Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to a new episode of the French per Second Podcast.
Speaker 1: When it was going to be Ane joined them on the show. I got Mike Rod and.
Speaker 2: Spike Yo, we're here man to discuss The Running Man, which is a remake of the nineteen eighty seven classic that originally starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, which is based off of a novel of the same title. I believe this one is directed by Ecker Wright, who did Baby Driver, Scott Pilgrim and Last Night in soho.
Speaker 3: Yeah it makes sense.
Speaker 4: That makes sense what last Night and Saw It was good Pacer.
Speaker 2: Stephen King wrote the original one, which was in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh.
Speaker 2: Glenn Powell stars Ben Richards, Josh Brolin is Evan mccoone, Coman Domingo. Wait, that got it? Oh no, this is wrong. I got this wrong.
Speaker 1: My bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, Coman Domingo was he wasn't Dan Keillyan. That was Josh Brolin.
Speaker 1: Yep, Josh Broland is Dan Kellyan.
Speaker 5: It's right in front of you, like, look towards me.
Speaker 4: It's like it's it's on a web.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all right, all right, so uh yeah, we have Glen Powell playing Ben Richards. Josh Brolin is Dan Kelly, which is the show's producer. Copen Domingo is Bobby t who was the host of the show The Running Man Show, and some other notable names as well.
Speaker 1: Michael's Sarah Michael Sarah Sarah was in it.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for him to show up. Because I saw the name on it. I was like, Oh, he's gonna show up. I thought he was the wolf guy. Uh but yeah, man, so that is what we have in terms of who's doing what. So yeah, let's let's get into it. Man, Ron, what you think of this movie?
Speaker 6: I did not want to see this when I saw it, because I did see the preview, I forgot what movie I was in.
Speaker 2: I was like, man, what man? Man?
Speaker 7: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 6: It was an okay effort, but nah, man, I could have went the rest of my life without seeing this movie.
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 6: No, I just just give me run, Just give me on the Swarzer Nagga Running Man. That's that's all. That's all I need. I don't need this. I don't need this.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the original version?
Speaker 4: Have I seen the original run?
Speaker 8: We're not like you, I know it was he's original. It's crazy Allo Swords Nigga, y Codo, I think just the body.
Speaker 7: Jim Brown Brown, No, No, it's more campy.
Speaker 5: But it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and puns, a lot of puns.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It just felt more authentic than this. This This felt very forced, like like I don't know, man, and I don't know if it's just ruined. I would like to get your take on it. I don't like, I don't know if it's ruined because I like the old one so much.
Speaker 2: That did this.
Speaker 6: This just didn't hold hold up what they say called the candle flame to it or something like that.
Speaker 1: It just didn't.
Speaker 6: Man, it's just the whole movie. I'm just thinking, it's not this. It's not that Coleman did a.
Speaker 2: Good job as a as the host, but yeah, this guy, he's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not the guy.
Speaker 5: Like I don't even know his name.
Speaker 4: I don't even know his name.
Speaker 6: We knew on a Sworts Nigga's name, like he was an action star hero, Like who is this guy?
Speaker 2: And that?
Speaker 6: And I think that was part of the problem. And he is the he's supposed to be the.
Speaker 2: Movie Glenn Powell got there. He's next. They're trying, they're trying to push. I don't know. I think he's I think I think he got a shot.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, yeah, I don't know generous. I've never seen at good and anything.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to be like super good and like Actually he wasn't like great yeh, yeah, he wasn't.
Speaker 6: But he had he was. He he was type cast. He had a certain thing just like the Jian Klins of the world. The Chuck Norris is of the word like like the SEEDESSI salans like, he's not those guys.
Speaker 2: But the difference is Arnold Schwarzenegger was already an established star. Glen Powell isn't an established star yet. So I think that's what it is. But it turnally acting, you know, I think did a better job than Schwartzengga did Ship Twisters, That's what I sa Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's in Twister. So's he's gonna be the blockbuster guy that they're trying to build up as next because they don't really have anybody.
Speaker 1: It ain't him, So.
Speaker 2: To me, it ain't him, I would yeah, it ain't him.
Speaker 4: If if it's anybody, can't I would say, uh, Pascal Pedro, I would say Pedro.
Speaker 2: Not for a blockbuster, run of the mill, regular type of movie. Do you say this guy over Pedro? I think for just the mainstream plane whatever movie. Yeah. I think they. I think they're working on him to be that guy. He's not him man, So he.
Speaker 6: Seems too soft, all the muscles.
Speaker 2: That's what they love about him.
Speaker 4: It's like he's a he's a he's gonna he's artificial soft, like artificial.
Speaker 1: They they they they being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it comes to taking the shirt off, He's gonna take a shirt off in every movie because that is a thing for him. He don't seem to he's not ruggled enough. Oh that's no. They love that rugged look like him and Twister. They love that look on him. Yeah, they love that look, the rugged man, America white coup. I'm telling you that's what he is. That I thought he was dead in this No, I'm just saying, like the perception of him and what they're selling to the America, White America, he is good. That's the I may be misreading it, but that I think they're building him.
Speaker 1: Up to be that guy, which is why they put him in this movie.
Speaker 4: I think you're giving him a little bit more credit than he deserves. I think, and I'm would Rod in the sense that he doesn't have it like he it's overly something. It just don't trying to be mean. And it's not like he was trying to be mean in the beginning of the movie, just like his face was.
Speaker 2: Frowning, like he was frowning. He looked like man like, like he could funk me.
Speaker 4: Up when he hit the glass, like it was just just like, bro, it's I don't believe. I don't believe you know, I don't believe you.
Speaker 7: Like, is your hand okay?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: You look you look like you hurt. It looked tough to me. You look hurt, right. But I haven't seen the original, didn't really didn't know about it. I shared the same sentiment as well, it's just never really quite And I watched the preview and I'm thinking this could be again, not knowing that there was an original, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Damn, it's an interesting story.
Speaker 4: Somebody on the run from everybody in the world for America whatever, trying to catch him. It's like Hunger Games game.
Speaker 2: It's like it's the same sort of concept.
Speaker 4: I thought that would be cool. I thought the concept was cool, but as I was sitting there watching and I was like, this bad. It's not just like Speed three or some ship like that, you know what I'm saying, Like you could tell that there was good material there at one point, but now it's just like, y'all just being honky with this, Bro, this is just that's racist, hokey, hokey, that's wow.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I know you don't like Glenn Powell.
