Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the France for a second podcast. Kenneth be in sheer glad to have everybody back. Jalen is out this week, so I'm in the hosting seat. We are here to discuss X Men nine seven, Episode four, The Rise of Apocalypse Part two, Part two. I was trying to figure out if it was Rise or age but.
Speaker 2: Nice thing of the comic Yeah, which was the Age of right, wasn't It wasn't the comic.
Speaker 3: Age Age Apocalypse? Yeah, Age of Ultron, Age of Apocalypse. Yes, I don't know if that's a goal to for them, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there was an art, the Age of Apocalypse art. But this is the Rise of Apocalypse where we see like basically is the origin story and uh, and we got the conclusion to that and then from here we have six episodes left and we'll see how they're going. But are we still like on board with where we are with episode? For Kenneth By and Cheer here with Rod, Spike and Mike, how y'all feeling about this episode?
Speaker 3: This episode was deep?
Speaker 5: Man, It's like it's a little too deep for a cartoon, a little deep for a cartoon, but yeah, like I you know, with these men, I get lost, but then you know it's certain things I pick up.
Speaker 3: To bring me back or whatnot.
Speaker 5: But I left feeling like, Yo, this was this was a deep episode honestly.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I guess X Men was like that in general when you think about it, and it's like they're really tapping into that, just like you know, with him being African and like just his slave, and like it's just like, yo, like this is he was talking about the Pharaoh with the light skin, to do with the light skin.
Speaker 3: The apocalypt I know it was African. I just saying that because his skin was.
Speaker 2: I guess we forget that Egypt is.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 6: I have told you I'm terrible for geography. I'm terrible with geograph. I wasn't I wasn't questioning you at all. I just didn't know you Pharaoh all of that stuff. Like you know, they're African. If he said Egyptian, you'd have been straight.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: A lot of people forget that Egypt is over in Africa, including me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he's African and he's talking about slavery and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's just like I don't know, man, it just it just felt really deep.
Speaker 4: What about you too?
Speaker 7: I got lost as well, but I just credited to not being like really familiar with the comics.
Speaker 3: It's still good.
Speaker 7: I enjoy watching it, but sometimes I do feel like I'm missing what they're trying to say, or missing more context for what's going on in that to a story. But that doesn't take away from my enjoyment because I like X Men it is. You can to Rod's points, you can tell it's like a adult themed or centered cartoon, and it don't feel like this is for kids at all.
Speaker 3: So okay, Mike, Yeah, it's it's it's good. I think I still kind of feel the same way as last week. I'm enjoying it, I'm on board. Something feels something feels off.
Speaker 2: I just can't I can't place what it is, so I'm assuming it's still just that I don't really care that much about Apocalypse like that. He's not my favorite X Men villain. I actually enjoyed it way more when they were just fighting Magneto and his crew. But but nah, this is this is it's good. It's good.
Speaker 3: I'm enjoying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this episode. Yeah, this this was was really really, really dope. Being familiar with like ship and Ship's history.
Speaker 1: And seeing his connection to Apocalypse who was the previous ruler and all that, just seeing that it possibly was all the way back, I thought all of that was was really dope. Just as a guy that was kind of into uh, some of those Easter eggs or whatever they call him, I thought that was dope. And overall I was definitely on on board with this episode. You know, we had we pretty much picked up where we left off with Manito basically covered everybody, protected everybody.
Speaker 4: That he said he could. I don't know if he was.
Speaker 1: Telling the truth, but uh, nerv was Ner was pissed because his boy Ball was dead and he threatened to kill everybody, but Xavier managed to talk him down, and uh, basically of course that that would definitely come back to haunt hum. And you know, we also have the X Men sort of debate after all that, if you guys have some thoughts on that, but all that we have to answer men debating like the concept of going back, should we stay, et cetera, et cetera, And we had role kind of reflecting on if they stay or if they change things, Gambit maybe still be alive, but Metneto wasn't trying to hear it.
Speaker 4: How far was Menito to make.
Speaker 5: That decision instead of relying on democracy, let's vote click, I did.
Speaker 3: No vote. Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 5: But I did like that moment with Apocalypse though, when they just kind of sat in that moment, him just breathing like that heavy like just I was like, damn, they're doing this like like I don't know, just that don't feel like a cartoon like that feels like a movie like or something like. To to have him have that moment of them just watching him just kind of grief over that guy. Yeah, that was That was a little while. But Magneto, Yeah, he just made this. So I'm like, dang, that's messed up. Bitcher was funny in this one too, in the way he was talking. But but no that yeah, no, I.
Speaker 1: Think going back to the opening and feel free to kind of go back and fill in any gaps or anything you guys want to discuss, I'm just gonna kind of just.
Speaker 4: Do a very very broad overview.
Speaker 1: I think, uh, you know, they did a really good job with tension and that in it, saying because he was holly pissed off and you just knew he was gonna this was gonna be like the turning point for him to turn into apocalypse, and Xavior of all people managed to talk him down, Like Meneto didn't really.
Speaker 4: Do ship so he just kind of just stood.
Speaker 1: There and look at him, you know. But but yeah, so now I agree with you. I thought the shot that they they drew up animation that.
Speaker 4: Was really really dope.
Speaker 7: I don't think I fully understood what would his apprehension have been, Like, why would I have listened to exact if I was to do that was from the turn into apocalypse, you mean in the beginning before he did, because he was a slave and he made it there under the guys that he was telling Professor x Or, I won't do the thing and turn it into apocalypse. But then when he got there, he was like, fuck this, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Well, wouldn't he.
Speaker 1: His whole thing was kind of you know, after Menito did what he did, you have that conversation between the two of them, So Xavier had bought into what Magneto was saying, right, everybody in my understanding that correctly.
