Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast.
Speaker 2: What's going on in ship Boy? Nick?
Speaker 1: I'm here with Kenneth B. Hollo.
Speaker 2: I am Spike Lou of the On Day TV show and another week in the books.
Speaker 1: How you doing, sir? What up?
Speaker 2: Mike Cetown? Hello?
Speaker 3: And we got the rights Modest Media and miss Naturally Nay. How y'all doing.
Speaker 4: Good? What's up?
Speaker 2: Pretty good? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: You're now tuned into the Frames for Second podcast, And in this episode, we are concluding our weekly recaps of the hit HBO original series starrings in dea titled Euphoria. This recap is dedicated to season three, episode eight, called In God We Trust And just to let y'all know, this is the this is it I think I put I put in the chat. This is the final episode of the series, which is interesting because they didn't promote it like that. They just dropped it and said we out. So I'm curious to think how that impacts your thoughts on this episode. But I'll start with you Ken overall thoughts.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, y'all, y'all, y'all can keep this last episode?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I was.
Speaker 5: I'm good, But yeah, when you put that in the chat, I hadn't watched the episode, so but uh yeah, huh that's it.
Speaker 1: Damn Yeah.
Speaker 3: I waited long enough because everybody I thought everybody would have watched it before.
Speaker 1: The No, it didn't ruin anything for me.
Speaker 5: It just confirmed, uh, what we discussed last last week, you know. So I was like, oh, okay, so basically what everybody was feeling, it's more than likely gonna actually happened. So so yeah, I was like, okay, cool, so and that was cool. Like so now, I think from that point it was like, all right, so, how they're gonna wrap all this shit up?
Speaker 1: So yeah, no, I think I'm good. I'm glad we're over and done with What about you? Lou?
Speaker 6: What a lackluster way to go out of a series? This episode was. They could have kept this Like King said that, I think they wrapped up everything that was important rather quickly and then gave us this fake Western shit showdown between two characters who we could have did find with If they never crossed paths the whole series, it would have been totally fine. So I didn't like the last episode. I'm with Ken that it should be over. It maybe could have ended last week, to be honest with you. That was a better ending episode, just leaving Ruth standing right there and that's wondering what the fuck happened to it. I think I may would have rather preferred that over this, You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 3: You was just there for a second. Uh, miss miss name? What are your thoughts on this this final episode?
Speaker 7: My thoughts on the final episode is that it's actually it was actually better than I expected it to be. My expectations were the Pits of Hell, though, so it was better than the Pits of Hell.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I don't even know what that dates said.
Speaker 3: You sound like a nice version with Lucid, but Ron, what about you?
Speaker 8: I actually didn't mind it. I thought it was fun. I thought it was fun. I think with these shows and seasons, series finales, it's hard to please everyone, and I think they did the best that they could given the circumstances. I can't imagine what else they would have been would have done with such a star studied cast. Now, and you had to end it, so you're kind of forced to end this thing. So I think with that, with that, I think they did a decent job at at ending it.
Speaker 4: Honestly, if I'm if I'm being honest.
Speaker 3: Mike, you think it was decent or pitts of hill. Let me tell y'all something. It's it's always gonna be a good day when I agree with Rod. Okay, I feel I feel like my spirits are lifted. I feel like I'm I'm I'm doing something right.
Speaker 1: No pun intended. That was all fun. That was all fun, but for real.
Speaker 3: No, I I I didn't have I had some gripes.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I thought it was good. I thought it was good.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought what they did worked. There are things that they could have done that would have worked better. But I don't have a I don't have any serious serious complaints.
Speaker 1: I just have a couple of gripes.
Speaker 3: But I think the stories wrapped up pretty well, especially the whole burning bush thing. I thought that they I thought they brought that home, y'all. So I was like, all right, I'm I'm good with this.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, we'll get there. I guess I don't want to, you know, but I think they Yeah, I'm I was expecting you to be the one that that actually, uh brought that up.
Speaker 9: Eh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think that they did bring that whole biblical story around with LEXI.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, now we'll get to it. I don't want to. I don't want to fuck up Nick's outline. I don't even know if we're gonna get son. Don't know if I got that in my notes.
Speaker 1: I was gonna let you cook.
Speaker 3: But now I'm thinking I might be wrong because niggas can't be crazy, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: It went nowhere.
Speaker 4: So I was confused.
Speaker 1: Mm. And jewels picture, well, go ahead, go ahead, and go ahead.
Speaker 4: And a Jewish picture.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not talking about jewels picture, but YESI she that that is what the picture depicted, which I thought was kind of corny. But I think when we were talking about the whole, you know, Israelites and Egyptians and the slavery and all that, and then you said, nay that, oh it's gonna be about the girls. It was so had had Rue not died, the girls would not be free, because Ali wouldn't have gone to the club and killed Alamo.
Speaker 2: Because it freed all the girls. I was like, damn, they really they really thought this through.
Speaker 10: It was almost like.
Speaker 3: It was almost like when you look at the whole and this is nerdy, but like the whole you know, Anakin being the chosen one, but then people thought Luke was, but it was really Anakin because had Anakin not done what he did, then.
Speaker 2: Luke would not be there to do what he did. It was the same type of thing. So I think that I think that they really brought that home and I liked it they did.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't get that. I was I was too.
Speaker 7: I think I was too stuff on the Western aspect of it to really actually see. Yeah, the the you know, the actual free of the girls because I'm looking for like the trafficked girls to be I was looking for them even though they're probably dead at this point, so I did. I was, I was looking for Angel, So I wasn't really putting that together with the girls at the at the at the club.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I guess you can get there further when we get further along.
Speaker 3: And you can also add Maddie to the list like all of the girls that Alimo had under his thumb.
Speaker 4: You know, I was mad about that.
Speaker 2: I fucked with this episode.
Speaker 1: I've had a lot of time to not because I had a lot of time.
Speaker 3: To think on it, and Rod you talked about it as soon as you mentioned your review of it.
Speaker 2: It's hard to end the show that's satisfying.
Speaker 3: And I'm realizing after watching the boys, after watching we did we did Game of Thrones together. We've done a few serious finales, and it's like brother average is low, you know, and for granted, like like Mike was saying, like we have we have gripes, of course, but I was entertained because I was pissed off. I was like, this is a movie. When I looked at that run time, I'm like, this is a fucking movie. And then but then as I'm watching it, I'm like, there's sections that I could take and I can talk, we can have a long conversations about which we're about to get into. We start off this episode right where we left off, with Fade screaming Wayne's name as her and we were playing on stealing money from her safe from his safe, but obviously that didn't go well and now ru was on the run. Ken, What did you think about how we started this episode off with a chasing.
Speaker 5: Well, one, I think y'all getting soft, But two I think that, oh, sorry, you asked for it.
Speaker 3: That's like like not everybody ain't gonna say we're.
Speaker 2: Trying to get sponsors by that.
Speaker 5: But but no, I think I think that made sense because when you ended with the last episode, I was like, how the hell she gonna get out of this? So taking that damn wrench his ass on the knee, you know, really allow her to run an escape from him because it reduced his his ability to chase her down. Now he can't shoot worth the ship. But that's fine. It's you know, it's that I didn't expect him to his knee was thribbed. I think it's fucking ship was broke, so you know the only thing I didn't.
Speaker 1: Of course, they're gonna stick with this old Western thing.
Speaker 5: But you know, when dude through the rope called her ass by the knee, I'm like, what the fuck is Marshaw like?
Speaker 1: Why did what? What?
Speaker 5: What's going on? In any shotow of course? And then uh Marshaan was me when he was like run, get your ass up and run because I'm yelling at the I'm like, why did she get up and run?
Speaker 1: You know, I know she got dragged, you know, across the ground.
Speaker 5: But but nah, I think how they did that made sense. From her punching the ship out of Fay hiding his ass on the knee and barely escaping up out of that tunnel. So I was cool with that, Yes, she did, and Marshan's relaxed how he was acting in the car.
Speaker 3: And what I loved about that scene, right was like they both from Oakland too, and it's like it was a it was a great way for like, like, I don't know, it was just a great connection. She's been having some great connections like behind the scenes in the show, and I like the fact that they've added that this season because it was, like, I know, they don't have a lot of nigga shit the.
Speaker 2: Clips, you know what I'm saying floating around. This is the most getting she with Tom Holland and Robert Pattinson.
Speaker 3: That's a fad way.
Speaker 10: She was a little more black back in the day.
Speaker 4: She was younger.
Speaker 10: Holly woodn't and got a hold of them.
Speaker 3: Exactly, Shane, marsha and Lynch black And that was when we got in this episode.
Speaker 2: So that's why I really fucked with that scene. What about you, lu I.
Speaker 1: Fucked with it.
Speaker 6: I fucked with the whole Marshawn Lynch part of it, y'all talking about I didn't too much like to escape part out of the house though, like they felt cartoon like. I feel like they're just trying to make something happen to get to another bigger point that I thought they was gonna make and not stretch the whole scene out throughout the whole episode.
Speaker 4: I thought. I that No, No, I don't feel.
Speaker 6: Like he didn't hear what she was trying to get up through when she was trying to get up through the barn thing, like I just think they was it just it didn't go together to me.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were just doing ship.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that secret was good.
Speaker 8: It was executed really well just from it actually, like from a producing standpoint, Like it was just the way they were going through that tunnel, like like that tight space like that, that that took planning to do it that.
Speaker 4: Like that. That was good. That was really good.
Speaker 3: Did you enjoyed that whole scene ride like this that I did?
Speaker 4: It was intense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was intense and and like you know, like said, she hit him on the knee, she punched her, she was running through it. I really didn't know when that horse that was on top, like you just didn't didn't know she was really gonna make it out. I think you were. You were kind of tense. You thought she that at this point she was gonna die. But but no, I thought they executed this, this whole thing well. I even liked the little bassa thing like. I like that too.
Speaker 4: I could have them broken niggas.
Speaker 10: I ain't like that.
Speaker 8: That's that's who they were, That's that's absolutely.
Speaker 10: Who That's fine, but I ain't got to see it. I felt it felt so, it felt racial as hell.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to be.
Speaker 10: It was supposed to be that great.
Speaker 2: I ain't like, so, you ain't like how we opened to see this episode. I like the tension.
Speaker 10: I like that, I like a ton of I like how knocking niggas out. I like all of that.
Speaker 7: Until we started lasting niggas and dragging them through the sand. I ain't need to see that. And I was happy as hell that mar shot ship out of him. So, I mean, I guess they brought it back to a certain extent, but I was like, what, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Like it, Mike, what about you?
Speaker 3: I'm in between, Actually, I guess I'm in between all of them. I understand everybody's take, but I didn't mind it.
Speaker 2: But I do agree with Spike.
