Speaker 1: Hi Oh, let's go. Hi Oh, let's go. Oh, Let's go. Oh, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to SHAWL Snooze Talk one oh seven point nine FM WBT.
Speaker 3: Brett Jensen here with you on this dreary Friday night edition of Breaking with Brett Jenson. We're going up till seven o'clock is always seven oh four five seven oh one oh seven nine. That is the telephone number. That is also the WBT text line driven by Liberty Viewing GMC, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. You should be following me on exit Brett Underscore Jensen for all the letters to Breaking News in and around the Charlotte area. And if you follow me on X and you would have seen what's coming on the show tonight. And we've got a big, one big show. We've got Michael Walley. I did an interview with Michael Wattley last week Friday at his political event, so we're gonna be airing that tonight. Has not yet been aired. It was a private one on one interview. Congressman Tim Moore will be joining us later on tonight as well to talk about all the big things that they voted on up in Washington. D c voter I d not allowing congress people or sending people for inside or trading. And then we're gonna have ap Dylan of the North State Journal join us to give us some more insight on what happened yesterday when a reporter got kicked out or a couple of reporters got kicked out of a Roy Cooper gathering. But we're gonna start off tonight with Michael Wattley. And again this interview is from last week Friday when he held an event up in Harrisburg, and after he's finished with all the media, I was able to grab him one on one.
Speaker 2: So here's my interview with Michael Wattley.
Speaker 3: Big press conference, about one hundred and ten people or so showed up.
Speaker 2: So what did you do? You feel like you got your point across?
Speaker 4: Well, we need to keeping our kids in our community safe is the number one priority for any government. I mean, if you think about it, what is the highest priority of a government keeping its citizen safe? And Roy Cooper absolutely failed on that point, and we need to talk about his failures. We need to talk about his record. We need to talk about the fact that he set up a revolving door that put criminals back on the streets again and again and again.
Speaker 2: We need to talk.
Speaker 4: About the fact that he vetoed legislation to tell sheriffs they need to honorize detainers and get criminal, illegal aliens out of our state. And of course that he released forty two hundred prisoners, pedophiles, rapists, murderers, the worst of the worst, that he took out of our prisons in North Carolina and put them right back on the street and caused a crime wave across this state.
Speaker 3: A new pole just came out and it's also put forth by it.
Speaker 2: They make no bones about it.
Speaker 3: They're a Democrat poll and they had you down four points, as opposed to all the other poles that had you down anywhere from eight to twelve. So the fact that a Democrat poll had you down four points and you just started your advertising campaign, what does that say to you?
Speaker 4: Well, I think we have momentum in this race because we're talking about the issues the voters care about. The voters in North Carolina are going to choose the issues they're going to vote on. It's not up to politicians and tell them what they think is important. You need to listen to the voters understand their issues and put solutions on the table. Right now, we are the only campaign that is talking about allowing people to make more money and keep more money. That we're going to lower inflation, we're going to lower interest rates and the cost of groceries and gasoline prices and housing prices. That we're going to lower taxes. Roy Cooper wants all of those to go through the roof. Right we're talking about keeping our kids in our community safe, making sure criminals are behind bars, making sure that we support our law enforcement community. Roy Cooper has put these criminals back on the street. Roy Cooper has allowed that revolving door and put our communities and our kids at risk. So when we see the voters engaging and paying attention to these issues, we feel very good about where this election is going to go because at the end of the day, the people of North Carolina are simply not going to vote for the worst governor in the history of North Carolina.
Speaker 3: And I know I'm getting ready to throw you a softball here, but the other day I was watching during golf, a Roy Cooper commercial popped up and he said, I like keeping criminals or I keep criminals in jails behind bars. I'm tough on crime and I believe criminals should stay behind bars. And the first thought that went through my head was, well, Michael Waltley's going to have a field day with this one.
Speaker 4: He is absolutely and look that Roy Cooper is trying to claim that he is tough on crime is absolutely laughable. His decision to let forty two hundred criminals harden criminals out of North Carolina prisons was simply put the worst decision by any governor in the history of North Carolina. He placed our kids at risk, our communities at risk, our law enforcement officers at risk. There is a reason that the Police Benevolent a Association, the Troopers Association, and sheriffs all across this state have endorsed me in this race because I am going to back the Blue and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that criminals belong behind bars, criminals are behind bars, and that we have safe kids in streets.
Speaker 2: Two part question, I'll let you get out on this Iran.
