Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody listening today this morning that's made let us majoined to be glad in it and here to help us get out.
Speaker 3: And they started. Is Pastor Ken Sullivan Jr.
Speaker 2: The senior pastor of New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Pastor Sullivan.
Speaker 4: Good morning Ricky and the Ricky Smiley Morning Show. Listen. This is Pastor Ken Sullivan, Junior, Senior pastor of New Direction Church. And I am so happy to be able to come and pray with us on today. Dear Heavenly Father, we are so grateful for this opportunity you've allowed us to have. God, we just praying asked it in this moment, even as we're preparing ourselves to head out to work and as we're going to our various places of destination. God, we just praying asked that you would guide us and that you would guard us. God, that you would give us safe passage to our jobs, to our places of work, and to our places of business. I just pray and ask God that you would guard the hearts and minds of your people, protect us from worrying, anxiety and fear. God, we thank you because your peace surpass us all understanding. So God, we pray and ask that you would give us peace and replace our worries and our doubts with your peace. God, we just praying asked that you would guard our hearts and our minds. We know that there's going to be things that happen on today that we did not anticipate.
Speaker 3: Things we didn't expect to go wrong.
Speaker 4: Things we were not looking forward to happening. But God, we just praying asked it in those moments, you would help us to take time to really thank you for all of the things that you have kept from happening. So Father, we just pray and asked that you would continue to cover your people, watch over us, bless us even as we head out to work, and God, let us be peacemakers on today. We pray and ask God that you would help us to be careful what we say and what we do and all of the different things that would tempt us. God, lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. God, we just pray and ask that you would on today cover us and keep us, guard us and guide us the Jesus name. We pray, Hey, man, listen, I am so grateful again, Ricky, thank you for having me on to pray today. Listen, family, I want to let you know that if you're ever in the Indianapolis area, we would love to have you stop by New Direction Church and be with us.
Speaker 3: Have a great day. Hey, y'all, that was Pastor Ken Sullivan Junior.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that to see and past the New Direction Church in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Speaker 3: Drop it like a to drop it.
Speaker 1: Like a spot.
Speaker 5: It's the aten time for the hot spot.
Speaker 3: What up, Brett? What up?
Speaker 5: Ricky?
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody. I'm your girl, Brett Tad Tad and this is the hotspot. But we bring you music, movies and more. So let's get on off into it well, y'all. Quiet Hollywood neighborhood. Hollywood Hills neighborhood became the scene of a major police response this past Saturday night after Los Angeles police answered the burglary call at a home owned by actress Nia long Now. According to reports, officers showed up after getting in for about a possible break in, and when they got there, the man was found. He had a dog with him and he was near the front entrance of her property. Now, within minutes, multiple patrol cars lined the street and the neighbors watched it all unfold. No, a man and his dog were taken into custody for trespassing after police found no evidence of an actual burglary. Investigators found no forced entry and believed the man had been suffering from mental health issues. His identity was with Hell, and further charges.
Speaker 5: Remained under review.
Speaker 1: Nia A.
Speaker 6: Lung was not in her home at the time of the incident, but her oldest son was reportedly there when the incident happened. So I guess it seems like some man was just wandering on her property, I guess, And there was reports of a burglary, but he didn't, you know, there was no force entry or anything. But I don't know what's gonna happen with this. But if it wasn't no force entry then and it probably wasn't the Burgergary, they probably was just nervous, maybe seeing them on the cameras or something and reported it all all the neighbors reported it.
Speaker 5: So anyway, moving on, y'all.
Speaker 6: It's always good to see family come back together, and that's exactly what happened with Brandy and ray j. After months and months of rumors that the siblings had grown apart. The two reunited over the weekend in Atlanta, and ray J shared the special moment on social media. He posted a video with Brandy and wrote in at a well, my best friend since I was born, Love you for life and even in my afterlife.
Speaker 5: Thank you for everything. And here's a clip of that video.
Speaker 7: Look who it is.
Speaker 8: Up here.
Speaker 1: I don't even know, I don't even want to.
Speaker 9: Know, but I just love this guy.
Speaker 5: I love it me too.
Speaker 6: They've always been close for real, their whole lives. They always together. Brandy responded was just this is much love commentsing love you, love you, love you, bro, along with a string of yellow heart emoji. So congratulations go out to them for reuniting. And I'm sure it felt so good. All right, y'all, Last but not Lee, Snoop Dogg almost turned down his deal with Sketchers, but it was Martha Stewart who encouraged him to do business with them. They're doing a recent appearance on All the Smoke Podcasts with.
Speaker 5: Matt barn Or Stephen Jackson.
Speaker 6: They talked about his deal on Here's what they said Sketchers.
Speaker 3: Congratulations on that, by the way, Thank Martha. Stewart for that.
Speaker 9: Somebody from my team was blocking, but he was blocking for the right reasons because he felt like Sketches and me didn't connect. He felt like it was a brand that was beneath me, but all shoes are beneath me. Took Steward's advice. She was like, she said, Snoop, you should get with Sketchers because they don't have anyone like you. They'll give you as many shoes as you want. You should meet the owner. He used to run La Gear. When I meet the owner, oh my, he's my kind of guy, elder guy player. Understand it. Bring me down to the office. They made thirty shoes with my name and all kind of got an office laid up.
