Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome everybody to a new episode of The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Can it be in chere along with Spike sitting across from Mike's sitting right next to him.
Speaker 1: What up, y'all? H we have a guest. She's back, Hian.
Speaker 3: You guys, how you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let everybody know where they can find you and what it is that you do.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you guys can find me on YouTube.
Speaker 4: At small Time World, there is no underscore or anything, but on social media you can find me At Small Time Hero there is a underscore between the time and the Hero.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you can find me on social media that way. You can find me on YouTube that way. I am a YouTuber.
Speaker 4: I do commentate and do reviews on like shows and things like that, and you know, stuff that pissed me off.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so yeah, tell them what shows.
Speaker 3: Oh, right now, I am covering the boys.
Speaker 4: I have a Saturday morning show where I go over like old cartoons and new cartoons.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm behind this week.
Speaker 4: I had a lot going on, but yeah, it's coming out Monday on Memory to Day, not Saturday. But yes, I cover those cartoons right now. This week we are covering rocket Power. We do a deep dive into rocket Power. I'm covering the Boys and next week, starting next week on the twenty seventh, I will be doing spider Man Noir.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Well, today we are here to discuss X Men The Last Stand, which is the final film in the original X Men trilogy, directed by Brett Ratner. Oh so yeah, I'm sure you haven't seen any of them.
Speaker 6: I've seen X Men, but I don't remember this being the final one, which is why I was confused by some shit to happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, final one that trilogy trilogy. Yeah, just in that trilogy, h is. The plot is uh loosely based around uh story arcs Gifted and the Dark Phoenix saga, which I'm more famil with the Dark Fenix saga than I know of them. I don't know if I'm too yeah astonished to ask me. I don't really know about the Gifted.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: Budget of two ten May four sixty mil so, uh, it performed well, so I guess out the gate. My question is, is this the worst X Men movie out of all the s Men movies created?
Speaker 5: It was pretty bad?
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all ruined X Men for me. I used to think they were good until I started talking to y'all. Y'all hated them so much, and then I watched this one with the same hate that y'all had.
Speaker 1: Knew it was bad.
Speaker 5: It was bad.
Speaker 6: I couldn't believe because I thought I liked all of these movies, and I don't know I do it at all.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, Mike, Oh yeah, this movie is ass. This movie is unwashed ass.
Speaker 7: And I didn't even know about all of the issues that played it, like they couldn't get a director to stick around and all this other shit. I just wish they had just not made the movie at this point because it's so bad.
Speaker 1: Is that Ratner?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, what about.
Speaker 1: You, sir?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I don't have the same hate. I don't have the same hate.
Speaker 4: But I will say X men, the last thing was the worst out of the three. But like, as far as those first three movies, it was like good bad, good bad or bad good, I don't know. The third one wasn't great, but the second one wasn't terrible. The Dark Phoenix storyline.
Speaker 3: For me was.
Speaker 5: It's been non.
Speaker 4: Existent, no, But also like, what, that's not even the that's not even the phoenix I don't know what the fuck they turned the Phoenix into as far as like from the car, like from the from the comic book to the movie, I don't know. I yeah, there was a lot of moments in there that sucked. But I don't hate the movie. I can watch it in secession, like if you're doing uh, Like, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Just gonna watch it by it self.
Speaker 4: Hell now, no, I'm not just gonna go watch that one by it So there's nothing for me in it other than everybody being called a bitch. I had to rewatch it last night, so like like maybe six or seven people get called bitches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I.
Speaker 5: Remember it being bad.
Speaker 2: I don't think I remember it being dispatched. And I don't know why Mike it baffled. But I remember when I first watched this movie, it was it was all. It was like a flood of memories returning. I was like, oh my god, I hated this ship, you know. And I've been meaning to go do a rewatch of all of the X Men because I think there is there you can tolerate them. I don't think this was tolerable for me, you know, And that was that was the issue. So you know, what what other two in this trilogy?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 1: Yeah, x x Men.
Speaker 5: Was just it was just an x Man and x Men too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Brett Singer did the first two, yes, and he left and didn't do this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went to The Superman Returns, which I think that was pretty bad too, wasn't.
Speaker 5: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I think people look at it as a good movie. I think like Superman fans like decent Superman.
Speaker 5: And they like all the damn Superman movies.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so there were so many issues with this movie. I think, man, it's just I just don't know what they were doing. That was the issue I always had, Like, you got a story, stick to the story. But yeah, so we're like in the beginning, we meet Jean Gray through dies of Professor Ettes and Magneto and they go up roll up on her bike and they meet her in this house and they're immediately trying to sell the Dark Phoenix to us by showing a dark side of young Jean breath Yep, Like what are we doing? She picking up all these cars and dropping them and shit like that. It's like I've never seen that side.
Speaker 5: Of her before.
Speaker 6: I was just about to say, is this the first time that that's happened in the series, like them trying to present the dark Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well outside of the cartoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, happened in the cartoon. Yeah, yeah, I remember it happening in the cartoon. Yeah. But I just wondered how they tried or went down that route with the movie. They did that in the movie.