Speaker 3: It was cartoony the way she was going up the ladder, and the dude was kind of you know, his leg was broken. He was kind of moving until he got right up on her, and then all of a sudden, he was like sneaking up on her, and I was like, wait a minute, why don't what are you doing? Are you trying to get her or not? So I do agree with Spike. That was a bit off, but I still enjoyed it. I was still tense. I did like when she grabbed the wrench. I thought she was gonna bust dude in the head, but the fact that she busted him in the leg and I was like, well that was kind of that was kind of dumb, but okay, fine. But then when she punched Faye the nose, I was like, Okay, I like that because it was smart because if she punched her in the lip it she wouldn't have felt.
Speaker 2: It, so it was a good It was a good move.
Speaker 3: To punch her in the nose, but I really wanted Faye to get to get knocked out. Yeah, man, I enjoyed all of this, and I still don't know much about Marshawn Lynch, but I loved him in this scene. I do agree with Nay the roping was racial, but I do agree with Rod that it was intended to be racial. But I do agree with Nay that I don't always need to see it. But at the same time I get the point. So overall, I enjoyed the sequence.
Speaker 2: It was entertaining a hill to me like that.
Speaker 3: Again, this this whole season been cartoony in certain ways, so like it kind of makes sense to ending on that, especially if you wanted to go back to the whole Western thing, like somebody, somebody was gonna get it was either gonna be a pig, black person's racial.
Speaker 2: It was a racially char season. Like one of the other days they show pigs and they show rude and they was both in hand and hand.
Speaker 1: So but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: But what really took me was like once we see her get in the car with Marshaan again last episode, we know that Maddie told Alamo you got a fucking rat in your fucking house. So when Marshon took takes rude to see Alamo, I'm thinking, oh, this is what shit about the pop off flu? You know what I'm saying, and then he all acting all nice and shit, you know what I'm saying. I'm like, oh, he about to just pull out a gun and shoot it. What did you think about that scene?
Speaker 1: Little?
Speaker 3: Because I was like, I thought that was tense in its own way. I agree with you. I thought that was tense.
Speaker 6: I thought that was good and I thought for some reason, that's what we were about to sit in the episode with. But it went by a little quicker than I expected. But they did a great job leaded up to it. Like you said, it was, it was tense, like you got to see, all right, she made it through that part of it, but Alamo still know what she got going on because he paused or whatever it may be when Mattie told him about it.
Speaker 2: So there was that thing lingering in the air there that they did a great job of.
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't even know why Maddy said that shit last episode that was.
Speaker 2: It didn't really even lead to anything even.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he killed off of that, that's right, the mind off of that, yeh off of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something about the d A and like, why would you say that that was dumb?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was just talking.
Speaker 3: But Rob, what did you think about their conversation between Rue and I don't know this early in this.
Speaker 8: Episode, No, this was this was this was really good. This is when just when he gave it appeals and this is a.
Speaker 3: Different yeah co product placement in that motherfucker.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, I mean he was he was so so smooth with this that you know what I'm saying, basically gave gave gave it a sword, you know what I'm saying, Like, and it's just like, dang, it's like I can kill you without killing you, you know what I mean, because you're gonna kill yourself.
Speaker 4: And and at that moment, I was like, damn, man, I think was about to die.
Speaker 8: I mean because like it's either it was either lace with feminol or she was just gonna take the whole bottle.
Speaker 4: I know it was gonna be one of the other.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that the bottle itself was the fenanyl, but the ones he had on the table was not.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm thinking, Like, like man, yeah, and in just the way he was just so smooth about it with the money, everything like really made her thought made her think that, yeah, he fooled me.
Speaker 2: Ship I'm like, did he not care?
Speaker 4: Did not hear what she said? Was he like?
Speaker 2: And to me? To me, Nate, I want to get your thoughts, but I also to ask a quick question.
Speaker 3: Should he be nominated for Emmy for this performance?
Speaker 7: Don't get me wrong, I like the animal character, but I don't think he did enough to get an Emmy nod.
Speaker 4: To me, mm hmmm, yeah, so many other.
Speaker 8: Great actors in this show for this season, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I think I think that some of them is still really good.
Speaker 3: Man like, yeah, oh okay, I got one, Okay, gonna get it over r Well, No, I was gonna say support like a supporting, but Ali's gonna get that.
Speaker 1: He's get that over him.
Speaker 7: I don't think anybody's gonna get nominated except for Zinda in this show. Honestly, I think that because I mean that's been the history of the show. Now, I will say, Coleman potentially has a chance. I think to me, Coleman and Andya carried this show this entire season. To me, like I said, out a b C is good, but at a b c's out of b C. We're used to seeing him as a scary nigga, Like that's not super out of range for him.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So you feel like in this scene where we're like he's talking to Ule, he's being super nice.
Speaker 7: That was just like, okay, it was it was he did a really good job, but it wasn't a layered performance to me.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts on this scene, Mike. I thought it was super tense. I didn't know where it was going. Like you said, Nick, I he got me for a minute, but then I was like, no, this is Alimo. He's doing something sketchy. But then when he put the whole when he gave her the one pill, I was like, all right, that was probably not a great idea. But when he put the whole bottle down, I was like, fuck, this is it. She's she's done. I mean, I knew she was gonna die this episode. I just did.
Speaker 2: But I was like, fuck, she's gonna she's gonna either she's gonna take.
Speaker 3: The whole bottle. I never at all thought about fentanyl. I it never even popped in my head. I just didn't. I just wasn't thinking about it at the time. I was just thinking because I didn't put together until after she died that he had given her two different pills.
Speaker 2: So in my head, when he put the pill.
Speaker 3: Bottle down, I was like, well, okay, well he took two pills out of that bottle and they both took him. I never thought about finanal, but I thought that he gave a really good performance here because he had me fooled. He had me fool that he was he was cool with her. I never thought that he was giving her the bottle to kill her. I thought he was just like, fuck it, whatever. I know, you're an addict. I bet you a lot of my girls in her addicts. You know, just take your ship and be good.
Speaker 8: You know the reason why I thought that might because earlier on he was like, you know, if you're gonna be working with me, don't do that shit. Stay off of that shit. You know what I'm saying. So why are you giving it to her now?
Speaker 2: I guess I don't.
Speaker 3: I believe that that happened, but I don't remember that that happened. But I believe you that he said that, So that part wasn't in my brain, grass.
Speaker 6: I said, I didn't say, but I'm on the same side as Mike. I didn't think that he was giving her Fintanyl. I thought she was.
Speaker 1: Gonna take the whole thing mm hm.
Speaker 6: And that's what threw me off in the sense of did he do went on purpose or not? And then when they tested it, of course it went out the window. Yeah, I definitely thought it was just it was.
Speaker 3: Just m Yeah, we're definitely gonna dive into more than that, Ken, Did you have any other thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, I think when the scene started, the first thing that one of the things I was thinking about was like, Okay, now you got it. He has to confront her about what Maddie said, and he was way too nice and appreciative of what she's done, and he had like.
Speaker 1: He completely forgot about it.
Speaker 5: And when he put the two pills on the on the table, I was like, oh, that's messed up and uh. And then she took it, and then you know, rewarding her because almost nice. He ain't that fucking nice and started giving her all these rewards and stuff like that and basically finding a way to get her to let her guard down. And then he just left the pills on the table and I was like, Okay, yeah, he's setting her up to take that ship because you know how addicts are, So he knew she was gonna take it, because if he didn't want her to take it, he would have He wouldn't put the shit on the table, just would have kept it in his pocket. So so yeah, So at first I was like, is he testing her to see if she would do it? But at this point when he did that, I was like, Okay, this is his way of getting rid of her with doubt looking.
Speaker 1: Like the murderer. You know, something happened.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, the saddest part about all of this is like he told her she did a good job and congratulated her. And if y'all remember it was their episode or two back, she was telling those cops that like, nobody ever tells her that she does a good job, and she gets she gets.
Speaker 2: It from him and then he fucking kills her.
Speaker 7: I didn't think that the pills was gonna take her out either at this point.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I was.
Speaker 10: Still waiting on them to come in like kill her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 7: So I was thinking, like he gave her the percoset, and because the fact that she said I used to love these, I was like, she's not gonna do it, though, she's not gonna take her. She's still California, and she was.
Speaker 3: She was she was fucking around with it too, because she like she had it closes and she just put it away and then she finally took it.
Speaker 12: I was okay.
Speaker 7: So for some reason I was thinking they were gonna follow her and kill her.
Speaker 3: H Well, we don't get to rule later on a little bit, but we have to talk about Big Eddie's country road trip ken As we see that the drugs are being installed to the van and then they're picking up to a women that got the bbls and ship about to send them back to the States. But then she kind of goes off a little bit as we see the DEAs on the ass and Wayne finally figures out that the drugs are not real drugs, at least not the ones that make you ship. What did you think about this da bush.
Speaker 5: When they when they ran up on the house and Wayne left everybody there. I definitely thought the dad was gonna kill himself. Uh, But so they did fake me out with that. When he was looking at that dog and was like, what you're gonna do? I was like, that little motherfucker ain't gonna do Ship mother's dog brother looking at you like what you're gonna do? Because hey, I have to do a damn thing. So I did like that scene how he just went ahead and and you know, just was like, now I'll just go ahead and go back. You know, Laurie or whatever her name was. Uh, she went at and went through with it, and they were I thought about the old man when I saw it, but she jumped off that damn building, but she was she knew she couldn't go back or wouldn't go to prison.
Speaker 1: So I liked.
Speaker 5: I liked that, and I think as we talk about I hear what you guys say. I was really trying to put together the whole thing.
Speaker 1: With Eddie, you know, quitting.
Speaker 5: I know that Alimo definitely that was his punishment for Eddie was to send him on this this this uh this dummy mission, you know, to get caught instead of killing him.
Speaker 1: So I thought that that was a pretty smart move.
Speaker 5: And it's plain while I was like, Okay, I'm surprised he didn't kill him. Why is he still seeing him on the mission? So it gave me an answer to that. So I did like that part of it. But you know, he just kind of messed up when they switched vehicles when he didn't take the coke out, uh, you know, of the truck and put it in the truck. So I thought that that was pretty clever of them as well.
Speaker 1: But but overall.
Speaker 5: I think this was this was I liked the old scene and it just basically wrapped this whole story part up with Wayne and Fay leaving and and them being arrested.
Speaker 6: So the d the d A didn't find it when they got the truck, right they found the.
Speaker 1: Rap And was that was that? Or was that about.
Speaker 5: Route him saying that he's a rat?
Speaker 3: That was about Dwayne Wayne. I think Alamo knew Dwayne Wayne was a rat. No, I thought that was about how would he about if they were putting it in the ambulance? Wo wasn't even in the ambulance. Yeah, but when Alamo was Maddy told about the d A, he knew he had to switch up his plan. That's why he he knew that if he knew, if she's telling him this information, now, that must mean that they may know about the real plan.
