Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five was loaded with ups and downs in both film and television.
Speaker 2: On January eleventh, at.
Speaker 1: Two pm the FPS Cast, we'll reveal their top ten films and TV shows of the year.
Speaker 2: Live on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Patreons within the Director's Cut tier will also have the opportunity to provide their top fives to be played live on the show. Be sure to come and check us out and share your commentary asks, the CRUL questions, and if you are a Patreon, take part.
Speaker 2: In the show again.
Speaker 1: That's January eleventh at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com.
Speaker 2: Forward Slash FPS podcast.
Speaker 3: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 4: Okay, welcome to the Frames per Second Podcast. Thank you guys for joining us for an anniversary review of The Hateful Eight.
Speaker 2: Quin Tarantino film. This is a ten year tenure. I think it's ten ten years.
Speaker 4: Let me make sure. I'll double check while you open up. While you're checking, I am joined by the voice you just heard.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Ron? What up?
Speaker 2: Man? Ken?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Mike?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So' Quin Tarantino film, You're right, came out in twenty fifteen, said a few years after the Civil War, and it's about a bounty hunter named John Hayman. Ruth rod Yep, what do you think about Hateful Late?
Speaker 5: It's good. I'm a Quentin Tarantino fan. There's no surprise here. I don't think I'm one of the few, if not only, Quentin Tarantino fans on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the way he produces his films, like like, I like his storytelling ability.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, the way he directs, I really like his style. Ken a filmmaker, Kim, what do you think about this film?
Speaker 3: I hate this movie?
Speaker 2: Really why?
Speaker 3: I hated every single minute I spent watching this movie.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yes, hateful hate, hated hate for eight What do you hate about it? Do you like Tarantino with all?
Speaker 3: No? No, Tarantino. This is a guy that writes and makes movies so he can just have the in word in it. Throught the whole movie and that's all they spent this whole movie doing. It was one scene where they said the N word twelve times. It was I counted, that's no, I counted, And that was That was in the middle of the film. That was in the middle when uh not ob what Mannets went to talk to the old man because they probably didn't say it that much, he said I And he said, I don't know that in word. All I know is he's an in word and that's and that's why I hate him, or something like that. I'm like, bro, get this fuck, bro, I hate I was like, I hate this.
Speaker 2: Movie, Mike, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Late?
Speaker 1: I rarely agree with Kim this much. This movie is fucking garbage, and I definitely do not like Quentin Tarantino as a filmmaker, as a director, or as a human. I think he's a fucking piece of shit. Jesus, and this movie just reinforces everything I've ever felt about him. I've never seen this movie, but I am saying right now, I am not watching any more Quentin Tarantino films period. I'm not doing it. This is your first time see this is my first time seeing this garbage ass film. I've seen you know Inglorious Bastards and pulp fiction and Foxy Brown.
Speaker 2: I've seen that stuff.
Speaker 1: And then I stopped. I was just like, this is ridiculous. After Django, I'm good, I'm not watching any more.
Speaker 2: Of this shit.
Speaker 1: This movie felt like he just wanted to say nigger. This movie did not have to have nigger this much. And the scene that Kim was talking about, he's the exact scene where I was like, I'm fucking done. This is pissing me off. They I don't know that nigger, but all I know is he's a nigger.
Speaker 2: It's like, all right, man, come on, bro, all I'm done? How fuck is this? What is this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Y'all think it's like some like lust of his Yes, I think Quentin Tarantino gets a boner from saying nigger or or having it in his films. He loves it. He fucking loves it. And I will never understand black folks obsession with this fucking asshole. I will never understand it. You put a black man by himself in this fucking faux western and you say nigger one hundred and fifty times over the course of a two hour long, boring ass nothing burger ass movie. Fuck this movie, and fuck Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 2: All right. I liked him more than I liked him, kid.
Speaker 4: I will ride on this like it's one of my favorite Taranty.
Speaker 2: Of course it is. I've never actually but I don't. I don't like jingle. I feel the same way with you about jangle. I don't like that.
Speaker 4: This one I feel like, but because of the who done an aspect of it, that's why I like the film. So we open with John Ruth riding in a stage coach with Daisy Dumark.
Speaker 2: She's chained to his side.
Speaker 4: What do you guys think about this open scene John Ruth and Daisy and him being about one hundred anything step out, jump out to y'all on this.
Speaker 3: I mean, as soon as he interested what he said, hey, hold on, stop there, blackfellow, I'm like, bro, what why?
