Speaker 1: All right, Zach Austaman's in Chicago is going to join us, coming up at the four o'clock gower. Mike Chapel, Colts Camp coming up at the five o'clock gower on the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline. He was outstanding here in high school. We know that to be true at Sinegrove, the pride of Greenwood of Ohio State and a selection in the spring NFL draft by the Colts. Let's welcome on board, Kayt and Curry who joins us now the Andy Moore Automotive Group plotline?
Speaker 2: Kayden, thank you for the time.
Speaker 3: How are you doing great man?
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me out here.
Speaker 2: My brother walk us through it so far? How has it been on me? Hell media? Two days deep into this process so far, But how has it been?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Two days, four nights. I mean it's been great. I mean just getting in here, getting settled in obviously, trying to make it home as quickly as possible. And it's been great. I mean, getting to meet the guys even more, getting closer and tighter with them, and just going out there and doing my thing, playing the sport I love. So can't complain right.
Speaker 1: Now, does it make it any more special because you ended with your hometown team.
Speaker 4: There's definitely something behind it.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously I not know what it is until later on or right now. I mean, it could be little, it could be big, but I know there's something behind it, and I know it's just all God's blessing and I just got to make the most of it, come out.
Speaker 4: He every day and compete.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have to pinch yourself when you first heard that they were going to draft you back in the spring of the drafting?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 1: Wow, you got to be kidding me right here? Was that the destination you thought? Or might there have been another destination for you at that time?
Speaker 3: Ever since I saw that three one seven call call, alrighty, I knew, uh, I first saw it was a prank call, but after it I definitely, uh, just kind of it all sank in at the same time and felt I blacked out for about three minutes.
Speaker 4: It wasn't real.
Speaker 3: And uh, I mean after it all said and done, I mean, it's definitely just such a surreal moment I got to take in every day.
Speaker 1: Kat and Curry joins Sudney Andy Moore at Demotive Group Potline training camp at drop Bly Grand Park up in Westfield and going on right now.
Speaker 2: I'm curious too.
Speaker 1: You have at every single challenge at every level and probably have been told in the past. Yeah, you know what, I don't know if this is going to be for you and you've proven people wrong. Is this just another kind of rung in that particular ladder of trying to get to where you want to go? And really it seems like the environment in which you thrive a great deal as a part of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, obviously I'm not going to shy away from competition and battles. I mean, you got to practice, You got to make mistakes to get them corrected. You just can't make the same mistake twice. And I feel like that's why I do such a good job at and just being a great teammate. Obviously, you wantn't be the guy that everybody likes being around and just making sure you take all the advice you can get, be a sponge as I've been hearing around here, and just soaking it all up and really just making the most of it every day, taking one day at a time and just working aside as they possibly can.
Speaker 1: All right, now, you're going to have to hand the old man some advice here, if you wouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: So I'm not mistake free.
Speaker 1: I make mistakes all the time, and then I compound those mistakes by making them again. So how do you come compartmentalized mistakes and then move on from them to not make them again? Because to me, somebody like me, Kayden, that seems to be a special skill.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously I still make mistakes. Everybody's human, but uh, it's just I mean from a football aspect, it's the mental reps. It's the reps outside of practice, it's the reps in the meeting room. It's just making sure that you keep going over until it's kind of engraved in your head.
Speaker 4: And obviously it.
Speaker 3: Sounds a lot to easier said and done, and then you got to actually be the one that's going to go out there and do it. You can say a lot, but are actually going to do it. So that's really what I kind of go at, and just making sure that I get my extra time in and uh, just praying are.
Speaker 2: You always prepared?
Speaker 1: Have you been a guy that not just in sports, but just in all fascets of life. Do you always feel like you're somebody that's going into whatever situation it is prepared.
Speaker 3: I'm always thinking about the worst before I go out there, and then obviously preparing for the best.
Speaker 4: You gotta see both sides, and you.
Speaker 3: Got to see how you want to see it, and I kind of got to manifest what you want, and you also got to be prepared for things to go wrong. And then that's when you kind of have your backup plan and obviously you don't want to go to it, but I mean it's always got to be there setting stone, just so it's ready.
Speaker 4: Kayden.
Speaker 2: Where do you get your competitive gene?
Speaker 3: I love to say for my parents, but it's also from God too.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's kind of my special ability.
