Speaker 1: What's up y'all?
Speaker 2: Be sure to tap into our YouTube channel On December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard time, we will be reviewing James Cameron's latest release, Avatar Fire and Ash. As the Avatar series asks its third installment, we would discuss the film itself and if it needs to continue. This will be our final live show of the year, so be sure to come check us out and share your commentary and questions.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: That's December twenty first, at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com FPS podcast.
Speaker 3: The Frames per Second Podcast. What up everybody?
Speaker 4: And welcome to another episode of the France second Podcast. My name is Kenniz Beyan joining him on the show, I got Mike and Rod whatever, y'all.
Speaker 1: What's up man?
Speaker 4: We are here to review the new movie Frankenstein by uh, how do you say his name?
Speaker 3: Gilmor thorough.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did Shape of Water. I he won for that? Actually yeah, hands Labyrinth Devil's back.
Speaker 3: Isn't he hit a miss?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: Can he be?
Speaker 1: Most of them are, for the most part.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen anything I haven't liked yet I can think.
Speaker 5: Of at least did you watch the Pinocchio one. I did not watch Pinocchio. I did not watch Pinocchio, but I heard it was good though, I just I just didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I knew about it until after it come out and been out for a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I made a chance to check it out. But yeah. He also, you know has hell Boy that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to find I was trying to figure what.
Speaker 3: The other Pacific rialm play too.
Speaker 1: See. I like Specific Room. It's not like a movie that you just like, oh man.
Speaker 4: I go to go see it, but it was it was It's a weird movie because I don't think it's necessarily a good movie.
Speaker 3: This one I could just watch.
Speaker 5: Whatever, solid like, Oh that was my god. I can't believe it wasted more time. It wasn't like that.
Speaker 3: But did you feel like you wasted the time with this one? Now?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I was pleasantly surprised that I like this.
Speaker 5: I think I just went in and with like just lower expectations, like okay, what is this they got on there?
Speaker 1: On your notion, I was like, okay, Frankistan.
Speaker 5: Because they're supposed to it's supposed to be a Frankistan movie dropping with.
Speaker 1: Who's in it? That's the Bride you're thinking of the Bride of Frank That.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called it's called and what's what's Batman?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Robert christ Bell? Yeah, he plays is Frankistan Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems good though I don't know, it seems it seemed good.
Speaker 5: But so yeah, I was like they trying to get theirs out first. But now that you say that, it is about more about the bride and the other one. But no, man, it's I thought it was solid. I thought it was a good I think I'm box this up in the Netflix watch. I think I think this is a good Netflix watch. I think it was like, oh, yeah, you ain't got nothing to watch on Netflix. This is a good one. I don't know how it would have felt about it then, n No, I think it's damn no. I'm thinking I want to take that back a little bit. I feel like it's a little bit better than a Netflix watch.
Speaker 1: I'll say that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, he had been trying to make this two thousand and seven. I think ye, so so yeah, he finally got it done.
Speaker 5: And I don't even think it's him. I think it's just the Frankenstin story. I've seen it, so I think it's more so that than him, because he did it well.
Speaker 1: I think he did it. I think he did his rendition of it well.
Speaker 3: What do your thoughts, Mirke?
Speaker 2: This was definitely this should have been in the theater. Was this was was excellent. It was excellent from start to finish. Oscar Isaac's was cool. He was probably my only slight ding on this. But everything else, the cinematography, the directing, the acting was great. So yeah, this definitely should have been in the theater.
Speaker 1: I felt like you could have did a little bit more with me a go her.
Speaker 2: Her character wasn't fleshed out well at all, but I think it's also because of what he was trying to do with the mother by making her play both.
Speaker 3: She played both. Damn yeah I did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she played both characters.
Speaker 4: Oh shit. And I watched it twice. I watched it last night with my wife she wanted to watch it, and I watched it the weekend. It dropped and uh and we were gonna review it. I went in and rewatched it too.
Speaker 3: Jacob, the guy from uh Ephoria, he.
Speaker 1: Was great and I figured it with him.
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was him going in watching him like, I felt like, this the guy, that's the guy from euphor You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a really good actor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know at all. I didn't know until the end of the movie. My wife was like, hey, I can't believe that's the guy from You.
Speaker 3: For I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, for real, he's.
Speaker 2: Been trying to break that role of being like this disgusting, bully.
Speaker 1: Asshole guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I thought it was after, you know, the first time I watched it, I'm in agreement with you with Oscar Isaac.
Speaker 3: First, it's a two and a half hour movie.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, oh Jesus Christ, yeah, he's done better. And but Astar Isaac was giving me problems because I'm like, okay, you're acting. It is giving Netflix movie vibes with the way he was acting, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh my god, too campy.
Speaker 3: He's a bit too yeah. Yeah. But by the time I was done, I was like.
Speaker 4: Damn, that's actually actually really good. Yeah, very well done, beautiful. I like the retoiling retelling. I think they stuck mostly to the book as well as the novel, which was.
Speaker 1: A couple deviates.
Speaker 2: I mean, I haven't read it since high school, but there were a couple of deviations.
Speaker 1: But I think the deviations worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I can't remember what they were, but.
Speaker 4: It's basically yeah, okay, yeah, Kendall had read it. He just read it for a British lit Yeah it's really good. And I'm like, they making them still read that book, but yeah, they still are, you know, like he read it. She was like, yeah, he read the whole thing. I was like, okay, that's all right, but yeah, so anyway, but nah, I thought it was really good. That's why I was able to watch twice, you know, to kind of pick up on some other stuff that I didn't the first time I watched it. But but I don't feel like I wasted two and a half hours. I think them breaking up into three parts, you know, work to give us the different perspectives. But it's a story we all know, so you know, it's like, how are you, like, how are you able to tell this story in a way to make it interesting in the in the model world rehashing this hotel, because you could really miss this up, you know, especially if you focus more on the monster element instead of the human side of what he was aspiring and yeah, trying to be.
Speaker 1: Like the last one.
Speaker 2: I forget what year I was trying to look it up now, I forgot what year that last Frankistan movie came out that was terrible.
Speaker 1: It might have been the nineties.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that shit was bad. This one, this one was was quality.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The movie begins in the Arctic where we found out crew trapped in ice. They're refusing, the captain is refusing to turn back. Is crew is exhausted. They're stuck and they keep trying to push the the ship out of the ice. Their captain is insisting that they pushed forward instead of returning home. They hear the explosion into the night and they go explore and that's when they discover Victor Franks dying and bring him on board, uh, only to be a tap by the creature. So they kind of open at the end of Vic Victor's journey instead of like the beginning. But uh did this opening work for you guys with them starting in this way?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely intriguing. I'm glad they didn't like bury the lead type thing. You know, they just here you go, motherfucker's unstoppable.
Speaker 1: Just so you know.
