Speaker 1: The Frames Per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast, where we are reviewing episode six through ten of the HBO series The Pit. All right, we are ten episodes, Zen Fellas, I will go around. I have Mike, Rod and Ken here with me, and we'll go around the room and see where everybody's at with the series before we dive into the episodes.
Speaker 1: Mike, I heard a deep side. Where are you at with it?
Speaker 3: Oh? This is the best shit on TV? I look forward to this every week and I hate week to week. I cannot miss this every single week.
Speaker 1: Your weekly? Huh? We weekly with the Pit? Absolutely every Thursday night? You know, Ron Match every Thursday night? Rod? Where are you at with it?
Speaker 4: I don't follow it weekly?
Speaker 5: But no, I agree it is. It is a really good show. I don't think it's the best show right now.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll talk about it when we review it, but yeah, good though it is, it's good.
Speaker 1: I get the weekly sentiment. I feel like.
Speaker 6: Bi weekly would be better for me just to have two episodes just in case the one I just watched so good. But I could definitely watch it weekly because I think most of the episodes are relatively contained a singular as they kind of leave it with just enough of a cliffhanger to where you were like, oh my god, I can't wait. Except what they did with my man Louis.
Speaker 1: Don't get into that, bro. But it's just racist.
Speaker 6: But but but I did regret not watching it more frequently instead of waiting to watch like all five. Yeah, I regret because because I had to basically kind of because that's five hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then when you get to the end of episode five, do you wish it was another one of you like satisfied.
Speaker 6: But not after not after episode ten? Yeah, I was. I was. I was good on that one. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: That was a lot to process. Yeah, I'm the same. I'm Mike.
Speaker 6: I think this is the woman giving them the morphine and stuff can Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: She's still Yeah, she ain't dead yet. Yeah, damn god. I'm with Mike. I think this is Paradise.
Speaker 2: Season one may have been in conversation for the best show on TV, but this season. We'll get into that in a Paradise review. But week the week, like I got, I watched the PID every Thursday night. It's like it's just I feels like it's just musty TV like for the old days. Just like you sitting down on Thursday, you know what to expect. They give it to you every week, and it's just they nailing it. Like it's I don't think they do too much wrong.
Speaker 1: Said they nailing it. That's what she said to you. That's fucked up.
Speaker 6: Bro, You're said guilty every week.
Speaker 1: That's a shame. That's gonna sound like a compliment.
Speaker 2: Can let's get into episode six. In episode six, we start with Louis taking a turn for the worst.
Speaker 1: Mike, you said that was racist. It wasn't really racist.
Speaker 3: But they didn't have to do him like that, Like they could just let him die in peace. We didn't have to see this motherfucker spitting up blood and they going into his neck and all that. They didn't need to do all that. Louis was my favorite patient. They did not have to do that. That was unfucking necessary.
Speaker 1: They did a lot. It was good though, but it was unnecessary. It really hurt my feelings. Woo to me.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't view it as unnecessary.
Speaker 5: I viewed it as like, I mean, obviously everyone in there was attached to him, so they were trying everything that they in their power to try to revive him and keep him alive.
Speaker 4: I think that's how I took it.
Speaker 1: I know they were trying to keep him alive.
Speaker 2: Were building the stakes. I see what you're saying, right, they were building the stakes. They wanted it to us to be investing in it, like, oh, I hope he saves.
Speaker 1: Him for your mockers were for me, dumb as hell. Think I think they were trying to say. That's why. The way I took it was he was dying and they were trying to save him the way you just explained.
Speaker 6: The way you explained it, it was unnecessary to show all that, but I'm saying it's necessary.
Speaker 1: Cool. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I know you got it, Are you sure? You know? I know you know. But they said it was.
Speaker 3: Just like damn bro, like he was the most beloved guy here, and he him dying was sad enough. But when they fucking had him coughing up, like the blood and all that overs and I think they went into his neck, didn't they put something when they put the thing in his neck and they had the blood square and then they fucking had to add insult to injury and after the motherfucker's dad they do a close up off his dad ass faced with blood.
Speaker 1: I was like, Bro, come on this, Louie, this is Louie.
Speaker 5: What's crazy is that y'all just said that on the last one that they're setting us up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they also set themself for Langdon and Robbie to be working hand in hand with each other.
Speaker 4: They yeah, No, I don't think Robbie still just like.
Speaker 1: He's not fucking with no man. So sad? Is this sad? Though? I think Mike made a good point on the last one.
Speaker 5: Bro, this is his first day, but I'm still if first day out first, it's.
Speaker 1: His first day back.
Speaker 2: I feel like what Mike was saying on the last review, like Robbie is still processing, Like, bro, one you're not using processing ship.
Speaker 1: The process.
Speaker 5: He was like, he like, one, Bro, you're not even supposed to be here, so you wouldn't even be here when I was here, and now you're trying to talk to me and get this ship off your chest, Like nah, fuck, that.
Speaker 1: Ain't supposed to be up front and some of them brought your eyes back.
Speaker 5: He was like, I don't even know if I want you in my He said, I don't want you in He said, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: He said, I'm not sure if I want you in my He was like, I respect with your your recovery and all that, but I ain't sure if I want you here.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm sure, just saying I'm not damn. It was inflection for me.
Speaker 6: It sounds like I don't want you know. He said, he's so good man.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 3: I've never seen him in anything else, but whoever plays doctor Robbie is too good.
Speaker 4: He's too good.
Speaker 5: Can what you think about Robbie? And is he being too tough on him?
Speaker 6: I think that they're in a unique situation. So are we talking about the conversation they had like.
Speaker 1: They went to Ruth? Just jumping around a little bit, all right.
Speaker 2: The reason I'm jumping to it because they would put it together in this episode trying to save louis right, and he was even skeptical build.
Speaker 6: Up to that conversation on the roof. I like the fact that Langdon was like, Bro, I'm gonna just come.
Speaker 1: Out and say it.
Speaker 6: You know, Robbie been walking around trying to avoid him for now.
Speaker 1: We're what.
Speaker 6: Sit seven hours, eight hours into the shift, and you know, he just wanted to go ahead and just put it out there. And Robbie, we've been seeing, have been overhearing, observing watching the response by a lot of other people that are more forgiving and accepting. And he did acknowledge that he's happy for his recovery. But I think for him is a little bit more personal. It's not that he can't do the job. It's still very very personal for him. He's gotten over that. Yeah, yeah, and that's where he's at with it.
Speaker 1: So but you know, I think he'll get there eventually.
Speaker 2: I don't know, before you leave, I don't think. I think he just like ready to walk out the door. Also at episode six, what I noticed is we're spending a lot more time with the charge.
Speaker 1: No Dana, do y'all like that? This is I love her. She the heart of the show, man.
Speaker 5: I think I said that last time before they start putting so much emphasis on this this time ago, bro, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's absolutely the heart of the show.
Speaker 5: Like that's why when she came back, I was like, oh man, I'm glad y'all brought her back because that would have been a horrible decision to actually have her leave.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's managing a lot of relationships. You know, her experience seeing and witnessing a lot of changes institutionally, organizationally, just in the professionally, she understands the value of like this sort of network and camaraderie and family that that working there has because at times they do have to lean on each other because of the emotional like pramol and you know, the highs and lows that they go through. Like losing Louie was huge because he was family to them, and it's weird sort of way, not like they were used to him. He was a recurring customer that came over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: So they took that pretty hard.
Speaker 6: Because we're a year later, right, so even for the R ones or R twos or whatever they were that were there last year, a year later, they're used.
Speaker 1: To him by now.
Speaker 6: And using Louie almost as a way to going back to the landing thing to you know, kind of show how Robbie when they told, when they told Louie's story, how he didn't have a support system with Langdon does and the value of that, And I think that could also be used to kind of get him to turn around because oh, she was listening to that conversation and she was talking to you. She like, yeah, you heard that right. So I think that to Rod's point her being the heart of the episode, you see it a lot in these that fot the previous file that we just watched her value to the hospital and you know the amount of care that she has just we'll get to it in the episodes that she was really really a singular focus on what she was doing with other patients.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she's she's dope. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love that they are taking time with her to walk through damn near with each character and like go through the relationship and what they're going through. Like she's almost like yeah, like exactly, she's like a therapist down there. We are in episode six. It doesn't seem as if there's as much chaos at this point in the season.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because the other season it's just shut down.
Speaker 2: But they really ain't getting a lot of like is it as the activity compared to last season?
Speaker 1: Do y'all think it's it adds up once the once theber attack stuff happens, Yes, but not in this episode. So remember what happened.