Speaker 2: Because it's the time.
Speaker 3: No see, y'all give me this every time I y'all say that and bring up this the time thing. Bro, this was excessive.
Speaker 2: This was excessive.
Speaker 3: You don't think it was accessive?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Don't you know what?
Speaker 2: Why is it always in his movies?
Speaker 1: That's the question I have for y'all everyone that wants to defend this bullshit? Why is it always in his movies? No matter if it's the old time, no matter if it's nineteen seventy, no matter if it's nineteen ninety, it's nothing but nigger?
Speaker 3: Why And as soon as the lady she was like, hi, nigger, and he was like, oh, she's a whatever whatever fella like, and she just kept doing it over and off.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bruh.
Speaker 3: And then on top of that, I can even take and you can also say it's abusive to woman. He kept beating the shit out of her over and over again, like what the fuck? I do?
Speaker 2: Agree with you guys?
Speaker 4: In his obsession for the word I do one hundred percent, I think he hides behind the guise of I'm an artist, so this is it's free for me to be able to do this. I'm I'm just expressing my artistic you know what I'm saying. I feel like that's how he is with it, but I do I.
Speaker 5: Guess my thing, Go ahead, I guess my thing is is like the people that worked out, the black people that work directly with him say this.
Speaker 2: It's not even just him saying it.
Speaker 5: It's what they're saying when they're questioned about it, like how do you guys feel being in these movies that where it's happening, And they're the ones that's like, well, this is what they they understand the reasoning behind it.
Speaker 2: So this is coming directly from the people that are involved in the filmmaking.
Speaker 1: And you don't think they're getting paid. You think they're being paid to say that, period of course.
Speaker 2: Against him. If he's giving him the biggest check he could possibly get.
Speaker 5: They could after they get the check, they can say it afterwards. I mean, if after they get the check.
Speaker 2: Why would they do that, because then they won't get another film of his movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's most of them there you go, So how many other black people are Again, we're talking about Samuel L. Jackson for as I know, I feel like he stands for things like work for Spike too.
Speaker 3: We were Spike too, so.
Speaker 5: So I don't want to get into that conversation. I think that's just a different conversation. It was just you always thought the conversation. That's why I said, let me just pull it back, because we've had this conversation so many times, and I know we're talking about this movie, but I feel like that's always you'll criticism is just the Nigga Ship.
Speaker 1: It's no, I said, very clearly and very plainly. The ship is boring and long, and it's a nothing burger film.
Speaker 5: It's not just a lot of three hours of like thing man a lot dollar his movies, some of the most of his movies.
Speaker 2: Are dialogue heavy, trash dialog, all of them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the new sheriff in town. And you know, even though there's his lack of believing. Man, it's was cool. But they just spent a lot of time just going back.
Speaker 2: The setup is great, like like especially for like a who Done It film? The set up was great.
Speaker 4: Speaking to the setup and the black character, y'all talking about it's Major Marcus Warren, He joins the rite. First impressions of Major Marcus, warning we all impressed his resume.
Speaker 2: Samuel Jackson, who he said he was, I thought he was great in this.
Speaker 5: I thought sam did a great job, and especially with the way he did handle the word nigga, I feel like he balanced it out calling them crackers and all this other type of stuff, and just, uh, why.
Speaker 2: Are y'all do y'all, we ain't gonna make it.
Speaker 3: As soon as I heard, we ain't gonna be a counter.
Speaker 2: It is a counter, Oh my god, dude, it is a counter.
Speaker 1: You never mind, I'm not gonna I know that defending on offensive and I don't want to sound offensive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like what I'm saying, it's it's a man, y'all, y'all give y'all give the weirdest ship.
Speaker 3: Grace but not what what? What?
Speaker 1: What? Give me an example I have before? Like I said, I don't want to give me one, Now give one rod exactly. Let's move on because you don't have killing murders all that ship. That ship could be cool and write up your alley.
Speaker 2: But wait, are you serious? See that's what I'm saying because you.
Speaker 1: Throws out the most ridiculous comparison and then trying to go, oh man, you think watching something that is not real? Watching a clown kill people is the same as watching a film where someone's saying bigger time. You know who else says that same exact defense white people. They do it all the time. And I'm like, I don't listen to racist music. Oh, but you're listening to Slayer talks about Satan.
Speaker 3: Come on, bro, because it was like the hanging, you already did it.
