Speaker 1: Glad to have everybody back with us for our men.
Speaker 2: Recap about our our hour.
Speaker 1: Oh you are personal favorite top five movies and TV shows of the year, because I know.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a dumb ass question.
Speaker 4: I knew it was because he started off with my bad, oh my bads about to be a dumb ass question.
Speaker 3: It was. It was a set up quilt. You know. I knew what he was doing. I get what he was.
Speaker 5: Doing thinking, I'm like, I'm like, he can't know how good Ribs is that they did.
Speaker 4: It's the same conversation we had earlier about the fucking blind person having having dreams with sights.
Speaker 3: I thank you no way you know how good Ribs are because I ain't no way you can. I knew, I knew, I knew what it was. I knew it it was. I know everybody ain't listening, not just me, and you don't wait. I need anybody here this way, my ship, man, you get on my damn nerves.
Speaker 1: Pray stupid, But yeah, man, we are here to go through our favorite.
Speaker 2: TV shows and movies of the year.
Speaker 1: Emphasis again on our and our personal list as yours will and is I'm sure different. So so yeah, so that's what we're here to do. We're definitely glad to have everybody with us again on another uh month for a live Make sure you guys tune in. Man, we have the Is the Mice Alone live as well. We were just talking about that show just a few minutes ago. That's what they were talking about for that story. If you guys want to hear the whole story, I think that will That would be on Patroon, So y'all gotta go, uh check it out. But we had a conversation about just some things that happened in the week, most particularly of course with old boy Lindsey Graham, and a very very.
Speaker 2: Good conversation Poor Lindsey Graham, didn't I say poor? Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, he's an old boy for sure.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, does he count?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, I'm I guess taken down.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, nah, and uh and our live would be on July twenty sixth, So if you are unfamiliar with is thee Mi Salon, then check it out.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 4: It'll be an hour lawn memorial to Lindsey Graham and MS McConnell.
Speaker 2: And Joe Biden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, yeah, superchat saying we'll definitely answer those we have. We're gonna go ahead, go ahead and get started with our list. But for those of you that just may be coming across the show, my name is Kenneth be Inched. Next to me, I have Rod right there is Mike across from Rod, and then of course sitting directly across.
Speaker 2: From me is Spike.
Speaker 1: So if you guys enjoyed this video, hit to like subscribe to the channel. We got a lot of stuff that's cooking in addition to Patreon, Patreon dot com, slash Friends per second podcast where we.
Speaker 3: Have solo reviews.
Speaker 2: You get everything early, and we have exclusive videos on Patreon as well. Uh. Zone of Interest is the one that they have for me.
Speaker 1: And uh, and I gotta start watching that, but I was gonna watch it last night I watched Undertone instead. But uh, and we talked about Undertone on the Mycelonion episode. Anyway, let's get into it, man, What what do you guys want to do start? What do you guys want to start with? Films and TV shows?
Speaker 3: TV shows?
Speaker 1: Okay, before we go through that, I guess we'll go five through one. And the way it looks like the graphic was put on here.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, anybody just give the five. Yeah, we'll we'll go do it the round table, get up five. Then I put it up on screen. Isn't that how we do it?
Speaker 2: Isn't here y'all.
Speaker 3: Should But I thought we went around and did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like Rod gives five through two, you would get five through two and then we all went back and did one separate.
Speaker 3: I thought that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have a graphic that has all right.
Speaker 3: I don't think he did it that way. No, I think it's all five. So we all give our five and then he put it up yep, yeah, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 6: It's not that we'll see.
Speaker 2: But I looked at yeah, you can do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we were starting with all of us, so we all just started yelling.
Speaker 1: No, but that would be fun. But was this difficult for anyone starting with TV shows?
Speaker 3: Yeah, TV's kind of for me.
Speaker 5: It was difficult remembering what I saw and didn't see this year for some reason, so I had to go back and look. But yeah, it was more stuff that I could have added. I think my little changed, probably drastically by the end of the year too.
Speaker 1: The TV specially what made it difficult for me were the number of shows I haven't completed. That's part of it too, And I'm like, there are probably some shows that would have been on the list if I had finished them, and I kind of started to regret that decision so much like you, I went back in time to kind of go back and see what we've covered and what we did not cover, and looking on Wikipedia, they'd be skipping some stuff they do.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, especially the black stuff. If you watch any black shows, they don't be on Wikipedia.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that that also kind of screwed it up, because I've gotten screwed up like that before in the past when we do these shows and I look and Jadalen and Nick I have something on their list that I watched that I liked but I forgot and one of there is app So before I get into that, though, Mike, what about you?
Speaker 3: Yes, this was very hard. No pause pro homo. I haven't watched enough.
Speaker 4: And I realized that when I sat down to put my list together. This has been a year where I have not kept up with a lot of stuff outside of frame. Shit, I really haven't watched much. So I've been so busy all month or all year, so this was really hard for me to sit down and be like, Okay, what is it that I finished?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had that same problem, mainly dealing with his graduation, specially towards the tail end of that, like April through probably even before then.
Speaker 2: You know, I've just been moving and moving and moving. Finally got a shack has to sit down and uh, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, but.
Speaker 1: But yeah, So back to your question, TV Time and track t r a K T use tracked. It's better because it has TVs and movies.
Speaker 3: Why is the letter box at TV?
Speaker 2: They're working on it, but they've been saying that for three years.
Speaker 3: Why do you gotta work on it? Just add it's weird.
Speaker 1: It's probably how they want to track it. I would loved if they did it, but people don't want them to do it because they's supposed to be for movies. Okay, yeah, it's just kind of weird. People are, uh tribal like that. But one of the ones I use TV time is going out. They're shutting down. Uh, and they were kind of the backup I used. But I'm trying out one called serialized since I have which it's taking me a while to get kind of used to the the the interface, but track TV is my goal to I've been a a paid member for them since twenty sixteen because I wanted to support them because developing and software and stuff is really difficult and expensive. So I've been supporting them since twenty sixteen. But that's the one that I use the most, and I use the letterbox. Going back to the movies thing is that I wish I would have been tracking my list on letterbox more. Me too, And I know you used to do that, but this year I haven't.
Speaker 3: I fell off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I just started adding stuff. But yeah, I'm gonna try to be more.
Speaker 2: Better at that.
Speaker 4: But this sucked because it's like, man, I don't this sounds pretentious, but I don't typically have people being like, oh, have you seen.
Speaker 3: XYZ horror movie?
Speaker 4: Usually I've seen all the shit because I work from home. So usually it's like the second something either comes out on streaming or it pops up on some kind of app.
Speaker 3: I watch it.
Speaker 4: This year is like I missed a lot of shit because I just I couldn't get out to the theater and I just couldn't y'all all these goddamn shows y'all making us watch.
Speaker 3: I would d all these shows. Man, it's gonna be It's gonna be the Spike and Kin show from.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So anyway, man, let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Uh damn, where's my Listen to the tailer.
Speaker 6: You're sitting in. My mic is off.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to make sure and talk a little bit and see if my mic is in fact off, if the mics.
Speaker 6: Were working, they were.
Speaker 3: Nope, your mic is on. Where's my list?
Speaker 6: Just wanted to make sure.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, anyways, let's get into it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: By the way, while I pull up my list.
Speaker 2: Be on the.
Speaker 3: Ship to pull up my list and be on your list. You know what in the r keller are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I sent Jaylor my list, but I didn't put numbers by.
Speaker 3: See Jaylor. Jayleen? Oh my god, I hope Jayleen fuck with you.
Speaker 2: He would have told you he's tired.
Speaker 3: He didn't even respond to it. Always does this.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I think he figured it out. Oh well, but we find out, bro. I can't let him know now rode the graphics and.
Speaker 7: Creative Afterwards, I'm saying like, okay, actually this was five.
Speaker 6: And this was you know what, I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Ship rod, I don't even know the order, you know what, just rejoke ship out then, man, Yeah, because we ain't got time.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, day unprepared. Oh, I see what happened.
Speaker 2: It didn't, it didn't it did. It didn't carry over the numbers.
Speaker 3: We know what happened.
Speaker 2: I did it. Never buy there in order, Rob what you got for number five? It's always something different. So we're all going.
Speaker 3: Around giving five, yes, around giving four. Well, we're going to see if that's how the actual gotcha.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, hold on, I want to start this differently. You're the movie guy and you're the TV guy. Okay, so we're gonna go with the least and then kind of Yeah, so I'm gonna start with you and then with movies out in with you? All right, So starting with you, since TV shows are not your thing, per se? What's your number?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 6: Number five is beef?
Speaker 3: Did you all right? He really did just say that? I thought you said it too, because you knew it sounded like you said then it sound like you said beef If I did, I don't remember saying that. I didn't mean too.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: I heard it too. Yeah, it sounded like I said, Beef, weird, I need to go back into the room.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 6: It sounded like you said, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: That's weird, yes, Beef, Yep, all right, all right, Uh, staying on this couch. My number five is Industry season four. H damn, yep, that's what I got. So going to uh, Mike and Spike. Starting with Mike and with Spike, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen me in the woods wrestling with a grizzy bell half the bow who season five? Roger forget the show out still? He like, wait, mystical had a show.
Speaker 2: I thought he was in jail.
Speaker 3: Rody saying, you quiet, He's always quiet, always, Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 6: They're watching it.
Speaker 3: My number five is Night of the Seven Kingdoms. Mm hmm up you're the host, half the chorum. I'm telling you'll missing out.
Speaker 2: We reviewed it.
Speaker 3: That's why he's laughing. Absolutely. I liked it.
Speaker 2: Maybe end with reversed.
Speaker 3: Think, oh god, he's he's a TV guy, but we don't always agree with his choices. This is true, This is true. He watched a lot of TV. He's dot like good. Seven Kings wasn't bad from what I remember, but it was good being in that world though. Gotta remember I'm a big Game of Thrones man.
Speaker 2: So okay, I like Game of throw.
Speaker 6: To, but I don't know it's I put it down.
Speaker 7: I didn't realize I watched as many TV shows as I did, actually, and I was just like, oh, I guess I could put a good little list.
Speaker 3: Oh, so say your.
Speaker 2: Turnout it is? I want to have you show any graphics afterwards? Yeah, I put it on the screen. Now, Sorry, this is Jalen's fault.
Speaker 6: Should have been here.
Speaker 2: Did he get more? All right?
Speaker 3: So? Wait? Is that all of.
Speaker 2: It is? Why you doing that?
Speaker 6: Let me check the game on the Could they still send him low?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Jalen normally can it just the So hopefully that's a little bit better chemical.
Speaker 6: Come my boy, I don't know what he said that.
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Jayleen put his on here too. Number were we supposed to read it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Jalen, if you're listening, send us your list because we don't none of us have it. Let me text him.
