Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: It was good, y'all, welcome to another frames per Second episode. Man, today we're having a conversation. This came out like a little bit after we recorded last week. I feel like somebody brought it up though before we left. Right right said other day we're finished recording, wrapping up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I was thinking. But yeah, man, I'm your host.
Speaker 2: Rod to the right of mean of the voice you heard just now was Kenneth Bing's what's something? One start up across from him, he got Spike Man with Navana shirt. Y'all Patroon supporters, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: See the rock boys.
Speaker 1: Over there next to him down with the discipline shirt.
Speaker 4: I like the shirt, Okay, I just don't like the smells like smells like teen spirits.
Speaker 1: He looked up before he came in. You know, we got start trap.
Speaker 3: Look up his shirt bumping some smells like right to the essential skin.
Speaker 1: Hey what you gotta do?
Speaker 3: Man? But yeah, man, we're here to talk about this the controversy.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Like I said, it happened like right after our recording, like it happened a day up. So you know we're we're we like we're we are we like on this but it's still going on though. It's still yeah yeah, yeah, because they just did something of the na A A CP and it's been addressed there. But we'll go through all of that. But yeah, just to kind of give it a little background on what happened. So yeah, at the Bafter Bafter Film Awards, John Davidson, he actually was being awarded there by a BIB pic called I Swear, but he involuntarily shot a slurred doing Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan and Delroy's Lindo speech. He said, he said, it was like, was it just nigger? I thought it was more? He said what else?
Speaker 1: He said, I don't know, you hosted, can't it's just racial slur. Everything says it's just racial slur.
Speaker 4: I think he said nigga bitch. Didn't he thought nigga nigga.
Speaker 3: But anyway, he had he suffers with Rett syndrome.
Speaker 2: Uh, and that's what the movie was, you know, essentially about that's a that's based on his life or whatever.
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, it stirred up. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it was going to be going on as long, but it stirred up a bit of a fuss and in like not only in the movie industry, but just around just in general. Can't like what what was your what did.
Speaker 3: You hear about it?
Speaker 1: Like what was your thoughts on I know, just the way he was looking at.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, okay, okay, try to get me.
Speaker 4: Can't read up on the fee you try to be PC.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not. But what when I first saw it? I think the first question that came to mind for me is where in the hell are you saying that?
Speaker 1: And why?
Speaker 6: Like how is that part of your your vernacular? Like you know what, like you're running around the house. Was it part of the script where you recently auditioned for a Tarantino films?
Speaker 1: Like what the hell happened?
Speaker 6: Like how did this become part of one of the things that you just randomly just blurt out? I think that's part of the condition, though, what that you just see something that you just call it what it is?
Speaker 1: Like that's what I'm saying. It's like if some things triggered it.
Speaker 6: So seeing black people was a trigger for him to say nigger, Like.
Speaker 1: I see black people and that's the word.
Speaker 4: The first thing to come to mind is joking around, like but let can't cook for a bit.
Speaker 1: So I was trying to say, no, no, he don't need I.
Speaker 4: Keep telling y'all, I keep telling y'all, holes don't need to be saved.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Let them do what they do.
Speaker 2: Get back on the pole, kids, nous. So you don't know what No, I know what is?
Speaker 1: You just say random ship, but nigger is part of it. It's not always random.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so there's a filter in your brain that they don't have. The stuff that keep the filter is not to say nigger. Well, any word that you genuinally, genuinely wouldn't say.
Speaker 7: It's an unacceptable word, like you know how we you might see a gay person and you know that if this person over here yells the f slur, that's fucked up, you might think that right, Whereas with tourett's.
Speaker 1: A social filter basically, but.
Speaker 7: Only a certain percent of people with touretts, like the people like when you're talking about the guy in your movie theater, I forgot what you said. You're just yelling sh That's one form of turets. But there's another form of turets, where if there is a socially unacceptable word, they will say it, not voluntarily it just happens.
Speaker 1: Like if they see a woman, they might be like.
Speaker 7: Bitch, cunt, But it's not because they want to call her a bitch or a cunt.
Speaker 1: It's just that's what happens.
Speaker 4: They just don't have the filter in their brain to tell them not to say it, so it just automatically comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think he's running around the house just saying that ship ship.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I really know, I don't think so so.
Speaker 1: But when he don't see exactly, that's what I think that happens.
Speaker 6: But if you if black people around the funk out, is that what we're saying.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's how it works.
Speaker 1: That's really how it works.
Speaker 3: That's the disease.
Speaker 4: So I think that's part of the backlass in the conversation where people would giving him bail and they was, excuse me, disorder.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, yeah, but that's how it works.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you can catch it like a white person can be like nigger. Should I call a little bit of the right. You can't funk me up for that.
