Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the Fame Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: I'm hot the evening. My name is Mike. Next to me, I have Spike crossing Spike. I have Ken. Next to Ken, I have Rod, and.
Speaker 2: We are talking about the newest installment in the Scream franchise.
Speaker 1: This is Scream seven.
Speaker 2: This one stars Nev Campbell, McKenna Grace Isabelle May And that's all we're gonna talk about for right now. Do a quick going around the room. Spike, did you like this film? No, that's what I think. I am a friend, I'm a fan of the franchise. They just I feel like this was just disrespectful. Disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to suspend so much belief for like we're just regular stuff in the movie.
Speaker 1: It was like, come on, bro, all right, I can't wait to get to this. Ken. Did you like this movie? I did? Yeah, Yeah, I enjoyed it. I didn't have any issues with it.
Speaker 4: I mean a couple of things here and there, you know, but nothing major to take me out of the movie all that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, Rod, did you like this movie?
Speaker 5: I thought it was gonna be better now that Nev Campbell was back but yeah, that was a disappointment. Yeah, because it's I don't think it was better than the last one. Oh yeah, I don't think it was better than the last one.
Speaker 2: All right, I I was fine with it. I had a good time with this movie. I will explain why in a second. I do want to lead with I did not I didn't know anything about the controversy. I'll say that right now. I knew nothing about the controversy.
Speaker 1: People are reviewed BOYD because of the controversy. With go ahead, mart.
Speaker 2: Yes bless of Barrera who played Sam in the last movie. She was General Tega's sister. She came out as being pro Palestine, and they fired her.
Speaker 1: I did not know any of this until like a day or two ago. So they fired her.
Speaker 2: And after they fired her, Jenner or Tega was like, well, fuck.
Speaker 1: Y'all, I'm out too.
Speaker 2: So people have been protesting the movie. Now, they didn't protest that my theater. But yeah, that I didn't know anything about the controversy. But yes, people were pushing if you are a pro Palestine advocate, do not go see the film. Interesting, So I probably would not have gone to see the film had I known that. So I did not know that. That's the point they were fired. She was fired and then Buddy quit. Okay, who's pro so the films are no. Melissa Barrera who played Sam in the last movie, she was supposed to be in this movie, but she came out as pro Palestine and was fired. Then Jenna Ortega was also supposed to be in it, but when she found out that Melissa Brera was fired, she said, I'm not in it then, fuck y'all. So that's why the movie shifted and they pulled Nev Campbell back in because originally Nev Campbell was supposed to be in the others, but she wanted too much money, so they were like, no, fuck you get these other two actors. So then they had to go back on their word because they lost their stars. So they had to go back to Nev Campbell groveling and be like, all right, we'll pay you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did not know that, like, because I was wondering why they weren't in this one. Yeah, that's why. Okay, that's why. Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, after after saying all of that, I will tell you right now the reason I think I enjoyed this movie so much. At the Morrow Theater, I was sat next to this fabulous, flamboyant gay man who made the movie a million times matter because every time some shit happened, this Negro, bitch, you've been a run Oh my god, the whole and I don't even like motherfucker's talking.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be his friend. It works, this Negro. One time, I swear God, y'all, he was like, oh in the chair, Oh, I was dying, dying.
Speaker 5: It's like seeing somebody on the Scary Riders. Yeah, yeah, yeah, That's what I'm saying. Sometime that shit work in the movies, man, Like yeah, if it's something that you wouldn't get a really really pay attention to, like that, man, it works.
Speaker 2: It worked perfectly because there was no real deep plot, but anytime anything happened, like when they would reveal something.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, oh, and he was by himself. I was like, this does you all day? I fuck with this dude. He was killing me.
Speaker 2: But real quick I learned that this was most people's experience with this film. M My buddy Alaska that y'all met, did a video with him. He had me in tears. He said that when he went saw it when the little mixed twins when they were getting jacked up.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: Somebody from the audience yelled out, tap into your black side.
Speaker 1: There I was in real tears. Tears. I'm telling y'all right now, movies like this, you have to go see it with black people. You have to. You have to.
Speaker 4: So you went tomorrow six o'clock. I was there, but I was. I got my ticket to late.
Speaker 1: No. No, I didn't think he did it because he had to go to his kids thing. They canceled it.
Speaker 4: Oh, so they canceled it. So and I was like, man, dude, I want to go because all the seats were gone.
Speaker 1: Yes, they they sold out quick. So I had to see it.
Speaker 4: Right when you walk up the stairs, I did yeah, because people were I said, people dressed.
Speaker 1: Up yep, yep.
Speaker 4: So I was like, man, forget it because all they had was a fifteen nine fifteen.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to go to that lake. I was like, fuck it, I'm gonna just go ahead and pick sits. I just sit whatever.
Speaker 4: So right when you walk up the stairs, like and make that first turn, I was like, right on that row. So I had to just pick one of the seats that were open. So I was kind of really close but the dude, I didn't hear him, but so, but I know exactly what you're going about. The reaction and experience with the crowd was there, Yes, definitely towards the end. There was a moment at the end where everybody just reacting and I was sending there a laughing.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have heard him though he was killing me. I guess he wasn't scream screaming.
Speaker 2: He wasn't like Hollered, Like he was talking loud enough to where at least I can hear him, and I guarantee the role in front of him can hear it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people were definitely audible throughout the Yeah, I didn't have audible people the only uh, but yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: In the beginning of the Girl and That's Me chump, they had a pretty good jump scare my whole he was like that too. But yes, it was. It was a good crowd. It was, it was. It was. It was a good crowd. It was a fun movie, at least for me. I feel bad for y'all. I hated it.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, the movie starts out in Woodsboro and we meet Scott, who is a huge STAB movie fan.
Speaker 1: Actually, before I get real quick. Have you seen other scream movies? She said, you're the franchise, right, yeah? Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: All right, and we meet this girlfriend, Madison as they visit the house of Stu Macher, and of course they're killed while they're in the house.
Speaker 1: Spike, where'd you think how this went down?
Speaker 3: I thought it started solid, like it gave a good traditional scream starting. I was familiar with the girl, so I was like, I know she's gonna get killed because she ain't that popular yet. But I do know who she is because I watched her and she was in Land. You wouldn't have watched the show that she played it. It's with Billy Bob Thornton. But yeah, killed in the person. Yeah, yeah, she's up and coming. Though I think she is nixt like she has a sense of I see the trajectory there. But yeah, I like the beginning, all the stuff work. I liked them wrinting it out as an Airbnb. I thought all of that was though. What about y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually liked the opening. I was like, okay, cool, cool, I like I like this, this is good solid.
Speaker 4: You thought it was solid. I thought it was a good opener. Thought they always talking.
Speaker 1: Probably the best part of the movie. Se movies opened up really well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because yeah, I love the open. I was like, oh, we were back. I think we went for a good time here. And I mean the way they did it, the way they built up the suspense. You you're seeing things, so you're kind of hallucinating with how they set certain things up right, like and when they were in the kitchen talking and you just saw the the ghost.
