Speaker 1: And there we go.
Speaker 2: You do anything you have a chance against donor mister cowboy.
Speaker 3: What'd you like to?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know, play chess?
Speaker 5: Screw well, let's play chip.
Speaker 1: They give off to Jonathan Taylor, Chuck running its way flock to.
Speaker 3: The goal line.
Speaker 6: He's in there.
Speaker 1: Cut down and see why, Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 3: Here's hav aberd into the front. Poor mishandled it.
Speaker 7: Mcgainst a shot here, John, I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come.
Speaker 8: Troops A ride with JMD on ninety three five and one seven five The Bad.
Speaker 9: I thought we had a really good camp and just the intensity of practice, you know, being in great conditioning shape. I really like where our football teams act.
Speaker 6: We've both been trying to put our best foot forward. We've both been grinding, you know, trying to take over the team. So they haven't made a decision yet, so I think we're doing a good job.
Speaker 5: I've improved day to day.
Speaker 10: I made progress kind of learning the system and executing. I think there's always things you're working on and trying to clean up.
Speaker 6: I'm just trying to do my job, you know, do everything I can to help myself in this job. Just trying to do my part and just let everybody else make their decision.
Speaker 3: Now there you go.
Speaker 1: A lot of coach camp conversation right there is they wrap things up yesterday and I was there along with a lot of you welcome in. It is the Friday edition, and I think it's one of the few times on a Friday.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if that starts next week.
Speaker 1: I know that it starts officially the week after, but this will be one of the final fridays in which we are in studio downtown on the Circle.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking about this, Nathaniel, it may be.
Speaker 1: The last Friday that I'm in the studio because of you know, where we're embarking upon as far as new studios are concerned. So hey, there you go. This could be a celebration of sorts. And with a celebration you have to have substantial, incredible, friendly, high quality guests, and we have that today. For one, we have a couple of triumphant returns.
Speaker 3: We are a week away.
Speaker 1: We got some scrimmages going on around the state and football later on tonight, but we have football high school wise starting coming up next week, so we will welcome back at the bottom of the hour, friend of the show, and yet another year, another season. Nathan, though, do you know what year this is for Bob Lovell and Indiana Sports Talk.
Speaker 11: I believe it is thirty one or three.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely outstanding.
Speaker 3: That is an institution right there.
Speaker 1: Our friend Bob Lovell is back off of vacation hiatus. I think we've heard from Bob since right before the greatest spectacle in racing.
Speaker 3: That is normalcy, and Bob is.
Speaker 1: Back coming up later on today, we are going to talk about all the high school football coming up next week. I'm sure some of the scrimmages around the state of Indiana. College stuff about ready to get underway, whether you're talking about still living that dream of the euphoria of a year ago and hoping it transitions into year two with Kurt Signetti and Bloomington, Barry Odom year in number one in West Lafayette and another playoff opportunity for Marcus Freeman and the fighting Irish. Oh yeah, Michigan getting in an ass load of trouble. There's a lot of giggling and a lot of snickering going on. I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: Giggle and snicker. All you want.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty three is a distant memory. If that huh from Michigan and Jim Harbaugh, then those around him cheating, cheating will get you cheating down him. And we'll go over that, I'm sure a little bit later on today, But the return of Bob Lovell, who joins us coming up at the bottom of the hour. Much like the Fridays in studio, we're also counting down the days of hashtag gas Pat and Pat Sullivan. And really we've been sidetracked this year in a good way because of the Pacers and their deep Pat Sullivan hashtag gas Pat this summer. But we're gonna have Pat in studio a little bit later on and we'll see has he sent us exactly what we're giving away yet I'm not sure. Yeah, see Simon note and see what he's given away. Because normally people jump all over it when it's free. YETI it's me yedie. That's kind of the slogan, you know, the slogan, if it's free, it's me. If it's free YETI it's me yeie. This is wondering if that's the direction in which Pat is going to go. Pat Sullivan, Sullivan Hardware and Garden is going to join us coming up in the four o'clock hour. I'm trying to track down. I'm not sure she's going to to be able to come on, but I do know that the Brewers and the Reds play over in Cincinnati, coming up later on tonight, The red hot Brewers. Can I say the red hot Reds? They won what two in a row? That's like red hot for me.
Speaker 11: By the way they played against the Phillies, I think you can no cool.
Speaker 3: By the way these cubs uniforms.
Speaker 1: I glanced out of the corner of my eye they're playing the Pirates, and it looked like the Montreal Expos. I thought sure that that was the Expos playing out there. I almost got I got a bit of a sports semi right there, because I thought the Expos.
Speaker 3: Were out there.
Speaker 1: Anybody else, anybody else loved to see the expos of the exposed uniforms resurface.
Speaker 3: Anything better than that Cobs uniforms.
Speaker 1: And somebody said this the other day, if it's powder blue, it should be on you. I would agree. If you wear powder blue. You always wear it. If you've ever worn powder blue, see you, Jeff, you should wear it again.
Speaker 3: If it's powder blue, it's you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I look like the Montreal expos I thought that that was Steve Rogers out there on the hill, but it's not.
Speaker 3: But Pirates and Cubs underway.
Speaker 1: Top of four, no score, Regular field in Chicago with the North Side expos I mentioned the Brewers and the Reds. Trisha Whittaker a part of Apple TV, and they're broadcast. I think she is over there. I'm going to see if she's got a couple of minutes to spare to come on. We're talking about the two hottest teams of the national out really, but yeah, the Brewer is certainly the hottest team in baseball. The Reds are playing better. Hopefully this is not a mirage. Something I want to grasp, something that I want to be a part, I want to ride, I want to get excited about it. Hopefully that's the case. Now you know what happens the Reds fans understand there's really fans of anything around here.
Speaker 5: Understand it.
Speaker 1: When I get this deeply involved and into it, the inevitable occurs. I screw up the run, I screw up the moment and losing happens.
Speaker 3: It's just the way that it is. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Brewers in Red skimming up later on tonight at six forty from Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati. We'll see if Tricia can join us. Hopefully she can carve out a couple of minutes for us quickly from Cincinnati for Apple TV, and also a return for the Voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher, who has been in Puerto Rico this past week, who was missed out on yet another opportunity of Our Table, as he did last Friday. I don't know what the our Table situation is. I don't know how long he's been home. I don't know if he's reacclimated to being here in Johnson County. But the Voice of the Hoosier's Don Fisher, will go over what a lot of you are interested in just exactly how Darren Debries and his Hoosier team looked, because you don't really know other than the updates and some of the video that got shot back. I know Jeff rab John's was down there. I know Jim Coyle was down there. There were a variety of people that were down there that do cover the Hoosiers, But we'll get the voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher to talk that up coming up at the five o'clock gower. The Pirates go up a run with a run scoring double in the top of the fourth inning. Won nothing. Pirates over the Cubs again as they play and they bat. The Pirates do in the top of the fourth inning, but no Voice of the Hoosiers Don Fisher is going to join us coming up in the five o'clock hour per usual.
Speaker 3: Cannot wait for that.
Speaker 1: You got the fever later on tonight, Eddie Garrison seven point fifteen Tip Time with the Washington Mystics is at seven point thirty tonight at Gambridge fieldal So, a great night to the little pregame at District Tap and a little postgame at District Tap. Let me tell you this, this is just my advice. Now, I'm taking my own advice here because I've got a lot to do coming up tomorrow, and I'm sure you guys aren't the same. But tomorrow. If you've noticed around this area, they're are massive amounts of orange barrels, and especially in the vicinity of Lucas Oil stadium, and those evidently are not going to disappear just because there's a preseason game two with the Packers and the Colts. I guess they're closing northbound sixty five. I'll have to ask Matt Bear a little bit later on the traffic gurub over on ninety three WYBC, but I believe they're closing northbound sixty five for the weekend, which seems like just a fantastic idea. So, if you're going to the game tomorrow, and this is not going to be your average preseason game, and here's why one coats fans early on, you're going to go and watch something that everybody that covers this team seems to believe will have a profound impact on the quarterback that starts in week number one. So I'm just assuming by this quarterback competition that we're all going to go down there tomorrow and watch these two quarterbacks battle it out in the first half, and the best man wins the starting position for Week number one. Is that how this goes? Or do you think has already been decided? Regardless, a lot of people are drawn to this game more than normal because of that. And then you have the Packers in town and packer fans. They not only just travel, but there are a lot of packer fans around here that are going to head downtown and check it out. And my advice to you is to leave, and to leave early. I mean, how go to the district tap for example, or join us in Touchdowntown. Actually you probably should leave even earlier in that I start at ten am in Touchdowntown coming up tomorrow morning, If Casey, bill Brooks, Joe Writs, and Rick Venturi, I am going to leave incredibly early, and then I'm just going to stay downtown because I have the JMV takeover coming up at six o'clock. It does me absolutely no good to try to get back home and try to get back downtown. I just simply put, don't want to jack with it. I was talking to Jason Allen Hammer of Hammer and Nigel before the show in our normal meeting, and he said, man, that is a long day for you, but the day's even longer. Last thing I want to do is run my weekend by being pissed off and being caught in traffic. And believe me, tomorrow there's going to be no way around it. If you leave at your normal time or later than normal. You are going to get caught in heavy amounts of traffic, and I'm just trying to do you a solid right here. I don't want to see you pissed. I don't want to see you surly. I don't want to see you angry. I don't want to see any road raging because it is going to be a pain in the butt to get around. So my advice to you is hanging around downtown. I'm not trying to sell you anything on it. I just want you to stay chilled. We don't have a lot of these weekends remaining. We're going to get into the thicket things, as I mentioned coming up, whether it's on Friday night for football, or Saturdays for college football, or Sundays with the Colts. We are about ready to get into it, and these weekends that we have so celebrated in the past couple of months will disappear and will be a fleeting memory. So for you, get down early. If you want to hang with us and touch downtown. I think that is a tremendous idea Hell, I'll drink some beers with you, know that, no problem with it.
Speaker 3: If you want to hang out during the game.
Speaker 1: After the game, I'm going to be down here doing a little JAMBI takeover at six o'clock. Going to be one on five point seven tomorrow night. So again, if you want to hang, we can all hang. But I'm just trying to provide a service for you because this is going to be a massive pain and there's just no way around it. I didn't do the scheduling. I don't know who did the scheduling, but that's the way it's going to be. And in fact, I think you're going to be witnessing a lot of this for a long period of time. I'll give you a great example. If you're coming up from the south side. And I know oftentimes if you're from Boone, Hamilton or Hancock County, everybody kind of forgets about that. But if you're coming up from the south side, it is awful because last check, here's what's going to happen. Sixty five northbound is going to be closed. Madison going northbounds down to one lane. I want to say that Meridian is closed up by where that greenhouse is, and then shout out to the Indiana Railroad Company because damn believe they're going to park their big ass train right in the middle of the intersection on bluff.
Speaker 3: So you guys have nowhere to go nowhere.
Speaker 1: So what you gotta do is you got to chill, or better yet, you got to plan, and you got to leave early because I don't want this bringing it down. I want you to celebrate and have yourself one fantastic weekend, and it is going to be. It is going to be painful at times coming up tomorrow, but take a little bit of that pain away and plan accordingly.
Speaker 3: Now we'll see if the Colts are doing so as well.
Speaker 1: If you are going to gauge, for example, by either what you read or I guess if you were out there what you witnessed, I'll give you a great story. So I talked to Mike Chappel, and this is nothing against either because they both watched. But people just have different viewpoints. And if you remember, I talked to Greg reichsdraw prior to the end of practice, so things may have dramatically changed, but I got like everybody you talked to you out there had different stories regarding this Coats team and how it played, and how the quarterbacks played and how everybody looked. So the one thing I think we all have going for is tomorrow, and I'll I often wondered if there was going to be more of a decision being made during the joint practice yesterday or during the game coming up tomorrow. Mike Chaffel suggested that, well, it's always better to do it in a real game.
Speaker 3: Type of situation. So I'll take him on his word.
Speaker 1: But again, you had differing opinions on how everybody looked in some terms. You know, well, Richardson, you know, made this pass here, but the short stuff wasn't good. You know, Daniel Jones is not dynamic enough, but he made passes that somebody. Hell, I don't know, So I guess what I'm going to tell you is I gather that what we witness in the first half coming up tomorrow is going to be.
Speaker 3: The decision, is it not?