Speaker 6: He said rock got a black spring, So I guess he never updated.
Speaker 3: Man, No, see you what's yours? M hm?
Speaker 2: So well that boy smart? Jaylen? Smart? He figured out more order. Alright, Number four is on there?
Speaker 3: Did he send you?
Speaker 1: No, he didn't see me on this, I'll text him. Oh this, Uh, this is one I didn't finish. Hell's Paradise.
Speaker 3: I never heard of it.
Speaker 2: It's an anime. I didn't There's yeah, I didn't finish it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But that's another one I didn't finish. It's so many and we can talk about that when we're done. Let's go out there and try to go to get through these.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Number four, I have the pit season two?
Speaker 3: Right? What you got?
Speaker 6: I got his and hers?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, isn't he I like that show? If I were you, I'll be more offended by the fact that Ken didn't at that ship? What was his?
Speaker 2: Was? How was that? Was?
Speaker 7: The one had the twist that yeah? Oh with h with old boy friend punish it and Walking Dead?
Speaker 6: What's his name?
Speaker 3: John burnhal and h the light Skins? Oh oh with the Mama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I did too, rot it was alright, alright, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 3: Number four?
Speaker 4: The only reason it's so low is because I just finished it. But the Terror Devil in Silver, Yeah, I didn't realize this was connected to the old the other two seasons, because when I pulled it up, it was just called Devil and Silver, so I was like, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: But when I saw that it was The Terror, I jumped on it and yeah, it's good. It's really, really really good. Yeah, that's another one on my list, Spike number four, my friends in Neighbors.
Speaker 2: So we missed with season two.
Speaker 3: That did like season two to the All right, yeah I got it. You haven't finished it.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't finished it. Oh bro, what the hell?
Speaker 6: Trying to pull it up?
Speaker 2: All the graphics disappeared.
Speaker 3: I don't wonder why he didn't have my five? When did you send it? Well?
Speaker 6: He got that on there?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 6: That's his hers? He didn't have my five.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: He autographics disappeared now they just reappeared and I didn't even put that on there. Oh well, tell us what your list is by that's half Man. I heard that was good to watch it.
Speaker 3: It's bad. I love Baby Reindeer. I did not like Half Man at fucking oh, but y'all watch it. Maybe maybe I'm tripping.
Speaker 6: It's a it's a sequel. I mean, what's the.
Speaker 4: Guy that that wrote and directed, I believe, and he's also the same guy that's acting in it Baby Reindeer.
Speaker 3: I thought was brilliant this. I was just like, yeah, m hmm, what you said. Brilliant it is, But I didn't like this one. Half Man, Yeah, it was really boring.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Number three?
Speaker 6: Right, what you got Paradise?
Speaker 3: Well, what was Jalen's ford?
Speaker 2: He half man man?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm stupid. I'm sorry old Yeah, old and stupid.
Speaker 6: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: So Paradise, Yes, Paradise is my number three. Bro.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 3: I forgot. I did too.
Speaker 5: I forgot about Paradise until like a day later. I was like, damn it came out this year, did Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Number three for me is a wonder Man, wonder Man nobody. Yeah, you tried that my Seven Kingdoms. You put wonder Man on that.
Speaker 2: I liked it, like you with me.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I forgot, we watched it. I'm still trying to forget terrible hat.
Speaker 1: Also, I am limited by the number of shows I watched too, so my list is going to be truncated because of that.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of ship I didn't finishing big words, but uh, I'm sorry, say t words.
Speaker 3: Because you had a bad TV Thank you all small because you got your degree. You're trying to just canna populate me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right, man, uh let's see. So yeah, that's that's it. Uh So that oops, that damn it?
Speaker 6: What the hell happened to my order?
Speaker 3: Okay, damn just sent me to his list?
Speaker 2: I know I did because a ship moved, right.
Speaker 3: It's the wrong person. You can't leave online, that's true. Get the youngest person in the room to do this ship.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there we go, wonder man. And I don't know what that is Jalen got, but he sent you the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had three or.
Speaker 2: Four red three.
Speaker 4: His number three is Nippon saying goku okay anime he said. He says it's a Japanese porn, but he thought we were open enough to include something like that.
Speaker 3: So I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: Why y'all laugh, because I swear I thought I hurt nipple. Yeah, nipple.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just kidding. I don't know what I'm assuming it's an anime. All right, cool?
Speaker 2: Moving on to number two. Right, what you got?
Speaker 3: We didn't do number three.
Speaker 2: We just number three.
Speaker 3: I didn't do my three. What's your three, Shrinking did it's shrinking.
Speaker 2: I didn't think all.
Speaker 3: None of y'all did three. I said, y'all did three. I didn't do three.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: I was like, damn that I missed three. Yes, any anytime. Sure he can do a season. We do these, It's gonna be on my list. But Shrinking, that's one of my favorite.
Speaker 6: But I never finished. I never finished.
Speaker 3: Really, it's still it's good man, they can't miss.
Speaker 6: It is It is a I don't want to say smart show, but like A I don't know, like A. I guess smart in a difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the one with Harrison Ford's good.
Speaker 2: I almost started Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Apple TV.
Speaker 2: I started just my Apple TV Q is so like large and I just like, forget it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna just start watching everything. So I just started watching everything. I almost clicked on that one, but I wanted to get through the golfing show with Old Wilson.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The first episode I was, I was, I was like, okay, this is kind.
Speaker 3: Of like Ted Lasso.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I watched Ted last so but Mike said it was trash.
Speaker 3: Will Farrow got one. I never watched Ted Lao.
Speaker 2: Was it Barry then Barry okay, but I only.
Speaker 3: I don't care, Spike. I watched one season of it and I didn't like it. Oh no, you gotta finish it.
Speaker 4: No, I don't my number stay black and die. I'm telling you, Mike, if you finished it, it gets great. I have to go back and rewatch season one. That last season is fire. Every episode is good.
Speaker 2: All right, back over here, ride number two.
Speaker 6: My number two is the bear.
Speaker 3: All right. They said Mike didn't give his number three, but I did. I did give my number three.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Say it again for the record for those that miss.
Speaker 3: I did not give my number three.
Speaker 2: What happened? You up?
Speaker 3: Like we did it?
Speaker 7: I think you gave Jalen three and then it was just like wow, the Jay, it was rid you Jalen, And.
Speaker 2: Then it was with the two.
Speaker 3: It was so frustrating too. What happened I don't know. As the man in the mirror, I don't know what happened. That's larious. Y'all gotta tell Jay he can't leave. He rolling his eyes right now, you're making it face right, yeah, yeah, called us all types of.
Speaker 2: My number three.
Speaker 3: Because I'm looking at it right now, it looks old as hell.
Speaker 2: We are old.
Speaker 1: As I just talked y'all about i'll be forgetting ship. I could have swore went no, the beans is right.
Speaker 4: I was near talking about yoll three, so you heard me talking, so I think he probably just skipped ahead.
Speaker 3: But yes, so my three is from season four.
Speaker 4: Did not say that I didn't. I thoroughly enjoyed this season, Yeah I had.
Speaker 3: I had a good time with it.
Speaker 4: Were me and Spike were talking earlier about y'all that be complaining about this show.
Speaker 3: Y'all are posers. Man, you just showed up. You just showed up and you turned the show on. You're like, I don't have any answers. We knew we wouldn't get been here for years.
Speaker 4: Now we are settled in the fact that we're not answered, So we're just it's fine.
Speaker 3: It's fine to not have an answers to everything. I watched it. We hadn't watched the season, Yeah, I hadn't watched it yet, and I was.
Speaker 4: Like, man, if they seriously do a whole other season with no answers, I wanna be irritated.
Speaker 2: But I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I wasn't irritated because I didn't get a fucking answer. Because now really now you're just more questions. And now now I'm just watching it like enjoying it, like okay, so what are they doing with it?
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I don't expect answers, but I will say to the folks watching, the only problem that I have and I will always have, is they keep doing my girl Donna wrong because they won't give.
Speaker 4: Her some pants that fish And if I was the fucking actress that plays Donna, who's a great actress, y'all not about to have me out here always having my fucking zipper out like her her pants have no zipper cover.
Speaker 3: I don't know her fupa is just like, bro, we can't be contained. It was real bad in the last two episodes when they had her laying down after the heart I was like, what are y'all doing this? Looks like it don't matter, y'all gotta stop doing my.
Speaker 2: Girl Donna wrong.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: The guy of the black guy, the sheriff, Yeah, the sheriff his acting. I don't know why he decided to add this sort of thing that he's doing when he's always trying, he's talking, he's fussing. Somebody was like, and what I'm saying, oh, it's bad, and he just stopped. He just stopped, and he just make a face and just look around. It's it's like, why did you decide.
Speaker 2: That that's how he's going to be?
Speaker 4: So what's worse is him having Parkinson's now, yes, how he keeps getting.
Speaker 3: Mad when his hands he scratches hand, do this just like a black person would do. What the words? My god, it's larious. I love that dude. Man, he can never do no wrong with me with him too.
Speaker 2: All right now number two? Right?
Speaker 3: What you got again? Yeah?
Speaker 2: The bear?
Speaker 6: It's the bear? Yes, the finale, season finale, series finale, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, season five, help the bell. I don't know why I forgot about the bear, whatever reason it's I don't know. I think I was in the rush to get my list over his or hers.
Speaker 2: Oh number to see that.
Speaker 3: Gets scoff gets scoff gets less and less married. Every time you y'all liked it?
Speaker 2: It was fun? No, hell, what what I mean?
Speaker 6: We haven't watched a whole bunch of TV.
Speaker 3: That's true. It is top might be thirteen to fourteen.
Speaker 6: I thought it was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I had a great time.
Speaker 7: I love the n D I did too, because I remember we said that's how you're supposed to do it, if you're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm. Like the twist, I remember saying it went an episode too long.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I won't say what the twist was just cause nobody hadn't watched it, but yeah, the twist was really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right over to the next couch.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember the twist now?
Speaker 2: Mmmm see. Now, now you wish you put on what you got for number two, Mike?
Speaker 4: For number two, I have The Pit season two. Okay, the Pit has not let me down, not even for one episode. I have not seen a single episode of The Pit and been like I was all right, it was okay. Now every episode is like, man, this shit is so good.
Speaker 2: This is so good, Spike me.
Speaker 5: Now I'm agreeing with you because I have the Pit at number two as well. I think me and you probably have the same last too. No, you don't think so.
Speaker 3: My number one, well number one is definitely not your number. Okay, got you. But now I'm curious though. Yeah, the Pit, the Pit, I feel like, hasn't let me down.
Speaker 5: It hadn't been a bad episode of this series, yet this season continued to power on.
Speaker 3: All the stuff was good. I can't wait till the next will come out and.