Speaker 3: You know, a part of being a senator is you have to deal with foreign stuff as well, and so your quick thoughts on what's going on in Iran and also, just recently, about half of the Democrats in DC voted to stop.
Speaker 2: Giving aid to Israel. So what are your thoughts about both of those.
Speaker 4: Look, we cannot allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon, full stop. And anybody who is going to criticize our military intervention over there does not understand that fundamental truth. Roy Cooper saying that our troops being engaged in the Middle East is absurd shows you that he's not a serious candidate. The fact is that if Iran gets nuclear weapons, we know that they will use them. We cannot allow them to have missile capacity to deliver payloads in Europe or the United States. And they need to stop exporting terrorism around the Middle East and around the world. That's what President Trump has gone into Iran to be able to stop right. And the fact is he has offered Iran an olive branch multiple times. He has tried to get them to come to the table rationally and be able to negotiate a long term piece that will allow Iran to enter back into the Community of Nations. They so far have steadfastly refused that. I hope that they see the light. I hope that they will accept the olive branch. But if not, the President is going to act decisively to make sure that Iran cannot have that nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: And the Israel situation, you.
Speaker 4: Know, look, I think that Israel as a ally of the United States fundamentally important. Obviously, we want to make sure that we have the Abraham Courts are going to be strong over there, that we get nations put together with Israel as well as each other. The fact is that we need to build a fence around Iran the same way that we have the NATO fence that was built around Russia.
Speaker 2: And I always do this with you. Is there anything you want to say to the listeners.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I'm very excited. We finished our hundred county tour. We have been to every single one of our one hundred counties all across North Carolina. And the overwhelming view that I got when I talk to people across the state is they want a fighter. They want somebody who's going to fight for North Carolina, who's going to fight for their communities, who's going to fight for their families. And they very appreciative of my position where I'm going to fight economically for them to make more and keep more that we're going to keep our kids in communities that are safe. And I'm also going to fight every day to make sure that our men and women in uniform. We have ten percent of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard under our flag are based here in North Carolina. We've got to make sure that they have what they need to carry out their mission around the world.
Speaker 2: Mirk Walling, thanks for you talking today. It's good to see us, sir.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Breaking with Brett Jensen about six eighteen, six nineteen here on this Friday night, coming to you live and in living color. All Right, So last night I talked a lot about the situation where a reporter from the Blue Rich Times and a photographer from the North State Journal they went to a Roy Cooper political event in Gaston County and they were in there and then they got booted. And I talked about how that is on brand for Roy Cooper because he did the same thing to WBT and me for the fourteen months during COVID where I tried to ask questions and basically the question that I was always going to ask is.
Speaker 2: Or was I should say, is.
Speaker 3: How do you always say we have to follow the science and data, science, science, science, science, science.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me what science there.
Speaker 3: Says that says that breweries are okay to be open as long as they have a food truck within basically one hundred feet, but bars that serve food regularly cannot be opened, and that's more dangerous than a brewery.
Speaker 2: Can you give me.
Speaker 3: The science and data behind that logic? That was always going to be my question. And they never called on me, not once, and that, you know, and the Shot Observer and the Raleigh News and Observer each did something about it and wrote a little something about or actually wrote some you know, something significant about it because it was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable. So anyways, but you know, the.
Speaker 3: News and Observer, Shot Observer, they're never gonna get kicked out of a press conference because especially Roy Cooper press covers.
Speaker 2: Let's be honest. Let's be honest, that would never happen.
Speaker 3: But other media outlets, us others, we're not even asked to be attending. And we're the largest uh news talk radio station between Atlanta and Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Biggest in the Carolina's, second biggest in the South.
Speaker 3: But yet, oh don't don't bring in WBT into all this, so I thought, you know what, now would be a good time to actually get a perspective of someone inside that particular bubble that transpired yesterday. And so I thought, you know what, now would be a great time to talk to Ap Dollan of the North State Journal. Ap Donan of the North State Journal joins us, and I talked about this situation yesterday, But Ap, can you give us a little bit more in depth detail of what actually transpired yesterday when someone from your paper, your media outlet, was kicked out of a Roy Cooper political event?