Speaker 4: God, y'all, y'all just being hokey with this. But I do also agree. Collin Themingo did an amazing y'all. Did he bodied this? And he was the only person that was believable in the hole camera? Yeah, he was killing shit.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I was like, Bro, he saved this movie, damn near just from an entertaining standpoint when he's on there, like this little comebacks from breaking all that ship, all of that was great. And the guy in the original he was good like that. That was the only part of this that I enjoyed. Yeah, and uh, when your boy came Michael seeing he killed his part.
Speaker 2: Michael Sarah Sarah White dude with the mom from the dude from Oh Yeah, Super Bad yeah you know, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: He killed it, you like him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm with them, y'all keep this now. The interesting thing is that this is supposedly more like the book than the original Running Man is the problem with this movie is I think it's an amazing concept. I'm with them one hundred percent. That dude is not the guy. There was nothing about him that made me think, oh, you're tough, like nothing. And then they didn't even explain like is he a fighter? Like what's this damn job?
Speaker 2: Why was he able to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they tried to. They tried to intertwe it in there with the little flashbacks because they showed he did it at his job when he saved. No, he's not a fighter, though, but he just got so he didn't he did.
Speaker 7: He was whopping out like he was he was fighting people, and it was like, that's not normal fighting like he's a trained fighter.
Speaker 2: Just didn't.
Speaker 5: It wasn't believable.
Speaker 4: And we're trying to say since he had so many different jobs, that he had gained all of these different experiences and that's what's gonna help him. That's when this thing. But I agree with you was with yeah. I was just like, this is what the is happening right now? I hope this dude, because he's not.
Speaker 7: Not for action movies, he'll probably be finding a drama.
Speaker 2: He's not. He not The next time Cruise, he was.
Speaker 3: Better than Twisters, and that was a bad.
Speaker 2: He was better.
Speaker 4: I believe that version of him more than I did this one. And then he married to my girl from Sinners too, who from Sinners black chick, that's the preacher boy had a crush.
Speaker 3: On her in Sinners.
Speaker 2: Oh really wait what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh I thought you were saying in real life?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's Taylor even that's Taylor Page.
Speaker 4: That's not Taylor.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no from Sinners.
Speaker 7: I could have sworn the credit said Taylor Page was.
Speaker 2: A girl from Preaching to you got way mixed up.
Speaker 7: You about to be like, oh, yeah, no, she's in she's in dairy. That's what I'm thinking. She is welcome to Daary.
Speaker 2: She's beautiful though she was.
Speaker 3: It was a singer from Sinners.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: I could believe that they were married, but they had no they had no chemistry. But I mean, looks wise, I could see it, but they had zero chemistry, so that is not your baby.
Speaker 2: You know. I think for the purpose of the move to service motivation for him, I don't know if they needed a lot of chemistry because they want on ain't a lot anyway.
Speaker 7: It was Yeah, I feel you on that.
Speaker 1: But I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have to believe that he's sacrificing himself for these people exactly. And at no point that I believe I felt that at any point like, oh man, I really hope he gets this this so he can get his baby.
Speaker 6: I never felt like he did. He didn't care about that black baby, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they they went out of their way early to basically say he's just the angry white man, you know, with the baby, and he bringing a baby just so he wouldn't fight the guy and stuff like that. The guy from uh Detster, he was from Dexster, right, which hit the boss in the beginning. Oh that was Angel yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You know, so they were trying to go out and just establish he's just the angry white white man or angry man that's fighting for the regular person, that's going out of his way, and because of that, you know, he ends up losing his job, fighting against the system.
Speaker 4: Boom off rip.
Speaker 2: This is who this guy is at the detriment of his of his family, you know, his baby is, you know, sick, got the fluid whatever, And of course the corporate establishment or corporate America doesn't care about that. So that was pretty much the whole premise. I'm with you, guys. I don't think nor did I ever feel like him fighting for us. I'm not a big I'm gonna do this for my family sort of guy in movies.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just like it's a.
Speaker 2: It works. It's supposed to be an emotional hook, you know, for people and service motivation throughout the movie. You don't like the.
Speaker 3: Lieson, Yeah, that's exactly what.
Speaker 1: I just you know, it's just I like what he's doing and taking.
Speaker 2: But but that's the motivation though, Yeah, I mean it serves as a motivation. But I'm with you, guys, I don't it just never felt like like that was like really driving him to be this I'm gonna survive at all costs.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I think that's the fault of the movie though in the acting.
Speaker 6: I don't mind that motivation and Leans Nilsen is a good example of that, Like it seemed like like he really was like, oh man, even the scenes where they kill his family or whatever, it's like, oh shit, he's fucking mad. I never got that from this guy.
Speaker 2: Oh I got I got mad. I felt like it was it made I think the criticism of that time it seemed like it was way maybe way over the top, like he was trying to present too much of an angry person to sell that to the watchers. So overall though.
Speaker 6: And they had a commitic, a comedic element to it because when they were trying to go through all the things that he was saying like oh yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, this isn't helping. Yeah. Overall, I didn't think it was that bad, though I thought it was gonna be awful. I really I didn't think it was that bad.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Reflecting back on it, there were like big gaps that you know, I felt like I could have ded without. There were moments where I was asking, so, how are you going to get because you're supposed to do thirty something days of not being captured, So I'm like, how are you going.
Speaker 1: To do this? In day one? They found you, like, so.
Speaker 2: How the hell are you going to go through his ould movie for thirty Days. Found that was. Yeah, it was like, and you don't have any real set of skills lin this he and Liam had some skills, particular particular set of skills, you know, in this one he didn't. But I love the messaging in it. It was very overtp you know at times. But you know, I think going in it, I felt like I didn't know that Mike that it was. It was closer to the book because in the original that he thought basically super super Rise, you know. So I understand the remake and taking it in a different direction, which is more appropriate for the times that we're in right now. You know, I get all that. It's just the motivation, I don't know, because she already had the money Your baby fine, bro, six hundred he got in the beginning, Yeah, your baby fine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was supposed to win a billion though, right, that was I get that motivation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he went on the game show to get money because he didn't want his wife going down there, you know, stripping on.
Speaker 4: A pole or whatever she was watering.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't know. The motivation was fine.