Speaker 2: You can't say I'm not going through your he did it.
Speaker 3: Is like he respects and myers what Major was able to do, but at the same time calls him a nigger and refers to a nigga. It's like, bro, which one is it? If you have that much respect for a guy that you think has a letter from Abraham Lincoln who freed the slaves. Why are you constantly even said he said, you know, the blackies or darkies.
Speaker 2: He called him dark.
Speaker 4: I get what Mike and Kennison because he's trying to he's trying to portray it.
Speaker 2: They just talked like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, But even if they don't think they did, Tarantino, I think they did. It's satire. I think I think they did. You think they talked, yes, But my issue is always, why is it in every single one of this motherfucker's films, Every single film is the same ship Niger Niger, nigger, nigg nigger, nigger, niggera every movie.
Speaker 2: We're talking about this movie. No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: You might be.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about all of it. I'm talking about right now. We're talking about all of his movies, and this plays.
Speaker 5: In but we're not talking about You can't tell me what I can talk about, and you're you're not to go to the You made the last one.
Speaker 2: I did this movie, the last one, and I tried.
Speaker 4: Major Marcus warned produces a letter from the President Abraham Lincoln, which seemed to soften the white character and made him trusting more.
Speaker 2: This went overwhelm for you.
Speaker 5: Up, Yes it did, especially how it came back around later. Yeah, let's saying set up was great with this movie.
Speaker 3: Set up was great.
Speaker 2: Did you think about the pulling out.
Speaker 3: To still got it? Yeah? I still got it? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sam did a good job. Sam did a good job.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But every time he was called the nigga, he's in the smiling anyway. I don't know why the hell Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Will be writing him like pimp pals. Yeah, like pimps or whatever. But that's how good he was. He knew he heard a major Marquis Warren and didn't do shit for you. What about Sheriff Chris mannis when he came around, did you like him?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: I like none of these fucking people. I don't like none of these fucking people. This ship was garbage.
Speaker 2: It sounded like he was on some bullshit Chris Mann.
Speaker 4: It's the loud mouthed Southern sheriff, openly disrespectful one, which I think about his relationship and how he was looking at Warren.
Speaker 3: I think they did all of this throughout this whole movie to get us to them at the end and constantly being you know, an inn word hater and hating black people all to get to the end. But you know, he was an asshole. You know, he kept you know, poking and prodding the general. He just didn't like him, or the mayor whatever his name was. He didn't like him at all, you know. And I didn't think it was trustworthy. I didn't think he was like really going to be the sheriff either. I thought it was a bullshit. I was like John Run or whatever his name.
Speaker 2: Was, like how you just kept pressing him, and he said, look, it's just politics. He was saying that it was politics like that.
Speaker 3: After he got called out, he said, oh, I ain't mean to get into politics.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, you spit here, you don't call me.
Speaker 3: A nigger five times, and now you don't want to get into politics.
Speaker 2: Got a gun in his face. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So the snowstorm gets worse and they gotta go to many hair er dashers, the haberdashery whatever her name is. They had to go to her house. They get there, many as gone. So this is the setup for the whole who done it thing? At this point in time, is still nothing better for you much?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I was just like, all right, you weren't even curious about what the fuck was gonna happen. I think that was the what I like most about this movie. She's like, bro, what is happening?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: I didn't think, really, no, nothing was happening. I love the set up up two people and they were hitting in the town, and like, why would just right? Nothing was happening. So you look at it like why just even a movie? But then you get to the house and it's like, oh, okay something, so who done?
Speaker 1: After I heard nigger thirty eight times, I didn't give a fuck about anything else that happen.
Speaker 3: It definitely was, was it. It's to the point where I was watching it and I was complaining about the movie and I was saying the reasons why, and my wife was hearing it. She was in the kitchen cooking and I'm sitting there watching it, and he said, it's so many times, so many, so much that she was like, oh, yeah, yeah, I hear exactly what you're saying. What you're talking about, like, and she'll give more grace than I am, because maybe I could be a little bit, you know, extra over the top or whatever. But she was like, oh, yeah, I what you're saying what I do like about I like Sam and Senior Bob's exchange in the thing where they were doing the horses, and I liked when he was like, are you is not like it? Let me a liar? He was like, no, I'm not. He said what he said. He said, I'm not calling you a liar, say says, I sound like it. But I yet I liked that line. I thought that was funny.
