Speaker 1: When they go low, we go high.
Speaker 2: Love will win, grace will win, humility will win, and kindness will win.
Speaker 3: I stand by them.
Speaker 1: I will always stand by them. Everybody else can go to hell. That's Stephanie White from last night before the game and then firing up the troops for the game as they went last night over New York one O six ninety two, twenty one to twelve of the season the fever. If you were to tell me, hell, I don't know three years ago, four years ago, that I was going to lead off shows with the fever, I thought you're crazy. Now it's a little bit different for us because we talk about and care about what matters to you. Honestly, for the rest of the world, it's just about fanning the flames, getting clicks and likes and the dorky algorithms and whatever the nerds are talking about. That's what it's all about. For everybody else, seriously, across the board, that's all it's about. They don't give two craps about the basketball. They feel about the basketball right now with the fever or the WNBA, how we felt about the fever and the WNBA about four years ago. Didn't care, didn't even notice. They didn't even cross our minds, but now it does because you have Kaitlin Clark, and because everybody realized that with Kaitlin Clark comes a great deal of notoriety. I said this when she first came into the WNBA, and really prior to it, all you had to do was hit hashtag Kaitlin Clark, and your timeline on x or on Instagram would go crazy. It would be rotten. Now, back then, it didn't go crazy with crazy. Now it goes crazy with crazy or those with agendas. Let me tell you a little bit about yesterday with Stephanie White and then the team's performance. Stephanie White was making up for the swing and the miss on Saturday where it was obvious in this case that Sophie Cunningham got tackled by the neck, got clotheslined. It was a reckless close out by Carrington, and all that transpired during that moment was accurate. But what Stephanie Watt has been about is not Fenn in the flames and in that process it was just a bad look. So honestly with what she did before the game, which also could be pointed at me because I led on Monday with how she did on Saturday and has prior, you know, with the fist to the neck of Thomas in that game with Caitlin Clark. You have to make sure you galvanize your group. You have to be tight. That was making up for what did not happen on Saturday. Now there are other aspects that maybe it's you, maybe it's me, it's probably all of us, where she just felt the need to let it out. You ever follow what anybody ever writes about her on social media. I know you guys out there too, because I'd probably feel the same way. We're all in the same gang on this. We would be so incredibly soft. There's zero way, zero way we could deal with it. It is every single day. So she was also letting out a great deal of anger and frustration. And because I know me, I don't know you. I know some of you out there. I feel I know most of you out there. But for me, I'm not soft, And it didn't bother me in the least. In fact, I thought it was incredibly necessary and I thought it was well past time. Yeah, get up and shake your fist, tell everybody to go to hell. If that's how you feel, really, the only thing that should matter is the twenty one to twelve aspect of it. See, this is what's funny, and especially around here, and there are a lot of you out there, a lot of you out there. I could charge with this. You end up telling me all that matters is winning. But in this case, that's not all that matters at all, and in fact, it's kind of buried in all this other bull crap. You guys get all wound up about stuff that doesn't matter, stuff that shouldn't matter. Winning is all that matters. I've said this all along. She's going to be judged by what happens with this team. Do they reach expectations? Are they who they're supposed to be? Were one of the most noted professional athletes on the globe. That's how she's gonna be judged. She's not gonna be judged by that press conference. I'm assuming somebody over there. And by the way, it's not like that she or they have had incredible guidance or leadership in this category. I know we always make fun of pr but I don't know with the WNBA or the fever, I don't know who's been in charge of that. I don't know who runs it, but whoever does probably needs to take a class on it. But yesterday was not a shortcoming. Yesterday was not an issue unless you're sold, unless you got offended by it. You know, those that are are saying or telling you that they're the least offended of the groups out there are on always the most offended. That's what had to happen. Let off steam at those out there that constantly come at them, come at her, and at the same time, help again, keep wound tight the group and bear in mind what matters the most. God, that's easy. That's like basketball one on one out there. Any coach would tell you that, or any smart coach, I mean dumbasses out there wouldn't tell you that, but any smart coach would tell you that. Gonna make sure you keep your group wound as tight with you as possible. And not a lot of coaches, not a lot of people have ever had to deal with the absolute fou bar that they have to deal