Speaker 1: What's up, y'all, be sure to tap into our YouTube channel On December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard time, we will be reviewing James Cameron's latest release, Avatar, Fire and Ash. As the Avatar series adds its third installment, we would discuss the film itself and if it needs to continue. This will be our final live show of the year, so be sure to come check us out and share your commentary and questions.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That's December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com FPS podcast.
Speaker 2: The Frans per Second Podcast. Hey everybody, and welcome to a new episode of The France Per Second Podcast. My name is Kenthy. Ban's joined him on the show is Mike and Nick. What up? Fellas? What up? What's going on? Glad to have your I don't know if this is a good one to have you on. Nick. It's random, you know, given the circumstances or the episode or documentary about the cover, which is Sean Comb's The Reckoning. But uh, but you know, I think we'll get through it respectfully. We'll see anyway, That's what we are here to discuss. Uh. The new Shawn Combs documentary. You know, Nick, Mike, I think it's Spike really really started selling it for me. He kept talking about how good it is, like they really did a good job, et cetera, et cetera. I haven't heard a lot of people say that, but I haven't really been talking to a lot of people about it. I just saw a lot of people say they had no desire to watch it. You know, neither did I, but at one point there was a curiosity I had to watch it. And then when Spike started talking about Initially I did have a desire to watching that, but then when he started talking about I was like, okay, well let me check it out. Then I saw it was four episodes. I thought it was like one full documentary, like maybe two hours or whatever whatnot, So it was four episodes.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have agreed to this if I knew it was four one hour long episodes.
Speaker 2: I just finished it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, same, I'm here. I just finished it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I finished it this morning, this morning, around eleven something like that. But yeah, I watched part of it. I watched half of the episode last night, so I can have room to finish it today. But anyway, man, let's let's jump into it. Nick, what did you think about it.
Speaker 3: When it dropped?
Speaker 1: Well, since since I moved out to Connecticut, the area that I'm staying at, the city I live in is close to New York City, so a lot of the people it's like an hour and a half train wide away. So a lot of people who I've been act with who are older, who grew up around here, they said like they were aware of a lot of these things that were in the dock because you know, it's it's it's close proximity. So everybody was like kind of telling me like, just like you can't. Like I wasn't really caring about seeing it because you know, Diddy was indiceted and all this stuff, the whole trial and stuff like that. Again, I'm close to the city where all that stuff was happening, so we would get updates, so I didn't feel the need to like do a four hour you know, recap. But everybody kept on saying, you gotta watch it, you gotta watch it, at least around my area, man, you gotta watch it. And I'm like, man, all right, if enough people saying that, let me just check it out. And of course it's produced by fifty. So that's another reason I was like, I don't want to see this is just a fifty you know, just running over him like over and over again with this with this doc But it was actually well done. It was actually well done. It didn't need to be four hour, especially that last episode. To me, that last episode wasn't needed. But the two, like the second and third episodes really was what like, was very very interesting to me. And then the footage, the footage itself was just kind of like crazy, like how he was talking like seven days or like less than that before he got arrested and all that other stuff. So I thought it was well done, but it also felt like a documentary that was like it was too early to spit out because there's still a lot of stuff that's still open cases or still pending and a lot of other things that I felt like, this may be like five years too early.
Speaker 4: M all right, Mike, I mean it was fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of the stuff I'd already heard. There was only like a few things and I was like, oh shit, I didn't know that happened. I agree it did not need to be for episodes long, because I'm not I'm not all the ways. Sure who this even appealed to, Like, I feel like anybody that's gonna watch this Diddy doc is gonna be people like us, and people like us know most of this already. But all that said, yeah, they did a really good job of putting his whole story together. I didn't know that's what this was gonna be. I thought it was just about the trial. I had no idea it was a rise and fall type of type of deal. So so no, man, it was cool for what it was. I'll never watch it again, and it's not like something I would recommend to anybody.
Speaker 2: I think for some of the young cats that are out there at Hawaiians as they like to call them, I think it would be probably a good watch for them if they're into hip hop and stuff like that, just to kind of get that story. I thought they did a good job of kind of telling the full story of Puppy, even though we lived it right, So it was interesting reliving some of those moments. I will say that, But the first two episodes, I really liked how they put this together in terms of telling the story, and that was one of the things that really started to sell it for me. When when lou was talking about it and how they just built him up started from the beginning when he was a kid, really showing the things that made him into who he was with kind of the first episode and then the sex episode and then just to do like the fall from grace that he had. So yeah, I got to give him credit. I think they did a did a good job of putting this together, and I think they told us. What I felt was it was a pretty complete story with what they had and some of the things that that we knew. Fifty is petty Nick. I was trying to see how involved he was early. I was trying to watch that interview that he did with the with the astraal director because he was the EP on it. But I don't know, but I think that he one of the things that he was saying is that you know he he did this. His goal was to give a platform to victims and reveal the truth about Comb's the last behavior, preventing the culture from condoning such actions. Do you think do you guys think he accomplished that with this?
Speaker 1: To me, this is more of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And I know it's weird to phrase like that because these were actual victims of like actual crimes, but it just it's like a vendiagram that overlaps with like, how do I take this guy down even further while also not having to seem like I'm like, as Marlon Walliams put the kicking them while he's down, you know what I'm saying, Like it's like it was.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like because I listened to Bomoni Jones, a podcast he had. He did a whole episode with the director of this doc asking asking her questions about like what was fifty's involvement and all that stuff. He basically said like he was kind of like he really let her cook. So like a lot of this felt like, at least from that, we felt like these were all like her storyboard of how she wanted to tell the story, and he was just kind of just the guy that was able to say, like, oh, if fifties attached to it, then it must be real. So it kind of helped her get those interviews and get some of that stuff.
Speaker 4: So he was just kind of.
Speaker 1: Like the the notarizer of it. But overall, I think, you know, fifties trying to do his own film and television stuff in Shreveport. I think this was like his first big introduction to say, like, okay, to take my film company seriously, I'm doing this doc, especially at this time. But overall, I I guess I'll say, I guess my answer will be I guess.
Speaker 2: Mike, you can answer the question too. But I want to also throw this question at you as well. Were you surprised that did he recorded as much as he did behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: No, I wasn't surprised about that at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it goes to just like the whole Epstein shit with Gallaine and how they're like, why are there so many fucking pictures. It's like people like that, they're just so egotistical that and you know what, it also made me think of if you watch any like old true crime docs, like a lot of those motherfucking like murderers, they keep trinkets so they can revisit the murders. And I'm sure people like Diddy's minds work the same way. I'm sure you know he does this foul, fucked up shit and then he probably goes back and jerks off watching the tapes because he's a fucking freak.