Speaker 1: That is going to be the equivalent of the Lebron James decision. I am going to take my talents to week number one, so I would assume preseason wise, and I hate to hang it because if may turn out to be nothing, and I mean, hell, maybe they've already made the decision. And I hate to say it because it's a preseason game. And I also hate to say it because I haven't done too much really good solid recognizing and comparing the thatch for the past to where we are right now. But I can't remember like a more important preseason game moment, series handful of series than Saturday. Is that fair to say? I know that that doesn't have the impact, and I'm not trying to make it impactful for you at all. It sounds weird when I even say it. Wow, this is going to be the most important moment in preseason history. That sounds pretty stupid, But it would seem that tomorrow is going to have a strong effect on how you see things and how things are witnessed at the beginning of the regular season, and Week number one, for example against the Dolphins seems like a pretty big deal. I don't remember vividly a lot of other deals that you would consider what's going on here, and especially all those that have I know you're going to say finally, and you should that are going to have gigs writing on what transpires, all the decisions that are made, and then how those decisions end up showing the results, hopefully the positive results.
Speaker 3: But it is a big deal.
Speaker 1: It's a preseason game two on a Saturday afternoon, big deal.
Speaker 11: Do you want to hear what Stikeen said about all that about when he's going to name the QB and all.
Speaker 3: That Shane Stikeen has told us and here he is.
Speaker 11: So this is the first question from Kravitz. He said, do you want to make this decision on Saturday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll work through that. You know, we got obviously had today.
Speaker 9: We got a preseason game, and we got some practices next week and we'll work through it again. I don't have exact timetable on it, but sooner than later it would be nice. Shane. How much of the quarterback decisions that come down to stuff that you know, us.
Speaker 1: Fans can't really.
Speaker 6: See easily the you know, is it.
Speaker 9: The right play, that's all the right spot that kind Yeah, I think that's a big part of it playing in this league is the operation of it and moving the ball consistently up and down the field. Like I said, both of them have been doing a nice job.
Speaker 5: So we'll go from there.
Speaker 9: But I'm pleased with both of them, and we'll make that decision what needs to be made.
Speaker 4: You will tell us how But do you do you know where you're going.
Speaker 5: With this, I don't.
Speaker 9: I mean, I want to see how this thing plays out on Saturday. Uh, and then we'll see, you know, early in the next week and see where it goes, see where it goes.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: So yeah, whenever I make it is going to be made.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 1: The only thing of note right there is we'll see how it goes on Saturday, don't you guys think? And here in lies the problem Nathaniel or anybody else out there that I've talked about all week long. When you're playing a team in the preseason that's playing all at second stringers, do you get a really good look. Here's the worst thing that can happen is throughout this team. The worst thing can happen is if they look bad against these second third stringers and those that are going to be on the practice squad for the Packers, if they look bad tomorrow. And I talked about the relative level of apathy that many have for this team right now, can you imagine the growth of that? And yeah, I've said this before. I come from a very small school in southwestern Indiana, and it was always kind of our it was our dream, We're going to play the big schools and that'd be great, but you know, at times, what does that have for the big schools. It is if you win, you're supposed to and if you lose, it's awful, it's terrible, and you're getting ripped. That's similar to what you're going to see coming up tomorrow. That's what you're going to see in this quarterback battle. That's what you're going to see with this team. These similarities do abound. So yeah, there was a lot of really nothing right there. So I'm going to say what Mike Chappel said yesterday. I still think stands is what you do in a game. The problem that you're going to have is how deeply can you gauge a game when there's not any frontline guys in there.
Speaker 3: That's tomorrow ten am and Touchdowntown.
Speaker 1: That's when we officially get things underway preseason game number two, me, Casey Valier, Matt Taylor's going to be a part of it and countdown to kick off. You got Bill Brooks, you got Joe Rides, she got Rick Venture, he got Rick for I think three segments coming up tomorrow which should be outstanding.
Speaker 3: And as Rick told us earlier in the.
Speaker 1: Week, he's more I don't know where if it stands the same right now, but he was more on the side of Daniel Jones. But it is going to be a very interesting Colts pregame huddle. I promise you tomorrow morning at ten am, so at the very least, if you don't go early and you are stuck in traffic, make sure that you have things cranked with us on ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan tomorrow leading up the preseason game number two. I should give you a reminder by the way, too, three one seven two, three nine ten seventy. That's how you can send if you like, and we have some already in if you want to send me.
Speaker 3: A text. It's the text stream, I guess is what we call it.
Speaker 1: Here. Give me a great example of the text stream JMV. It looks like to me and Daniel Jones interviews is a man who knows he is not the starter, but is prepping to eventually be the one.
Speaker 3: I can buy that, like, I've thought.
Speaker 1: All along that it was going to be Anthony Richardson anyway, and I'm not going to move off of that. I haven't really read into too much what Daniel Jones has said and how he saying, and then whether or not it's not the case.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to dismiss it at all, not in the least.
Speaker 1: So if you'd like to join us, you certainly can three one seven, two, three nine, ten seventy. That is our tech stream. I mean you can also utilize that to call in, but that is our techt stream. I'll get your message, I'll read it, and we'll uh, we'll get you on the air that way. If you say something good, you say something bad. But I didn't want to clear things and I don't know how this got started. Evidently this morning on the Morning Show inside their equivalent of the Triple A membership lounge for your YouTube live, all of a sudden, I started getting all these condolences on my social media regarding my mom. So I guess somebody got in there this morning and said my mom had died. And I don't really know because I I don't get in there often. Here's why too, I don't get in there very often because when I did get in there, I found myself kind of just focused on being in there, and there's a lot of other things going on. Not everybody is in there, so you know, it's hard not to just have back and forth dialogue in there only, and that's a bit of a turn off to everybody else, so I've kind of distanced myself from doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that you enjoyed.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you enjoyed just conversing with us or getting to us, or being a part of the show that's really special to us all. But I didn't get inside the TRIPAA membership lounge all that often, so I started getting all these condolence messages, and I didn't know what the hell was going on. And then somebody had said, hey, I'm sorry. They they somebody had said your mom had passed away inside the chat room on the morning show, and I said, well, I just talked to her like twenty minutes ago, so I called her even after that. She was going to odin. She called me and says, hey, do you want me to get you some meat? And I said, probably not, because I don't know what I'm going to get down there, probably not this weekend, so don't worry about the meat. And that's awesome. Of Gee asked me about the meet but she called me early as usual, and then went to Odin and I was trying to call her after somebody had mentioned that and Mini had mentioned that, and didn't get a hold of her. And then I got a hold of her and I actually told her. I said, hey, somebody inside the chat room in the morning show said you were dead. And her response was and I regret not taping it because this would have been awesome, And this is a direct quote. Her response was, I am right effing here. I said, okay, you are who would do that? And then she said, oh, I think I know who would do it. And I said, no, you don't, like she's thinking of people down there the era that might do it, which is probably many. So this should probably rubbed some people the wrong way over these eighty years. But I did know. I don't know who did it, but it was all started and the reason why I had to check in.
Speaker 3: And it's not like I do think it's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of a hassle because the one thing that I wanted to guard against was one of my kids, Like Blake was working part time and he was at work and Lanny was at school, and you never know if there's you know, somebody that's going to run into Blake and say I'm sorry to hear about your grandma or something.
Speaker 3: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: So I did have to track everybody down this morning and say, hey, you know you may hear this, but she's good to go, and as cantankerous as ever, I am right effing here. Cool all right then? And I think Nathaniel, she had gone to the Odin locker and bought turkey and somewhere along the way dropped it. And she was retracing her steps to find out where the thing And listen, if you've dropped the turkey somewhere out in front of your house, a pack of wolves probably has it. But she is present and account as poor. I do want to thank you guys for this, even though it was a false alarm, and I'm very glad that it is. It is very nice for you guys to reach out of that capacity and be thinking about me. So if you feel embarrassed because you did mention that, don't it is not a big deal, not at all. In fact, through her contankerous ways, she thought it was pretty funny. And now she's just sitting at home thinking about down there who did it? Even though I told her. It was nobody down there, but g is seventy nine going to be eighty and present and accounted for. Thank you guys very much for the thoughts our quick break. We shall return. The return of Bob Lovell on the other side. Hashtag asked Pat Pat Sullivan Sullivan Hardware and Garden coming up the four o'clock hour, and the return of the Voice of the Hoosiers Don Fisher, not only his return to the show, but back from Puerto Rico with the basketball team. We'll talk to the Voice of the Hoosiers in the five o'clock hour. The stream, the app, it's HD Radio, the Triple A Membership lounge via YouTube live. I can see your messages coming in right now. You can also catch up three one seven, two, three nine, ten seventy with those messages. You can call in do whatever you like on this Friday. Just don't go anywhere. Naty three five to one oh seven five the fan, the ride.
Speaker 3: With JMV coming up our conversation.
Speaker 1: Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan. Nathaniel Finch is guiding us. Remember on the inbound tomorrow got that early afternoon game preseason Game two against the packers at Lucas Oil Stadium. Gotta leave with plenty of time. I know I sound like Ward Cleaver, Trey, we better leave like nine hours before we need to be there. I'm not trying to be Ward Cleaver here. I just want to save you the hassle. And you're pissing and your moaning and you're being upset on the weekend that you need to embrace and have some fun. I just don't want you down like that. And believe me, you're going to be hit with a downer if you jack around and you don't get started, cause I'm just going to be a mess around around Lucas Oil Stadium especially. Just take my word, leave early, join us and chill, Join us and chill Meantime on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline, speaking of joining us and always chilling, I was doing the math in my head right here, and then I reached out to Nathaniel and said, what year is this for Indiana Sports Talk and the return edition with Bob Lovell at the helm and Bob joins us?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Is this thirty one? Thirty two? That's incredible?
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Let them. Have we done any research in this market that who around here has maintained on the air in any any way, any form, any fashion in thirty two years like that, I mean Chuck, Chuck Laughton would have been the last one that comes to mind, and he retired back in June.
Speaker 12: I've not looked at it, John, I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I just know that we've been on since nineteen ninety four, and aside from some heart is shoes, I've made most of those weekends.
Speaker 3: That's because you're the man.
Speaker 4: It's because I'm not very smart.
Speaker 5: Giving up every.
Speaker 4: Weekend I have to talk about the football and.
Speaker 1: Bat well and listen, don't how smart I am. Don't say that out loud, because you got somebody sitting right here talking to you, following in your Saturday night footsteps.
Speaker 3: So yes, but I just do have the music.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you and.
Speaker 4: I've had that discussion before. I think you're crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean I do, I'm not.
Speaker 5: I love you, I love you, but I still think you're crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have a chance to be at home and be with the family and get you want to you want to play.
Speaker 1: Music, playing music for the masses, and you're talking sports for the masses. Thirty thirty two years yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nobody really doesn't ring a bell here. I'm sure there's probably probably somebody.
Speaker 12: But well, you know, you know, I don't you know me, I don't get caught up in that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just know that.
Speaker 5: Of course we do sports.
Speaker 4: And so guys like Chuck and others who do things infinitely more important than what I do. I'm just having a good time sitting in my house talking to my friends about sports and getting paid for it. And so if there's a sweeter gig around other than maybe yours, h I think I'm okay.
Speaker 3: Now we have some sweet gigs, with no doubt about that.
Speaker 1: You are a week away from things being official at the high school football level, right, you got a lot of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: I give you great example.
Speaker 1: How about are you jealous that you can't be down at Eastern Green with the Thunderbirds in Brown County and their scrimmage and football. Can you imagine how they're tripping the light fantastic on the grid iron tonight.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm I'm not jealous, although I would.
Speaker 5: I'd like to be there.
Speaker 12: I'd like to That's the one down side of this gig that I have. John is I don't get to see games.
Speaker 4: You know, it's kind of hard to squeeze in and beat the game and then be in front of a microphone and all that stuff, and so, uh, it's it's hard. It's and I have to talk about twenty or so games that I haven't seen, but nothing beats being there in person and getting.
Speaker 12: The emotion and feeling what that's all about.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure Green County is the anticipation is incredibly high down there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine, with all due respect, they could be worse football viewed than that.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I don't know. I might be wrong.
Speaker 1: There may be something worse out there, but that seems like, until further notice, not great.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's their most prominent alum.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's coming upon you to come to their financial rescue and help them out.
Speaker 1: I just I wonder. I don't know if this is an eastern Green if this is in Eastern Hides, If this isn't Nashville, I think it'd be worth the trip to go over there because you can hang around in Nashville afterwards. But if this is in the Eastern Hides, yeah, I don't know. I don't know about that, and it will be like a hundred degrees in both places, I think at the beginning of this, so that should be great.