with. And I loved Kaylin Clark and Sophie Cunningham agreeing and then defending her after the game. That was great. What's going to be funny is when a lot of you zelots out there for Kaitlyn Clark. You know a lot of you zelots that only care about Kaitlyn Clark when you run her out of town because of all this, That's what's going to be pretty funny. I'll laugh at that. I will laugh. I go, oh yeah, way to go. We're not talking about savvy basketball folks either. We're talking about people that just jumped in on a bandwagon of love. You love the way that she plays. I love the way that they play. I want to see success. And in fact, I will tell you this, I mentioned this to Jake a little bit earlier. There is to me a very common thread between the Pacers that I love, not last year's nineteen win disaster of injuries, but the prior two years the Tyrese Haliburton led Pacers. Because they push, they score, they put offensive pressure on you. That's exactly what this Fever team does. So what's wrong with the coach? You gotta want to fire Rick Carlisle? Who wants to fire Rick Carley? You don't like it? That's exactly how the Fever play. And you know what, they have some of the similar issues as the Pacers had, especially in that first year. You go back three years and they would score in bunches, yet they couldn't guard Caleb. I mean that was problematic, No or I think oftentimes did they want to try to achieve the guarding of Caleb? You get that strained out and who knows because they're not anybody out there that can really stop them. I mean at Links they have some players, including Olivia Miles, that can match up really well, but not a lot out there that can start that. I in fact, I would not have paid attention. It was kicking and screaming for me. But when you score as they score at will, and you push the tempo, you push the pace up and down the floor, you know how fun of basketball. That's my favorite brand of basketball. By god, I'll watch that. And if it ends up being twenty one and twelve, yeah, you're not blaming the coach. You're not firing the coach on twenty one and twelve. I don't care what all these clowns end up saying. Maybe you ought to look in the mirror and understand what you really want about it. Do you want winning a winning team or do you want to jump on the bandwagon with the posse out there with the lynch Bob that always wants to be angry about something, always wants to be pissed off about something. That was a person letting off steam, and it was a person that was showing her team, Hey, what was this to me on Saturday? And listen, I'm in that category too. There's a video of me that has hell. I don't know how many it's on Facebook or Instagram, but it's up there for Monday where I took offense to that. I thought, you can't do that. I don't even care if it was a lightweight call or if it wasn't exactly an egregious foul, you go with it. I mentioned Galvani as your team, keep it tight. What she did last night was necessary and honestly, if you're offended by your you're way too soft. I'm offended by this. I can't believe. I can't believe. She said love and then she said go to hell. Well, because some of you out there are tremendous jackasses. I mean, hell, I can be a jackass too. I will be before the end of the show, I promise you. But I absolutely loved it, and if it were directed at me, I'm not suggesting at all that it was. But as an outsider and somebody that was highly critical of what took place after the game on Saturday in Chicago. Let's just say, for example, I am yeah, I'm not soft enough to let that outweigh the fact that this team looks really good, and it is playing well, and it plays a style of basketball, women, men, whatever, that is incredibly enjoyable. Hey, numb nuts, get on board. Stop worried about the stuff that doesn't matter. Stop letting people dictate what matters to you. You always tell me how much you want to see teams win and how well you want to see teams around here play, and then what they do. You want to fire the coach for what because you don't like what she said. Believe me, they all have to get in line on this. I also know this to be true. I don't think that there is on any level the leadership that is necessary. They had no idea what they were getting into. But better late than never to realize what you're getting into and do something about it. And that starts at the commissioner's level. But that's not a discussion for us. I'm just talking about a team right now. They believe me, if they don't live up to the expectations. There are gonna be consequences for that. That's just sports in general. But it's not going to be about what you were offended about last night in what she said prior to with game, and then go out and you're gonna boo aye, you booed last night. I'm telling you, I don't know the folks that go to this game, Caleb, they have any basketball brains at all. Seriously, I couldn't believe that there were boos personally. Well, I can now if Kaylyn Clark, if Kaitlyn Clark, and if Sophie cunninghad would have backed her, if that would have been the pregame and not the post game, there'd been no boos, none, none. Do you guys realize that use zelots out there. I'm not talking to everybody, I realize that, But do you zelots