Speaker 3: I didn't think he did. I guess it was.
Speaker 1: I thought that's why he was trying to convince uh Nor that he could be a different person.
Speaker 2: I don't think he had any choice at that point because they were stuck there because Magneto pulled that bitch move and took the.
Speaker 3: He didn't know that though, yeah he did. He'd saw him do it. Did Yeah, yeah, he did. I think he was in the cave. They did it in front of him. Oh I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought Zaber and Nor were having a conversation on the side and Anita was talking to the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Well, even if even if Xavier didn't see it with his own eyes, I'm sure he realized at some point, oh, I guess we're not going back because the little bands are gone. And I'm sure Rogue was like, oh, yeah, Magneto did it. So I didn't get that that Charles was because Charles would originally be the one to be trying to change his mind and be like, oh, don't do this, you can be a better person, but since they were stuck there, he didn't have any choice but to go along with Magneto's plan because Xavier wanted to just go back and try to change it the other way. But at this point it was like we can yeah, like, we have no other options right now.
Speaker 1: But Bishop changed everything when he popped up on seeing because now they can go back. So I can't remember if Xavier was there and saw that happened, was like, all right, well wait man, look he could he could go back into Magneto broke the little transfer, right, Yeah. I didn't think Xavier saw that. That's that's why that's why.
Speaker 3: I think he was right there. If I'm not mistaken, okay, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: And then, like Mike said, at that point, he don't have no choice but to try to convince.
Speaker 3: This dude to be on it, to not go around.
Speaker 1: Well, even before even when he talked him down with the rage, like when he kind of turned around and said, based you guys are responsible for the death of my friend. Xavier unless he was just self preservation, was still like hey man, yeah, no, yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: It was Magneto trying to think was the one that was thinking he can put him down a different path. Xavier was like, nah, bro, this this dude is destined to be this way. But until they got stuck there, that's when Xavier changed his tune.
Speaker 4: Is how I followed it.
Speaker 3: That's yeah me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but yes, Xavier was basically telling Nor that you know, he's from the that basically telling everything love we're from the future, and you know, he's kind of hoping that they could change him into like this other guy. He was telling about the X Man stuff and everything, and then we get like this information that.
Speaker 5: Was That's what it was. He was trying to convince him that no, look, yeah, we lied, but you know what I'm saying, So that's what it was. That's when he started changing this to him, like, look, man, we you know from a future where we.
Speaker 3: All band together, and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We we just like you or whatever that Look, man, we had gained this means so it was just like yeah, man, so yeah, at that point he had to kind of tell him the truth so and convince him not to go down that path of destruction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's some sort of cosmic power that was in the pharaoh temples, uh that could fit their tech, but it was also.
Speaker 4: Nor as well.
Speaker 1: And then we had the discussion last week about Newer having all this power Spike and why the hell he chose to go full Kanye in the sense that he was slavery was a choice.
Speaker 4: Well, we got the flashback to that.
Speaker 1: What did you guys think about New's flashback and about the mom basically just left him at a burn until Ball came through.
Speaker 3: Who Ball?
Speaker 1: Basically we saw why he was so emotionally kind of upset because he basically saved.
Speaker 4: Them and raised him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was his daddy.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, If you guys liked the flashback, did it kind of makes sense him kind of grow into his own.
Speaker 3: I don't trust it. I don't trust it.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if that was something I was playing in his head like that just seemed weird, like the mom just dropped the baby off and was like all right and just left.
Speaker 3: He was blue. Yeah, but still it wasn't blue black. It was still.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering if that wasn't a real memory. If it was, it's fine, it's not a huge deal.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 5: Probably was a real memory only because what we saw at the end when when was pissed, that's why your mama left your God damn, I was like God, he was mad. He was big man, he was He's like, your ass is evil.
Speaker 3: Mama left you because she knew.
Speaker 2: I was like but he could have just been saying that based off of what apocalypse. Because if the memory is there and if it's been planted there and Xavier pops in, I don't know that he's going to see that that's a fake memory.
Speaker 3: I feel you. Yeah, he's kind of trash. Yeah, it just feels it just feels.
Speaker 2: It just felt didn't feel kind of anti climactic, like the mom just left them and then just bounced and they didn't really examine that at all. It was just like, oh, yeah, your mama just left the ass because you were blue.
Speaker 5: I feel like it was probably something deeper that we'll get tapped into later. That's why I said, I think it's a real memory, but it's probably more context to it.
Speaker 3: I don't even care anymore, especially of course he cares.
Speaker 2: Your mama leave you on the damn sidewalk somewhere, you're gonna care the rest of.
Speaker 3: Your life in the in the in the dumpster. Yeah, especially if you're ugly too. If your mama left you because you're ugly, Yeah, what's wrong with your face? I didn't get birth to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody probably told her, like, yo, your son is destined to be this person, and she probably.
Speaker 3: Just I could see that. Oh it's probably fucking rama ta what I was thinking. So somebody probably like that.
Speaker 5: That's I don't think we had a full context of why his mother left, and that's probably why I felt anti climatic. Yeah, but we'll probably find out out at some point.
Speaker 1: We also saw that, uh the temple. When Zaba went to the temple, there was a voice calling nor to be eternal, which of course is connected.
Speaker 2: That the celestial I don't think the celestials being there was. I think the wording that they chose to put in there was just fucking corny cartoon. I know, but you just said it was like an adult cartoon. It is, but it's that ship was corny.
Speaker 3: Dude, come be eternal? Did you get it? Did you get it? It's like, come on, man, this is stupid. Shut up, we get it.