Speaker 4: Sounds to me like you're not also going to come to their aid financially, I try.
Speaker 12: You're trying to dodge.
Speaker 5: You're trying to dodge that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told them not to use the stucco on that building when they built that thing.
Speaker 3: Just stick with the old building. It was made of brick.
Speaker 1: It has a long time left in it, right, But we got to have a new school. We've got a host of sectional we've.
Speaker 3: Got to do. This went against it.
Speaker 1: Now kids are hooking holes in the side of the building, the stuccol building with their pens.
Speaker 3: Well done.
Speaker 12: That's it right there.
Speaker 5: They need you, they need your leadership.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. Hey, I will say this, Do we start at the top of the list in six A with things getting real next week with Brownsburg, cg LN Westfield, Hamilton Southeastern. As they would say, the usual suspects, Well they really are.
Speaker 4: And that's the one thing about football, John, especially in our state, it seems quite frankly that it is the usual suspects.
Speaker 12: If you will, and you know it's.
Speaker 4: Hard to go against the Brownsburg teams that won the six A championship with a tremendously talented group of sophomores, and l N had a tremendous run. I think everybody understands.
Speaker 12: That the l N helps you open your next week is.
Speaker 4: What could be one of the best games, if not the best game in the state.
Speaker 12: And you know Westfield, everybody thinks highly of them as they do.
Speaker 5: Center growing rightfully, so.
Speaker 4: You hit your Central bumping up to sixth A makes it kind of interesting, quite frankly.
Speaker 12: And then Hamilton County.
Speaker 4: Just continues to win HSA and Fishers Carmel. I think what John Ebert is going to do well Warren Central, Min Davis, some great six to eight teams around our state, and as you pointed out, some really good ball games next week.
Speaker 1: The elevation of Decatur Central that has been so good athletically really across the board, but especially in football, what's that going to do for the southwest side.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to get even more energized than what they are.
Speaker 12: To be honest, I think that they are.
Speaker 4: You know everybody, look, Decatur Central football's have a long, long tradition of success dating back to when I was in school one hundred years ago, and so they don't need much invitation to go out and have fun with their hawks.
Speaker 5: But they're good.
Speaker 4: I mean both Polston's as good as it gets at quarterback, and this should be a fun, fun group to watch.
Speaker 5: Quite frankly.
Speaker 1: So five A Newpal Cathedral, Maryllville, Bloomington South East Center. I'm kind of going down in some preseason polls right here. I guess we'll start with those those five particular teams in that class.
Speaker 4: It's hard, I mean Newpal Cathedral, if you can, those are two tremendous teams. You know, New Pal one four got bumped up to five A. So that's their dynamic going into a Cathedral, had a great run last year. A lot of those guys are back. I think that clearly. You start with those two Merrillville as you mentioned up North, Bloomington South. Haven't heard much of them lately, but they've got a good group East Central one in four a's so they bump up to five. H. Loftier, Jeff Castle, Whiteland, Mike Quakers have to be in this discussion in five A.
Speaker 12: And so there's a lot, a lot of good teams, especially here in Central Indiana.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for a, I didn't want to bring this up because we talked so much about him a year ago. It was a renaissance campaign with the audience down in Morgan count Martinsville, and I know friend of the show Ryan Wolf of son Reese is going to be a senior down there, and it was a fantastic player And I think they bring back some of what got them again that renaissance season the yeargo.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the artist in four um?
Speaker 4: I think, as you point out, they have some guys back. I think the one thing is, you know they have a group that understands what they have to do. They've gotten better and you get a little bit of taste of success and you want much more of it. I think when you look at fo A, I think they have a legitimate chance. But there's some really really good teams. I mean Harty Shills with the Goldsbury Kids, Jet Goldsbury one of the best around is very good. Shitard is always good. I shall walk up back from a great run rights Greenfield Central here locally having a good run added too, Danville. As hard as it is for me to support Danville from my days back in Playfield.
Speaker 12: They have a really really good team Greenwood Martins. Dull is right in that discussion, So I'd be optimistic.
Speaker 4: If I were a fan of the Archesian's quite frankly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe another good season, back to back good seasons too. Stard Heritage Hills, East Noble, Michellwaka, Greenfield Central. You know down in southern Indiana, it's rights Rod Colly maybe back in the mix a little bit. I think a year ago there were six and five were the Royals. So that's all coming up in four A and Bob Lovell's got everything for you later on tonight this for as Indiana Sports Talk and season number thirty two for Bob coming up later on tonight. Three A Lewres Memorial, Gibson, Southern Lawrenceburg, Modern Day of Evansville, Adams Central, Lnton Lutheran, and Ran Central Catholic two way. And then in Class A Providence North, Judson, South Putt, North de Cata among those starting at the top to start a season. So yeah, there are some good squads up there really from class to class to begin this season, well, there.
Speaker 4: Are I think football in our stage gets better and better more and more players are recruited by power conferences. I think it's a reflection on the great coaching. We have, the great players and great support in institutions and communities around our state, and so this should be. We're hopeful that weather is able to let us have some great work in the next few weeks, and so excited about season thirty two.
Speaker 12: We started this show.
Speaker 4: John when I when I was twenty and so so I'm looking.
Speaker 12: Forward to it.
Speaker 3: It's Bob Lovell.
Speaker 1: Number thirty two starts letter on tonight, back to back Friday and Saturday nights with Indiana Sports Talk around the state of Indiana. It's simply putting us not get any better. And Bob's on the Andymore Automotive Group hotline per usual, Bob, every Friday, this is your spots. Cannot wait to get us started for real, coming up next Friday night.
Speaker 3: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: John, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Great to have him back. Bob Lovel of Indiana Sports Talk. Right there, no no. Jeremiah Wheatley says that means Friday night football is al must almost here.
Speaker 3: It does three one, seven, two, nine, ten seventy.
Speaker 1: The stream text is going on right around text stream going on to me stuff, I'll read it, call me, I'll put you on. Hashtag asked Pat, Get questions for Pat Sullivan Top of the Hour Voice of the Hoosiers Don Fisher, his return coming up in the five o'clock hour Sit Tight. Friday edition of this show is on ninety three five and one oh seven The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: Canna buy you guys at Drake.
Speaker 8: Guess ninety three five and one oh seven five the Ban This is not the.
Speaker 1: Case with Lou Graham and Foreigner won't be one o five to seven to the life version right here, Cold as Ice and I do have free edny to give away, and you guys love yourself some free eddie courtesy of Sullivan Hardware and Garden.
Speaker 3: Hashtag ass Pat.
Speaker 1: Get those questions in cole You can even send them via the tech stream three one seven, two three nine ten seventy. Pat Sullivan joins us now in studio. It's a huge weekend at Sullivan Hardware and Garden because it is It is Eggfest, this seventeenth annual egg Fest. Big damn deal. Right, when do we begin with egg Fast? How many eggs do we have? Cooking smoke about seventy seventy seventy five seventy meat smokers.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is just outstanding.
Speaker 1: So all of our teams are a lot of the teams are already there and prepping for tomorrow. So it's really a kind of a fun experience for them. Yeah, they get together, you know, maybe they have they put together a group of guys friends and they show up every year and they cook will and late into the night and the beer is flowing in the stories and love it. Yeah. So what is the what is the most unique meat that you have being smoked right now?
Speaker 3: Anything stand out?
Speaker 1: So you know, occasionally there'll be some lamb, but I don't think there's anything. Because I used to go to a mutton fest Evoca, Indiana and Lawrence County. There's this old fish hatchery, the Evocas Fish Hatchery, and they had a like a mutton picnic back in the summertime all through these years. Can't do that.
Speaker 3: You can't do that anymore now.
Speaker 1: You know what, when I was that bad, when I was in World War two, we got some mutton, Yeah, and it had gone bad and it stunk so bad we actually threw it overboard.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: And my dad told that story so many times. I literally felt like I was standing on the deck of that ship. So there is Mutton frowned upon now, only in World War two when it's gone bad.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't know because.
Speaker 1: But it has made me that I cannot oh, Okay, well this used to be and I don't think I've had it since then.
Speaker 3: But it was a big damn deal back then.
Speaker 1: Bolton, uh Indy. I've ever been to a Boca? Oh man, I believe that is where j. R. Holmes is from. I think he is from a Voca. I know he's from Lawrence County, the head coach of Bloomington, South Yeah, one of the best coaches of all time. Instead of the Avoca of Lawrence County that goes right into Bedford.
Speaker 3: The Evoca Mutton Festival right into Olytic.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it's pronounced by people that aren't from around here uh uh lytic, which makes me laugh as an uh uh u uh lytic. Can you imagine? No, I can, because there's people from not around here. That's problematic, is it not? You know, the state you should do uh like the local traffic. You can do traffic all over in a second. Well, this weekend it's going to be an absolute disaster. So why are you I heard you say that what is going on northbound sixty is going to be shut down this weekend. Madison's won laying now. I know. David Hammer told me that evidently Meridian is now open at whatever the greenhouse is down there on Meridian. But and then Indiana Railroad is going to have one of their big ass trains parked in the middle of bluff down like they always do. So, yeah, you're I think any coming up or going down to the south side is going to be I should say coming up from the south side is going to be impossible. So leave early, and I want everybody to chill. Okay, Yeah, Pat Sullivan Sullivant Hardware and Garden hashtag gas Pats.
Speaker 3: You're ready to go?
Speaker 1: I am ready. It is an egg past weekend. And your questions for free Yedi, you guys dig free Eddy, Somebody's gonna win it. Four o'clock hour starts with you at two, three, nine, ten seventy.
Speaker 3: Next the ride with JMB It is cooling. I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber.
Speaker 1: You go and do something like this and totally re.
Speaker 8: Being yourself ninety three five and one oh seven five the.
Speaker 1: Fan hashtag gas pat. All right, here's the traffic update for you south siders. Not as of right now, but I guess going into tomorrow. Thanks for the shout out. It's from Dave Hammer. I work at the corner of Meridio and Bluff, south side Steel. Oh yeah, I was going to give him a bunch of junk if it was the Indiana Railroad.
Speaker 3: Let's park our train right in the middle of the intersection.
Speaker 1: At a time.
Speaker 3: You know, I know the family it owns outside.
Speaker 1: Them all the time, do you. I'm a big trains fan too, but yeah, when you own a railroad, man, you can do that. I think I like the Band more than I like the Indiana Railroad.
Speaker 5: The band train. What did I do?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And I do like train. I just went to Harry and is he's for a supper last Wednesday night? So I know first hand that Reading Street, I think is what it is.
Speaker 3: Is open for.
Speaker 1: McCarty all the way south into Greenwood. The railroad.
Speaker 3: Yes, is it reading a Reading railroad?
Speaker 1: Right now? It's ready? Was it reading on Monopoly? Did we pronounce it on? How you pronounced it?
Speaker 3: We always said reading railroad, you say running, I think so, But what what the hell would I know?
Speaker 1: Hashtag ass pat You know, I just wanted to mention John Sure for thirty two years years, I would come in, uh, do my show, and then I would come over to Network Indiana Studios and clean the seat for Bob Lovell so that he could come in. And so when you asked, you know, is there anyone else that had been there as long as him for him not to remember the guy that was cleaning his chair, it's you. It was me thirty two years. Guys. Is that like when you go work out someplace and you wipe off the equipment when you're done. Is that that's just how much?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I did my little show and then but the you know, the star would come in. Bob would come in and I would take his robe and hang it up. Sure he would so he remembered.
Speaker 3: That I was here thirty two years.
Speaker 1: Thirty two years, and I started with MS and then we purchased Network Indiana and part of what came in the packagees was Bob Lovell.
Speaker 3: Well, that's nicely had level.