Speaker 5: So Nah, I love the way they opened it open, and and just seeing him the way he move about right, because he could have been like, I don't know, he could have been like just kind of doofy or slow or whatnot. He seemed like he had sense and I like that like that that. I really liked that, that version of frankistin What About You?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. I think it was a good idea to go ahead. And so I saw it was two hours and some change.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck, who is this? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was gonna watch it anyway, but I've had so much shit going on this week. Yeah, pause, real quick, do we need I think that thing just turned off?
Speaker 6: That camera? Oh it just made like a clicking sound.
Speaker 1: Did y'all not hear that? It might have been something else?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just like, man, I don't feel like sitting here for two and a half hours because it was late that I had to watch it. But I never got dozy or sleepy or stopped paying attention. I think the way that they kicked it off immediately with Frankenstein showing up, fucking dudes up, I was like, all right, I'm here for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, so they definitely did a good I thought it was a good job to capture people's attention, especially when you have a movie this long, starting out this way, introduced as the Frankenstein, well Victor and then the monster because he actually doesn't have a name, and showing that these two are at odds. You know, now you want to know, Okay, well, what the fuck happened?
Speaker 1: You know exactly?
Speaker 4: And then they moved to Victor's tale, and we get Victors tale first, and then we get the creature's tale, and then we get the finale. So they give you the backstory of what was going on with Victor. So Victor was basically raised in a very violent relationship. His dad married for the dowry, basically married for money. He didn't like any of them. His father was basically emotionally absent, physically abusive as well, and resentful of Victor and Victor's mom. The mom goes into labor, bleeds out, and there's another baby being born by the name of William, who gets all the love and attention that Victor did not get. But the depth is what triggered his desire to basically create life and for him, and that if there's this philosophy like in depth and there is life, so he wants to cocker mortality.
Speaker 3: Did the motives work, Mike?
Speaker 4: Did you like how they kind of used this tragedy to set up his motives?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Because I mean I do think that they could have worked a little bit harder to show how close he was to his mother.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it worked. It worked fine.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if it worked for people that haven't read the book, and it would be hard for me to find someone that doesn't know anything about this story to find out if it worked for them.
Speaker 1: But I do think that they could have put.
Speaker 2: A little bit more emphasis and they could have stretched out the relationship between Victor and his mother so we could understand more about the motivations.
Speaker 4: I do agree because it did like it was just like, hey, like I had to like add in the natural father mom you know father, I mean son mother relationship that that some is is natural in a lot of people you know that have a carrying into the mom. I think when you have him being in that situation, the mom is the only thing he asked because the father isn't there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So did it work for you? Roden?
Speaker 4: Did you uh do you think that victor dad allowed her to die.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's what I was gonna touch on. I think it's a little deeper than that.
Speaker 5: I think it's a little deeper than just the relationship between him. I think because his dad was such a good doctor and it was just basically drilled into him and then went. It was it was very tragic for him to watch his mother dies, like, yo, my father is the spend his life's work trying, you know, making sure people are you know, understanding human anatomy and how how worries like how did you let her die? And then that's when he said, well, I will never you know, I will make sure that you know, people live or whatever. So that seemed like more of a motive to try to prove to his father that I'm gonna be a better doctor than you because you allow my mother to die. So it was a little bit more than just his bond with the mother. For me, it was more so just trying to prove to his dad that this shit won't happen on my watch, you know what I'm saying, Like, no one else in my family will have to or anyone will have to worry about death, you know. Whenever then he starts questioning. I think he starts questioning God and stuff too.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but I the reason I slightly disagree is because he wasn't really setting out to save everybody else. He didn't care about that, because if it was really about him just being a better doctor and just being out to save everybody else, then he would have done what he could.
Speaker 1: With buddy that had syphilis, he was immediately.
Speaker 2: Just like, oh well, Sipha was all in your body, I can't help you. Yeah, they were making it seem like it was about the mother. And again, otherwise why would they bother making me a goth play both characters.
Speaker 5: Well, I was just wondering, like like when he was talking to the class or whatever that was university, like, he was really trying to push push this idea of like.
Speaker 1: Yo, we could make this happen whatever.
Speaker 5: So that's that's that's why I said that that you know, it was more of a of a of a greater good God complex on his part. So yeah, I was just trying to say that for me, it felt like more than just a bond with his mother for that, it didn't seem like he was just doing this for the For the memory of his mom or whatever, because who else would he use it with, Like you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 2: Not just the memory of his mom, but more so they made it seem like the trauma and the grief from him I'm losing his mother is what pushed him to be like, well, I'm going to defy death as opposed to well, my father's an asshole, and I just want to be a better doctor than him.
Speaker 1: Well that's what he said.
Speaker 5: I'm just going literal like what he literally told his father, like I won't make the like I will be a better diet he said, I will be a better doctor than.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because you let my mother die.
Speaker 5: See first, So the way I'm looking at it is like it's more so about doing better than you did, being better than you were. Then why didn't he try to say the siphleist guy because he.
Speaker 1: Was too far gone.
Speaker 5: Then that doesn't sound like he's much of a better doctor than he's dead. And and it's different from because that's going through your body. Sure, the mother just couldn't survive childbirth, Right, that's not something that's a sickness that's taking over your body. Right, you just you just wasn't you just couldn't you couldn't keep her alive after childbirth.
Speaker 4: You know, as the movie went on, we realized that Victor's motives from inception was very selfish, and they carried out throughout the whole movie. If his mom did not die, he wouldn't have even thought about doing this, agree, you know, it was definitely driven by that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, I just well, I do know. So it's for me, Yeah, it's it was all a part of it. But I think that was yeah, because it can go either way.
Speaker 3: I think that's why he can.
Speaker 1: Go either way.
Speaker 5: But because he literally said, like, I'm going to be a better doctor than you after the death of his mother, So they both go hand in hand. To me, all I'm saying is that it wasn't solely that for me.
Speaker 4: But he never set out to really be a doctor. I don't even think he practiced practice, right.
Speaker 5: He practiced like human anatomy and how that works. His dad drilled that, drilled that down to him because he was something.
Speaker 1: That he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was doing a little model thing. Yeah, it was just like that was while the mom was a lot.
Speaker 2: And he didn't even want to do that. The dad made him, so it was about being a better doctor. Then why wasn't he trying to be a better doctor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I think it goes hand in hand with the death of his mother. Did he even practice? No, I don't think he did it.
Speaker 1: I'll say he understood human anatomy though, because his dad made him.
Speaker 2: But the whole point is if it was, if it was deeper than just like trying to defy death because of what happened to his mother, then it seemed like they would have showed him trying to do that, trying to.
Speaker 1: Be a better doctor, because he wasn't a better doctor there was, Yeah, he was just trying to create. He just created life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so even if he did literally say I'm going to be a better doctor than you, he was wrong because he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know either. But one of the things I wanted to point out that you didn't ask was the visuals here, Like I feel like they did a really good job with making like death beautiful, Like it was just like a like the way the imagery of it, like was just like, why this is an eerie scene, but it looks beautiful at the same time. So I thought, yeah, yeah, well they put it in that casket. I thought that was that was beautiful, like you know, it's like a beautiful death or whatever.