Speaker 2: I can see right here, Jalen has The Bears as number two.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, mhmm, yep. Okay, all right, So.
Speaker 2: Moving on our number one show of the year so far, ride what you got?
Speaker 6: My number one is The Pit?
Speaker 7: Hmm and like yeah, because at first I was saying I think I was arguable, not arguing but debating with Mike Overpit in Paradise, and then I was like, yeah, I think he's kind of right.
Speaker 6: The Pit is a better show, and so yeah, I got to pick its number one.
Speaker 2: Number one for me is Invincible?
Speaker 3: Did you forget about the Pit? It's on my list?
Speaker 1: It was just like four, yeah, four, The Bear is the one that I would but Invincible is is my number one?
Speaker 3: Because you said Paradise to r m HM said you forgot about Paradise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I forgot about Paradise too. Yeah. But that the ass whippings that I saw in that show. I got to watch that, man, what it was.
Speaker 3: It was?
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: So invincible you would ask me seasable there you go?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 6: How long are the episodes?
Speaker 3: Thirty minutes? Right?
Speaker 2: Thirty forty Yeah, something like that. Yeah, it's good, man, it is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but there's a lot of that's actual. Alight.
Speaker 2: The boys there definitely take you an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would definitely go Invincible over the boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, what you got number one?
Speaker 3: Number motherfucking one, which I know is not your number one? Yeah, mall shadow Lord, that'st the one I wish I was. Man, this show Man is so good. The Star Wars show.
Speaker 4: It starts, It started off very much like I don't know what's going on here, but by episode three I was hooked. And I won't say what happens at the end, but it will make you feel like a fucking hid again.
Speaker 3: I was like, Yo, what the fuck?
Speaker 8: This is so good?
Speaker 4: All this is so good and it's deep. The animation is really cool. They really give these some very interesting story because this is a this is an I'm tired of Darth Maul, Like he's dead. Why are we still making shows about him? But they did it, man, they did it really well. So yep, there you go, Spik what you got my number one?
Speaker 5: Industry? The latest season the Industry. I feel like that was really good TV. I didn't hear you saying I thought you liked it.
Speaker 3: No, I was about to say I didn't. I don't know why you would think I haven't watched it.
Speaker 5: I forget it's on my list of I don't know why I thought you watched it. But yeah, Industry the latest Scenson, Yes it is to watch it. Yeah, so to see how bad this was the best season of that show, this latest season. I'm gonna watch it. I'm gonna watch it. I'm not watching anything right now, so I'll do it. Oh and Jalen's number one is also invincible.
Speaker 2: M hm oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know why I never put in Vinceball on my best of.
Speaker 1: I forgot one year and I said, I'm not gonna forget this year, but every year I forget because I went to Wikipedia. I said, okay, what came out this year and scanned through the list, and it was unless I missed it, I didn't see it on there. So so yeah, so a couple of honorable mentions. Let's go ahead and get that out of the way. But real quick, let me make sure there's no like recap rapping or anything. I don't see one. So the rest is just the top five stuff. So honorable mentions.
Speaker 2: Do we have any.
Speaker 3: No, no, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I had wonder Man as able.
Speaker 7: Men, all right, my dude, I had the Knighters e the Kingdoms as an honorable mention dt F Saint Louis. I has one and the last one what's Euphoria? Because I do feel like they ended that the best way that they could. It still just wasn't strong. It still just wasn't strong enough because you can tell that the actors were on their way out or whatever, so they just kind of scraped together what they could with the show.
Speaker 3: So I did commend them for what they how they ended it, giving the circumstances.
Speaker 6: So because because Euphoria was such a good show. But yeah, it just didn't it just didn't.
Speaker 7: It didn't close out as strong as I think it could have because of all the controversy.
Speaker 1: And and and the things that were going on with the actors. All Right, I'm still trying to finish Widows. I think I'm on episode.
Speaker 3: Four, got eighteen Emmy nominations.
Speaker 2: I'm enjoying it. Mike, I know you didn't like it.
Speaker 6: People talking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see why.
Speaker 1: It's the tone I think. Yeah, Yeah, I don't like horror comedies. Yeah, but I'm a drunking so far. I don't know if it's going to hold up for all of that Rod, But uh, that was one that I wished I finished. What's another one? The mall thing that Mike was talking about? Like, I almost just was like, all right, i'ma just thug it out.
Speaker 2: And binge it.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't gonna to get a chance to get through it because I knew I was missing out. I didn't finish Your Friends and Neighbors season two. There was another show which is kind of crazy, remember the now, I ain't even say that one Spike, Did you like Margo's Got Money Problem?
Speaker 5: I ain't finished it. That probably would have been on my list if I finished that. It was another appisode too, but I didn't finish. I liked the beginning of it though it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't finished more arc but I thought I was gonna make the list. I haven't finished for All Mankinds Silos back by the way.
Speaker 3: I ain't no for All mankind had a spinoff, did you know? Yep?
Speaker 2: Star City. I haven't watched that either.
Speaker 1: Uh. Like I said earlier, I haven't finished His Paradise and those are just some of the ones I can remember. There's some other ones I haven't started either, but yeah, those are some of the ones that I can remember right off the just looking at this list right here, Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well watching that's good clarification for me. They will be.
Speaker 3: Paradise definitely. I watched this this year.
Speaker 5: I didn't look it up just now, and they say it came out last year, But I don't know if I believe that it was a beast.
Speaker 3: In me with Claid Dane. Did we talk about that that was that was last year? I'm sure, well it might, but it was. It was a Netflix show. It came out the same time.
Speaker 5: I kind of thought there was the beginning of this. Maybe it does say November of last year, but I just wanted to mention that.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I thought that they got a really good job, the one that played the villain. I didn't finish.
Speaker 2: The Bear.
Speaker 3: Honorable mentioned and yeah, that's that's it. So the Soul, as you mentioned, are really bit better than The Bear. Mm hmm, yeah to you. To me his last season, I wasn't the biggest fan of this last season of A Bear.
Speaker 5: Overall, The Bear is a better TV show than some of these, but the last season I wasn't the biggest fan of over these five shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it did feel.
Speaker 4: Rush when I really sit down and think about it. That's why it was so low on mind on my list.
Speaker 6: Oh, I liked it.
Speaker 3: I liked I didn't hate it. Yeah I didn't. I liked it. It didn't have the same impact as the other seasons.
Speaker 7: That's what I felt like when I when I because I came in later on that review, I felt like, y'all wasn't that high on it.
Speaker 4: I never one time felt like I was gonna cry this season, all last season, all the season before. I was like, why do I feel emotional? How come every time Tina shows up I want to weep? That didn't happen in all this season.
Speaker 3: Anyway. The only were you done with your honorable mentions?
Speaker 4: The only honorable mention I'll throw out there is this show called something Very Bad.
Speaker 3: Is about to Happen? Or is going to watch it? I liked it, I just hated the way it ended.
Speaker 4: If the ending actually came together, I would have this would have easily been high on my list.
Speaker 3: But the ending was so trash. I was like, all right, I don't know what the fuck y'all doing, but except playing with me as a consumer. So no, but yeah, that's the only.
Speaker 4: Honorable mention I could think of. I didn't watch that many shows outside of what. Outside what we reviewed, Euphoria was good. I don't think it's better than any of the shows that I named. I don't think the season and itself was better. I still think Euphoria as a show, as a movement, as a phenomenon.
Speaker 3: As a motherfucking crew, as a motherfucker grew is one thing. But this last season was just good. It wasn't to me at least, it wasn't amazing like.
Speaker 2: The other.
Speaker 3: Like, especially like season one. Like season one was just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So nah, Yeah, I tried to file the shows I finished, but it wasn't a long list. So yeah, I'm pretty much in the watching category still for stuff. So yeah, all right, let's let's go ahead and go through our movies. It's movie times, so I'm gonna go ahead and flip it, and I'm gonna start on this couch over there, starting with number five.
Speaker 3: He's starting with the least, so he's going to yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you got spiked for number five?
Speaker 3: I have a movie that I think y'all collectively hated, but I didn't mind it.
Speaker 2: No way in hell I think y'all did. No way in hell you put that on kids?
Speaker 3: Bullshit? Good Luck, I do not die, bro.
Speaker 1: I thought you were about to say disclosure days.
Speaker 2: No. I enjoyed that movie.
Speaker 3: Thought y'all hated it, because.
Speaker 2: Remember hating it.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it, but I remember hating.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, good luck, half fund, don't die. It was a fun time at the movie for me. I liked it, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I had a glaring one that I missed though that I didn't think about it later.
Speaker 2: Damn, Mike, what you got?
Speaker 4: This is not really my number five because I sent jail on the wrong list, But since we already yeah, I'm just gonna go with it because it's it's still great.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: It's a movie called white Weavn or wit Weaving, but it's it's labeled as heresy in the United States.
Speaker 3: It's on shutter. It's only like an hour long.
Speaker 4: It's a I'm a sucker for folk who anytime a fulk horror movie pops up, I'm gonna watch it. And this one's very unsettling, and it's really really really really really cool.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's my number five.
Speaker 2: Number five for me is mendo grogu. Yeah, that's what I got. Don't don't look like that on the guy.
Speaker 6: I wasn't here.
Speaker 3: It was a masterpiece.
Speaker 2: What you got at number five?
Speaker 6: Number five? I have Project Hill Mary hm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm sounds right, Yeah, yeah that does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does sound about right up your alley. Very wholesome.
Speaker 3: Rod is used to rocks making him cry. That's a bar though. You can have it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want it. That could be crack rock.
Speaker 3: That's a trimple on for that's what she was talking about. H Jalen, Yeah, jal do you have Yes, I don't have his list.
Speaker 2: I'm just it.
Speaker 6: Are you joking about?
Speaker 2: No? They might.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't think they would keep doing that, So I don't know. Maybe your mic is going in and out. Let me let me see I just turned it out. Hold on, folks, let me okay, say something.
Speaker 6: Right, saying something now to make sure my Michael isn't okay. Okay, say something rock, saying something now to make it might just be computers or something.
Speaker 3: God damn oblivion. I said. I didn't say y'all, relying, I said, I was gonna check.
Speaker 2: Because it's the one with table on.
Speaker 3: It is good.
Speaker 6: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: It's on certain devices that I see you Oblivion take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just turned up a little bit. All right, all right, Uh you're probably just stay and adjusted. But uh, moving on to number four, Spike, my.
Speaker 3: Number four was Mandon Lorn and Grogu really good time at the theaters.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Mike Ken number four.
Speaker 4: My number four was back rooms. Okay, I think it should have been higher, but back rooms thumb before.
Speaker 3: He's still keeping the same theory, absolutely.
Speaker 4: And man, I feel like Ken when he talks about how everybody came around on the scarface shit, even though don't think Kim was serious when he said it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's coming around on this AI theory.
