Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to a new episode of the Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Kennethy and is joining me on the show, Spike, Mike, and Rod. What uh we're talking about?
Speaker 1: The Smash Machine, which is a twenty twenty five American biographical sports drama film which was written, directed, co producer edited by Benny Safety Safety Safety Safety.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's based on a documentary which.
Speaker 1: Is about and a stream fighter called Mark Kerr and as Dwayne Johnson the Rock who is playing Mark Kerr. Emily Blunt is Kurr's girlfriend Don Staples, and then you have Brian Bader, Baz Rutin and Alexander usk And is supporting role. That's the twenty four movie.
Speaker 2: Yep. Uh so hm hmm. I want to start with what you got right? You like this.
Speaker 3: Great performances. I can give a ship about this story. I can give about this story. Great performances, though I do agree with them there. It was performances in this movie, but I was bored at my fucking mind got these at least four or five times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Spike, this movie was so uneventful. Like I don't think that I don't care about the story. Either.
Speaker 4: But what I will say I liked it. I don't know why I was entertained by this. Maybe it was such a good job that the Rock was doing, so I didn't hate it. But I sit there in it was like I should be way more mad at this movie because nothing happened, Especially if you don't know who dude is. It makes a lot of sense that you say Ken is based on the documentary, because it felt like you was watching the documentary about some shit you could care less about. But like I said, I didn't hate it as much as I felt like I should have, mainly because of the Rock. I think the Rock went an award for this performance, like he bodied this. I also think his wife did a great job. So all in I it was okay, right, I liked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked it. I guess I liked it more than y'all did. But I liked it. I didn't disliked it.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 3: I guess I like it when the Rod then at least, But I will I will say this, it was an enjoyable film, great performances, cool shots. It did not serve the purpose of informing me in any way shit.
Speaker 5: Perform about this fucking Mark Kurr guy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I don't know fuck all about this dude.
Speaker 3: All I know is he was big as hell, had a girl that was paining the ass, and he got on drugs and he lost some fights. They really did not bring home the idea of who this guy is and to have the the audacity to end this ship we're trying to lecture us about. This guy is an icon and everybody should know who he was because he started the He was like UFC and Chop to explain this ship.
Speaker 5: I still don't know who the fuck this dude is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a really good point that you bring up. They didn't go into the logistics of why this is even a movie, like why the fuck am I watching this at all? And then it hit us with the credits at the end, like it was supposed to be some jaw dropping moment when they show him in twenty twenty five, was like, Okay.
Speaker 3: Was he no it wast or something? Cause why was he talking to himself? He was talking to us, He was talking to he was talking to you. He was looking at me.
Speaker 5: He did at the end, he was walking around talking.
Speaker 2: What did he say? He was shopping he was grocery shopping.
Speaker 5: He was loading his car.
Speaker 3: Why did they even pick outside of fucking BJ's to show this dude, what is going on?
Speaker 5: This as a regular guy.
Speaker 3: I was just like, all right, but god bye, guys. I thought I thought he was endearing. I didn't think the basket talking to you.
Speaker 5: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: I'm almost positive. I thought that was.
Speaker 1: Cool, like to have him in the in the movie. At the end, they even showed photos. Did you'll stay around watch photo? I did not stay around. I saw maybe two or three and I left. Yeah, I saw like I saw more than two. But yeah, about the tenth one, I was out and I'm like.
Speaker 5: Directed for this himself loading his card up.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm not watching.
Speaker 3: He was kind of he was kind of talking to so I did think that was that was interesting. He was talking to us. He was just kind of He's like, guys, he's just like I had the fucking closed captioning thing and that ship just said indecipherable right because.
Speaker 2: He was trying to he was he was kind of mumbling them in his breath.
Speaker 5: Why would he be mumbled if he's talking to us, Because I thought he was.
Speaker 2: Talking to the camera people though not us. I thought he was talking to the people that were following him around, like the people.
Speaker 3: In his head that were following him around. Ken, No, he was talking. He was supposed to be talking to us. I think if I'm.
Speaker 2: Not guys, I don't know, like bye guys. I get he's like bye guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so weird, but he was weird in the movie though.
Speaker 5: He wasn't that weird where I would think he's just walking around.
