Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to another episode of the Firm Second Podcast. I'm here for the evening.
Speaker 3: My name is Mike, and with me I have Kenla.
Speaker 2: Also I have Spike what Up? And also I have Rod What's Up?
Speaker 3: And y'all might hear punkast Doc pop on here every once in a while, but ignore his ass because he'll know ship because today we talk about some real ship mortal Mortal Combat too. I'm gonna go ahead and get the worst opinion out of the way.
Speaker 2: Spike, what did you think? I'm Mortal Combat too?
Speaker 1: And I thought they was troubling me bro crazy, Like why did Butcher act like this? Like why was it so over acting?
Speaker 2: Is that things like.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I saw? They almost piqued my interest.
Speaker 4: Katana's story was interesting, Like with the Dad, I thought all of that stuff at the beginning, it was cool. I didn't know anything about this world. I just, like Dayla said, I picked the characters that I played more to combat. I didn't know any lord to it. Okay, so to see some of this was actually cool. To know the thing about the tournament and all of that that, like, it was actually cool. But I just feel like the acting was so bad, like and they were trying to do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were trolling us, like it was a skin or some shit, like it was wild. So now I could have done my whole life but never seeing it.
Speaker 4: And then somebody had to nervous say, oh, you got to see the rest of them, Rob, I'm never watching water come back again in my life.
Speaker 2: You damn.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Well Rod?
Speaker 5: You agree him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I agree? I mean you're going, what were you expecting when you went to this movie? So you've never seen that, So.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what to expect, to be honest with you, that was the thing.
Speaker 4: And what I had a hard time coming to Grips where Rod was like just the tone.
Speaker 1: Of the movie.
Speaker 5: It was throwing me, August.
Speaker 4: I couldn't understand that they were trying to be serious and they were like trolling.
Speaker 1: I didn't make me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I go into these movies.
Speaker 6: Knowing what to expect, man, honestly, Like it's and I think I said this somewhere else, like with this Water Coombat storyline, it's hard.
Speaker 5: To not be corny in moments.
Speaker 6: It's just it's just it's hard not to be with all these all these movies, Street Fighters, all of these like it's gonna be corny because it's corny story. Yeah, I think these games came out like there, whether it's eighties not like nineties, like early late eighties not early nineties. Like this, it was corny, like the stuff that was happening was corny, but you you fell in love with it, you submitted to.
Speaker 5: It even more to come at When I first saw it as a game, I was like, what the hell is this? It looked it looks stupid, But then over time it just became this cult classic and.
Speaker 6: But nah, yeah, I like I like how it doesn't always take itself seriously.
Speaker 5: I mean I think if it did, I would probably hate it.
Speaker 6: But because they don't take it that seriously, I actually have a little fun with it or whatever.
Speaker 5: And it's you know, there's some.
Speaker 6: Nostalgia there too, when you see certain characters, there's certain.
Speaker 5: Moves and all that type of stuff. So yeah, man, I thought I thought it was a fun time.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I'm not saying it's a great movie and everybody should go see it.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that, you know, I knew what I was going into, and.
Speaker 2: I kind of had fun with it, Ken, did you have fun with it?
Speaker 1: I enjoyed a lot of the fighting.
Speaker 7: I had to dismiss the story and just look at the attempt at writing the story, you know, for what you know kind of what maybe what what Rob was saying is that, you know, it's I think they're they're trying to make up stuff in between, Like these guys have backstories, but now they're trying to really connect all of this stuff together in a way that makes sense for a viewing audience, but it's also fans service for people that played the game as well. You get a chance to see these guys you grew up playing, you know, on screen, similar to like five Night at Freddy's and another horror movie that I watched that I thought was awful, but people that played the game thought it was great. I can't think of the name of it, but I watched the last last last year about some dudes stuck in some blood.
Speaker 1: Or something like that, but I can't remember what it was, but yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 7: He was in a ship and he was surrounded by or being attacked by some blood or something.
Speaker 1: I look up the name.
Speaker 7: But but you know, I think they did a good job of just getting straight.
Speaker 1: To the fighting and that was that.
Speaker 7: So but I am with with Spike on Johnny Gage's character.
Speaker 1: His character was it's weird to me. But outside of that, I thought it was I thought it was fine. I didn't really expect much going into this.
Speaker 3: Out Uh oh, Jalen, are you here to say, Oh, that's not Jalen, that's Spikes with a camera. I'm with Rod like so, I put these movies in the same category as I put those Transformers movies. They're fucking terrible. They are absolutely terrible, but I have a great time. I knew exactly what to expect with this movie because I just rewatch the first one and was reminded of how much I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: It's a good time.
Speaker 3: I think that they have no other choice but to make these kind of stupid and hoki because you're you can't. If they tried to make it serious, it would be fucking terrible. It would be terrible and not even enjoyable. So I had a good time.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: From the second I sat down, I was like, Okay, I'm back in this world, and this is fun.
Speaker 4: I agree with If I had known that going into it, like stupid and hokey. Then I would have been a lot less judgmental of it. Like it's like going in a scary movement and thinking you're gonna see, like a horror movie, what is going on? So that's what it was like for me because this is my first time seeing the more of combat move.
Speaker 2: Well, there's not a lot to break down here, so I'm just gonna run through this. So it starts off where we meet King Gerard, we meet his daughter Katana, and his wife Sindel. I can't remember if it's Sindel or Sindhel.