Speaker 1: So yeah, felt very Shakespearean, like you know what I'm saying. So I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: Point that out, and they did that throughout the whole movie honestly.
Speaker 4: For for me, Yeah, Victor was reborn. He had a vision and you know, he had a mission, and his mission was to conquer death, which was driven by the death of his mom. So her death led to a rebirth in him. And uh, we conclude the childhood part of the story about him saying that there were two revolts and a fire which cost him everything but the estate and his brother, and they were separated. His brother William put up with another part of the family then Rod. That's when we jumped to eighteen fifty five at the Royal College and Scubris. His arrogance and everything is on full display in this particular demonstration.
Speaker 3: That he was giving.
Speaker 4: He now, you know, has this sort of like you mentioned, this godlike complex, and Victor proclaims in the speech that humans our God, you know, and this one was Yeah, Yeah, heil the first primitive version of his creation and they accuse him of trickery. So yeah, so uh, he's lecturing to students and stuff like that, but he's still like clinging to the idea that his suffering kind of grants him divine right. Was this expulsion justified Rod because he did it proved that it worked or was he just kind of ahead of his time or where they just afraid of what he actually did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were definitely afraid of what he actually I think it started off as like, Yo, this is trickery, and so that ship actually happened, and it was just like they don't want to They didn't want to believe it because that would you know, like they were saying, you know, man created God, I mean God created man and.
Speaker 1: He has life and death for whatever. So as religious men, they didn't want this to be true. They didn't want him to defy that because that that.
Speaker 5: Pretty much erases everything that they probably you know, knew or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I think it was more so than just not wanting him to see that.
Speaker 4: Through because of that reason, they should it be kicked out? Mike say, what should they have kicked him out? Were they in the right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: They should have kicked him out.
Speaker 3: That's like a fool. But he had the thing working. It called an apple. It ate from the apple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his attitude and the way, yeah, no, they should have kicked him out, all right.
Speaker 1: Even something that groundbreaking. They Oh, I don't think they believed it. They thought it was a trick.
Speaker 5: They thought it was I think they thought it was a trick at first, and it's like, oh, wait a minute, this shit real.
Speaker 1: And that's why they were getting upset. It was like, no, you know about it was.
Speaker 5: Something about God, God, you're tempering with with God's work and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: I do wonder.
Speaker 4: If he was less arrogant with they being more inclined to listen to him, probably, you know, but he was definitely a dick and that absolutely, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Very pretty much, matter of factly.
Speaker 4: But uh but somebody came in and watched, uh I rick Erlander, who came and basically offered him funding, gave him a tower for experience and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: I thought it was dope with him that. Well, she's a good actor too, so they hat had start casting. But he I thought it was dope, and he was able to realize like, you killed his ass because he was about to die anyway, m or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was cool.
Speaker 5: He that he that he caught on to like because he made it seem like he just pulled a pin out of and he died.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, he was about to die anyway. He just didn't want them to see that.
Speaker 4: But you know what I mean. He remember he said we're God. So God creates life and God takes it away.
Speaker 1: But that went along with this whole thing. But if he didn't do that, it'd be like he failed.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah yeah so but yeah, so he's gonna basically fund the whole thing. He said he's gonna ask for a favor. Later we as Mike mention it was because he was Dinad syphilis. Uh because he tossed the apple to him or was that a peach?
Speaker 3: It was an apple, right fruit? Yeah? I thought it was. If it was an apple.
Speaker 4: I thought it was interesting because he tossed the apple to the create creation and he talsks the apple to him.
Speaker 3: Apple of course is representation.
Speaker 1: Life.
Speaker 5: Yeah so I didn't even put that together.
Speaker 4: So but yeah, so he's a sponsor shout out to casino. Uh so Victor reconnects with his brother William, who is also engaged to Erlander's niece and Elizabeth, and there's an emotional connection that he has with her.
Speaker 3: Victor falls in love with her.
Speaker 4: How foul was it that he was pushing upon his brother's girl, bro pretty.
Speaker 2: Found extremely foul, But it was expected for someone like Victor who just wants and Plus again, they were kind of implying the similarity between her and his mother.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: That's why I think that they got her to play the two roles.
Speaker 2: So it was really he was so infatuated with her because she reminded him of his mother.
Speaker 5: I didn't think about that. Yeah, I didn't even think about that. How did you get that?
Speaker 1: Which part that he that he saw her his mother and her type because it was the same actor.
Speaker 2: Why would they Why would they get the same actor to play both of these roles.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize she was playing the mother something wrong, No, she played both. I looked it up. She played both.
Speaker 5: They just did something with her face, like they did something right here. So I didn't realize it was it was her.
Speaker 1: I knew she was.
Speaker 5: I knew she was the obviously the girl, the wife but I didn't know she was the mother, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that. That's what they were leaning into that he saw his mother and her. That's what I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that makes a lot of sense. I'm like, bro, like outside of you just thinking that everything belongs to you, right, why are you going after that? That's clearly he engaged to your brother, Like what the hell?
Speaker 3: Now? I don't think he really had a relationship with his brother, but still.
Speaker 1: He loved his brother. Apparently, Yeah, he loved his brother.
Speaker 4: He just yeah, yeah, I didn't think they were close, Like, no, they weren't close.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he loved them though.
Speaker 4: So anyway, they were talking about how to get this thing done and Victor was still having some issues.
Speaker 3: They mentioned something.
Speaker 4: About eveling table uh and uh and all these different tables, and there was a fifth table that showed the secret circlar system needed to expand his creation, and that's where he agreed to fund this endeavor in exchange for the favorite.
Speaker 3: Down the line, there.
Speaker 4: Was a conversation that was taking place between because Victor's pushing up on Elizabeth, and they had a conversation at the table where Elizabeth basically kind of walked him down and talked about war and how war parallels with Victor's ambitions. She said that, you know, soldiers fight for something honorable and saying something about like death is not and they're doing all of this stuff while the people that are making all the decisions are sleeping well at night and home comfortable while others pay for it in blood. Mike, what did you think about the conversation or what she was saying to Victor and basically saying that that's basically.
Speaker 2: Vict Yeah, I mean, I think she was kind of implying that Victor, you know, wasn't doing this for any kind of good reason, that he wasn't helping anybody by doing this.
Speaker 1: I think she just kind of called him on his bullshit. She could see right through it immediately.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that comes from maybe the brother has said stuff about him in the past, because obviously we learned at the end that the brother didn't really like him either. But yeah, she wasn't mentioning words with him at all, like he want some bullshit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you think about that conversation?
Speaker 5: Rock this This this part of the story was kind of confusing to me because, on one hand, she seemed like she she was calling on mine own ship, but on another hand, seemed like she was entertaining and she was kind of flirting with him. Yeah, like like, so, yeah, I this part kind of confused me.