Speaker 3: He gave me just to keep going no matter what and just to embrace the grind. But I also give it to my parents and my brothers. My brothers, especially growing up I was the youngest. They definitely gave me the beat down in the backyard on the basketball court and just for us football and everything. They made sure that I was the youngest and that I knew every day.
Speaker 1: I often thought this that it benefited the younger kids that are playing when you get knocked around by the older dudes. And that's why when I play basketball as an old dude, we play with the younger guys as well, and it seems like they get better just by playing against an older group. Even if that older group has no chance of being as good as the younger person, it always seems to it'd be beneficial when it comes down to competition.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, if you're the young guy, then you can't compete with the older kids.
Speaker 4: You're not playing, so you had to step up and you had to be.
Speaker 3: Out there practicing, getting those extra reps just to be able to play with them.
Speaker 4: So my brothers always have.
Speaker 3: So many friends over and they'd be doing basketball tournament, so I'd be out there two hours before and getting my shots out of being sure, I wasn't letting the order hit the bigger kids down, so I had to make sure to hit my shots too.
Speaker 1: How big was Eric Moore in your life? You're high school coach at Sine Grove. I have a great deal of admiration for him. He knows that too, and every player, a former player I talked to of his, basically says the same thing. How would you describe your former high school head coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just from the beginning kind of when I went in to play football at Centegram at high school level, I was still kind of a baseball oriented guy. I thought that was my past, and he kind of just showed me the light. He showed me what it definitely needed to take to get to that level, and he just showed.
Speaker 4: Me how to embrace it and love the game.
Speaker 3: And just from how hard a summer workouts are. But I mean, obviously you start you hate it, but when you get done, you definitely see the benefits and you see why you do it, and you see why it's.
Speaker 4: So important to get out there and just do it every single morning. And just the way that he kind.
Speaker 3: Of mentally gave me the game of the life in life and sports.
Speaker 4: He taught me how to be a man.
Speaker 3: Obviously going through high school wasn't as big as it is going to college, but I mean he definitely made sure that I was college ready and definitely just was prepared and just going into any situation with the most and maximizing the most out of every single day. He's definitely somebody very important in my life in the early stages and definitely one of the strongest men in my foundation.
Speaker 1: By the way, when you hit four hundred foot bombs in baseball, people are going to view you as a baseball player.
Speaker 2: You realize that, right.
Speaker 1: I've heard the stories because Rick Clark has had the tape measure and he's measured your home runs and he's told me foot bombs.
Speaker 3: I bet he's playing great music while doing.
Speaker 2: It way way too loud, probably and inappropriate at that too.
Speaker 1: Aiden Currige joining us something anymore? Automotive group plotline? How much has Patient's been involved in all this too? And because of your preparation at Ohio State, how do you feel about going into your rookie season with the Colts? Because you did wait your turn in Columbus and as we saw, it paid off big. You're really betting on yourself in this and it paid off for you. How do you get that patience and then how do you also take that patience to the NFL level.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a bit different.
Speaker 3: I mean, in college, obviously, you know you have four years to kind of get it done.
Speaker 4: You know, you have.
Speaker 3: Your freshman year to kind of learn, your sophomore in junior year to kind of grow, and then your senior year to be dominant. That's kind of where I was kind of looking out of going into college. But here in the NFL, you definitely have to Just they're not looking for patients. You got to be urgent every single day. You got to earn your spot. I mean, there's only fifty three people that can go, and there's only fifty three people that can play, So I mean you got to make sure that you make the most of every rep that you get and just minimizing the stakes. You can't make the same mistake twice. And obviously you got to grow as fast as possible. Obviously the older guys are going to help you along the way and they have more knowledge than you. So you just, like I said before, it's got to be a sponge and just embrace everything that's around us. And uh, I mean really just just that grind. I mean, being patient is so many different ways to it at the mental aspect of the physical aspect. I mean, truly just doing as much as you can every single day to make sure that you're the best version of yourself and just fighting for it every single day.
Speaker 1: You get a lot of high school fans, a lot of people you grew up with that, have checked you out up there. The first couple of days a proces.
Speaker 4: I'm getting I'm getting everything.
Speaker 3: The past two days, I've heard kids yelling, I'm from North Central, I'm from Westfield.
Speaker 4: You beat me, you ran me over.
Speaker 3: I'm like, guys, come on the game, it's whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm getting a lot of it right now.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a lot of Fernando haters at me.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm getting.