Speaker 2: So let's gout switch it up. So that was a message to the d A telling them, I know there's a rat.
Speaker 1: God, God got it. Got it? Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: That I was still confused. I thought Dwayne Wayne was working for the d A. I was like, they got the man and.
Speaker 2: I did too. I thought that's why he said I quit. I thought he was talking about the job with the.
Speaker 7: D A R And then he was like, tell Alamo, we said, what's up or whatever. I was like, see see, I told you had d e A in the I was all off.
Speaker 2: Mike John should have known Dwayne Wayne wasn't with the d A.
Speaker 3: Just looking at his stomach that didn't got three summits.
Speaker 1: I thought he joined the d A. He got shot.
Speaker 3: I shot once he got shot, and Alamo was just like, I don't care. I thought that's when he joined the d A.
Speaker 4: No, No, they never saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Big Eddy realized that that Alamo sent him up.
Speaker 1: That's why he quit. He was like, man, funk this ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I thought it was interesting that.
Speaker 8: Technically the the the Red Necks and stuff killed themselves for nothing because it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't actually drugs in the in the in the van. They just assumed that they were, and so they they'll take themselves out.
Speaker 2: Well, they was gonna they was gonna find drugs in the house.
Speaker 4: You know what, Yeah, because they did. They did detain the two guys.
Speaker 2: It was just Lord, just like I can't go back.
Speaker 1: Lord that early Yeah, walking wabbling to the to the roof.
Speaker 3: You got you got all them guns in the house. You're gonna hang yourself like you none the easiest way she was.
Speaker 4: Gonna make it out.
Speaker 1: You see all them cos.
Speaker 2: You see all them cops.
Speaker 8: Oh, oh, I got you like when the way she went out though, me too.
Speaker 1: I like it was really good.
Speaker 4: That was satisfying, even.
Speaker 3: Her shipping after she got hung, I was like, Okay, that worked, all that worked.
Speaker 2: Oh did y'all not notice herself? That was the blood from her head?
Speaker 1: I thought that was ship.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that sure positive positive taking the word.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They even made the sound like they you shipped yourself when you when you die like.
Speaker 2: That, you know that instant. I mean, if you got to go Nick right, he was walking up there right ride.
Speaker 3: I'm only I'm only questioned it because if that was shipped, that was a lot of ship.
Speaker 4: She had.
Speaker 2: All she had, she had a whole stream being cast role with the raising potatoes. Raisins say that was some raisins and the potatoes.
Speaker 4: You always holding the ship or something?
Speaker 1: What they did you do?
Speaker 5: Look like, first of all, the first question bird a bird? Is that damn sensitive the ship like that?
Speaker 1: Like that definitely?
Speaker 8: Yeah, animals, yes, because they can hit the viborations for a wild way exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not believe that.
Speaker 2: No, it's true. It's true.
Speaker 3: You never heard the whole phrasing, like I think that's where like the whole Canarian of coal mine thing comes from. Like them used, no that never mind, No, it's not never mind, forget what I said.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: That was wrong.
Speaker 1: But to think about I was like, wait, don't that's that.
Speaker 4: What that comes from?
Speaker 2: The casus better rod? That sounds better.
Speaker 1: Word? Oh man? She was like they know something. I was like, you got to listen to that.
Speaker 5: Damn dog instead of them damn birders. I would trust them.
Speaker 3: The burst was going nuts and that punk ass dog was like, Nigga, you don't know way more that this relationship works, myiga.
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 3: I like that scene. I mean because it does kind of say that, like, you know, those type of white folks will will consider the lives of animals way higher than anything else. So the fact that he was just like, I'm not going to do this shootout because they end up they might end up shooting my dog, and the dogs already had a hard life.
Speaker 1: He only has three legs, he.
Speaker 2: Do so you didn't notice that just a dusty ass dog was dusty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get that out of here.
Speaker 2: You'll call a dog dust Steve Man. It's in a house full of fectanom. But the dog wasn't doing it, Mike.
Speaker 3: If you want a dog with three legs and you know what a four legged dog feel like, Hell.
Speaker 2: No, I might be doing some drugs.
Speaker 1: That dog probably matters. Hell, they don't clean run there.
Speaker 5: But maybe I can go to a pound or something.
Speaker 1: That's why it was like, yeah, go ahead and die bro, take me out of here. Somebody the question.
Speaker 5: So it's since they didn't actually find drugs is as big as it going to jail.
Speaker 2: No, because he didn't do anything wrong. He ain't do nothing. He was just driving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I was wanting.
Speaker 4: That's that's why they go to.
Speaker 3: Right, That's why the cops said tell Alamo, We said, what's up? Because there was nothing they could do to him.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 6: What was your thoughts on the on the bus? I thought Elima played it well. I wasn't expecting the double cross. I had to rewind it one time, like, wait, what happened? But I think I thought Alian would played it well. I was surprised he threw big Eddie under the bus. I wasn't quite where y'all was within and saying that he was gonna kill him or whatever it may be.
Speaker 1: I thought he was just trying to test him.
Speaker 6: Okay, I thought he was just trying to test him more so than than set him up. But I was obviously wrong with that. But I like this whole scene. All of this worked, the animals, the lowry part of it, all of it worked.
Speaker 8: With that said Spike and Ken, are you at this point y'all still not rocking with the y'all not rocking with the show right now.
Speaker 6: So it's it's an entertaining episode. I'm entertained. But I think Mike and Nick. Mike and Nick said it to end out a series like this like Euphoria what I know it for. I didn't think that this was how you ended a show like this like this felt like a one off. This felt like a good episode in season two, episode seven.
Speaker 2: It felt like that versus the last time I'm gonna see it. I'm seeing this.
Speaker 5: And for me, once I saw what Nick posted, and I remember the conversations, you know, I was like, Okay, they rot, they write about what's gonna happen. So you know my concern, you know I've said, is how the hell they're gonna end this shit to make it made sense? And then when I saw that, I was like, Okay, so now they're gonna have to wrap this up in a way that concludes all the storylines. So when I saw this, I was like, Okay, well they out of here. L Larry's dead and gone, and this whole storyline is over.
Speaker 1: So we're done with this part.
Speaker 5: Now we're gonna move on to what's gonna happen with Rue Alamo and the rest of the cast.
Speaker 9: You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film All exclusive to our Patreon, So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: Moving on real quick.
Speaker 3: I know we're gonna get to the main part, but I want to get through the bullshit first. Maddie and Cassie, we see that well previously we see Alamo feels like he's on top. He got the drugs, he got louring the gang out. So then we go to the subsection of his story with Maddie and Cassie because he now has made them accessory to murder and also has them locked into his business. And they at the diner drinking coffee and having French toasts and you know, pancakes.
Speaker 2: You know, they don't know what the fuck just happened.
Speaker 3: Rod, What did you think about the conversation that they had at the diner, Like, do you did you find that interesting that they are now like like.
Speaker 2: Blood sisters now based off of what happened.
Speaker 4: This is probably the only part that's not satisfying for me.
Speaker 8: I know, like, through the seasons of euphoria, they've been friends, they've been typed, they've been close, but damn man, this chi literally married or your your man.
Speaker 4: Like I wanted to see Maddie get some sort of get.
Speaker 1: Back, and I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't necessarily like the route they went with it, with them just just getting closer after all of this, I don't. I don't know if that was satisfying for me personally.
Speaker 2: You wanted more mess, it's not.
Speaker 4: I mean, they made the mess. They made, They created the mess, and I just.
Speaker 8: Wanted to see some sort of some sort of like redemption for Maddie.
Speaker 4: And I don't feel like I got it.
Speaker 8: I feel like Cassie basically got everything you wanted until she did or whatever due to him dying. But yeah, I just wanted to see I wanted to see Maddie get paid back. I thought that's the route they were gonna go, So I guess I just I just wasn't satisfied that that they're now closer than they ever been.
Speaker 3: For that, Yeah, can I challenge you on one thing before I now I want to get your thoughts too, But when you think that, like after you witness not only someone dying in front of you, that was the first time Maddie ever saw somebody get shot and like killed in that way, and then find out the man that you used to love and maybe still have feelings for it.
Speaker 2: That's why you're still upset about their.
Speaker 3: Union, Like showed up dead in a box full of snakes, Like you wouldn't think that would change your mindset of Like this shit is way bigger than what I thought it was, and I'm kind of way past it now and I'm thinking about it differently, you know what I'm saying. I know what you mean, Like you would have thought she would have want revenge, but like after seeing all that, you don't think she would have to.
Speaker 1: Change your heart?
Speaker 8: M yes, yes, but that's not the storyline I wanted to see. I guess alto with them, Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: About your name? Was it satisfying?
Speaker 4: I don't know if satisfying just the right word.
Speaker 7: Them becoming like bonded for life didn't necessarily bother me, because I've seen that happen in real life, like girls in high school who was sleeping with each other's man and then come out of high school and now their best buddies for less, they after going through a whole lot less, So that didn't necessarily bother me.
Speaker 10: But I think.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 10: I just don't like the way either one of these storylines ended.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I didn't like what happened when I didn't. I wasn't satisfied with it. Just feels like they were left out there and they didn't really know what to do. Nate just damn disappeared, Like I don't. I wasn't happy with the way they just kind of it felt like loose ends left with them too, and they just like love each other and best friends and working through this drama together. I wasn't here for either one of these two storylines in the way it ended.
Speaker 4: So you don't like it.
Speaker 7: I don't like it not because I wanted Maddie to get paid back. I don't like it because it just felt like this for a writing mhm.
Speaker 8: I guess that's essentially what I'm saying too, though, Like I wanted this storyline to go differently than what it than where it went.
Speaker 2: Mike, what were your thoughts on their how their story ended? I was fine with it. I was fine with it.
Speaker 3: I think that the point of them going through a traumatic experience together, I can see that being a sort of trauma bonding experience or a situation.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I got that they're going to be best friends forever. H I got that in the moment. If we're talking about the diner scene, I got in the moment Maddie felt sorry for Cassie because Cassie, if we're being honest, this sounds mean, but she's the lesser of the two when it comes to common sense, you know, intelligence, all of that. Like Maddie could make make it out a little bit easier than Cassie could. So I think Cassie coming over and sitting next to Maddie and putting her head on her shoulder, and then Maddie kissing her head, I think that that's saying like, you know, yeah, you went through something real fucked up, and you're gonna be sitting with this for a really long time.
Speaker 1: And yes, there is still an echo.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that's coming from. I ain't I ain't hear nothing but lou.