Speaker 4: So No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Surprised that there were all those videos, and plus he was he thought he was untouchable, and for a long time he was. So he's like, what difference does it make. No one's gonna bust me, no one's gonna talk, no one's gonna there's nothing that can happen to me. But as far as it being a first of all, I do not believe one bit. If that quote you read was from fifty cent about it being a victim story, I do not believe that one solitary bit. Now, if that was from the director, I'll believe them. Fifty I think he just got involved because this was a money thing. He knew it would be huge, and he don't fucking like fifty I mean, he doesn't like Diddy.
Speaker 4: Now. The thing is that I would also say, is I don't care.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I'm not of that whole like, don't kick a black man while he's down. Look, that black man kicked a black woman while she was down, So why should I give a fuck about anybody kicking him while he's down. We had an argument about this. I forget who was on whose side, but we had an argument about this. On the is the mic, I don't care. Yeah, huh no, no, no, no, no, no no. This was about Diddy. This was specifically about when the news first came out that that fifty cent was doing a Diddy doc, there was an argument about, well, you know, you shouldn't kick a black man. While it was the same argument like fuck Diddy, Fuck Diddy. If if Mark Lamont Hill had some bad luck and lost his house and then I don't know, who's a really cool, smart black person. I'm trying to think. I don't want to like somebody cool like not fuck. This is a goddamn shame.
Speaker 2: Really good.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say Vincetas okay, but you know what, yeah, we can say Vince Staples because prin Staples is very smart. So let's say let's say Mark Lamont Hill hit some bad financial luck, lost his house, lost his car, and then Vince Staples, who I also think is is an intellectual in his own way, came out and started clowning. I'd be like, man, that's kicking a black man. Wale, He's down because Mark Lamont Hill ain't bothering nobody. Diddy was doing real day damage to the to the black community, so why am I gonna be like, Oh, I'm not gonna watch this because man, it's kicking a black man while he's days. Bro, this man was graping black women. What are we talking about right now? It's it's it's just ridiculous, So.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, yeah, yeah not And and you know, I think they did a good job of showing some of those things that people did not know. Nick, I don't know how much of uh Sean Combe's earlier career you were familiar with. They spent a lot of time in the first episode with that showing him being a dancer and all the music videos, starting out as an intern at Uptown Records and really just kind of growing into you know, the mogul. How familiar were you with any of any of that stuff?
Speaker 1: So for me, like it memory wise, I remember like at least Diddy from Life After Album dropping forward. So before that, like it was more research as being me being a hip hop fan of the you know, Uptown Records, and so like that first episode there was a lot some new information as far as like him and Heavy d and that whole party that happened in New York and all that and how crazy that was.
Speaker 3: And it was just to me.
Speaker 1: That was really insightful to see how much like I'll be, you know, I forget about especially like our artists that came out in the nineties, how young they were and in the limelight and like to be that young and then in life like and keep growing and it just makes you know they always say money and all and fame just makes you more of who you already are. Like to see that before him at a young age is like, that's crazy. And then how they wanted to tie it back to like how his mom and the death of his pops and all this stuff. It was just a lot of stuff that I was like, Okay, they're trying to show the manifestation of this, but my memory comes from life after death.
Speaker 3: And it seems like the doc says, at that time.
Speaker 1: Period that's when he fully became what he is, you know what we see it today after Biggie's funeral, so like like you can like I grew up no One.
Speaker 3: Well, he had like multiple name changes.
Speaker 4: It was puff Puff.
Speaker 3: Daddy, Diddy, Diddy, brother Love and.
Speaker 1: All the other stuff. It's like I've seen all his iterations from that point and he dancing all the way like I know, I know it's a serious doc, but he.
Speaker 4: Is a dancing He is a dancing ass nigga.
Speaker 3: He does not have us as a stereotype about that.
Speaker 1: So it was just it's just weird that, you know how they always say that the devil's in the music, you know what I'm saying. And it's just like to see his influence because like the songs still are recognizable, they make it, they still have a good rhythm, but now they just have a different feel kind of like just like similar to our Kelly, where it's like, these are the songs that I grew up listening to, and now I feel weird about him because I know who the man is and then you see all these testimonies and it's just like the thing that got to me is like growing up, like like when you string along all these cases and like what he did to Shine, what he did to the what was his name? Was it?
Speaker 5: Burrow?
Speaker 3: The guy who was y Yeah yeah, like he took that yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Like and I'm just like, bro, he Like what he did to Steve Stout was like, bro, like how did he not get caught?
Speaker 3: Like how does this?
Speaker 1: How did he just get to now? The twenty twenty five or twenty twenty three, Like to me, this that's the that's the crazy part about it. And this is like you mentioned, Mike, he was public like he was the public figure for all of this in the news videos, all that stuff, and no one said or no one came out until now. It took a whole new millenniums to hit for him to go down.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It took a yeah, they were scared. It took a societal change, you know, the Me Too movement for people to take this stuff over. You know, the guy said he had a lot of money so he can buy a lot of shit, like Joy Dickerson Neil. You know. I think in the first episode she was talking about how she was raped and she was trying to tell people about it, and I think one of the guys was like, yeah, if I do anything or say anything, I won't be able to get to go to the parties anymore.
Speaker 4: Ye And I was crazy. I was crazy.
Speaker 3: He didn't even say a check, he just said a party.
Speaker 2: I'm like, b what mm hmm. Yeah, you know it's so. I'm sure Mike remembers this growing up, growing up at that time, Bro, Like you hear these stories, you know, you hear about Steve Stout, you know, and all this stuff, man, And it was such a different, dangerous time watching back this stuff and everything that went down with Buffy Big, which we get to a sec you know, it just reminded me, man, like we've come a long way from where it was. But you're talking about a lot of these kids. A lot of them were teenagers seventeen eighteen, so they don't really have an opportunity to kind of mature. They're growing up in one of the environment they're growing up in, and then they get access to money and now you know, there's so you're still stuck in this sort of infant sort of mindset and you just never let it. They never let it go and don't even give a chance to mature. So that's what happened to me. Like I remember that that City College stampede, Mike, do you remember that shit?
Speaker 1: So, No, here's the thing about a lot of this Diddy stuff. I learned about this stuff well after the fact because Wild Diddy was popular. This was like the height of all of the underground versus mainstream shit. So and that's what I was involved in. I wasn't paying attention to this shit, and anytime Diddy's name came up, it was always negative because he represented everything that we hated about hip hop, like all the fancy suits and the fancy this and the fancy that, and look how much money I got.
