Speaker 1: The France Per Second Podcast. Welcome to the Frans per second Podcast. Anniversary of Usual Suspects. Uh, today I have with me Kennethy, Inch, Mike and Ron. It's good. What what anniversary year are we on for this? That's a really good question.
Speaker 2: Thy god, dang, nineteen y five. I think it's.
Speaker 1: Holy moldy, man, that's crazy. I saw Riding Dirty came out thirty years ago. I was like, oh no, really, yes, that was yeah, twenty seven years. I haven't made him to bring have a conversation about all that on his mice. Long shit, I got it in my notes.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: But after well, today we're gonna have a conversation about the usual Suspects.
Speaker 2: Mike, was this your first time seeing this?
Speaker 1: And I thought you said that because it was something we was talking about you with him? What I thought we were talking about something and we was like, don't ruin the ending. I thought we avoided. You was talking about the ending. I might have said that, but not for myself, just for other people.
Speaker 2: Got you. But no, I've definitely seen this movie. Okay, how was it revisited? It was fine.
Speaker 3: This is one of those movies that I don't have a desire to rewatch because once.
Speaker 2: You know the twist, it's like, I don't care about the rest of this.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do think it's an incredible film, but it's only an incredible film the first time you watch it, yes, or maybe the second time, because then you can go back, like you can look yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: But third time I was like, all right, cool, Rob, I will say you same man. It's definitely one of them films that shoots itself in the foot, like because once you've seen it, you can't unsee it, you know, and you just keep thinking about, oh man, this motherfucker playing them the whole time, and it's like damn, it kind of ruins the.
Speaker 2: Movie for you.
Speaker 1: And like even after all these years and I haven't been I haven't went back and watched it, I still it's still was like just I couldn't get it out of my head. I keep I kept on the end, like and that and that the movie is that that's.
Speaker 2: The allure of the movie, Like it's the end.
Speaker 1: So it was hard to kind of rewatch this and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I could not.
Speaker 1: And I just could not get into it because I already knew what what was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Did you have a similar experience, Well, we all look alike, Oh it was him, it was.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what it was. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: A quiet say nothing. He's been around his friend too long, That's what it is. Christ So I found this.
Speaker 1: Really interesting is that in the tracker that I used to watch, the Trap stuff I watched there was a play for this in twenty twenty one, but I did not remember.
Speaker 2: I still still was like watching it for the first time. So, but.
Speaker 1: I do agree with what they're saying because when I'm when I'm watching it, I'm like, this is the movie everybody like like, like what just white people want to steal some shit and and all this other shit Like I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: And I knew there was a twist, so you know, you're kind of watching it, but after a while you'll be like.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think I see what's going on.
Speaker 1: You know, So I really wish I didn't kind of because y'all are y'all already kind of said that there was a twist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, how would you still know that though? Right?
Speaker 1: Because he's did you guess there's a couple of things that that allowed me to do some clues. One there's a rapper that goes by the name Verbal Kent, and I'm like, why would you pick the name Verbal Kent the rappers?
Speaker 2: You know, why would he pick that name?
Speaker 1: And then you guys said that there's a twist in the movie that when we did it, so I've heard the name for you're too smart. That's why I'll be like watch trailers and ship because I feel like, if I see the game, yeah, if I if I would have had the same experience watching the first time, like y'all, you know, I seriously I would have would have done that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were kind of indirectly spoiled. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you know, yeah, you know it's a twist. And somebody said verbal can't.
Speaker 3: Like, even if I watched that movie and someone said, oh, but there's a twist at the end, I don't think I would have ever guessed that it's verbal can't. I would have thought it was the retired cop guy, which is what they tried to lean too and they switched again. But I would have believed that it.
Speaker 2: Was the cop.
Speaker 3: I never I never would have thought that he wasn't actually disabled. The first time I watched me that fucked me? Is he walking directly?