Speaker 3: Either way, he's the ruler of Edenia, and it turns out that he's the final piece that Shall Khan, the infraor of outworlds fight, needs to rule. Okay, so Girard has to fight Shao Khan in mortal combat.
Speaker 2: So what did you think of this fight between?
Speaker 4: This reminded me of a game of y you knew Spider Verse fight exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: They played all of the notes of the Viper versus the Mountain in the sense of he getting beat up. He's a smaller dude, he's faster, and he started to get the advantage and then it's like, bro, come on, start playing with me. I'm gonna bash your eyeballs in through the back of your head. But I thought they did it well. At this point in the movie, I'm interested. I'm like, oh, it's backstory to more to combat. I never knew that this is interesting to me. Like They're gonna dive deeper into this. I'm gonna get more of this and.
Speaker 3: Then psych all right, Ken, what'd you think of the fight?
Speaker 7: I enjoyed the first fight, you know, And like I said, like you, we're here to see fighting, you know, and that's that's what we want to see. And for them to come out the gates. I knew once I found out it was Katana Yell. Everybody knew it was a wrap. There's no way he's gonna win the fight, but he's gonna put up a good fight.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 7: He he did okay, and he had his moment where it looked like he was gonna win it. I think you guys described it perfectly, where he started chopping his hands up like this, that and the other. I was like, oh, ship, he sucking him up, but spending too much time stunting just going and kill them, motherfucker. You gotta turn around and do all this that and other.
Speaker 1: Get rid of them, bro right, get rid of them.
Speaker 5: He stretch and everything.
Speaker 1: By Yeah that was good. That was good.
Speaker 6: And I like the reaction of the young Katana like it was. It was like a belchie like.
Speaker 5: Scream or whatever.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and he was like you're my daughter now, like you my my daughter.
Speaker 5: That was crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That was a hell of a thing to say. I was like some I like how she didn't kneel them.
Speaker 4: I like how she was the one that was standing up and observing the situation and then it pays off at the end.
Speaker 1: I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think this started off pretty good. I think the fight was well done. I knew he was gonna lose, of course, because he's fucking fighting Chakan, so there's no way he's gonna win this. But yeah, if he had not been playing around, he might have actually won the fight.
Speaker 2: But instead, you know.
Speaker 1: Wait, how did he did he did he?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to how he killed him.
Speaker 1: I think he used the hammer and stabbed him.
Speaker 2: From stabbed him.
Speaker 1: That's rights first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, that was dope because he had the knife went through his hand and he put his hand through man, that ship was tight.
Speaker 5: That ship was tight.
Speaker 1: This dude's not on More to Combat though, right.
Speaker 2: Which dude sha Kan never made it to me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember, Yeah, I was a street fighting person, so I played More to Kombat.
Speaker 1: But I ain't even a thing. Was this the dude at me and I thought it was Goro, the dude with the four ms.
Speaker 3: Goro is at the beginning, is at the end of the first Mortal Kombat, I believe Saucon's and Mortal Kombat too. I believe I haven't played since I was in high school, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't really remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's definitely He's definitely in the game.
Speaker 5: Ok, yeah sure so yeah.
Speaker 3: So after after a really short scene where we have Katana she's like sparring with her soul sister, Jada Pinkett, then it cuts to Johnny Cage and we have Sonya and Rayden and they're trying to recruit them. So, first off was it was it cool to see everyone back? Because when they take Johnny Cage back to the U is it the Earth Realm or whatever the fuck it's called, where all of the Mortal Kombat folks are, we see all of the characters from the first one.
Speaker 2: So was it cool to see everybody back? And Ken, were you surprised that Johnny Cake said no, I'm good, I don't want to do this.
Speaker 7: It was good seeing everybody back because whatever, I really probably should have rewatched the first one because I've forgotten all of them live. So I was like, oh, yeah, he's still alive, and she's still alive and such as us still alive. So I was like, Okay, it's good seeing them back. I was like, then I'm coming back. I don't know if they're gonna make it through the second movie, but at least they came back for a sequel, So at that point I was like, Okay, it's gonna be curious to see how this plays out. But I loved the reaction from Johnny Cage, and it didn't surprise me that he said no.
Speaker 1: They did a good job of.
Speaker 7: Showing that he's he's washed up, he was a thing of the past, and that nobody was even going to his booth at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, and the last thing he wanted to do, because with that being said, like he didn't even have confidence in himself. So the last thing he was gonna do go fight in a combat to the depth. Wait, so yeah, so it made sense. I liked that part from him. What about you, Rod, Yeah, yeah, I like him too. I didn't think I was based on the on the previews I saw, but.
Speaker 5: They found a way to kind of make him work here, and I think they set him up to be the guy that he was or whatever.
Speaker 6: Sure he was corny, but I think it was oddly an effective corny, you know what I mean, Like like it takes you back to that time or whatnot, And I think he pretty much embodied.
Speaker 5: That that time or that type of character, like that last Action Hero guy or whatever.
Speaker 6: And I liked that they gave him, you know, actual backstory of you know, having several black belts and things like that.
Speaker 5: I think that helped establish his characters. So I think they did a good job.
Speaker 2: Actually, you didn't like Butcher playing Johnny Cage Spike.
