Speaker 1: The Frames per Second podcast.
Speaker 2: It was good, y'all, welcome to another France per second uh show. This time we are doing best HBO original shows. You know, I'm your host Rod here with Mike sitting across from me next to him, and got Spike and kenne By. What's up y'all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, So today we're gonna we're gonna list our top three HBO original shows.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: I think I've said here before. They ain't always have access to HBO. I didn't always have access to HBO. So a lot of these things I've seen it later or over someone's house, and I definitely wasn't able to watch some of these older series like Odds or you know, any of those things that that came like in the.
Speaker 1: Early mid nineties. I just didn't have the access.
Speaker 2: I heard about them, but I just didn't have the access, and a lot of them, I won't say a lot of them, but some of them.
Speaker 1: Went back and had to watch later.
Speaker 2: So I'm definitely curious to see, you know, what are some of you guys top HBO original shows because I know y'all watched and then y'all watch a lot more TV TV shows than I do, so I don't. I don't have as deeper bag as y'all do when it comes to this. So my list is very what I had to pull from was short, but so, but I am curious to see what you guys have. And I did like the list that uh Jalen put in in notion that goes all the way back to eighty three. I don't know if y'all actually.
Speaker 1: Clicked on the link is eighty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes all the way back to eighty three. It's like Philip Marlow Private High.
Speaker 1: Oh, so they were putting out some ship that nobody was watching Maximum Security. That was from it was one season. I think OZ was the first show that blake and that was in ninety seven when was Six Feet Under? Was that after OZ? Right?
Speaker 2: That was two thousand and one, Yeah, and that ran for five six seasons.
Speaker 3: I still need to finish that. I heard about the end, and then I was kind of like, no, no, it's good, it's.
Speaker 1: Good, Okay, I need to go back and finish it. I'm gonna do that. It's his surprise.
Speaker 2: And then this, Yeah, but I'm curious to see how far you guys went back. If it's something that you know it was later in the twenty teams or whatever, and then if it's a new show that that that cracks your top three.
Speaker 1: So I guess how I'll do this.
Speaker 2: I'll go around with everybody's number three, and then after we go through our three, we can kind of name some some honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: Is that cool? Everybody? Yeah? Okay, all right, cool. I'm gonna do how you didn't me, Spike.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start with you because I think you probably watched the most TV out of all of us. Definitely, what's your number three on HBO Best Best HBO Shows?
Speaker 1: I try to stay away from the obvious ones. I mean, if it's the obvious ones, ye what it is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean I guess those are like given like the Wired Soprano Game of Throngs. I think that all of them I avoided.
Speaker 1: You just want to put context. I avoided that. We all I think the people and us know which ones were talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I avoided those like okay, well that's good time, so that those are given for yes, given.
Speaker 1: Outside of those, you made a top three exactly, That's what I did.
Speaker 3: And three is succession, Okay, succession, that's still going on right, it's over now, it just ended or something like that.
Speaker 1: Here you're talking ago about two years ago, so y'all still talk about it. Why are y'all still talking that good? That good man? Exactly?
Speaker 3: For me, I feel like there are better shows on HBO with just one of the few shows from episode one to the last episode that it held up. Every episode was good, it didn't really you don't have a.
Speaker 1: Season when that season really wasn't that good.
Speaker 3: Like every episode in every season, I feel like, hell to what this show is. It never got away from what the show was. All the characters aligned with who they were, the character arcs and grows, so I feel like were nailed perfectly. So I had to put Succession in three on my list. Okay, all right, that's good. That's good. Ken, what's your number three?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: So, very much like Spike, I figured, I operated under the assumption that Gamer Thrones, the Wire et C will be taken. So I wanted to represent for some other folks because I figured that those would make most of y'all's list. Number three is torn between two series, so one of them isn't gonna make the list with one of them will not make the list or will be an honorable mention. It's difficult because I didn't really care for that last season all that much.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the leftovers, the leftovers. I think I'm gonna go with the leftovers. And number three. I hear that a lot. I'm not familiar with what's the leftovers?
Speaker 4: It's some weird ass ship that no one knows what the fuck is going on or whatever happened.
Speaker 1: Even when you get to the end, you still don't know what the is going on? Is it over? Yeah? How many seasons were? Three? Oh? Three? Oh, so you're familiar with it too, Yeah, it's on my list. Okay, cool, cool, but it's not now Becau'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Take it off because Ken said it, and I almost left it off because I wondered if you were gonna say it too, and went with West World.