Speaker 1: Face in the back and you're just waiting on it to move. It never moves. They're like fucking with you. Yeah, you know, I thought all that was great. I thought the girl that killed I thought she.
Speaker 4: Was fantastic because she was a fucking athlete.
Speaker 1: Bro. She was ride, she was she was running hard. She really wanted to live.
Speaker 4: But I knew she was gonna die the way she died because she said it out loud. I was like, God, damn, you should have said that. What uh that's a horrible way to go, burned alive. Oh yeah, And I was like, they're gonna, they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Roast their ass.
Speaker 4: But I love the fight that she show, like she really fought, she kicked hard and everything else. She jumped on the chandelier and stuff like that, and the way she died I thought was good too.
Speaker 1: So no, I thought the opening was really really dope. Yeah, the openings are always good. Yeah, Oh did you try to go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So then we go to Pine Grove and this is where we catch up with Sidney Prescott, who has a whole ass family. She now has a husband, Mark and her kid, Tatum. So was it cool seeing Sidney again? And what do you think about these two new characters Spike Tatum was her daughter Husban I hadn't seen before. It was cool seeing Sidney. Uh, I ain't never watch that, but I am taking away your white show card right now. I know that the boyfriend looked I mean they were making it obvious as far as like who they were going to point to, So they kind of annoyed me in the beginning. But it was cool seeing her family, like the typical teenage daughter relationship with mom.
Speaker 1: So that was cool set up. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I thought the boyfriend, the cousin, and the boyfriend was great for those reasons.
Speaker 1: The media. Yeah yeah, I mean you're gonna think it's him, but he looks too white. Yeah, that's the way he popped up in the window. It's like, yeah, I mean, but he was.
Speaker 4: But it was dope because he was doing it deliberately, making fun of like because he knew what the mom was. So I love the intentionality there that they showed with with that and kind of paying tribute a special for foes that were you know, especially you know, I guess I don't know if they thought about the fan event or whatever, but I thought that that was dope. I think the daughter was great in terms of being annoying, you know, because she was supposed to do that.
Speaker 1: She was supposed to be this child, and they did a good job of explaining.
Speaker 4: Why for those of us they have kids, when you understand that for those of theirs that that were a kid, they remember those times so and and just wanted to know more about her mom. And I thought that they did a good job of kind of setting up what would eventually be what the running story would be. But it's very stereotypical, and I don't think anything wrong with that because it's a fucking horror movie. So I think, you know, keeping it this way for a scream works.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was still good at this moment. Yeah, it was good to see Nev Campbell.
Speaker 1: Why you're laughing this moment. Yeah, Yeah, Like I said, it was good to see Nev Campbell. I was. I was just suspecting a little bit more. But I like the role that she's in now as a parent.
Speaker 5: You know how the daughter was calling her a hypocrite and things like that, so so nah, that that was that was good to see.
Speaker 1: I was still feeling it at this point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like this scene a lot because it actually mirrors what happens in the first in the first screen movie the dude crawling into Nev Campbell's window, so now we're seeing it from I think it was even in the first scream. I can't remember if it was her father or her mother comes in the room and bust the guy in the room, so it was like the entire thing, but now it's Nev Campbell as the adult having to bust in the room and catch.
Speaker 1: Because name was Ben high and behind the back. So yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 2: We also see that that Tatum kind of wants to know more about Sydney's past, but Sidney doesn't want to talk about it, which makes sense. But let's go ahead and get to the first uh, the first kill of the new class. So Sidney gets a call from ghost Face reveals himself to be a scarred up stumacher, which that had the entire audience screaming, uh this before he realizes that he's outside of the theater where Tatum is at play practice. So ghost Face shows up and takes out two of the students, including uh Tatum's friend Hannah.
Speaker 1: Anybody can go what did y'all think of how this part went down?
Speaker 5: Here we go with this AI ship? Because I knew he wasn't still alive. I was like, he's no way this guy is still alive and they just brought him back.
Speaker 1: It's a slight possibility that he was alive, but.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is probably AI. Somebody somebody's using AI. So that was that was annoying.
Speaker 1: The kills at the school weren't bad. They weren't bad.
Speaker 5: When she had when he had a suspended and she was just kind of going back and forth fingus slicing at her ass and what was the other one? The other one was killed off camera?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so yeah, the main one was when it was Hannah was Hannah. Yeah, so she was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 5: I love I how scream does that like they don't take themselves too seriously.
Speaker 1: So I do like that about them. So I think I'm still slightly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think those are after all of these years, them having that sort of dialogue in there makes sense because people have watched a lot of scared movies right now, and I like that they're kind of writing in dialogue that what seemed more realistic that people would say something like what the fuck like they would that seemed very realistic to me.
Speaker 1: I would say, expect to see a.
Speaker 4: Lot of commentary in movies about AI is the thing that art is going to take his opportunity to push against, and it kind of or you know, for whatever I really want to message it. So it makes sense given that we're living in this day and age, you know. So AI was way more prevalent at the end versus like in being it was they they made a point to say a deep fake and maybe deep fakes were AI two when they were really really popular. But yeah, I mean, I think they did a good job of because we've seen killers come back when they kind of wreck concert and things. So for them saying that in the newscast that it's a possibility that Stumacher is still alive, and then us seeing him in our minds knowing there's no fucking way he's alive. But I think they did a good job of planning that seed of doubt, yep. And so I thought that that was great. But the kill was great. I was still rooted for Hannah. I don't know why thought she was gonna make it, but man, the way he was torn with her, and then when he just turned around and just gutted her and Carla guts filled out, I was like, yo, Like, okay, y'all, y'all, are y'all.
Speaker 1: Thought about this one? So I thought that was dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I had I had a good time with this kill and should I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know if Stue Marker was live or not. I mean I thought about it. I did too.
Speaker 2: I didn't know a TV fell on his face that probably I could see somebody living through that.
Speaker 1: So once they presented it, I thought it may be a possibility. I was like, you too, right.
Speaker 3: I didn't want them to go at an AI route, but I get why they tried to modernize it.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the theater killings dumb. Sorry, I just didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Man, maybe it was the theater that I was in, because as she was talking about the the experience, like I went to one of them studio movie grills, and it seemed like it.
Speaker 1: Was I was gonna go by work.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: Bougie, it sold out. Go to this one. I'm never going again.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to because it was like consistently bustling, like it like shit never settled down and let you get into the movie, Like people was talking and waiters was coming in and out of shit. So that's kind of probably what messed up my experience as well. But I don't know. I was instantly annoyed even with this this killing. So no, this killing was tight.
Speaker 2: When he was slicing her ass up, I was like, oh shit, damn. And that's her best friend too. So yes, they head home to pack so they can get the fuck out of town. But ghost Face is actually hiding in the attic, which I knew he was there.