Speaker 1: I remember the first I'm watching it, and then the slow like walk and then he continued like he starts right up. I'm like, oh crazy, Mine, absolutely blown. But I agree with you too. Once you watch it once or twice, it's like I don't really have to. It's like the sixth sense. The only movie that has a major twist that I could watch like that is Gone Girl, Gone Girl, Like it works every time, Like I didn't know that she did it.
Speaker 2: It's just that good of a movie. I'm just playing, So let's get into it.
Speaker 1: The movie opens up being narrated by verbok Uh, do you guys think that we gained that trust for him as a storyteller? That's why I was so surprising, as like, as a narrator, since he was telling the story, did that work for you?
Speaker 2: What I kept thinking about is Mike.
Speaker 1: How Mike said, you can't believe the narrator because it's just from their perspective.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh shit, I was gonna ask you that's where you got this from. No, there's plenty of movies.
Speaker 3: The unreliable narrator thing that was when we were talking about No Country frold men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's what I'm saying. Yeah, that's what it was. But I thought, that's why you said that because of this movie. Because of this movie.
Speaker 3: No, I think, of course, now that I'm on the spot, I can't think of another one. But there are a lot of films that are like that, where you have the story through the eyes of a certain person. By the end, you're like, wait, none of that was true. I can't like Memento.
Speaker 2: I hadn't seen Momento in a minute, and I want to go back and watch. Yeah, I just rewatched.
Speaker 1: That's when they do it on the House of Dragon, Like their perspective is being told. It's not being told from the tiger Arians. It's being told from like the people that keep the house and all of that stuff. So if you think you if you think of House of Dragon's, it's another unreliable narrator store. So first scene opens up, No, No, I was I was gonna say something totally unrelated, and I'm like, I wasn't gonna say. Momento popped up right after just watching this movie. Why that's why I watched it. I was all right, I'm gonna working and I always wanted to go back and watch that one.
Speaker 2: It's so good, man, it still works. That's why I said, don't even tell me, because I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: So it opens up on the ship and in the ship there's devastated by flames. You get Dean Keaton being shot by a shadowy figure, uh some of Kaja Sauce's handiwork, and then verbal Kent it's severely burned and he survives as a carnage. What you guys think about that opening scene, ken, No, I thought, in terms of like setting up this like sort of crime drama or whatever I thought it was, it was really good. Like you established that something happened, you know. Uh, there was a betrayal, you know, appearance on the betrayal where they went on this this whole thing. So I thought it was a good opening scene because you're just wondering, like, how do we get to where.
Speaker 2: We opened, you know anything jump out about to open.
Speaker 3: To you the opening Yeah, No, I thought that was pretty standard. I mean, as insulting as this might sounds, I think this movie really does just hinge.
Speaker 1: On the fact that there's a twist. Yeah, the rest of the movie, it's like Okay, it's a it's a decent movie with a great ending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, a perfect way. Yeah you know, yeah, yeah, write anything about the opening scene.
Speaker 1: Nothing, just that you noticed that, you know, they weren't trying to show the person that committed the crime basically, or that shot him or whatnot. So I was like, okay, Like I said, it was hard to kind of put my put my mind back into like the original state when I first watched it. So yeah, So we learned about what happened on the ship from verbal being uh interrogated by US Customs agent Dave ku Kuwan. He goes to a series of flashbacks to tell the story of what happened. Any clues anything that I know we kind of talked about a little bit, But was there anything Looking back at it the second time, they could have tipped you off or tipped us off the first time around.
Speaker 3: I remember watching it the second time because I was like, after watching the first time, I was like, wait, what huh that doesn't make any sense. But when I watched it the second time, I just walked away being like, every single thing in this movie is a lie.
Speaker 2: So every I don't know if there was interrogated all way.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't think he was telling the truth about anything. I don't know that he was actually even in the lineup. I don't know if he was actually ever at any of these robberies. At this point, he is such an unreliable narrator. I don't believe anything he says. And that's partly why I don't really give a fuck about the movie anymore, because it's just like, well, if everything's a lie, then what do I care to watch it again?
