Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to a new episode of The Frames per Second Podcast. My name is Kenneth. Bean's joining me on the show. We have Spike with Mike and Rod.
Speaker 1: What up? What man?
Speaker 3: We're doing an anniversary.
Speaker 2: You know, we've been doing more of these and we're here to talk about the forty year old version movie that released in two thousand and five.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize it was that. Oh. I knew he was doing an anniversary, but I ain't know it was twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 3: I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Man, BROB. Sometimes I'll be hating this shit.
Speaker 4: Bro because I was looking at at the movie, I'm like, is this like this like a they did a retro thing in the movie.
Speaker 5: I'm like, no, this is actual time.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: It was just like it looked like it for real, Like you know what I'm saying. I thought it was just you know, like, oh, we look at movie from the seventh.
Speaker 4: Time as a time capture and this is the actual time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For those of you that are unfamiliar, it's a two thousand and five American romantic comedy film directed by Judd Appatoe and this is directorial debut and it was produced, uh he produced with Clayton Townsend and SHAWNA.
Speaker 1: Robertson.
Speaker 2: Features Steve Carell, who's a forty oo original course, and it also stars Paul Rudd, Romany Malcom and Seth Rogan. And then there's also a little cameo appearance by Oh Boy Ship super Bad Jonah Hill.
Speaker 1: Jonah Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he was the eBay employee eBay customer that came in. Yeah yeah, which funny that little small road stood out, you know, which I'll get it today anyway, but yeah, he's trying to lose his virginity. And it also stars Katherine Keener who's his love interest. And he actually got this before, got this role after this performance and anchorman the Legend of Ron Burgundy and then inspired Apatode to cast him an elite role and they actually rolled it together so going around the room man, and it actually did well. It grossed over one hundred and seventy seven million worldwhile on a twenty six million dollar budget.
Speaker 3: Damn they was on fire though.
Speaker 2: Now this was kind of like the beginning of all of these guys. Yeah, yeah, Seth Rogan wasn't really Seth Rogan then, uh, ant Man wasn't really a man, I don't think.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A lot of these guys were new bro like this is kind of what started to really kick them.
Speaker 4: Off because the office his started though, right I think this was pre office, is not after office. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I was just about to look that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, check that out because but anyway, going around the room, I guess I guess we need to do a check real quick.
Speaker 3: Mike, have you ever seen watched this movie? All right, Spike, I have watched it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I did enjoy it back in the day, but it is not aged well at all for me. Interesting almost like I've outgrown this style of comedy. It's just too over the top and it made me. It made me wonder like I used to like Pineapple Express a lot, Anchorman, I used to like a lot, what's the one where he was streaking naked?
Speaker 1: Will Ferrell?
Speaker 3: Old School?
Speaker 4: Like all of those I used to really enjoy. But now looking at this, I wondered if I went back.
Speaker 3: I got Old School on DVD.
Speaker 4: I wondered if I went back at watch Stone, what I still enjoyed because old School was I do remember being funny, but I don't know if I enjoy in of that now.
Speaker 2: I haven't watched it in years, but yeah, I did enjoy that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You've said this right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad that I'm looked it up because this alpha is actually after this March twenty four, two thousand and five. I didn't realize that this kicks kicked that off because I had I didn't hut, I didn't need it. Yeah, I didn't know that like them. Yeah, because Office ended in twenty thirteen and it started five, so I had to. I didn't see this when it came out. So maybe maybe that's why I got It's blurry for me because I think I watched The Office before I watched this movie, and but no, I thought it was funny. But I think by this time I was a Steel career fan, and so yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was I thought it was funny as hell. I still thought it was funny.
Speaker 4: Did it y'all? What did y'all watch it Prime? You watched it on Prime Prime? I watched it on Netflix. Did y'all have the Kevin Hart scene?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't have to.
Speaker 5: They didn't have the Kevin heart.
Speaker 3: Scene on Netflix. What, Yeah, it's not on there. Yep, they took that out.
Speaker 4: That's interesting to look up. And I looked it up. They said it was the unrated version. It was the unbrated version. It was in the original movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought, because whenever I watched it on had a regular version for free, and then the unrated version you had to pay. So I was like, I'm not paying. So I watched the regular version and Kevin Hart was in that one.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, So I don't know, yeah, yeah, it wasn't in the Yeah, whichever one you did. Yeah, when I watched, I think, damn, Now, y'all got me thinking it wasn't on Prime.
Speaker 3: I don't whatever. I don't think it was Netflix. Yeah, maybe it was.
Speaker 4: And I think what you're saying it was two different parts. It was two different versions. The whatever one I watched didn't have Kevin Harden And you said you watched which one.
Speaker 3: A regular version? Because I wasn't paying for the unrated interesting? Yeah, yeah, And I was already like, I don't know what this movie is and it looks fucking stupid, so I'm not paying three dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, you don't like Super Bad. I don't even know super Bad, but I can tell I'm not gonna like it. You don't like this, you ain't gonna like Superman.