Speaker 1: Honestly, me too. Yeah I didn't. I didn't understand what was happening.
Speaker 5: It was like, you make it because you know exactly what you're doing, Like y'all literally left your brother there at the house. Why y'all went on a fucking adventure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he took a couple of dates.
Speaker 1: It was weird, Like, yeah, I didn't get that part.
Speaker 2: So, but she's also weird though, and she kind of implied that she's kind of a weirdo.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I mean she wanted freakings out. Yeah she was.
Speaker 2: She she well, that was the whole reason she wanted Frankenstein was because she felt like a weirdo.
Speaker 1: Yeah what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I was confused, like you, I was like, why is she flirting with him and she acts like she doesn't like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was it was like a connection there, but it seemed like it was more on Victor side than hers, Like she entertained it but she also rejects it at the same time. But yeah, I think you know, what she was saying, you know, connects further on down the line, you know, kind of you know, for illustrating the themes of power and the cost that comes with it at the expense of other people, you know. And Victor's pursuing her definitely showed that he's selfish, you know, above anything else, which is how he even got started on this whole thing anyway.
Speaker 3: It was through a very selfish endeavor.
Speaker 4: So moving on, Erlander grows impatient and he's starting to demand progress as his own health continues to decline on beknownst to us.
Speaker 3: I thought this was interesting.
Speaker 4: So at one part he was people were being hanged, and he was checking different people for certain things that he could use for the construction of his body. But because of the impatience and the war ending, which connecting back to what Elizabeth said, he starts harvesting bodies from soldiers, which further connects what she said to him to uh to to Victor as well. And these are body parts from executed criminals and dead soldiers. I thought it was also interesting Elizabeth described uh. I think she was describing a moth as well, having three hearts multiple something about white white blood, and she also mentioned that choice is the seat of the soul, which was interested well. And then there was somebody asked, uh, which part of the creature of the which part of the soldiers has the soul?
Speaker 3: God forgot who says that? That was later on. Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 4: What you guys think about them like heartlight taking the bodies of dead soldiers? Did you guys connect the soldier part to what Elizabeth was.
Speaker 3: Saying at all?
Speaker 1: I did to which part?
Speaker 4: Remember she called basically what was calling about the soldiers? And then.
Speaker 1: What was she saying about the soldiers trying to in the in the parts?
Speaker 4: Oh well, she didn't say anything about the parts. I just thought it was interesting that Frankenstein was a symbol from the bodies of dead soldiers and Elizabeth basically said that he was basically accused him of being the accused him of making decisions for soldiers that go off to war. So I thought that it was interesting he was harvesting part body parts from haying criminals and soldiers killed in the in the crimean war.
Speaker 3: I think that was going on since though, Yeah.
Speaker 5: To me, I mean you think about like like people being organed oners. I mean, obviously you got to ask whether you want to be an organ owner, but yeah, it kind of was in line with that for me, and I thought it was interesting him basically examining the bodies to see what parts and that's what I'm saying about syphilis, like what parts are still usable to make.
Speaker 1: Or not? Clean?
Speaker 5: Isn't the word I'm looking for, but like a yeah, to make a clean, healthy body? Yeah, clean healthy body.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's like, you know, it might be just a thigh here or foot there or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I thought that was because I don't think I remember seeing that in any of the Frankenstein movies for it to be that intricate, right, So I thought that was a nice detail here to see how how into it he was like, Okay, man, it has to be this, like it has to be that or whatever versus like.
Speaker 1: I feel, I haven't seen Frankstein movies in.
Speaker 5: So long, But the arm of a thief or some ship or whatever or something like that, you know what I'm saying, It wouldn't.
Speaker 1: It was this very service level where it went in deeper here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they like that. Yeah, when she was describing. I think it was a moth or something. She said something about it being bewitching and odd and so nobody having three hearts and something else. But I thought that was that was interesting because Frankenstein is basically assembled and put together at a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of parks.
Speaker 4: But yeah, she was fascinating with this creature that had all of these things that don't seem to that shouldn't fit together, but fit together. And that's basically what ended up being Frankenstein. And that's what she mentioned. The whole choice is the seat of the soul? Did you guys like I guess a better question is did you guys like them? Showing like the building of Frankenstean and the electricity, the building the castle which the castle was a war castle too, was attached to the war as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Actually they didn't build Frankenstein. They built Frankenstein's Monster.
Speaker 4: And I said that earlier too, and I did it again because I said the Franken style, I don't have the monster, don't have a name, it's not the name. And I did it anyway. I blame society alive. Wasn't y'all waiting on his alive?
Speaker 2: No? No, I thought that was that would be kind of lame if they did that. I was actually a little not bummed, but kind of like not happy that they actually still use the lightning things.
Speaker 1: That's not in the book. Oh the lightning thing isn't in the book. Wow, how did he do it in the book? How do they think? They just I don't think he had to ignite them.
Speaker 2: I don't remember exactly how it went, but I always remember being I remember when I read the book, it was after seeing the movies and being like, oh, they didn't use the lightning, but no, that's.
Speaker 1: Not in the book. Interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it wasn't an igor there either, No, there was. Well, they kind of made him look like Ego when he was limping around and ship. Yeah, I made Victor look like times.
Speaker 1: When he got laiblowing off.
Speaker 3: So did the construction montage? Did it work for you? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like the intricate way they were doing it, I think it did work for me. And now if you're talking about like the lighting part, yeah that worked too, Yeah, because I felt like it was still different from what we've seen, you know what I'm saying, Like the fighting and then oh, yeah, he thought this is the way he fought back and forth with the with the sponsor or whatever. Oh man, man, yeah it's crazy and whatnot. So yeah, I like I liked all this. He was gonna see it through. He's like, when we come too far, you will not funk this up.
Speaker 1: I was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because yeah, he was about to sabotage by throwing that thing off. I forgot to mention that Victor is such a piece of ship. Remember when he was keeping his brother back at the with the he said, oh yeah, silver is not a good conduct or silver is a conductor.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he had looked at his brother like with disgust. He was like, naw, this ain't right. You need to stay back a few more days. It looked like William picked up on that shit too. He was just like what the Yeah, it was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It was like yeah, but anyway.
Speaker 2: If you would love to have more content from Frames per second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film Review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 4: So, but he electrocuted him and he thought he failed. He went to sleep, when then he woke up, the monster is standing above him.
Speaker 3: Mike, how frightened?
Speaker 1: Would you have been a piston ship? The fuck? Can you stand at the bottom of my bed? You weirdo? Get out of here.
Speaker 2: But now that scene was well done, especially the way they lighted it where it was just like you could see but it was still really dark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. This scene was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Elizabeth and Williams show up because she hasn't heard from her uncle.
Speaker 3: She is getting concerned, so they drive up to the castle and uh and the and the mean.