Speaker 4: And I'm mad that y'all don't give me my fucking props because me and my girl it's the first thing we thought and nobody else said it.
Speaker 3: But then recently people are putting up think pieces.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there was AI bitch here and there fuck y'all all y'all that was like, oh not.
Speaker 3: You, the all pun fuckers. That was like all Mike's just making this shit up. What's Mike talking about? All right?
Speaker 4: I don't care about your little hands, but no back rooms is fucking fantastic. Man, it really is good and I can't wait to see what this what this dude does next?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Number four for me, I have obsession at number four?
Speaker 3: Yep, So what about you, Rob? What's your four?
Speaker 6: At number four is already been mentioned. It's a good luck, have fun, don't die.
Speaker 3: That was that was a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, Spike number hold on, let me put this up here real quick. Some people can see the summary.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 1: So that's what we have on the screen. And then of course give Jalen's Uh okay, I can't read that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have the number four?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his movie, Oh Ken just took a ship in his pants? His number four is wiste. Man, I'm not sure what that is. So is that the movie that you forgot?
Speaker 1: No, God, don't be kicking myself, all right, kick it, kick it, God, damn it.
Speaker 2: Spike. Number three?
Speaker 5: Number three for me is God is really enjoyed that unique I'm good on there. You like Mandalorian and Roku. I didn't like him to put it nowhere near.
Speaker 3: The top five list except Top five Disappointments, Top five flops. Why the did y'all do this? It's not a flop? The fuck it ain't.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a flope. Super Girl is a flop.
Speaker 3: It's not Mandalorian. Hold On, I don't think it was. I thought we look at the numbers from Mandalorian Grog, and I thought they were really bad.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was as expected.
Speaker 3: This weren't as bad as Supergirl.
Speaker 4: But ship, I mean, hold on, I thought it was a flop. Maybe I'm wrong. Nothing nothing to flop means that it's a bad movie, per se.
Speaker 2: No, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Compared to the budget, yeah, they say, yeah, I thought it was.
Speaker 5: Oh, it says demand will to grow to is officially considered a major box office flop, becoming the lowest it's the lowest grossing live action Star Wars film.
Speaker 3: Eff. Okay, So it's a flop in comparison to Star Wars. So I guess it's not a flop in general because it's a gross three hundred and twenty million. That's budget five hundred to six hundred. That's a flop that was just to break even. No, that's a flop.
Speaker 1: No, I'm seeing different numbers. I'm seeing the budget on wikis one sixty five with box Officer three forty.
Speaker 2: Now, these are updated numbers. These are updated numbers that's been out.
Speaker 3: For a while. But even your y'all's budgets are way different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So there's two different numbers. They may be including marketing. Sometimes they'll do that when they want to make a point. They'll include marketing in the budget to run the budget up so they can.
Speaker 2: Make it seem like it flopped. But it maybe.
Speaker 1: I think there was a conversation about it not performing as well as expected. Yeah, all right, so all right, cool? So me, So number three for me is Michael.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yep, I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I'll get to face all you off.
Speaker 3: It would have been on my list, but I forgot about it again.
Speaker 6: I could.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe I forgot your snickers, my nigga, they don't work no more. Man, that's crazy. I can watch it again, bike, you watch it again.
Speaker 2: I've seen it twice, and I feel like I can watch it the third time. I really can't.
Speaker 3: Oh Jesus, that's better. That's crazy. That's your favorite movie of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah mm hmmm, yeah, gonna get three.
Speaker 3: But yeah, wait, so did you do your three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my three was God is you did your three?
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: I didn't do my three?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, just go ahead and ship. Yeah, you threw me off.
Speaker 3: I think I think I think we're throwing ourselves off today, y'all.
Speaker 7: It's the way he's going with it because he's I'm going this way, but you're trying to make me last, so that you go that way and then come.
Speaker 3: To you and me and here you do.
Speaker 9: But no matter what order I go, I should still go one, two, you should right, So regardless, I'm still too Oh this is funny.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Yeah, my number three was still this story? Please? How did you not go? That's crazy? Be could y'all be ignoring me?
Speaker 1: No, we started debating Spike's movie and then I think my winning and then.
Speaker 3: I'll go much Yeah, up the buck up? Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still somebody's story.
Speaker 3: That's the black version. Steal somebody star steal this story. Please, y'all? Are was democracy now?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the story of Amy Goodman and how the whole thing started. And it's it's an incredible documentary. It's one of those one of those films that really makes you feel like you ain't doing enough. And we went to a we went to a screening. Amy Goodman was there, heard her puppy and there was like a whole Q and a after.
Speaker 3: It was amazing.
Speaker 4: It really it really drives home the importance of independent media, and especially during times of you know, the threat of fascism, independent media is so important and watching this, you're like, man, these people are doing this just because they want these stories to get out and they don't want this type of news to get buried.
Speaker 3: And it really does make you feel like you ain't doing shit.
Speaker 4: Not like in a bad way. He makes you want to do stuff, but no, it's it's incredible. It's seriously incredible.
Speaker 3: Y'all can see it. Check it out.
Speaker 2: What you got right?
Speaker 6: I already said it three?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're on two now because you skip me? When did he say three?
Speaker 4: He said three before I said what was your third? He actually said his three before you said your three?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: He did?
Speaker 4: How say it again? Rode jailing? You're not fucking leaving during the live ever?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 4: He ain't said when I was thinking, we're not jailing, We're not doing this skip myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah no, I did not say three.
Speaker 2: Sorry so you said I did? It was Michael. This should not be this hard. It shouldn't be.
Speaker 6: We're a pro.
Speaker 3: But why are we failing? I know, I think we relying on jail too much.
Speaker 7: I think we've never done it like this. We've done it the other way, where we go through everybody give this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not like a round robin. We've done round robin. We can't do rob We've done them before. But yeah, ago, but I haven't done it.
Speaker 6: That way in a long time. That's what's happening right now, all right. My number three was sent hilp.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I like dark comedies and that one, that one that was good.
Speaker 2: That was a good one.
Speaker 3: That's when the Boss and heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like I like that.
Speaker 3: The way that was set up streaming it, I don't watch it. It is. I think I think it just started it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And Jalen's number third movie is number three is The Furious.
Speaker 2: This is the one I was mad. I forgot. I don't know how as much as I've been talking about this movie, I forgot about this movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very insane, but I think I was under the pressure to get the list in and just I don't know anyway, all right, Yeah, I'm sick about that one. Kendle telling the which way to number two, Spike, Damn. Number two for me is the Drama. I really really enjoyed the Drama. That's the only one I forgot.
Speaker 3: And Robert Pattinson, Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't on that, but a crazy did you watch it? You ain't see it? Oh you didn't like it? Oh you didn't like it?
Speaker 2: Catch you?
Speaker 5: I feel like the Drama. When I seen it, I thought that was gonna be my number one for the year. I ain't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think nothing was gonna I didn't think anything was gonna pass it.
Speaker 2: But some of it.
Speaker 3: If I had been out here, I loved it.
Speaker 6: I was gonna love it. But it's something that didn't connect from me on that one.
Speaker 3: Number two, Mike, My number two is obsession.
Speaker 4: But again I sent this list, and this list is I feel like obsession should not be at number two.
Speaker 3: But obsession is number two. It should be lower, all right?
Speaker 1: Number two for me back rooms, So I think I was kind of flipped Mike, Yeah, back rooms obsession. But yeah, I got back Rooms at number two. Well on this list, not your other list. Yeah, but yeah, So that's that's it for me, Rod.
Speaker 6: My number two.
Speaker 7: It is in the right place for me, which is a session numbersion. Yeah yeah, you said you you said it should be lower, but I think it deserves number two like.
Speaker 3: It does on your list.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean I was it not my uh, I had I had low expectations for I mean not low expectations. I just didn't know. I just didn't know what to expect. I didn't expect me to I didn't expect to enjoy like that. I said that on a review. I expect to enjoy that movie like that, all right. I don't think other people did either. And now it's like skyrocking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's going nuts yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Isn't that number one now as far as most profitable film of all time?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: And it hits streaming on the seventeenth of this month. That's correct, I remember correctly in the chat. All right, I gotta shut off super Chest shall you should have been shut off? I forgot, all right?
Speaker 2: And so that's it. What is Jalen's I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Jalen's Number two is ARCO.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is, though, it's like an enemy of so probably Yeah.
Speaker 3: The only ARCO.
Speaker 4: I know. There's a movie with it, like an action film with Ben Affleck, but I'm assuming that that's not what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: But now it looks like some animation shit. Okay, yeah, all right, all right. Number one, we finally made it, right, Yeah, it was Spike what you got?
Speaker 3: I got back wounds, man.
Speaker 5: I was not expecting to you like, I still talked to people about that movie. I'm still going down rabbit hole and ship. That was the most enjoyable theater experience of the year by far from me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're still theory.
Speaker 3: No, he's still wrong. Yeah. So even the director hinted at it, like I'm telling you, no, he did.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, he gave an interview. I'm telling y'all making shut up.
Speaker 3: He didn't say the opposite, y'all know he didn't. He said he didn't make the movie with AI.
Speaker 4: Y'all, motherfuckers, don't listen. He said he didn't make the movie using AI. He didn't take the movie wasn't about AI. He said the opposite of that, So y'all don't listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know that is what he said.
Speaker 5: Talking about people just did what people think it is in the sense of a sequel and spin offs, but not really theories, not really. I think this happened. I think this happened. Mike Willie the only one I've heard.
Speaker 2: Saying, all right, before we get down the rabbit, Mike, what's your number one?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, I was about to go find that quote and all that you're fucking wrong, and I was about to forget and start, and I.
Speaker 7: Was just thinking, he's right, because we about I'm about to serve you motherfuckers number one.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight years later, Bone Temple.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a shocker, is it is?
Speaker 3: I think why? I don't know, because the movie wasn't good. One Sash, you have on your list, but not number one. Usually you have better taste than that. That's what he said. I know you ain't talking about taste.
Speaker 4: That just seemed like what you're just bad because there's penis in it and you're scared.
Speaker 6: For the whole weird reason.
Speaker 4: That movie is incredible, from the cinematography to the acting, the story.
Speaker 3: I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I agree with you. I don't know why I didn't think that would which one am I second?
Speaker 6: No, I just it's two of them.
Speaker 4: This is the second one, or not the second it's the second one in the Yeah yeah, yeah, of the new trilogy or whatever there was twenty eighth years later. I forgot what the subtitle part was called. But the newest one is Bone Temple with.
Speaker 5: The little boy, right, the little boy, but this one he was out by himself and the fire. Okay, yes, okay, yeah, that's the one you're telling them, Okay, okay, Yeah, I don't know you liked it that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fucking great.