Speaker 1: They had them all packed up and we open up all the boxes and stuff, and the level was in one of them thirty two years later. That's that you want to do some hashtag question. First of all, prop up egg Fast Egg Fast to tomorrow tomorrow from ten until four. We expect an early crowd, obviously with the heat. But something to remember about last year it was ninety degrees. We had a great crowd. Yeah, because we have a lot of shade, we have a lot of fans, and if nothing else, we have over thirty thousand square feet of air conditioned building. And you just go out and get your plate and get your beer and you walk back in the store. They don't hang out in the patio department. So but I think it's going to be a I think it will be an early crowd and you know, might die a little bit towards the end, you know, when it gets to h whatever it is. I mean I think it's ninety four right now. Yeah, so it is going to get a little bit warm. It's kind of wicked. Yeah, And I will tell you something that's funny that happened yesterday. The UH Code Enforcement came out, which is an unusual code enforcements. Explain what that is, City of Indianapolis, And then what were they what were they enforcing? What code? They are just trying to you know, they they only come out if there's a complaint. And someone complained that we had more than one inflatable because we have a big there's a department, a complaint department for more than one inflatable. Well, they do other things as well. So this young man came. It looked, you know, a very nice young guy from the setior competition that does that. Probably yeah, I don't know, but it's like who would who'd? So like the complints I get is you're having way too good I seriously, I get complaints about me having too good of a time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well then then I tell those complaining to smooch my rear.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and you know, I've been on the corner so long, and I really so he said, you know, you're only allowed to have one inflatable. We have these big green egg inflatables. You only can have one for ten days. And because I've been around so long, I said, how many days do I have to correct that violation? And he said ten? I said, so, really, I could have ten inflatables for ten days, no problem, And he goes, yeah, nice.
Speaker 3: It's just so funny and I feel bad that the city sporcers.
Speaker 1: Who are these people? What are they they have? They go to school code Enforcements enforcement school. They're just underpaid bureaucrats that and this was really bureaucrat. He was just a young guy. They like, uh, ticket riders on the street down here. Oh sure, well no, no, this is all code. So this would be you know, if you had to fence in the wrong place and all that kind of stuff. I mean, there's a lot of people. Why is there even a code for an inflatable Uh, you should just put out twenty seriously put out.
Speaker 3: So what are they going to do? Like what do they do?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 1: What if they all, Okay, you've got a violation here for this inflatable code, I'm gonna write you up.
Speaker 3: What what's the punishment?
Speaker 1: They will start billing you at two hundred and fifty bucks every couple of weeks. And really, if it's good promotion or something like that, well we'll just pay the finest, like promotion right here, because I can use this voice. And then well, wait a minute, you've got too many inflatables. I'm the inflatable police. And then he looks at the dumpsters, he goes you need to have those. And then I said, well we put them behind the fence. Yeah, it was okay, So you had to deal with that today. No, that was yesterday. Today the City of Indianapolis. Actually Bob Schultz, you know, shultze Bob Schultz, I don't Bob Schultz from the great City of Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: And what Bob do?
Speaker 1: Bob is a consultant now because he work for Downtown Indy. Does that mean he wasn't any good at that for it? Because normally when you become a consultant, that actually want any good at your first job doing it. Now he actually doing radio.
Speaker 3: He become a consultant, completely different. You can't do.
Speaker 1: Radio, So you've become a consultant and you tell everybody how to do it something you can't do. Downtown Indy passed him up for a job that he should have had. Ah and uh so he went ahead and he's teaching Bob. Bob's a pretty smart guy. Bob really should run for mayor quite honest. Okay, there's somebody that he loves his city. But anyways, he called him. Who the mayor is?
Speaker 3: Who is the may hawkshead? Yes, Joe Hawks seat.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping that we can get Schultzy to uh Chelsea Schultzy to go Shultzy for mayor because he loves the city.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Bob. But he was calling.
Speaker 1: So on one hand, I have somebody uh getting on me about my inflatables, and Shultzy uh wants us which we do set up all the trees for the celebration of lights on monument circles?
Speaker 3: Is there light police out there?
Speaker 1: Lights?
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: We set that, that's are We just kind of do that and helped the city out and do that. So on one hand, we're we're in trouble on our inflatables, and on the other hand they want our Christmas trees on the circle I.
Speaker 3: Had and this is not the same at all.
Speaker 1: I had somebody, I guess inside the chat room this morning on the Morning show, claiming that my mom had died. I know, I'm sorry. You know I've already sent flowers, thank you, thank.
Speaker 3: You very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to Uh, it was classic. It got a classic quote from her. I wish I was taping it. That's the only when I called her to get proof of life. I Uh, when I called her for proof of life, I thought to myself, I should be taping this because this is going to be classic, and then when I told her it was I'm right effing here, Yeah, man, I should have been taping organic like radio consultants.
Speaker 5: Which.
Speaker 3: She sounds like an episode of'sy Python. I'm not dead yet.
Speaker 1: She's something, let me tell you. And then she kind of grabbed at me for about five minutes. I better I know who that is, I said, I bet you don't. There may be a thousand people down there that think about you in that way, but over these nearly eighty years, but this is more about me. Has your mom mellowed out a little bit? She's not mellowed out at all. She'll rais how she's going to live forever. Seriously, did she call in, uh, the inflatable complaint? She would be the first one to call in the inflatable complaint?
Speaker 3: She uh.
Speaker 1: She complains because our neighbors up the road, we have forty acres and she's seen she hasn't seen thirty eight of the acres in forty years, right right, so, and she's always sent I know that they're up there on my property. You haven't even seen that property in decades. What are you talking about I know that they're Are you going to walk up there and see? I think they're up there on my property? Is that the code enforcer voice that's gonna infiltrating.
Speaker 3: My mom's voice? You better go see. I think they're cooking meth.
Speaker 1: Did your I believe they're cooking meth or they're shooting something?
Speaker 3: Your mom listened to the show.
Speaker 1: I tried to give her away to do it. She was She was so pissed when they took away the AM so Pat Wallash could water ski behind another yacht when they took that away. She was so mad about that. But I gave her a way that she could listen. But you know, yeah, you kind of have to tell you there to do it. Yeah, so it's tough. I guess the AM is still functioning somewhere on the building here by the way to the low low power. Oh really like a toaster power? Yea, yeah, that's kind of how Apollo thirteen got back. That's a sigh of power that sucked.
Speaker 3: Y it's a big way.
Speaker 1: And and everybody, you know, I got all the old schoolers try to tell me how great it was, and not nobody listens. And as I've tried to tell everybody and in one of these days, they'll listen. Any avenue available to listen needs to be available to listen, because you don't know, it's just like this whole lounge thing or you know, the whole chat room stuff. You you have to be an all inclusive club because there are way too many damn options out there not to be. And I explained that until I was blue in the face. And of course I'm an old school guy that doesn't get it, but I think I get it better than most, and I sure as hell don't want to be told otherwise. You know, the more inclusive that you are, the better you were going to absolutely and we ended up cutting people out with that. Yeah, we did initially with our show when we went to ninety three, and you obviously the fan then took over ten seventy. The problem for IBC was with daylight saving time. Are that ten seventy signal goes southeast to ten to ten thousand one and you know, you know.
Speaker 3: But you still take it right here. I mean, it's still a big see.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing I always thought about is those especially during harvest time in the farming community, and they're down in Decatur County or down in Jackson County, or you know, the the out further Donut counties around Marion doing work in the field, and they've got it on the AM and we yeah, we lost a lot of listeners that were way out. Yeah. And I just like any avenue of I don't care if it's a dixie cup and string, use it because there are some people that do. And you don't want to take people out of this equation in radio. There's just way too much competition out there. But you know, the consultants, pat say otherwise because they know they know everything. Anyway, hashtag ass pat. All right, I was up there and I know it, and they fogged for and it was good because Monday it was awful. Thursday was much better. Hoverfly, So we'll start a hashtag ass pats. Jeremiah has a question again the three yetti upper grabs right here. If we read your question or put you on the air and Nathaniel selects you, how can we safely repel hover flies? Hashtag ask m safely safe? They always have to throw in that. I guess you don't have to chemically put yourself in peril, right or anybody else for that matter. Well, what I would use is I would take this is for me, Okay, I would take a general purpose insecticide, not systemic, but just a general purpose and I would spray that over the areas where I see the heaviest infestation. If I wanted to use some organic and again it's just going to work, I think it'll help. But I would use probably like knee oil or something like that. Fog some kneem oil over it.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, But I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds like a really good organ that that is very popular, probably the number one organic uh insecticide and funge aside in the country, in the world, possibly the world. Gotcha makes sense? Yeah, all right, So Jeremiah, there you go with the others. And they were dick as thieves, I'll tell you on Monday always. And I thought I was honey roasted and they really I don't know. I I smacked a couple and there was it was like bloody. It was like that. So but it won money. Sharvarius Ward the Colts cornerback, and we were just swatting like crazy together talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was something.
Speaker 1: But they fogged up there and there were a lot less of them yesterday for that final day. Yeah, I think maybe Westfield did. And Westfield does a tremendous job with that up there. I gave them a lot of credit yesterday. I mean, they really do do it right.
Speaker 3: You know, Carmel does not worry about it because of the roof. Yeah, exactly, so they.
Speaker 1: They keep that during hover Facke I like going up there hearing about the tug of war. That seems to be addresses and zip codes up there between what is Calm and what is Westfield.
Speaker 3: That is absolutely brilliant. So I love that. I can't wait till they both get armies.
Speaker 1: That's going to be really good. Kevin hashtag aspad. Is now an okay time to treat my lawn for clover and crab grass?
Speaker 3: And how do I do it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: You know what, It's a little bit hot, is the problem. And because now we're in a dry period. You want to kill a weed when it's actively growing, So now it's not exactly a great time. The best time to kill a weed, and we're so close would be when in the fall, when the movement in the plant is down towards the root, because that way the weed killer goes to the root rather than just burning the top the crabgrass. I will tell you you can go ahead and get a crab grass. Yeah, and broaderly and go ahead. You'll kill some of it, but first frost it's going to die. And just make sure if you had it bad, I would put your pre emergent down twice in spring, once in the once in mid April, and the other time maybe in late May. Hash do I ask pats three yea up for grabs? If we read your question on the air, take your call. I'll look into as well. Coming up here in a minute. The text stream at three one, seven, two, nine, ten seventy. But Darnell is asking this for a friend. How do you get rid of nats in your kitchen? Sounds like a song from the nineteen eighties. Yeah, those are probably the making soda, the vinegar, I willing hot water. You can get a little like a like little traps. Why am it?
Speaker 5: Why am i?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I'm losing the name of the thing. They're always the fruit flies, fruit flies that get get in you know. So what you can do make sure you clean up the kitchen, make sure if you have any over ripe fruit, get rid of it. Uh do like check out the pantry, make sure there's I mean just clean, clean and clean, and then get these little traps and you will find that they go in and.
Speaker 3: In the kitchen.
Speaker 1: There's a song by You Be Forty in the nineteen eighties called Rat in the Kitchen.
Speaker 3: That'd be completely there's a rat in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: What it's very is that like a drug dealing and well, I mean it is very Marley esque You Be Forty, little reggaeish, You Be forty English beat was kind of reggaeish at times too, But Rats in the Kitchen.
Speaker 3: Never heard of that song before?
Speaker 1: No very famous song right there, Pat Sullivans in the kitchen, Rat is a rat in the kitchen. What I'm give you hum bar. They go ahead and see if you can find it over there. Nathaniel will play it here. I'm coming up in a minute.
Speaker 3: That meantime.
Speaker 1: Hashtag ask Pat Jared wants to know what kind of hair product are you rocking these days? Brother? This would be old spice right here, Old spice, old spice. Yeah, it's really kind of like cement or cock.
Speaker 3: It's old spice. Pobb eight, I believe is what it's.
Speaker 1: Called Yeah, I'm not rocking any hair product, everybody.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: See here's one right here. I listened to the M signal in northern Howard County.
Speaker 1: I just always think about it, especially as we get into this time of year for harvest, because I always heard for so many farmers who are out working and they're listening in the afternoon. I just I just don't like to take away an avenue of receiving our content. No matter where we are digitally, we could do it all. So I always thought, if you can do it all, do it all. So the problem with that was that they sold the land correct that the antenna was on out in yes, the Zions village, and that was that the previous ownership. So we just need to find a tall pole and it's I think it's still on in a very low power right here. I think it's a downtown you can actually at pumping just a little hall poll somewhere that that sucker back. I was always a good thing to be out there as much as you can whatever you can, no matter what fashion. We always had a lot of listeners from Cocomo Howard County. I just I love driving around because that is still even though it has obviously decreased over the years, over the decades, I mean it is, you know, still a big deal. When I drive around and see harvest time around central Indiana, the state of Indiana, it's always kind of special because these folks are working hard and get inside there maybe come back and the sun's going down and that's coming up.
Speaker 3: Completely agree. Hashtag gas pat from bt do.
Speaker 1: This is on the text stream three one, seven, two, three, nine, ten seventy. What is the best way to keep my cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot? Well, I would think that YETI for sure three.
Speaker 3: YETI is always the great way.
Speaker 1: FedEx guy says hashtag gas pets.