Speaker 1: I knew he was I knew he was fucking there.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: He captures Tatum and holds her at nine point, but then Officer Mark goes into action. Man, let me tell you this, three we just fucking accelerates.
Speaker 1: Why cops are fucking useless. This dude fucked. He fucking sucked.
Speaker 5: God god d kicking his ass real he got knocked out, phone down the stairs. Oh god, this got a whole mask over with a fucking gown.
Speaker 1: You get your ass hand and then once you found out who it is that was whipping his hands. What man, this was a kid. I hate cops. This is why, why the fun? You couldn't do ship to protect your family? He tried, he tried, He got some good licks. It just wasn't enough because I was like, man, ain't gonna let Mark go out?
Speaker 5: Like where's your gun? Where's your taser? He couldn't shoot nothing.
Speaker 1: The motherfuckers can shoot. Man, you a cop. He put his gun down, Remember, but where's your taser?
Speaker 5: At Billy Billy Club like something, I thought.
Speaker 4: The like the visual cues and look like I don't know if they've been practicing that ship spike or not, but he was like drop or something like that.
Speaker 1: That was dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was dope. And then but I felt like I'm with you. I felt like they should have been more prepared. I love the idea though, sort of a modern they thinking let's get the fuck up out of here. We ain't gonna stay here. We're gonna pack and we're gonna get where's your emergency pack ship, Let's go, let's.
Speaker 1: Bounce, let's let's stay around for the bullshit. He just went let them. Yeah. I mean that's what they was doing in the last movie too. They were trying to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they found out what was going on in yeahause most of the motherfuckers stay around and ship like that.
Speaker 1: It's just like, Noah, get the leave.
Speaker 4: But when that motherfucker, I was like, cops, sorry again, y'all didn't check the fucking attic. He said, We're gonna sweep the building. But when that motherfucker pull that damn.
Speaker 1: Ship down and can they all lost their jobs?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: What how lock well? How long had the person been in the attic? Because remember they said they was looking at the video for the last three days and they ain't see nobody going there.
Speaker 1: Y'all remember you remember, Remember I'm saying that.
Speaker 3: But he was done with the Newspeople to the dog. I think theater, nah, he said the addict. He said, I've been looking at the home footage over the attic for the last three days, and I didn't see anybody go in the house, but it was well, I can get to what it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I believe you, but I don't remember that part.
Speaker 4: But yeah, but he came back at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get we'll get there. He's still a whole. No, not at the end end. But like this scene. Oh yeah, you said, Okay, yeah, because I want to talk about the scene where they're in the walls.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's what you would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: After they go to the safe with this part pissed me off, and my man next to me was mad too. He's like, bitch, why are y'all leaving the safe for him. Think funk that your husband's sorry, it's over.
Speaker 2: But yes, they go to the safe room and they both decide that they're gonna go out to say fucking punk ass mark and this leads them through the walls. So did y'all like this scene?
Speaker 1: Because I want this one of the worst scenes.
Speaker 3: So unbelievable, Like, bro, how is he hearing them through the walls and doing exactly where they didn't know?
Speaker 1: Close? Like I didn't understand the wall he was going.
Speaker 2: But we don't know, don't. I wasn't the neighbor. This was the guy from the middle institution.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but you're right, you're right where he's at. Made definitely made sense. I didn't think so physics, Spike, I didn't think so.
Speaker 3: Like if somebody was behind that wall, like y'all ain't gonna know where to stay up?
Speaker 1: Then he and the.
Speaker 4: Sound changes because of because the body there, yes, and getting on the floor.
Speaker 1: Some that's their fault.
Speaker 4: It's hard to get well, I mean, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't get the physics part up. I never took physics. I was joking about physics. Physics. So the premise was he was. It sounded hollow.
Speaker 2: You've never seen that movies where they where they try to find that there's a room behind the wall that knocked.
Speaker 1: Hollow and then like, oh, ship, Okay, that's where the thing is.
Speaker 3: I've seen it in movies, but I thought the whole like that whole space was hollowed out.
Speaker 1: So like, how did he know exactly where they were to stay? Because he knocked here and then he knocked here and he heard and.
Speaker 4: I think he heard some of them made a noise or something happened for it to alert him.
Speaker 1: Well, I was still like, you said, they should have stayed in the damn safe room.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's all I was. That was at the end of it. Yeah, I'm like, where y'all going through the damn wall right now? Y'all know he's still right there.
Speaker 1: Well, they didn't know yet that he was still. They making noise and they were trying to make they were talking, and Ship he was.
Speaker 4: She was telling Tatum to be quiet and try to be as quiet as poperb So people be the loudest when you're telling somebody that shut the up.
Speaker 1: Tatum was annoying in this scene, but I did not like this scene. Oh my god. Yeah, I was like, why they're not standing in the safe room?
Speaker 4: Like god, we all asked our question, asked that question. But when when they got to Ben that motherfucker, I was like, yo, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that part was kind of intense, but I was already annoyed by man, that's the beginning of the movie.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm saying when he when just the fact that they were all period took them to these two out, it.
Speaker 1: Seem like it took them for ever to get cross that fucking walk. Yeah, just go.
Speaker 2: Let's just if you move loud and they really know you already know at this point to just move. He was stabbing anywhere he think they might be, but if they made a bunch of noise, he would really know where they were. I love this scene, man, I especially like when she banged the knife.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's smart as fuck.
Speaker 4: Yep, she she And you know what what I liked about that is gonna It shows her experience and now he's he no longer has a weapon, so they were free to scurry on about it exactly.
Speaker 1: So now that ship was dope.
Speaker 5: And even when I got man bro y'all, I also was annoyed before, Like, if you already knocked him out, just make sure he's fucking out at that point.
Speaker 1: I don't have to get her daughter safe first. Yeah, but you already knocked him out that big ass pipe. Just fucking keep knocking his ass out. You hit him one time and then that's it. Yeah, it's like, come on, y'all.
Speaker 3: I was that was a no one, like he was like a superhero, Like this is a regular dude. But yeah, but he's all there.
Speaker 2: He's always coming back, and this is the first time he's come back and gone after Sydney's family. Her her first check it out. Go see what happened while you talking right, yea bad Go see what happens.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I thought it was cool, man. I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Cool because she's panicking. She's panicking. She's like, he's coming after my family. He knocked my whole ass husband out. I gotta get my daughter out of here.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 4: I did too. I thought it was I thought it was dope. I love the tension and you know, uh and just the fear on their face. So yeah, and she definitely need to go to her husband because the way he got.
Speaker 1: She divorced his ass. He's sorry as hell. I need to go save him, save us. He can't.
Speaker 2: So after they get out the walls, we see ghost Faces is going toe to toe with Oh my God. And after he beats Mark ass a little bit more, Mark gets lucky and tosses them in the street where he's run over by Gail.
