Speaker 1: Todd Blanche makes it through.
Speaker 2: The Senate, well, I should say, at least to the Senate Committee, and now his nomination will go to the full Senate. Tony Katz, Tony Katz today, an absolute pleasure to be with you, guys. That's Todd Blanche. He is the acting Attorney General and everything is moving along as it should. We knew this was going to come. We knew this was going to be handled, and we knew it was going to be handled because he wrote, hey, the weaponization fund is gone, and that seemed to satisfy and mullify Senator Tom Tillis of North Carolina and Senator John Cornyn of Texas. That seems to have proven to people like Dick Durbin that Todd Blanche cannot be trusted. The confirmation is nothing more than a political nonsense. And everybody's screaming and yelling and moving on the Senate actually thinks that their advisor consent role is more than it is.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: We don't now take a look at confirming nominees based on a skill set. We look at confirming nominees or not based on politics and politics alone. Every Attorney general is a hand picked Attorney General. Merrick Garland was the hand picked attorney general of whoever was running the country for Joe Biden, Right, That's always the.
Speaker 1: Way it is.
Speaker 2: Eric Holder was the hand picked attorney general of Barack Obama. That's always the way it is. So this idea of handpicked is just too silly for words. Nothing wrong with Todd Blanche. Oh, the Epstein files. Ah, the Epstein file. And yes, there were people there saying that they wish that Todd Blanche wasn't confirmed because he didn't release this and didn't release that.
Speaker 1: I have from the beginning on the.
Speaker 2: Record, no question, favored releasing everything, and came around to one of the things we must do is we must redact the innocent. Just because your name in the Epstein files isn't me he did anything wrong. Just because there's a three O two the FBI did an investigation or ask some questions.
Speaker 1: Doesn't mean you did anything wrong. It's not a charge.
Speaker 2: It's not a document that does anything other than say, here's my summation as an FBI agent of our conversation. That's a three O two FD dash three O two. The idea that Trump did this and Trump did that, release everything release it all. That's been my map, thematics since day one. And yes, Trump screwed it up by not doing that. Todd Blanche can't be Attorney general because of that.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no. Don't be silly. Don't be silly.
Speaker 2: But I think the more interesting story here is the one about Jean Piro. I say, Jean Jeaneine Piro. Janine Piro is the US attorney. She was, of course on Fox News Judge Janine. She is the US attorney for the District of Columbia, and she decided to drop the case against the alleged vandal of the reflecting pool, this guy they named David Hearn, who is a US Olympian. She said, we're going to drop the case. Trump is angry. Trump was in the Oval yesterday. He was signing an executive order for military families.
Speaker 1: And he was.
Speaker 2: He said, you know what, you know what, I think. I'm very mad at her. I'm very upset with her. I think she choked, really to Janine.
Speaker 3: And frankly, I think she choked because the judge was really vicious. Instead of going after the people that did it, the judge went after her and went after her department and I guess she choked. I don't know what the hell happened. I don't know what your fake news. Don't ever talk again. You're fake news, one of the one of the worst of the business. Fortunately nobody watches you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I don't know who he was talking to right there, But did Janine Puro choke? I'll start with a basic question. Does Janeine Piro seem like the kind of woman who chokes?
Speaker 1: Does not seem to me to be that kind of person.
Speaker 2: Piero said that the charges we dropped because the real issue with the reflecting pool is the contractors, because overspranging and delamination caused the damage. That I live in a world where repairing a reflecting pool is a source of political angst, twenty twenty six is just I mean, that is peak twenty twenty six right there. Why would anybody have a problem with him fixing and reflectable. It's like being crazy about the idea that we're going to add a ballroom to the White House. It's fine, It's not the end of the world. The ballroom is fine. All of the gold all over the oval less, Oh, trust me, when I'm president, that's all coming down. All coming down. Keeping the Constitution in there or the declaration in there. Fine, Absolutely, you need a good reminder. Photos of the founding fathers, photos from the revolution, what it took to be here, photos of e Regima, a landscape shot of the beaches at Normandy, a reminder of where are dead or buried and what sacrifice they made for all of us.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's going to be there.
Speaker 2: The gold adornments are not going to be there, humidor he you better believe it. And they will be filled with Dabodov Churchills. Now I could be convinced to go with something else. I don't worry. I will have a box of the American from J. C.
Speaker 1: Newman.
Speaker 2: I'll have the American cigar there, I'll have the I'll have the davit Off Churchill's the Late Hours if you never had the Late Hour, no great cigar boo.
Speaker 1: And that'll be that. But none of that, none of the adornments. That's that's not going to happen. The ballroom.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, hey, thanks for the ballroom that it became and still is. Too many to some extent of political hot potato is a proof of the level of broken. It's a ridiculous thing to be angry about. If you hired a contractor and the contractor messes up, you go back to the contractor and you say, fix us. It's impossible that a contractor messed up. I'm gonna say for the record, no, it's not. Now. Two things can be happening at the same time. This guy, this hern fellow, David Hearn, he could have engaged in some vandalism, because Trump's point is, we have video, we have photographic evidence. Of course he did this. Look at what people did. They tried to slice the bottom of the reflecting pool. Two things can happen in a at the same time.
Speaker 1: But here is Juine Pierro saying we don't have a case here.
Speaker 2: I would argue that if she's saying we don't have a case here, she doesn't have a case. If she knows that the case, the story is a installation issue.
Speaker 1: She's not supposed to say so. Do you think she didn't know.
Speaker 2: That she would get a lot of pushback, a lot of anger from the President, possibly lose her job by doing this. Of course she would. Absolutely, you're doing it anyway, I'm not that angry with her. If the reflecting pool was done wrong. Would everyone just do me a favor and do it right.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: So we understand each other. We announced four million dollars of fraud being found and nineteen people arrested in Pennsylvania, and people are more angry and upset and worked up over this reflecting pool story.
Speaker 1: We're all nuts. You know, I'm going to I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Stay focused on what matters here, and what matters here is that the reflecting pool being fixed is a smart idea. If a guy didn't engage in vandalism, he didn't engage in vandalism. That doesn't mean he isn't possibly a scumbag who tried to engage in something criminal, but maybe what he did wasn't the criminal thing. Fix the reflecting pool. Why would abay be opposed to it? Build a ballroom? Why would an abay be opposed to it? Oh, and the idea of cleaning up the art around DC. Good art is supposed to be grander and tell the story of who we are. It's supposed to be inspirational. You want it to be broken and dirty and mismanaged. Good Lord, sculptures and statues should all be brought back to their brilliance and Trump doing this is excellent and the artists of a America should be cheering him on for actually caring about art and not just pretending to be about the arts.
Speaker 1: Excellent work.
Speaker 2: Is Jannine Perro going to be fired? I don't know. I think if he does. If he does fire her, I think it's a mistake. But she choked, don't I don't think that that's it. I think that is just temporary anger and we're on to the next thing.
Speaker 1: At least that's my hope. Keep it here. I'm Tony Katz, and this is Tony Katz today.