Speaker 4: You're right, good point, disorder exactly me be very clear. But I think that's why they give him the graces they give them because.
Speaker 1: That's just I'm education on social turetts.
Speaker 6: I didn't there are varying versions of it, yeah, you know, like you know, you know so, but nevertheless.
Speaker 2: Some black people don't care about all that ship I'm one of them, so I'm just damn that's kind of yeah, you know, never mind.
Speaker 4: But that's a part of trip. I don't understand what you mean when you say you want of them, like you don't give him. I blame more so the people who, yeah, like it was a two hour delay they have and they didn't cut that out, and it was other stuff that they cut out, but they felt like it was acceptable to have Nigga Yield in the background with Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan's and what's his name? Also Palestine.
Speaker 4: You can cut out Oconola, you're right, well sorry since I'm mispronouncing your name.
Speaker 7: But they took her saying free Palestine out. You couldn't take out buddy saying nigger bitch or nigger whatever the.
Speaker 3: Yo like a quick little't you that's quick? Right? Yeah, they could have did that because it.
Speaker 7: Wasn't even like it was super loud, like you could have easily. I mean, I don't even do audio or I could have fucking did that ship?
Speaker 3: They didn't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the part to me. No, no, no, for sure. But yeah, so that's your what's your stance on it right now?
Speaker 3: I just think they should have cut it out.
Speaker 4: I can't blame him for his just his disorder, and they prefaced it over. I think the loud speakers that you know, he would he would be here because they were celebrating this movie and they let people know that they may be outburst throughout the night.
Speaker 3: They did. And I think that Michael.
Speaker 1: Be Jordan, it could be. It could be either.
Speaker 4: It was both, you know so and they I think that they were very perfect as they were presenting the award to not let it, you know, wave them off of what they were doing.
Speaker 3: So couldn't be me.
Speaker 1: Here who said it first? Who said that ship? I saw that they were, they were ready. I would have broke I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like what I guess My thing too, is that, like, why did he only say when they were up there?
Speaker 3: If it was, that's that's part of it. That's part of the disorder.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what I'm saying. But so what it is about about del Roy and Michael B. That made him say versus somebody else blame again, but it was other black people presenting.
Speaker 7: Right, I don't know, but I know he definitely yelled shut the fuck up to some other people like.
Speaker 1: Particular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean there was other niggas up there.
Speaker 1: Why ain't saying that?
Speaker 6: I don't know, well, because I you know, I think it's so randomized.
Speaker 1: Not that I I haven't understand.
Speaker 6: I get that it's so randomized that that it may not have triggered for the other people. Maybe they were just so black for him, there's no doubt. Maybe a paper back brown spike.
Speaker 3: You'd have just put saying in front of it.
Speaker 2: So that yeah, that that, but that does question bring me questions and like, yeah, why.
Speaker 3: Did he say when other niggas presented? So so.
Speaker 6: Myself also is that we're there because I was waiting for like, I know you mentioned to shut the funk up thing? But where the other to your question? Where there other instances throughout the evening of him saying it to other black people we haven't had.
Speaker 1: But that could happen.
Speaker 7: But it could also be that because I mean, they're uncontrollable tics. So it could just be that the tick just didn't happen with certain black people.
Speaker 1: It just happened to happen when those.
Speaker 3: Two were up there.
Speaker 1: I don't The thing about it is, I don't see any benefit for him doing this.
Speaker 7: He's absolutely he's up there to to accept an award for a film to teach people about tourettes, which I haven't seen the film.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's you've learned a lot.
Speaker 1: They just don't give a sucks. But I don't.
Speaker 7: And and the whole thing is, I think him being there was was supposed to push the narrative that people with tourettes deserve to be in spaces and we just have to give them some grace. I don't see how this would be any benefit for him proving that point, if we should be in spaces, him purposely yelling out the N word to Michael B. Jordan Delroy Lindo does not benefit him.
Speaker 2: So he uh So, to move on from that part, he did later come out with a not necessarily an apology, but a statement. A lot of people saying they don't do it. Was a lot of people saying that they didn't see apology in it. It was just a statement saying that you know, uh.
Speaker 7: He said, this is not a word that I would ever normally say, and I didn't mean to offend anybody. What did they want him to say, like, this is what the disorder is essentially?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just explaining that it was more so just an explanation as to why it happened and not an actual apology.
Speaker 3: Are you talking that's what people? People having a talk?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about what he said or what they said after what he said? Not not the not the Bathta. Some were offended, they were they were apologetic.
