Speaker 1: Why from Vall, heart Blind and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Katz today. We're talking low key ladies and gentlemen, which may or may not be different than a war on the down low. I don't actually know if there is a difference. I do know that a low key war is not actually a thing. I mean, if you just want to sit there and keep up the economic sanctions and slowly starve around, you can. But these are people who are fine with being starved. They're fine with waiting you out. They've actually said they're fine with waiting you out. Maybe that's their whole plan, the belief that they can, the belief that it's no problem, no issue, they can last, because the United States can't last. Isn't that their game? Isn't that their approach? The United States can't handle the idea that somehow oil prices will go up. I think we can. I just think you have to sell people on the idea, something that President Trump.
Speaker 3: Did not do.
Speaker 2: It's amazing the amount of things that could have been thwarted in all of this if the White House had just done the basics. But dear Lord, we actually think that low key is a thing, and if it is a thing, exactly how does it work?
Speaker 3: I'm a man with questions.
Speaker 2: And while Axios is talking about low key, how about the Wall Street Journal with a story that doesn't connect at all? I'm gonna break this down for you. Tony Katz, Tony Kats Today, Good to be with you, guys. Find everything I do at Tony kats dot com, live streaming on YouTube and rumble Tony Katz. Just look for Tony Kats Tony Kats Today and get in there, get in the chatroom. Good to see everybody. As everything's building up and people are piling in. Axios reported that President Trump's plan is to be low key. We are only seven negotiating with them. We are just watching around with its huge inflation and the fact that they have no money. Their economy has been.
Speaker 3: In bad shape for forever.
Speaker 2: It hasn't stopped them from engaging in bombings of US bases. Can the strategy, the siege mentality actually work, Sure it can, of course it can. But anytime the Iranian regime feels uppity, are you okay with taking a series of bombs in a series of drones to a base in Jordan or to an area in Kuwait or somewhere in Saudi Arabia, et cetera. That's the question. Low key, that's what you said. If that's so low key means okay, that's low key all of this. So you can possibly keep the strait somewhat open. As long as oil is under seventy five dollars a barrel, everything's going to be all right. That's not the right approach, mister president. By the way, oil is at eighty one dollars and fifteen cents a barrel, So again, not the right approach. And I know what you're saying, Tony. You got to give the president time. You don't understand he's playing nine D chess. Sometimes the man can just be wrong. Can I help you? The people out there are like Senator Chris Murphy and others, these progressives who want to see America lose. They're amongst the most disgusting people on planet Earth. The President isn't approaching this right, and you got to stop pretending that he is. You got to stop loving on him so much, doting on him so much that you don't look at reality.
Speaker 3: Would you cut it out? I get the argument the.
Speaker 2: Press never notices when their guy is falling apart Joe Biden, as Hunter Biden describes, it has prostate cancer and it has spread. It should be understood that Democrats were willing to lie to let that guy be president. He'd be dying in the Oval Office right now. They didn't care. They didn't care near a tandent and caringe John Pierre and all the rest. They didn't give a good HOLI damn you think Kamala Harris gave a damn. They needed that debate to happen more than oxygen to move him out. They would have let this happen to the country anything for power reason number nine. But Jillian, why, I'm not one of them. I'm not gonna be somebody who looks at the way Trump is handling this war and say, hey, he's he's got a maneuver in a plant. You just watch how this all works out. I'm watching. It's not working out the way I would like. Hey, look, if the president wants to continue to go down this road, he can. You want to deal with an idea of economic pressure and low key, you knock yourself out, go right ahead, But don't tell me about negotiations anymore.
Speaker 3: Don't tell me about any of it.
Speaker 2: Don't put Scott Besen out there to lie, to mean, don't put jd Vance out there to be ridiculous. And when it comes to foreign policy, don't do it. I want to see you win. I don't know why you don't want to see you win. I don't know why you want.
Speaker 3: This this way. We should be clear.
Speaker 2: That there are no deals to be made. So if you keep telling me, old man, they want to make a deal so badly, it's a lie.
Speaker 3: Stop lying. Stomp it.
Speaker 2: How dare you, tony? President Trump is the guy who makes the deals. That's what he does. He makes deals. There's no deal to make. Why not grow up? Stop being ridiculous, Stop being in the cult, stop buying into the colon. No better than all these lefties who told me that Joe Biden was of good health. Same garbage. Not interested in the garbage. There's no deal to be made. There's no one to make a deal with. I have been somebody discussing that when you were talking about the Iranian regime. These are people who want the caliphate right, they want they are Islamists and they want to see a total take over, total control. Somebody had written it was a really really good piece about the idea that and I can't remember they're on substack and I can't remember their name. It's killing me that what if it isn't about that. It is about power, but a different kind of power. It's about staying in power for survival. That if we were to take a look at the Iranian regime and see how fractured it is, there's nobody making decisions there. And we've already discussed this because the people making the decisions are the members of the IRGC, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Court. But the IRGC is not working in tandem and concert with each other. They're their own factions, their own fiefdoms. That seems obvious too that what we have had happen here is that because of the bombings that we have done, which.
Speaker 3: Have been successful, let's not kid ourselves.
Speaker 2: Don't believe the Chris van Hollins or the Chris Murphy's or any of these beta male progressives, we have done great damage to Iran. To say otherwise is laughable in its ignorance. And what we have done is we have eliminated the ability for a singular person to be a person of power, and so Therefore, the idea of a leader or leadership as a whole has been replaced by what I guess one could call faction. We're dealing with a group of IRGC members over here, in a group of IERGC members over there, and on, then there's this group over there, and then there's that guy over there.
Speaker 3: He's just nuts.
Speaker 2: Nobody even talks to that guy, and they're all acting in their own best interests to be able to create their own wants. Some of these wants are about power and control and money. Some of these wants are about power, control, money, and the caliphate. Not everybody may be connected on that ideological tip when it comes to survival, so they all act in independent ways in order to best achieve this. Then there are those parts of the IRGC that are working with those outside of Iran to be able to move sanctioned oil to them to get sold, as we saw from someone in Turkey making millions.
Speaker 3: Of dollars that way.
Speaker 2: A lot of people working in a lot of different areas, all for their own interests, and none of those interests involved making a deal with the United States. Who cares about that money's made the other way, the other side, that doesn't matter, especially if you're gonna calculate that Trump's gonna be all low key on the thing and nobody is going to wake up to find that they've been bombed to death. No beepers are going to go off, no buildings are going to explode. There's gonna be no guided missiles or drones from the Israelis.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: Now, there's no pressure at all. There's money to be made until there's not until they are stopped, until they are thwarted. There is no doubt that the Iranian desire is the end of the United States and Israel. But if we get a little more granular, they could argue that the desire is to get rid of the United States and Israel, or certainly US or Israeli power in the region, so they can.
Speaker 3: Be the power in the region. And when you're the.
Speaker 2: Power in the re and you could set your own price for everything. If you think Iran is a problem without a nuclear weapon, imagine them with a nuclear weapon. Which is why when we go back to Tucker Carlson, or we go back to Marjorie Taylor Green or Thomas Massey, none of them are America.
Speaker 3: First. They're so full of crap.
Speaker 2: It is to be believed.
Speaker 3: They're full of it. They're not America first.
Speaker 2: If you don't believe in ending this regime, you are non America first. Now I don't know how other people define America first. I define it as us over the terrorists. I didn't know that that was such a huge stretch. But Oran never did anything to us. We shouldn't bother with them. This is a forever war. That is Marjorie Taylor Green is the Karen of her generation. She might as well be a leftist wine mom from the suburbs. Oran never did anything to us. It is an argument too stupid to actually be taken seriously. Taking out the regime matters. It's my take. I don't think low key does that. I think it actually allows them to figure out other ways to profit and to be a problem. Now we could take in another direction, and we could discuss the fact that their economy is cracking. They have massive problems. We do have huge economic sanctions. We've applied massive economic pressure. Maybe we shouldn't have given them any money when we signed the memorandum of understanding. And certainly we can't listen to the Wall Street Journal when they say, oh, the Iranians wanted one hundreds of billions of dollars in order to reopen the straight.
Speaker 3: This is their argument.
Speaker 2: This was the Wall Street Journal headline, and it read Trump thought opening the Straight of Hormuz was imminence.
Speaker 3: Iran had other plans.
Speaker 2: Start with the baseline, don't you ever take an article from the Wall Street Journal at face value, especially an article that only discusses sources. Senior aids, I don't know what their sources are. I must tell you that I don't know what their sources are. For weeks, President Trump has been laying the groundwork to declare victory in Iran should Tehran fully reopen the Strait of Hormuz, even floating the idea privately to Senior AIDS that he's willing to walk away without a nuclear deal. At that moment, I stopped. I have always known, like you've always known, the President Trump could declare victory at any time. He'll call anything he wants victory. This is nothing new. We are people who understand the two rules of trump. The first rule of Trumpism is Trump wins. The second rule of trumpsm is that a deal can always be made as long as it adheres to the first rule of TRUMPSM. We know this, we're all down for this, we understand it.