Speaker 4: I don't even think when they started making them move making the X Men movies that they knew they were going.
Speaker 2: To try and do the dark Phoenix, right, So clearly they want to do the dark Phoenix thing, but there's a lot of people that they think don't know the story, so they're gonna rewrite the story to make it more palatable to people that are unfamiliar.
Speaker 5: And they didn't want a dark comic book movie.
Speaker 7: That was That was a big part of it, is they dark comic book movies weren't a thing yet, so they were afraid that this was going to be too dark for people to enjoy, which it probably would have been, I mean not for us, huh.
Speaker 3: I was it was good?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Yeah, if it was good and it was dark, and they really stuck to that Phoenix story. I think a lot of the comic book nerds would have liked it, but you're casual fans. They probably have been like, nah, I don't want to see people dying. I don't I don't like this. But then they still ended up killing people, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah they did.
Speaker 2: We'll rinking a lot of people at the end. At least I think, you know, we ain't seen it blood. But yeah, so so that was Jane Gray. Ten years later, we introduced the Warren Worthington who was cutting off his wings.
Speaker 5: So, but this scene is kind of dope. I can't front.
Speaker 7: I actually really liked this scene, and I wish they would have kept this energy. To see a young mutant in the bathroom trying to carve off his own wings so his dad doesn't come in and disown him. I think this could have been cool, but they abandoned. They abandoned this story immediately. Worthing Ten was worthless this whole fucking film.
Speaker 5: Yep, he ain't do ship, he ain't come back to the end.
Speaker 1: No Angel, Yeah he only made two more appearances.
Speaker 5: And they were both whack as fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you know people like angels who like Angel was dope.
Speaker 3: He's some people favorite X Man.
Speaker 5: He was dope and the fact. Yeah, that's how I know.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of people that be like, no Angels, don't wait wait wait the Angel with the wings or dark Angel.
Speaker 4: But of course it's still Angel though. But I mean, of course you gotta add apocalypse.
Speaker 5: But still I get Archangel because he was hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was with the metal, the metal in the Yeah, that was cool. But like it's people that argue you were down about Angel for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: The pretty boy Angel he got money spikes, so he yeah he funds everything, you know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so and then after that, you know, we uh they we meet Colossus.
Speaker 2: Who didn't really do ship roll, Wolverine, Storm, Ice Man, Kitty Pride. They're fighting using on all this other stuff. We get the Fastball Special which they used. It was it was Wolverine just walking around at doing ship and we found out there just in the danger room, which is cool.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then we see Cyclops man.
Speaker 4: James Marsden Cyclops is well, let me first say this, I hate Cyclopes.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Cyclops fan.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, is it because he's always bitching and moaning and wanning because he's still like more than Jean Gray.
Speaker 1: The Death of Jean Gray.
Speaker 3: No, it goes deeper than that.
Speaker 4: I don't like Cyclopes because of the comics. I'm a huge Storm fan. Like I'm a huge Storm fan. So him bitching, moaning and complaining about not being the leader of the X Men when you don't have no fucking.
Speaker 3: Powers was a lot for me.
Speaker 4: And then like you tried to take her and she didn't have her well, excuse me, he had his power, she didn't have her powers, and they got to find and she whoops his ass without her powers. So and then like he ran away and was like, come on, Madelank, we're gonna go. Like I don't like Cyclops.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, y'all.
Speaker 4: And I really think that James Marsden is a cool looking Cyclops, but I don't like Cyclopes.
Speaker 3: I actually hate that character.
Speaker 2: But I guess Mike and Spike it made sense for him to still be more than Jean Gray after all these years or how long it's been.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess I don't know how long, how long it's been between two and three, but yeah, it makes sense. It's you know, especially if you got the man that she was kind of eyeing in the same room, like walking up to you telling you to let it go.
Speaker 5: Fuck out of my face, bro, Fuck out of my face. That was my girl. You just showed up.
Speaker 7: But the whole scene because I actually do like James Marsen's Cyclops.
Speaker 5: I think he's cool.
Speaker 7: I don't like what they did here, and I get it he wanted to go do Superman as well, so he didn't want.
Speaker 5: To stay in the movie. But this was whack. This was super whack. And you don't even let us see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess, like my whole thing is, we don't even know for sure that he died in that situation because she eviscerated Charles and he was still loved.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, that wasn't an issue, uh, because it's just like he leaves and then he runs into her later in between that we meet Beast.
Speaker 1: Who's the second that was one?
Speaker 7: Was that Kelsey Grammar. Now this was a solid casting. I think they did a good job with bees. He looked cool.
Speaker 5: He did gar Who is that or from Cheers? The guy who made you kelse.
Speaker 3: Proud girlfriends as crazy as that ship sounds Cheers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but they got this whole thing. This is the premise of the movie.