Speaker 4: So you mentioned Bob, he was there, Oswaldo was there the hang in the Red Rock, Joe was there at the Quiet Cowboy in General Sandy Smithers, a former Confederate general. None of these characters did anything for you, rod Ken, Mike, Yes, yeah, they a nice collection of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Like I said, it was the mystique. It's like, okay, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: You got a guy sitting in the bag, you got a general just sitting here at the front in a chair. You got the guy who was claiming to be the hangman where they're on their way to town. So you got all of these interactions, but still old boy was still skeptical of like, Okay, well, who are y'all real? You know what I'm saying? So I thought that that was good. He see, he seemed very intuitive, and I liked that of Kurt Russell, right that. Yeah, yeah, I like I liked his character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so someone poisons to coffee. Two characters die.
Speaker 3: Damn you jumped all the way.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel you know, I felt like I was just gonna keep talking about him saying niggas.
Speaker 3: But so I was anything characters because there is a lot of filler in this part. So I do agree with you jumping to the other part. So I don't entirely disagree because it's like, what are we going to talk about with him? Just fact finding who all these people were? Even the English guy trying to pretend like he's a little bit better than everybody. Uh what did he call him? He called him another word Nubian.
Speaker 2: Was a levels.
Speaker 3: But I really would have loved to hear like I thought it would have been interesting, like Sam Jackson's characters conversation with the general because they were on opposing sides, and how they would have had, like, you know, a real dialogue, even though he was very clear that he didn't like him because of who he was, but just Sam fighting for But even Sam point I was like, yeah, you captured like ten fifteen Color commanders or whatever and not on the made it back to camp, you know, so that could have been something interesting, you know that they did with that, but even still kind of showing that he had sort of respect for yeah, you know, yeah, can I say I was on the battlefield with this guy? Can I said not have a conversation with him? That was all a set up though, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was because he wanted to kill him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, self defense.
Speaker 1: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second, where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 2: Did y'all have any theories about the coffee? They only could have been three three people? Who do you think.
Speaker 4: Was Minie Dave and uh, all right, so we get to who poisoned the coffee? Warrening mannis realized someone inside his line about poisoning the coffee, and then they begin executing suspects one by one.
Speaker 2: Did just worked for you, Muny?
Speaker 1: I was just like, well, the hopefulest means this movie is almost fucking over from they're killing people and it was not Jesus and I look down like, bro, are you serious?
Speaker 2: There's a whole fucking hour left.
Speaker 1: That means there's at least three hundred more niggers to come out of these fucking people's mouth.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: So they go us to the basement and they see that Jody de Margret is down there. Who is Daisy's brother hiding in the basement? Everything I said, I was just like this here a shootout breaks out and more desk Still nothing for you guys, can Mike when you shot him in the nuts when they was a shootout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just shot him in the nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was a shot in the nuts hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I do like how Sam Jackson's character throughout the movie, he just kept kind of poking and prodding see girl Bob, And he was just kind of slowly gathering information and putting stuff together. And then in this particular scene when he got everybody together and lined them up against the wall, and then he had to work with Mannuts because at this point Run and the other guy dead from the coffee, and Manuts was about to drink. He threw the shit away or whatever, and then he just kind of walks in your bob down and then he was like, well, she was so fucked up. He said, many had a sign that was missing. I guess that's what you're looking for. I thought he was looking for, like a jar. He pick up all the poisons covered. He was like, but that sign's missing. No dolls and Mexicans allowed. And then she took the sign down because she let dogs bro that ship was so fun.
Speaker 2: But then we found out it wasn't true. We found out it wasn't true, which what.
Speaker 3: We'll we'll we'll get to it. But yeah, she still let the Mexican in the out in the building.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's true, Mike, anything for you, honest, no know what you want to make the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, before that part when the showdown between the General and the and Samuel, I did like that part because I think you just skipped over there, and I think that was an important part. How he went through He had his son going through the snow all that ship. That ship was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was. It was dramatic as hell.
Speaker 5: But I thought it was a very intriguing story that led to somebody poisoning in the coffee.
Speaker 2: Like so in the middle of the middle of that, that's when somebody.
Speaker 3: You think the truth.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 5: It just seemed it seemed a little embellished or whatever and whatever. So I wasn't sure if that's.
Speaker 2: Wor he was true.
Speaker 3: Do you think he really shot the general's son.
Speaker 5: I do think he shot the general's son. I don't know if like he put his johnson down his throat. You know, this ship was crazy. Yeah, I don't know if that part was true.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if he started to make all that up because he wanted to kill him as revenge.