Speaker 3: How do you get rid of spiders?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: I don't think him meant ride? How do you get ride of spiders? Ridder? How do you get rid of those spiders?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, if you uh inside, if you don't want to spray, you can certainly spray. There's spider spray for the inside. I would do a band treatment on the outside of your house. Get a nice common insecticide like seven or something out five foot two to three foot high all the way around the band and then if you don't want to use any insecticide. There is organic Maggie's a name of the product called Maggie's Farm makes a really nice uh organic line. Or you can get a spider trap spider truck, which is just a piece of sticky paper. I never seen the movie A Rachnophobia. There was going to be no spider trap that was going to keep those things, and I have not seen that. You've never seen a ractophobia. Remember, Jeff Daniels, John Goodman is spiders, junner and rampant all over this town and northern I've worked my entire life Wyatt Town, quiet community infiltrated by highly venomous spiders. It's problem. Back in nineteen ninety, RACKNOPHOBIAU dumb all, that's good stuff. Did you like Bob Marley? Because that was Bob Marley music was your wheelhouse right there. I always thought that one of the greatest party albums of all time. And everybody kind of equates party albums to dancing, But one of the greatest party albums of all time, I think to this day still is Bob Marley. Legend just got all as great as back to back to back to back to back. And I know what everybody thinks about when a Marley record is playing, or CD or in this case maybe a Spotify wherever you get your your musical fun from. But I think it's still high quality party entertainment, Bob Marley. But now you be Fortyes, great, you be forty. I think English beat sometimes goes a little bit of eighties reggae.
Speaker 3: That's good stuff right there.
Speaker 1: When you start talking like that and look at me and you see my face, you just care.
Speaker 3: You have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what when you talk about spider traps and organic oils and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking about either.
Speaker 1: Fulton is at two thirty nine, ten seventy with hashtag ass Pat Hello Fulton.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hello, hello John Man.
Speaker 3: What do you got for Pat Sullivan? Fulton?
Speaker 13: Well, my my plants keep dying.
Speaker 12: I've been modeling them, and I guess I don't know how I can get another back up?
Speaker 1: Did you plant them upside down?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: What kind of morning are these? Are your plants? Inside the house?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Outside or outside? How much are you water? How much are you watering? So that's too much water? Is that water?
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 3: That sounds like wind?
Speaker 5: Right there? Well, you actually do a sprinkler system in the day or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know what, Here's what I would do is I would fertilize them. Get a little miracle grow fertilizer, yes, and then you uh put that on it. And then if it's an annual flower, you want to water it each day, but don't over water them. So I know it's a it's a it's a balance.
Speaker 5: Fulton.
Speaker 1: I think they're like, hey, Pulton, I think they like chocolate milk too, like milk. Yeah, he's lying.
Speaker 3: He had the test down town some one.
Speaker 1: John, bet you what what minute you got to go to egg past too? Are you gonna make the appearance of eggs? He's got a big day. Oh yeah, oh yeah for you. You just walk right in the back door.
Speaker 5: Buddy, What time is that?
Speaker 1: Stuck again? I don't know it's gonna be It's gonna be tight because there's gonna be a lot of people there. It's ten o'clock. But you really need to be downtown because the traffic is going to be a mess. And you know what, did you say you're going to be on the field? I might you might?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good. And and the Colts gave you the tickets.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, I was the winner.
Speaker 5: So let you go.
Speaker 1: Man, Well we'll see you down there tomorrow. Maybe you can do both. You can make egg Fest too, okay, Pulton.
Speaker 5: I could try.
Speaker 1: All right, that's Bolton right there, all right on the ass Pats, you go call in your show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I'm calling in your show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I start at ten am on the Cult pregame model, so I'm gonna have to call in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: That'd be good because in the inbound it's been toown.
Speaker 1: We have different listeners do so you know, it's it's good to somebody to rockets old and actually got something right that is accurate.
Speaker 3: You do have different listeners every.
Speaker 1: Hour, and I try to get our advertisers to, you know, if there are only one or two spots, to try to move it around a little bit. Egg Fast is tomorrow and tickets are available.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Big Green Egg is the world's greatest smoker, and so they will be about thirty five different booths and you just go around and you can talk to the guys, but or you can just eat, uh and uh, there's you know, beer wine all of that for purchase, but the food is all included in the ticket. There's two bands playing, Boogie Knights Bookie Knights is awesome and Tommy Tommy and his band I forget the last name. I apologize Tommy Tommy and his band YEP. So the Boogie Nights, I believe, is playing first, which will be great. They're kind of our house band, so they do a great job. But it's gonna be a lot of fun. I know it'll be hot, but really, get in there at ten o'clock. It's not gonna be bad. I figured it's gonna be a pretty good crowd from ten to about one. But if you don't like a crowd, come a little later. Remember you can always get food. Go inside the air conditioning. But we're setting up a matter of fact, the Michellis Corporation let us use sixteen of their big industrial bands.
Speaker 3: Cool, so that's great. And then I think Mark Sion, well, Mark Siambi.
Speaker 1: Mark will be there. He has transformed some old Big Green Eggs into beds where they can lay down. Really, when they take a nap, they eat. Mark is the local one, not the local, he's our local rest of the Big Green Egg. But actually covers the state of Indiana, and I believe some of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Pat Sullivan Sullivan wearing garden.
Speaker 1: Ashley has a statement for you in closing, not a question, but wanted to say. I stopped by Sullivan's for the first time on Monday, needed to get a key copied. Everyone there was incredibly kind, the prices were great. I could have spent all day there. I'll be back for sure. That's great.
Speaker 3: That is a statement from Ashley.
Speaker 11: Hashtag as pat you guys on a field one more we got a caller.
Speaker 1: Sure, go ahead? Hashtag gas pad two three, nine, ten seventy. Hello, who's this is it?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, George?
Speaker 2: Hey, look here in Pat on Saturdays and of course in JMB you're the best as well.
Speaker 1: But thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what happened to my roosa, Sharon. I planted this thing about what it was December of twenty three. Did fine last summer and that was waterer who's doing well? And I was gone for a week for June and the heat hit and the leaves have been dropping ever since. It's all shriveled up. It looks dead and I'm just you know I did the fingernailt test I've heard just suggests that you see some green, but I'm just wondering what happened to it?
Speaker 1: So is this rows of Sharon? Is this like a one this? Does this die all the way down to the ground?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think it. I mean, yeah it did. Yeah, there's a green leaf on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, But I mean in in normal times does it come up from the ground or or does it have is it a shrub like where it has branches that you know, go dormant in the winter, or does it die all the way down? Because there's it's they're both in the the high biscus family, So there's rows of Sharon and hardy hibiscus. How big are the How big are the balloons?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: They were they were like a.
Speaker 1: Like a dinner plate. Okay, okay, So that's just regular. So that you you are, you were getting hit by the the heat. They do not like the hot weather. And they're subjec to botritis blight if you've see any kind of moldy stuff, And what they do is they'll butt up and then they never open. So there's not I don't there's not a whole lot. But what I do think is that comes September, it'll it'll start, it'll start blooming, and you'll get a little bit of of blooms out of it before the end of the season. But there's not a whole lot that The weather, the hot weather's just is going after the rosa Sharon, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, maybe that's what weather. It just it just looks so sad there. You know, Mife likes it right there by the kitchen window. So yeah, I want to try to keep it.
Speaker 3: You got it, George, Thank you for the call.
Speaker 1: Yep, don't overwater hashtag ask Pat, Pat Sullivan and egg best tomorrow and the Home and Garden Show begins. Absolutely hate one of the last thing. Sure if it was you should I set up the broadcast inside the air conditioned building and kind of be like a mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Marlon Perkins.
Speaker 1: All safe. So I would stay inside and then I would send Denny outside. Correct, I would do just that. Ye, stay inside and then send Denny out for Sampa.
Speaker 3: I would absolutely do that. That's kind of what I was leaning too. Good call out things.
Speaker 1: Pat Sullivan, Sullivant Hardware and Garden hashtag, ass Pad and act tasks coming up tomorrow. What's Sullivant Hardware and Garden? Thanks Buddy, Thanks Jean, Pat Sullivan and studio. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back. The Boy So the Hoosiers. Don Fisher returns to this show at five o'clock.
Speaker 3: Don't miss it. Ninety three five seven five The Fan. The Ride with JMB.
Speaker 1: If somebody gets in your face, she calls you a I want you to be.
Speaker 8: Nice ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think I have good days and bad days. When you look back on the year that was and how special it was, you know, it means a.
Speaker 1: Lot for me.
Speaker 14: I had a lot of fun and got to grow, you know, myself as a player in person every day and chase my dream of winning the championship. And obviously we fell short, and I'm dealing with, you know, rehabbing this right now. But when I am able to, you know, get back to one hundred percent, you know, the chase continues. So that's the exciting part for me. But it's been up and down, but you know, I'm finally walking without the use of crutches or a scooter or anything, So that's.
Speaker 5: Exciting for me.
Speaker 14: I wanted to make sure that I was able to, you know, at least walk a little bit by the time that I was able to be here, So that's special for me.
Speaker 1: I think every couple of weeks.
Speaker 14: Kind of like a new you know, a new achievement, I guess in terms of my recovery. You know, I think over the next couple of weeks will get closer to me being able to wear shoes full time without a boot and being able to walk and stuff like that. But I have a great medical team behind me that's really helping me get things done and progressing as well as I can right now, meeting with my surgeon and meeting with you know, medical staff.
Speaker 10: At all times.
Speaker 14: So yeah, the process, it's a long process, you know, this injury. To get back to one hundred percent is like usually about.
Speaker 5: A year a year long.
Speaker 14: So we're only I think we're in week six, almost week seven now, so you know, we still.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of time to get there.
Speaker 14: But every little progression is exciting for me. You know, to be here, to be able to walk, it means a lot for me, and as time goes on, more than I'm able to do.
Speaker 1: You know, it's very exciting for me Tyree Saliverton Pacers guard who is out for the season with that achilles injury, talking about his recovery his rehab from that injury at his basketball camp in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I will say this, you could not ask for a more upbeat, determined team leader. And I think that there is a large scale of importance in that too, because we do have around here. You've noticed, right, such a defeatist attitude, and you kind of served that on a silver platter by people nationally dismissing this group already. So then you just, I think, automatically slide into that category, fall into that category, and then it's always good to hear something uplifting, an upbeat regarding a sitch situation that still, for every Pacer fan is so painful. And I've said this before, I can't watch after the seven minute mark. I sure as hell can't watch what took place at the seven minute mark of game seven back in June in Oklahoma City, and you just you want to erase it. And then when you erase it, what you end up doing is you kind of wallow in the muck of a defeatist attitude, and that that is far from what Tyres Halliburton exudes. Really every time that he talks, every time that you see him, You're incredibly fortunate that you have that dude around here, I think for a variety of reasons, and he's one of those to where you're incredibly unfortunate or you're incredibly fortunate to have him around here for reasons. On the floor and off the floor. He has fit everything perfectly, and sometimes oftentimes that's difficult. Tyree Saliburton right there. We talked yesterday about the pacer schedule, a home opener against Okce. We know that three on the road. They go back to back Memphis, Minnesota and Dallas, back home in the Emirates Cup against Atlanta, and then on November third, the return of Miles Turner. All of a sudden, Miles wants to be the heel, he wants to be the adversary, and really said some stupid crap on his way out of town, and he is going to regret. I would assume, knowing him over the past ten years, is certainly supporting him for the past eight unlike anybody else has. He's going to regret those words. He's probably going to have to digest those words because, as I mentioned yesterday, and not built for that. He's not built to be the heel. He's got to be embraced and loved and everything going okay, and listen, there are a lot of people I listen. I operate at a level where everything needs to be going right too, and when things go haywire, I go, oh.
Speaker 3: Kind of lose it a little bit.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I've said this before Nathaniel on Saturday night, because I know about seventy five eighty percent of that board upstairs on B one oh five point seven. If anything ever goes haywire and screws up, I just kind of shut it off and go home because I don't know what the hell to do.
Speaker 3: I'll lose it.
Speaker 1: It's better to be able to react and respond to those situations.
Speaker 3: But Miles is the same.
