Speaker 1: All right, y'all, riis bout in the morning.
Speaker 2: Show us about that time to play Battle of the Sexes.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all playing number one.
Speaker 2: We got Danyelle from Houston, Texas listening to us on Magic one on two.
Speaker 1: Dan yell, what up, good morning, good morning, Happy to have you. And then we got Richet from Naptown. What a weekends?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 4: What are you doing play.
Speaker 2: Naptown Indy Amma listens on w TLC one on six point seven. Hey man, hey, we are so excited to have y'all this morning. Welcome to Battle of the Sexes. We're gonna ask y'all a few questions and we're gonna see, uh, if the men can beat the women. That's pretty much the name of the game. We want to make sure that we we win men. Let's go men, it's good's gonna do it.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do that clip whatever, win with that, win with that.
Speaker 1: All right. So we're gonna ask you some questions.
Speaker 2: So if you don't know the answer to the question, just say passed, because we got plenty of questions.
Speaker 1: Don't waste all.
Speaker 2: Your time trying to figure out one end. So we have plenty okay, all right, Danielle.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go first, Houston, Texas.
Speaker 2: Are you ready, Danielle, Let's do it all right, start the clock. What comedian played the characters strip Club on a dollar bill in the movie Players Club?
Speaker 5: Bernie Mac?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: How many home runs did Hank Aaron hit to break Babe Ruth's record?
Speaker 6: Fast?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Seven fifteen? What is the number of regular season games in the Major League Baseball?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Past one sixty two? All right? What is the capital city of Ohio? Oh, my gosh, let me see, Oh, Cincinnati?
Speaker 4: All that us closed?
Speaker 1: It's Columbus. How many heads are there on a lug wrench? Oh, Jesus six? Almost four? How many NBA championships did Michael Jordan win?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Six? Yes?
Speaker 2: What's the shoe company that made the classic Chuck Taylor sneaker convert?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: What's the octane number for the regular gasoline?
Speaker 1: Eight? Yep? James Tom Smith is a birth name of what legendary New York rapper?
Speaker 8: Hmmm past?
Speaker 1: That's air foojay? Oh that's good. You got four or the bad Boys? Yeah? You you made a major combat?
Speaker 4: Yes you did?
Speaker 1: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We got look, get it all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's go.
Speaker 9: What thick natural butter derived from the African shade tree and its intense skin moisturization.
Speaker 1: Uh, cocoa butter?
Speaker 9: Nope, that would be butter sid that's said shame, but that's okay.
Speaker 1: What do you call a woman that.
Speaker 9: Provides emotional support to a pregnant woman before doing and after childbirths?
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 9: What is the largest largest organ of the human body?
Speaker 4: A heart?
Speaker 9: Nope, that would be skin. What astrological sign represents October twenty third through November twenty.
Speaker 1: First, Oh, skip scorpio.
Speaker 9: Who is the most nominated female artist in Grammy history?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 9: What popular braid style features the knotless look with curly hair left outside the braids, not the braids. No goddess braids, boho or goddess braids. What does the trending acronym g r w M stand for?
Speaker 1: Get Ready with me? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh?
Speaker 9: What is eight times nine?
Speaker 7: From that?
Speaker 1: Y'all have the superman like that? Now, let's let's see right now, that's wool crap right now? Okay?
Speaker 6: When she wears all right, ma'am, congratulations you are the lucky winner today of the.
Speaker 7: Fabulous, amazing much coveted prize back from America Store the Dollar Tree.
Speaker 1: Oh lay, all right, all.
Speaker 4: Right, let's go with your exciting prize back.
Speaker 7: We're gonna start it off with a heavy duty great shower liner shower curtain liner. There you go, all right. From Chestnut Hill. You got a jar of low fat mayonnaise.
Speaker 4: All right there.
Speaker 7: You've also got a box of pine sent in fabric softener sheets for salt fresh laundry from Swaby too.
Speaker 4: Oh, you sounds so excited.
Speaker 7: From Sea Beets, you got a box of frozen flounder filets.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 7: And you got a multi purpose moist mop pad.
Speaker 4: There you go. Doesn't come with the mop stick.
Speaker 7: You gotta have your own stick. From Campbell's. You got a can of spicy Buffalo style cream of Chicken soup.
Speaker 4: Good eating it. You got a six pack of pink foam hair roller.
Speaker 7: From Sally Cat Gourmet Moist cat food, liver flavor, hid engravy.
Speaker 1: Do you have a cat man? I do not?
Speaker 7: Well, you need to have a cat all right, sort size bottle of teaky torch fuel. You got a TV torch. If you don't have a cat, I'm checking up to see you got a whole oysters in a can.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 7: And finally from slim Gym, you got a super size spicy beef stick shoe on that and sir, for playing today even though you lost you see one, you got a twenty dollars gift card to Jim's Rims and Fashions for Shims. All right, right, what Jim's Rims and Fashions for Shims. Hims for your cover clothing for the alternative lifestyle person in your life. Okay, oh yours, We're winning Battle of the Sexes.
Speaker 1: Ricky Smiley Morning Show. Now down a style.