Speaker 4: I play super Bad better done than this. Though this was just like old white Man comedy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly how it felt, too white Man. It was still I was still.
Speaker 5: It was like two.
Speaker 3: Parts I laughed at I think I lived one time.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's a cute story. Though I thought it was creative, Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: It ain't funny, Yeah, I thought it was an interesting story.
Speaker 5: Damn, I thought.
Speaker 3: That was funny made bro. I was like, how is this only an hour and a half. I feel like I've been here for three days? I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was still part of it. That's still for me. I was still I don't feel like some of some of the jokes and stuff. I may have I grown, but still, I think for the most because I haven't watched this movie in a long time, and I remember the first time I watched it, I did like it and laugh at it, you know, but even the rewatch, I.
Speaker 1: Was curious to see how I would respond.
Speaker 2: Being there this twenty years later, But I would rod I was still laughing at y'all.
Speaker 3: Didn't laughing at the fucking the wax ship. I rolled my eyes because that used to be really funny to me.
Speaker 5: Like I remember that being one of the scenes.
Speaker 4: That was one of the scenes when I first watched, and it's like, no, this is hilarious. I was watching it. This sounds like I feel like they would trying to keep themselves. I feel like they were like, how we do Martin. I feel like they was trying to hold their last.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about that, And I haven't been about this. My wife told me that that that he really did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, y like that's saying.
Speaker 4: I think it was a shock for everybody, like this motherfucker really about to do this, and yeah, it was a real moment.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that until she said it because we were walking together and she was like, no.
Speaker 1: He really really. I was like, what he really?
Speaker 2: And knowing that, I was like, oh my god, I was like and I was like, oh, Ship, but his the first time he cussed her out.
Speaker 1: And then she was like stoped at like a bitch or something.
Speaker 4: She said, yeah, y'all, y'all, man, I know I get Mike because Mike said he don't like super Bad or it said that he wouldn't have watched super Bad.
Speaker 2: All right, So so we can't get introduced to everybody in the beginning to work at the store or whatever. So this whole revelation comes out when they at the poker game and they're telling their little stories or whatever. But Mike, you didn't laughing at the story he told about which story his fate set story that he told.
Speaker 3: Like so he used to do it so nasty, like.
Speaker 5: He said, felt like saying that's wait, and.
Speaker 3: He riding his little bike on sand bags. It just very much felt just typical to me. And this is this is what I feel like every white comedy is like.
Speaker 5: Man and then the other dudes that go fucking goat. I thought that ship was funny.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the little.
Speaker 3: He just you talking about the Indian guy.
Speaker 5: Indian guy. Oh man, He's like, why keep telling me, go fucking goat man?
Speaker 1: The black guy was actually he had good.
Speaker 3: He was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was really good here.
Speaker 2: And then they kind of went back and forth because I think he like they were being racist towards each other, and he caught them like saying people or something like that, and he was like then they apolock, they kind of made up or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a lot of that early ship, but you.
Speaker 2: Didn't like when he was saying, oh me so horning me.
Speaker 3: Damn bite.
Speaker 5: Your face looking at it too. You gotta take yourself back.
Speaker 3: Well, ship found time. I was telling my girl about it and she was like, you didn't laugh at all, and I was like, look, the only white comedy that I've ever thought was hysterical funny is American Pie. So it's not like I'm like trying to pretend I'm sophisticated. American Pie is nothing but dick and fart jokes. You don't like super Bad, I feel like if you like American.
Speaker 2: Pie, Mike has been pretty consistent, but ship like this, he is never like.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen super Bad, but I think they might be confusing when I said I saw a hangover and I did not find any of that ship funny, like this is ridiculous, Mike Tyson, I don't even remember Mike Tyson being oh, I was crying.
Speaker 4: Litteral tears when he was doing to feel Collins, you know, said none of this Because now these fucking assholes on Patreos, I ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: How about that's funny?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so anyway, but what are your thoughts just about how they just got here and the motives for trying to get him, you know, to losers for gently and the different things that they went through.
Speaker 3: It was triggering because people did that to me when I was in high school. I think he did it all of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody probably went to everybody figure Joe was sucking early. Everybody went through that, everybody. I don't even know if it was like a lame thing. It was just like it's just it's just one like early stages of childhood.
Speaker 5: That's something that you.
Speaker 4: Kid, would you know, you tease people with you know what I'm saying. It's one of those things. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He said, your dick is my dick.
Speaker 4: It was talking like it was older kids. What's so your peer group though, Like, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was, yeah, it was my peer group NERD in high school. You know, you didn't go to puy like this like this the hole at the top of the bottom. I didn't been like what the whole.
Speaker 3: Said that to you?
Speaker 4: For real? Like this, Like no, it came I was like, that's disrespectful. Even the girls to do it though, that's what that was crazy. I remember girls with like tease boys about that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah man ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then we're on, bro, I am moving on my.
Speaker 2: Right nothing because you'll not about to need to drop me. Have me say something full of.
Speaker 6: Mind shout out the bro pull back like five. You know what, No man.
Speaker 1: There were You know, this is a super long move.