Speaker 2: They got leech who suppresses meeting powers, and they use that to develop a cure. Rogue wants to cure because she can't get anything.
Speaker 5: He can't get nothing. I feel her, No, I get her, and that's what she she wanted to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: I ain't say anything.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even thinking that I was.
Speaker 1: I know, I wasn't. You know.
Speaker 2: I think it made sense for her to want to get the cure because she's around watching Iceman make all googly eyes with Kitty Rye the whole damn movie Iceman's Dirty.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it until, Oh, ship, is that why Drake called himself Iceman?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 9: Is that really why?
Speaker 3: I would rather the fact that he was lame like Bobby.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Bobby had two women, and one of them could walk through walls.
Speaker 5: I could see Drake fucking spinning this.
Speaker 7: I put up my walls to block out the emotions, girl, and you walk through.
Speaker 5: I can see this.
Speaker 9: Oh y'all, I just broke the cold. I just broke the cold.
Speaker 5: She's my Kitty's drinking down, you know what I'm saying. Boy, they called me the boy.
Speaker 7: I used to be a man, the X man. I can see all this ship man Drake, you you are you are, You're a genius for this bro no iceman as a whole, because that's fucked up what he was purpose though he was, he wouldn't hold his girl's hand on purpose.
Speaker 3: Well, he couldn't hold her hand, no.
Speaker 7: I mean he was holding kids prides, skating around the fucking pond and shit, that was the shit. I don't give a fuck. Let her go find somebody else to cheer her up. Why is my man over there?
Speaker 4: But also, like this is a question about just Bobby Drake in general. If he was really dating Rogue, couldn't he just like a thin layer of.
Speaker 5: Did they do that? I thought they do that in one of the movies.
Speaker 7: That's what I was thinking too. Did they I'm almost I'm almost positive that he did that.
Speaker 4: I know they did it in X Men ninety seven, the new cartoon. They did it with Magneto and Rogue, But I don't know if they did it with Bobby and Rogue.
Speaker 5: I feel like it might have been in two.
Speaker 7: I thought that he did like a light ice over his mouth so they could kiss or something that would I mean simple like made sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even like if you go down to the sex thing. I mean, it's gonna be cold.
Speaker 5: They can't have a cold as that girl. She's not going for that.
Speaker 3: Oh see, that's not it's not the place to head.
Speaker 5: It's always the place conversation. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Doesn't stay hard and cold like that's a question.
Speaker 5: If it's hard and cold, but all right, it will warm it up.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't want to melt it.
Speaker 7: Oh, she's gonna melt his dick and it takes powers. He shouldn't be able to keep it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: And if it's if it's like regular ice, it's gonna stick to her ship and it's gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: It might be all right, Kitty.
Speaker 3: No, he don't need it with Kitty though, he can just her.
Speaker 5: Regular What are we doing?
Speaker 1: And she can.
Speaker 5: My father up?
Speaker 1: Sorry, it just fucking hit me, bro, This is this is insane. I promise you, Mike. I hope that he didn't do this ship What your last name? Drake is boy calling him?
Speaker 7: No, it's a joke, I'm telling you away, Brols.
Speaker 5: It definitely had something to do with the Iceman thing.
Speaker 7: Hell, I can't touch a girl that's trying to steal my powers. I got to touch the girl that can walk through my walls. Somebody some drake ship.
Speaker 5: Somebody mentioned this in the road out. They just had something to do with X Men and some shit like it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, shut up. I don't believe.
Speaker 5: I believe he's that lame. Believe he's that lame.
Speaker 3: I don't believe he did cool ship.
Speaker 1: Anyway. This movie is pretty straightforward.
Speaker 2: There's a cure Mendo don't want him to have it, and that's where they spend a lot of time to do mystique.
Speaker 1: They capture her. Uh, he goes rescue her.
Speaker 2: She did have a line what she's talking about, I don't want I don't go about my slave name.
Speaker 5: Yep, you know yeah, I did like that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: We see the Morlocks and that's when he recruit uh some other people wearing at a sense mutants and that's how they found a steep And then you got Rusty who's part of the team.
Speaker 1: And then uh, your boy Eric from industry, did you reckon the man?
Speaker 5: I said, is that you Eric?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: He got the great hair ship. Now I couldn't That was young Eric from Industry. Every single he played on Loss too. The porcupine guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's bro from Rush Hour.
Speaker 5: This is from rush I was about to say, that is not Jackie Chan. You racist.
Speaker 7: I was about to say cut her micro no, no, no.
Speaker 3: That that dude that getting out the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: You want to talk about whack ass X men people. He has the worst powers because he can't do ship unless he get.
Speaker 1: Up on you.
Speaker 3: I think he could throw him. I think he can like like push him out.
Speaker 7: Of his skin and make Oh he should have done that, because he didn't do that at all. He's just fucking hugging people and killing him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of these powers are effected by the budget. That's why I was always yeah that they can do, which I hate, but I get it.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I did funk with Magneto in this. Though Magneto had that.