Speaker 3: Walk away without a nuclear deal.
Speaker 2: But he can't do that. He said, uh Aaran will never have a nuclear weapon. This is a legacy he's talking about here. He's willing to tarnish the whole legacy by allowing them to enrich uranium. So we're clear, he leaves the area and they start enriching uranium, legacy, shot to hell, John, I don't care what his supporters say. I don't care what he says.
Speaker 3: I would laugh in his face.
Speaker 2: No legacy if they enrich uranium, if they rebuild a centrifuge.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 2: So no, he can't be willing to leave even if they have a nuclear weapon or the ability to make a nuclear weapon. Now you say to me, Tony, I thought he obliterated their nuclear capability at Naton's at Fourdeaux and Isfahan. That's what he said. Words coming back to haunt him because he couldn't keep his powder dry on the subject. Oh please, don't get me wrong in my frustration, don't get me wrong in my pleasure of seeing those three areas bomb da hell.
Speaker 3: Making it more difficult. This is a good thing.
Speaker 2: I supported it, then I support it now, and I say bravo. But don't say obliterated and then come back to the idea that you got to keep doing it. Don't double speak and triple speaking and talk about deals and all the jazz. You just sounds ridiculous and you're making yourself look look weak. You are, you are, But I am not about to buy into these The story this reporting from the Wall Street Journal that Iran has got all the cards and they want hundreds of billions of dollars in the US to pull out and then they'll open the straight Because Trump is so desperate for lower oil prices that'll do anything going into the midterms. I could argue that he's willing to let things sit for a few months until the midterms are over and try and have fairly okay oil prices. They could argue that's even a strategy. I could argue that the low key and just waiting them out economically is a strategy. It's not a strategy for the long term. Walking away is not a strategy. Low key is not a strategy for the long term. In the end, the deal doesn't have to be made with Iran. The deal has to be made with Saudi Arabia and Bakrain and the UAE and Jordan. They are the ones who have to get this problem done with because it's theirs. Just like we made Russia NATO's problem. We have to make Goran the Middle East problem. They have to handle it. We were discussing this last week and I'm more and more convinced that this is the right course. You have to get them out, you have to get the regime ount and that's the deal that the President has to make. But if he walks away with them being able to even think about a nuclear weapon, that is legacy shattered and not Trump's want. This is Tony Katz today. I'll keep it in the military family and talk about this leaker, the story of this secretary where the Pentagon has accused the former Secretary of I believe secutary of the Air Force of leaking information about Air Force one, Tony Katz. Tony Katz today an absolute pleasure. Sean Park now as Pentagon spokespersons that effective immediately, the Department of Wars revoked former Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendal's eligibility for access to classified information and his ability to hold any sensitive position. This action follows his unauthorized disclosure of classified information regarding Airport one's capabilities to a media outlet. Safeguarding classified information is a non negotiable duty. Well, that's correct, that is absolutely correct. Now this goes back to Trump and the administration putting out a subpoena for New York Times journalists because the New York Times, remember we talked about this at the press conference when the President was in Turkey, he was in Achera, and we're like, are they trying to get him killed by talking about air Force one? And why aren't you doing this? And why aren't doing that? What's wrong with air Force one? What were they doing? Because they reported that the new seven seven gifted by Katar was swapped out because of a security precaution, and then the reporters were like, well it wasn't retrofitted with sufficient security measures, and then there are questions about whether it had the proper missile defense systems and other modifications. If that information was leaked out, yeah, goodbye, and I think it should be jail time. And then of course we asked the question, it's one thing to have the information, it's another thing to report the information. Yes, in a world, in a nation of free speech, not a world of free speech, the reporter can report they.
Speaker 3: Didn't get it through any illicit mean got the information?
Speaker 2: Should they? Well that's a conversation for a bourbon But it's not enough to just take away the classified opportunities of the leak or they've got to be charges, they got to be put through hell and then some in a very very large scale way. Leaking information is just not acceptable on any level. And we need to go after leakers with everything in us. And they have to suffer. They have to suffer terribly. Absolutely, they have to suffer, and so they should. Oh, we never should have taken the plane from Qatar, and the idea that we would fly at air Force one that doesn't have all the proper safety protocols criminally insane. If indeed that's the way it flew. Uh representative of COSU Cortez wants to change the game. Keep it here. This is Tony Cox today. Nothing says everything is going super well for the political left. Nothing says everything is going super well. That's not what I wanted. Nothing says, as things repeat themselves, everything is going super well for Tony Tony Katz today, guys a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Sorry about that.
Speaker 2: Uh, nothing says everything is going super well for the political left, like Joe Scarborough on MS now screaming at Democrats.
Speaker 3: But please, I.
Speaker 4: Don't need people telling me, oh, you have to just turn a blind eye to people saying that women getting rate on October seventh didn't matter in the grand scheme of things that no Americans aren't going to support that.
Speaker 2: This is not about me.
Speaker 3: This is about the.
Speaker 5: Democrats once again fumbling the football on the two yard line when they have a chance to make great gains but being so woke.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you want to.
Speaker 2: Call it woke one, woke two, or woke three, but being too woke to call out the obvious.
Speaker 4: I swear to God, it's really it's crazy that we're even having this conversation.
Speaker 2: He's yelling, and I think he's yelling because he understands that the madness is coming from inside the house and it's going to cost them the midterms. Now, I'm going to dig into this in a little bit, what the numbers say versus what the reality says. But what is he talking about?
Speaker 3: Woke one, woke two, woke three, So glad you woke. Asked.
Speaker 2: This was Alexandria A Cassio Cortes.
Speaker 3: She was on with Jonathan Carl on ABC.
Speaker 2: And it should be understood that this is, I believe, the first time she has done a sit down TV interview, network interview. I think in two years, you.
Speaker 3: Understand that she sees herself and it can't.
Speaker 2: Have been two years, could have been two years. She sees herself as a presidential contender. There's a twenty twenty eight conversation about alexandri Acatio Cortez. There's a Senate conversation. She could run against Chuck Schumer and send him packing. That much I believe could happen. I think the presidency thing is still kind of dreamy, which is to say, a dream for her, a nightmare for the rest of us. But she said this. She's talking to Jonathan Carl on ABC and she said this, by the.
Speaker 6: Way, just a quick definitional thing. What in your mind is the difference between socialism and communist Oh oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, wait wait, I'll get to this.
Speaker 2: I will get to this, but I need to get to where she's talking about. Woke one, did you or did you not hear about this where she's talking about woke one point.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a true thing. Here here she is.
Speaker 2: Right here, and we'll play it all. I'll get to it, I promise. Let's start where we start.
Speaker 6: So you have Wisconsin coming up next, Francesca Hong, who is the Democratic Socialist of America supporting candidate for governor. Are you you haven't endorsed her? Are you going to?
Speaker 7: No, I haven't endorsed in that race.
Speaker 8: My focus has been in winning back to Congress, winning back the House, and positioning ourselves to have the best chance possible to win the Senate. So I've been focused on those legislative What do.
Speaker 6: You make of those controversial statements. I'm sure you've seen. I mean, she's you know, the Thanksgiving dust up, she says, she doesn't you know, still believe that. But you know the abolished prisons, abolished police, which is also positions that have been taken by a lot of the progressive candidates who have won. How do you get around that? Yeah, not positions that are by right.
Speaker 8: I mean I think that a lot of these races, even right now, they'll have a tendency to be nationalized. But these races ultimately are local and all politics are local. My understanding is that is that Francesca Hang has made clear her present stances.
Speaker 3: To her leg moved away from one, right, she's.
Speaker 7: Moved away from it. And I have.
Speaker 8: A local city councilman that has this saying woke one was crazy?
Speaker 3: Oh my woke one? What is woke one?
Speaker 2: And what the bloody hell.
Speaker 3: Is woke too? And are we on woke tour? Are we on woke three?
Speaker 2: Or four? I can't keep up. First, all politics are local is a very true statement, right. We don't question whether or not we agree with the statement all politics are local? Was that Tip O'Neil who first said that, who where does the I know where the quote come?
Speaker 3: I can picture it.
Speaker 2: But no one who's a member of the Democratic Socialist is dealing.
Speaker 3: With any local anything.
Speaker 2: There are no local subjects, none whatsoever. Everything comes from on high, from a group of people who absolutely want to do away with the constitution, who want to do away with prisons, and when confronted, cannot answer a single question on their own. They can't, they don't have any capacity. If you speak to these people, you check out what they are really about. They cannot answer a question on their own, they don't have it. When confronted, they just fall apart. These socialists are amongst the most nutty and the most dangerous and the most ignorantly stupid group of people who ever existed. This is the co chair of the dssay, in her own words, but we.
Speaker 7: Do believe in taxing the hell out of millionaires?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Well what is taxing the hell out of them? Mean? Uh? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: Again, I don't have like a solid.
Speaker 2: But should I think?
Speaker 3: But shouldn't you?
