Speaker 1: On the Andy Moore Auto Motive Group potline, Greg, you've done this before? Is that cold? Or described as guerrilla advertising? What I just said.
Speaker 2: Earned media is what people are referring to it as these days.
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, who is who is Toweley?
Speaker 2: Because because Tally I think of Tally, I think of a character from South Park.
Speaker 1: Tally is t a l L y. It's the robot that goes around Kroger and it sizes up the inventory in the store. It's one of those things that will replace human beings one of these days. It's like it's like Rosie. You know, Rosie from the Jetsons was like the Jetson's robot housekeeper. That's kind of what Tally is.
Speaker 2: So again, in your little, in your slight bit of somebody that it's playing, you still have left.
Speaker 3: Sure I am hearing this as Towley.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Who is a character that.
Speaker 2: Had a significant weed have it on South Park? No?
Speaker 1: Hungry Tally is talllying up the inventory Inkroker right there, Like, I like my advertising idea to you.
Speaker 2: But by the way, the person that you need to reach out to is Eric Holder. No, it is not handle advertising, but he is affiliated with the Krogers.
Speaker 1: Well, I've called him out before, Greg, this would not be the first time. So you don't.
Speaker 2: Assume that the other group that is getting the biggest amount of free promotion without spending money with you would be the frequently mentioned Odin meat Locker.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt. But they want they want to deal or remote with this show. Buddy, how about that?
Speaker 3: Well, as you well know, for the right price, that can happen.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt this Swatson Trouper family, that is Andrew and Isaac and Luke then Norm by the way too, they want a live show at the Odin meat Locker, which would be glorious. I think we all understand that. Hey, speaking of glorious, what have we gleaned today in Foxborough? Which I believe is your current location?
Speaker 2: It is my current I have in beautiful downtown Bosh as we speak. Now. This is where I tell you I was in the air when the practice was happening, So I was not at the practice today and so I'll be seeing these guys for the first time on Thursday, with no official team activity tomorrow. But what we did learn was more on Alec Pearce's ankle was what the pitching rotation is going to be in terms of quarterback play, with ar getting the first half and probably getting the second half and then flipping that, you know, for game number two, and that we won't see Daniel Jones at all during the course of the pre season.
Speaker 3: That is what we learned today.
Speaker 1: So we also learned today that evidently, according to Chris Baalder, the reports out there that Ali Pierce had a PRP injection for a second time, those were untrue. And all this doesn't really matter to me, And a lot of people say, well, it comes down to, you know, do they need an extra wide receiver or if they feel comfortable in Peers coming back. They don't, But Greg, I can just Hey, I'm here to tell everybody they need one. Go get it and address it, and address it right now. DJ Montgomery, not Liam Clifford, but address it right now.
Speaker 2: It's okay, but correct, and especially with a guy the caliber of Keenan Allen that again has a connection to Shane Steike and you know, it kind.
Speaker 3: Of makes too much sense.
Speaker 2: I have been with the group that thinks they can be fine if Alec Pears is fully healthy. And the longer this goes the more nervous I get about that. So if that prompts you to go the insurance policy're out and bring somebody in, then I'm all for it at this point.
Speaker 1: So what's your level of being nervous right now regarding that situation?
Speaker 4: Greg? Uh?
Speaker 3: But's the one through five and five being the worst.
Speaker 2: I'd say about a two or three really nervous than it was about two or three weeks now you are.
Speaker 1: That's that's a nervous Lanesville, Greg Ragstraw. I don't know. I don't want you to be nervous about that. I just I put it this way. We never really know with this group, this team, this organization, these players of this particular era until we actually and factually see them on the field. So I don't really hold my breath on a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 2: I'll go back to the to the practice I saw on Sunday that didn't have Alec Piers or didn't have Josh downs, and I saw the way the teams struggling to move the football, and I go, Okay, maybe it's time to bring somebody in. I had been on the other side of thinking all right, because I'm a big fan of Ashton dooland I know the role that Tyler Warren is going to play in the offense.
Speaker 3: Rank will think Nick Westbrook to Keene has looked good.
Speaker 2: I think he's got a solid spot on the roster. But knowing how much this team's going to run the football, knowing how much team is gonna bootleg the football, knowing how much this team's going to play a couple of side ends like you know what, I think they can be okay with the four wide receivers. You know that I think they have, including Alec Pierce. But I would say the longer the Pier situation goes on, the more you think about, all right, is it time to bring somebody else in?
Speaker 1: So Greg, Greg Strass got you covered. It's you and who else? Is it Rick on Thursday too? Or you and who and Lara?
Speaker 3: So last year is kind of musical chairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this year.
Speaker 2: We have solidified things a little bit more.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: Rick will be with me on all three preseason games. Nice Lara will be on all three preseason games as she has been. Because al Michaels is not getting in any of our pockets. Ie Amazon Prime isn't dealing the game from us. I get to be on all three games as well, which I'm very fired up about as great Charles Albuckle, who I'm going to talk to at five. Obviously, he will be doing all of the games on radio this year.
Speaker 3: So you may say, all right, what does that mean for Rick Venturrey.