Speaker 6: What I'm gleaning close to Mike's side in the sense of, I'm satisfied with it. Once I figured out watching the show, because this was before you sent the link, I think I've kind of figured out at this point this is the last episode, Like I ain't no more coming after this, And I'm not sure what more that I needed from either one of them, being that they had gone through this traumatic episode together, like what Mike said in the sense of trauma bond, and in that moment, both of them were taking a deep breath like this could have been worse, like she could have owe a lot more money and Cassie could have been god knows what in his stable. Yeah, so both of them looking at it like taking a deep breath, looking at each other, your familiar face. We've been through this together. I'm cool with that resolution in their relationship. I think they took it exactly where they needed to take it, uh in the last episode as far as it's moving on.
Speaker 3: From it, And do you agree with that point, because like they kind of eased into like, all right, we're gonna turn my house into an influence the house and I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: I'm over here design and dial.
Speaker 3: Thoz on the whim, Like like, did you think they just accepted their fight and just kind of pushed.
Speaker 1: Through doing the content house makes sense? So I get that.
Speaker 5: And you know, Maddie's good at it, Cassie's good at her part.
Speaker 1: So I understood all of that.
Speaker 5: You know, they they split apart because of Nate and they came together because of Nate, so you know, it's it's this sort of weird, full circle thing that happened with him. But at this point, I like this diner scene and it confirmed some things that we suspected about what happened with Maddie when Cassie walked over and well when Cassie started to kind of well up and cry, so it felt like maybe she revealed her what she had to do in order to to get with the money and stuff like that. So I did like that. It's just it was after this, it was everything after this dynasty, where this whole thing just fell apart from me.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 8: So when we can, I do like the visuals of the Dynasty. I do like that moment. I just I don't know. I just wanted to see something different with them, and I already said that part.
Speaker 4: But I do visually like what they did here with that.
Speaker 8: It was like very somber, right, So I do like what they did as far as that's what.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I agree, I like the diner aspect of it, and we could have kind of just ended with them. There the extended cut that we got when we were back at the house where Cassie is talking to Lexi about like what she got going on and how she want her to be a part of the you know, the storytelling of the content were about to create. I only cared about it because it got to Lexi's reflection. But up until that point, I could do a fuck. But because I really just enjoyed the diner scene, being like they went through some shit together and now they cool, you know what I'm saying, And you can you know, French toast look good enough for a diner, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I was fine with the scene.
Speaker 3: So are y'all saying that you just didn't like that the story conclusion for Cassie, Oh, I thought. I thought it was fine, just because Cassie has been used this whole show, so for her to finally get to a point where she's like, all right, I mean.
Speaker 2: Hashtag girl boss. I was like, all right, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think everyone was expecting it from Maddie to be that, but the fact that it ended up being Cassie, I'm okay with it because she's gonna need Maddie regardless, she's not gonna be able to run an empire on her own. That's why it does make sense that they did reconnect, because if Maddie just walked out and left Cassie to her own devices, all of this would fall apart.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel I don't want to see a strong white woman. When Nick, that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: He just really said, you don't want to see these European queens, these milk and Magnesian queens. Moving on.
Speaker 1: We see that route.
Speaker 3: After you know, getting her pat on the back from Alamo, goes to Ali's crib and it's.
Speaker 2: Just ready to kind of just move on. And but also.
Speaker 3: She notices something on the news about Fez and then we see kind of like him escape in prison park Core and she's talking to Ali saying like I gotta go help him out because I said I would, And we kind of get drifted off into a whole other side quest that ends up being like the main part of the story.
Speaker 2: Louis, you're shaking.
Speaker 3: Your head, and I wonder why that is when we get to this part of the story.
Speaker 6: By side, Quesch, you mean what ru was doing when she was looking so fast get this ship the fuck out of here, man, Like I didn't. I wasn't here for none of it. I hate but is this ain't even just exclusive to Euphorial, any any show that goes dream sequence. It's automatic note for me, And I know Soprano is one of my favorite shows.
Speaker 1: They do a lot. I hate it there too, Like.
Speaker 6: Dream sequences are dumb to me, Like, tell me the story in the story, Max, It needs to be a couple of minutes out to say.
Speaker 2: But I don't care.
Speaker 6: About them finding out in their dreams, about them getting this hitting message in their dream.
Speaker 2: Tell the story not.
Speaker 10: That way, Spike, it was the story.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a dream.
Speaker 10: She was she was, she was high and dying.
Speaker 1: It was a dream. She was in a comato state.
Speaker 13: Okay, Spike, hatch the fine dream real quick, Spike, that was not No, I didn't mean it.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows you didn't mean it that way. Nobody listens to be Spike. Nobody listens to me. Why do you not figure this out yet?
Speaker 4: This is the best part of the episode to me?
Speaker 14: Oh wow, that was rude.
Speaker 10: Now, this is my favorite part of the episode.
Speaker 7: To me, it was And because it took me a minute well, I mean, yeah, it took I'm like, this is weird, and then once you realize it was like a dream. It was a gene sequence, like as we get on and when she gets to the house, it sees her mom and I'm just like, Oh, that's really what we're doing, that's really how were going out. It felt like euphoria. This sounded like euphoria. There's always a haunting scene of Zendia in her addiction, and that's what this was.
Speaker 10: And you realize it's the.
Speaker 7: Last, the last, like the last oh man, like it was. It was haunting and beautiful. But I will say that after this scene, once Ali actually wakes up, it's something about it that felt anti climactic at the same time, and I don't know if that was intentional. I think because of the way the show just continued on, I felt like it didn't give me enough time to sit in the fact that.
Speaker 4: Ru was gone.
Speaker 7: So there was something about it that felt anti climactic to me, and I just wanted more because because this show is her, I just wanted more time.
Speaker 10: To sit with the realization that she's now gone.
Speaker 8: I think that was the time that they was the time I get it I just wanted more of it. I feel like it was just enough at first, because my thing is that I wasn't I wasn't ready to accept that U was gonna die in this show. I know she she had to in this show just to give it a realistic feel. But now I agree, Man, I agree. I thought the scene was haunting all of the things like it felt. It felt like throw back you for you, the whole running, just all of that, going back to the old spaces of the show. It was just like a recap of what we know you for you to be. And I think, and I like, and I like how because I didn't think we were going to see faus So I like when we saw fans and it was it was.
Speaker 4: Like it was just like whoa Like it was like it was like, damn, that's that's him. That's him for real. And they had that moment of them, like, you know, a happy.
Speaker 8: Moment with them. So now I really really enjoyed, enjoyed this part.
Speaker 2: How about you, Mike. My spirits are still lifted.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm with Rod.
Speaker 2: I'm with Rod.
Speaker 3: I do get Na's point, though, but I'm more with Rod. I think what made this work for me so extremely well is the fact that I was pissed. I was like this when when they first started showing fans doing parkour up the wall and then she's running after him and then she's ducking it, I was like, this is so disrespectful. I was like, this is disrespectful and unnecessary. Angus Cloud did not pass away to see the show do this shit to him. This is fucked up. But then I realized she was dead and I was like, oh my god, this is perfect. This is perfect because when she was running away from the cops to use Spike's term, I thought it was cartoony. I was like, come on, man, like, cops are stupid and cops are bad, but really, you can't cast this little skinny ass really, So I was like, this is dumb.
Speaker 2: But when she got in the house and she saw her mother, I was like, Oh.
Speaker 1: She's dead. She's fucking dead.
Speaker 3: This was amazing when she was reaching for her mother and then it cut to her reaching up and she was.
Speaker 1: Trying to catch her breath.
Speaker 3: I don't get choked up that often because I'm a thug, but that choked me up just a little bit.
Speaker 1: That what the fuck is Funnies by.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: One of y'all laugh, I laugh silent.
Speaker 15: Somebody else is like, but no, man.
Speaker 3: I And to the point about wanting more time, I'm in between Nay and Rod. I did want more time to sit with it, because when the show was over, I was a little upset that we didn't actually get that scene with uh Nina King. I was a little upset that we didn't really get a full Well, we'll get to the others people. But then when I thought about it, I was like, man, look, addicts die every day.
Speaker 2: Addicts die every day.
Speaker 3: And and I saw a little snippet of a Sam Levinson interview where he said, yeah, I mean this is how this has to go because people like Rue don't make it out. And that's true, we love Rue, but this just tells you, like, you know, just because an addict is lovable doesn't mean that they're not still an addict. So this was this was this was a I think this was a great way to have Rue go out and Coleman Domingo, Jesus Christ ay. The fact that that man started on one of the worst shows ever made and has landed into being one of the best. Fear of the Walking Dead, Oh yeah, people forget he was even on that trash because he was the best part of that show. But seeing this man where he is, he is easily one of my favorite actors working in Hollywood. He killed the scene when he came out of his bedroom and he was like Rue Rue. I was like, oh, oh, my man, Colema was gonna have to find her and he rolled her over. And I love that they didn't even show her face because.
Speaker 2: We didn't need all that. We didn't need all that. They showed his face, and his face said every single thing IN needed to say. This was this was Sam Levinson was killing it.
Speaker 3: I I was gonna ask Michael question, but I know it's gonna lead to a whole other conversation.
Speaker 2: Were still talking about Rue. Go ahead and Lou I was gonna say what I will say.
Speaker 6: Y'all put it together quicker than me that she was dead in the trip sequence, which is why I feel like I didn't like it as much.
Speaker 2: I didn't put it together until she was reaching up and I was like, are they killing her like this?
Speaker 1: Like right here?
Speaker 6: But what I do agree with is how they did it in the sense of like what you said, like how addicts died every day, so it wasn't this big dramatic thing that happened, because that's not what happens to people, Like it's because it takes a bad pill or something like that and it's like, oh shit, somebody finds them. So I do think that they nailed that part up it once I understood what was going on, because I just thought it was a dream sequence and she was gonna wake up. But once I see her grasping for the thing, I was like, oh shit, she's dying so and.
Speaker 8: Oh man, yeah, yeah, yeah they did. They wrapped it up really nicely for it to be a death, you know what I mean. And I also like the fact that that she had her headphones in because I means she listened to Yeah, she listened to the Bible that she was dying. So I was just like, dang that, I really like that because we know, we know she wanted set up like like that'd be a.
Speaker 4: Cool way to die, listen to the Word of God.
Speaker 3: No, that's that's that's a good point. I didn't think about it until you said it was like, why.
Speaker 10: Is she back in Genesis? Hasn't she been reading back at the beginning? So but yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: She was back at this is this is a huge reach. Maybe she was well, she was both.
Speaker 3: The whole full full circle of the story, but also Alamo was basically the devil and gave her the forbidden fruit.
Speaker 2: Right again, that's a huge reach, huge reach. But I didn't think about it until you just said it.
Speaker 4: Good job, he's a snake. I mean they've been they've been.
Speaker 10: Saying they're playing with that the whole season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then the last team when we see him man like one of what not the last scene, but in that last show that he's right there with the snake.
Speaker 10: So I don't think it's sup that far fetched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 3: I know I'm learning, y'all right, God is good.
Speaker 1: That is good. All the time.