Speaker 4: You know, all I saw was Butcher being like over the top person in this Mortar Kombat world. But I do have a question, y'all are saying bringing back like, so why did he not remember them? Like I came in under the impression that this had happened before. It's mort Kombat too, he knows these people. Why was it such a foreign concept to him?
Speaker 3: I was so he didn't know them, so they he wasn't in the first one, Okay got you, which which when we were reviewed it, I guess you want to I guess you weren't on it, Spike, I thought you were. But that was like part of our big issue was like the movie centered around so motherfucker we never heard of and he's not in the games, and it was like, why are you introducing this guy? But we see now it's because they wanted Johnny Cage to have more of an entrance.
Speaker 4: So so what I will say about that then, as saying the first one of these movies that I've seen, I still thought Johnny Cage was ridiculous. I didn't understand why they were wrote him that way. That that was I was in disbelief. But it did feel good to see characters that I like. Jack's Yeah, I didn't know the girl. I've never heard of her, but yeah, but she and Mortar Coombat too.
Speaker 2: She's in all the Border Combats.
Speaker 4: I've never seen her before, Like nobody wanted to play her characters. That may be what it is, but I knowing the other ones that they spoke of. I was like, Okay, this is cool. I remember these people from playing with them like a scorpion and what do you do? And then him have knowing what he does and that reveal coming out, Like I thought that was cool.
Speaker 1: But I I just hated how they roll Cage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sonya was one of the original characters.
Speaker 1: I do not remember nobody.
Speaker 2: If you and somebody picks her, it's like I'm a better feature.
Speaker 1: As I was like, I remember her being a character.
Speaker 5: Yes, son want play her?
Speaker 3: Sorry, man, Rob, Where did you think of the fight between Katana and Johnny Cage?
Speaker 6: I thought that was interesting what they did with Katana because Katana has always been like a bad person in the game, right, Like like I thought, I think it was interesting in what they did with her her character. So I was, I was, I was curious because I thought I was like, okay, so how they gonna how they gonna execute this because who was the start of the movie because they kept playing as like Johnny Cage was the start of the movie, but.
Speaker 5: Then you start with Katana. So I was just like, dang, how it was.
Speaker 6: It was just really interesting that they started with those two as the first like fight, so but nah, I liked it though. I like, I like how they did that, and Katana was she showed her as she was doing all kind of ship and I like how they use shall Khan and say finished him or whatever. So they tried to trying to throw it in there in a way that makes sense, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I was just like, oh, dun, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah they did stuff like that throughout, but we'll get to the other ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was it was Oh, it was cheap because.
Speaker 4: Even like this being the first one that I saw, was like, okay, if they starting these two people off together and these are the two main characters. They gave a little preface before when they said you don't have to kill him, so like, okay, this is gonna be the one where he don't but he don't kill him, And like, I just feel like it was very They were being very simplistic throughout the movie, and like this ain't This ain't a deep movie, bro, Like you're here for the fights and the kills, and it's kind of like what we talked about we were talking about Final Destination, Like you're not here for some deep horror plot. It ain't this the thing that got all these twists and turns to it? They fighting, the kills should be dope, you should be satisfied from that. I didn't realize that come into it. So that's I feel like that that was just my curve, my learning curve for it. But when I seen them two fighting, to your question, like, I was like, Okay, both of them gonna live because he said earlier, you.
Speaker 1: Ain't got to kill him? Damn?
Speaker 2: Did you like to fight at all?
Speaker 1: Ken?
Speaker 4: I liked it though. I'm glad you like, yeah, yea. All the fights were good, though the side stuff was different. All the fights when the kills were great.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. Yeah, I enjoyed the fight.
Speaker 7: I was concerned because it was a fight between two main characters early and I'm like, they be killing people in this in these fights, so one of them gotta die. Yeah, one of them don't die. How are they gonna pull this off? But they found a way to make it work, and then you saw the one of the flames. Uh, it's stinguished. So but yeah, you're rights fight.
Speaker 1: They kind of.
Speaker 7: Reset the ground rules for how this thing went, so it allowed them room to have fights without real consequences or stakes.
Speaker 3: So we see kwan Chi, who I don't remember if he was in the in the game or not, but he resurrects Kano and Kung Laud who died in the first movie. But after he does that, we see Sonya fight Sindel. What did y'all think of that fight? Anybody could take that.
Speaker 1: Sonya? Who's uh she was?
Speaker 2: Sindel was that's the one that that she just yelled fights coming.
Speaker 4: Up like it seems able to wind though, like she she just kept taking deep breaths for no reason, like keep keep yelling, keep yelling, go ahead and kill her.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 3: No, she was trash, super trash, and this fight was trash because it was two trash ass characters fighting because.
Speaker 1: No one did.
Speaker 4: The outcome did not matter here and the spiked room didn't make sense to me.
Speaker 1: But the random like I was like, come on.
Speaker 3: They knew this fight was trash because they and that's why they added spikes in the room, because they're like, these are two trash ass characters with trash powers. If we wait them to kill each other, we're gonna be here all day, So throw some fucking spikes in here. Yeah, this was tra but either one of them on the game. You keep trying to ignore Sonya, Yes, Sonyaw.
Speaker 1: I guess the voice girl. The voice girl wasn't on the game.