Speaker 2: During the course of the season, Rick will be on the postgame show with myself and Bill Brooks, which means I may have the easiest job in the Western Hemisphere because I get to ask Rick questions. I'll go get a snack in five minutes later, I'll come back and the populace is educated and we move on to the next one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love it too, because this also is something I've talked about. That means we get Rick a lot more on the pregame show, which I think is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 2: You will still get at least your two segments of Rick, if not more than that during the time.
Speaker 1: I have been told that we're going to get more than the two, because I think Rick loves Hey. We always leave a lot greg on the table in the pregame because he has to rush off and get set for the pregame show or the countdown to kick off part, and then the broadcast itself. But we're going to have a lot more Rick coming up this year, which is exciting as hell.
Speaker 2: And there's only two hours in that pregame show, so I'm not sure ricking it to all his material.
Speaker 3: In two hours.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I love it though. Greg Gregstraw has got the preseason game number one coming up on Thursday. He is in Boston right now. He's on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. Anything else stand out to you? And I asked this question yesterday. I'm kind of curious what you think? Is it linebacker? Offensive line after a wide receiver where you question the depth and the personnel altogether. Are those two of the majors outside of wide receiver for you?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 2: The only question the starting five? I questioned the guys behind the starting five on the offensive line. I can tell you the starting five guys are gonna be right now. I mean it's it's gonna be Bernard Ryman, Quentin Nelson, Tander Borderlini, Matgins Olbus and Jalen Travis.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You've got You've got Farmer you brought in. It's kind of an interior backup, and you've got Tucker that has played that position you've got Freeland that that hasn't had a chance to play much really frankly played more as a rookie three years ago than he has the last last couple of seasons, and injuries being being a part of that.
Speaker 3: I like the starting five.
Speaker 2: I get a little nervous about about, uh, you know, offensive line depth, but there's at least a more definitive pay I know who the five are compared to a linebacker where man, it is open season uh and and CJ. Allen having missed some time now kind of on both ends of training camp so far, that's a bit of a problem. And you know, there's just two guys that took snaps for the Colts and linebacker last year that are back, you know, Austin Agik that's probably more of a special teams player, and then Jalen Carlies who kind of had an opportunity last year and just injuries and allow that to happen. He barely saw the field a season ago. So right now it is open season in terms of linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts. So I'm probably a little more concerned with that that I have the offensive line.
Speaker 1: So Greg Gregs draw he is on the Andy Moore Automotive Group podline. A little bit of a preview too, because we're not too far away from the start of the high school football season. What's Week number one for you?
Speaker 3: Brownsberg and Lawrence North.
Speaker 2: That's too bad because they're not good those teams. Right Again, there is a there's very much a big six in terms of the six to eight teams locally, so those are two of them. Sena Grove Warren Central is also a Week one which is going to be tremendous. Parmel Place fishers in Week number one, and Westfield it's kind of other team I think deserves a mention in that group. Again, the top of the food chain in six A I think is as good as it has ever been in terms of number of really good teams we have locally this.
Speaker 1: Year, the Great Lakes Region elimination game is Kentucky and Indiana. The Indiana team represented is from Jasper, Indiana. It looks to be the Kentucky team is Oldham County. I would guess that's what it says on the.
Speaker 2: Jersey North Oldham and the east side of Louisville is where that.
Speaker 1: Is, Okay? Are they commonly very very high quality, high caliber athletically speaking, it is.
Speaker 2: A well to do suburb and it's become more of a suburb over the last couple of three decades. Usually the team representing Kentucky US from the Owensboro area. In other words, they and the Jasper kids might know each other a little bit. So this is the first time that I can remember that little league being represented in terms of the regional round of the tournament here in Indianapolis for per Se.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Jasper is trailing one nothing right now. They going into the third inning and that elimination game. As they got past the weather and they're back on the field up as you mentioned in Whitestown, Greg, Gregstraw, Scotcha the preseason game number one that is on Thursday, and it should be an absolute blast on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline right here with Greg. Thanks brother, I appreciate it. Enjoy Boston, you guys going to dinner tonight.
Speaker 3: Lobster rolls abound.
Speaker 2: And I will say this, this is actually my first time in Boston, actually been in western Massachusetts, like the Springfield and Amberst area.
Speaker 3: I have never been here. Coming forward to kind of looking around a little bit.
Speaker 2: It is almost Vegas like in terms of like the airport is like downtown downtown like you land, and it's across the bay from downtown Boston. So believe it or not, my first time here, and I'm gonna get a little get my steps in over the course the next couple of days. They got some time.
Speaker 1: Enjoy pal see Buddy, Greg Regstraw and the Andy Moore Automotive Group Potline on stage later on today, Andy Moore onto Money Group Potline. He's out at the State Fair. He is our friend Clayton Anderson. What time do you get under way here, buddy?
Speaker 4: Uh we I'm actually standing on the stage right now. We just got done. We just got here. We're waiting for one more little band of weather to come through. Then we're loading up and we're going. The weather man says we're good. Todd Closta says are good. Brian Wilks says, we're ready to roll. At seven thirty sharp, we're gonna hit the We're gonna hit it and smack it on two dollars Tuesday. And I can't thank you enough for reviving radio the way you have. That's what radio is supposed to be about. It's supposed to be about an interaction in your community. It is. And when my sister was having her heart transplant, every Saturday night when I drove home, you got me home in a great mood and took aways a week course of stress. So I'll never forget that. And that's what radio is all about.