Speaker 2: But the celestials are probably corny, though, I mean they were kind of corny in the Eternal's movie, But I'm saying them saying that the name of the movie was corny. They wanted to make sure because that movie didn't make no money, they want to make sure everybody remember it.
Speaker 3: Remember that black ass movie. We made a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what about rose convo with nor.
Speaker 4: Ye Rogue Rogue?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when she walked up and she was like, yeah, somebody know what was special to me?
Speaker 4: But he gone now Mmm.
Speaker 5: I liked her comment about like you know, we lived for love and things like that, and she was just like, I hope, you know, I pray, I hope of something like she said, I hope you find it or whatever for everybody's sake or something like that.
Speaker 3: So I liked her conversation. Honestly.
Speaker 1: The thing, Mike love his pain, he knows. Yeah, for him, it is because of what having with his mom, So I get it. Yeah, she was talking about Gamba and that that's kind of the issue MIKEA and Spike was that they already kind of did that earlier, So why are we going back to this conversation Earlier?
Speaker 3: She was already talking about Gambit.
Speaker 1: It wasn't with Neure it was Meneto and everybody kind of hoping that if the time changed that he'll still be alive. And they went back, but she already had her sad moment. Because that's what I was just gonna say really quick. I think they needed that moment to just I think that moment.
Speaker 3: Was for Apocalypse more so than her.
Speaker 5: Like I said, he was like, well, pain because she's the one that has experienced like I guess the pain of losing or whatever. And I think they was trying to parallel that with Apocalypse and the and their perspective on it. So yeah, I think that I think that was what Apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was just gonna say that's that's what I'll talk about last week. I'm just kind of sick of it because it just seems like y'all are y'all are drillingness into the ground. We get it, we get it, you're gonna bring Gambit back. Just fucking get on with it, like you You bring it up every episode and then you're just going over it over and over and over. So hey, remember remember Gambit. Remember Gambit. Hey remember Genosha, Remember Gambit? She likes Gambit.
Speaker 3: Remember that. And it's like, all right, man, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 2: It would have been a lot cooler if y'all stopped talking about the motherfucker and then he pops up, but y'all keep talking about him, so it's like, we know Apocalypse is gonna bring his ass back.
Speaker 3: We know it.
Speaker 1: Damn which would be if if he remembers this conversation, I don't know if Yeah, if he remembers this conversation, yeah, that would make a connection.
Speaker 2: With it also ties into he said something at I can't remember if it was at the end, but he's he said something about how the X Men were going, like his own people were gonna attack Charles or something like that. He said something to imply, like to Charles like, yo, your own people are going.
Speaker 3: So this is this is what it is.
Speaker 2: And it's like, dude, like, does this have to be every bit of dialogue in this fucking show at this point? So when he shows up, we're not gonna be like, oh man, Gambit's back. We're We're like, all right, man, yeah, you late bro.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you didn't know that. I didn't know that. You didn't know what I didn't know. He brings Gambit back.
Speaker 3: We talked about that last week, didn't Yeah, well you weren't here.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe, maybe maybe I didn't pick up on that. So he brings Gambit back to be on his side.
Speaker 2: We yeah, so remember the at the end of the last season, which they shouldn't have included this in my opinion, but the end of the last season. The last thing we saw was Apocalypse pick picking up the not the end of the last season, sorry, the end of that episode. Apocalypse picked up the card. And it's like, okay, that was enough, that was enough, and then you could have given a couple of little rogues.
Speaker 3: I'm sad, but then cut it off after that.
Speaker 5: Even when y'all said that last week and now now I'm remembering, I still didn't quite connect it because I don't know, I don't know that.
Speaker 2: But see, but see you didn't know that. But if they had just stopped talking.
Speaker 3: About Gambit by this point, and then.
Speaker 2: Two episodes down the line, Gambit shows up and he's evil, I feel like the impact is still going to be the same, rather than them constantly fucking talking about Gambit.
Speaker 3: How he bring them back to what do you mean when you.
Speaker 2: Said, well, that's kind of a spoiler. So that's what I'm saying. I think I think for the the.
Speaker 5: Average viewer or somebody that's not deep into the comics, I don't I didn't feel like it was like over over the head because I feel like this moment was more about Apocalypse and if you know what, if you know, you know.
Speaker 3: It's kind of how I look at.
Speaker 2: It, right, I agree, But it's not like the conversation only happened with Apocalypse. This is this conversation has been brought up multiple times every goddamn.
Speaker 3: Episode at this point.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just like they're constantly referencing back to Gambit, referencing back to Gambit, and it's just like, I get it, that was an important moment.
Speaker 3: I get it, but I just.
Speaker 2: Feel like it would have been a lot cooler if y'all just stopped and then he popped up.
Speaker 3: But it technically just happened. Though.
Speaker 5: What just happened him passing Janosha, because that was like towards the last last season and we're just picking up what we left that.
Speaker 2: Was like the middle of last season and then some other ship. But even even still, it's just like, all right, you got a lot of shit going on right now, there's a lot of shit happening, rogue, how about you chill out and trying to figure out how to fuck to get home. You're still talking about the dude that you wouldn't give no play to.
Speaker 3: Did they tap into her Xavier relationship?
Speaker 2: So she's fucking executed too, right?
Speaker 3: Did they tip me that last season a little bit, but not yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, it was very quick she did. Then they didn't really go into that deeply. Now that was why I think there's all this guilt about Gambit dying because Gambit liked her, and then she left and went off with Magneto, and Magneto was flapping her in front of his face, like, yeah, it's my girl now, mother's mind.
Speaker 3: That's yeah. I need to go back and watch this. I do too. I keep saying that, but I haven't had a chance.
Speaker 7: I guess I ask when we get to him.
