Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to another France per second podcast review.
Speaker 1: We are today.
Speaker 2: We are doing a new A twenty four film, How to Make a Killing Them.
Speaker 3: And they had a hit with Martin Supreme made all their money back losses, losses.
Speaker 1: I'm just fun. But there was one smash machine that was a loss. Yeah, wow, nobody go see that. Yeah the movie isn't it? Do we not?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: You didn't like? We like? I don't said he did a good job.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe that's what it is, like good job, but we the movie yourself wasn't good?
Speaker 1: Remember nothing nothing? Remember why you can't remember? Literally nothing happened in the movie. Literally, So you just watch the black screen two hours.
Speaker 4: See how Spike rose. But you gotta work on that, right. I can't do that. I can do it sometimes sometimes I can't.
Speaker 1: Any way, Man, I'll hear all the voices.
Speaker 2: I am not here alone in front of to the right of me, I got kenned by what something?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: In front of him, I got Spike Man and next to him got Mike c. Town And I'm your host.
Speaker 1: Ride man.
Speaker 4: We are here to review this movie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is like considered a black comedy, thriller, and I typically like dark comedy.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, I know my bad. Yeah, yeah, dark comedy.
Speaker 6: It can be a black comedy. Black doesn't mean like black people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like dark, say dark.
Speaker 4: But that's why Spike was laughing.
Speaker 2: So I didn't see a single, right, But nah, man, it's directed by John Patton four. Anybody feeling with him? I'm yeah, and starring Glenn Powell, Jessica and Henwig. Uh it Mark Margaret that's her name, Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's up and coming.
Speaker 1: I like her.
Speaker 5: But that was the brunette that was like the sex pot that was Yeah. But yeah, man, I guess I'll just go around the room just kind of where anybody anticipating seeing this that y'all know about it or anything.
Speaker 4: I've seen the preview. It looked mildly interesting.
Speaker 1: Anybody else. I don't know anything about this movie.
Speaker 3: I just saw it on the calendar and I was looking for showtimes. I thought maybe something on streaming. I couldn't find any showtimes. I was like, well the show.
Speaker 1: Time you get?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, man, it looked like it was next week, So I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: We got the wrong date on here.
Speaker 3: I didn't go see it until Saturday when I was going back through, you know, prepping for tomorrow, just looking at everything, make sure I was ready. And then I was like, then that's when I saw that it was actually at the movie theater.
Speaker 1: It was out by us. I know. I went.
Speaker 4: I went Thursday, win. I can't like you, dumb mother the fucker.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: I went and saw the ship. You see I'm sitting here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw it was tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I went ten fifteen, ten thirty Saturday, so I bought my tick in at ten thirty three. They got there like at the last second, you know, before it started, but lash By missed miss I'm finna say.
Speaker 4: I walked in and he was already in the like talking.
Speaker 1: To the Yeah, I did the same thing.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was already talking to the priest. When I walked in. I was like saying, yeah, what was a preview, saying.
Speaker 6: Y'all get there on times because because y'all saying it like it's something wrong with the movie, y'all twenty I did.
Speaker 4: I had a full twenty minute, so.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I got there like twenty minutes and they were already talking to the.
Speaker 5: Previous I got the twenty minutes and there was and started for one not lie, I take what's for one fifty. I got there at two o'clock and it started, you shock, Yeah, I was. I was legit like it started already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think this has started quicker for no reasons.
Speaker 1: I was late.
Speaker 4: You're right, just to be honest, right.
Speaker 1: Because that is three minutes after this.
Speaker 5: I don't feel like one two o'clock forcause to one fifteen. I was I would Friday because I didn't want to do it Saturday. So I was like, I just go at one fifty.
Speaker 1: I know, there ain't no way. There was.
Speaker 5: Two o'clock and it was playing that your movie was supposed to be at one one you saw five and it was a three spike.
Speaker 4: Oh no, well I can't relate the spike.
Speaker 2: I normally get there. I don't like always look at the trailer. So I get there about twenty minutes after whatever. And yeah, by the time I got there with Spiked, he was already talking to the pastor. I don't know if it was ten minutes whatever like you were saying, but I got there twenty minutes he was already talking to him, and I was just like, hmm okay. So hearing him say that, it was just like, Okay, I'm not crazy because I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: Shit already started. That's happened to me before. But anyway, anyway, man, how did you like the movie? Mike?
Speaker 5: I don't remember talking about this. I do trust you, Dalen. If you put it on there, I believe you. I'm not giving you no shit. I didn't know what this was. I was like, Okay, I'll just go see it.
Speaker 6: I knew nothing sitting down, and by the end of this shit, I was cussing every one of y'all out. This was some bullshit. This was some fucking bullshit. I don't understand how shit like this gets fucking made.
Speaker 5: This movie should have been called predictable, predictable, a love story.
Speaker 4: This was bullshit. What the fuck was this? What the fuck was this?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: I assumed you just stuck it out there because we must not have responded to.
Speaker 4: A text or something, because I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Saying figures, fucking figures. I don't remember. I probably did. I said.
Speaker 4: It was nothing, it was a twenty four. I was like four nothing no more. I'm saying, yeah, what they said, that's not what we said. That's not what we're saying.
Speaker 5: And I urge everyone listening to Rodingkins bullshit to go back and listen to the conversation.
Speaker 1: And like, I was, like, it.
Speaker 4: Seems like it's it's not popular, but it's something that people.
Speaker 1: You know, it was on some preview of what some movie you watched? Why?
Speaker 5: And again, ain't nobody talking about this bullshit? Ain't nobody It was a preview.
Speaker 1: It was a p So you say twenty four doesn't mean yes.
Speaker 6: I said that then too, So I never said that a twenty four actually means that this movie is gonna be amazing. I said that they weren't listening as usual. He did because he said, it's just a production house. He said that control it's.
Speaker 4: Fine, Spike, out my back. It wouldn't be fine if you weren't here. Spike, He's still be trying to argue. I'm not trying.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to fan. No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that the read my reasoning as so a while. I just brought it to the table. Twenty four I saw, I didn't preview of another movie we watched. I feel like we liked or something like that, and I was like, Hey, is this movie coming out? And we were saying we didn't have many options.
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, with that's going nothing would have been a better option.
Speaker 2: Rob, Hey, I ain't look, I ain't know what time you feel about this fight.
Speaker 5: Your boy just don't work for me. Ken They trying to push what was the other movie? How much he's not it?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 5: He like this could have been better if it were more Compellingly, I feel like like him telling the story from the jail could have been better. He's just not a good He's not good, he's not interesting. He like just a normal white dude, Like I don't like, I'm not I don't. He don't jump off the screen anything to me. I don't see why they trying to push him. But I'm with Mike in the sense of it was predictable. I didn't hate it as much, but you've seen where this was going, like from the I seen the preview and yeah, yeah, and then when it starts out with him in jail, even more confirms of how it's going to end.
Speaker 4: But I didn't hate but it just wouldn't It was a movie, y'all.
Speaker 1: Hope I was hoping it was going to be different from the preview. I was hoping it was.
Speaker 2: Going to be a deeper type of I want to say, they showed three of the deaths in the previews, like it's crazy the ocean when they showed I want to say, they showed the picture one and they showed the lady with the in the So showed all this in the preview, Yeah, that's crazy when that's the premise of the movie, Like you showed the killings.
Speaker 1: How you been fu I didn't think it was that bad, lie, I think.
Speaker 5: You just assumed the beginning was good.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect much from it. In all honesty, it seemed like it's your This seemed like this is some ship that would have came out in the nineties, you know, your typical, average, straight through, predictable, running the mill love story movie.
Speaker 1: And that was it.
Speaker 3: And you know, there's no depth to it, really, you know, until he tried to pull that ship at the at the at the end. But for the most part, you know, I got what I expected. I didn't know anything about it either. So when I walked in, he it was like Herrodance was like, Okay, he's gonna try to kill everybody.
Speaker 1: Makes sense to me. Cool, So it's probably closed.
Speaker 4: It's just it's not closed, Oh because it because it's cracked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't think it was that bad.
Speaker 4: So you're still with you're still on the Glen Poll train.
Speaker 1: What's the train that you're on?
Speaker 3: I just I was just saying that that's the new guy that they're trying to push.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is mean.
Speaker 6: He's on a train. He saw a train riding by.
Speaker 1: But you like Running Man though, right? You liked him as Running Man?
