Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five was loaded with ups and downs in both film and television. On January eleventh, at two pm the FPS Cast, we'll reveal their top ten films and TV shows of the year live on YouTube. Patreons within the Director's Cut tier will also have the opportunity to provide their top fives to be played live on the show. Be sure to come and check us out and share your commentary asks, the Cruel Questions and if you are a Patreon, take part in the show again. That's January eleventh at two pm Eastern Standard Time on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com. Forward Slash FPS podcast, the Frames per Second Podcast. Welcome to another episode of the France Teking Podcast. I'm your host with evening, my name is Mike, and with me I have Ken Ollo. Also we got Nick.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: We're supposed to have Jalen, so y'all send him some math why he failed on us. But but yeah, today we are going to be given our thoughts on the I don't know. In Knick's words, he always said, don't know if this is a hit show. I don't know if it's a hit show yet.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: All right, hit show Welcome to Darry. So let's get a quick around the room. Let's start with you, Ken, What did you think about This.
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: By far one of the best shows I watched this year, if not the best show that I watched this year. I thought they did a really good job. I was listening to the podcast. I do got to go catch up and catch the remaining episodes. But listening to them talk about it, some one of the people that were behind they were They're like, they're they're in it. You know, this isn't them just kind of putting something together, Like they're involved and really engaged with telling these stories.
Speaker 2: And I think that plays a part and why I feel like it's.
Speaker 4: So well done, down to the kids, you know, the horror elements everything. Man, it was a surprise to the point where I was watching it every week and I was like, now I gotta stop because I I want to just binge it all the way through because it was you know, I just want to sit there and wait.
Speaker 2: But no, I think they did a good job. So I love it.
Speaker 1: What about you, Nick?
Speaker 3: I just finished it today, Like I basically started and finished it in one day.
Speaker 1: Like Ken said, one of the best shows of the Year.
Speaker 3: I do have just some personal gripes with some things, but but also, like Ken said, this is a very well thought out show, especially how its ties to the HOS Steve Stephen King universe. So yeah, there was no complaints as far as acting, cinematography and all that.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I love this. I loved it. I only stopped watching it. I stopped on episode three because I was getting really irritated waiting week two weeks. I was like, fucking, I'm not doing this. I'm gonna be patient. I'm gonna wait till it's over, and then I'm just gonna watch it all. And I'm glad I did that, because you know, nothing for me is a week to week show these days. I don't want the week shows. It's over now, you know. But yeah, this was fucking good and which you know, we'll get into it. But even with the time travel shit, which I fucking hate. I hate time travel stuff, it was fine. It worked for me. It worked for me here, So yeah, man, let's go ahead and jump on into this. Episode. One starts with us meeting Matty Clements, who's kicked out of a movie theater and then ends up hitchhiking and he asked this family to take him out of darry Nick, what'd you think about what went down with him in the car, Mike?
Speaker 3: This is probably one of the I think y'all may have already had a conversation about like shows that have like a pilot episode that's like, oh shit, I'm locked in. Yeah, like you got it because it's a TV show, So I'm thinking, like, it's not gonna go as far as the movies went. But they they said, Noah, Nick, we hbo like that ship. Mike Man, I was like, this is crazy. I don't know what's about to happen, but I'm locked in.
Speaker 1: Were you locked in too, Ken?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think it was a great way to open the show. I mean, you connect the people off rip and you're letting them know that it's not safe. It's not a safe space here, and you see them kids and I'm like, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Bro, what the hell wrong with these damn kids? Like what the hell was going? And the parents this motherfucker's crazy as sound.
Speaker 4: And then they just snapped it just and then every just all hell broke lose and then that's you know, the kid was missing.
Speaker 2: I was like shit, I said Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this was a really good way to kick it off. The only thing that had me a little concern was so when she was giving birth to that baby. I was like, bro, this is this is this is crazy. What are y'all doing? But then when the baby started flying around the car, I was like, why y'all got this to BcgI budget? This looks like a drawing of a baby that y'all just threw up in the air and digitized. It was bad. The CGI was really bad. But outside of that, just like the weirdness of it, the daughter sitting back there eating the liver and then trying to fucking, you know, put it on his face or whatever. This is crazy, but it was. It was It was definitely a good way to kick it off. So after that we meet Lily Bainbridge and her friend Marge. We also meet Teddy and Phil. So Lily has a vision of Maddie reaching out to her through her sink, but then, uh, Teddy, who's Jewish, has a vision of a face and a lamp shade. What did y'all think of this? Either one of y'all.
Speaker 3: I liked the because I had to rewatch that that second episode again.
Speaker 1: Because I didn't understand the whole lamp shape thing.
Speaker 3: And then I remember his dad said that story at the dinner table when he was asking, like, what what if there's a kid that's down there, how like could they survive as ship? And his dad I thought it was gonna be real sympathetic at first, he was like, nigga, cut the ship.
Speaker 1: Reading comic books. We already been through our our his you know, our past.
Speaker 3: Our family history and all that. We ain't trying to deal with none of what you're talking about. But again, well I don't want to jump the gun, but like, yeah, meeting meeting uh the kids that initially in that second episode or that first episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was not expecting that none of that ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you know, I think immediately you kind of start to get an understanding of who they are and their characters, like some of them their family background, and you're prepared to ribe, you know, ride with these these these kids you know for the series, like these are the main characters and.
Speaker 2: Uh, and yeah, I like that though.
Speaker 4: I like that, you know, you get to see what may have been like real conversations that take place in certain households that were not privy to you know, I don't know if it was embellish or not, but you know, I.
Speaker 2: Thought that that was cool.
Speaker 4: But no, yeah, I thought that was interesting about the comic books put that ship up.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I was with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really liked what they did with the lamp shade thing because you know, you know, he's Jewish and that was always stories that we heard from the Holocaust was that there were people that would make lamp shades out of human skin. So I think adding that to this story was actually really really really well done and just creepy as fuck. This poor kid is trying to sleep and this goddamn lamp shade comes to life and starts talking. Imagine if he was jacking off with some shit and the land like, hey, Mike, it followed him too. I thought it was over what it let fell down on the floor, came around the Hey, we ain't good yet, but oh my god, man. So yes, they meet up with Ronnie Ronnie Grogan I think it's her last name, who believes them because she's heard kids singing in the sewer, and she brings him to the movie theater that her father works at so they can try to get some answers. Nick, what did you think about what happened in this fucking scene? Brun This is what.
Speaker 3: Because I already thought, like, Okay, they start off the episode with some crazy ship that was just to get us into the world.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna do nothing else.
Speaker 5: Man, Mike, you know how I am.
Speaker 1: I'm always about like taking niggas off the board.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They was taking.
Speaker 3: Kids off the board early early, and this is kids, like you mentioned, Mike. I'm thinking they're gonna be here for the show because we got to meet their family.
Speaker 1: This that that.
Speaker 3: Bro once I see that motherfucker smiling, And even the movie itself was crazy, like creepy crazy too, like some shit Spike would watch like that ship was like, Man, that theater. I was not expecting that at all.
Speaker 1: I was just hoping the Black Girl will survived.
Speaker 6: Mike.
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: Ken, Did they get you with this?
Speaker 4: I didn't think they were dead bro it because who does that? Who kills kids in the first episode the pilot. I'm like, we're gonna ride with these kids for eight episodes. We're gonna figure this it ship out. We're gonna lose a couple here and there, because that's what it is. We lost them all, like everybody was gone, and I'm like, somebody's gonna wake up from a dream. No, they were completely taking off the board and I'm like, okay, this is different and I'm with it. And honestly, from there on out, I was concerned something like I don't think anybody was safe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bro, And that made me think, like, all right, so what it made me more interested, like what is this story? Because this clearly is it's deeper than a prequel, Like it's it's its own thing. You don't even have to worry about what you're talking about with it chapter one and.
Speaker 1: Two as far as what was re released.
Speaker 3: But Ken, I knew it was real when he ripped that motherfucker part and threw him against the uh the.
Speaker 1: Black girl, like know what to do? Talk about three D? That shit was crazy. Yeah, no, I'm with you. I think this is a hell of a way to end the episode. I was not at all expecting this. I did not think they were going to kill three fists of these damn kids. But when when the fucking the little baby flying monster thing bit that little girl's arm off, I was like Okay, I'm here for this ship because I mean, I don't like real life kids dying, of course, but in a movie, oh fuck them kids. Like what Ronnie thought she was gonna do with that hammer he tried. He was like, hey man, I'm not gonna just go out. I'm gonna at least take a baby tooth or two. You gotta have something.