Speaker 3: This is what we want to do for you. What you think?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 3: Where is the paper? Let's go?
Speaker 5: I know that's right man.
Speaker 6: Congratulations go out to Snoop for accepting that deal with Sketches.
Speaker 5: What just getting ready to say.
Speaker 8: I was gonna say he and Martha Stewart's relationship how weird. Everybody's like they're so weird. But it seems like he takes advice from her, like yeah.
Speaker 5: Really good friends.
Speaker 6: That absolutely, that is what's up.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to both of them.
Speaker 6: And if marthe still want to give me some advice, girl, give you my information.
Speaker 5: You got to catch me on the Ricky Smile to.
Speaker 3: Get some off of that girl.
Speaker 2: I thought the one started in the oven and they because they make them like one big one in.
Speaker 3: One small on the curve.
Speaker 6: If y'all missed it, make sure you check it out on the Ricky Smile podcast.
Speaker 5: Please doing Ricky right now. Wherever you get your podcast, you can catch me on off my social media. So so Brett now.
Speaker 3: Damn and with the Nuggas h.
Speaker 7: Oh yes about their time for another HPC. You know we're gonna always put a spotlight on our heroes. And she rolls that attended or currently attend her historically back colleges in universities. Can we skip it on down to Virginia State University establishing eighteen.
Speaker 3: And a two, home of the Orange and Blue Trojans.
Speaker 7: Shout out to the Trojan Explosion Marching Band.
Speaker 3: It's about to go down.
Speaker 7: Talk about one of y'all's courage students, Miss Christina Piercy.
Speaker 5: It's your time to shine, boy.
Speaker 1: But my name is Christina Percy. I'm a third generation Virginia State University, Trojan of the Honors College. I chose Virginia State University because of the family oriented field. As a student, I always feel like the staff is always they always have my back. I always feel supported by my friends as well the facilcy, my speech and debate team at Regina State. I'm working forward to my political science degree as my bachelor's and going into law school after I graduate. I'm just really excited for what the future.
Speaker 7: Old Christina Piercy another prime HBCU trail Blaze it from Virginia State University.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know, now you know.
Speaker 7: If you want to share your HBCU story or if you have someone you want us to spotlight, follow and dm us on Instagram.
Speaker 3: At hbc you know.
Speaker 8: Okay, Ricky, Today is National Underwear Day, and yes it's exactly what it sounds like. Yes, every August fifth, people celebrate the one thing we all wear, but hope nobody else.
Speaker 3: Sees I mean, unless you weren't some keywins.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: They actually started back in two thousand and three as a campaign promoting body confidence. In its sense turn into an excuse to refresh your underwear drawer. Now, whether you're rocking box So's Breeves, Box Breeths, thongs like Gary, or those lucky drawers you've had since college. Today might be the day to let them go, because how about this, y'all. Experts say you're supposed to replace your underwear every six to twelve months.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 8: I probably have underwear from college.
Speaker 3: I'm not even kidding. Yeah, oh my god, absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 6: It's wash day, lung as, they ain't falling apart and they clean. It ain't nothing wrong with that, thank you.
Speaker 8: I want to prove I can so fit on.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? Okay, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Man. Underweight don't last that long as y'all have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but those of us who have like hundreds of underwears, that's fine. But for those of you who have three and four pair, I could see why you would say that Ricky got don't have.
Speaker 8: Okay everything she said, but everybody, come on, dogg like that, Ricky, Ricky don't. Everybody's got that one pair they've been hanging on to for way large.
Speaker 5: And they should have and just keep it. Maybe it's the.
Speaker 8: First pair of under where you wore with your with your significant other and you had to save it.
Speaker 5: Maybe it was wedding night to mental beal, Yes, state night, whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah I got, I'm guilty, man. I still got some Santa Claus underwear that.
Speaker 7: My yes stare little.
Speaker 2: I still fast brand and Alfridas didn't have no draws.
Speaker 3: Punky Woman. I saw when they pulled them off, Punky Woman. They put them in the washing machine, funky woman.
Speaker 2: Then draws didn't come out cleaning woman. They put them on the train track, funky woman. Train start bagging backuny woman.
Speaker 3: They gave him the Santa Claus. Santa Claus that won't no funky drawers. Oh my gosh, how old are you?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's happened this morning?
Speaker 3: I remember that from middle school?
Speaker 5: I know no, honey, what sir? We don't know nothing about this? And why rock Tin are seeing it?
Speaker 3: Like he know the words?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Everybody grew up on funking woman.
Speaker 5: No they didn't, Okay, yeah, but I went.
Speaker 2: I went a jockey box of Breefe and I keep some extra pair like when I travel Black Brand New Path in the pack.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: Do you throw the old ones away?
Speaker 2: I throw them away because some of them underwear when you wash them, they won't turn all the way back white when the material gets old.
Speaker 8: Okay, first off, don't wear white men.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 5: We not wear a white draws.
Speaker 3: White gonna tell the truth. I canna tell you to go in there and get back in the shower, wash and wash you.
Speaker 2: We need white towels and white underwear becuse they're gonna tell the truth.
Speaker 3: Hershing Highway.
Speaker 1: You got
Speaker 2: In the first base, Show them streaks,