Speaker 3: I thought you did, but what I but yeah, but that's different, like in the movie. Is different from saying that this is the guy because he was in Twister. He was just something else and now he's in this one. Yeah, y'all don't like Running Man. So yeah, so, and I think he works great for a movie like this because it doesn't require much from him.
Speaker 5: Oh see, that's where I disagree. So that's where, yes, yeah, you have at least.
Speaker 1: One foot on the train.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he just looks like Spike nailed it like one hundred. But he just looks like your average and acts like your average ass white.
Speaker 1: I think that works for Hollywood and least Blockbuster.
Speaker 6: I think if you had an interesting white guy that was conveying the story in a more compelling way, the script is still bad, but at least it would be it because he's just he smiles.
Speaker 5: He's not he lips, so he always just he has like a rangutan lips, so he's always just smiling.
Speaker 6: And when he smiles, it's just like, I don't feel anything here.
Speaker 1: Like he's supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be compell has he's supposed to be compelling telling this story.
Speaker 1: He's just he's not. It's not a good narrator the whole. Yeah.
Speaker 2: With that said, yeah, I didn't. I didn't like the movie either. Like I just gonna say something.
Speaker 3: I was just saying that he was described to me as the new this Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 4: That's not.
Speaker 6: Chops, not like Matthew mcca. I don't even fun with him like that. But that's a that's an acting ass white he is Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: The voice alone, Horse alone is just more impactful than this guy. He just he's just not the guy. Man, He's not the guy. And and this could have been maybe a little bit better with a different person, but it's still just lacked depth to me, like it seemed like it needed something else.
Speaker 1: Uh, you need a new.
Speaker 6: Script that hasn't been done before this script like it's been done a hundred times already.
Speaker 2: It does and not even in a in a creative way like like like, and I feel like they underutilized Margaret uh quality.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say the same thing. She was not.
Speaker 6: She was poorly cast. He's hot, but she's not like that kind of hot. Yeah yeah, yeah, Like you need someone that's like conventionally hot for a role like that.
Speaker 4: She doesn't do it.
Speaker 1: Nah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I wasn't even talking about it from that degree. I'm just saying that you are. I'm just saying that that.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they're underutilized it because she I feel like she does have chops and I feel like she does is compelling as a character.
Speaker 4: She was the best thing about the movie.
Speaker 1: She was barely in it.
Speaker 2: And I feel like they went the like Felm Fatale route with this and you didn't really get much of her, Like why would you go that route with this movie and not show enough of her? You know, I don't know any Felm Fatale type movies that do that, like they just I don't know, it was weird.
Speaker 5: I didn't believe her as a femme fatale. That was my issue, Like I didn't believe her.
Speaker 4: They didn't.
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 4: They didn't really show it, That's what I'm saying. Like she came in, she had she she had some influence or whatever, and that was it, and it just pulled her out of it. I just did not get that.
Speaker 6: Even when she's like stretching her leg and trying to look sexy.
Speaker 1: And stuff, I'm not I'm.
Speaker 4: Not getting that from you.
Speaker 6: I can't even think of someone that we could have replaced her with, like a more sex pot kind of white woman. I can't think of one right now. Be a Megan, I don't get it from me. A goth either. A goth isn't conventionally attraction.
Speaker 4: He's not conventionally, But I think that's what.
Speaker 6: But fem fatales are conventional, convintioned Sidney Sweeney.
Speaker 1: If she wasn't a Nazi, that's true. Yeah, I've been off the same man, we've been.
Speaker 6: Everybody's off the city swingey train. But yeah, she's trying to come back. She trying, she's apologizing it.
Speaker 4: It's too late, too late, Sydney.
Speaker 5: But yeah, pre Nazi Sidney Sweeney would have been per perfect for this.
Speaker 4: Yes, well let's get into it. Man, We're not gonna stay here long.
Speaker 1: It's really basic, basic, basic plot.
Speaker 2: But the film starts off Beckett is doing a he's upcoming for execution. This is what you and I can He was talking to the UH, to the priest or whatever, and he's basically just giving him a backstory everything that he's done with these murders. Was this compelling to y'all at all? Did this peak any interest? When we start off this way, anybody.
Speaker 1: Can take it.
Speaker 5: Not to beat the dale horse, but this is immediately you knew he wasn't the right person for this role, Like when he started telling the story. Like, there's similar TV shows of movies that work like this because the storyteller is compelling. And I knew immediately once he started was talking to the priests. No, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 6: I got the same feeling, but I didn't know that's what it was until Spike said it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the same way, man, just his voice, he is not captivating him.
Speaker 1: It sounds so.
Speaker 4: Blande y'all are spot on.
Speaker 1: Sounds so bland, But Ken, you gotta separtate on that.
Speaker 4: Ken is your man.
Speaker 1: You gotta defend Ken like his lips.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, it's just basically, this is my story and how I got here, you know. And you know, my wife, my mom came from money. She got disavolved, and this is the way I can earn my money because of the disinvolvement and the trust. They put me way at the bottom. And they are these people that are so yeah, pretty basic, basic setup got you.
Speaker 2: And to that point, yeah, his mom was an exiled because she had him like as a teen or whatnot. And so yeah, he basically goes through that, uh and as a young boy, he used his potential to inherit, deflecting his working class status and befriend the more influent Julia, which is basically stop yeah, which is like the feind Fatalities movie or whatever.
Speaker 1: So they kind of show how she is.
Speaker 2: Earlier on, like you know, with gifts and wanting things and kind of manipulative in a way.
Speaker 1: Anybody take anything from that. Didn't care. I didn't care either, Like I just it just wasn't enough set up.
Speaker 4: It wasn't it got right, it got right to it.
Speaker 1: It just wasn't enough set up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think she was gonna come back the way they kind of did it in the in the beginning, because like, oh, I met her at this part and that's when I saw Julius Stein and she came over to me, and she was talking about.
Speaker 1: How I get here, so again, like.
Speaker 3: You're in a situation where you don't belong because of your your uh status, your class status, you know, and she was basically hitting on him. So she showed like even as a child, there was this sort of aggression that she had and like you said, manipulation, you know, like are you hitting on me? You're trying to preframe me. It's okay if you want. And even when they were doing the the piano, uh.
Speaker 4: Right, I thought she had something to do with it.
Speaker 1: I don't think so too much of the movie. I was which.
Speaker 4: Like, what's somebody was gonna make it a horror story? I just thought that I thought maybe she rigged it or something like.
Speaker 5: I just thought that she was doing it because dude was gonna better than him, No, no.
Speaker 4: Make it better, trying to make it way better.
Speaker 3: Nah, I think I think in that in that scene, I don't know if this knows. It just shows that he's that people in that class have more access to things, and even though he probably could have trained, have been better, but there were people better than him, and he was at the little wrong of the thing of this whole society that he was a part of, and he didn't fit in nor belong. But it also showed once again like she was more aggressive. You know, she kissed him instead of him kissing her. So, you know what, I'm just not realizing.
Speaker 6: The issue is he's he's too see Margaret quality to me isn't isn't conventionally good looking enough, And he's too conventionally good looking. He doesn't seem like a motherfucker that came from the dirt. Put Jeremy Renner ass in there. That motherfucker looked like he hadn't been through some ship. Put Tom hard Hardy in there, who he Women think he's very handsome, but he always looks dirty as hell to me. Or put fucking Daryl from Walking Dead. I'm gonna believe this story. If Daryl's telling that this movie is a one, that's a good point.
Speaker 5: Daryl's gonna tell y'all, man, you know, I'm always been at the bottom of the always been there. I don't need to talk to no priest this shit. I would be like, oh, what else happened, Darryl? How'd you get there, darryld This motherfucker.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But don't you think that could work in the opposite way though, because he has the looks, one could say that it shows that he doesn't belong.
Speaker 6: But that's what I'm saying, like, like, when you clean Daryl up, you know, Daryl used to be a male model.
Speaker 4: When that's what I read.
Speaker 5: At least, when you clean Daryl up, he's a handsome guy. When you clean Tom Hardy up, he's a handsome guy.
Speaker 6: But when you don't clean him up, those motherfuckers look filthy all throughout Venom. Tom Hardy look like he needs twelve fags.
Speaker 3: They have a rugget look to him, right, Yeah, a handsome, rugged guy though, but you know, and they love you know, Hollywood love good looking white that's her favorite thing.
Speaker 6: But this is not the right role for a super handsome, good looking white man that can't really convey any kind of emotion.