out there realize that who you bow to the altar to just wants to play basketball and she wants to do what she did last night and will be critical when things don't go well, and we'll prop when things do go well. But that's what she wants to do. Bunch, you guys helping the process, don't be a fly on the ointment, there'll be a pain in the ass booing. Seriously, I didn't think that there were a lot of basketball brains in that place anyway in general, but I sure as hell didn't think after last night. This team is twenty one and they're fun as hell to watch. And normally, let's face it, normally, when can you watch the WNBA It can be boring, It can be a snoozefest. That is not They are doing their best to not only win, but to entertain. And you're mad about him. Man, here's what the coach said. How soft can you be? Please don't tell me you're that soft. I didn't rear you to be that soft. Come on, now, I thought that was exactly what was necessary. Then listen. Maybe some of this stuff missed the mark. I mean you had to see the replay about a billion times. What you did is you said the wrong thing. Somebody, if you didn't see the replay, like somebody from your staff who has your back, who knows something and doesn't have their head up their rare end, should have said, hey, you know what, she was clothes lined? So it's okay to go off on this. Hell, I'll be honest with you. I felt good about it. You want to know why I felt good because this was like a call that the WNBA officials got accurately. It was it was right. I like that because most of the time it's fo bar I like that. Please do not tell me you are this soft. Don't You can't have it both ways. You can't and all I wants winning And then whine about the dialogue of the coach, especially knowing what you know, I gather that the rest of the world doesn't really know when they're just swooping in to claim they're pound of flesh. That's all they're really doing. But you're supposed to be better. You gotta be better. You got to understand this a little bit. And hey, I'll be right there with you. This team doesn't live up to expectations if they fail, if they don't learn to guard just a little bit better. And believe me, the bar is set a championship. If they don't do that, let's just all go off. We'll have a going off party. But I'm not going to sit here and go off, and I'm not going to jump on everybody else that has decided to be angry about what was said last night. She said all the wrong things. Yeah, you know what she was doing. She was doing something with a purpose, and it was for her team, and it was also to tell us a lot of us out there that have been highly critical to blank off. The funny thing about it is, we would all do the same thing given her situation. You would do it after two people made fun of you on Facebook. You put your yearbook photo up there and they make fun of you, you'd go off just like that, after two people were marked about it. We'd all do the same thing. Now, there's zero way that any of us in a moment of anger and we're just all letting it out. Hell, we're not going to say the right thing. I'm never going to say the right thing because frankly, I'm not smart enough to say the right thing. But I certainly understand. I have been dealt the cards of wisdom in understanding, and I understand what the hell was going on last night. The thing about this is, you got like all these political clowns in our state are remarking on this. You should be offended because they need to pay attention to what matters to you as to why you voted them in. I'm gonna tell you, yeah, if you ever decide to take basketball advice from Micah beck With, I can't hang with you. Serious, I can't hang with you because you know there's zero way you're gonna take basketball advice. What is he the associate governor of lieutenant Lieutenant? Please, you don't need basketball advice from Micah Beckwi or Jim Banks. These guys don't know squat and in fact, they should be concentrating on the jobs and the reasons why you voted them in. Just take them out of the equation. You latch onto people that know basketball. Maybe some of you folks that go to these games will react a little bit different and understand a little bit different. Now, you guys can all cry about it if you want. It was pure theatrics. It doesn't matter if it was theatrics, it was for her team, it was for what she didn't do on Saturday, doesn't matter. And you're not allowed to tell me that you're all about winning and when a team wins you want to fire the coach. That makes you a dumbass, and that makes you about theatrics too. Can't tell me that I've been around here long enough. I've been through all this losing, we will gauge what happens to the coach and this team at the end of the year. Who cares what was said last night? Just don't be that soft. I feel like Forrest Gump. I think that's all I have to say about that. And he also authored the greatest play in the history of the Colts. He's our friend, Marlon Jackson. Hello, Marlon, how.
Speaker 4: Are you, jam b I'm good, I'm good man.
Speaker 1: How you doing fantastic? So tomorrow night is going to be a hell of a deal, is it not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be. It's gonna be a good time. We all know that.
