people looking like she was on the ship. Yeah, one of them bodies that was on the ship. I don't. The only person I remember is Tyle me too. Yeah. Remember the other ones were wolf. But then y'all she could watch that.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I thought she was good.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this astrophage uh is.
Speaker 2: Symbio, yes, and he was he was mad when he found out it was like uh water or something like that because he was finally right but he was wrong. But anyway, Uh yeah, it's basically in penetral. It's a sell and penetral impenetrable. Jeez, sorry, I can't get that one. The electromagnetic radiation, but it breathes on Venus's uh planet with the carbon dioxide and energy from the sun, which is why.
Speaker 1: I was leaving.
Speaker 2: And of course, in typical government fashion, with all of them working together, they found out that it can be fuel, which they kept from him. So he's sitting there doing all his work and you know, the guys went along with the joke. Another part of him being in fetched it was like a whoop, there it is or something like that.
Speaker 3: I cringed so hard.
Speaker 1: You did, you didn't? I didn't. I thought it was like some corny shit you would say it was like that jokes. Yeah, it was. It was bad, but that's who he was.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait, wait, who are y'all cringing that? When when Ryan said it or the other guys when Ryan said it? When okay, that's what I'm saying. I said, was like yeah. But when the guy said it back, it kind of like yeah, it kind of like he was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, I like this guy. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But again, him, his personality just kind of just bleeding out and just you know, allowing other people to kind of be a relaxed.
Speaker 1: Because it was a very stiff roomed. She said it was a tough crowd because he won the room over eventually. Yeah you remember, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think so I think so I think they came around to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think I think that's a good note that you picked up on that he was he had an infectious personality like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it showed everywhere, And it made when he got the Rocky make.
Speaker 6: A lot more now that you're saying that, it does make a lot more sense because I didn't think about that, but you pointed out and made it make sense.
Speaker 1: Why him a Rocky way but to because.
Speaker 2: They were basically the same motherfucker right yeah? But yeah, so anyway, so but they they can turn this ship into funeral, but it's a one way trip. And uh And I love like his his sort of sense of humanity that we were displaying when we were talking about, oh yeah, so what happens to the scientists and they were like oh yeah, so he said, so they're basically just gonna go to die and it was like what he wrote, He's like.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it going to die? Something dyeing in space and something like that. It got it And then I was like, bro, can you take anything serious?
Speaker 2: But what happened to him that that moment made much more sense about what happened to him later.
Speaker 1: So uh, you know, they started filling in the gaps. But let motherfucker got out to Rum and that ship was so real. Oh man, yeah he's running. We got yeah, and we got a runner with Joah Wick. No, bro, you don't even know. I don't even know if this is gonna work with that lady tell him this is you're gonna go down in history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did make a good point.
Speaker 5: She's like, either you go now or your kid's gonna die in thirty years. He doesn't d it's talking about the kids in the school because she kind of used that against him. She's like, humanity's gonna die within thirty years unless.
Speaker 1: You do this. But you can't. You can't find nobody else. He ain't give a about them kids can't. He wasn't. He was. He went against thought about. He had to go against his will.
Speaker 5: I'm like, bro, what I might go because it's like ship Earth's gonna fucking die anyway.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing going on down here.
Speaker 5: I don't have any kids. I ain't really doing ship. I may as well go see space right quick?
Speaker 1: You see space? Just look up? You tell us stuff. I don't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Love like he I love the fact that he was like, nah, I ain't gonna do it most movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's realistic. This made the movie. Yeah, that made bad.
Speaker 6: That made the movie better for he had those apprehensions and he was like hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, we give you three hours to think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: She was just so he's running. Yeah, it's like the anticipated.
Speaker 5: I think it would be dope to before I die meet a fucking alien.
Speaker 1: But what if you don't. What if I don't be by myself, I'll be kind of wack.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I'm flying out there to see what's going on. I'm gonna go down in history. You know they're gonna let go the Little b video. Now it's gonna be Mike saved the mic, saved the world, and he hung out with a fucking alien. And what if the aliens are bad, like, well, they don't look like Rocky.
Speaker 3: If they look like you know, to.
Speaker 1: Breast woman.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I think it would be I think it would be cool to see a real alien before I die.
Speaker 4: I look, I feel you like like that would be in there actually friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the thing trying to probe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that would torture almost like you want to get probed just to get tortured.
Speaker 1: If all the aliens were like ray j just many just having any way with you. My biggest.
Speaker 7: Now I know what it's like, my biggest How do you know.
Speaker 3: You've never been through it? Don't knock it to you're tried.
Speaker 6: My biggest Adverhegion was like you said, you get there, you see what's going on. And then what he asked me like, so y'all ain't gonna fix nothing, like y'all just going to look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I thought he they wanted him to go up there and collect the data and figure out why this star was living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then would like you.