Speaker 2: I know, Yeah, he's from the onset has been him be a critical about West World from even Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 5: I only watched the first season. I watched the first season seacuse.
Speaker 1: It deals with time travel and some ship like that or some sort of didn't see any time travel. It was just not interesting. I just kept going back and across timeline. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The issue with the reason why I struggled with West World was because of the last season, But prior to that, I was I was all in. They just started to lose me. They lost me with season four. I think it was four, so it almost it pulled a Game of Thrones sort of where the last season wasn't all that good. I think they were just trying to end the show and find a way to get to do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll just go clockwise and I'll go next. My number three is Insecure. I like Insecure, and I feel like, yes, HBO show. I can't see that only list. It's absolutely an HBO show. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, I thought that this was a very solid, solid show. I think it had a few misses here and there, but I think for the most part, man, it was a good representation of us on screen. And and yeah, I think it deserves to be in the discussion. Is top series on HBO personally?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I like it. I like I like it. I'm gonna put that as my my number three. Mike, what is your number three? True Detective? Is that still going on?
Speaker 5: Well, it just had a season, but people ship on it. Spike I've liked all the seasons, even though one was it season two that people didn't like.
Speaker 1: Year I thought it was fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't as good as season one or season three, but no, man, True Detective is awesome.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I meant to go back and watch started, but it's just because the one episode I watched it was really good. That was the one with McConaughey, Matthew mcconne. Last season one, that ship seemed like it was good. I just never went back to watch it. Just never went back to watching body.
Speaker 5: Yes, absolutely, yeah, Like I don't think I realized before that season that Wood Harold.
Speaker 1: Was such a good actor. He did such a great job.
Speaker 3: And the one with Marshall yea three, I forget the white dude told a great story. I don't know his name, but they said that story was fantastic.
Speaker 1: It really was. The way they bounce back with time in.
Speaker 3: That one reveal at the ship really is like it's one of those like literally you're gonna say that and you're like, oh, damn.
Speaker 1: Those Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always wanted to go back to I just didn't know if it was worth it. It's definitely I heard I heard some criticism of it season two.
Speaker 5: Okaya, people don't like season two, and then people don't like the most recent season, which again Night Country I thought was good.
Speaker 1: And the thing about it you can skip them. That's true because it's not not tied like that got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's an overarching thing that goes into all of them, but they're not really tied together.
Speaker 2: Kind of like a white lotus. Yes, yeah, okay, okay, So we're gonna move on to number two. What's your number two?
Speaker 1: Swipe? Number two is?
Speaker 3: It was canceled out to two seasons, but those were two impactful seasons. It's how to make It in America? What had Kid cutting in it? Really, it's about these late teen the early adult people trying to just make it in New York. They have different hustles that they have. Some of them are artists, some of them just entrepreneurs, fashion designers, but just come out and it's showing the scene. It came out in twenty ten, two seasons, and it's just showing the scene of like a close knit group of New Yorkers just trying to make it and like they hustles and the different things that they get into. Great dynamic characters, great storylines. It's thirty minutes, so it's not long. Get you in and out. It's really really slept on. Counceled too soon the HBO show. You'll enjoy every episode, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yep? Okay? Cool? Did you have you seen I know, Mike scene like he's okay? Really yeah, I can't see you liking it, But honestly, it's not something.
Speaker 3: I would typically watch. Yeah, it surprises you. He definitely surprised you, Like, man, this is okay. Yeah, I'm rocking with this surprise. So what's your number two?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: The news Room it's one of my love great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a political show, but it's with it's basically doing a news show.
Speaker 1: Is it a real news show?
Speaker 4: But it really shows the politics and the incurtesies of putting on a news show, sourcing your your stories, just the dynamics of it, the inner politics and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Talk about a show that was canceled too soon? My god, man, this show was great. Jeff who's the the blondehead Jeff Do? He was so good in this, man, I can't think of it, but he was was really good. After this. I think it was a very liberal.
Speaker 3: He was definitely definitely, But yeah, it's doing about Aaron Swarkin, so you know the style he has, like he done West Wing and all those other different things.
Speaker 1: So it's from twenty twelve to twenty fourteen, three seasons. Jeff Daniels. Jeff Daniels, Yeah, yeah, Oh my god, he did a great man. It's really Olivia Mund was really good. Yeah. Okay, so you're familiar with it. Oh, y'all love it's one of my favorites. Dangn okay, that's great. All right.