Speaker 2: This is a long movie for a very simple thing. So they did stretched the movie out for no reason. It's not really a lot here in terms of just a movie and stories.
Speaker 1: Really, he just meets his girl.
Speaker 2: But prior to that, you know, there were a lot of different attempts that they tried to use h to get him to basically lose his virginity. So there was a speed dating thing that happened, whether coworking set up speed dating, and there were a lot of different encounters and mismatters.
Speaker 4: I laughed at that. That's what I wouldn't have was out there. He was just like he was just like I didn't laugh at that, Ike, you gotta light up.
Speaker 3: I didn't laugh at the outtrying to look at who she was.
Speaker 1: I was like, you gotta know that that's brow I.
Speaker 4: Feel it, because because it's like fake, probably she probably can't feel it.
Speaker 3: Damn, oh yes you got fake. Okay, you can have They still have sensation in the nipple. I think that's what it was trying to say, though, doofy.
Speaker 5: Then it was implants. It wasn't an advanced implants.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You can as I guess maybe.
Speaker 3: That's the only person that yes, you still feel you know.
Speaker 4: But but I thought you're probably right though the early stages and all that stuff, that cosmetic stuff. I think it's it's gotten more advanced over time. But like, yeah, I don't know. It seemed like you wouldn't be able to feel that ship because then don't they put them back on and all that ship too.
Speaker 3: It depends on which type you get they go under. They can go through the side. Then I think they were doing it run yeah yeah, like yeah, so I think the advanced way is what you're talking about, going through the nipple, And just like I don't know, I don't know either way. I know that I know, at least from experience, my experience, they can still feel it. But you're probably right, that's what they were alluding to because that was the joke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but either.
Speaker 5: Way, I didn't laugh.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, what about because jut up Apatos, who's I think that's he made the move? No, no, no, no, I'm sorry. At Man's character, Paul, I always like Paul, Yeah, what about what about him? Because he we learned more about his relationship that he kept talking about, like we see his Asian woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't understand that. I was just like, that's the from the office. Yeah, she's from the office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's apparently a comedian.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, yeah, but you know, I guess this was kind of weird because I didn't know if.
Speaker 1: Like she she.
Speaker 2: Was making it seem like she was being stalked, but then it seemed like she was also kind of going along with it, you know too.
Speaker 1: But he had a complete meltdown in the store when he.
Speaker 3: Had the camera and doing that was kind of funny. Yeah, he was, he was fucking losing it.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, then you have the bookstore incident where he talked to the girl Nikki, you know, so I thought they had actually set him up with her to talk to her, until we found out later that she's just you know, just out there and just kind of like crazy.
Speaker 4: We gave her a point, is that like, yo, just ask I thought that was job, just asking questions answer.
Speaker 2: But she was just like it seemed like because everything, you know, there were parts like he had been feeling at this and then he gets to her and she's like soaking like she was going along with it.
Speaker 3: So I was like, oh, they man paid her. Thought they set that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was set up, but apparently they didn't.
Speaker 4: I think he just did a good job at it. Okay, yeah, that's what that was. Had this the car scene.
Speaker 1: I was just about to go back to that r Yeah, the scene.
Speaker 4: Y'all didn't laugh at that ship either. When she was like she was playing to Missy. I'll tell your mother that was That.
Speaker 5: Was the fun that I was newting to.
Speaker 3: That was the only part that I really laughed at because I was like, I have been in that situation so many Yes.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the club when he went to the club and look up with drunk girls.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yes, because I have I won't say their names, but I have friends who think that ship was back then. They did think that sh it's funny or cool. And even back then I was like, no, that's kind of weird. But then when I started drinking a lot, I would definitely go home with drunk people and I was man, many times I was in the car with a drunk ass woman acting just like and I even had one throw up not in my mouth on me. So that whole part I was like, oh, this is super.
Speaker 5: But yes, the Missy.
Speaker 3: Park that was the part where I laughed out loud and pretty well. But I was like, come on, man, that part.
Speaker 5: Was fun She's funny. I think she's funny.
Speaker 3: She's like a known person.
Speaker 4: She has her own movie like This is forty. She she has a lother movie called This is forty. But it was after this.
Speaker 1: And having and she had him breathed the breath of.
Speaker 3: That was funny too. She said the judge says, I need this man.
Speaker 1: That was funny.
Speaker 5: That whole scene was so good.
Speaker 3: I forgot what he said something and she took offense to it, and she was just looking at him and driving and he was like, shouldn't you be looking at you? Tell me I'm pretty? Yeah, tell me I'm pretty.
Speaker 5: Tell me I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: That was that literally was a situation. I had tell me, I'm pretty It's like, are you serious? Now have you not seen Bridesmaids?
Speaker 5: No, we don't watch Is that the black one of the white one?
Speaker 1: That's the white one white?
Speaker 5: I saw something.
Speaker 3: A little bit of that one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, girls trip.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so now that that that whole ship was funny, just a card and then she crashed you like he came out of nowhere.
