Speaker 1: This morning, we're talking with Florence, who recently went out on a date with Jacob.
Speaker 2: Florence, Hi, good morning, Hi.
Speaker 3: Thank you for taking my call. Sure, I'm hoping you can help me. I went on a date with this guy, Jacob, and I really felt like I had met my intellectual match and he just disappeared on.
Speaker 4: Me an intellectual match. Okay, so tell us how did you guys meet?
Speaker 3: Well, we met at a book club. Actually, yeah, my friend invited me. We really hit it off talking about these historical biographies, and you know, we decided that we should get together for a proper date.
Speaker 5: Okay, I love a book club romance, Like, I'm already one hundred percent. And where did you guys go for the date?
Speaker 3: We went to a quiet little wine bar post in the Hype.
Speaker 2: Oh the little bread things are so good. I love that place.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was perfect and the conversation was absolutely brilliant, and we talked for hours about history and art and our passions.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it that y'all are passionate about? Did those match up?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm an author and I actually spent the last five years writing a historical fiction novel that was set in Tudor, England.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, are we best friends?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I'm like, are we the same person?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exciting. I was published last spring, and so we spent a good portion of the time, you know, talking about the book. He had a lot of questions and he seemed fascinated and he was completely engaged.
Speaker 4: All right, so it sounds like a good connection. How did the date end. What happened at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: Well, it ended with a lovely side hug, and he said he couldn't wait to read my book, and he made me write down the title for him so he could go looking for it. But the next day I heard nothing. It's been three days now. I don't get it. Was he intimidated by my success? Did? I mean? Why did he talk about my book so much? I thought he was genuinely interested. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I mean, it's hard to say. And if he you guys, met at a book club, so you would think that, you know, he'd be interested in it. So we're gonna get to the bottom of it and we'll call Jacob when we come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, please doo.
Speaker 3: I felt something real.
Speaker 4: There, all right? Well, did that coming up next with Riggs, Caitlyn and Erica and Second Date Update. So we talked to Florence this morning. She met Jacob at a book club. Caitlyn and Erica are over the moon because she is a history buff. Yes, she's an author, and they were talking about the historical novel that she wrote. But Jacob has completely ghosted her. We're gonna get him on the phone and find out what's happening this morning for ninety three Q Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi, may.
Speaker 2: Please speak with Jacob. Yeah, Jacob, Hi Jacob, good morning. This is Riggs, Caitlyn and Erica on ninety three Q.
Speaker 4: What's up, dude, Hola, Hi, him just coming in hot this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We were actually calling you about a friend of ours, Florence, who you recently went on a date with, and she's concerned that maybe her success kind of scared you all.
Speaker 4: And what happened?
Speaker 6: Is that what she said?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, gosh, okay, Yeah, I guess I could talk about it. I mean, the date was fine. She's really intelligent. I'll definitely give her that. I thought it was cool that she was an author, But she talked about her book the entire night on stop. It was Honestly, it was a bit much, but I was still impressed. I mean, writing a novel is a huge accomplishment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you were interested in her work?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I was so much. So when I got home from the date, the first thing I did was go on Amazon to buy her book. She had even written the title down for me. I think it was the Last Bolin And she told me all about the plot.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're supportive like that. Did you you know, did you find the book? Did you order it?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, I found it. It was exactly she described it. The title, the cover art was the same. She talked about the plot points, about anim Blynn, the little known cousin. It was all there. And then the biggest problem I would say is that the author wasn't Florence. This book was written by a woman named Karen Arthur. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it possible? Wait, hold on, is it possible it's not the right book?
Speaker 6: Oh no, I mean everything she said about this book was exact. Mean, I know there are a lot of books out there about the Bullin's, believe me, but everything she said was exactly in this book. I don't think she wrote a single word of it. I think she took credit for someone else's novel, and it was probably the most bizarre and elaborate lie I've ever encountered. So I didn't know what else to do. I just read flags all over the place, so I just walked her number.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, Lawrence, you there, can you explain?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm here. You know, he obviously found the wrong book. I mean it's it's a very common title for a book, and you know my book is also called the Last bullon it and it also features a cousin. I mean, but it's completely different. I mean, he didn't look hard en us.
Speaker 6: Are you being serious right now, Florence. It had the exact same plot you described for two hours. You even told me the main character's name was Isabelle and that she escapes to France. It's the same story.
Speaker 3: It's a similar story, but it's not the same story. You probably misspelled my last name in the search bar. Did you actually use the hardcover search filter? I mean, my book has a blue cover, not the green one. You're totally slandering me right now.
Speaker 6: This is this insane. You are literally digging yourself into a deeper hole. Just tell me, admit it. Say it. Hey, you lied.
Speaker 3: I am a published author. I will not be spoken to like this, Jacob. You're just a lazy researcher and clearly not the intellectual I thought you were. So whatever, goodbye.
Speaker 2: She hung up.
Speaker 6: That was fast.
Speaker 4: That sounded like she knew that she was lying.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm looking up the book over here. She mentioned something about a green cover. I don't even see the book that you're talking about having a green cover.
Speaker 4: That sucks, though, because you would think meeting someone at a brook club would be good. Damn it.
Speaker 6: No. Second day yeah, I mean it would be too. I don't want to meet the person who actually wrote the book.
Speaker 4: Right, you know everything about it now? Well, thank you for your time this morning, Jacob.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Thank you, guys,