Speaker 4: So all of this shit.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear those Steve Stout stories until well after because at the time I didn't know the fuck Steve Stout was and didn't care. I just knew Diddy was the guy this alleged. I'd heard these stories. It was always Diddy was the guy that got Big killed. That was what that was what a lot of us knew. The other shit Nah, nah, no, which one? Which one was to Stampede.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 2: It was a city college. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah it was. Yeah, I think that. Yeah, nine people died. That was in ninety one. That was in ninety one, that that happened.
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember that. And when he was like, yeah, that's the thing that made me famous, It's like, God, damn, this dude was destined to be a piece of shit exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, did Yeah, the first episode I think they you know, Nick, you mentioned Melvin COM's I think there was even a story one of the guys said about especially when he left when he got fired from Uptown because yeah, he had blew up because he had jodys E marriaging Blige. He got fired and then he was like, I'm gonna do my own thing. And then the guy said he gave him twenty five percent equity in the company and then the rest to his mom, you know, because he didn't want he didn't want the City College Stampede people to get it. That's bru, that's that.
Speaker 1: And the thing is smart though, Like that's what I'm saying, Like it's always like it's like evil genius shit that he did. He always made sure that he he like he came off I mean, shit, he had so much baby or you know, his hands was soft. He came off for he like, he came off very soft. Like even with like the Sugar Knight shit, it was like sugar Knight was the devil and Puff was like the nice guy, especially what he did at the award show. But then like if you look at the literally the writing, the contracts, all that shit, he ain't paid no. Boy, that's my thing is motherfuckers was like loyal to him, not getting paid getting was it corporate thugged out of contracts or out of their own music? And shit, I'm like, how did no one speak up about this? I mean people did speak up about this because they always said bad boys. But that's what I'm saying, like, why did no one believe when it was like villages of people saying like this nigga is trash?
Speaker 2: As an executive, you couldn't it sounds crazy, you know, And some people did say, but yeah, you just really could get.
Speaker 4: But even Sugar Knight was like, I'm better than this at least.
Speaker 2: Like that is interesting because Sugar Knight, that was should Knight's point when he wanted to create Death Row East. He heard the stories and he put it out there even more publicly. And I remember that ship too. It's like you dancing in the video. It's very popular now. Yeah. So uh and then to your point, Nick, he what puff dude get up there? Because he knew that Sugar was from the streets and he wasn't. He was a dancer and intern. You know, Uh, he had everything kind of handed handed to him. But but you know, so but yeah, he he he was, he was not that guy. So he tried to present this image. Oh yeah, I want everybody blah blah blah blah blah, which wasn't true. But what's on record, what's on video is him saying something positive, whereas Sug so he looks better than sugar.
Speaker 4: Situation, Shug's the bad guy picking on Puff.
Speaker 3: Because that's when you asked me about, like what was it like for me to grow up with? Like that's what I grew up like.
Speaker 1: It was the marketing, the propaganda of the East coast, West Coast, because I was that's where the height of my youth came from.
Speaker 4: Was like witness and all that was that it was.
Speaker 1: It was like the West Coast were like the red you know, demons and whatnot, and then the East Coast were the blue angels and stuff like that. That's what it was on my at least my perspective. But then when you see all this stuff, it's like man like even even but the the again even new insights of like Shuge Night was with I'll be sure, so he was on the East Coast, he knew like everybody was closely relate, like less than it was not even six degrees of separation, it was like two. Like everybody was really involved with each other. So it's interesting to see how like certain storylines became what they were. Granted, it's New York City, so of course that's one of the big capitals of publications and at that time music industry, so you can spend shit however you want to. But it's just really really interesting to see how, like you mentioned, how powerful someone can be and how influential it is based off that.
Speaker 2: Power and a piece of ship going after everybody girls Albie Sure's girl.
Speaker 3: All the light skin niggas.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even Mike that was that was new for me. I will say that Eric Simon story was crazy, bro.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, Spike was that. Spike said that that did he hit Eric Sermon? And Eric Simon didn't really do anything. He just went around the corner and Diddy started playing the music and I was like, that ain't the Eric Sermon. I know, I can't see Diddy just fucking punching Eric Simon in the face and Eric Simon just don't fuck him up. But Eric Simon just said that he swung on me. That makes more sense. I could see Diddy doing that ship and then when Eric simmers like all right, bro, we about to go down the street and I'm gonna fuck you up. I can see Diddy being like, oh, well no, man, I ain't really mean it. Album Ready to Die baby the next day.
Speaker 2: And I'm ready to die.
Speaker 3: That was That was the funniest thing though.
Speaker 1: It is like, imagine you're about to feel like you about to fight somebody. Somebody plays, so I will say, hold on, bro, listen to this and it's good. That's That's how that's how much biggie is I got. He said Diddy twice.
Speaker 4: He thinks there ain't no way in hell. Eric Simmer was not a Diddy up.
Speaker 1: Hey, And everybody said it on the Dog he ain't no, he ain't no fighter whatever what you call. You would call Diddy anything you want, but he a fighter, is not one of them. So like that was a crazy story. Diddy, that's always have money because he would have gotten handled so many times in his lifetime if he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they did a good job with that, like showing him just surrounding himself with like real street dudes, you know, and using them as muscle. But yeah, every yeah, every sermon was like, yeah, we know what this guy is, but we know he ain't about that life. So taking around the corner and you know, and see what's up. But yeah, that that ship was crazy. What y'all think about Mark Curry? Mark was telling a lot of the stories too.
Speaker 1: Every time they say Mark Curry, I think of hanging with mister Cooper.
Speaker 3: See it's the hating when mister Cooper is Mark Corey.
Speaker 1: I guess because Mark Curry has been the guy who was, like, from what I've known historically, anytime you get a chance to hate on Puff or like to speak, you know, honest truth about Puff, he be the first person anybody called yeah.
Speaker 4: So he was so he was just he was just having a great time in this doc.
Speaker 1: I don't know him or I don't know anything about him, but I believe there was he said because of how the doc ended with him. Look, you don't make up some ship about a guy and then go on a big ass documentary and cry and you're a grown man. You don't do that. That shit affected him. Whatever the fuck did he was doing affected him. And then he called him a sucker ass nigga. I believed him. I believed everything he said. That man was not lying. Yeah, he wrote I think he wrote a book Dancing with the Devil or something like that a little bit ago, and that was just kind of like again expounding upon what he said in the dock. But uh, what I did find interesting is that Diddy has no talent except for his ear.
Speaker 4: Because he was saying, bro, I had to even even though at the end of the doc.
Speaker 1: Uh, the young producer was like, bro, we had to do like eight hundred takes.