Speaker 2: I was applied.
Speaker 1: She ran her little ass down there. I'm leaving.
Speaker 2: Fuck that.
Speaker 1: I met y'all yesterday. I'm not fighting a fucking flying baby demon for y'all. I'm leaving. In this episode, we also meet Major Lee Roy Handling and his friend Pauli Russo, what did y'all think about the attack that went down with him?
Speaker 2: That's when they jumped him in the.
Speaker 1: Spot, they jumped him in those gas masks or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought that was good too, because now you added another element. I don't know what was going on. I don't know why outside of racism, because that's what I thought, because that he had that encounter with that white guy earlier who didn't want to salute him or whatever.
Speaker 2: So I thought that's what that was like.
Speaker 4: It was it was a racist attack by people on the base that didn't want to respect, that didn't respect him.
Speaker 3: Yep, Ken, this ain't the delivery world we'll be talking about, bro, That's what.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna get more into it, Mike. I know what your questions.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was happy at first, kid, because I'm like, he gonna mean you know what I mean. But yeah, that that attack at the base. One, I realized his friend was Rudy. He was that's an A one dude.
Speaker 1: Is Rudy?
Speaker 3: Oh po, Yeah, poly, he's an A one dude, even though he got his ass B two. I thought that that seems like I thought it was like some Russian spies or something like that, you know, around this era, this is everybody's trying to fight for uh for I guess the nuclear world and all that shit.
Speaker 1: But I didn't really know what else to think.
Speaker 3: I was just like, there's so many different things happening in these first couple episodes. I was just like, all right, let me just settle real quick and just see. You know, I'll figure it out later, but this is very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, yep. I wasn't as interested in the Leeroy story. I was like, all right, I don't really care about you. I was way more interested in the kid's story. But episode two introduces us to Hanlan's wife, Charlotte, who has played I believe that's the girl from Lola, right, is it Taylor Page?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love I love my folks and stuff. But I'm gonna go ahead and get this out the way. I thought she was terrible. Really, I thought she was abominable, this whole abominable. Oh my god, anytime she had to be scared, I thought she was. I hate to say it like that, but I just did not. I liked her in Zola, and I saw her in something else after that, which I cannot remember. But I liked her in that. I hated her in this. I don't think she's the type of actress for this type of role.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind her. But now that you bring it up, like, I didn't realize how much she really didn't bring to the story acting wise, Like the part itself was supposed to be very like like a bridge to a.
Speaker 1: Lot of different stories, but she was took apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but at the same time like her, it's not like she's like she blew me away or like, oh yeah, this put her on a different map or whatever.
Speaker 1: It was just kind of like she just did her thing, and you know it's kind of man, I couldn't. I couldn't do it with Charlotte. But she ends up she breaks up a fight downtown, which I don't think it really led to much. But we also meet their son, Will who's he's struggling to fit in, but he makes friends with this little Cuban kid named Rich. We also meet Dick hallerin who is he's helping the military investigate something in the woods. So did y'all know who Dick Hollarand was.
Speaker 3: I'm not deep into the Stephen kingshit, but like I did some research afterwards.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh that's again the Easter egg ties and all that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not off rip.
Speaker 4: But when they said the name, it wasn't like, oh, this is the guy from such as that.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, eventually I was like when I saw after the fact.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, then connect and all this This whole Stephen King world is interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The Shining is definitely one of my favorite Kubrick films. So when they said Dick haller And I was like, that's not this I sometimes forget that's a Stephen King's story, but after he started showing his powers, I was like, Oh, that's who that is. So I thought that was really fucking cool to connect that. What did y'all think of the nightmare that Ronnie has of her mother, the whole womb and umbilical cord thing that was fucked up? I was so glad I watched that in the daytime.
Speaker 2: I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to go to bed thinking about that. Shit that was like and she was in that nightmare for a minute, and I was wondering.
Speaker 3: I was like, when is her parents gonna bust in and like say something like she literally had.
Speaker 1: To bite the fucker off, Like it was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it added even more to the show because I felt like this was so creative and how they did this, and you know, I just I was just like, how the hell are you think of some ship like that? You're you're bone like, you're attached to this monster umbilical cord and this motherfucker is whinding you in with the umbilical cord and you see the teeth just chomping and you're trying to bro and when she bit that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, I said, Ronnie. Ronnie is like, nah, you not about it.
Speaker 3: You ain't getting easy. It was three nightmares and one Mike. It was she turned. She pulled the covers over to where she was like trapped and drowning and all that ship and then she was spit out like it was a birth. So, like you said, the kid the trap thing where it was a mouth to it, and then.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker got big. That's the That's the creepyest ship to me. It's like when he gets big about the tower over you and eat you.
Speaker 2: Like, man, here's the thing.
Speaker 4: I just saw some kids killed in the first episode. I didn't know, I ron who was gonna make it out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kills people, bro. It don't fuck around.
Speaker 1: It kills kids, damn it. Yeah. Yeah that that shit. That shit I thought was was really dope. And this cgi actually looked really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what's going on if certain things had to be like reshot or what, but yeah, I thought this scene was incredible. But we meet Chief Bowers. He's the white dude that that is like the head cop or whatever, and he's being pressured to find out who's killing the kids, So he blackmails Lily and uses her words to arrest Charlotte's father, Hank, for the murder, and after having another vision of her father as a pickle monster, Lily is sent to a nuthouse that she had been in before. So what did y'all think of the scene with her at the grocery store?
Speaker 2: I thought that was stuff, man, Mike.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I would have checked myself in real for real bro, if I saw that ship.
Speaker 4: Bro again, it is twisted, demented. I think the way they psychologically fuck with these kids, Like her dad died and the running joke is that he's in a picklebar jar whatever.
Speaker 1: The idiot pickle bar.
Speaker 4: What And that's what it did to her and she's she looks crazy like so I don't I don't blame her, but Yo, this ship was, this ship was fucked up.
Speaker 2: They didn't have to do literly like that.
Speaker 1: Man. I was getting weak when they had was it Maddie on the.
Speaker 2: But no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that my thing was, bro. I was like brouck Lily from Move Moving Forward because Ronnie I love when Ronnie Custer ass out at the love. She's like nigga that they about to take my daddy away because your goofy has to want to tell the truth.
Speaker 1: I tell the truth.
Speaker 3: I'm going back to the say the solum, Well guess what, look, honey, you'll ask back in the sailor Solum you lied or whatever. Like.
Speaker 1: To me, it was just like, bro, fuck hurt, I'm with you. But I also was like, I think they're doing a good job with how kids would think. Yes, you know, I think they like they didn't try to make the kids too mature like stranger things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think that they did a really good job of making these kids, you know, kids. But I was definitely like, oh, Lily, you're a piece of shit, right, You're a piece of shit. But we found out that the attack on Major Handling was just a test see how he deals with fear because the military needs his help finding something that's been buried within dairy, which is something that feeds on fear. And that's how the episode ends. So where y'all locked in on this second one? Yeah, I think the first two the same time, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, I was you just killed a bunch of kids in the first one. You put these other two kids in a in a terrible uh Nightmary situation, and I thought was definitely traumatizing for them. You showed us and told us that Lily was crazy and that what the way the chief got her to do what she did made sense because, like you said, it's a kid, so she don't know any better. But Ronnie's reaction was was valid as well because that was fucked.
Speaker 2: Up and she doesn't have to live with the repercussions of that.
Speaker 4: But for her it was like either I go back to the Loun and then you end up going back to the loon and being after all, like it didn't even work.
Speaker 2: So but nah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was all in because now I'm like, okay, and this is some shit the government will do. Try to find a fucking weapon, you know, some shit they don't understand. So I'm like, okay, well this is different. What are they going to try to do with this? And how does the government tie into every everything?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was, I was. I was all in.
Speaker 3: Same for you, Nick, Yeah, I'm I'm I'm locked in. We're gonna get to Ronnie daddy, I know. But I was like, there a kid, I was, I was off by fight the power ship early on in this series, until we got to know that Daddy a little bit better.
Speaker 2: His own night man.
Speaker 1: He was, he was, He was definitely a whole I was like, will y'all please kill this man because I can't stand his d So.