Speaker 2: For what he did to the troops or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he heard about the son came up here and died. But because where did that gun come from? That wasn't the son's gun was itself?
Speaker 5: Because the hangman wouldn't allow Well, if it was truly the hang man, he wouldn't allow him just to shoot him cold blood.
Speaker 2: He would have had to have been defending himself.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Oh, even when when the guy walked in, when Manness walked in, was like, hey, you know who that is, he was like, yeah, that's the that's the hang man. You the sheriff. You don't even you know, So it was like, yeah, he's supposed to know, but he wouldn't knew it because he's the new sheriff. He never would have met the hang man, so he never would have really known him.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Where do we go from here? What about as Ball or Marbury revealed to also be part of the game. Do y'all care about that?
Speaker 1: By this point I already assumed they're all part of them, all right, they're all on the gang. Shan Tatum, I think by this point is he he's already got his head shot off.
Speaker 2: So I was like, Okay, they're all in the game. Cool, let's wrap this shit up.
Speaker 3: Be so the Yeah, because he held Shanon Tatum as long as he for a long time, about two hours, them going back and showing how he uh, how they went into this whole place with many who just happened to be black and then another black woman worked there, and then there was other two white people and then sweet Dave for Again, that's what I'm saying, like, I don't know if Sam made that up to get Senor Bob to confess, because Senor Bob walked in and she could probably clearly tell he was Mexican and she was just sweet, loving and adore everybody. But his face was covered. He took it off though.
Speaker 2: Remember I still did think he was Mexican. Yeah, I thought Sam made the story up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't think it was I.
Speaker 1: Don't think he was Mexican because then he didn't look any kind of Mexican.
Speaker 2: He he had a bad accent. It seemed fake, And I think that Sam made the story up.
Speaker 4: Roger, you think the story he said was real? Which one the story that he made about him coming in dogt in the Mexican.
Speaker 5: M I don't know, because I had that same thought, like, well, watch she let him in in the first place, and I don't think we ever saw the sign unless she took the sign down before she said.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It sounded like he.
Speaker 3: Knew many, really knew many, because remember he talked about the stupid Yeah yeah, yeah, So I don't know why he would make that one up and not.
Speaker 2: The other stuff.
Speaker 4: What do y'all think about Joe Gage being revealed as as an outlaw? Was that surprising that all?
Speaker 2: Joe Gage?
Speaker 3: Not really. That was the one that that remember when he walked up and he was like, look, I got this person that I'm taking in. She's worth ten thousand dollars. Oh yea, I gotta take the guns. And he walked up to Joe Gauge to get the gun and Sam Jackson was behind him. What about him?
Speaker 2: Was I surprised he was an outlaw?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 5: He was always just like one of the most mysterious ones, like yeah, yeah, nah, It just surprised that he was part of the Only.
Speaker 2: One that was surprising was probably the hangman that he was watered the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because he had to like the little British accent and stuff, and I don't know, he just didn't seem like an outlaw, okay, he seemed like an authority.
Speaker 2: What are y'all surprised about the letter?
Speaker 3: No, you thought that it was fake? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I knew it was fake from the second the movie started. Second I had play I was like, oh, he's bullshitting. He's using that letter to again after you hear thirteen niggers, it's like, oh, he's using that letter. So people actually treat him like he's a human. So no, it wasn't surprising to me that he was lying about the letter and.
Speaker 3: Even said it. He said the only way white people feel safe is if you disarmed, you know, so he even said it. I was surprised he confessed that it wasn't because it was like, it's not like Manet's had proof.
Speaker 2: Well, he was dying, so it was like didn't matter at that point.
Speaker 3: No, no, No, I was talking about earlier because I remember he admitted the letter was fake earlier. Yeah, he sold he went back because remember they were they were eating, uh, they were eating the stew and stuff like that. And then then Mannus was like, uh, what do you say, black major or something like that, some other shit or whatever. Then it was like yeah, it was it's just so stupid. But anyway, trying to stay focused. He was like, man, I ain't got time for your shit, man, And then he kept questioning about the letters, like yeah, I heard you got a letter from Abe Lincoln, bah blah, blah nah man. It was like, yeah, ain't nowhere in hell he gonna be writing you a pen passed with Abraham Lincoln. And then John Rouhone was like, wait, is that true? Are you lying? And then he was like, yeah, I was lying. I'm surprised if you confessed that easy though. You put yourself at risk.