Speaker 4: During that time, Victor chained the creature in the tower and basically treats him.
Speaker 3: Like a child.
Speaker 4: As clear as day, the parallels between how he was raised and how he treated his dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't even think about that. He was abuse the dad was hitting him.
Speaker 6: He was doing the exact same thing the monster.
Speaker 2: Yep, that the dad was doing him because the dad was always beating up on him because he thought he wasn't showing his intelligence enough, you know.
Speaker 1: And Victor did the same thing to the creature because all they.
Speaker 4: Was saying was Victor over and over again, and he didn't have patience. He thought that he should already know, you know, that out of it should be some form of intelligence, but he wasn't. It eventually got there, but but not fast enough, you know. And I think also the creature, you know, showed the sun and you know, could which could have a double meaning as well. It was like, oh, yes, the sun bring warmth, life, revival, et ceter et cetera. But yeah, yeah, he was just very abusive to this creature. And that's when Elizabeth said, of all the parts that made him wears the soul. That's when she asked that and calls basically Victor a monster for mistreating him. At this point, is Victor turned out to be the villain of this story retreating the creature?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I thought so, at least so.
Speaker 4: He lied claiming that the creature killed Erlander. He says, the tower blaze. The creature starts screaming his name, and he has second thoughts and he runs back, but it's too late.
Speaker 3: It displows and.
Speaker 1: He starts and he gives up on him because he's thinking.
Speaker 5: He was like, I guess dosile, Like he was just like he couldn't, like the only thing he could say was Victor, Victor, Victor. He's like, man, give me a reason to keep you alive. Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 2: That's why the parallel with his dad was so real here, because he abandoned him because he thought the thing was stupid. So he's just like, this isn't worth my time.
Speaker 1: I failed.
Speaker 2: Now Why he had to light the whole thing on fire, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 5: That destroyed all the evidence, That destroyed everything he was doing.
Speaker 1: The doctor being there, it destroys, that destroys everything.
Speaker 2: But it's like you wouldn't just because you failed this time, you don't want to try again, you don't want to do with another body.
Speaker 4: Like I think he may have been disappointed in this creation, like it wasn't perfect. I don't think failed, Yeah, I think yeah, I think he was like, yeah, I did everything that I could have possibly done.
Speaker 1: This isn't gonna work.
Speaker 5: That this wasn't a great idea to try to recreate life or keep life.
Speaker 1: Living or something.
Speaker 4: I wonder also, did he pick up on the vibes of Elizabeth and the creature as well and he was just jealous?
Speaker 5: Now I don't think that was the case. Shit, Oh what happened towards the end, like when he said it give me another reason, and then when he said.
Speaker 1: What he said, Elizabeth, he's like Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: I thought that was this part when that happened.
Speaker 3: Elizabeth said.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was around when the creature said Elizabeth.
Speaker 5: Not the first time, but they said he heard him the second time, right, and that was and after that's when he set the place on fire.
Speaker 3: He was gonna set it on fire, regardless, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I thought he started beating him.
Speaker 3: After he did. He did he said say something else.
Speaker 5: Right, No, no, no, no, he was just saying, say something that will help me keep you alive.
Speaker 1: And then he walked away.
Speaker 3: But he was beating him while he was doing that, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Elizabeth, And I thought that pissed him off.
Speaker 5: It just it just further confirmed like, okay, yeah, your definitely did right, right right, Yeah that's all.
Speaker 4: Oh so okay, what what No? I was like, yeah, you know, Michael saying he said Elizabeth. That was the other thing he said. He was kept saying Victor, Victor, but.
Speaker 3: The other word was Elizabeth. And then that set him off.
Speaker 1: To kill him.
Speaker 5: He was gonna kill him regards well, I think he was gonna kill him regardless. And he was looking for a reason not to kill him. He's like, for I like this mask, give me another reason.
Speaker 1: Not to kill you. And he said Victor.
Speaker 5: He said, kept saying Victory's like all right, mother fuck you did so he walked away and right at you know, then he he said Elizabeth. And I guess that just wasn't enough for him to keep him alive.
Speaker 3: So Victor, did hear him say Elizabeth last time?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, then that was a rap. Then it was at that point it's a rap. Rap.
Speaker 1: It was already a rap.
Speaker 3: But now.
Speaker 4: Get the hell out of here. But she, you know, Mike, you was saying, she's you know, used herself as a widow or the widow. But yeah, I mean she was infatuated by this creature and you know, wanted to make sure it was treated kindly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Victor wasn't doing that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like they could have did a little bit more with that too. With the connection. I didn't get the immediate connection between the two.
Speaker 2: I was okay with this part just because they kind of just implied that it was because she was a kind person. She was treated poorly because she was weird and different. I just wish they did more with any of the other relationships with hers, Like I didn't even get that you and William had any kind of connection whatsoever, you know, And like you said earlier, I didn't really understand the whole why I'm playing with Victor's feelings like this.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so uh, Victor, we see what happened to his leg? H is Victor's prosthetic leg is simple of like like father, like son. He also made up a part too his old ship. His father was well the creature creature.
Speaker 1: I didn't get that, you said, but possible just asking. I didn't get that either. I just got that.
Speaker 2: But I mean it does make sense the whole, Like I mean, I didn't even know they had prosthetics back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did show that he possibly wanted to go back in form.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's yeah, well, you know, it's like, oh my, you know, I wondered about that, like, did he I mean, he clearly had to change of heart, but why, you know, did he want to try to work with them more? Was this a more of a paternal sort of thing?
Speaker 2: Heard the thing called his name? I think he just felt bad, like I'm killing this thing. This is not just like a project. This is an actual feeling being that I created.
Speaker 3: So but not looking at it like this is my child too.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe I kind of got that feeling. All right.
Speaker 4: Well, that wraps it up for Victor's tales, So the creatures tale is a little quicker. They spent a lot of time with Victor. But you know, even at the time, like what the this motherfucker? It is a spot like yeah, really, yeah, he breezed through this. So yeah, after the displosure, we see how the creature escaped. Did that that worked for y'all? Just fine? You crawled through a tunnel, It's all right.
Speaker 5: And I knew that was gonna happen when he put the leaf throat down.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's how you escape, all right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he wander us in the woods, comes across a deer and approaches him. Gently uh, and then the hunters attack. I thought it was interesting that the deer wasn't afraid of him, that he was able to walk right up eat the berries and that. Yeah, no fear at all. But it's definitely afraid of humans. And we see why because they popped.
Speaker 1: In holding that motherfucker. I was like, damn, like god, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Was like, y'all, don't shoot deer in the face.
Speaker 3: M yeah, they do.
Speaker 5: They do so they can eat the meat, because the because the usually his buck shots or whatever, so they'll aim for certain parts of the you know, I've never heard of a hunter shooting nowhere in the head or you're.
Speaker 1: Right, because they used it as a trophy piece, right, you're right. I thought that was weird.