Speaker 2: Came for me.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize she was dead until I saw her mama finger on that by.
Speaker 2: That was an e. That's a dead figure?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: But you did you.
Speaker 4: See what songs?
Speaker 10: I didn't see what.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that that had a meaning to I.
Speaker 3: Didn't think to check what Bible verse she was reading down. I wish I had, because I bet it meant Yeah, I bet it did mean something. Now, I really liked how they did this. I was fine with accepting that she could die or she would die. I just looked the one thing I did love. And when y'all pointed out the Fatida to show her face, like you just see her dead, just her dead body. And I know for Ale, like they were talking about being spiritual and getting back and then like for him to find out that she passed that way.
Speaker 2: God, Ken, what was your thoughts on on that scene?
Speaker 4: Most of.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you know, I was like, okay, that's it. Like I felt nothing. I was just like, all right, well r was gone. I had no attachment, nothing, nothing. It was like she out of here, and and that's that's how we're going to end.
Speaker 2: The room.
Speaker 1: Maybe we don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: You said that's not gonna be the figure.
Speaker 2: Of Chigg and JV does locker.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was, you know, much like Spike. I was and and and and Mike as well. I was cussing and yelling at the screen because none of the ship was making sense. And then I realized it was a dream because I'm like, okay, you're running.
Speaker 1: First, when I saw this motherfucker parkouring up the wall. I'm like, that's stupid as fun.
Speaker 5: And then we went through and then you have to damn cops, and then she went to the cops ran under and then the cops couldn't find I'm like, okay, none of that ship makes sense, you know, and Rude duck through there, yelling fast name, so I'm screaming. And then she getting there, I'm like, oh, ship, this motherfucker. This a dead ass fucking tree. I'm like, okay, well, this is the moment she died. And then she's crop, you know, reaching up in the sky and ship like that, and you know, and I'm like I was because at first I was like, oh, look, Rude.
Speaker 1: Didn't take the pills, and but ship, that was a lie.
Speaker 5: And then they killed her off and I was like, okay, Like even when Ali felt found her, I was like, because I had already seen Ali earlier, like that didn't even do.
Speaker 1: Ship for me, you know, so.
Speaker 5: Nah man, it was just like all right, well, and then I saw we had an hour left, I'm like, oh, ship, man, I.
Speaker 6: Did the same thing, right, And I was like, what the fuck am I gonna do for the next hour? Like why I'm not even I don't even care about nothing else like rude dead, like.
Speaker 1: They didn't everything with Maddy and Cassie.
Speaker 6: I swear I did the same thing and hit the button on the remote.
Speaker 1: It was like an hour like turn this ship? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Jan if y'all didn't know what it's called, youphor it ain't causing there.
Speaker 1: I don't agree with Ken and I feel nothing.
Speaker 6: I did feel for the character because I was in there, But once I seen there was an hour left after that, I was like, there's nothing that they could do in this next hour that would impress me.
Speaker 1: Nothing because.
Speaker 2: Why would you.
Speaker 1: Was dead? Yes, bro't here for this is the rule show.
Speaker 6: If you asked me like it, it is, so an hour left, I was already irritated.
Speaker 2: I'm like, kid, what the fuck they're gonna do for the next hour? You know what?
Speaker 3: I I don't agree with Spike, but I do agree with Spike. I did look at the time and I was like, oh, there's an hour left. I thought we were gonna spend that next hour spending time with all of the other characters and how this death affected them. I get why they didn't do that, but that's why I was okay that she died halfway through the show, because I thought we were gonna get like a big emotional not necessarily a funeral, but just everybody having to deal with her death, especially pocast Lexi, because Room might still be alive if it wasn't for as Lexi.
Speaker 1: I would need to see her reaction. Bro we could have seen, but.
Speaker 2: Lexi was the one that old what's her name? Maddie didn't. She didn't. Lexi didn't for that, so that labor But.
Speaker 7: Maddie, Yeah, Maddie, Maddie killed Ruth at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: And no, that's true.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, and you had to have realized that, so I hope you didn't realize that at the very end when we saw her put it together in her mind, like, I hope that had had been a thought.
Speaker 10: But I do agree.
Speaker 7: I wanted to sit with the reactions, and that's what I meant when I said it after I wanted more time, Like I wanted to see if we're gonna do forty minutes, forty five minutes to an hour more of this show without rue. I want to see people's impact of that, not fast forward a whole month, and and and me not really being able to see any real change out of anybody's situation as a result.
Speaker 1: Of yeah, like at all.
Speaker 5: Cassie was sitting on the bed talking, well, she was an addict, which I understand is how yeah, But at the same time, like they it's almost like they really just didn't give a fuck. It's just like Jules Jews just she just like you just slapped her in the painting, and now you're gonna paint her like what the fuck like your last thing of jusus you slapping the ship out is in there, that's your last memory you have and then tell her to get out of your painting and walk it out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I feel like this was Oh sorry, go ahead, Rod.
Speaker 8: I was just saying I thought I thought she was emotional actually when she was, and I liked that, like you we got from I like, and I like what we got from Lexi.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's my spirits are back down low because I disagree with Rod. I hate that I have to disagree today, But nah, I don't like what I got from Lexi because I don't need this profound anything from her at this point, because I just don't want to hear it from you. I do agree that that Maddie is the bigger problem. But Lexi treated her like shit the last time she saw rue. So for all of this, like, oh, this means that like maybe you know, I'm not well, I forgot what she said, I'm not a terrible person, or that everything I did wasn't wrong something stupid. I'm like, I don't want to hear this shit from you.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 3: But forgiveness, yeah, yeah, it's also about vengeance.
Speaker 2: So I would have liked for vengeance to hit Lexi one good time.
Speaker 1: But they say it was a lot of violence and sets in the.
Speaker 8: Bible about the Bible and stuff. I like, I like what she was saying about it. She's like, it's actually actually kind of beautiful and tragic and and all of the I like that moment. I like that realization with her, because she she was just like at first, it's like fuck it, don't get that ship out of my house, like like, but I like that she you know, she she came to a realization that is actually something that she might look into.
Speaker 7: It seemed like she was the only one who actually sat with her emotions and figured out because she did have the guilt of how she handled Rude for the last time, so it seems like she was the only one who actually communicated how she was processing the feelings of Rude dying.
Speaker 10: So I will give her that.
Speaker 7: I mean, she's probably my least favorite character this season.
Speaker 10: But I will say that at least.
Speaker 7: She was trying to express and I have a conversation about how it made her feel. But nobody else, like Cassie, Maddie Jewels, nobody else was I feel like in touch with what they with the emotion of losing room and what that meant.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll say about that. I do agree again, but the reason Lexi shit bugged me is because Lexi just made it about herself. So I was like, I don't care about anything that you're saying right now.
Speaker 3: With the thing with addicts and addicts dying, especially if they're addicts that you've known for a long time and you've known that they were addicts.
Speaker 1: This is kind of how it goes like.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of them were actually best friends with Rue Jewels, and we should have seen Lexi be a little bit more emotional. But I think they also said this was a couple months later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think to expect that they're still broken up about this. I've had addics die and you're kind of like, yeah, it sucks for a couple of weeks, and it's like, well, we kind of expected it.
Speaker 4: I think they.
Speaker 3: All expected Ru to die. I don't think anyone expected Ru to kind of make it out of this.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I do slightly agree with you about Jules, and that was Nick what I said beginning. That was my biggest gripe with this whole episode is you didn't do ship with Jules. If there was one person that we should have seen break down. If you didn't want to pay Nina King her money, fine, but you already had Hunter Schaeffer on the damn show. Just pay her the dough and give her the scene that we all expected to see.
Speaker 2: So that pissed me off.
Speaker 4: To be broke up about her being dead.
Speaker 7: I can't be the only one in this room sad, like somebody needs to be. And even if it's just hard leaving a pitthouse dude, because of the realization that Rude's not here anymore, like just something I needed somebody's situation to change change.
Speaker 10: Also impact of.
Speaker 3: That, Yes, that's it, though I get it was it was it, But I mean he was that was I mean, that was anybody that's that's the best actor.
Speaker 2: But he said, I think it's you.
Speaker 4: As his daughter.
Speaker 3: He did, he did, But as far as him her like, I think that that I'm with y'all. I do think that he brought it home and it did make sense for him to be the biggest emotional impact. But I think I think Hunter Shaffer was right there, yes, right there, robbed the audience of seeing that, and I think that's a problem. Someone said, someone said, Luke that we saw more of kitties BBL than of Jules's.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I think was.
Speaker 1: Able to definitely pull that scene off. Mike. I'm wondering did they.
Speaker 6: Did they want to give the impression that none of the none of her friends, so called friends cared about her as much as.
Speaker 1: My man did.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think, honestly, I think that this was just a rush job.
Speaker 3: And they didn't want to pay the people to do it because it doesn't make any sense. They can't make us believe that Jules did not care that Rue died.
Speaker 2: There's no way they can make me believe that.
Speaker 3: But go ahead, no, no, go ahead, make a part of this season was about that a lot of people have moved on so much in their lives and Rule is still kind of doing her stuff, and they, like one of y'all said, expected her to die.
Speaker 6: And I only thought of this when y'all were talking it out. It's made me think of it. I think that all of them kind of looked at this as an inevitable thing that was about to happen, where Colin Domingo's characters looking at it like, no, I can save her, Like I hear her talking about the Bible and God and Jesus and her warning to leave a better life. But I don't think any one of these people ever believed it, which is why we never got that emotion from them. But we did get the emotion from College Domingo in the sense of no, I thought this was going to happen up until the last moment, even before she went out there to pick up the drugs or whatever. I'm like, I'm trying to take her to her mom's house and get her not to do this. It kind of showed it he was the only one in the show that really cared about her.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Spike, and that's my problem this show Euphoria. It started with Jewles and Rue. They were the two main characters of this show. And the fact that Sam Levinson already has a reputation for what he did with Kat in season two. He did the same thing to Jewles that he did to Cat so and you can't.
Speaker 2: You can't take.
Speaker 3: One of the main characters of a show and just act like she doesn't exist. And that was my issue with this. We should have seen a lot more of Jewles this episode, and that was to me poor writing, really poor writing or just poor planning, whatever you want to say, I.
Speaker 4: Think it was.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's like what I think it was, mainly what I said in the beginning. I don't think she had the ability to I think she's really busy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I mean he's really busy. So he had to write her in the That's why he could.
Speaker 8: And that's good, bro, that's not just said in the best way he could, like you know, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, but I don't feel like it would have taken that much, Like they could have taken the scene of her painting and make it and just give it a little bit more drama, having more of a reaction, have her interacting with the Elliott dude, just have her like actually like act out the emotion that she was supposed to be exhibiting while she's painting.