Speaker 2: I know y'all say, y'all was going to keep it off y'all's, but I'm gonna put it on mine, like because, like I said, again, I didn't watch many HBO series like that, but Game of Thrones, as bad as it ended, I still think it held its own to be worthy of this list.
Speaker 1: I would have never thought I would have watched the show like this, And the.
Speaker 2: Fact that they were able to keep such a stronghold on me for so many yelples, so many seasons, is that that's something to be said. It's something to be said, Like Naomi and I benched this ship. We had such a good time watching this show.
Speaker 1: It's almost unbelievable. How good it was. Yeah, like when it was really really good because I being it like you You're like, bro, this ship is fine, it's really good.
Speaker 2: It's really good. It was a different way of telling story, Like you have very popular people on this shit and you think they live and they motherfuckers don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, they did some they did some dope ship on the show. They did some dope shit on the show. So I think it's still worthy to be in those top discussions. So yeah, that is my number two Mike, What is your number two?
Speaker 1: Oz? Oh? Okay, I know I heard a lot of people herod OZ, but I never got into it. It's so good. It just had it had a couple of hiccups. You know. The one season that had Luke Perry I thought was a bit ridiculous. But other than that, yeah, man, yeah that's that ship ran for six seasons. Oh yeah, people talked about it. It was it was a holly It was a water cooler conversation. Really, I remember it was. Yeah, I remember people talking about it. It definitely makes you not want to go to jail. Yeah, that's what I used to hear. I used to hear about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, the ship they did to I forget was was it Chris Maloney, the guy that's on SVU?
Speaker 1: What was his name on OZ? It doesn't matter. You didn't watch his fight, No, you didn't watch OZ.
Speaker 2: You probably heard about the scene, like the booty sex. So scared of booty sex you can't even watch.
Speaker 3: I never it looked I tried the first episode. It just looked too old, like braining. Yeah, it looks it looks old. It does look old, man. That show you would like it if you gave it a shot. It's really fucking good man.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm surprised, because I think I thought the same thing. I thought it would be a show that.
Speaker 1: You would like. I've heard that, Yeah, I've heard really good things about it, but never tapped into it. Mm hmm. There's a lot of pennance, so it's just me. But the wire looked old too, not like not like you're gonna be like, God, do this. It looks like it's from like the eighties or something. What kind of camera was y'all using?
Speaker 3: I don't know, And I think the difference and I'm not familiar with odds enough to notice, but the wire looking old kind of ads to the feel of it. It kind of looked like a documentary or some ship that you should be watching. It threw me off on how it looks, but I give what you say.
Speaker 1: It is greenny, gritty and grainy. So yeah, it's hard. It's hard to get through you.
Speaker 2: All right, man, I'm gonna ask for your number one, but I'm gonna I'm gonna circle back around until you're gonna get you some time to see what your true number.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think it's still important to know, like what are your actual top show even if they are popular or whatever.
Speaker 1: I think it's still the same thing with you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I still think it's still you should you should say. Okay, what would you actually put on your top three? I got both of them instead of putting your sign, so if you want to go through both, you can't. But what's your top one that you know.
Speaker 1: People want to expect for it? To my actual top three?
Speaker 3: If I wasn't excluding anything not the actual yet, I'll say that this one right now.
Speaker 1: The Night of the Night of.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that stars John Taturo, Riz Ahmed who was replaced Nas and Man when I tell you, this was one of those when HBO started getting in that mini series bag and you were looking at this and you were like, what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: What are they talking to?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What is the story that they're trying to tell here? I'm so glad that they just left it in one season. They didn't try to go back, even though it was wildly popular. John To absolutely bodied this role. But it's grimy, is gritty, it's mysterious. It does all the things that you want, just like a random TV show to do. And that shit was that shit was fine. I need to rewatch that.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was just about to say I need to rewatch it because I now that you start talking about it, I don't remember the killer at this point, so I need to go back and rewatch it. Well, no spoilers, of course, but man, that was waking up and look what Yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really fuck Okay, it's really good. Yeah, that's it. That's there, all right? And then what's your top three? Actual? My top three actual?
Speaker 3: Number one is The Wire, number two is The Sopranos, and number three is interchangeable. Sometimes I'll go with Game of Thrones sometimes I'll actually go with succession. I want to do that because I don't think a lot of people know about it. Game of throwing succession Entourage, like are interchangeable. Threese was a HBO.