Speaker 2: So how come Wolverine got them claws that come out his hands? How did not bringing people back that make the ending less significantly?
Speaker 3: Can't they just bring him back? Well?
Speaker 1: Let me, didn't you like, like, I forgot to ask you in the beginning.
Speaker 3: So this thing kind of escalates real quick.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Rama to who's talking like ship and I guess he was basically came was talking about the celestial power in the temple, which is what he went back for. I don't know why it wants apocalypse? What does like the celestials?
Speaker 4: I don't know why. It was like want to wield the power.
Speaker 3: That's the only thing I can it really just that simple. It feels like it is that he's able to wield the power. That's what they were saying.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they use those exact words, but it said something like that, that he's worthy of holding.
Speaker 3: That sort of power.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: But I thought it was something deeper than them. It might be just we don't know yet. I don't. I don't remember the comics.
Speaker 1: Like that, yeah, because that was like watching them, like, okay, this must well, Like I'm wondering if this was something that happen when I stopped reading and that. Of course with the comments, they can go on more detail because they kind of have time to do it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It spanned on what his whole origin is. But was I tripping or did the pharaohs helmet looked like did.
Speaker 3: It looked like Cerebro. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 3: Cerebro and Magneto's helmets are different.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right. I got mixed up and I keep doing it too. Yeah, that's look at that counch. I meant, yeah, I didn't mean the Xavier. I mean, you're right, it was Cerebro. All I know, Mike is when I saw it, like that ship looked familiar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's King though, because he has advanced technology, so he would have figured something out like that.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming he he has seen Xavier ship and then built it and then went back in time with it, because it seemed really odd that they looked almost exactly.
Speaker 5: But that's what I'm saying because yeah, so that's what I'm saying, Like he he time travels and he and he sees that how to create that stuff.
Speaker 2: This is the only ship that I can't really funk with when it comes to Rama Tut slash King, And this is where Marvel fuck up. You know, at the time before Jonathan Majors was beating up women. I fucked with Jonathan Majors. He never should have been cast as King if they were going to do this, because it makes no goddamn sense that that that Rama Tut is white and he's a time traveler. That motherfucker is white. Yaw, he looked at you, look at ye. No, Egyptians were darker than that. Egyptians were like, you're complex.
Speaker 3: I mean, but.
Speaker 2: Well we're not in now we're in Back in the day, Egyptians were your color or Spike's color paper.
Speaker 3: Bag, That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: He don't look paper bag brown, not Moucker little white had.
Speaker 4: Different color schemes, but.
Speaker 3: Watches. But it's either way. He didn't look white that mother.
Speaker 2: I thought he was white because at some point I was like, when did you decide to be black?
Speaker 3: Because that makes no sense. If you're a time traveler, why.
Speaker 2: Would you at some point be like, hey, you know what, I'm a I'm a change myself to be a black man. Why?
Speaker 5: I mean, he's not He's not as dark as Johnathan Majors, but he is their complexion looked at something.
Speaker 1: He didn't look paper bag. I don't think so, Yeah, he definitely paper bags. But yeah, so basically that's what he came back. But then in the that scene they discovered that the temple is ship, which I thought all of that was dope.
Speaker 3: She was like, this was like, Nah, you about to tell me that motherfucker's not white?
Speaker 1: Is that from That's not from this though? Yeah, that's not from s Mann seven. He's a little darker for him, it's not in the comics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 3: Like that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if he was the Egyptian from the comics either, because I ain't. I ain't really even like king like.
Speaker 3: That their Egypt. That's that's now. It's not white. That is white.
Speaker 2: Y'all have motherfuckers white dude.
Speaker 3: It's like when they cast a little bit tailors. Fucking uh queen. Yeah, it's like, come on, bro. So I wasn't to the point where almost thought you was Xavier. I'm like, he is that a Xavier?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, because look at the look at the arms in the back. The arms in the back is a black person. This makes that makes sense.
Speaker 5: You're right, you're right. I did not realize he was that, Like that ship is weird to I guess I was just telling myself.
Speaker 3: To think it was darker. But no, you're right now, in that image there, he does look right. So that's who Jonathan is supposed to be playing.
Speaker 2: It was, And even in the movie they had Jonathan Major's as Rama Tut So I was like, Okay, this cartoon came out after that, Why couldn't y'all fix this? But I guess it would have been too obvious, like if he was that dark.
Speaker 3: Maybe people have.
Speaker 2: Been like, oh, that's King, Yeah, because they didn't technically reveal that he was King until this episode for people that don't.
Speaker 4: Know, because he put the helmet on the ship right, that change.
Speaker 3: That was hard. I like that. He's like, yep, hell, I love that.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 3: He said, my job is done. I no longer have any purpose here. On to the next question. I don't know who the who's the Black girls supposed to be?
Speaker 4: Do you know, Mike?
Speaker 3: He said her name? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Yes, we said the name.
Speaker 3: Said, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was like the dialogue is a little bit clunky in this episode, but yeah, her name is like.
Speaker 1: Fuck because she was in there like she was confused, like that's all you're gonna give me.
Speaker 5: I felt like she was probably gonna be his Uh no, It's almost like she was supposed to be because he I think they said the eternal something lines in again, so I thought he was gonna give a clue. But and I just being mister saying Tomatil. Oh, yeah, he said Timatil.
Speaker 3: He specifically said her fucking name because she has a really weird name. I gotta I'll find it, y'all. She supposed to be like a clear Patra or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You man, he just lovet Yeah, just leve for the with this mess that he started. But but yeah, so all this kind of runs together and then we just get everything from here, which is pretty much the episode for me.
Speaker 3: Is Claire Patrick n X Men? No, No, not that I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing I know, but probably they all loved all the historical figures.