Speaker 2: What happens in six is essentially Louis dies and they go through the thing, and then they go through with him clean.
Speaker 1: They're cleaning his body.
Speaker 2: They spend our time cleaning his body, and they had to rememberance off and that's essentially what episode six is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said, man, but did you want to expound on that before?
Speaker 1: I say, what, I just.
Speaker 6: Cleaning the body? I man, They're They're giving me so much insight into the smaller details of things that we don't even think about. And I think that was part of why they showed like all of the blood and stuff like that. One is, of course, is a very real thing, and two I think they wanted us, like as viewers to also kind of feel it as well, like what they were probably going through seeing that same shit as you know with with Louis, because on the show, they're supposed to have known them way more than we did. And it I was like, man, they can't do Louis like this. Bro, Like they're gonna say, I'm thinking this is like a show. I was like, they're gonna save him. But he said, Mike, I'm like, but this ain't the show.
Speaker 2: Like he's the only expendable character. I feel like, what, No, I don't hear with that either. You think they can kill a main character from this well, not a doctor. But when you say expendable, like.
Speaker 1: I meant one of the doctors, but you're saying doctors could get it. Absolutely, absolutely they could.
Speaker 6: But you know, in terms of a patient, you know, Louis was the guy that we've seen, that we've known, and that's why you know we're seeing his death. We're like ship for real, y'all gonna take him off the board, but that is the show. So then to see them having to go in and clean him like that, bro, and I swear to god when that motherfucker breathed.
Speaker 1: Oh that got me too.
Speaker 5: So that's crazy because you hear about people when they did they still be flinching and ship. Yeah, like the nerves or whatever. But like, I wanted to touch on two things. So the other thing I want to touch about the details that you're talking about when they pulled the hand out of it, just so the love was can grab their hand like all of that ship be intentional, like they wrap his body well, but then they leave that one hand out for people to to grab it to console and then as far as somebody being expendable ship. They opened up this show with the one guy contemplating suicide right he was, he was on the he was on the roof and and and Robbie had to kind of talk him off the ledge. He had a really rough day. They started off the off the show and remember that, Yeah, it's the it's the guy that he's also.
Speaker 2: Like the guy that was doing the day Ship. He's Robbie's in the day Ship. Yeah, I got questions about him later to yeah, he's.
Speaker 4: On the show's the show he was dressing.
Speaker 3: Shot shot that guy because I need to rewatch season one.
Speaker 1: I don't remember him trying to kill him.
Speaker 2: Thinking about started off with Robbie because his ship was ending, because he's Robbie's his ship was ending.
Speaker 1: Robbie's was the beginning.
Speaker 2: And Robbie found him on the roof and he was looking over the roof and like they gave the impression that he was thinking about jumping, and Robbie kind of like they have this relationship where Robbie didn't want to say it, but he kind of talked around it to get him off the ledge.
Speaker 1: I had to go back and watch it. It's the first episode.
Speaker 3: I remember them on the roof. I don't remember him. I don't remember getting the impression.
Speaker 1: He was going to kill himself. They alluded to it.
Speaker 5: It wasn't Yeah, it wasn't like explicit, but he did allude like no.
Speaker 2: Also in this episode, we talked a little bit about the cancer patient. Do y'all think at this point that there's any reason that she doesn't want to go home? I know we find out later burden, Yeah, that's it. Yeah, but when you were first seeing it, did you suspect something like maybe the husband.
Speaker 3: Nope, I got that the second they showed her. I said, she doesn't want to go home because she feels like a burden. Because you could.
Speaker 1: Tell the husband loves her, and you know, you can tell that he'll do anything for her, but he's basically pausing his life while she's just slowly dying. He had a line to say he's losing his life. That was yeah. I mean, that's that's a lot. Did y'all did y'all think anything different?
Speaker 6: You thought she was her husband? She I thought something was weird. I thought it was something. It was a weird vibe.
Speaker 2: Try to make it seem like Yeah, it didn't come off to me at first like Burdeny.
Speaker 1: It came up to me. It's like, I don't want to go home.
Speaker 4: I want to deal with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you. You never got that. Yeah, but they were clearing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they cleared I was probably just watching too much television that has a lot of that ship in.
Speaker 5: It, watching this show because they did that with another husband. It wasn't true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched My Tyler Perry. It was Tyler parent. That motherfucker definitely bruises like it wouldn't really be.
Speaker 5: Also, in this episode, they kept kind of hitting its sad tost, falling off, slipping a little bit of y'all still like I like you.
Speaker 6: She hasn't had sleep. I think that's why she's struggling to sleep forever. Really, I think I think that's it. That's what they alluding to behind all charts. I think they're they're saying that she just.
Speaker 5: Blacks sleep mm hmmm, because I think it's just charging that she is off on well, no, she was. It was a couple of times they went to her and she didn't know what to say, Like as they were doing the pre patient thing like that, they were making it obvious that she was off her game.
Speaker 3: She's preoccupied yea, And I think we find out I camera it was this episode of the next one. But we find out that she's working around with that other doctor, which that was weird.
Speaker 4: The surgeon. She's a surgeon.
Speaker 1: I did not realize that was two different people, the surgeon and the adopted that had I am, am, I am.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna they look like looking like but look, they look alike.
Speaker 1: Confused the mischaracter.
Speaker 3: Never because they have the same personality too. They're both real like Stern. They don't have any emotion. So for the I was like, wait, that's two different people.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad Santo's getting her fucking feelings hurt. I don't want to hear nothing from her stupid ass, her big chin. She's got on my fucking nerves. Bro Oh, I hate her to be looking at my boy langdon.
Speaker 1: Nah. She thinks she was right there.
Speaker 3: I think she's in the right. She is in the right, sure, but she ain't supposed to be hold like that.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 3: He didn't He's he paid his debt. She has no reason to treat him like that. He's a better doctor than she is. She's not even a doctor's man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are two r too.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Take Sentos is talented. They should.
Speaker 6: She She came through a couple of times behind the scenes with with with with the Doctor.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she came through out. But even she told her, look, I don't want to hear none of this ship. You want to the bed eating ram and cool anytime you talk, get the fuck out my face.
Speaker 4: Her bedside a horrible, horrible, she's terrible.
Speaker 1: Speaking of her bedside manner, nasty. I didn't the lady did? Was death? Just right? Now? What was wrong with because that's a lot? Sorry, you got it?
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you, if you, if you meet deaf people, that's a lot to continuously writing frustrated. Now, why they didn't have her just type it into a phone and do speak or whatever, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But that's probably just for the show. Got okay? Would you mean thinking about all the ship you've said?
Speaker 5: You're right, because just writing it down don't even relate the remote emotions apt and they when they signed, they can't do that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: She was even nasty to her, like she's death. Yeah, God, damn, I hate her. Oh I hate her, and she died, I'd be like, oh.
Speaker 6: Cool, that lady was so annoyed she was and frustrated she already had to wait forever, and that her name being called wait forever up. Yeah it was real, but that was fucked up they put that in the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, I didn't realize she was deaf. You think she was doing gang signs right.
Speaker 2: Episode seven, we have the sexual assault victim and we spend more time with Dana there. They're just doing a really good job of putting her in positions where we see that she knows what the fuck she is doing, like she is the expert under Robbie. I feel like at this hospital, this is a new girl. No, even with her training, Dana Train just.
Speaker 5: Said with the herd thet show for her name is Dana.
Speaker 1: I love coming off the thing.
Speaker 2: What they're doing well with the cleaning the body and her training all season, just keeping the girl on game, and then even with this with the sexual assault and how they took their time with it, and then she was like, well even when chaos broke, she was like, well, I gotta fish fish like it ate no stops started.
Speaker 1: I think that was so good. What did you think about it?
Speaker 3: I thought this scene was incredible and it definitely you know, you you hear about what rape victims go through when they actually do report, but seeing it like this, every detail, you know, I gotta swab this, I gotta go up in your stuff and do this, and I gotta you know, all of this stuff that they have to go through.
Speaker 5: Started before you even do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're teaching somebody this. It's more so I'm looking at it like and men still are just like, oh bitches lie a by being raped.
Speaker 3: It's like, bro, you you're going to go to the hospital and be there for three hours having somebody stick fucking swabs up in your you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It was just it was a lot to watch.
Speaker 3: But it definitely also makes me think that, like, I almost wish they would have saved her getting punched in the eye intil this season, because I liked her first season, but I love her this season, so her getting popped in the eye and potentially not coming back, I think would have been a lot harder hitting if they.
Speaker 1: Did it this season. But it's not. It's a small little thing.