Speaker 7: He was he was he was tight, and he said that ship about uh uh by the time you realize there's an extermination that had already been too late.
Speaker 5: He was really talking that fucking talk.
Speaker 4: Magneto was on it because he told them from the beginning, if there's a cure, that they've already used it to weaponize, that they've already done it.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then when he was like, yeah, of course they will put the guns, yes, like it's such a small.
Speaker 1: He was like, of course guns. You know they put the current guns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, said they will draw first blood believe me, like I told you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And of course we already kind of sort of talked about this, like and I agree with you, Like when I got I forget they never really confirmed whether.
Speaker 5: Or not she killed cyclops. I mean, I think she would have said that she didn't she killed them?
Speaker 3: Was she that technically she didn't kill Professor X?
Speaker 5: No, he comes back.
Speaker 7: Remember in the post credits he had them on the table. I forgot how they explained out a way.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't remember them explaining. I just remember them doing that ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was, there was.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't because you watched him you disarranged.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it might be one of them ships that's like Danos, you know, the Dano slap, like motherfucker's just come back because Jean Gray died.
Speaker 3: Oh and I hate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was lame.
Speaker 3: I don't like the fact that they brought Robert Downey Junior back is do them Like, I hate that.
Speaker 2: Ship, and they did the thing because they did this in the comic too, Spike, where she was like, oh you take off your glasses, fine, I.
Speaker 5: Can control it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So they did that, and so this whole scene came out of the comics. I mean, I guess psychically he was she was. He was just called there, you know, and he just takes off his glasses, shoots and she just wakes up.
Speaker 1: And that's dark Phoenix. Yeah, trust me.
Speaker 5: The coming story, it's amazing. Is trash. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: And every time they try and do it, it just come.
Speaker 6: Out worse every time, especially Nelson's y'all telling me, Professor Hixston even died.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get into the post credit probably quick off as soon as the music starts play.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: Didn't make sense for Warren Wortherton's dad to be behind.
Speaker 6: The cure, Yes, because of how he felt about his son and having a wing. So yeah, he seemed like even in real life, if that worried in real life, he would be the person that's doing it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Did you get caught up when the angel bust out like this? Look at this as.
Speaker 5: Trying to come off my white waves. That is the prettiest white man I think I've ever seen in my entire existence.
Speaker 7: And you got the nerve daddy coming talking about I'm ugly trying to cut cut my shirt off.
Speaker 5: I don't know why he came out.
Speaker 7: Did you like when you jumped through the window though, that was the most unnecessary ship in this whole film.
Speaker 5: But he could just walk out the door?
Speaker 9: Why and and nothing cut you?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Just because you got wing?
Speaker 9: Can you just jump through the window? You have that much of ball head?
Speaker 5: Start?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: He just took four steps, just jumped.
Speaker 7: Out that motherfucker and just flew away. I'm like a face as pretty as that, you're gonna risk sucking that up. This ship was bothering me. This was the prettiest X men I've ever seen, next to Storm. He was and he didn't do ship. The whole movie of flying around. If you don't laying Joe ass down here now.
Speaker 5: He was, he was useless. She's like, I am so pretty this look at me. I'm just flying around this motherfucker. Y'all can't do this ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know. You got caught up in the rapture. Spike, when he did that ship.
Speaker 5: He said, that's my angel. You better angel. I actually said the same thought he jump out of the window. I swear I did. I thought the exact Sime. Did he jump out of the window.
Speaker 3: They made so many decisions in that movie that did not make fun of sense.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I know one thing. Spike no, I mean not Spike Woolfy. No, he loves him some dark Foenix bro.
Speaker 4: She was when she got him in that room, his bitch jeans Jeane belongs to Cyclope.
Speaker 7: He said, Phoenix's mon I got that bird Seed said, this is you. She snapped it exactly. Just go with it, motherfucker. She snatched that belt off.
Speaker 5: He said, oh, waiting, like he's been waiting on that his whole life. It's close popped out, the wrong one, wrong one popped out.
Speaker 4: I just feel like she deserved it because he been cheating on her their whole relationship, like within the comics, so I feel like she was.
Speaker 3: Cyclops is a constant cheater, remember that.
Speaker 5: I believe in the comedy.
Speaker 3: In the comics, he cheated with Madeleine. He cheated with No.
Speaker 7: He ain't know, just the one that. Yeah, he found out later, and I think he might have done it one more time.
Speaker 3: Married magine he married she was dead though.
Speaker 4: What she did okay, okay, we can move past that. We could go to Emma. That was on Thescape.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 7: It's been years since I read X Men, probably when I was like thirteen.
Speaker 5: I can't I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he was cheating with Emma. They were sucking on the mindscape and Jean found out. It happened in.
Speaker 5: Remember that storyline came out, was right, so you fuck him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He said, you fucking wood Ship.
Speaker 3: She was not, she was.