Speaker 2: He was kind of something.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, first of all, I did not like this movie, but I did like the end ending because I did not expect the ending. But I didn't like the movie. But I think that seeing him in the end of the movie, and then after watching the Rock playing, I think the Rock nailed it. And that's what I was thinking too. I was like, is this is the prosthetics necessary? Like did you have to do this to the Rock? And I saw the wig face they did face you couldn't tell that was the Rock? Really, yeah, that looked like the Rock to man.
Speaker 2: No, No, when you cut it.
Speaker 3: Even then I was yeah a little bit when he cut it, he don't look like the regular Rock.
Speaker 2: Damn. Really you thought he looked like record. I thought that was the Rock, but it didn't. That do not look like Dwayne Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it did not look like it did not look like the Rocks.
Speaker 6: And the man look at the speech patterns healed this wasna Academy right yeah, this yeah, this was And I'm like this, SAFTI is the director.
Speaker 2: Bennie didn't cut Jim.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like him as a director. I love him as a director. He's done something my favorite joints.
Speaker 2: But great job.
Speaker 4: They did a weird thing in telling the story. That's one of the things kind of they left out stuff. Yeah, it was like show that. Yeah, like just putting us in there.
Speaker 3: I happened When I dozed off, I was like, nah, they just was jumping jumping, was.
Speaker 2: Like bro hold on.
Speaker 3: I never dozed off or got bored, but I was getting frustrated because I was like, Okay, when did he really get hooked on drugs? Wait a minute, he's in the rehab and then he just show him walking out.
Speaker 5: It was like, wait, well what happened when he was in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you see him he's drinking a beer, but he's getting on to her about you know, you're not taking but I'm like, bro, she could take abab but what.
Speaker 2: A beer ripping? He called it, said he was chewing abvil.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I kind of felt her at first, but did she was a painted ass.
Speaker 3: She wasn't paying ass towards the end, but that seemed like that was a result of him being a fucking asshole. And I couldn't tell is he an asshole because he's an asshole or is he an asshole because he's an addict.
Speaker 5: So I was confused about that ship. And that's that was annoying me.
Speaker 3: It's like, bro, if you're trying to make us want to know more about this guy, you're not doing a.
Speaker 2: Fucking good jobs. Facts.
Speaker 4: They treated us like we were UFC fans that already needed story.
Speaker 6: Yep, and that's all. It was in my theater too, fans. Yeah, I had the ear.
Speaker 3: It was pat Some of them had the UFC the color Flower, some of them had the uf SERI at least fourteen to fifteen people.
Speaker 1: It was definitely what Yeah, so so the first one, My god, So I don't know if we're doing the show about well, this is really the worse movie experience. But I picked the wrong showtime, so I showed up at I was trying to go seeing at four, so I don't want to be at the movie theater late, especially because I had no desire to see his movie.
Speaker 2: But I picked the wrong movie theater, so I got there. I was stuck.
Speaker 1: So but I say all that to say that when I was picking my ticket, it was a lot of seats. Yes, yes, for the four o'clock showing. It was people looking to go see this movie seven o'clock. It was a little light, but there was definitely people in there, and it seemed like they enjoyed it. But I just like, what in the world is going on? I don't know who this guy is?
Speaker 4: Still nothing, Like it's interesting they made a movie about him, Like they didn't tell us that though, Like that wasn't very clear, Like I seen him going to the different tournaments, fighting in the different leagues, but they didn't give real context.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, the issue is the only thing they show was him fighting in Japan. Why why are you not showing us that he was a pioneer of UFC.
Speaker 2: Was Brazil right Japan? You called it Brazil to the right?
Speaker 1: Maybe the first first the first one that showed open with the whole interview I guess that's that was in Brazil, dude, like a way to establish who he is to us. And then it went into all the fighting stuff, and it was I just kept waiting for something meaningful to happen. The trucks thing didn't really do it because you can see that he was going to be on truck. He's in there looking through the different prescription bottles and stuff, looking for stuff. He's telling their the lady, Yeah, I don't want to put it on my assurance because they are hassled.
Speaker 2: He's very charming. Yeah, he was good. Yeah, I think he's in disarming.