Speaker 1: My number one is is God is m I and joorge I that was I love that movie. I thought it was great. I really had a fantastic time watching that movie, seeing these up and coming black actors. The acting was right, and yeah, I think it just really felt black and uh and I was with it.
Speaker 2: It was with it. Sterling K. Brown was dope. Yeah, when he squared up on girl, that's my number one. What you got right?
Speaker 7: I agree is God Is? That's my number one as well. Yeah, really good original story. I think it's I think it's one of the sleeper picks of the year for me, like outside of Obsession. Yeah, yeah, I do think.
Speaker 6: You know, people probably gonna skip over this one.
Speaker 7: I think it should have probably got the same kind of traction as Obsession, is I do. I do you should have got the same type of love because.
Speaker 6: It's just original, man, it's just original. It's like you said, you know, the black opponent.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: Everybody list right, No, it's definitely honorable mention.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but hey, that he hated it. Yeah, anybody that buys a jay Z boxer is gonna hate.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe he said that. Man, he said it was awful.
Speaker 5: I believe he said it was worse than the other one that I've refused to do with, y'all, I love boosters. Yeah, he said it was worse than that.
Speaker 6: What did he not like about it? Y'all got curious? You got to break him on a curus curious about his top five?
Speaker 3: Yeah he would have. Yeah, he definitely got five. He's gonna name five Drake videos.
Speaker 2: And Jalen has the Drama as his number one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so can I can I serve y'all? So I looked it up too. Oh you did, that's why you got quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Find the quote where he said the movie, yeah, find it, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah huh.
Speaker 4: He strongly rejected the use of generative AI in filmmaking, said he wished that the tech knowledge would disappear forever. He views AI art as cultural rot and believes using it defeats the purpose of creative process. He also says he would never make AI art, but he's interested in exploring AI as a thematic subject in his films.
Speaker 3: To critique the obvious AI slop that has become part of our visual reality. So y'all tell me where in those statements he said the movie was not it had nothing to do with AI.
Speaker 5: He didn't explicitly write the movie to be about AI. Critics argue that Esteems perfectly captured the technology. Apology, what did we say?
Speaker 3: Like the fust don't read this.
Speaker 2: Told y'all he didn't say that movie was about it.
Speaker 3: I didn't say he did. Y'all specifically said he said it wasn't about AI. That's not what he said. That's what we are. That's not what he said. I thought we were apologize for thinking that you thought it was about it. Yeah what what? He stop trying? He succeeded? Like what what? Oh?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Shout out to.
Speaker 2: The witz became a member. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Momo five two two three nine who also signed up and became a member. And moving on to Jonathan Ernandez, year of Zendaia, the Drama, Odyssey, Spider Man and Doom.
Speaker 6: You didn't want to do?
Speaker 5: Yes, go ahead? What are your honor momentians? Sorry, I forgot the invite for me. I feel like it's a it's say anything because I hadn't seen it. I say this, it's a different version of the drama. It's kind of the same tone.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't give it nothing away.
Speaker 2: I ain't giving nothing away.
Speaker 3: It's just a different version of the drama.
Speaker 6: So now you know what to expect. A different versions of the drumma.
Speaker 3: It's a different version of the drama, same tone. Remember what happened in the drama like that, but a little bit. This was called the invite the drama.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I plan on going to watch it. I don't want to watch it today, but I gotta go out of town tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Somebody put in here. I don't know if y'all watched Oh yeah, y'all reviewed it, right, They Will Kill You with us that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I watched it.
Speaker 6: I never got a chance to watch it.
Speaker 3: Want reviewed it.
Speaker 4: We went on the same time, but I thought for some reason, I thought, oh, that's right, that's why I haven't watched it yet. But it just hits streaming, so I'm definitely gonna check it out.
Speaker 3: I can tell you later. I can't remember. I think it's HBO. I'm almost positive I wanted yeah, because I wanted to watch it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it popped up and I started. It was between watching that. I had just enough time for one movie. It was between that and Faces of Death. And I saw some people say that Faces of Death was good, and those people are fucking liars.
Speaker 2: They are absolute liars.
Speaker 3: I was tied for worst film of the year with Passenger, Thank You. It's garbage. I could not believe how fucking ridiculously bad this movie was. But yeah, I'm gonna watch They Will Kill You, Mike.
Speaker 1: I watched that movie and I was upset because they had the thick one from a euphorian.
Speaker 2: Barbie Ferrara, Yeah, I saw it may have been fake that she done lost weight.
Speaker 3: I think it's faith though, but.
Speaker 2: But yeah, her in it, and I was like, what in the hell she's such a I just watched this movie. Yeah, it was terrible.
Speaker 3: When it hit the end, I was like, are y'all fucking serious? Are y'all serious? Why would you do this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Anyway, all right, Jonathan Hernandez Doomsday.
Speaker 4: It was just like, let me tell y'all, was this was when you talk about sleeper movies for horror, This was the sleeper of the year.
Speaker 3: Lee cron is the Mummy. Oh. I have been telling anyone that will listen.
Speaker 4: To me, if you like Evil Dead, this ship it feels like an Evil Dead sequel.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: Fun.
Speaker 4: It is so fun, And I think calling it the Mummy made people think it was going to be trash, including me.
Speaker 3: But it has nothing to do with all the other Mummy shit.
Speaker 4: It's just a family a kid, and the kid is possessed and the whole time I was just like, Wow, is this this good?
Speaker 3: I wish I had seen it in the theater, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was an honorable mention. Actually that might be my only honorable mention because I didn't watch enough movies.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I did catch it in the theater, and I was really curious about what you thought about it. I didn't know that until, of course, as we get ready to do Evil Dead, that he was. I think you may have mentioned that he was. He also did one of the Evil Dads. Because I don't really keep up with the directors and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. So I don't think I told you that Lee Cronan did one of the Evil Dead movies. I don't think I knew that.
Speaker 2: You said it when he did the one with the apartments, right, he was involved with that.
Speaker 1: I said that I could have swore you did, but either way to go, I thought it was a very interesting way to retell or reimagine the Mummy and as basically as someone possessed and.
Speaker 2: The things that he was having her do. So yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: There's definitely some good like.
Speaker 4: Oh the leg hard, Yeah, no, it's and it had that that fun camera work that the Evil Dead movies now are doing.
Speaker 3: Man, it's it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: That's why I was.
Speaker 4: Saying that I sent Jalen the wrong list because that was supposed to be my number five, even though Harresy is incredible, But so that would have took off what Harresy, Okay, and because because I started second guessing it because Harresy, even though I don't think there should be like a technical like time frame for a movie, but it's only like an hour long.
Speaker 3: But it's still a really good, really good movie. So Spike, you give your honorable mention.
Speaker 6: He was the first one.
Speaker 3: Yep, it was, Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The Furious since I forgot it, Yeah, that would be my honorable mention.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm surprised it wasn't, y'alls The Furious. The Furious is funnest. I don't know that I would call it like I wouldn't return to it.
Speaker 3: Is that a reviewer yet? Is it Patreon or so? Yeah? It's so yeah, yes.
Speaker 6: Mine, that's your only one.
Speaker 2: M H.
Speaker 3: I had twenty eight years later as an honorable mention. I'm not scared of Dick good.
Speaker 6: And and I love Boosters. I had that as an honorable mention too.
Speaker 3: That should be an honorable mention. Yeah, I don't remember if I liked it enough for a humble mention. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought it was because I actually wanted to go back and watch it and see what I missed if I missed like.
Speaker 3: Some messenging in it.
Speaker 5: Because I heard no not I not an inkling to talk about it, especially after listen to yall review too.
Speaker 3: No, I'm surprised. You're so anti's action movie.
Speaker 2: Action?
Speaker 3: Is it? Yes, it's like Kung Fu? Are you talking about I love boosters?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Frank, I did not like Iron Lung. I didn't get it. I didn't understand it. I didn't understand why there were so many people in there. And then when I left, I did some research and saw that it was part of some game community, and that's why.
Speaker 2: That was the all other thing. When I walked, I was like, what this is stupid? What is this? I don't understand anything, and.
Speaker 1: Then I saw it was part of a gaming community, and that's why I got so many high praise, high praises.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to get to it because I'm curious that in Exit eight, which is also based off a video game, I think that pops up this week. I think I did you You you would remember if you saw it, because I just watched the trailer and I was like, Oh, this looks fantastic, but I haven't got around to it.
Speaker 2: Oh No, I did watch. Yes, I did watch that yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Eight.
Speaker 2: That's when they stuck in that down. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Say that it's really really, really good.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: I see people talking about X Men ninety seven if we watched it, and I see comments, but yeah.
Speaker 4: We have.
Speaker 3: We we just reviewed it, so it'll be out this week.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Where are they? We're just asking if we've watched it?
Speaker 6: Is he have you watched it? Apocalys him? He said, he said he it was a bar.
Speaker 3: Oh that person has put that same comment like four times.
Speaker 7: Good and some other stuff something about he had bars in it, and he was kind of talking about that review.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, all right, Uh Doomsday trailer comic coming at Comic Con.
Speaker 2: Excited? Nah? Not really.
Speaker 1: I mean I see they're already shipping on the posters and everything. Avenger just related. I think that's kind of the in vogue thing to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's not real, though, right, is it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened. There was.
Speaker 3: Trash, but I assumed it was a I or some kind of you know. I think it's real. Oh, I think it's real. It looks pretty, it looks pretty bad. Yeah, but but I'm not going to judge the movie off of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah either, But but I'm sure we'll do a reaction to it. Jonathannanez on Patriots as we do our trailer reactions, we do one once a month. It's created about Aylen, so you'll definitely get our reactions because I'm sure we watch it. Jonathan Nandez have plot twist, hurt m night Shyamala.
Speaker 3: Yes, his career has plot twist killed like hurt his career. Yeah, I think so. How that's always that's what you always expecting one. But that's why you all need to finally realize he's not a good filmmaker. You don't think he got any good movies?
Speaker 4: No, really No, I think he's a one trick pony. And once that trick ran out, people started to realize, Oh, his movie suck, Like, oh did you watch that?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Yeah, her old was bad? Then when we review it was terrible? Which one did we review he got? Was it him with the concert? Oh? That was him? That was fu Oh.
Speaker 6: But what they're asking is the plot? Does the plots? Is the plots what ruins the movie?
Speaker 3: No? Because that's all he has.
Speaker 5: He tried too hard to make a plot twist, which takes away from the movie. He don't just make a good movie. It gotta be you gotta be this looming thing. Okay, what's really happening and what might happen.
Speaker 4: If you look at the rest of his uh, if you look at the rest of the movie that that that he does or whatever. They're not really compelling films. People are only watching them because they want to see if they can guess the end.