Speaker 3: It was the eighteen hundred. Maybe they ain't no better.
Speaker 2: They're probably just trying to do that for dramatic effect. Because he was feeding it and it shot it right in the face.
Speaker 1: That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yapect that to happen, going to.
Speaker 1: Kill the ice the other that like that. I din't like seeing that, and.
Speaker 3: Then started to shoot his ass.
Speaker 1: Big motherfucker.
Speaker 3: They didn't know if that thing was dangerous or not. They didn't even ask you.
Speaker 1: Something that big and the damn woods hanging out with a deer. I'm killing your ass. That's bigfoot. But fuck that.
Speaker 5: He still looked like a human though, like like he had hind legs and arms, and like.
Speaker 1: I'm like, why did this? What was that?
Speaker 4: Nigga was a person and you didn't even ask, You just started you know, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You shot a person. You you you murdered someone. You're trying to murder somebody.
Speaker 3: She first asked questions, I guess, but he wasn't bothering.
Speaker 1: No, he stood up, and they're like, what the fuck? What was he doing that? You gotta die, bro?
Speaker 6: He was not provoked. Yeah, well he got shot anyway, that's what they be doing us.
Speaker 1: What the is dad big black?
Speaker 4: So anyway, he hides in the middle up fucked up, but yeah, ship, yeah, he's observing the family through cracks in the woods. He's helping them. He gets donned the name Spirit of the Forest by the blind Man. Had no idea what he was dealing with, this dumb dope.
Speaker 1: I did like this. I did like this section.
Speaker 3: This old part where yeah, now him learning how he.
Speaker 4: Got his You know, it just shows if Victor just would have taken some time exactly.
Speaker 3: You know, he just wanted to.
Speaker 5: They wanted to be exactly. He just wanted to be there already. Yeah, he saw that, he saw the one thing he didn't get, you know. Yeah, and he was repaying the bat like in kindling building a fence, uh, you know and stuff like that. Didn't do a good job protecting the fucking the sheep though, jumped over the ship.
Speaker 1: He should have been there and scared off them. Damn wolves.
Speaker 3: He didn't even know them.
Speaker 4: Mother was a vicious too, bro, are they Yeah that's how wolves are?
Speaker 2: They traveling packsless like that. I just didn't know they killed people like that. So when it killed the blind man, that caught me off guard. But yeah, wolves attacking sheep and killing sheep like that absolutely well.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, like, how the motherfuckers you can hit him?
Speaker 5: They keep trying to come back at you as like, That's what I was like, because he was sucking them up at first, and then it's like it was still trying to come at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the c G I looked a little bad here too, I was.
Speaker 1: I was kind of shocked. This is like a video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't the best, but you know.
Speaker 4: I liked how he was learning everything, Like when the family left and he came out there and he was teaching him how to read and stuff like that, which.
Speaker 5: How how because he was holding up the he was teaching the other kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, was reading a whole book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had the there's a lot of words in those books that probably aren't.
Speaker 1: He had cards, like like he had cards and ship.
Speaker 6: He was, yeah, I didn't think about this. That don't make no damn sense.
Speaker 1: He was a wise man. He was a blind man first.
Speaker 5: First, but he knew how to read. Though as long as you how do you know how because I ain't seen no braill, he probably has some, especially back then. I about to tell you they have brail back then.
Speaker 4: I think he could see at one point because he said he was a soldier and.
Speaker 1: He memorized the damn books. It wasn't books he was reading them, right, it was it was he was like, I said, you're doing cards and ship. So he memorized all them cards. I think, so that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: One of the books he read wash Ozymandias, which I thought was interested Ozamandias King of King and they both like attempt to create or build these things and fell miserably. Yeah, I was. I was like, that's has to be intentional. Why he picked that Ozymanders had a statue and Victor of course did a human and uh yeah so but both of them, with their arrogance and mistakes, felt miserably and I think, uh, that may have been a connection there. But I thought this line was really really dope when he witnessed the wolves and ship like that when he says the wolves didn't hate the sheet, and the sheet didn't hate the what where hold on?
Speaker 1: The wolves don't hate the sheep.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the wolves, but the wolves don't like the other wolves, Nick knacked Patty.
Speaker 1: Man, that's what it sounds like. It's bluefish.
Speaker 4: Whereas that hold on, Uh, what are you trying to say?
Speaker 5: Gold On Man, He's trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Stop being impatient, like fucking frankistar Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to help. He called them a goat. I here it is.
Speaker 4: The hunter didn't hate the wolf. The wolf didn't hate the sheep. That's what it was. I don't know where to get sheet from, but violence felt inevitab between them, and this is the way of the world. They will hunt you and kill you just for being who you are?
Speaker 3: Was this a bar?
Speaker 1: It was a bar? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that ship was tight.
Speaker 1: It didn't help. Nothing died, didn't blind still got eight. Didn't see that coming, did you?
Speaker 3: But I'm surprised, like he should.
Speaker 4: I know he felt that patchwork skinn of Frankenstein because he felt his face.
Speaker 3: He pat him on the head and ship like that. That blind man was trustworthy.
Speaker 1: I didn't care.
Speaker 4: He probably was happy to have a friend. Because they bounced them sheep. They were like, yo were out of here. No, the family when the sheep got ate the wolf, the family was like, yo were.
Speaker 3: Out of here.
Speaker 1: They left. They didn't leave for good.
Speaker 3: They left for the winter. But the old man didn't leave.
Speaker 1: They that's the reason they left.
Speaker 3: That's how fronted.
Speaker 2: They're gonna leave. They're not gonna leave a blind man for the whole winter.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: He wanted to stay back. I wanted to stay blind. They left him for the whole winter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he knew how to get by man. He can't see ship, but he knew how to get Apparently he didn't, because then wolves got his ass.
Speaker 3: He could he should have at least hurt him.
Speaker 1: In head, right, you ain't got them there power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but no, they love They loved for the winner because they were trying to get him to come with him. He was like, no, I'm good, he said, I've survived plenty of winners.
Speaker 1: He better take his old ass with you.
Speaker 3: Man left, but doubt man, that was fucked up.
Speaker 1: That was that's a bad way to die.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: He was still alive too, but he sucked him down, wolves up though he skinned one bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was that whole fight ship was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the humans he snatched this one motherfucker Joe off.
Speaker 1: He did one that tried to shoot him.
Speaker 3: And they punk ass when he walked by. They're gonna get out of the way.
Speaker 4: Were you well, they chased the gun like they were doing some Yeah, of course I wouldn't have chased him down and shot him with the gun like they did. But that's when he realized this mortar. He can't die. He died and game back the life. But they didn't realize that. No, that's when the creature realized that. He was like, yeah, I was dead. Next thing I know, I woke up.
Speaker 1: I was still I don't know why they left him different dead though. I feel like they would have you would have did.
Speaker 5: Something else with him, with his body or something. He just shot him and left him there.
