Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the Frames per Second Podcast. This episode, we will be discussing X Men ninety seven, continuing our weekly reviews and recaps. In this episode will be episode five correct Episode five.
Speaker 3: And with me I have Spike Blue though Mike c Town it is much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, call you munch now you can wow.
Speaker 2: You know what a munch is? What much on pussy? Okay, so that's not a big it's not a bad thing. You said bike se time you say this much now you want us to call you?
Speaker 4: But anyway, modest media and ken all and you hear my voice is doc and we're gonna get right into it.
Speaker 2: So again, I didn't listen to the episode last week. So y'all, y'all still everybody here, everybody is still good.
Speaker 4: I really enjoyed the last one, okay for sure, for so inspat the last episode was good. Okay, so hold on again, I didn't I don't know these characters, Like if I'm looking at x ME, I don't know what x foce is and I don't know none of this it's other than table tooth that was there, Like I just didn't know none of these people so I'm like, what are they huh?
Speaker 1: I mean, of course.
Speaker 4: I didn't know he had a squad and they went the song capers like I even I even look at the little breakdown after you didn't understand. I don't know these people as old as hell?
Speaker 3: So what did you think of it?
Speaker 4: I was kind of with him at first. I don't know, like, I guess the last one was so good to me that this one felt a little short. But like all these episodes, man, after I sit with them for a while, I really like them or whatever, and I think I'm near with it now, like like after just kind of sitting with it.
Speaker 1: But at first, yeah, I was like, dang, this ain't this ain't good last.
Speaker 4: One, But I'm sure it's gonna tie into everything and I'm just waiting on that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: Fortunately I am familiar with the characters that Spike do not know. But overall, I really enjoyed this one. There was a horror element to it that they added that I liked as well, So yeah, no, I I was with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of that, when I saw this one, I was like, damn, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 5: Let don't watch this one.
Speaker 4: It's not that bad, right, laying up dead, bloodywhere I'm like, what the fun?
Speaker 1: This is not a cartoon like for real.
Speaker 3: With the No, it's not discussed.
Speaker 1: He was sweating.
Speaker 2: With the horror aspect. You with it this episode, even without the horror aspect of it. No, this ship was hard as hell. Yeah, this is I feel bad liking it though, because I know the constant complain as people, Oh, we just want to see Wolverine.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of that guy.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of that guy.
Speaker 2: You give me an episode of Wolverine, I'm happy, and I already know most of this story. I don't know unlike Ken, I don't know all those characters. Like the motherfucker that died in five minutes, I don't. I don't know him.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But no, man, this was great. This was super great. M It was cool.
Speaker 2: You tripping, bro, You tripping like a motherfucker man tripping.
Speaker 4: I'm sucking with Mike. It was yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when it first came on, I wasn't I had to turn it off because I was in the right hand space to watch it.
Speaker 4: That's why I said it was cool. I was as was high. Actually I was drunk. Oh, that's worse.
Speaker 2: I was drunk and I was like, yeah, this ain't holding me here. So yeah, I went back to it and I was like, yeah, I'm glad, I'm sober. Yeah, because this ship was good. This ship was good.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, Ken, you know more about these characters than me, so I'm gonna be leaning on you for some of this. All right, But uh, in the in the recap, did y'all see this post credit before? In the recap where where he's basically talking about yeah, because I didn't see it in my home.
Speaker 3: I'm I was like, home, I ain't seen that before. He was talking too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't see when Cap gave him the file, the weapon X file. Sois all know why they put it as a post credits and they haven't been doing that for these shows, but they do it sometimes.
Speaker 4: It's very like, That's why I always wait, because sometimes they will. I usually, well, is this the first time they've done in this show? They've done before?
Speaker 2: Because sometimes it goes automatically with the Disney plus the next episode, give me a suggestion to watch X Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from what I remember, it's like really random when they do it.
Speaker 4: They did it with all of them really for the most part, even with the other some of the other Disney shows.
Speaker 1: No, I just meant. I'm just saying I think they do it with all of gotch.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna ask you spot even though I know you don't know the answer.
Speaker 5: You get a laugh.
Speaker 2: Do you know why they used Cap to be the person to give him the Weapon X files? No, what's the correlation anybody else?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: I know you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think I know.
Speaker 2: Wasn't he inspiration for what the Weapon X program? He's basically it's basically I was like the Weapons plus programming. He's weapon number one, like this is super and it was something like that. So yeah, he's head for the DVDs at the end, he wasn't on.
Speaker 1: Them though, he wasn't on them.
Speaker 2: But you saw one name that I will bring up that's some correlation to him. So that's why they use Kap as that because in the comics he's Weapon number one basically from the program. So, but the episode opens up with a group of mutants who include Maverick, Saber tooth h and Garrison Kane.
Speaker 3: You didn't you knew all of them?
Speaker 5: I did when I saw them. I was trying to remember if they actually all worked together as a team.
Speaker 1: Uh but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I recognized the costumes. I saw them more in X Force than ins Man.
Speaker 3: But but yeah, oh when I was a Lady Death, Yeah that's right, Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: Of course, favor to him was going to be there.
Speaker 6: But yeah, and then Kane and Striker and then Morphed tag along as Yeah, so you didn't know any of these because we are interested in getting to know some new mutants in this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with with most of him. I think I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Mavericking, the Kinge guy. I didn't know those two. But everybody else I pretty much seen somewhere before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only didn't know Kane. I knew everybody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I think he's able to shoot his arms.