Speaker 3: This right, I was like, bro.
Speaker 1: They was like, Diddy is trash like Gabbage, And granted we knew that too as fans, but.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, but he's still on very classic hip.
Speaker 1: Hop records, you know, with Versus and Ship, so I guess we kind of let this slide. But like to hear that from his peers or people who are in the room, was like, okay, that says a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. Mark Mark Curry was interesting because he was giving even more insight as an artist. He was like, nobody got paid, he said, did he got paid? Did would be in the videos? He would pay himself and all of those Like he was just laying it out, bro, And he was like everybody ended up leaving and you just growing up remembering all that stuff. You're like, damn like seeing the like retold him like yeah, yeah, they end up then total like he had a lot of with the mainstream bro. He had a line up and hit after hit after hit. You know. Mace was like, I don't even want to I want to do something else, was like.
Speaker 1: Mason, like again me growing up, Mace became a pastor like like that, That's what the curty said. People either end up dead in jail or with God, like you know, Like it was like it was crazy to see, like how being around this guy.
Speaker 3: Like either corrupted you.
Speaker 1: So so much so that you were going you wanted to go in a whole different direction, or either you just want to remove yourself or unfortunately other forces removed you from this life. So it was just but he was but he's he's a very interesting manipulator because he gets like what somebody messages, like, he knows how to please you, Like he knows like.
Speaker 3: He'll get you like he'll promise you fame, he'll promise you.
Speaker 1: Record deals, we promise you a chance of music industry, He'll promise you whatever. And then once he gets you in, then he makes he knows how to make you dependent on him, Like, I think the way people stick around if they weren't getting paid, they were at least in the lifestyle. So that's why the party's probably made a lot of h was heavily you know, emphasized on the hotels, the being in the studio with these bigger artists around, like it was just it's just it's like crazy.
Speaker 3: Like manipulation. I don't know how someone is able to do that.
Speaker 1: In today's sense, but like obviously, but back then, I think basically and where he came up, it's easy to see how he was able to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that crab Mac story was sad.
Speaker 4: Very sad.
Speaker 2: Man, What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: The one he said that he had like a water cast. She only gave him a hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Gave one hundred dollars and broke That's disgusting, man.
Speaker 2: She was his wife said she had to borrow money from her dad. You gotta hit records, and he just hit all the money like and you just like you said, he's and what crab Mac, He couldn't do shit, But what was he gonna do about to go with sn't night? And then that's where we get into the Old East versus West Thing and and Poc and Biggie and watching this man like we heard the stories that they were friends. You know, there's a song with them together, you know, out there and just watching it, man, I was just like, man, what could have been if this guy wasn't so jealous? Yep? I mean, my god, man, man, they and just seeing them together and I don't think I've seen a video before when they were at the table and they did a little freestyle and they were laughing. Man, bro just sad. You know, what did you guys think about, Like the retelling of the whole Puff and Big story, including information from I think Keithy d talking about his his involvement with it.
Speaker 1: It just gives it just gives more of an impression that a lot of people that thought that did he had something to do with both murders were right.
Speaker 4: You know, it's pretty It's pretty clear to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I don't have an inside college, but it's pretty clear to me that did he had something to do with both of those. He did not like Pac because he thought pauc was trying to take Big, which is crazy, and then for him to kill Big. It made sense too because It's like he knew he could ride off of that grief shit forever. But there's also the illogicality of it where it's like, well, he killed his biggest cash cow. H So I could see either one, but with Pac, most definitely, most fucking definitely he has something to do with it, and that's that's just that's just a shame, man. And you could tell he was lying when they asked him on fucking that little interview where they were like, did you have anything to do with PAC's death?
Speaker 4: You could tell he was lying. Shit, That shit was crazy. I'm like, who did you think believe that?
Speaker 1: And then they asked him another question like do you know do you have anything or do you know anything about Biggs murder? Like who possibly could have murdered Biggie? And he kind of gave a similar energy answer with that. For me, it was just.
Speaker 3: Like Wow, hearing it told in this way.
Speaker 1: Was just like one, like you said, Cam, like we could have probably got a Tupac big album something like based off how the chemistry and the friendship that I was brewing. It seemed like they were really going to make some like a really big impact in hip hop that you know, they already have, of course as individuals, but together it could have been something crazy. And the like you mentioned, Mike, the jealousy, like to me, like it makes sense for me. When you were just saying it, it was like, it makes sense for him to kill Big if he's someone who doesn't really think that far ahead. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like it's an emotional thing where it's like I see myself at the top, Like I have all this talent that I've groomed, that I've grown, like that I've I've polished and made better. How come I'm not like that? How come I can't be out of that? And if everybody's giving Biggie to shine, I got to remove him, And like you mentioned, removing him will help me boost my that's the you know, stool to my platform. So it was just and but even then that logic, it's just crazy and the Keifi d shit. I didn't even know how recent that interview was, but like the way he detailed out like what happened, I'm like.
Speaker 3: That's easily believable.
Speaker 4: M Like that, that's easily believable.
Speaker 2: And then making Big pay for his own funeral was insane. If that's true, and then you know, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say, but I've also known for years that Bigg's family has said that he don't really help him out or like he like financially, Like, yeah, they take photo options together and shit, but like, I don't, like you would think that if biggs kids were well.
Speaker 3: Taken care of, we would have seen it.
Speaker 1: But I feel like they live very ordinary lives outside the fact of all, my dad or my granddad, you know, is one of the greatest rappers or is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time. Yeah, if you would love to have more content from frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: In real time I didn't see the pattern until they set of him getting more popular with each dev until they said it in the documentary and they showed it to us and told it to us. I was like, shit, you just one thing, said Mike, Like logically it didn't make sense, but somehow it worked. This guy became huge, shit made no fucking sense and just went and found more acts, went and got made. He went and got all these other people and just continue to blow up after losing Big it's and.
Speaker 4: Dancing throughout the whole thing. Can that's my thing?
Speaker 1: Literally dancing on beings great When he came out in that video with Sting, was that Sting s.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: I remember watching that.
Speaker 1: I remember watching because everybody was sad with Big Guy, and I remember watching that and that was like a very emotion.
Speaker 3: But again, to see it twenty twenty high.
Speaker 1: Sided, like, bru, that's one of the biggest slap in the faces you can make to someone you can see your best friend. Yeah, yeah, none of us thought about that at the time, but we look at it now it's like this is this is fucking insane, fucking insane.
Speaker 4: And I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember who said it, but somebody on the dock kind of implied, like, yeah, that whole ship was planned out. The second that he died. It was like, oh, I'm gonna fucking bank off this, and he did. But the fact that he banked off of it with the worst music ever fucking made.