Speaker 9: I mean, if you're the co chair, if you're the co chair of the DSA, shouldn't you be more specific than just taxing the hell out of something?
Speaker 2: What exactly do you mean?
Speaker 10: So again, it's democracy, right, and we have to look at what we need to spend and what we need. We don't want to depend on the existence of millionaires because that means people are still getting.
Speaker 7: Ex So yeah, we need to look at what we.
Speaker 10: Need to pay for in the interim, what sort of tax base we need for that to happen.
Speaker 2: And she doesn't know what tax the hell out of the means because she's not willing to say we're going to put a gun to their head, and we're going to take everything. The millionaire cannot exist because she just said, if the millionaire exists, somebody is being exploited. So we have to get rid of all the millionaires. Therefore, we have to take what is theirs, including putting a gun to their head, which is why we run to run for office so we can have the guns. We run for office so we can have the guns to put it to their head, to be able to take their money because they don't deserve it. That's the point of the DSA. That's not all politics are local. That is their entire agenda. In a nutshell, they don't know. They can argue they don't know what they mean by tax the hell out of them, but what they mean is take everything.
Speaker 3: And after they get the millionaires, they'll.
Speaker 2: Take down the seven hundred and fifty thousand airs, and then they'll take down the five hundred thousand hours and then the fifty thousand airs. If they will take all the money, that's the goal. That's who they are. So is this now woke two point zero And what in the world is she talking about with woke one point oh? Woke one point oh? Notice what she's trying to do in this conversation. Notice what she is trying to say in this conversation about woke. Let me play this for you again, for the people in the cheap seats in communisty.
Speaker 8: I think, to me the fundamental difference.
Speaker 2: She's saying that woke one point, oh was yesterday. Now we're on to today. Why aren't you focused on today? That's the argument. Let's go back and listen to it one more time.
Speaker 8: Her present stances to her, she moved away from one, right, she's.
Speaker 7: Moved away from it.
Speaker 8: And I have a local city councilman that has this saying Woke one was crazy, And I think that what's important.
Speaker 3: Is and why is she smiling and laughing about it? She was part of it?
Speaker 2: What is with these radicalized communists and they're constant smiling while they look aggressively to take your rights in life from you.
Speaker 3: These people are creepy as can be.
Speaker 2: Mom, Donnie's always smiling as he's talking about ending a Western civilization.
Speaker 3: Woke one, you see. So if you're.
Speaker 2: Still talking about those things, you're living in past. Why are you talking about what happened yesterday? We're on to today. Why are you living in the past? Why are you re litigating that. Move on? Tell them to move on from January sixth Our point is that we can't move on from Anthony Fauci. We just got the proof that he lied. You want me to move on. He's a liar and a fraud. Why isn't he in jail. He ruined lives? Move on from woke one point zero. You mean during the George Floyd ryots where you burned businesses to the ground, you destroyed lives, people got killed, and now we're supposed to be like, oh whatever, We're on to the new stuff, the new stuff. The old stuff was so damn murderous. What new stuff? These people, these people are horrifying in every way. You're not wrong one point zero. She's trying to do away with the past while positioning herself as a leader. The Democratic Socialists are enable or incapable of explaining their positions. I mean, this goes back to where we started. You try and get a Cossio Cortes to explain the difference between a communist and a socialist.
Speaker 6: By the way, just a quick definitional thing. What in your mind is the difference between socialism and communist I think, to me.
Speaker 8: The fundamental differences. I mean there's many. One prevailing one is democracy, and I believe that democratic socialists are fundamentally pro democracy, and we believe in the ballot.
Speaker 2: Box fundamentally pro democracy.
Speaker 3: Let's take.
Speaker 2: They are fundamentally pro democracy, so they say as opposed to the communist Can I ask if anybody believes that if they were pro democracy, how come they're so supportive of working with the Islamists. Who doesn't believe in democracy at all? And never mind that all the socialism always leads to communism, which has nothing to do with democracy. What possibly is she discussing here? Who does this actually attract? Well, it attracts the people who already believe, and certainly it might attract the twenty year old. This is what we're up against. But this is Wilson, what America is seeing, and they seem to be to the point that Joe Scarborough was making. Turning against this is some maddening talk. We're going to further break this down and explain exactly how rough it's going to be for them in the midterm going down this road that's coming up. Keep it here, guys, I'm Tony Katz, and this is Tony Katz today as I was reading that story.
Speaker 3: About President Trump and.
Speaker 2: Iran and you know it's gonna be like a low key war, and I was like, oh, holy heck, low key. That's that is something else, Tony Katz. Tony Katz today, an absolute pleasure. Guys, great to be with you live streaming, YouTube and Rumble. Come check it out and get in the chat room. A lot of good people there, some of them have snacks. I caught this story about Bernie Sanders. Sanders calls for AI development pause, and I scratched my head a little bit and I said, only a low rent comie come up with that. Not Hey, have we taken a look at safeguards regarding the usage of AI. That's not that's a developments pause. You can't you can't unring the bell. You're not gonna stop companies from working on developing AI technology. You're not gonna stop them from dealing with an ever advancing China.
Speaker 3: What kind of thing is this?
Speaker 2: You want to stop that from happening. This is the kind of person. Bernie Sanders are the kind of guy who would have stopped car manufacturers from making cars.
Speaker 3: He would have stopped the wright brothers. Nope, you cannot fly.
Speaker 2: I need to make sure this is okay and figure out how we get money from it. That is that is my That is my Bernie Sanders. It isn't great. It is a great but it's not bad. It's not bad. How are you gonna what would make government think they could do this? You didn't understand anything about the stuff. You don't understand anything about it. You're Bernie Sanders. You've never created anything in your life. You never signed the.
Speaker 3: Front of a paycheck.
Speaker 2: Your whole life is taking government money as an elected guy. You've never created anything. Why would I listen to you about AI development safeguards is a different thing.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's a role for government in that development.
Speaker 2: Stay out of the way, Tommy, you don't know how to do anything.
Speaker 1: I'm Tony Kahm Why from ball Hartbland and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Katz today. I admit to you that I don't know anything about Dja Carrington. What I know is she had the flagrant fowl against Sophie Cunningham in that WNBA game and she got ejected from the game, right, And I know that people said, well, Sophie Cunningham. She did exactly the same thing last year and she got ejected.
Speaker 3: What's the big deal. Here's no big deal.
Speaker 2: It was a foul, it was.
Speaker 3: A flagrant fowl and she got ejected.
Speaker 2: When Sophie Cunningham did it, it was a flagrant fowl and she got ejected. Makes perfect sense. The difference is that Sophie Cunningham didn't then go to social media and claim white privilege. The racism and bigotry of the w a on full display, which has always been there, and they have not come to a reckoning too. That's all right, that's fine. The reckoning has come to them. It's time for the ladies to have to deal with that reality. Tony Katz Tony Katz Today, guys, great to be with. You find everything at Tony kats dot com t O n y k A t Z that's how you spell my name Tony Katz dot com and of course live streaming on YouTube and Rumble.
Speaker 3: Check it out for yourself.
Speaker 2: Just go to Tony Kat's Tony Kats Today on either platform on the Twitter ex Tony Katz, Facebook, Tony Kats Radio.
Speaker 3: Ianez Kant and Royce White have declared.
Speaker 2: For the WNBA draft. These are men who have taken a look at the rules and said, well, there's nothing here that says I can't declare for the WNBA draft.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna declare for the WNBA draft.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say, hey, I am I am of the lady folk, and that's that, you know what, I'm not even of the lady folks. I just identify and you don't get to ask me what that means. You don't get to have any rules about this. It's absolutely joyous that this is happening. Allow me to further define joyous. Everything involving the idea that men think that they could be women is sick, is ugly, is mental illness on display, and is horrifyingly bad. I don't believe in attacking the mentally ill. I also do not believe in buying into their nonsense. The political left did this. Not only did they believe in buying into the mental illness, they demanded that you bought into the mental illness as well, which is why everybody now has their pronouns on LinkedIn. I had somebody try to connect with me today on LinkedIn, and they have pronouns, and I said, no, thank you. I won't take anybody new. As a matter of fact, I should go through and I should get rid of everybody i'm connected to who uses pronouns. If you share your pronouns with me, why in the world would I want to be connected to you on LinkedIn. You're not interested in the work. You're not interested in working for me. You're not interested in working with me. You're not interested in what you actually do. You're interested in posturing. I don't need anybody who postures. I can find somebody who postures everywhere. I need people who could do the work. I need people who know how to work with content creators. I need to work with people who know how to get better results via social media. I don't need somebody who says my pronouns are they them? No, I don't want you. I don't want to work with you. You're not good enough to work with me because you're not focused on the right things. Not in the slightest the WNBA should have dealt with this, just like they should have dealt with the racism of their league. They didn't. In the Sophie Cunningham story, where she writes Dejene Carrington writes white privilege well, this is a league that sees itself as a league for black women and gay women. It always has, It always has, I'll say it again, it always has. And they don't like the fact that Caitlin Clark has come to town. They don't like the fact that Caitlyn Clark is popular. They absolutely cannot stand that it is popular, that she is popular. They can't stand that Sophie Cunningham would now be popular. Don't you know that that's not supposed to be. This is a league for this group and that group, but not those girls. The bigotry on full display and display from players and coaches and the league and the media, etc. Put that all to the side. Anybody who would say hashtag white privilege to fouling Sophie Cunningham and getting thrown out of the game is a fool. Is someone not worth knowing, no leadership skills, no value to the league, no value to young women.