Speaker 5: She just banked everybody's mind. I don't remember it. What Colleen wool I remember her who Colleen Wood from. That's yeah, yeh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Cheating on Jane with Colleen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a fucking cheater woman, women, I say, I hate when I say I.
Speaker 7: Would We wouldn't have never knew that, right, he'd have been a good guy for ever showed up.
Speaker 4: He is a cheater, but like and that's I'm not like a super huge Jean Gray fan. I just don't like cyclos so damn. And he's just like a super duper cheater. I mean the Emma ship was like even even during the Emma shit, I think Gene was dead later and then she came back into comic writers were like, it's okay with Emma.
Speaker 3: If she makes you happy, Like, Bro, well, yeah no, fuck no, you was already fucking her.
Speaker 5: I died.
Speaker 3: What you mean, find somebody else?
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 7: Well, wolf Ring should have got him some. Absolutely, he should have got him some because that you got all this, I love you and all this.
Speaker 3: You ain't even come on, Bro, and Wolverine wanted to cheat it.
Speaker 5: No, he wouldn't. He loved that girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know Storm came in on the right night. I don't know that I feel she flew in on a night that was flipping around. You saw she was spinning around like that.
Speaker 5: Why you don't know what she might do? She could I spent it like this, but hey, Logans.
Speaker 7: I looking at that ship like, hey, bro, I never had nothing like that. I've been around for a lot of years, and I got a healing factor. She can't really hurt me, let's go.
Speaker 1: I was like, what the hell is she doing?
Speaker 3: Is it Marvel versus called three? What's she doing together?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's the same thing in the game. I don't know why they couldn't get Storm right. She's such a dope yea, and Holly Berry's great, So I don't know why they sucked her up.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, this was the fight at the house, Spike, so you get like the first fight, and I felt like they just wanted to kill Professor just to kind of raise the states.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, because it.
Speaker 1: Was like no reason for her to really kill them, no, Like it's just like just sitting there.
Speaker 2: It was, so I was wondering if, like, as you mentioned, dark, because when she was sitting in that chair and that whole thing, I was like, man, a real dark horror type of dark Phoenix storyline would be fucking dopey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, kind of like what they did with uh Scarlet Witch.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, that's what we should have gotten. It should have been like carry man. It should have been heard just going around sucking everybody up. Yeah, but no, Darth Venus killed a lot of the like she was planets. She is a mass murderer. Yeah, so she was basically wasted.
Speaker 6: They played it down in this absolute ship was just standing there the rest of them after this, when she just stood that, she didn't say shipping the rest of the fucking film until Wolverine had the stabber ass to save me.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's all she said. The whole fucking film, save me, save us from this wack asthma.
Speaker 1: I thought it was dope. And Wolverine was climbing on the ceiling trying to get a Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was definitely cool.
Speaker 7: Seeing him see Professor x Die was was pretty emotional. That was a good scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the house collapsed. Then they ran into the same room for no reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they got ourselves, but you know, I'm picking a part of the movie. So then you know, at that point they were like, all right, well you know, professor has we're done, you know, let's get but here can Warren asked, he's so pretty?
Speaker 1: He showed up, were like, now we're gonna keep this moving, right.
Speaker 7: I was like, well a minute, you trying to enlist? Okay, now, beat feet, shut the up. Look at this specimen. Look at this airyan beauty right here, we're leaving this school open dog.
Speaker 3: And beauty is crazy.
Speaker 5: Here, bru.
Speaker 2: He did all that flying still clean for real, white, pure white every time.
Speaker 3: Wait, no birds like pluck out man feathers.
Speaker 5: He got women to do that. He just lands somewhere and clean my way.
Speaker 1: Just show up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he look, I'm trying to find a place in Staates dorm. Was like, hey, I got a place.
Speaker 5: I got a place for you, and they can battroll together.
Speaker 9: And right right right?
Speaker 5: Did we see storm again after this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Later on.
Speaker 5: The finale, I got.
Speaker 3: A question, what may be Sleeve the government? What made him leave?
Speaker 5: I thought he was just coming there to help, Yeah, to be with his people.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he just left to be with them because they were in a time move Okay, okay what I thought.
Speaker 2: So we went to fight with his people, and you know, yeah, Wolverine leaves because he always leaving in the fucking comics, so he just will be left again. This yeah, they was they fought the Brotherhood again. Oh yeah, yeah, this is when they had the little camp in the woods.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Wolverine tried to for whatever reason, he thought it was a smart idea to sneak into the camp with Maneto.
Speaker 1: And a psychic. Was gonna worst fight. He said, I smelled you from a.
Speaker 4: Mile away, yo, Adamantia, And it's it's funny because Wolverine literally can smell other niggas from a mile away, so like you should know exactly what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Basically useless against Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pimp slapped the place like him.
Speaker 7: Through trees, bro, Although I did this is one of the few scenes in this film that actually really fun with him versus the guy that got Yeah, but yeah, they kind of ruined after this. But seeing Wolverine just running through the woods, just killing people, that's what we should have had this whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what was colossal? So lame? Was that bad acting him?