Speaker 4: It got hercules and all the muffers in there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so discovership the temple is ship uh nor is nor is walking in and.
Speaker 4: He sees like everything on the hieroglyphics.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, which I thought all of this was dope, and then I started thinking too much because I'm basically it just they fucking created apocalypse? Is that to be assumed?
Speaker 3: Who the X Men?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: Who drew the fucking hieroglyphics on the wall? I don't think the X Men did it, I know, but.
Speaker 1: Somebody had to draw the hieroglyphics in order for him to see that. In other words, they have to go in time for the Howard glyphers to be on the wall for him to see it, to be pissed, to turn into apocalypse.
Speaker 2: This is the time travel shit that I keep telling y'all, I don't like. But the way I took it is, this is one of those moments you can't change in time, just like Genosha, Like you could go back as many times as you want. Apocalypse is always going to be apocalypse. So I don't know that the X Men made Apocalypse because if they hadn't gone back in time, something else would have happened that would have made him apocalypse. So anyway it went, it was still going to happen. That's the way I took it. But again, I don't fucking like time travel because of this. It's annoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not having background about like whatever the story is. And the comet Spike, like when I saw it, I was like, he's just destined to be it, and them messing around with time ended up creating the thing that they were trying to prevent. Yeah, but nevertheless, he was pissed and snatched up Xavier ass Bishop ass ran, and I thought he was gonna do something. He said, he said, don't take another step, Spike. How many steps did he take?
Speaker 4: Too many?
Speaker 3: Anymore?
Speaker 5: He treated him like ro He bishop asked off the damn I thought that he powered up and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't do ship, didn't ship.
Speaker 4: I swear I thought he was gonna throw Xavier down there too.
Speaker 3: He backhanding or something like.
Speaker 5: It was just like he treated him like at and.
Speaker 2: He ain't even killed the xabery. He just stepped over. He felt he stepped my hand. I ain't you can't even stand up, bro, you can't even be ten toes down.
Speaker 3: I gotta make you a horseman, but you ain't got no spot.
Speaker 2: That was mean as fuck, Like, yo, what is happening? That was mean as fuck man so wrong. That was mean, that hurt, that would hurt her before he died. He was like when he said that, shit, he's like, wait for real, bro, you go, you're real, You're gonna come up with my disability, you knowing all I can do is crawl and you really go station ship like that to me? You saw me crawling the sands.
Speaker 1: Shit, all of this ship was dope because the others Man came in, night Crawler tried to do something, Road tried to do something.
Speaker 4: None of them stood a chance.
Speaker 1: He walked into that damn machine, came back out, got his little make over. It came out and was apocalypse and again, I really want to know what the eternal celestial stuff is. But I guess even if it's just you, you got it. You're strong enough. He came out and he just mopped up everybody. Menito tried, He tried, He tried before and was very powerful. Yeah, because because Manito was to be like, yo, this is my fight.
Speaker 4: Look my bad, bro, I fucked up. Y'all.
Speaker 3: Just go back and time.
Speaker 4: I'll deal with this here too late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and he tried to fight him, but Xavier ass popped up like he didn't go back. I don't know how he didn't get pushed back into time. Did anybody see that he.
Speaker 3: Was He was holding on the Magneto's cape. Yeah, something happened to where he missed the jump, like like he well he can't jump, so.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but yeah, yeah he missed the jump, Like yeah, I think he was holding on to him.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought he's still just tossed him in there with the.
Speaker 2: He can't do that because I assume at this point Magne Charles's chair isn't metal that way, he ain't got worried about Magneto pulling that type of ship made him roll down the stairs.
Speaker 5: He might as well and went Mike because will what was he gonna get the rest of this episode?
Speaker 3: He didn't do ship. He didn't do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Bro, Magneto is fighting for his life Rod, and he's just saying stop.
Speaker 3: Charles was fighting for his life too, An the way he was fucking crawling through the sand and his little lad like a slug.
Speaker 2: They didn't have to like that, b They didn't have to do him like that. It was so dir Just just give him legs. At this point, man, I've never really understood that about X Men, and not in terms of the text you said, because I knew the nerdy ship.
Speaker 3: Ken said. But it's just like all this other ship.
Speaker 5: He had him for a minute, but they keep took him away. It's like dog, he's a fucking X Man. Build him a suit. Yes, you can't fix his back.
Speaker 3: You can do all this.
Speaker 2: Other ship, but you can't fix Phoenix, Saga Phoenix, the whatever Phoenix can come back and do all this type of ship.
Speaker 3: You can't boop give him a back, this is crazy. They can give him some of the Wolverine ship, give him an Aman tam backton.
Speaker 2: This ship is nuts, but no, man, uh External, that's supposed to be her name. So that's why at the end when he was leaving, Kang was like, I think he can only beat be beat by something that's external. And then it shows her face, So I don't. I'm not familiar with her, but I knew that that shit meant something. So I looked it up after the show and I was like, oh, that was corny too.
Speaker 4: There was a comic.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was a mini series call Externals, but yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not too familiar with her either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from what I from what I could find at least is her character is named the External.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that after my time, probably.
Speaker 3: That's what destroys him.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's gonna be like one of them Captain Marvel situations where they need someone that's as powerful as him to challenge him, and she just doesn't know she's that powerful because she she.
Speaker 3: Used to be in a slave You got this white man up here with a fucking Farrel helmet on whipping me. This is some bullshit, bro.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all all of this was though, Like the fight between Noor and Apocalypse was I mean Apocalypse and Meneto was good. But Mento it wasn't working. And he tried, man, he tried and tried. You know, he got wound it and he did a good job of just kind of bonding him in whatever metal he could find and then just yeah, tossing them off.