Speaker 3: She was in the game, but I just don't. I think she was in like Mortal Kombat three or something.
Speaker 5: Maybe I don't.
Speaker 3: I never played her character, so I don't know if that's her power from the game.
Speaker 2: But she was in the game. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the original characters.
Speaker 6: It's not many of them, It's just it is Johnny Cage, Kano, sub Zero Scorpion, Sonya, Blade Raiding, and.
Speaker 5: The kung Fu nigga what's his name?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Those are those are the original characters.
Speaker 1: It okay tho?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah too too opened it up for a lot more.
Speaker 3: But all right, So Katana reveals that she is actually working with Rayden, but when she reveals herself to Jada Pinkett, she dimes on her immediately, which lands her in jail with Stepdaddy.
Speaker 2: Uh was Jada? Was Jada foul for that fight?
Speaker 1: Yes, especially after all the sister stuff.
Speaker 4: And here's these gifts that I thought that I can only give to you because I love you so much and you treated me so great. But as soon as as soon as there was a I don't know if this right, like she turned on her like that may mean not like her character, but.
Speaker 3: It seemed like some ship Jada Pinket would do, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: That It seem Yeah, I've seen her and stuff before, but that that was weird that she.
Speaker 1: Played in something that I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Red Table.
Speaker 7: Talk said, so we we are family sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I knew she were. She was, you know, part of the guard.
Speaker 7: With with him, and they just developed a friendship from a young age. For further dimer out like that so quickly, I was like, god, dang man, Like you didn't even try to even listen to her.
Speaker 1: You just went and told what kind of need that? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, with the help of the ambulance, Shao Khan, Kung Loud and Kwan Chi attack the Earth Heroes and they almost kill Raidy.
Speaker 2: Were you shocked by this? Robin Raiden got his throat slip?
Speaker 5: I was. I was, well, they've been like they've been not killed Rady. I was kid man, But that that was that was like, oh ship moment.
Speaker 1: It was like oh damn, Like but.
Speaker 6: I was glad that they didn't actually kill him or whatever, because I like how they do like that some of the original characters like Raiding and Scorpion. It's like some of the guys of mortarcom But I do like that. So but no, no, it was it was like when what's his name of that came what's the name.
Speaker 1: Of that loud?
Speaker 5: Was he was dope?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he was dope. He was super dope. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I like how I like how they did he was. Was he in the first I can't remember?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he was dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was.
Speaker 7: I was shocked by by it too, because it really kind of came out out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: It was just like God, damn you see.
Speaker 5: Beaming down and stuff when he was doing like that's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I mean, you know they had mentioned that that they needed his energy and needed him or his blood or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was the energy of a guy. Yeah, it was the energy of guy. Yeah. But I was but I didn't expect it was going to go down like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how important Raven was, so I just like, Okay, they got the energy of a god that they were looking for, So what's next. The girl Jada Picktt played in You and she played in something else.
Speaker 1: So that's why I know her from.
Speaker 2: I think she was in.
Speaker 3: Uh whatever that kind of joky horror movie was that had Pete Davidson in it.
Speaker 2: I think she was in that.
Speaker 1: She was in the Last of Them.
Speaker 2: She was in the Last of Us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why I can't remember who was.
Speaker 4: But to the raid and kill, I thought that was dope, Like said, the electricity shooting out and also not knowing no lure from it, knowing that they needed energy to get from him. That made sense. I was like, Okay, I'm following. The story is making sense now.
Speaker 3: So we would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com Forward slash frames per Second.
Speaker 2: So This is when shit starts getting interesting.
Speaker 3: They have another round of the Mortal Kombat starts and we see that there's gonna be three fights. So let's start with the Black on Black crime. We see Jack's having to beat up Jada Pinkett. What did y'all think of this fight?
Speaker 5: That's the first thing I thought, Why you gotta do that?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: You gotta put whatever? That wasn't right at all. That's the first thing I thought about.
Speaker 2: Anybody could have fought Jada. This don't make no sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, a big black man versus this woman too, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did until he snatched around.
Speaker 9: He said, yeah, he said, this is gonna hurt.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he did.
Speaker 5: What you got on what you got on.
Speaker 2: This ship was so foul. Bro I did not like this.
Speaker 3: But Jacks did spare her because she earlier spared Johnny Cage, so that whole thing comes around. But after that we see what was the second fight. The second fight was our Paul, our boy Cole Young.
Speaker 1: From the first movie.
Speaker 3: He was the main character of the first movie, and he has to fight uh Sha Khan.
Speaker 2: Now, y'all, before Sha Khan even got the immortal.
Speaker 3: Thing with the ambulance, I was like, oh, he's dying because that food was not even in any of the trailers, and he was the main character in the first film.
Speaker 2: Sound was like, oh, they find to kill the ship out of coal.
Speaker 5: They ritcon that. I like anybody to get rid of him. They know.
Speaker 6: Everybody was mad about him because it was so satisfying to see him die.
Speaker 2: It was I liked him.
Speaker 1: I liked him.
Speaker 5: I didn't like it because I didn't know him.
Speaker 3: You know him now though, right, you should have went back and rewatched the first one.
Speaker 1: You might have.
Speaker 3: You might have felt bad when he died because I because he had a wife and a kid.
Speaker 5: Man, I know, I know, and I still didn't like him.