Speaker 4: I just didn't feel like there weren't enough interesting stops along the way. I feel like for a movie like this to work, like you had Michael Sarah's character and he ran it to the lady at the end, who was like the I guess gen Zier or whatever she was supposed to be with the Gucci scarf. Like, since dude isn't good at all, there should have been a lot of interesting stops on the way, like him running into more interesting people as he was trying to get this done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was definitely a drag towards the medal. You mentioned when I named the movies that this guy directed, you said, that makes sense. How do you feel like his directed style or I guess you can you can answer this to if you have an answered shape this this particular version of The Running Man. So I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't, like I said in the beginning, like I thought it was a decent effort at it because I thought it was gonna be way worse or whatever. So you know, I wasn't like, oh God, give me out of this movie theater because there was moments.
Speaker 2: Where I was like, Okay, that kind of works or whatever.
Speaker 4: But I typically like.
Speaker 1: His his style.
Speaker 2: You know, the Baby Drive did a Baby Drive, Baby Driver last night and soho and yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: So so I'm not I'm not mad at his directing style. So I think that could.
Speaker 4: Have been fun.
Speaker 2: Really my problem is the main I think if you had a good lead, I think this would have been a lot better.
Speaker 6: He is the running it's called the running Man, and your lead is the worst, almost the worst part of the movie.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say the same thing when you ask direction. It wasn't him. It wasn't like the things that I noticed, like from Baby Driver in this film that is similar. They were good things. It was like he did a good job of storytelling, pacing. He just didn't have a lot to work with the main dude. That's my biggest issue. Like even at the end, like when they were not to jump ahead, but when they told him him, oh you're the ultimate hunter, like know you not? I he was that band though he was awful. He took the movie down or notch, like it could have been a good movie. To Rodge's point, like the direction, the storyline, the plot, all of the stuff that they did was good.
Speaker 3: He was just awful.
Speaker 5: He's not believable as this character, you know.
Speaker 7: But my my issue started when they were like, oh, we gotta save our kids.
Speaker 5: Kids got the flu. I'm like, your kid has the flu.
Speaker 7: They couldn't think of anything else. The kid has the flu, and they were like, oh, you know this, this this stuff that we're giving the kid is just you know, masking the symptoms.
Speaker 5: We have to get the cure.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: So in the future there's a cure for the flu, but also the few flu kills babies.
Speaker 1: The fever is dangerous.
Speaker 4: At least say long term cold.
Speaker 7: Is something that may be like, oh no, poor baby and all.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Mike, I was shocked that it was just the damn flu. I was something else.
Speaker 7: Well, they better they should have said that. They should have said that ship because I was like, this a little motherfucker if you don't give them some tossing and in this movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's something you your your body tends, i mean tends to well fight off the Yeah. No, never mind the flu, take out pokes, never mind, Yeah, never mind. They're trying to push to push the flu vaccine right now.
Speaker 4: So you do it.
Speaker 5: My job makes me Okay.
Speaker 2: So you guys are not on board with the reimagining of the Running.
Speaker 1: Man because having seen you know.
Speaker 2: I know you two have seen the original, you know, so this version of The Running Man, I'm.
Speaker 7: Fine with the retelling of the story. Yeah, you know, I know dipshits will be like, Oh, it's because you're old and y'all don't understand why they do this, and y'all just want stuff to stay the same.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: No, I'm completely fine with them opening The Running Man up to it being in the real world because I like that aspect of it being regular people that could find him and kill him and they get the money.
Speaker 2: So I liked all of that. It's just the guy.
Speaker 7: I was just like, how is he whopping all these dudes ass?
Speaker 5: How is he winning these fights? Why is he winning these fights?
Speaker 2: Why am I.
Speaker 7: Supposed to believe that he's tough when I feel like I could whoop his ass? I just it just didn't That.
Speaker 5: Part didn't work.
Speaker 7: But the retelling of the story, I thought, if you put somebody else in that role, I feel like this story was really cool. Open it up to the entire world. I think that's dope, at least the city.
Speaker 2: I think that's why I like it more than you guys, because I think I liked the idea behind the story corporate media being a dictatorship controlling.
Speaker 1: What the propaganda. You know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, so that actor didn't really bother me that much. He was just kind of a vehicle to get through it. And I already know that.
Speaker 4: The hus car if he was the vehicle that was as car.
Speaker 2: That was you know, hey man something. But you still got to me, right, you know, you know so, and I know that they're trying to push him. I think I'm trying to see you know, when I'm watching, I'm like, it could he And from what I'm saying, it's been successful, you know, in terms of yeah, it says the runner man delivers one of the biggest office spots off his debuts for a Stephen King uh adaptation. Now what does that mean that? You know, I have to read more of the article, but either way, I go so, I you know, I like that aspect of it. It's it's a story here, but it's not a lot of story because he's spending a lot of time running around, like you know, he goes and meet the guy you know, of course he's his child sick. The sock is supposed to be like this thing that connects.
Speaker 3: Did the song around it?
Speaker 4: It was the kids. But when he found it, where did it come from?
Speaker 2: I have no idea it's but there wasn't a loss sock was it?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: Sock in his pocket.
Speaker 7: I was like, what is happening?
Speaker 2: What happened? But my thing is if you're looking for the sock, you always check your pockets.
Speaker 3: That's what I would have thought.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why he was looking at bit like, damn, man, I couldn't just check my pockets.
Speaker 4: That's what I got to look up in the air for. I thought he did as a sign. Yeah, I thought he was like, oh god, this is like he was just like, yeah, of course is right.
Speaker 6: You're like, damn, because now you get busy sometimes you just especially you're picking up shit, you put stuff in your pockets, like when you clean up after your kids and all that. Yeah, you just push it everywhere like yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So they got this free V thing which keeps you know, everybody's in this sort of docile state with reality game action, which of course it seemed very simple, you know, sounds very real about what happens right now this network and he was even in the beginning, he was watching all these different game shows. That's the way to make money, you know, and then with the game, the runners get a twelve hour head start one thousand dollars and then they get money for you know, all the hunters and stuff that they killed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and they're being is supposed to be an angry, paranoid guy that fights against the system. And that was pretty much it. So, you know, just a whole commentary on poverty, you know, media as well. So so anyway, what did you guys think about? Like so in the beginning, he went to go meet this guy Molly. Molly is this version of Mike in the original I don't know if anybody have seen the original version. He was the one that kind of helped anybody listening. He was the one that helped them get the collar off. So he's supposed to be the tech guy, but he snitched quick.
Speaker 1: Well he snitched like.