Speaker 2: And I also don't even know if he's really kiss that's interesting. I don't know. That is a really interesting point. Now. I'm with Mike though.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what made it so hard to watch, because they like said they revealed that at the end, like how he was just using shit he was seeing on the walls, seeing on fucking cups, Like like, wait, none of this shit is like real, like the Red the Red Hood or some shit like that wasn't even a real person. So when you're showing the flashbacks, it's like, did these situations actually happen or he just made.
Speaker 2: All of this ship up?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: That's interesting? Can you think the same?
Speaker 1: I think watching it knowing that he made it up could be actually a dope way. I don't disagree with what they're saying, you know, but you know, knowing what you know and then watching it, but like, damn man, at this point he lying about this whole shit and he's just making this up in his head. It's kind of like when I watched The Dark Night, I'm like, bro, he planned all this shit out, Like every single.
Speaker 2: Point that everything's being has happened, he pre planned out.
Speaker 1: So for me, it led to the genius of the Joker, and this particularness is like, Yo, this is crazy that he's actually thinking of this ship in real fucking time if that's what's happening and just making.
Speaker 2: All this shit up. Do Yeah, I agree with one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think it's insane and it's hard to look at again once you know that he's making everything up. Similar I keep comparing it to the sixth Sense, Like once you see it and you know he did, it's like so painfully obvious that the movie not good anymore. Like you see six Cents for the third time, you're like, why did they get me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it was just crazy.
Speaker 1: So same thing with this, You're like, okay, gotcha, all right? So we see how the lineups, or we see how the crew is put together. Six weeks ago, five criminals they were in the lineup together, and they start planning for a heist or so they say to your point, like Kevin Spacey said, Uh, did you guys, despite the tension that they had, did y'all think that the plan was gonna work? Did it sound like a good plan? Any thoughts about the plan that they were putting together?
Speaker 2: Nothing? I don't even remember the exact plan the plan of robbers boat. Let's when they put the plan together. About the final plan yeap yo, I mean, yeah, it was fine. I guess it's gonna be hard.
Speaker 1: Moved a review because, like I said, that's what I was thinking when as I was watching it. I'm like, it's gonna be hard to talk about this. There really is nothing there but the end. Everything else is just him telling a fake story. Well, I can't remember like the details of the plant because because then they do something before them, because all of.
Speaker 2: Them were they were all least line up. They were all criminals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they they were all round up for a lineup for a lineup? What but why like something somebody robbed something like why them. Did ka set all that up? I thought they just paid people for Yeah, but was this whole this whole so the thing I was asking like, was this a whole elaborate ruse to get these specific individuals, you know, to do this? Like did he pay somebody in the police department to go target the four of them and in order to trick them into doing the boat robbery?
Speaker 2: Later? So did Kevin Spacey's character?
Speaker 1: Did Kevin Spacey set this whole thing up way in the beginning because they all had a connection to Kaisa.
Speaker 2: Which he revealed later, right, right, how so?
Speaker 1: But again, we don't know if this story is true in the movie. That's the problem happenstance. But we do know they all were on the boat. We don't know because everybody was burned up, right, that's right. Yeah, they all were burnt up.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah they were.
Speaker 3: The burnt up guy said that though, Yeah, on the boat, that's right, the burnt up guy that could still talk.
Speaker 2: He said, all their names.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's in all their names, but he kind of implied that at least the final part happened.
Speaker 1: Is everything before that, Yeah, everything in the middle is where like yeah, you be your ah or whatever his name is. All that ship like when they rolled up on the cops and because what was that mission when they they.
Speaker 2: Would rupt cops in a taxi scam job. So they were robbing corrupt talking man, yeah, talking kid.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because like they short at the end, he was just making up this ship as he went, yeah, do y'all think, dude that they jump into the end little but y'all think he figured it out the detective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he figured out at the end, he was like, this is mock. Just played me. He did say that, remember me dropped and then we saw something else in the coffee cup that he made up. Okay, So so the taxi scam that ship was was bro He made that ship up too.