Speaker 3: But the movies themselves are not good.
Speaker 6: And the concert one was his daughter.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, he wanted to showcase his daughter, but the movie itself. Was asked, what you mean he was just daughter? He said, I don't want to speak for you. He made it right, not that he produced that one. I mean she produced that one, Believe I thought he. I thought I'm probably wrong.
Speaker 4: I thought I thought she was just in it or something too. I'm not sure his daughter was the one that was singing and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't think she. I didn't think she made the movie anyway, all right.
Speaker 1: Jonathan or Nanda's Top five Top five thus Far from Movies back Rooms five voicemails for Isabelle four, Michael three, let's go number two of the drama, number one without questioning the Furious, the Worst five Night Patrol, Touch Me Clicker, balls Up in Milania.
Speaker 3: Balls Up?
Speaker 2: Well, I think balls Up a Milania probably go together.
Speaker 3: Balls Up Millenia? What the Top five?
Speaker 2: It's probably the sequel.
Speaker 3: Why did he watch Millenia's Really that's what I want to know. Oh, that's the documentary she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's crazy that he.
Speaker 3: Called balls up. No, it should it should be No, I don't know what balls up is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of his many, many mini scams that he did against from the American people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're saying m Knight did Trap. You're thinking of the Watchers that she did, is what they're saying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but I.
Speaker 3: Don't remember that. I thought Watchers was better than Trap.
Speaker 2: Trap was God Watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's with Dakota Fanning. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, it wasn't terrible.
Speaker 1: Lions my top five movies I've enjoyed so far this year. Michael, we got some Michael fans in the field. People wouldn't.
Speaker 5: If I hadn't forgotten, I would have put it on mine that different would have made my list.
Speaker 2: Obsession. Send help, they will kill you and Masters of the Universe.
Speaker 3: Interesting, somebody else still pissed at you fuckers from not letting us do it. Scream seven going crazy though, Stream seven went crazy? Is how bad it was?
Speaker 2: The numbers running up scary movie?
Speaker 3: I knew what you meant, and I.
Speaker 4: Said the same ship but scary movies ass And I hate y'all that I haven't seen my man, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that good. But it's Thember is a good definitely right.
Speaker 3: I think it's the best performing one. He was good.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: They would kill you.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it? Have you watched yet?
Speaker 3: Might send help?
Speaker 2: They would kill you.
Speaker 6: He just said earlier that.
Speaker 3: You would have hanging out with Rod too long? Man, what it's on HBO.
Speaker 2: I'm the one that told you that I've watched it.
Speaker 6: Whole conversation.
Speaker 3: I had asked him, asked him. I think he was messing with his laptop because I do it all the time. Yeah so, but yeah, I'm just telling you that I had asked him and you just probably was doing We had a whole last conversation about it.
Speaker 2: To me, no more, you can't turn I get one right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did a little grace. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 4: I probably watch it tonight actually because it looks it looks really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally I can hear you all in process, but I don't know what happened film.
Speaker 6: I know I can't.
Speaker 1: Number five from a Good Luck Have Fund, Don't Die. Number four during the two Bali, I wanted to watch that. It's a Bollywood film. I think that was in the movie theaters, but they, Uh.
Speaker 2: But I think you've got to go, Pa, I think you got it. I think you can't.
Speaker 1: First of all, the movies beat extremely long, and then I don't think they were included as part of the premier thing for some of the ones I tried to go watch. Number three Back Rooms to the Furious, Number one Project Hell Mary for TV. Number five Devil May Cry season two I haven't watched yet. Four doesn't ranch. My father in law loves that. Three VOTs Mockina Uh season four two, Invincible season four, and number one Widows Bay.
Speaker 3: Bay Hold is strong for a lot of folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it, though.
Speaker 2: I gotta finish it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't, there's yeah, all right, moved on Docentos if it has at already been done A possible FBS Topic bracket for best Certified Hood Classic movies all genres that.
Speaker 3: Would be fun, that would be fun, really fun, but we have to make sure Nick can do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, bet.
Speaker 1: Area, if they want to escape my top five show so far, The Pit season two, Mall, Shadow Legacy, your Frizing Neighbors season two, Half Man and Widows Bay.
Speaker 3: What shadow legacy is that? Part two? It's a shadow lord.
Speaker 2: Let's stop.
Speaker 1: As Is has from jumped the shark with y'all like it did for me. Elga might be the worst written character ever.
Speaker 3: Spending much time with I ain't seen that he took his off, bro.
Speaker 2: He deserved it, and he's so fucking stupid.
Speaker 4: He when he showed the picture, I ain't no, no, no, I'm talking all from the second he took Fatima, I was like, what are you doing? But if you want to talk about horrible, horribly written characters, get Ellis the fuck out of here.
Speaker 3: If they don't kill Ellis, I swear I'm gonna stop watching. Like every character on their show written bad. To be honest with you, I like the way Donna's written, I like the way Jade is written.
Speaker 2: You like Fatima hell Fatima get on my nerves.
Speaker 4: Goddamn did like Fatima until recently the baby. Once she got pregnant, I was like, Fatima out of here too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this great devil baby I felt.
Speaker 5: Now answer to the question, I don't feel like this jumped to show. Just it just is what it is, Like we were saying earlier, Mike, it's just like you just gotta just this is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: And and you know, I've mentioned this on a recording we had before one of the shows, like it's it's getting out there.
Speaker 3: It's popular, and it's gonna be on Netflix too.
Speaker 2: It's the problem.
Speaker 4: People are picking up on it and now their voices are getting real loud and they're like giving it bad reviews and ship and it's like you just got here, please, It's like.
Speaker 3: Just relax. Not every show is going to give you answers effects at all.
Speaker 2: And this is one of those shows. Aeron f one Escapee.
Speaker 1: Is there a movie that you didn't realize had a sequel until years later? For me, as Thirty Days of Night and Starship Troopers?
Speaker 6: It is, but I can't think of what they are.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know they kept making them past two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they made a gang of those. Yeah, I just watched three.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: I didn't know sleep Away Camp had so many sequels until I was a bit older. I didn't know. I Spent on Your Grave had sequels I had not watched.
Speaker 4: But horror movies kind of tend to do that, Like you very rarely get a one off, they always got to make sequels. And yeah, yes, Thirty Days of Night has a sequel, shock Bite, and it's terrible, nowhere near as good as the first one. The first one is a classic.
Speaker 3: The sequel is not good. Ship did I know about to see? It's not good. It's really not good like it it's yeah, I'll just say that it's not good. The first one is so good that was scared of the ship out of you probally never seen it. Thirty Days a Night? Josh is it, Josh Hartnett?
Speaker 2: I think so. When I started trying to read some of the comics, I read a couple of.
Speaker 3: Issues Vampires in Antarctica, where.
Speaker 2: It's, yeah, it's so great concept.
Speaker 4: It is really a great concept, and the vampires are dope. They're not lame, like, they're fucking cool. They're not dressed all goth and talking about love and ship and have fucking red roses and nonsense.
Speaker 3: Like these motherfuckers are brutal. It's tight, but you probably would never sleep again, Spy Black Ross.
Speaker 1: Raisin Kannon has been entertaining so far the season as Spike, I know that new Little House on the Prairie will be on your any of the Year list.
Speaker 5: I'm not watching that ship. Uh not the Little House on the Praier. I hated that show when I was coming up. I don't know for what reason, but I hated it. But no, Raisin Kane has been good to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gotta catch up with that. I gotta catch up with Tommy Show Force.
Speaker 3: No, you ain't got to catch up with for us. You can just you just let it be. You ain't even got to watch the I have to watch the season too.
Speaker 2: No, you just let it go.
Speaker 3: You just leave wherever you left to, just.
Speaker 6: Just leave it.
Speaker 3: Yes, it ain't gonna get you ain't gonna get any resolution anything good from it.
Speaker 5: But no, Kane has been really good. That's probably the best. I just I just fell off from You ain't watched this last season.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch the last season. It's a new season out now. Yeah, there's two more episodes I think left in a series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I had intention on doing it.
Speaker 3: I just this last episode was really like they was back in eight season one bag.
Speaker 7: Like I hadn't I hadn't watched it after I guess what's the name came back unique?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hadn't. I hadn't seen what happened after that. And that's last season.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that was last season and I didn't watch that season. You really starting to get the shape of how they become the other characters and the other shows.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, I do want to watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did like it.
Speaker 6: I really did like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just got to complete it.
Speaker 1: Erica Kirby Rod Eminem came out at jay z concert last night. You're a jay Z fan, be honest, Eminem outrap jay Z on that song don't lie?
Speaker 2: Remember God is watching?
Speaker 6: Hmm seeing it live, I've never I think this is the first time they ever performed it live.
Speaker 3: And I kind of get it.
Speaker 6: I kind of get it now.
Speaker 7: The verse because I've always held on to what Jayson in the verse about black community, right, and like that's what made it worse.
Speaker 3: And then this white boy came and gentrified his song damn.
Speaker 7: But what em does on the song with with his vocals, and for him to do that live, Yeah, yeah he did it.
Speaker 3: It sounded like the record y'all performed them. I think from a technical standpoint, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: Technical part is there.
Speaker 3: I think jay had better bars to me, like, I just like JA verse better.
Speaker 5: I like especially the second you can say that, yeah, especially the second verse versus I had to hustle.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he did the second Did he do the second round?
Speaker 5: The hell it would because that's the best verse on the song, the second round. J second verse is the best verse on that song. Out rapped him. From a technical standpoint, if y'all want to put it that way, but the best words on that song.
Speaker 3: Are coming out of jay Z's doubt. Yes, doubt it. I resonate with the words more soul than what I've always said about the Really.
Speaker 4: What you've always said, you used to say jay Z did not get out rapped?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's not what you Yeah.
Speaker 7: And what I held on to was the lyrics, Like, I think the lyrics really resonated on that song. That's what I've always held on when it comes to the Renegade verse.
Speaker 3: Technical clean up man, that's what you are. No.
Speaker 6: No, But when you hear it live, they said, who performed it better?
Speaker 3: Is that what he asked? You performed it better? He said, who performed it better? I don't is that what he asked? Who?
Speaker 2: He said? Out wrapped erform better?
Speaker 6: That's how I took it. I took.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 6: I mean that's that's but No, it sounded great. It was sounded crazy.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 6: Man, man, it sounded like the record.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how did he not trip and.
Speaker 6: Stumble over that?
Speaker 3: Because he's Eminem?
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, I think people forget just how dope m was at some time at one point, just because he's put out so much, you know, yeah, subpar music, But nah, Eminem is that guy or was at least, Yeah, he was that guy in that moment.
Speaker 3: That's dope that he brought him out though, that's really cruel. I don't think they've ever performed that live anywhere. I feel like I've only seen him do the Verse, but it might have been with Royce still.