Speaker 1: So Tom Cruise want to work, Brad.
Speaker 6: I think wouldn't wouldn't have worked because he's not really a good actor.
Speaker 1: He's not a good actor. He's not keep it moving.
Speaker 2: So yeah, mother dies and she wants him to have the life that he deserves. So then he goes to the state trying to reclaim that, but he's rejected by written letter like.
Speaker 1: They just brought up. I hope this finds you will.
Speaker 5: That's a kid, nuts the best person to do that to his little kid.
Speaker 1: I hope he can read it.
Speaker 3: Geez, that was a line that stuck out to me, and that was funny, he said, Because we hope this finds you are like, damn, that's called and.
Speaker 1: Then he recited the line. I was like, oh, yeah, that hits you. Sure.
Speaker 2: So we flashed forward to where he's an adult. Now he works, he's a suit salesman in New York, and then he has a chance encountered with Julia again. This is one of the rare times we see her again. Wait, am I making too much of it?
Speaker 1: Y'all?
Speaker 4: Don't think she wasn't looking for him?
Speaker 6: No, No, I do think. Well I thought she did too, But now that I'm taking it out, you know, that doesn't make any sense because he didn't have any kind of money or access yet, but she.
Speaker 5: Still knew he had access to it because he told her a long time ago. I thought she went looking for him to get out. I thought she set this whole ship up.
Speaker 6: I don't think Spike is crazy. I think that could be something.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 6: But maybe once she saw him working at that suit store, she's like, oh, you ain't shit. Let me just go ahead and leave and just keep an eye on you.
Speaker 5: I thought that she looked him up because he was She knew from when she told him they was young, that he was running going to wun into that money eventually.
Speaker 4: And she did this the plank to seed like you should get to it, because.
Speaker 1: She said that when she walked out the door.
Speaker 3: I know, but that was just a catchphrase she told us when she got hipped on to it.
Speaker 1: Later in the movie.
Speaker 5: I thought she was what was she doing in this store? I think they were about she was about to get married to the guy. I was, Yeah, Her husband was outside. He sure was this is bad. This is bad writing, bad right, because she told him, Hey, my friend works in there such and such.
Speaker 3: He said, Oh, it wun't surprised me that, you know, he was ended up working in the spot like this.
Speaker 5: This is really bad writing, man, because like y'all just happened to walk by and she's like, oh, dude's in there.
Speaker 1: But that's a rope romantic comedy sort of movie anyway.
Speaker 6: But you hit it on the head early when you said this is this would be a movie from the nineties. Before this had been done one hundred and eighty thousand times. But now that we're in twenty twenty six, it's starting to be just like, all right, bro, we're too smart for this. You just happened to be walking by and you saw him in there, and you recognize him, but you don't see him since you were kids.
Speaker 1: For the Yeah, that's general population. That's fine. You're right, it's fine. That's why pop music follows this template.
Speaker 4: You're right, you know that's you're right whether yeah, question it to it at some point, but it just still wasn't enough for me.
Speaker 5: It's worse now than I thought. I thought she was like some mastermind of I.
Speaker 1: Would have made the movie. But it would have.
Speaker 2: It would have That's why that's what I said, Like I noticed it was trying to be a far fitime movie, but it just didn't execute it well. Like, yeah, it just isn't crazy. Yeah, it just didn't do it well anyway, So she knows she realizes. Okay, like y'all said, he ain't ship.
Speaker 4: Less shit because they sent him to the warehouse.
Speaker 2: Right, because like they're saying, like in online, saying that he didn't even know like that wasn't what sparked him to go.
Speaker 1: Get the inheritance.
Speaker 2: It was the fact that the owner, which is next how is their son to be to take his place, basically to be the next in line for ye we that nepotism, So that's what I'm saying. So so it was that that sparked the idea for him to go after his inheritance or whatever.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't her per se.
Speaker 6: I never thought it was her that made him go after it. I thought she didn't know that he hadn't gone out.
Speaker 1: I'm just talking about Spike. Spike thought it was Dan. I'm talking about Spike.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Spike, stupid not you might.
Speaker 4: You don't like when other people drag your shit out. See how I feel.
Speaker 1: I tried to did it. Though I tried to did it.
Speaker 6: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released and a verse ursery film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com. Frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Danny, we got our first attempt to kill. He goes after the first Son Hampton style party. Anything interests you all about this first kill? This is where he.
Speaker 4: H you know, he goes on the boat and all of that.
Speaker 1: He has the.
Speaker 4: Trope of having a hat on with the glasses every time.
Speaker 1: Every time.
Speaker 5: You got to ignore so much to even like go with this movie, Like nobody's seen you riding Dolo out to the boat on the jet ski.
Speaker 4: Like it's just you had to ignore so much. But I mean movie matchic.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, no, I'm going back to Spike's theory because Otherwise, why would she have all those pictures of him she was stalking him? She had after no, she had pictures of him going to the boat. Why would she have pictured him going to the boat?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, she's she said that after this is when she got onto it.
Speaker 4: After the first killing.
Speaker 6: I thought she had pictures him going to the boat.
Speaker 4: So she said, I could have swore he was on the jet skin one of them. I could have sworn he was too.
Speaker 1: I don't know because if it was, I missed that.
Speaker 2: But maybe that she said afterwards, she noticed that he was like an Olympic swimmer, and she's like, there's no way he could have drowned, so that that.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right, you're right, But they could have shown it could have been nor could have been a picture there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, you're right. Yeah, I don't remember what. But he said, y'all right, goddamn move on.
Speaker 4: Ship said y'all right twelve times.
Speaker 1: So this.
Speaker 3: Was interesting because I was like, how the hell is he gonna first how the hell he's gonna find a way to kill all these people? Yes, And how the hell is he gonna end up killing the first person who just happened to be drunk on the boat.
Speaker 1: So movie ship and.
Speaker 3: I guess you can say that they would assume that he was throwing an anchor and somehow that got wrapped. They didn't go into a lot of explanation. They just went to the to the funeral. I didn't think it was funny. It was like, oh, it's that easy, even though it was asked. So I did find that interesting. However, I am in agreement with you a little bit, Spike, because he did not look like he belonged at that party.
Speaker 1: Because there was a bunch of young people there in.
Speaker 4: His he was the only one that remember remember him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he looked like didn't fit. You know.
Speaker 3: It looked like he's saying, I look like an old guy trying to go to you.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, what, how heavy was the anchor?
Speaker 6: Anchors are heavy in the water, but it took dude, whole body in the water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could well not know. Spikes onto it too, because he was holding it for a minute. He dropped it. He was like, they're with it, but dude, whole body across.
Speaker 6: It like a small Oh god, man, y'all making this movie worse than it was.
Speaker 1: No, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: He this dude's not a big guy.
Speaker 1: He's like my strong. Are you talking about the guy that got snatched.
Speaker 4: In know, I'm talking about Glen Powell. He don't look like he's that big, is he?
Speaker 1: No, he's cut, he's real. Yeah. Yeah, that's another thing.
Speaker 4: Why when I say he was my size, can say no, he's strong.
Speaker 1: You really.
Speaker 4: Love And I'm.
Speaker 3: Surprised they didn't do it in this movie because he's physically ripped.
Speaker 1: They love to show him.
Speaker 4: Shirtless in movies, gotcha, gotcha, but they didn't do it in this one, yanking him off the bench across the bike.
Speaker 1: How many times you wanted movies? Bro?
Speaker 4: I don't think that's that crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that one.
Speaker 5: Ain't crazy because I mean enough pressure can pull you down into the ocean, and the pressure increases as it goes down exactly.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that could have that one. That one is fine. That one is fine.
Speaker 2: But like Kim was saying, he saw that that was a relatively easy So he attends the funeral afterwards, but then he's introduced to the to his father, and the father does the whole nepotism thing and it's his uncle. Yes, yeah, this part could have been cool. Yeah, cool, like like going to that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. I said, it wasn't.
Speaker 6: It wasn't Like I thought they were going to make the movie about this because the first when he first said, you know, I have these other people that they would have to die or with me to get the inherent and I'm like, Oh, he's gonna kill.
Speaker 4: These people through this movie.
Speaker 6: When he killed the first one, I was like, oh, great, this whole movie is gonna be him going around killing people.
Speaker 1: This is stupid.
Speaker 6: But then when he met the uncle, I was like, Okay, they're going to go a different direction. This could be interesting. It would be way better if.