Speaker 3: Said, then you send it back and you say, hey, the stars listen.
Speaker 1: Because do anything about it. It's worth a shot. Man. I don't want to touch a meteor to just.
Speaker 5: Because I gotta stay here. I gotta stay here. But if I'm going out to space, fuck it, bro, and I'm going with the fuck at and t phone lady. I probably got a better shot than Juno June what's his name, June?
Speaker 1: What his name? Dude?
Speaker 3: June too, June Tao. I probably got a better shot than him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she died though.
Speaker 3: I wasn't playing on her dying.
Speaker 1: There's too many variables. It's too many things that can happen.
Speaker 5: Man, it's worth a shot. You can be the alien and you can chill with the AT and T Lady.
Speaker 1: No, that ain't worth it. Ship, I could be the AT and T Lady. Right, that's a good point. I'm saying. I got thirty years to do this.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be dead in thirty years anyway, so fuck it.
Speaker 2: That's why he brought up the kids. Was just like a good point or whatever. Yeah, yeah, ro how messed up? How messed up? Was it that they put him on that ship without against.
Speaker 4: Without his consent? Yeah, that that ship was messed up. I was like, oh, ship, they really doing this. And it was just like look this for your you're gonna do great. It's like, okay, I might do great, but this this is the one way trip, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, I thought that was messed up. Like imagine like, no, it's nowhere around it.
Speaker 1: It's messed up.
Speaker 6: And imagine if his memory never came back, remember he went I didn't even know what he was up there for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't follow that part.
Speaker 6: I thought it was being induced into the coma to cause the memory loss.
Speaker 5: Well I assumed it was, But how did they know how much memory he was going to lose? What if he lost all the ability to be a scientist? I thought that was weird and I assumed I missed something.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I think we were just supposed to believe that they thought he would gain his memory.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I didn't like that. That was just like for the story. So when he wakes up and he's like, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but then he's like, oh am I smart? Yeah he figures. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I was foul.
Speaker 2: And it also made like that scene that he had with Rocky when it was like, oh I made peace with dying on the ship.
Speaker 1: Hits harder, he said bullsh I liked that. It was good. That was a lot like he was all sentimental and you got some gas right right right? Who spared you all that the bullshit? Yeah? But yeah, the whole temporary memory loss, Yeah, retrograde and we've got that part that don't help nothing. But if it's temporary, what you mean because they don't know.
Speaker 3: For a fact that his memory is gonna completely come back.
Speaker 2: But I think the scientists may have known that, so we have to trust the science.
Speaker 3: They know the motherfucker's gonna die.
Speaker 2: They did not trusts, but the others were I think were maybe pilots or some ship. He was the only scientist because thefer up and did you want to send them? Then motherfuckers blew themselves up any damn way.
Speaker 1: They weren't good.
Speaker 3: No, that was only team I know, but.
Speaker 2: Stillers are terrible awful at the job. But yeah, but yeah, this this uh, this suicide mission to tile SETTI was the only unaffected star and they were like, you guys said, we're going to trying to figure out why it was going there and maybe the reasons why I could save their planet. And that's when he runs into, uh the spacecraft that's made of xeno nite, which is solid xenon, which is just y'all just go look it up. But apparently it's it's a gas. It's not supposed to do that. But the point of that was like everything that he was encountering was reverse, so the thumbs up with the thumbs down solids, and which is how you figured out how to open the thing because it was the opposite. We said, righty tidy left the loosen.
Speaker 3: I wasn't smart when't you just instinctively try that?
Speaker 1: I was wondering the same thing, bro, you.
Speaker 5: Gotta be a scientist, like, Okay, it's not opening this way, let me try this way.
Speaker 3: Get your ass out of here, Ryan got.
Speaker 1: I felt like that was like, why didn't you just do the other first time? Bro? So But again, I think that was just for us.
Speaker 4: Because because super smart people can be dumb like that with simple ship.
Speaker 1: That's whatever.
Speaker 3: Dumb people can be smart.
Speaker 1: You can't. Yeah, you have moments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely have our moment.
Speaker 1: You said you have moments.
Speaker 3: Motherfucker, I said, we said you.
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 3: That's fucked up?
Speaker 1: Man. I thought was a team.
Speaker 4: I didn't say you if I did say oh man.
Speaker 2: So so this is where I really struggle with the movie, this whole Rocky ship. Bro.
Speaker 1: I feel like I might be with you, but go ahead. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ship showing up and you know him there throwing the thing and it was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, why is it slows?
Speaker 2: Oh well, you know, it could be a message or it could be a bomb, like I'm saying these things in my head or whatever. But Yeah, the ship showing up and he's doing this, and then it's doing this with him, and I'm like, what the fuck are we doing? And then he meets Rocky and he go on the ship and just it just didn't work for me in terms of their interaction with one another.
