Speaker 1: Whatever, everybody, and welcome to the France per Second Podcast. My name is Kenny, and stowing me on the show is Rod, Spike and Mike Not that much, man, We are here to talk about dead presidents. Yeah, dead presidents. It's the thirtieth anniversary of this movie. It's crazy voted by patrons, so thank you guys for that. And this is interesting because I cannot tell you the last time I have watched this movie.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you guys watched this movie.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Maybe early two thousands, possibly.
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, like we'll Rod said to you, it's been at least fifteen because when did it release?
Speaker 3: Five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been twenty years. I've seen it since I've been here, So that's what I'm saying. It had to be like early two thousand. I'm not even I'm not saying like two to oh one type ship?
Speaker 2: Why is that? Why? Why? What?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Is because I think, Okay, so I guess overall, like it is viewed as a great like black movie right.
Speaker 2: By black folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but I look back, man, reviews were bad on this really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like forty seven rings like.
Speaker 4: Sixty I thought I thought this movie and I thought it was considered like what we were talking about the Hood last.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, And IMDb had a stream though like at a six something or whatever.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't, I didn't know that. I didn't know this movie was wasn't wasn't really that.
Speaker 4: Reviewed what A movies like Boys in the Hood, and I think it's high like New Jack City and.
Speaker 2: That president is.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't put it in that in that lineup right class would it wouldn't? I would with like Society Boys in the Hood, it's probably it's not topping though.
Speaker 2: I don't be on the list. No, I don't do. I think that used to be like highly regarded in our.
Speaker 5: Like it has iconic moments, but I don't like it like how I like the Boys in the Hood or a mens Society.
Speaker 2: It's not the same for me.
Speaker 3: And this movie is by the way, both for seven point five and higher. Okay, so those movies are definitely this was under This was like, it's a great movie, but it ain't like Boys And.
Speaker 4: I do remember as the last time I watched it, I was like, it's kind of boring, but this time I enjoyed it a lot more.
Speaker 2: I was like, damn, I don't remember what are we talking about? The movie?
Speaker 3: A couple of names. I couldn't think I wouldn't we talking about that president.
Speaker 1: It took an hour to kind of set everything up, but I thought there was a good setup there.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: I liked him, like I didn't remember liking I remember liking the movie the first time I watched it.
Speaker 2: Then I know I watched it. You know it's kind of boring, But this time I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I was like it was a dope setup like that, like the relationship with him and the girl, like him going to the army and them not being like.
Speaker 2: All of them, all of this work.
Speaker 1: It hits me, Yeah, correct me ifrom wrong because it's it's been thirty years. But when this movie was released, it was a movie that people were talking in our community.
Speaker 2: Performance like all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was good, but he was gread, not pooky, but underrated bo kin wood by smoking.
Speaker 1: That's why I some fries that like, it's not one that people would at least I would pick up and one to rewatch.
Speaker 3: It's not nothing, there's no conclusion in anything. It just kind of just.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's the part I always the court House, like I'm like, man like it. Even even when I was younger, I just never liked that. I didn't like the war part either, like.
Speaker 2: Like the war part the best part of the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I don't know, It's like I started feeling like, like what movie is this?
Speaker 2: Like what movie am I watching? So it feels like a like a breakup to me. It's like is this a war movie? Is this? Is this? Is this a bank heist? Is it a is it a what? Like that?
Speaker 3: That's what I've always had, the issue black people trying to survive.
Speaker 2: It's like a coming of age.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, no, no, for sure that's what ultimately is what Mike just said. But but yeah, I just the break up just in't I didn't always feel it.
Speaker 2: I didn't always feel the break in it like that. With the war stuff.
Speaker 3: I love that the war stuff because it really did a good job of explaining why they're fucked up when they came home. And then it really nails home the whole thing with the government just not taking care of for sure, and the fact that there wasn't even really a reason for him.
Speaker 1: To go well, so it wasn't because Isaiah Washington was his brother.
Speaker 2: I forgot his name, but.
Speaker 1: He was kind of like the smarty one or whatever he was gonna go. And Anthony we saw early on like he was running numbers and stuff with Kirby who's kind of served as a mentor with him and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But jobs were scarred.
Speaker 1: So I did look up, like just for historical contexts about nineteen sixty eight, and they were just saying that, you know, for black men like Curtis, Yeah, there wasn't a reason for him to really go, but he didn't really have a lot of options, you know, so they said higher education was off the financially outreach, which is crazy how.
Speaker 2: Much time changed.
Speaker 1: Skilled labor jobs were vanishing or inaccessible due to discrimination, and military service was the way out for black people, you know. So that's what he did and went.
Speaker 4: Because did Dizzel character do that too? You know when we watched what's the movie we just watched when he'd like in the army as well? Dizzel character was it we just watched with Denzel Lewis though, the whole movie that we just did. What were you asked, what's the question? Did he go to the army two? For similar reasons, and that's how he got his house in California.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the Devil and Blue Death.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think the scenario from you here, I mean ship, I know a kid right now that's probably gonna end up doing the same thing, you know, because it's like, well what else I got you?
Speaker 2: And he didn't want to go to school.
Speaker 5: Listen to Furious Man, But you said something I don't think everybody else heard was yeah, they were drafting around at Vietnam time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and so because we you know, in the beginning, we kind of introduced all the guys and skip Chris Tucker's character was kind of joking with Jose even though he called him Joe.
Speaker 2: What's the name, joseh Joe? He probably just called him, Yeah, that sounds like somebody Joe.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, he was kind of joking was going to get drafted because they were still in school or whatever. So they spent like first twenty some minutes kind of introduced us to all of them, the relationship between them and stuff like that. And uh, and we spent a lot of time with with Anthony. You know, yeah, he was a milk person, right, he was dropping milk off. We saw the relationship with that the interest that Delilah and it's Juanita, you know, both were coming.