Speaker 5: The whole side of the street side man insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that seems funnym So then you have so then we finally get meet Trish, who basically just came on to him. You know, she's married with three kids, with a kid that has a kid, so she's a grandma grandmother too in this whole situation. But she sells uhh yeah, other stuff in the eBay store. We sell your stuff on eBay or something like that.
Speaker 4: Darcy still looks the same, like I was like, I was, like I thought she did from.
Speaker 3: What it was Darcy, Okay, I don't know that was that was the scientist girl looks like that and she does still look Yeah, she was crazy.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, yeah, yeah, and she it ain't normal for.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another one that kind of got like they're starting the movie just a random role as a as a daughter. And now look at where she's at. Yeah that was that was cat dinner. I think is her name?
Speaker 3: Ye Can? Yeah Nyah just married to Andrew w K. I keep forgetting regular black people.
Speaker 5: He said that ship confidently, party hard.
Speaker 1: Remember that song? What is it?
Speaker 3: Let's get a party starting?
Speaker 1: Remember that one?
Speaker 3: Pull him up.
Speaker 4: I gotta see my white side came out.
Speaker 3: Everybody was off, refuse, who the fuck is that my Like, oh, yeah, I've never seen this guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me find the album. I bet you never mind.
Speaker 2: But you know, they hit it off there, like chemistry and stuff like that. He was, of course, oblivious to the fact that she was hitting on him. But one thing I wanted to I wanted to talk to you guys about though, just real quick as a deside, where any of you guys tripping the fact that we were looking at DVD players and both the TVs.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, oh, ship, I feel old as fun man, because was new then.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at where we are now and like twenty years ago, like they're going in trying to buy DVD players. But yeah, that she was trippy To me, it was trippy. It was just like god man, that was the time I spent some big ass, blocky ass TVs bro Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come along with it is crazy. Yeah, So.
Speaker 2: What did you guys think, just just their overall relationship, just in general. You know, they went on a couple of dates and took him a minute to call her. He eventually did, and then they started to go on dates. They got into this whole relationship. But he's obviously, of course been reluctant to have sex. Whether ship he told her he was a version or did he play it right.
Speaker 4: I couldn't figure out what it was a big deal. I don't think that she would have judged him for it. I'm not speaking from experience, so I don't know, but.
Speaker 5: You're gonna put it out there, Mike.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that she would have judged him. Like they've grown it, they've grown as hell.
Speaker 5: Like I told this girl last week, I was a versus.
Speaker 3: Believe it.
Speaker 4: But I just I feel like she wouldn't have judged him for it, especially after like they were having good times on dates. But again, I know it's a commy. I feel like women absolutely judge you for that shit. Really, I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: If she would, because she seemed really sweet at that age is worse.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. That's probably that's why I'm asking because of the age.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I met a woman and we started dating and she was my age and she was like, yeah, I'm still a virgin, I'm out, not because like she'll never hear from me. You're I'm pulling over, like you got to get out my car. I would just like heavily religious or something, and that's all, and I'd like, I don't think we're gonna be compatible, not because specifically you're a virgin, but yeah, forty year old virgin. Yeah, I would definitely think you're getting judged a little bit because it's like, why why are you a virgin? Because that lady from Insecure is a virgin? Right who? Yeah, that's great to see. I don't know why she's a virgin. It's none of my friend too. Yeah, Molly's beautiful, but I don't know why she's a virgin. She's I'm sure she said, but she's waiting on marriage.
Speaker 5: Probably see that that means we're not meant to be together.
Speaker 3: Because if that's your thing, you might want the same amount of me, and it's like you're about you're about twenty something years too late, mam.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yeah, yeah, no, I felt I felt she definitely would have been been it. I can see him thinking that she would have definitely talked about him because the guys were talking about him. So you know, that's probably a really embarrassing situation to you know, be in for him. I mean, you know, in the beginning of the whole movie, they kind of set this whole.
Speaker 3: Thing up right.
Speaker 2: You know, he's grown as man with all these toys in his in his apartment and stuff like that. He's playing video games, he's living alone, he's riding a bike.
Speaker 3: So it seems sad though.
Speaker 4: When they did a flashback to like I have I have a wonderful life, the motheruer playing.
Speaker 5: The fucking trumpet in this room.
Speaker 1: Like no, what man. The saddest part Rob was he was doing karaoke by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, came out, Yeah can you imagine doing karaoke by yourself?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 5: And that was funny too, when he was like, you do.
Speaker 3: Karaoke by somebody? Oh the hell? You like? You know, like.
Speaker 5: Up you regular spot on Tuesday?
Speaker 3: Just doing your norm and he was doing the.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 5: It just be like subtle ship like that. That be making me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know, but nah, they have this whole relationship.
Speaker 1: I think he grows closer with the daughter.
Speaker 2: She came in and they were about, okay, Spike, what about the column trying.
Speaker 4: To put the Oh my god, that did laugh at that, but it was ridiculed, a ridiculous laugh, like come on, man.
Speaker 1: They went over the top with him putting it on his toes.
Speaker 4: And blowing it up was insane, like you did trying to No, blowing a condom up and trying to put.