Speaker 1: Somebody somebody he was.
Speaker 3: He was a descendant of Scorpion, and I didn't like that because Scorpions didn't even care.
Speaker 2: That he just got killed. It was like, wait a minute, you're here, Yeah, that's it didn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: He thought he won too, he did, he did.
Speaker 2: Until he got he cheated. Shakan cheated when he back up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not fair to be dead. He and see that's like you said, he was the main guy in the first movie, so it makes sense for him to be able to kill him. So I like that. I like that. They they they made that make sense.
Speaker 1: But somebody ever thought run.
Speaker 5: He never was supposed to be there, man, Damn.
Speaker 1: I agree with the Yeah, I agree with the rec come part of it.
Speaker 7: But because he was a descended I was like, I was like, wait a minute, he's fighting, so I know he's gonna die. But I said, damn, they're gonna kill him off because he's a descendant. Like I thought he was important, but clearly not.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was a pretty it was a pretty good fight.
Speaker 7: Uh. I just man, it just that just felt bad for him because he thought he was going home.
Speaker 1: He went home, but somebody had to die, like you know, people living.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Yeah, this was sad.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I did not I mean I knew he was gonna die.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect him to do to do my boy like he did dirty fu head off. He smashed his whole head with a fucking hammer and then just kicked him in the fucking acid. And I was like, damn, because the whole thing is I agree with Rod. He never should have been there, and he had the wackest power of all time. His power was the more you beat my ass.
Speaker 2: The stronger. I can't his power. It's like, bruh, it's the shittiest power. Someone got to hit you over and over again for you to get powerful.
Speaker 3: This is trash. But I'll tell you what was not trash. The lu Kang versus Kung Loud fight. This shit was hard, bro, So talk to me somebody.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, nah, both of it, Like lu King showed like why he's lu king like like, and I like how they set it up and they didn't disappoint you know what I'm saying, even down to the to the kill where it seemed like he was gonna submit but he didn't and he because that that kill.
Speaker 5: Isn't that that that finishing movies in the game. I think when when the blade is going on the ground like.
Speaker 2: That and yeah.
Speaker 6: Bro, like, oh man, yeah that that was a really good ass fight, especially when he was teleporting and kicking and ship man and he was so smooth with the hat, bro, so smooth, like.
Speaker 5: Like that's what I'm saying. You're gonna have a hat, you gotta be that smooth with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This was Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think this was probably I'm trying to think probably my my favorite fight.
Speaker 1: The choreography. Everything was great. The way he used the hats and the way.
Speaker 7: He dodged the hats and all that ship was designed really really great, the use of the powers and stuff. And I'm with you ro like the way he was using that hat, Bro, he would have been cutting because and he was like he said, he said, and this was cold. He was like, I'm gonna find a way to save you. And then he been down, he said, but not.
Speaker 1: Today, not today. He jumped back and there I'm like, yeah, yeah, that was crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think this was one of the best fights of this is the whole movie, like him using the head being smooth like you said, right, looking at this is like damn, It's like the whole movie should have been more of this versus fight like give me more plants fire Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I love this fight, especially like the way Luke King was using the fireballs on the hat like the handle of lamb.
Speaker 2: He jumping the air and hit him with a fireball and the hat would go off.
Speaker 1: Course.
Speaker 2: That ship was dope. Man, That's what makes this these movies so fun.
Speaker 3: It's like, if this was overly serious and then this fight happened, you'd be like, man, this is stupid already, yeah, yeah, yeah, but the fact that it's already so Oki and goofy you buy lu king having fucking fireball kicks and able to kick a sharp ass hat and make it over, then.
Speaker 5: They were able to grab it when it's not looking at ship.
Speaker 3: I'm in the theater just grinned the whole time, like, man, this ship is so fucking stupid, but it's.
Speaker 2: Enjoyable as fuck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: So nah, this fight was This fight was awesome.
Speaker 3: So at this point, uh, they realized that they can't beat Shao Khan because he has the Ambulet and the ambulet makes him invincible, and the fact they have the Amulet is somehow making it to where Raiding has to stay in this like catatonic state or whatever. I didn't really understand the ship with the ambulant. I'm not gonna lie, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that wouldn't just been nah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if Roder can't get it, go for it.
Speaker 1: But I was.
Speaker 3: I was kind of confused about the about the amulet. But they have to get the ambulance back. They have to smash it, so they have to travel to the land of the Tarkatains.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you pronounce it.
Speaker 3: But this is where my boy Blanca is, So this is where we get the fight between Johnny Cage and Blanc not Blanca.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Baraka, What did y'all think of this fight scene?
Speaker 7: I like, huh, you said you liked Barakka?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: I like Baraka.
Speaker 6: I do feel like he could have been a little bit more serious. But I wasn't mad what they ultimately did with him. But I was expected because he looked so menacing, right with the with the face.
Speaker 5: So I was just like, man like, like, I'm surprised they went that route. I wasn't.
Speaker 6: I wasn't super mad at it, but you know, hm, it could it could have been. It could have been a little different. I will say that I was thrown off. I was thrown off. But how they how they how they did it?
Speaker 5: Because I don't know. When he walked up, he look, you look badass?