Speaker 3: And so I'm perfectly clear.
Speaker 2: If you're a black woman who looks at that and says, yeah, good on her, my god, are you wrong? You just want the racial divide, you want it, And I think that's pretty weird. That's pretty ugly stuff. Now we get into the part two of the WNBA. They already have a bigotry problem, they've had one for years. The Part two is this story that they can't define what a woman is and they've had two men declare for.
Speaker 3: The WNBA draft.
Speaker 2: It's also a Sophie Cunningham story, because this Sophie Cunningham story goes back to February when she was asked a question and she said, I think girls sports should be for girls, which is the most normal thing to say.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 2: And it just got re released a couple weeks ago and everybody's been talking about it and losing their minds over it.
Speaker 3: What did we say right from the beginning.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm on the record. She did not say, Sophie Cunningham did not say anything remarkable.
Speaker 3: She said something normal. She said something rational.
Speaker 2: There was no need to comment on it other than that.
Speaker 3: And yet the.
Speaker 2: Left one to attack her and the right wanted to glorify her, and both were wrong. Girl sports should be for girls is the most normal thing ever. There's nothing new to it, nothing at all. But people decide to lose their minds and then people want to go out there and protest, like you're mad at Sophie Cunningham. What you're mad at? And it seems very obvious. And if the league doesn't want to address this, this is no concern of mine. You are upset that straight white women who are attractive to a lot of people are being noticed because you don't want the league to be about that. You can't stand that the league has any of that. You can't handle the fact you hate the fact that there might be attractive people in the league. Well, why didn't they notice these attracted people? Are that attractive people?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's because everybody's a racist. Fine, great, everybody's a racist. Do you feel better? Did that get you anywhere? Screaming that everybody is a racist did not get you charter flights you were flying commercial. Screaming that everybody was a racist didn't get you sponsors. Now you've got sponsors. Screaming everybody was a racist didn't get you. Sold out arenas. Now you have sold out arenas. When the Indiana Fever and Caitlin Clark and Sophie Cunningham come to town, oh, in a whole host of other players. I will keep saying it for as long as I can. Eleiah Boston has been fantastic for that team in a lot of ways. A great pickup in the draft, and dear Lord, get her the ball more often. I'm in Indiana, I pay a little bit of attention to the fever. I can't say this about other teams. You can't. You don't accept the fact that somebody doesn't look like you.
Speaker 3: Is popular.
Speaker 2: Maybe those people being popular will get other people to notice the people you want them to notice. Great, terrific, wonderful, But now you can't even describe what a woman is.
Speaker 3: Your rules WNBA.
Speaker 2: When Sophie Cunningham said this and the league decided to get split on this, and coaches like from the Minnesota Lane decided to wear shirts that say trans kids belong. What do you mean belong? The coach of the Golden State Valkyries. Sports is about belonging. No, it's not. Jennifer Say of XXXY Athletics said it correct. This is about the elites. This is about the elites. The last thing about this is not inclusive at all. It's totally exclusive. This is a very special club. But they wouldn't say that this is a league for women. They wouldn't stand up for women. You didn't like what Sophie Cunningham said. Okay, fine, I don't know what she said is weird, odd or strange. It was totally normal. But now, when confronted with this, you won't even say, Look, this is a women's league and there's a difference between women and men. You won't say it. So don't blame this on Sophie Cunningham. Blame this on the coach of the Lynx, Toshryl Reeves, and blame them on the coach of the Golden State Valgyrie Nicasi.
Speaker 3: They're the ones who did this.
Speaker 2: And all of those people who decide to scream and yell about Sophie Cunningham, they created this situation. And so you've got Enes Canter also known as enes cantor Freedom, and Roy Swhite, who I know nothing about, saying they're going to enter the draft because there's nothing that is in there that can be utilized to question him him. I understand he's a man.
Speaker 3: Please accept.
Speaker 2: This formal document is my official written notification to the Women's National Basketball Association my voluntary decision to enter the playerpool for the twenty twenty seven and WNBA draft consistent with the current league collective Bargaining Agreement. I'm submitting this notice to exercise my draft rights and to affirm that I at least at twenty two years old and I have no remaining intercollegiate eligibility. As required, I requested the WNBA League Office verify I receipt of this document and direct any future communication to my personal email address listed above. Thank you for your official processing and my registration into the twenty twenty seven draft pool, respectfully submitted this sixth day of August twenty twenty six. They can't explain what a woman is in the WNBA, and now they're having a meeting to do just that. WNBA Commissioner Kathy Ingelbert. Is it Ingelbert Ingelbrecht? Isn't it Ingobrect? That's what I thought it was, the commissioner, Yeah, it's Ingobrect. Thank you. The Commissioner puts out a memo that says I wanted to reach out to share how we are approaching these conversations at the League office and to thank those of you who have responded to questions from the media with thoughtfulness and professionalism. We recognize that this is a complex and nuanced topic, and we will continue to have important conversations with all of you and the Players Association in the weeks and months ahead. We also plan to give an additional discussions and offer listening sessions for any team leaders who would like to participate. Your perspectives and feedback are invaluable, and I appreciate those who have already reached out to share their thoughts. It's not nuanced and it's not complex. Djna Carrington is a bigot and the league is shocked full of bigots who hate the fact that white women are seeing success. They hate it. That's on them, not on me for noticing. You can send me any email you want. Go right ahead, knock yourselves out. You want to send me some hate mail, feel free. Let's send it to Mark Levin at yahoo dot com. I don't want to hear your crap. Blame her for being a bigot. That's on the racism side, not complex, not nuanced, on the side of what makes a.
Speaker 3: Woman, not complex and not nuanced.
Speaker 2: That you say it's a complex and nuanced topic, Kathin Engelbrecht, makes you the problem commissioner because you can't say what is so obvious. There's a difference between women and men. Men are not women, and men are not welcome in this league. Can't say the words. You can't say the words. You're so afraid of the players. You're so afraid of the coaches. You're so afraid, afraid seemingly of the ownership. You're so afraid of the fans. You're so afraid to not be invited to the Christmas party that you can't say there's a difference between women and men. You can't speak the truth. You have been broken. They control your speech, they control your honesty, they control your decency. You're so afraid of them, you are so afraid you can't say no inenus cancer. You can't join because you're a man, and this is the league for women. Have a nice day. The W stands for women. There's a difference between men and women. And just because Katanji Brown Jackson, Supreme Court justice is too stupid to note the difference doesn't mean we are of course we're smarter. And then it's.
Speaker 3: Supreme Court justice.
Speaker 2: You can't do it. Leftist women can't stand up for women. Neither can leftist men. They can't stand up for women, and when they do, they get ostracized, They get pushed to the side they get called turfs or whatever bloody heck term they want to put out there for JK. Rowling and Martina and to Rachelovo, who's wrong in a bunch of things, but not on this. I don't care how much pain, how much pain they feel, I don't care how upset they get. By the way, it's Engelbert, not engel Brecht. I don't know why I get that wrong, and I apologize. Kathy Engelbert b e Rt. Kathy engel Breckt is someone completely different. She's the commissioner. She can't say this, she cannot say the basics. The control the left has over these people, control their thoughts, control their speech, so much so that they can't say the basic truths. And at that moment you realize that Atlas Shrugged was a really good book. I'm just gonna sit back, eat some popcorn and watch. I'm gonna watch them just absolutely destroy themselves, just absolutely devour themselves. It is shameful. We'll see if they figure it out. But two guys declaring for the WNBA, because you know the w NBA wants this and now they've got it. Oh, oh, those must be some great meetings. This is Tony Kats today. I was discussing the DSA earlier and I think, I mean, I part of me thinks I should save this for for three more things. But it's gonna all lead into a conversation about what exactly is happening in the mid terms. I mean, I hate to to break this to people. I don't mean to scare anybody with with with this kind of commentary, but you all, you all understand that we are officially in midterm election season. What don't don't boom me. I didn't do anything wrong. Don't get upset with me. It's August. The election is November third. We are in it. The kids went back to school. That is the firing pistol. We are an election season, and how is it that they see victory? Where do their victories come from? If this is the kind of stuff that the leader of the Democratic Socialists, which is now controlling the party, is putting out into the world.
Speaker 9: Tended on October eighth pro Palestinian Prohamas rally, which many people saw as a justification of the October seventh attack, and some of her tweets have been extremely ugly on this score and on others do you fully support her in all these activities and what she said to say?