Speaker 8: See that shit was dead to me after the way she left that pain on her last time, Like nah, now that that was dead like like and and the way that Ru was hurt at that point, At that moment, I'm like, yeah, that relationship isn't what it used to be.
Speaker 10: I mean, yeah, a relationship don't have to be where it used to be.
Speaker 7: That doesn't mean that I don't feel something when you die just because I'm not with you anymore, just because we are no longer in.
Speaker 10: Relationship with each other.
Speaker 7: Like to know that Ru is dead, should still like I should still bring something out of her other than some watercolors on a painting and walk away like I needed something else, some other sort of reaction from if anyone, Jules, to show that there was some some sort of impact that this character had on these people's lives.
Speaker 4: That was her outlet. That was her outlet, and that could be a therapy. But you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean different, and it's gonna make good TV exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Look I'm with y'all. I wish that she could have been a part of the show more. I really thought she was gonna be. But I think it's probably scheduling. I think they did two things. Now they're talking it out too.
Speaker 6: More like I think Sam Levice did two things in the sense of we wanted more from those characters, but I think they already had accepted it, versus us wondering is Rulee going to die as a character? So I feel like us the viewer, we're more in Colin Domingo's character in the sense of you go out here and you do all of these things because you cared about Rule as a character, as a person, but all of them, I think, And what he's trying to say is no, like you said in the interview clip that you've seen, like, no, this is how it happens.
Speaker 1: They had already accepted it a long time before.
Speaker 6: It's including jewels, and I think that's why we didn't get that emotion from them.
Speaker 3: I kind of think that he wrote it that way. I think you've given him a little bit of bell. I think that talking about how you.
Speaker 6: Dis servicing the fans all season though, like even with the swingy stuff, with the swingy stuff, and yeah, like he's listening to what people are saying about the show.
Speaker 1: So I think there's two sides of how you're taking Rule's.
Speaker 6: Definite sense of there's some people who wanted it to be like nostalgic and wanted to be glamorized and have these emotional moments. And those are the people like the Colin Domingo that got done at the end. However, there's also this side of it looked at it like this was always going to happen. This was the end of the story. That's how addicts usually die. And these are the reactions that you get. Do they go through phase There are different times that you feel different things, But if you fast forward a month or two months later, this is how people usually talk about someone who did pills or who was living.
Speaker 1: The lifestyle and left lived.
Speaker 3: I got all that, and I don't want to spend too much more time on this, but I'm with you, Spike. What I'm saying is we didn't have to get Jewels three months later. We could have got everybody else three months later. If there's anybody else here, I would have loved to have seen it. Yeah, I mean, in the moment, I'm sure Jewles was heartbroken because the last time she saw ru she smacked the shit out of her. We as the audience could have seen that and felt something from it, and they just glossed over it. And I think that was the problem. I'm with you with everything else, Spike, And I don't know that I believe that Sam Levinson wrote it like that. I think it's far more what Rob was saying that Hunter Shaffer just did not either didn't want to be involved with this with the season that much, or it was a scheduling on flick and he just did what he could. But I think that what he ended up going with was not great. Gotcha and you got any thoughts on Jews before we move on?
Speaker 16: No, we didn't see uh we get done at this point.
Speaker 1: I'm like, let's get this ship over crazy.
Speaker 3: We didn't see Bishops take Maddie to Alamo's Club, as you know that Maddie and Cassie are still a part of his whole business plan. Lou, what did you think about the conversation Alim Will had with Maddie in the back about his epiphany.
Speaker 5: Remind me again what he said. He was saying he want a wife rubs.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, because he flicked and he realized that you don't want to have babies. He was still running game on her, talking like whatever she would go for, he trying to see how far she would go.
Speaker 1: He was dollars No, he wouldn't.
Speaker 4: He was.
Speaker 1: He pushed his stake away.
Speaker 3: It was a good looking state too, but it did look good.
Speaker 6: I just can't believe that though. I don't believe she put that on him like that for him to be like.
Speaker 1: I think he had a break.
Speaker 3: Sometimes bruh, when the smoke player just ain't after you're done hitting the blunt, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Like, sometimes you have to strip. Can't know that happens to most niggas. And the trip like I figured it out. Yeah, you know, he was the money that she brings me in.
Speaker 6: He's attracted act, he's attracted how she acts, in the money that she brings in, and he thinks that he wants to but he's still run a game on her.
Speaker 3: He's just trying to secure her on a lord intimate level. Absolutely surprised the conversation with you. I'm surprised that this conversation with you.
Speaker 2: I think that there was this a shitty ass writing.
Speaker 3: I don't think that if he wanted just the money, why would he have to wipe her up. He already owns her. He was acting like he was in love and he wanted to settle down. This was ass and not even as this is one of the other ones. This was this was This was Lauri's ass. That dirty swamp doo ass, dirty dirty red nick nazy ass.
Speaker 2: Ain't nothing worse than some hate flass nick.
Speaker 10: Hate.
Speaker 3: But nah yah, that's like a little he was just he was like, bro, I see a bad dy in front of me. My best stage is behind me. Given up me, like I'm ready to settle that.
Speaker 6: He was running, bro, I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: He was like because remember Cassie was like just that, like you you know, like him or whatever. And then he was saying, yeah, you know because she was something like you know, you know, made all this money, you.
Speaker 1: Got this big empire. She just just gasting his head up.
Speaker 5: But the thing that stout, he was like, yeah, but for who he was like her kids, bro, So yeah he was.
Speaker 1: He was trying to knock her eyes up. He was He's sad, I want to have some Coco brown.
Speaker 6: Are with Like this is shitty, right, it is.
Speaker 1: It's just god awful, right.
Speaker 7: He is bad writing, but what it did for me is just really Like if I didn't believe that she was stuck for the rest of her life before ar like this Nigga is trying to make you his concubine for the rest of your life. Like he want to put water headed babies, and you like you are stuck, bitch.
Speaker 2: A waterhead, you head. You gotta think.
Speaker 10: About this thing when you when you get pregnant by somebody, Do I really want to push out somebody whose head is.
Speaker 2: Shape like that.
Speaker 4: The rest of life?
Speaker 2: My only question to you, what what number of that is on the list? Am I gonna let him pregnant?
Speaker 1: That top?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You look, I mean you want to have babies with a nice looking person and if they have a big head, like what is the Yeah, that's that's that's part of the physical Yeah, it's up there.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's part of the approval process.
Speaker 1: Is man, I've never heard that before.
Speaker 8: That that's the first time I heard that.
Speaker 2: That makes so much sense though, the first.
Speaker 1: Time I've heard it. But it's so on point, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know heard that's ship they we ain't never got that close kid.
Speaker 4: All got kids kids.
Speaker 18: Okay we recorded can't remember that?
Speaker 6: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Oh but yes?
Speaker 3: So uh we see Bishop take man almost club. They have the epiphany all while this Mike we got I lead dressed like Colonel Taylor, not Colonel Brown Taylor. He had to cut like over anything. Tell you have a cut like colonel saying Colonel Brad Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's funny. He set the strip club down.
Speaker 1: In the worst way.
Speaker 2: Are we talking about the whole scene or just with him walking in?
Speaker 3: We can talk about it all. We can talk about it. I'm I'm I'm mixed. I'm mixed on this, and here's my logic. That was a bar for the dead end.
Speaker 1: Guys I got up to.
Speaker 3: Oh, I liked parts of this, but I would be lying if I said it did not feel like a completely different show. I liked him walking in, I liked all the lead up. I even liked him shooting the Marshaw guy in the nuts. I liked all of that. I don't really know how much I liked the parts after that, like Alamo throwing the bull's head through the through the glass was like, this is goofy, And then you know, him walking out them having a standoff. I'm like, bro, just shoot him. What are we talking about? Are y'all serious?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna roll the bottle. And when the bottle hits the ground, that's when you draw. And I'm like, bro, if you don't shoot this dude, And and when he this was the worst acting I've ever seen from Coleman Domingo when when Alamo pulled the gun up and come, oh my, that.
Speaker 3: Was like, to Coleman Domingo's credit, his mouth is always opening all his rolls.
Speaker 2: He was just looking. It was just him looking at you're right, you know, you know, y'all are right. And Coleman Dimingo's lips have only met like three times in his entire life.
Speaker 1: What you're doing here? No to y'all.
Speaker 6: To Mike's point, man, this is good and I enjoyed it. This ship wasn't bad, man, This ship wasn't bad at all. But it just wasn't what I wanted to see on the last episode of Euphoria. Yeah, like, all of this stuff was good in a totally different setting. This could have been a wonder off. This could have been a preview or whatever the fuck did they do before the show comes on like they did with Call It the Mingo last week. All of that stuff would have worked for this, and I would have rather spent more time like, man, Mike's here with them, like really being impacted by what happened to Route.
Speaker 2: I wish that we got that as fans.
Speaker 6: However, I do think that he's trying to tell another story in this and this story being the Western and him trying to close that out in the sequence is what he really leaned into for the final act of this show, and it just took some out of it. Man Like, it just it didn't really feel like euphoria.
Speaker 1: It was a good sorry Spike, No, sorry Spike, go ahead. No.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say it was a good like for like Toad's point, like how it looks, the way it played out, all of that shit was good, but it just didn't make sense for what I wanted to see in the end of this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just gonna say.
Speaker 3: Even even him throwing Maddie through the window, I was just like, bro, what what in the fuck are we watching? The only part that I liked was I think that I don't remember the young lady's name that plays Maddie, but I liked her facial acting when she shows that she's realizing that Alamo killed Rue because Coleman just like he kills everything. Even though I didn't like this stuff, he killed it. When he was like who hired you? Who are you working for? He was like, bu, I just liked the way he delivered it, Like it sounded menacing, but it almost sounded like I'm I'm upset. Yeah, it sounded like I'm an angel of vengeance, like I'm here not getting away with this, You're not. It's just it was too good and I don't know that many actors that could have delivered it this well, and.
Speaker 6: Even to your point of putting on the same by the who excuse me? The different world colonel ship, like it made sense though, and how he was acting and the character that he was taking on and like that wasn't a regular Ali that was.
Speaker 1: Ili to smoke crack and dude.
Speaker 6: The shadow boxing, like that was who we got going into this strip club, and that made that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in the military.
Speaker 3: Member all of the Yeah, I get it, he was still a military dude, but this was still this was he a man in uniform when he's served in our country.
Speaker 6: Jump it was a little bit like, this was straight just military.
Speaker 2: Brings some sense. What did you think about this scene? Bro?
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like I like it.
Speaker 8: It set us up for it because you know, he's been spending all of this time, you know, trying to save save the lives of addicts and and freedom and stuff like that. But it's at this point he's like, no, I'm done with that ship. I'm taking the matters in my home. Somebody said the angel vengeance or whatever like that, and yeah, I like it.
Speaker 4: I liked that.