Speaker 1: Everything's got to be going right for him, and I'm not at all all together sure that things are going to go right for him whatsoever when he's decided to take that particular path or tacked. This is three one seven, two, three nine ten seventy what we like to call the tech stream that we have that and the TRIAA Membership Lounge via YouTube live from bk jamb Do you think whatever quarterback plays better tomorrow is going to win the competition? No way it goes into Week three? Rights here's what I think. I think Anthony Richardson was already going to start. Now if I am not true with that, if I am absolutely wrong about that assessment, and he is not good whatsoever in Daniel Jones, just like Daniel Jones is not going to get as much time as you think, so does he really have the opportunity that there is this drastic difference. But I've thought all along it's going to be Anthony Richardson, and I will hang in that particular category of Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: I guess bekay.
Speaker 1: I don't want to completely dismiss tomorrow not playing a role, because then everybody's going to start saying, well, that means everybody's lying.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Shane Styken stays very guarded in the conversation, the dialogue and then his ultimate decision in this. But I've thought all along that this is still going to be a fast track for Anthony Richardson, and then if things don't go right, if it's in efficiency. If it's injury, which we know nobody's going to hold their breath thinking it won't happen, then it's going to be Daniel Jones. And we'll see if Daniel Jones ever gets unseated. But I thought that all along, going all the way back to when Daniel Jones was signed to the first place, and I will be continue to believe that that is how the tech stream work. Somebody asked me do indeed wine? I am not much of a wine drinker. Do you believe that?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am not much of a wine drinker.
Speaker 11: You can't shotgun it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could shotgun it, probably right, that's fair. Do people drink wine warm? Is it warm? Sort of room temperature?
Speaker 11: Now you kind of like it chilled a little more.
Speaker 3: I am drinking not a wine connoisseur in the least.
Speaker 11: Nathaniel A little piece of cheese, some grapes.
Speaker 1: Yep. We got a text from Noblesville JMV. Kroger has organic ground bison for nine pound organic ground bison. Thank you very much for the shout out to Kroger up in Noblesville for the ground bison. I will tell you this, I had a red Fraser bison patty a little bit earlier today from the State Fair outstanding. Red Fraser is a place down in southern Indiana where I'm from. I believe it is a bison farm, but Red Fraser has quality bison and it is out at the State Fair, and I had a patty of that. But I'm going to tell you this, it's well done on the heads up on the nine pound bison. I shall be going that direction. Skimmy's writes to this JV is laughable when people, especially nationally, come down on Tyrese Haliburton. There's so much wrong with sports in spots, but he ain't it. There is absolutely one hundred percent accurate. Tyres Aaliburton is perfect here, perfect, and it's hard to be perfect here. He's it and that entails on the floor, off the floor, embracing absolutely everything, being out being a fan connecting. There's so many different layers and many are unable to do it. Tyrese Haliburton at the star level is able to do it. Again, that can be a difficult thing. There are a lot of reasons why I'm excited it doesn't take Tyreese Saliburton in you know, an uplifting paragraph of well, this is where I am and I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: To make me feel good.
Speaker 1: I still like this group as much as I like through group a year ago.
Speaker 3: Now will that.
Speaker 1: Change with the win loss category and how things go?
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 1: But as it stands right now, I am still fully a believer in this group. That they have not to the level in which they reached a year ago, but I'm a believer. Nonetheless, this is what the Colts have to establish a believability in them, and it starts with the quarterback and the coaching staff at change s. Dyken suggest that that gauge is going to come tomorrow and even into next week. Do you buy that? Two three, nine, ten seventy. I will talk with you on the other side, and how I you basketball played for Darren Devrees and Rico He was there, he was a part of it. The voice of the Hoosiers Don Fisher that and what he has seen out of IU football And yet another season where you've got now beyond hope. You're playing off of the success of a year ago with a new, highly touted quarterback and a team everybody is in love with. Right now, the voice of the Hoosiers Don Fisher also talks AU football coming up top of the hour ninety three five one oh seven The Ride with JMB.
Speaker 5: Fact Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life.
Speaker 8: Stuck ninety three to five and one oh seven five the Fan.
Speaker 6: We've both been trying to put our best foot forward. We've both been grinding, you know, trying to take over the team. So they haven't made a decision yet, so I think we're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back. Preseason Game two is tomorrow ten am. Your coverage begins right here on the fan. Me Casey Valier, Bill Brooks, Joe Rights and Rick Venturry have all you need to do. We're gonna cut through it all and get down to especially the quarterback battle position, which according to most could ultimately be decided in the first half of that game. Coming up tomorrow, it's a one o'clock start. Noon is countdown to kick off with Matt Taylor. We start at ten am in American Family Insurance Touchdowntown and I cannot wait to see you there, So get early because there will be significant traffic fubar because of construction. Join us early, Touchdowntown tomorrow ten am. On the Colts pregame huddle. The Voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher back with us for yet another year, coming up at the top of the hour. But Mike and Brooklyn, New York is at two three, nine, ten seventy right now, Hello, Mike.
Speaker 5: Jefy, what's up?
Speaker 3: What do you got pal?
Speaker 10: Yeah, listen, I got a question. Is there anything a miss going on in that Coast organization? I noticed that Ed Dodds gave the end of the training camp press conference, and couple that with some of the people covering the teams saying that Ballot has been less visible at training camp. I don't know how true that is. And also the fact that you know, he's been a lot more vocal about, you know, pulling back the curtain on the Anthony Richardson decision, you know, kind of intimating that ers kind of you know, wanted to see him play. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it.
Speaker 1: What do you think I think they got fingers crossed across the board on something working out at the quarterback position?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would describe it as business as usual, right, but I think it's pretty damn close to it. I don't know if there's any like I wouldn't call out the conspiracy theory police at all regarding into this. That's just me, but and what I've witnessed so far, I just think that for the most part, they just got a lot of fingers crossed on how ultimately something can come together with this particular group.
Speaker 3: That makes sense to.
Speaker 10: You, I know, it's just I guess I'm reading into it because I remember right after the draft Ballot said, when you know they asked him about the decision, he said, when the time is right, me, Shane and Jim will sit down. And then last couple of days ago, Shane stake and said, well, after this preseason game, you know, me, Chris and Carlie are going to sit down and talk about it. So is this going to be one of those, you know, ownership things. Well, we want to see Anthony wish.
Speaker 1: Listen if you're asking me and Mike, thanks for the call. I got to hit the top of the hour. But you call again next week because we got to talk it up on Monday for real. We're going to this preseason game too. That that to me is just the protocol of it more than anything else.
Speaker 3: Mike, make sure you call.
Speaker 1: Coming up on Monday, we'll get a breakdown the preseason Game two, which would seem to be one of the more important moments we have seen in recent Colts preseason history. I would guess, considering the quarterback position. Don Fisher a voice of the who has returned from Puerto Rico and has returned to this show.
Speaker 3: Don joins us next The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 8: Has Booby I'm your White Knight ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan. I don't know exactly where I'm going to be, but I will say this. If you see me, you can ask me, because I'm I'm gonna have these with me. I've got four passes general admission to Whamfest at Craig Park in Greenwood coming up tomorrow. Wamfest is a.
Speaker 1: Celebration of wine, art, music, and micro brew.
Speaker 3: I don't know about the art thing.
Speaker 1: I was never much of an artiste, but Wamfest is pretty famous down in Johnson County, and I have four passes. I will carry these with me and whomever finds me, I'll let you know where I'm going to be, and if you want these, then you want to attend at some point tomorrow. I've got four passes for you, so hopefully that is a trackdown for Whamfest Craig Park in Greenwood coming up tomorrow in case you've either been or never been. But it is a pretty damn good time now. The one thing I didn't bring up today, by the way, the Cubs did lose three to two, was the final. I know Cubs fans will be frustrated because Pete crow Armstrong let off the bottom of the ninth with a base hit and then got thrown out at second because he overslid the base, which is never good. Cubs end up losing game one of a weekend set at home at Wrigley to the Pittsburgh Pirates. I haven't talked too much about the live golf tournament which started a little bit earlier today Chatham Hills in Westfield. Man. I don't know about you and Hamilton County. You guys are dealing with it. To southbound on thirty one yesterday basically from Greyhound Pass all the way down to get to where I was going. I was a part of an event with the Greenwood Rotary Centagrove Rotary, I should say, and Demark Services last night. I stood up in front of them and talked for the better part thirty five forty or so minutes down at the Sycamore at Mallow Run.
Speaker 3: And it took me.
Speaker 1: A little bit longer, but it would have taken me a lot longer had I not bailed off of thirty one, because it was an absolute disaster trying to.
Speaker 3: Get out on it.
Speaker 1: But I ended up going going west and then running over to Showburne and then cutting down to Michigan Road and going that way, and that shaved a little bit of time off of what ultimately was going to be a hell of a lot longer time trying to get home.
Speaker 3: It was going to be brutal.
Speaker 1: Or in this case near my home, down at the Sycamore Mallo Run by the way. Shout out to my friend Shawn collins Worth of Daymar Services, who invited me to speak, and so did Dan and Dan from the Centergrove Rotary. They invited me to speak, and I had an absolute blast with those people, just an absolute blast. Now that's one thing like when you say, hey, can you speak, and here's some drinks and I can speak and drink like nobody's business.
Speaker 3: Like I was It's.
Speaker 1: Almost like I felt like I got the hook. I got about forty forty five minutes deep and they go, hey, you know what I think is about bedtime for everybody's getting late.
Speaker 3: I'm just going and going and going. I love it. But thanks to the Smiley Bros.
Speaker 1: Led by one Shawn Collinsworth daymar Services, which is an incredibly special group, such great work. If you remember, did a little stand up comedy for them a couple of years back at the Murra, which was outstanding. But last night that was great, and the Sinagrave Rotary was representing just a really good time. I want to thank everybody down there for asking me to be a part of it. I was proud to be there and to talk not at you, but with you. I didn't mention this a little bit earlier, Michigan received a series of fines that could eclipse thirty million dollars, but avoided punitive penalties such as postseason bands or the vacating of victories, including the twenty twenty three national title season. The NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions ruled on the Wolverines advanced scouting case that happened earlier today and most of you are readily aware of those penalties that came down and certainly more penalties for them. He now head coach Jim Harbaugh of the LA Chargers gets what a ten year show cause penalty and it won't begin until after he serves a current four year show cause that runs through twenty twenty eight for a previous NCAA case, Michigan was doing some cheating. Everybody deeply rooted cheating and got busted for it. That decision came down earlier today. Fifteen betting, fifteen dining courtesy of Harris. Who's your park, Racing and casino and Anderson?
Speaker 5: That is the.
Speaker 1: Heras Hoosier Park race of the day on a Friday, coming up here.
Speaker 3: And around the bottom of the Oooh, that's well done out of you.
Speaker 1: Met Taylor, the voice of the coach, just sent me a picture where he's standing behind Adam Sandlers. Adam Sandler was on with me on Radio Row. That was outstanding. I told that story last night too. That's when I got banned by ESPN because I got in that Twitter battle with Adam Schefter and he ratted me out to ESPN, and then ESPN people routed me out to the leaders here and I had to go have a meeting with everybody, just absolute jack assery. And then for that entire week leading up to the Super Bowl we were on Radio Row with the JW Marriott and no ESPN people were allowed to go on my show.
Speaker 3: I was blackballed effectively strong But.
Speaker 1: Matt Taylor went out and got Adam Sandler on this show so everybody else could smooch my rear. I couldn't care less. Oh no, I didn't get Teddy Bruski. What am I ever going to do?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, here's Adam Sandler. Oh Man, not Teddy Bruski. I can't have Teddy Bruski. Well, how am I ever going to go on with the show? Oh Man Shifter not going to come by, darn it. I'll take Sandler good pictures right there, Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. I'm assuming he probably has some quality Caribbean photographs too to share on his venture down there. With IU basketball. We'll get into that in IU football as well. We're glad he is back for yet another year because we are on the verge of starting the football campaign. The voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher's on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pot line. Hello, Don, How are you good?
Speaker 5: John? How you doing?
Speaker 3: When did we get back?
Speaker 5: I got back on Monday of this past week from Puerto Rico, and it was a very very good trip.
Speaker 1: All right, to those that may not understand, because I think a lot of people think, well, you go down there and you play like JMV and a bunch of dudes from Tuesday night at Sinegrove and you feel good about yourself. But this was far more than what that would describe with this trip. Was it not for this program?
