Speaker 1: Oh Man Rick in the morning Show, New music from Eric, Eric Mnang, Who's gonna Who's Gonna save It? He's gonna be on the One Boy's Cruise twenty twenty six and listen out, y'all you need to get ready. I am so excited about hosting the one Voyage Cruise. Hey, it's not just a vacation, it's a whole experience. And we talking good food, listen, good music, beautiful scenery and a chance to kick back and have a good time with some incredible people like t I, Rick Ross dal Hughley said that the entertainer Anthony Anderson keep sweat, pastor Mike Junior, Eric Mnag, Hugh Parker. I mean the list is long, so listen, uh, Brett? So yeah, are you excited about the cruise?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: You know, I'm excited to be on the trip the two Ruz. You know, I'm excited to go on the cruise. It's gonna be the Resilient Lady.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: That thing is gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be performing me and I'm a beautiful Judy gonna jump on that thing. You're doing everything we can do to make sure that thing is gonna be popping, and everybody's gonna be on there Gary doing the whistlers, with the tea party and everything.
Speaker 5: Man, we don't have a wonderful time.
Speaker 1: So if you've been saying I need a vacation, this is your son.
Speaker 5: And listen.
Speaker 1: The best part is you don't have to worry about playing every little thing.
Speaker 5: You gonna be busy.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're gonna get on the ship unpacked and let the vacation come to you.
Speaker 6: Plus y'all laying.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be. It's gonna dj We're gonna have a good time. So you know we're gonna be partying all day and all night.
Speaker 7: All right now, like Brad said earlier, Honey, I will be honey hosting my fabulous tea parts again this year. So I want you to get y'all fascinators and men could have a fascinator.
Speaker 5: That's what it's called. So fascinating.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's called a fascinating So y'all can all weay y'all fascinations, honey, And we're gonna have some piping hot teeth that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be for.
Speaker 6: I love it. Hey, y'all know I love a good part.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be dancing the whole time, and I cannot wait for the celebration of Funk, the Ohio players, the s os BND function, our Hudson and one and more and oh my gosh, I'm any a Space partner because God Fight FORER is literally leading a big space tournament.
Speaker 6: I'm so ready for this.
Speaker 9: Come on, man, let's get it. Y'all know we'd like to get that line dancing on.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 6: We got eight o three fresh King.
Speaker 9: George Cupids that game, and of course you don't forget you gotta get your laugh on.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: Got the biggest comedy show with some of the biggest and funniest.
Speaker 6: Names in the game.
Speaker 3: Come on now, man, and let's be clear, waiting until the last minute is not the move.
Speaker 5: If you already, if you already.
Speaker 3: Know you want to go, just go ahead and book your cabin right now.
Speaker 1: Right y'all, you gotta be watching everybody post pictures from the cruise like dang I should have went.
Speaker 8: I hear that for sure, So don't be the person sitting at home scrolling through everybody else's vacation pictures.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, hey, you take a picture of me.
Speaker 6: I need the you know, I need the.
Speaker 5: Publicity, So antybody trying to take no. I welcome it.
Speaker 6: We're gonna be getting pictures I can.
Speaker 1: We are selling out October to twenty six that's right, y'all. October to twenty sixth on Virgin Voyages. Resilient Lady, It's gonna be so fly. The cabins are amazing, No by phase. I'm genuinely excited to host the one Voyage crew, So make sure that you book your cabin now at one Voyage Cruise dot com. One Voyage Cruise dot Com. Time of your life. We did change ships everything to resilient Lady. Virgin is grown six centi and swinking. To make sure you book, y'all book now one Voyage Cruise dot Com. One Voyage Cruise dot Com.
Speaker 4: Use the.
Speaker 5: Pretty Smiley morning show.
Speaker 1: Page right here, Afrita.
Speaker 8: This good morning, Good morning, Ricky. It's Thursday, August thirteenth. Here's what's going on in the news. Multiple sailors aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln have reportedly tried to jump over board during its extended Middle Eastern to Point met At least one sailor was physically stopped before going over the side, and another is importedly now on medical hold. I mean while President Trump says the US has total control of the trade of ramuse, but shipping traffic tells.
Speaker 6: A different story.
Speaker 8: Only a fraction of the normal ships are actually getting through, and Iran says this trait will stay blocked until his demands are met, including reparations. Obama's nuclear deal doesn't sound so bad, now, huh. In any case, if the US Iran war has you reconsidering that last minute summer road trip, you might be onto something. The national average for gas is back above four dollars a gallon hasn't been that high in Augustin like forever and other news, an eighteen year old Arkansas woman seen on video being taken to the ground and punched in the face by a state trooper is now suing that officer in federal court. Alisa Hackett accused his trooper, Moisis at a Yano, of excessive force during an.
Speaker 6: August first traffic stop near Manila. Listen, how why.
Speaker 9: We cannot put me in say so?
Speaker 8: Arihanna acknowledged striking her in his report, saying she refused commands while resisting arrest, but Hacket's lawsuit says she was unarmed.
Speaker 6: Didn't threaten or attack that trooper.
Speaker 8: Civil rights attorney Benjamin Cromp is now on the case and wants a formal use of force investigation. The w a CP is also demanding an independent investigation and wants Ariano placed on administrative leave.
Speaker 6: Hackett is seeking damages in a jury trial.
Speaker 8: Here's some good news, Ricky, real quick, at least for one person and maybe their family. That billion dollar powerball jackpot was sold in Illinois at a high V store in Quincy.
Speaker 6: But listen, even if you didn't win, do not toss your ticket. Thousands of other tickets could.
Speaker 8: Still be winners worth anywhere from a few dollars to fifty thousand to even a million or even more if you got that power play. So you may not be the billion everybody's talking about, but you could still be waking up a whole lot.