Speaker 3: They're saying that, uh, Davison wasn't No, BBC was.
Speaker 4: Not apologetic, was not apology. They say sorry for I thought that was way later. They're the ones we should be mad at. That's the way I'm looking at it.
Speaker 7: We I don't really think that I forget the guy's name, but he wanted to say Jonathan Davies.
Speaker 3: John John Davidavison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't personally, and I'm not telling any other black person what to do. I don't personally have any smoke for him. All of my smoke is BBC and BAFTA, all of it.
Speaker 4: I don't think that he has to apologize on the statement, because that's the disorder. I can't apologize for having the disorder.
Speaker 2: He still could apologies. He can apologize for the for the for it.
Speaker 1: He can apologize for the harm that he caused, whether it's intention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to find his apology because I did. Did you just put yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah this yeah?
Speaker 2: So yeah, he was just like see he's deeply mortified. Uh the third paper, I was hard hardened.
Speaker 3: I was hardened. I was.
Speaker 1: What we talked about, right.
Speaker 2: I was in the tendance to celebrate the film of my life, I Swear, which more than any film or TV documentary, explains the origins, conditions, traits, and manifestations of Tourette syndrome. I've spent my life trying to support and power to rest community, and to teach empathy, kindness, and understanding from others, and I will continue to do so. I chose to leave the auditorium early to uh the ceremony as as I was aware of the distress my tics were causing. So again, I think he's explaining what he did, but he didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't apologize for the slur.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, Yeah, and that's what people have I see a lot of people having a problem with that part.
Speaker 3: It's like, dog, all you could have just said, that's cool. All you have to do.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you'll want from me.
Speaker 1: Don't bring your black around me, around me.
Speaker 4: For reason, my world just censored. If you watch my goddamn movie, you know how this goal. Yeah, he kind of said that too.
Speaker 2: He's just like, yo, that's why the movie is so important that this was promo.
Speaker 4: I saw people saying that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw people saying like, I can't win.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He's like, but really, though, just just apologize for it, bro, Just just say, look, I'm sorry. Like at the end of the day, I'm just sorry. I know it caused a lot of horm and I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I do agree with you guys, Like the more information came out. The glaring part about all of this, where no one really would have known it would have been something we have heard about was the BBC, Like, how do.
Speaker 1: You just not cut this out? It just makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 3: And why wouldn't you cut it out? It just makes no sense at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know, it ultimately falls on them. I agree with y'all, it does. It ultimately falls on them. But yeah, yeah, man, it's it's really caused a bit of a stir so. Recently there was an na A CP Awards, which obviously is a black event, and people there started addressing him. Had a comedian what's his name, He made light of the situation. If there's any white men in the room, just read the room. You can't do that. Ship here, take your medication, leave or whatever. So you know, he made he made it light of the situation. The actress from Sinners, I can't, I don't. I don't know her actual name, but she made what's her name, Jamie Lawson. She made a statement as well, saying that it was, you know, basically irresponsible of BBC back to saying that he was basically exploited.
Speaker 3: So she said they had all every.
Speaker 4: Opportunity to make this not happen, and they chose to Eric.
Speaker 3: So I thought that was a good statement.
Speaker 2: And then Derl Roy Lindo and Ryan Coogler addressed it as well when they were stepped. I think I can't remember presenting or accepting the award, but he was just saying there were just saying he appreciated all the support that he that they've been receiving for you know, what happened to them, because you could just tell on their faces. Man, if y'all haven't seen it, like they were just like I could be joining.
Speaker 6: Her to clinch his job, get on the stay because they probably didn't know, right, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Know it all night, doing it all night.
Speaker 1: He just yeah, so they probably did assume it was him.
Speaker 7: See, I didn't watch the whole thing, So when I saw it, I was like, I wouldn't have known who did it.
Speaker 4: You did assume it was him because he had been doing it. That wouldn't the first outbreak of the mind. Yeah, okay, I mean so.
Speaker 6: If and I don't know, if they have an understanding of what it is, do they have a right to be upset?
Speaker 3: Of course every black persons be upset. Yeah, I mean you hear it. You're still gonna Yeah, it's still gonna affect you. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If you dim I again, direct my anger at BBC and Bathtub because.
Speaker 1: You're talking about it.
Speaker 6: That's the pubbling talking about them when what happened to them, Like say, for instand it never got out. They know he's there, he's been doing this the whole damn night. You know something they're probably tired of hearing the ship by now. But then you get up there and then you're called this slurb by somebody who has this uncontrollable thing because of his disorder. You know, if you if you know, understand that, can you be like, well, you know, that's just that's just that's just John Davidson. Yeah, I think I think it was just the timing of it was just so it's just the way it happened, I think is what really caught them off guard. So even if you're hearing that all night, his outbursts, but then you're in the moment of Sinners, which has so much meaning to it, and he says that, it's like.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, what the hell?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, especially if you got other black people that was that was presenting before them.
