Speaker 1: Welcome back to second Date update. This morning, we've got Avery on the phone. Good morning Avery, Hi guys, thanks for taking my calls. Of course, of course I'm.
Speaker 2: Hoping you can help. So I went on a date with this guy named Liam, and I had a connection with him, so I haven't felt in years. I was on cloud nine. Yeah, but now he's completely ghosted me.
Speaker 3: M Okay, from cloud nine to completely ghosting is the worst. I just had a friend that went through this. How did you two meet? Let's take it from the top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we met on hinge. His profile was great and the texting conversation was even better. So we decided to meet for dinner last weekend.
Speaker 4: Where'd y'all go?
Speaker 2: We went to Mayes. It was perfect. The date was phenomenal. He was so charismatic and funny, and we had so much in common. It felt like it felt like we'd known each other for years. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, so dinner part is good. Sounds like a success so far. So like what happens after the dinner?
Speaker 2: Well, he was so excited about how well it was going that he asked if I'd be up for a spontaneous nightcap. He said his friends were at a bar just down the street, and he wouldn't me to meet them. I was so flattered, it was it felt like a huge green flag that he wanted to introduce me to his circle right away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's definitely a big step on a first date. So you guys went to the bar, yes.
Speaker 2: And this is where it all went so wrong. We walk in and I immediately see his friends. It was a big group of them, all sitting around a large table, but the vibe was very off. They all had these incredibly furious stromber looks on their faces. Oh no, okay. So as we got closer to the table, one of his friends stood up, looked at Liam with this grave expression and said, Liam, we're glad you're here. We need to talk. Wow my oh god, my heart. Think I realized I had walked into the middle of a serious personal intervention. I didn't know what else to do. I couldn't just stand there while his friends confronted him about I don't know, a drinking problem, a gambling addition, whatever it was. So I just like quietly backed away, slipped out the front door, and went home. I feel terrible. I felt terrible for him, but it was just it was too much.
Speaker 3: Wait. Avery, this is a wild story, because why would they I mean, if an intervention has to happen for something, I get it, But why would they wait till he was on a date? I can see why you ran. I think we we have to find out what's really going on with Liam now, right, Yes?
Speaker 2: Please, I just I really need to know what happened strange.
Speaker 4: Right, this is so strange and now I'm one hundred percent committed. So we're gonna call him. Coming up next on I three Q Second Date Update with Riggs, Caitlin and Erica.
Speaker 1: This morning on Second Date Update, we heard from Avery, who had like a really amazing date with a guy named Liam, but he decided to go for a nightcap and meet some friends at the bar. Afterwards, she walked into what we think was an intervention for we don't know what, but she got scared. She ran off. She just wants to see what the heck was going on, and quite frankly, we want answers to We're gonna get Liam on the phone right now with Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi is this Liam?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah? Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Liam? My name is Caitlyn. I'm here with Riggs and Erica. We're part of the Q Morning Show.
Speaker 1: You hous morning?
Speaker 5: Wait, wait for real? How was you know all every morning? What's up going?
Speaker 2: What's up dude?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately we're not calling for good things. Well maybe good things, I don't know, but we're calling because we've got a woman named Avery under the line. She said that you all went on a date last weekend. She had a great time, but she's a little confused. Why she hasn't heard back from you after the situation?
Speaker 5: Avery, Yeah, she's awesome. Hold up, I was the one who got ghosted. I thought the date was incredible and then she just vanished from the bar Texter never heard back. I was so bumped. She missed the best part of the night.
Speaker 4: Well, she was very confused, and we're going to tell you why she ran. But she said that you walked up to your friends and it looked like they were all serious, like staging an intervention of some sorts for you.
Speaker 5: Wait, an intervention, Yeah, is that what she thought that was?
Speaker 2: Wait, it wasn't an interventions, yeah, she's you know, Ay, No, it wasn't an intervention.
Speaker 5: It was it was my birthday. My friends were throwing me a surprise birthday party? Is that why you snuck out so quick?
Speaker 2: A surprise party?
Speaker 5: Yeah? The whole we need to talk thing was their dumb idea of a joke to throw me off before they all yelled surprise. I thought you hated my friends and ran.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I ran out of your surprise birthday party. I am so mortified, Liam, I am surprised. Yeah, I'm so sorry. I saw their faces and I panic. I mean, what would you have done?
Speaker 1: I think his friends are strange, by the way, first for not just yelling.
Speaker 3: So well, the thing is weird, frankly, I mean Avery, First of all, we could see why you were confused, because, like we just said, why wouldn't they yell surprise instead of obviously? They were probably trying to joke like, oh, we need to talk to you now that you know that he is not dealing with some things and not needing an intervention, would you be down to go on a second date with Liam and we'll pick up the bill and take care of everything.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, one thousand percent. Liam. Can I please take you out for your birthday like properly, no interventions or surprise parties. I promise.
Speaker 5: You know, what this is the best story I've ever heard. And yeah, Avery, I'd like that a lot. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, thank you so much. I have a question.
Speaker 4: Hold on, So you knew that some friends were going to be there, but you didn't know that like all the friends were going to be there.
Speaker 5: Oh it was like my friends invited me out. There was no details and it was a usual guy story where I don't ask questions, so they're like, hey, coming to the bar. I say, okay, where and uh yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like a simple conversation would solve so many of these second day updates.
Speaker 3: Probably yes, yes, yes, but at least it's a success.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a second date. Hang on the phone, we'll get your info. We'll vendill you some money so you can have a nice, proper second day.
Speaker 2: Yo, thank you so much.