Speaker 1: I remember the taxi went robbing the corrupt cops. They were robbing corrupt cops in the taxi scam. They putting it to set the ship on fire. Yeah, why don't I.
Speaker 2: Remember that part?
Speaker 1: Because then there was the van in front of him and then I think Kevin Spacey one of them were in the in the in the in the masks and.
Speaker 2: They but okay, I remember that they had to shoot the guy because Yeah, no, not that's different. That's a different one. That was a jewelry heist. Yeah, that was different. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was a cop so they had they basically had the barricade barricaded in like they had a cornered and they couldn't get out. And then they just basically uh, he was like, oh, you're gonna You're gonna regret this, you know what I'm doing on him and they poured all the stuff on the on the cop hers that bitch on fire and they just got a car. It wasn't even harm it was just on the ground, yep. Because it was somebody in the end. Because he was like, would this get me to Staten Island where he was going. He was like, man, let's get you do whatever he said, and they robbed the taxi scam. But they all working together, right, yes, according to him him, and then they decided to do the taxi scam. So I guess after so we said, like after the lineup, they decided to partner together.
Speaker 2: To rob a little networking uh crime network.
Speaker 1: According to verbal Camp, and that's how they all ended up working together. And they were just committing these sets of robberies throughout this old thing. And then from there, Calbashi delivered envelopes to the ordering them.
Speaker 2: What's his name is that, right, Kyobashi? Kobashi? Uh. He delivers the envelopes, ordered them to work for the shadowy. Kayja.
Speaker 1: So say, did y'all pep that the envelopes are delivered in the same order that the suspects die.
Speaker 2: I did the same order that they died, and they delivered the envelopes. That's that's yeah. So even then le play into right, that was gonna at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, and and the lawyer just made this guy is completely made up, you know. So he went and he went in okay, yeah, but this is when when they rounded all of them up right at this point, yeah, to work for ka.
Speaker 2: Right, that's when he was rounding them up and passing out the envelope getting them on the boat. But he asked them to do the Was this the jury heightst? No, this was the boat what you're talking about when he gave out the envelopes.
Speaker 1: Now remember, okay, so remember there was another heightst that they did together. I remember they ended up.
Speaker 2: Shooting everybody because that was what your heights.
Speaker 1: No, there were two heights. Then there were two things. Are those connected? Remember the cop car right when he set it on fire.
Speaker 2: And then there was the garage scene, right.
Speaker 1: Remember I do remember, and there was a guy they shot they because remember they were struggle.
Speaker 2: They were wrestling with one of the guys and he had the two guns, and that was that was part of the heist, right right? Oh, all that was connected. I thought that was. It's described in this call it it's part of the heist.
Speaker 3: That's why I thought also that this was all bullshit because I was like, this was the only part that was so unrealistic, Like.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, he's lying, this didn't happen, like trick shots. Get out of here. But I thought this was what put them on the radar of Kaiso Sosa, I think it was.
Speaker 1: And then he passed out the letters to them according to again the Unreliable Nerror, so maybe they didn't even even happen. But then from the Jerry Heights they get the letters in the order of their death. From there they get on the boat, they got their final mission ownership. Chaos ensued as far as them going through the whole thing, and we see them die one by one and wonder who did it?
Speaker 2: And you hear him telling the story and yeah, what y'all think about that? About the whole time on the boat, this was anticlimactic to me.
Speaker 1: It was it's a hard watch now and reviewing it, like, I was worried the whole time. I was like, what we're gonna talk about about this move? Because it's the ending. It's just the ending.
Speaker 3: It was more so because they The only one that I think went out in kind of a cool way was the dude I can't remember his name, but he was the dude that was looking over the money and then all of a sudden, you just see a shot pop off. That was actually a cool death, but everybody else is kind of just died, And I was like, well, that's really kind of weak.