Speaker 2: A motherfucker bro. But but yeah, so he gives him a preacher, all these different disguises, which were terrible disguises, y'all think, Yes, was he good at his job?
Speaker 3: No he was not.
Speaker 2: It was the same damn hairstyle.
Speaker 1: The mustache.
Speaker 5: Still you man, Yeah, like what are we doing?
Speaker 2: He dow, Yeah, going on did y'all live we snatched that kid up on the plane or the bus.
Speaker 4: I did not laugh.
Speaker 2: I don't remember remember that kid was like, hey, mister, your your face, your face, and he snatched him up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it as must as was coming on.
Speaker 2: He was just going to see it was snatched that little fat, fat motherfucker up. Bro, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I thought that was funny.
Speaker 2: I thought that was funny. That's good. I'm glad he look man, it wasn't a lot. Yeah, I thought that was funny that he snatched him up like that. Uh so yeah, so he ends up hiding out at a hotel. Yeah, and uh they found him. Never really say how. I think later on we found out that they were using the track. Well, it was really stupid because he has to make a video yeah ten minutes, and the video is connected to the network and then where I p which can be triangulated like bro, of course they're gonna find you, like.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's the.
Speaker 6: Whole reason they got the system in place, like probably just so they can't find you. That's why he had to try to put up curtains and ship like that so they can't know where he is.
Speaker 4: What that like, you said this matter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and this particular one for whatever reason, I told you, Robley trying to sell him. Bro, he got nicked and he went to.
Speaker 4: Then't always work, man, he went to the chow.
Speaker 2: It depends on looking rot but him running around neked, climbing the side of the building necket.
Speaker 5: Like, man, if you don't get this ship out of here.
Speaker 1: That didn't work for y'all, No.
Speaker 4: It did not didn't work for you.
Speaker 2: It didn't make any sense, like because I guess he was just gonna walk back to the thing with a towel.
Speaker 4: How no one outside see his building?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just left your clothes and that's it. So in this scene, though, Mike, he didn't he didn't really fight any hunters. They just he he got He was really lucky because the building blew up with the gas and stuff. Yeah yeah, which for a regular guys at this moment it felt believable because I'm like, how you have no skills, how are you going to get out of this situation with these people chasing you? You know, So it blew up and they blamed everything on him, and then that's when you run into.
Speaker 1: The black kid.
Speaker 2: You don't like the Black family kids are horrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're pretty What happens to the good actors?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: Like what happens? That's what I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 2: Whatever, it seemed like, you know, all that they were adults.
Speaker 5: We thought that Gary Coleman.
Speaker 4: There was good, Ravens was good. I'm telling you, I don't know what Plunky Brewster, Yeah, I don't know what's going on with your actors man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a little motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I felt really bad for that family though, And I don't even know if he even helped them. Which family, the black family? Because this is where we meet the resistance. So we went from like part action, then we get into like the so called political part of the movie. Uh for like the second act, I think it is what they would call it where he meets the black kid and then the other black guy that wasn't gonna snitch on him. Chance. Yeah, he had a chance to call in and get the reward money and he didn't, which all have call this in. I don't know, you're a resistance fighter make money again until that money come on with face? And you know, I think they you know, that's why they made the you know, it was also part of the show that they don't care about the poor. But you know, the daughter of his sister had cancer, lung cancer, and then they connected that to you know, pollution and radiation and stuff like that. So I thought that was sad because she was in a lot of pain. Would you have turned them in? Rock what I.
Speaker 3: Want to turn them in?
Speaker 2: You hearing your your sister in there in excruciating pain, and this reward money can help alleviate that.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have been a like.
Speaker 6: I mean, this guy seemed like well, based on this character, he seemed like he was really really against what they were doing, Like he had tapes upon tapes, so in his situation, no, I mean, it didn't make sense, but he asking me personally, maybe, yeah.
Speaker 2: They created a scenario where it called for him to do it. Yeah, but I think what he did, what he did a good job of saying is the reason why he didn't do is because basically he's at the game was rigged. So even if he called the men, there was no way they were going to get the money, which is why he said there was no point exactly exactly. Yeah, but yeah, it's he ended up being right though, Yeah, for sure. So yeah, yeah, yeah, he was right, isn't it how rewards be working to like they don't be giving people them shits for.
Speaker 4: Real, only if you uh, you kind of wait until the charges are actually like prosecuting.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: They put all these stipulations around it to where you're like, you know what, just fuck it?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Part where they he gotta be like, oh, they got to go to court and get convicted, then you get your money.
Speaker 6: But they just did it in another show. I know that's not real life, but they just did it in another show where they think task yeah that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah so and then in this part that's when you know, we realized, like very similar to the first one, that they're editing and doing deep fakes and changing everything so he can't even get the message out. What I don't know and maybe one of you guys can tell me, because I only watched it once. How did them people find them? Remember he was attacked by people on bikes, but those were not the hunters, So how did they know Ben Richards was even in that building when he brought him out to take him to the trains.
Speaker 6: Remember they said they had hunters and some other people. It was like some village bench lante type people I know.
Speaker 2: But he was staying in that he was basically hidden out of sight. He never really came out of the the apartment.
Speaker 3: Apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought I thought the I thought the home the home the crazy guy outside.
Speaker 6: He would pass by him and stuff, and he didn't think he realized. He thought he was just crazy, But he wasn't. He was actually like he was on operation. He wasn't like.
Speaker 2: An actual that was that was the that wasn't Was that the No, that was the third time he escaped from them, right, No, that's the first time hotel.
Speaker 6: And that's he thought it was just a crazy man outside, but it wasn't. It was just somebody doing intel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's how Yeah that was dope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how they feel.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the second one, I don't know how the vigilantes followed him, but anyway, I guess, well, I think that at that point, he was on the he was on the news.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but how they know where he was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he was on he was on the news and it had.
Speaker 1: But how did they know he was in his house?
Speaker 4: Wait? I'm getting parts confused.
Speaker 2: So remember when they were like okay, here's my man. You can trust him with your life, which is Michael Sarah's character. We're gonna take you to the train stage because because at this point he made the video trying to expose the corporation for the radiation and that people are dying and starving or whatever, and they edited the video and he was like, I didn't say that, and Spike the mom was like, get this motherfucker out my house. She was she was not the white mama. The black mom was like when she saw the video, he was like, I ain't say that. Ship get him out. And then the brothers had to take him out of the house. When they came out of the house and put him in the trunk, they were attacked by people on bikers. My question is, how did they know he was staying in the house. He never went outside. Unless I missed it, it's probably not all that serious, But I just thought y'all may have seen.