Speaker 3: They couldn't afford a good character, you know.
Speaker 7: What that was?
Speaker 1: No, No, I take that back. Jamie Maddocks who is mad Rocks? Who that was a Dane?
Speaker 5: I don't know either of the two people you're talking about.
Speaker 1: It was who Jamie.
Speaker 5: That wasn't what I looked it up.
Speaker 1: I was like, I know that voice and.
Speaker 5: That he got hair. Yeah, but that didn't look like him at.
Speaker 2: All, seem I looked it up and he had a minimum role because the only thing he did was pretend to be mutants and the army rolled up like you got me?
Speaker 5: That was every day?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Man, Wow, he looked so different, completely different.
Speaker 1: Ye, what was a my mistake? Right the snitch.
Speaker 4: Because she told me personally I would. I'm not blaming her, you know, like you just threw me to the wall like you.
Speaker 3: One of them said you were so beautiful man.
Speaker 5: You she wasn't no more.
Speaker 1: He was done.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about like did they do to you?
Speaker 5: Like he had't no compassion, no impact?
Speaker 3: That she saved him?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean that was kind of like who asked you to jump in front of this ship like that? You can't just say, hey man, a turn around, magneto. Magneticuld have stopped sh himself right with the plastic They were plastic, Yeah, I thought there, yeah right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: She's stupid, she told everything. Yeah, I would have like, yeah, she said, Eric, please, he said.
Speaker 3: Look at you like you ain't even blue, no mobile.
Speaker 5: You can't even change into somebody that I find attracted.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm out one of them now. That was the only reason I was keeping you around.
Speaker 3: Well, she's also like the perfect spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah she's dope. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the rest of it is just a big fight at the end, you know, Wolverine assumes leadership of that man typical Yeah, cyclops.
Speaker 7: This part really bothers me every time I see it, especial. Huh, just this the whole fight because y'all knew they had all of these people, Why did only fucking five six of y'all go?
Speaker 5: It made no sense all of them. There's a whole.
Speaker 2: Schoolfuckers can't fight that bring them anywhay.
Speaker 5: That's what I was like, What the rest of the X Men is?
Speaker 1: That was it?
Speaker 5: Where is night Crawler ass at? Because he was in part two? Yeah, he was in two. They could have they could have called somebody crawler this spoofy.
Speaker 3: This is is scoofy because he didn't funk off at the end.
Speaker 5: No, No, they just didn't want him in the film again.
Speaker 7: But yeah, maybe it was always because like there was a slew of villains and they're all whack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is why Man sent them in said in first that was cold too.
Speaker 7: But y'all show up with five or six of y'all hold the line and you're looking at Kitty Pride.
Speaker 5: All I can do is disappear.
Speaker 1: What you right?
Speaker 5: That's that That had been my fucking go to bunny in my ass. I tried, bro. My only power is this.
Speaker 4: I will say, though, if I lined up all my uh my toys and ship as a kid, I would put Kitty against Colossus because it makes sense dragging him through the floors. Juggernaut, because dragging him through the floor being able to stop him. Of course, can't nobody stop the Juggernaut, bitch, But you know, I hate that they put that.
Speaker 5: In there too.
Speaker 1: But I'm the Juggernaut.
Speaker 7: Bit.
Speaker 5: It ruined it.
Speaker 3: It was the Juggernaut, and they can't.
Speaker 4: Can't nobody can stop the Juggernaut, bitch, Like a few times, bitch was saying a few times.
Speaker 3: In the the scene where mystique is locked up in the in the van in.
Speaker 4: The trump that cracks me up every time and she turns into the little girl and he was in the The security guard called her a bitch, like.
Speaker 7: Every time I see it, die, I died. I don't support in them. That was probably the only necessary. That motherfucker deserved the Oscar for that ship.
Speaker 5: That ship he that every time. Yeah, but no, this fight was asked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't like the Bobby versus Rusty fight.
Speaker 5: Oh oh no, actually with that one, Yeah, that was kind of hard.
Speaker 4: I want I wanted him to turn into a snowman and not an iceman. But because I felt like that would have been like him like staying school, bitch, you turned into an iceman, not necessarily like yeah, I learned more than you.
Speaker 5: That ain't enough of me, like for Man the movies.
Speaker 1: That's why I was supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why I felt like he should have been like snow The.
Speaker 1: Snow would have been better because that was a snow man first.
Speaker 4: Him turned into a snowman is a whole lot different than him turned into an ice man.
Speaker 5: It would have looked a big ass snowman like the serious character and snow man.
Speaker 3: To my shouldn't be afraid of any ice water.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, I definitely get it a snowman not that scary, but still there's a good example of his powers.
Speaker 5: I with this fight, I kind of funk with the Beast fights a little bit.
Speaker 1: Beast looked dope.
Speaker 5: Those were kind of cool. Yeah, but anything with Wolverine, I was just like, man come again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But it was a trick, Yeah, it was. It was a trick.