Speaker 2: To the damn door.
Speaker 1: M you know, you know, and uh we saw him. The Terrence Howard was there.
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name.
Speaker 3: I don't remember his name either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't either. But he was like, man, yeah, yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Just say Terrence Howard because he plays the same Come on, man, how are you gonna play me in pool?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're playing pool. He's like, yeah, I bet you two dollars. You can take your money bit Jim Pool, you know. And then he was like hey man, you know he was real shy reserve. It's like, you know, you kind of bet me too. But I don't think he did, did he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought that. I thought that bet was with Kirby. He didn't bet.
Speaker 3: I think the bet was automatically.
Speaker 2: With Cowboy was his name, Cowboy.
Speaker 3: The bet was with both of them, so it.
Speaker 2: Was a four dollar bet. Then I think the rules of the pool is if we're playing, we bet.
Speaker 3: You noticed automatically. Yeah, Curtis added on to the bet because he was like, I bet you two dollars, he can beat.
Speaker 2: You, Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. I actually whip up on all the cats too, and I was not not for money, but just bragging.
Speaker 1: Right, What did you guys think about Kirby, like overall his influence on him just in general.
Speaker 5: I like it, you know, I like to I thought he was like a five new pigs, like he didn't want him to be getting too much trouble, but just showing the ropes type thing.
Speaker 4: M hmm yeah, people like it were around. I was boring up character a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's a good actor too.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. He old. I forget his name too, but I do like him though.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Keith David Yeah yeah. Another another good scene, that scene we remember, I think we talked about was when he went to.
Speaker 3: Money put his legs wrong legs, motherfucker ship. I mean, I don't he laid down that woman. I was like, god, man.
Speaker 2: That they got my heart husband. Yeah, God, he took his fight. He fell on the ground and rolled over to the pistol.
Speaker 3: Put the pistol.
Speaker 2: Hald my goddamn money.
Speaker 3: I was dying to get that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: That's very similar to that ship that that that the video that was fluming around.
Speaker 2: The handicapped dude that was fighting, remember, had no legs fighting. I said that to the group it was on the install It's.
Speaker 5: Kind of similar to that you ask by somebody like that beat with the legs, but they're strong.
Speaker 2: It don't matter, dog like, No, it don't matter. I don't matter. Bro, you can't get your ass. You can't get your ass bea by somebody. They got no legs, kid, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I ain't no way, no way, I'm not coming back outside. How did he kicked?
Speaker 2: As because the dude on that video didn't have no like did you get it kick? Yeah, the dude on the video didn't have no legs. I would imagine if that little motherfucker grab you, though, it'd be.
Speaker 5: We don't know how tall he really is, true, how tall he? He said, a little mother fucker.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Half he's just number number twist on right.
Speaker 2: Good representation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys, you guys, going back to Anthony's decision to go to the military, do you guys think his brother's success played a role in it?
Speaker 2: I guess I feel like I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I thought it was because I thought he had the opportunity to go to college, he just didn't want to.
Speaker 3: He didn't he.
Speaker 5: Tired of school, he said, he was tired at school. Yeah, get a job.
Speaker 3: Why did he go to the military. What was he gonna work it anywhere? I mean it never really, I don't know. I just didn't get that part. I'm sure I missed something, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Understand speaking of terrible.
Speaker 4: Now that we know how good of an actor Isaiah what's his name, Isaiah Washington? Very underutilized in this film. I don't know what it would have been for him to do. But now that we know how good of an actor he is, I'm sure that could have been something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: Yep, you nothing like.
Speaker 2: He do? Look like random?
Speaker 3: They got the same air. Yeah, they look it up and his lips weren't chopped.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing they gave me.
Speaker 3: And he always got that stuff right. Yeah, doing this, that's like someone gonna get you some.
Speaker 2: Industrial like you always sucking up.
Speaker 3: He walked up whatever he was in point of justice.
Speaker 4: But Isaiah Washington got washed. I thought he was he one he wanted little blacksmister Random, him and Mark. He don't like you, said he tried to right a weird ass beef. Markin Hill was making a documentary or something, and he said he was gonna help him with it, and he tried to get him.
Speaker 2: The signs of paperwork that was predatory. Damn yeah, Washington. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh and then like he told Monique about it, and Monique went back and told him, and.
Speaker 2: They been having beef very since.
Speaker 4: That's why you don't be That's what he said. I said, I wouldn't told the Monique. Now that was the biggest he said. They still like seemed like a snitch.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but yeah, I Washton got kicked off for sure. I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just was it Grays Anatomy.
Speaker 2: He messed up that money. Bro still would have been getting a check for I'm not working on this goddamn Gaze anatomy. Fuck y'all. But yeah, he wasn't. He was in.
Speaker 4: He wasn't poetic just and p Valley.
Speaker 3: I ain't so anyway, Jose saying p val you know, I ain't watched that. Oh, pe Valley, that seems like some ship you would love. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You probably don't like.
Speaker 5: You probably don't like the other the the main guy.
Speaker 2: That's probably what it is, but I that ain't. I just don't don't heard all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Jose was after and it blamed Skill for it. He said he jinxed them. They had a whole conversation, uh with Janita and Anthony had the old conversation, went to a party whose and and Anthony hooked up with the girls. Uh, and they had old conversation about like going to war waiting for so you really got a chance to see like the real world consequences, real life consequences of just that time period, just war in general, you know, which I thought they did a good job of capturing that because I.
Speaker 2: Don't know why. He slept over them. Must have been good, bro, because he slept over night.
Speaker 4: He couldn't leave, He couldn't get out of it. Bro had the biggest crush on her.
Speaker 1: No, they went they went at it twice and then remember in the morning it was like six thirty.
Speaker 5: Stood like like the month time lapse that you know, they were going at it, and then it was a time let like through the night.