Speaker 1: I think I seen Okay, all right, Ken, what was your your put on number one? Cookie? Hell? No, you're serious, I am serious. True Blood God, hey man, every Sunday, every ay man. I was watching it with the misses Bro. I got caught up Bro and Bill, Bill and Eric Bro. I mean I ran for seven seasons, that's right. And then they had that that black guy on the r I P. He was great. He died. Yes. The cousin, the gay cousin. Yeah, yeah, Tara, Tara was great on there. She was Oh I love me some Tar Bro. Yeah, true Blood Bro seasons.
Speaker 2: I used to hear people talking about it like it was that one. Yes, that's that's pretty. That's pretty impression seven season twenty twenty eight to twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Who I'll let you finish. No, something's gotta be fixed, go ahead. Yeah, but but no, true Blood was was was it was?
Speaker 4: It was out of all out of looking at the list, it was the only one that was left outside of the obvious ones for me, but no, I watched all seven seasons and I just got caught up, bro, and it was it was, it was, It was good. The interesting story about that is that the book that it was written off of, when Kendall was when my wife was in the hospital, he had just been born. I walked over to CBS from PEMA Hospital and I bought the book, just some random vampire book because my wife was vampires, and I gave it to her so she can read while she was in the hospital because it's gonna be there for a couple of days. And then they turned that into a series just just friendally picked it up.
Speaker 1: It was. It was crazy that that happened. Ye. Yeah. I saw one of the episodes.
Speaker 2: I had had a hotel stay and you know how they all hotels, HBO and so, and it was on and I was like, oh, this is pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was one of those ones I said I would probably go back and watch, but I just never. It started to get a little ridiculous with some of the things, and I remember y'all saying that, and that's what made me not watch. I caught on late.
Speaker 5: I watched it way after it was already done, but it's it's it's fun, it's worth it. I mean I never watched because it felt like a bootleg Buffy, so I was like, I'm good. But when I actually did sit down and watch it, it's definitely enjoyable, just because if I can't think of his name, the black guy, it's not La fonds.
Speaker 3: That he was the one yes the show. Yes, yes, I remember y'all talking about that's terrible. Damn, I seemed like seven episodes. You're right he used to steal the show. Yes, I don't know where I stopped.
Speaker 6: You, Kim, what do you have your actual top three? I mean I would go Gamer Thrones three of one, one, the Wire two and three probably, I guess, probably true, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe Okay what the Wire two? The game throws out of the wires like the last for it probably is. No, that's crazy. I'm sure. I'm telling I'm sure it is. Wow. All right? Uh my number one? Well is it?
Speaker 3: That's yes, that's I don't think nothing better than the Wires ever graced HBO's scree.
Speaker 2: Sopranos, which is my number one. Hell hell except Sopranos, which is my number one. Over the wire would make my top five. It's not gonna make my top three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you just don't want to accept it. It's better than snowfalls, so you're trying to stick to your character.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Oh my god, I can't stand. You can't sell them two own the Sopranos. They neither one of them like it. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, do you do you think that David Chase is racist as you look at it? When's the last time you watched it. I haven't watched it since.
Speaker 1: His racism is very apparent watching the show now, But.
Speaker 2: See I don't I typically don't have an issue with that. I watched quin Tinant, but this is.
Speaker 3: Even beyond like old Italians don't like black people. This is him forcing his commentary.
Speaker 1: I never I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you watch it now, you be like what he thinks and how Yeah him pretty bad facts.
Speaker 1: Wow, I did not know. I didn't know that, so that probably would.
Speaker 3: Change my perspective. Yeah, I know if I did go back and watch it with that. The last rewatched it I did for a Good Earners, it was very apparent. We talked about it on the show. It's like, without that context is my number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's my number one. Without that context, Mike, what's your number one? I think we all know. Yeah, it's the only correct answer, this whole whole room wire.
Speaker 5: So it's the greatest, great It's one of the best series period ever made. Like the way that they were able to get you to attached to characters.
Speaker 1: But you never picked a side. Well, I never the clear side. It's like you liked the cops, you liked that's but you never there was never a time where.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, ship, I hope fucking bunking them and Keema, I hope they fucking catch him.
Speaker 1: Never you just sat back and just watched how it broke down and the whole idea of the vacance, and oh.