Speaker 5: But you liked it, Yeah, I just didn't like how how they determined the language stuff. I never really liked that in movies, this this one, like how they how they figured out, you know, how to talk to him, Like they did the same thing.
Speaker 1: In the Is It a Rival?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think so the Squid Aliens.
Speaker 5: They did the same thing there, But it worked in that movie because they stretched it out and they made it seem like it took a lot of work. This seemed like he figured the shit out in like an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't, well, I think maybe I can shoot at some bell because I'm with you on like what was the clue? And maybe it was him making those sounds, which I guess could sound like a dolphin for instance, which is my maybe why you know it was like, oh, you use echo cancelation, so.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how he tested it.
Speaker 5: You'd have to plug in, you have to determine every sound means this letter and plug all of those into this machine for it to determine. Okay, he's saying this, and he's saying this, which that's a very small gripe. It didn't piss me off or anything, but it was like, that's what they're saying. What was happening?
Speaker 1: Though I know it was fast.
Speaker 5: It was fast because it's not like Rocky was squealing enough for him to be like, Okay, that means a, that means twelve.
Speaker 3: It's like no, like what.
Speaker 2: And he was teaching Rocky English and not the other way around. That's the other thing. I was like, Okay, that's kind of weird, like when you want to know each other language, even though eventually he learned it.
Speaker 5: But well, I think the and that the other thing that it never showed the machine giving the squealing sounds back to Rocky so Rocky can understand them. But I just I assumed he just had that in his little ball thing or something. I don't know. Yeah, but yeah, the whole language part I didn't love.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I look at it like how how dows can understand certain things? That was saying like sit fetch know. I didn't see it any different from that. You know, when people trained dogs like you may they may not know exactly what we're saying, but they get the context of what we're saying.
Speaker 3: How quick you gotta train the dog?
Speaker 4: I don't know how long it takes. I mean sitting all that stuff seems like it happens pretty quickly. And then the dolphins ship. The dolphins like it. They seem like they figured they pick.
Speaker 1: Up on on on what we're saying easily too. I mean it takes a minute.
Speaker 2: We don't know how long they were out there, so it definitely work. We have to just say. There must have been some gaps in terms of them trying to figure out yeah, language barrier, and they understood basic, but ship.
Speaker 4: Like mimicking like you know, I don't like, oh yeah, it's not language though, but it can be though, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's go on, move on, ken, I hate.
Speaker 1: This man making working agent.
Speaker 8: We got right, yeah.
Speaker 1: I like at the beginning of that, we threw the thing over there.
Speaker 4: Oh he realized what he was trying to do at first, he did. But see, I feel like they did a good job with that.
Speaker 1: I liked. He was like, oh he thinks I'm dumb. You're right. He threw that ship slow. Look catch this ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he but if the aim was off, he missed. See, I don't know. All that ship was a little too goofy for me. I don't think it was goofy.
Speaker 1: I thought. I thought. I thought it worked. Really I did. Hen wh't he meet the ship and he's doing all this? I like that? What? Yeah? I thought I was cute.
Speaker 5: Man, once you realized what kind of movie this is? That kind of ship I thought was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said.
Speaker 2: The first time I watched, I really struggled with the lack of seriously with him.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yes, what's going on? That's where I'm with you. That's why I thought you were going to go Yeah, wait which part it was? It was very unserious and it got to be a little bit annoying. See that's what I was gonna say. It reminded me of e t though I had.
Speaker 4: That's why pardoning the nostalgia came in because the et they were unseious about stuff, especially when he was doing like drinking. Yeah kids, it kids, but yeah, but Ron constantly had like a kid like personality though, but I'm not a kid and you're not a kid. You don't think Rocky was, you know what I'm saying me and you are say, this is an adult movie and T was a kid. Yeah, yeah, Rocky wasn't a kid.
Speaker 2: It was a last I think the connection they had last survivor, so they were very much mirror images of one another, you know, and very smart. He was the engineer of the I think the engineering mechanic on their ship.
Speaker 1: Unless he was lying. He could have been lying. We don't know.
Speaker 4: He knew some ship though he did ship. It seemed like they did the same thing that we were doing. It seemed like that that they had a certain crew. He was the last ever, so yeah, so I guess he was the smartest, one of the smartest, probably on his planet.
Speaker 1: Or the only one left. No, he wasn't only because yeah, on the planet, but well on the one only one left.
Speaker 4: Though what I'm saying, it was like similar to Grace.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was a little convenient too.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was convenient, but.
Speaker 2: You know, and you have to really be trustworthy of this other alien vessel that you've seen.