Speaker 6: Okay, well, yeah, we did. We sent her photographer down to cover the Wattley and the Cooper events. We realized that Cooper was going to be in the same town within a few hours of Watley's event, so we felt like it was a good opportunity for us to send them over and we did, and he was allowed into the menu. And then about five or six minutes after being in the venue, who was approached by campaign staffer and was told that he had to leave and that he wasn't a credentialed reporter for that event. And our photographer he said okay, fine, and he recorded the interaction on video, which we have playing in the article on our website. But he left, He's got that sucked. Part of the problem there, though, was apparently these invitations have gone out to media. Ou it's for these events that Cooper's been holding, and North State Journal has been trying to get on that media list since the beginning of the campaign and has not done so. So we took a chance that we were going to be allowed, you know, free press access to a vital campaign event. And it was happening right at the same time as Wattley's was within an hour or so of each other. I don't think that was an unreasonable item. So that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Speak with the ap dian of the North State Journals. So ap had just occurred to me, and I just remembered that while he was actually governor, they took WBT off their media email list at least three different times and maybe four different times, and I finally made a very very big stink about it, and they finally decided that they would keep us on the email list. They had always blamed us as being our fault, but were weren't the ones that control of the email list, so not wanting to talk to media. That's Roy Cooper one on one right there.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I mean all eight years that he was in office, we would barely get anything from his office other than the daily schedules that he would put out, which was quite frankly a joke. All it would say was like a one liner that says conducting meetings in business like that was it. There no details, there's nothing, So getting those was pretty much useless. Other than that, sometimes we would get the press releases that went out on the website, but you know that was even spotty. There were multiple times where we put in records requests and.
Speaker 6: We wouldn't hear back. We wouldn't hear back, so we'd post them and say, hey, you know, we sent this records request. Did even call nothing zero, not a sip. We got no responses. To his credit, Governor Stein's office has been much more responsive to us, and they's kept us on their press list through our editor So that that's saying something so ap.
Speaker 3: There's at least one media outlet, specifically the Assembly, that is saying that they were not allowed to attend a Michael Wantley press conference, but there's actually way way more behind that. Than basically what happened with Roy Cooper. You were witnessed to it, So can you tell our listeners exactly what happened with this wally not allowing a reporter from the Assembly to attend one of his events.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, this was a week ago. I believe Michael Wattley received the endorsement from the Police Benevolent Association in Raleigh. It was a small, very small press release group. It was just a press conference.
Speaker 7: It was small.
Speaker 6: It was in a building that was downtown, a secured building I believe Tom Tillis's officer, and that's in building. You have to have access to get up the elevator that whole nine yards. So we get there, we had RSVP'd to the event. We get there and we're told that yeah, it's okay to go up, and we're escorted upstairs. But down in the lobby, the Assembly reporter was told that he was not granted access to it, and he stayed down in the lobby. Now I didn't see exactly what went on down there. I do know that the police were called at one point and the security desk person had indicated that he had been refusing to leave and kind of stayed this a little bit of a scene. Campaign staffers didn't really talk to me about that, but I got the feeling based on some of the conversations that I had that it had to do with that reporter's conduct. During another event two or three weeks ago in Debulan that dealt with no tax on tips, he jumped ahead of other reporters and asked a gotcha question about hockey instead of was the topic of the note tax on tips, which wasn't something that Wattley was.
Speaker 8: Expecting to be asked about.
Speaker 6: A guess, and he refused to let it go. After Watley tried to get around him and go to other reporter questions.
Speaker 8: I happened to notice.
Speaker 6: Because I was standing right there. And then finally he did get to other reporters, and their questions were all about tax on tips. It was all about the people that it came to speak, you know, economics, that kind of thing. Following the press gaggle, Watley needed to leave and go somewhere else, so he talked too quickly to some campaign staffers. I could see it out of the corner of my eye across the room, and that reporter followed him over there and tried to engage him again, a staffer intervened, excuse me, staffer intervened. And then as I was leaving the venue talking to a couple folks, Whatley went past me into the main dining area off of where the private event room was and was headed out the door, and the Assembly reporter was still following him through the dining hall asking questions. It was aggressive, is what I would probably label it up either way.
Speaker 3: AP This is a trend we're starting to see in a lot of different places, and this has been going on with Cooper even when he was governor.
Speaker 2: And like I said yesterday on x, if.
Speaker 3: It could happen to one media outlet, it can happen to all media outlets, no matter who you.
Speaker 7: Are, well, yes it can and it has.
Speaker 6: And it's these these campaigns are keeping their events closed to those that they think will provide them good coverage or or you know, up until now, a lot we had pretty much invited anyone into his media events, left right center, whatever you want to however you want to divvy up these different groups. And I thought that that was a good thing, even though they were small press events. You know, it was you know that maybe a dozen reporters each time in the room kind of thing. He's since held bigger events with supporters in the room, which I think is good. Cooper's been doing the same thing, but his events have all been closed or very strict access to them or restricted access, I should say, since North State Journal has not received any of the invites, We've been kept off the media list despite our asking multiple times. And it's it's not doing the public any good to have, you know, one sided stories or one side of coverage coming out of these things on either.