Speaker 1: Real? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I expected something a little bit more serious, but I guess up to this point, given how the movie was and Johnny Cage's characters, it kind of made sense for them to do that. I wasn't that much of a fan of it, like all these scary looking people being not so scary, even though they were scary because I think but then they want to eat them or something like that.
Speaker 1: But but it was.
Speaker 7: It was Johnny Kge just coming out party, you know, and he was talking ship. He was like, oh yeah, yeah, I accept your challenge, and he thought it was gonna he was gonna fight old boy.
Speaker 1: He was like, nah, you, I'm gonna fight you, and that's what we're gonna do. And then he finally, uh, you know, got to the ship.
Speaker 7: So but it was it was a fun fight watching it, like because I think he punched him through the house.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, multiple hell.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, you just need to retire, go home, right.
Speaker 7: Nah.
Speaker 3: This Baracco was one of my favorite characters, so I was really interested to see what they were gonna do with him. But I liked this fight scene a lot, especially like I was the only one that laughed for whatever reason when they were doing the fucking windmill shit, like five whole minutes, the.
Speaker 2: Fuck are they doing? And I just busted out laughing.
Speaker 3: But nobody else in the theater thought that shit was funny at all. I thought it was the thought it was oh good, good, because I was cracking up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: But uh nah, This this fight was great. So after all that, Baraka leads them to the castle where shall Khan is and once inside they have to do some some more fighting. So there was a fight between.
Speaker 3: Uh Lu Kang uh Lu kang Sonya Johnny Cage and they all fought and Jack's and they all fought uh out con So I do want to I do want to get Spike's opinion when he comes back. But either one of y'all, what did y'all think of this fight? Because this this one bummed me out.
Speaker 7: Oh I was trying to remember the scene. I was trying to remember. So yes, so they were going to get the at.
Speaker 2: The ambula, they knocked something out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, what I think she was pretending.
Speaker 1: I think I do too. She was.
Speaker 2: I'm not with this dude.
Speaker 1: That the way she popped back up at the end, it felt like she.
Speaker 2: Didn't until Jack's got killed.
Speaker 8: She was like, wait, no, no, solutive, he had no business trying to fight that dude with the robot r bro.
Speaker 1: Just know he ripped his arm off and then he did.
Speaker 3: No yeah, hewn it with the arm that It was so funny, was.
Speaker 5: Ship Jackson?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they have to do Jacks like that.
Speaker 1: Man. They really didn't. He was like white over.
Speaker 4: They didn't like Vietnam kidding.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was not expecting this at all. When he slammed him into the wall, I was like damn. But when he he stopped it, at first, I was like, yeah, that's my boy, Jacks. I did not expect them to fucking slam that ship through Jackson's neck.
Speaker 5: Yeah cold. I was like, damn, man. Yeah, they did Jack dirty in this movie.
Speaker 6: They They did him dirty in the last movie too, didn't They didn' They rip in the last one.
Speaker 3: Yes, some zero froze his arms and broke them off and he's in a coma for like an hour.
Speaker 2: And then he got the robot arms.
Speaker 3: But then the robot arms were all skinny, so he couldn't fight with him. He had to get his power, and his power was the arms got bigger.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do him so dirty in these movies. That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 1: The last characters you will play with no.
Speaker 2: Man Jackson was because once Jack's get you, he does that fucking slam ship.
Speaker 4: He had to get you, like if I had some zero or scorpion, like get over here, like I'm killing you every time you didn't getting close to me.
Speaker 3: Jackson was tight because he could also punch the ground and the ground with.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So Kano at this point he decides to portray Shaocan and they go down to Hell and they get Scorpion again, which we all knew that was gonna happen. But then we see Johnny Cage, Kano and Scorpion have to fight.
Speaker 2: Behind.
Speaker 3: Behind is the guy that was sub zero, but at some point he got different powers.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not really clear on this part either.
Speaker 3: Was he supposed to be smoked it seemed like, but in the game, does sub zero become smoke?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't even know what I said that.
Speaker 4: Now now that you're saying that, I'm like, okay, yeah, smoke through the smoke cloud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the in the very in the first one, like Behind and Scorpion have like a rivalry, but Behind in the first one was sub Zero.
Speaker 2: So yes, Mike. It's confusing.
Speaker 4: I don't really get what has to Is there some type of comic to this, Like where where is all this lure for this game?
Speaker 1: Lay? Is it? Are they just making it up in the movie or is it somewhere with like you, there is.
Speaker 4: A a basis for all of this lore.
Speaker 3: I honestly have no idea. I just remember playing the game and I knew all of the characters' powers. I don't remember there being like these in depth backstories. I don't remember there might like just.
Speaker 4: Like just missed it because I know with let's say Twisted Metal, Like Twisted Metal had all of the backstory. Once you beat the game with a character, it would go over the whole backstory or what it meant to the villain, all of those things, And I was like, well, did I just missed that? With more to combat? Or are they making this up? And That's what I'd be confused a lot throughout this movies, like is this is this for real?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I wanted to ask b about it, but I can't forgetting to reach out to them.
Speaker 1: Well, what did y'all?
Speaker 2: What do y'all think of the fight between.
Speaker 3: Scorpion Cano and Johnny Cage when they were fighting behind and behind was changing into like different people and.
Speaker 1: Nothing? All right? Yeah, I like this fight.
Speaker 7: I thought the way uh Scorpion handled the whole when he kept switching and phasing in and out like Nightcrawler and Ship I thought that was dope.