Speaker 3: Them in and putting it on my ship.
Speaker 1: You never thought to do that.
Speaker 4: You've just been an expert from the jump condo. That's why they called him. Stuff wouldn't work if it blew up. How you're gonna put it, We're.
Speaker 5: Not gonna use it.
Speaker 3: We're just playing it because we're stupid kid.
Speaker 5: I thought you had before six like he was doing, and I was like, damn he was.
Speaker 3: It really was the vergu just well, I can't speak for wrong. I was just working around BECU.
Speaker 5: We're stupid kid, Yeah, of course the other way. Yeah, it's like it's got that. Yeah, my mom was a social worker, so we had him in the drawer. I was like, were these I didn't know they were even for sex?
Speaker 3: I just had no idea. We put water in them and ship you'd staying why they were slimy already? What he did on the movies like what is this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 7: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast where pressing play today taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you would like even more content, head over to Patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut Tier and our Bootleg Tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg teer where you gain different things that we review along with the random and ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to Patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed, and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, Maria busting and you know, she's like, oh, why can't you have sets?
Speaker 1: And I can't have sets? Which is a crazy ass line. Did she have the daughter?
Speaker 5: She ain't the one that had the daughter.
Speaker 3: What was the other one? I think it was, we know, I don't think. Yeah, so that was funny. Though you can have sex, I can, It's not fair. It sounds like that sounds like a conversation that sorry, white people, I love this little white kid. That sounds like a conversation out here in a white family's house. You get smacked and you get knocked the fuck out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so but you know, this kind of sets the president for the rest of the movie because they said a twenty date limit. So on the twenty date they can have sets, and you know, they start going out and stuff like that, and that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty dates.
Speaker 3: Twenty dates, that's a lot of dates. But I also understand that there's like a for a lot of women and for a lot of men too. There's a three month rule, so I guess. I guess three twenty days isn't that bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's like, yeah, you can do five, ten, fifteen, so maybe a little bit more to get to that number.
Speaker 3: That's six days so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm the double up, like at least go out twice a week a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mid week date, weekend date.
Speaker 4: So y'all have never went in relationships like not thinking about like the six like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't put a number on it, though you will.
Speaker 4: I would be turned off if she'd be like twenty dates or ninety days. It's like, I wouldn't be worried about it, but I wouldn't want to get to put a.
Speaker 1: Number on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay with it. Yeah, they were like yeah, because I wouldn't be like, yeah, I have a three month rule.
Speaker 5: That's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Anybody ever had to say that to me. But like, I mean, like they tell us by.
Speaker 4: Day one, yeah, to keep the I'm not aggressive.
Speaker 5: I'm not either, Yeah, exactly, how as it comes what.
Speaker 3: Bro, That's why they tell them you can get it as.
Speaker 4: It comes, like it ain't like that's just the same thing you just said.
Speaker 3: Not Damn, I didn't say nothing about that.
Speaker 4: I'm not like ros I'm not aggressive either, Like it ain't a thing for me.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, so that's what they're doing, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh Maria goes to uh clinic because they want to for a birth control and this where and the confesses this was funny about being a virgin, the little Jewish the Jewish daye.
Speaker 3: He to looked. I don't know if I had this was like in mind, like what happened?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: They were sitting around around because you had to do something.
Speaker 2: They were laughing at her because she said she was a virgin, and all the kids in there were having sets and stuff like that. So and it was a it was a Jewish family there in the movie that they were talking back and forth.
Speaker 3: The kid was kind of clowning too. He tried to act like he had a big oh yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah I did see this part, he said, you got.
Speaker 2: Yeah so uh so yeah, David, who is uh Man? So it was an emotional breakdown, you know, over his ubsession with Amy.
Speaker 1: So he's spiral out of control. He takes a bob celeibency.
Speaker 2: Uh and of course he gets the Andy gets his job from Paula, who at this point now she's trying to be the fuck buddy and from this moment she tried to yeah, like she was trying to give it to him.
Speaker 3: She said, I'm very street. I was waiting. She looked like that that woman from the Rocky movie. Oh yeah, yeah, she was a big woman.
Speaker 4: She's played that role before though, like she did that in another movie. She did what it was I can't remember it either, but no, she's good. She's a comedian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they pretty much all these people in here were comedians.
Speaker 1: Bro. She helped trying bro.
Speaker 4: Like over and it was so it laid up to it. It was so solid, and she just did the reveal.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so that that was that was a good element they added to to the movie as well. And then we get to uh uh the oh and then you know, at this point j girlfriend come.
Speaker 4: In, Yeah, like you check your bitch, something like that, hold your whole tupid dog.
Speaker 2: Man in the black saying he was doing that's the second time he did it in this movie, because he did it at the club too, I think, you know, but he was like, you need to check your bitch.
Speaker 4: I was. It was just before the office, because he did that in the office too. Yeah, this is before the office. Oh man, office is good, saying he got a whole diversity class and he talked in the office that was some of the funny ship you ever seen.
Speaker 3: On Office is funny?