Speaker 4: Him and uncle got close and uncle starts suspecting him of the murder. Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: I was like, okay, if the uncle actually thinks he killed his son, and then you have the two black FBI P gonna show up. If that's what this movie turns into, him having to like the uncle, having to like break down like, oh, I think this is what happened. This could be interesting, But that's not what they did.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind the route that they went with with the uncle just still drawing him closer to him, and then like, you know, he wants to go for this inheritance, but because he had his love for his uncle, he doesn't want to kill him. So I didn't mind that route per se. Yeah, because I was wondering, like, Okay, well, damn, how is he is he really gonna kill his.
Speaker 1: Uncle that he's just grew this bond with.
Speaker 6: But when they went, when they went back to the killing, I was just like, Okay, this is dumb, and now I know exactly what's about to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure. So speaking of that, did you have anything else on the uncle?
Speaker 1: And then?
Speaker 3: No, I thought I thought it was I thought it was interesting or funny that he lost his job because of nepotism, but he gained a job because of exactly so he benefited from a system that was against him. So his class status quickly changed to another one one one of privilege. You that was the style upon him when he was born into this family.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anything else on that on the uncle?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So let me are moving to the second murder, which is Noah. Noah's a photographer or the artists. Uh introduces himself as they come across the path. Uh, passed out woman and Noah tells Beckett to kick the can.
Speaker 1: This is just for its like inspiration.
Speaker 2: Just showing that easier real artist, or he just doing some bullshit or whatever.
Speaker 1: Uh. But anyway, I thought this one was okay.
Speaker 4: I thought Noah had some some character about.
Speaker 1: Him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like he was he was a he was a he was a decent character to me. How did ya feel about Noah?
Speaker 1: I like this.
Speaker 5: He played in Silicon Valley, okay, and he played a good role there, but it wasn't interesting. But I do think that this part of it, like Noah the girlfriend, him falling for that whole exchange, I thought that was good. I didn't I didn't have a problem with but the predictability of it, which takes me out of it. It's like, Okay, well he's gonna kill him at some point, so he has.
Speaker 1: To kill him. It's no movie without it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you know, I think that for me, this was a little bit of a It's not because I understand what type of movie it is, but it's still was just a slight issue because I'm like.
Speaker 1: You immediately fall for this girl who's.
Speaker 3: In a relationship with the person you're going to kill, that's going to immediately put you on like the hook for this murder.
Speaker 1: You just came around, you know, Yeah, you just came around.
Speaker 3: The boyfriend dies, and now you're dating the boyfriend, which he acknowledged in the movie.
Speaker 1: He did acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: But the FBI just stupid as fuck because they used that as they used to the other thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, bro, it's.
Speaker 3: Like right there, like you can you know there's something right there, so you know again, I just I let it go. But as soon as he was talking about even though he acknowledged it, I'm glad you acknowledge.
Speaker 1: It, but that should come back to bite you never did yep. Yeah, the FB with trash, super trash.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't understand, Like, what was the point in him if they weren't gonna really do some real investigation.
Speaker 4: I don't like how they made him black.
Speaker 1: Dumb. They need to be white cotton.
Speaker 4: At least they made one of them white. FBI.
Speaker 5: When does that ever happen? Yeah, come in the face to just dumb. The whole movie couldn't figure ship out right then, they couldn't.
Speaker 1: It was it was weird.
Speaker 4: This whole, this whole, this whole.
Speaker 5: Scene was was was trash. No, it was trash. The girlfriend was trash.
Speaker 6: I had to look her up. I couldn't remember where I saw her from. She was in fucking iron iron Fist. Oh really, she ain't really done much since. Yeah, I didn't mind her, though, I did like the situation. It was just like, this is stupid. It was kind of stupid. Felt fast.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 6: It was super fast and super forced. I left my jacket knowing she's gonna come running out here.
Speaker 1: What and then the quick and her being okay with it.
Speaker 3: I think in this day and age, like in the nineties and eighties, that shit can work. In this day and age, you need a little bit more and not you just making googly at one another.
Speaker 4: And it was the book thing that we were supposed to believe.
Speaker 3: I understand that, but still like, that's all, bro. You didn't get any type of con at all. Y'all just looking at each other and bonding over and you come back for a dinner and next thing you know, you're pulling Nah.
Speaker 2: She was desperate you and obviously Noah wasn't giving her attention she wanted and then but he was and then they had similar interests and stuff, so they kind of played on that I get.
Speaker 1: This movie ship. But still it was just like.
Speaker 5: That ship would need to be stretched out for half the movie for me to just buy that.
Speaker 6: Oh she fell for him.
Speaker 1: That ship was wack. It was like Thiscond encounter. Look I'm with y'all.
Speaker 4: It was that just him.
Speaker 6: She couldn't take it. She's had to get them non lips man, everything but his lips. I don't know what happened to his lips. He needed to go talk to Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 4: God damn injections. He needs something, and the way he set up to kill him.
Speaker 5: So that's what I was about to ask, how do ya feel about let me go to the bathroom real quick in this brand new house? You basically built the bomb in the in the photo the science body, Yeah, but it took too long.
Speaker 4: If I go up to be spiking killing somebody, bro.
Speaker 1: But he took a long ass time in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Like they was like, if somebody come to your house, kid used the restroom real quick, People start asking what and then you catch him up there and it's like, oh man, I just had to.
Speaker 1: Come get get photo excuse ship. I mean it's this.
Speaker 6: You know, it was way too many conveniences like this to work.
Speaker 4: They used a lot of movie man and you know one thing I.
Speaker 6: Forgot to bring up at the beginning. Y'all probably didn't see it, but I think Rod did. So the guy you're saying you didn't recognize the director, he did Emily The Criminal, which was actually really good.
Speaker 1: That's what I was asking, like familiar with No.
Speaker 5: I had to look him up Baptist because I was like, how then get this job? The Criminal was the same type of movie.
Speaker 6: It's where like when you put somebody that's not in this world into a world are not familiar with.
Speaker 4: And then they have to figure it out.
Speaker 6: But it was so good because it's Audrey Plaza being thrown into like a criminal underworld where he tried to do the same ship with this, but make it a fucking comedy trash.
Speaker 1: Blew up.
Speaker 6: The fucking dudes, Come on, you know it was only gonna blow up the one little thing.
Speaker 4: He don't know what the he's doing. Why is he a scientist?
Speaker 1: On he's he just looked up how to make it blow.
Speaker 4: They need to give me an explanation as to why he's so smart.
Speaker 1: And while I think it is, I think you can look that ship up on.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, would you have thought, Okay, he's always smoking up here, there's gotta be some kind of powder that I could put in this water that's gonna make this.
Speaker 4: Ship blow up.
Speaker 3: I do think you could, after a period of time trying to figure out what ways to do it. But I think it was I don't think he used a cigarette. I think the cigarette was the plant. For the police investigations, the light was the trigger, and because when they started doing the analysis, it would make sense for the light.
Speaker 6: To be I thought it was the lighter that was the spark that blew it up.
Speaker 4: The light bulb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the light bulb that that created the spark. But when they're doing the investigation, that's cigarette. They're gonna find the cigarette, and they're gonna find the lighter, and they're gonna deduct that deduced.
Speaker 1: That it was the lighter.
Speaker 6: They call why would the light bulb cause a spark to blow down to Okay, then all kind of proven my point.
Speaker 1: That's what I was about.
Speaker 4: Say, you're proving this point even more that that's some intricate ass plot.
Speaker 6: Yes, if it was just the light, which was already bad enough, I would have believed that.
Speaker 5: But now y'all saying he broke the light man, Yeah, he broke the light. So when he pulled in a spark fly much, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: There was some diver ship. That's ridiculous. This movie sucks. Oh my god. All right, So we talked about the agents already.
Speaker 2: After this is when the agents finally pop up, because this is two mothers at this point, and they're like, okay, yo with.
Speaker 1: The family inherents, which, yeah, its protocol. Yeah, I wonder is that true. I didn't bother to look up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hell yeah, especially with a high profile family like this.
Speaker 1: You know. My thing with this part is like, at this point, bro, you need to stop. Like that's what I was like, move over. You got a job. You like, you think more clever ways to do it.
Speaker 4: You've got a girl, and you got a job. Let the ship got job too.
Speaker 2: And that's what the pastor was saying. He was just like, and this wasn't enough for you to stop. You know, you got a good job, you gotta you got a girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the same thing even before the past said I'm sure we all were. It's just like, all right, man, you won like you're good.