Speaker 3: Much shit happened because of him, Yes, so much, because especially towards the last couple of episodes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's seeing me off, but we will get to that. So episode three, it opens up with a little white boy who's who befriends this little indigenous girl. They hang out and they're attacked in the woods, and we later see them meeting up as adults and it's actually Shaw and this woman named Rose. Rose is the leader of one of the local indigenous tribes who's trying to stop the army from messing around on their land. Was any of this part interesting to y'all, because I'll say it wasn't really that interesting for me.
Speaker 3: I liked the actor who plays Sean because he always played like he he's an ally of black people.
Speaker 1: Until you realize he really was, Like he was like that in Black Light they kid.
Speaker 3: I know he watched that show, but now shoot is a lion ass motherfucker. He's one of the best lives I've seen on TV in a long time because everything you like, every scene and everything you see, he seemed like he tell him the genuine truth and until you see the facts. But but yeah, I did like that fact because I was when I was like, who is this kid? I was like, why do we need to see another kid die from it? Like we're already seen that in the first couple of episodes. But then like how they tied it together, I was like, oh, they.
Speaker 1: Is really interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they did a good job of tying it together, you know, making that that story in the beginning makes sense and bringing that back around him going in still being remembering.
Speaker 2: Who she was.
Speaker 4: I'm giving us some more information about darry and how when you leave you forget and then when you come back and remember everything, and you know, he really liked her.
Speaker 2: It seemed like h and you know.
Speaker 4: That monster chasing on her saving him. But yeah, he still was on some bullshit. You're right, Nick, He went up there kind of wooded a little bit. She was like, oh, ship you back, you know it's on, And he was like, yeah, you know, I remembered you because I gotta do some funk ship and I need I need to get it from you, so.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm working on fixing the pipes, right, just lying when the government ever fixed some pipes.
Speaker 2: And she knew he was lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did, she's she was, She's very smart. But yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't stand him from the second he shot up on the screen. I was like, oh, he's a piece of ship. But uh, Lily ends up getting released from the nuthouse and after getting Ronnie's forgiveness, they decided to team up with Will and Rich to get evidence of the thing that they're seeing. So, Nick, what did you think about the whole thing with the with the graveyard and them trying to get pictures?
Speaker 2: Man, they I don't know, Mike.
Speaker 3: They're doing a good job of this uh d I kids group, but I don't know if they represented the group well because Rich was just saying bullshit. Also also possible like really cultural, like important heritage. But he was making a seat like he was pulling out his and it was gonna get the kids killed for it. So I.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: I thought my uncle said it. Maybe not, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like you said. He was like, Na, my cousin told me it was like even no, I thought I thought.
Speaker 1: Will was dead.
Speaker 3: I thought Will was dead. I was like, damn, they got money the only boy too.
Speaker 4: I was like, man, yeah, they they they set me up to. I thought Will was was a goner.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, I can't. I would have respected it, but I was like, I can't believe they did this.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like the black Kid already like come on, man, like, you can't do my man like that.
Speaker 2: He was so so innocent, you know, and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Really smart cemetery.
Speaker 2: But all of.
Speaker 4: This was really dope because they were paddling their asses off and it was just fucking with them.
Speaker 2: That's what I love.
Speaker 4: It was just fun with because they could have killed him at any given moment, but it was just fucking with them.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: It was very adventurous, you know, gooney ish like just seeing them kind of going that. So for a while with the ghost and stuff, I was like, Okay, they're gonna kind of make it out this until it looked like they were not. But nah, this was this was This was definitely dope. But again I didn't I was concerned for him. After the first episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really liked this scene too, and I definitely thought I thought all of them were about to get it. But yeah, it definitely felt like Stranger Things mixed with like Ghostbusters or, like you said, Goonies. I like, I like how they did it, and it was just for a dark show. There was like a little bit of fun. Yeah, him racing through the cemetery and the little ghost like popping up. I just like how they did it. It felt kind of like Beetlejuice a little bit. It was cool. But yeah, this episode kind of ends with Major Handlin, the guy that y'all don't like, it's ordered to take Dick Hallarin up in a helicopter. Actually, no, this it didn't end this way. This is just like a separate story, but it takes them up in a helicopter so they can get a better reading of what was going on and we get to see a little bit more of Dick Hallarin's abilities. Was this cool to either one of y'all?
Speaker 4: It was all right, I just like this mofuger crazy, and I think, you know, I'm like, okay, we kind of need to move forward a little bit with what's going on here, because all he was doing was just sitting around just looking at shit like, you know, its just bug out and shit like that. Bro, Like, come on, but yeah he was. He was freaking out and all kind of shit like that. But I figured at some point it was going to pay off later on down the road. But and I was just trying to be a little bit more patient with it.
Speaker 7: If you would love to have more content from frames per Second, become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion and film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com Frame per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com. Forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: All right, Right, as we move into episode four, the kids take the photos to the cops, but the images don't show up, and later Leroy takes Will fishing and some crazy ship goes down while they're fishing. Nick, where did you think about what went down while they were fishing.
Speaker 3: I knew something fun that was gonna happen, just because when as soon as he said I gotta go to the to get some more, I guess what bait or whatever.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, yeah, I was like Will probably did, and.
Speaker 3: It would be fucked up, Mike, for a nigga to die drowning and ship yeah, because nobody is suspected me a mythical creature doing that.
Speaker 1: Ship kid, that's just they said, that's just the stereotype.
Speaker 2: Look like swimming.
Speaker 1: But I really liked.
Speaker 3: I really liked the relationship between the father's son because you could tell the father really wanted to create like a bond like he had with his dad, but this is.
Speaker 1: A new generation and like he can't really relate to his kid.
Speaker 3: Remember that awkward moment they had with the telescope when they first got there, Like it was it was it was nice to kind of see them like try to bond over like you know, him liking a girl and stuff like that. But I was more shocked when Will was like, nigga, like I saw you burning up and this this town is fucked up. I don't know, Like Ken, if your son says some shit like that to you. That's the thing that I was trying to really take away, Mike, because, like you said something earlier about like thinking like these are kids, and these kids rationalized like kids. But as a parent hearing your child say some crazy stuff like that and then seeing the bruises, like, how would you be able to react.
Speaker 1: To this.
Speaker 4: The physical evidence, like that's you've got to believe it. It doesn't make sense. None of it made sense. But it was enough for him to go talk to Hallary about it because I also could have happened, you know, especially in the water.
Speaker 2: The water's not hot, so I don't I don't know how it could have happened.
Speaker 4: And you know, Hallerin got powers already, so you know it's something going on in this place. You just don't know what because up to this point he's just the soldier.
Speaker 2: He just follows orders. That's all he does.
Speaker 4: Both of them actually, so they blindly follow orders as the military, you know, trains you to do, and that's what he's been doing. But now starting to have an impact on his family, his kid. He's detached because that's probably also part of the military maybe not part of the military code, but you know, military followers are kind of like that too, where they're very rigid, you know, and you don't get a lot of my dad was in the military, you don't get a lot of emotional support from them, so and they have to kind of learn that sort of bed And in my case, it didn't happen until my dad was I was an adult. My dad was older, so I could relate to that and just trying to find something to bud. He didn't even want to go fishing with the kid bro. You know, his wife had to make him go out there. So now I think this was a good moment.
Speaker 2: I think it was. It was it was enough to convince him that something else was going on beyond just the mission. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought the way they did this scene was really, really, really dope, especially because you know, after Dick hallerin, I was like, Okay, they're throwing in people that are in the other movies. So I started looking motherfucker's up the second their names came up. So the second Will's name came up, I was I looked him up and it's like, oh, he's y'all probably don't remember the little black kid in the IT movie, but that's his father and he dies in the IT movie. Spoiler alert if you haven't seen the It movie from years ago, but he dies in a fire in the movie. So the thing that was in the water that was like, You're gonna die in a fire. I thought that was crazy because it's like, oh, so this thing is actually like almost like telling him the future that this is the way you're gonna die. So I really like this scene. But in the next scene, the kids figure out that the entity that's attacking them feeds on fear, and then after seeing a video about parasites that can attack that can attack the eyes, Marge has a vision that her eyes are bulging out, which causes her to kind of like injure one of her eyes. So, oh shit, I should have done that anyway, she heard herself again. I'm Gladspike age. What y'all think of this scene? I'll start with you, ken Man.
Speaker 4: You could see the fracture relationship that Marge has with Lily.
Speaker 2: Lily is, you know, the.
Speaker 4: Crazy kid in the school because of what happened to her father, and mar has moved on with the popular kids now, so she's part of the end crowd and it's.
Speaker 2: Starting to bother her.