Speaker 4: They was greateish for his charm. I agree with that, but they didn't like again, they didn't do it good. Even the I've never lost thing. I didn't realize that he was had never lost a fight, and then until he said it and then they made the big deal about it being a no decision. I think that was a compelling place that they could have explored more on how that was affecting him, But they just skipped forward like now he a drug.
Speaker 2: Like wait, what we did say early on that he hadn't lost the fight. It was just like, I don't know how to feel I never lost. Yeah, but that was in an interview.
Speaker 1: I think that's that when he has been an interview.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, how would that feel? This is like one of the first fights in the movie, and it was like, well, I don't know how feel. I don't know. I never lost the fight. I can't I can't really say how they would feel.
Speaker 1: You know, It's like it sounds like a little bit he was and then he went out and gout.
Speaker 2: But I was with him, man, that that was cheating. That dude like that. And they read several times, three times.
Speaker 1: Which is why he kind of stayed bottle up because he thought that I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: He said, It's like, that's why I didn't move.
Speaker 4: I like the interaction afterwards too, he had with the you need her should shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: In the head, but he was so calm. That was dope. What do you think that was fake though?
Speaker 1: Because there was it was one that was on the drugs and then there's.
Speaker 2: This other version. I think there was some sarcasm to it.
Speaker 4: But he was on the drugs then, because remember when he something happened to the dude that was training him and he was like, well, he on this stuff, but he was different when he when he was on that stuff.
Speaker 1: Because remember, I think that led to him losing a fight. Was Dawn and him had a argument and I didn't think he was focused.
Speaker 2: That's how I thought he was.
Speaker 1: Gonna lose last first. Yeah, remember she came in there. He was a little weird and ship like that. She was like, what's wrong with you? And they had an old spat.
Speaker 2: They never even explained that.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like I assumed it was acting like that because he didn't really want her there and she came in the room, but they didn't explain why he was like not speaking to her when she came in the room.
Speaker 2: He was being funny towards her.
Speaker 4: Then got mad at her for calling it out exactly, But we didn't know what was.
Speaker 1: And we had to put it together because of what happened at the end of the movie. That was the best thing to me. I still didn't put it together. Well, I think we had to take that part at the end and go all the way to the beginning to figure out, Well, if he didn't want her to come at the end the of the movie, maybe he never won her.
Speaker 3: There in the first In the first but she said that he told her that he wanted her to come didn't make any sense, and the second she walked in, the trainer started acting weird. YEA, I have no clue. I think I think they think she's a distraction. She is a distracted, right, But he's scared to tell her that. Why did he invite her? He specifically, she said, you told me that you wanted me to come, because I think she would act funny if he did.
Speaker 4: Because even when she found out that they were having a conversation about her not coming to Japan, he still wouldn't own up to it. He was still like, no, no, I want you there, I want you there, when really she's like, I got the voicemail.
Speaker 1: You're telling them that we have to we have to take the moment at the end of the movie and apply to early early situations.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 4: She did a great job, I think, But I didn't believe them together.
Speaker 2: You an't think they looked her? Is he too?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: They had no muchemistry? Zero? But I thought there was because he was weird.
Speaker 5: Why y'all keep saying I didn't think he was that weird.
Speaker 2: He was like Mike Tyson weird.
Speaker 5: I didn't get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like Mike Tyson weird. I thought he was very O.
Speaker 3: C D and like very much like, Okay, you know this is my this is my routine, this is what I want and you know, like when like when she sucked up his shade.
Speaker 1: Smoothie, it's like, but you didn't he thank you for making it even though you got it wrong though, But I like, bro, that's weird, like you didn't know it's it's a banana and a half now instead.
Speaker 3: Of have he's an athlete. I can see athletes acting like you here. I don't do skim milk.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: I switched to that last week.
Speaker 2: I could see that. But I thought both of them some way.
Speaker 3: Because she tried to help him and he didn't say thank you, got you so she I mean, I would be fucking annoyed to my girls. I ain't making for real, I'm not making you ship asked me for a bowl series. I think what you said something about that you didn't think it was authentic, like with him being kind to the other fighter but his friend or after he lost the fact he lost, I felt like it was sarcast so so I think it was sarcasting, but I think he still did. He actually did, like because you remember when they went in the doctor's office. She's like, you guys hate each other.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I think they were real. No, no, no, I ain't talking about his friend. I'm talking about the dude that.