Speaker 5: It's you know, preseason. Preseason football for the coaches is gonna kick off with the Colts versus Patriots. But we're also having an event kind of tied to that with our Coats Trivia Night at the Skyline Club in Indianapolis, an evening for people to come out and enjoy some coachs trivia, learn a little bit about more organization, Fight for Life being on some silent auction items. Hear about something special that we're releasing at the Fight for Life Foundation. As well, support a great cause, but have fun as well, and possibly win six coach tickets to the Coats VERSUS Falcons preseason game.
Speaker 1: So Marlin Jackson with US Fight for Life Foundations got at the Skyline Club a big deal with coach trivia tomorrow night and you could win big More on that in a second. Since one of the Mets right now, training camp preseason game number one. As a veteran player, I know it's probably different for you in the early stages as a rookie. As a veteran player, what was your approach to camp and then to preseason games?
Speaker 5: I mean camp, you want you want to get get off to a fast start. You know, you put in all the work in the off season. Now you're getting back into things with all the guys, and you're getting the pads on and getting ready to really lace them up and get things going to try to go after those goals that you will set in training camp, but trying to get into your your rhythm, trying to get into your your routines, get yourself established and ready to go mentally and physically, and get your timing down with everything as well, because it's no longer you know, no pads on air. Now is full contact, it's live, which I'm sure is probably much different now in training camp versus when I was in training camp. A lot more physicality throughout training camp. And I know it's kind of spotty when it comes to the physicality in training camp now, but I think these guys really want to get settled in, get their timing with all the concepts that I've been taught, the defenses on offense, the offensive schemes, get everybody on the same page.
Speaker 1: So Maul and Jackson with us, what did you know that you accomplished in trending camp what you needed to At what point was there a signature, you know, each season, so to speak, moment where you said, all right, so I got everything I needed to do done here.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I think that that varies for guys. I think in terms of like all dependent upon your level of experience. You know that that may be you need you need one game, you need a couple of quarters. You know, if you're a younger guy or guy just you know, second or third year, maybe maybe it's the you know, the second week, and it's getting that getting that first half under under your belt. In my time, you know, there were four there were four games. That third game is when the starters went went the longest. So you know, by by that point in time, for sure, is when you feel like, all right, I'm I'm fully ready to go for this season. But that's one of those things, Jay, that I would say that varies dependent upon on the level of experience that the player has.
Speaker 1: I can remember if I asked you this last week, this is Marla Jackson on the Andy Moore Automotive Group hoot line. You played defensively with two guys that were absolute havocs coming off the edge, and Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, and in this group at least Eyeball wise right now is going to be a lot different. You're you're hoping, you're crossing your fingers and hoping that you know, with layout two Latu and arden Key, you're going to get a little bit something. And and this I think defensively, you're hoping for more from the secondary without what is the normal defensive pressure up front. How difficult might that proposition be when you have a lot of your playmakers in that secondary more than up front. In this era of the NFL.
Speaker 5: Oh, it makes sense, extremely difficult because I mean, you know everything in football starts starts up front offensively and defensively, and you know the high flying offenses that we see now in the National Football League. You have to be able to create pressure, and it's easiest if you can create pressure with four guys up front. This is something that the coach have struggle with, which is which brought about the change and coordinator, so you can blitz more. When you have a secondary like the secondary that we have, those guys can be on an island. It gives you more of the ability to blitz and bring a fifth guy in a linebacker or at times of safety. But in my opinion, I think you would rather have two edge rushers at least one guy that you know they can get home. They can create pressure at will. You have some more sustainable defense when you have the ability to have a dominant defensive end or two that can generate press. Sure, and you're not as reliant upon the blenets to generate pressure.
Speaker 1: So Marlin Jackson with us, what are your thoughts on what the Colts are going to be able to do? I mentioned two of the options there with key and lay out two A lot two. Do you have a belief and they're going to be able to provide what is necessary and consistent quarterback pressure coming off the edge.