Speaker 4: Like I. I have a really hard.
Speaker 1: Time when people are like, yeah, man, I fucked with that that Diddy album, It's.
Speaker 4: Like, how is that possible? Yeah, I understand it was a popular album.
Speaker 5: I get it, and you're like, man with hip hop and you're like, yeah, that Diddy album was was dope.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't. I don't understand. You must be a serial killer or something that something is wrong with you. It's the It's some of the worst music I've ever heard come out of wrap. Oh No, he got, he got I've Been Missing You, which was obviously the single, and then all about the Benjamin's terrible, but those whole song you know what, Yeah, his part is horrible, but those are like big records.
Speaker 6: Nothing No that ships Tray Bro like again, he was he was.
Speaker 1: He was the representation of everything I hated about rap, And when that album came out, it was like, oh, you're just happily solidifying and bragging about the fact that you are one of the worst elements of hip hop. You make the shittiest music. Everybody fucking hates you because you don't pay them. And now you're like glamorizing the fact that you can't fucking rap when when I guess his name is Mark Curry, right, because since y'all told me Mark Hurry was like, yeah, man, I would write the raps and he going there and he fucking he performed them, and he'd be like, that's not what I said, and that's not how I told you to do it. Do that ship again. And it's like, bro, you were in there telling him to do it again, and this final result is what y'all.
Speaker 4: Best to do. He had no business anywhere near a fucking microphone.
Speaker 2: Man, that's he don't I don't disagree, but he got some joints on that No.
Speaker 4: Way I knew.
Speaker 2: I never like that. I've never denied not liking that album. You know, bro, it's it's not him, it's he got some He got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people doing that.
Speaker 1: He's he's great at directing, Like when they talk about producing a track or producing an album, he's really great at that. And it goes to show from the other acts that we talked about, but like but again you you it's like we It's like we should have seen that this wolf was in Sheep's clothing the whole time.
Speaker 3: Like because like even with the music, like.
Speaker 1: You said, everybody else is good but him, Like you can and you can say that about it almost you go to the music, go to the reality of it as a businessman when it comes to him and how you deal with artists, like everything is like everybody's good, but you you are the the worst thing about everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you just tolerated and then and then but yeah, I think it was interesting for them to say that Mike and then say yeah, when they had a chance to put Big on, I forgot the cover and yeah he gonna call it there and was like, nah, I need to my album.
Speaker 4: Like what that sounds about, right?
Speaker 1: They said they said Big was about to do a European press tour and I think that was around the same time he was about he got shot, and both was like, nah, he he ain't about to do that. I'm like, imagine how big big er Biggie would have gotten if he would have done that or at that time when he had everybody listening to him like, Yeah, I think I think Mike, he I think he wanted to take him out because he's like, bro, this guy, it's like the he's a shooting star and I don't. I'm not gonna be able to be on that those coattails for long because he's gonna realize how big he is out no pun intended outside of me.
Speaker 2: And he was gonna leave. He was gonna leave.
Speaker 1: Ye. Yeah, story too, Yeah, if I remember correctly, the story was Biggie wanted to go to Europe and instead Puff bade him go to California stay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stay in La.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and knowing that he had gotten multiple death threats. Now, of course he's not here to defend himself. But the question I would have is, why the fuck did you let Puff make you do something that stupid? Why did you think you're gonna be safe in an area that I hated you? But then again, Mike, again, he's young. He's only what twenty five, twenty six? Like these are again these are all still young kids essentially, Yeah, like and and then and then Puff is like everything he touches turns the gold. At this point, especially with your own career, so I got to listen to him, and based on the.
Speaker 3: Contracts, he might be like, my money's tied to this ship too. If he if he upset that fucked everything up.
Speaker 1: He is just the right people around him, unfortunately, because somebody should have been like, bro, you're not doing this. You are not going to California right now. They're going to try.
Speaker 2: To kill you. And they were, they were telling him that, but yeah, they were telling them like they don't play like one I forgot who said it was, like, Bro, like they don't they get they get down in Cali, Like you don't want to really do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you don't.
Speaker 2: Want to do that. Yeah, so but yeah, no, it was It was interesting. I remember, yeah, just just living through that moment and then you know, having the last story was about did he going into making him sign over the last twenty of his stock? I think that was I think that was early on though. I think that was to get the financing for bad Boy. Yeah yeah, yeah, but that was crazy. But anyway, and then he left him broke homeless, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, or if it's that baseball bat had been in before he brought it up in there, you know, It's one thing to get beat with a baseball bat. You get beat with a baseball bat with some you know what I'm saying, some booty juice on it that makes it's.
Speaker 4: Like that that Nagan back with the fucking booty juice that it might stick to your face.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to get your ass whooped. You get your ass whooped, and you spell like you afterwards? Yo do bruh, Ain't no fucking way. I'm like, hey, take the twenty five percent, bro, I don't need it back.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he still didn't get the money, though. I think when you anyway, I wanted to look into that because I'm like, wait a minute, Like when you sell your stop, that's a cash transaction. How did you not get that immediately?
Speaker 3: But you heard you heard that?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you heard that bullshit?
Speaker 2: Loune.
Speaker 4: Did he say He's I'm gonna take it, but I'm gonna give it right back? Like what?
Speaker 3: That's probably why he ain't getting no cash out.
Speaker 1: Of fight, because did he sit on your sign over and I'm gonna pay you right back? That's exactly what I was gonna say. He probably never gave him the money. He probably told him, I'm gonna hit you back later, and he never did.
Speaker 2: The last two episodes, you know, most of the stuff we kind of knew. They gave us a little bit more. They gave us more backstory on the whole Cassie thing, nineteen dating Ryan Leslie, kicking Ryan Leslie out the studio.
Speaker 1: Basically, hey, Ken, his his hatred for light.
Speaker 4: Skinned niggas was crazy.
Speaker 1: He's the Alvi Shore girl at the height of Alvi Shore's career.
Speaker 3: Ryan, I remember the whole Ryland Leslie situation. I don't know why, but I remember the whole Ryan.
Speaker 1: Leaves situation because that was his girl and he was the one that kind of he got her popping and everything, and Diddy was like, nah, bro, she remain that. Yeah, and then Ryan Leslie kind of just went away. It was a weird like thing because he still had a he was a really good producer and everything, especially for R and B, the R and B genre. I don't yeah that so that brought up some memories. But yeah, that Cassie ship is like the Ken Porter Cashi ship was crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, she just had to sit there and just just take it, like but you can see she was miserable.
