Speaker 1: I don't enjoy talking about zoron Mumdani. The communist Islamists, I say, Islamists. Some people are now into Islamo Marxists. It's just too many, too many things. One thing picket Islamis are communists. They're working together. This Red Green alliance is very, very real. And when they destroy Western civilization, they will fight each other and the Communists are gonna lose.
Speaker 2: We all understand this right. The Communists are gonna get their ass is kicked. They're gonna lose so bad.
Speaker 1: They are gonna lose like Purdue against Indiana in an oaken bucket game. Now, for those of you who are not from here, let me say for the record, this is a dig on the new athletic director, Tommy McClelland, who made one of the great blunders I've ever heard, and I have argued publicly that firing him is on the table.
Speaker 2: Tony Katz, Tony Kats today, good to be with you.
Speaker 1: I will get to that. Ed R joins me right now from hot air dot com. He appreciated my big ten humor. I bring up, Mam Donnie, and I don't you like to talk about New York because it gets too much play. But what's important here is that how this is trying to spread across the country an election after election. But it was a really interesting story in Staten Island. Now Stotton Island is one of the boroughs of New York where the where Mom Donnie is mayor and it is has always been a conservative, if not Republican stronghold. These are very pro America people and they don't see themselves as the rest of New York and if they could break away, they would.
Speaker 2: They had an event for a local police department.
Speaker 1: It was a turnout with the neighbors kind of event, and Mamdani showed up and after sixty seconds of speaking gets booed off the stage, gets booed off the stage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's it's embarrassing, it's you Hu miliating for him.
Speaker 1: And then comes the story that Mom Donnie, it turns out, has a very very very thin bit of skin. And this was the story a front page of the New York Post. Mam Donnie is thin skinned and hyper sensitive and private in private, despite unflappable social media image.
Speaker 2: And my argument, ed, is that's where all these communists are.
Speaker 1: That's just all these Islamis are because none of them can actually handle an actual discussion of what it is they believe. Is there a tide turning based on what you can see regarding Mam Donnie in New York and is that now flowing through to the rest of the nation.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure about New York City. I'm honestly not sure about whether there's a tide turning in New York City or not. Think it's too early to tell, but I mean, we haven't had side elections or by elections or anything else like that, and frankly, New York has been turning kind of a radical for a while now. They just nominated you know, Daria, Lizis Chevalier and a couple other DSA people, you know, outright DSA people for the US House, and they're going to win those districts, so they'll be sitting in Congress next January unless there's something really remarkable that goes on in those heavily democratic districts there that's baked into the cake. So I'm not necessarily sure about New York City. I do think though, that we might have seen peak DSA around the country. I would point to what's happening in Michigan. What happened in Michigan this week, which was that you know, Abdulah Sayed was supposedly had all this momentum behind him. You had five different polsters that had him up by double digits in a Democrat primary within two and three weeks of the actual primary vote, and he barely won the nomination, didn't get to fifty percent, barely won against Tiley Stephens. Haley Stevens ends up winning Wayne County, which is De Troit, which is remarkable that she won that county and still didn't win the nomination. And that just goes to show you that this is really a phenomenon that's really around college towns.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: And I've been arguing this all along, which is that this is only going to work in really concentrated blue bubbles. Right when you get statewide in a state like Michigan, or if you want to go over to nearby Wisconsin where Francesca Hang is running for the Democrat nomination for governor, that's next week on.
Speaker 4: Once you go statewide, that dissipates.
Speaker 3: And I think that because all of this stuff is getting exposed about the DSA's actual agenda I mean they're explicit agenda. You can look at their explicit agenda and see that what they're talking about is eliminating the Senate, eliminating the Presidency as we know it now, basically throwing out the Constitution, going to a House of Representatives that acts more like a ball up bureau, and imposing a no private property type of system on America, probably by force, because that's the way it it would have to proceed. I think people understand now that these people are actual nuts, they're radicals. And right now you're seeing the media talk about this, as you know, Republicans.
Speaker 4: Are doing a red scare. This isn't a red scare. This is Code red, by the way, and this is real.