Speaker 4: So she's talking to Lily and as you know, she's seeing shit that ain't there, and you know, it's we've seen it in shows before where somebody's gonna walk in and she's doing this what appears to be a horrific act and uh, and I thought you were gonna send her back to the to the nutthouse.
Speaker 2: But it was it was good man.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, how like, I was surprised she didn't do more damage. But you know, what we were seeing we wasn't seeing is actually what she was doing. So it kind of put us put us in in the mind of what she was actually experiencing because when we started in the next episode, I was like, that's all she did. So but na, it was still really really dope and once again this thing is just fucking with these kids, and it was a good way to bring March into the fold as well.
Speaker 1: You agree with that, Nick, Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I really respect I gained a little bit more respectfully when she was dist and something from Mars because as an audience member, we see that Marge is like being a two face friend type shit, you know, with the what were they called the cupcakes the patty cakes? Yeah, something like yeah, but like the scene in the bathroom in her eyes like coming down like that was like crazy. And then but my thing was like why does she go to those lengths to like did she not realized cutting your eyes going hurt you? Like you know you you couldn't not feel those thisspite your face. It's like that type of ship where like, again, she's a kid, so I guess, Mike, you right, but still going to the woodshop classes to saw off your eyes was crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. So. I ended up watching this episode twice because this is where I kind of stopped and had to go back. But like I think if the first time I watched it, I didn't I didn't notice the part in the science class with the parasites, So when her eyes were bugging out like that, I thought they were just supposed to be her eyes, but that was actually supposed to be the parasite. That's how the parasite looks. So when she cut him off, it made sense because she was actually cutting the parasite off. I think she damaged the one eye because she had that tool or whatever that she was jabbing into it. Yeah, and that's what fucked her eye up. The sawing off thing. I don't think really did anything got you.
Speaker 3: But and on top of that, Mike, I don't know if you noticed this in your rewatch too, Like the glare on her glasses were always like yellowish, kind of like its eyes. And I was thinking that marsh was like a I thought she was like a pseudo demon this whole you know what I'm saying, I'm expecting her to, you know, change it, because I was wondering, like because even when Rich saw her walking slowly and shit, and like we found out that he's attracted to her. Like her glasses, the glare on her glasses were real yellowish like it was just creepy, like it stood out amongst anything.
Speaker 1: I did not notice that that is interesting.
Speaker 3: So when her eyes came I was like, oh, okay, that was I guess foreshadowing that moment because she and then she always talked about her glasses like making her eyes big or look big and shit like that.
Speaker 1: Well they definitely got big. Like a motherfucker, Will sees a clown outside of his house and when his dad goes outside, he ends up. The clown is gone, but he sees a red balloon that's floating up in the air, and this leads him to storm into his boss's office to find out what the fuck is going on. And this is where we find Hollerin using his powers to go into the mom the roses nephew Daniel, and this is here that we see the origins of the entity. So was this part cool to y'all seeing where the where the entity actually came from. Yeah, I fucked with it. I fucked with it.
Speaker 3: It reminded me ken like how Black Panther, the first Black Panther movie starts with the asteroid, but this.
Speaker 1: Is a funk though version of it. But like, I like how it was like this, this entity has been here for them.
Speaker 3: They're like dinosaurs the same, it seemed like until like the discovery of man and then like I love to see like the the creatures that imitated back then and how the indigenous people handle like that songs like Man from Sinners to this, like indigious people have been on track, like you need.
Speaker 1: To we need to listen to them.
Speaker 3: They even trying to tell us about ship for a minute, and niggas ain't paying attention. So I loved hearing that story and I loved even seeing the relationship Roles had with Daniel as far as like how we see those stories be passed down within their clan, their tribe, and how they make sure like even the kids, like Bro recite it back to me like word for word, bar for bar, Like I need to know that you understand this ship too, because it's that serious. So I love that that history lesson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, this this this was interesting because you know, I was wondering, Okay, so if we're doing like almost like an origin story of this entity it, how are you going to tell it to where it makes sense and is believable because we, from what I remember, didn't know anything about this thing, so this was all relatively new.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was dope how they told them And yeah, Nikki right, like.
Speaker 4: They're all there, they're they're always tapped in, you know, and of course nobody really believed them. But I think the brilliance of how they protecting themselves, realizing the power of the dagger, realizing it got got too powerful, and all this other stuff was all really really interesting. And just using this as you know, a jump off point for you know, getting us to the end of the episode with the dead Wood and the west Wood and all the other stuff, So I like, I liked what they did here, and I think it's still mysterious enough, like there's still stuff that I feel like we don't know, you know.
Speaker 2: All we know is it just came from the sky.
Speaker 1: I think they did show this in one of the movies because I feel like I already knew that it came from space. Okay, but I've actually I'm actually going to rewatch those movies, probably tomorrow, because this made me want to go back and you know, revisit. But but yeah, it basically shows the countrm otter space and it killed some some folks, and you know, every time it kills, it gets stronger. But they were able to actually imprison it. So in the next scene, Charlotte meets up with punk ass whole ass Hank right and discovers that punk ass whole ass Hank was fucking around with some married white woman, which is why he couldn't tell the cops where. I was like like, like this this made me. If I had a desk full of stuff, I was gonna kick everything off the desk. I was like, Mike, I'm thinking this.
Speaker 3: Is some crazy ship like because remember he was She was like don't you want to see your your daughter?
Speaker 1: Don't you want to see you? Don't think I want that. I'm like, I'm like, oh, it must be deeper than rap. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He said, Because at first I thought I was like maybe again maybe, I was like, is he talking about his own sexuality? He didn't want to, you know, come out this way and all that stuff. And then when it was, he said, I'm sucking a married white woman and I don't know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: To her, let alone me. I was. If I was hurt, I would have walked down and said, locked his ass, sit up tonight. Things.
Speaker 2: You gave up.
Speaker 3: You gave up your freedom, You're protecting your own daughter, livelihood and everything. You're the only black nigga in town with his own business, run the theater and shit, and people funck with you for.
Speaker 1: A white woman brown.
Speaker 3: I was he I paused this episode, but I had I turned it off. I had to go watch something else.
Speaker 1: I was upset. I was like, come on, man, this is really what we're doing right now. I mean, I do think I do think that they and I'll get your your opinion a second. D I do think that they did a good job with representing how this would have gone down back then, because he said, he's like, they would have killed me and her, which is true, but knowing that I'm not gonna I'm not gonna say where I was because they're gonna kill you in jail, bro, So why don't you go ahead and just be like, yeah, I was, I was fucking. I was fucking this white woman, Like what are we doing? This is the only aspect of this episode.
Speaker 2: That I was just like, I don't like this. I didn't like it. It made sense because I'm like, bro, why the hell you're not telling them where they are? And if there's.
Speaker 4: Anything to be scared of back then in that time, Nick is telling white people you're sleeping with a white woman. Facts, that's married. Facts to the point where in his mind he thought that he would rather go to jail because he thought he was saving his daughter. I still was trying to play it out in my head about what would happen if he did just tell them the truth, because it would have gotten him out of the jail. But you're right, they were gonna kill him anyway.
Speaker 2: They tried to kill him.
Speaker 4: Later on, he was a dead man either way, So he would have gotten out of jail, but he damn he ain't free now. But it would have been a rap. So that was definitely the thing he was scared of the most. He may have survived the fact that there was a white woman, but a white married woman, and they let him have a business.
Speaker 2: Out of all the negroes in this city. We let you do this. We gave you this privilege, and this is how you portray us. Was like, let's ask up.
Speaker 3: But he's an adult, so Mike, I don't have to do the kiddie filter with him as an adult black man in that time with like and you're singing like he only got him and his sassy ass mama, can't I.
Speaker 1: Fuck with them all?
Speaker 3: When she was she was cussing his ass out from the early on this see this series. I wish we saw more of her, but like, you should notice what you're risking if you even mess with her?
Speaker 1: Why even risk that? Yeah, they didn't give me enough for me to buy into this, because I mean, if they were in love, I didn't feel it, you know, So they didn't give me enough for this, So I I feel like they were putting it on a little thick with the just so y'all know we're in racist times. It's like, yeah, we got it. I didn't need y'all turning this guy into an absolute buffoon for this white chick. I just didn't need it. But Small Gripe, Small Gripe Episode five starts off with the kids and they go back to their meeting place and who's there, our boy Mattie. I don't know why he was silver, but I was like, I'm confused about this, Like why does he look like fucking cee three po or some shit. I don't get it, but he was silver. And he convinces him that one of the kids, Phil is still alive in the sewers and that they should all go try to rescue him. So they take some of Lily's mom's diazepan and they go into the tunnels, only discover that Maddie is actually it and all of their friends are dead. So who here was surprised by this?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: I said the cat.