Speaker 1: He shot his arms.
Speaker 5: He can shoot his arms off. They kind of detached and punch, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 3: I knew something's gonna happen to him. The way he was talking, Yep, he was too good. He was like he's doing too much, and.
Speaker 5: I was like, bam, bam, he want some morety, like real, like that's not how he acts from what I can remember, I'm like, that's not King. King was more serious. But I thought I used to think that Pool was serious. So I thought something may have changed over the years when I dropped off, because that Pool, that Pool talked a lot, but he wasn't goofy, and they they changed that until as the season as a serious progress.
Speaker 2: Well, move has brought everyone along on this trip to find the scientists who have experimented on all of them. But that's not his complete motive. So did you all know what he really wanted based on the episodes beforehand.
Speaker 3: I mean it's pretty obvious. Yeah, I mean, so it was a messed up that he wasn't really telling everybody what was going on, No, because he don't really fuck with them. From my understanding, more.
Speaker 1: Well more probably knew.
Speaker 3: I think that's why Morph was upset. He said something later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well they yeah, I figured, well, I know, I didn't have no problem with him not telling him because his dogs, saber Tooth, always do it with something else.
Speaker 5: We're still fucked up, though.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know how fucked up it is. He didn't make him come ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he let them down the false pretenses.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: Have no problem lying to my enemy, right, I don't know y'all.
Speaker 2: Morph got a big ass fucking mouth, and Morph played too fucking much, So I'm not telling more ship.
Speaker 5: But he does well yeah, yeah, he know he knew Morph, so he's allowed to morph.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up. No, I ain't.
Speaker 3: Morph talks too fucking much.
Speaker 2: If I got a secret, I'm not telling the one motherfucker that always runs runs his mouth.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 2: You all got a friend that's like that. We have a friend that's like that. We're not telling that person because they're gonna get on camera and say something.
Speaker 5: In line about Yeah, I just want to go back, go back here and get my ship back.
Speaker 2: Because I always told me omitting the truth is lying. Who says that women have always told me? A more fine woman?
Speaker 1: What do you call it?
Speaker 4: I forget the term non non bindary.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not telling more Ship and I and I didn't make moreph come. Morph wanted to come and stop. Y'all need to grow up.
Speaker 1: You grow up.
Speaker 4: That's not what I'm letting you know it.
Speaker 2: You're nasty. You're nasty, and that's why Kim farted on your phone earlier. Well, I think it's messed up, and I get why more. When I went back and watched like the some of the first season of the original series, Wolverene was going like he was really he fought Cyclops because he wouldn't go back for more, for more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like he really fun with him. So it was like you the homie like, I don't know, I think you should.
Speaker 1: I think you think they.
Speaker 4: Would have did and differently, if he had total, they wouldn't have win, would have gone the rest of them.
Speaker 5: No, I think so, I think saber Tooth would have win for what if he was.
Speaker 3: Like, yo, I want to go back here and get my adamanium. Why would Saba?
Speaker 2: Yes, saber too Will probably like eventually betrayed him because he wants he's mad that he doesn't have an nythemy wait.
Speaker 3: I thought saber Tooth did have adamanium. He doesn't.
Speaker 1: He never did.
Speaker 3: He probably did sometime in the cun but I know he doesn't.
Speaker 2: I thought he had animalium in his clause. I thought him having the healing factor and the never.
Speaker 3: Mind, I don't know where I got that from.
Speaker 2: Well, saber Tooth asked more of why did he come along on the trip, but he's unresponsible about it. So did this continue to give us clarity on the questions that we had about more from last season about how he feels about Wolverine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's in love with him.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. I don't think I realized that.
Speaker 3: That last season.
Speaker 4: Y'all just blocked it out like trauma.
Speaker 1: When he was done, I heard it, I just blocked it out, like I do remember y'all saying that. What did I say? I remember, I remember that.
Speaker 3: I just believe because Wolverine are talking about Wolverine.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it's always doing this little claw like that with Morphine around, coming and clawing.
Speaker 1: All day, just letting you know.
Speaker 3: And when he was dying and he turned into Jean Gray, remember he said, I love you.
Speaker 5: I think they've reach shouldering the In the uh opening credits of the preview or Rica.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, man, y'all making sure use it again.
Speaker 2: Well, the group is then hit by a flock of birds, which leads to crash landing, and in the process, Cane is killed, and then they are attacked by uh these enhanced animals.
Speaker 1: Isn't that called a murder? It's like a bunch of birds.
Speaker 3: That's called a murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was in your window.
Speaker 3: M Oh, I didn't, but yeah, maybe maybe it's called.
Speaker 1: A murder when like it happens to plane sometimes like in real life.
Speaker 3: It's a fun fact for your ass. So who's the birds of the murder?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to so you know how you call a group of birds a flock, a group of birds that do this, From what I understand, it's called a murder.
Speaker 1: Think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty I've heard the exact same thing. So if he's wrong, I don't know where I got it from, but I'm ninety percent sure he's right.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 5: I was glad that killed came, but I was surprised they took him off the board. He didn't even make it on the ground. He made it on the ground. I was like, yo, rip, he's out of here.
Speaker 2: It was just like that Deadpool scene in the I forgot what movie it was, where they had all those people coming out of us.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought they were referencing, but maybe not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, murder of crows, crows specifically murder.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought it was bird like birds specifically, but.