Speaker 2: It's like they first started and then they they.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to just it's supposed to just be one time. I think, to where's point they alluded to? They kept Yeah, they kept sucking. I thought too, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Just all I know is you thought it was one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they did it twice because he was like, oh yeah, we're gonna go again. What I'm saying is that because it was still nighttime. So they did it four five times.
Speaker 4: I think that's what turned third in the fifth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what That's what I got.
Speaker 3: Okay, so deep sleep.
Speaker 2: But I like that. You know, he was crying and you sold like the emotional impact, you know of like what need us? And I wait for you and you know.
Speaker 1: But anyway, what did you guys think about Chris Tucker as comedic relief?
Speaker 2: I thought he was. He was great, man. I can't remember him being as good.
Speaker 5: I didn't need he did it really because this before after Friday, After Friday, after.
Speaker 3: He was he was playing Smokey he was, which Smokey was just him in real life. But no, he's actually a good actor.
Speaker 2: I was surprised Friday came out in.
Speaker 1: Five after there was a guy saw because I looked up to see if some of his stuff was improvised, and of course it was like you said earlier, they gave him reference point.
Speaker 2: He just kind of went with it. But you can tell like he and the party talking about that ship was fun.
Speaker 3: My uncle was a pip. He's out in the fields but just picked cotton fum that.
Speaker 2: He said about always having the holes like, so that was good man.
Speaker 4: I can't think of what it was he said, but he's like old always.
Speaker 3: But when he when he when it came time to actually play serious, he was really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's when we went to the war, uh part of it because.
Speaker 2: He was going to Hunter College and Heed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he flunked out of Hunter College, so he ended up joining the recontent they were having that conversation, Anthony and Skipp had that conversation because we didn't know he was there, could show everybody's cleon du get other people and then that's you know, we see Skip like what the.
Speaker 2: Hell, why is he doing that?
Speaker 1: And then they did the whole warship and then we found out that that's why he was there.
Speaker 4: So I love how he was to get and then they showed his personality change post war and then on drugs like it was the good acting.
Speaker 1: Part of it, Like he did a really good job with that. Yeah, how did you guys, What did you guys think about how they kind of portrayed like the war the Hughes brothers.
Speaker 5: So so that's that again. I know I was the one that said that this. So it wasn't that I didn't like it. I just felt like this part ran a little too long for me, Like just just a little too long for me. I would have liked not not necessarily a montage, maybe more of a montage mixed with some of the important parts, but all of the like the intestines and all that.
Speaker 2: Like, I just didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like, I think, blow all of this ride because you have to show them being there living, even something that's small as buzzed.
Speaker 5: I think I already got that context when I when I when I think of war in nineteen ninety five though right, well, weren't not in nineteen ninety because there weren't that many movies like this, especially that were this brutal.
Speaker 2: I could have I mean, you have Platoon. I don't know what you're that came out. You had war movies, right, yeah, you have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to presumed you had a few good men, Like it's like my idea of war.
Speaker 2: But it's already that the intention.
Speaker 3: People watching those glory black people.
Speaker 2: Are watching on the battlefield.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but I already had that idea that they over there killing and all that, Like I already have that and they going through post traumatic uh.
Speaker 2: Stress stress. I really think this stress or to understand I trying to think of.
Speaker 1: I think you really need just to understand and I think you need to spend time with them to understand.
Speaker 2: The back end part of the movie.
Speaker 5: Yes, it felt like a different movie than me. And that's the part I've always had issue with. It just felt like a different movie. It's like that, it just felt like a different move.
Speaker 4: I think to me that was part of the brilliance of it because it took us out of their normal world and threw them in war and that's what Yeah, and then we go back and then we show how it affects everything from the people they love you to you to like drug addiction. I think it was really good because that used to irritate me at first, but watching it this time made me appreciate it because they I ain't gonna say they was living like a perfect life, but they had they were in the community, like he was running numbers, he was around people, he had the girl that he loved, and then you just get plucked out of it and threw into a white man's war.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: I just felt like it ran a little too long for me, Like yeah, yeah, it just it just felt like a different movie. But we saw Anthony, we saw his experience, we saw him go through a lot, and only what he went through personally, but witness and others.
Speaker 2: Cleon was a preacher's son, be headed a person and carriage.
Speaker 3: That that seems like a different movie than me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was supposed to the exactly because because even as an audience, we had to readjust when they went back just like they had And I just didn't like that for me a YouTube video you watched me, No, I just was that was good.
Speaker 4: I was surprised, like I didn't remember liking it this much like I watched it this time, and that's what I was like, Damn, this was really And we.
Speaker 3: Have to kill one of his fellow soldiers, yes, because he was begging to die.
Speaker 2: You know who that was? Right? Who did Embrigio? Oh?
Speaker 4: Michael Imperioli from Sopranos, Christopher Christal Oh.
Speaker 2: Dying right, just like that too.
Speaker 1: But but you see Cleon, Cleon became a completely different person.
Speaker 2: That was the only way for him to survive.
Speaker 1: Skip. We see our Skip ended up on drugs because that was his way of coping.
Speaker 2: And then he had hr V that was flying Agent orange. Yeah, it was Agent Orange. Wait HIV winning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't catch you either, know about this.
Speaker 2: Chris Tucker is a character. He said. I caught him over there.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he was talking about he was talking about like his blood cells are different Agent Orange.
Speaker 1: I only know because I looked it up when I was preparing for the show, and they said it was a chemical substance.
Speaker 2: Agent orange is what he had.
Speaker 3: Never I just didn't think that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a damn, I'll be quiet. Yeah, I know how you knew. It's like.
Speaker 2: It was way too close to Agent Orange, not HIV.
Speaker 5: No, no, okay, I don't even HV because he was he said he was sucking people and all.
Speaker 2: That, and well that's the them in the boom or whatever he said.