Speaker 1: Boy, it is too And that's why you and I are I think are very unique in this category to Clayton, because we have a great deal of affection for local radio or small town radio where it's still exactly what you just described.
Speaker 4: Yep. Absolutely, you got to be a part of your community. The more the more the more everything is syndicated, the more everything gets bigger, the more we're gonna have to have that demand to say, what's going on in our town, what's going on here, What's what's happening. And the more we can have that connection, I think, especially with the world. I mean, I don't want to, Oh my god, I'm gonna go with my soapbox, but you know, I mean the way that everything's changed and we're all going to have to want to have real connections, and I think that's where it's gonna be. They'll come back around.
Speaker 1: That is Clayton Anderson the State Fair later on tonight. You got to go check him out at seven before we get to tonight and the State Fair, And how fun that's going to be. Let's have some woody conversation. Shall we come on? I want to talk about woody.
Speaker 4: Oh man. I tell you I've never had my heart melted so hard fast in my entire life. It was I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I was playing out door speedway. We literally had a doctor's appointment the day before I had elected that doctor. I said, is she gonna have that kid tomorrow? She said, you're good. I think it's gonna come next week. So I go to el door and I'm on stage and my drummer's waving like crazy. He's like, you gotta go. So I never felt more like Elvis Presley in my life. I jumped off the stage. Dad had the truck fired up, we rolled back, screamed her into the parking lot of the Saint Vincent's in North Carmel, and met her right there at the emergency room door. I don't think she dreamed it that way, but by God, that's the way it happened.
Speaker 1: So what is I see your your benchmarks of birth so far? Where are we right now with Woody?
Speaker 4: Well, he's two months, he's just a few days over two months. He's sleeping through the night the last this week, which has been unbelievable. Correct, that's that's been nice. So I've been able to get back to work a little bit. So I've been able to get a little more sleep because I've been taking the late I've been taking the overnight shift. But I tell you why you hold him and just when he cools in your neck and once he's starting to talk to you and wanting to talk, and I'm talking back to him like a gush dang gibbering fool, and oh, it's just it's the most wonderful, wonderful thing. I'm I say, I'm mad at myself for waiting so long, because I'm almost as old as my grandparents when I was born. So they'll be picking him up. They'll be like, hey, your papa's here to get you in a pick up line. But I mean, I'm not looking I'm not looking forward to that part. But I keep saying I wish I would have started earlier, but I would have probably been I would have definitely been divorced. I started earlier, so I'm glad that it worked out way.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: How old are you me?
Speaker 4: I'm sixty two now.
Speaker 1: Well, because I started late too, I was thirty. I was thirty six when Blake was born. I was forty when Lady was born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I'm just right over that. So I'm uh right over that. So you know what's crazy. It's keeping me young. I think it's going to keep me young. I'll be out there trying to throw my arm out, trying and throw him cheating me how to throw a curve ball. Probably i'll get Tommy John surgery in about fifteen years, but it'll be a it's honestly, it's honest been the best thing's ever happened to me.
Speaker 1: That is the why I can tell. Man, it is weird. You see you see levels of people when they're so active like you are on social media, and there is just something profoundly different about how you and Hannah act with with what he now as opposed to you know, and it's not a bad difference at all. It's just it's a it's a more understandable difference, and uh, it's it's special, is what it is when you see it. Every video you guys make that he's a part of it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks, I feel bad putting him. I hope he's not going to be mad at me. I'm just so proud of him, you know. And I get it so emotional he was we were playing Brownstown on Friday, and that he Hannah brought him and then took him up on stage and she brought him around to the front. Heck, I got choked up. I'm a big softie. It's just a it's just it's just an unbelievable thing I never experience. And I'm not gonna lie. I've had to. I've been on an apology tour because I was allergic to kids for so long. I felt like if I they had to make you grow up, you know, and I never wanted. I was still trying to be Peter Pan run around, play music, and sure. I didn't think I could have both. And so I've really I had to go around pouchized a lot of my best friends saying I'm sorry I didn't get it, and uh, and I I just it's it's it's I really feel bad. I feel bad that I wasn't a better friend to their kids.
Speaker 1: But you know how it is, It's like, yeah, no, man, yeah, you just your your work schedule. It's not like anybody else's. And you know, and mine is not like anybody else's. But but certainly yours. I mean, you just never know how consistently you're going to be around to do the things, you know with those friends that you lose a little bit of track of. But and and their kids when they have kids too. I mean that all of a sudden changes the timeline. It's just a part of part of life in general.
Speaker 4: I guess. Yeah, yep, it's it's a it's a wonderful thing. I keep saying, I'm on last grand adventure right now. It's gonna hang on tonight.
Speaker 1: No, it's it is, really it is. It is awesome as hell. So where did the name Woody? How do we find Woody? Just out of curiosity?
Speaker 4: This is the guy's honest truth. We were sitting there driving down to Bedford. We're going I don't know what it was, some family get together and I was for summer. We weren't even thinking about getting married. Yeah, I mean we've been together, we're practically married, but I was sitting there and I asked her what her favorite boy name and being. She said Woody, and I said, get out of here. I thought she was just joking with me, because that's that's my great grandpa's name, and she didn't she didn't know that when she said it, so, uh, that's kind of that was always the front runner. We had a couple of others in the back pocket. And Glen's her dad's name or middle name with two ends. And I thought Woody Glenn sounded like a heck of a country singer. But I'm going to keep him far away from being a country singer.