Speaker 1: They look like they were black.
Speaker 4: They looks like I don't know any other black birds, so looks up the blackbird. A group of ours was called a parliament. A group of ravens is an unkindness. For Mingos is a flamboyant. M hm, that's crazy, that's crazy. They call them flamboyant.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, at this point, Spike, when you start seeing the enhanced animals and what's going on on the ground, did you think the episode is gonna be a little bit warkier then, like the other episodes are different in a way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at this point, I'm expecting them to pick up, but they left off after Magnetos, so I'm really annoyed at this point, like what is this? What's going on? So yeah, yeah, it's not like a yeah one cohesive not me not knowing them or what they were. I mean, I had the general premise of what they was coming too.
Speaker 5: I was like, and then you got to wait a whole month to get back to the other story. They'll do a filler episode out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Or they have an issue run like a certain run with a certain writer and somebody else pick it up and it changed the whole tone of the comic book.
Speaker 1: And they come back they did. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Well this around this time, everyone begins to question Wolverine because they noticed this in the game, got his metal clause no more? Everybody looking at him crazy, and so they begin to question his intentions. But they move into the island and they're searching for these doctors. Mike, what did this remind you of?
Speaker 3: Like? Is this giving you any like hints of a of another film? It was obvious you should have asked one of them. You ain't answer, You ain't answer. What did this remind Did this remind y'all of any film?
Speaker 1: You asked the right person because I didn't, don't give y'all hand you got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard. I heard the line even before the line. But yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. But I was also familiar with the creatures as well. But the creatures reminded me of that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And they pretty much said the creatures were inspired by what you're getting to Yeah, just reviewed it.
Speaker 4: Review much aliens?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, the whole walking through looking in the in the testing tubes, and it was right out of Aliens.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, it's pretty cool. It's another film too.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, the thing, Yeah, I haven't seen it, That's why I couldn't speak to that the fucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did we review it here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It did a patreon You editor Patreon and didn't watch it. That's fucked up. Yeah, what do you say the thing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there was references to the thing, but the thing references were a bit more if you know, you know, aliens one is just outright.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, ain't saying a thing I haven't seen. I think crazy.
Speaker 2: Eventually, the team finds doctor Corneylis, who was killed when the alien burses out of him, while many others begin to appear so at this moment, Wolverine admits that he knew something strange was going on. He says that there's a familiar sin, but it's a little bit stronger than what it once was. So the questions keeps happening. Did did they have a reason to really be alert at this point with Wolverine that should they automatically have been like, Yo, this nigga on some ship.
Speaker 1: I feel like they were on. I feel like they was on that the whole time.
Speaker 4: Honestly, by no one really trusted him, you know, it never seemed like they fully trusted him in the begin Do.
Speaker 5: You think that what like, while they were on the plane or once it's all you don't have his ship.
Speaker 4: I think it was always something like I feel like saber Tooth was always onto him, and I felt like the one what's her name? I feel like she's always kind of a little skeptical too. So yeah, I think the.
Speaker 1: Only one that wasn't was is it Maverick? Yeah, he was the one that was probably the.
Speaker 4: Most trusting and morph and morph obviously, but yeah, them two definitely knew it was something the.
Speaker 3: Kind of enemies of him, right, right, exactly, but they know him the best though. That's real good, right.
Speaker 4: I don't know how they used to get down, that's crazy kind of scratching, right, but he got a healing factors they were they were together at some point at the beginning striking and she was like a Japanese woman and he was. I forgot how she became death straight. I don't remember. Is that when he went over to the It's one of the many times, God, yeah we got a movie, they got a movie about Noo, you're talking about Wolverine the movie. Yeah, this is when he went and just like doing Samurai ship, wasn't it it?
Speaker 1: Not when he met her.
Speaker 2: That wasn't magic, but he's he's thinking, he's he said magic, he's talking about the move.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the movie.
Speaker 2: He's on the movie they came out, Wolverine movie. Yes, that's inspired from the comics. Works with the hand and all that and the girl that's in it. I don't think she was death Strike, but I think she was supposed to be inspired. Unless I'm conned, that was one of the better movies too, I'm not it was pretty good because I don't I don't can't remember. I haven't seen it in years, and it's easy to combine those stories. I think he went to Japan multiple times, but there was one where he went over there and was studying to be a samurai.
Speaker 3: You're watching Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 3: I thought he's doing all right job, ain't no, Hugh. It's just too big to beat.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I'm saying. That's why it takes. It takes out of like you over there trying to you know what I'm saying. But all right, so at this moment, everybody's just like, bro, who's infected? Who did y'all think in this moment? Was probably infected? If anybody spike table to table to who you had, Mike.
Speaker 4: I didn't think anybody was infected yet, neither did I what about you? Right, I'm with Spike. I did think it was probably sable tooth. I can't remember why. It's something he said. It was something he said, and I thought it was him. I didn't think of him because he was always skeptical of everything, right, But I thought that was like a trick, trick.
Speaker 5: That's why I thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with y'all, I thought I thought the same thing trying to throw us off disable tooth.
Speaker 3: M mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: That was another thing referenced.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because in the thing that you don't remember or you never saw it. But then the thing, they're constantly trying to figure out who is infected. And this isn't a spoiler, but the only way to do it is to pull blood. So the whole like them like being like, oh, I think it's you. No, I think it's you know, I think it's you that was pulled right from the story. Yeah, it's actually pretty cool that they did this. We both got this thing.