Speaker 10: I think darielis I can speak for herself certainly, and I think she's apologized for some pieces of that and not forthtending that rally, not unapologetic about other pieces of that.
Speaker 3: And do you support her yourself and that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do you support the murder of twelve hundred, the rape of women, the women, the setting of children on fire.
Speaker 3: That's the dsay.
Speaker 2: I'm Tony Katz. Three more things, Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, guys. It's great to be with you. So here's how we work. Three more things. These are things that should be front page news, but because of all the things on the front page, doesn't make the front pages. So I bring these things to you. These are stories that you should know. Of course, we've got a Ran on the front page, and President Trump is we're in a low key war. Now, we're in the low key war with Iran. I don't know what that's supposed to mean at all. I don't know I'm supposed to do with that information. Low key We're just going to keep up the sanctions and we're going to keep the economic pressure on but that's it. See, this is in the hopes that we've got some good, solid oil prices going on.
Speaker 3: They're all up today. All the barrel price stuff.
Speaker 2: Is up today, having right, you know, at least in the midday, being up over eighty dollars a barrel. But if that's that's why the President wants to play it, fine, Just don't tell me that a deal is coming, because a deal is never coming. There's no one to make a deal with. Then you have Columbia with a seven point four magnitude quake. The early estimates has seventy three people dead, and I think that that's going to be a low number based on what they're already showing in the imagery some churches collapsing in on themselves right there. It could be that it avoided really populous areas, but this number can grow. Forty one hundred people in this community where the epicenter was. But seven point four is going to be felt across the region for sure.
Speaker 3: While more on that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Todd Blanche confirmed as the Attorney general.
Speaker 3: The vote was fifty to forty nine.
Speaker 2: As we discussed it would be right here, fifty to forty nine is the vote. Why because you had Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski vote no, that would have made it fifty one forty nine.
Speaker 3: Then you had Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 2: Who has not been in the Senate. He is now at home recovering after being in a rehab center from I don't actually know what. He did not vote. Therefore no tiebreaker was needed from the Vice president. The vote was fifty to forty nine. And Todd Blanche is the Attorney General. There should have been no one, no one at all who.
Speaker 3: Voted again Todd Blanche.
Speaker 2: There was just no need for it, no reason for it. If Merrick Garland can be confirmed, Todd Blanche could be confirmed, then you have the Senate of voting to not shut down the government. They voted to have a continuing resolution through December, going past the midterms, avoiding us all together, now sending it to the House for their vote. I guess Democrats decided that there was going to be no value.
Speaker 3: In a shutdown.
Speaker 2: Maybe they saw that the shutdown didn't really do them, didn't do them well, didn't make their life worthwhile or valuable, didn't give them a good bit of a political life. I mean, I'm happy, I'm happy that the shot down is going to be avoided. Then you have an interesting note about a billboard in New York. There's this billboard that is in New York, and if you see it, you'll note that the billboard is in Arabic. But the billboard is put up by the city of New York. Why in the world would there be this billboard that is in Arabic from the city and that has something to do with some I don't know, like a subway card or something like that. But as got noted, twenty two point seven percent of New Yorker speaks Spanish, Chinese is five point four percent, Russia is two and a half, and Golli is two point one. Yiddish is one point one, Hebrews point six, and Korean point five, Arabic point four. Why is.
Speaker 3: The billboard in Arabic going up?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why is this happening? Why is this happening? From Zarn Mamdani, I I think people have ideas and thoughts and concepts on conquering and and I must really push back against those people who want to pretend that somehow it's wrong to notice society, it's wrong to notice Islamic history. It's not wrong to notice Christopher Hitchens was talking about this stuff years ago regarding Islam, that this is not a religion, it's a political system and it is meant for conquest. And I'm sorry if anybody who is Muslim is offended. The reality is reality. History is there. You can scream about Apak and Israel all you want. Wars got started with Israel. Israel won them, took some of the land, and then gave the land back. You don't have an argument. Islamists take land and believe it's their land for forever and walk through societies engaging in the desire of conquest. This is not new. This is what they are moved to do. Thus the reality. And when the conquest comes, of course everybody has to do what they say and you have to live by their rules otherwise you get taxed something called the jizya. Jizya. It's a political system. It's not a religion. You have to stop thinking, give it like a religion. Not angry. Just stating a fact that it is incompatible with Western civilization is a fact. It's not even a surprising fact. There's nothing new about it. There's no like I didn't say anything shocking it just is. And so when Nancy Mace puts out that Muslims shouldn't be elected, people are so absolutely offended. Nancy Mace doesn't do a good job of explaining anything.
Speaker 3: She doesn't.
Speaker 2: I think that she's a woman who had opportunities and she let the opportunities slip her by and decides to be just a.
Speaker 3: Little too nutty.
Speaker 2: Margie Taylor Green exactly the same, just a different kind of nutty. Are we going to pretend that there isn't an issue taking place, that we're not seeing the Islamist desire to do away with Western civilization and somehow there should be changes to this. We have seen this in spots of Michigan. We've seen this in spots in Texas. It is a political system that simply cannot be trusted, is incompatible with the republic. So therefore it can't be.
Speaker 3: That, is it.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me that the Islamist is not an issue, But Waco was. Those people were just living their lives, dude. We can have a deep conversation about Waco, like we can have a deep conversation about Ruby Ridge. But they were Americans and they just didn't want to participate in what the rest of us were doing. I have noticed that the Islamist also does not want to participate in what we're doing, but somehow we can't notice.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty mad, that's pretty nutty.
Speaker 2: But it isn't the only thing that I've got. There is a fascinating story about gen Z and in New York, The New York Post went and talked to some twenty somethings about cigarettes, and it turns out that cigarettes are considered cool.
Speaker 3: By gen Z.
Speaker 2: Why is that. It's because they want to be connected to something. They want an actual experience, they want to be a part of something. I was telling the story early that my oldest we were in a thrift store and there was a stereo system. It didn't have the individual components where all the components were put together, the old Sony ones, you know, and you couldn't afford the individual components, so.
Speaker 3: You got this.
Speaker 2: And it had the five CD carousel and had the two cassette players that had a small equalizer. He was mesmerized, couldn't figure out how the cassettes worked. So I hit eject into the slow open and he was like, oh, that's amazing, And then he went he plugged it in and was able to open the carousel. He's like, the thing spins and you can put all the distance up.
Speaker 3: And why were we in the thrift store. He was buying CDs.
Speaker 2: Because it's tactile and it's connected and this generation is exhausted by all things digital in all places. They want that connection. We've talked about it before. Smoking now. My oldest has said, I have no interest in smoking, but admittedly it looks cool. And I said, if you're smoking cigars, yes, everything else can't.
Speaker 3: I'm not down with that.
Speaker 2: And also if I said this earlier too, give me ten gen Zers who want to have a cigar one on one class and I will host it. I will take care of it. I will do cigars one on one with gen Z, happy to put that together. They want connection. I think it's great.
Speaker 3: No, don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think smoking cigarettes is great. I'm not going to be the guy who's down for that. But I think that they want connection, that they want to be a part of something. They want something real in their lives and not just some stupid screen. Amazing, absolutely spectacular.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I have got a lot of hope and a lot of faiths for gen Z I do. I don't think they're radicalized.
Speaker 3: Are those some are? I don't think they're ridiculous? So the some are.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of them just want to be able to have something real in their lives. And man, I think there's a lot that can be discussed with them. I think they could see if you want something real, the Left ain't offering that kittens, not at all. If you want to do something also, that's good for you. You got to fight the data brokers where they are, and you got to do that Withincogni, because you've got a file on the Internet that is chock full of all of your information. It's got your name and address and your email address, it's got your medical records, it has your kids' names, and it gets utilized against you in those phishing scams, you know, those text messages where someone knows way too much about you and they want you to send money or do this. The scam calls the data brokers. It's a multi billion dollar industry. Your file gets collected, it gets packaged, it gets sold, all of it legal, and you get scammed. Scammers taking advantage of an American citizens to the tune of twenty billion plus dollars each and every year. These scammers are prepared. You have got to fight back. You do that withincogny I n cogn I, in Cognity dot com slash cats. They're the ones who go to the data brokers and say delete this file, your file so it can't be utilized against you. And if any of that information creeps back online, in Cogni is there to get it gone from the data brokers.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: It's an on, NonStop battle and in Cogni wins it. Go to Incogniti dot com slash cats Katz use promo code cats to get sixty percent off right now in cognity dot com slash cats In cognity dot com slash cats get sixty percent off. Take your private life off of the market. Tony Katz, Tony Kats today.
Speaker 3: We'll be all right back.
Speaker 2: We really do think there is something to this idea of as we're in midterm season, I mean, this is it. Primaries are basically done and me you've still got Wisconsin this week, a couple of small things, but everybody's in it. We're in midterm season. The midterms are November three. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, and I take a look at generic balloting. I'm gonna get more into this. Democrats are up a little bit plus seventh the generic ballot.
Speaker 3: Then again, they.