Speaker 1: Makes a lot of sense. But no, Hey, congratulations to you and Hannah. It is awesome to be able to see what you guys are taking part in here at the last two.
Speaker 4: Wait for you to meet him. I tell you, yeah, Well, Willie Nanny Mountain about that's one. That is one thing when we were down I was down in Old Mexico playing his music festival in February, and a girl named Maggie Rose is a great singer. She was her and Hannah were about on the same time period the year before she was pregnant, and then she but she'd brought her kiss. She gave me. I think she's giving me the best advice I've got so far from my singing friends. And she's like, you just got taken with you. Just load them up. Taken with it now. Granted she's rich, her husband's rich, so she got she's got nanny. I ain't on that money scale yet, but uh, but we have. We tried to take him everywhere we go. He's a he's pretty, he's until he gets hungry, like his mom. He's pretty good until he gets hungry.
Speaker 1: That is Clayton Anderson right there with Woody and Hannah. State Fair. How many times do you play the State Fair in the past.
Speaker 4: This is the first time.
Speaker 1: No way, it's not.
Speaker 4: Wow, it is This is a huge bucket list for me. I have always wanted to play this stage. I've been out here so many times watching people play, back when they had big grand stand shows, when they had free shows here at the Fruit, when they started the free stage. I've seen so many people play, and I've played all these county fairs all over Indiana. But this is the first time I've ever got. I'm standing up here on stage right now. I got goosebumps. I'm ready to go. I'm ready to get this thing. I'm so excited. They've built a really really nice stage out here. This is brand new. It's really really nice.
Speaker 1: Well, and we got the weather out of the way. Correct, Yeah, Yeah, weather's out of the way. It's two dollars Tuesday. I'm trying to show some restraints so I don't go out there and get a tummy ache eating all the fried oreos right now. But yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: Hopefully we'll have a hopefully this weather, you know, hopefully it won't scare people away. It's going it's nice now, so hopefully we have a nice little turnout.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. Probably what it did is end up did it cool things down at the very least? I would imagine.
Speaker 4: It's actually really nice. There's a great breeze going on. It don't feel as hot. I'll tell you what. Last weekend that's hottest I've ever been know.
Speaker 1: That was down in Brownstown.
Speaker 4: Correct, you had down Brownstown Old Rock and Ryane. It was a good time.
Speaker 1: What man, you and what about you and Big and Rich and Uncle Cracker together? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it was a big ol' show. I'm telling you there was a lot of a lot of horses were saved, a lot of cowboys were ridden, a lot of horses.
Speaker 1: I just want to know how old is Uncle. I've never known how old Uncle Cracker might be. Did you meet Uncle Cracker?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I've known him. I've partied with him. Quote Bob's how Bob's trailer is this crazy thing. A lot of people don't know Bob, Bob, Kid Rock, Bob, Ritchie. He's got at He's got a call.
Speaker 1: Do you call him?
Speaker 4: Bob? Yeah, I'm like, what's up, Bob? How he doing? Bob? Yeah? Uh? But he he's got a double white on his property. It's his house, and and it's wrapped in camo, and he's got a redwood deck on the back, and he's got a shelter underne he's got a bit. Anyways, the nice at the double white trailer i've ever seen. And I said, what's up with the double white trailer? He's like, well, if I he said, if I get drunk and mess it up, I'll just get a new one. He said, that house just appreciates the wine value. So I'm just going that's the way he rolls on all his properties. He just gets a double wide wraps it in camo and has a heck of a time.
Speaker 1: That is uh that is the uh rock the rhine. What is that some kind of is that a candleoap or what are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Watermelon?
Speaker 1: Watermelon?
Speaker 4: Hey, I tell you what. Jack's kind of got a good watermelon. That's that's some of the best watermelon coming out.
Speaker 1: I'm a big candleoad guy right here, big time cantload guy.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm not gonna lie. I don't like either one. I got so sick on him eating him as a kid. I threw up and I've never been able to It is weird.
Speaker 1: I never did like him until now, and now I am especially all about Cannilo. But I just don't like jacking with Heaven too. I don't do it. I don't like get him whole and cut it myself. I just go to Kroger and get around tally at Kroger and then grab a package of him. So yeah, yeah, package of them. And then sometimes it's sometimes you're roll the dice. Sometimes you can get some nice, really good fresh stuff, and sometimes it's kind of hard as hell, so you never really know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 4: It is. It's a little roulette.
Speaker 1: This is Clayton Anderson with us. He's later on tonight, seven o'clock. Did you say at the State Fair? Correct? Seven thirty. We hit the stage. It's going to be a good one. Seven.
Speaker 4: I haven't been practicing for this one. We're gonna bring We're gonna bring the heat. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to ask you about this because I mentioned this to our our mutual good friend Steve a couple of months back. The Clayton's Country Bar is just humming, I mean humming right along too. But the uh when when Blake Shelton mentioned and I didn't even mention the new place, but he mentioned downtown Indy needed, you know, a good honky tonk, a good country bar, I thought, hey man, what the hell we are you talking about? Shelton?