Speaker 1: I think they have a certain level of I don't think that was his friend, but I think he has a certain level of respect for what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just saying that was fighter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I thought you was talking about his friend, because the dude was the one that flew out to see him when he had overdose.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's true. You're not talking about him. We're not talking about his teeth work.
Speaker 4: I think he failed. They said he fell out, so he hit his mouth on the ground.
Speaker 2: He failed. Is that what they said. I thought he didn't say it, but they said he fell out. I thought that's what he spent out when he when he hit that head button. He I thought he spit out his know, he was the teeth came.
Speaker 4: The teeth part came when he was overdosed. She was like, I found him on the floor. He's not responsive. That's what happened. He fell like face first and his teeth came out.
Speaker 3: I don't usually say this, but they needed to tell me that.
Speaker 5: That's when this fool was like, oh yeah, everything's fun. I'm like, wait, where the are your team?
Speaker 2: I missed it. I didn't even know he was missing to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was like he looked like Danny Brown.
Speaker 4: But I think that was a really good scene because dude was like, bro, stop bullshiting.
Speaker 2: Me, man like, and he just broke that started. See.
Speaker 3: I thought his teeth would like that because he was like he was on hard ship.
Speaker 2: It was from the drugs and he failed. I thought he was doing messy.
Speaker 3: Were trying to feel in too many They left a whole.
Speaker 2: Lot of the imagination. If you know, you know, if you don't, well, we're just gonna put this story in front of you.
Speaker 5: You're usually with that, though for some reason this tea to this didn't work.
Speaker 2: I'm usually okay with that too. I just want to say, with something else was watching, I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't mind him to feeling in and whatever, but this I just wanted to invested it. Like long Walk, they left a lot of gaps for us to fill in our imagination.
Speaker 5: But the story was compelling enough to where I cared to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first we got no.
Speaker 3: Like you you wake it up in the bed and you talking about oh yeah, everything was fine then, but you got no teeth.
Speaker 5: You got to tell him what then happened in your mouth? I'm your friend, I show up by the hospital bed. You have no teeth. Brought my first question, where like when the fun did he go to real?
Speaker 2: They showed, they showed him, didn't.
Speaker 3: Show anything inside. He walked in with a big ass bag and walked out.
Speaker 2: Ain't I didn't know that's what he was doing. They glanced the sign and then he went. I saw the sign when he was leaving. I was like, oh, he went to real.
Speaker 5: And he came out and was talking about how how much it changed him. But you didn't show us any of this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because he was and he was still an asshole and mad. And I guess he was because he was mad about the cactus. See, I liked stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Showed to me that he was obsessive, So that explained why he was like that with fighting.
Speaker 5: He's obsessed with winning. He has to win. So I liked that.
Speaker 2: But some of the ship I was just like, bro, what.
Speaker 4: The kid's conversation was weird too about the cactus when she was like, you'd be a good father, and.
Speaker 1: You keep saying, I'm with Oh, No, she did bring that ship up. Hold on, let me tell you know you're right. I think he was overreacting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be a good father.
Speaker 5: He why do you keep bringing that up?
Speaker 4: I meant to do that.
Speaker 1: It's always naggative about that ship to us.
Speaker 2: That's another one show like.
Speaker 5: That's why your teeth got knocked out?
Speaker 3: Shut up punk just She did try him a couple of times, like hit me, you gonna hit me?
Speaker 5: No, I felt on that.
Speaker 3: When he punched the fuck dorm broke the door, I was like, girl, if you know you better not going there was fake though.
Speaker 1: That looked fake ass door ripped apart, fake door, that door was.
Speaker 5: That's the clock that the rock.
Speaker 2: I beg the whole.
Speaker 5: That old reality show with the with the UFC fighters. Remember there was a show.
Speaker 3: I forget what it was called, but it was an old reality show about uf fighters and rampage. Jackson was on there and he got mad as and he beat up a door just like that.
Speaker 2: He ripped the door in half, gripped the door in slap.