Speaker 1: That's crazy you sending you sending your side piece to the store while your main comes through, and then when your main leaves, you're bringing the side piece back. That's insane work. And everybody round know that that's what's happening. Yeah, because like, oh, we knew Kim was the wife and Cassie was the wife. He even drug dealers, you know, they necessary, And I'm like, I get it. But at the same time, we this is different levels to this ship, you know what I'm saying, Like, my thing is they all knew that he was beating up on her. That's the part that I can't I mean, I can't respect any of it. But the whole cheating ship, Yeah, it's fucked up, and that's.
Speaker 4: Kind of y'all's thing.
Speaker 1: But like, y'all all knew that he was beating the ship out that girl behind closed doors, and y'all didn't do a fucking thing.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Even even the man who the prostitute was like, did he kick the ship at her? And I was like, damn, why are you doing that? He looked at him like, bro, you ain't about to do a damn thing. Yeah, because he's with a hard fight like that.
Speaker 2: That black story, bro.
Speaker 1: Imagine did he try to disguise himself, went with a cash sweater.
Speaker 3: And he tried to Southern not have me dying that.
Speaker 4: Probably never heard before. He was trying to sound Southern crazy.
Speaker 3: He tried to do a Kevin Spacey Southern accident.
Speaker 2: He t like, it wasn't me. Did the didn't that guy look like Sterling K. Brown?
Speaker 4: Then he did look like Randall a freaking random.
Speaker 1: He looked like he looked like Leroy from Welcome to Derry. Jesus hey bro, when he said we was sucking for two days straight and he was like, how.
Speaker 4: Y'all doing this? And they was They was just giving them all kinds of drugs.
Speaker 1: Like have the recipe, but I would I would take my coum, and you know, he's been doing it for months and finally I was like, what you're doing with my cum And he's like, yeah, man, I like to watch your drink it or whatever the fuck he said.
Speaker 3: And then he shrugged it off and he was like, okay, whatever you like to do it?
Speaker 4: All right? What like what.
Speaker 1: He was keeping your comb in a tumberware and you're like, oh yeah, that's normal that he just brings down, makes her drink it. What what I get that you get paid for these services?
Speaker 3: But like if someone's putting your nut in a sippy cup, bro, like.
Speaker 1: Real, for real, that's great you And it was only paying on what six bands?
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't remember, I remember?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I was expecting like a ridiculous amount because he's in eight years, Mike.
Speaker 2: Eight years, that's what he said, no years.
Speaker 1: But every time he got every transaction was you wouldn't fuck Cassie for six grand.
Speaker 4: Listen, you ain't gotta pay me that much to fuck Cassie.
Speaker 2: But my thing is the ship.
Speaker 3: It's the other ship because Diddy's in the room the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with that thing, you can.
Speaker 1: Have my you can have it all Diddy for six grand. Yeah, give me the little cup.
Speaker 4: There you go. What you do with this? I don't need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't care about your silent pause. I don't give a fu No, I'm just saying but because.
Speaker 1: Because then he said he was like at first, you know, the first few times, did he wasn't in the fault?
Speaker 7: Did he? That's what I'm like, all right, bro, he ain't worth it because you could tell he down played what.
Speaker 1: Involved because he was just like, yeah, sometimes it was I would have her.
Speaker 3: She would ever then you.
Speaker 4: Know, like god, we don't.
Speaker 1: At least he got that same that he had Batman was hey, mane like y'all laughing at No, that's not.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: That's when when when the when the whole came on, I was like, bro, this whole documentary could have just been him. Bro, they say, they say, I'm like you say, Man for the head. He could have told a bunch of stories. I really feel terrible for Cassie though, because I don't know what was going on in her mind, and I know that the jurors were trying to spend it like, well she was involved and all that.
Speaker 4: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't I mean, yeah, I'm sure she was involved, but I'm just not positive about how much of that ship was consensual. Like, I just don't really believe that she was consensually involved because she was like when she said he met her when she was like when nineteen or something like that. And the city she comes, like New London, Connecticut is not that far from where I'm at, and this is like small town shit areas.
Speaker 3: It's not like granted again, like I said, it's still like.
Speaker 1: A half an hour and a half two hour train ride to the city, but that's still a good distance to have a different lifestyle. So going for her from going from that, let alone, Ryan Leslie, going from that to Diddy in like maybe a three years timespan, Like that's a whole If he's able to manipulate grown folks, what do you think he doing to a teenage essentially a teenager or a young adult. Like it was just like I like, like you said, Mike, especially when you see that video of her trying to leave from that hotel. She was she was you could tell she was tiptone, trying not to make a step.
Speaker 4: And then that video was just that was disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Diddy went from episode one not doing drugs, drinking anything to just taking everything pink this lacing the baby oil with g or whatever they would call it, just all kind of ship bro. He was, he was, he was on one. But yeah, I was wondering the same thing by like how much of this was consensual? I was just like, you know, just wondering for eight years, like her being possibly forced to do those things against their wishes. You know that that has to be a horrible experience for her to go through. But yeah, but yeah, that was a that was interesting and they got one lines that Frank Black and then episode four, you know, it's kind of like where they just kind of conclude things. I think we get the Kid Cutty story. That's when what's Clark? She had an interesting first name came through. Now her last name was Clark. She told the story of kid Cuddy, how she was kidnapped to go commit a murder because Cuddy went hiking.
Speaker 4: Oh cut hiking with Cassie and Diddy got mad?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how Cutty got involved with this ship is it's just crazy, Like, Bro, he ain't know what the that's some movie ship.
Speaker 4: Bro, somebody throwing a bomb on your car.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for him because he just thought, Oh, I got this fine ass woman that wants to hang out with me and she wants to go camping.
Speaker 4: This sounds cool. And here come Diddy knocking on your window. What that's crazy?
Speaker 3: And he you know Cutty from Cleveland, Bro, he a neighborhood nigga.
Speaker 1: This's all this ship is like otherworldly to him to deal with that kind of ship, like, man, you ain't seen no mess with You ain't seeing mess with a superstar lady. Since degla women for him these days, he wants a regular fucking librarian type hick.
Speaker 2: And he just and his life was probably spare because he was with Oh girl, imagine if he was there. And then they told another story. I think the producer that did the Love album, which actually actually now we know why the album was good, because that guy did the whole damn album. Uh it sounded good. But yeah, he sold the story about how they went in the bathroom and shot somebody.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I didn't know about. I had never heard that story. You and your son go in the room and y'all shoot somebody like that and just walk out and nothing happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm calm telling fuck that.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. Like one of me is like these niggas who raised.