Speaker 3: I can see that making sense why you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but yeah, only that's at least that's what what I what I read is they said that he had and that was a kind of thing that was going on, this chemical warfare that was going on. I thought, like you two, that it was PTSD, Anthony had PTSD, Skip had a different issue, which was the agent orange stuff.
Speaker 3: They made that clear then, because they they didn't. I didn't ever think it.
Speaker 2: Was agent I didn't either, and they never said anything.
Speaker 3: I would have thought HIV too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, h whatever popped in my head at all. They said they didn't know what it was. And this is like what seventies or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like they came back in seventy three, seventy two.
Speaker 3: And why only did he get it because agent orange that it was usually everybody around you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure other people got it. But and I didn't look up to see where they got there from.
Speaker 2: Why they even how they even know that?
Speaker 1: Because initially I wrote down when he said, yeah, I got some shit, I don't even know what it was. I thought he was talking about mentally PTSD, And I looked up when was PTSD officially dot It was nineteen it was around the eighties, nineteen eighties, so so I was like, Okay, then that would make sense for them to not be able to classify of you know, but then they say agent Ona Like okay.
Speaker 2: But I just didn't bothered.
Speaker 1: Digging into it because the movie didn't really spend a lot of time with it.
Speaker 2: It was just he just said it.
Speaker 3: This says that he was talking about getting fucked up on drugs. M This says that the disease he was talking about was a heroin addiction.
Speaker 2: But this is also yeah, I mean, we know he had a heroin addiction, but he was talking about something else. It seemed like he was very clear about like it was.
Speaker 3: But he could he could have started doing heroin over there, Well he was doing drugs, Well, think about it. In the hood, dudes weren't doing heroin. So maybe he got hooked on heroin while he was in the.
Speaker 1: But I think it was already established that he was a drug addict. And then it seemed like he was speaking about something something separately. Maybe, but I again, they they just kind of said it and moved on. Yeah, the one thing we saw over and over again was that he was just on drugs. I mean the first time we seen when we were back with him, is that he just sending them shaking and shit Wikipedia, I think he had agent Warrens on there, but you know you can have you know, you know. But anyway, but I think with the war scene, it was just it was a lot that happened. We saw a dude bump explode basically blow up. We saw Skip just shell shot like he couldn't even fucking move.
Speaker 5: Look, it was done very well, like this Warship was done very well. Like I said, it just felt like a whole nother movie. It was done that well to me, like the whole movie could have been about that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It felt like two different movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and kind of Spike saying like even his mom where Anthony was talking, where he had to detach from everything, like even he wouldn't even look at his daughter because he was like the only way he's the only way I've been able to survive here in.
Speaker 2: Twenty six months.
Speaker 1: It's just like nothing ever exists and and yeah, been in the bush. But but yeah, but anyway, was there was there anything during the war scene that stood out to you guys, any memorable moments.
Speaker 3: The head Dave Chapelle not want to put the head away.
Speaker 2: He was right though that he did bring him looks unless he got rid of it.
Speaker 3: And he got rid of it. That motherfucker got blown up and then once his face got shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet that's stunk, like holy hell. Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: He was one of my favorite characters.
Speaker 5: Man, I like to it is he always inderrated. I think be kean wood Mine isn't underrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he was shooting dead bro and then he took the Dugans I think the sergeant to heart. He was like, yeah, just taking the supernirs, like he walked through to somebody, just shot somebody.
Speaker 2: B he was yeah, yeah, wow yeah in his book bag and just this dude is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah that was that was That was That was pretty pretty intense.
Speaker 2: And then that was the black Man Go Home propaganda fly that.
Speaker 3: Was going on time, but that was like a real thing.
Speaker 4: And drop them in the battlefield yea, they that in that war.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but you just.
Speaker 1: Saw like the things that they had to do to survive, like their loss of innocence because I remember these are kids, you know, they're sort of moral decay with cleon and just their coping mechanisms that when we come back home in nineteen seventy three. Also in nineteen seventy one, Marvin Gay wrote What's going on? That's playing in some of the songs too, So they come back two years later.
Speaker 2: This school about this was great.
Speaker 5: That's one of my most memorable things about that Presidents is the soundtrack.
Speaker 4: Yep, I remember I found some old songs, like my first time watching.
Speaker 1: We People who Are Darkening Blue Curtis Mayfield that one. Yeah, yeah, but we get back in nineteen seventy three. Man, you know, hey, I guess Cleon had already made back. That also took photos and stuff and Cleon puts it, I guess on his face or whatever. But they come back home skips an addict Jose's of Power Maniac.
Speaker 2: He blew up his hand? Uh what was up that? Did?
Speaker 3: That only confuse me? It was okay, he blew up his hands. That was Was that supposed to be a fake hand?
Speaker 2: It was supposed to be but he was moving the hell out of it.
Speaker 3: Was drink drink with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was supposed to be a prosthetic.
Speaker 3: I was confused. Did he just burn the hand up or was the hand supposed to be completely gone? And that was face.
Speaker 5: So it's like it's like it was two different things. Like at first it was fake, but then later it like it was just burned up.
Speaker 2: Because he showed it to him, He's like, what it looked looked fake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look later on when he was drinking a drink, it's burned up. It just looked burned up. So that what I'm saying, no, hand was like one. But I think that's Matt might be just a plot apply what's it called like whatever, like like if I'm a stake, Like, yeah, I think so. I think it started off as a prosthetic and then later it.
Speaker 2: Just was hand.
Speaker 3: I think he forgot because remember the card.
Speaker 2: That it wasn't supposed to be in the car? Didn't he set it on fire? I think he said one of his fingers on fire, put yours out walked a pretty big mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was confused by that too, but I just kind of let it go because you know, but yeah, because he had that gun at the.
Speaker 5: End, like he had to shoot the ship.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably started off as a crossteady.