Speaker 1: As a as a as a creature as well. But anyway, you know, it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you really don't have many options, especially if he was about to run because he was about to run out of something, right, Uh, yeah, he can.
Speaker 1: Only make it. I thought he couldn't even make it there. Something I don't know.
Speaker 5: I thought he didn't give him any fuel until the end. Mm hmm unless I again, unless I missed some.
Speaker 1: But it was something that he couldn't because it was a reason why they needed each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they they were both really smart, but only smart in certain areas. But once they got together, they could figure things out because they were both you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's why he had the other two pilots, Yes, because.
Speaker 1: They were smart in a different area. One of them was just a pilot. I think.
Speaker 3: I think the AT and T woman was smart in some area.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha? So he had to kind of just figure it out on his own, right.
Speaker 5: That's why I was lucky that he met Rocky.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that that planet, though forty Donna is a is actually real. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm sorry the planet that they that they were going to, that was a realized planet, and.
Speaker 6: What we're playing, we're playing it's in another solar system.
Speaker 2: The main Star forty era Donna a is. Uh, that's where he's from. That's where Rocky's from.
Speaker 1: We don't know if there's Rockies there.
Speaker 5: That's why you're looking confused. I'm saying the planet exists, but we don't know what's on it. Why they don't want to clue that in the planets because.
Speaker 1: It's in a different solar system.
Speaker 7: I'm like, this is it's not like I saw when you I saw your face.
Speaker 2: It's a star system, a star system, all right, all right, it's about sixteen light years from Earth.
Speaker 1: It's not just one star. It's a triple system. Okay, okay, all right, because I almost confused.
Speaker 4: Word uh, because I know we have what they call them, the planets, the small planets, the.
Speaker 1: Uh what did they call them? No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Stars man ship dwarf planets.
Speaker 1: Or something like that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, cause they considered Pluto Pluto that at first.
Speaker 2: Yes, they go back and forth with of those three, one is a white dwarf and the other is a red dwarf.
Speaker 1: Man, I don't know what the other one is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, anyway, so I thought that was cool. That was some real ship and the only thing that could live there. Would be a creature like Rocky, which is why you know, he probably thought that was fascinating. But and it's also the thing about like what is like life? And that was his whole thing, what does life look like? Because this place is like uh because I think you saw at one point where it was like real hot where he was at, and he said it smelled like ammonia, you know.
Speaker 1: But it was when he opened the cage thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that ship was nangedress though, because you don't.
Speaker 1: Know what this stuff is like facts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, We've seen so many movies where somebody just fucking fumes fucking kill you.
Speaker 1: Or what now roight.
Speaker 2: They did say also tyal Seti is a real epsol planet that's about twelve light years from Earth orbit in a sunlight star called town set To or something like this or the super Earth, saying that it's larger and more massive than our planet.
Speaker 1: So people might be living in they might be laughing. I'm dead, I am too.
Speaker 3: They might be living there. I don't know, and they might have a better situation than we got.
Speaker 5: Superlon and Donald Trump need to go find out, that's what they're trying to do.
Speaker 3: But he need to take Trump with them.
Speaker 2: So the part I did like was when they finally figured out what was going on on the planet and they had to go on the mission and to capture the organisment there after all of this was That's what I was like, Okay, now we got Now we got a fucking movie.
Speaker 1: All this ship looked dope. The colors was dope, the planet dope. All that ship was was dope. Like his voice, Rockies was, and he picked on I thought it was funny. It was funny. I don't like it really. I like what they did the Meryl Street.
Speaker 3: Like, she's good to do.
Speaker 1: It thing right.
Speaker 6: I like when Rocky moved in, it was just like, what is Oh yeah, it's thirty thirty thirty, we sleep breaking?
Speaker 1: He was good. I like that. You didn't like that. I ain't like this. I liked.
Speaker 3: Man, he's like he has really good hearing. He probably hear me right now. But who are you talking to?
Speaker 1: I thought that was you can hear this? I can't. Yeah. I thought he said he could look through walls and you kind of saw that.
Speaker 5: That was yeah, Oh that's what he was doing. He was looking through walls. I thought that was just so he like the predator can't look through wall. Well, it's just the way the thing.
Speaker 2: Because it's really it's not really looking through the walls, but more just kind of probably the sound. Oh like he said that, like you said at the beginning of the movie the four circle moment, yep. So he could probably just see the other side because of the movements.
Speaker 1: Ryan Goson didn't want to move it in. He can't even go squeeze one on real quick, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: He said that, he said something I don't have any like private time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: H But to your question about the planet can I did all of that stuff was cool? I mean I expected what was going to happen to happen in the sense it's like something gonna happen to somebody to move a plot forward.
Speaker 1: So they cheated what you mean.
Speaker 2: He went out and space walked and somehow managed to get that damn ball.