Speaker 3: Because to me, first of all, Lily talking about something I know how we can be feared.
Speaker 1: Let's pop a perk, white girl exactly. That was hilarious.
Speaker 3: And my thing is this kid we know for a fact, at this point it kills kids literly know for a fact, if anybody.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: When Maddy was like, no, don't go to the cops, don't tell I don't want them to send me back to my daddy. I'd rather go to he said, I'd rather go back to it to my daddy. I would have asked questions like, wait, hold on, what say it again? You want to go to a demon clown? Then you're happy. This ain't Matt, This ain't this because ain't nobody gonna say no? One would ever say that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: No, I get Lily being stupid because she's been that way for damn near all the episodes. Will is smart, Ronnie is smart, Mars just got there, and Rich Richard, which is a little bright himself. I was so disappointed and definitely rich and especially Ronnie. This kid right here is your dad's get out of jail free card.
Speaker 2: Insist that you go to the police. There's no reason the other ones.
Speaker 4: I know, I get it, But Ronnie, you have been cussing everybody out since your dad got locked up, and.
Speaker 2: You went along with this plan. When this kid could get your dad out of jail. This is all you need. This is proof he could go at least tell the truth because you saw it and everybody saw it. He's alive. Well, no, this kid wasn't part of the wait, he wasn't in the theater thing right, No.
Speaker 1: Need to say where where the dead kids are. He can say that it wasn't exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah exactly. So either way, go take it. Take them to the police, because that that's that's what you needed. And she she was like, all right, well out and take a pill with you too.
Speaker 1: And Mike, we also now I'm thinking about we didn't never we didn't see Maddie take any of the pills. No, we did, we did?
Speaker 4: We did?
Speaker 2: We did? He did?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I actually went back and when I was making the notes, I actually went to check that specifically, and yeah, he took them. Okay, okay, yeah, No. This part irritated me too because I was just like, he doesn't want to go to the The thing about it is is like I there was no way for them to do this to where we wouldn't think that that was not Maddie. But I like what they did anyway. You know, I understood why the kids believed that it was Maddie, but at the same time, I was like, y'all, little fuckers are stupid. This motherfucker said, don't go to the cops. That's a first red flag unless he's black to the cop something's wrong with him. Oh yeah, I was like, that's that's definitely it. But yeah, I thought the way that they did this whole scene where they go down there and the body start floating up and Maddie's head opens up, I thought this shit was dope, man, really, really really dope. But so Handlin discovers that the plan. Will Leroy discovers that the plan that Shaw and the military have is they're gonna free the entity so they can control it, which sounds like some fucking US military shit yep. And they're sent on a mission to a house where the entity resides. While down there, they actually run across these little dumb ass, fucking kids. As they're running away from it and Maddie and whatever the fuck else they saw down there, Leroy thinks that his son that he sees is actually fake because they're told if you see anything down there that's weird, shoot it. So he goes to shoot but ends up killing his friend.
Speaker 2: Paully.
Speaker 3: Was this sad nick I shed a tell for Polly, like Paul was like, because Polly was the real.
Speaker 1: He was like, listen, it's okay, it's my time to go.
Speaker 3: He was like, just make it count, yeah, because it's like it's like my thing was thinking like he had the worst case scenario on the other end because he was gonna.
Speaker 6: Shoot his son, like he was legit gonna pop because he already popped his wife, which was he was correcting that one remember the right right right here yep, So he already popped his wife, so you know, he was gonna shoot his son.
Speaker 1: So like Polly taking the bullet was. Man, that was sad.
Speaker 3: But the funny thing when the when the other troopers were in the sewer, the two that died because of Uncle.
Speaker 1: Sam, observed that you all deserves that shoot this motherfucker because of Uncle Sam. That's a hilarrious They died for America.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they set it up.
Speaker 4: I think they did a good job of setting it up, using his wife to create doubt and you know him not believing it.
Speaker 2: So that was that was a really good job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was Unfortunately it took out his boy, but you know, somebody had to go because it's you know, it's been a minute, and uh, you know, I think it was it was it was him. I think it was sad when Hallara saw I think Halaren saw him at the end of the episode.
Speaker 2: You know, walking away. But but yeah, no, it was sad that he that he got taken out.
Speaker 1: So Lily finds a piece of the artifact, and the artifact is like a piece of the actual form what I understand at least, it's like the piece of the spaceship that the thing came in, So it's kind of like Superman or whatever. I don't know. Yeah, that's how I took it too. Yeah, So she finds a piece of the artifact that's under the water because Daniel's dumbass dropped it when he ran away, which which it's me to fuck off. You got one job, dog one, and you fucking failed. But she gets the artifact and then we see that Hank while being transferred to Shawshank escapes and runs straight to his his his his non Nubian fucking queen. And this into episode six. I'm gonna start with the parent so I'm gonna ask Ken this. You will deserve that slap.
Speaker 2: Oh you gotta.
Speaker 1: No, I want you might, I want you might. He should I must say he should have got back all the way. He gave a little bit. He gave a click club since a slap.
Speaker 2: He should have gave.
Speaker 5: He should have gave.
Speaker 1: He should have gave what the five figures say in the face. No, no, I can't, I can't. I can't let you have this one can that?
Speaker 3: Especially as a military kid, kid, you should know what he said was egregious.
Speaker 1: His own uncle. It was uncle Paul. He said that ship to his dad's face. I don't let my friends die. His lip open, bro that smoothie. The rest of the month.
Speaker 2: Page was awful.
Speaker 1: Leroy, god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: They can't like a nigga. The leroy won't slap his son like man. He slapped his ship up. That mother fucking He slapped himself fast. He couldn't either walk. That little motherfucker was crawling for like twelve feet. Got him as I'm crying. You should have watched your fucking mouth talking to me.
Speaker 1: Fucking wrong with you?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 1: Oh man, he deserved that slap. He deserved the hell out of that.
Speaker 3: But like hey, the funniest the funny thing though with Hank Punk ass in the backseat of the car with the white woman talk about some don't turn around, keep jobbing.
Speaker 1: It's me, baby, I'm like the god out of all the people you see first is her. That shit was crazy, but I guess it makes sense because he couldn't go home because the cops would definitely go there looking for him.
Speaker 2: But it was just the.
Speaker 1: Embrace for me. I was just like, dude, are you serious? Your daughter is in danger and you really out here on some fucking you know what I'm saying, I'm gone with the wind type shit. No, you little fucker.
Speaker 2: He needs it was it was it made we really see his decision making. It's bad.
Speaker 1: It's real bad.
Speaker 2: You you for multiple episodes refuse to say anything about this woman for fear of what would happen. And this is the first place you go, the first place he ran straight to his boo What are you serious? I need you girl all right, bro?
Speaker 4: Like, and what makes you think she wouldn't turn your ass in exactly? You know, because the whole town was turning against you already.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I did not like this part at all because.
Speaker 4: It just didn't make sense for me, Like, you're you put a lot of faith in this barren white woman bro.
Speaker 1: So Lily discovers that Ingrid who is the woman? Uh, which I kind of couldn't really figure out exactly what the relationship was between Lily and Ingrid. She was kind of like a counselor sort of or like a mentor.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she she worked at the asylum. Yeah, and I guess.
Speaker 3: Before she was the kind nurse to her while she was there, so they I guess that's how they create a friendship.
Speaker 1: That's weird, man, that's weird. But uh, but yeah, she goes over to her house and she discovers that Ingrid's dad was the original Penny Wise, you know, the person who Penny Wise I guess took its form from. But what did y'all think of the flashback scene of her dad at the asylum. I guess it wasn't her dad, but Penny Wise at the asylum killing that kid. At first, it was just like, all right, how old is Ingrid? Because like she should be looking a lot.
Speaker 3: Older, and she was like she like she was in her thirties then, and she she only aged like ten years Noo.
Speaker 1: Ingrid was the child, oh she was. She was the nurse lady that had the good little girl's hand because the child died.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're right, I'm a fool. Wait, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Wait because it will be nineteen thirty. I was supposed to be thirty years later.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was like, so that made me go back to Hank Mike, like, you messing around with an old granny, white woman.
Speaker 1: You sacrificed. I fuck with what she's supposed to be eighty song bruh.