Speaker 2: Hand and it's like later, well this ain't gonna work. We need to make it a burn hend because he even had to do the barn thing. He wouldn't you can't do one hand?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and Cleon went went and became a preacher. So anything notable about their post war transformations, uh, that was yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Was just like, man, he is really doing a good fucking jomb man. He went from like Talking Ship but being like this playful guy to Talking Ship being this borderline scary.
Speaker 2: Guy, insane person. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love how like he deflated. He was when he ran up on my high excited with hey mareen, and then he he was like, oh man, it was just he was genuine sadness from Rinz take care.
Speaker 2: So I liked that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And in four years Kirby was playing the cops. The cops you know, of course, you know, tried to check him down more money.
Speaker 2: He just said fuck it.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not gonna pay for the kids college twitch. So you know, he just kind of was hanging around because he thought he was gonna go back to it because he can't find work.
Speaker 2: He's unemployed.
Speaker 1: He can't find work, you know, and he's a war hero. But them motherfuckers that don't care about it, like you know, cowboy was just kind of mocking and making fun of him and ship like that. Yeah, he Hey, Rod, did they use spight Lee sitting at the shot when he was going to see Kirby for the first time.
Speaker 2: Wasn't even like it?
Speaker 3: He was floating, Yeah, y'all biting bro.
Speaker 5: It wasn't quite spike Lye shot, but it was very yeah, okay, right, the.
Speaker 2: Little dolly move.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you got that's his signature that he goes to Juana though, and she's running around with Cudding.
Speaker 1: Mike was Wasanita wrong? It was Anthony wrong to leave when he saw that roach walking on the wall.
Speaker 3: No, I'd have left to the nasty ass. Eper, I'd have fucking left. He got my kid up here as a fucking roach walking around your nasty ass. I'm like a worry about Cuddy right now?
Speaker 1: What the.
Speaker 3: I was disgusted.
Speaker 2: And they had the sound effects of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know, it's been great about it.
Speaker 4: Nasty as was that after he pulled up on him, After Cutty pulled up on him though in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because because she kept trying to introduce him to Cudding.
Speaker 3: None of that ship he did. What did you can roll up on the lollipop though, and they zoomed in on you like a lot.
Speaker 5: Of talk ship you could pulled up and gave his girl to one of the dollars. Dude pressing, Yeah, like press on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was real, he was really so when she's hooking, I think I don't think she was.
Speaker 5: I think he just you know, yeah, it was just Yeah, he's a little little little daughter.
Speaker 2: And I'm mad too, Yeah, already to be mad. But she hadn't heard from him.
Speaker 3: I don't give a funk. You got my daughter around him. Now you got a right back woman. Tell you she prayed shot raise, you got my daughter.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what. You don't know what?
Speaker 3: You know that by Pimby And the second that kid gets sixteen, what you think is gonna happen? He's gonna try to engage.
Speaker 2: It's not in the long term plan. You gotta trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Figure right how to get my daughter wake from upim.
Speaker 2: The right of this was good because you can see it both ways.
Speaker 3: You can you can see it both ways, especially when what happened later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because he first man a lot of got the throw going, and she's basically telling me that he's being brainwashing like that.
Speaker 2: I like her. I like, yeah, yeah, she was under developed though, tell you that, you know that's funny. I had a question about that she was under developed. I think they could have did more with her.
Speaker 3: I thought her inclusion was perfect.
Speaker 2: No, the inclusion was great, but I just feel like they could have did more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also saw cow Boy thought that this was the same old Anthony.
Speaker 2: Why Bro, Bro, these guys are freaking killers.
Speaker 3: Bro didn't notice his mustache, that's the problem. Mother fucking like that. Come back with a mustache like that.
Speaker 5: Don't say you don't trust the black man with just a mustache. Terren Tower should have know heard.
Speaker 2: Mother got a mustache?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Right, he whooped his ass?
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: He don't play with me, Bro. This man was in the Vietnam War. He kills people and came back. Yeah he made it.
Speaker 2: If he made it back, you know, he a bad motherfucker. Didn't make it back light skin like that with.
Speaker 3: A curly little privilege right with a pool stick?
Speaker 2: God damn ye was that his baby? Was that Cuddy baby?
Speaker 3: That was his baby?
Speaker 2: I think it was his baby, that was his baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it was because Cuddy. It kind of implied that Cuddy came around later, but who knows, who knows? Who knows? I see why you would ask that.
Speaker 2: He was asking that, and I thought, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a fair question though the way Cuddy was act, that's a fair question.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Remember Yeah, five months later, she's pregnant.
Speaker 1: She's on his ass about getting a better job, like she is like laying into him.
Speaker 3: Oh you're talking about the second baby. Yeah, oh I never even thought. I thought about the first baby, the first.
Speaker 2: The first one was here is the second one? Like, I don't know, was Cuddy still around?
Speaker 4: He know, he was like, you lay with me? But where you go when I ain't around? And she admitted to us, well, I don't know if she was just mad or what, but she was like yeah, I'm fucking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because remember she was crazy. Yeah, he had the job. Then he got the guy to close on the shop. He lost his job, which leads to how we got to the whole seeing and stuff like that. Even prior to that, we saw Jose Joe cut Kirby and Anthony Ryan around in the car basically talking about this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Seems like a dumb play. It did listening to this.
Speaker 4: Dumb playing poorly executed like this was man everything they got they deserve, Like, Bro, you.
Speaker 2: Said, you don't know what they listened too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just because you were in in the military don't mean you're sucking some kind of tactical genius. And the and the way he was laying it out, I'm like, y'all listen to this fool.
Speaker 2: Though they had to be tactical in his unit, it seemed okay.
Speaker 3: The second he said, look, we're gonna put white makeup on our faces, I'm like, you know, we're not listening to you. You're stupid. You're fucking stupid. We're gonna put white makeup on our face and then run away. You gonna who's not gonna see you with.