Speaker 4: But I knew that wud make the movie over.
Speaker 1: So I knew he's gonna have to kill the other exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so he lies about knowing about the inheritance where he didn't lack a good liar.
Speaker 1: He did not, I was a lot of good actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we move on to he's later informed that decline at the office, which turns out to be Julia.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: She encourages to kill to do continue the killings before asking for a long so I guess, yeah, matter of fact, he did consider not doing it, but this is where she came in with her influence for him to continue doing it before I kill her.
Speaker 6: That's the first thing I said. I was like, Okay, kill her, but I was like, he's not gonna do that. Carry on the us of the killings for no fucking reason. Kill this motherfucker, little skinny ass. He could have said anything happened to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is really what the film Fatale really kicking. Y'all feel anyway about Juliet at this point, I liked.
Speaker 4: Her, but I mean, she really didn't do nothing for the movie but make it more unbelievable.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, you know, she was at this point turning into the villain, so they were removing it from him for whatever reason, because he is running around killing people. And I mean she was asking for a loan because her situation fell apart.
Speaker 2: Which is why I don't think she had anything to do. In the beginning. We wanted him to go after everybody.
Speaker 3: But I don't think at this point she knew what was going on. She suspected it, yeah, but she didn't have evidence. So at this point, this is when somebody to start following him for the next murders that took place, and then we later found out that she was the one that was spending all the money, which is why he was broke.
Speaker 2: So yeah, right, anything else from anybody else on this part, all right? Yeah, So, like I said, she asked for the loan. In the midst of this, she took the keys, was to come back around, took his keys.
Speaker 5: With Mike, and he let her bro what I was forgives we all saw her take the key.
Speaker 4: I like that. She said that too, that they wrote that in this She was like, you've seen me too.
Speaker 1: Why would you make such a bad movie? Why? Why was he okay with that? I still don't understand.
Speaker 6: I don't either, I don't understand. Did they not have any other clever ways for her to get the key?
Speaker 1: I guess not. She took one of the keys off and she tossed him back to be fair, But we all saw it, Yeah we did.
Speaker 4: So I'm saying, why was he confused? Get in here?
Speaker 1: Why did he ask?
Speaker 4: Why why are you taking my keys? How she knows which key is the house keys?
Speaker 1: Even then? You write too many questions this movie, let's not that fire.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that thing and watching it can like that. Come on, said we're too smart for this in twenty twenty six, but make you have.
Speaker 1: To suspend too much more, way too much? So yeah, man?
Speaker 4: And then so he realizes that I warned his next in line, but he can't bring himself.
Speaker 2: This is what something about earlier. Can't bring himself to kill his uncle so convened.
Speaker 1: Didn't see this? Conn Well, who didn't see that? Didn't?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying the other murders that took place before I was one, before warning the auntie. These were well, not even.
Speaker 4: He skipped the uncle and went to the auntie. I believe no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: He killed the evangelists.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, remember preachers that he pretended to put and he put something in this this this is another one that should have been real suspicious to the FBI.
Speaker 1: Who was the evangelist.
Speaker 6: He had a cousin. He maybe had a cousin that was a preacher. He was like a real but she was a TV preacher. Like I thought that was later. I don't remember, I could you could be right, I thought it was later, but yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: It was the last person in line, know, his uncle what I.
Speaker 6: Mean, his uncle would have been the last in line, but his uncle still just died on his own.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that's what he said. He was going to stop it.
Speaker 5: He focused on the uncle, said he couldn't be able to do it, so they don't need me doing the other ones.
Speaker 4: And then that's when his uncle died. He was like, well, go ahead and do it. That's when he that's when he started going after the other ones.
Speaker 5: Damn, okay, yeah right, it's the same thing the uncle said when he got here with the hard time. I don't know why but I was the only one there that laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: He said, damn, holler.
Speaker 4: Fucking because it was strong as damn was.
Speaker 1: Honey.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Another show, he played the lawyer in one of the shows that we reviewed.
Speaker 1: I thought that was himself Anarchy, the little ugly dude from something Anarchy, the lawyer, And what a dude was I look it up him. So one coment I do have.
Speaker 3: We don't have to stay a long but to you guys point earlier, and I think maybe you said you guys probably agreed, is that we really should have spent a lot of time seeing the relationship between the office.
Speaker 1: Yes, yea like.
Speaker 3: Because this was a very pivotal moment for him and showed that he was trying to go a new path.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Agree, So because he skipped him, he didn't goes to what you were saying, the pastor.
Speaker 2: This is when he goes to it's the pastor and he pretends to be a writer of a magazine to interview him, and then as as a distraction, he asks about the photos of Steven's office beacon. As more of a compound this this I don't know, man, he's a chemist or something. Man, but he added it to his protein shape or whatnot. This I thought was was interesting because the the guy caught on to what was happening. He thought that he was the killer. No, he thought he was somebody else that was trying to.
Speaker 6: Right because the writer had already retired from the or he died from whoever the writer was that he was using the name. That person was gone already, so you're trying to set me up. He thought he was trying to write bad stuff about him.
Speaker 1: In the post.
Speaker 6: I know he said that, but I don't think he thought he was a killer. Yeah, yeah, okay, I don't think he's not.
Speaker 3: Even killer in a difference, he's not even killer hip killer killers.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was anything but the FBI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't think that. I don't think that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think they implied that the Preacher was suspecting that he was going to actually show up and kill him. He thought he was going to make I guess he was just like, why the fuck are you here since you're using somebody else's name. But all of this ship was whack. But all these swords and ship was stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he even said, and we have some sort of like like hip hop sort of thing to him too, when he said, hey, man, I hit you back or something like that. I don't know, but yeah, he thought it was somebody from the Washington Post. I was going to write a piece on him, so that that was his whole thing. I'm my issue and I think you just with this killing is that at this point these people, you got one that drowned, Okay, fine, whatever disposion, Maybe you could explain that, but somebody accidentally.
Speaker 1: Overdosing on this. Come on, and now it's three of the Red Fellows at this point around.
Speaker 5: The motherfuckers up and they got too much money to ignore that, like somebody in the family can hold on.
Speaker 3: Like the question I would ask is how does he accidentally take too much of this stuff that's in this drink that he's having that so you know what?
Speaker 4: What that The way they explained that one was that the church didn't want to.
Speaker 1: They did explain that, Yeah, they didn't want I forgot.
Speaker 2: To be an investigation on why the pastor would have overdosed or something like that, because they would have been a bad This.
Speaker 1: Was a good joke.
Speaker 6: Why would Beckett know that? Beckett wouldn't know that walking he wouldn't know that. But and why wouldn't he be smart enough to get somebody else to do the killings? Because by this point, why would he not think that the FBI was watching him, which they should have been. They fucking should have been watching him. But no, man, this ship just didn't make any sense. This was way too convenient.
Speaker 1: He suspected they were watching them, which is why he had the gout it. Oh they got to walk out look like him.
Speaker 4: But he still went there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so if if if they came, if the FBI went to the preacher preacher pastor whe where the FU his office and said, yo.
Speaker 4: Did anything strange happened?
Speaker 6: Well, there was this one guy with a hat and some glasses and no lips that showed up wanting to interview him.
Speaker 4: Oh that's god.
Speaker 1: He left pretty quickly, he loved pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: And he could have asked they could have asked for any video around the place.
Speaker 1: Right, you know?
Speaker 6: This was this was ridiculous, man, I don't this was this was high school level in this movie. Like, I don't think you have to be a critic to see the holes in this fucking story.
Speaker 1: Not for sure.
Speaker 2: So then the next next thing that happens is that this is where Julie is in his crib or whatever, and he has a relationship with Ruth at this point now, and uh yeah, I guess that this is where she's more so trying to convince him to keep going, and she wants more what's up?
Speaker 4: Like she was how long?
Speaker 6: I mean, I wouldn't even only ask stuff like this, but for a movie that's written this badly, she was just sitting there in the dark like this. This is a rich white woman. It's just sitting in the dark hoping he'll come home at.
Speaker 4: Some point so she can do this surprise.
Speaker 6: I'm here.
Speaker 4: This was ridiculous and you should have killed her right then.
Speaker 1: Well fuck that. I'm a hit.
Speaker 4: Though she said that ship when she was in the office, I'm hit. I would have thought that the way.
Speaker 5: When she was in the office, she was like only you know, like this could go another way, This could go another way, go everywhere, This can go every way.