Speaker 1: O bro.
Speaker 5: Neither.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I heard he is a horror show himself. Nasty bastard.
Speaker 2: The group decides to divide up and spread out, and this gives Lady death Strike the chance to talk to the North, where he learns the story about Tumo. Did Morph need to hear this story to open his eyes or was he just being a good friend of wom Marine Ken?
Speaker 1: It was a good story.
Speaker 5: I liked it because it really set the stage for Morph and what he needs to be kind of aware of. So I don't think I was familiar with that story unless they made it up. So I thought it was an interesting story, and it really looked like it was Morph's story. It was like, bro, you to like open your eyes or this will be you.
Speaker 1: So I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 5: I think it really added to the episode because more of always running behind Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Rod. But what's the question?
Speaker 3: Did he need to hear his story in order to open his eyes.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe open his eyes to Wolverine?
Speaker 2: What their friendship is like that Wolverine isn't to be trusted, or their friendship is not what he thinks it like, well it's not what it's gonna be.
Speaker 4: I think they're friends for real. I think they're friends for real. I don't I don't, I don't. I don't think she needs to tell tell him to watch his back and all that.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 4: I think I think Wolverine truly cares for him. It's just, you know, he had his own motives here.
Speaker 3: You agree, Mike with which part.
Speaker 2: That they're real good friends, that he's doing right, he was doing right by Wolverine, He's doing right by Wolverine. Wolverine's not doing right by him.
Speaker 1: Really, No, no, no, even given like what he you know, wanted to save him before.
Speaker 2: I think that was a long ass time ago. But I think he was just clouded by his own mission exactly. That makes him a bad friend.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I'm still saying I wouldn't have told more shit neither, but that still makes me a bad friend, like you bringing along the big mouth motherfucker. You don't really need moreph there. It's not like you really needed him to be a part of this mission. I'm not even sure why Morph came. More should just stayed their ass at home, But I do I do think she needed to tell him this story. I don't think it did any fucking good because he didn't listen. They didn't listen. Morph don't listen to shit. So I think what they're setting up is that eventually this is gonna really put morph in a bad place. Either it's gonna get him killed or it's gonna get him fuck up, it's gonna get him captured something him always falling Wolverine around and just doing all this shit for Wolverine.
Speaker 3: It's not necessary. Wolverine can take care of himself. Mm hmm. Well, I mean, I think Morphus is a dumb ass. I'm pretty much there.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, it's not a thing dog like, I get it. You want to be like I understand, there is a debt in a way because you want to like be close to him because he stood up for you and you use that your worst. But at some point you gotta be like, fuck all that, bro, Like I did my part, like you still gotta still gotta be some.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But he ultimately was was right. It wasn't like.
Speaker 4: Wolverine wasn't still in there and he didn't want to lead them out of there safely. I think he absolutely did, and he did for the most part outside of the ones that did die. But yeah, I think he was right about him. I don't think he was wrong about Wolverine, but.
Speaker 2: I think Wolverine was very selfish in this and putting it about his life at risk, Like, as your friend, even though I have my own motives, I still care about your well being.
Speaker 3: And Wolverine really didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: He was like, I gotta go get what I need and we're gonna keep pushing forward, as compared to, yeah, there's a lot of shit going on down here and we need to get the fuck up out of here.
Speaker 5: So to Jalen's point, everybody there were enemies associates Woiverine that he really didn't care about, so they were just paused. Morph was the one exception there, so he could have told him just stay behind.
Speaker 1: We got it. Yep.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of ways to get a handled it better as a friend, but he was just too selfish of what he needed in that moment.
Speaker 1: I hope this is a quick question.
Speaker 4: Why why is Wolverine trying to get the Animadium back when I thought he never wanted it in the first place.
Speaker 3: He didn't want it until he got it and was used to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never asked to be tortured and all that ship, but he's had it for decades now, so at this point it's a part of him, and he feels like he can't fight as.
Speaker 1: Well with it.
Speaker 2: We saw that the first episode when you realize how much pain he was in when he was like fighting and started yelling and hear and the bones breaking.
Speaker 5: When his claws broke, that's when he was like, I gotta go get this as soon as we get home. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm going to get my ship back. Fuck this, okay, help my ship out here breaking? Yeah, looking at me looking crazy? The bones coming out of my hands?
Speaker 1: What the fuck say?
Speaker 5: We're clo what the.
Speaker 1: Hard little bones?
Speaker 2: When I show up, bron where's your pretty clothes at? You would love to have more content from frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discussed. Our patreon gives the listeners the power were to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per Second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second. So once the lights come on, we see the multiple DVDs with weapon ex participants.
Speaker 3: Did any of their names stake out to y'all?
Speaker 5: I rewinded back to look at some of the names.
Speaker 1: Was Winter Soldier on it? Yep?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there was some other ones that I thought were pretty cool. So I cannot ruin what Spider Man was on the.
Speaker 4: Right, saw him show up, saw him in the episode, but he wasn't on the on the tape on them, because that would have been the only name that I recognized, and I thought I recognized his name.
Speaker 1: It's called a.
Speaker 3: Spider Man two shut.
Speaker 2: No, there were a couple of names, but I don't remember them now. At this point, it was no one that I was like.