Speaker 1: Now it looks like I don't know the bad air of Michael Jackson. That's the first thing I said. God damn, she got old, bro.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's not old. That's plastic surgery. That's white classic surging. Yeah, because she was alright in the last one, she looked.
Speaker 1: Crazy. You look crazy in the last one.
Speaker 2: She has looked crazy since, Like Scream five that she fucking she got all that plastic surgery looks nuts. She has a whole different face. If you look at her from Scream four to Scream five, it's a different human. She looks like Michael Jackson. I know it's different, but yeah, I didn't think it was that bad. Oh, I did this one Scared Happies and.
Speaker 1: This one I did. I don't feel like I thought it was that bad than the last one.
Speaker 2: Well, and she's also with the two off white twins from the last two movies. Was it cool to see Gail a k Michael Jackson again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was always like, Gail, wait, what are y'all talking about? If you get I know he played Michael Jackson And god ah, you thought Courtney Cass played Michael Jackson some movie about the two black people? Will him? I thought about the dude did? I was like, what kind of Michael Jackson Field? Don't worry about I got it, Bro. It was.
Speaker 4: It was dope saying, you know, show up because I didn't know who it was when when he when they so when she popped up out of that van like a superhero, of course you were there.
Speaker 1: The reaction was Yeah, it was really dope. Hell yeah because because Bro, Yeah I was. I was because I was concerned for Mark Bro. I thought he was gonna get it me too.
Speaker 2: He was going he was choked out the same again by hitting the ghost face with the mail box.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, but but it was good seeing the Wonder Twins back again. You don't like him, I hate them, oh my god, and I hate them even more after this movie. I like him.
Speaker 2: They get stabbed up every movie and die bro At least they gave Gail nerve damage.
Speaker 1: These are kids, Yeah, they bounce back quick. Now.
Speaker 4: But that that that black guy, he was in a hard eyes I think have you seen that? Yeah, yeah, he was in hard eyes.
Speaker 1: I know I recognized him. I just couldn't place from where. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it took me a minute to place in his face. But I'm like, oh because the voice and I remember he was in that. And I don't like him. I don't like either. He is kind of a weird actor. I can't quite put my finger on what it is about him. But I've seen a girl before I had never seen him. She's in yellow jackets. That's how. That's what I know. He played in a legal show on ABC too. It's good, not that it was all right.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we see Gail again and they discover that the killer's name is Carl Gibbs and he's recently escaped from mental institution. So after getting another call from Stu Macher, they decide to do some investigating and they go to the mental institution. They speak with this dude named Marco who revealed was that Stumacher used to live in the institution and went by Joe sorry John Doe because he couldn't remember his past after almost being killed. So, Rod, are you telling me that they didn't fool you at all into thinking that Stumacher was back?
Speaker 5: No, I mean that part makes you think, okay, maybe, But I still was just like, I know they're gonna use the AI shit.
Speaker 1: I know they are, so I just yeah, I just I just never fully believed it, never fully believed it.
Speaker 2: I I.
Speaker 1: What I was, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, damn, this motherfucker really alive, you know, like they said, oh, yeah, that's Joe.
Speaker 1: They were talking like they knew this motherfucker, like he was there, like he lived there for years.
Speaker 4: So it all made sense, and I'm like, man, there's no way this dude can be alive. How can he be alive?
Speaker 1: Are they sure they seen him?
Speaker 4: I still don't have a real good explanation about this part, which maybe we can figure out it out together if they explained it later on in the movie. But which part Joe Joecher what he was lying?
Speaker 1: That guy was the guy? He's a Marco was the killer? Yeah? That was the crill that was. But they showed a picture of Marker's face though lying he was just lying to come up for himself.
Speaker 4: Okay, so where where I was confused? So when they showed him, but they showed them a video.
Speaker 1: Of a picture of St.
Speaker 4: Marker's face, And how the hell do they think this other motherfucker that don't look like Macher?
Speaker 1: What then y'all explaining circle was you want to know? You go the dude who worked at the cyclone. They said he's seen John Doe he was the killer. So he just lied. He was like, oh yeah he's been here on you know what. Y'all totally missed that. Yeah we know, Yeah, I told you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait for you to I use what Mike told me. I ain't believe this story to to what you were saying, it's unreliable narrator.
Speaker 1: Who is this dude? It works like he just looked creepy and weird, Like I don't believe this dude.
Speaker 2: They have me like like like cancer earlier that it's that little bit of doubt when he said, oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, John, they're like John who like John Doe.
Speaker 2: He didn't have a memory, which he wouldn't have a memory if you got fucking TV, Like, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Is he really back? This really is Stu.
Speaker 5: I was I was all in the movie. So he got all his memory back just all like that. He fully functional and animated.
Speaker 1: Just it's bro, if there's any chance you're watching this, just please understand. I love you. You made this movie so much better for me. But yes, they have me.
Speaker 2: They fucking had me. Were y'all sad? I'm gonna start with Ross and you, like cops, Were you sad? The officer, dumbfuck get killed by fucking ghost face after going into the renovation part of the house by himself because the motherfucker heard a noise.
Speaker 5: Bro, he was so untrained. Jesus this man, I'm backing up into like into corners.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what are you doing? Oh my god, what are you doing? She was the dumbest cop, the dumbest cop. Yeah. Yeah, he deserved to die.
Speaker 4: It was stupidity, it was arrogance, it was lack of proper training, right, all this like it was everything because he didn't question a thing. Nothing that was often that the garages up maybe about and eight us all the way, like did you let it up? Did Tatum let it up?
Speaker 1: You called out Tatums names attack Tatum wasn't there. You've been attacked. You're walking through this plastic.
Speaker 4: You ain't doing any cop nothing, you gun out yet. No, but the way they have ghost Face showed up and faint and stuff like that. Bro, everybody was like, because they did that, man, Yeah that's him, he said, because they did that before in another part of the movie.
Speaker 1: I think at the at the theater, was at the house at the beginning of the yeah where oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I think he was well anyway, it don't matter, but yeah, they did that nice and then.
Speaker 1: He got fucked. He did They did do it in the costume room. Yeah, he came. Yeah, they did all that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so I was like, dang, bro, they really gonna do my man Mark like that. The Yeah, not rooting for him, but I felt I felt. I felt bad for the wife.
Speaker 1: And the daughter. Oh sure, but Mark was getting on my nerves. He deserved it. Yeah, damn man, they're gonna be sad, right, We'll get to that.
Speaker 2: So Sydney agrees to be interviewed by Gail Live as a way to lure Stu Mocker out. But while this is happening, ghost Face shows up at the tavern where Tatum and all her friends as well as uh, Chad and Mindy, which are the little mixed twins, And yeah, I think she got them all there because Chad and Mindy told her to gather all of her friends to see if they can figure out how the killer is.
Speaker 1: But while they're there, ghost Face takes out my girl. Chloe.
Speaker 2: Spike was as cool as all. This is the one where he slammed her on the bar and dragged it out of the bond.