Speaker 2: Bro. Yeah, but he so so Yeah, Jay's in the back and he's just crying.
Speaker 3: He said, I'm so cold.
Speaker 1: I don't know why this ship was funny to be Oh man, I'm so cold. And he said, well, why do you keep cheating? He said, I'm insecure.
Speaker 2: I thought that was actually kind of dope though, to kind of have like you see like a lot of this toxic behavior from from the the the men in this movie, and then in this you know, rare moment, you have him kind of saying that the reason why I'm doing these things that I'm insecure and who I am not into comedy, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if a lot of.
Speaker 2: People don't pick up on that sort of thing, but I thought it was kind of dope when I was watching that they added that little small element in it.
Speaker 3: What you guys think about Kevin Hart saying, well, I don't remember it because it wasn't. It didn't stand out to me when I saw him, I forgot.
Speaker 2: He was, well the first time you watched it, didn't I think this his quick performance.
Speaker 3: I think this.
Speaker 1: Was it was yeah yeah yeah, So so I remember he went in there.
Speaker 4: He was, yeah, I remember it, Yeah, yeah, I just didn't. I just didn't get it to see it on the rewatch. But I remember because he was going back and forth about like the deal on the TV.
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah it was like, yeah, you want to meet a nigga or something like that about that, but.
Speaker 4: It was talking about big words and like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no my version.
Speaker 1: Confusing me.
Speaker 2: You throw these big words, run whatever you say.
Speaker 5: I'm okay. Yeah, I got to see this ship.
Speaker 2: Man, it wasn't they gotta be on YouTube or whatever brou it is. Yeah, but it was interesting because I don't think Kevin Hart was popping right. Yeah, but it's like Jonah Hill and Kevin Hart had such small roles in this movie but blew up yeah and kind of real standout performances when you kind of think about it, you know. So I thought that that was that was really dope that they did that. But but yeah, man, so anyway, yeah, So the moment happens, like now they're at the twentieth day, he's selling all his toys and he's making all kind of money and ship like that.
Speaker 3: Dropped out the porn too. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I forget about that.
Speaker 3: It's like, no, I don't want you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you walked out.
Speaker 2: He tried to watch it though. Oh that was trying to watch that ship but it didn't work. But anyway, and then yeah, I forgot Jay said Sets.
Speaker 1: Can run a relationship or whatever.
Speaker 2: But anyway, but it turns out, you know, she broke over him because she was pregnant and stuff like that. So anyway, so the moment happens, they're about to have sets and he freaks out, cusses her out and leaves. They have this big fight, leaves almost hooks up with Nicki, who was apparently like a freak as they put it in the movie. What do you guys think about this whole scene with with Nicky.
Speaker 3: Man was what scared him off? She was, you know, getting off with the he but yeah, that's for someone that knows him, that's probably crazy because you know, that's why Seth's character stay.
Speaker 1: I get him home.
Speaker 5: Make sure you think. I'm like, look you cool? If I stay? If you're cool, are you sober? Okay?
Speaker 3: Can I stay? Bad?
Speaker 5: Let's go do your work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Let me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Jay was like, oh yeah, he said you get it. Yeah, he was like, oh yeah, I hit it. I just never get a keyback. But but yeah.
Speaker 3: Who was Nikki?
Speaker 4: Was she like she was a popular person, wasn't she. Yeah, she don't like TV shows and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's playing and stuff.
Speaker 5: I thought she would.
Speaker 3: I look her up later.
Speaker 2: So this part, you know, I don't I don't even know. It's not even worth getting into. But I thought it was just weird that she thought he was a killer. So she left and then I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's it was that she was funny when she someone when she came to the house and bugged out because he had all the porn and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got that. You understood what she was saying.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is totally fair what you've been.
Speaker 3: You've been dating this dude and he's for giving you any kind of indication of being into sex like that. You walk in his house and this fool has a box of porn that's just out on the table. I'm like, no, something wrong with you, boy, I'm out, What the fuck? We haven't even had sex yet, and this is what you're doing. I'm out he probably was doing. That's probably why they haven't had sex. Right, So I'm out, you're not fucking me because you're watching a box who has a box full of porn? Like that Kimus because he like, I'm nuts a box. That's a big ass box. Bro.
Speaker 5: If it was like one or two videos, I'd be like.
Speaker 3: You're tripping, chill out. Everybody's got porn some way. This was a full shoe box, a shoebox. I'm not even found a shoe box. A little bit weird, but a shoe box, except this is a box. If I was dating somebody and they just never wanted to have sex, right, and I go in their house and they have a shoebox full of porn, a shoebox, that means you got at least if it's VHS, you got at least like four or five six videos in there. Ten of the most problem okay, ten videos. I'm gonna be like, why are you why you got ten videos? But you don't want to do nothing with me.
Speaker 5: You had a U haul box. You're a fucking serial killer.
Speaker 3: Crazy. That box was crazy. That box was super crazy. But I thought there was something specific that she found in the box, Like, wasn't one of the porns named something weird or something.