Speaker 1: A quick thing to go over here, because this just popped up on my feed as a graphic. It looks a little pornographic. It's not meant to and I'm not trying to be pornographic with this graphic. There is a red line at the top and a blue line at the bottom, and the red line is l Sayed and the blue line is Haley Stevens. This was the polling in Michigan, and then it got closed and then it spread a little bit more, and then on election day it's l sayed the Islamist or the Islamist adjacent by one percent. So to your point, this did not work out the way any of the pollsters set it would, and that we should really discuss what it is that we're getting in terms of the polling.
Speaker 2: And we have discussed here what a huge problem this creates for else.
Speaker 1: I had for the Democrats to win against Mike Rogers, because Democrats the forty seven percent plus who voted for Haley Stevens, who is no peach by the way, the.
Speaker 2: Representative.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know how you vote for somebody who gives you such incredible gems like this one.
Speaker 4: A little bit of enthusiasm, a little bit of energy, and a little bit of sicket to them.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know. I don't know how you do that.
Speaker 1: I also don't know how you vote for a guy supported by Hassan Piker.
Speaker 2: I edited this pretty well. Their producer landa but finger on the dumb button.
Speaker 1: The RNC put this out about him talking about black voters.
Speaker 4: Would black people care about Oh, black people care about this?
Speaker 2: Is black people care about that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Shut the fuck up?
Speaker 4: That's not how politics works.
Speaker 2: Oh well, how dare you like it or not black people care about this issue. It's like, it's such a stupid stance.
Speaker 5: Any other black folk want to engage in radical activist language in this chat?
Speaker 2: Suck? Yes, dude, it's because I'm racist.
Speaker 5: That's why.
Speaker 2: It's because I'm racist.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 5: We back to a better time when lynchings were happening. This is what I like as a black man. Are you always doing too much with black people? Leave them alone? I want to go back to lynching, Like, I get it, but'll relax, man, shut the f up. Okay, damn, you got me. Okay, you got me because I'm a racist person.
Speaker 4: Now you know why he lost Detroit.
Speaker 2: There is a real story here.
Speaker 1: Talking to edmarscyaf hotair dot com, as we talk about whether or not this works in certain blue bubbles, we already have l s A. Ed having a problem with the Stephens voters, because the Stephens voter can either hold their nose and vote for him, hold their nose and vote for Mike Rogers, or hold their nose at.
Speaker 2: Home and not go out and vote.
Speaker 1: But when you talk about people outside of these blue bubbles, you're talking about black voters, and black voters, I agree, are not a monolithic block, but they absolutely understand that their wants, desires, thoughts, their importance has been pushed aside because the Democratic Party, now the Socialist Party, has said communists and Muslims are the only things that matter in the voting base. We're going to even hide things on our campaign websites so it doesn't upset them, like our thoughts on LGBTQ, etc. There is a large scale problem, and I'm asking you to kind of break it down a little bit more about how this problem is going to affect coming into November.
Speaker 3: So let me explain this to you in a structural way. The Democrat Party has long butt into the idea of intersectionality as a way of redistributing the political goods between the different grievance groups, if you will, uh in a in a woke structure, right, because Democrats are all about identity, right, So there's the black identity, there's female identity, there's you know, Jewish identity, there's you know, et cetera. And there's an intersectionality structure that goes with this. So and this is this is important in Texas. Can I interrupt you really quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Democrats have given up on the idea of Jewish identity. They want no Jewish identity whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I mean, but what I was going to say is they've ranked Jewish identity at the very bottom of this intersectionality structure, right, and and for a very long time, being black was at the top of this intersectionality structure. The whole thing was called was was based on critical race theory, which was, you know that America is very racist, and so therefore you, you know, and your ethnicity is completely determinist in terms of what your outcomes aren't access to social goods, and so therefore it must be redistributed based on where you rank each group. So you had Blacks above Hispanics, for instance, which is one of the reasons why Hispanics started to leave the Democrat party. Now you've got Democrats saying no Socialists and Muslims are now at the top of this intersectionality structure, and Blacks are getting pushed down the structure.
Speaker 4: And in Texas, that's part of what happened.