Speaker 4: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, cool, all right, Oh extra X fourteen, the Little Girl, Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Yeah, Yeah, that was that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That is cool.
Speaker 2: Actually that that in minisoda with only two that released, I got to me. I didn't know the rest of them. Which one was burning at the end, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, were here, bron we here?
Speaker 2: So we learned that from these tapes, well, from these DVDs that they were experimenting on through brainwashing and from the alien's blood to brewd the blood fluid, and the alien only wants to breed with the best, and we know who the best is, Like, I'm the best at what I do. But before we get there, Ken, how excited were you to see Omega red?
Speaker 5: I wasn't surprised he was gonna pop up. He wasn't was he of the last season?
Speaker 3: Reason I thought, I think has transformed into him. That's okay, that's probably.
Speaker 5: But I knew as soon as he was in that tube, I was like, he he getting about that tube?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: So I thought he was, yeah, because he because he has those spores that'd be messing with folks. So he's a formidable foul. So I was like, man, if he gets out and if he gets infected, they gonna have a fucking problem. But but nah, that was that was dope.
Speaker 1: Are you excited? Seems to might.
Speaker 4: I wasn't excited, But it was like, all right, the really, really really white newtant with the slave whips is here. But it was obvious that he was gonna he was gonna bust out of there and they were gonna be in deep ship.
Speaker 3: Oh, but something it didn't meant.
Speaker 2: Did you notice the animation on the DVDs was the old animation from the original show.
Speaker 4: Nah, I thought that was actually pretty dope.
Speaker 3: If you watch it was.
Speaker 2: Showing they're playing it. It's the old animation from the original show. I thought that was actually a really really nice touch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bo did that? Bo knows not nice touches. I mean, wow, all right, nasty bastard.
Speaker 2: Eventually, Morphing Lady death strike it's able to they find the Antimanian chain chamber, where they finally put two and two together, But at the same time they also run into Maverick, who says the line.
Speaker 5: Yep, game over.
Speaker 1: Red that a couple of times. Wait did he just say that ship? That was pretty good man? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was h yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know why when y'all said the movie, I was like, oh, yeah, because I felt that in the show.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you're right, you don't remember you didn't remember it from Dane?
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, we just reviewed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't strike me that just now when you said that that it came out of the movie.
Speaker 1: First. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Wolverine has transformed, got my boy. Goddamn yeah, they got him, man, they got him.
Speaker 2: At the same time, MorphOS finally convinced that Wolverine done sucked up, took him long enough, and Omega red is let out. So while they in deep ship, did y'all have any idea how they were go get out? Like, any idea how they was going to get through this? Did y'all put two and two together?
Speaker 5: As well? It seemed like the well, I mean, it seemed like the obvious play because he was there to get DNA, man, so it was the way to write it so he can get it to get them out of this situation using the route. But I thought it was dope, man, like when he was infected, like because I remember like reading that, so I know that his healing factor can get rid of it. It just takes a minute. So that's what I thought was going to happen. So they just decided to expedite it by using adamantium to kind of speed up the process. But seeing him actually come out and seeing that, I think that's exactly like it was in the comics. So I thought that that was dope the way that because I think it was it was. It was either a cover or it was a panel when they first showed him infected one of those shots. So I thought that shit was dope.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, same mic, he got it was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't remember in the books how they got it out of him, but the scientists basically said it was the animanium that they can't deal with. So I don't remember if that was what it wasn't the books or not, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: So, Rob, what do you think of Morph's having to be the one to convince with Wolverine out when he was Cyclops and then he had to transform into gen Gray?
Speaker 3: What did you What did you think of this moment?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was the main I mean it was really the only way that they could have got out of the situation because morres able to you know, sway and become these other people, and yeah, he he knows him the best when it comes to like, you.
Speaker 1: Know, what can lure him out with, like with the whole gene element and all of that. So no, I thought I thought it was dope. What made me I was like, what what makes him turn into certain people?
Speaker 4: Is what I was thinking about with Morph, Like, like why does he turned a Deadpool moment, like why does he turned the Spider Man?
Speaker 1: Like that's what I was more so like paying attention to didn't he turn into the hope to the thing, the thing that's right?
Speaker 3: So is there an answer to that?
Speaker 2: Like why he he just does it depending on the depending on the situation, Like if I'm fighting somebody bigger, I'm gonna change in somebody bigger if I need to be able to move and get away. That Samurai he was that person also has an animam sword. I forget their name, though his sword didn't his sword melted. I think even when he does it, he doesn't have the right and he's going to hold it for a certain amount of time.
Speaker 4: But that was just like a reference to the fact that they're in the Animanium plant. I just camera the name that damn Samurai. It's not everybody's not because that's the might be not civil sable, that's.
Speaker 5: The that's the that's the woman, the woman. But I'm with you whenever I see because they're they're normally together. Because he was also in the movie too. I can never remember the name he's.
Speaker 3: Like it's in correlation to Wolverine because I think.
Speaker 2: He was in the movie The Samurai, it might be that, yes it's Silver Samari, black ass name. But I thought that the sword actually melting was actually a nice touch because I didn't I don't know the extent of Morph's powers. So the fact that they they don't actually have a sword, it's just their skin, then it kind of makes you think of what body part that is?
Speaker 1: Is that like his finger?