Speaker 4: But realizing that he can't die, he was basically immortal. That's when he realized he wants a companion, and that's when he went to Victor to ask him to create one. Uh, even when she about to get married, bro, he made one more damn move rod.
Speaker 3: This motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Did she slap him here? I believe so.
Speaker 6: I can't if it was here earlier, but she definitely slapped it out.
Speaker 3: I think it was here because he heard bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, man still trying to shoot the shop bro. And he walked off, and that's when he ran into Victor again, asked him to create a companion.
Speaker 1: He's like, come into the light.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're hear he said, if you will not indulge me in love, I will indulge in rage. Yeah, Mars, yeah, because Victor's that Noah, I'm not building.
Speaker 3: You a creature. Why why do you guys think he refused?
Speaker 1: There was no way for him to anyway. He burned his fucking laboratory down.
Speaker 3: He could have just reassembled everything.
Speaker 1: Though not no, because remember he had to have his money.
Speaker 4: But let's just say, if he did have it, it seemed like it was deeper than.
Speaker 1: I feel what you're saying, even if he did have it, Like, yeah, that's what it.
Speaker 4: Did, seem like you think it was because he wasn't his love for Elizabeth wasn't reciprocated.
Speaker 2: I think it's because it didn't benefit him, so he didn't care. He was just like, oh, you need a partner. Cool, good for you, cool story bro, Like I'm not doing ship for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Uh so yeah.
Speaker 4: So anyway, Victor tries to shoot him, but Elizabeth for whatever reason, jumped in front of the bullet.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why he pulled the trigger because it was like there was hell of time that she jumped in front of that damn gun.
Speaker 1: And you still yeah, this ship was was weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, she dies and the creatures on the creatures took go off to a cave. So she dies, and then this is when William basically called Victor out from being the monster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because Victor got his head busted in.
Speaker 3: Yeah now William William did. Oh sorry, yeah, William hess Williams he heard that shit crack.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was fucking crazy too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think he. I don't know why he refused, you know, jealousy maybe because at this point, the creature shows signs of intelligence, it's talking. It tracked him down. I think he even acknowledged that. So you didn't completely fail. You actually succeeded. You were just impatient. So the one thing you were looking to do you actually did. But yet maybe you're still looking at it a failure. I think if Elizabeth didn't slap him, maybe he would add a second change of heart.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: But at this point though, he's upset, so he decided to chase down the creature. And then we get into the final act and you have like this whole cycle of violence that keeps coming. So I thought it was funny. The creature was dragging Victor by his prosthetic.
Speaker 6: Ly that was foullis ship man, that was fallon ship and then broke it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a dick man.
Speaker 3: And then he broke his nose.
Speaker 2: Oh that part I had to wind it back because I was like, what is he doing? But yeah, that was crazy. Oh that was nasty man.
Speaker 4: It was like he was toying with because you know, he could kill these things with ease, but he just wanted to toy with him and make him suffer, which was interesting. But but yeah, so Victor go get dynamite and he's asking the hunt like big game or whatever, and then we see what happened in the see who actually happened the part that we didn't see where Victor basically the creature hus him down he's in the tent. Yeah, and then he basically blows himself up with the dynamite, which was fucking insane.
Speaker 2: So this was another part that I didn't love because he blew himself up. But okay, so we're supposed to determine that he's made of.
Speaker 1: Like I can see why you shoot me, he don't die. I can see why you stab me, don't die.
Speaker 2: But his healing factor is so quick that he blow him the bits and he just comes back together so fast, like I didn't.
Speaker 4: And that was the thing that was confusing to me because the first time I watched it, I don't know, I didn't see fully what happened here. But this time I was like, oh shit, he's gonna blow apart and come back together.
Speaker 1: Right, he was still together, right, I'm confusing.
Speaker 2: So I was like, ohkay, yeah, it didn't make any sense to me when they were shooting him. If the bullets didn't even penetrate his skin, then I would have been fine with this part. But the bullets were penetrating and they were hurting him.
Speaker 1: So him blowing I just didn't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he was like, yeah, if I blow up and I'm dead and cool. If not, then I'm coming after you. Right, he didn't die, and now we're back to the beginning, So his story is over and we get a resolution. Yeah, why did Why was Victor so quick to just apologize it and forgive him? I was so confused by this because it happened. It seemed like it happened sudden, like you were running from him, you were trying to kill him, and now you're like, ah, you know what, My bad, bro.
Speaker 2: Because he listened to the story because he was still alive while the creature was telling the story, So I think he right, Yeah, I think he's hearing the story from the creature's point of view. So he's realizing how much like his father he is, and the only thing he ever wanted, I would assume is acceptance or an apology from his father, So he basically gave the creature what he wanted, which was acceptance and an apology. So I actually liked this that he apologized to the creature before dying, So I was cool with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it was it was. It was.
Speaker 4: It was they both forgave each other and accepted each other.
Speaker 1: Right right, Yeah, which is not what happens in the book.
Speaker 2: So I found I found this to be really interesting, like this change. I do remember this that in the book, the creature doesn't get to Victory before Victor dies.
Speaker 1: So the creature is so distraught that it just.
Speaker 2: Is like, I'm just gonna go die out in the cold wilderness because I can't believe that I did this. The creature was going there to apologize but didn't get a chance to. So I like how in this version the creature and Victor apologized to each other, they come to terms, he like kissed him on the forehead, and then he just walks out into the Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the way this ended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Victor dies from the wounds and everything.
Speaker 1: And I didn't Yeah, that was crazy.
Speaker 3: Benefit would die.
Speaker 1: Because they were they were changing things so much.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to do something else with this, But yeah, I wasn't expecting Victor to die in this moment anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the creature pushes the ship out using his strength. Yeah, and then he steps into the sunlight, which goes back to the first time he stepped into the sunlight. And that was pretty much it outside of the captain, though. I thought the captain's choice to go home was interesting too.
Speaker 1: You know what, you bring up the captain?
Speaker 2: Sorry, are you about to Yeah? No, no, no, sorry real quick. I forgot to mention earlier. This was one part that I did not understand one fucking bit. Why did the captain keep Victor on the ship when Frankenstein Frankenstein's Monster showed up and started killing people on his crew, he was still just like, no, I'm gonna protect him.
Speaker 1: Why you don't even know this motherfucker. Y'all found him.
Speaker 2: Fucked up with one leg, give him to the fucking creature and.
Speaker 1: Call it the day.
Speaker 2: But especially when y'all started shooting the creature and he's not dying. They didn't give me enough to accept why the captain was like, oh, yeah, this guy's on our ship. Were protecting him even if it cost the lives of like six or seven of my crew members.
Speaker 1: It didn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 3: Didn't some of them say to give him.
Speaker 2: Yes, they were at the door, like, bro, hand him over, because that motherfucker looks crazy.
Speaker 1: Hand him over. So yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming again, I only watched it once, so I'm assuming I missed something.