Speaker 8: He was just like, no, We're going to go a different route with this because obviously, you know, all the other ways didn't work, so this was the last straw for him.
Speaker 4: And I like it.
Speaker 8: I like the set up they've been They've been playing on the whole Western thing the entire season, and while it didn't feel like euphor you we've been saying that from the jump, they stuck with what they what they've been showing us from the from the beginning, So I feel like it just doubled down on the whole theme. So in the sense of this particular season, I felt like it actually fit personally, and I did like Alamo, he felt he felt menacing. I know it did seem a little a little hokey, but I don't know, man, I think he delivered it really well.
Speaker 4: I do. I really do think he did. And I know, like the whole bottle and all that ship, but I don't know. It was believable for me.
Speaker 8: And then I like and I like how Bishop got his well, what do you call that not retribution by by.
Speaker 4: Taking the bullets out.
Speaker 8: So I think they bodied this this scene, honestly, I do IFVI should.
Speaker 1: Do that, Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 4: The trying.
Speaker 7: I think that they were trying to identify, like who in this room is a good guy and a bad guy? And Bishop has done horrible things, right, but there's always been this like underlying like moral code that he has. So I think ultimately he sees how Alamo treating the girls, how he's treating I'm not saying this is good. I'm just saying this is how it makes sense to me, like, because essentially Alamo cheated and was going to shoot him before the time. So I think that was them showing that Alamo is actually not a good guy and that Bishop and Coleman Domingo's character are did I like it, no, but I think that's what they were trying to say, that ultimately Bishop is has a moral compass, And it was interesting to me that even the little kid that was like Bishop has a control versus Alamo because he told him put your gun up, like, we're not doing this.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: I thought I saw how we treated him right right, right, So yeah, I think that was just them trying to show who actually was a good character versus a bad character. I just didn't like it, and I didn't like the fact that Maddie killed Rue but Ru still somehow managed to save Maddie and I ain't like it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's the part.
Speaker 6: That you sure now you did a really good jobs Like you did a really good job of explaining it.
Speaker 1: And if we were on Dead in Sports, we would say this is Bell Bond, this is Nay's.
Speaker 6: Bill Bond because you bailing them, I know, like there's because what you're saying makes sense. However, it's giving them a lot of bail in the sense of I think I already knew that Bishop was a good character just by some of the stuff that he was saying to Ruth throughout the series. I didn't I can't make myself believe that he's going to in this moment take his his bullets and make him lose in a shootout, because we already knew he was bad. You've been working for him for all these years as a bad person. Like this, just this, this just seems so easy for.
Speaker 3: A writer to change in this life it changed now. Oh wow, you want me to take you home, Mady.
Speaker 6: Like get the first Roger a long time ago, Like this is the moment that you do it.
Speaker 3: Stop Michael Rogers told you brother, Angel Avengers came through the Roomiggain and some just right there.
Speaker 2: Angel Avengers would have died had it not been for Bishop. I think this was trash.
Speaker 3: It would have made ten times more sense to me if that little kid did it, because at least he had a reason, and we didn't see him do anything bad throughout the show. The fact that Bishop just chopped some dude up a couple episodes ago, the fact that he didn't really fuck with Rue because he was trying to imply to Alamo to get rid of Rue.
Speaker 2: The only the only.
Speaker 3: Person that he defended was Maddie. So I thought they were trying to make it seem like he had feelings for Maddie, So I was like, what are they doing?
Speaker 1: You got Alimo falling in love with Maddie.
Speaker 2: Now you got Bishop falling in love with Maddie to the point where he kills Alimo.
Speaker 1: This is ass.
Speaker 2: This would have only been good, Nick is if.
Speaker 3: If after the end of all of this, we see that guy that he had himed up in that room that he was gonna chop up, he still alive. If they showed him still alive, and they showed him walking away or going into the burger king or something, then I would have been like, Okay, I accepted he changed his tune and he wasn't really killing these folks.
Speaker 2: But no, Bishop was a bad dude.
Speaker 3: He threatened to kill Ruth's mother, but now he's taking the bullets at a dude's gun. Was this was Sam Levison just being like, you know what, fuck it I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do a line real quick, and I'm just gonna write some bullshit. Y'all just gonna accept it. That's what I only I only can't. I only disagree with them for this one point. We wouldn't have got the scene where at once he finds out the bullets there.
Speaker 2: I see you could have said that to the kid though. He Mike rewarded that scene about hey, well you know you when you.
Speaker 3: Know you lost a little sometimes you just got to be like, all right, I at least get this out.
Speaker 1: Let me say this for you.
Speaker 5: Gutts have definitely articulated more issues I've had with this episode and this This was definitely, uh a huge part of it as well. All this ship was stupid. There are only a couple of things I like. I like when he did you was his third shot to make sure he was done. He was dead, So that that was that was That was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Him throwing that damn bullhead at him was fucking hilarious because Coleman had no fucking idea with what that was from.
Speaker 2: That was a genuine like, oh ship, what.
Speaker 3: He felt authectically that could be even the thing.
Speaker 5: But you know, it's just he walked in the club, he Barrick basically locked the club doors, nobody could get in or out, and he sat down for a while, and at no point did anybody tried to go in and out of the club to notice. The motherfucker was like, but I'm sorry, it just It just didn't make any sense, you know, because it's not like he just walked then walked aroun I started shooting.
Speaker 1: He sat down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he waited for a shot to finish doing what he's doing, to come up there and sit with him, and everybody was just in there, just chilling.
Speaker 2: He he did Marshaan dirty in this motherfucker.
Speaker 3: He told a lot, bro, you can't. You can't, Mike. I know you'all gonn feel going again. One of my worst fears.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Going from almost getting cheeks to getting your dick shine in twenty minutes is insane.
Speaker 2: Should have finished.
Speaker 1: That's not how he thought he was going to get his dick well, damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not how he thought he was gonna bust today. Damn y'all are adios man.
Speaker 3: Rod had to y'all remember because Rod got a couple two He's like, you guys don't get his nut off, but he got his blown off.
Speaker 2: He tea yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was funny because like, you'll die from that. He just made himself die.
Speaker 2: Remember when that little boy got his you know, he said, hey, you lose that, you may as well be dead. Marshal, He's like Jesus I'm trying to go see.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but I will say something like, okay, well when when he heard the bullets the gun clicking, you know, I guess it was honorable that he left the bottle hit the ground before he shot, you know, all right, because word is bond. I guess it was too old. It's changing, you know, sayings they used to have back in the day. But I think the biggest thing was Bishop doing what he did for no, no damn reason. And I think them trying to use the dog as a means to show that he may be a different person to get this poodle or whatever it was, just, you know, we have to really add a lot of shit to make him doing what he did make sense. Throughout this whole eight episodes seven, we have not seen Bishop disagree with anything Alamo done all season to the point where he would turn on him, and that is the biggest, biggest issue. The only thing he said was I like to surprise people. Well he surprised the fuck out of Alamo.
Speaker 2: Hey, best line Alimo had all season.
Speaker 1: What you say about a dog?
Speaker 4: How he did Eddie?
Speaker 8: I think anybody's expendable, like I think he thought, if I do something wrong, he'll probably kill me too.
Speaker 1: But she wasn't gonna do anything wrong though.
Speaker 8: She was always what I'm saying, but one false moves. I mean, Edie didn't think he did anything wrong either. He didn't think about to die. He did though. The job, that's the job. That's not the job.
Speaker 1: That's the job.
Speaker 3: If I'm if I'm working as a manager in the strip club, the job is to die.
Speaker 1: The job not a magic city. But if you work if an Alamo.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I got these drugs running through here, all this illegal ship is going on.
Speaker 2: You only get that position if you understand it.
Speaker 1: That's the job.
Speaker 6: So part of the job is when that ship happening, you get robbed. You can't say anything. And the thing is they made it.
Speaker 5: They made it seem like that he did this for Maddie, right, right, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: So no, and why why did he do it for Maddie? Right?
Speaker 5: But when that dude to put his dick up against the wall, bro, you don't think he did it.
Speaker 8: I don't think it was. I think it was a combination of things.
Speaker 1: But we didn't see what those things were. Biggest problem.
Speaker 6: The only thing, the only thing that we seen was Maddie and did him asking her, oh, you want to ride home?
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 2: And then kitty big booty ass come running there, jumping.
Speaker 1: Out there out.
Speaker 8: I feel like he always had a soft spot for ruthe. I feel like he always told her little little little things, you know, here and there, like don't do this, do that. You know what I'm saying, make sure you do this, make sure you don't do that. Like I feel like he always told told her like, look, if you do this, you're gonna suck you up.
Speaker 1: And your mom, right.
Speaker 8: But I don't think he was gonna actually kill her mom ship.
Speaker 1: If AM asked him to do it, he was gonna do it.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I think that was a scare tactic.
Speaker 3: They were scared of the death. Damn wow, who said that? I looked corny ass joke.
Speaker 1: I wish I had thought of it, but it was.
Speaker 2: Very entertaining but also unbelievable.
Speaker 3: But I really did like how this episode ended with a leg going to see what was about to say, lou not go ahead, I was gonna say, I le going to see the place that we started off the season where Ruth felt like she was like, this is the most peaceful, whatever the fuck you know, family, or just feeling I've ever had being around these people, and he went to go see them and kind of again, like y'all talked about, make a full circle moment and we get to see force goes through, you know, sit at the end of the table.
Speaker 2: You want to think that.
Speaker 3: I will go on record of saying I really really liked this scene. I thought this ship was great. I thought, I thought Ali going and finding this this fucking weird, too good to be true, white family and having a seat at their table and then looking down and seeing ru at the other end again, I think this is This is when I recognized the whole burning Bush thing. I was like, oh, they're bringing this all the way full circle because she's sitting at the head of the table, almost like some Last Supper shit.
Speaker 2: I thought this was great. I didn't really care for the whole.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to say she's Jesus, I don't want to, you know, but I mean, I definitely think they were making some kind of reference to the Last Supper because she was kind of you can't see my arms, but she was kind of sitting like this, and then she's said, well, and then they kind of the whole God bless us all shit.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a low corny but no, yeah, man, I think I think this was a great way to end this this episode. I really liked all of this and the one girl who we thought was gonna come back, even though she didn't really, but it was almost like they were implying that she could kind of see rue too.
Speaker 1: I like this man's corny. That was corny.
Speaker 5: It's like that was what that was the first episode she said it was the same seat she was sitting in. You know, I get it, but you know it's all right, cool, I'm with you this point right.
Speaker 2: I can't get this ship out of here.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: This man like this didn't mean this ship was like what like, damn, get all of this out of here.
Speaker 1: And lying motherfuckers. Marlin who Marlin with me? That was his name, that was the name.
Speaker 2: Yes, he changed his name, he became Muslim. I was gonna say, I leave that like a Muslim transfer day. You man, what you mean yeah that Christians? Yes?