Speaker 6: Really it was Verse before.
Speaker 3: I'm almost positive that I've seen that, And this was before Ai existed, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him do it with Royce. Hopefully I'm not making that up.
Speaker 7: But anyway, the waves rapping that ship, I'm like, God, that is that is a really good verse.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, yeah, despite reading the lyrics, trying to convince himself.
Speaker 5: Verse, which one of those soldiers you have prefer to go seeing the clips? If seeing the clips, would you rather it have been there Thursday, Friday or tonight?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: I always wanted to go to the Reason with Doubts show the first night because I've never seen him perform REASONA without records, and that's my favorite Jay album.
Speaker 6: I've seen him perform.
Speaker 7: Blueprint Stuff three four times at this point, and so it just I knew it was gonna be pretty much the same.
Speaker 3: Did I know he's gonna bring out eminem because he's never.
Speaker 6: Done that before. But yeah, the first night Reason with that was just special.
Speaker 3: Did he do the whole album?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's done it before.
Speaker 3: A radio city, Ye, I say song, Yeah, being I say song.
Speaker 2: Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blige part on one of the Reasons with was probably signed together and.
Speaker 5: Blue Play feeling dare you blue Play Feeling it on the piano?
Speaker 6: That was really dope.
Speaker 3: Wow, that she was really playing it. Yeah, like you don't. You didn't know it was feeling it until certain notes she hit certain notes. That's cool.
Speaker 6: It was like this build up you gotta that was really No.
Speaker 3: I like reasonable doubt, so I would watch that it's it's it's really dope.
Speaker 7: I had Yeah at this point, all the headlines say what it is, but I can imagine being there in the moment not knowing what she's actually playing.
Speaker 3: That was cool, that's dope.
Speaker 5: And then last thing him and Nas, he about nads out but he rapped over like New York state of Mind, York state of Mind, but he rapped where I'm From lyrics, and then NAS rapped NAS rapped New York State of Mind lyrics over where I'm From beat. It was cool, but he just wanted to incorporate NAS in the show. No I get it, But what lyrics did NAS rap? Because his songs from New York, his New York state of Mind. I guess, I guess I'm saying the right name of the NOD song. Noa's got a song called New York State of Mind. When you said that, I was thinking, I got you, okay, And.
Speaker 7: He features nads on the hooks, Secret Society trying to get behind like.
Speaker 3: Like, so they did some that's dope mixed, that's really cool. Yeah, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, lions.
Speaker 1: I haven't watched many TV shows this year, but my favorite this year I've been Albert Elementary Eventsible and Raising Kanaan. I've watched the first couple of episodes of Abbat Elementary Man.
Speaker 3: Y'all keep.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but yeah, I'm good. Yeah, I'm good. Overhyp Yeah, So what's next?
Speaker 3: Ken?
Speaker 1: It's been a year and a half, sir, or you and Nick are gonna do the supernatural Patriot?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 3: Doubt it don't look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Uh, it's still in the works. It's still in the works. Did anyone watch The Death of Robin Hood? Like the first half more but thought it was okay overall. I wanted to watch it, but I couldn't get back to the movie theater.
Speaker 2: Mm hm. The poster art.
Speaker 3: Looks good, but the trailer doesn't look that bad either. But I agree with you if it came on streaming to watch it, the trailer not bad as you wait, is it. Hugh Jack Warri is a Russell Crowe. I get it's Russell Cruw. Is Russell really think?
Speaker 2: So? It probably is Russell. I don't know, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you. Jackman would do. Look, he got something else to do if he ain't doing Wolverine. He got the time.
Speaker 1: M hmm, moving on every if they want to escape, he one gotta go. Seventies film Tatsi, Driver, Clockwork, Orange, Alien, The Godfather Part too, My Godfather, Yes, sir Tatto.
Speaker 3: Driver ain't going nowhere. Alien ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 2: What was the other one?
Speaker 3: Clockwork?
Speaker 4: Orange ain't fucking going anywhere. So get Godfather and the Gods, Sons and all the other.
Speaker 2: Ones that get.
Speaker 5: You can take any one of them off. But Godfather, you ain't seen them. I've seen your Alien. You're right, I ain't seen clockwork Orange.
Speaker 3: See Why are you lying so you can take all a little off because you like aliens better than Alien? Have you seen The Godfather too? I do like aliens more than alien, And.
Speaker 6: You still think you should take god absolutely?
Speaker 3: Damn have you seen question?
Speaker 2: I know it does have you.
Speaker 6: I'm taking off.
Speaker 7: I'm taking off Alien because I heard good things about I haven't seen clockwork on it, but I heard good things about it on Taxi Driver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's on the Alien.
Speaker 4: If I had the Alien the First Stalker or Slasher Movie in space, you're like, they can go.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I like Aliens better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Godfather Part two crazy, that's the best one of the series. That don't much to me? Oh what, Ken don't want to answer.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: Say it.
Speaker 3: You're taking Godfather off to No he's not. Oh yeah, damn house Ruth more than good. What didn't you with Alien?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Shut your ass upthing. I'm kidding, not shut your ass up in Yeah, get Clockwork once out of the Have you a watch? Why do you keep doing that? Have ill ever answer god Man?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, I'm looking at Godfather to.
Speaker 3: Yep, look at it, go mm hmmmm.
Speaker 2: Or a Tasti driver.
Speaker 3: No, that's actually a fair debate. You haven't seen Clockwork, Orange dude? Did we had the review for mohalland Drive. It is not. No, it's not, it's not.
Speaker 5: Okay, then we do cubrit Yes, it's Kubrick, but Cubert didn't do didn't we do Holland Drive?
Speaker 3: Did we do a cuber movie Taxi Driver? Outside of that, I don't know that we've done any Kubrick movies. I thought we did, Okay, I don't think so. I thought it was due to did mohalland Drive No Wrong.
Speaker 2: I think I'll go with Taxi Driver. Mhmm uh. Have y'all ever watched How to Make It in America?
Speaker 3: No Fire? Okay, it's a series on HBO that ended too quick? Taxi Driver scorsesey. I don't know. I did the same thing last time we reviewed it. Kubrick. I always do that. I always do that.
Speaker 2: You have none of y'all my life making him McDonald's and ship like that. Maybe I haven't seen.
Speaker 5: No, it isn't new, it's old. It's about this kid in New York just trying to he got He's an entrepreneur. He's trying to make it. It's like Entourage on the East Coast. Oh, then no, I have no watch good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool?
Speaker 2: What's the next one? We're almost through these? What's the movie you think should be more popular than it is for me?
Speaker 1: It's Mars Express and awesome French animated sci fi movie that's Blade Run and goes to the Shell inspired. Oh, I might have to check that out. What is it called it's Mars Express more popular than what it is. That's a good question, because I don't know how to answer that question.
Speaker 3: That could be a what you one call it a discussion the conversation.
Speaker 7: That could be yeah, yeah, we might have to table that one. Oh yeah, Congo, I like that, Congo to kind of think about it.
Speaker 2: Presto.
Speaker 1: Did anyone ever see Event Horizon back in the nineties? Would you be interested in a remake if it wasn't heavy?
Speaker 3: Cgi?
Speaker 2: I believe I have watched that movie before. Let me see, I don't want a lot of y'all.
Speaker 3: Oh with the l Yes, what movies is.
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 1: I think I remember that horror. Yeah, I'd be definitely down for a remake. When this joint, they probably probably could do something.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, that ship would be dope Horizon.
Speaker 3: Why don't I remember that movie? Remember this dude in it? No, he looks tight, he looks like the dude in Bone Temple.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it the same? It might be and that dude's kind of old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that would be dope.
Speaker 3: Presto. If they did it, I'm about to go a horse.
Speaker 7: Uh and definite Robinhood was Hugh Jackmany.
Speaker 3: I get those motherfuckers mixed up all day long.
Speaker 1: Every fifty one escaping what's the crewise thoughts on a session being too overhyped. I feel like people saying it's the best horror movie ever don't watch a lot of horror.
Speaker 3: I agree with every word.
Speaker 1: This person just typed out, it's bothered. It's starting to bother me every time I look up. It's something about fucking obsession. Like, okay, guys, let that bother you like it was good because they're just it was good, but it's not all of the things that they're making it out to be.
Speaker 3: I let that stuff like, I mean, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna change how I feel about the movie. But I just feel like a lot of these people, I'm that second sentence people.
Speaker 6: I mean, people have different levels of excitement.
Speaker 7: I think, like because like I said, I didn't expect to enjoy the movie the way I did, and it was.
Speaker 6: It was a fun time.
Speaker 2: It's leading into overrated territory.
Speaker 4: It's already in overrated territory because of like Ken just said, it's that second sentenced, the part about people saying it's the best one of the you know, the best horror movie of all time. That's just ridiculous, and I feel like putting people in the place type of thing. Well, I don't have to because I don't care that much. Like I'm not gonna argue with somebody about something like that. But yeah, it's the same type of shit.
Speaker 3: Like when people were saying, you know, Hereditary is the best horror movie of the last ten years, it's like, Okay, relax, you probably don't watch a lot of horror movies, and that's all right, but Hereditary is amazing. Obsession is a great movie.
Speaker 4: I don't think anything can be taken away from the accomplishment of Posession.
Speaker 3: But acting like it's the most amazing horror movie of all time, it's just like, all right, man, that's that's your opinion. You're welcome to it. But if you say that.
Speaker 4: I liked Obsession, but I don't think it's the best movie ever made, people get mad.
Speaker 3: And you're like, what what are you talking about? All right, bro, I didn't even looked at my phone. I bet you. I pick up my phone right now. There's people in there complain.
Speaker 2: I think they have more sense than that.
Speaker 3: Fan. Oh really sounds like, hey see, stupid Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, you say something, there's gonna be someone with a dumb ass response.
Speaker 6: Bias.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's recency bias all the way. I think that people are just really impressed with what this dude did, and I am too. I think it's amazing. I think it's amazing what he accomplished.
Speaker 6: I was impressed with the actor.
Speaker 2: She killed it, killed it, and overall, I like the attention.
Speaker 1: I think that we can get some new interesting ideas into movie making from these young guys and from people on YouTube.
Speaker 2: I'm all here for it. So I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna shop on it just because I think people are going overboard. But yeah, they and at some point it'll slow down, but we're about to go through a whole other way for people to I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: When it hits streaming facts.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: It already hit streaming right. Oh you got a place like this week free streaming different. I think you're gonna hear a second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm interesting how this goes. I'm really interested.
Speaker 6: It's good. It's entertained as hell.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's just not one of the best horror movies of all time. No, no, it's just the most profitable, which is awesome. Good for that.
Speaker 2: Good for that, guy, Teddy Burkins.