Speaker 1: Got. No, that wasn't cool. I didn't. I don't know, it was this extra like.
Speaker 3: I didn't like that the set up was so easy, like even how he knew she was at the tavern because nobody in there was associated with the killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come to find out, So how did they wear the sun? Oh? Okay?
Speaker 2: And then thought he really? Oh, you're right, you're right, you're right. Okay, No, never mind, all right, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Roger, you like this scene. I'm going to ask the job suspect anybody at this point? Yeah, I thought it was Then I thought it was your son and the boyfriend.
Speaker 4: I didn't think it was the sun because I think the one of the one of the twins, I forgot her name.
Speaker 1: She did a good job of saying that they want you to think it's the mister. She did so, but I thought the mister act was a mystery exactly. I was like, the same thing. Yeah, but yeah, so because it was too obvious or however she said, But he did. He did play that creepy look. Oh yeah they do from GENV right, Yeah, yeah, the brother. I did like the.
Speaker 5: How the brother was just like I thought, we said, we want to go and do this, and she's like, oh, yeah, that's right, and she started explaining it anyway, because.
Speaker 1: I always liked when they do that, that's that's like a scream thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a scream thing. You gotta have that person that does that. So I did like that she continued to do that. The kills in this one, we're only talking about the Chloe. Only talking about the Chloe one. Cloyd.
Speaker 5: Uh, that's when he drive across the bar. I want too mad at this one. I want too mad at this one. Yeah, this one was fine.
Speaker 2: I didn't care about this one because it was like, you kind of killed her by accident, Yeah kind of.
Speaker 1: Right. The next kill, this was my favorite kill from the whole movie. I saw that.
Speaker 2: This is some Mike ship that's what I said in the man that beer top killed. Of course it's unrealistic and it's ridiculous, but it was so good.
Speaker 1: And it's because that's how she was to pick him up like that. I don't think it was her. I think it was the guy. I thought that could have been. But even if it was him, how's he picking him up by his head? But he didn't matter. It's a horror movie.
Speaker 3: The guy was at the asylum still, I would assume, because he had just met with those with them the asylums, I would I didn't think that, And of course we don't know, but I thought, no.
Speaker 1: They both they both were out at this point. Yeah, because of the next scene that will get you in the second. They have to be both out.
Speaker 2: But nah, man putting his head on a fucking beer tap and then I was like, oh, the beer has come out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: It has and it did. Oh it sound laughed beer. It was so good. Man haters, Yeah, I'm definitely a hater. That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yes, why wouldn't it because he just put the ship on his head, like the back of his head, so it went all the way through and it just came out of his mouth.
Speaker 1: Look, y'all really watching scream like thisesn't.
Speaker 3: So much belief, Like I'm cool with a little got me all the way in left field, like all right.
Speaker 5: Because terrified me doing some crazy ship. But I could actually see some of that ship happened, So it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, make it a little bit believable. Since you're speaking of terrifier. I did.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Alaska about this, and yeah, they they took a lot of their their beats from terrorizer.
Speaker 1: That was very very very clear.
Speaker 2: And this this, this beer tap one was the terror I was like, oh, this is totally terrifier. Yeah, totally terrifier. But I still loved it.
Speaker 1: Some haters, bro.
Speaker 2: It would only been better if she fucking caught some of it and was like, you know, this buds for you or something, This bud's for you, all right. So after Tatum accuses her fucking little weird ass boyfriend of being a killer because he has his on the laptop, he so I eventually we do find out that he was not the killer obviously, so I guess he was trying to see if it's possible that's what he was.
Speaker 1: So weird.
Speaker 2: It was definitely weird, but that was his excuse, she busts him in his face twice, knocks him out, and then she runs away before running into the actual ghost Face, and then ghost Face ends up killing her boyfriend and chases her into the Little Latte, which is the store that the coffee shop that Nev Campbell Sydney owns. So, before I get into what y'all thought about the whole sequence of Sydney having to talk Tatum through shooting ghost Face before she's ultimately taken hostage, did you hear.
Speaker 1: My man on this one? Because he goes, how the fuck does he know the call girl? I think I did hear that, Like, dude was killing me. I did hear that because I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't make anything. I wanted the same, How the fun do they know the car? But I guess if it was heard and maybe this dude was talking to every character on this fucking screen.
Speaker 2: But so, yeah, what did y'all think of the whole thing about her having to talk Tatum through shooting ghost Face through the door?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Why? Because I was annoyed by her, Like why is she walking Tatum? No? Why is the why Nev walking? Because she was losing signal? No, why is she walking? To the beginning with why she caught her car? Why did she call the police and tell him to go? Because she left Gail at the news day she didn't trust her anymore. Okay, but where was her car? She tried to she couldn't get in the car have a car, and so she was trying to talk her and walk her through it. Why are you stopping? Just keep going? She couldn't.
Speaker 3: She was losing signal. Remember she took a step and she lost signal, so she had to go back. She wanted the video to work, That's why she stopped. But I'm like, you can at least call the police, though they're gonna get that the police, call a real poland keep the.
Speaker 1: Phone.
Speaker 4: So on one, I'm saying she didn't know Mark was dead, and she figured Mark would eventually get the call.
Speaker 3: Like I kind of get that, though they made this so difficult, like it was convenient killing, like people were acting.
Speaker 1: She could have just stayed in the room. He couldn't get it. Who who could have stayed? He was busting was gonna get to do all this? In front of the door. She had in front of the door was.
Speaker 5: A desk and like all she had in front of the door was a desk in a chair.
Speaker 1: This just picked up some god by his head and drop. You think he didn't get get it? You could get through You could have pushed that stuff through force. You could get through a door.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: You're saying, you're there by the time, and you got a gun in the time, and you got a gun, and by the time you get.
Speaker 1: Through that door.
Speaker 4: But she did, she made and she don't She didn't want to shoot him. She didn't even know how to use the gun. And then she came through the door. He could have shot her, but she didn't have the confidence and she didn't.
Speaker 1: To use a gun. If she waited until he actually got in the room. In the room what he says, he got to creak through that.
Speaker 5: I don't think she had enough confidence, like Ken said, to do that. But you shot him through a wall though, yes, with the help of her mother because she because the mother could see the video on the other side. All of that, y'all just would be like, I know it was ridiculous, but I liked it.
Speaker 1: It was ridiculous. She does not have to shoot this guy through the wall, y'all. She has to wait until he comes in the room to at least you can see him. Not necessarily you can ask somebody, tell you how I got, y'all? They did, that's fine, they got was fine. It made wait so y'all.
Speaker 4: Wait, So y'all mean to tell me that if if somebody, if you're talking to somebody on the other end and they can see visual video evidence of where somebody is, and they told you point wait, move over a little bit to the left, right.
Speaker 1: There, right there, and shoot now for somebody that shot a gun first.