Speaker 4: Did you see the post I made out?
Speaker 1: It was beautiful, It was right. It was right back at him. Now he knows about your place. Was Did you take that as a shot? Did you and Steve take that as a shot?
Speaker 4: I took. I took a little offense to it. I thought, I think it's funny because Blake's one of the funniest guys I know. I just don't think. I just don't think Blake, I said. I texted Blake's close friends, I said, you need to tell Blake get a lay of the land. So because because I don't know if he knows this, but I'm the most competitive guy that ever was, So I'm gonna go out of my way make sure sure we're running on HUMMA just as good as anything. And but I honestly, I think it's great for Indianapolis. I'm really, really, really excited. I think he he's just going to be the first of many that ended up coming. Actually even talking about Kid Rock he's interested in coming. So that's that's incredible that he would end up doing that. I think Luke Colmbs would come next. Their own by the Blake.
Speaker 1: Luke Holmes has his own bar two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got one down there called Category ten in Nashville, but they're owned by the same group, Grand o' opry is and I think they're all partnering with the Simons on stuff. So it'll be great for Indianapolis. I he's saying, we're going to be the Nashville in the north and it'll be awesome for bands. The whole gold starting that whole thing was to give bands a place to play around here. So I because I know, if I was starting over, I don't think i'd go to Nashville. It's to that expensive.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, downtown, you guys are part of the revitalization that he's taking part because everything else had been you know, you look at what's been going on in mass Eve. You look, you know, Fletcher or Fountain Square in that area, and you got to get back to the roots of what downtown was once again, and you guys are on the forefront of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well it's I think there's no higher compliment when somebody's told me, like, thanks for what you've done for downtown. I didn't really think of anything like that, starting it or doing it, but I obviously think, well, I'm obviously a homer for the state of Indiana. But when I moved to Nashville, there was this huge buzz about the town. There was excitement about it, and I feel that same energy right now with Indianapolis. It's incredible. I mean, we've got so much going on, so much good stuff, happening, and I think we just keep keep building it and keep making things exciting. But you got to get something. Nashville went all in on it. You know, it's the most landlocked town I've ever seen. Have so many people want to come to it, so we can continue to want to keep welcoming tourists and welcoming people. I think it's gonna be great. And the more entertainment we have, the more well, more tourists, We're gonna get it.
Speaker 1: And the one thing about it is it does it takes a little bit from everybody here, and I mean absolutely everybody. Even if you don't know it, don't recognize it takes a little bit from you. It does take a little bit from you. There's no question. Hey, congratulations to you and Hannah on Woody go out there at seven thirty the first time at the Indiana State Fair. And I'm assuming are you going to play any of the Colts games at all? I mean sometimes we'll see you out there before Colts games, anything like that on the schedule coming up here.
Speaker 4: I sure hope. So we played the last couple. I mean, heck, red clay trays. We may have been famous since they got open up for us that one year, you know, but no, I sure hope so, because I obviously I'm so fired up for football start again, and I sure hope they'll ask us to be a part of it. I haven't heard anything yet, so I sure hope we get too, all.
Speaker 1: Right, pal, Hey, go get him later on tonight. Congratulations with Woody and send some videos and pictures. I've got to go out there and shoot free throws against people coming up on Saturday, Saturday midday, I believe, yeah.
Speaker 4: And nice shoot. I might have to stroll over and see if I can make them.
Speaker 1: My sites are a little bit bent right now. I can't lie, so if somebody's gonna get me, it may be. The time is right now a little bit bent.
Speaker 4: Well, Hey, I appreciate you having me on, Thanks for supporting me, and shout out to all the four hers out there Lawrence County four. H Yeah, second to none club in the house. I was in the swine Barn. Let's go.
Speaker 1: We love our farmers for real, don't we.
Speaker 4: That's right, sell you what we'd be We'd be starving without them.
Speaker 1: You got it, Pile. I appreciate you. Go ahead and get him tonight. Have a great time, right, Thanks Jamvy, love me, buddy, you got right back at you. Clayton Anderson on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pileline. That's the Indiana State Fair coming up later on tonight. That is that seven thirty officially underway for that. He's our friend. He's been shipped off to Boston or in this case Foxborough, the Fan Morning Show, the Athletic. He was mia by the This Boy this morning on the Fan Morning Show. James Boyd is with us right now, Hello, James.
Speaker 5: What's up guys?
Speaker 1: So are you a flight right now to get back here to play at nine o'clock to night or what's happening now?
Speaker 5: I was tempted, though I'm not gonna lie. I was looking like, man, if I can make it back to get a run.
Speaker 6: And I would, but I guess I gotta stay here and you know, do the job, the real job.
Speaker 1: So when are you coming back?
Speaker 5: Coming back tomorrow morning?
Speaker 6: I will not stay for the game because Daniel Jones isn't playing in the game quite frankly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you get Anthony Richardson in the first half Thursday, Riley Leonard in the second half. I didn't hear today why, I guess is that the protocol that's going to go with the quarterbacks. So I know they're going to flip flop this against the Falcons, but why are they going to start the way they're starting on Thursday?
Speaker 6: There is no real reason behind it. John is just a preference, I guess for the coaching staff. I probably should followed up a little bit more on that with say Styching, But the bottom line is they.