Speaker 2: Told us that abdul say Ed was up like thirteen against Haley Stevens.
Speaker 3: He won by one. So maybe the posters are wrong, And maybe the.
Speaker 2: Reason they're wrong is because there's madness like this, this conversation that Ross Doubtad had.
Speaker 11: Are you listening or overweighting the votes of younger people or assigning the youngest eligible voters proxy votes for the unrepresented children of our country? So those are edgy, why not assign them to those children's parents? Well, because there's a divergence of interest between parents and children, and I think it's likelier that young people, not people who are raising families, will have the best insight into the interests of children, whereas you, if you were awarded five, I think that's death.
Speaker 12: I think it's absurd to imagine that a twenty four year old recent college graduate has a better assessment of the interests of my own children than I do. And I say this with all due respect to twenty four year old recent college graduates of whom I hope to be the parent of in nine years or so.
Speaker 11: I think parents generally confuse the interests of their family with the interests of their children.
Speaker 2: That's the left, the person saying that's deaf. That's Roth Dathat formerly The New York Times, now with sixty minutes. But that's the left. You don't have your children's best interest at heart. So therefore we have to take it away from the parent, because we have to have the children's best interest at heart. Who's we people you want to let near your children? How do you expect to win elections like this? That's the question. I'm Tony kats.
Speaker 1: Why from vall Hartbiner and the Crossroads of America.
Speaker 2: It's Tony Katz Today. The vast majority of people in America know nothing about the Great Barrington Declaration. And the reason they don't know about it is because, well, it didn't get much play. Oh it was outrageously important. It was doctors and health professionals and scientists saying, you know what we're doing regarding COVID. This was in the middle of COVID, in the heat of COVID. This is not in any way smart or proper or good. This is a horrible way to go about things. We don't know what doctor Fauci or doctor Burks or any of these other people pretend that they are doing, but they're gonna hurt a lot of people. There's a better way to do this. And as you know, and I know, and we know, many of those messages got silenced, whether it be from some of the leading doctors and scientists and health professionals, or whether it be you asking a basic.
Speaker 3: Question on social media.
Speaker 2: Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, good to be with you. Well. In the treasure trove of things the Senator Ran Paul released from the diary of Anthony Fauci, Doctor Anthony Fauci emails, etc. Was this notification You can find it. I've got it over at tonykats dot com. This email that Fauci sent to doctor Debra Burks, you know, the one who wears the scarves, asking her to come out against the Great Barrington Declaration. Phil Magnus joins me right now. His work is at the Independent Institute, where he is a Senior Fellow in the day with Jay Threau Chair in Political Economy. He also works with the American Institute for Economic Research, where he was formerly the fa Hiak share in economics and economic history, which means he knows a lot of things that we don't, which is good because this does have a lot of economic connotations to it. He is also the author of the sixteen nineteen project Myth and Cracks in the Ivory Tower the Moral Mess of Higher Education, both of which touch on the concept of what it is we are told versus what it is that is. Phil Magnus, thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it. You got a heck of a resume there. But I want to discuss the Great Barrington Declaration. Let's start where we start, which is what is the Great Barrington Declaration.
Speaker 13: Absolutely so, I was one of a very small number of people that was actually in the room when the thing was signed in October twenty twenty, and this is a document basically challenging the eye idea that lockdowns were the way to deal with the pandemic, that pointed out that lockdowns not only were on a very swim evidentiary basis they didn't work, but on top of that, they cost all sorts of social harms, economic harms. They put people out of work, caused mental health issues, kept kids out of schools. And this was a document that came together right during the second wave of COVID. If you remember, in fall twenty twenty, the cases were ticking up again and all of the people who had locked us down back in the spring started revisiting those ideas, and in some cases many states and many countries are in the world, they did re enact lockdowns again in the fall of twenty twenty. But what happened is we got a group of scientists together, and this was Jay Bonticheria, who's now Fauci's replacement boss figure at the NIH Donald Trump appointed him in part because of his reputation. After this, Martin Koldorf of Harvard at the time, and Sinetric up to Oxford. So three physicians came together, we held a conference on the case against lockdowns and they articulated those principles in a short to sake summary statement to challenge the return of this policy that Fauci and Burks and some of the other figures in the so called public health establishment we're pushing at the time.
Speaker 2: One of the things the Great Barrington Declaration estates, and Great Barrington is where air is located. Correct, that's the specific town that it's in. It reads coming from both the left and right, and around the world. We have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long term public health.
Speaker 3: The result, to name a few, include lower childhood.
Speaker 2: Vaccination rates, worse than cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings, and deteriorating mental health lead into greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class in younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.
Speaker 3: When we think of the time October twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: As you're describing it, sir, this was a very neu radical thing to say. Everything we're hearing from on high is wrong. It's a danger. Let us say so it gets signed. What was the reaction and the response to the Great Barrington Declaration.
Speaker 13: Well, initially it was very positive. It kind of went viral on the internet, got picked up in some major news media sources. I think the Wall Street Journal covered it. Fox News picked it up, and they pointed out that this is finally somebody is challenging Anthony Fauci and this policy that he has been pushing for several months now, that doesn't seem to be working, doesn't seem to be addressing the pandemic, and oh, by the way, it has all these other costs and consequences. So that was the initial reactions, generally positive, kind of recognizing, hey, we could finally have the scientific debate we were denied in the spring. And then all of a sudden, this is probably about three or four days after the decoration was signed, the media turned outright hostile against it, attacks on the authors, calling them fringds epidemiologists. We got de boosted on the Google links, Google searches from it. It used to appear on the top page, along with the news media coverage of it, and then suddenly, all of a sudden, it's on page four behind crazy conspiracy blogs announcing the Great Barrington Declaration is going to kill us. All so very rapid switch in the public discussion around it, And it was kind of mystifying at the time of why that had happened, because all we were asking for was a public debate over the science, a public debate over whether lockdowns actually did what they promised to do.
Speaker 2: Talking to Phil Magnus, Senior Fellow at the Independent Institute, David J. Throatshare and political economy and his work with Aier the American Institute for Economic Research, where he was formerly the fa Hiak Chair, and economics and economic history. And we could certainly tie in a lot of what we saw in the COVID days to what we have seen in economic reality today. But there's also an economic reality of what we have done to generations and what it is we were doing in trying to from other groups silencing this kind of talk you talk about all of a sudden it was removed from search engines, etc. This brings us to this email that doctor Fauci sent out to Deborah Burks saying, so, just a heads up. Over the past week, I've come out very strongly publicly against the Great Barrington Declaration.
Speaker 3: This was from October.
Speaker 2: Sixteenth, twenty twenty, and asking her to do the same. To come out against this. In a world of so called science, people can be hey, I disagree. What was it like for him to come out against it? How did that play out?
Speaker 13: Well, we found out after the fact. You know, all this sudden explosion of hate and demonization that was occurring around the Great Bearrington Declaration. It actually had a cause, and Anthony Fauci was a major player in that cause. So I filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the NIH office where Fauci worked, way back in twenty twenty one, and it actually kind of opened the door to looking into this. So all the committee investigation that ran Paul has pursued ever since then, a couple of the lawsuits around it. Kind of the starting point was the discovery of an email, and this is an email from Fauci's boss at the time, Francis Collins, to him saying, this Great Bearrington Declaration things going around. It has all these fringe epidemiologists that are challenging lockdowns, and Colins ordered Fauci said, the I want you to write and publish a devastating published takedown of these authors and basically as a directive to get this underway because we need to counter it. And Fauci, it turns out, is that new email we got from ran Paul's committee and new foyas that have come true. He actually engages in a very elaborate, coordinated campaign to smear the Great Marrington Declaration in the media, in the press, behind the scenes, in the White House. He is a consummate political actor, not a scientist, is what all these emails tend to confirm. He's not looking at the evidence on lockdowns or the arguments that were being made. He's circulating political editorials in favor of lockdowns and calling friends in the White House to try to suppress anti lockdown voices. So one of the members of the COVID Task Force that was a skeptic of lockdowns is doctor Scott Atlas, who's from Stanford University. He was brought in to kind of be a counter voy to Fauci, and it turns out right around the time of the Great Bearrington Declaration, Atlas, who had been favorable to it, gets on Fauci's bad side, and Fauci starts this campaign with Burks to try to get him fired and removed from the COVID deask Force because they don't want any dissent internally that's pushing for a document like the Great Bearrington Declaration. They wanted to be able to call the shots on lockdowns. So rather than this being Fauci the science as he often declared himself to be, it's actually Fauci the political operative, who is trying to maintain control of the narrative and control over the policy and steer it toward lockdowns.
Speaker 2: So the reason I speak to you certainly your connection to the Great Barrington Declaration. But this view of this in terms of the economics, right economics we think of his dollars and cents, But economics is taking a look at a situation and asking ourselves, how can we predict the consequences? Right this suth Milton Friedman describe economics, how do you predict the consequences of changes in circumstances? And I do find myself to be a Milton Friedman guy. Thomas Sowell guy. I would be more of an fa Hiat guy. But just the reading is so incredibly boring. It's so just if he could write the way he would think, I would be a happy man. But the writing was just tedious, as I'll get out.