Speaker 7: And you also have to consider den Roy Lindo is much older than us. So the fact that Ken didn't even know exactly how this goes.
Speaker 1: God damn well, del del Roy bought that ship. Michael B. Jordan probably body Delroy is still mad. Delay said about about none of that couple your mouth. Don't you know how they doing church?
Speaker 6: You gotta walk out there's definitely a lot of you know, you know that that's that's you know, and I feel them.
Speaker 1: You know, you know how many times have been called niggas facts a lot. That's why the n W A c P.
Speaker 6: They don't care about whatever it is, you know, like you know, you know, that's why.
Speaker 3: They say, that's why the monkeys.
Speaker 1: What what you said was anything about it monkeys?
Speaker 7: Well, what you're about to say, that's why them what No, I want to know what you was he gonna say, right, yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't know that time.
Speaker 6: What I was gonna say is there's a reason why we keep them in the back room, Spike. We keep them away from the public because we don't know how they's gonna act when they get around other folks.
Speaker 1: What I'm.
Speaker 6: But this this, but this is Sunday when you got That's why I was like, why are you gonna start with me Sunday? That was one of the things that I was that I was saying. I granted, understand he's at the public man, blah blah blah, But because Merrily like, hey, look, we're gonna keep you back here because when you get around folks, they don't know how you are, how you behave, or how they deal with it. They might not have to say some sort of tolerance. That's how we grew up, that's how we grew up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 7: But the host came out and said, like, look, we have him here and this is going to happen. I believe he said that before any of this happened, so they they should have expected something.
Speaker 1: But that does not excuse black folks.
Speaker 7: Being emotionally hurt. Yeah, triggered by somebody yelling out nigger bitch.
Speaker 4: And there's also you're absolutely right, there's a theory online as well that this is like a rage marketing campagn because when was the last time anybody talked about.
Speaker 3: Best I don't you wanted reasons? You don't even know what it is they were saying.
Speaker 4: That could be one of the reasons, because there's no reason that BBC wouldn't cut it out. But now we've been talking about this award show for the last two weeks that no one's ever mentioned.
Speaker 7: But this is this is pretty I know everybody loves to say, oh, you know, even negative, the negative, which is not really true. I don't know what you're saying makes sense, but I don't know if if BAFTA would This is not a good look. This is a really bad look for BAFTA unless BAFTA didn't have any control of the editing, if it was more BBC versus BAFTA.
Speaker 1: I don't know who was in, you know.
Speaker 6: And one of the judges from the panel he quit. I don't know if you guys saw that, like he resigned from uh the border.
Speaker 1: There's a black woman that quit too.
Speaker 3: Yeah she didn't, yeah she was. See.
Speaker 4: That makes me think even more than this conversations being held like we've this because.
Speaker 3: She was just like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it's supported. But the theory is, I think this kind of support with Mike is saying, and I'm in agreement, like this isn't a good look for them. So why would they go with rage marketing when there's such a negative response. You got people quitting, you got all these like it's not good for them.
Speaker 7: Because Free Palestine would have been in a sense rage marketing because a lot of people don't like that shit neither, But at least honestly, leaving in Free Palestine would have been better for them with marketing because you would have gotten the people that are pissed off about it. But you would have also gotten the people that are like, oh, fuck yeah, they aired a black woman saying free Palestine. Fuck yeah, I'm gonna go watch bath the next time. And then you got the other people that the conservatives that are like, this is bullshit, this is pissed, you know whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 7: I believe that they left it in. But also I don't have any other excuse. Yeah, I got nothing for why they left it. I have Unless they just don't give a fuck about how black feel.
Speaker 6: That's it. It's just yeah, I think it's inconsequential for them. I think they just don't give I think they hear that. They just really it didn't even.
Speaker 1: Cross their mind.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that.
Speaker 6: We need to edit out nigger, bitch. So I'll tell you some of the which is insane. Even if I'm sorry, right, even if nigger wasn't the one that got you, bitch, if he said it should have been the one, I'm making that up.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not he said, I thought he said.
Speaker 3: To your point, it sounds like.
Speaker 5: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: So John T.