Speaker 1: And then he finally hit him with the get over here part.
Speaker 7: At the end, which, yeah, that was you just waiting for that, and now I felt like it delivered to who else was fighting? Oh yeah, Caano Kano was was Kano was was interesting because he got knocked off a cliffs, so he didn't really do much else after that, you know, he was just busy trying to climb up. And then uh, I still don't know how Johnny Cage managed to.
Speaker 1: To survive his job.
Speaker 7: But overall, I like to fight the behind fight though out out of all them.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 3: All right, so lu Kang and Sonya fight Sha Khan and once again Sonya gets fucking knocked out and she should.
Speaker 2: Have just not showed up, sucks man.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so Shau Khan ends up killing lu Kang and that makes Shao Kan the winner of the entire tournament.
Speaker 2: So what did y'all think of that fight?
Speaker 6: I was waiting a dragon move from from lu Kang and that ship was super dope the way.
Speaker 5: Uh that that really should have took it taken him out.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean with the immortality thing on him, it wasn't gonna do anything. But yeah, man, I like how they depicted Luke King and they made him look super dope.
Speaker 5: They made him look super dope.
Speaker 6: So yeah, and I like his exit too, like because it's like he didn't really die.
Speaker 5: He just kind of said I'd be back type.
Speaker 1: Of thing, yeah or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I like how they did that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that that was some saving saving grace for me because I was like, damn, they really they really killed off and sonya blade right there, right, I guess so, but you know, of course he can hang with with with him, so it made sense and it was you know, definitely setting up what was to happen. But uh, but no, it was a good fight. I'm with you Rod and how he was just like, yeah, nah, I'll be back.
Speaker 1: You got that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like right now, it must be it And he said a dope ass mine. It was cause they can they.
Speaker 5: Make him like a Bruce Lee character. Yeah, it's just like this real profound speaker like like that. I like how they how they portray lu Kang.
Speaker 3: I forgot what he said, but he basically he basically said that like he saw a vision or something where he's not the one that's going to kill him, but he would be back something along those lines, but I cantfront. I did not expect him to kill Lukang at all, so I was shocked when he stabbed him. But anyway, so the next scene, there's only two more y'all, Katana changes sides after seeing lu Kang die cause Sonya finally does something to help anybody, and she shoots off the little shackles that Katana has. So Katana changes sides and decides to fight for Earth Realm, giving them one more shot to win it all. And since Jada, Johnny Scorpion, and Kno managed to break the ambulant Shao Kan is now mortal again. And what did y'all think of the fight? I'll start with you, Spike, this was like the last fight. What did you think of the fight between Katana and Uhha Khan?
Speaker 4: It was predictable in the sense of like once she got the mortal thing off of him and could do her thing. I go back to when she was training with Jada Pinkett as you caught her and just show how cold she was at combat, like hand in hand combat. It was like, Okay, she got a chance to get him, because now he can take ricks, he can like he can be hurt, and she's the person that could do it, and she was so into it, so it was satisfying. It was satisfying to see that in her outcome of that fight.
Speaker 1: So I liked it.
Speaker 5: I just realized, did you do that on purpose?
Speaker 3: Because her name is Jade, her name is Jada, was like, they're playing with us.
Speaker 4: They put this woman in this goddamn movie with the ballad, just like Jada Pinkett had the nerve to name her jad mh.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: No, but yeah, I'm with Spike.
Speaker 6: This was a little This was definitely predictable because you see the other thing happening simultaneously with him about to lose the immortality. So it's like, okay, she's obviously about to kill.
Speaker 1: Him or whatnot.
Speaker 5: But then something happened to her.
Speaker 6: She didn't really kill him, and she called him, called him we call like week like your father or something.
Speaker 2: Like that, because she was chopping him up and then he chose it out of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Passed out and somehow came back to life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your father. I was like, oh, yeah, that was dirty. That was unnecessary. He was cold, he was cold.
Speaker 5: It was cool.
Speaker 7: I still know how she didn't die. That's they didn't really explain that. No, they just had a dream man just woke back up. But okay, it's it's a movie. But yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Was joking.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, I'm told you just stop chopping me.
Speaker 2: Goddamn it, I told you stop listen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: She got some good licks in, but she was clearly overmatched, so he Yeah, they definitely needed to get that Amulet situation solved because it was not looking good for her.
Speaker 1: But uh, but now she did the thing.
Speaker 7: With the little blaze or whatever and and chopped his ass up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought all of those fights were dope. Like when she kills in the fight, Yeah, easily easily the best part. But to me, I don't think I don't think that. I don't think they slouched too much with the story. But I think if you had seen the first one, Spike, you'd have been prepared for the stupidness of this movie. But now when she hit him in the face with the with the with the spinning blade and then yeah, the final finishing movie where she chopped his head off that ship was.
Speaker 1: That was fired.
Speaker 4: All of the kills with that Not not being a fan of gore or horror, like all of the kills was like, he was impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of them were impressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah they did, they did.
Speaker 2: They did a good job with that stuff.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: So the final scene, now the tournament is completely over and the heroes have now captured Uh Kwan Chi, the guy that was resurrecting the dead, and the plan is now to use him to resurrect their fallen friends. So I assume the next movie is gonna be them going to Hell to find Lu Kang uh what's his name, Jack's and Kung Loud and get Kwan Chi to resurrect them. So I'm gonna start with Ken, Ken, are you here for this next next movie?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll definitely watch it. I think you know, this could enter resident evil territory. Yeah, I know you mentioned.