Speaker 2: He should do that again, because I was like, bro, the Apocalypse came back like five minutes later.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 4: It took him a minute.
Speaker 1: They gave him enough time to stop the planet because you know, Apocalypse.
Speaker 4: Like, man, just just straw all this ship, just fuck it.
Speaker 3: And but what he did, like Meneto, that was that was hard.
Speaker 4: That was so dope. Bro.
Speaker 1: They do this ship every time, like they give these guys. I think they did that with Gambit. They gave Gambit this big moment.
Speaker 3: Now your helmet rolling in the scene, right, He was like, oh man, he was polyst was so cold.
Speaker 5: He walked over there, not even now when he told him, like, yo, gone lie to him, go and tell him it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Man, I was like, yeah, knew.
Speaker 5: He was like, hey man, we can talk about this.
Speaker 3: He was he had he hit him with that.
Speaker 2: When of Rick Grimes speeches Rick Gard to get his ass whooped and you know he about to funk up with like.
Speaker 3: When the governor showed up, Hey man, we can live here together. Hey man, we can all do this together. I can live on this side.
Speaker 5: Was like, Pitch, what First of all, he mad this Bufther just threw him all right, dare.
Speaker 3: You the walk mass all the way back? Man?
Speaker 1: So but that's that ship Spike when he met Neto fell down and Savior fell on the other side.
Speaker 3: He crawled that ship was it died?
Speaker 1: And then when they had a apocalypse come across that he man, I was like, oh ship, but and yeah, yeah he did all that. You just talked about Rod and then he just yeah, man, it was just like, oh yeah, it was the helm he.
Speaker 5: And then Xavier did the tele tele like, hey man, I'm sorry, I can't do nothing for you. I like to Magneto's a moment too when he was u when he said how he took on the role of being evil that centers and stuff and.
Speaker 3: People following Xavier or whatever. I thought that was really something like did I create?
Speaker 2: Did I commit these sins only to bring these people to the saint or something like that, Yeah, saying I was like.
Speaker 3: God, this this ain't no cartoon, like what are they doing? And Exa trying to tell ship, hey, ship, can you stop what you're doing? Like I'm sorry, I apologize you right, what gonna do if I say no? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but no, all of this was though. I like when Benito was like, my with action not tears. Yeah, and then that's what you were talking about, play devil so sinners can embrace the saint.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did that.
Speaker 2: Neil foul though, Like that when they showed his insize ball, that was hard.
Speaker 3: Man, that was crazy. Geez. I was like, they're not really about to just shoot Magnita in the back like this.
Speaker 4: Pockets don't give a fuel.
Speaker 3: Don't Yeah, yeah, pull that back. He's gonna come back. And it was just the helmet. He threw it a helmet and it wasn't it wasn't even arms reach.
Speaker 2: I know here, I know he was reaching, still still crawling. He did that on purpose. He did that on purpose. But we put his foot in his face and was like, what do you say that. He's like, I don't even step on ans bro.
Speaker 1: Only a coward feels mighty when stepping on in you remember who said that?
Speaker 3: Before that buddy.
Speaker 2: No, Magneto said it in the episode.
Speaker 3: He said that he said that to him.
Speaker 2: He said that to uh this tomb when he was trying to convince him that he could be a better person.
Speaker 7: I'll be damn wait no, no way, Yeah, because I binged it and I remembered it because I watched him too bad to bed.
Speaker 2: He used line yes after he killed him God, and then said the ship to Charles, I just killed Joe homeboy, and I'm gonna use his line while my foot is.
Speaker 3: In your mouth. Oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: And then just he was like, he's not even worth me, stepping on, stepped over him and just kept walking.
Speaker 1: And that's he did the horseman things like he ain't even worth being a horse.
Speaker 2: And I think that's when he might have said the thing about the other X Men coming back or something.
Speaker 3: It was around.
Speaker 4: It was around he was because he was talking so much.
Speaker 2: Ship he talked, he did. He looked at Xavier and was like, look, I'm gonna do what you can't do. I'm gonna walk away.
Speaker 3: But did you have a quote what is was saying to him about his MoMA and stuff. I mean, you pretty much coming. But that's he left right, Yeah, all yeah, was words. He couldn't do anything else. He was crying all day to he was. He was crying to from day to night. And he was his friend. He did.
Speaker 5: He was crying, it's time to go. U that bro, fuck that leave me here, bro, let it go.
Speaker 3: Bro. I would have been like, Bishop, you're a bitch.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't you come back like fifteen minutes ago? Oh see, that's again what I don't like about time travel. Why couldn't Bishop come back earlier and grab him and Magneto. It's just like, and maybe there's a maybe there's a reason that I just don't know. But when you start sprinkling time travel and the shit and you make it this willy nilly, it just creates too many issues for me that my brain can't process.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now I gotta get my grievouses out because apocaly is one other thing he said, he said, and something about it and all your teachings you can see the lesson.
Speaker 3: That was a good one too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Zavier is supposed to be this all powerful mutant.
Speaker 3: He's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: That's what they've always built him as, like the most powerful telepath on the planet until a couple of came later on Bro this whole time in this episode, even when he tried to telepathically reach out to him, it didn't work.
Speaker 3: Savor, for him to.
Speaker 5: Be so super powerful, he is sorry as fucking hell.
Speaker 3: They do him like Optimist Prime a lot. At least Optimist Pride come back and win in the end. He'll he'll win at some point. Damn it. What was Optimus Prom's famous line, you did it on purpose? I did?
Speaker 2: What does he always say? Autobots you Foullis ship, you foulli ship. You didn't think I catch that did.