Speaker 5: Man, this show is amazing and nothing ever came off too fantastic. Nothing was ever too unrealistic until season five with the whole serial killer ship, which is a bit weird.
Speaker 1: But other than that, Oh so you liked season two as well?
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't don't like season two, but with everybody talking about it, I do agree that it's needed because it shows the other perspective of you know, how this whole game works. It's just a drag it's just a drag. It should have been season three. Yeah, it's the season two. I'm surprised it got renewed after that Ship.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, I wasn't there. I wasn't in the time.
Speaker 2: I watched Wire later me too, So I don't know how it felt in the time. Did you watch it in real time?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I watched it later later. Did you watch it a real time? No, I watched it later And yeah, I bet BE watched that ship every week. I probably.
Speaker 3: I watched it around boot leg DVD time. I had to ask me, I want to be watching it in real time? Yeah, season one?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, he uh.
Speaker 2: Mike makes a really good case on on the way that they produced that show. You didn't really have a side that you picked. You just kind of watched it all play out. Didn't really hate the cops, you didn't. You didn't hate like Stringer Bell like you kind of hate the string of Bill look a little bit, a little bit, but you understood them. So yeah, No, it's it's definitely to contrary to belief. I like the I like the Wire, don't get me wrong, like Wires not enough to be top three.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. It's not even top three. Yeah, it's top five. I think it's top five. It's not top three. I can't.
Speaker 4: Finally, well, you didn't say what it could be four. I was just about to ask what three shows are better than the I was about I just put.
Speaker 1: Them on there. Same again, Insecure. You're crazy.
Speaker 5: You don't think Insecure is better than the Wire. You're lying, Rod, I don't believe you. I like the cultural impact of insecutor.
Speaker 1: Objectively, Insecure is not a better show than The Wire. Objectively, objectively, it's not either. I don't believe them.
Speaker 2: But for me, it's a more enjoyable show. I can go back and watch the Insecure right now. I can't do the same. I had to force myself to watch them. I would do a Wire. We watch anything. I was about two when when we said we was gonna do the Versus, I started it.
Speaker 1: I started. I started with season one. I didn't make it.
Speaker 2: Season two is gonna be my issue trying to get through season two. But then and then part of season five like.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I was I had made an attempt to rewatch it, and yeah, it's just it's just.
Speaker 3: It's hard I rewatch. I'm in from the moment, man asks man, why y'all let it play? It's America, ain't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm right that song that it's so fun to watch always pick up something to that. Okay, now, but I really love like I was just trying to represent for the South. I fantasy people, but and.
Speaker 4: I was trying to socio the way they told the story from a socio economic political perspective. It's so complex and so realistic. It's really really, really, really amazing.
Speaker 1: I think we're ruined. Why for me, is all the hype surrounded around it justified?
Speaker 2: They came though, And by the time I watched it, No, I watched it like in twenty fucking where year was that?
Speaker 1: Twenty thirteen?
Speaker 2: But why would that hurt the show? Because my excitations were higher, and like, it didn't necessarily hurt the show.
Speaker 1: I like the show. It just I'm like, it ain't what your thought it was. And I feel for me I got that the same. Yeah, stupid, but it lived up to the height. No, no, no, I think it meant the high too. But because I was like, damn, they weren't lying because because saying I have.
Speaker 2: Because my boy he told me he was the only one that wasn't on the wire train and he's like, yeah, you can watch it, but it ain't like you know.
Speaker 1: And so when I watched and I was like, yeah, it's straight, it's straight Insecure over the wires. That's but it's only it's only I'm a cultural standpage. I see what the cultural stand don't the wire culture standpoint?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: That ship had the y'all, y'all remember what Insecure had the Internet? But there was no Internet for the wires. That's not a fair compared.
Speaker 1: But but the streets talking if it was coming, you can go on right now.
Speaker 3: We don't have a man, don't we have Yeah, a man gotta have a cod have a cod have my name is my name? You want it to be one way, it's the other way?
Speaker 1: Like this so much that was was the show after the show with with you have people like you have people arguing yeah it's.
Speaker 5: Lap Yeah. Is that is that fair to be like that makes the show better? Or was it cultural impact?
Speaker 1: I did were lost? It made Lost better? What made Loss better? Culture? The show? After show? I look like.