Speaker 5: There's no question they played three games that we're talking about the IU basketball team. They played three games down there. It was fun to be a part of that, and just in the sense of getting to go get to build relationships with the coaching staff and the players, which you know, everybody's brand new except for two walk on kids and two a couple of managers. That's basically you've got everybody else new in the program athletically wise with the basketball team players, and you do have two walk ons that came back from last year, Ian Stevens and Rayford the other kid that came back. But you're trying to build relationships with these guys, and so you get to know them a little bit and you talk to them and you just enjoy the experience and then of course did a little work after ball games, but not a lot sure, So at any rate, John, it was it was a very very good trip from my standpoint, but more importantly from an Indiana fans standpoint, because at what I saw in those three ball games that they played against Serbian tea two Serbian games against the megasuper Bet team, which is a very good basketball team, would I would say they would give a lot of Big ten teams trouble. And Indiana was able to win both those ballgames. But more importantly, watching coach Debris coach these kids, watching how they're coaching staff went about things, it was very oppressive.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 5: And you know me, I'm not going to bull crap any buddy. I'm going to tell you what I what I see, and what I saw was most impressive.
Speaker 1: You are not easily swayed, my brother. I can tell you that I know I'm not from experience right there. I It is interesting too, because the dynamic in those two Derbian games is you gets down and I mean really digs themselves a significant hole, and both games were able to dig out of it and come from behind and win. So I think with the games itself, and any coach would want more games like this, especially when there was so much of an unknown on a new roster. But you get put into situations that you're you are going to see like this as well. That has to be to me something that the coach is like, not just coming back and winning, but you're getting those situations to where you really have to fight and grind together to get that result.
Speaker 5: And that was what was most impressive about this basketball team. I mean, think about this, John, these guys have only been together for a couple of months. They've only practiced together for a couple of months. For those guys to get the opportunity to go down there and play three games against someboddy and then look in.
Speaker 13: As Coshesi and I say that in the sense of not necessarily how they played, but how important it was from a team perspective to move the basketball, to have confidence in one another.
Speaker 5: And for guys to step up at crunch time when the game was on the line and they had to make comebacks and those kinds of things, all the things that you would like from a coaching standpoint, to have on you know, to have to look at on film and so on and so forth to get ready for the season. All of those things took place in these In these three ball games that they played, they played a team from Puerto Rico the first time out, a team that wasn't very good, and destroyed them. Then they come back in the next ball game they get down against a really good surveying team that was very tall, long, very athletic, great quickness, toughness, those kinds of things. And you've got ten new players on your basketball team and you had eleven. Actually at this point a couple of guys are hurt, so you couldn't use those guys, and basically ten guys played and they all performed. Every single one of those guys that played these ballgames, including the walk on Ian Stevens. He actually had some very productive minutes for this ball club. So what I saw was a fight, something that honestly I didn't see all last year from an Indiana basketball team. I didn't see the fight. I didn't see the heart that these guys had, and this team showed me all of that. And from a coaching standpoint, I think I think Darren Devreze probably got as much out of this as he possibly could have imagined and watched his basketball team fight back from deficits on two different occasions. The second one the last game that they played, they were down twenty at halftime fifty to thirty, looked like they're getting get blown out, and they just kept shipping away, chipping away, chipping away in the final two quarters of this ballgame against a very physical basketball team and found a way to win it in the final minute. And it was really impressive.
Speaker 1: Voyce of the Hoosiers Don Fisher back for another season. Right here, we'll get into the IU football program on the verge of beginning things here momentarily, but I didn't want to ask about regarding this roster and what you witnessed a couple of players here, and one is the Sam Houston.
Speaker 3: State transfer Lamar Wilkerson.
Speaker 1: It seemed like those that were covering those games down there were pretty impressed with him. Let's start with his overall game for those out there don that may not know too much about it.
Speaker 5: Well, his first game against the Puerto Rican team that wasn't very good wasn't very good, and the reason it was is because what is his strength. He is a shooter and he can flat shoot the basketball. But he did not perform great in that first ball game. It just wasn't his day, so to speak. And likewise for Tucker Debreez is the other guy that's classified as an outstanding outside shooter three point guy. Neither one of those guys had big ballgames in that first matchup. So what impressed me though, was that these guys really really came back and did other things on the floor that factored into why they won those ball games. And Wilkerson, there's no question this guy can flat light it up. When he gets going, he has something to watch. I mean, he just knocks down shot after shot once he gets his feet underneath him. And when he wasn't shooting his best basketball, he was still very much a great teammate because he was talking on the floor, he was passing the basketball, being unselfish. He shots weren't going down, so we helped it in other ways, as did Tucker. To Breeze not going to Breeze to me is the most vocal guy in this ball club, and being the coach's son, I know he probably gets from his dad that you better be doing that. You know more about what we do and how we do it than anybody else, and he takes that to heart. And I thought, even though he didn't have a great first and he struggled a little bit in the other two ball games because he has some kind of a heel issue. I saw him putting a pad on the back of his heel after the third ball game, and he was limping pretty hard after the second ball game down there because he's got some kind of a foot issue. I don't think it's a real serious thing because he played with it just two days rest after the second ballgame, so I don't think it's a serious thing. But he was lipping around pretty good, and he actually was in the ballgame at the end of that contest the third game that they played, and he got to himself to the free throw line two or three different times there in the last five minutes of the ballgame that were critical and knocked down some free tosses that were really needed at that time. So I John, I'm just I'm related with with the way this team looked and how hard they fought and the way they played together. Where a ball club it's only been basically together for two months with virtually everybody on the team never having played with each other. Don Fisher joins us, I want to get your thoughts quickly on a couple of other players to you. You mentioned Tucker Debries as being one a couple of transfers. Is the big man transfer Reid Bailey from Davidson, Connor Enright from Depol has been known as a shooter at guard and then you know obviously the kid from Santa Claus Indiana, Trent Sicily and what you witnessed from from their games in those three games, well, Connor is a battler. I don't know that he is the greatest shooter in the world, but he is not afraid to take the shot and he can make him but he is more than that. When he's on the floor. You're going to get a guy that will intrigue Indiana fans and they'll learn to love this guy because he fights his butt off. He worked so hard out there to defend people, to play within the team work, of the framework of the team work that they try to get done. And he's smart because he played for Debris at and then had a year away from him at DePaul and came back to Indiana now as his final year of college basketball. He's a smart kid. He's a very engaging young man. On top of that, he is fun to watch because he plays so hard and he gives you everything he's got when he's out on the floor. And I think he can handle the point guard position if needed on a consistent basis. Who were the other guys he wanted to.
Speaker 1: Know Aboutson and Sicily from Santa Claus and hearded Jills.
Speaker 5: Well, Cisly, let's take him first because he's a true freshman and the stage is not too big for this kid already. And that really impresses me too, because I remember him as a high school player in his junior year. He was a real slender kid at that time, still was about six six or six five sixty six at the time. You think he's up at six seven now, but he has filled out and he looks the part as as even as a freshman as a kid has the physical size and the ability as an athlete to get the job done. And he was not afraid to take three point shots and he knocked him down. He was the leading scorer in the first game against Puerto Rico. If He scored twenty one points in that one and had several rebounds on top of that. He was very impressive in that game and got plenty of playing time and did a really nice job in the other two games against the Serbians. So I think people are going to love him too. Because he's a freshman, he's going to be around a while. I think he loves Indiana University, and I know he's excited about being there, but he's not The game is not too big for head here as a freshman, at the least in these first games that they played, and he seemed like he belonged just like the rest of these guys had. And then in regard to the kid from Davidson Reed Bailey, he is not a rim He's not going to be a block shot guy inside. He's not a Miles Turner somebody like that. He is a guy that runs the floor. He can handle the basketball as a six to ten player, handles it very well. In fact, he brought the ball up on many occasions in those three ball games on fast breaks down the floor and dished him off or played it all the way to the hope himself. He can use both hands. He's a tough kid. He's a physical player and he's smart, and those are the kinds of things that you want to see from a big man. And he's not the biggest guy on the team by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, he is the biggest from a tall from a height standpoint. But he is really an excellent basketball player. He's been well taught before he got here to IU at Davidson. He's smart, he knows the game. I think he's going to help a lot. And the guy you hadn't mentioned earlier to talk about was Alex samba Lexis. Yeah, and sambull Lexis, to me, probably made the biggest impression because I hadn't seen him do the things he did in a ballgame in practice that much. When you're watching these guys individually in practice sessions and things like that, you know, there's not a lot you can take from that other than the fact that they're a really good athlete. He's not just a good athlete. He can use both hands around the basket. He is excellent as a rebounder. He seems to have a knack to find the ball and go after it. I really liked him a lot. I was probably most impressed as a guy. That surprised me the most because I did not expect as much out of him, maybe as I did some other people on this roster, and yet I saw a great deal of how hard he played, especially at the defensive end of the floor. So that was another thing that really impressed me about this ball club.
Speaker 1: John Fisher, voice of the Hoosiers on the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline.
Speaker 3: I was figuring things out in my head here.
Speaker 1: We've talked a great deal on our table together regarding this IU football program at year two of Kurt Signetti August the thirtieth Old Dominion and Indiana two thirty in the afternoon down in Bloomington. In watching them practice, I think you have discussed with me before. What has stood out to you majorly is just how much better the offensive line has been.
Speaker 3: Is that where we begin with this.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. You know, last year they probably had six guys that could play and be factors, and I would argue that this year they've got at least eight, and I don't know if there are more than that at this point. But I've watched eight different players out there that have impressed me on the offensive line and maybe the most impressive in the sense of newness to the program is Pat Coogan. This kid's a Notre Dame transfer. He was a starter last year for the Fighting Guy Irish obviously in the National Championship game. He is a talented guy at the center position, probably the most important offensive line position out there other than maybe left tackle to protect the quarterback. But honestly, this guy smart. He has tremendous leadership skills. They might beam up for a practice or two that kind of thing, which is interesting if anybody's gone to their website and kind of watched that. But more than that, he's a leader, and he is a terrific player, but he's a tremendous leader on top of that. I know that already has talked about the fact that he's one of the best leaders on this football team. So that's a really good thing. And the rest of the offensive line, they're deeper than they have been JMV. And there's no doubt in my mind that's been one of the all time problems for Indiana University football over the years. They've just never had enough of the offensive line guys that were as talented as these guys seem to be and I give a lot of that gratification from that standpoint to Bob Boss Instead, their offensive line coach.
Speaker 10: He is.
Speaker 5: He's a terrific line coach. Number one. He's a great teacher of the game. He's an old school guy, and Sig loves that about him because he goes after these guys that they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing. And there's no question they've made great inroads since Boss that's been there in developing these offensive linemen, and I think they've got at least eight, maybe nine guys that you could count on to help this football team and to be as good in the offensive line as you need to be if you're going to play at a high caliber.
Speaker 1: Sow Don Fisher with us again August to thirtieth, things officially.
Speaker 3: Get into Wait for IU against Old Dominion. Don's on the Andy Moore automatic Creu Pie line. Before I'll let you go.
Speaker 1: You get all these offensive line bodies and fuel rejuvenated about it. It is probably a good thing because you bring in a talented quarterback in Fernando Mendoza that was absolutely running for his life.
Speaker 3: At Cal a year ago.
Speaker 1: It seems so that makes sense and Donal I'll say what makes sense too, and going back in history, recent history of Kurt Signetti, you know, going with Curtis Rourke a year ago and how well that worked out, and even going back to his final two years that were successful at James Madison. He also went out and got veteran established quarterbacks to help lead the way. And I've said this all along to people that ask if it's you know, they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it. I say, you know, write it until it bucks you, or don't write at all. And that's seemingly what he is doing, I think with a quarterback position, going with what is already established and what you know and try to cobble things to make it even better. And I think that's at least how I have you Mendoza here at the start of the season.
Speaker 5: Well, the one thing about Fernando is that he is not shy. He's a very engaging young man. I think that his issues at California were primarily because he could be protected very well and he was running for his life so much of the time out there. And I think the question mark on for Dando coming into this season was can he get past that and not worry about They know that he's got an offensive line in front of him that will get him protection and give him time to throw the football. And I think he's found that out a little bit. I watched him in spring practices. I thought he had a little bit of the nervousness that the happy feet type of thing that you would look at and see him trying to get rid of the ball, maybe quicker than he needed to, rather than being able to read the defense and make the right call, make the right decision on worry through the football, those kinds of things. But I have seen much improvement in that area. I know Signetti mentioned it at the end of spring that his last three to five practices were much better than they were in the early part of the spring. And I think we've seen that to continue, or that progression to continue Fernando here in the last two weeks of practice. So I think this is a football team that will have a quarterback that can get the job. Dot. I know he's got a he's got a great arm, he is he runs like a deer. He's sixty five, two hundred and twenty pounds, and he is fast when he gets going. He is really fast. I don't want to say he's a scatback type of quarterback. He's not. But if he has to go out and run, he can flat fly. And that's something that we hadn't had in Curtis Rourke. Work was playing with a damaged ACL and nobody knew about how damaged it was. It was torn. It wasn't completely torn, or he wouldn't have been playing, but obviously he played with it. But the thing about Curtis was in his strength, in my opinion, aside from the fact he was tremendously accurate with his passing arm, the fact that he was able to read defenses so well was his That's why he was such a great quarterback in Indiana. He's the best I've ever seen at making the right decision in a split second, seeing what the defense was doing, and then making the right decision to throw the all the right spot. He was phenomenal at that. I don't know, you know until you get in real in real fire where you've got people coming after you and those kinds of things. We haven't seen Fernando in that situation yet, so we can't read that as effectively as you might like to. But here the preseason. I've been really happy with what I've seen for Fernando Mendoz and I think he's going to be a tremendous edition.