Speaker 3: So so you just stay nasty. I'm just saying, like, what what what? How does he do that?
Speaker 5: How do they do that?
Speaker 2: How did they create a sword? Yeah, like if they morph into into Silver Samurai?
Speaker 3: When Silver Samurai?
Speaker 2: Because to me, you're right, I get your point. But I was thinking to myself, like he got fingers, but he's has fingers as Samurai, so what is the sword?
Speaker 5: Maybe he's able to conjure them up some kind of world that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I have to work that up because he's not they're not from the comics, I don't think, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know their their powers. Spike, who's dumber?
Speaker 2: Damn Wolverine for being in love with Jean Gray more for being in love the Simple Olympics.
Speaker 4: That's a good one, I would say, more because Morph more so understand that he's in love Wolverine is was Wolverine is in love with Jane Gray. I think Jane Gray tries to kind of deny Wolverine's love for her, like she know it's there, but she ain't really like leaning into it.
Speaker 3: Wore Wolverine infatuated with Jane Gray. Yet they still love. But you can say sathing about Genan Gray. She's she's married to to Scott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but she'd be giving it a little bit definite what we were saying last season too.
Speaker 3: A little bit, and Wolverine ain't giving more from.
Speaker 1: That's a good assessment, all.
Speaker 2: Right, morph have to turn into Jean Gray or at least a woman permanently, because it is clearly not.
Speaker 5: Because Wolverine will be able to smell the difference them.
Speaker 3: He probably feel the difference too. But it's gonna be good for a little while, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh what they can do, Bro, They can probably create.
Speaker 2: They might put that thing, they might put that.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: He could be fucking and just changed from from from from Jean Gray to who I can't storm?
Speaker 1: You know what I say?
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, it's a big as storm cloud in this motherfucker. He could do all types of ship. No fuck that I might at least try it.
Speaker 3: If I'm Wolverine. What can I lose? Who's gonna be fucking homophobic to Wolverine?
Speaker 2: If anybody can take some a little bit of homophobia, and it's Wolverine that I'm gonna give, I'm an I'm gonna try it tested out.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna test it out. It was a nip took episode, like yeah, you remember, it was like something was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was well.
Speaker 2: Eventually they get him in the chamber and he gets his antiminium back and all right, man, woll Maveren's back.
Speaker 1: Think that was tight.
Speaker 3: When he got out of that was dope, so over everybody with his last scene, he was so good.
Speaker 1: He's such a.
Speaker 4: Good character man, Like even when he doing some bullship, he's still he still looks like him.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I got hit when he just did. When he did the.
Speaker 5: Cover that was I was like, oh, I like, so fucking dope, that's what that's the iconic U cover two. Okay, yeah, yeah, when he was the headshot when he did this, bro, that ship was dope.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Just they knew what they were doing this episode too. You know the game about to come out. This should just made me hype for the game, like, oh my god, this about to take Oh man.
Speaker 1: Bro, yeah really, I don't know you still play.
Speaker 5: I got all the I got the Artists of the Galaxy, I got the Avengers ship.
Speaker 2: Anymore, the same thing with me anytime they got a Marble game. I'm just gonna go ahead about the Avengers was the only game that really disappointed me.
Speaker 3: But like the Spider Man game, the Gardens of Galaxy game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gardens, they just.
Speaker 3: Take they just take my whole week.
Speaker 5: Miles Morales all that ship. Yeah yeah, I haven't even finished Miles Morales. Uh, Miles finished that ship before me. You don't beat it twice. That was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: You could just get lost and swinging on that ship, just be swinging through the city.
Speaker 5: It's just like, but yeah, but not Mike. He sent me the trailer or I saw the trailer somehow and I hit up. I was like, Bro, how in the hell did you not send me this ship out?
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, trying to get Mike in trouble and get him to play it.
Speaker 4: I'm not playing.
Speaker 1: It's a story game.
Speaker 5: Like it's a story game, Spike, you don't even have to play, and just watch the trailer.
Speaker 1: We watched it. We did watch.
Speaker 2: You can watch the game, Mike, probably what I'm gonna watch the game play because he ended up playing it.
Speaker 3: He ain't gonna never stop.
Speaker 5: But no, but now that that whole action sequence was dope because he went and messed everybody up. After he sucked up Maverick, he dir.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to what happened to him?
Speaker 1: He killed every right, it wasn't the brute? Yeah, yeah, I think he did.
Speaker 5: He Yeah, I think he Yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: How was it from when he transformed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think he's stabbled him because Lady death Strike and saber To they were fighting the aliens.
Speaker 1: Lady she was kind of dope too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they kind of they could. Let's they just go a little bit.
Speaker 1: More crazy they could.
Speaker 4: They didn't really show how, like how crazy because he crushed someone's head, didn't he.
Speaker 3: In this I don't think it was this episode. I know he stabbed somebody.
Speaker 2: They got, yeah, so, but they didn't really let they didn't really show like how it's able tooth can. Really, they really just wanted to focus on Wolverine, That's why.
Speaker 5: But they I'm with you, they should have let them do something, but they were just there as cameos and you know, kind of tell the story.
Speaker 1: But it would have been dope to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, then we get Morphs talking to Wolverine as they complete the mission. They get out of there in time, and morph is basically disappointed in Wolverine, and Wolverine basically said, Nigga, I ain't sure all this, sorry ship, you ain't here on. You need to get that hole about your blood. How do you feel about this? This last scene keep right?