Speaker 5: That's what's so difficultbout shooting a gun. She's never shot a gun before. You don't know how how the force of this bullet is gonna go through this wall. It could it could possibly get stuck in the wall. I was like, how the gonna shoot? As way to any questions?
Speaker 1: Way for a horror movie, That's what I'm saying. No, that's my point. You you know what walls are made of.
Speaker 4: These walls ain't made of ships.
Speaker 1: Gonna go through a wall, bro Yeah, it happens all the time in real life. Put a crowbar through a fucking wall. Y'all sound crazy? No, this doesn't sound crazy at all. Really, think you can't shoot through a wall. It's crazy. That's not what he's saying. That's not what I'm saying. The better option was to let him come through the door and shooting, not for someone that doesn't know how to shoot and is afraid of shooting. You could close your eyes and shoot at this motherfucker coming through the door. And we sound crazy.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, wait until ghost Face gets through the door, not getting you kind of work your way through that door because all this the barriers there.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna just walk through the door. He's going to have.
Speaker 2: If he's actually in the room with her, or the second she sees his face. Because look what she did in the very next scene. The very next scene explains exactly why Sidney did what she did. The second she went out there said shoot him in the face. What punk ass Tatum, dude, she freaked out dropped the gun.
Speaker 1: I can't believe y'all arguing this talk about it. I can't believe what counter argument is because.
Speaker 2: What happened the very next scene, So so what happened you don't even want to aren't seen this is.
Speaker 1: Want to argue either, because you'all wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't think what you're saying is illogical, right, It's not illogical.
Speaker 1: It's the most logical thing. It's not necessarily but but you can't say that what just happened isn't It's.
Speaker 5: Very it's very similar to the safe house ship. You could have easily stayed in the same house. You could have easily stayed in this moon. That's all I'm saying, the safe house ship.
Speaker 2: But if she's talking to her daughter, who's never shot a gun, is not confident with the gun, doesn't know what she couldn't even turn the fucking safety off, she's not gonna say, Okay at some point, baby girl.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get through the door.
Speaker 2: When he get through, when he gets a crack, shoot then no, because she knows her daughter is gonna be like, but she's like, look, shoot through the fucking calendar. That is the easiest option. And again, just like I keep saying, the very next scene, when he leaves out the room, all this punk ass little girl had to do the head what happens She doesn't do it because she's fucking she's scared. She freaks out, she drops the gun and has to run away. Sidney did the thing that makes the most sense because she knows her of a little punk ass.
Speaker 4: Daughter, which I thought was great. They kept shooting in the head thing that again, that's a great little trope.
Speaker 1: That their countery against. I thought that that was dope too.
Speaker 3: That was convenient. What was convenience shoot him in the head. They just said that so we would think that he like for the whole vest reveal later.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're not a fan of the franchise then, because they've been saying that since Scream one, you always have to shoot him in the head.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't seen the latest one. I don't remember it from the first. I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't remember it from there. But that's also a thing that people always say, they're never dead. You always shoot him in the head. When when did I just thought it was convenient. How was it that he had a vest on?
Speaker 1: So you are arguing with it? They always always and they never did when you just shoot them, right, Okay, every screen movie in the chest and you look over every single it's convenient. Like I just I don't what is wrong with y'all, y'all being overly critical for a goddamn Scream movie. I'm just annoying it's not even about overly critical, because y'all are fighting against what I'm saying. That's it. Because you don't think what we're saying also makes sense, right, because it doesn't. That's the issue you got to share to play. I don't, I don't understand. I don't. I don't understand. I feel I thought I think y'all needed my man, help my man.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I didn't even honestly why, I thought that that probably what they were gonna do. I didn't even think about shooting through the wall, and I was like, Yo, that made sense. Don't even give his motherfucker a chance to get through this motherfucker bro.
Speaker 1: Put his ass down through the wall. Ship Punisher did that? Ship his fucking sheep rock, Your boy, fucking Rick Gron did that. We're now we're trying to break into the fucking fan. He shot him through a wall.
Speaker 2: That's Rick's his sheet rock and foundation. No, it's just it's a cheap coffee shop.
Speaker 1: A bullet is going through a coffee You have to have foundational boards. Yeah boards. Who says he shot through a board? You could possibly shoot through y'all. Just y'all is exaggerating now, what'd you say the bull? Yeah, you're right, you know, you're right, You're right, You're right. There's probably I told you how Rob makes him longer?
Speaker 6: What uh?
Speaker 1: Where we at? Where we at? Where we're at?
Speaker 2: So she's taken hostage by the two ghost faces, which I thought they were gonna kill her.
Speaker 4: But then when they cut away out the broad real quick though, when that fucking second ghost face came.
Speaker 1: Around, everybody Maurice said, Oh, this was one of the best moments.
Speaker 4: It was because we were like, there's always too they said it earlier, there's always two, but it didn't seem like it was two, even though like the coffee, Like when they were attacking everybody in there, I'm like, wait a minute, when she when she got out of the car, when Tatum got in the car and there was a ghost face, why did gost face go back around to kill them?
Speaker 1: So I'm going that through my head. But when that motherfucker came around, it was like it was like, Oh, the whole places were.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, there's always two go except for in three I think it was three, where there was one dude, one guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's always two. So that shit was dope. Show up We're almost done here, y'all.
Speaker 2: So ghost Face calls Sidney to tell her that Tatam is being held hostage at home, similar to the original Tatum who she named her after.
Speaker 1: Now this is the part where I am with Rod. So she goes there and she finds a.
Speaker 2: Video message on the TV with ghost Face using AI to transform into various ghost faces.
Speaker 1: So I assumed nobody thought this was cool except Ki. No. Okay, I thought this was pretty lame. I mean, it makes sense.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say I thought it was cool, but they already use it in the movie, So I was like, all right, run with it.
Speaker 1: It was what it was at that point.
Speaker 2: But I guess at this point we know for a fact it's not stup Maker, right. Yeah, this was kind of lame.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Disappointed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, Scream always tries to make a reference to things that are happening in current thing, you know, current life or whatever.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there would have been a cooler way to tackle the whole AI message. This just seemed kind of lazy. Even the guy when they asked a guy about a h and.
Speaker 2: When he said, yeah, any humanity, Yeah, this just seemed lazy to me. It wasn't It wasn't enough to ruin the movie or anything. I was just like, that's kind of message how it felt. That's exactly how it felt. So we get outside and we see that ghost face. He has uh Tatum tied up, and he reveals himself as Marco, the guy from the Metal.
Speaker 1: Institution, And then I remember who apparently can forgot about. I completely forgot Marco.
Speaker 2: But after wheeling the stabbed up but still alive Mark, we see the other ghost face, revealed as Sydney's neighbor Jessica.
Speaker 1: Might did this work?
Speaker 3: No, damn, this is the worst ghost face revealing this franchise history of Scream.
Speaker 1: I just had already had to suspend so much belief in a lot of the ghost face.