Speaker 2: A white white face with a black.
Speaker 3: Man in the hood running around with white makeup on.
Speaker 2: It, like moms. Not practical yet the idea was good, just the plan was done.
Speaker 3: Just get a mask, get a mask, and have a better plans, That's what I'm saying. Why they listening to him?
Speaker 5: And its like it took a lot of time to apply that look, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder what was the idea? I need to read up on that, Like why did they go that route with the.
Speaker 3: Military, because military does not like that though, not like that.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, but Anthony was going through it.
Speaker 1: He was having uh nightmares and ship waking up and I needed was so damn fucking dirty, bro.
Speaker 3: What she wants some dig he wouldn't give it to her.
Speaker 5: It's not that because I'm pregnant. Yeah, it's not that far.
Speaker 1: It was when he lost his job and he came home and he was he was he was walking.
Speaker 2: U GK. Bro, and he's walking He's walking up. See. He like to blame me, but he prolo gave him the food.
Speaker 1: The food he walking home and Cuddy walking out the damn building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god, Cuddy smacked the ship out.
Speaker 5: Of that It was so cold it was I thought he was really about to walk off.
Speaker 2: You can't trust he did.
Speaker 3: Like with bride knuckle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he turned around and yeah with the ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Cuddy was was was validated in that in that punch.
Speaker 2: You think so he was. He was talking mass ship, bro.
Speaker 3: But Cuddy wasn't. At first. He was just like he man, if you ever need something, man.
Speaker 7: Was it was how he was saying that he was talking, but damn b he was he was talked to another grown man like that exactly.
Speaker 2: He's talking to him like broken, not you're gonna take care of me. You can't do it?
Speaker 3: You got or not?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 2: Hey, he's like little man. I know how proud he is.
Speaker 3: He was trying to give him some game that was that was, yeah.
Speaker 2: Your girl in the last time.
Speaker 3: And then how that scene in the show that right, like how she fucked you, How she sucked you? She wasn't doing that before. Man, open them my fucking.
Speaker 2: Spell, bro, he did he heard that?
Speaker 3: This man talked to me like that. I don't give a take your ass back over there.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 4: The face paint was a not to Vietnam protests, particularly black veterans protesting the one seventy one.
Speaker 1: Because fighting the white man's war. And I guess put it on the white white damn.
Speaker 3: That's that's why he got rated low because all the white people were like, this is white face and this is racist.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but he was so good man power, That's that's that's the actor, the power. He was great. He was a rock. Yeah, that's great. He was great. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I thought this was it represented characters delusionment and anger at the system that had filled them, both veterans and black men.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. So after he got his as smacked down by a pimp down the stairs, all the meat fell out by that was a problem. That wouldn't that. Yeah, it wasn't really checking that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna keep that in. He's like, I suht that.
Speaker 2: That's why it was tearing, right, he was.
Speaker 8: He was hurt for real, and then he gotta deal with dude talk about open. He was hurt for real, shooting all his decisions, shoot me and that was that was.
Speaker 2: And after all that, you go in the house and this woman is man giving it to him.
Speaker 1: She said, the only time I can hold you is when you have no bro or however, she said that she was so fucked up bro.
Speaker 2: She was right.
Speaker 3: I don't know because because PTSD people didn't understand it yet. So all she knew is he wasn't having sex with her. He wasn't being like emotional with her. I can imagine that she gets tiring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, but you broke, and you broke and came on the job, she said. She said, you're gonna get that money back.
Speaker 5: She was like, even if I wanted to give it back, what do you mean you want if you want to right, not giving that.
Speaker 2: Money back your girl give you back.
Speaker 3: First of all, you can't make your girl do ship. But as I wouldn't even ask Ken, no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kind of need that money.
Speaker 6: You need the money the baby didn't need, especially since you spilled on them damn groceries falling down the fucking stairs. You clearly need that money about give it back that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And so I so, I don't know if you were talking about earlier.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she was just saying that to piss him off about sleeping with But I couldn't tell Spice.
Speaker 2: She took a little step too far. That's what made him snap. Yeah what did she say?
Speaker 3: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: So she said, uh, yeah, I'm fucking if that's what you want to hear. So I was, I don't know a woman be slick with that ship the.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up, am fucking he's better than you with your fucking.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was cussing him out. Brother, man. Black women cuts you out as different different that I don't know. It's just they go to the depths of hell like they going to the depth.
Speaker 4: You'll be thinking about it three four days like I believe he said that, God damn, you won't funk me.
Speaker 2: The only time I get the hold waking up and coase bro that was that that was a good thing. And then uh, but but she regretted that ship. He went too far.
Speaker 3: He talked her like three times.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't let it go, let it go, like, don't you leave.
Speaker 9: Anthony's acting in these were like power lefl this some type ghosts right here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You know the the contrast between the two because at that point then he goes he runs into the snake Turner Cadre and some guy gave him a flower, and then he ran into Delia Delilah that the Yes, that was a sister who was a black revolutionary.
Speaker 2: I thought the contrast.
Speaker 1: Between the two sisters interesting ones a black revolution and the others messing around with a pimp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, they meet and hook him. I thought they were going to hook up.
Speaker 3: I didn't thought they the way I thought they did. I feel like that's a missing scene somewhere. Yeah, I thought they did. Seems like right, I feel like I thought the impression was he hooked. They must have cut that part out. Yeah that I'm saying. I think they might have filmed that and just didn't put it in there for whatever. They didn't want to make him seem like an over bad guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's probably because, Yeah, that's what it was a little because she kissed him in when he came back from from.
Speaker 2: The war, like there you go, welcome back. Yeah that was weird too, where you got surprised she joined the heist.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was well, she was in that made it didn't really make any sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again like underdeveloped for me, And that was what made me think that he hooked up with her because she was like why would else would she be there?