Speaker 5: And it kind of reminded you of the conversation that Depth Strike told him, told him it's like you gotta he ain't. He ain't what you think he is, Like, that's not your homeboy, And it just reaffirmed that to more and they just got to realize that and let that shit go because it ain't gonna happen. So we'll see if they kind of do something with this later on in the series, if they have time to develop this, or this was something they would play around with in season three. If they do a season three but they doing the season three Yeah, but okay, but but it's possible they are setting up something later on down the line for their story because maybe they leave the team, you know.
Speaker 3: So I don't think they leave gonna die mm hmm.
Speaker 5: They can't kill Morph again, Yes they can. I thought Morph, We're gonna die this episode. But I was like, nah, they they can't kill Morph again. I think Morph would leave.
Speaker 1: Where they gonna where?
Speaker 3: Then I said what they gonna They ain't gonna way.
Speaker 5: And if they did the classic cover where wherever somebody leaves they have the bag on their backpack, that would be dope. But yeah, but I don't know. But either way it go.
Speaker 3: I think wolve I think Wolverine feels guilty.
Speaker 4: It looked like he did a little bit look like he has something like, look, man, I ain't you know I'm only one way. I thought that was a hard bar, like you know what, you know what I'm saying, I'm this, this is the way I am. And they did the hole man in the mirror ship when he was looking at his uh self in the clause or whatever. So I like the little touches they add to this a little.
Speaker 3: Deep even like the little detailed, like.
Speaker 2: Him having on the suit and they're like showing how it is ripped as compared to when he does have on the real suit it's actually made.
Speaker 3: That's like, all right, y'all, actually, y'all being very detailed.
Speaker 2: A little like y'all know the nerds are gonna be looking at it like this, y'all making sure it's there.
Speaker 4: And I'm not even like a comic book nerd. I just like it just a just a detail of like I don't know, just storytelling, you know, in general. So it's just like I like when I see like little innu windows in the story that makes you think about, you know, something else. So they're very intentional with this show. Man, it's definitely not a kid show.
Speaker 1: I keep saying that.
Speaker 2: I think I think they just it's still a kid I get what you're saying, but it's a kid show man, it's still a kids like. I think it's just similar to the to show that I keep trying to tell somebody here to watch Avatar. Joking, bro, I'm I'm similar saying to like Avatar, the Last Airbenders, it's very much a kid show, but the themes are very much about it's about it's social political, it's about different like, it's about just bigotry, it's about all that ship like it's all in there.
Speaker 3: But it's a kid show.
Speaker 2: And I feel like the same thing with X Men, Like they're giving you a lot of ship for the adults to listen and see, but at the same time it's a kid show.
Speaker 1: So kids can learn about that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if there's anywhere for them to learn about ends, it's probably X Men would be a pretty good place to start. If if them watching Morph and how Morph interacts with Wolverine, and then you know, maybe getting a little bit of understanding of how non binary works. I mean, we we learned real life ship from watching fucking three to one Contact and Mister Rogers and Ship, So I mean it makes sense that they would put these I do get your point it's a bit violent for a kid's show, but I also get Jalen's point that they're just sprinkling in these adult themes to make it to where you'll want to watch it too.
Speaker 4: Look, I get it, like I like adult themes and kids shows like it helps them learn, but I still feel like it's it leans more towards kids than adults.
Speaker 1: I feel like this one leans a little bit more towards adults for me.
Speaker 5: If you guys, like, if you think about some of the the cartoons, but animation, Bus, money, all this ship, that ship that was different.
Speaker 1: That's a different time. It was very inappropriate.
Speaker 4: But titties out and stuff yeah, Bugs Bunny, Yeah, go back and watch. You probably was just numb to it because it was everywhere.
Speaker 3: But I ain't never been numb to titties rob, I don't remember.
Speaker 8: How when you go back and watch it as an adult, like what the hell I have with with Dom? And he's just like why what he said?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 4: He's like why why are her breast out or whatever or something like that, And I was like, damn, they are out.
Speaker 1: I didn't even realize.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, isn't the road Runner and Coyote? This is violent in a way.
Speaker 4: Yes, for sure, it's just not showing blood and stuff'lood this showed show blood.
Speaker 1: This show blood.
Speaker 3: This show is definitely showing.
Speaker 2: But I think I think with Bugs Bunny or like road Runner and stuff, it's all like what do you call it?
Speaker 3: Like fantasy violence?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't die like he gets a fucking big ass Boulder dropped on him and it's funny because you know he's.
Speaker 1: A lot and then the sound of it is funny. Why this show?
Speaker 4: Like, No, that motherfucker that got stabbed in the back, he's not getting uhing, it's not happening. What came man caan ass was dead as fucking I was. I just know he's going to get up because I don't know his powers like that. I was like, I know he's going to get up.
Speaker 1: No, what is it rated?
Speaker 3: Probably in TV fourteen or something there.
Speaker 2: You go, Yeah, like a kid that's like Jurassic Island, bro the TV fourteen. I would think it is still a kid. I would think this would be higher than TV fourteen. It does get a bit adult e, but.
Speaker 1: You know his kids can understand this stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's nothing too crazy. If people were getting beheaded and ship, that'd be a different story.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Just the way it is TV fourteen stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's kind of wild because the stuff, well, I probably I had to have adult supervision, so I was watching all kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I think niggas worst things every day. Now he talked about the original. No, I'm saying Mickey Mouse on that train, but.