Speaker 1: What's your most anticipated horror shows for twenty slash twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Twenty seven?
Speaker 3: I don't know about shows me either.
Speaker 6: Horror what what horror shows are there?
Speaker 3: From?
Speaker 2: From a horror show? Yeah, they slashing People's throw.
Speaker 3: Widow Bay is a horror show. They do a lot of horror shows. They're just they're not always great.
Speaker 2: God, Yeah, I don't know of show.
Speaker 3: It was about a vampire. I thought it was like it was like a horror drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to see. They got Crystal Lake. It's supposed to be one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That's a twenty four, isn't it. I don't know they are, but.
Speaker 1: Printal Lake, Carrie and Stranger Things, which I haven't watched. That are three that popped up when I did it in Google. Yeah, they got that animation you know anybody I haven't watched.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't even you know, they can't think I'm good, but that Crystal Lake. They're not gonna be able to use Jason. They had a license. Shut up it was a podcast I.
Speaker 3: Was listening to what What, So, what's it gonna be about? Just the campers? They try and they're doing workarounds around it, but you can't work around Jason. They ain't mentioning him the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe they're gonna maybe it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: A surprised maybe.
Speaker 5: But the podcast house listening too, said that the company that is doing is a twenty four. They don't have the license and whoever owns the Jason licensing still has well, the whole Docky mass thing like all of that's like, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know people here, I mean, who knows that they're right?
Speaker 4: People are saying it's a prequel so it's about his mother, But I still don't need to I don't need to see that then because we know why his mom went crazy, So why do you need to make a whole show about that?
Speaker 2: That sounds bad, huge bad with names.
Speaker 1: What's a movie or show that helped you get through a tough time in your life? For me, it was mister Robot Buffy. Yeah, I don't think I had one, Mister jobs.
Speaker 6: You get through tough.
Speaker 3: Like a comfort show? Maybe? Yeah, anything on order the regular version.
Speaker 2: You said anything.
Speaker 3: Doom Do Do Do Do Doo. You can always watch Bro, especially the regular. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think I told this story here before, but when I moved here from Florida, I was homesick. So I watched a lot of Martin and Jamie Fox Show, and that really got me through the home sickness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just kept me laughing, like I would.
Speaker 6: Just watch a lot of Martin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one, and Jamie Fox Show.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 7: It was one more black show watch. But those are the two that stand out. No, those were the two that stood out for me that got me through. It might have been Fresh Prince or something, but yeah, definitely Martin and.
Speaker 6: And Jamie Fox Show.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Negro favorite comfort shows to watch besides Martin or Fresh Prince, Damn, that was next to The.
Speaker 2: Wants.
Speaker 6: Another comfort show, I got one.
Speaker 3: I hate to say it, but it's true Cosby show. Yeah, that was definitely a comfort show. Honestly, I don't mind rapist.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 2: I do know.
Speaker 7: It showed the show itself, showed us in a different light. But it was such a real like. It was a real black like. Even though I didn't have.
Speaker 6: Like those type of parents.
Speaker 3: It was a black excellent.
Speaker 6: It was still relatable. The kids were still relatable.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, absolutely, it was like they were absolutely they were they were accomplished.
Speaker 6: Uh what am I trying to say?
Speaker 3: Black professionalsfessionals, but they still were black, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, it's just it don't matter if they're accomplishing that you still treat your.
Speaker 6: Kids in the same way.
Speaker 4: And it was damn Sill made stupid mistakes like we would have made. That was damned in the Perfect TV show.
Speaker 3: It really was was damn.
Speaker 4: Especially the episode where Bill Cosby was putting rugs inside the barbecue sauce and everybody was hooking up mine.
Speaker 3: Mine is Denise with the big Denise Big Fun going to Baltimore. Oh my god, god fuck fun.
Speaker 5: And when uh Sandra got sick and Claire took the babies and she starts sand to start going crazy and Bill just sitting in the back.
Speaker 3: Now if you ever get time to look it up, and she was like, I'm nay, mother, you my mother. Don't you go no further mother. It was like I don't remember that one tok bad to Claire.
Speaker 5: One of a few times in history. Uh, my favorite is any like old sitcom comfort shows. Three's Company, Yeah, Three's Companies Mine really good for me. Mama's family married with children, saf and the son especially, that's a good one half and the son is a really good comfort.
Speaker 3: I love, I'm kind of, I'm kind of with you. Something is good. But it was never that show that I had to watch.
Speaker 8: I love.
Speaker 4: I used to watch Three's Company and I I could never figure out even as a young kid, No, I liked it, but it was always just like I never really understood why people liked Chrissy so much. I thought was to me it was the blonde one she was in summers. No everybody, but no one said anything about Janet. And even as a kid, I was always likes the fine one.
Speaker 3: What y'all doing?
Speaker 4: Because she was weren't popular, but no, three three Companies and Jeff Jefferson, Yeah, I like a man, though a little more than Jeffersons, which was crazy.
Speaker 6: But it was good to somebody mentioned office. The office was really good.
Speaker 2: It is s files or alf alf.
Speaker 3: I used to love love. I had the doll and everything. What do I still have mine?
Speaker 4: If you still know how much those things are work, dude, if you ever find an ALFF like an original.
Speaker 3: You are set.
Speaker 4: You don't need that bullshit ass Trump account. You put that ALF account in Dom's name. Bro, those things are worth a lot of money. But I did love ALF. The only thing I hated about ALF was the way it end on that cliffhanger. Yes, even though they did fix it later, but I never forgave them as a kid, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was so upset Public Enemy B.
Speaker 1: Culinary class was probably my favorite TV show this year, but it was Korean cooking competition show.
Speaker 3: I might check that out. What's the name of it.
Speaker 2: Somebody said they're surprised you didn't have any culinary class.
Speaker 5: I should have put my cookie shoulder turned the champions Culinary Classics class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mike, what was your overall thoughts on the last season of Paradise since she wasn't on the last review or you hopeful season three?
Speaker 6: I don't think you were.
Speaker 3: Oh it was, it was good.
Speaker 4: I think that show for me, I just I don't hold it in high regard as everybody else. I do really like it, but yeah, it's it's it's cool. It just feels like a regular ass show to me. I thought I was, but I guess I was.
Speaker 3: Horse thing. I don't think Mike was on the last one. He was on a couple of Was that related to the airport? Yeah, I'm pretty sure, unless that we were just talking about it off camera. Maybe I don't remember, but either way, yeah, it was. It was good.
Speaker 4: Paradise is a good show man anything with my boy Randall, I'm gonna watch it. I don't give a fun what it is. It could be a romantic comedy. I'm watching Randall and his crusty lips.
Speaker 3: Anything he got to say. I'm listening, bro, I love sterling Man. He's I really hope nothing comes out bad about him. What'd you say?
Speaker 6: None of his shows? None of his stuff major top stuff.
Speaker 2: Did he he was?
Speaker 3: Oh this guy is? Was an autible mention or should have been Paradise. I don't think paralyse. It's that type of show. It's just a regular show.
Speaker 1: It is for me Man Alexander four, number five, dead Man's Wire, number four, They would Kill You, Number three, no other choice.
Speaker 2: Number two as God is number one. The drama.
Speaker 3: I'm sleep I slept on the drama. Drama should have been on my list too.
Speaker 2: I've debated it.
Speaker 3: I forgot about it.
Speaker 1: But I felt like I wanted to rewatch it first, but I remember it being one of my best shows.
Speaker 2: I think I'm with you. I think I probably should have put it on there.
Speaker 1: Cruel philosopher Matthews, whoop, be all behind today, Not y'all.
Speaker 2: It's just me.
Speaker 3: No, it's all of us. It don't matter.
Speaker 1: And last one, ken of Mike, did you guys ever end up watching good Boy dog horror movie?
Speaker 2: It's not bad and not what you think is that the one way he had that guy in the dog.
Speaker 3: Costume on all fours? No, no, no, no. Good Boy was a real Oh.
Speaker 2: We talked about that before. Yeah, we talked about the before.
Speaker 3: I didn't care for it.
Speaker 4: I've already mean even I just I don't like movies or shows centered around animals like that, because, like I said, that dog don't know it's a movie.
Speaker 3: I don't give a fuck with none of y'all say, oh, it's the director's dog. Don't care if you have to scare a dog, you don't say, hey, Skippy, act scared. No, you have to scare the fucking dog. So I'm not. I'm not. I'm not in the shit like that. And I only watched it because one of my coworkers was like, no, there's nothing like that.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I cussed him out the next day. I was like, man, he was scaring this poor dog the whole fucking movie.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about them actually scaring the dog part until you and I had that discussion about it.
Speaker 2: There's another one called good Boy, where.
Speaker 1: This this guy has somebody held hostage and he has him in a dog costume and he's making them walk around and actually act like a dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's some foreign like it's some foreign film and uh.
Speaker 1: And no, mister Towns, I have not watched my fault film series on Prime video, but I will check it out.
Speaker 2: And that is it. Rob.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching porn. I don't watch porn. But that was a weird movie because I thought it was. I was like, I picked the wrong whatever I wrong. Good Boys, but we're done any other clothes and thoughts. Boys, get out of here.
Speaker 3: That's motherfucker really talking about.
Speaker 4: You got to watch the in Crest and they show how they filmed it and they didn't scare the dog. How the hell the dog looks scared? The dog really is an actor, y'all, I need to watch the credits. No, I don't need to watch them because there's no way they didn't scare the damn dog because the dog looks scared.
Speaker 3: There those a thing as a dog actor. Like, what are we seriously talking about right now?
Speaker 6: You got dog trainers that can do so, they.
Speaker 3: Can train a dog how to be scared?
Speaker 6: Sure, they probably can't.
Speaker 3: They can't speak English. You can't tell the dog hey maned.
Speaker 6: But you can tell dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rollover is an action. Being scared is an emotion you have, Like, look scared, skippy. I thought you could tell like a dog to like think about how how looking scared is?
Speaker 6: I haven't seen the movies.
Speaker 3: None, you don't have to see the movie.
Speaker 4: Think about if you saw a dog, If you saw a dog right now, the dog looks scared.
Speaker 3: You know what that looks like? Yes, how do you train to talk to do that? How do you train a.
Speaker 2: Dog to look scared? That dog?
Speaker 3: The dog been to acting class. I love y'all man, this motherfucker you can trade dogs? Did anybody in this room? I think I was saying that you can't train a fucking dog.
Speaker 4: I swear y'all's comments are hilarious man, I love y'all all right man.
Speaker 1: YO, Like we are about to hop off and go record Evil Dead Burn. Make sure you guys checked out. It would be dropping later this week. Show that we are out peace.
Speaker 3: First of y'all learned to speak dog, then you can teach um.
Speaker 2: I love y'all.
Speaker 3: Y'all stupid