Speaker 1: And we didn't see how they did it there we did.
Speaker 4: We didn't use it the way to repel himself. You're talking about when when the ship no we saw him was.
Speaker 1: Climbing back in the ship.
Speaker 2: That thing was way at the so we got the ship and then that thing was kind of way at the bottom.
Speaker 1: I thought, jump down. Yeah, he jumped down and he used the weight to swing himself. How did he get back up climb back? I thought he cut the cord. No, no, no, no, no, because.
Speaker 2: The only way he could go get it was he had to he had to cut the cord to go get the He.
Speaker 5: Had to cut the anchor for him to the ship. But they jumped down and out the ball.
Speaker 2: Then I still don't know how you got back up without the anchor, because the anchor would propel him back up, right, No.
Speaker 5: The anchor would keep him from floating away from the ship, because it's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if the anchor is attached to the ship where and he's attached to the anchor, this is him and the anchors to the ship. And if that's it, he's loose. He has no way to get back to the ship because he cut an.
Speaker 1: He was holding on. He never attached from the ship.
Speaker 2: So he would have to climb all the way down to grab it and then climb back up. He didn't have enough time, That's what I'm saying, Like, remember that that whole thing was about to because they were like, just leave it along, we'll get he was like, we ain't gonna have any other time. So in my head I'm looking him like, how are you gonna get down there, especially not as you don't have the anchor and get back up in time to not get killed by the fact the gravity and everything that.
Speaker 3: Was well, that was the whole point.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 3: He fucked the mission up. He went and got the ball, but he took too long.
Speaker 1: That's why the ship got off. Fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that, but I still don't know how he was able to get back up to the ship in time.
Speaker 3: When he he climbed man like Spider Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, y'all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't think that was a cheet either.
Speaker 3: It was just a movie thing. He climbed down there, and he climbed his ass back up.
Speaker 2: I think they just wanted to create some drama. Of course, of course, because I'm like maybe I'll thinking. I'm like, bro, you ain't. You ain't gonna make it. But he did barely. Really, he didn't make it. He didn't make it. Really he had he didn't really make it.
Speaker 3: No, That's that was my point. He didn't make it.
Speaker 5: So when they took the ship off, everything was all fucked up because he didn't make.
Speaker 2: It, and then centrifused didn't kick in, which is how they created gravity, and his dads were just pressed up against the thing. Bro man, all this ship was good. This the ship I like. And what do you think about how to use the colors?
Speaker 1: Roight? Yeah, the color was a good good.
Speaker 4: The thing in Sarahbellus about the well you can see the little the Northern Northern Yeah, yes, I think the real name is Arabellas or something like that.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 4: They basically used that same color scheme for this, and obviously it's appealing to the eye because everybody won't go see the mothern lights. But yeah, man, this part was really good. When he when he basically passed out and like fucking Rocky had to get out of his basically his protection to go save them.
Speaker 1: Damn man, that ship was That ship was emotional. He cried. I felt it coming a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, a little bit. I didn't realize what was happening.
Speaker 4: I thought my allergies was kicking.
Speaker 1: Bro. No, that part was really good. It was good.
Speaker 3: He was crying, squealing, you can see him burning and.
Speaker 4: Ship, Like I was like, oh ship, Like damn, he went to rock no more. It was just like it's like almost fleshy at that point.
Speaker 1: I was like damn, Like yeah, because the atmosphere was burning his yeah, man was.
Speaker 3: Was you got a girl at home? What?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He did.
Speaker 6: He was like, you ain't got no companion. Rocky was funny though. He was a funny little he was.
Speaker 4: He was like very very endearing. Like but no, this, this, all of this was good. I wasn't expecting that. I was really Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like a movie like this, one of them has to get hurt in order for the drama to kick in, because it can't just be that they're just making everything happen the whole movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. I ain't know what's gonna happen like that. Yeah, it was a lot of flat.
Speaker 2: We mostly talked about the flashbats that were occurring, like in the beginning up before we got to this part, so we kind of just kind of talking about it in sort of order.
Speaker 3: But no, man, you didn't.
Speaker 5: He said, you know, I'm gonna watch I'm gonna watch you sleep, because Rocky had the whole thing about watching the other people sleep because you don't know if they'll wake up. And then when you find out that Rocky was watching his other companions and it was good. Wasn't sure if they were gonna wake back up.
Speaker 1: It was really good. I was like, damn dog, it was really good. Mm hm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Y'all ain't got no heart.
Speaker 4: And he was trying everything to say. When he tried to create heat a heat lamp for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like He's like, I've tried everything. No, it was. It was good. I mean it was.
Speaker 2: It was definitely supposed to be the one sacrifice in themselves with the other I mean, I ain't get all that emotional for it, but I think Rocky should have died.