Speaker 1: He was Yeah.
Speaker 4: TV fourteen, I think that's like a step forward PG thirteen because that's still Parendal guidance, so it's like the math, right, But yeah, yeah, it is mature themes. It is like you can't just let any kid just come in here and watching this, like you gotta prepare, like that kid has.
Speaker 1: To be able to.
Speaker 7: To like.
Speaker 3: They might watch it and sorry, that's what I was gonna say. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They might not pick up on the whole Morpho's in Love with Wolverine Park because some of us here didn't even get that. I think it's more so that like how PG thirteen is like, and we're putting it here, and if you're trying to pick it up, you need to be around explaining that ship exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's what it is. That's basically what it is.
Speaker 2: Like, it's not we're not saying it're not putting it out right, but if they pick it up, you should be around to explain that show exactly.
Speaker 4: The parental Yeah, and I have to do that with sometimes with some of the stuff that Don watches. But but yeah, I feel like I have to explain a lot with this If I don't watch it like a lot.
Speaker 3: If you do report back, I'm curious because I don't. I don't. I'm trying to think of what happened in this show.
Speaker 2: I think you could just watch this and say, oh, it's aliens invading people, and then that's kind of where it starts and stops. I don't know that the other stuff is going to be that obvious to a kid that would I would, but he's not a regular kid, so I'd be curious if he does pick up on that, like daddy, the hell wrong with more?
Speaker 3: Why is more for acting?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: All right, man, that'll do it for us, man as usual.
Speaker 2: If you want more content, they should have joined the patreon patreon dot com for Slash Frames per Second, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and join the reddit thread at FPS podcast. But I want to say real quick, I know there was a I can't remember who said it, but it was like, I know people were annoyed by this being a side mission. But as I'm thinking about it, I don't think they had a choice but to do this because Wolverine can't fight yep.
Speaker 3: So now the more I'm thinking about it, they really.
Speaker 2: Didn't have a choice but to make some kind of reason for him to have a Stanta MANI in battle, because if all.
Speaker 3: The ships come with apocalypse, he can't be out there with these hard bones.
Speaker 5: That's why they showed you the bones breaking.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: They were like, nah, you gotta get that ship. He got to get back, So I'm gonna give it grace for that. I mean, I still didn't mind the side story either.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. It made sense.
Speaker 5: When I was watching. I was like, yeah, you gotta get that ship back somewhere. And they have to speed it up because it's it's episodic. So in the comics they took a minute they did. He was dies classed for like a year or two if I remember correctly.
Speaker 1: They have to speed that up here, And who's the comic nerd? And I all read it. I don't know you remember his name.
Speaker 3: No, there's a bunch of them. I think Dom fucks with comics.
Speaker 5: It's somebody else. Well, if there's a few of them, But don't be in there over correcting some of this ship man, because.
Speaker 1: From from memory from years.
Speaker 5: Ago saying the reason I'm telling you I said, I I'm just saying now I did not go back and do research and refamiliar with myself.
Speaker 3: No, I do because we are fucking adults with lives.
Speaker 2: We don't sit around reading fucking websites all day to learn details and ship y'all chill out. I want the corrections, but don't act like we're assholes and dickheads.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I need to be corrected.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to be clear it up for the community. But I'm recalling from memory, so don't be cussing me out.
Speaker 2: I've said many times like, look, I don't remember the comics like that. So if I say something wrong, absolutely be like no, no, that's not what happened. I don't mind that at all. Would it be this motherfuckers?
Speaker 3: That'd be like how do you know that?
Speaker 1: What you man? Yeah? It bro maybe?
Speaker 3: And we say over and over like look, we might remember stuff wrong, but they be really on there like why you be acting like this and we don't know how do you not know that?
Speaker 2: Or so goddamn we ain't read comics in twenty some years, were going off memory. I can barely remember last week. Man, give us a little bit of grace. Man, when do you think you stopped reading comics?
Speaker 5: It was definitely oh shit, early twenties, probably when I went to college.
Speaker 2: What about you're saying, yeah, I stopped reading comics probably earlier than that, because it was right when I went to college. I just didn't want to bring all those comics with me and I at that point I had to spend money on skateboards and music and going to shows. I ain't have money for comics no more, because they stopped being a dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Five six dollars. Yeah, no, I couldn't do it. I'm not saying they don't deserve that. They do deserve that money. I just didn't have it when I.
Speaker 3: Was yay, I get you, I get you. Because I fell off for the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: I was like and I went in there. I just started reading them again. I was like, b this ship is expensive. I can't do this. Yeah, I mean, but I be unlimited, so that helps a little bit. I like checking in every now and again and seeing what's going on with comics. And I do like reading the Reddit comments where they're saying, oh, well, then this happened after that, and this happened too, and then so and so had this happen. I like reading that kind of stuff because I don't know, should get too way too confusing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I man.
Speaker 2: Y'all still comment, but you know, say, with some give them some grace, man, a little bit, give them some grace.
Speaker 4: But for me, I don't care. Y'all can correct me, alright, cool, let me know, should rather, you know, be on the topic.
Speaker 3: That's why he was drunk when he was watching this shit, because he was trying.
Speaker 5: He was upset.
Speaker 3: Alright, Fuck you, Mike. We talked to y'all later.