Speaker 1: Y'all because I swell they made me. It made me realize I was so glad for the parents in the community. I was born in.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 1: I am foreign to whatever lifestyle codes they dealing with it because I would have been like nigga. No, I'm like, officer is him. I'm there, and I'm glad to be a square. I see you guys go in the room and y'all leave, and the motherfucker on the ground bleeding. I'm way to y'all in your car and you're driving away, and I'm telling telling his name is Puff, Daddy of Love Diddy and his little son. That kind of looked like fucking Corey Gunns. That's him right there. He's the one that fucking did it get him too?
Speaker 4: That's insane. We just heard guns what.
Speaker 2: And he said he just kept playing, He just kept he just kept doing music.
Speaker 4: He kept making music. He said he thought he hit a button on the keyboard.
Speaker 1: Lying make everybody, oh, why that happened?
Speaker 4: You're lying, Mike. That was That was the fucked up thing about this doc.
Speaker 1: It's like everybody had They was quick to say shit about Diddy, but they had their little goofball excuses for why they didn't say shit, like not the victims, but like everybody, like all the men. Basically what I'm saying that we're around it, and I'm like, bro, what are y'all saying? Because y'all suckers, and y'all want to make excuses for being suckers, like, oh, yeah, I was just making my song man, and next thing I know, I heard a gunsh Let me tell you something right now, everybody knows that gunshot sound on a keyboard. It doesn't sound like a gunshot for real. Anybody that's ever heard a real gunshot, you know the fucking difference. So there's no way I believe that story a little Rod. I'm sorry. I hate what you went through, and I hope you are getting the help you need, therapy all that, but I do not believe that you thought you accidentally hit a button on your keyboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, he had a interesting, interesting story. But you know the thing about Rod, as we get ready to kind of close as a girl to close out, is that little Rod in the documentary not right? Right? But damn Nick. At this point, Mike, everybody knows the stories are out there, and he still made the choice to go work for him, knowing that you may not get paid, and it probably may be some other other stuff going on the industry talks, and everybody knew at this point. Rod didn't know until he was waking up, and Diddy was next to him.
Speaker 4: You mean this isn't real about why he won't go to like what was it? What was it?
Speaker 1: Gladys some weapons? But what he pulled the blanket back and see you're telling me now, Bro, you're telling me, yeah, ain't no sucking way.
Speaker 4: You just know, Bro, I'm not waking up and Diddy's in my bed. No, No, we're not going. Bro, We're not going. God, somebody got to die.
Speaker 2: Ain't all for twenty nine thousand dollars? He said? After all that, Bro.
Speaker 4: You can do that. You can work at Burger King and get that.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: It ain't bro, My sax still got paid.
Speaker 2: This man was making three to five hundred million dollars off of merch off of Sean John clothing, and he could give it twenty nine thousand dollars. He had nine thousand in his fanny pack.
Speaker 1: Wait, why that little why that little far because he had them up that.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it does that sometimes do that Like.
Speaker 1: I'm about to drop some some real mar sam My thing though, is like to your point, can even the the Diddy Dirty Money era? No, not that there, but like the when they went through the whole MTV making the band stuff.
Speaker 3: Remember one of them said, I went, he.
Speaker 1: Gave him all contracts and said you got twenty four hours to read over this and sign it or else type shit. The lawyer is that she wanted to do. He literally said, listen, I'm gonna tell you this right now. He is selling you fame, not fortune.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: And she was like, and I signed a contract that. I'm like, what, they'll.
Speaker 4: Still make it. I mean, I get how that happens, especially if.
Speaker 1: You're young, you're poor, you come from a certain neighborhood, and you don't really have a system behind you. Because I was with you, Nick, I was like, why the fuck did you sign that ship?
Speaker 4: And then I thought about it. I'm like, I get it.
Speaker 1: If you call from the hood, I get why you'd be like, hey man, I'm just trying to get out the hood.
Speaker 4: I get that mic.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, if someone's telling you you're literally not going to get paid, it kind of takes away the you're young, you know that, because it's like, I'm really telling you as much as your lawyer. It's not even like his lawyer or whatever, some goofball off the street. He's whoever was representing you and saying, bruh, this ain't eight. I get you, yeah, but I'll sigre it's predatory and those kind of those kind of people know who to do that shit to, like those label people. They know who to fuck over with three sixty deals, they know who to take advantage of. So I get how all those people from making the band because nobody knew any of them. Ne's was the only one that I believe had a little bit of buzz going around because he was a battle rapper unless I'm messed up the timeline, but either way, nobody knew them, so I see why they'd be like, shit, we got an MTV show and Diddy even though this contract says He's not gonna give us no money. I'm gonna be famous, so I'm gonna get money and just where you know what I mean. So I know what happens, but I'm with you, Nick. It's sad that these motherfuckers really thought that shit was gonna be different for them. And then on top of that, the again growing up, I remember the making the band stuff and him telling them to go walk to from Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Bro, Bro, Mike, I think you lived You've lived out in New York but everybody. I think y'all all been to New York.
Speaker 4: Manhattan to Brooklyn is not up the strump. You can't do that.
Speaker 1: It's especially at night at that I don't know what what season it was, but in New York once they hit win the time, that shit is crazy.
Speaker 3: You're not walking that. Even though girls said that, she was like, I'm from here, I don't.
Speaker 1: Sh I've never believed that story, and I still don't. I don't think that happened. I don't because I don't think it's physically possible for a motherfucker to walk from Brooklyn to Manhattan at night. So I thought that was just dumped up for the show or something, because there ain't no fucking way.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: It seemed like they.
Speaker 4: I don't think they did it for some cheesecake.
Speaker 2: How bad do you want it?
Speaker 4: Because ordered because ordered it happily.
Speaker 3: He was like the apple.
Speaker 4: So Nick.
Speaker 1: So it says that you could walk from Brooklyn Manhattan in about three hours. For some reason, I thought it was further than that. No, No, I'm just saying I knew it wasn't. It's not like a day long trip. It's not walking state to state. But New York is not a small city. The Burroughs are very spread out, So even attempting to make that walks like unless my child or my mom is like sick and whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm not even considering it. And that's even just to take the train.
Speaker 4: Most things.
Speaker 3: Don't even take the train out there.
Speaker 1: To walk for some cheesecake for Diddy. Hell no, I'm even to show that that. After that sentence, he says, I'm off the show.
Speaker 2: I'm gone.
Speaker 4: Bab wasn't going nowhere, Nick, she didn't have no other options. Bavs wasn't going no.
Speaker 3: She like she was side of still happy and excited retailers.
Speaker 4: And I feel her, I do. I get it.