Speaker 5: Continue to split the reps pretty evenly with the qbs.
Speaker 6: But in my opinion, I would still right now have it ranked Daniel Jones then Riley than ar because I think that Riley's just down a little bit more consistency throughout training camp.
Speaker 1: All right, So rumor has it, because I'm sure as hell wasn't there you were? A rumor has it that Sauce Gardner and AJ Brown had some battles out there today that Sauce really didn't measure up to the Patriots wide receiver. What'd you see?
Speaker 6: It's funny you bring this up because there's one play that's gone viral and it was a one on one route where Sauce Gardner slipped and AJ Brown catched the ball easily. The crowd goes crazy, and so that clip has gone everywhere now, But that to me wasn't the full recap of what happened. And Practice thought Saft did a pretty good job against AJ Brown. He had his moments where he had a couple pass breakups, sticky and coverage, and then overall I thought the Coach defense actually ended practicing on a high note there by ending it with an interception of Drake May. Camp Biden got the interception, but Sauce Gardner wasn't coverage. And you think about you know that play early on where people are, you know, hooting and hollering about him falling. You noticed Drake May didn't test him in that moment again by trying to go back to a J. Brown, You tried to force it over the middle of the field and it still ended up being an interception. So I think that one play, you know, just kind of clouds what really happened today.
Speaker 5: And I thought soft looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: So Buddy James Boyd rocking our favorite hat right now. Via the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline, there he is. If you're checking him out, you do, yes, you do a How does it feel not having to deal with a Tuesday Night with Rick Clark. I mean, that's worth it right to be in Massachusetts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it might be, but I think I love the rest of y'all more Rick opening up the gym for But yeah, thanks can get a little competitive and contentious on.
Speaker 1: Tuesday Night, no doubt about that. What else have you you gathered? And this is just surface stuff that I brought up at this and you can get into the whole PRP thing if you want, I know, you know awesome. Chris Ballard felt the need to clarify that today. How'd all that transpire from you being there?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I am so glad you asked me this question, so to give you the radio version because one day I should write a book about how this stuff goes.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 6: The bottom line is Adam Schefter went on the Pat mcafie show yesterday and he kind of mentioned in passing that, oh, by the way, Al Pierce got another shot in his ankle.
Speaker 5: So I do any reporter would?
Speaker 6: I reached out to people in the know within their organization and I was told and not just me, several reporter on the beat, Mike Chappell.
Speaker 5: Nathan Brown. You know, people have been here for a while.
Speaker 6: That this second injection did happen, and so I report that, go to sleep, wake up this morning, and you get a text saying, oh, you know what, actually we you know, this wasn't this was me misspeaking, you know, according to a source that I know in the building. And so that got to the point where Chris Baller probably felt the need to come out and just set the record straight on Alec Pierce.
Speaker 5: So, to my knowledge, according to Chris Ballard, he did.
Speaker 6: Not get a second injection, even though, like I said, someone within the organization twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 5: Said he did.
Speaker 6: So I don't think that it's necessarily a lie. It could have been a genuine misunderstanding. What the bottom line is. I think that sort of message can be confusing for fans, and to be honest, it's kind of confusing for reporters.
Speaker 5: I do take my job seriously.
Speaker 6: I know I joke around with you all a lot, but I wouldn't put anything out there without vetting it first thoroughly. And then to wake up to that sort of message this morning and having to re explain it or re you know, put it out there, re report it. It's kind of crazy, but it's something that I think will not happen anytime soon, or I can't say ever again because this is a weird game that we play with the sources.
Speaker 5: But that's the latest on that.
Speaker 1: So James Boyd the fan morning showing the athletic with us. You know, honestly, I think most people were would firmly believe you or your colleagues over the Colts for the past almost ten years. Now I like, for me, I'll believe all this is going to happen when I see him out there in week number one. And I honestly, James think that's a fair assessment to make, knowing what we have gone through over all these years.
Speaker 6: Recently, absolutely, I think people should have their doubt about, you know, what the coach could be overall the team man. When it comes to some of the injury news and it doesn't help win again, you kind of have to go back and you know, correct some things as a reporter because you were total one thing, but then in reality it might be something else. But I will say, just getting away from the PRP injections and all that talk, it was good to see Alec Pierce out there in cleets doing something football related. Now we couldn't videotape any of that, that was against the policy. But I did see him, you know, jogging and running little bit and doing some things on the field, which just hadn't been the case really at all.
Speaker 1: So he hasn't been out there at all prior to today. It's almost like that this was a little dog and pony show for you guys a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a lot going on the busy morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, do you guys feel like that that was weird considering what you hadn't seen. And then all of a sudden, now with the ballared announcement of what he says happened what didn't happen, then there's Alec Pierce. All of a sudden, right, there was that at odd.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was odd the timing of it, but I tried to read too much into things, you know, give people the benefit of the doubt. But I will say it was good to see him out there. And yes, John, he really hadn't done a whole lot previously. Like when I saw him at other practices, he was usually just standing off to the side talking to.
Speaker 5: Reggie Wayne Shane.
Speaker 6: Stiching, But today he actually did a couple of football things, but again no official participation in practice, but it was good to see him out there and hopefully you see him out there for week one.