Speaker 3: But we talk about the.
Speaker 2: Economic consequences to which there were none that came into the thinking. And it seemed to me that the Great Barrington Declaration dealt with all of the potential consequences. And doctor Fauci, doctor Burke's mainstream media cared not about consequences, but cared about fear for a purpose? Is that the correct assessment in your view?
Speaker 13: I think it's absolutely the case. You know, as you mentioned, incentives matter, secondary and tertiary effects of decisions we make. They matter. And one of the things that happened with the lockdowns, it's not just shutting society down to keep this disease supposedly contained, although we find out that doesn't work either under lockdowns, like the whole theory behind it was wrong. Shutting down society also means that people can't go to work. They also can't go out to the store unless they're wearing a mask and walking in the direction of the stickers on the floor and approved hours. Non essential businesses are shut down, And you start thinking about this, what are some of the consequences of that. That means that if I'm living paycheck to paycheck and suddenly my job, my business, my restaurant that I work at, is no longer allowed to be open, that means I no longer have a paycheck coming in. And if you're sitting there in COVID and say you're a reporter for the New York Times, you can do your job at home on a laptop. You can watch Netflix you can get Uber eats or door dash or something to deliver your meals, and life is actually pretty good, it's not disrupted. But if you're just working, you know, paycheck to paycheck and a service industry job, and you're basically being told you're no longer essential, you're out of work, and maybe you have a rent payment or a car payment due next month, well you're out of luck. And this is a real economic strain, and we saw it early in the pandemic. The states that had the more restrictive lockdown policies shot up in unemployment. You had very clear state level measures of this that the worst the lockdown state was the higher the unemployment rate. And states that remained relatively open or that ended the lockdowns early on, like Florida, well their economies rebounded, and it sounds tangible effects on the quality of life and the ability to even get by for working class Americans, and those were completely disregarded by Fauci and people I would call the laptop class who could have the luxury of working from home and ordering Uber eats and sitting there on their laptop. Will the service industry suffered.
Speaker 2: Is there concrete data you can point to regarding we did this and here's the result we see it. We take a look at inflation right now, which certainly I could have with you the conversation regarding whether or not tariffs are still leading to that as an increase in cost and keeping too much cash in the system. We could take a look at specific job sectors and see whether or not they've recovered and whether or not it has been investment in AI that's actually been leading to certain issues. As opposed to damage done. We could take a look at education outcomes as well. What can be pointed to as this is the result of this shutdown and here is the damage done, or maybe you can tell me the other way, Well, here's a surprising success that came from it. And if the damage is done, what does it take to get out of it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, so I guess there's two direct implications of and one was the media, and I sort of mentioned was like the shutting down of the economy caused people to lose their jobs. And yes, when we reopened those jobs came back, but we were more or less operating in an enforced recession for about a year during COVID. That means people are worse off regardless. That means that not only as an economic arm to disruption to their everyday lives, and we saw that in the unemployment data. We saw that in the economy essentially crashed in early twenty twenty and it took a while to rebound. The second, the longer term effect is what did we do in response, Well, politicians of course panicked when the economy was shut down, when people were closed out of their jobs, says well, we need to pass stimulus checks. We need to create all these government programs to hold people over. If we're going to lock them down, let's throw them a bone. Basically, so we had the succession of these stimulus checks that were payouts essentially done on debt from the US government. There wasn't any revenue to pay for it, but it was just to whole people over. And those stimulus checks basically get absorbed into the macroeconomic situation of the federal government and become one of the major emphasises in twenty twenty two. So a couple of years later, in the inflationary crisis, we dumped a bunch of money into the economy and we pretended as if it was you know, basically no big deal and it would take care of itself and work its way through the system. Well, Joe Biden mismanaged the inflationary crisis because it was all supposed to be transitory and passed through. And here we are, you know, four years later, still dealing with the repercussions of that, which traces back to the stimulus checks, traces back to policies that we had to enact during COVID as a result of the fact that we shut down the entire economy.
Speaker 2: Phil Magnus, he is senior Fellow at the Independent Institute, David J. Throadchair and Political Economy, and his work at AIRE, the American Institute for Economic Research, where he was the fa Hiak Chair. I appreciate you taking the time to be with us, give us the breakdown. We'll talk economics in the future. I hope more to get to keep it here. This is Tony Kats today. Low key. So that's where we're at. Now we're at, we're at having a war with Iran. But it's you know, it's low key, which is different than keeping it on the down low. Maybe possibly, I mean, nobody knows what it means, so it can mean anything you wanted to mean Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, good to be with you. The president, as reported by the people at Axios, saying that you know, the war with Iran will continue, but it's gonna be low key. We're just gonna keep the economic pressure on. We're not gonna worry about bombings and this and that and what have you, and.
Speaker 3: That's it now.
Speaker 2: Axios says that Trump expresses no anger or frustration about the fact that a deal hasn't been signed with Iran and they're getting all tough about the strait. It was the Wall Street Journal that reported that Trump's losing interest in the war and Irans wants hundreds of billions of dollars in order to keep the strait open, and that Iran has the advantage over Trump because Trump needs the oil prices down. He doesn't have the stomach for this. Oh, he's getting tired of this whole thing, and the Iranians believe that they could just weight him out. I believe that the Iranians do believe they can wait him out. They believe they could wait anybody out, which is why no negotiation with them will ever work, which is why one should not negotiate with them, one should end them.
Speaker 3: Also, we have it clear.
Speaker 2: And understood that there is no way to negotiate with you're dealing with the IRGC, which is working in different factions all to their own interests, not too necessarily. And this is a solid point that I saw somebody else make him like that is a various two to observation. It's not even to the Islamist point of view, although they want Israel gone and America gone because those things are the things that keep them from moving forward as pushing the caliphate, but rather they are also things that keep them moving forward from being the power in the region, which is why they want a nuclear weapon. If you think Iran is a problem now, a Ran with a nuclear weapon is impossible. And anybody who doesn't believe in ending this regime and stopping this threat is in no way America.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 2: I say that about Tucker Carlson, I say that about Thomas Massey, I say that about Marjorie Taylor Green. They're laughable, but so is the idea that a deal can be made. Can't be made. So if you want to use economic opportunity to in sanctions to choke them off, it's the seeds mentality, which we discussed with a military analyst Mike Lyons on this show weeks ago. Fine, that's what we're doing. That's what we're doing. Great, terrific and wonderful. But when they don't give you're gonna have to throttle them. You got to stop talking about a deal can be made. No, it can't stop saying. This is Tony Katz today. Else iad wins. I will not vote Democrat. I'll switch over and I'll vote for a candidate with character, whoever.
Speaker 8: That might be.
Speaker 3: That's a Democrat talking.
Speaker 2: That's a Democrat talking in Michigan just as the election was taking place, and Abdul, I'm sorry, I'll do rock on El sayed, Oh if you don't say his whole name, you gotta keep his name out of your mouth. He's such a pseudo tough guy. Oh what a punk Tony Katz. Tony Katz today, Abdul gives all the vibes of a guy who peepes sitting down. He really does the tough guy stuff. He's been doing boring.
Speaker 3: He's done it a.
Speaker 2: Couple times now. It's it just doesn't play at all. But this was a Democrat saying he'll vote for, He'll vote for someone else. He'll vote for someone with character. And this perfectly brings us into the midterms because as much as we may like it or not like it, you know, it's sometimes things happen whether.
Speaker 3: We like them or not.
Speaker 2: We are in the full on election mode, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: We are in election season.
Speaker 2: My god, Okay, it's happening.
Speaker 4: Everybody's say, what's a procedure.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: We are here, and it is horrifying. This is us from now until November third. It's not my fault.
Speaker 3: Oh please, don't.
Speaker 2: Get me wrong. I have plenty of other things to talk about, plenty of other things to get to.
Speaker 3: But we're in it.
Speaker 2: We are in it. And one of the things that I noticed was that the generic ballot Democrats versus Republicans congressional generic ballot has Democrats up by seven. Now it's a little higher than where they were. They were a plus four. I'm like, this is nothing. Plus seven, you can see is something? And the last five one, two, three, four, five, the last five polls plus seven plus eight, plus eleven, plus six and plus six. Get rid of the plus eleven, get rid of the plus six. Right, the bottom score and you're left with a plus seven advantage over the last couple of weeks. I can't tell you why that is. What I can tell you is this is happening while conversation like that one you just heard. It is happening where someone's like, I'm just gonna switch over. Then there's the story of this guy. This was a Democrat, a former chief counsel for the House Judiciary Democrats, and he makes a video. His name is Julian Epstein. I don't think there's any relation on the Epstein side.
Speaker 3: He is a guy.
Speaker 2: I think he's in Michigan and this is his conversation.