Speaker 4: Something I did. I feel like there's some glaring holes in Yeah, for sure, when I talk about when we get that later, but I thought there were a lot of glaring holes in this mood. Well you're looking, You're like, wait, what what's happening?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Now I did have some moment well well anyway, so now the audience are starting to flip and they're starting to become on Richard's side. So this old Richard lives sort of thing and you know, he's starting to become a hero. But there was also some explanation, exposition or whatever about how this happens where they're using this to build up ratings, and they're explained that you have the dummy, you have the second person who just lives a lavish lifestyle, and then you have him with is the final like guy or you know, and he's going to be along for us to keep the rating side. And where ratings start dipping, then that's when they're go ahead and take him out because he's no longer serviceable. Again, very similar to a lot of stuff this happened.
Speaker 1: At that point. Did you guys.
Speaker 2: Take away like what he was saying is that we as the audience are the villains because we kind of we watch to this while watching.
Speaker 4: It, you said, do we agree with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're starting to pick up on that we as viewers are as the audience, are the villains. In addition to corporate America.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting concept. I wouldn't primarily put it on the audience for watching. I mean, some people that's their escape. So I mean if they were in a better position in general, maybe in life, or more happy with themselves, they wouldn't watch this stuff. So I think that that's a byproduct of society as well, like people having to use those things as an escape. So I think that that's adds to it too. I can't necessarily say cut it off and.
Speaker 6: Do what, read a book or watch something else.
Speaker 7: I pick up the same thing, and I agree, like, you're fucked up if you're watching people get murdered.
Speaker 5: As entertainment.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way about like like Bad Girls Club or hip Hop Love and Hipop or all of those things. But I still kind of get why people watch him too though.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I guess with those kind of shows, I don't see it as bad, but I obviously I think the movie is making an allusion to that, So yeah, I get you.
Speaker 2: And even Ben Richards was doing the same thing. He was watching the Americanos, which is the Kardashians, so he's reiling it against the system, but he's also in his own way contributing to the system one by participating in the game for you know, his own reasons. But two, he's also watching it and talking about watching it. But yeah, he still sits up and watching every single time, you know. So it's like, yeah, I thought he was just watching it just because it's just to get ideas to get money.
Speaker 6: Was he actually watching the Kurdsians show?
Speaker 2: I thought watching entertainment. I don't remember him showing showing him watching that stuff as he was watching in the hotel. He was watching it. He was watching it at home, and that's when he saw the commercial about the game shows and how they were winning money. But when he was in the game, he was in the hotel. Here he is basically kind of away from the slums quote unquote. He's in this nice hotel, kicked up, feet on the bed, chilling, his wife and the baby sitting there struggling, and he's sitting there watch watching TV the Americanos. Out of all the things he could have watched at that moment, because he got money, it didn't have to be that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he chose to watch that.
Speaker 2: Sign Note I did think the tell the bed at the TV at the end of the bed that shit was nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 2: Show.
Speaker 6: I've never seen that over you didn't see when you overseas, Like I had a hotel it was in Paris that they had the TV right there and in the front that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yess. It just depends on the hotel you go to.
Speaker 6: They don't have to be no lavish it it just sometimes it's right there.
Speaker 2: So after this, well a couple of things happened, so he they escaped from there, he goes to on his way to meet Michael Sarah's character. He's stowed up in another hotel and this time he's uh, pretending to be a blond guy the Preacher. But again the costume was terrible because they immediately do his as well, shapes and everything, and that's when he's like, you know, asked the Preacher or whatever. And then he had to run away from them to jump on the on the train to get to Michael Serrh's character. Any take away from him that scene it all the.
Speaker 3: Train, remember the train.
Speaker 1: The train was he just jumped on the train. He was just on the train.
Speaker 2: But just the him being the preacher and you over here people, I think in the hotel he was staying in, you know, talking about him. He's listening to him and he was like, yeah, what he said. One of the guys that were like, yeah, did you see this guy whatever? He was like, man, that's kind of fucked up. You ask him that because he's blind or whatever. But this, Yeah, at this point he's starting to become a hero to the regular folks. Yes, I don't remember the train part. Okay, the people were chasing him in the car he ran and jumped on the train. Oh yea yea yeah, yea yea, yeah, I got you. Nothing really happened. It was just more action just because the movie was probably getting bored then, because you know, it's just like we need to give some action shit here, because again it's like day fifteen or whatever. Bro. And my thing is, you're supposed to mail these things off every single day. We're we're jumping ahead a lot we didn't see in these days passed.
Speaker 1: But that's neither it nor there.
Speaker 2: The conspiracy theorist dude telling the pre recorders tape store, right, that's what he was going to do, and that was his whole plan when he got there. But before we get there, what did you guys think about old girl from the Alien movie?
Speaker 3: Was the car the girl driving?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The second the second.
Speaker 5: Participant Alien movie.
Speaker 3: When we reviewed, I.
Speaker 1: Thought, like the most recent one.
Speaker 3: But the black dude with the glasses you.
Speaker 5: Talk about you talk about the woman that he hijacked her car.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: The woman that was at the casino.
Speaker 2: She was the second participant in the movie from.
Speaker 5: Love Lifes Bleeding.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they underutilized her because the movie was No.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't in Prometheus.
Speaker 7: You are fucked up. You thought that that's Vasquez from Aliens.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, I look it up. No she was. That's not what I was.
Speaker 4: I remember from Love Lives beating and in the mar in the uh, in the Star Wars things, Yeah, one of the tenants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rod, I agree with you. I think I think she was definitely on the use. She's good.
Speaker 5: She's really good.
Speaker 4: She's good.
Speaker 2: And when I saw her, I thought she was gonna have more. I did too.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Katie O'Brien, that's her name, Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 4: She's dope.
Speaker 6: So they definitely under utilized her. Had her doing dumb ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah her, damn she wasn't.
Speaker 7: M hm.
Speaker 3: Ship.
Speaker 7: I thought what they did with her with her role was cool. I just wish they would have expanded it atle bit more. But like her being this, you know, that's what I mean, lesbian, and she took the money and immediately went to spend on a bunch of women and ship I thought that was funny.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It seemed dumb though it was funny. But you can't survive that way. No, No, you're out literally in the public and I and doing like yeah, so it just seems like I said, I just thought they were gonna do more with her character.