Speaker 2: Richardson, a producer and editor, resigned from BAP to Emergency an Emerging Talent judge and panel. He withdrew his participation in response to the organization's handling of the incident during the during the award. He's an editor, He's a producer and editor. He could have came from a higher up for you not to do it. You see what I'm saying. He would, he would, he would snitch, he whistle blood. But I'm not taking that down, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that's from BAP to then BBC had some They had some resigns too, so Tim Davey and news UH CEO Deborah Turns resigned following the intense controversial regarding to misleading editing.
Speaker 3: Uh the oh wait, no, this is something else.
Speaker 6: This is they may need to go back and be hard to find some damn get a job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is job.
Speaker 6: Job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So apparently it's been some other incidents too, because there's a couple other people left for some different reasons.
Speaker 3: But what had they had to do with editing and stuff? So this was just the final straw. Yeah, so they got a truck, so they got seem like they got a track.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, because you just I mean, hey, players fuck up, right, Yeah, they just fucked up, lessons learned, and.
Speaker 1: They're gonna move on to leave because of that.
Speaker 6: And maybe the response, you know, it's a lot so there must be some other ship happening that we don't know about it.
Speaker 7: I mean, this is probably enough, especially if they're black, though. I think it's enough for them to be like, I'm not working for this company because the thing that the thing.
Speaker 3: That sucks is.
Speaker 7: We got everybody out here analyzing the guy with Terressa's intent when that is not in my opinion, that's not even what the discussion should be about. Discussion should be about the emotional impac act on black people, period, and I don't think he's responsible to a degree.
Speaker 1: It's like ten percent.
Speaker 7: The other ninety is split between Bathto and BBC, and that's why I think we should be mad at and unfortunately that's not the discussion. So maybe these black people were just like, look, I'm pissed off that y'all are getting away with this. You got it out here looking like black people don't care about people with disabilities. Got you got black people out here attacking disabled people when they should be attacking you, motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: I'm out. I'm leaving.
Speaker 7: And it took y'all damn near a week to respond and apologize. Fuck out of here, Nope, I quit.
Speaker 4: Just like they're asking black people to take the back seat to the disorder.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, and they not doing it.
Speaker 7: I just hate that now black folks, even black folks who were fully aware of what Tourett's is, now black folks are now being like, well, fuck Tourett's not fuck that when it should be an understanding and a learning experience. But that is partly on John Dave Davidson. It's partly on him, because I'm with Rod he he could have said, Look, this is my disorder, this is the reason for what happened. But I am still extremely apologetic for any person that I heard I thought I had saw that.
Speaker 3: That's not Yeah, that was part of the part of the issue people were having.
Speaker 7: So that's the part that because now we're gonna look at anybody with TRETT to be like you would, I wish you would. Yeah, you can yell at I don't give an up. You've been not saying.
Speaker 1: You better not say no, you better not say nothing. But sucking up. That's the part that sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is interesting because you know we we I would assume we've all been or been around yes, okay, so and we've all been like you know turettes. We understood it and moved, but not to the point where someone's been called a inward.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's never personalized right at me?
Speaker 6: Right, So it really changed everything because we understood the disorder and what it does and how it works, and like you said, it has never been sent or personalized towards someone or used in this manner towards somewhere where now the whole conversation has changed. It's like, oh shit, this dude got called what they got called and then were on stage in public. That's a public embarrassment. Yes, yes, yeah it is. And so now everybody's like, what you know, Yeah, I feel like the conversation has shifted.
Speaker 7: It has because I see a lot of people on Twitter that were like, is not an excuse to be racist?
Speaker 3: And it's like, well, you're you're.
Speaker 4: Not understanding what Thrett's is then, because it's not an excuse to be racist.
Speaker 1: But I don't know that he's actually racist. I don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 7: I'm willing to do the emotional labor to figure it out, but I don't know if he's racist.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: And if he is racist, does that change it? Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 4: If I hear him and he's just talking normal conversation, he's just like, Yeah, these fucking niggas out here. But then it's different. You like me, you ain't taking right now normal conversation flow.
Speaker 6: He can't watch Centers boys in the hood, min it's a society's snowfall.
Speaker 4: I guess to your point too, can most of the people with that I've been around in our community, even black, So that wouldn't that word wouldn't pop out.
Speaker 7: That also isolates them too, because now they're looking at all these black people attacking people with tourettes and they're like, Okay, I'm black and I had to and I.
Speaker 1: Understand how this works.
Speaker 7: But if I tried to go and explain this to my friends who are pissed off, they're going to attack me.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like it's kind of like the whole conversation.
Speaker 7: That was happening with Black Lives Matter, where black lives Black people were very much in support of other black people until they found out that they're gay or something, and then it's, oh, wait, nah, Black Lives Matter, except you guys, we're not We're not We're not including y'all in the conversation. But yeah, black people with tourett's, Like, where do they even fit in with this conversation?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: When somebody asked them, you know, we are, so we asking how that shit works because because Ron, we want to know it.