Speaker 4: Entertaining on the Freaky Smiley Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Jeld us about that time, Happy Friday, got your front pages right here?
Speaker 1: Half Frita's good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning Ricky. July thirty.
Speaker 10: First, here's what's going on in the news. Threats are now complicating the search for answers in the death of Mississippi te Nolan Wells. Wells disappeared during a fourth of July voting trip to Horne Island and was found dead two days later. The investigation is ongoing, but civil rights attorney Ben Crump says wells family has been harassed both online and in person as they push for answers.
Speaker 5: And then there's this. The father of one of the teams who was with Wells on.
Speaker 10: Horn Island, doctor Benjamin Hudson, is now offering a fifty thousand dollars reward for info leading to an arrest and conviction. Now, Hudson insists that his family has been transparent from the beginning, and he says his family has also received thousands of threats.
Speaker 5: Since Nolan's death.
Speaker 10: In other news, a new report from the National Urban League says decades of progress for Black Americans are being threatened by police changes.
Speaker 5: Under the Trump administration. We didn't really need to report for this.
Speaker 10: According to the Annual State of the Black America Report, the administration is weakened key civil rights protections. The White House rejects that claim, saying it's actually expanding economic opportunity and increasing support for historically black colleges and universities.
Speaker 5: We need receipts for that. The Urban League.
Speaker 10: Says it will continue challenging the administration in court and rick. It turns out the world's richest man isn't done swiping his card in Washington. Source to say Elon Musk plans to spend at least one hundred million through his super pac to help Republicans in the midterms. That's problem because Congress is considering legislation that would affect directly affect his businesses, including AI, federal contracts, his new ex money, and autonomous vehicles. Speaking of Ricky, I know you'll do way Mo, but what about this. Amazon's Zekes has become the first company to win federal approval approval for a commercial robotaxi and it has no steering will and no pedals.
Speaker 5: You're riding in that or not?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm down.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cat, I feel comfortable in Waywa. I felt more comfortable than somebody's talking to drivers.
Speaker 5: But this doesn't even have a steering wheel, no power.
Speaker 2: I mean, way More has a steering wheel, but I mean it's the same thing just on on the inside. You're just sitting there watching the steering wheel turn when somebody can actually be sitting in that seat over there.
Speaker 5: Okay, well you go ahead.
Speaker 1: I mean, you bet me.
Speaker 2: It's steer It just don't have a steering wheel because there's no driver needed.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but that means you really are dependent on at least maybe with a you could get.
Speaker 5: Up front and put the get up there.
Speaker 1: And do nothing.
Speaker 2: Wan, let me tell you something from flying planes, to be in a boatcap. Once you hit the auto pilot, that steering wheel lock, Oh wow, you can't do nothing unless you take it off of auto pilot.
Speaker 1: Same thing in the cockpit. Oh god, what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When that thing get on a auto pilot, it's gonna go to the altitude and it's going to go to the direction it's.
Speaker 1: Supposed to go.
Speaker 5: Okay, no, thank you.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 2: Do you think those pilets be flying the plane the whole flight out?
Speaker 1: He's on auto pilot out the ten thousand feet. I just want to I want to they they can't see where to go? Is nothing to see up there? Well, how do they know where they're going?
Speaker 5: Ricky ignorance is blissed.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot spades and Domino. Yeah, but don't tell them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: They don't be doing that.
Speaker 2: They're watching all of the instruments, but they don't be flying the plane.
Speaker 1: Even in turbulence. They are not doing anything but adjusting the altitude.
Speaker 2: If they tell them to go to another altitude where their smoother air.
Speaker 1: They don't fly the planet thanks.
Speaker 10: Now here's a look at sports rock.
Speaker 4: T the sports genius is in the building.
Speaker 3: Well yes, indeed, so as we approach football season, many NFL players I wanted to get their contract extensions locked in, including Tampa Bay Buccaneer quarterback Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: Who said he feels a little bit disrespected.
Speaker 11: You know, to feel disrespectful, little bit understanding what I've brought to this franchise.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 11: I'm very, very thankful for the chance they gave me. Do not get me wrong on that. Leadership wise and even playwise. It's in some of the best years of my career, and I think it's only gonna trend upwards. Just being comfortable and feeling that so disappointing in that regard to to not have, you know, to feel disrespect a little bit, and that's really the disappointing part, to feel undervalued.
Speaker 3: Allegedly, the offers that they've given him was a little bit below what he thinks he's worth.
Speaker 4: So man, get that man his money.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 4: He's been balling in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: San Francisco forty nine is bringing back wide Receive with Deebo Samuel back to the squad after trade him to the It is damn bagging them, tight them, tighten up the showing just like a single mom at the.
Speaker 1: Chewing that chewing that chewing gum.
Speaker 2: Yes, something walking down that runway, get a whole different person on the field.
Speaker 3: But getting off that bus to that locker room. But is this nightgable when you get on that dog on field? Boy he unguardable. The boy's a beast. Laugh from not least there from ANBM star. Paul Pierce is fighting his X in court over child support. He's claiming that paying thirty thousand dollars a month plus one hundred thousand dollars in legal fees, it's just too much, man, he said, Man, I ain't playing no more my income and what he used to be as a player.