Speaker 3: She's she She looked like in the timeframe of like present day Derry where we're in the show, she like she only about fifty, but like if you look back in the flashbacks, she like she's like at best, no young.
Speaker 1: She's no younger than thirty.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 3: So I didn't understand the time, like how much time has passed or how much how old she's supposed to be. Either way, I thought it was interesting how they connected that because then even then, like to even go back furthers, she must have been if she was at the early stages of Pennywise, which was like with nineteen oh eight, I was like, how.
Speaker 1: Old is this little kid? Cause she like she was like ten years old. Then it was so the flashback I think they said was like nineteen thirty five, right from the the when she had the little girl's hand and she took the bounce there. Yeah, so I think this was nineteen thirty five. So I'm trying to look up what year does Welcome to Dairy take place?
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm talking about. The other flashback when she was at the carnival with her daddy right where we get to see, Yeah, she was like what nine ten around that age too, So it's just like the.
Speaker 1: Way they're doing the time jumps with her age is crazy. So Darry's supposed to be nineteen sixty two, so that means it was a thirty year almost a thirty year gap between that black and white scene and then the other party say, yeah, I'm with you, Nick, that doesn't really make a lot of sense. Well, okay, let's guess and say maybe she was twenty in the flashback scene. That'll make her twenty five, even so I'd make her fifty five. I guess I can buy that.
Speaker 2: I can buy that. I can buy it.
Speaker 3: And that's a side point. But I did like the full circle with her story. I did find it interesting that one it was the first thing she said to her real daddy was like, the kids are attracted to you. The daddy was like, damn, nigga, that's a dark thing to say for a kid, but I guess. But then, so then when he took the form as you see, it was, it was for his own purpose, its own purposes. And then for her to have that much of an attachment to her dad that she would let she would basically serve up kids and people to this thing just to see her daddy again was crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, really really really dark what they did with with her and connecting it as well. But no, it was dope, like because I think the last episode was our first time seeing it, so now like we're we're with them for the rest of the episode, so I think, you know, they continue to make him creepy and scary as ship. So yeah, and then just having a red balloon and the black white scene.
Speaker 2: I like that. Yeah, So no, this this this is good.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the whole Inger connection and everything you got I just talked about it was a bit confusing.
Speaker 3: I will say this though, Mike, I see why Hank probably messed around with anger. But you know, I'm crazy ones.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, you know, you know, playing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely he got it from her. He's like your float to bitch.
Speaker 2: You know that white makeup. I'm with it, I'm with it.
Speaker 1: You know. Inger was definitely a free all right, So this is another part that's funk off. Uh So, Charlotte, we're stupid ass. She takes Hank to the Black Spot. The black Spot is the local fun negro joint, right, because they kept getting kicked out of the White bar, newly established, uly established. They just got this ship, just hit it on Charlotte and the whole ass.
Speaker 2: Hank.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sure we all knew how this was going to turn out, right, Yeah, yeah, but I was also hoping. I was hoping that wasn't gonna be the case.
Speaker 3: But and I felt I felt bad for the psychic black dude because he was like already going through some fucked up shit because obviously the boxes open on his mind and he's hearing, and he just he just wanted to drink his drink and take a nap, and he got this dirty motherfuckers. You know, Hank ain't showered in about three two weeks at least, so he got this dirty ass nigga in his uh, in his the back room and he know he a fusative and he's like, bro, you bringing trouble to this mother?
Speaker 1: Who he was like, who dropped this motherfucker off? Charlotte. He was like, man, I can't even deal with this. He just left.
Speaker 2: Yeah this, Yeah, Charlotte, Bro, she's just she's she.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she sucked everything up and yeah, yeah, we knew exactly how it was going to go. And I don't know what made her think this, because hey, Helera had the right idea, get this motherfucker away from here.
Speaker 2: Yes, what are y'all doing?
Speaker 4: Like everybody's trying to get him, they're trying to kill him, and you want to bring him to the black Spot?
Speaker 2: My question is who named it the black spot?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, the black Spot. Of course they're gonna go there first, and they're looking for a fucking sellon, of course, But what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Guys and Charlotte?
Speaker 1: Yet, don't don't leave him at the crazy white woman's house, which they probably wouldn't look for him there. I mean, granted he couldn't stay there because she has a husband, but you take him to the black Spot. I was like, this mother, Oh my god, this made me so fucking mad. But nah, this scene was incredibly well done. Incredibly well done. The way that the white dudes show up and they start shooting the place up. You know, it was sad to watch. But the way they did my boy Rich.
Speaker 2: That broke me.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, yo, they did my boy Rich like that. He died saving this girl with one eye. She barely knew him talking about I love you. You met me three days ago. You're not seeing things straight. I don't believe you, Okay, but it was still so sad.
Speaker 3: My thing was Marge was a piece of shit for majority of this series and she gets saved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all could have both fit in that box, especially Rich. Yeah, like a little person who did people are squeeze it. They could have folded him up that.
Speaker 4: Box.
Speaker 2: March.
Speaker 1: We can't both fit.
Speaker 3: Watch take your glasses off, thick as they take it up, right, I'm not you only got one eye.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we're not figuring out like we can't off leg and everything.
Speaker 1: But this this is my gripe, kid.
Speaker 3: We saw too much black death and this series, to me, bro it was just and this and I'm going off of like we like Watchmen, the Watchmen series that we liked as well, it's about the Tulsa rides. It was like, come on, like and then none of those white except for one white person, but most of those white people, and I did like how they had. You know, white people, they brave as hell with masks on, but they cowards when they take those masks off. Most of them are not even gonna get any kind of justice, any kind of red, because no one's gonna they were even there.
Speaker 1: But he killed all those innocent black people. Brop and Hank lived, fucking lived. That's the part that pissed me off.
Speaker 4: Hank made it out, and Charlotte was still doing the same old dumb shit like and nobody ever looked at her and was like, this is all your fucking fault.
Speaker 2: Did anybody say that at all?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, what man?
Speaker 4: Not even her husband like, hey, you know, I don't endorse violence at all, but you just s mack Will.
Speaker 2: And she almost got Will killed with this dumb shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, what she did was worse than Will.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, because everybody died and they were having such a good time. Norma Peers was in there, you know, remind me of sinners, Norma. Norma Peers get out of here. Crazy thing is it's running around killing and eating kids. These mother I go right here, what's the most frightened shit in the goddamn show. No repercussions, They covered it up. And the military you lost what seventeen airmen and you're just gonna go along with a fire, an electrical fire. But what could they do not ship to anybody in this town. And it was just frightening to see them get away with that murder and the fact that it's not that far away from reality of what used to happen back in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's that's the that's the aspect that I did think was was pretty cool because I could one see this happening. I could one hun percent see this actually happening. And especially after watching my boy Rich get down the drums and then they killed his ass. That's what I'm saying. He had a good ass night, bro. He was gonna get some blissy and for being at some point he was gonna get some because Marge was all into my boy Rich exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh you can play the drum.
Speaker 1: She did, she did a little she did a little circle dance. I was like, Oh, Rich, that's gonna be his girl. But I was not expecting them because it had been a few episodes since they killed a kid. I thought Rich was gonna make it out. But man, oh, that part was. It was really good, but it was really hard to watch. It's a hard rewatch to you. It was.
Speaker 2: But I do have two questions.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but you cannot survive in a fridge and a fire man and to high in the hell was rich body up charge?
Speaker 1: He didn't get burnt up, He just died from smoking inhalation.
Speaker 2: But the whole place was still burning.
Speaker 3: I thought the roof was gonna come down on him, That's what I thought. It was gonna cut off his monologue and he was just gonna get crushed.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's fine. But I'm like, nah My should have been gone to she should have. It would have turned that thing.
Speaker 2: Into like a hot pots or something. But you know it's it's it's cool now. That's that.
Speaker 1: That's that bullshit movie stuff.
Speaker 2: Remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all remember this Indiana Jones in.
Speaker 3: The Crystal Store when he survived in atomic blastphot.
Speaker 1: In a landtub or something. It was like a refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Kids don't at home. Ship would not work.