Speaker 5: But either way, this was this was this was good ship and they kind of revisited that trigger with the guy grabbed the lady's arm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't even think about that. She was very just there.
Speaker 3: I thought that was just Dana being Danna. But I didn't even think about back to getting popped.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what I related to, even like the detail of of the victim being unsure if she wanted to go through with it, like trying to justify.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he's a friend.
Speaker 5: Like just those little details that they put in this show is really really good man. It's it's so believable, so believable, and it just really makes you think, like you said, like the things that people go through, and like why would they want to lie about something like that if they know they got to go.
Speaker 4: Through those type of procedures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a lot.
Speaker 6: To watch two process to put yourself to basically be in the room thinking about like at the time or whenever you watch that, somebody's probably in the room right now, you know, going through something very similar. The amount of care, their concern, empathy that Dana was showing.
Speaker 1: She was the perfect person to be there having to go through that.
Speaker 6: You saw the emotional weight of it after when she just started crying whether we can infer she's been a victim or just treating the number of victims just got to her. You know, it could be either one and both works, you know, and her anger and frustration and how the show is showing how fucked up the system is by there being a rape kit in there that's been in there for two weeks that they didn't pick up, and how she had to call and curse them out. So yeah, the the amount of insight into things that we don't really even know about that they're they're giving us, I think is very very well done. But yeah, watching this episode and just it was it was definitely like very emotional just trying to, you know, watch the victim, and I think I think the actor did a good.
Speaker 1: Saying nothing just looks just emotional. It was. It was, it was, it was. It was really really.
Speaker 4: Because those points where she's like, just just keep going, just keep going whatever, like yeah Santos, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, bro, she was like are you sure? You were like are you sure? Though, Like he's just your like he's your friends, Are you sure? It was rape?
Speaker 5: Like the new dude worse than Santos the tall guy.
Speaker 1: He got as.
Speaker 6: He got to he gotta be on the spectrum ship he got.
Speaker 1: To, Yah know it to he was.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he thought he was. I didn't think that either.
Speaker 3: I thought he was as he got it, Jesus got the spectrum.
Speaker 1: It's just asshole. It's not gonna God damn. That dude is not as bad as Santos.
Speaker 5: I think he just says whatever. We'll get to it later, man. But the experience with the fat dude man like he was doing too. All right, if you call somebody nigger, bitch, we'll know. We'll know he says fart nigger. If he says fart nigger, you know.
Speaker 1: Breakfast Club. I didn't I saw it pop up. I watched about two minutes.
Speaker 2: If I didn't watch all of it, all right, Doctor Heroshimi, she's dealing with the patient that was tasted, and he's hearing voices and he's going through a psychotic state.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: But what we do learn, because we don't really have any backstory on this character, this triggers her and she calls her neuroscientists and checks on an appointment or checks for the first appointment available.
Speaker 1: What did you guys take from that.
Speaker 3: I thought she was calling a therapist. She called a neuroscientist. Wow, what the fuck is going on with her? I mean, I still don't like her. I was gonna ask, so you still don't care?
Speaker 1: I hate her.
Speaker 3: She's annoying and I after what she pulls, will we'll get to I was like, see, motherfuckers, I've been told y'all about this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: I can't stand your dumbass. You don't like it because she like her? Yeah, well dad, but I don't like her attitude.
Speaker 3: You don't walk into a place that's already established and like I'm changing everything.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck are you?
Speaker 3: I'm here, I'm motherfucking doctor Robbie. We don't even know your name.
Speaker 1: And you ain't done. She ain't done anything. Have you noticed it? That's true something to this point though she hadn't done anything. I think she said now.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say real quickly. I think she's just knowledgeable. They have shown that she's knowledgeable. Yes, true, but she ain't done anything. She hasn't done it physical doctor, Yeah, like she ain't done. But doctor Robbie is a different dude. He don't rob doctor Robbie doesn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: I think what we're seeing with him becaus what makes him good.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's what makes him good, because he could say in the back and just be like, all right, you needed to go to the go to the third Bilateral and do the fourth quadrupleles.
Speaker 1: He could do all that.
Speaker 3: Ship, but he likes to get in there and get his hands dirty, cause that's just who he is. But I don't think that implies that she don't know nothing like I think she knows her ship.
Speaker 1: She does an asshole. I think something's wrong with her. I don't think that she doesn't know anything.
Speaker 5: You think she asked and I think she has a physical helment and we showed they showed it a little bit.
Speaker 1: She got the shakes a little bit that I didn't catch that.
Speaker 2: And then she said that she was in uh the war as well, and she was I think there's something like wrong with her.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought she was calling a therapist when she picked up the phone. I didn't realize it was a neuro science Did they say that's explicedly.
Speaker 2: Said that on the record, and it was like, you've reached the neuroscience lab of such and such, such and such.
Speaker 1: But I don't her. Would you call for somebody else?
Speaker 2: First appointment she wanted? She wanted an appointment she called. I think that's something with P A T A D with her. She had mentioned being in Iraq wherever it may be.
Speaker 1: That that's what I was wondering.
Speaker 3: Maybe there there might be therapists at neuro like offices. Maybe because I don't I didn't think that there was anything physically wrong with her. The shakes I assumed was PTSD from being in the war. But she acts like somebody that was in the war, like I want I take that back.
Speaker 1: She acts like.
Speaker 3: Somebody that was in the military. She's very much I want it done like this, do it this way. I know you're the boss right now, but I know more than you efficiency.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was immediately intrigued when the other guy was working with the SWAT.
Speaker 1: She was intrigued when he took his shirt off. Dog.
Speaker 5: She didn't see that, Yes she did, Yeah, I saw it. Remember, she was trying to get out and maybe we should go get coffee or some sometimes.
Speaker 6: Before he took a Robbie and saw.
Speaker 1: The doctor that had the panic attack. That is the one.
Speaker 3: She Yeah, but I could have war Abs. I could have what's her name, doctor absheby Abashibi. I could have sworn she walked by.
Speaker 1: That was Robbie. He said, here, you didn't I did. I could have sworn. She saw it all right.
Speaker 5: Mister Dz he's also in this episode. Mister Diz is the Guymber tell the guys like, I ain't got I ain't got it, like I'm already one hundred thousand medical debts with the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all trying to put more on me. They were working deals. He's like, I can't even afford the deal. I'm let me out of here. I thought that was you told a story similar, well not similar to this, but you were talking about how much you had to pay with insurance. I think they did a really good job of capturing how miracle feels about like medical, like I'm not doing.
Speaker 3: It, and how they present not that it's cold, but how they present it so matter of factly.
Speaker 1: Oh so, yeah, your bill's gonna be sixteen thousand dollars. Do you not understand how much sixteen thousand dollars is facts?
Speaker 3: People don't even have that in their bank account and you're just presenting to me like it's normal. And the dude is a person of color, he's a little bit overweight. It sounds like he's the only one working.
Speaker 1: Well. No, his whole family works. That was his problem.
Speaker 2: He was mad that they were there and left work. He sent them back to work. He was like, my wife and daughter, they got to go to work.
Speaker 1: I thought he was like the man. Maybe it was that he was like the main breadwinner, but.
Speaker 2: They all worked always. He sent them back to work because they asked him, where's your family? He was like, they went back to work.
Speaker 1: They thought they were all in the hospital. I don't remember him sending them away, so they were.
Speaker 2: But then he was wandering around and that's when the nerd with the doctor that had the panic attack stopped him and she was like wait. He was like, man, I'm leaving. I sent my family back to work. Y'all charging me. I'm already a hunt.
Speaker 1: This is the guy with the daughter that didn't the fund me. He was all these these bunches. Because I don't remember.
Speaker 2: So he was trying to leave. He was telling her to the Yankees, incisions out that you have in me. I got to go back to work. I'm already one hundred thousand, and then y'all charging me. Y'all want me to stay here for two more days. I mean, I gotta miss two days of work and I gotta pay for this. I'm not doing it. I thought they captured that.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 6: They really did, Yeah, and they just think thet nurse yep worked up like some package for him to send to the house, but he left before he got it. And the guy that worked he was like, he was gonna pay for it.
Speaker 5: He was like uber to him, Yeah, and she was like, this is the hospital, I'll pay for it.
Speaker 1: Like what were we talking about?
Speaker 5: Look, yeah, it's just how much can this possibly cristout?
Speaker 1: That? Yeah? So that was dope. I thought that was the other doctor that that did all that.
Speaker 8: You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon, so become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Also of this episode is what we alluded to earlier when Robbie and Langdon getting the elevator and they're waiting on the helicopter to arrive and you're on the roof, Langdon apologize. Robby is like, yeah, cool, bro, but I don't really want you here. I don't know if I want you here. Y'all want to die more into that.