Speaker 14: I have been criticizing the Democratic Party for a long time as being far to the left of the median voter. So just as a matter of practical politics and pragmatism, I think the party has gone way too far left. But I think the party has also lost its moral center. I'm Julian Epstein. I'm a longtime Democrat. I was formerly the chief counsel of the House Judiciary Committee and the staff director of the House Oversight.
Speaker 2: Committee for the Democrats.
Speaker 14: I'm the former CEO of the consulting firm LMG, which represented, amongst other people, Hillary Clinton for president. If this is where the party's going, this is not a party I want to have anything to do with.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 2: I want to be clear that you could find Republicans who are like I don't want anything to do with Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: You can find that, of course it exists.
Speaker 2: So in that regard, there's nothing necessarily I knew here, except it is something to hear Democrats come out and say this party has gone too far to the left. Abdul say ed was too much for that Michigan voter. The Democrats in Toto too far to the left. I had stated with clarity. This goes back to February. I had done the event Trump one year later and a fantastic event we did in Indianapolis, and I laid out the plan for how Republicans can win in November because I saw the opening, I understood the opening, and the opening involved a series of things going right. But and this I did the event just as we had heard of the first attacks on Iran by the United States. I mean, I've got this ballroom in downtown Indianapolis, and we're setting it up and we're getting the information. And there I am while people are setting up and rewriting the presentation to give the update and what just happened and how it's going to play out, and how do you prognosticate in six hours.
Speaker 3: I didn't do bad.
Speaker 2: I didn't do bad at all. But one of the things I said was was that oil will need to settle, and you're going to need low gas prices because people make their decision about the midterms. I don't think sex necessarily in the days before they set their sale where they think they're going to go in the summer. And I had said this on the show, So you guys did know this that by the summer, it's going to dictate what's going to happen. And if I were a guy just taking a look at oil prices and taking with the economy, Republicans are going to get chalacked, get their stuff handed to them in a massive, massive way. Except that's not where I see it.
Speaker 3: And part.
Speaker 2: Of the story is that the oil prices, while they've been higher, I don't actually believe they've got everybody as upset as the media wants to.
Speaker 3: Believe it is.
Speaker 2: I just don't they're higher, but they're not the thing that's really bothering they're not the everyday things being discussed by friends. Grocery prices are, insurance prices are the basics. It isn't so much gas prices, which I found kind of unique that it has gone that way. It hasn't been in the anecdotal the big story. It's been a media big story, but still it matters. I'm surprised it hasn't moved more. But when I was doing this this presentation, I said, the problem with the left is that they're nuts, and nobody wants the nuts. And that is more and more starting to show up. That's becoming more and more of a storian, more and more of a wild card conversation. Does America think the Left is crazy? Do they think that they are these wild radical communists which they are unquestionably, unquestionably are, Which brings us back to this guy, Julian Epstein and the argument he's making this is from Fox News.
Speaker 14: My piece in the New York Post today basically says that I'm jumping ship, that I am going over to the Republican side in the Michigan Senate race, and I'm supporting Mike Rogers. And this is because I think the Democrats have gone off the deep end. I think the lunatics are in charge of the asylum.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 14: There is no room in the tent for people that want to destroy our constitution. There's no room in the tent for people that want to align themselves with radical Islam. There's no room in the tent for people that want to align themselves anti Semitism. And there's no room in the tent, I think, in my view for people that don't have any interest in building for the next generation, but only want to redistribute what others have created.
Speaker 2: Now that is something that you and I would wholeheartedly agree with. They don't want to build, they don't want to create. They actually have no plan for building, no plan for creating. They only have a plan for taking. And we've discussed this before. These DSA people are children. They're little boys and little girls. They're violent little boys and girls. But when it comes to mentality, they can't back up their own statements, they can't back up their own actions. They just want to win so they can utilize the power to take from you. Everything about them is forced. They don't believe in togetherness, they don't believe in unity, they don't believe in the collective. They never have, they never will. They believe that they have to get what it is that they want. They have to get it, and they will get it by any means necessary. They do not care what force has to be used. They don't care who they have to hurt. It means absolutely nothing to them, nothing at all. So this is in a stude observation that they don't create. And that was this guy Julian Epstein and I found the article there at the New York Post. I'm a longtime Democrat fighting for GOP's Mike Rogers and my party's soul in Michigan. I wonder if this applies to other Democrats, and does it apply to justin Michigan Democrats who have no interest in voting for this rabbid anti American abdul l si ed? Does it apply in other parts of the country.
Speaker 14: And want to basically tear down the free market that has been the most effective anti poverty liberation machine that human beings have ever invented. If you want to start taking these lunatic positions, then I'm.
Speaker 3: Just not going to be part of it.
Speaker 2: And I suspect more this isn't about me.
Speaker 14: I suspect you're going to see a large group of Democrats starting to defect. And I think this is what you're watching in real time. Here is a party that is jumping off a cliff.
Speaker 3: Now let's say that that is true.
Speaker 2: We then take a look at the generic ballot and we say these two things are in conflict. No, I don't believe one poll. I'm looking at an amalgam of poles. If I take a look at the last eleven polls, Democrats at the least are up by three, at the very very least. In all the generic polls, the Democrats are up. What I had argued when it was plus three, plus four, plus five is that that's not enough. That is not enough to guarantee control of the House of Representatives. It's just not I think Democrats have given up on the idea of control of the Senate. I really do.
Speaker 3: They're not in a great place.
Speaker 2: But if I take a look at all of it, up plus seven is in a better place. And that is in conflict, direct conflict with what it is. Julian Epsteina is saying here, So what's right? In what's wrong? I'll point you to two things. Number One, if we take a look at the polling in Michigan. Right, we take a look at that Senate race. Right, the primary race in Michigan. They had Abdul el Sayed up massive. Let me give it to you. This was el Saied versus Haley Stevens. Right primary, we just saw. This was the last three one, two, three, four, five, six, last seven, no, last six. In the last six polls, Stevens was up in one of them, and then El Sayed was up in five by double digits, which to the Real Clear Politics average, having l Sied up ten point two. Right, never, you can throw out the top and bottom one. We can do that again. It was l Sayed up by double digits by ten points, was the average.
Speaker 3: He won by one point. Do you know how off you have to be?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, never mind it, never mind anybody's politics. We agree on things, we disagree on things. Who cares. Let's take a look at the pollsters, a series of different polling outfits. They all had l Sayed up by double digits. He won by a point. That is missing the mark up thirteen up sixteen, up ten up, fifteen up fourteen. That's without that poll that Steven's up by seven, which in that average they had l Saied up by thirteen points and he won by a point. Is possible that the polling on the generic numbers that have the Democrats up by seven are equally skewed, equally flawed, equally wrong. Because if that's the case, Republicans take the House. I can't guarantee that, though all I can do is look at the numbers, and very often a number needs to be looked at multiple ways. The people who want the story that they want will read the top line. The people who want to understand the story will actually dig in. I have got Democrats who have a story writing in the New York Post or that they're leaving.
Speaker 3: The Democrat Party.
Speaker 2: And I've got numbers from the last big race where everybody was paying attention and l Sied wins by.
Speaker 3: A point when you're supposed.
Speaker 2: To win according to the last five polls by thirteen. That's a story. So the first question is do we believe the polls at all? Not necessarily, but now the same question gets asked'ce the part two?
Speaker 3: Do we believe the people?
Speaker 2: This guy putting the video out there with Fox News, writing the article in the New York Post, Okay, that's his story. Is that all the stories? Well, I did have a second guy who said he wasn't gonna vote for else. I ed, well, that's Michigan and that's the center race. Is that the story and Toto that they won't vote for the bigotry, they won't vote for the jew hate, they won't vote for the America hate, they won't vote for the communists, they won't vote for this stuff. Is that the story across the board? And I can't answer that yet, but that could very well be the difference maker that I was correct in The thing that is most motivating in this election won't actually be the economy. Okay, it wasn't correct about that part. The economy usually is the most motivating factor. It's the fact that these leftists are nuts and nobody trust them. Is that becoming the main motivator? That's what we're gonna start watching for. Keep it here. It's Tony Katz today. The Senate avoids the shutdown. I am as shocked as anyone else. Tony Katz. Tony Katz today and absolute pleasure will see what the House does. But the Senate, they decided over the weekend to allow for funding of the government until December eleventh, averting the shutdown before the midterms. They send the bill to the House, they go on a five week recess, which sounds lovely right about now, Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, I don't know what the House is going to do. The story here is that Chuck Schumer and Senate Democrats didn't want the fight, and the only reason they didn't want the fight is that it was not going to benefit them. They don't they don't actually care about the things they care about, the power, and they wouldn't mind shutting it down and hurting a whole lot of people if they thought it was going to get them some power. Not because that really opposed There is no real opposition to any of these things. But the fact that there wasn't tells you a story that this shutdown thing didn't work for them. Didn't work for them, and just like we're talking about the midterms, they made the calculation that would be valueless, as a matter of fact, harmful. So government stays open at least for another couple of months. Find everything at Tony kats dot com. I'll catch you tomorrow. Everyone, take care