Speaker 4: Mmmm what Not's not that kind of movie Rocky.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna die too.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're right. I think I think you're right that they were telling a different type of movie. But but yeah, I was like, damn man, he sacrificed himself. And because I'm like, how the fuck is he gonna survive? Like where did he gonna get the bubble from? How he's gonna rep it? Like how did he even? I don't even know how he survived.
Speaker 1: He just healed the heat.
Speaker 3: Lamp it could have been the heat lamp. And yeah, he went to sleep, and I mean that's when you.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He looked like he was fucked up and could barely like he could barely move and even make it back to the bubble that he got out of, which was already torn, which didn't create an environment for him to properly heal. So and then we don't know how long Ryan Goslin was out, Grace.
Speaker 1: Was out, so I don't know. Just for a minute it seemed improbable that he was surviving the environment that he's not used to. I thought he got back in the bubble. He did. He was fucked up.
Speaker 3: He did get back in the bubble, he did, but.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he was gonna make it.
Speaker 3: You don't even know how these motherfuckers work.
Speaker 1: You know, a little creature he could barely drag Ryan to the spot.
Speaker 5: But he did, right, he did, And then he caught his eyes back in the damn bubble and he healed up because he was in the bubble.
Speaker 3: Rocky is him?
Speaker 1: Y'all? Like y'all liked the hug? I did, like I did like it. How do you know when you're supposed to stop? He said, I'm with him, though you are feeling Yeah, he was funny, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: No, I think it definitely set up a I think it really helped set up like the ending of the movie, you know, with them him saving and showing her that they've really developed the friendship. And the significance of that is that one of the reasons why God what's her name sent him there is that she said he didn't have any friends, he was lonely to have anybody. So out there a couple of things happened for him. He developed a friend, and two the thing the paper he.
Speaker 3: Wrote truth proved to proved to be true.
Speaker 2: And he was able to take all that ship and send it back to Earth to show that I told y'all, mugger motherfuckers from the beginning that I was right, and life does exist and can.
Speaker 1: Exist without water is what he was saying, right, I can't remember.
Speaker 2: All I know is he was just saying that, yeah, other life can exist, and he was sending all that ship back, so all that ship was dope.
Speaker 1: And then Mitchell accomplished.
Speaker 4: So what did y'all think about how they I supposed to solve it. Did y'all understand that that's what they were trying to do. That was the whole mission that they was trying to get these other.
Speaker 1: Creatator and send it to Earth. Yeah. Yeah, they didn't know, right.
Speaker 4: I don't think I realized that today actually did it, so he actually figured out what the solution was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they didn't know, right, They didn't know how it was going to happen, right or.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't. Yeah, they didn't know. That's what he was he was going there for. And I think that's when they kind of when they were talking Rocky and Grace, that's when they realized that, oh, it's a predator.
Speaker 1: It's a natural predator that's on that planet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people on Earth didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking. They didn't know.
Speaker 5: They just because that's when he asked the girl, He said, so you want me to just go up there and basically just see what's up? And she was like yeah, So they didn't know. But when they got there, Rocky and Grace as together and they figured out, oh, there's a predator down there that eats them.
Speaker 1: Man, that's man is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: It was a really cool way to do this, and it made sense, you know from you know, a science perspective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for it to be white people white to say, you know, take out.
Speaker 3: I know I didn't think that too.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that. Really, it's called afrophage. You think about it. It's not afro, but it's close. I didn't think about that. Bronna find a way kid, Damn. Yeah, they woke.
Speaker 5: You need to open your third eye and overstand. Damn they got the message they putting in front of your face. Bro, Damn blackness, darkness, it's kill the light, the sun, eating the sun? What the black people always doing? Eating white savior? You know what I'm saying. And motherfucker's name was Grace and an amazing ship, amazing Grace. You don't overstand, bro, you don't overstand.
Speaker 2: So Rocky was taking that while he was sleeping. Uh, that's what what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: What Grace did.
Speaker 2: He was able to basically create this thing called tom Meba and it was funny.
Speaker 1: There was kind of debating over the name.
Speaker 2: And stuff like that, and uh and yeah, so he found a way to breed it, the astrophage consuming organism, and then they departed. Did this work for y'all when they had to leave each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was man, come on, man, you don't even want to Man.
Speaker 5: When he walked in the hall and he kept looking back rye, that got me. I was like, Rocky, oh, man, I liked it, but I knew it wasn't the end. I knew it wasn't the end. I was like, brother, there's still like another forty minutes in this.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't look at the time away the time. I don't do that ruined it for me.
Speaker 4: If I look at the time, I'm like, oh ship, but nah, yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I liked that.
Speaker 6: It wasn't the end, though, Oh, it would have been the end of my move would have been the end of my move. Turning around.