Speaker 3: Now I see both sides, and I think that's what's so bringing about this show. And that's one thing that makes this, in my opinion, one of the best shows on TV. Is I feel like you picked doctor Robbie's side, or you pick Langdon's side. You're validated. I get Robbie's point. At the same time, I'm like, but Langdon is good. He's good, he like And the thing about it is Robbie. The first thing I was thinking, I was like, you're not helping him in his sobriety, Like he stopped doing the stuff, he went to rehab.
Speaker 1: Be a support system for him.
Speaker 3: You loved him like a son before now because he was stealing pills, because he was an addict. You're just like, man, fuck this guy. That's not helping him stay clean. You're gonna nothing. It's Robbie's responsibility, it's not. But man, like, give him a chance.
Speaker 1: He being got hard on his mind. He's being really hard on him, a little bit too hard on him. I get tough love, but damn dude.
Speaker 2: I understand that part of it and agree. However, like you said, the show is written so well. I get Robbie also being like, bro, you betrayed me like this is this is the most important thing, the height of life. You you are a doctor like you were supposed to say, these people life and you stealing they medicine.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 5: I get him never looking at him the same, never looked at Langdin the same.
Speaker 1: Again, rob what you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm on I'm on Langdon's side. I do think Robbie's being a little too hard on him. I didn't even think about the fact that you know, he could relapse due to how rober is treating him, the rejection and all of that, And like you said, it isn't Robbie's responsibility of course.
Speaker 1: But I mean like that.
Speaker 4: I mean he he holds you in a very high regard.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying like that that can mentally mess with you. You know what I'm saying, obviously is bothering him, Like he keeps asking people, Yo, you heard from da da da da da, Like yeah, yeah. So it's just it's hard to see. But that's what makes it good though. That's what makes it good because it is hard to watch. It's kind of hard to watch.
Speaker 3: Everybody's forgiving him, and all he cares about is Robbie's forgetting what Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Everybody else is like, don't worry about it. Yeah yeah, we're glad your back kids, get back to work, and He's just.
Speaker 4: Like, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: Robbie.
Speaker 2: Even the other nurse, the lady who had the ankle monitor on, I love her too. I love her too, But she didn't we didn't know that she was dealing with sobriety problems. She was like nicklay for six years and then you need to talk at any point in time, just let me know. So that I thought that was cool too. Can you think Robbie's being too hard on Landon?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: I think Lannon definitely wants disapproval, but Robbie is standing on business man. He don't give a fuck like he ruined it, ruined it a damn about what Lane that says, anything that he sees anybody else's approval or anything like that. He's he's standing firm and how he feels. Even when he sees Langdon going to work and doing really well, you see kind of a little bit of it. Like I think when they were in the next episode, I think they were working together and stuff like that, they were kind of I guess there was some friction and buddy heads.
Speaker 1: When they were doing Louis. He was questioning, Yeah, he was sure.
Speaker 6: You know, when the helicopter came in, it looked like they were kind of like he was sort of doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: But then he kind of conceded.
Speaker 3: But that's I think that's because Langdon was off at that point because he was fucked up because of what Robbie said. Remember, because like when they brought him down, he was being slow to react.
Speaker 2: And he wouldn't again, he's good a right, he wouldn't give I said, you're right, and he wouldn't given his normal input. Langdon, Yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like stuttering and kind of little unsure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is not him. Yeah, this is too good.
Speaker 2: Y'all may have missed this because y'all hate her, but there was a brief bathroom moment between Langdon and Havati and they was just talking.
Speaker 1: About I don't hate Havadi. Well, y'all hate Santos. That's what I mean. So you said, Langdon, I mean like a bath room together.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that, sat Havati And did y'all notice Santos with the cuts one?
Speaker 1: Think about this?
Speaker 6: What a y'all looking at me?
Speaker 1: He looked at because he looked at you.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I did. Because you hate her though most that's why you think she's like self harming. No, I think you got a really evil cat stuff.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Who is you thinking? Was you think she's just real clumsy and keep running in the ship? Man? Hell?
Speaker 2: So guess my question is then, do you guys feel sorry more for her? Do y'all like her lists or more so?
Speaker 1: So? Yeah, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 6: Like there were a few times small where they tried to get us.
Speaker 1: To care singing to the baby, you know, yeah, her.
Speaker 6: Singing to the baby because I think she's Philip Philippino or something like that. And uh, the cuts, they're probably gonna try to make a character term, you know, with her.
Speaker 1: I hope not. I despise everything about her.
Speaker 6: And I was so glad that and I'm just still waiting for her to get cuts smooth out because her partner in her fun buddy didn't do it enough.
Speaker 1: I think she she she later dound pretty good.
Speaker 6: It was good, but it wasn't like what I wanted for Ila Mana to get on her. It was and there was the new Robbie's replacement, Hiroshima. What is it, y'all being real racist?
Speaker 1: Ibshimi earlier.
Speaker 6: Looking go ahead, I'm gonna have to give her an look it up anyway, Yeah you can't.
Speaker 1: He swallowed out he almost real quick.
Speaker 6: But uh but yeah, So anyway, I'm waiting for her to do it because she saw it too, like when when Langdon and and when when Langdon and Santos, when Santos was being a real rude in front of a patient, like what are you doing? Like this is not the place for it. But she's They've allowed her to get away with this ship far too long, and I'm waiting for somebody to really really just going on her, and that's what I want.
Speaker 3: It's al Lashemi and I can see her doing it. She's not gonna put up with that bullshit. Yeah, but she hasn't seen that ship that she pulls in front of patients. I don't think yet, but I bet you I can see Alashemi checking the fuck out of her.
Speaker 2: Ow doctor Al there you go. That's better, all right. This episode ends with a cyber attacked attack. See this was this was wrong the end of episode this way.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, are y'all serious? That's the week? The week when you're talking about Come on, did you get a picture of the board?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that wasn't in the episode? You didn't know if he did or not?
Speaker 1: And shut down ouse. I was watching it and this fool took a picture of his face. That happened me cracking the funk up.
Speaker 4: And but then when he I guess switch, the camera was blurry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah. I love Whitaker.
Speaker 2: Though we learned so we're going into episode eight. But also I think in this episode we learned about Whittaker.
Speaker 1: He's something. What in the fun is he doing? I don't remember this woman I remember from No, I don't remember he was super average.
Speaker 3: Well, he's kind of average. I can see him liking an average woman. Look, any thoughts on he's dope? Man with him, I don't have any thoughts on him.
Speaker 4: Like man, he's endearing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's also of the hearts Epis. He reminds me of that cool gum. I think they're trying to say with up to be like Robbie.
Speaker 2: And I think doctor Robbie looks at him like it because he's trying to run his house to him and things he replacement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. And I think he feels sorry for him because he ain't got a money.
Speaker 1: He broke held have money.
Speaker 3: But now well, I don't know how well he just became a doctor, yeah, but I think he didn't before.
Speaker 4: But he getting a little bit more now.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, yeah, but he just became.
Speaker 3: It's been a year later and he just became a doctor, and he's taking care of the woman and her fucking kid, So he probably doesn't. He was staying with Santos, yeah at first, and I think he still is. That's why doctor Robbie's renting him.
Speaker 1: The place he broke. You need to get away from them. Yeah, because santoshole everybody else. So in episode A, we have the cyber attack.
Speaker 2: Do you guys think that this hit the same way as the mad shooting tragedy last season?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it just in a different way. And I liked that they did it in a different way.
Speaker 5: I'm glad it wasn't like because because I think that would come that would become like kind of kind of lame if they keep having these big events like that. So it's like they found another way to create chaos in the hospital, and I like that. I also like when the girl had a photographic memory, she's able to remember the boy.
Speaker 2: She's becoming the better doctor. We thought the smart dude was the better I did anyway, it was the better like yeah, yeah, I thought he was the smart one.
Speaker 5: But she's clearly showed them he's just a show off, that's all. Yeah, I mean against each other. They're both supposed to be intelligent, and so they always trying to one up each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also to be fair, just because she has a photographic memory doesn't make her a better doctor or even so, I think they showed its burgers probably a memory like.
Speaker 1: That because they showed it when the.
Speaker 2: X ray guy was there, and she noticed that small things like, yeah, I think that they're trying to show that she's a better a better doctor.
Speaker 1: Everybody looking at it was funny. Broch is like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't remember what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: The handsome guy that all the nurses were looking when that came out there with the extra Yeah, looking.