Speaker 1: Wow, he lie like did so. I thought the niggas just up and line.
Speaker 5: Was like, look, some motherfuckers, I'm just gonna I'm trying to get away y'all got a spot for me up here, up here, which I got dog the horse, not horse, but the counter had a baby and ship like yeah, I didn't connect that.
Speaker 2: Hell, I didn't connect that part.
Speaker 1: It was a miracle. Oh oh.
Speaker 3: That's fine, that's fine. Smart motherfuckers. But I didn't think about it like that. But that's fine. Yeah that works. What did you never mind? It don't even matter.
Speaker 10: What did what?
Speaker 2: What the hell did they want? They really?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What did y'all want?
Speaker 5: I just didn't want to end at this point.
Speaker 2: I didn't want it to be over.
Speaker 1: That's all. I just make it be over. I ain't need none of this stuff.
Speaker 2: I was over. He could have when when Rue died.
Speaker 8: And while we're still doing yeah, well we're.
Speaker 12: Still doing here, all this out of here God, So as he found her body, he should have made a couple of phone calls, zoom in on his face, cut.
Speaker 1: Scene, wrap out, brosne y'all.
Speaker 4: If it ended, yeah, yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was my hour and seven minutes of this damn show. Did nothing.
Speaker 3: It was all the handling business and photo jewels and all that, but I'm saying it's not the entire thing home.
Speaker 2: It brought everything home.
Speaker 1: The whole.
Speaker 2: It did the whole.
Speaker 3: Reason of Rue, converting all of the burning bush shit, this whole savior complex that Rue all of a sudden had, and the fact that she had to die for everybody else to be free.
Speaker 2: It brought everything home.
Speaker 3: Y'all might not have liked it, and I'm not trying to convince y'all to like it, but y'all can't say it didn't like complete the story or complete the whole narrative that they were trying to push.
Speaker 2: The story was complete when she rolled over on the couch.
Speaker 4: The story was done.
Speaker 2: The story was complete.
Speaker 5: She was murdered, and her friends think she od like the whole time. They don't even know she was gonna be killed.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's it's but you know now that that that came in and shut up the club.
Speaker 1: Wow, that.
Speaker 2: Sound crazy. Maddy knows for sure, Matt, He's gonna tell people. Maddy's definitely gonna tell people.
Speaker 4: Cassie's not gonna care.
Speaker 1: Cassie ain't even gonna get it.
Speaker 3: I think at some point they'll they'll get to Jules. I think I think the word will get out that, like Ruth.
Speaker 2: Didn't just passed away, she she was murdered. They killed her.
Speaker 5: Anybody gonna tell it, It's gonna be Maddien because Maddy be telling.
Speaker 3: Me, Mattie telling everybody. Bro, all you got to do is tell Lexi le gonna make a show about it.
Speaker 7: Let me ask this question, right, So, now that Maddie knows Maddie's out of her situation with with Alamo, do her and Cassie maintain a friendship.
Speaker 5: That's why Kitty loved to go with her to do the whole only man ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, business thing. I don't think it will be friends like that.
Speaker 7: Because I'm like, Cassie is still in debt from Nate's that. I don't understand why they didn't just tell that mansion. But whatever, as he still has dad from Nate. So she said she said.
Speaker 2: An episode she did.
Speaker 3: She was like, she said it, I owe more than it's worse type ship, so it don't even matter as well keep them mom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she can use the place to make money with the girls, so it makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an ugly ass place though, like a god damn gingerbread house.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does look crazy, y'all.
Speaker 5: Didn't because it was the scene when she put it out and Cassie was in this Barbie house.
Speaker 1: Y'all didn't We didn't say anything about it. Y'all don't give a fuck it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, just just in case anybody asked, no talk about this scene.
Speaker 1: But that's a reason why, for a reason it was. It was it was Cony. You read the red.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to acknowledge it because it was supposed to be a big moment.
Speaker 10: Nick.
Speaker 1: They lingered for a minute, they did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't even fuck up any other thoughts on this episode, the last This is the last we ever gonna talk about you for We've been on a long journey with this show.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think this show's good.
Speaker 8: It obviously got these actors to a really good point because how good the show was. Unfortunately, you know what I'm saying, they weren't able to dedicate that same amount of time to the show. And obviously the stuff that happened with Sam Lewiston, unfortunately, I think kind of kind of messed up the last runner this or whatever.
Speaker 4: But I think, ultimately, man, I think it's still you know, solid, it could have been.
Speaker 8: Obviously, it could have been better if it still felt like that the people were still.
Speaker 10: Around that made the show what it was.
Speaker 8: But I think, you know, like I said in the beginning of the show man, I think they did the best they could to wrap this thing up. And that's where I'm still at with it.
Speaker 3: Strong opening, pitch poor closing. There were some great things that was done with this series.
Speaker 6: If somebody asked me should I watch it, would definite tell them yes, because I don't think how they ended it serves to how good the good moments of those first two seasons were. Like I put that up there with some of the best TV that you're saying. With that being said, I think it ended right on time. I did not need another season of this. As you can tell about this last episode, they're really grasping the straws for say things to do. So I'm glad they did ended here and all of my it's a good show. Like I would recommend it to people. If someone asked me what should you Should I watch you?
Speaker 1: For you? I would definitely tell them yes, Okay, I'll go.
Speaker 3: I guess I agree with Spike. I think that that it was it was still and Rod. I guess it was a really good show. I think all in all that I don't think they shit the bed for the ending. I think the ending worked. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really need a whole season of Western motifs for a show like this, but it's what I got. And you know, for a really uneven season, I think that they closed the final episode out good enough for me to walk away saying, yes, you should watch Euphoria. Just be aware that the first two seasons are great and the third season is very uneven. So I think all in all, Sam Levinson did a good job.
Speaker 2: He needs to go ahead and relish this money because he's probably not going to get another job after this. But uh, yeah, I think I think they did.
Speaker 1: They did good enough. Yeah, he's he's done, But you know, it was a moment in time.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, for a lot of people, they took the world by storm. You know, we're gonna see a lot of actors from this show go on and and a lot of them are already doing really good things, and he'll continue to do it. So I think in terms of a complete one through three seasons, for the most part, you got a beginning.
Speaker 1: Middle, and an end. You know, and uh, whether.
Speaker 5: You like it or not, at the end of the day, I think there's a conclusion to the story, and you know, I think that's all you can hope for, and we're not left with, you know, a very ambiguous ending.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's good enough.
Speaker 5: So so yeah, yeah, we're done. What a what a last couple of what a ride for the last couple of years?
Speaker 1: Huh? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also it's still one of the best looking shows that I've seen on TV. They're cinematographers. Even though I didn't like the first couple of episode cinematography wise, they came together for this last half. Even the episodes I didn't like towards the last half of the season, I still think they looked really good.
Speaker 2: May what's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: No, I can court with what was just about what everybody said. I think ultimately this has been a really good show. I think it was a really interesting take on addiction. I think that if you are watching the show for any of the other reasons, I think going into the show, I would say, this is a really interest tail about addiction.
Speaker 10: And the impacts of it.
Speaker 7: And I think that because I started to go back and rewatch season one in preparation for this, I think I rewatched all of it. Yeah, I caught up in preparation for this, and the show was really It.
Speaker 4: Was a lot in the beginning, but.
Speaker 7: I think that the impact pays off and the shock value pays off when you.
Speaker 10: Realize what this show is trying to showcase.
Speaker 4: And I think I agree.
Speaker 7: Sam Levinson did a really good job with this particular story, and the performances were great, and I would suggest it to somebody else.
Speaker 10: Again, I wish we could have tied it up a little nicer, but ultimately it was a solid three seasons of TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is the last great teen drama that we had.
Speaker 3: I think we all grew up in the nineties early two thousands and we've seen some shit that kind of you was talked about around the country, and I think this the last show of that. That's like mainstream Lise. Everybody got their little nitch shows. But I think this is the end of an era with that. And like you said, can these these A listers topping up and down on this roster? So we'll see them in different shows, But I think this this series ended off well. Like you said, Loutle, this may be.
Speaker 2: Top fifteen HBO show all time.
Speaker 3: Still, in my opinion, you can make the list top twenty, give me top twenty, give me top twenty twenty five. Five, Oh you're tripping spider. No, that's top twenty twenty five. You can't even yeah for real? Yeah, top ten would day? This show changed ship. This show made other shows want to step up their game as far as how they did, like Filmmaker.
Speaker 2: But see, Mike, you ain't. You haven't watched Industry, right, I have not.
Speaker 3: It's on my list, you see, like a better than this though, and Industry was influenced by this show?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah it was. What does that mean? It's still better than Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: Still better than this. And I ain't saying that, like because Euphoria is really good.
Speaker 1: I ain't saying that.
Speaker 2: It's not one of those shows that should have be had in the conversation.
Speaker 3: If somebody says Hayes top ten, Hayes top fifteen, top twenty, I'm not going to scarf at them. I would have the conversation with them and start naming the HBO shows that I'm familiar with to say.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's better than this?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Like, you can't say that though? You can't say that because Industry it hasn't even ended. It's going to end this final season, so you're not get everything into it. I'm not saying the industry is better than this. I'm saying the industry is in the conversation with this and it ain't even done yet, so I won't even know what it's.
Speaker 1: Going to do on their land.
Speaker 2: Just two minutes. Industry is better. I'm not saying industries best.
Speaker 1: Sound like this episode, Spike. The only thing I'm.
Speaker 6: Trying to say is if you're saying that this is the top ten HBO show and you haven't seen Industry, I don't think that that's.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to you telling me industry is not. No, I'm thinking I think it's better than Euphoria. Industry.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it hasn't ended yet, so if they blow the ending, I may be able to take that back and reneed that statement.
Speaker 1: However, right now, industry is better than you for I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna watchst like he sent them to high standards, Bro, just doing I want you to recommendations. You're not better than you for you. I'm not saying that. I'm not saying that. Would you say it's not though I know I'm saying, like, I'm not saying that I don't think. I don't think industry until I see the final season, I can't say what that is.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the same thing. Business that's about.
Speaker 2: It ain't that good, Lou and I fun with it, but it ain't that Euphoria.
Speaker 6: The whole point right there, This whole his response is my point.
Speaker 3: My point is that I don't have I got to wait till the final season come out because we've just seen the final season of Euphoria and you already concluded, all right, this is better now because I've seen the ending of this. So I'm saying, we got to put up both shows when both shows have ended, and see what's we.
Speaker 4: Two and a half hours, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go as.
Speaker 1: Bad, y'all.
Speaker 3: Uh, those are our thoughts on the final season of Euphoria.
Speaker 2: Please let us know what you guys think.
Speaker 3: FBS podcast is ready thread that's also a handle for I G and Twitter, and we'll catch on the next show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, peace, all right,