Speaker 1: That would have hit me. I'd have been like, damn rock oh well, man, smash back to Earth. That's fucked up? Man to Earth? Why would it? What's there to go back to? Ske He ain't got no girl.
Speaker 6: I met an alien. Man, I'm gonna have all the girls and everything that you rock rich and yeah, like we're good. No had the T shirts.
Speaker 1: When I got turned around, though, I was I was surprised.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man like yeah, because he was happy to be able to get back home.
Speaker 1: He was happy. Yeah, so I die. Yeah, but you don't know, you don't know. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what's going on with rock I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, it made it made sense, and what happened, it made I knew exactly what was gonna out because I was thinking it.
Speaker 1: I was like, you're out of fuel.
Speaker 3: Just hop on his ship and go back to his joint.
Speaker 1: Until he got something to Rocky and then that Rocky ship is fuel too. Uh so yeah, well.
Speaker 5: His wife once I put it down because he was like ice for six years, you know, right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it made sense to me why he went back and what is that woman's name?
Speaker 1: What woman Rocky wife? So I went back back back home.
Speaker 2: Her name was Eva, Eva Eva, Like she said. One of the reasons why he was the perfect candidate to go was because he didn't have any friends. He didn't have anyone, right, so he was plus I mean we're talking about eleven years, so he would have been going for twenty two years total, and he would have went back to that same situation. Those kids now them motherfuckers old now, so they're different set of kids.
Speaker 1: He would have learned.
Speaker 2: Reacclimate to the planet all that stuff. So I get why he went back. Yeah, you know, because he had developed his bond and his friendship with this guy.
Speaker 1: So it was sweet. I was.
Speaker 4: I liked that they did it just you know, I just.
Speaker 1: I mean, he didn't even want to leave for Earth. He's done.
Speaker 5: But once he got out there, he settled in, and they knew that that would happen.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, once you get up there, you're just gonna work.
Speaker 1: No choice at that point. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So but you know, I don't know if he struggled with the decision at all.
Speaker 1: Or he just like, you know, it is what it is here, y'all take this. I think he immediately was like, I'm going back to save my boy. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, because it would have toward that ship up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that stuff, that tomba would have tored that ship up.
Speaker 1: That's what was going on. I didn't understand what happened.
Speaker 5: Right eighth, there was a leak in the containers, and he noticed that it was eating through the material. Whatever that material was that Rocky's entire ship was made of.
Speaker 3: That thing was eating it.
Speaker 5: So he was like, well, if it leaks out of Rockies thing, it's going to eat the entire ship and then Rockies can have a really slow depth hit that he was.
Speaker 1: Throwing over.
Speaker 2: Right, Zeno Night is what the ship was made out of, which was solid and the slow death which who else would have had a slow death?
Speaker 1: Grace would have had a slow.
Speaker 2: Death because remember that, That's one of the other things they talked about. It was like what happened when they were out of food, because I think they were talking about that talking about that. He was like, yeah, I just run food, I just die so and he remember he said, I eat fake made peace with it. A guy that smart probably went through all of the steps of what's going to happen, so so no, it made sense for him to go back and mission accomplished. They got what they needed on Earth to solve everything, and he went back and he basically has a friend now on the planet and he's a teacher.
Speaker 1: And they built a whole biodome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yep, so live on it and that was pretty much the the end of the movie. But yeah, him rushing on the ship trying to find Rocky and ship like that, all that was good too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he didn't know he was there.
Speaker 2: But y'all think of the ship, the inside of the Rocky ship, how that looked.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't impress. Yeah, I wouldn't either. It looked that cool. Yeah, I thought it would be a lot cooler. I thought it was. It was cool that they did that.
Speaker 2: He was like, well, you know, I could see the inside of your ship because they're still a scientist at hard and just curious. And then he went over there and now he's in the suit whereas Rocky is in his environment.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was good equality there about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was cool that he was still able to fulfill his teaching and all that type of stuff. I thought it was cool seeing like what Earth was looking like at that point in time. By the time they got the information, it was already starting to kind of freeze over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it was like, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Like because it because it wasn't like a you know, the thirty years wouldn't be like, oh, at thirty is done.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Gradually get colder, cold, colder, you know as the sun kind.
Speaker 2: Of goes away, which just kind of happened to the dinosaurs. Yep, because the planet created this cooling over. I was just listening to the grass tights and that's how I know. And so yeah, and we don't know how many years, but what we do know is it's been eleven plus, so that would make sense. So we're a third of the way plus there of the earth being being cool. So so no, that was It did look kind of tight though, get the icy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was cool. That was cool the way they did that. Yeah, so it's good man.
Speaker 5: I like how he was teaching the little rock kids, like, yeah, I think that was a cute ending.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't rushing to go home either.