Speaker 5: That would and he was really hurt, not saying that he shouldn't be hurt. Yeah, way he was holding and the emotion that's saying I think something they deleted the same. Yeah, that would make sense.
Speaker 1: You guys talking about the execution of this whole thing, and then prior to that there planning the whole thing out and Craby was like, we need another guy. I can't remember why, but they decided to go get Cleon. That's when the rest of the viewers that.
Speaker 2: Is a preacher.
Speaker 4: They needed somebody that lies on the corner. Yeah, they needed they probably another person. Yeah, because he was a junkie, but he ended up being the one that was saved that he was going to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you gotta talking about the heights and spike. You said it was stupid. It looked it looked like.
Speaker 1: They had this ship planned out, bro, the guy under under the Great or whatever that ship. Look, I thought that was that was that was I thought it was stupid.
Speaker 4: How they like blew the whole truck, this whole Yeah, he putting on he's a power Yeah, so the plant was just to blow off the dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's he's gone right right, you know from the war. Okay, so you just and then you had them to you had them to look out in the d the cop messed it up.
Speaker 2: And the cop messed up because he was a fellow. They never planned for him. Yeah, they never planned for him. I feel like he could have killed that conversation. Though he didn't do a good job.
Speaker 3: How well you have two military guys, I could have just ye my face, bro, my homebody can pick me up, don't worry.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he told him, he told the bad live. I waited for the bus, right, but we found out the reason why he was being so helpful was because of what ro military.
Speaker 2: That's what they do. How did you know that marine had a patch on Jack? So he just worked the wrong outfit. That was good writing that. I was okay because he was.
Speaker 1: Really trying to be helpful. And then uh, and then everything went down. But what about Delilah's death?
Speaker 2: Was that predictable coming?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: When I first watched this, I didn't know she was gonna I'm gonna die like that.
Speaker 4: Nobody had to die, So yeah, I thought it was gonna be smoking, Yeah, smoking ship, That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: That's not there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I thought when she jumped up out of the track carbage, it's one of the most iconic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was fire.
Speaker 5: That was fire cinema, I think, like, yeah, not even just on some black ship, but the ship just looked.
Speaker 2: Gangster the fact man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, Cleon talking about skip and he wanted to ended up freezing up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but nah, this this whole thing with the ship quick and uh but they got away. Dela got shot, Jose almost got away.
Speaker 3: And what's his face got shot?
Speaker 4: Took Yeah, you got running on top of the cars was insane.
Speaker 2: Why why would you.
Speaker 4: Run on top of them, calls stop, they bring too much attention. You slo running on top of cars and running on flat.
Speaker 2: That didn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that part felt this part felt rushed to me. The heights, Yeah, I feel like they spend more time on the war stuff than the heist.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and show how fast everything like these are the repercussions of the war, and you know, it's just also reflection of how they treat just veterans and black veterans just in general. This guy can't get a job. The community we see is declining. When they came back, Skip said, white people are moving out. Also, he also mentioned that when he was talking about the stuff that was in him, Anthony said, we looked at him it was like and thought it was heroin.
Speaker 2: He was like, no, it's not heroin, because I know what that feels like. He said that in the movie. Yeah, I looked it up.
Speaker 3: I saw another thing while you were talking that said Agent Orange. I just wish they would have been clear about that. I never would have picked it up unless you if you hadn't said it.
Speaker 2: I just found out last night. I never would have picked it up either.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe they wanted to wanted it to be vague, just to kind of reflect the times.
Speaker 3: I don't know that maybe, yeah, maybe because he wouldn't have known what Agent Orange was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but they got away. Man, they can't get but sixty grand. But it doesn't that's a lot of money, bro. They did a bet for two dollars, that's true, and.
Speaker 3: Got beat down over it.
Speaker 2: Point points. They got three hundred k. And that's the money that wasn't burnt because this fool it supposed to got a lot more. Split five away your sixty untraceable.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was like, I can't believe they're gonna which again were talking about the Argentina story. They have to burn all that ship up when so many people could use that money, you know, But either way, I.
Speaker 3: Go Chapelle, gonna go snitch.
Speaker 1: He felt guilty though, and they could see him unraveling. I think Kirby, Kirby should have picked up on that shot.
Speaker 3: Should because he was giving away money. He started doing that, they should have grabbed him and killed him.
Speaker 2: Well, he was. He was show signs of guilt at the table, but he was like, well, we could just take your cut. He was like, nah, too far. He's like, Lord, can find some good use for it, which is what he thought he was doing.
Speaker 1: Like it was to him it was blood money, right, yeah, but yeah, Kirby just didn't get to him in time.
Speaker 2: Well, no, Kirby was right. Anthony wanted to go talk to him quick.
Speaker 1: He did.
Speaker 2: He grabbed that pin, they gave him a burger was over.
Speaker 1: She wanted to know boss, and they almost got away with it, and then we see Skips over dosed.
Speaker 2: I was white crazy scene that was watching Johnny Carson, which.
Speaker 1: You take the song tired of being along, you know, and use that and referenced to come from the war alone like man, just a small little thing, bro. But but I think I think Cleon's portrayal makes sense though, given his guilt that it was, Yeah, I feel like he would have been it was giving out money too, yeah, but it wasn't a lot he was giving.
Speaker 2: Even told him that's too much like Skip.
Speaker 1: He was like, you said, it's still in free talks, and then that was it. I think at that point they get arrested because they were about to leave.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I just wish they would have got away, but it wouldn't have really made the larger point they were trying to make the movie, but but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they busted.
Speaker 1: And then you have the hallways scene, which I think is really dope when you take this black man in the middle surrounded by police guns pointed on them.
Speaker 3: That scene was so funny to me because if they were pointing their guns, there was people like putting their guns over the shoulders. I know, the cops point their guns. I'm like, bro, y'all chill out because if any of you fire, there's other cops on the other end. But that scene is still an iconic scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's definitely a reflection of it in that time and at times now a reflection of black men, you know, black people, you know in America, this whole system and institution which leads us to the courtroom.