Speaker 1: So he's fighting.
Speaker 3: Ma's I ain't gonna pay no thirty thousand dollars a month and child support.
Speaker 4: We're gonna see how that goes for him.
Speaker 1: Follow me on social media at rock to Hollow.
Speaker 3: Let's talk sports, Brad got to hotspot right now. Spot drop it like it's hard, Drop it like it's hard.
Speaker 5: Catch me at the hot spot.
Speaker 4: This the ala at all, right, y'all?
Speaker 1: Rick mona morning so about that time time for the hot spot. What up, Brad?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 1: Ricky?
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody. I'm your girl, Brat Tat tat, and this is the hot spot where we bring you music, movies and more. So let's get on off into it. Well, y'all, former president but Barack Obama is back with one of his favorite annual traditions and now sharing his summer playlist. Now, every year, Obama gives fans a look at what he's been listening to in his headphones, and this year's playlist covers just about every genre imaginable. Now, on the hip hop side, he got it's like Drake Future, Ben Staples, Doci, and the tribe called Quest.
Speaker 1: They all made the cut.
Speaker 9: Now on the R and B side, he been listening to Scissor and of course legends of course like Earth, Winn and Fire, the Police and David Bowie. They all are on the spot on his playlist as well. What y'all think of? What do y'all listen to? What's some of your favorite things on y'all playlist this summer?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I love that I still listen to the Internet. I still listen to the old stuff from the jaz aspects I love I love Foreign Exchange.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 2: But that now, Daryl Hall and John Oats, That's what I've been listening to lately. I've been enjoying the hell out of Darrel Hall and John my key is love Daryl Hall and John Oates.
Speaker 4: Me too.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to a whole lot of whole lot of old school eighties stuff. It's been cooler.
Speaker 9: Yes, okay, then what was you gonna say?
Speaker 4: You can't go wrong with the nineties, New Jack swang all that, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we were listening to a ball to m j G. In the middle of the nine, Make it feel so wide, make it.
Speaker 1: Feel real good, lay your head back, a hand on the wood. Good, tell because of something that really want to hear. I'll be obliged.
Speaker 2: Sip side back of the yea so breaking over here in the middle of.
Speaker 1: The nine one it down a ball m j G.
Speaker 2: Going so hard to find seven cham days.
Speaker 9: Houston rapper Slim Thug recently said he does not feel sorry for homeless people, y'all, and he won't give him no money. Here's what he had to say, and we're gonna see if we gree with him.
Speaker 1: Check this out I don't.
Speaker 8: Feel sorry for homeless people because it's either one of the two reasons you out there. You out there because you made a lot of dumb ass decisions to be homeless. You had to make a lot of dumb decisions. You had to be a real to be homeless. You had to smoke crack, you had to do drugs, you had to go out your mental medicine. While everybody waking up and going to work every day, I'm not giving nothing, standing on the counter every.
Speaker 1: Day, just got it hands.
Speaker 8: I feel certain people who work hard and then I understand it. But now I don't feel served for people just asking.
Speaker 2: Especially I think a lot of it is mental health. Uh. If you look at the homeless people, look at them real close and watch them and watch how they behave and how they act or whatever. Anybody took any psychology classes can know that something is clearly wrong with a lot of them. Now, there's a lot of women that are in the shelters.
Speaker 1: You know, different ones or whatever.
Speaker 2: They don't have mental health issues and they're doing the best that they can. But a lot of those men, most of them that you talk to, they really really mean.
Speaker 1: And aggressive and talking to themselves.
Speaker 2: Most of them, I could say ninety percent of them that I've seen, especially at around that bus station in Atlanta across over there by Magic City, they be having yeah back greyhound or they be having a lot of mental health problems. Are the ones outside of the CBS and for a lot of their they be outside of the circle case.
Speaker 1: They really be having on health problems like life real And that's why I'm not segregate.
Speaker 2: Seventy eleven, they be playing that symphonies and now they got system. They be playing that symphony music re allowed outside of seventy eleven. Now they got something they don't want to hear, Madam Butterfly, they be getting the hell along. They don't be over there no more. I just start playing that symphony music allowed and they don't like. They don't like that.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to be funny, but they don't. Well, Ricky, do you agree with what he said? And he said most of them don't take their medicine.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's a lot of them that that's that could be part of the problem because the medicine is to help them balance out go ahead.
Speaker 4: And some don't have access that medicine.
Speaker 12: Right the healthcare system in this country is horrible when it comes to mental health, and a lot of people just don't have access. And those of us who do have insurance and things like that take it for granted and don't understand that a lot of people out there can't just go.
Speaker 1: To the doctor and get a prescription. Right one, I saw one. Now you will find us here later an the Parkers Pool. With all that she was.
Speaker 12: Saying, come on, dog, saying about a homeless chick when you picked up you ain't gonta worrybout when you're dropping home.
Speaker 4: You smiling morning itself.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's awful.