Speaker 1: For Xavi to be this powerful, for him to one not want to use as powerful because he's so powerful, and two well and pay people. Of course that's for the people that want to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he only he don't like to read people. Mind. I put that in there just for people and read it because.
Speaker 1: But it's just like you, you're Europe, like Menina was doing all the fighting, is what I'm saying. Zabern didn't really do any fighting. He tried to get in one time. He just be and it's just like then he's back to begging for him to stop. Shit's a fucking annoying. Xavier is just a good leader. He's not a warrior. He's like Charlie and Charlie's angels. He just needs to stay at the house. But whenever he rolls his ass in the battle, it's like, bro, you're just a liability. We just have we have to fucking constantly protect you because you can't do ship. The movie showed it clear. Is get supposed to be able to do ship? Make what when he's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: The most powerful. He's a good telepower. He can read minds. That's all he can do.
Speaker 1: He should be able to He should be able to control the Poclip's mind to lock him up.
Speaker 3: No Apocalypse had had had too much power.
Speaker 2: He can control little regular people's minds, Like if Spider Man was attacking somebody, he could take over his brain.
Speaker 4: How powerful is that, Xavier?
Speaker 3: Then he take over your girl Phoenix. You know that. She don't remember? I thought she over prouded him. You're talking about the movies or the or the in the movies. Yeah, she killed his ass. Yeah, yeah, he was telling her to stop. It's like Gene, no, Gene, no, it was like no, yes, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Oh he's so annoying because that's when got mad. Yeah, he was crying and he got man.
Speaker 7: So as far as the timeline thing and how this plays out, because it's supposed to play out in the movies too, like this affixed the movies that are coming out, so it won't be no Magneto.
Speaker 3: No, there will be a Magneto because Magneil's in the trailer.
Speaker 2: That's why I was just like this, this isn't that heartfelt because it's like, we know you're gonna bring him back, and he died in.
Speaker 5: This past time, right, I mean, I guess, well, this is the Magneto from the future.
Speaker 3: See see there you go.
Speaker 2: This ship is annoying, but they'll they will figure a way to bring Magneto back. Yeah, you know he's gonna he's not gonna just be dead because he's, like I said, he's in the.
Speaker 3: Trailer, so he'd probably just be from a different time.
Speaker 2: That or they'll go back in time to right before he died and snatching back or some ship.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, time travels really exactly. That's my thing. I can't be sad about this because I know you're gonna bring him back.
Speaker 5: Unless there's a like a constant under like what they call him, like they call him constant, right, I can't remember the.
Speaker 3: Things that don't change. Yeah, absolute point absolutely. Yeah. Yeah, there's dope is what they call.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So like Mike said, you can't change that, right, but the Magneto dying probably isn't right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, So.
Speaker 5: That's what I mean. So it's not always the case. M You know, there are you know, different times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why again this whole Rogue thing where she's like, maybe we can go back in time them y'all and save Gambit. You can't, man, you can't. Didn't you hearing Cable say he tried two hundred times? What makes you think you can do it now?
Speaker 1: Anyway, they say he's in an Alpha level, so he's in the second tier. What's what's above omega? That's like storm Storm and I guess Jean Gray is a mega level became a mega level Mento one too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've seen the episode he was con I thought.
Speaker 3: That was storm that the Sentinel said Omega level Roge Gambit.
Speaker 7: Mega level level.
Speaker 3: Rogue is a mega level. I can see that. I can't.
Speaker 4: I thought talking about Mento if they were together.
Speaker 5: Because it isn't like rogue and she take off those gloves. It's a wrap right now.
Speaker 2: Well, she got to touch somebody. I'm saying, chop her hands off. She ain't doing ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does though, Yeah, Road's not a mega level. He was talking about meneto because it was just right beside him.
Speaker 3: I didn't I don't think. I don't realize what happened. So when he was talking about yeah.
Speaker 2: And I never thought that Rogue was I thought Storm was there and I thought he was talking to Storm, but I guess Storm wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I guess she wasn't there.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, but either way, I guess I don't know they'd be doing XA dirty, but they do.
Speaker 3: They do do him dirty. He needs to stay home. Yeah, but I'm like, I'm gonna sit this one out. He like, how overly overly positive? Like that's what that's And we don't need right now.
Speaker 2: We don't need Rod as an X man, we don't need you, we don't need disabled.
Speaker 3: Rod as an X men and everybody. Right, but no, that sounds somewhere, bro, I'm tired. Mouth to go along.
Speaker 2: We see a fucking apocalypse coming out. He got this whole big ass purple suit on here you come everything. No, no, somebody gotta die bro right for real, somebody gotta die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, now, this this was though, even though, like Spike to what you were saying earlier, in comic books, nobody stays dead.
Speaker 3: Nobody's dead.
Speaker 5: She'll be back she No, probably not, but for the most part that that is typically the rule. They'll find a way to bring them back. If they're popular enough, you'll come back. Yeah, because they make it seem like there's no way Black Willows.
Speaker 1: Well, they keep well, yeah, they keep saying that she's like dead for real. Yeah, so they've been pretty consistent with that. I just don't ever believe it.
Speaker 2: I think if they're saying that she's because she died on whatever that plan, yes you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't go back and get her way. She died. Y'all didn't watch it after credit? Und I did? Yeah, Okay, I thought.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that meant is that she wasn't that right?
Speaker 1: Who the weapon? And I know Jayleen mentioned the last year. Can they straighten him up? Straighten who up?
Speaker 5: Wovere Yeah, he is always the slump thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's the Maybe that's how he was when he was like when he had that little primitive thing going on. But either way, I go, no, I don't the weapon, that's program I do remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so is that what he's trying to go back and get his to get his anime?