Speaker 1: That is James Boyd at the Athletic and the Fan morning show us from New England on the Anymore Automotive Group podline. A lot of people are brought up, Hey, you know, these are measures they're taking because they don't want to go out and get somebody else, and obviously that focus has been that of Keenan Allen. I don't think this, to me is a testimonial of what they believe. They don't need anybody with eyeballs or acumen here whatsoever. Football wise understands that they need somebody else with those wide receivers in that particular group. It doesn't matter the hell of Alec Pierce or anything else. They need something more than DJ Montgomery. I think we can all be on the same page with that in mind, can we not?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And that was one of my takeaways today, John from watching practice, especially when they got down like the red zone. A lot of the success they had was through Tyler Warren and Josh downs and if they wasn't those two, the completions were kind of hard to come by. I thought Daniel Jones did a fine job today. He had his good moments in some moments that looked.
Speaker 5: A little rough.
Speaker 6: But I can't put it all on him, or the offensive line or even the play caller. I just think that you can't scheme your way into more talent like you can get away with it for a little bit.
Speaker 5: If you get banged up throughout the season.
Speaker 6: But I do think that coach he to invest in their wide receiver room, whether Alec Pierce come back fully healthy or not.
Speaker 1: James Boyce with Sharvari's wards stayed behind with I think what was described as a or two things. One was a back aggravation of shorts. What more do you know about that?
Speaker 5: That's all we know for now.
Speaker 6: I did ask Chris Ballad, hey do you expect this to be a long term thing?
Speaker 5: He said he couldn't give a timeline on it. That don't sound great.
Speaker 6: And so anytime I hear about back things and timelines and stuff not being clear, I get a little worried about it. And just from a mental standpoint, I don't want to go too far with this. I do want to hear from Savera's ward himself, but I started to think myself of him, like, man, this dude has been through so much, whether it's injuries or off the field things with his family and things like that, where you wonder how much is weighing on this do to still play the game of football, so it's still play in the NFL. So we'll probably hear from him at some point later this week, hopefully get an update, and I'll definitely keep asking even behind the scenes what's going on and bringing you the proper report the first time. But in my opinion, it was certainly a development that we can't just ignore or overlook because he's supposed to be a big, big part of the defense.
Speaker 1: As you know, John, I will say this, James and I like him a great deal, but it's always hard for me to comprehend those that seemingly, and I think that this was accurate, seemingly have one foot out the door and then kind of bring themselves back in. It seems like if you're kind of retired at some point, then you're fully retired. This is always going to worry me, even beyond the fact that the guy has been through so much, both mentally and physically, it just makes you wonder what the breaking point might be for him.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you know, he's only human.
Speaker 6: And he's also talked candidly about thinking about retirement and walking away from the game and how I loved it when he flexed about it. He's already accomplished everything you can dream of in the sport. This is an undrafted guy who's been in the league now for about a decade.
Speaker 5: He's started in multiple Super Bowls, he's won Super Bowl, he's.
Speaker 6: Been a Pro Bowler, he's been an All Pro, he's gotten two lucrative contracts, and so he's done everything that you can imagine that you dream of when you're five, six, eleven years old.
Speaker 5: And so yes, I do think that that's a.
Speaker 6: Conversation he has to have with himself, probably more often than other athletes. But at the same time, I don't want to get too ahead of myself. We'll see if there's any updates for vide later this week and as we get closest to the season, because like I said, they have built their defense in part with him in mind, and so I think that he's going to be a big part of his defense. Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy and kind of end his career on his own terms.
Speaker 1: So do you think Anthony Richardson makes this team?
Speaker 6: I do, I do, and I know a lot of that chatter has gotten louder over.
Speaker 5: The last couple of days.
Speaker 6: I will admit the night practice that actually killed Zula with that the other day, it was not good.
Speaker 1: He's been more than I have.
Speaker 5: Hoops.
Speaker 6: Guy, you're to be out there on the grass and you know you typically you know, practice over the time your show started off the hood.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for giving me that relief right there. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, I got your back there, I got you back.
Speaker 6: But my thing is that with Anthony, I just think you need to see more consistency.
Speaker 5: He had a rough day, Like I said last week, he actually looked better today.
Speaker 6: I thought him and Riley were more consistent today against the Patriots, fittingly against a different team.
Speaker 5: But I don't know if it's enough to say you'll be the backup.
Speaker 6: But I also don't think that it's been like so agregious where you just cut ties with the number four pick. Altogether, I think that if anything, even if he is your QB three, what's the harm in keeping him around? I mean, he has one game for you in the past, and you do have some injury history and quarterback room beyond just him. Daniel Jones isn't the most durable guy. Riley Leonard isn't the most durable guy. So I wouldn't mind keeping a guy as my third guy who's already won eight games in the NFL.
Speaker 1: What have you thought about arden Key one and then ultimately missing game number one? Is Taylor Britt with that suspension that we saw over the week and it was handed down I guess from an incident off the field that happened back in January. Your thoughts on both of these guys From what you've seen defensively in camp so far, I think.