Speaker 5: He would have slapped. No he did. I was like, yeah, fell apart, kid, it's the rock.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: If he walked right there.
Speaker 3: Think about him walking, I don't want to he was like this movie like the rap ain't even that big for real in real life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, niggas huge brock and he was. He always got better shape for this.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think he's well maybe taking so, I don't know, but either way, I believe he fucking fucked that door up. And when she walked in there, I was like, you stupid as hell. You stupid as hell. He about to beat your ass.
Speaker 4: That was a great scene though, before they was getting ready for the party and got into that fight and she grabbed a gun.
Speaker 2: All of that was real good. That was doing. She was tripping, she was like, she just was getting on his nerves, like bro Like.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast with pressing Plate today. Taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you were like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our director's cut tier and our bootlegs here and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you were just like exclusive content, you can join our boot legs here where you gain different things that we review along with the random and ratchet watchables. But if you would like even more power into the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the director's cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up. So head over to patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 1: Well, going back real quick, I like the part when that guy his trainer came in and that's when he got back into shape and the trainer came in. When the trainer and I felt on this because he was like, give me that ship.
Speaker 2: He said, I don't care what is hey man?
Speaker 1: When he got Spike, when he got this, she was like, hey man, what he's saying.
Speaker 2: I see why you sweating all that fight? This?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, he said, I don't see how you And I was like, oh, ship, so he be taking ship so we don't feel pain when he's fighting, right.
Speaker 3: I thought he was taking it because he was already in pain from being hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought he was taking it afterwards. But I think he was taking it before too. That's why he was high when he at the first Oh yeah, she did say that he would be feel like punches and ship and then he doubles down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then also like takes him out of it. Yeah, pops on top of his head. Then he didn't didn't. He just knew he was to do it. That's why he got up. He was like he got it, he got with Yeah, yeah, that was that was playing. But The Rock is Sex four to seventy seven. Yeah. When they said he was in the movie, I was like, that's a lot. Yeah, he said.
Speaker 3: Almost three hundred pounds. Man, he's knocking down the door. He can't knocking he man, y'all watch that door.
Speaker 6: Just if Rampage Jackson can do what the Rock can do it and that's an old door too, so you know, yeah that's true too.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, but I mean to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, one of us could probably bust through a door. Not as easy as that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but but no, I like the trainer getting him right, gett him in shape and stuff like that. That was good, and then going back out and winning the fight again, and specifically when uh, he.
Speaker 2: Had won the fights, he's kind of back.
Speaker 1: He's back on top spike, you know, the no contesting kind of against him, which I thought him losing that fight was gonna send him in a diard spiral, but it kind of got erased.
Speaker 2: But like, I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: But when uh, when she showed back up because remember she remember she messed up that damn thing he bought. She broke, broke that ball, ain't gonna bring it and blue that ship back together.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna get this ship off my.
Speaker 3: I thought that seems good man, because she was like, that's thoughtful.
Speaker 4: That's one of the most awful things anybody ever done, to take the time to put it back together like that, knowing that how I gave it, she as a heart feel givet you know what Japanese.
Speaker 1: Thing, okay, And I believe that she just there for the money. She about to win two hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Dollars And I never got that. I never got what.
Speaker 2: No, are you serious? She was for the money?
Speaker 4: She didn't know, she wasn't there. I never got money motivated.
Speaker 1: And why she show up after he wanted to fight and a chance to go compete because she Yeah, they seemed like they were.
Speaker 5: Why would she come back for the money when he lost?
Speaker 2: When he lost, she left?
Speaker 5: No, when she when she got back together.
Speaker 3: They got married after after they've been married for nine years, they married today?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no way, No, I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah he said that. Yeah, they still married.
Speaker 5: They came back for six years and they had a kid.
Speaker 2: Why did they even frame it like that? Then? That is a good point.
Speaker 5: That's weird.
Speaker 2: Why why didn't say they're married, they.
Speaker 3: Got married, they had a kid after six years and they're still married. Why would they frame it like That's weird?
Speaker 2: Ya. I don't think she came back for the money. No, I never got that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what I thought, because I think that's why the guy was looking at him.