Speaker 2: And then I feel like you feel like he ain't have nothing to lose.
Speaker 3: At that point, I thought, I guess, but you you you had a trust in a relationship that was built with this guy that respected you on the battlefield, and you completely wiped that away with admitting that the letter was faith even though I think they still continued to work together, but still it was just kind of weird and they didn't even He had Shannon Tatum come up and was like, uh oh win, he threatened the old guy because it was like, how's the white guy? But they needed to wipe the old general to decorate to make it a little less suspicious. And it was like, yeah, so I gotta what he said. I got a pile of.
Speaker 4: All right, so we'll wrap this, get to the wrap up part of this. Well, you got surprised at the end when it was just Mannix Warren and Daisy Left.
Speaker 1: Mike rot Were we surprised that they were the only ones left? No, they shot everybody else. But you did you expect them to be the last two standing? Probably because they were the first two you introduced to. No, not really, because the first we were first who were introduced to was Kurt Russell and Jennifer Jason Lee whatever her name was. But no, it was just like, all right, I'm just glad this is over. I'm sorry. I know I sound like a wet blanket this. I really fucking hated this. Every single minute that this was on my television.
Speaker 2: I was angry. What's a was surprised they were the last two standing? It made sense that they were. They were the last two standing, And I like how we got here. Yeah, I'll say that.
Speaker 3: What you mean?
Speaker 5: So? I like that, you know, you start off like kind of what Kim was saying, you start off at the beginning was a setup for the end or whatever. So I liked that you had this sheriff that had hate for this black man and then you end up having to side with him and be in cohoots with him in order for you know, for survival, right, So I like how that ended that you could be on two sides of the coin, but still if there's one common evil, that's where you can relate, you know what I'm saying. And so yeah, and I just like how this whole the intensity of all of this played out, Like I like how all of this from like him, like I want I'm interested, I'm interested in what she got to sell, you know what I'm saying, Like like, I feel like he did a really good job.
Speaker 2: That dude's a really good activis I And I really liked liked him here and I always liked Sam Yale for the most part in the movie. He's like you believe that bitch, you know what?
Speaker 5: But nah, man, I thought like everything about it, the intensity, the way they told it, Like I just I like how we got to this point or whatever.
Speaker 2: And it was very satisfying on how how it ended came.
Speaker 3: So so the ending was interesting, and I'm wondering if Quinn Tarantino was trying to make like this larger point kind of what I was saying, It's like, here's this guy these here's this racist guy who's been at odds with the general this whole time, and now they had to come together to work together. The thing about it is it didn't really make any fucking sense managed decision because because he expressed his dislike for black people, so and and it in the end when uh, what's the name, Jeane, what's calling him out? She was like, are you really going to side with this guy? Like all of a sudden, now you are an inWORD lover like it, which he has, like he's hated and expressed like clear hatred for this guy. So is Quinn trying to be deep and trying to make a point like, oh, look, these two game together to work for like the common good or for peace or whatever or justice.
Speaker 4: Think that's what he was going for, like in his brain from how especially how y'all are explain to him, I think that that's I did a good thing here, look what I did.
Speaker 3: No, it fell flat. I'm sure if we're talking about this period right after the Civil War where black people are still hated and he hates black people, and you got a chance to turn all these bodies in to get this reward, and you don't like black people. Kill the fucking black guy.
Speaker 1: You think it was a coincidence that the only black person or only black man in this film was shot in.
Speaker 2: The dick.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I will never, in my entire existence on this planet understand black folks obsession with this motherfucking guy.
Speaker 2: This feels like black magas to me. I don't get it. Black people loves Guarantino. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker spits his eye every time he makes a movie, and y'all like spitting the other one.
Speaker 2: Please. You didn't like Jackie Barine. I don't like Ship from this motherfucker man. Have you seen Jackie Bine? You like it? No? I like Pam Grier. I don't like anything that was.
Speaker 1: That was probably the closest I came to liking one of his fucking movies. It was Jackie, but it seemed like that one. He was just like, okay, I think, no, I think. After that, he's like, you know what, let me turn the nigger meter up to like bick and let me say nigger as many times I can do it in a film and to see what people say.
Speaker 2: And he's like, oh, Ship, black folks ain't doing nothing to me. I can get away with this. Matter of fact, he said, some of y'all like it. He said in an interview Nigger Niger nigga, he said word of interviews, big fucking man quin Tarantino. Really, I'm not a fan of him. I like some of his movies. You like all his movies?