Speaker 1: It kind of speaks to your point him being so vague. They probably may have died a different way, but he was so vaguaby because he maybe didn't know or or uh this.
Speaker 2: Was actually verbal Kent killing all of them one by one. Well that's that's what it seems like. But it was just boring deaths, like random, like there's ninety.
Speaker 3: Five but yeah, and then like Buddy comes out and he's like stabbed in the neck and it's like.
Speaker 2: Wait, huh.
Speaker 1: But looking at it from from the less of like, uh, the I think it was the one guy that was always cussing people out, the one that didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: I guess he said, like we was looking over the money. He got shot from behind and then he turned around. That's the one I thought was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the look on his face was like, oh shit, is you? And then he did? And then uh, who's after that? The one that had the assault rifle on the roof the sniper?
Speaker 2: How did he die? Did? I want to say, somebody walked up behind him? I don't remember. You're talking about Benicio Delto's character. I guess so not. Oh so the big the that's the one that was missing, the one that nobody could understand. Benicio. I don't remember how he died. I don't remember how he died.
Speaker 1: I think he was so when Kaiser was trying to make them do the mission, he was the one that was like hell Na, So he left, but they went and hunted him down and killed him. That was the one that they buried on the beach in the water, and they were like, oh, they're going to be able to smell that Oh that was that, I think so right. Oh, he was the only one that was missing, so they killed him off, y'all. I can't remember how he died, and remember how Keaton died, because remember he said, what time is it? It's twelve thirty and then he killed him. I didn't know the significance of that because that was at the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's a shame because rewatching this, I I can tell you honestly that I was not paying as close attention as I should because I was like, well, I already know the story, so I don't really care that much.
Speaker 2: I was like fucking around on line while I was watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is one of the things with this movie because like, there's nothing really captivating about again.
Speaker 2: The he said what.
Speaker 1: It would have been worse than this, absolutely, so let's let's let's let's let's take.
Speaker 2: It from this perspective.
Speaker 1: Then this movie is is looked at us like, I don't want to say one of the ones, but that's one of the almost like a classic, right it is still even though we have as a class, even though we have a hard time talking about it. I think it doesn't take away from from what the impact the impact it has. Yeah, yeah, it's just that it's it's a hard rewatch.
Speaker 2: That's that's all it is.
Speaker 1: And to have a conversation about, because it's not much to like other than like you speaking to its classic place in history, like the story just isn't great.
Speaker 2: It's just oh wow, that happened. People love this movie. This is this is a movie that.
Speaker 1: Since six million dollar budget, it comes up a lot in conversations, like you know, over.
Speaker 2: Over the over the years, you know, and it was almost like if if you're like me, like if you ain't seen this movie, then you've just been missing out. Y'all think that's the case. Yeah, I think this is a mussy.
Speaker 1: It is people that enjoy movies in films well, and I think Kevin's basically one best supporting actor when Oscar so I do think it stands in that place. But again, you put it in the category with like a sixth sense and movies where it's like, well I know what's gonna happen and everything else and it ain't great.
Speaker 2: See even like No Country for Old.
Speaker 3: Men, you know the ending, but go back again and just watch how it breaks down over and over this. Outside of there being a twist, it's really not that interesting of a movie. The most interesting thing I found was the fact that one Carlo looked more like he was a black man.
Speaker 2: Back when bro that ship, I was like, who was it? I was like, who was that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: He looks so young, he did look and black. Yeah, black is.
Speaker 3: Now it looks black in something else. But back then you could tell me that motherfucker was just regular as black born in Chicago.
Speaker 2: I'm not the same thing. When he was in the right thing and uh, school days, right, I thought he was school days. Let me ask you all, this is this one of the greatest movies ever made. It's on the list, on the list it should be.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's that's I feel like people put it in that Buck carries it.