Speaker 4: She's a distraction, like you've been you've been here locked in with me. I got you back right now, you're going to go. And I'm assuming that he came under the context of them being split up too, because he had been there training with him for a while and she popped back up, and now you're going to be distracted again and waste.
Speaker 2: Thinking what I was thinking. Oh, you ask him to pop up.
Speaker 1: Now there's a chance to when life change that I never got.
Speaker 2: That's why she wanted to go to Japan. That's why all his homies were like, hey, man, her because.
Speaker 4: It's one of them couples. You know, it's be like no, you know, they shouldn't be together, but they don't.
Speaker 1: She still calls him to lose as soon as he.
Speaker 2: Defin all that was flashbacks about to shoot her. I couldn't move my body. That was pretty cool too. He was like, I couldn't move on know what happened? I couldn't. He took that loss in stride. He took both loss and that first loss, that first lost.
Speaker 3: But what I mean, it's like he wasn't he didn't leave the lead hurt. I'm telling them emotionally mostly yeah, the first fight.
Speaker 1: The way he cried after the first first loss, when he lost that second, I guess I was like, oh, he was just flying like.
Speaker 3: A little He definitely didn't leave that he was crying, didn't even close the door.
Speaker 2: Now you're right, the.
Speaker 5: Fucking jeneral walked.
Speaker 3: I was like, just wrong with you, big ass like they're crying.
Speaker 5: That ship would look grand, that looks super great something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a big dude like that.
Speaker 5: Why are you crying like this?
Speaker 2: And what is about to happen?
Speaker 5: Are you about to murder?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: Big and crying?
Speaker 2: It's crazy? They be walking out the T shirt and panties.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yo, bro, a big ass T shirt?
Speaker 2: Something crazy?
Speaker 3: Something is wrong crazy, I'm asking you crying absolutely it's a big assy. I'm gonna tell somebody else, a big ass half that could do the other room crying?
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 5: And not just regular crying sobbing a bit.
Speaker 2: More fu crying like that. Bro, Something is definitely wrong and I don't know what it is. I don't want.
Speaker 1: I don't want seem like he can handle anything right.
Speaker 2: The panos is happening.
Speaker 3: It's somebody bigger than him and something They.
Speaker 5: Got him crying because if something made you cry, I need to go. I'm not prepared.
Speaker 3: Whatever made you cry, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I don't. Man, let me leave this.
Speaker 5: Premises, But no, I agree with that. The gun scene was really good. I believe her.
Speaker 4: I was like, that's probably the best part. I thought it was a wrap. I thought she was done. Yeah, I did think she was gonna kill her. Yeah, ship, that's sucking up because he really loved her, That's why. And I think that he realized in that fight that he lost the second time when he was thinking with the flashbacks and then him showing like they got married, like he realized that she was more important to him than like fighting was.
Speaker 2: He thought it was the other way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you guys think he was gonna lose that that fight?
Speaker 4: That's why I said it was uneventful, like why he didn't even make it to the finals.
Speaker 5: He didn't, well, not the final finals, but he made it to like the one round before it was.
Speaker 2: Some rocky bullshit. No, this was the best part of the movie for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just knew, because I don't know anything about this guy, I just knew they were.
Speaker 2: Going to meet each other in the in the final fight. I wanted that.
Speaker 3: I don't think he wanted to fight his friend either, So part of me, part of me it, yeah, part of me thought he might have just like through the fight, I don't know if he did or not.
Speaker 1: No, there was I wondered the same thing. And the scene that made me suspect that was when he was smiling in the in the shower.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, he turned around and was smiling and being sad.
Speaker 4: See, what I thought was going to happen was his friend was gonna purpetly lose him.
Speaker 2: That dude was ready to fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all he could do was because he can't act for ships.
Speaker 6: Yeah he's a real fight because he's definitely an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a real fighter. The trainer, I think it's a real fighter. Expect. Yeah, that dude was actually good. I thought, yeah, trying to get his real name.
Speaker 5: He's actually a real fighter, a fighter fighter.
Speaker 3: But what happened, the things were good. When that dude was punched rock in his face, I was like, that looked like act this out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but yeah I was. I was.
Speaker 1: I was surprised that that he lost that fight and his friend went on to win.