Speaker 3: That made Lost better? Like the show after the show read what people thought that that was the nature Secure? Like like, no, isn't a more complex like thing that that WHI was. No, it's definitely a different show. But it was a very black show. It was a very I ain't watch it in real time straight, bro, it's not really really you you haven't watched it, Secure, Yeah, said I need to rewatch it. I skimmed through it, but it was one of those I watched because I had refused to just on some for no reason at all, and I was like, go ahead and watch it. Was halfway watching it and Insecure was definitely watching it in real time with other people.
Speaker 1: It was good. You know, I think going back to rewatch it, I don't. I don't think you'll get the same feeling. No.
Speaker 3: I know you're right because when I watched it, because I watched it again after it was Aaron and I was like, I get it, but I don't get it.
Speaker 1: You need the conversations otherwise it's just like a show. Yes, that's what I do.
Speaker 2: I do plan on going back and rewatching the whole thing. One of my boy you watched it with his with his girl and they they are enjoying it watching it together right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the other two? Real quick? The other two better than you got?
Speaker 5: Better than the you got and and uh pranos insecure. You said one in my and my and my other one on the list was was up Game of Thrones.
Speaker 3: So you got Game of Thrones insecure, Sopranos, better than the wire you got wired for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why would be four? Yeah? Nah, Yeah it's at four. I got it at four. That's that's that's damn. The only one I can really look at you crazy with is Insecure. The other two.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a fair argument. Yeah, Sopranos, I think it's fair. I think Game of Thrones is definitely worthy. Insecure. I know it sounds crazy. I know it sounds crazy, but that's just I don't know. I enjoyed Insecure more like I just do. Like I that conversation more than the dope game and the FIDS and ship. I feel like we get a lot of that, but this is.
Speaker 1: Not that way different because this was soon as you hear.
Speaker 3: From the dope dealer or the Fed right now, you hear from Congress and senators and everybody.
Speaker 1: In the contract and the way the media was school.
Speaker 2: System, Like, oh man, I'm not arguing that the stopped top three. I would say that I'm not arguing that that the Wires top three, it's just not my.
Speaker 3: Top three, my honor, my honorable mention. I love it, my honorable mentions. I love life.
Speaker 1: That was fine. That ship was fucking amazing. It really was. Watched it, Mayor of Kingstown. M hm, you keep talking about love like I been meaning to watch watching the Love The Stranger that I told you watched a lot of HBO show that I ain't tried.
Speaker 5: Stranger was incredible. I'm still they canceled it, Yeah, that should I don't know what the fun they were thinking.
Speaker 1: And industry. I enjoyed the industry. I to watch that industry is really good. That's got the one black girl from with the big folhead like that though. My honorable mentions obviously the Wire. I think that would have been for the Penguin. I thought the Penguin was really good. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: I thought that was really good. And y'all might have know it might you probably didn't forget it. But I May destroy you. It was a really good It was only one heart, but I May Destroy You was so fucking was really so good. But I couldn't give it top three because it only had one season. So but I think they kept that going. I think that ship would would make its way into the top conversation.
Speaker 1: Did they cancel or did they always just playing one season? It seemed like they always playing one season is what it seemed like the way it ended. But that, yeah, I feel like that is a good one. Yeah, I feel like they could have kept that one going. I may destroy it was really Yeah, she killed that ship. That ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't realize was show into I looked up the list. Yeah, so that's what I'm glad he provided that list. I didn't see the list of any honorable mentions.
Speaker 1: For you kids in the hall. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That I used to watch that ship all the time. That she was funny to me, I'm squishing your hand. So that's a nostalgia pick the city.
Speaker 1: I was about to say, Yeah, I was about to say, nobody look like, don't look at me like that. You know you watched it, Like, wait a minute, you're gonna had on sex and the city. The city, but a top anything, it's an honorable mention. It is able fact.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know where at the top it would all fit. But I was wondering if anybody was gonna say, I am.
Speaker 1: I'm secure to sit there watching ship every day and week with my girl and we'll be talking about that ship. Man. I love it. I said what you might call it a fucking love Craft country. I don't. Yeah, I need to rewatch. I talked about love Craft to another conversations, but not this one. But Mike. Last night, I watched the first episode of Dary Good. Don't you saying too much? Don't say much. I ain't seen it. I ain't watched I was the build up. Oh I thought you were good.
Speaker 5: I'm loving it, man, I gotta watch epis episode for the first episode ends. No spoilers, but I was seriously like, are you all serious? This has to be a dream or something.