Speaker 2: That's like that. It's that's not a knot, though, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you can't, I feel like, if you can't consistently rewatch the movie and it's not great like I could, I don't know, Like, what's a great movie that you can't rewatch again?
Speaker 2: I can't think of any like any I feel like any great movie watch I'm the I'm the worst person to ask, because I don't really like watching movies like that. I love to rewatch movies, but I can't think of a single one where I was like, God, that was amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm never watching it again, you know what I'm saying. Like, I can think of a good movie, like Fruvel Station was a good movie, but I've never watched it. In fact, I'll never and that's just because of how it makes you feel, in the sense of, yeah, it's way too heavy to like watch consistently.
Speaker 2: Ship I can watch the dialogue is just too good for me. Not I've wanted to watch it again, but.
Speaker 1: I just the way it made me, the way it made me feel like, I want to rewatch it too, but I just I just hated how.
Speaker 2: It made me feel. It's very heavy. It's very heavy. I watched it. Yeah, yeah, put it on your list. It's really good.
Speaker 1: I think, like all the great movies, like I think, I feel like Sean shank Redemption is a great movie.
Speaker 2: I watched it anytime. You wouldn't watch it again? Really, yeah, I've seen it. I've seen it enough. I don't ever need to see that movie again. But it is good.
Speaker 3: It's different than this because that movie again, it has such great dialogue and there's other things outside of the twel Okay, I think I said the relationship between him and Morgan Freeman, and there's just all of these, like all this commentary on jail, on morality, So that's different.
Speaker 2: This I don't get all. I think I see what you guys. So so the kind of what you said earlier, there's there's some some sort of depth missing. It's very parts of the movie.
Speaker 1: It's because like once once it's revealed that it's all made up, because I'm reading right here because I wanted to read it, like uh, the detective basically realizes that verbal fabricated his entire STU improvise it on the spot by piecing together details from the random items in his office clutter his cluttered office. So it's like on the spot he came up with this whole story based off these different because even the man he said it was like a big black woman on the He even made that ship up.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 2: But I'm just using it as like it's in the movie. It's in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it's like he made all that ship up, and it's like I want you know that it's hard to rewatch.
Speaker 3: It because the story he made up wasn't that cool. Really, wasn't that cool of a story that he made up. It's just wild that he made it up.
Speaker 2: On the spot. On the spot. Yeah, and the crazy part is detective like, I'm smarter than you.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm glad you brought that up, because that was one of the only interesting aspects of the film to me, was the reason we look at him as like, oh, we can't do it is because he's handicapped, and because they think he's but because he's handicapped. So I think that was an actual interesting commentary on underestimating people impressions or disabilities or whatever.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: But outside of that, it's just like, all right, this is just a movie out brow.
Speaker 2: When he ran outside, he was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I loved it. Was there anything that stood out to y'all like he should have caught that from the perspective?
Speaker 3: No, I mean they they they did catch multiple times that he was getting his story fucked up.
Speaker 1: But I think that that's audio point. You just made that credit in him because he was stupid, That's why.
Speaker 3: But now when you watch it back a second time, you're like, oh no, he's fucking the story up because he's making it up on the spot.
Speaker 2: And then he made the detective make it seem like he figured it out and ship and he was my friend and yeah it was good man. I was like, damn fucking cops that put he's seal. He's how do you shoot the devil in the back with the hand like this? And he to fix I watched the video he did that. I wasn't making fun of hed and then he had to like fix it or some ship, haven't YEH been stuck like that for so long. The greatest trick is devil devils there right there. Talk to him and see part of me.
Speaker 3: That's why part of me thinks that he's still lying and that he's not actually kinder.
Speaker 2: So what's his face?
Speaker 3: The other guy, the guy that was supposed to be like the guy I kind of think that he might actually be kind of so say because it's like, wait a minute, like Kevin space doesn't seemed that old, but this story seems to be old right over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of him killing his own family because he will.