Speaker 1: It's a classic movie ship they always do, like if they throw a grenade, they jump in the bathtub. It's like, yeah, this is but I didn't even think about that hard til you just said it can. When I was watching it, I was just like, oh, man, shes gonna live in a little in the little mini fridge and my boy Rich gonna die. This is sad, That's all I thought. I didn't think about the logistics. But but yeah, so you say, yeah, we're in episode seven now and the military finds a piece of the pillar and decides to destroy it. But after that we're taken back to the story with handling hallerin Will and Ronnie. They're the only ones that made it out that fucking fire. Marge obviously is saved by Rich, but outside Ingrid shows up dressed in her clown outfit, and after Pennywise kills her husband, she realizes that that's not her father. Finally, so as she starts to you know, back up or whatever, Pennywise does the dead Lights. I don't know if y'all remember this from the movies, but Dead Lights, which kind of puts her into a trance. But then Pennywise reveals that he's got the itis and he's gonna go take it out. He said, Like was like, listen, I just take that.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get up again.
Speaker 2: I I'm about to go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I was like, why do you sound like an old fucking seventy five year old black man from the South that's woke her up? Mike, shit, Like my daddy said like that. But yeah, he's awakened and he kidnaps will did y'all expect that? No, because I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I was interested in how the series is going to end based off of when he said he was going to take a nap, and we know that he takes like a twenty five twenty seven year hibernation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like I knew that.
Speaker 3: I didn't think that that was going to impact his gnap. I don't realize he only did that because of the cage, you know what I'm saying, Like, I thought that was just naturally how he eats like he eats a lot, goes to sleep, and it eats out again. But once that motherfucker was busted, the nigga will cook quick. He was like, he was right back there. He got nestles a little bit.
Speaker 1: In that blood. Then he will go He's like, hold on this shit, I see I hear the door open.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know the rules for this part either. I thought also that he just eats and then sleeps for twenty seven years. I didn't know that it has anything to do with the cage. I'm still a little bit confused.
Speaker 2: By this part.
Speaker 1: But I got why he woke up because he was like he felt threatened, you know. So I got why he woke up, and I'm still a bit fuzzy on the rules there. But yeah. So episode eight, last episode starts with Pennywise using a big cloak of fog to invade dairy, where he kills the principal and then takes the kids and they go after them intent on saving Will, but Pennywise manages to separate Marge Ken. Do you do you remember what his reasoning was for why he separated Marge.
Speaker 4: He was telling her something about it was the last name and that she was going to have a kid in the future. Yeah, and it was it was rich And I was like, yes, rich, it's a rich dad. So yeah, now this part I did remember this. This was the Little Stranger Things Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So in the other movie. So what what it was saying is that in the future, she's gonna have a kid that she's gonna name rich which we could now see she named after Rich life. That's crazy, and he's trying to to stop her from having the kid. So was this was this cool to you, Nick? Or was this too much time traveling?
Speaker 3: I didn't, well, it was it was interesting. I thought they were just trying to connect it to the movie. But I did find it interesting when he said, like, past, present, future, it's all the same to me, So like he's like, I know, but I didn't realize what he said was kind of confusing. Also after that, he was like, my death could be also my birth, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, all right, nigga, what the fun that's supposed to me? But what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna say due to knowledge mathematics. I thought he's gonna spit in Jay electronical bar left right, But nah, but I did.
Speaker 1: I was just but my thing my mind went to, like did I even know this about?
Speaker 3: Does Marge's name should have meant more to me in the TV show because that is riches what they revealed to me, you know what I'm saying, So like that was kind of thing like, oh, they must have I must be that removed from the movie to not even understand that that was her name. But I didn't mind it. I didn't mind it. I thought was pretty cool. But I was also trying to see, like, how does this play out?
Speaker 2: What about you? Ken? Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 4: I think what it did for me was I was like, oh, now I gotta go watch the rest and see what was what? What he what he's saying there? What does that have to do with the rest of the series, well, with the movies and stuff like that. So it definitely created that curiosity by connecting it like that.
Speaker 1: Also, the the Paul Bunyan thing, I remember that from the movie that it attacked. It attacked Rich. Remember it took the form of the statue.
Speaker 3: Remember they put the statue like I remember in the chapter two It was chapter two where it attacked. It came to life in an attack Rich. I was like, oh, okay, I see how they connected that too.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say right now, I'm a little disappointed in both of you because y'all did not bring up to me the funniest ship of this whole fucking series. And that's when penny Wise crup hold up that paper and pop March in the face. When I tell you I wound that ship back like four times, the sound of it hitting her face, I don't think she expected that. I don't think the actor she said.
Speaker 5: Oh Mike, you wrong, you foul for that, because you know she only got one eye. She ain't know I was getting thrown out of way.
Speaker 3: She just help.
Speaker 2: The thought.
Speaker 1: I heard the sound of.
Speaker 2: Just hit me. Is there two penny ones?
Speaker 1: She had the plural bro I was. I don't know why that ship was so fucking funny to be, but oh my god, I was dying. So the adults get the plan to rescue the artifact. I'm sorry to return the artifact to its original place because Rose gives some another weird ass Eric abadu ass shit about the Dagger wants to be back home, so it tries to manipulate you to bring it home.
Speaker 2: I was like, whatever, dude.
Speaker 1: But they're trying to restore the cage that penny Wise is trapped in. But the military fucking shoots Handling and kills Daniel, and while trying to reason what penny Wise penny Wise eats Colonel Shaw. So I'm gonna ask you two questions. One was this a satisfying death of Pennywise killing Shaw? And two? Can you tell me the stupidest shit that happened during this? One of y'all can go go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was satisfying, but the person I really wanted to die was the sheriff for what he did. But but nah, you know, it was satisfying seeing shall get his because white people military government always need thinking control ship.
Speaker 2: So he just knew. It was like, hey, man, you're free. You can go do whatever you want to do and try to walk off. He was like, nah, I smelled that before. What you smell like?
Speaker 4: He said, I'll never forget a cent? And he ate the funk out of that motherfucker. And then the other racist guy. You know, it was like, hey, y'all go see what that is. I ain't going bro, but yeah, but but yeah, so no, all of all of that was.
Speaker 2: Was really really dope. But I can't think of the stupidest ship. You're speaking like, Nick, I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: I was trying to. I was letting I think, are y'all serious? Bro?
Speaker 4: Okay, ol boy got shot in the leg and then shoot the thing.
Speaker 1: They all jumped out the fucking car. Yeah, they heard bullets flying. They all jumped, all.
Speaker 2: Of them was out the car and it was a hit in that damn vand there was a lot of kids.
Speaker 4: And when the when the motherfuckers fell out of the sky and hit the ground like that ship gotta hurt.
Speaker 1: The couple died off of that.
Speaker 3: And kend it was a mystery machine. You could fit all types of ship in that van. But but no, I was Mike, I'm with you, Like when they busted out of it, he was like Dad, I'm like, nire good. What are you gonna do on in a foggy ice area first? So I don't even know if the ground they may be stirt. They going over river thinking it's hard ground, Like, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's ice over because yes, and you.
Speaker 1: See, I'm pretty sure I need to go back and rewatch. But I'm pretty sure that whole ass Hank left. Ronnie he jumped out the van, was like, Ronnie, no, But then when they started shooting, he run. I'm pretty sure it was it was Rose that was still at the van and somebody else. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't Ronnie. Ronnie was with Will, So I was like, Hank is a fucking whole asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't satisfying death for sy'aw. And yeah that was stupard as hell for them to get out the van like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think the thing that frustrated frustrated me was when when Leero ran out of bullets and I'm sure they hurt the clicking and everybody else got guns and nobody else shooting. I'm like, Hank, damn shoot, didn't shoot? Uh, Taylor Page, damn shoo didn't shoot? And she she no, and she yelling will Will Will, And I'm like, bro, what are y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Let loose? The only person that really tried to do something was uh the psychic indigenous.
Speaker 1: That was the only one, yea.
Speaker 3: And she she gave the psychic dude or the shot of like some moonshine or something something like that.
Speaker 1: So uh see see weed hennessy drink whatever. He was like, she was like, listen, this ship.
Speaker 2: Fire like gonna make all of them go away.
Speaker 1: Let me try it.
Speaker 2: Man. He was doing a good job too, man, he was on his professor ship bro.
Speaker 3: But she fucked up because how you gonna give him the drink first and then tell him all right, make sure you don't.
Speaker 1: Do she just like think tell her before he SIPs? Where are you saying any directions? So what did y'all think of them trying to get the artifact in and then the ghost of my boy Rich showed up to help and help them push it in. What did y'all think about this scene?
Speaker 3: I love that scene, especially when Rich was throwing the middle figure up de pendy wise.
Speaker 1: I also thought before that it was funny when Willis got the dagger and then all of a sudden he was like, no, I think we gotta take this hole. He was gonna try to go part it somewhere. He was gonna make a chain out of it. He was gonna make a rope out of that moment. It was gonna be the first Jesus Peace I big Tarror squad. But it was a sweet That was a sweet ended, that was really sweet.