Speaker 4: They had a bunch of man had his own mixtape of porn and it was called such and such holes or something.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's what it was. There was a compilation video of all the best and he's like, oh, it's my friends out.
Speaker 5: I'm out. Something wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Y'all know Stormy Dames was in this.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I did not know that she want the teddy hanging out.
Speaker 2: That which it doesn't it doesn't say who she was, but yeah, she was a she was one of the porn stars.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh there was a part where they he was watching porn and.
Speaker 5: They're like, oh rum or something like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, when they locked him in the store.
Speaker 4: I think, so so that maybe that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and Jay tried to hook him up with the so Trump saw that, like I need that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, He's like, I saw.
Speaker 3: They gotta have me a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, they they he comes clean and tell the story and then they eventually do it. They got married and eventually did it.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on the musical number at the end, Agent Acquerre's Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was the other time. I laughed. It was only I was dying.
Speaker 5: I rounded back.
Speaker 3: I literally wound it back because I was like, what was that move? What was that move?
Speaker 5: All wrote is funny man.
Speaker 2: When he was singing the part in the song singing like the black people, he was all a risk was.
Speaker 5: He was it?
Speaker 1: Bro? Because I was that ship was hilarious.
Speaker 3: He was going to funk off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that what was funny it was. It was definitely a weird sort of thing to add.
Speaker 5: Transition to but it made sense.
Speaker 1: Though it worked. It worked, it worked.
Speaker 5: I forgot it ended.
Speaker 1: Like that, Me too, forgot ended like that.
Speaker 3: I was glad he ended up with the with the eBay. I liked her. She's sweet and when she came in, I was like, Okay, hot mom, you got this.
Speaker 1: He said you're a hot grandmother.
Speaker 3: I would never say that to a woman. Hell, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't even like auntie.
Speaker 3: Auntie.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't even like when you call him auntie h not now Yeah, because it indicates that you're older. Yeah, they don't like it, older and washed. Like it's like with somebody. If somebody call you, would you be who it was a little younger at the store? Hey, give me all my football team, I'd like, no, motherfucker no.
Speaker 5: But it isn't something I ever called it.
Speaker 3: I never thought about it. I have no reason to call a woman aunte unless he's really my aunt.
Speaker 1: Some commentary.
Speaker 2: I want to see what you guys think about this as we could start to close out, and then I have one more question before we get out of here. Best romantic comedy of the two thousands. This is what Eric Abros from Complex and Josh Wiggler MTV News wrote, and Eric Abris said it is the best romantic comedy.
Speaker 1: Of the two thousands. That's the Witch. So I guess we would have seen a lot of two thousand comedies.
Speaker 3: But it's up there. You think it's up there? Yeah, it's up there? Really this movie? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: This is funny.
Speaker 5: I think I think's right.
Speaker 1: I think I think it holds up and I think, well, I'll get to that part.
Speaker 3: Hitch is better than this, right?
Speaker 5: Oh hell no, Hitch not better than this.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Will Smith, I never saw it, but I can't imagine it's better. Is way better than this?
Speaker 2: Way better?
Speaker 3: No Hitches.
Speaker 1: I wasn't either, but I'm not surprised. Give me the hitch.
Speaker 3: Bether than forty old version for your version.
Speaker 4: They had all these comedians in them. They were funny like this had an all star cast.
Speaker 5: Look at what all these people are today.
Speaker 3: They were all star cast at the time, Will Smith, that's what guy. I don't know who else is.
Speaker 1: So I'm on a really.
Speaker 3: Pretty lady they played it bro.
Speaker 2: Hitches twenty Okay, so Spike, you're not too off into proposing that it sounds crazy, but it's not as crazy as it sounds. So I'm on IMDb dot COM's list twenty Your version is twentieth on the list, forty on this list and uh and uh oh did I say twenty ye old version? Forty old version on this list is in the twentieth spot. Hitch is actually twenty third, three spots behind. It shouldn't be so, but the metal score ratings are different.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some of the other ones I know, you know, uh that they have on here that are notable. How to lose a guy in ten days. Brown Sugar is eleven, that's one, and then in the top ten you have my big fact Greek wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't think of every yeah, they really do.
Speaker 2: Like it was real popular, made in Manhattan, which was another really popular one. I like that Sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 1: Serendipity.
Speaker 3: There's no black films are here at all.
Speaker 2: Huh not in the top ten. No, that was eleven on this list. I'm looking at Okay, What Woman Won't is number one, and then you have the Wedding Planner and then uh, Bridgie Jones Diary and Serendipity, but that's on im dB.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I like Knocked Up too. You like Knocked Up came out two years later. Yes, I think it's that one.
Speaker 3: Was kind of funny, that where she was like butt neck it on the on the on the the beat or whatever.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's the new one. That's that's a that's a That one was kind of funny, and it's not Jeff, you're talking about hard feelings. No hard feelings, that's what you're talking about that recently, right, Yeah, Okay, this one had Catherine he he Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing that said I don't know.