Speaker 1: We want to understand how should we look at him? You got it?
Speaker 6: You break that ship down to me, So I need to know how the process will happened with him.
Speaker 4: That would be a good interview. I would want to hear that has this happened to him before? Happened to who to guy John Davidson. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I've never heard.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm sure it has. You.
Speaker 3: Sure he's called somebody in a nigga before?
Speaker 1: I would be I'd be willing to bet he has. That's what I need to know.
Speaker 3: I need to know have you ever done this before? This is your first time doing it?
Speaker 7: I'm sure he has because because the the like I said, the probably that he has it's like I don't know what it's called, but it's like a completely like isolated part of turets. It's only like ten or twenty percent of people trets have that type of tourette.
Speaker 3: But how was he not able to say it anymore?
Speaker 1: In any other interviews? We just didn't get.
Speaker 2: I feel like that would have came out somewhere. I feel like somebody would would have. I'm with you, I feel like we.
Speaker 3: Would have heard. I feel like famous, though, like nobody will.
Speaker 1: Be in No, No, he's talking about that of him calling other people.
Speaker 7: But here again, the conversation is still black people versus John Davidson. Yeah, the conversation is still that, And in my opinion, I just don't know why we're still like, do we really think that he did it on purpose? If we don't think he did it on purpose, and why are we still talking about this aspect?
Speaker 1: Because it is it is. It is.
Speaker 4: Peculiar that it hasn't happened. It only happened at one time. It was the whole night.
Speaker 7: I get you, but we're also dealing with with two things that cannot always be explained logically, disabilities and people's emotional responses to anything. You can never say, oh well, in this aspect and in this context, this will always happen.
Speaker 1: This might be the first time, it might be, and I think that.
Speaker 2: I think that's enough to bother people this one time, in this one particular.
Speaker 7: You know why it would make sense to me because in that moment, his brain knows the.
Speaker 8: Worst thing that can happen right now is you yelled nigger at these two black people on stage, And because like Spike said earlier, that filter is not there, that's the first thing that comes out.
Speaker 4: And it's probably his first time in a room like that, getting an award being celebrated, so I could see he ain't been around.
Speaker 7: Him.
Speaker 1: I tell you, it was first hold that ship back. He's been charging up like a anime character.
Speaker 2: Bro was of purple out there.
Speaker 4: But you know what, y'all making jokes, But I'm actually kind of with y'all. It could have been that he's been holding that back all the fighting the ticks all night, and in that particular moment he lost the battle, had.
Speaker 1: Lost the war.
Speaker 4: He's been holding it back all night.
Speaker 1: It was just like, I'm fighting this and then in that.
Speaker 6: Moment, that's why he didn't call anybody else in because you know, he was like, I got this, I got it, I got it. Probably he probably pitching himself. You're probably doing all kind of ship. But its just like he got to that moment like, nah, this this it's arrassed.
Speaker 1: I gotta go. Man. He just he got the about it there, because that was a smart thing. Was he got.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I got try to hear that ship. Once the dam was burst, Bro, everybody was gonna get it. It was to be all counselor all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sucked. Man.
Speaker 2: It was an unfortunate moment on both sides. And I think that's the thing that that that needs to be acknowledged. It's unfortunately on both sides to the rex community Black community, like might keep expressing like it's it's the network's fault and it's the awards UH Association's fault for not protecting these two groups in this moment.
Speaker 4: So yeah, damn this to MAJO. They really didn't handle in class.
Speaker 7: I don't have that in me, even if you got trust.
Speaker 1: Laugh. That's that's my problem.
Speaker 4: Because if I knew it was him, and I knew he couldn't control it, laughed, and that would have been terrible.
Speaker 1: Would my career would have been done?
Speaker 4: They had to write two people on stage because if anybody else had been.
Speaker 1: I was just.
Speaker 3: In another way of.
Speaker 1: That man.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was man pissed. Yeah I can't I saw it, but I can't remember he's yeah, he knew he was saying like something you knew what he's saying or something like that.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's it's people out there like nah, I mean.
Speaker 1: You know, disorder work, but it is kind of weird.
Speaker 6: It ain't been around a lot of black people like you don't you know, So it's just like I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, So I'm gonna let go something I probably shouldn't let go.
Speaker 4: But there have been conversations that we've been talking about where it it references a certain community, and I will think about slurs and be like, man, it's really fucked up that they get called this or they get called that. And I've almost had for it slips a few times, but I've caught myself.
Speaker 1: And it hasn't come out.