Speaker 6: Les he could have saved himself all of this trouble if he gave her a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, he could have.
Speaker 3: I do agree with that, because that's all she wanted. But she was trying to get to the money of course, but still I do like that she was like, oh that was a bit dramatic, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah, so she did acknowledge. They acknowledge certain things.
Speaker 5: In the movie to kind of get us to ignore it, like we know this is stupid, but hey there with us were almost done. Yeah, and I guess this part is where he shows that he doesn't have any interest in her, because at first we didn't know if he had real interest in her because he did try to hit on herm when she came to the suit store.
Speaker 4: But this is where you realize, like, nah, he really likes Ruth Moore the girl or whatever.
Speaker 2: So yeah, both right, So anyway, this is where we get to the Yeah, and I think they did a good job at making the family seemed like pieces of shit because she was like one of one of those people that adopt these children from all over the country. And we know, like when people do that, it just looks like looks real sketchy when they do it. So, how did y'all feel about the encounter with the un and that murder or whatever? Because she has hell of surveillance on her because of everything that happened prior.
Speaker 4: She's like the motherfuckerin's gonna get me.
Speaker 2: So he catches her in a sauna and again uses poison on a fucking mouthpiece thing and kills her that way.
Speaker 4: I'm just glad they didn't linger here.
Speaker 5: I was like, Okay, get the shit over like, I'm glad that they didn't have to have a relationship like they built with the other cousin, Like, just get it over with.
Speaker 1: How is he so resourceful?
Speaker 6: How does he keep getting like work shirts and sneaking in and getting the whole ass uniform.
Speaker 4: How did you do this when you're broke? I know, broke people are very resourceful.
Speaker 1: But he got money. He got money. Now he got the job.
Speaker 6: Yeah that's true, But that he got money to where you can go get a uniform made so he can sneak into a spa.
Speaker 4: Six figure jump. Huh a six figure jump. You know what I'm saying. But I mean didn't really go the resources.
Speaker 3: Is just dumb dude with with with with the sound of one, Yeah, I don't know, but he did explain the aviador with the one that died by the airplane.
Speaker 1: He did say that was a shirt from Walmart and some glasses.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that. But he had a name, like he had a little tag thing on nobody.
Speaker 1: And he said Lemonade.
Speaker 4: Whole team of people, nobody, the man just giving him his coffee.
Speaker 3: Because he's a regular white guy walking around, so nobody will pay attention to that.
Speaker 4: At your job, this show.
Speaker 6: These your people thought this would be like us, I don't think people walking and they they just worked for the air airplane. I'm talking about the airplane people. None of them were like, well, there was this guy that we'd never seen before, and he did show up and give him some coffee. Like this is just getting to a point where it's not even funny ridiculous. It's just like y'all think we're stupid.
Speaker 1: And once they do the autopsy, they were realized that he had so you.
Speaker 4: Know, it's just it's not a perfect movie.
Speaker 1: No, it's not very far, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, y'all skip to the next one, which was Macauthy. That was the help you the uh yeah, I mean, hey, I know we lingered on ship. So no, no, yeah, that's fine. I mean because that one was right after they showed him back to back. So yeah, he gave him the coffee, killed him because he was inebated inside the plane and crashed.
Speaker 1: What was the poison that gette what was the allergic to?
Speaker 2: It was just some chemicals because she was using different things from That's that's why she thought it was it would work because she was already using different chemicals from different uh countries.
Speaker 1: So she just missed the wrong one and then that it looks like an accident. So yeah, that was. Yeah.
Speaker 6: None of the spat people saw this motherful walking around and was like, oh yeah, there's some guy again and white the lips and she just told, oh yeah, sure, come on, man, this is just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It was was. It was pretty bad. So then.
Speaker 4: So then they're leaving work one day and that's this is when the uncle collapsed.
Speaker 1: This is what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: The uncle just kind of kind of showing that okay, he was about to die and he was just saying how he was the only one that visited him things like that. So you can just tell that they actually had a bond. So it was kind of interesting to see that damn, he's been killing all the family. He really didn't want his uncle to die or whatever. So that's the part I said I thought was interesting, But I do agree that that could have gave more to that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we really needed that to see that he was really disturbed and bothered by that. That was definitely a miss moment in the movie.
Speaker 6: They should have made the uncle the very last kill and skipped over all that shit with the grandfather, which we'll get to, of course. But if they made the uncle the last kill and then it showed that he was just broken up about having to.
Speaker 4: Do this, this could have been interesting.
Speaker 5: But when they were walking down the stairs and everything looks so happy, I was like, I'm motherfucker finna die.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: To be fair, I didn't think he was gonna fall on the stairs and die, but the second he held.
Speaker 4: His chest, I was like, okay, well I was sort of right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And even at the board meeting, he know, he looked like he was really bothered and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can tell him an okay, so let me.
Speaker 2: So he ended up dying, dying, so that leaves the grandfather that's the last person to kill. But oh my god, at this point, he's he's he's showing that he's kind of content, he's having he's engaged and everything. They got an engagement party, but the same day of his engagement, the uncle that the grandfather invites him to the crib and he cannot resist going to see the grandfather.
Speaker 1: What'd y'all think? What's happening right here? This was really cheesy?
Speaker 4: How they were not cheesy?
Speaker 5: They gave their best effort to try to tie this back to the original meeting with the fiance when she was like, well, why do you want all this for?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 4: Like if you had a billion dollars, what would you do with it?
Speaker 5: And then they tied it in with him choosing to go see the grandfather over just going to the gauge, like, you got what you want, you got a wife, you got a nice job, you're successful at this point, but he still had to go chase more and he didn't even have a reason for it at all.
Speaker 1: Well, not exactly. That's not quite high. I went. They used.
Speaker 3: What's her name, Julia and her embellzement as the motivation for him to go to the grandfather.
Speaker 1: It still doesn't work for me. Well we skip. I struggle with.
Speaker 2: To invite but then yeah, I was gonna say that that's all good. She comes into the play and was like, no, you need to see this through. She takes tell them to go to the office where her husband is. She want to check for seven fifty right, mm hmm, So she kind of something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But anyway, at this point, FBI is really like, Okay, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: So all of this happens. He storms through this building, he finds the husband. He he forces the.
Speaker 1: Last two weeks. Why couldn't he just give her the check?
Speaker 6: But that instruction, I know, what's the instructions, But why couldn't he be like, no, I can't keep doing this because the FBI is following me around their.
Speaker 4: Tracking Then be like, I'm not doing this. Get your ass over here, your skinny ass, take this.
Speaker 6: But that's what she presented the Kotos like, I know, but be like, I'm not going through his office because I'm going to get in trouble. I'm gonna give you the check and be done with it right here.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 2: He didn't make any sense, Yeah, but she I guess she just didn't want to be tied to it like that, so she wanted to keep her distance.
Speaker 4: She k because the husband knew that she was involved with it and that she was on the phone.
Speaker 1: She was on the phone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and that he but she was.
Speaker 2: It was like a boss move, like like, no, I don't want to I don't want to be anywhere part of this, Like y'all, y'all just give it to him, hand it over to him.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the boss move. That was plot device. They just used it to get him in the hoosband the same place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And she didn't have nothing to do with the death. If she killed the man, then I would have been like, Okay, that's a boss move.
Speaker 1: But she didn't.
Speaker 4: Who kills himself by stabbing himself in the fucking stomach?
Speaker 1: How was this movie made? Y'all?
Speaker 4: Who kills himselves like that? Nobody?
Speaker 1: Well, he wasn't dead at the moment. Huh.
Speaker 4: You're talking about the husband. The husband stabbed himself in the stomach and died, But.
Speaker 1: That was later.
Speaker 4: That was later that the latter who does who kills themselves?
Speaker 1: That way? Ride? I don't know what what he was age.
Speaker 6: He's talking about the Pooku, but they don't. I don't know if they still do that ship that was like that would make movies.
Speaker 4: I don't know they still he did just say Asians, I did my little grace but I knew what he meant. Asians whatever, like the Asian dad check his stomach.
Speaker 1: They just they just fall on all off, every single one. That's crazy, bro.
Speaker 6: Ship if roots show up there, hey man, you look for some sword a round. Now that ship was dumb as hell. Man, what a how you doctor? He observed to die. If you doctor a letter opener not.
Speaker 1: Long, it would have took you to bleed you.
Speaker 4: All day. I die before anybody.