Speaker 3: No, no, I thought you said you were.
Speaker 2: He did has a Tarantino tramp stamp trying to lie. Now. I like pop fiction. I like Jackie Brown. I like this, Oh you don't like to Kill Bill series?
Speaker 1: There's not any fucking nigger yelling in that. He does say, nigger, what'successive things?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: Three is done? This one is definitely excessive. Three niggers in the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm out, bro, I don't wanna hear this ship no more, especially when there's only like one or two people know.
Speaker 2: A fucking movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're saying his movies. You're not saying a movie in general because a movie.
Speaker 2: You watched the movie.
Speaker 1: If it's a movie in general, I'm probably gonna be okay with it. But if the same director makes two more films after that and it's just as many niggas, I'm out.
Speaker 2: I'm started looking at you like what the fuck is wrong? And it doesn't and a lot of it was just just so let me ask you to this well, anyone thoughts on the movie? No, fuck this movie and fuck Quentin Tarantino. That's it for you two.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean it's this is This is a hard panel to have have a serious conversation. So that's it for the review.
Speaker 4: A couple of well facts, No, man, who's more racist? David Chase with quin Garentino. I don't know who David Chase is the Sopranos creative. You said this that was racist too, Yes.
Speaker 2: The Sopranos was definitely racist as fuck. Who's more racist? But you put them in the same bucket? I should ask.
Speaker 1: Look, man, I don't know what's worse or cold of the flu. It's the same fucking shit.
Speaker 3: I think. I think Tarantino doesn't think he's racist.
Speaker 2: He sure David Chase doesn't either.
Speaker 3: David Chase came out of the minute No.
Speaker 4: No, I said, I watched something and that chose me that he is like racist leaning racist leaning.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, I don't think that he knows.
Speaker 4: It's just like he just said about Tarantino. I think that David Chase's portrayal of black people in the Sopranos is really how he looks at black people, and he don't think nothing wrong with it. I think Quentin Tarantino just thinks he's cool.
Speaker 1: I think at some point both of them have been approached and said, hey, your idea of black people is fucked up, and in that moment they have the opportunity to be like, damn, you're right. Neither one of them did that because they're racist pieces of shit. But Quentin Tarantino is never gonna go too far because he makes too much money off of us.
Speaker 4: Chase tried to do it in many sciens of k new it. I never watched the Sopranos movie he tried to. You could tell he was responding the backlash of the Sopranos being racist because it's black characters is a whole black storyline.
Speaker 2: They did this whole thing and they're just regular ass black folks. Yeah, it was about these that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had had a lingerin what you mean by regular but exactly, yeah, ID so they're they're they're probably stupid, uneducated, and they're violent.
Speaker 4: Just like in the Soprano It was like the sexual he's messing with the white girl, the white man white.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: It was about like the sixties riots, in New Jersey or some ship and how the correlated.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he definitely tried to and yeah.
Speaker 1: Well last to wrap it up, I'm gonna answer your question. I think it would be Tarantino because Tarantino at this point has been told multiple times that this is fucking weird. Why do you have a heart on for the N word in every film? And he's still as a matter of fact, after he was called out, he did it more so it's like, why are y'all cool with this type of ship?
Speaker 2: I don't get it, I really don't. I want never understand.
Speaker 5: But because he thinks it compromises the honesty of that of the historical times every single time period I heard you, and I'm disagreeing with you again because he said this, I know, but every you said this earlier is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Every single time period that he has made. When has he made a movie where you don't hear nigger at least ten times?
Speaker 3: Never? And I think he's saying that to just cover up for yes.
Speaker 1: Because every single movie he does it, So that means every time period, and Tarantino's dumb ass brain, every single time period, nigger is a table time word don't.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what yes going to say that.
Speaker 2: He probably said it in fucking what was that vampire shit he was, and he probably said in that ship too.
Speaker 3: He puts himself in the movies just so.
Speaker 2: I want to drink your blood. Unless you're a nigger.
Speaker 4: That's all right. If there's no more thoughts in our hearts and minds, you're clear. That is the review for the more an ambursaries.
Speaker 2: I don't know, put this on the what not?
Speaker 3: It wasn't Jalen. You picked it. And then the fans and the fans.
Speaker 1: And they did that ship on purpose. They did it on purpose. All right, y'all we out peace,