Speaker 2: And her death was stupid by these two kids, and all they got was cereal.
Speaker 5: I kind of like that.
Speaker 7: It's just like getting kids being like groomed to this type of violence, a little redneck white kids too.
Speaker 3: Yeah about right.
Speaker 6: Why did they show her getting away when she actually didn't get away.
Speaker 1: She did get away.
Speaker 2: I thought she got away from the hunters. I guess I should say.
Speaker 6: Oh, they were showing her getting away from the hunters, and then the kids.
Speaker 2: Actually civilians killed them. But they didn't even get any money. Mm hm, I remember that. Yeah, they just got cereal.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: This was like probably they were chubby too, damn, so they probably thought they wanted that a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think they were just regular kids.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I want them look like like, you know, a couple of cookies here and there.
Speaker 1: Bro, there's a rap.
Speaker 2: They go through phases, they do, they do.
Speaker 6: They don't get stuck, get stuck, but nah, some of them go through phasm.
Speaker 2: So Michael Sarah's character. I thought this was dope, like the idea of we're gonna make the tapes and we'll just mail the tapes off for you. Him being part of the resistance. I didn't get the hot dog thing.
Speaker 4: Dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hot dog stand. His dad was a cop. It was part of the system.
Speaker 6: It was a way that they were able to like eat or something like that.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 2: Very I guess honest living.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he didn't want to do that, so they turned on him. You know, so you know, I get the message in there. But I think what it was was was the black kid was like, yeah, whatever you do, don't ask him about the hot dog. So when he asked him about the hot dog, it was like, that's the story. Like, I don't know, I thought it was gonna be something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gonna be more than that. Mike, did you see.
Speaker 2: The the the sign written where it not signed, but they wrote.
Speaker 7: A gap A G A A B No way, So what's the chief for governors?
Speaker 2: Goons? Because they were goons. The goon's supposed to be caught. Yeah, I didn't see that. That's kind of funny. Yeah it was on one of the posts. Yeah, they wrote that on there. But yeah, but did you guys like Michael Sarah's character.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was the best part of the movie, even though it was predictable and you kind of felt like he was going to do that. All of it hit all that, the mob part, the booby traps, like all of it, because it's just he seemed like that type of dude, like he played that character will So I feel like all of that just worked. She was but it was But I enjoyed it the most.
Speaker 3: Out of the hole.
Speaker 2: Know, the traps, the booty traps as they were sayinges were cool.
Speaker 1: But Rod leave, it.
Speaker 3: Was outside his house.
Speaker 4: You said, leave, where were gonna go down to the tunne?
Speaker 2: He said four and a half minutes for them to get there. And he's playing fucking games with it. That's what he wants, Like, yeah, finally I get the fucking people look and he got killed. What's more important he.
Speaker 4: Got away what he didxcuse me, he didn't get away, they did leave, he did like kind of time it right, just got sniped.
Speaker 2: No, he ran into the guy in the tunnel. But he's still.
Speaker 5: For that.
Speaker 4: That's when he got stabbed. Yeah, but he didn't die for that, right when he got shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that. But I'm just saying I just could have got if it would have just left a lot early.
Speaker 1: You probably, It's just.
Speaker 4: It reminded me a trigger happy, like MAGA some ship, like you know, how they ready.
Speaker 1: To use their gun this moment.
Speaker 2: It's all like this.
Speaker 4: He wanted.
Speaker 2: He spent all his time creating this ship.
Speaker 5: He wanted to use it.
Speaker 2: I ain't just running.
Speaker 4: People up.
Speaker 7: Kill Michael Sarah instead of the running man, because then the game would have been over.
Speaker 2: Because the raidings were high TV. Yeah, the raiders were high, so you know at this point, yeah, everybody's tuning it in it, you know. But yeah, this was the moment he could have he could have basically took him out.
Speaker 4: But yeah, how did the dude find the tunnel that was in the tunnel, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just popped up out of the nowhere in the tunnel, Like unless they did like an infrared shot.
Speaker 4: Then the whole team would have been down there. Why was it just one random dude in the tunnel.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they are hunters, so it was one of the hunters down there, right, And he didn't He didn't win this fight, Mike, which one with the hunter with the mask? No, not at the end. Not at the end. Remember the guy stabbed because it really cut his his Yeah, but he.
Speaker 7: Held his own still.
Speaker 6: I mean we can hold their on fights against like professional fighters.
Speaker 2: I thought he did be in that fight. He didn't win that fight.
Speaker 7: He ended up killing the guy, didn't he.
Speaker 2: I thought he won that fight. He got away, Yeah, he got away. But that's that's when Dan Killing came on board. It was like, hey, if you kill him because Rady is a high then you know he didn't. He didn't kill him. I don't think he won that fight. I'll tell you how Michael Sarah's character did the hostile thing to Yeah he was losing. Yeah, yeah, he was losing and then he was a rat.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 4: It wasn't he heard or injured. He wasn't losing the fight.
Speaker 2: I thought he got no he was was losing. Was cut, so yeah, he was losing that fight. And that's why that.
Speaker 6: Don't make sense then, because that dude didn't look tough. So you have him do all this other tough ship, but you can't beat the little weak motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's a he's not a tough guy. He's just an angry guy.
Speaker 7: Not anybody.
Speaker 4: It was synonymous.
Speaker 2: It was angry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got tough guy when he was trying to beat the damn because he told the dude, the teller dude, it was like, how fucking injured life? Like young at the very beginning, he was like read here or whatever, and he was. But he's angry though, but he tried to give off tough. It ain't just different between angry and angry trying to be tough, like it's two different things, I think, and that was why he wouldn't. It didn't quite It was the Luther Curl. The whole movie. It was never quite was believable.
Speaker 2: They never showed. We didn't get like examples they were fighting. The only thing we got was him holding this one guy by the arm. But we never saw him like in actual fights. We just sam trying to be heroic or whatever.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you think that Michael cyril Port was stupid, just didn't like that type of comedy. Well they should have just ran.
Speaker 2: I just think they should have ran. I know, they just one of us, show us all boobie traps and all the other ship these like things. And it was supposed to be a moment in the movie. But I'm like, bro, like, just fucking leave, you know, that's my thing, is like? And then the mom like the mom snitching And how did the mom even know it was him? She never turned around and looked at him. Remember he just walked in them all was watching the TV and you, hey, answering your own questions. You don't want to like this shit.