Speaker 1: At the soft I thought you about the patience. The nurse was like things when she noticed it. I was like, bro the way they did that ship, you know, the the other one was falling over langdon.
Speaker 5: Lady, I did you want to talk about the two friends?
Speaker 9: She was good man, Yeah, yeah, Well she didn't even buy her tongue af she just did it in it was yeah, yeah, because it was hot right in the middle.
Speaker 3: She was probably sticking her and she said yeah. They said they were taking a picture. And then if the friend stood up real fast, yep.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm oh.
Speaker 6: And then they showed the stitches the needle going through and then yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't think about that they were gonna have to pull the tongue just to pull it out and then stitch the back of it.
Speaker 6: Jeez, that was a lot. But yeah, no, That was funny because they were just in there all googly and stuff like that looking at it. He was like, all right, take this and he's just used to probably like a.
Speaker 2: Episode eight is also the episode where the overweight guy comes in the new the New Doctors that I was talking but he could not contain himself.
Speaker 1: He's like, why are you so fast? Like what do you eat? Like you can't work out onder water, you.
Speaker 3: Can't do ship man, big well beast fucking what the hell you big SnO dick of a man, and.
Speaker 1: We gotta ship into the zoo. Right. It was just big right in front of him, but he was he wasn't saying that.
Speaker 6: It was just like this, He's know they have a scale.
Speaker 1: Nah, he was just coming up. He was. He was serious. He was like, no, they do that the zoo. He's been making comments the whole right.
Speaker 6: I thought he was again the jeans of the show, because yeah, you think you would think, but Noah, he was seriously being like, no, that's this is this is a and I did. I mean, Robbie was slicked to Robbi was like, way, it was like the last time, Like when's the last time?
Speaker 3: He said, I went about you know, about four hundred, and he's like, bro, know the fun you don't because lifted you from that thing on to this table.
Speaker 1: Four hundred is a damn lie. But I love like just the again.
Speaker 6: I think the amount of care and attention they showed to him and tried to not shame him or don't not shame him at all, and he really appreciated that.
Speaker 1: Apologizing for it, he's like, no, it's fun. It is what it is. And it happened because of something happened traumatic in his life. He had a car wreck and then he couldn't get you work and and.
Speaker 6: He just fell apart, very similar to what happened with Louis. Louis had a car wreck, he lost his family, and then he was just emotionally done.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're gonna kill that fat man. Bro Oh yeah, definitely. Like they said, they need to justice fluid. They think I said justice fluid.
Speaker 2: As this episode ends, doctor Robbie suggests treating the cancer patient with more morphine, but that may slowed down her breathing, and he tells the other doctor that we're here to treat paid if that causes death. That society of societal that was such a strong man because.
Speaker 1: Robbie knew, he knows she's going through Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: He's been there before, and they're they're shielded from it because their immediate present concern is to treat the pain. And then the byproduct of that is, you know, uh, possible death. But they have a they have to treat the immediate thing that's happening now. So yeah, that was that was That was really really good setup for where we ended.
Speaker 1: And Robbie knows she's let's be real, she's better off. This is incurable. She's an excruciating pain.
Speaker 3: He wasn't gonna say it, but as a doctor, I'm sure he knows, like, look, there's nothing we can do for her. We might as well make her last few moments on this earth comfortable.
Speaker 1: So Noah, man, I'm with you, Spike. That was a really really good line. Did you like it?
Speaker 8: R M?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like.
Speaker 5: I like all of this, even like the dynamic between the two boys, how they both were treated it a little differently, like the younger boy like he's like he says like.
Speaker 4: Don't go or something like that.
Speaker 5: He told her, uh, and then she was just hers like, you know, be kind to your brother, and he loves you like he loves you, like just to give those last little bit of gems with your time here was very impactful.
Speaker 4: And then the other son like, I don't want to see it this way.
Speaker 5: So just like you got two different sibling children, that's that's that's handling this in their own way. So I thought that was that was fucking good. More, we talked about the show man. I might be with y'all, this might be yea the best show on TV, but but yeah, that was good.
Speaker 2: That was good, all right, So let's get into episode nine. It starts off with the fourth of July. Of course, kid comes in and fowreworks have blown off his man middle fing well, his ring finger and his pinky Jesus, what did y'all think about this?
Speaker 1: Well, little nigga, damn.
Speaker 4: Y'all, y'all, yeah, you never got popped in. No.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know y'all s obvious.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no, it's because I mean again, I know y'all grew up in the same type of household. If that was me, my mom would have whooped my ass and I would have to stay in the hospital.
Speaker 1: If I blew off my.
Speaker 3: Fingers, my mom would have beat my ass from Sunday to Sunday.
Speaker 1: She wanted to beat the little boy the sister. Yeah what we what we see why which we can get into. But I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't do ship like that because I knew if something happened, I was going to be in so much trouble.
Speaker 1: It's not even funny.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't throw it eighty though, Like I am not not an actual fire I wouldn't even like one.
Speaker 1: We would like bottle rockets and throw those.
Speaker 6: Oh man, that was the fun in it, throwing trying to throw them before they.
Speaker 1: Mississippi and Florida. That's what's just, that's just a thing. I was in California.
Speaker 6: We shoot shot, We shut the room, Roman candles at each we shot the roman candles.
Speaker 1: We threw fire crackers at each other, cracks.
Speaker 4: Each other, like I had like ship like hit by my shit be ringing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, justum Man's kids, dumb mass kids, especially in the hood.
Speaker 4: Man, Like yeah we did ship ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like nine, ten years old, like totally unsupervised with a big bag of fireworks, just like lighting them up and just doing all this ship.
Speaker 5: Can I know you know this too? Like some of them ships like go fast. Yeah, you think you think it's gonna go like.
Speaker 1: No spot, that's how you ship is ringing.
Speaker 6: Bro man, bro it's a feeling you can't just don't forget. It hurts, it's it's all your fingers.
Speaker 1: Everybody felt.
Speaker 3: I understood how it could happen. I did not personally relate the way. The only things we threw those little things that you have to pinerock.
Speaker 1: They were like poppers you just throw.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we would throw those, but no the mother my dad let all of them.
Speaker 1: He didn't even let me light them.
Speaker 5: And then run away like you throw the smoke bombs either the ones that they they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they smoke the color smoking. That's like, we didn't use those those pomoke bomb something that looks just like bombs and you and they just have smoke.
Speaker 1: Just smoke. It's not you and ninja jumping corny as give me a smoking bombs. No, my dad, we bought the ones that would go up in the air and just have.
Speaker 4: All the We ain't have that ship broke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were cheaping Californ edition the mail box.
Speaker 5: John need y'all asked, because of the sound, make the name bottom dumping in the bottles.
Speaker 1: He ye dominant.
Speaker 6: The first thing I did was okay, well they lost the kid.
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, I don't need.
Speaker 5: Okay, that ship looks yeah little kid.
Speaker 1: He was like, fucked up. Yeah you did. There's nothing you can do about that.
Speaker 3: They haven't resolved this yet. She said that I smelled alcohol in his breath.
Speaker 1: Well they said that. Of course, of course she's probably lying to you know, he was drunk.
Speaker 3: He probably him cooking here, just left that rock.
Speaker 1: So she just let that rock. It's just she seemed glee. Yeah. She seemed to me to tell on that was doctor Robbie. He had kept it tune because I think Robbie called her out on some something she was doing.
Speaker 6: He did it was it was with some page was like oh yeah, but when it was another patient, you had a different I can't remember what.
Speaker 1: I remember that too. Yeah, yea yeah.
Speaker 6: But I think they did resolve it where she'll still keep the kid, but they were like he needs to go back with his parents, which I do agree with.
Speaker 1: It's because she she changed her tune.
Speaker 3: I think once she figured out that the that the sister was taking care of him. But earlier when she was like, oh, he has alcohol you know, she was all about telling off.
Speaker 1: He called her ass out. I'm sick of your ship, sick of yo ship.
Speaker 2: Also in this episode, Male's sister comes in. You get to meet Male's sister and her sister. Yeah, it was that. That was a real like heartwarming moment, and we got to see langdon treat her and he learned from the last time with the lights yea rather dad like, I thought that was really good.
Speaker 1: The lights off when you walk out. God, damn.
Speaker 5: If that's just acting, that's they they're fun killing it. I don't think that's acting about sister, well.
Speaker 4: Both of them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's acting for mal for Brian Criston's daughter. Yeah, you said that last time.
Speaker 4: I can't remember. I didn't remember that, but damn damn.
Speaker 1: I imagine.
Speaker 3: I imagine she probably has something. I don't think that's acting acting with you.