Speaker 1: Come in here and see me.
Speaker 2: All right, man, So then we all right, so this is go there we jumped. Now we can jump to the mansion and this showdown show? What did y'all think about the show down?
Speaker 1: That I was out? As bad as everything? Whole scene. This was worse.
Speaker 4: This was the whole A billionaire, rich white man, like just have him killed just.
Speaker 1: In this ouse gun running around.
Speaker 4: This was ridiculous. And then he sat.
Speaker 1: Arrows watch at the beginning of the movie trying to circle. It was like crash. It did not rash.
Speaker 6: It was trash that you even went. It was trash that you didn't have no signal at the dude's house.
Speaker 1: It was all trash.
Speaker 4: And why did you have to go today? Why can't you go to tomorrow. Why can't you call? Why are we doing this?
Speaker 5: And then they have this conversation where they're talking in cold about what he knowing that he did it and didn't like that was compelling to like, bro, like you gonna shoot this man or not, Like, let's get this ship move if you don't hurry up with this bullshit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I hate in movies when they just when they have lights off for no reason. I just I just like they're just walking in the dark. It just really bothers me. None of this may look.
Speaker 1: I'm not defending any aspect of I was waiting, so I have the issues. I just accepted it for what it was. This shit was stupid. The arrow. I was like, okay, self defense.
Speaker 3: Somehow he's gonna get away with all of this, even though there are seven brad Fellows dead and he gets the money.
Speaker 1: They already told him that he inherited the money.
Speaker 3: So at some point the FBI should have done a full invest mitigation into every single one of these, uh probably cold.
Speaker 1: Cases at this point the ship.
Speaker 3: But the issue I had mostly with this outside of him trying to kill him, because as a billionaire, he could probably easily get away with that using money?
Speaker 1: Why the fuck did you even go?
Speaker 3: That was the issue I had, And I'm with everything you said, Mike, you can go on another day.
Speaker 1: You don't have to go at all. Using him being upset with Julia.
Speaker 3: Forcing him to give this money as the reason for him to go did not make any sense for me.
Speaker 1: I thought that he was gonna get caught because he was like, I told you it was gonna be a tragedy, right.
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna get caught because he accidentally killed that guy and that was gonna be how he ended up going to jail, the.
Speaker 1: One that stabbed himself when he put him in the in the Yeah, when he put.
Speaker 3: Him in the choco, I was like, Oh shit, he's gonna kill him, and that's how gonna get caught.
Speaker 6: I thought he was gonna get I thought the same thing. I was like, Oh, he's gonna get caught. And Julia is the one that set it up because she killed him.
Speaker 1: She didn't.
Speaker 4: But the biggest problem with this whole ship was FBI was on him.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 6: FBI was at the office and was like, Oh, we're tracking him, we see him leaving. Why don't you have a full time tracker on this dude, Then why did you have any cops in this movie at all?
Speaker 1: Why didn't they go?
Speaker 3: I thought they were gonna follow him to the Why wouldn't they have if they follow him, why didn't they go talk to the guy that he talked to at this place, you know, and say, hey, what did he come up here and talk to you about?
Speaker 1: Why was he even here?
Speaker 4: This is a billionaire. I'm going to bring you to my home, my personal private home, and.
Speaker 1: Shoot you with a gun.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go through my house, chasing you, shooting up doors. Why wouldn't you just have him killed like.
Speaker 4: Trump did Epstein? Why wouldn't you just do that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna lock the door, and you can't get.
Speaker 4: Out all the doors, all of the door.
Speaker 3: He couldn't find a window to jump through. A ship was so I was, I'm just gonna shoot at you with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was crazy.
Speaker 6: And even even if we go past the fact that he fucking killed this this this billionaire guy. When he got back to Ruth, I was like, Okay, this would make sense if he goes ahead and shows like, yo, dude shot me in the arm. DA I had no choice, no No, he's just like, man, I had to do the baby.
Speaker 1: Well, he told her that. Though I would, they didn't show us or we didn't hear it.
Speaker 5: He didn't want to hear that. Ship I understand that I'm showing the wound. I got shot, y'all, assuming in the first place, I would have said I got kidnapped. These motherfuckers shot me and dragged me to his house.
Speaker 3: Because remember he said I told her because I was like, oh, man, you're gonna tell her everything. They're not married, so therefore he's gonna get caught this way now right in the movie frash and then to have I just told her just what she's gonna see on the news, which was he got killed. So I'm assuming that at that point he had to have told her about that. Yeah, I think he told everything at that point and she didn't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't. She accepted it.
Speaker 4: That is making it worse writing again for me, it is, but she accepted it.
Speaker 2: They had the riches at this point, so what she didn't want, which she didn't want, but but she she accepted it or whatever. So they show him living and starting to live a lavish lifestyle and then he gets caught for.
Speaker 1: A murder that he didn't do. This is what we talk about, the husband that stabbed himself. How long? This is so stupid, This is so stupid. I got nothing.
Speaker 4: The times jump in the time that they found out the dudes did didn't make.
Speaker 6: Sense none, because it made it seem like they were elite for a minute.
Speaker 4: So we just figuring to murder out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because with the letter opener, he go on this big trial classic FBI. The party thing they did that at a on your neighbors or whatever. Yeah, your friends they did of the same ship where.
Speaker 1: They at the event. So to make a dramatic arrest, them take him out and uh, he's on trial. She's there, and then she's not there. So all of this was so predicted. Yeah, I guess she heard that Julia Lai say that he's always been in love with me. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You should have hit at least once. She Yeah, she's like, I tried to give you some pussy. He didn't want it, so you made me go.
Speaker 4: We could have had fun, right, That's what she said to but she saw, Yeah, she didn't even have the money at this point.
Speaker 1: Though she had the money at this point unless she got her husband's she probably have got life insurance. Yeah, but you know, obviously she wanted more.
Speaker 2: So she visits him at prison and tells her like, look, I got this, got this letter, I can release that he wanted to kill himself.
Speaker 1: Aren't these calls recorded? Yeah? They are? Why couldn't he just go?
Speaker 4: And like, you know, she just admitted X y Z.
Speaker 5: Even beyond that, like the pardon and what it would have took for him to like get out of jail, like you just got out that day when she dropped the letter, like knows he got out of that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he got that look like he was waiting on the time.
Speaker 4: He was like that was for the.
Speaker 5: Execution, so they probably stayed the execution. Yeah, they stayed the execution. And maybe it's like a week later or something.
Speaker 1: When the preacher started reading Man and I was like, man, the longest fun, no more of this. It's a round for you.
Speaker 4: You made me walk down to the Green pastors, Bro, that's where you fin to go.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, because I'm like, I'm like the brother. The preacher was thinking, Bro, why would you even think to believe? Or when she said I want everything. M hmm, you didn't and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He had to do it well nonetheless, that or die like you at least got to have a little bit of faith like this what she you know, it came through like they said, you know, he was released.
Speaker 2: They said that the husband released a letter that he was actually gonna killed himself, and.
Speaker 1: They released him. They released him. He came out. What did y'all think at this point when he came out to Ruth? I said, she's about to leave?
Speaker 6: I said, she about the way she's standing there like that she about to leave at all? No, she had that stance like I'm mad as fuck, Yeah, because she didn't want like all of it to her was for nothing.
Speaker 4: She established that when we were very first introducing.
Speaker 5: And I'm thinking she only got that mad probably because she pulled up and she saw old girl back there.
Speaker 3: And she was like, yeah, makes sense because I was bullshitted.
Speaker 4: You see what you leaving?
Speaker 1: That right? That's what it's because she saw her behind So that makes sense. So that that that closes, And I.
Speaker 4: Forgot what she gave him?
Speaker 1: What did she give him?
Speaker 3: Which which him constantly reciting that over and over again. At one point when he did have everything that he needs, which is when the preacher pointed out, I'm like, bro, you did what your mom asked you to do. Like you know, you've gotten what you felt you deserve. There's no need to go further. So anyway, now you want to.
Speaker 2: Advance for his mother being treated the way she was, and Julia was the factor. I think he wouldn't have seen it all the way through if Julia didn't.
Speaker 1: Right, they Yeah, exactly. I believe that they used well, they used Julia to get him to go all the way through.
Speaker 6: I think he still would have gone to the grandfather's house because he wanted revenge.
Speaker 1: He was he was mad.