Speaker 2: Yeah, his animaium that happened in the in the comics. I remember reading that one. But when he when he said I'm getting the whole team back together, I can't remember who was on the team because it was him and a couple other people that went.
Speaker 3: I can remember either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, remember that era X Man. Yeah, Wolverine was just like kind of Nerve, the ring leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't if I remember correctly in the comics, it wasn't the X Men that he went with.
Speaker 3: There was some other people. I just can't remember who.
Speaker 4: Maybe he started by Alpha Flight.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see Alpha Flight. Who was Alpha Man?
Speaker 2: They got another little person, buck, a little person, a legit little person.
Speaker 3: Ye, Like he's shorter than Wolverine.
Speaker 4: Tyrion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's basically Tyryon. And I can't remember. There was like, are is the wind to go? Who's the flying guy?
Speaker 1: They're the captain Britain is That's what I thought. Why would Britain be in Canada though, that's what he are right now. They're a Canadian, they're a Canadian group, So it may be him, it may not. No, No, he's Britain is excal Caliber.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't remember who the other guy is. Off of Flight had somebody on the twins.
Speaker 4: They had the two twins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 4: Natives to that place.
Speaker 1: I can't remember their names either, but I think one could transform into some creature or something and then the other one could fly through some light power or something like that. And I can't remember who the actual leader was though, But yeah, but either way it goes that may be who he's talking about. That would make sense. What was the significant beople then he was he was part of that team before. I'm saying, but in this story.
Speaker 2: That they'll help him go get his animanium back, I mean I don't really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it could be.
Speaker 2: It could be cool, not if Alva Flight is involved, but seeing him go back to the weapon X program to get his his animanium back.
Speaker 3: Because I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Something else fucked up happens when they tried, But I don't I don't.
Speaker 1: Remember, but this could be cool anyway. Yeah, man, I I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that they're not afraid to take people off the board, even if the states aren't like realized over you know, you know the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still affected me.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, because I'm like, Okay, cool, they're gonna bring him back those who cares.
Speaker 3: But isn't that more?
Speaker 2: But see, the thing is, they could kill Rogue, they could kill night Crawler, they could kill I guess classes, isn't it. They could kill bet Well, no beasts is in the movies.
Speaker 3: But they could.
Speaker 2: We haven't seen Rogue in any of these new era Marvel films. We haven't seen Nightcrawler pop up. They could kill somebody that we know is not coming back, and they can still bring Rogue back later. It's just a matter of I know, Magneto is factually not dead.
Speaker 3: Damn. Rogue ain't never been in the X Man. She was in the old ones.
Speaker 2: She was an a packing packing Okay.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's still good though, Yeah, it's still good. But they might need to call That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: Last I don't mean ship.
Speaker 3: I didn't I didn't realize that they had to tell me that last time, the last episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well they might need to do. I mean, it's it's all right. I don't know what it is that's not hidden all the way. It's still it's still great. It's still a great show. But something is missing from the last season.
Speaker 3: I think it's just still coming together.
Speaker 5: I think it's like a piece is of a puzzle that they haven't quite put together.
Speaker 2: See, there's four episodes in I remember last season you give me one and I was like, where is the second one?
Speaker 3: I'm not really doing that with this.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully now that everything is kind of established, now we can move forward. They got to deal with the repercussions of or the fallout from Anito dying. Who they're gonna blame, you know Whatverene's off doing his own thing, and we still got X Force running out here, we still got X Factor in rut here, so Cyclops.
Speaker 4: And haven't got to have their situation. So whether Shay are or Shire.
Speaker 3: Come back, so yeah, we ain't got time for all that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they got to do a lot in sits or doing nothing sits to set up a third season.
Speaker 2: But they've already said that it was renewed, okay for a third season, So they got a long ways to go before these motherfuckers actually pop up in the movies. So they're trying to milk this, you think, So, yeah, they have at least another year, right.
Speaker 3: That's what all the trailers is about the X Men. Well yeah, but is that the Is that? Okay?
Speaker 2: So I guess this is another thing where I start getting confused. Is that X Men the same as this X Men.
Speaker 1: I'm not thinking they are, Okay, I think they're different at these two different timelines. But I thought that they said the X Men ninety seven played into the move was going to play into it.
Speaker 3: If they did say that, I thought I read this.
Speaker 2: I feel like I heard that too, but I just it doesn't. I thought that these X Men that are in the ninety seven show, those are the ones that are gonna pop up after Doomsday. Once Doomsday is all wrapped up, we're gonna be left. Because they said they're going to recast the X Men.
Speaker 1: Well they are and they I saw an announcement on Discussing Films as one of those sites that said they have made it known that the S Men movie will drop after that. Yeah, yeah, so I saw that this morning. So it is official, right, what team is or what version that?
Speaker 4: I do not know.
Speaker 2: I feel like the version that's going to pop up is going to be this version of X Men ninety seven. The X Men that's gonna be in Doomsday are the old Fox X Men that they're gonna go ahead and wipe out.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, jack shit, I'm probably wrong, but that's what I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: Okay, that that could work. That could work.
Speaker 2: But they still not gonna kill Magneto. He's gonna be in the further X Men. He has to be not not McCullen or whatever. But it'll be another version of Magneto guaranteed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: They're gonna be in Doomsday, not necessarily the X Men ninety seven characters, but X.
Speaker 3: Men will be in a doomsday all right, what.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ, Bro, just wrap it up.
Speaker 3: You missed all.
Speaker 2: You missed all we said all that, Bro and more. Well, I was just confirmed. Okay, thank you the reiterator Rod.
Speaker 4: Hey, we're gonna leave it there, man, we catch you guys. That's time we out. Peace, please,