Speaker 7: I do remember that. But yeah, nah, she was crazy. I think she heard him talking or so right.
Speaker 2: Some shit.
Speaker 5: But this part didn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 2: He never walked out, she never visibly saw him until he walked out. How did she know it was him? It was just I don't know, it just I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was stupid.
Speaker 2: I only saw it once, but that just it was just like what and then she snitched? And then he did this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that part.
Speaker 5: Why did Michael Sarah do that? Which hit the button?
Speaker 7: He wanted to him up, But you're risking my life to do that. Let me get away first. Then you hit the button.
Speaker 2: And your mom as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it didn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: He felt like he had a good escape plan. Yeah, he thought he had a good escape He thought he did and he thought this was a good time, as in, if I'm gonna get the fucking of these people up, I'm for him up now.
Speaker 3: This is the this is the reason.
Speaker 4: And he hit the button. M yeah, that's why you do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That ship was stupid anyway, you wanted to him up, Well, it didn't work and he got sucked up. So after this, to a certain extent, he killed quite a few of them off. Well the when when the ones were when he kicked the table over and the mother we're on fire. That ship was dope.
Speaker 4: The table Yeah that ye, quite a few of them. Yeah, but he been Yeah, but that's all you gotta do. Bro, He's been waiting, he's been wait. He was waiting on his whole life.
Speaker 1: So after that, he's on the run, gets to this.
Speaker 2: House, falls asleep, wake up, They find him again. And then he runs into uh he's on this, yeah, because he drives off the bridge, runs into the car, jumps off, and then he runs it to the lady in the car who's watching Americanos, and he kidnaps her. And we see the effect of propaganda and how she thinks he's this evil guy and stuff like that. So she's the and the original running man. There's the woman version of that.
Speaker 4: This is this version of that.
Speaker 1: Spike. You said she was supposed to be gen V.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I took from gen z or v whatever.
Speaker 2: Privilege got money, believes everything and saying looking down on the lower class.
Speaker 4: I think she's doing like the the work of the people because she bought her bottled water from whatever it may be, some ship like that.
Speaker 2: Mike, did you buy into her turn.
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 7: No, it was too abrupt?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Yeah, no, you you you asked your answer. It was just too abrupt.
Speaker 7: I agree, Like nothing happened to make me believe that she did a complete one eighty.
Speaker 4: He's like, he wasn't that convinced it, not at all. They try to make us believe that he was convincing enough when he was taking look at you, you got your scarf. My daughter could have got her medicine if you didn't buy that scarf, Like what Yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I think part of it is like there was a deep fake of her leaning out the window too, and I think that was supposed to be oh yeah, while she was like, oh wait a minute, you are telling the truth. But I'm with you, it was like, oh, now you're on his side all the way, you know. So it was it was very quick, just off of that one thing, and he was like, oh yeah, now now you're part welcome to the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, what you want to be here?
Speaker 2: Want to be here at this point already I'm over this movie. I don't want to be here either.
Speaker 7: Ship Yeah too abrupt. Yeah, give me something like does she have a child? Give me something that makes me understand why she would all of a sudden turn on the system and this plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree, And even his even him realizing that, So I did have a sort of an issue of how he was starting to play the game towards the end and realizing that his his ratings draw would protect him from being killed and driving up it was like, oh, yeah, we can just drive through here because they're not going to kill us, you know, because.
Speaker 4: We're fans of us.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, they're fans of us, the Hunters and this, that and the other, and he felt protected.
Speaker 1: I don't like that either.
Speaker 2: Roder also thought he should have probably been a little bit smarter when he walked on the plane and realized that they were scam and realized that he won caring and got damn bomb?
Speaker 3: Why did she keep? What made her turn? And she was like check the bag?
Speaker 4: Use the bomb?
Speaker 3: Why she started up?
Speaker 6: Because because she was trying to be convinced, she just overly did it. That's why he was looking at her like that, like, Okay, calm down, like I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 6: No, That's why he was looking at her like that. He's like, no, okay, that's a little too selling it a little too hard. I don't want them to actually check the bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So he's on the plane and that's when the Dan Killey made the proposal, very much like in the first one, Rod, did you believe that he killed his family?
Speaker 1: Okay, Spike and Mike.
Speaker 2: Already showed that, you know, they create fake vide Yeah, so Spike and Mike, why did you think he was stupid enough to believe that they killed they killed his family. When he saw that they manipulated his video earlier, it.
Speaker 5: Made sense why he would believe it.
Speaker 7: It just didn't make sense that they thought the audience was going to believe that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they never said why, right, And it was a rule that we usually don't bother your family, So why would they break the rule for no reason?
Speaker 2: Well that was that was part of it. Yeah, But that was the narrative that was storytelling at this point to flip him. So they needed to have the hunters go rogue in order to sell him turning against the hunters and killing hunters, you know, so he would be the new guy. So because they don't kill family, them going outside of the parameters of that would sell it. It's just I don't I did struggle with this part where his over angry reaction to breaking the monitor and.
Speaker 7: All this other stuff that was ridiculous too.
Speaker 2: It was way way, way, way way too much because at this point, Bro, we got it, man, Yeah, we we we got it. Bro. You damn you have anger issue, you know, and this is this is the one, and now you're going to go into the coppic.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm with you, Mike.
Speaker 2: This was the unbelievable fight. Yep. This was the one way when the cop pick it took out three people. Yeah, I got you, I got you? What Yeah, and using the hulk anger as a maid to do it. This was definitely unbelievable because everything leading up to this, he ain't did ship.
Speaker 4: Why was it? Why was the pilot even like they was trained by it looked like.
Speaker 2: Well it's it's a it's a closed space, so it's only so much you can do.
Speaker 3: But it was like there was almost military or some ship.
Speaker 2: They were they were the Hunters.
Speaker 4: Got it, Okay, that's okay. The pilots, well, okay, got you.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't know.
Speaker 4: You'll see how they were looking at this point.
Speaker 2: They had a very military stuff. Can remember, because he walked.
Speaker 4: I was wondering when he's just pilots or the hunters.
Speaker 2: That's why he was like, yeah, how many laboratories on this plane?
Speaker 4: And he was told him for it was bro okay, gotcha?
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, you're right, and this is this scene. This was like he he looked like a trained military you know that. So I'm with y'all on this this because yeah, because I was because I was even asking, how the hell.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna beat all them?