Speaker 1: No, you're not getting You're getting Mendoza haters because of that hitting the Big Tent title game.
Speaker 2: Wow, that still comes in direction. Huh.
Speaker 3: I just I just keep telling him, I'm just hey, I'm gonna I'm gonna make you some good memories here so we can just wipe wipe the past.
Speaker 1: Well, Dady fans, that was a hell of a hit, and he was the first one to say that that was an incredibly clean hit. But well, that's a signature for you. You created a signature moment for him at the same time too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it definitely was a two way street.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's such a great player, and uh, I mean I wish nothing but the best for him, but uh.
Speaker 4: It was on our it was on our game plan.
Speaker 3: I mean kas Patricia told me, he said, if you guys want to beat these you guys, you got to take that quarterback out.
Speaker 4: And uh, I.
Speaker 3: Guess I took it very literal and had the opportunity first play.
Speaker 4: I mean it wasn't it was definitely.
Speaker 3: Uh it was a hard hit, but I feel like it was clean and uh, I definitely made sure checking on him the next couple of plays down in the drive. I mean, had those first couple of plays of the game. Everything's just the training ones going. So did you check you checked in on during the game. Yeah, down later that drive. I mean obviously he went out after that. I was gonna let let this let the medical staff get their time with them. I'm not going to try to interfere during all that. But when he came down later down the drive, and make sure to check in on him, just to make sure he's knows that I wasn't trying to do it blatantly and dirty.
Speaker 4: So I was just making sure.
Speaker 2: Have you talked to him since that at all? About that?
Speaker 3: I saw him at the combine, But that dude, come on my first pick. He's famous. So I gave him his his little area, given time to just be himself and uh, I mean hopefully later on we got to see each other.
Speaker 1: I gotta love it though all those people said you ran me over, you ran me down.
Speaker 2: You tell that's that's great. That is awesome.
Speaker 1: You I didn't even think about that dynamic, the local dynamic, because of the way and the level on which you played around here.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty awesome. It's got to be gratifying as well.
Speaker 1: You got to laugh a little bit, don't you, because they're all going to be rooting for you here really soon, you know that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean, I mean those guys are they grew up with me. They are guys that competed with me, and they that they were once playing with. I mean, we were a very dominant teen center grow we had more than just me. We had so many great defensive players that we to the next level, so many great offensive players, a few you guys in the NFL. So I mean, honestly, just being able to play with those guys and be able to play the kids around here. I mean, everybody kind of just grew to be better versions of themselves. So, I mean, you see so many people from the indie level, and it's just why football's growing in Indiana. Out you just see so many players that are going on moving on to the next one. I feel like Indiana football is just kind of growing in all spects, and that's even high school, college and NFL.
Speaker 4: And that's just what we.
Speaker 3: Want as a state really, not even just teams alone, just everybody getting better and kind of growing to be one of those kind of dominant football places that everybody wants to watch high school football.
Speaker 4: From the start.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I've been told, but I know this to be true. You have a big fan sitting right here. I'm very excited for you, man, I'm very happy for you, obviously, proud and Coach Moore is a really good friend of mine and he's told me great things.
Speaker 2: I don't even have to tell you this.
Speaker 1: Go out and get them, continue to move forward, but hopefully we'll track you down again. But it's always a great conversation. We are incredibly happy for what you've accomplished.
Speaker 4: Keep going at it, sir, man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your cooking tour is actually here out here today, so I just got to talk to him a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, telling me talk to JMV today and he'll probably cuss me out or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will see it.
Speaker 1: Pal, All right, take care, guys, you got it, Kayt and Curry right there the Eddy Moore Automotive Group Potline.
Speaker 2: You guys are yelling Mendoza adim and stuff out there. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: That is pretty funny stuff, Kayden Curry. He is, as you can tell, an incredibly good kid. How about Matt Patricia, You got to take that guy out if we're gonna win Big ten title game? And it was Indiana and that was a signature moment for both. That was a signature moment for Mendoza getting up, coming back out there and leading his team to a win. Pretty cool stuff. And then he checked on him later on in the game. Cayden Curry on the Andy Moore Automotive Group pot Line. A lot more for you as well, Day number three of the Colts. Mike Chappel is going to join us for a breakdown of Day number three coming up later on of the show State Fair Passes and more for you on this Thursday, Do Not Go Anywhere, It's Naughty three to five and one oh seven five The Fan