Speaker 3: I would get that more from that other dude than Kevin Spacey's part. But I mean, that's not a big deal. I mean, if he is supposed to be him, and it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, and that goes to the unreliable narrative and what we've seen him do in the interrogation room. It may be a story the dude told.
Speaker 3: Him and he just relayed like yeah, or he may have yeah, he may have just been like, this is what you have to do if you get caught, because you're not going to give me up because.
Speaker 2: I'll kill you and all of the people.
Speaker 1: Because they showed him lighting the lighter, gave him that, but why would they show that he still had that lighter and he was the one that showed like killed him in the beginning. The reason I think I started thinking this is because when you watch it, that doesn't look like him at the beginning.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 3: So even if he's telling the story, we're supposed to be viewing this, I guess from his storyline perspective or.
Speaker 1: Whatever, but he's not telling it at that point. That was a real look into what happened earlier on and it doesn't look like him.
Speaker 2: What do you mean exactly?
Speaker 3: So if you watch it again, the guy that's Kaiser so said that is shooting buddy's name Keaton, and you look at Kais are so say, it looks nothing like Kevin Spacey.
Speaker 2: It looks like it could be.
Speaker 3: It's like a taller guy with a much thinner I thought it was the lawyer guy that's that's yeah, yeah, I know, I know that's what I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I still think it might have been him. Is that I'm telling you now, Kaiser, he was terrified that guy that showed up. It was like relaying. I think.
Speaker 1: Question, is there a famous line from this movie? It's the Double One. I think that's not where it came from, is it.
Speaker 2: I always thought it was in the Bible, but I don't think it is. I thought it was in the Bible too, or maybe it is in the Bible. In the Bible, Damn, that'd be crazy if it came from this movie. Brought that? Yeah, okay, all right, well you got anything else? But it has it sounds like it's from the Bible. Though it does sound like it's from the Bible. Let's see. Nope, it's from this movie. You know that f who originally said it's in the Usual Suspects. I guess it was. Damn.
Speaker 1: It's a famous quote often attributed to the French poet Charles I'm wrong, Charles boudellor b a U. D.
Speaker 2: Boudelaire. Yeah, it sounded like he was quoting it from somebody else too. It has the sentiment for dates Baudelaire. So he was so yeah, wow, but I don't think I don't take it.
Speaker 1: He was around when that lady was up in the uh what's the name Bowser on the bicla when she was helping Free in the Civil Wars Bike eighteen sixty four. Bro, anyway, now I don't have anything else. I don't have anything else watching it now, you know I'm with you, guys. I'm like, okay, I do think you know. The ending is crazy. I get the sentiment about it, but yeah, when I was watching, I was like, bro, what is the fucking hype for this movie? And it really just is then, but.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine when it was like watching this in nineteen ninety five and that shit happened.
Speaker 2: He was like, what, right from a movie going experience in ninety five? Old ship? I like, I remember like buying a DVD it is a must have, and telling people about it. You got the dvd I had it. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely about it about the DVD when it came out, so we used to go use browsing for DVDs.
Speaker 2: Like, you don't think it's a muscle own movie? Mm hmm, nah, damn, you don't think just in your collection, Like would you show this to your your boys kids like this? They wanted to see this ship, bro, they need to watch the Dark Knight watch that ship. Anything else in this movie? Nah? Nah. It's definitely a classic. It's an amazing film. It's just not a good not a good rewatch, right, what about you?
Speaker 1: Same Sentiment's definitely a classic, just one of the best plots twists in cinema, but just not a good rewatch yep, I think I have the same sentiment as you, guys. Classic film, great performance by Kevin Spacey, but just not a great rewatch. Once the trick is out of the bag, it's kind of like a one trick pony film. But other than that, man, if you haven't seen it, go see it. Go check out the usual suspects. Don't don't believe you see when you watch this right exactly? The whole thing is a lot. But yeah, this has been the frames per second podcast anniversary episode for the Usual Suspects and we are out Piece