Speaker 2: Side of the aisle.
Speaker 6: So I think the both campaigns should probably you know, make the decision that these should be open to the public and people can show up. And that's not something that either one of them is going to do at this point.
Speaker 3: These are certainly different times between politics and media. Ap Dillan of the North State Journal, I really do appreciate you joining us tonight. Thanks once again, thanks to Ap Diana of the North State Journal. When we returned Congressman Tim Moore, they had a lot big votes up there in Washington this week and he's going to join us to talk about them. Welcome back to Breaking with Brett Jensen here on this Friday night, little dreary Friday night as we go up until seven o'clock. All right, So we had Michael Walley join us earlier and ap dealing at the North State Journal and now joining us as Congressman Tim Moore and he had a very very busy week up in Washington as they voted on a lot of things, including voter ID and not allowing for insider trading anymore. Nancy Pelosi's not going to like that, so joining us now is, said Congressman Tim Moore. So again, thank you, sir for joining us tonight. And second of all, passing an insider trading bill has been something that's been talked about for a very very long time, and it finally happened Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: This is kind of a big deal.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we did. I was proud to vote for it.
Speaker 8: And I'll tell you something.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was I've traded the.
Speaker 8: Stocks for over thirty years and I pretty well pretty.
Speaker 9: Much quit now just you know, just the optics of it. So but what I've seeing though, is that there were some members in the past, you mentioned Nancy Pelosi, others who had just had ridiculous returns like fifteen hundred percent profits just crazy things, and I'm scratching my head.
Speaker 8: Going what in the world.
Speaker 9: And so I think when you have that, it raises a question whether they actually by the way, insider trading is actually already illegal, but you know, if folks, so, if folks are inside or trading, they need to be prosecuted to that. But I think at this point it's a matter the appearance just isn't good of some of these folks who've made some of these just ridiculous profits and trades, and and you know, so we had to pass it, and I proudly voted for it.
Speaker 10: We also passed the.
Speaker 9: And by the way, I think it should apply it to the executive branch and the judicial branch. You know, I think it aught to apply to everybody the same way, wether in the House with the Insenate, whether you're the president, whether you're in the cabinet, whether you're in the Supreme Court or a federal judge at auto. Just apply to everybody. Just get rid of it as an issue.
Speaker 8: In that way, you don't have to worry about.
Speaker 3: And so Congressman, I just want to make sure I am fully understanding of this and our listeners are fully understanding this, this new no insider Trading bill that basically means elected officials and their immediate family like spouses, can no longer make trades. And I just want to make sure am I correct on that?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 9: Yeah, publicly traded stocks you can still trade, or you own and buy like ets, mutual funds, those sorts of things. And I'll just tell you, in my personal life that's kind of what I've switched to at this point. That way, people don't you.
Speaker 8: Know that would be allowed under this even though.
Speaker 9: It's full stock trading is still legal at the moment. But that's what I've pretty well done in my own just personal life at this point. But at the end of the day, it just seemed to me to make sense to go ahead and pass the ban on it and hopefully it'll become well, we just got to get it to.
Speaker 8: Pass in the Senate. The other thing that we did that's even.
Speaker 9: More important than that Brett is passing to Save America Act.
Speaker 8: We actually passed it not only.
Speaker 9: In the Stock bill, but also in two other bills BAA and the A bunch of resolution. And because you know, President Trump has made clear this is a priority of his look, it's a priority of mine and I point to North Carolina and we passed. It's been been around a decade now roughly, that voter idea has been in place in North Carolina, and it is it works. We've seen voter participation increase. We've not seen these you know, people being disenfranchised, you like the Left would always say, And it just makes common sense. And what the Save Act does is, of course it says photo ID for voting, but it also requires citizenship when it comes to being a registered voter. And the Left doesn't want to talk about the fact that six six hundred votes were cast in New Jersey by non citizens. Now always think I want to repeat that, six six hundred votes in New Jersey and the last election cast by non citizens. So these people that say there isn't voter fraud, that non Systens aren't voting us, it's a bunch of junk. It's happening, and I guarantee it's happening.
Speaker 10: In North Carolina. I mean, we've got good laws to.
Speaker 9: Try to to try to catch it. But well, on the citizenship thing, that's the sort of still even in our state, the missing part because there's historically.