Speaker 1: Can't wait, can't wait to watch it because it is on the verge of happening. So our table tonight, are you taking the night off?
Speaker 5: Tonight? We will not be there, but probably we will be a couple more times here before football starts.
Speaker 1: Because well, I mean, I know you got football to watch it a Friday night, probably next Friday, don't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, Because my son's the son's so coaching down at Edgewood this third year there, and this will be the year that they feel like they can turn things around a little bit. So we'll be going as many of his home games as we possibly can, and next week will be the first.
Speaker 1: Walk oh the Stangs, the Stallions, the former home of Lance Ringler. By the way, there is zero way that that field, which is red bright red, is not like the Gates of Hell when it's ninety plus degrees outside down there. There's no way.
Speaker 5: Well, all every every football field it's not natural grass in its turf. Every one of those fields in this heat is brutal. There's no, quiet, I don't care if it's red, black, white, green, whatever.
Speaker 1: That just looks like the field's on fire, though. He just goes, good, lord, my shoes are gonna melt.
Speaker 5: You're right, Yeah, it definitely, it definitely would be psychologically bad for you.
Speaker 1: Do you wonder do they wish they would have just gone with regular green and said the hell with it now?
Speaker 3: Or they're still cool the red.
Speaker 5: I've never heard any I've never heard anybody say anything about it, So I'm not going to go there and be the first.
Speaker 3: Ah, it should be green.
Speaker 1: Maybe it should just have gone green and not worried with the red part of it right there?
Speaker 5: So no. Incidentally, you know you Memorial Stadium has to do a new turf too, and it's beautiful. It is absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 3: How old was the old one? I guess in this case do you know?
Speaker 5: And you know what, I don't know, probably probably at least seven to ten years someplace in that neighborhood. Wow, these things don't last all that long. I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Don For years, you and I have talked about fans going to games, getting there on time and not leaving. Do you think that we'll have that discussion at all this season, because it makes you wonder. We've had that discussion that's so familiar that I kind of wonder if that goes away now.
Speaker 5: Well, it certainly did in the last half of last season because Indiana following that the Maryland game was that was the last one where the stands worked completely full. And they've been full ever since then, and I pray that that's the way they will be all season long coming up too, Indy Goeta schedule this year, as you know, is much tougher than it was a year ago. And I still think this football team has the confidence, the belief and the coach to get them a ton of wins this season. And we'll see how many it is. I'm not going to predict, but I will say this this team, I think if if they do what we think they're capable of doing, they're going to be competing again for a Big Ten title.
Speaker 3: Should be fun.
Speaker 1: It's more exciting to start a season than you felt in a long time.
Speaker 3: Certainly.
Speaker 1: In your two of court Signetti down and Plumington's voice of the Hoosiers, Don Fisher somewhat fresh back from Puerto Rico, with a breakdown if I used basketball team down there and a preview a little bit. We'll do a little bit more defense coming up next Friday. But just inform me when you guys are back at our table so I can join and watch you guys eat while I drink.
Speaker 3: I'm like Dean Martin.
Speaker 5: No, you're not quite. You're not quite in Dean's category, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm still working on that. Don't hear good on that?
Speaker 3: A buddy tell Susie. I said, hello, we'll catch up soon.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me to you, Yeah, buddy Dot Fisher, voice of the Hoosiers on the Andy Moore Automotive Group Hotline. A twelve game win streak on the line for the Brewers ken they overcome. Not as hot, but a back to back win Cincinnati Red Squad, the first of a weekend set with the Brewers and the Reds in Cincinnati later on tonight. We got that for you and more from the text stream three one seven, two, three, nine ten seven. You guys have been active in there on this Friday. We'll get to that and the Harris Hoosha Park Race of the Day. Nathaniels that now are coming up next, not right.
Speaker 11: Here though, not right now the break after.
Speaker 1: The next so give me about ten minutes and we'll do the Friday version of the hairs Hoo'sia Park Race of the Day on nainety three five and one oh seven TI.
Speaker 3: The camp Go ride with JMV.
Speaker 1: I love JMV. He looks like Rascal Flats guy, got a cool soul patch.
Speaker 8: Wow guys, and a buttery smooth one oh yeah, ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty much, they're still up in the air. So I'm just trying to do my job, you know, do everything I can to help myself win this job, and then you know, anything the team needs from me, you know, I'm pretty much open and available to helping them out any sort of way. So, uh, just trying to do my part and just let everybody else make the decision.
Speaker 1: Packers, Colts coming up tomorrow ten am, Your Colts, pregame huddle time me Casey Value, Bill Brooks, Joe Writes, Rick Venturery. Ten until noon, Matt and Company and countdown to kick off that is coming up noon until one and then everything is officially underweight again. Hey, plan accordingly and leave early because there will be significant construction. Food bar in and around downtown and especially around Lucas Wills.
Speaker 3: Daddy, we just take my word for it.
Speaker 1: Leave early.
Speaker 3: Did j wint us in time for touchdowntown?
Speaker 5: Hell? I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll go and have a cocktail. I've got to wait around for the JMV takeover. We can roll someplace and have a cocktail if you want, but leave early and you'll thank me later for that one o'clock. Is that kick coming up tomorrow? I shouldn't mention this tonight. There are two preseason games both on the NFL Network, seven and ten respectively, Titans and Falcons and the Chiefs and the Seahawks later on this evening, and a handful of games besides the Packers and the Colts coming up tomorrow one o'clock. I absolutely love the early afternoon window for these preseason games, Dolphins and Lions. Of course, Miami is week number one of the opposition. That is, at one o'clock, you've got the Patriots and the Vikings, Browns and the Eagles and the Panthers and the Texans. The other preseason one o'clock starts tomorrow four oh five for the Niners and the Raiders, and then everything else is later on in the evening Ravens, Cowboys, Chargers, Rams, Jets, Giants, Buccaneers, Steelers, Cardinals, Broncos. Closed it out Tomorrow night at nine p thirty. Sunday's games Jaguars and Saints. I saw where Travis Hunter is probably not going to play with They said upper body injury or something like that. What the hell is that doing?
Speaker 11: Just upper body?
Speaker 1: No idea upper body. I'm injured at my upper body too. My lower body's injured. I've just got a full body injury right now. Jaguars and Saints Sunday at one o'clock Sunday night on Fox, and that's going to Jack with fifty nine overtime. Probably Bills and Bears at eight o'clock coming up on Sunday night, and then on Monday the Bengals and the Commanders. A Monday Night August the eighteenth affair in the preseason. But obviously tomorrow ten am and Touchdowntown. You can catch us coming up tomorrow. That is the Colts pre game huddle. I'll remind you of that. We have Colts Happy Hour coming up at three cob the line for the Brewers. They're in Cincinnati for the first of a weekend set against the Reds. The Reds winners of two straight. That's coming up later on tonight in Cincinnati, the Cubs lose to the Pirates, and an opener of a weekend set at Wrigley Field in Chicago, that final three to two. All right, we've got it for you fifty and betting fifty in dining. Are you ready to find out who the winner might be? That's what's on the line. The Friday edition of the Harrowzuza Park Race of the Day is now the ride with JMV.
Speaker 11: All right, let's take it from the top the cup of buck name my name, No, my name, I do not know your name.
Speaker 3: You play games with me, mister, and you're through.
Speaker 11: I am May I go.
Speaker 8: Now Nutty three to five and one oh seven five, No fan.
Speaker 1: Oh your Harris Hoosha Park Race of the Day. Kim Becker had the wedding horse Hope You Dance, paid sixteen to twenty on a two dollars bet. The two doubling exacto was forty nine to twenty. The fifty said trifecta forty fifteen. That is a tremendous underdog wedding today. Shout out to Kim who gets fifty in betting, fifty in dining. Courtesy of Harrisosia Park, Racing and Casino and Anderson. That is your Harris Oosha Park Race of the day. We file that back up again next Tuesday. Here with ninety three to five and one oh seven five. The fan Nathaniel Finch has been in the past two days and you can tell he is state of the art. Well done, brothers. Great job for usual yesterday on the road back in studio. Now what are you doing later off tonight? You got something in mind? What's happening?
Speaker 11: We got, you know, high school football, yes having their scrimmages. You're gonna go check out a scrimmage?
Speaker 3: And then are you calling it or just watching it?
Speaker 11: A little bit of both?
Speaker 3: Okay, so give you which one is it?
Speaker 11: Where its tatard and we're just kind of getting ready for the see today's scrimmage.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: You don't know star versus somebody I like it? And then tomorrow night you're a part of Indiana Sports Talk.
Speaker 11: No, I'm with you all day on colts. Oh hell, okay, take offs Colts.
Speaker 1: Ten Ah, you gotta stay for the postgame show too. Well that is good though, because at least it's going to be off, So I'll be started upstairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll come and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll still be ho as I'm doing the JV takeover coming up tomorrow night, which should be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that reminded.
Speaker 1: The Colts pregame huddle is coming up tomorrow morning, and that is at ten a m. Casey value and more of Rick Venturi this year. I'll get into that in a moment. Joe Rides and Bill Brooks and myself and I mentioned more of Rick Ventury. Rick is going to lend again even more than usual rule of this season on the Colts pregame model, which I absolutely love. Three segments in all with Rick, and believe me, tomorrow is one of those moments in the preseason that you rarely ever get because tomorrow should be very important as it plays a significant and maybe the most significant role.
Speaker 3: And exactly who ends up starting in.
Speaker 1: Week number one against the Dolphins for the Colts, Anthony Richardson or Daniel Jones. I've said Anthony Richardson all along. We shall see. So Derek says this, my son is with HSC and they are scrimmaging. Shitar tonight, So Derek's going to be out there with that D White and see D White out there. That's good, well done. Fulton wants to know here at three one, seven, two, three, nine, ten seventy JMV. What pants black or blue should I wear tomorrow for the game?
Speaker 3: Fulton?
Speaker 1: I have no idea what pants you should wear? Just wear pants, any pants, please, just please wear pants.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, JMV.
Speaker 1: I didn't make it home and I didn't manage to pick up the one and a half leader of Gallo showed tonay for the wife. That is a well done. Getting some wine right there, My brother JMV. Is fish talking about a sixth grade Green County team or I you basketball? They play hard, they talked, They showed resilience coming back from down twenty in the first half against a Serbian team twice, a Serbian team called super Bet. Don explained it exactly as he saw it. Pretty funny, JAMV. It was the absolute worst timing to do work by the state, joint practice with the packers yesterday and the live. Hey, how's the live going? Give me you get a leader board to live? I haven't even brought it.
Speaker 5: Up to that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I don't either. I don't care.
Speaker 1: You get the live Oh yeah, you get the fever later off the night too, don't you. Washington Mystics Downtown seven point fifteen with Eddie Garrison with the pregame coverage. She had a tip time coming up after that. JMV giving out love for the AM signal. Shout out to you. You got that right. I will always give love to the AM signal again. I don't care how you listen, but somebody is listening to something and that means or measures taken is important to them.
Speaker 3: So it's always been important to me.
Speaker 1: Jamb. I love the fact that you and Jake project energy and optimism in your voice when discussing ALU Athletics. The morning guys, especially the alum would lead you to believe that they were the in the midst of a passing a kidney stone when the subject comes up. What well then, hey, Nathaniel brother, you are great. Thank you very much, Nathaniel Finch. Tomorrow morning you'll be with me again on the Colts pregame. Hodel Colt's Happy Hours coming up next. Remember Whamfest tickets. If you find me tonight, I'll tell you where I am on the social media platform X
Speaker 3: The Fellas at Colts Happy Hour with me next