Speaker 1: It was it worked even three.
Speaker 4: That he wanted to make he wanted to make sure, he wanted to make sure, and they still didn't last.
Speaker 1: She still didn't work.
Speaker 3: Make sure. I whoop yall ass And did they walk in the next day, damn bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: But then the whole ship with him versus Phoenix, I was like, bro, I don't care about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this really clearly illustrated.
Speaker 2: They just completely utilized her because they spent the last fifteen minutes supposed to be this dark Phoenix thing or she just went crazy and disintegrating people, and he just killed her.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, she's like, you would die for her or no? What did she ask him? You would die for them? Yeah, not for them, for you, for you, But you're not dying for me, Like you're lying, dude, right, you're fucking lying. Yeah, yeah, this part was goody what.
Speaker 1: We killed her? What was dope? When he took that fucking bridge though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and moved that mud to when it was going to that was fine. You didn't like that? Why because it was unnecessary? It was so unsary.
Speaker 6: A bus because somebody said they couldn't swim, right, yeah, all right, it's getting drive over.
Speaker 5: The fucking bridge. No, I'm a move It was only serve that corn building bridges. You didn't build a bridge though the built the bridge was built. You just have moved it and sucked it all up because I can. But you can also just get in a car. You ain't gotta drive. He just do this ship.
Speaker 4: An get everybody else that Mike get a big ass, but he's literally magneto. He can make them all fly by like using the or like the iron in the air and changing the atmosphere and make them fly over there.
Speaker 5: That's too much work, bridge, big as bridge and inconvincing everybody on rush hour.
Speaker 7: Man, you don't give a fuck about nobody, just inconvenience.
Speaker 4: But you know what, that makes sense because he is a holocaust survivor and it takes a whole lot to survive something like that.
Speaker 3: True, So he like, man if y'all, ain't with me, y'all.
Speaker 5: I'm always team Magneto. Except for with the bridge like that.
Speaker 3: It was just so much and I don't even feel like it was like a cool display in his path, Like.
Speaker 5: You just move the bridge. It's a bridge.
Speaker 3: He should be able to move in very easily.
Speaker 5: To like, and you like, ain't got to get to work. You just moving a fucking bridge. The only bridge we got.
Speaker 1: Motherfuckers that were not on that bridge. They called in the work late.
Speaker 7: And probably got fired, especially all the black mutes. What about them, they're the worst ones off.
Speaker 3: He don't give a football black mutic.
Speaker 2: Yeah he might not like it was unnecessary, but I like it because what man, He was like, Man, I don't give a fuck about any of this.
Speaker 5: Ship brom all, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm taking this fucking bridge, y'all. Did.
Speaker 5: The only thing worse than that was watching Storm get her ass.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They fucking kept playing the storm in her face and you get you let her get beat down by this little fucking hot topic. Guys, girl, who was that supposed to have no idea?
Speaker 2: I was going because they had art like in there her and all she did was clap one good time and then she didn't do ship the rest of the morning.
Speaker 5: He said, target the weapons, how you targeted?
Speaker 7: What the fut? That was like a gust of wind to me, this only break the weapons.
Speaker 2: And then but yeah, I don't know who she was. She just zoom zoom, she ran down, ran up to the top of this thing and then hit storm.
Speaker 5: It's storm on. Get that mother with a gust of wind and the other thing. When these motherers, I forgot where they were.
Speaker 1: Going, and they were like, what was like, I can't see ship. Let me help you.
Speaker 5: Why did you do that? Ship showed up?
Speaker 3: You can't see either, Like you can't just see.
Speaker 5: Through you never think head? What you why? I gotta say something? That's your clear up right?
Speaker 3: Don't nobody got to tell me to kill.
Speaker 7: Her. I don't remember a single time where you had to turn around and say wolverine, pop yo claws out and attack somebody. I know, the fucking assignment.
Speaker 5: She's like, oh, yeah, I can do that. I forgot you just not trying to beat the black people of lazy allegations. God damn, you're gonna make her Jesus she could have did it. She could have been done that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she could have been done that.
Speaker 5: And then she getting your ass beat. She beat the dog shadow Storms. It was Elete, the motherfucker the cooler lighting strike man. That's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, do y'all remember the did everybody here see Logan?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: What was a brother named the ball dude?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 3: Was it Cas? That's not Calisto?
Speaker 5: Oh the guy that was actually friends with all of them?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, the albino not Calisto.
Speaker 4: Caliban, Okay, Caliban can sense your power ratings and you're like when other mutants are around, and she had those two powers.
Speaker 5: Too, right, But they could also go really fast.
Speaker 4: Right, That's why I was like, who else can't, Like they just made a character because I don't know anybody who's fast like that but also can sense power and read power.
Speaker 5: Like they just crammed into this film, they didn't think.
Speaker 4: And then like almost and I would say, well, yeah, because I guess the first trilogy stands a stands alone from the rest of the movies, so it could possibly be blink or I mean that's still a lot though, Like just because she could run fast and make her blink, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't know who would have both of those powers like that.