Speaker 6: Richer for infu on these stories and more. Cuteriquezmiley Morning Show dot Com. Now here's a look at sports rock tee.
Speaker 5: The sports Genius is in the building.
Speaker 9: One of my NBA star Russell Westbrook, announces that he will be retiring from the NBA after eighteen seasons. Most triple doubles in NBA history with two hundred and nine, one of two players with twenty five thousand points and ten thousand assists. The only other player to do that Lebron James. So big up to Russell westbrook Man. Basketball Hall of Famer Cheryl Miller does not hold back. She got some words for all the haters that are mocking and disrespecting the WNBA with all the side mess that's happening off the court on social media.
Speaker 6: Here's what she had to say about it.
Speaker 4: It's just, you know, more people trying to hijack the narrative for the WNA players. And I sue for Bird and myself and Maria Taylor. We said the other night that it's our story, will tell it. We'll make the adjustments where we need to make the adjustments. But right now I'm not giving them a whole lot of a terrible energy.
Speaker 5: And again, you know what, shut that noise up.
Speaker 6: Shut that noise up. Let them know, Cheryl, speaking of WNBA Man.
Speaker 9: The WNBA Task Force of team presidents and general managers met yesterday discussed transgender athletes joining the league, but did not arrive at any conclusions. So we'll keep y'all posted on that situation. Last, but not least, Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson will get the start in the first preseason game against the Chicago Bears this Saturday. Shador Sanders will start the second preseason game at home versus the Bills next week. Quarterback battle going on in a weird way. I kind of think they setting up Shaudor to win a little bit. I let him get to start at home versus on the road, even though it's preseason. We're gonna see what's happening. Man Sports report right there. Follow me on social media app rock t Holler, Brett got the hotspot.
Speaker 6: Drop it like a drop it like it's hard at having a hot spot.
Speaker 5: What up, Brett?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 6: Ricky?
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. I'm your girl, Brat Tat tat, and this is the hot spot. But we bring you music, movies and more so let's get on off into it, well, y'all.
Speaker 5: Chris Brown and Usher's R and B tours in full.
Speaker 3: Effect with Mario and Tank and Eric Bellinger singing background vocals, but in a recent interview, Jock Queeze was asked why he isn't included in the lineup. In the lineup of background singers, and here's what he had to say.
Speaker 5: Do I feel like I'm overlooked at times?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 11: You know what I'm saying. That I want to be on the R and B two. Of course that would have been dope. But you know, I don't think I would have been singing background like Mario. You know what I'm saying, and tanking all that stuff. You know what I'm saying. I would have wanted to hold my own you know what I'm saying. Shout out to them. You know what I'm saying. But I wouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: Tank responded, saying that every man has a choice to make. I've been making hard and unpopular choices for thirty years, Tank, Mario and.
Speaker 5: Eric Bellinger have been killing it on this tour.
Speaker 3: How do y'all feel about tanking Mario and Eric Bellinger singing background vocals on this tour?
Speaker 5: I think I do believe. Go ahead, Ricky, Yeah, I think it's dope.
Speaker 1: Oh, because I'm sure Usher and Chris Brown allow them to go out on stage and do something in between the real they absolutely that's when you get a blessing and the performer of the stadium or whatever, and then when people. Yeah, you give yourself so much exposure and then they say, you know, in a few years you keep building up your you know, building everything up whatever, then you could be doing the same, you know, some of the same things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some people that might not know some of their songs now have seen them perform and now want to go buy their music too.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, You're introducing yourself yourself in front of some people that probably you know your music or whatever.
Speaker 5: So I always try to go for another audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: And Eric Bellinger is a prolific writer. He writes for Usher, Chris Brown, just all of these amazing people. If you look up Eric Bellinger, he's in a He's a real cool dude, like.
Speaker 5: Catalog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go out on stage and kill it in an opportunity like that. You have no idea what you're setting yourself up for.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right, That is absolutely right.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 5: Moving on.
Speaker 3: Meg the Stallion is Michelle Obama's latest guest on her IMO podcast and it's our former First Lady's first episode in months, and during the conversation, Meg talked about how anyone can become famous these days, even if they music ain't good.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 10: A lot of people want the fame without the hard work that goes into it, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, it's a little bit easier to do that though. Now you can go viral on Instagram and have a terrible song. Just the Internet has made it really easy to be famous, good or bad.
Speaker 5: I think you can tell the difference.
Speaker 2: Between people who really love what they do and people who just want to be famous.
Speaker 3: Well, she's absolutely right. I can't I can't say she's wrong. What y'all think anybody get famous nowadays? Yeah, you don't have to really have no talent. You just gotta have a hit song, some catchy with the jingle and.
Speaker 5: A dance.
Speaker 6: Get a dance on tickto don't get Dan had it.
Speaker 3: Don't get you a TikTok, dance behind me because you're definitely famous after that, all right, y'all?
Speaker 5: Last, but not least, Now we all know. Drake is known for showering people.
Speaker 3: With lavish gifts like her mass burking bags, expensive cars, large sums of money, and more. But while on a live stream, Drake made it clear that he doesn't consider spending money on somebody tricking.
Speaker 5: And here's what he had to say.
Speaker 10: Don't be afraid to do something for somebody. You know, I was saying the other night. I hate the term tricking because trick tricking has a negative connotation to it, like a doing something for somebody for something in exchange. It's just nice to make somebody else feel good, Like that might do something for you in life more than trying to do that watch, get that look for yourself, or do something for somebody else. You might feel a little more than dropping a watch to your wrist. You you blessed to be a blessing.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, I absolutely agree with that.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all If you miss any part of the show, make sure you check it out on a Ricky Smiley Morning Show podcasts available wherever you get your podcasts, and you can catch me on my social media at so So Brad