Speaker 5: He was mad about the way his grandfather treated his mother. Revenge or acceptance, I think he would have went then. Also, if his grandfather had been like I'd bring you into the family or whatever bullshit, I think he would have took that too.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know. Yeah, because he didn't want to. He had the opportunity to kill him, he just didn't. My my my thing with.
Speaker 3: Could he have gotten the money back if he signed that under the rest in which he did, that was the question.
Speaker 1: He hadn't There was no reason for him to get in that car. None.
Speaker 6: None, except well, I lost Ruth, I may as well go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Hit real quick rich.
Speaker 3: But they showing him crying at the end, like he didn't even want to be there with her, like he had lost.
Speaker 1: So he got everything he needs.
Speaker 3: She ended up winning at the end of the day, which I did like that part of it that it wasn't a happy go lucky story.
Speaker 1: But he.
Speaker 4: Man, she's basically he's basically like her hitch prisoners did the prison boys going out?
Speaker 1: He was supposed to be her prisoner. Then why how is he her prisoner? I mean, he had lifestyle, but.
Speaker 6: Why would you at this point, that's when the movie ended. I said, you gotta be shitting me. You gotta be fucking shitting me.
Speaker 4: That's how this ends.
Speaker 1: I think that's her. I think she's that manipulative.
Speaker 2: I think she's like, look, I'm gonna bail you out and you're gonna live the life that you want, but you're gonna live that last because of me.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's manipulative. How is that really manipulation because it's not like she's tricking him.
Speaker 4: She know how bad he was.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that was for her, that was to keep her off his ass, So that at this point this movie doesn't make any sense because and the whole issue is the main character, Beckett. Nothing about Beckett makes any sense, especially by the end of the film.
Speaker 4: You walk out there, you lose your girl.
Speaker 6: You see Margaret qually ass, You're like, Okay, I'm just gonna go jump in the car and ride out with you.
Speaker 4: Then why go after your girl, the girl you're in love with?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? But now he's flat broke.
Speaker 3: He could have went after the girl and could have tried to get her back because she was content with living without money.
Speaker 1: Right, so he wasn't.
Speaker 4: We don't know that.
Speaker 6: That's my issue with this film is we don't know that he would not be content with no money and having the girl.
Speaker 1: The way we know that is because of what his mother said.
Speaker 6: His mother just said, I want you to live a life that you deserve.
Speaker 4: That could be with a woman that loves.
Speaker 1: You, but understood it as money.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 6: But the movie would have made a good point if by the end of the film he's like, shit, the money wasn't really worth it.
Speaker 4: But you killed all these people at this point and you got nothing to show for. You got your girl though, You got the love your life. You know what I'm saying. It's all you mean ship right there? Rod, You got your girl though.
Speaker 5: Question it's a question jayla As is like if your side should hit the lotter, Like how much.
Speaker 1: Do it gotta be for you?
Speaker 4: I've never heard that question.
Speaker 3: I don't know everything you're saying makes sense, but I'm more on Rod's side, and in terms of like, I think his understanding of this whole thing made it. I gotta get the money because she was denied the money, and that is what he felt like he deserves. We didn't see this, this flip and his character to where it's not about the material things, it's about the immaterial things, which is this girl, which I think is which is kind of I can't remember exactly he said that at the end. It was like, you know, it's really about you guys expecting this sort of happy, go lucky ending and it's not. It's you know, and them showing the gates closing, you know, of course being somewhat in jail, him not wanting to be there, but because she got all the money, him having to go there, and Julia when she says she wanted everything that also included him.
Speaker 5: I'm with you on he misunderstood or misinterpreted whatever the fuck what his mother said.
Speaker 4: I'm not with you on.
Speaker 6: Buying into his character believing it because at no point during the movie did I really think, Okay, he really does care about having all this money, Like, at no point did that for me at least become part of his core character.
Speaker 5: I think the bigger issue is he didn't really have any kind of character to begin with. This was one of the most poorly written.
Speaker 6: Main characters of any film I've seen in years.
Speaker 4: None go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think he just wondered what was old to him?
Speaker 4: Shit owed to him. That's what that would have made this movie good.
Speaker 5: It didn't have to be happily ever after, but that's what would have made this movie at least acceptable if by the end of the film he accepted that you ain't old shit, none of this money was owed to you.
Speaker 4: The only thing you're old is life and death and that's it.
Speaker 6: So if he left the fucking jail and then was like, oh, let me go after my girl, and the movie ended with him going after her, not necessarily getting her back, but just going after her. I would have still thought this movie was trash, but I wouldn't have thought this was super trash.
Speaker 1: I would have thought that was more typical if it went that way.
Speaker 6: This this you're right, You're right, that is way more typical, because that usually works.
Speaker 1: That's usually a good movie.
Speaker 6: This ending did not work because it wasn't hard hitting for me. Because also, at what point did you actually ever care about Beckett?
Speaker 1: Feel you?
Speaker 6: Did anybody ever really give a shit about whether Beckett fucking wins or not?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: So if by the end, if this character you don't.
Speaker 6: Give a fuck about, it's stuck with this other character that they barely even developed, who cares.
Speaker 5: I think they thought this ending was gonna hit. They make the movie like because it's Gone Girl's ending. Essentially, it's the same ending as Gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That movie had more legs. I don't know this movie to have enough legs for the ending to hit because I.
Speaker 3: For you guys critically think thinking about it from a critical standpoint, but they didn't develop storytelling standpoint.
Speaker 5: It's like what Mike is saying, why did he get in the car work at all? It was never established and not to be the dead. It was never established that the money and that lifestyle was like the end all be all for him, especially after he found love, and it was.
Speaker 6: Never established that she was actually going to give him anything. All she said was I'm gonna let you off the by releasing this fucking suicide letter.
Speaker 3: It didn't, but I think when she said everything throughout the movie, she was constantly still trying to get him.
Speaker 6: That's you trying to make this movie good. I didn't get that at all.
Speaker 5: Yep, and I built him out. But that's why she was there for him. No, she was there for him so.
Speaker 6: She would I'm at the jail. When she first went there and said I will do this, that was I know, I know, I know. That's so she could have all of his wealth. Even then, at no point was I like, oh, she's doing this because she wants him to Why would she want him?
Speaker 3: I think it flipped to getting all the wealth when he refused her advances. That's when she was like, all right, well, remember she said, we could have did this the other way, but since you don't want to do that, fucking I'm gonna just going to take everything.
Speaker 6: I never got everything meant I want you because then she okay, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I agree at that point. I didn't until the end of the movie and I was like, oh, she wanted him to that's.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. I think that's you making this movie better.
Speaker 1: Established that from the beginning that she liked him.
Speaker 4: No, they didn't, you know, they didn't.
Speaker 1: She came kissed.
Speaker 4: She kissed him at the recital, leading him on that part money they never established.
Speaker 6: I think that was her knowing that he liked her, and that was her using and that goes to Rod's manipulation aspect.
Speaker 4: I don't think she ever liked him ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she likes the money and the power more, but she liked what he can do for her in that city. He didn't have money.
Speaker 4: He didn't have exactly right, he didn't have ship.
Speaker 1: She was using him.
Speaker 4: He had talent, but he did.
Speaker 1: Some parents.
Speaker 4: He had talent.
Speaker 1: What it was, It made it very clear. Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Killed it, he killed it. She like the partition that she saw he was kind of like a little suff I think she saw him as a little stuff.
Speaker 5: And then, like you, the only thing she ever saw him was somebody that she can manipulates. That's fine, and she wants to continue to do that. Yeah, that's the reason she was outside. But there's nothing to manipulate at this point because he has nothing else for her.
Speaker 1: It maybe she may she may see something else for him. I don't know. That's that's that's part two. I hated her.
Speaker 5: We got to the end of the movie though, Yeah, I agree, make you hate her. Sorry, I hated her and that was like, bro y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't get her out of here.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, this, Yeah, I was trying to close this out because it is like I didn't realize, like this shouldn't have gone this long.
Speaker 1: But interesting y'all were dragging out, oh, dragging it out. Interesting y'all were dragging out trash as well anyway, man, So so yeah, man, that's how it ended.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Let me let us know if y'all like this or not. Man, if we you know, we're being too hard on it or whatever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we just if y'all like Glen Powell and we just missing the mark on him, man, But I yeah, I don't think we. I don't think we are, like I just he just doesn't do it. But yeah, man, that's that's been this review. Leave your comments, you know, follow us on all the things.
Speaker 1: YouTube. Uh but yeah, man to the next one. We'll see peace. Peace,