Speaker 3: It's I've never seen that, not speed and being a like power scaling.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to look it up now.
Speaker 5: She ain't nobody, bro. They made her.
Speaker 4: They made it probably and then she had like the was that m or was it something else like Bishop like or was it a different sign on her face or was that it?
Speaker 7: I don't remember honestly, because I know she looked just like the other.
Speaker 5: Clapping girl.
Speaker 1: They did look like. Yeah, I thought it was.
Speaker 5: The other girl.
Speaker 1: Not to be racist, but they didn't.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's their fault. Was she kind of I thought they were like hispanic or something.
Speaker 3: She wasn't white.
Speaker 5: She definitely wasn't white. Yeah, No, she was like off white, tan or something spicy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but nah, this, Yeah, they could have done so much with this, But it's not like they can say it was budget because it's like these money these movies were making money. Yeah, they were very expensive, they were very expensive to make, but they were making money.
Speaker 4: I will say I do feel like they kind of they probably top they budget with their actors though, like and I feel like that's why James Marsen wasn't in there as much. I feel like that's why, like Storm didn't have as many then they Patrick Stewart, Like Ian McKellen is expensive, Patrick Stewart is expensive. So I can see them like, all right, if we're gonna make this work, here, you here fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: You hear, no fucking way. You know that's supposed to be Calisto.
Speaker 3: So I was right when I was saying that it was like Calisto. But why she fast?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't really have any of Calisto's powers.
Speaker 1: S men movies dot fandom dot com.
Speaker 5: They're making up that was not to death by Storm.
Speaker 4: Oh, I guess that's why they made this a big deal that she was fighting Storm, because Calisto and Storm have that leadership.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I get I guess, yeah, that that's I.
Speaker 4: Think that ruined the movie more for me, like because I thought it was Calisto, but I wasn't sure like if they were trying to do that.
Speaker 1: But oh man, yeah, that's that's that's pretty bad, and.
Speaker 3: That's that's really fucked up because she's really pretty.
Speaker 4: The girl who plays whoever the actress is gorgeous and Calisto was supposed to be in charge of the morelocks and they're hideous, so like that's even more like fucked up, Like these niggas live in the sewers. Oh that makes sense though, if Callisto was there at Leash was there and Leash joint okay, I mean, yeah, yeah, it was. It's take a long line, like a long piece of red line to connect it, but it some kind of way connects.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that's that's it.
Speaker 1: It's been the last time.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know how much Kevin Faii had to do with this, because like the Lord is so everywhere that I feel like he couldn't have had that much.
Speaker 3: I know X Men was his first Marvel project.
Speaker 5: But I don't think he was involved with this one.
Speaker 3: You sure look up this. I can't think I can.
Speaker 1: I think he was the one that got shipped, right mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Typically if he was involved in this, it wouldn't it could have been a big role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm that's right, that's the same.
Speaker 5: I did not know that. So these were the first three X Men movies very first.
Speaker 7: And then they kind of started. Yeah, they did the Days of Future Past, which wasn't bad.
Speaker 5: That was actually pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know that The Future Past is probably one of my favorite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's pretty good. Then they did First Class, I think, and I forgot was that Apocalypse.
Speaker 5: After that, he was the.
Speaker 3: Executive producer on X Men, Last Tame. He's an associate producer on X Men, co producer on X two X Men United, that's the name.
Speaker 5: United.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, he was the executive producer on Last Tame.
Speaker 2: He probably didn't have any power though, and maybe watching all this mess and knowing what should be what it is why he was like, nah, you give me a chance this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I had no idea he was involved.
Speaker 4: I remember hearing that his h his first like producing gig was X Men because he was the person that made a Hugh Jackman state because like, initially, when Hugh Jackman auditioned, he he didn't think he was gonna get the roll and he didn't have enough money to be there. So, uh, Kevin Faigy took you Jackman out for a state dinner, was like heyo, chill, calm down, We're gonna figure this out.
Speaker 3: And basically is the reason why Hugh Jackman is Wolverine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, larger wolverine I ever.
Speaker 4: Oh, he biggest hall and wolverine like like my height and brustocky man six foot tall wolverine is crazy because I think I think you Jackman like six.
Speaker 5: It's three.
Speaker 1: I think, sister, damn I didn't.
Speaker 3: Then we'll replaying basketball.
Speaker 2: He did play basketball in one of the comments. I think he was playing basketball with Cyclops and I think he sliced the rim spike. I guess Cyclope. Yeah, it was one of the episodes and Gammon was out there playing. I think Gammon charged them basketball up and ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It was.
Speaker 4: And that's why the play baseball because it don't make no damn scenes anyway.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That's our review of X Men. The last thing kind of going back in time. Appreciate you shot coming through and she got to check her out small.
Speaker 3: Time here ye, there we go.
Speaker 5: So we'll cut you guys next time. We off peace