Speaker 7: And I always think about how fucked up would it be if we're talking about any community and I'm like, yeah, this is fucked up how.
Speaker 1: They're how they're.
Speaker 7: Done, and then that slur slips out, and it's like, well, fuck, I didn't mean to call them that.
Speaker 4: It was in my head because I think it's fucked up that they are called that. That could be how to a degree, the Tourettes works, but my brain has the filter to say, look, that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: That word should never come out.
Speaker 3: Their brain doesn't.
Speaker 1: Have that filter.
Speaker 3: I get it, but it's just not enough.
Speaker 1: I feel you. I'm not blaming no black person for being upset. Yeah, we'll just come over here and us go ahead. I mean we're talking about.
Speaker 7: I guess I was gonna say with what you just said. I feel the same way about the B word, like I stop using it. But since I'm around people who say it so much, like I'd be afraid, like dang, I'm gonna slip up and say it again.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying my best not to.
Speaker 7: Even the music I listen to when I'm rapping, I'm like I'm filtering myself.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like I know I'm probably gonna slip.
Speaker 7: I really hope it never happens, but it's probably gonna happen again. So I feel sometimes, no, well, basically what you're saying right now, I'm think about somebody who's probably surrounded who's trying not to be racist in a racist family, and it's hearing that word all the time, And if they slip up and say it, should I give them grace?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, oh no, if you ain't got to rent, I don't give fuck what you hear you been, That's right.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on the B word is.
Speaker 7: I don't like to say it, but it does come out from me like bitch, ass, motherfucker. But I will say, and this is not better. I could not take the lot time I called a woman a bitch. But that's not better. It's not better. I should just not use the word period. But Jalen's right.
Speaker 4: You know, you hear it the video games, the music, the movies.
Speaker 1: You know it affects me. It's an effect in him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, hopefully that doesn't take away from people checking out his film.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna watch it. Maybe it's in the movie. Maybe he's calling people niggers in the movie. If it's in the movie where that makes you feel better, well, it's well, it's not a it's not a feel better situation for me.
Speaker 3: I'm just it's just I'm just.
Speaker 4: Wondering, like if if he has, like I'm sure, why, why do you guys.
Speaker 6: Think is this conversation has lingered as long as it does.
Speaker 7: It's the N word, and it's and it's and it's it's a context that we're not familiar with. This has never happened in a public setting where a motherfucker was called nigger but actually had.
Speaker 1: It's like you got the it's not brought the car and.
Speaker 4: Figured it out, like, motherfucker, we got ya. I think that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Many the black is pushing back on that ship like no, I don't don't think y'all got passes, But that's what that.
Speaker 6: Is, right, So it is I get it and it's weird. And again I was like, I don't. I mean, I don't know. I don't know. Like I saw it. I was like, Tourette's okay, makes sense, got it. But I'm still at the same time, they gotta figure out a way to kind of control, like what are the controls in place to protect them from somebody with Trette? And they were not protected.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that's what he John was saying, was that, like he was, he found it weird that there was a microphone near him.
Speaker 7: But they also said that I don't know if I believe it, but they also said it was a microphone that was that wasn't well to catch the roof like the clapping and all that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I believe him. You would know better than me.
Speaker 1: So it's not like bath never dealt with somebody that rets before what to do that part exactly.
Speaker 7: So they should have been they should have been more prepared when when people are on stage talking, turn his mic.
Speaker 3: Off, get him.
Speaker 4: It's funny that you say about the microphone, because if you think to the Chris Rock and Will Smith ship like we didn't hear what Will Smith said?
Speaker 3: If you picked it. We heard all we mouthed. We heard what I'm thinking back. Okay, maybe it was on Chris Rocks. He was so loud.
Speaker 1: So it is a mic to pick.
Speaker 3: Up the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a mighty to pick up the ru But they should have turned his off when people were presenting, that's all.
Speaker 3: And again, like they had two hours to fix this problem. That's the greatious spoil right to.
Speaker 1: Two hours to fix this problem. And they fixed it.
Speaker 3: For others, but not this one.
Speaker 7: And you know what, even if they turned his mind off, it would have still picked up another mic.
Speaker 3: So wouldn't That wouldn't fixed anything.
Speaker 1: I really want to know why they just didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 1: Like it has to be that nobody nobody asked them.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I think it's have been given a good response that that just makes no sense.
Speaker 7: Yeah, basically mm hmmm, because they're probably sitting back being like, well ship, this is niggers fighting the people with turrets.
Speaker 3: We're good. We haven't let them fight it out. He did it.