Speaker 3: When he was even chasing out the Tatum to the coffee shop, I was like, all right, come on, bro, like this Superman or whatever it may be. But then when they showed me that it's the neighbor and the mom and she's saying, oh, well, I did my pilates and I've been in the gym, and that's supposed to be like me accepting her being this superhero villain throughout the movie.
Speaker 1: No, not doing it. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Rod, you already know I'm with him. Okay, this is like the worst in the franchise. Oh my god, I had worse than the franchise.
Speaker 1: The franchise.
Speaker 5: I think it's the worst of the franchise with them, I don't know, worse than the franchise.
Speaker 4: I have to remember them, honestly, I I do know that when because at this point I'm like, Okay, who the fuck is it? So since I didn't remember that other guy, I was like okay, and then it was her. I was like, I thought it was clever that they use her and killed the son to throw us off the scent. All that made sense, And they even tried to explain, oh well, he reminded me of his dad sort of thing, and wasn't that close anyway. She had the face of somebody that looked like they were gonna be up to some shit. So it wasn't surprising because it was when when they had the exchange coming out of the house, you know, she looked like she was I don't know, it was just something about her, and I was like, maybe the son and the mother are working together. And then they killed the son, so uh, and then they did the whole misdirection thing. So but it wasn't as I wasn't as excited about it, you know when it happened. But in terms of comparing it to the other those, I don't.
Speaker 1: I can't do that right now. So the institution guy was dating the mom. No, she she went to the institution. I tuned it out. What was his motive? She didn't even really have one, right, No, look I haven't, I haven't. We skipped over my.
Speaker 2: Opinion because I share yours. I think this is the worst revealing the entire friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, this the end. This part destroyed the movie for me because I was like, what are you serious? And it was because she was obsessed with it. Yeah, well, and she was a little bit deeper than that. So I do like, I think the motive could have worked. They did it better.
Speaker 2: She needed to be Sydney's friend for at least a couple of movies before this ending would have worked. I thought she was Kirby for the longest for the last like, no, damn Kirby. She looked like she did not look like Kurfy anyway.
Speaker 1: She did raise his ass. But yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: Kirby was fucked up in the last one, so I think she's not coming back. But yeah, so she was obsessed with Sidney and how Sidney always kills the bad guy.
Speaker 1: That was her thing.
Speaker 2: Her husband was a bad guy, so she killed the husband and then she got away with it. Then she killed the son because the son reminded her too much of the husband.
Speaker 1: I was done.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, this is fucking this is really stupid. So this part I did think that was kind of cool. So she thinks that Sidney has kind of lost the plot. She's no longer out to solve the killings. Instead, she's trying to stay away from the whole thing, which is why they kept making the meta jokes about how the last one was so bad because she was she wasn't in New York. I thought this was fucking awful. And the fact that the dad was still alive. I was like, this is fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Nobody seen him. Couldn't think I could buy.
Speaker 2: Them not seeing him cutting because he's on the ground and they're not looking at him. They're looking at Sydney. But regardless the dad being alive, I was like, Okay, this is ridiculous, and this killer makes no sense, makes no sense. So yeah, definitely worse than the franchise, including worse than the last reveal with the family of the guy that they killed. It was just I do think the reveal for this one, the killer reveal, was worse than the last film. This movie overall was better than the last film, but the Killer was just fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: It was just stupid. It was like, come on, bro, what are we doing? Y'all? Couldn't think of nothing else, nothing they had. Did you think they had an act to like Stumacher too? Yeah, she was like.
Speaker 2: But it was like you didn't even know Stumacher. So, like the whole John Doe thing was bullshit. So it's like, how did you even get all of this manner and stuff?
Speaker 1: It was like, this is dumb, this is dumb. Y'all fucked up. This is a cool movie for me, This is a cool movie.
Speaker 4: Until this, I was happy the cop was alive, but it didn't make any sense why he was alive because.
Speaker 1: They showed the slash.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, they killed him out it was nighttime, so it didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: But my thing, like, I was like, man, she don't been through enough, Like we don't fuck that I kill this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I won't argue against it, but I did feel bad for her and tATu. I'm like, damn, man, she's not you gonna lose somebody else, you know, but maybe maybe in this climate, didn't feel like killing the cop. But it didn't make sense why he was alive.
Speaker 1: I thought that That's more.
Speaker 2: What I thought is they were afraid to kill a cop in the climate that we're in right now. And I was like, y'all, some pussies kill the fucking cop. And y'all can quote me on that clip, chimpet y'all pussy killed.
Speaker 4: Because I was like, I was like, man, because when it happened, I was like, man, she gonna she's gonna be when she found out her husband did. And throughout the movie, it never kept coming around. They husband never was brought back up in any form of fashion.
Speaker 1: So it didn't.
Speaker 4: Surprise me that he was alive. It was just disappointed. Even though I was happy that he was live, I was just like, it doesn't make sense that he was alive.
Speaker 1: It didn't surprise me. Just pissed me off. I just thought they were cowards.
Speaker 2: But anyway, all right, So Tatum head butts Jessica from the chair bap, and this gives Sidney time to shoot Marco in the head, but then Jessica runs off. Sidney chases her down where they have a showdown fight where Sidney stabs her a bunch of times with a screwdriver before Tatum has to show up and shoot her.
Speaker 1: But again, what does Tatum not do?
Speaker 2: J doesn't shoot her in the head, so Jessica escapes for popping up on him again and then gets shot in the face like twelve times.
Speaker 1: So y'all didn't like this shit, neither, I said, shout her and they had that time. That was literally what I said. But that was yeah, that was it was fun. I did. I thought it was great. Yeah, yeah was fun. Mom daughter a moment. No, the mom daughter moment was fucking cringe cringe. Are you okay, Sydney? No, No, no, not that far, not that part that was terrible.
Speaker 2: You mean just to shoot just the shooting party, I'm with you, Sorry, Yes, the shooting was great because she learned, She finally.
Speaker 1: Fucking learned, and they shot her whole face off. Yeah, that ship was tight. That's what I'm talking about. That part just because but yeah, the part after that I thought was really cringe. It was really, really really cringey.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm Sydney fucking Prescott's daughter. It's like, bro, that's that's when that you know, that question we got earlier dialogue, that's that's dialogue.
Speaker 1: No dog, Like, what are we doing? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Gail shows up with the two off white twins and uh Mark all stabbed up with tons of holes and shit in him, he's taken away. Sidney says he trusts Gail, and it ends with Sidney basically telling Tatum why she named her after her friend Tatum the end, I'm gonna throw this out there.
Speaker 1: Was I the only one that at any point thought that Gail was the killer?
Speaker 2: Yes, I totally thought Gail was the killer because of the way Gail was acting during the interview and because they kept focusing on her having the shakes. So I thought at some point the killer was gonna be going after one of them and have a shake and she didn't realize it's Gail.