Speaker 4: Nonah, he just decided to protect him.
Speaker 3: I can only assume that. I guess.
Speaker 4: Once he took out the three barrel gun and shot him and suck him in the ocean, he thought that they were saved.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: When he came back and he heard him coming back, and when he opened the door, it was it was him because he remember he thought that the crew was getting rowdy again.
Speaker 3: He was like, I'll go take it this and it was this bit motherfuck And the crew.
Speaker 1: Was like, yeah, we let him.
Speaker 5: You see this motherfucker right, You the dumbass that kept this whole partner over here on the fucking ship.
Speaker 1: We could have been into this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but yeah, I thought I thought the captain saying, nah, we're going home, which I don't blame him. It was like, Bro, this big ass motherfucker out here. I don't know what else is out here. We turning around and were going home.
Speaker 2: See, I took it as he didn't want to risk the lives of any more of his crew, so he realized it's just not worth it. Let's just go home so everybody could be safe and done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the captain was showing the same sort of arrogance and stuff that Victor was doing as well, so him changing his mind. Listening to their stories, he realized it was like, there's because think about it, like just even when I think it opened, like he ran up on ice, So right now, you're a mission is a failure, and you're right like if you keep going, you're going to basically follow the same path and lead into like inevitable possible death.
Speaker 3: So I think you listening to the story, he realized it was like, Nah, we're gonna get up out of here.
Speaker 4: Plus, you know they making motherfuckers up and ship, so the motherfuckers out of nothing.
Speaker 2: Nobody told me nothing like that, making motherfuckers out here and they're.
Speaker 3: Strong as fun. Yeah, we're out of here.
Speaker 1: I'm going on a blunderbuss. Shouldn't ship. Oh we drowned him.
Speaker 4: And Victor told him was like, Nah, he coming back at you think he's bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the way you got I.
Speaker 1: Was telling him, like I was telling him that.
Speaker 2: That was one part I meant to mention earlier that I was very confused about, is why they even kept Victor on the ship.
Speaker 1: They had no they owed Victor nothing. They just found him out in the snow.
Speaker 2: And this captain was willing to risk the lives of multiple crew members to keep him on this ship protected that. That's not like a captain to do that. No, a captain is like, this is my crew. I care about my crew. You're a random ass person. You can go.
Speaker 1: Was he royals heal or something like that?
Speaker 3: He was just a random person in the tent that blew up.
Speaker 5: Are y'all sure he wasn't They weren't going to get him or something like I was.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I was saying, I missed something.
Speaker 4: No, I think I know there was a Danis ship. They weren't going to wait going to get who Victor? Nah, No, they definitely weren't on the way to get Victor.
Speaker 3: No, they were going somewhere else. They had just ran up.
Speaker 1: They got ice and then they found Victor out there with those dogs.
Speaker 4: Because remember they were hammergray with the pips and stuff trying to get free, and one of the crew members asked, if they get free when they go home. He was like, we're gonna keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they were on a mission. I don't know what the mission was, but it wasn't to find Victor, which kind.
Speaker 4: Of set up the whole movie, a relentless pursuit of this thing, right this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, now it would make sense if we did miss that.
Speaker 1: But I don't think this guy knew who he was and they were trying to protect him. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I think that that they found out who he was once Victor started telling them about the story, because.
Speaker 1: If they knew he was there, there wouldn't really there really wouldn't be a reason for him to tell that whole story.
Speaker 2: But I am open to being wrong, and I'm open to saying that I missed something because that part didn't make.
Speaker 1: Sense to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, could were going to the North Pole, right, that's it, and you know trapped in they discovered him.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so yeah, they didn't know who he was.
Speaker 2: And after after six of your dudes, seven of your dudes got fucking killed by this big ass creature. And the creature says, look, all I want is him, and you're talking about no, why why dude, let this motherfucker go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that is confusing because I was thinking they must notice, motherfucker right, Why why are they not releasing him?
Speaker 1: Didn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I thought this line was good.
Speaker 4: He said, while you were alive, while you were all alive, what recourse do you have but to live?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The monster said, yeah that she was dope. Yeah, this was a this was a good This was a good ending. Man, it was a really good ending, him just walking out and just looking out into the sun and then crying.
Speaker 1: At the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just sad that he still doesn't have a companion. He's gonna have to live by himself. Yeah, you ain't getting a holes looking like that.
Speaker 3: I thought this was interests.
Speaker 1: We wrapped up well the one hole he got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that ultimately human and men or like monsters, and you know, here's a creature that was born, uh you know without violence, you know, a love and innocence to him. But the cruelty of other men, of other people triggered the violent nature in him.
Speaker 3: And that was when it was in I was like man like, you know, it's all I think. It's a philosophical question. Are humans like born evil or are they made evil? Yeah? Yeah, so is it like.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to get whipped and chained up and stuff like that. Yeah, they shot at him first with the gun. You know, he retaliated Victor wouldn't give him the one thing he wanted, which was a companion to just love somebody and been off his own.
Speaker 2: But Victor might have also been like, I don't have one, so why the fuck should I make you?
Speaker 4: And what did he say? He said, you would indulge me in love, I will indulge in rage. So it was like, you wouldn't give me love, so I have no choice but to go the opposite way. So yeah, I mean it was it's you know, it's a it's a good aspiration into that.
Speaker 6: So I'm definitely looking forward to watching this again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, and I'm gonna go watch Pinocchio because I have a feeling that that's really good too. But Guermo del Toro was fucking he's really good.
Speaker 4: I heard it was. I'm pretty sure I heard it was good. It's in my Netflix. Q.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I checked it's still on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I don't have to watch fucking Oppenheimer's next week though, open Oh yeah, that's my solo I forgot.
Speaker 1: I really don't do not want to watch that all.
Speaker 2: But anyway, Yeah, this was good, man, this was really fucking good. I would have I would have been happy if I saw this in the theater. Excellent acting, a really good story. Yeah it was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect this sort of story because you know, most Hollywood always make Frankenstein this violent monster, so expect to get this at all.
Speaker 6: Well, actually they make Frankenstein's monster.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: But when I when I saw the original poster, I didn't know it was Germo del Toro.
Speaker 1: So when this was first being huh, I didn't either.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, when it was first advertised, I was like, I don't care. It's gonna be another story of the Franksi's monster going around.
Speaker 1: I don't care. But when I saw his name, I was like, oh, no, this is gonna be good. So yeah, he killed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well he did a good job. He did a good job here.
Speaker 4: All right, Well we'll leave it there, man, let us know what you you gotta start about this movie. Definitely feel like I don't know if it was discussed a lot at the beginning of the year, I don't even know, but it's it's it's it's a hit so far, a lot of people are loving it.
Speaker 2: I knew it was coming, but I kept getting it confused with The Bride, And when I saw the trailer for The Bride, I was like, Oh, I don't give a fuck about none of this.
Speaker 3: So but what got you guys? Next time we out Peace,