Speaker 6: That's acting, bro, I was like, damn, she acting. I think they're starting to really get get actors.
Speaker 3: Because they'll get in trouble if they don't. If you got a motherfucker up there acting like that.
Speaker 2: We reviewed the movie with the guy. But they cut the lady's hair off. They thought they were aliens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: It seems to be I haven't looked into it, but a lot of movies where we think they're acting is like nah, like that's him real. Yeah, but no, this was great. When she was like here, we haven't said on a lot of it. I was like, ship that.
Speaker 2: Was the next episode. We ain't got that yet. It's also in this episode. I'll tell you one thing that's not working for me is males really worried about this deposition worry for you.
Speaker 1: I don't really care. I'm glad you saw that. I got it.
Speaker 2: Ro like, don't move cause enough can you and me? The deposition stuff? I don't know. I don't think anything's gonna happen for me. I never thought anything was gonna happen.
Speaker 6: It's gonna happen, but it's like it's whatever, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I will wait till you get your mic back. What you think I like? I like the deposition stuff. Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I like what she's doing to her that that being like a side thing that's currently going like always going on with her, that she's thinking about.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: When when her sister comes in, all that ship kind of flies out the window. So to the point where it's like, I don't really care about it, no more, I don't know what I did, how I did on it. Where's where's what's her name be, Beth, Bessie or or whatnot.
Speaker 4: So I like, I like what that added to her, to her storyline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, But and then I just then come in and I still don't like it.
Speaker 1: But then I'm saying, I don't have to worry about it. You just insurance I know all that shit you was worrying about.
Speaker 6: But even when the sister girl came in, it was like, this isn't a monologue. I'm like, I don't I get it, But I don't know that's quite how that works. But okay, you know, it's a nice slick way to kind of say it without.
Speaker 2: Saying I guess if she was deposed, she could say, well, no, we didn't have a conversation about mm hmm, right.
Speaker 1: That's my definition, but.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I mean I think that's I think that's literally how it does work. I just told you some ship, so technically we did not have a conversation, so I'm not lying.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be perjury. I can still say we didn't have a conversation.
Speaker 3: I liked it that it was just stuff man, because I like I like that it shows because obviously she's also autistic. I like how it shows how she's hyper focused, and even them telling her like, look, don't worry, I not gonna lose your job.
Speaker 1: It's more so she she doesn't like. She doesn't want this on her conscience, the fact that they think I did something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and she just wants to prove herself. So no, I like all the depositions. I don't think they're spending too much time on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If they actually took us upstairs and made us sit there and watch that different staground, it's in the background and it works, and I think it lent. It lent to her not being there with the sister while the sister was dealing with Langdon, which turns into that story in the next episode with the whole I can't tell you what it was.
Speaker 1: So I like all of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think in the second five that we're doing, they didn't spend a lot of time on it as much as they did in the first third that we did, right, So I did appreciate that. But that was how I knew that I really didn't care when it came back. I was like, all right, we can skip fast forward through this be in trouble, especially now that they say she ain't in trouble.
Speaker 1: Right now, we forget it. We can.
Speaker 3: That's also kind of go ahead, go ahead. I was gonna say, that's also kind of fucked up because someone did I camera fated.
Speaker 1: Someone actually died or something did happen, and it sounded like it was had.
Speaker 2: A mental effect from the spinal tap, so somebody got yeah and they were mentally not the same.
Speaker 3: But it also shows you how hard it is to keep fucking the hospitals accountable. Or doctors can do basically any fucking thing, and it's hard as ship to get a h an actual male practice judgment against them. Like my best friend died because a doctor basically brought him in and was like, you know, he had men and gis doctor was like, oh no, you have a cold, intentem home, and he died the next day, And it took years years for his mother and his twin brother to actually get a judgment again into the doctor when the doctor was obviously negligible. He only did that because he didn't have insurance. So it's like it just this episode to me, it was a little bit triggering because I was like, man, Mel might have fucked up. Honestly, I fucked with Mel, but she might have actually fucked up. Yea, and the hospitals just like, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't worry about it, don't worry about it, don't worry about it. Fucked up. Similar shit happened to my aunt.
Speaker 6: He did back surgery on her while he was drunk, and yeah and yeah, so and I've been ever since then like she was in a wheelchair the rest of her life and it really messed her up. So and I was like, I'm never getting back surgery. And it wasn't until years later I found out what actually happened. But still I'm still against it. Fucked that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: By this point, we've had time with both of the new attendees. We got the smart ass Burger's guy, and we have the photographic memory lady either one of the characters working for.
Speaker 1: You guys, so fucking weirdo wonder twins, y'all like these characters so far. I like the.
Speaker 3: I can't her her name is Joy or Grace. I feel like it's one of those names. The Asian girl. I think I funk with her. I do like her, I've liked her from from day one. I don't like the other guy.
Speaker 1: He said, this is the way, he said, this is the business. I could see myself doing this for the rest of their life. She was like, really, because he's fucking lame.
Speaker 5: She's smart and she just doesn't want this type of hectic career.
Speaker 2: She wants to be like a lady, a regular doctor. Not he in this for the for that. But I don't think either one of them stick out his case, none of them are ones. I like, yeah, I can. I can see them bringing them back.
Speaker 3: I can see him bringing the Asian one back. They don't need the guy you keep going Aspergers. They don't need him because they got Santo's for that ship.
Speaker 6: And I think they may just keep bringing in different new ones. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's why they're not really spending a lot of time with him in the way that we did for the last season, because it becomes about them. It reminds me of, well, we'll get after you what show well, I said, now, Gray's Anatomy, Gray's Anatomy did that.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So also in this episode we have the lady that comes in. It works because everything went down, y'all. We ain't spent a lot of time where but I do like how she came in and she was like this need y'all need to go back and do what y'all was doing. Like she got everything, yes, and in one swipe she was like, let's fix this shit now. So I love that one that the Dana made the call and knew to get her too. She was like, I didn't retire digital, y'all, fucking you got rid of got me out of here. I love that aspect of it and that it still worked.
Speaker 3: They're pushing this idea of AI and technical same shit with me saying, well not we some of us have been saying here for a minute.
Speaker 1: They're pushing that idea, and I like it. I was not retired.
Speaker 3: I was fired because y'all replaced me with some computer shit. And now look at you, motherfuckers. You're calling me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. What he said you didn't want me now, y'all know what he said.
Speaker 3: She showed up and was like, look you do this ship, You get the funk out of here. Who the y'all to trying to get y'all. I didn't like how they did the brother though.
Speaker 6: While the brother was on the phone, I'm just saying, why black guy on the red.
Speaker 10: Emergency, I don't have to use any other phone, don't use it.
Speaker 1: That's the stereotype. Why had to do the brother like that? Because the brothers do that. Yeah, she's probably gonna go bottle. Yeah, wh you boy, these these red phones about Sestoya too. I had c never mind. I think, no good, but I like all the like she was trying to smoke and then Danie was trying to get her the patches.
Speaker 10: No, I like, all yeah, and you so she was smelling, like, just gonna smoke a goddamn smoke one Jesus, it was just sniffing the nicotine patch wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: She said, this gum is ship. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 6: I think what they're doing is really good. And how they're they're making present day commentary on the possibilities of the future, and you can say they're taking a position or not taking a position, because they give both sides of the argument. Whereas with Santo's she's saying, hey, you know, I did the charting thing, and but she didn't proof read it. And doctor Al was like it worked fine, but you still have to proof read it. She didn't do what she needed to do to check it and verify it, so so it's like the shit didn't work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but you still have to verify.
Speaker 6: So it's just giving you kind of like both both sides of the argument, depending on where you stay with AI, you can take one position or with this.
Speaker 1: I look at it a very similar way.
Speaker 6: Whereas they have all this modern day computer shit that's working, the shit went down. They went completely analogued, and they didn't have anybody in there to any sort of redundancy built in to help them circumvent and manage this place when they have to go back to paperwork. And they brought in the lady to represent a person that has lost their job. But at the same time you have the younger generation making fun of Robbie and all the other people by saying, when did you use this in nineteen hundred, saying that we've moved past that. So it's almost like she is a representation of people that will eventually lose their jobs. But also you see that this ship still skills on anyway, It's still useful, right, well, it's still useful, but as soon as they get the ship back up, she's gone, She's gone again. So it's like, so I think they're telling the two sides of the story. They're showing what is possibly or more than likely going to happen, but it's also showing that it's going.
Speaker 1: To fucking happen.
Speaker 6: So and it's it's it's really interesting seeing how they they they did that.
Speaker 5: But what's your contingency plan though, if it does happen again, now that you know that it's vulnerable, that's to happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what they're gonna do.