Speaker 4: But the wolf Man got him though, the wolf Man, that's our boy from Foundation the middle.
Speaker 2: Oh thet okay, Okay, yeah, I don't know that was him. He did.
Speaker 1: He didn't win this fight, his ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this fight, I think you're the first one.
Speaker 4: He was a lot cooler with the mask.
Speaker 2: He was right, he took the mask. I thought I was gonna see something like I was like a motherucker, like they should have kept the mask. Man put that ship back off, bro And I don't know if y'all noticed, but they had one of the dumb ass shade over the over the mask. But the whole show, the whole movie, you couldn't see it.
Speaker 6: But it's like when they got close to revealing him, now you can kind of see his eyes and ship.
Speaker 4: That shit looked dumb.
Speaker 7: Was he something like big actor or something? That guy?
Speaker 4: I didn't think that at first. I thought he was Jake Gillian Hall he on the come up, I thought it was I thought it was Colin Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Oh, Colin Ferrell, who could have worked.
Speaker 3: I was like that.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 7: They made it seem like he was like a big deal, like we were gonna go, oh, ship.
Speaker 3: Come up, though he didn't come up yet.
Speaker 2: For most of the movie, I thought it was Michael Sarah's character, but it would have been weird, but I was waiting him pop up. He was a conspiracy guy, so he's almost damning the type cast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So anyway, he takes off the wolf guy.
Speaker 2: Everything sold, but he rejects Dan Killian's offer to become the new Hunter.
Speaker 3: Would y'all had took that deal?
Speaker 2: Trapped in a deal?
Speaker 1: He couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he couldn't take the deal because remember, his whole thing was fighting against the system, fighting for the little guy, you know, So for him to take the deal and they killed your family. M hm. So in this one, Mike, instead of I'll be back, he told him i'll come back, I'll fuck you up. It was such a bad line. He said, I don't know how, but I'll come back. I'll fuck you up. I was like, that's it, Yeah, the best life. That was Okay, that's not gonna that's not gonna stick. That would They were right. I don't know who wrote that one.
Speaker 1: That didn't work? That would?
Speaker 2: It worked because he paused to remember he.
Speaker 7: Did a little look yeah about saying something crazy, I'll fuck you, oh man.
Speaker 2: But but yeah, he gave him the middle finger or something like that, and then they shot down the plane and somehow he survived the plane man shut without a parachute. I think they said there was a little pie.
Speaker 1: Very convenient.
Speaker 2: How did he know there was a skate pod on there? I don't know that And.
Speaker 3: I got confused here.
Speaker 4: So he survives a plane and it cuts immediately to the conspiracy dude to tell the people in the audience what happened and if there's a burning plane on the way, how did that happen?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I don't know how he got communication back to the black guy to make that. So I don't know. I thought that that took place after the fact. It changed.
Speaker 3: I was during it was right now.
Speaker 2: I think they were showing what happened. I think it was almost like a replay. They were showing the truth of what happened in that moment. It wasn't like yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think Tom was able to warn them that the plane was on the way to the building.
Speaker 2: Is that is that what happened?
Speaker 4: He was like, everybody start panicking and it was like it's a plane on the way to the building right now, and that's when they started turning on him and booing him and ship like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I thought I thought all this was taking place after the fact, because that wouldn't make sense this hole you're talking about, yes, because it wouldn't make confused because there's no way he could relay back to him because they're on the ground right I don't even know what they got A phones.
Speaker 3: Was so good view. I was like, how did that happen?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: Maybe I missed something, something was wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then what was called of Domingo's beef?
Speaker 1: Oh I love him, bro?
Speaker 4: What was his beef when he quit you?
Speaker 2: He said in line section two of my contract clause in the.
Speaker 4: Smallest motherfucking print. Because I think he's just more concerned with his who he is. He's not a he would want to be a part of it if it was a live something.
Speaker 2: So all he cared about is his celebrity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he can't give a shit about they calls or the network, and.
Speaker 6: He just cared about the celebrity. Like, look, you wanted to make this motherfucker popular, That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I do my job, because remember when he showed up, he was like, yeah, I know, it's just different in person. He's like, yeah, I know, he said, you don't get used to He did great job, even when like the goons were killed and he's all sad and ship like that, and then he wrapped that right.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: He was a hell of a showman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, he was perfect. In the original Dan Killian was doing all the he was good. Yeah he was. He was. He was the one that was the Ashuall host. So anyway, we at the end, y'all we made it. Y'all made it. And uh so now the resistance is alive, and well, uh Dan lost this person. So he goes out there he's trying to be the host himself and then there's explosions on stage and you know, with most people in power, what did he do? He ran and uh hel com Dan Killy, I mean, here come Ben Richards. You thought I was dead, walked up on him and you know, said yeah, I said, I'll suck you up.
Speaker 1: And there he is.
Speaker 2: And how did he find his wife? And she was under a different alias? Well, probably the hackers did it. I thought that was cute. She gave him a sock. She was bound to Cereal, She's reunited back because I was.
Speaker 4: Like, she'd get the sock and see him out there and then he had domestic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was a superhero announcementit he's in that Ben Riley costume from fider Man. You probably wouldn't get the reference. I don't, yeah, so but either way, I go, man, I love like you know, I get you out in like the actor. And that was a big no no for you guys.
Speaker 7: Blah blahlah.
Speaker 2: Man I was, I was. I was okay with it. I was okay with it. I can I can look past him. I liked the messaging of it. I thought the middle piece definitely dragged in parts. There were definitely some questions about fifteen sixteen days, you know, and they were at that point finding you at every goddamn location. So so, and you went a couple of days without them finding you. Now, part of that is that they're just prolonging it because it's the ratings, so you have to prolong the hunt in order to drive the ratings up to get people coming back. So you know, I get all that, But nevertheless, I think it was a serviceable remake, generous I'm partial to the villains in the first one and I was I was wondering if they could have done a version of that, because you had sub zero Busts all Dynamo because he's what he said, welcome to me, my love or something like that. You had Captain Freedom, and another one I can't remember. You have the black guy, the fire guy. We had the flamethrower. He was at, uh, he's a wanta want a light or something like that. The puns are crazy, spite you gotta watch it. Puns are crazy anyway, man. Yeah, let me let me all right, Well, that's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you guys that time we out. Peace. Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: You can
Speaker 2: Yeah,