Speaker 6: Arden Key is going to be the other starting defensive in opposite of Liao two lots. He's had some good moments throughout camp. I don't think he's been dominated by any means. I don't know if he's going to have the same level of production as you would want in a number one defensive end, but I do think he'll get some good reps there and they can just rotate other guys in there, and then when you look at someone like Cam Taylor britt He's been like their backup slot cornerback, so he's had a significant role in the defense. And consider what's going on with Saveria's ward right now, and Justin Wallings has an injury history and things like that. He's a valuable player for your team. So I do think they're going to miss him in Week one. You want to come into the seasons as whole as you can, and obviously having a guy miss a game because it's not an injury, but something off the field is not ideal. So yeah, I believe he got his license suspended or he got charged with reckless driving and driving without a license back in January and Cincinnati, and I had to spend five days in jail because of it. But it seems like the colt are pretty aware of that and the possibility of him being suspended. So that suspension will start on August thirtieth, and so he'll serve that until September fourteenth, so he'll be.
Speaker 5: Out from basically cut down date.
Speaker 6: When they got to get to fifty three and then the start of the week two. So it is a notable loss, but obviously not too big of loss because he's not a starter and it's not for more than one game.
Speaker 1: Any names that you are interested in seeing coming up on Thursday and that preseason game one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I thought.
Speaker 6: Will Mallory had a really good practice today. Tight end from twenty twenty three fifth round pick, he's kind of been hanging on. I think that he's a pretty good pass catcher. We'll see if he can flash some more and earn his spot on the fifty three man roster going forward. I think that the cornerback room is kind of interesting. Behind your top guy, Jalen Jones is someone who started, you know, for you full time a couple of years ago, and I'm wondering if he's even going to making the team. And then you look at running back behind Jonathan Taylor. I want to see Taph McGowan. I think that he's a tough dude out of Kentucky, a bigger running back, and someone who quietly has earned the opportunity I think to be their backup behind j T. Which is kind of crazy to say because he's the seventh round pick. But he's looked good and about today.
Speaker 5: He had some.
Speaker 1: Moments James Boyd with us before I let you go. I didn't want to get to the fever and the call was right. The ejection of Carrington was accurate. You know, the after the game stuff in the locker room was ridiculous, but that was all on her. But I thought that again we saw Stephanie White postgame wise miss the mark in making sure she continues to keep her team galvan Ice, did you agree with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that she's done a good job of that this year, John, But I would have probably approached the foul in my interpretation a little bit differently. I thought that she tried to kind of go out of her way to defend the nature of legione Carrington saying, Oh, I don't know. I don't think it was you know, intended, But do the intentions matter when the results are that bad? Like if if we go play on Tuesday night and I value like that and I tell you, well, I didn't mean to do it. Yeah, does that make you feel any better if I clover you across the head? And so I think that that was a moment where she could have defended Sophie Cunningham and her own team without caring about the feelings of the other team, because that ain't who you're coaching, So maybe a miss mark there, but overall, I still think that she's done a great job this season considered all of the things that have happened with the fever, and quietly they're still winning games at a pretty high rate.
Speaker 1: The play was reckless and it did speak for itself. I was disappointed that she took the direction of what she did, and I don't have a complaint at all with what she has done coaching wise on the floor, and I think a lot of people, I don't think they see that compared to you know, just how they view her compared to Caitlin Clark, and you got all these different dynamics going on. But yeah, certainly the floor aspect and the ex's and the o's, it is tough for me to really see why people would have such a significant problem other than the fact that she's always going to get all the blame and never going to get any of the credit with this team. And that's the way that it's going to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the game that we play. And unless she wins the championship, people are always going to be critical of her because she coaches Kitlin and that comes with its own spear of nonsense and craziness, not because of Caitlin, just because of people I think that maybe aren't the biggest basketball fans and will see her as something else. But as far as Stephanie goes, I thought this conversation would have kind of.
Speaker 5: Been put to bed after last year because they made it to.
Speaker 6: The semifinals and within a quarter, within an overtime period of reaching the finals with a ragtag group of women, you know, with a bunch of replacement players. And in this year they're playing well again where they've given the top teams in the league some tough games and they've actually won a game against the Aces, and they're right there to think of being in that you know, top four, getting home court advantage throughout the first round of the playoffs. So yeah, I'm not buying the Stephanie White can't coach. It's just can you manage all the other stuff on top of it, which is.
Speaker 5: A tall task for anybody. And I'm glad I matter her shoes honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just jet it's constant with that group and even when it's not done on their own or done by the WNBA, and it's just that part is ridiculous. That's what we try to keep it at the basketball level. With the basketball level. Maybe they're not completely living up to the expectations, but they've been, at least recently trying to close in on that. All Right, you're back tomorrow morning. Correct, That means no hoop tonight at nine o'clock at Center Grove West.
Speaker 6: I know I'll be thinking about you, but I guess I'll watch the Fever game instead.
Speaker 5: Keep my feet up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the Fever game would be about over by the time we get started. But I imagine so tip to.
Speaker 6: Sevens gets the second half with you guys, or I take the score or something like that.
Speaker 5: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, safe travels back here, man, We'll see when you get back. We got more time.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I make Kalob go absolutely everywhere I play basketball. Now he's forced into it. He has got no choice, no choice, no saying no, He's locked. If I'm going, James, he's going. Let me tell you the way that it works, pal, Safe Travels. James Boyd, The Fan Morning Show, and The Athletic