Speaker 1: But now that that didn't happen, I'm like, why are you focusing on the fact she got the shakes? Who cares? Probably just the show. Yeah, it's kind of like you mentioned about somebody else when they were there. Oh, when you talk about the twins, one of the twins. Yeah, they they showed up after getting stabbed again. I'm sick of this. I remember happening to her in the previous movie. Oh you didn't see us because she got she got stabbed in the and he dragged the knife up.
Speaker 2: There's no I mean, yes, I can suspend as much disbelief as the next guy.
Speaker 1: This is kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And the brother he got stabbed up hell of times in Scream five. He came back and screamed six, got stabbed hell of times again, and he's still fucking hanging out with these people. Yeah, he definitely tapped into his black side.
Speaker 1: And you need new friends.
Speaker 4: And they killed he and they mentioned it was like, I don't want to get stabbed again, but yet they still back there. But so, yeah, third times the charm I guess because because I think at this point, because I'm like, okay, we all knew they weren't dead, because we didn't see the kill the three.
Speaker 1: Times, not the this is the third time he's still alive. Well, yeah, I guess that's what I'm saying like, well, the opposite of that.
Speaker 4: But he got stabbed in the shoulder and then she got stabbed in the stomach, So I'm like, were you not trying to kill him?
Speaker 1: I think they just played dead.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they because they didn't come out of there because because their actions didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Why a y'all going back there? And Luke's dumb ass actionally then made sense.
Speaker 4: I got this, I got this, and he got stabbed, but nevertheless, I was happy that they were alive, and I think maybe they just didn't want to kill black people.
Speaker 2: I'm going to throw out a really ridiculous conspiracy there before he wrap up. The reason I think Lucas went in there is because Lucas knew it was his mom, and I think I think he didn't realize that his mom was gonna kill him.
Speaker 1: You think that was the mom or the guy that was doing the kill. I think that was I thought that was the guy in the well.
Speaker 2: He maybe I think he knew his mom was one of the killers at least, so he didn't think that he would be killed.
Speaker 1: It didn't make any sense when you just like, I got this, don't worry about it. I'm cool. I'll go in there first. Why Nope.
Speaker 2: But when his mom turns out to be the kill her, he probably thought, well, it's my mom and her accomplice. They're not gonna kill me. He didn't know his mom hated him because he fucking reminds her of the father. So that that's reconciled that part.
Speaker 1: I thought that was gonna be a fake Q. I did.
Speaker 2: I did too, until he was on the ground fucking all that ship and then they did the fucking dope ass beer tap killed that.
Speaker 1: Y'all hate him? Yeah, until they did that. But yeah, I don't know if y'all saw the credits. I left. Yeah, after credit scene, not after credits. End credits.
Speaker 5: So they had the two black ones. Well, it's just during the credits they had something going on.
Speaker 1: That's a mid credit. Yeah, mid credits. You said, end credits, he said, the credits, He said, end credit. He said, let's get to what it was. It wasn't because I don't know what I heard. Who's on first third? No, they just had to have her reporting. So they're saying that that's like a passing of the torch from.
Speaker 5: Gail to the new black Girl, because she was a movie during the credits what they had her going through them like she was actually reporting I'm glad I left, and yeah, they were just she was actually reporting, reporting what happened.
Speaker 1: So there was another scene with her doing reporting.
Speaker 5: Yes, Jordan, Yeah that probably wasn't cool, right, Nah, she was just messing up her lines and and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That's how it went. It went around you. No, he said, I'll get the tripod his voice. Yeah, So they're gonna be. They're gonna be in the movies. Basically, they're gonna care about So they're the new Gail, is what you're saying. She's a new Gail. So I don't know. If she's gonna die, then Gail needs to die, then they're gonna tell you. That's what I'm saying. I think they're passing the tows. I'm probably even knew that was Gail be Like, who the fuck are you? You think? I know we're rapping up. You think they're gonna kill Sydney at some point?
Speaker 2: So me and Alaska have this really, I haven't even said. Look, so Alaska's from the call Out Culture podcast. Make sure y'all go check that out. Good homies from Adam's family.
Speaker 1: His theory.
Speaker 2: I'm not even gonna claim it because he gave it to me and I borrowed it from him. His theory is it's gonna end with Sidney becoming the killer, which I fuck with that theory because she saw her mom get killed in front of her, and this whole thing has been all of these people have been dying because it's been ghost Face after her, and they keep hinting at her, the way she stabs and all that, They keep hinting that she's taking on that persona. So I love the theory that the entire franchise ends with Sidney becoming the ghost Face killer and then maybe the daughter has to take her out.
Speaker 1: That would be great. I don't think it's gonna happen, but I think that would be absolutely. I think I think it's too good for it to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if they would take I don't know if they would be I don't know if they would take that chance.
Speaker 1: Yea, that's the route. Deal was trying to get other girl, but they wanted to she so.
Speaker 2: Nev Campbell officially said that the latter that the ninth film is he her last movie film.
Speaker 1: Yes, this was seven, there's gonna be there's gonna be two more. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is supposed to be a trilogy, and they said that nine is her final film, so I think it's definitely about time.
Speaker 1: But she still did her things.
Speaker 2: But so I think that she's gonna end up being the killer and she's gonna have to be killed by Tatum or may or maybe Gaye will have to kill her. It'll be something that would be interesting, hopefully.
Speaker 1: But so y'all not here for Scream eight. Huh.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they did this one with Yeah, all right, yeah, I like the franchise too. We'll just yeah, well, y'all are not alone. The movie is not getting great reviews. It's not they're they're definitely saying it's bad. I don't know if it's all the review bombing, but people are definitely saying it's not a great film.
Speaker 1: So you said you like this one better than the last one? Oh, yeah, the last one was not good. Oh I liked the last one in New York. Yeah, oh that shit was bad. The one. I thought you liked the too. M I thought we all said it was fun or something like that. It's fun, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not a good Scream movie, this new one because I went back and rewatched five and six before watching seven, and yeah, I'm good on five and that.
Speaker 5: Legit didn't know who did it in the album. That what I legit didn't know who did it in the album. I mean, I didn't know who did it in that one either or this one. But it's just that the reveal was just so fucking stupid, and it was like, why did y'all do this? That's why we didn't guess it because it was so fucking ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's hard to guess this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anybody got any fine thoughts for we wrap up? Nope, look at that all right, y'all let us know what y'all thought of Scream seven. Shout to my homeboy, Maurice. I hope to see you at another movie.
Speaker 1: Also, his name is Maurice. I named it Maurice. Unless it's a movie where I need to hear the fucking dialogue in the plot.
Speaker 2: But any ship like this, Maurice height bro reaction, sit by me because you you you made this movie so much better. But I'm here for fucking Scream eight and scream nine. Let's go, y'all leave some comments, just with a friend or two, and we'll see y'all next.
Speaker 1: Time we out peace. Look at that, Look at that hour four, take that, take that. See it has been a movie that Rod doesn't like that much. They ain't gonna talk about this on me.