Speaker 3: What's happening because Jasmine Crockett was both black and female, which in intersectionality terms should have made her top ranked in that primary, and James Tallerco as a white male, shouldn't have even run against her. And this is the reason why Jane the Jasmine Crockett has been saying ever since that the Democrats primary was racist because it violated this intersectionality structure that black voters thought was in place to advance their interests. And what you're saying is part of this, which is that the intersection structure has been completely rewritten now by the DSA and people like Hassan Piker and Islamists to say no right now, Palestine and you know, communism and socialism are now the top part of the highest priority in this intersectionality structure, and Blacks just need to shut up and get in line. And is not that didn't go over will in the Michigan primary, It's not going to go over well in Texas either.
Speaker 1: Talking to Ed Marcy of hot air dot com, listen, I don't know your schedule.
Speaker 2: Can you hang out for a few more minutes? Let me take a.
Speaker 1: Break, because we should come back to where this actually goes to, which is how do Republicans take advantage of this? Not how do they take advantage of black voters. I think a tremendous number of black voters should be Republicans. Anyway, they could make great changes in great strides. Republicans aren't bright, and they don't know how to act and interact. They don't know how to speak, and you can't think of a group as a monolithic block, but you can recognize what you're discussing, how do they go about getting these voters in this mid term? Stay right there, Ed Morrissey, hotair dot com. Stay right here, guys, This is Tony Katz today. Continue the conversation with Ed Morrissey regarding how Republicans can actually get black voters, because part of the problem with Republicans is that they are not bright, and they are afraid, and they don't know how to talk, and those are some of their finest qualities. Tony Kats, Tony Kats Today, Good to be with you. Edmarcyhotair dot com joins me, I appreciate you sticking around.
Speaker 2: For another few minutes. If we are to agree as I've.
Speaker 1: Discussed it and now you're discussing it, that the left has abandoned the black voter as a necessary talking point.
Speaker 2: That what matters, is.
Speaker 1: Hatred of Israel, pretending Palstine's a real place. These kinds of attacks the communist design because capitalism is evil. Black voters clearly said in the Michigan election for the Democratic primary, no, so what is The advice to Republicans started with Mike Rogers in Michigan. Republicans writ large, how do they go about talking to voters Democrat voters who are black and saying, Hey, I may not be perfect, but my god, I think that.
Speaker 2: You matter as an American.
Speaker 3: Well, the first thing would be to actually talk to them. I wrote about this ten years ago in my book Going Round. They don't show up read they don't show up. They don't go to the neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I talked about this in the book extensively. I sat down with black conservatives in these different swing counties talking about what their experience was dealing with Republicans, and they said the same thing over and over again. Republicans will open up an office six weeks before an election and pack it up about four weeks afterwards. They don't stay in the communities, they don't keep going back and talking to people. They don't ask them what their issues are They've given the thirty thousand foot talking points, and the people that I talked to who were successful in making inroads in these communities were the people who actually sat down and listened first about what the actual issues were, what their concerns were, and trying to address them while not leaving their own values behind.
Speaker 4: And you have to start with respect. It starts with respect.
Speaker 3: So if all you're doing is running advertising and not sitting down with people, you're not showing them enough respect.
Speaker 4: For them to listen to you. And so your question is a great question.
Speaker 3: I've been talking about this for ten years, and Republicans have made some changes to try to do that. There's been some better GOTV efforts, for instance, and they have people who actually stick around in the communities a little longer, but for the most part, they still haven't learned to go and talk to these voters and show them respect. If they just showed up, you might be able to peel another five percent six percent just from the fact that you showed up and talked to them and made and made them feel like they mattered.
Speaker 1: And I will say this, I I've discussed this on my morning show for years. I don't know if I've brought it here. Uh, if somebody invites me to speak at a black church, I'm going.
Speaker 2: I am there. You want me and Ed to come, I will pay for Ed's ticket.
Speaker 1: We will come and talk about these things and where we think conservatism is and why we think it matters, and and and and try and win hearts and minds to conversation.
Speaker 2: Invite.
Speaker 1: I can't just show up, that's weird. Invite. I will bring Ed, and I will wear a better shirt than he's wearing right now, and and me across So Ali, so alie, I promise no, oh, yes, yes, yes, my shirt's fine. But this is it sounds so dum, It sounds so basic. You got to actually talk to people. That is a huge part of it. Edmar Rucy, stay right there, Hot air dot com. And the book going Read you can find that at Amazon dot com wherever fine books are sold, and appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Stay right there. More is coming up. This is Tony Katz today,