Speaker 6: And and well, I think you had you have people that were there, like she was an expert in how to run it because she did it all that time, Robbie, some of the other people, Dana, they kind of set up a system of how to do it. They set the system up, but they didn't have anybody to work it. They didn't have any sneeze. That's like the same.
Speaker 1: They were old enough to know that the system.
Speaker 2: Doctor al Hashimi had been in war, so she was familiar with it.
Speaker 6: Is right, So contendency is now they have to do the whole breakdown U lessons learns and have a plan in place.
Speaker 1: If this happens again.
Speaker 6: Every institution have a cyber attack plan in place, most of them do, and I think they just got caught.
Speaker 3: I think they're just showing how dangerous it could be to one hundred percent lean on technology. So they are making a good point with that. I think they're doing a really good job because I mean, it's just funny as anti AI, as Robbie seems, we also see, Okay, yeah you're anti AI, but look at how much you dependent on these computers.
Speaker 1: You don't like AI, but.
Speaker 3: The computers shut down and you realize, hey, we're fucked, so you are still dependent on technology. He just he's looking at what Ali Sheemi is wanting at so different, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's it's definitely putting out.
Speaker 3: Some interesting topics out there, but you you glossed over Alashemi's bullshit. How she knew the ship was coming and didn't fucking say anything and made a decision for the whole place. Robbie was too easy on her. He should have went cleaned the fun off.
Speaker 1: She said. She was on her way to tell.
Speaker 6: Me, I don't give a because first you don't make decisions from my ship, and then.
Speaker 1: The CEO didn't even talk to Robbie when he got there.
Speaker 2: I talked to like, I talked to the person in charge, Robbie on your way out.
Speaker 1: No, going on doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: It was more so the fact that a she fucking went and made a decision without coming to Robbie first.
Speaker 1: She should when they asked her. I can't remember exactly what it was. You don't want to host him. She knew. I didn't think she made She did, she just didn't tell him.
Speaker 3: No, I thought she made some specific decision because Robbie was pissed at her.
Speaker 5: Because he was like, I should have known this before. Robbie was mad because she got called up state to the c suite. He was like, oh, call to the prison's office on the first day, and she went up there and got the information. But then when by the time she had gotten back, the CEO was there, thought and he was mad because he wasn't looped in on the conversation because he was like, technically, this is still my emergency.
Speaker 1: Right because I thought it's because she made a decision without him.
Speaker 2: But the decision was I'm telling you like I'm telling everyone else, versus telling.
Speaker 5: The first, no, I'm not to go back and relook. I thought she did something.
Speaker 1: What happened. Yeah, Robin should have been called in too, But that wasn't Ala Sheeni's decision. Her decision was not to tell him. Though she didn't tell, he was like, that's what she was. I knew it was something.
Speaker 5: He was like, you could have told me before he came and told everybody.
Speaker 1: I could have prepared people for this. We could have got this. It would have been less of a ship. So she still ain't ship.
Speaker 3: That's fucked up because because if she had came down there immediately, Oh yeah, that's what it was. If she had came down there immediately and was like, yo, this a cyber tactic that might be happening, her computers might come down, they could have went and got pictures of everything immediately.
Speaker 1: ALAXHEIMI ain't ship. Put her back in the war. I don't know where she was from. She says, she did say it. She said, yes, she told the guy put her somewhere else. I can't stand her ass. So did that happen?
Speaker 2: Do y'all think we talked a little bit about this, and this is in this episode of two before we move on to ten family services. Do y'all think that they did the right call there of getting them involved with the guy that got his fingers.
Speaker 5: Blew off with the fireworks. They have to. They have to. That's why Santo sound is stupid. Is there anything we can do?
Speaker 1: Nah? You the one told us about the alcohol. Now you want to change shit? Such your ass up.
Speaker 2: Also in this epple, so doctor Havadi, we met her father who wants her to be a dermatologist while her mother wants her to be insurgent, like two totally opposite ends of the scale. Fatherles like a fun time guy, like he just I've learnt this doctor shit and now I'm just playing golf and tennis and shit like that.
Speaker 1: And her mother is very like strenuous. I don't like her.
Speaker 2: So from that, doctor Havadi does miss a read because she doesn't get an X ray back, and a guy almost dies because a patient almost dies because of it. Are we supposed to question her skills as a doctor or is just just a mistake? What did y'all take from this from doctor Hawaii?
Speaker 6: I don't necessarily thinks there's external pressures that we see as impacting some of the people that are on the floor, the one that had the panic attack. We'll get to later, you know, and she's another one as like high performing successful parents. That's there's a trickle down effect that happens with that because they put that pressure on the child as well.
Speaker 1: So that'st part of it.
Speaker 6: I am of the mindset though, that if the systems would have been up, she wouldn't have made that error. They're working basically in an environment that they're.
Speaker 1: Not used to, and so she got caught slipping, and you see that. It's not just her.
Speaker 6: Everybody is fucking up because they don't know what the fuck to do. They've never been trained on it, they don't know how any of this shit works.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like we were talking about on is Theemeister Loon, Like driving a manual ship a stick shift versus a automatic, like that's becoming a lost art these days because they're making less and less of them. And so if apocalypse breakout again like we had with COVID nineteen, you know, and what people are gonna do if they come across one, They'll never be able to drive it.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's just one of those things.
Speaker 6: But I think it's more about just what happened in terms of the system going down or less about her ability.
Speaker 3: But she's taking it as her ability, and her mother is taking it like it's her ability because the mother was pissed.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you. If the system was up, it probably wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 3: But they also kind of lend a little bit to make us think that she did just miss something, because I think Winnaker was the only one that was like, look, you're good, it's not your fault. Of course, Santo's being a fucking asshole. But I don't know because I don't really know exactly what it was that she missed because they do talk and doctor talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was something in the X rayed. She missed it. If she had seen it, then they would have called it earlier.
Speaker 1: Oh but yeah, because she didn't get that she needed to get the x ray.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't her. It wasn't get it from right. And even the other doctor cussed as out too. Yeah, it came downstairs.
Speaker 5: Oh Santo's girl, Yeah heard one that one and another one cussed her out because she came from upstairs and she was like, y'all not getting the x rays and went crazy about the older lady. Okay, oh yeah she was, man, she had a bad day's a bad hour.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just gonna say real quick.
Speaker 5: On the other thing about the daughter is she was saying that she felt like an asshole because the mother that was dying she doesn't even appreciate her own mother. So I did like that dynamic too, because she actually was going to talk to her mother to reconcile, and then that happens and it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck, I love you too, right god man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So like those little details I feel like are very important in this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also skipped over the panic attack doctor.
Speaker 3: I don't they haven't really said what's going on with her, but her mom keeps calling, but we're not sure why yet, right, So, all she said was her mom is moving.
Speaker 2: The premise of it, we think her and mom was supposed to be getting well. She was moving to Pittsburgh to be closer to her mom, but her mom threw on her that hell, I'm getting engaged and I'm about to travel the world with my new husband, and I'm selling everything in the house. And she thought that her mom was calling her about things that she may want want to throw out her keep. But it seems as if something else going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because she keeps saying the mom keeps calling, and she sounds very upset.
Speaker 2: She called the hospital, she's been called on her cell phone, and she just can't get into Something has definitely happened.
Speaker 1: But it's weird that the asshole or the panic attack doctor is not even trying.
Speaker 2: To call her back because she's mad. She's mad at her mom pulled the plans out and they're not.
Speaker 1: Going to grow up exactly. What do you think about that?
Speaker 6: That was because that was harsh, but it was it was fair. He said, are we doing this because you're having a pan attack? Because you have mom is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he should have sent everybody out the room and then laid into her. Doing it with everybody there was unprofessional, But I also get why it happened.
Speaker 1: He's busy.
Speaker 5: When he was, he was like a very it was like a loose Lewis situation. He was really like, oh my god, in hour one, he wouldn't have reacted this way.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that they dis deep in the shift and this is how you react because, like you said, he's busy.
Speaker 1: It's like bro y'all pulled me in here for this ship. I'm doctor Robby. I got shipped to do like I love you got me here.
Speaker 2: For that was dope and Santos and that's not the one. So one thing I noticed and they talked about a little bit of this episode. Doctor Abbott is the guy in the swat. I like him, man, he's the day shift. Yeah, so now you know who he is.
Speaker 1: No, I knew who he was contemplating suicide in the early episodes.
Speaker 2: The thought that I had because he's he is a pretty mainstream actor, that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And doctor Robbie he does behind the scenes stuff with this show. He's directed shows, he's producing. Wow, would y'all still be here for it? If Doctor Robbie was more on the back end and he was the main star?