Speaker 8: At least when Biden was in there have been.
Speaker 9: A lack of cooperation. Now at least, of course we know home Win has been communicating with state Board of Elections. You guys have covered.
Speaker 10: That to go in and work to.
Speaker 8: Verify the citizenship status.
Speaker 9: But it's just common sense. I mean, why would someone want, you know, foreign nationals, citizens of other countries, folks maybe who are here illegally voting in American elections. And so this is.
Speaker 8: About is like this, This is as common sense of a bill as I can think of.
Speaker 9: But you know what's happening. They cannot get enough Democrats to vote for this thing, and only a handful, only a handful of Democrats even supported it here in the House. And you know, you ask them to.
Speaker 8: Defend, why they don't.
Speaker 9: They give you these crazy arguments about access and so forth. Give me a break, there's no issue with this. They just kind of want to let voter fraud happen. And I point to the fact that we've now concluded it is proven that this happened in New Jersey, and I got a feeling bread it's going to come out that it's happening more and more places around the country.
Speaker 3: Speak with Congressman Tim more So, Congressman, we know that voter idea has been a big thing and the Save America Act and everything else, but it keeps getting held up in the Senate, and one of the main reasons is because of North ConA.
Speaker 2: Senator Tom Tillis, do you think.
Speaker 3: Now that this will actually go through the Senate and pass the Senate? And do you think Tom Tillis will actually vote yes on this?
Speaker 9: You know, I'll let my good friend Senator Tailor speak for himself and where he is. I certainly lobbied him to support it, and I hope it's I hope it's something that will get done over.
Speaker 8: There, because you know, I think the.
Speaker 10: Fact now that in evidence has come out about what happened in New Jersey, it ought to make it very clear to folks that there's a need now.
Speaker 8: But I will be the first to acknowledge this.
Speaker 10: If we did.
Speaker 9: Pass it into law right now, if we passed it a month now, whenever it is, there's no way it could be implemented in time for this upcoming lection. It just is not possible for that federal law to be put into place. But regardless of that, we need to get it done, and I just think folks need to continue calling members of Congress, members of the Senate and letting them know how strongly they feel about to Save America Act.
Speaker 3: Well, Congressman ten More again out of District fourteen. You always provide us with a lot of great information and insights. So again, I really do appreciate you joining us tonight because it has been definitely a busy week for you guys up in Washington.
Speaker 9: Hey, great being with you.
Speaker 2: Take care.
Speaker 3: Once again, thanks to Congressman ten More for joining us here during his very very busy schedule. Welcome back to breaking with Bret Jensen for a few more minutes until we go up until seven o'clock tonight. Then TJ and the Bear Richie will be taken over.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So guess what, ladies and gentlemen that Carolina Paranthers started training camp this week. Football season is officially here and before you know it, college will be playing on Labor Day weekend, and then the following week you're gonna have the NFL games. Carolina Panthers have the first preseason game of the year against the Arizona Cardinals in the Hall of Fame Game, which is I think they've played it in it I know at least one other time. I think they played against the Jacksonville Jaguars their very first year in existence. They may have played it in one other time. But because they have the first game, it means that they get to start training camp early.
Speaker 2: So a couple of.
Speaker 3: Days ago, cornerback Bryce Young, he went to the met he met with the media to talk about everything going on with the team and himself and everything else in ILK.
Speaker 2: I just still don't think he's going.
Speaker 3: To be the guy to take this team to the super Bowl anymore than Muggsy Bogues was ever going to take the Hornets or Walker to They gonna take the Hornets to the NBA Championships. They're just way too small and way too undersized, and they might be nice people, they were never going to take it to the Promised Land. Nonetheless, he's the starting quarterback. So here's Bryce Young talking about the return to the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 11: Your fourth training camp, fourth day one of training camp. How comfortable did you feel out there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I feel great. I'm super excited for this team for this year. Really just being able to come back here and just be a part of this building. It's special, the locker room, special, coaching staff is special, everyone in the front office. Just how we've been able to build and grow and evolve. You know, now this being a year four, it's been you know, it's definitely been a blessed to be able to see that and be a part of that. And I'm so excited for is just our mentality. There's so much work for us to do, so much for us to grow in so much. Obviously they want a camp. So there's so much that we have in front of us, and I wouldn't want to, you know, face that with any other group. We all embody that, we all embrace that, we all are excited for that work. So I'm super super grateful to yeah, to be a part of that, right.
Speaker 13: Not that change the tone little bit, but but you mentioned sort of the size of the confusion here.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of excitement.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of us around this team.