Speaker 7: Transformers that that's good too, But yeah, I'll watch it, you know, because I just want to see the fights and just give me enough of a story.
Speaker 1: To get me from beginning to the end. And I'm good.
Speaker 7: And I think they got a good basis for another movie. And you know, they bring it back. Characters that died in this one back, so they're kind of cheating a little bit, but it is what it is, you know, I don't know because most of the ones they.
Speaker 1: Brought back they look pretty dead, so.
Speaker 7: I don't know if they're going to clean them up to make them, you know, get back to like a full, like living sort of human being.
Speaker 1: Look, but we'll see what they do with it if they get a third one.
Speaker 2: What about you rod here for the next one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, these these are these are like I said, they're fun.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm always curious to see what they're gonna do with it.
Speaker 1: Like I said, it.
Speaker 5: Pulls in my heart string or whatever. You know, Like I said, I grew up.
Speaker 6: On more to combat hand street fighters, So.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm define I'll definitely stand up for it. Let's see what they do.
Speaker 2: Like, are you gonna watch the third one? If we don't make you?
Speaker 1: The nostalgia of.
Speaker 4: It and the kills and enjoying the vite scenes would make me a lot less excuse me a lot more to see the next one. Like I'm not mad at I didn't walk out of theater, like what the fuck did I just watch? Now that I understand the tone of it, and I get that a lot more and talking about it with y'all, just like Okay, Yeah, I know what I'm expecting coming into this, but going into this one and seeing it is like, Okay, this is the type of humor and that y'all got with it. I wouldn't expecting that, but now that I do expect it, yes, I would see the next one.
Speaker 1: You know, like when Johnny Cage reached over and grabbed the shades.
Speaker 2: Did like this.
Speaker 1: I hated did.
Speaker 4: I was like, bro, why they playing with us, like especially Mike, especially knowing him as Butcher because it was weird. It made it even worse because I know him from the Boys, and I'm like, bro, this is an exaggerated version of Butcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was weird having to reconcile Butcher doing this, but I reconciled pretty quick, especially when he did the fucking he jumped up in the air and did the flip, did this split and punched him.
Speaker 2: In the nuts.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, here we go, bro, But I'm definitely here for a third movie. I barely remember Mortal Kombat three because that was like towards the tail end of me still playing video games. But I remember Mortal Kombat three being like kind of complicated because the the finishing moves and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I feel all the stuff is different the way you play the turn yea, all the three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there was a lot of moves that I just couldn't keep up with. But I'm one hundred percent here for part three. This is again, this is gonna be my my Transformers. I don't see all the resident Evils in the theater, but I do end up watching all of them. But every Transformers movie, even though I know they're all gonna be asked, I go to the theater to watch every single one. And Mortal Kombat is gonna be that for me. So I will be in the theater for motal Kombat three, watch them go to Hell to save their friends. I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: So I'm just trying to think who would be the boss?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess they're gonna go back to Shang Sung.
Speaker 3: Well, I actually I don't know. Maybe there's like a Hell demon or something. I don't really remember Mortal Kombat three. I don't remember who the who the boss was in Mortal Kombat three.
Speaker 1: So Khan is a boss in three. I just looked it up and then.
Speaker 3: Okay, so maybe it's Mataro because he they haven't shown him yet, so maybe God, oh, Nigga, I don't know, Nigga, you.
Speaker 5: Like a demon, you like a demon like, so maybe maybe it might be him. And hell, what was it like?
Speaker 1: What what game system was it?
Speaker 2: I think this was still Arcade? I think.
Speaker 1: No, Mortal Kombat two was on like PlayStation was.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, you're right, because I do have it.
Speaker 3: Actually, I have a Super Nintendo somewhere around here and I have Mortal Kombat on that. So yeah, I would think that Mortal Kombat three was also on Super Nintendo or Sega Genus is something I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember Sega. That's what it us.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's gonna do it for Mortal Kombat too. Thanks for sticking with us, and uh, let us know what y'all thought. I have a feeling that the majority of the comments are gonna be I didn't even watch this show.
Speaker 2: I just listened to y'all review. But y'all, yeah, they do that a lot.
Speaker 7: Let My movie was packed though, remember uh it was packed for me.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: It was packed, and everybody was responding to all the kills and fights like they will like it was.
Speaker 7: Definitely Yeah, now it did underperform at the box office though, of course, but which I'm surprised how packed it was.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I just.
Speaker 3: Feel like maybe our audiences that might not be them because I think like they're a lot younger.
Speaker 2: So it's just trash. That's why you're trash. It's just trash.
Speaker 4: But it probably underperform because the Devil Wears product and Michael is still out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mother's Day weekend, I could definitely. Yeah, that's true too.
Speaker 3: That's this was probably not a great weekend for them to try to throw this out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Devilaware is my product. Delaware is product too? Did I want that? Den? Did you watch Closer? You said he was gonna watch it? Your true man.
Speaker 2: We're wrapping this up, y'all can talk about wrapping you did.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what you did.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what closer it is. But no, by y'all.