Speaker 3: I didn't even think that was gonna make it until you know, then I realized, Yeah, he got to get locked up somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 4: But I think they did a good job of like dragging it out and building that intensity that you know, that moment, that tension, because I'm like, damn, they were going for a second season, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there was no way he could escape.
Speaker 4: Because we know that he just based on the movies that he's locked up. But they did a fabulous job just you know, building, building that out. But this, by far was the funniest thing to me, Mike when when he flipped it off running that Yeah, me.
Speaker 2: And Miles was in here cracking up.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was that made it so funny, but it's such a kid thing to do that. You're just first of all, you're dad. You just a blievians to everything. But it's like, man, fuck you.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it man, when he was running and he came through the.
Speaker 1: He had he had two of them this episode. Kid, because he did his trademark dance at the school. He was bugging, but he was gliding through that. He just he was fun. He did almost hit the d I said this prime Oh man, Yeah, I like y'all. I liked I like this scene too. It definitely felt like I don't know if y'all watched it, but that one Ghostbusters where they had Egon's ghosts come back and help them at the end. Uh, I forget it was the one that had the Stranger Things get in it. I can't remember it was named, but that's what this reminded me of. So I thought they did a really good job with the with the rich thing, I thought it was cool. But but yes, now we're at the end. After Richard's funeral, Marge discusses with Lily that penny Wise might be doing time travel to prevent its own death. And then we see that Hank and Ronnie are leaving Derry and Hollerin is going to work at a hotel while Charlotte and Handling stay in Deer So was this was this a good ending for y'all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You know, I thought it worked.
Speaker 4: I am curious about what Charlotte and Hanlan would do there because and and why Will was so why he wanted to stay just to remember because she left.
Speaker 1: Bro It's like, you know, she gone, both of them leave, then they both forget. But he felt like if he stayed, he'd be able to keep her remembering by sending her letters. It was sweet. It's some stupid kid ship.
Speaker 2: It was sweet, but she gone, bro, like, what's gonna happen when you get old? And then that'st thing.
Speaker 4: You know, you're gonna end up like Hank ads Well because I ain't see a lot of black people in that city.
Speaker 2: The only ones that they're a military, So you gonna end up well. I don't know Taylor, his.
Speaker 4: Mom won't let him get with a white woman because she was happy when she found out that.
Speaker 2: But but I think it worked. I'm just kind of curious.
Speaker 4: About what they're going to do while there there and why she didn't want to leave because it's sleep for twenty seven years, Like what's your job?
Speaker 3: Like you know?
Speaker 2: And then what's the other part? Yeah, I think that was it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the ending.
Speaker 3: I really liked the ending between Lily and Marge where they had that conversation. She was just like, she was like, are they gonna can it go back in time and kill you know, our parents? And then not realizing like and I don't know, Mike, you can correct me. It wasn't about that. It was more about how he almost took you out to kill your son, you know what I'm saying. Like it was I was just more focused on that part but I know there's supposed to be a season two that goes back even further. Yeah, yeah than this one, so maybe we'll find out some shit about that too. But that was a scene that really took uh, that really stuck with me, and I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see more of the indigenous people a little bit more, hopefully in the future as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that that conversation was actually pretty cool to the one between Marge and Lily. Uh, the fact that Marge even figured out that that's what he was doing, I thought that was cool. Again, I don't usually like time travel. It fucking annoys me, but I think the way they're doing it with this where it's uh, it's not I mean, it's not really time travel because he's saying that the past and the future and the president it's all one thing, so all of these things are happening simultaneously. So I actually really enjoyed that, and I don't think it's a cheap way out the way Marvel does with all this fucking multiverse travel shit. So yeah, I liked it. I definitely liked the way it ended the hotel thing. So I guess y'all didn't didn't really put too much thought into that.
Speaker 3: I saw that he was emphasizing the hotel a lot, because I figured obviously connected to the Shawshank Redemption, which I don't realize was a part of this universe because they mentioned it a lot. But when he kept on saying the hotel, the hotels, like what hotel, was like, Oh, okay, you're talking about that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I like, oh, go ahead, Ken.
Speaker 2: What it makes me wonder is like, are they going to do some stories about that?
Speaker 1: That's exactly where my brain went to. I was like, Okay, are they going to do a show about the Overlook Hotel? I would be fucking hyped, especially if they get the same actor. And then they kind of explained because he's old by the time we watched the Shining, he's like old old, so that means he's been at that hotel that whole time. So I would love if they did a show kind of going through like what was he doing there for this long?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought that was a especially the line when he said how much trouble can I get into it at a hotel?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hotealthy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought that was that was smart. But yeah, so the move. The show basically ends, but then it has like some side like final after credit kind of thing. But I don't really remember who these people were. I know it's Ingrid and they're showing her like twenty something years later. Oh yeah, with the movie, but I don't remember the details. Yeah, I thought that was the little girl from the chapter one.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 1: It is a little girl that's part of the little Club. I just don't remember the person hanging themselves And I don't remember did she say something about her mom, like passing or hanging herself and then and then I knew she didn't have a good relationship with her dad because her dad was just like get the fuck off me and shit like that. See, I don't remember. I'm definitely after this, I'm definitely gonna go back and rewatch because I didn't like them when they came. I thought they were terrible. But now I'm gonna see if I was wrong. I'm gonna go back and rewatch them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that first one was really good. After one, I think chapter two maybe it is what People had a lot of mixed reviews on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, so that's it. So there's gonna be apparently there's gonna be two more seasons. Are y'all? Are y'all here for two more seasons of this?
Speaker 2: I am well, I gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to season season so I'm here for season two. I'm not sure how things will go based off the Netflix Warner Brothers thing. I don't know, because I think that may be in purgatory or well. They said that they were going to keep everything that was already in production moving forward, but they always say that shit. But this was a hit cans, like I said, like Mike you asked earlier. I think this is especially in Black households. I saw a lot of black people talking about Yea, I saw a lot of black people talk about it. So I was pleasantly surprised by that because it's technically dude, does this count as a black series?
Speaker 1: Neck? Until you said it, until you brought it up, I didn't even think about it. But black folks loved the Old show the Old Like my mom loved that ship, So maybe that's part of it. But yeah, I guess this would be kind of considered a black show. Black folks love some Taylor Page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she looked good.
Speaker 1: She looked good, looked good. She just didn't act good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, I am.
Speaker 4: I think, you know, as long as they retain the people that's that's working on it, I have confidence that they'll they'll do well. And I love the fact that they were like, we're just doing three seasons, and I hope they just do three seasons and let that be.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: But I didn't want to say it. I was searching for another one. But nah, man, they did a really good job. So I'm curious to now go finish listen to the podcast. I want to see, you know, get some insight into what I may have missed or other things that you know that they were talking about. But I would love to see more about the indigenous people on which you nick.
Speaker 2: You know, I think they got.
Speaker 3: Them all dealing this one because I feel like they they've been playing a lot of like horror or this kind of I've been playing around with like stuff with in digital, like even with Sinners, Like people said we could do a whole prequel of Centers with just the was it the Choptown tribe? So it's like I want to see more of that world because I feel like that's just untapped stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but yeah, I think, you know, the way they designed the creatures, the ideas that they had, all of it was good.
Speaker 2: Him drooling at the mouth, everything was really good. Bill Scarr's card. He kind of did his thing, That's all.
Speaker 1: I went to mention too, Mike, he body, I don't even think he could play any other role.
Speaker 2: Honestly.
Speaker 3: I know he've been trying to do all this ship Mike, but it ain't he tried to do. He tried to do the remake of The Crow.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, just you should just stick down. Oh Phil clown that fucking movie. I don't know why they try to do that. If you think about you not loving me anymore, love me hot, fuck that movie. Get these more anyway, That's another story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I was slowly bringing up to say, like he bodies this character like he did even when he just played the regular dad like he was.
Speaker 2: Just like he was good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I'm I'm with y'all. I'm with y'all. I'm definitely here for another season. I thought they did a great job. It's definitely one of the better things that I've seen this year. So so yeah, I guess we will wrap it up there. Let us know. Obviously, what y'all thought in the comments on unfortunately Spotify, or you can just go straight to Reddit leave some comments there, but let us know what y'all thought. Share it with a friend or two, and we will see y'all next time we're out.
Speaker 2: Peace pieces