Speaker 3: Wait, when Cuddy was trying to fight him off with a pool stick, Yeah yeah, yah, I'm like, bro, if you don't do because one, he didn't have no reason to pick a poo. They were leased, they was walking out the door. He just randomly picked up the pol.
Speaker 5: But he didn't see them yet. Mean, that's told him, he said, I don't think so. Yes, he picked it up, and he told him to run away.
Speaker 2: Him try to hold him off.
Speaker 5: But you're right about the pool stick. You might right about that. He have to pick up a stick, yeah, he I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought they were talking, and he picked it up, and they were doing they let's get out of here, and when as it were walking out, he picked it up.
Speaker 2: He picked it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the cops were coming down the stairs, he grabbed the stick like he was going to use that. The fight got you, like, they have guns, dude.
Speaker 5: And why would you not think round y'all, one, leg y'all run. There was just a step too slow, step too slow.
Speaker 2: Man, and that could work to work too.
Speaker 1: But the courtroom scene, I think is a really interesting scene. And the ending of the movie. I think it's a real interesting scene and trying that the title of the movie where you have this guy basically pleading trying to use, you know, is his veteran status to gain favor and gave it, gave him life, and not only that, fussed that cut.
Speaker 2: Him off, Like, look, first of all, right, there I served as a marine and he's a disgrace. He said he served in the real war. That that part too was fucked up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it was just I thought that that line about I served in the real war was deep because the way that people looked at the Vietnam War is not really being a warm So I thought, actually, oh yeah, they even back then everyone was protesting the war because we had no business going over there. It was basically not basically it was kind of like the same sort of situation with like the Middle East and all that. They're like, why are y'all over there?
Speaker 2: So other veterans look at the veterans. I didn't know that. That's why muhammad A want to go on all of you. I knew about the war.
Speaker 4: As far as the protesting people notting it, I didn't know within the community of veterans that they looked at that like fake boy.
Speaker 2: I thought they respected the war as war.
Speaker 3: No, they just mean it wasn't really a war. It was a fucking beat down America went over there and got their ask fucking with these goddamn viet Cong.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so.
Speaker 3: They I know, it just sounds weird.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so yeah, what he said, I was in the real war.
Speaker 1: He said, I have decency, dedication, and honor, And he said he gave him fifteen to life.
Speaker 2: This bro, he was so mad.
Speaker 3: Bro, what not all this motherfucking country man.
Speaker 4: Oh Man in the Judge of Famous acting play, Yeah, that was another under utilization.
Speaker 2: What's his name? He played the president?
Speaker 3: Saw it?
Speaker 2: He played the President and which I just saw it, Mike, Oh my god, I saw last night, mar she Da Yeah, yep, yeah. But it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So but he's talking about, like again, you got to think about the opportunity that's afforded him, especially in the seventies. You can come back for war. You're one of the very few white people also that's able to come back for war to go on to be a judge. There are a lot of other white people that are still being shipped on as well. It's just for black people is definitely much harder. This was a man that was working for his country on light skip because Skip had all the money. Skip had every single damn government check you could think of, to mailbox three times a week, so he didn't really have to do it. So he was straight, but he paid for it because of the age of Orange, the addiction and stuff that he had, and you know, he lost his job through unfortunate circumstances because of the economy, and he resorted to a lot of this heights, so the opportunity were not there for him. And then at the end of the movie we see him on a bus going to jail with nothing but black people.
Speaker 2: Crazy enything, bro damn man at all? No, I think it was it was. It was. It was sad, it was, it was. It was an accurate depiction of and you think about like like.
Speaker 5: The nobody you get that off exactly, the added layer of dead presidents, right, because this country was set up by.
Speaker 1: Presidents that was built for white people, you know. So you have the title which has more than one meaning to it as well. So and then you end with the black people going to jail basically being institutionalized and being going back to uh plantation.
Speaker 2: Bro ship was great stop, Oh my god, last because this man right here, Yes, and I think I.
Speaker 1: Perfectly uh visualized and emphasized the point that they were trying to make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was always a fucking slave man. He was a slave in the fucking white man's army. He was a slave in the hood.
Speaker 2: And what happened.
Speaker 3: No, that's been doing it all. It's just like right here, it's like why are you you have no fucking idea of personal space?
Speaker 1: Like, well, were you're done, might just real quick, underrated gym? Is this movie underrated gym or cult class?
Speaker 3: I think I could see it being labeled an underrated gym just because it really is a deep movie. And even with the heightst being so stupid, that still makes sense because they were all so desperate that they were just like, I'll give it a shot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's mislabeled as a heist movie. I don't think that's what it is. And I used to and that's what my issue is. Yeah, I used to look at it as like one of those bank robber movies. But now looking at it older, watching it this time, oh shit, this ain't even about that. I guess about just the whole like a coming of age story. Damn nearing how America. It was brilliant.
Speaker 2: I loved it on this watch.
Speaker 1: Last question. You can answer that if you wanted to. Do you think Dead Presidents get the recognition it deserves?
Speaker 5: I like, when I saw the reviews when we open up, I was like, I was really surprised that it had got rated as low as it was, because I never looked at it as a low rated movie. I thought I had my issues with it, sure, but and I'm just joking about the taller person of but but nah, Like I've always always been up there. It's always been one of those ones, like you know, to me, Like it's not like I said, quite boys in the hood and men's society.
Speaker 2: But I don't think it's that.
Speaker 5: I think after especially after reviewing, this is a lot deeper than that, and it touched on other things in our society and black and black folks. So I think it's an important movie in our history of black movie, especially.
Speaker 2: For you brothers. All Right, we'll leave it there.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you guys, and we'll cut you guys in next time. We off. Peace,