Speaker 1: Next year, I need doctor Robbie. But I had that same thought. Okay, so you saw it too, because they're trying to transition to him. I don't know if they're trump well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know if transition, but I think the next season is something's gonna happen to Robbie because they keep talking about this motorcycle trip and then he's talking about he's gonna leave right after his shift and they're like, you're gonna do a nineteen hour shift and then jump on your motorcycle. That sounds dangerous. I can totally see next season.
Speaker 1: Robbie.
Speaker 3: Yes, they trying to save him. Maybe Langdon has to jump in there and try to help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's been motorcycle injur Hearddy wear's a helmet.
Speaker 1: They keep talking about it. Something's gonna happen to Robbie's ass on that motorcycle.
Speaker 5: He even said himself if he comes back, I don't know if y'all remember he said that.
Speaker 1: If I didn't say that, because he was like when he told him a house, you might have it. Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't. I would still watch. But they're gonna they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Last of us themselves if they if they get rid of Robbie. Robbie is the show at this point, but there's just a lot of support around him.
Speaker 2: All right, So this episode and any thoughts on Sanchez is in the surgeon's relationship, because.
Speaker 1: Who's san chest you racist motherfucker?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: Who is Sanchez? N Jesus are you right? Who is Selena Sanchez?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 5: Damn Santos and the nurse that she's sleeping with, any thoughts on their relationship, anything the other.
Speaker 1: She could do better than Santos. I like I like how she she's I like how she treated this.
Speaker 5: Casual, like like, let the landing ship go. If you still need somebody to set up with your popcorn and bed, I'm your girl, but.
Speaker 1: You got I'm sick.
Speaker 3: Langdon ship Langdon is that guy right right right? She was all that was pissing me off. We can talk about that scene when they were in there. She was like ignoring what Langdon was saying and all that snarky Yeah, oh that was pissing me off. And Langdon was just get it like a champ because you get just twelve steps or happening steps of this. So he just let it go. But man, oh I was. I was getting so irritated.
Speaker 2: Episode nine ends with the water park news and they'll get injuries from there. Episode ten begins with the water park injuries and my girl comes in with her.
Speaker 1: Leg cut off? That crazy? Could you imagine just last week? Can you imagine laying on the table and seeing somebody cleaning your leg? Is that as long as they tell me they can put it back on. I'm straight use it.
Speaker 4: You can't use it.
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking about. Yeah, they didn't really do that.
Speaker 3: I knew if you, if you did it within a certain amount of time, you can put that bitch.
Speaker 2: And keep on ice and all of this. I like my man that came in and was assesssing it too.
Speaker 1: He's fucking around the shark. He was a beastkinn was.
Speaker 3: He wasn't taking no ship of course sailing you dumb fun that's what you use.
Speaker 6: Smart, was like I knew that, knew that. But if you saw Robbie Robbie knew he ain't playing no games.
Speaker 1: Robbie Robbie was playing.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 5: Robbie said back and saying, ship shark, appreciate what.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen Robbie bitch up like that. What he already knew what it was with shark.
Speaker 7: Shark didn't come in and say, ho to know, this is your hospital right now, This is your shark right because a little bit of shark, sir man.
Speaker 1: Because the way he.
Speaker 6: Walked in, all smug and arrogant, unconcerned. Lady's legs in this dude's arm or whatever in a bag.
Speaker 1: Man shark says, I do this every day. I was he said, like you said, he said some doctor ship. It was like, yep, yep, yep. Okay, cool, we can get it back on. Yeah, just left, good job, clean cut.
Speaker 6: I was like, damn, he just walked out, like yeah, most them them guys bro like they're just asshole.
Speaker 1: He ain't so good at their job. They're they're allowed to be asshole. It's like when you do facts. Uh. Next, we have how much happened with episode two? But I can't wait to see it. I hope they do show us.
Speaker 6: Like they show them putting it on and and kind of walk us through like what happens when it happened.
Speaker 1: That was really interesting story about.
Speaker 6: The at the tax office and the lady was on the motorcycle and.
Speaker 1: And I said, that's the guy. He said.
Speaker 3: The guy asked they couldn't put it back on. I said, it's a that's a valid question.
Speaker 6: Y'all made fun of me, but you looked it up when we were having a conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you saw that they could. It's just man, it was crazy that they don't ask. Clearly they couldn't.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he knew that or not if you're just being old. But I'm so cute, I'm meant to go on YouTube. I want to see this ship now.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So in this episode, we've talked about a lot of the things that if he had already. One of them was the panic attack and Mohon, which is the doctor's name she was ducking. Her mom's called doctor Robbie response to her panic attack really like beliving her.
Speaker 1: But people got on him for that too, like people check al. They both checked him.
Speaker 5: She was like Danny, like, did you have to like yet? You know what I'm saying? So I thought that was good, and.
Speaker 1: He tried to apologize.
Speaker 5: He did, you know, he tried to fix it and then get your ass on the floor. She was open to it too, she knew it was kind of like, nah, she was mad.
Speaker 1: She was still being a dick.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, all right, lady says, did you cut my fucking leg off?
Speaker 1: Oh man? I was like, why are y'all right next to her?
Speaker 3: Why don't y'all go behind it or something they did, but she woke up, Yeah, she said.
Speaker 1: Right next to her. Why wouldn't they move?
Speaker 6: And they were like that sounds like a cent I did like that put put it back on its like since me. Yep, oh, my goodness is so good, I wrote in my notes for episode ten.
Speaker 5: They keep hitting at doctor Robbie's like you said, my motorcycle accent, that's gonna happen like this stuff. They continue like he brought his friend in that was having issues and the motorcycles. Man, that ship made me like, man, I need a fucking doctor friend and fucus on vi P.
Speaker 1: He skipped everybody. I don't.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just it's just showing how fucked up these places are. He was like, so, yeah, your v P is.
Speaker 1: Here vi P, and you know they ain't gonna charge. He walking to the back.
Speaker 5: Everybody, even he looks back, even he looked, I don't like that.
Speaker 1: That's that's the one thing that made me be like, man, fuck doctor Robbie. That's some bullshit.
Speaker 3: All these people in this fucking emergency room suffering and you bringing this dude back, your homie because you don't even know what's he got some booger snots fucking packed up in his nose out there dying bulls for check up, regular check up.
Speaker 1: That there's something else going on with him, they're gonna find something.
Speaker 5: I think they're just showing like yo, like you know people in hot places.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, is this worse? Uh?
Speaker 4: Doctor al did thet the before.
Speaker 5: No one had ever seen before. Yeah, I thought that was cool. She ain't never done before, she ain't ever done it before.
Speaker 1: She just heard.
Speaker 2: But that was to my point earlier, like we hadn't seen her do anything, and did she come out the gate doing something, but we knew she missed a fantastic ship.
Speaker 1: But then the other the little surgeon from upstairs was talking, ship, did you cut this with a chainsaw? Smart ass ship? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She said, by butter knife or some ship like that. Yeah, you get the professionals to do it. Upstairs and were like, nah.
Speaker 1: I saved his life and that Robbie liked that ship.
Speaker 6: But yeah, again, everybody like they just be constantly cussing each other out because you know, it makes their job harder. And she's not looking at the bigger picture of the fact that you're only doing this because his mother alive. They're looking at now, I gotta do this surgery, try to lessen the scar that's going to be left over. It looked like a pretty good cut.
Speaker 1: To me, love me. She looked like she did a job. That she did that job.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it was impressive.
Speaker 1: That was it. Man.
Speaker 2: And unless y'all have anything else on those first episodes and the thing we left out y'all wanted to touch.
Speaker 5: On, I felt like I wanted to write some stuff down. I did think it was funny when Robbie passed by the office when it went had his shirt. It says a meme going around with that when he he looked in, real.
Speaker 1: Cool going on, and.
Speaker 2: He looked in as soon as he was like, this would be between us, and Robin was like, look so yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that because Warren alshen he saw that. Mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Now it was.
Speaker 1: She just she was just interested in him in general, all right.
Speaker 5: He hit on her that they asked each other out coffee together, and he saw Robbie's like, she's nice.
Speaker 2: Nah, straight, all right, if all hearts and minds are clear, will close the doors of the church. And that was our review for the Pit season two, episodes six through ten. We will be back for episodes eleven through fifteen.
Speaker 1: I think our.
Speaker 4: Finale is the final third.
Speaker 2: The final third, Yeah, is going up to fifteen I think fifteen episodes show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I guess we're done. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Say he walked all in the camera and shit, I thought we were still talking.