Speaker 2: I did not expect.
Speaker 1: You know, it's movies, brot, typical Hollywood s.
Speaker 2: You know, and he need him in his honor. He did the same move on him to honor. You brought that up. It was like payback he needed. He beat him with the with the knee moved that. Think I missed that. Oh yeah, he beat him with the knee mood that he hit his friend with.
Speaker 3: But he didn't bust him in his head though, in the side was in his head like he hit him like two or three times with the knee the same.
Speaker 2: That's how he won. Yeah, yeah, it's my lick back. The Asian guy ended up winning the whole thing though, right, No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark Cooper Cope, the other dude got disqualified.
Speaker 1: He got hurt, No, got he got hurt. His leg was yeah, remember Mark Curson. Yeah, I took him out for you, so you're good. Knee his leg or whatever, his tivvy or something like that, so we couldn't fight.
Speaker 2: So he was he was out since you was taken yep. Yeah, and bring it home.
Speaker 3: I liked it, And man, I didn't want to see them fight because I.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to see I want to see them fight.
Speaker 4: But the way they shot they shoot it like that, right, it was so intimate. It felt like like a real documentary. I don't know if it was like the film that they Yeah.
Speaker 2: They used real film. And then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that that's pretty simple to shoot it like a doc how you would shoot a.
Speaker 2: Documentary basis no, no, no, no, just saying the processes, the processes like a documentary. I look like a documentary. He's a camera like.
Speaker 3: I just thought he did have some extra insight. No, I would have to go back and see. I mean the director is really good, like I.
Speaker 2: Like he gems.
Speaker 3: He did that the same way. So yeah, his style is dope. So obviously it's a style that he's perfected.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not everybody can can't you know, uh, I'm not trying to say perfect that or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I feel it was done very well. Like now that I think about, he looked. Yeah, it's like handhild.
Speaker 3: But that's that that requires a certain skill to that, and most documentaries are kind of hild.
Speaker 2: We have had a better movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I saw this that it's it's the worst perfore Man box office movie of the Rock's career.
Speaker 3: This is I mean, yeah, fast and furious big he does like, yeah, it makes sense that this would be a not well but Andy, it's like it's indy.
Speaker 2: It's not a indy. This is definitely absolutely, So, how the hell did we end up?
Speaker 5: I think because they were they were I'm sorry, bike, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I think we said we wanted to see the Rocks performance in this because the clips looked good.
Speaker 3: Who said that, and it's A twenty four after y'all can blame you can blame me inspite the you know what, because they were they were saying that, yeah, here, y'all go with that bullshit. Because they were saying that that he was probably going to be nominated for an award just based off his performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all think he could win an award? Miss Yeah, yes, I do think he can definitely be nominated. So that's why we were watching it. It's what we were watching it for. Yeah, that's why we watched it.
Speaker 5: I think I think that hwent four probably wasn't the best studio to do this.
Speaker 4: They needed a rioter to ask, like flavor to.
Speaker 5: This, A twenty four isn't the kind of movie that I want to watch, this kind.
Speaker 2: Of biopic from that's true.
Speaker 3: Like a regular ass studio I think would have flushed this out more where it's A twenty four is more concerned with not that AH twenty four made it. But I mean, when somebody makes a movie and it ends up coming out through A twenty four, I'm like, uh, I'm probably not.
Speaker 5: Gonna get a really detailed story.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get a bunch of interesting shots and incredible acting performances.
Speaker 2: And that's what I got. I didn't get a fucking story. Yeah, that was the issue with it. I think the rock was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was the premise behind us reviewing it. And I think at least I feel that check that box.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just the story was not it, you know, so I very playing, yeah, very It wasn't an interesting story at all. Shout out to Mark Kerr. At least he got his movie made.
Speaker 5: I hope you're.
Speaker 2: They said it. What's made you? Somebody was behind me.
Speaker 5: I thought that weird ass white dude.
Speaker 3: Oh my, but it was weird he did it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was too loud? Bro Yes.
Speaker 3: About out of get that man, some groceries.
Speaker 2: Talking about by guys. Yeah, bye, who there? All right, man, we'll leave it there, man, We got you guys. Next time we are