Speaker 3: And then Rocky said, man, you can take as much time.
Speaker 1: As you want. I prefer you. Yeah, cute. And you learned the language, oh he did. Yeah that was cool. That was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did because they didn't need the little voice thing anymore. Ye translated. They didn't need a translate ridiculous. Yeah, I don't know what sounds so like, yeah.
Speaker 3: We still can't tell what the dolphin is saying.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna try to find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're Rocky scared and were like they both screamed and yell. He ran it with lost. I'm sorry you freaked me out when you went to.
Speaker 1: Bruh. But nah man yeah, over overall, like.
Speaker 2: When when again that second Like that first act was really rough. No, that middle part with the rocky act was really rough for me. But once we got to the planet and they went on the mission, that ship was cool. The ending was cool because as time went on the movie got a little bit more serious.
Speaker 1: I think he got a little bit more serious.
Speaker 2: Too, so there was a there was a subtle tone shift that worked.
Speaker 1: But on the.
Speaker 2: Rewatch, going back and rewatching it and seeing like.
Speaker 1: That's his character the second go.
Speaker 2: Around was like oh okay, okay, and and I was like, oh okay, No, it's a lot better than than I thought when I when I first watched it. But I was in that mother foruck the board as fun bro h the second time, you know, the first time, I was like, bro I can't believe we.
Speaker 1: Just an hour in. No, I'm with you. I was texting my girl.
Speaker 5: I was like, I cannot believe I'm gonna be here for another hour and forty minutes because I was already irritated with the tone shifting. That was irritating me. But I had to settle in with the Rocky relationship, and I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: I fuck with us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely a little young for my taste, but yeah it worked.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I got tubes. Well, it's it's working.
Speaker 2: For him good. So yeah, people seem to like it. I guess they liked these little feel good stories. I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't get that many of these that are just purely feel good movies. Yeah, me, y'all, motherfucker's trying to kill Rocky kill Yeah, that's probably why people like this because they probably would have expected that, but they didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't go that route.
Speaker 2: So yeah, now you know, when I was thinking about, what if they killed him because he had the fuel?
Speaker 1: Did he have the fuel bout?
Speaker 2: Then No, he didn't have the fuel, so he would have even it wouldn't have the movie would have been done because he couldna got home.
Speaker 1: Rocky still had to give him a fuel. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean again, I was thinking, like, Okay, they made fuel out of astrophage, and astrophage is all over Rockies planet. Clearly y'all are just gonna go back to Rocky's planet. That had been the first thing I said, Well, let me just ride with you bro, then I go fill up, find me.
Speaker 3: A little, a little little honey.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying sounds painful now he had a little hole down there. Oh he's talking about how you ate food. Yeah, if you eat food, you know? Oh my god. Uh, rhythmatic turned into rhythmatic.
Speaker 2: Said in the book, Grace is aging faster on the planet, so his life expecialcy is shorter and the gravity really weighs down on him.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's say the way y'all skipped so much, bro, what else can you did? Fine, we can't be here all day covering every single fucking thing, all right. He wanted to talk about the color of the boat when she was riding through the ice.
Speaker 1: What do we skip?
Speaker 5: I don't think we skipped much, y'all, y'all be all right, just don't don't even just go.
Speaker 1: Hol on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's quick. Did y'all watch the new Spider Man trailer? Well, if you have, we did a trailer reaction.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be on Patreon. Yep, yeah, it's just gonna be. Oh, we didn't even talk about who we.
Speaker 3: Thought the the.
Speaker 5: Like the woman was possessed and like the personality was going from person to person.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk about that part.
Speaker 1: Oh that ship was crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we totally skipped over that part. No he has any ideas who that is?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. And for Slantic said it came out today, so it's out Rockyeah, man, he said, yeah, he just missed it.
Speaker 1: And Ban said it was up for this live on Patre So there we are.
Speaker 2: That's it. We're all done. Uh Roja Hill Mary. Probably gonna be up for Movie of the Year.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, it's not. That would be crazy.
Speaker 5: If this got nominated for a Movie of the Year, that would be really upsetting.
Speaker 1: It's definitely gonna get it in the Oscar comers.
Speaker 3: You think, so, who deserves an Oscar for this movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but people's holly about this movie. The filmmaker probably. I feel like, yeah, I feel like this is one of those days.
Speaker 1: For it's gonna be some end of the year. We'll see. By the mid year, we'll see where it lands.
Speaker 3: I don't think this deserves anything like that. It was a good movie, but Oscar worthy.
Speaker 1: Nah, I agree.
Speaker 5: They bet not nominate no fucking Ryan Gossing for no Oscar for this ship.
Speaker 1: That's gonna piss me off, all right, Well, we'll leave it there. Man. We'll catch you guys next time we are out. Peace.