Speaker 2: It says it's the most influential for shifting the comedic Zeit guys from nan to intellectual, from screwball to sensitive, and from hyper masculine too hilariously, honest, did you guys get this movie.
Speaker 3: Alone?
Speaker 4: Came poly was good too. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 5: There's something about me now that's now when I put up against this. Yeah, but see that's not.
Speaker 4: Too yeah, yeah, but yeah, that's definitely up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only other thing that I have.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you guys about this because I was thinking about what I was watching it. So do you think they could get away with Is this movie offensive in twenty twenty five? Yes, with some of the you think they can get away they had. They had the jew row comment, which they.
Speaker 5: Were from a Jewish right. I think that's fine.
Speaker 3: They had the gay jokes that was in there. What was the gay jokes?
Speaker 2: You remember, like, oh, you know how I know you're gay because you do this? You know I know you're gay, back and forth. But they had a lot of gay jokes, even though they was like, oh, it's okay to be gay, that's fine, Like because I think they said that to him at the table.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if your gay is fine, there's no problem. I don't even think that one would be bad.
Speaker 2: So I don't think they were like homophobic. They had a trans woman in here, but I don't even think that that was.
Speaker 3: That was offensive. Okay. Oh, I can't speak for trans people, but I would think that they would find that part offensive because they were constantly like, you know, it's a guy, right, that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then I think they alluded to Jay. They said Jay had sets with her in some.
Speaker 4: Kind of way or something like that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't super offensive because they did I don't know, did it right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sweet guy?
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't think this would fly. I don't think that part would fly.
Speaker 4: I don't think they did it in a way where it was like they would seek on it, but like he didn't to be disturbed.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: No, it just seemed like that's the thing it was.
Speaker 2: It was weird because it seemed like they would say something, but then they would also come back and say it's okay in a weird sort of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think they're kind of being sorry, it's okay if you're gay, I mean, just say you're gay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know guys. I don't know, because like Steve whatever his name is, Steve Croll's character in the film was like very much bothered by the fact that was a trans woman. Yeah, he was like, you sent me up with a trans woman.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so that was in there. Of course, Steve Correll's black scent that he did multiple times.
Speaker 5: I think that would work.
Speaker 3: They can get away. I think they can get away with that ship white people get movie, I want to say. And I think that was part of the joke, is that it's kind of supposed it should be offensive. I don't think they'd get in trouble for that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the other one I kind of wrote down was just some of the black jokes. So you have the Indians and the black guy kind of going back and forth and some of the things that they were saying to fucking go. I think one of the guys said, where your son is born, already be on parole.
Speaker 3: Mike's laughing because his homeboy said to him when they were working some.
Speaker 5: Races, shit, be funny, man. They be thinking that.
Speaker 3: One was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Jokes each other, so it's almost that was but it's just you know, everything, but that.
Speaker 3: Ship right there. I think that could still fly. Okay, I think as quote unquote woke as you are, I think the only thing that they might have to take out would be that trans joke. I think everything else is probably fair game, right. I don't remember.
Speaker 5: I don't remember watching it and being like, that's bad.
Speaker 3: Take just the transpart.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but anyway, Yeah, that's that's that's that's all I have.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it'd probably be another twenty years while watch it, but you know, but yeah, you know, it was still funny, just kind of going back and rewatching it, and I see why it's people still hold onto it.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting seeing where everybody's at now.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so all of them are stars now, you like, all the American pimes are just just that first one.
Speaker 3: Man, that first I mean, we still quote the part where they're in the bathroom and that then that motherfucker was shipping.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm still in tears every time that scene comes on.
Speaker 4: The past scene is still like I remember it the first time I saw it, Like I was little like tears.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like, dude, he's really putting his dick in a pie?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You try? No, Wow, because you're afraid one of your friends. But I don't like warm fruit, so I don't eat I don't like warm either, I get it.
Speaker 5: No, it's not even that. I'm just thinking. I'm like, do I Yeah, I think I like apple pie warm.
Speaker 3: I think that might be it. I never thought about the fact that warm. Yeah, I do you have your cherry pie?
Speaker 4: Cherry pies? Actually I thought it was pretty good. Yeah, cherry pie is actually pretty good warm.
Speaker 3: Try to cherry pie like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Anything?
Speaker 4: Uh man, you said that you're coming it all in the week. But I saw fucking calling by your name to my fruit. We can't talk about that, Patreon. I know I've been saying. I was just saying I saw were talking about fruit. I was like, you might want to you might want to close that off. You're saying, call me by your name and fruit.
Speaker 2: Huhm.
Speaker 3: You know that's like a slur for day people. Fruits.
Speaker 5: Oh, I saw coming by her name speaking of fruit.
Speaker 4: But you know, trying to say, I'm just saying that I know stuff you're talking about fruits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the MIC's hot. I lost.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody listening, man, let us know, does this movie hold up for you guys, and what did you think about it? If you haven't watched it, man, you want to watch this before and then.
Speaker 1: Come back and listen to the review.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think and let us know what some of your favorite scenes are from this movie.
Speaker 1: So we'll at you guys. That's time we at peace.
Speaker 3: P