Speaker 1: Until it really comes back on us, we ain't got to worry about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it sounds like y'all be careful out there because It sounds like if black folks are not letting this ship go, they freached the tolerance at that point, like, man, we don't give a fuck, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Stop this ship?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm trying to see if they said, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, motherfucker get his asship doing some ship like this.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what it was real quick. And this is the last part. They said that they didn't hear hear it.
Speaker 4: During the BBC producers say they didn't hear the N words slur as working in a truck following second Baptist, they should all be fired.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm one hundred yes, Because how did you pick up because you probably have somebody around taking notes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did you think?
Speaker 1: What did you think? What did you think?
Speaker 4: Like the faces said, somebody said something fucked up?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And again I think if if they didn't hear it, somebody around should have been taking notes because they had.
Speaker 1: They heard free Palestine, right, they heard that very well. It's not an excuse. That's a terrible excuse because they edited something out. They gotta die. That's not gonna work.
Speaker 7: This sounds that excuse Y'll be giving me when y'll be leaving my ship. In the videos and not just saying it sounds like.
Speaker 3: That excuse, don't just don't say it's don't say you're gonna blame me.
Speaker 1: I ain't hear it. Maybe they they got a point there was bad. Yeah, you do the micras.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go check out his film this week. I'm gonna watch it because I don't know much about Tourette's.
Speaker 4: I had to google all that stuff because I had I had literally had to google.
Speaker 1: I'm glad, will you can you be racist with Terrett? Something like that?
Speaker 7: I had to google because I wanted to see, like, well, I think I google can Turetts make you say racist?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 7: Because I've been around people with Thurets and they've never said anything racist. But I've definitely heard him be like, fucking cut bitch. I've heard that before, you fucking dick sucker. I've heard that, But I've never heard any of them say anything racist.
Speaker 4: They said he shouted a number of phrases ding the first twenty minutes of awards, including boring, bullshit, crazy, boring.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not lying.
Speaker 6: I wish I would have been dead for that, brod.
Speaker 1: They ed, you don't watch the whole ship you know it. I didn't watch that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I don't remember what I'm saying, like the ship was boring. They probably, I'm saying I should have edited it out. They don't want nobody up. Damn, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Him his award to.
Speaker 7: Wait wait also, that might that makes it make more sense. That makes it make more sense.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that his award was his movie, and that makes it make more sense to wow up.
Speaker 1: They should have known. Not the bad black people get up there to get out award. Another point, No, I'm kind of with kN on that I'm kind of with n.
Speaker 3: Probably should have been somebody he was familiar.
Speaker 7: With, yes, because because no, I'm with Ken on this one. Why would you put two black people up there with the fear that he might say a certain thing?
Speaker 1: You set them up.
Speaker 3: It's not out the realm of possibility that happens.
Speaker 1: Right, But what could he possibly say to a white man?
Speaker 7: You put a regular ass, fucking the no lip dude that we talked about last week, put him up there to present this award.
Speaker 4: What could he say to him that's going to be offensive? Cracker, Like, come on, what could he say to him?
Speaker 1: Hackerwood ship. Right, you know what I'm saying, Office Fly. I'm with Ken on this one. This sounds like they kind of set them up.
Speaker 7: For failure because somebody in the room should have thought, maybe this might be not be a good idea. Let's put a regular ass, straight white dude up there, because what could he possibly say about him?
Speaker 3: And then it goes back to the theory about this being raised. Baby.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I'm just would they be up and present him with the award ship.
Speaker 1: I'm not really against your theory, Spike, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not. They threw a bar. Don want to see if you're blow up? Definitely blew up? All right, man, We're gonna we're gonna wrap this up.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that this was this was wild. I did not expect this to.
Speaker 2: Be still going on by the recording again, but yeah, here we go ahead. Hey, I guess it's good that we waited because it's been you know, stuff to come out since then.
Speaker 4: So yeah, man, there you haven't once you got your thoughts on it. Man, leave you what you chicked? That said fart nigger. She should have said she had trads. Damn she could have got away.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying a little, a little, but now she knows that they know, they're gonna say, now, I got I got a slight.
Speaker 1: Spectrum.
Speaker 4: I'm on the spectrum because it does sound like it was a tick.
Speaker 1: She sucked up. Happened a week prior.
Speaker 4: I know she's like, Damn's like, nobody tell me, goddamn window broke the cud.
Speaker 1: Yees listening to God.
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, so yeah that's that man. We hope you guys enjoyed that. Let us know your thoughts on the situation. Where is this posed is posted on our Patreon and on YouTube or yeah, so yeah, make sure you check that out, leave your comments. But yeah, man, Until next time, we'll catch all on another conversation review we got peace, Peace