Speaker 13: Is that something you were able to feel getting the off season? And how do you approach for things Understanding that that.
Speaker 3: This is AH a team that's looked at a little different.
Speaker 12: Olaers proach doesn't doesn't change for us. UH coach talks about all the time in the meeting. It's about finding our best. You know, how people view us, how we're talked about. You know, whatever that is, we can't control that. That's not something that we can you know, we can we can baste how hard we work or our mindset off of we have to m try to find our best every day. We have to uh, you know, search for right now just in training camp, having the best practice right now we get done, having the best lift, having the best meeting. So regardless of what that is, it doesn't affect our approach. And I think all of our guys for the same way, which I'm grateful to be a part of, they all have that just keep it in the building, have our best day weekend mentality and coach does a great job of installing that.
Speaker 13: Wing the NFC South last year and end that playoff drought here and then you know, take the rams to the limit. There How much confidences that give you guys going forward that you can kind of build you know, championship.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we're super confident, but you know that that doesn't come from any sort of looking at last year. That doesn't come from you know, from that we know it's a it's a new year. You know, it's a new page. That doesn't entitle us anything. Right now, we feel like is where we're building that confidence. You know, right now is where you know, we feel like it's imperative for over these these next few weeks, over the preseason. That's where we build a confidence to feel like heading the week one, you know, where where we want to be. We're you know, we're we're able to you know, obviously take it week by week, but but just be in a good space. So I think that right now, that's what it's all about, is making sure we can try to stack good days. We could try and stack good meetings, have a conversation. We need to build that confidence and whatever happened last year, you know, that doesn't entitle us to to anything, and we all embrace that. Drew and the Cardinals or the or the first teams.
Speaker 13: To report that it's gonna be a law can.
Speaker 4: With a couple of joint practices, what's your mind set?
Speaker 7: Is this capable to look.
Speaker 2: A little differently a little longer past year?
Speaker 12: Yeah, just take it one day at a time. Like you said, there's a couple of different moving parts. You know, you get the extra week we're here. We gotta you know, take advantage of it, you know, we we we get that more time to compete, we get the you know, for the young guys, they get time to more time to showcase what they can do, put out film, things like that. But for us, coach talks about all the time, just being where your feet are taking it one day at a time and regardless of all that stuff, you know, we're all just committed to having our best day resetting and then next day comes having to recommit again.
Speaker 11: Right. This was John and Brooks's first training camp practice of centel career.
Speaker 1: Was it was?
Speaker 11: It kind of used the word joy in the spring of describing him in his return.
Speaker 13: Was it joyful again today?
Speaker 11: And did he appear to be enjoying himself?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean just the way the way JB has been working ever since you got here. Obviously has dealt with a lot of adversity, and the way he's carried himself, the way he's been a pro about it, the way he supported all of us, the positivity he's had despite you know, having to deal with some some really difficult stuff. I couldn't be happier to see him out there being himself, moving around having fun and yeah, and I think you see that in him too. He's so ready for the moment. It's the work he's put in throughout the season. You know, it's easy, especially you know last year you're not playing the year, it's easy to just phone it in and practices and when you're in, you know you're in your two and a half. You know it's two and a half hours into a meeting that you know you're not for a game, you're not gonna be in as easy to turn it off and and just zone out all Last year you could ask them anything game plan, specific, playbook, whatever it is, and he would know exactly what was going on. He was at focused, So you know he's ready. He's not over there trying to fill out certain plays or remember stuff. He's been putting the work in. So we're all super excited for him to be back.
Speaker 14: Last season, you guys had to deal with a lot of accommodations on the offensive line kind of weekend and week out of like, how did that help you guys with the adaptability and knowing that you're gonna have to go into this season with two new starters at tackle.
Speaker 2: On that line.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it just it speaks to the culture of that room, the coaching staff, all of them. They hold themselves to an extremely high standard. Obviously, you know, football is a tough sport. You know, last year there was, like you said, a lot of movement. We're gonna have some stuff going into this year, but they make sure that, you know, regardless of who might be be up, the standard is a standard. And you know, I commend them for that. That's themselves, you know, holding each other accountable, hold themselves to again that standard. So uh, we know what it's gonna be. And I have all the conferences in the world in that group.
Speaker 3: All right, everyone that's gonna do it for us tonight and this week once again thanks to Michael Wantley, AP Dyllon and Congressman Tim Moore. Coming up next as TJ and the Bear Richie. My name is Brett Jensen, and you have been listening to Breaking with Brett jenson