Speaker 4: If it wasn't so late, I would have watched the second episode, but I never watched it. I haven't watched this episode two yet, but that's first episode. I was like, oh my god, it's good man, Yeah, it is good.
Speaker 5: I wish I would have looked at this list before we started talking, but you see it. I didn't because I didn't even see he put that in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. The link is good. Did you did your honibles already? You kind of did did you have any I would have if I had looked at this list. Was trying to find the name of the what happened? I said. One man was boardwalk Empire. That's when a lot of peoplewalk Empire was incredible. Steve A.
Speaker 3: SHEMI absolutely, absolutely And the guy who half faced, I can't remember his name.
Speaker 1: He's really good too.
Speaker 3: Later on Your Boy Narcis, he played Jeffrey right, Oh yeah, you up? He came later absolutely killed it. Old war was in that Mike was Yep, he killed it.
Speaker 5: Y's right, But nah, one what I was gonna throw out there was is that this is the town or this is our town, the one that had shame for walking Dead?
Speaker 1: Remember that you told us to watch that. That was good. I've seen it. It was good.
Speaker 5: I was trying to find the name of it, but I can't find I think it's it's either this is the town. Oh we owned the city, thank you? Oh yeah, because own the city. It's similar to the it's basic Philly, I mean basic. Yeah, it's about it's about the police force.
Speaker 1: Did you want the true story? Yep? I listened to a podcast about it.
Speaker 3: Not even put into it two together as they were telling the story of the podcast that shot.
Speaker 1: And then I had to look it up. But yeah, they told the whole story about that ship. Was he he? John? Yeah? Man, he did he amazing John? Good God. I thought we did. I guess we didn't. I thought we just talked about it. But I thought we did too, But we probably just talked about it. It took me.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really get into it first because I was had sold many wire people in it, and I was just make them like the Wire.
Speaker 1: But this is something totally different. That ship was fantastic. It's so good. That's a good one. I forgot about that. Any love for what is it? All of us?
Speaker 6: What is it called?
Speaker 1: This is? This is not not? This is us? This is which one?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: The last of us? Last? Last of us? Any love for that? Not in my top? They jumped. There's too many good shows put that at my top. Okay, I still think the show is incredible, but I feel like it makes our tops when we do. They're still building though they're not done yet. You know, they may be. I don't know if anybody is really interested. Well after what happened, Yeah, do you think they're having a ga moment. What happened trying to.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I know it was real life. Did you do something? No, I don't know. People are just trying to say the show is too woke. Right, White, I think you might have who are you thinking of the women we just talked about hawk, Oh, I don't look alike. That ship was funny though, and then I read funny. I don't know if it's true, but it's funny. Well I read the article and it was not as funny, but the headline was funny.
Speaker 4: There's some there's some accusations going back and forth between the two of them, So each one of are accusing each other, doing some fun up ship through each other.
Speaker 1: It's crazy ship.
Speaker 5: Now this last of us is I have to wait till season three. If season three comes back and they kill it, then maybe we can talk again.
Speaker 1: But could White Lotus make it any at some point?
Speaker 5: I really, I really didn't do my homework at all, y'all was White Loaves would have been an honorable mention because I've loved everything so far.
Speaker 1: Everything so far, no.
Speaker 2: Love for Kurt who Kurby enthusiasm, No, but you made me think of it's the longest it's the longest running HBO show.
Speaker 1: I think it has twelve seasons.
Speaker 3: Did you watch Barry can Nobody watched Barry watch the whole first season thanks to fucking Nick, asked Nick.
Speaker 1: And you didn't like it? Hell hated that ship? Nalely of that show is amazing. Man watching That's interesting?
Speaker 2: All right, man, we're gonna get up out of here. Ma anything else y'all want to bring up for his HBO shows?
Speaker 1: This is a good one.
Speaker 5: Trying to scam through and see there's anything else. I messed but yeah, I don't see anything, all right?
Speaker 1: Cool man? Well look man, this has been a Netflix next Yeah we should do Netflix. Yeah, that'll be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, man, this has been another France for a second podcast show. And make sure you follow us on all the socials Patreon. Patreon is a Patreon dot com Ford slash France per.
Speaker 1: Second and YouTube is YouTube.
Speaker 2: Dot com Forward Slash FPS podcast, So make sure you follow us, follow us in those places.
Speaker 1: We are releasing content.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of special things on there, like social solo reviews and things. So yeah, man, make sure you follow us in all those places. And until the next shore, we'll see you