Speaker 1: It's like you don't have options, you don't have she knows that if it wasn't for this show that kind of made me look like a fool, maybe I wouldn't be where I'm at. Maybe she got opportunities from that. I'm sure they all did. I'm sure Nests wouldn't have been anywhere near as big of a battle rapper as he got to be if it wasn't for that show. That's what I'm thinking. I could be totally wrong, but I don't know, man, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it. It sucks though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Last couple of things, just a couple of notes. Uh oh, I don't know. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: One last thing.
Speaker 1: Diddy fucked up when he thought he could do that shit to the white girl. Now, when he was doing that shit to all these poor black folks.
Speaker 4: I got how he thought he can get away with it. But I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anything about this Audrey girl. She don't look like she's from the hood, bro. She looks like she got you know, she got an uncle or a cousin that's in law enforcement.
Speaker 4: So I don't know why.
Speaker 1: The fuck did he thought he was He thought he was so powerful he could take to white people. You remember the email he sent to her now, But if you don't want to, I'm gonna go back.
Speaker 3: Like it was a kid like it was the way he had an email.
Speaker 1: He was like, God, bless God.
Speaker 4: Put God first. I'm like, you just said.
Speaker 2: You want.
Speaker 4: What is.
Speaker 3: Say with that?
Speaker 4: She said, he emailed her dictics.
Speaker 3: I'm like, and his signature is God bless bruh.
Speaker 1: And the saddest thing this is the part that really was just like God, I wish I had to watch this When she said that she didn't even know she was assaulted, and she said somebody else either had a picture or a video or something and she had no idea. She's like, I don't even remember that. This dude, Diddy is a fucking monster, a monster.
Speaker 2: That poor girl.
Speaker 4: Man, God damn that poor girl. Yep, all these poor people, not just her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hand sanitized thing was crazy.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's crazy. I would be on that one, y'all. I don't think that's crazy.
Speaker 1: If I'm tapping up thirty people, I'm gonna need sanitize her.
Speaker 2: I guess you can logically make that makes sense.
Speaker 1: When he said in the cards, like y'all just hould like one hundred fifty people I need to take He said that basketball I gotta be hot. Hey kid, I've been out here in New York. You yeah, you hugged five six niggas.
Speaker 4: You like, I gotta go take her, all right?
Speaker 2: So I don't know if I believe, and well, I don't know the way he was taking drugs. When guy said he was trying to get somebody to scene like Michael Jackson finally got, he said he don't. He danced four hours to that one song.
Speaker 4: That did he did. I believe that.
Speaker 3: I believe bro Ken. He danced them.
Speaker 4: He danced the majority of his knock. Yeah, okay, you've ever been to a raid.
Speaker 1: Those motherfuckers dance for twelve fucking hours, and I can tell you from personal experience it's crazy and they're all on drugs.
Speaker 4: So that ship I believe.
Speaker 2: And the last thing I think burrows because he basically told the whole damn shit like he was the lead guy. But they saved this one to the end when he was like, he said that did he did some sexually deviant stuff? It's his words to him. Oh that was sad. Yeah, yeah, he didn't. He didn't not go into any detail. You know, he had that pause and he was just like, yeah, sexual deviant stuff and he just left it at that. And then I think he was alluded to he had been homeless and broke. I mean, you built this thing up, bro twenty five percent. He just can't take it and then you just get fired and then you just on the streets, which was you.
Speaker 3: Know, to see then to see the heights that it went to, you know.
Speaker 4: Like, man, yeah, that was that was awful.
Speaker 1: The fact that, like you said, can he didn't even want to say what happened. He didn't even want to go into detail. He's like sexually deviant stuff. That's all I'm gonna say. I was like, man, that that dude's been through some ship. That dude is definitely ship some.
Speaker 2: Stuff, all right, Well, any final thoughts, he didn't.
Speaker 4: I mean, it just sucks that he wasn't on trial for domestic violence. That's that's the part that sucks.
Speaker 1: It sucks that he was only on trial for the ship that the prosecutors knew they couldn't even fucking prove.
Speaker 4: That's the part that I hate because Diddy should be.
Speaker 1: Even as someone that doesn't like jail, Diddy should be in jail. Bro, Diddy should be in jail getting his see I can't even say his ass, well, but you know, getting beat down every day every day, just beating the ship out of him because that he is a fucking disgusting human.
Speaker 4: And anybody that's still defending him, I just don't understand, y'all. I really don't.
Speaker 2: I thought that was interesting at the end, the idolization that they had, you know, the comments about losing kings and you know, and the guy was like, Bro, they never did anything for you.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Diddy has done nothing for you. He didn't do ship for the people that were make that made him money exactly.
Speaker 1: The only way I rationalized that because like you said earlier, Mike, I'm never gonna really I'm not gonna return to this doc.
Speaker 3: So those are my last thoughts on the doc.
Speaker 1: But for the defend people defending him, the only way I can justify it or say anything to it is that they've like they've grown up with this man, his music, his you know, his influence, and they feel like it's a you know how black people are, Like if it's only a few of us, like re certain heights, we feel like they're a part of our family or they're a part of.
Speaker 3: Our like story as well.
Speaker 1: So like if that's getting taken down, then that's a part of my memories in my childhood that's getting taken down. And like you know what I'm saying, Like people attach themselves to a certain At this point, he was an entity because you didn't know him as a person. Like it's just like you get attached to that, and you like, I got to defend it because that's a part of me. Yeah, And I think that those people need therapy too, very badly. If you if you have that level of a parasocial relationship or idol worship, then you need to you need to seek help because these people have never done anything for you. And I got abusers in my family that I've cut off, So if I can cut my own actual family off, I can certainly cut off this fake family because Denny's not gonna ever. Look, he don't even loan his friend's money, So Denny's never gonna loan me money. So what benefit does anybody have to defend someone that's done this disgusting ship? I think it says a lot about people that do that, especially but how they feel about women.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and and manipulating the community to gain that support, and the and using social media to to suaye people's opinions, you know, all that stuff, just taking advantage of people out there. You know, it's more of what he does. But that's it, man, That's that's that's Those are our thoughts on the Diddy documentary about about fifty And who's the director's name? I want to shout her because fifty was the one that just got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alexandria, what was it like?
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Let me look it up real quick.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Alexandria Stapleton, yeah is the one. Yeah, But fifty was the one that kind of gave it, you know, a little bit more amplification with the footage and stuff like that and publicity, you know, because I don't know how many people would have actually watched it if if it wasn't for that controversy. But but yeah, but shout out to her. I think she did an amazing job.
Speaker 4: I think she did a good job, really well done.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. So we leave it there, man, We cut you guys. Next time, we off peace.