Speaker 5: For me, it's a question that's a question mark, and I don't know how we could have anything else but a question mark there. There's nothing against those two guys. Lat of two has been good, but in my opinion, not great. I would like to see him make a junk too great this season. You know you mentioned guys like the White Premium Robert Mathis. The thing is that you knew if they had a single matchup that they were going to get home and generate pressure. I have not seen that from a Cole's defensive lineman in years, right, But if Lat two can be that guy. I'm not as familiar with arden Key, but if Lat two or arden Key, if they can be those guys, at least one of them, it puts us in a better position. But you know, it puts more stress on the coordinator to get creative if you cannot generate pressure with just those four guys.
Speaker 4: We know that our guys.
Speaker 5: On the interior, Grover you know, and others can generate pressure, but we need it on the edge most of all.
Speaker 4: And if Lat.
Speaker 5: Two steps up and he takes his game to another another level and Arden is reliable as well. That will make this a very very strong possibly for sure top ten defense, possibly top five defense with the secondary you have, but you also have question marks at linebacker with this group as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, those are questions well answer on a the day as well, actually across the board, and I mean, hell, Marlin, we're just talking about the the defensive aspect of it. Right here. That's Marla Jackson on the Andy More Automotive Group Potline again. Fight for Life Foundation dot org is where you can go to learn more. But tomorrow night at the Skyline Club, it is going to be spectacular. This is not gonna be your average preseason game viewing party slash trivia contest, is it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, we have we have a we have a DJ lined up that's gonna be there as well. It's gonna be foods. We're gonna have a special cocktail there for the evening. You know, it's a special release of something that we've been working on, that Fight for Life opportunity. First place team will win six tickets to a Coats preseason game Coats versus Falcon, and then we'll also have second and third place winning teams as well. Really will love to get all these Colts fans signed up. You know, you got the great views at the Skyline Club. You know you'll be able to partake and enjoy that and then watch the game as well, because Trivia Knight is going to lead right into this preseason game that we are all excited for if it's against our arch nemesis, the New England Patriots as well, which adds a little bit more incentive to come out because.
Speaker 1: You did him in. You did him in, buddy, you did him in.
Speaker 5: That's right, right, That's why we have something connected to that that we are going to release release tomorrow evening for those who are in attendance and then to the general public after that. But you know, we we hope to get people to come out support our cause, you know, you know, engage in some history of the Coats and then learn about the organization and then watch, you know, all of our favorite team in Indianapolis coach take on the Patriots and hopefully we have a great showing because I know that first half everybody's gonna be gonna be really watching with the news that ar is gonna get the nod they're in their first half, so I think we're all very anxious. I would say to see what he is going to do in the first half.
Speaker 1: If you're watching two on YouTube live, just make a note of it that he had the biggest play in the history of the Indianapolis Colts. I would if I were you, Molin, I couldn't hear that enough. I wanted to want to hear that every day, every day.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's something that you know it It will never get old.
Speaker 5: No, it is a play that will live in the hearts and memories of Colts fans people across the state forever. And I'm appreciative to be able to be a part of that moment and being able to make such a significant play in the history of the franchise.
Speaker 1: Man the most significant play in the history of the franchise, that is Marlin Jackson. Fight for Life Foundation dot org correct correct.
Speaker 5: Correct or short f f LF dot org. You go to our website, click on the hub tab and then there you will see information for Coast Trivia Night. You can read about it. Click the link purchase tickets thirty dollars a ticket. We'll love to see some Indianapolis coach Finn with us tomorrow evening at the Skyline Club of Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to join us live sometime too, at a live show where we have either beers or cocktails or or for some of these softies here maybe Boons Farm. But you'll have to join us sometimeline.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I definitely I wn't mind doing that.
Speaker 5: If you guys are ever on the north side, that would definitely work out because what you guys are threes of three to five.
Speaker 1: Three to six. You can come out and hey, hey, listen, the cocktails or the beer whatever you like on me, buddy, on me, I'll probably.
Speaker 5: Be drinking water because I would probably have to go to one of my kids practice out there.
Speaker 4: My kids kind of rule the.
Speaker 1: Most kids, I understand it. You gotta keep in mind, I'm an incredibly bad influence and I normally get my way. Okay, I'm just going to tell you, well, you know this to be I'm I think I'm even more of a bad influence now.
Speaker 6: So hopefully you know how my Westville parents is filled like a couple of the practice after a few after a few cocktails, a Westfield travel team or fourth grade fourth grade teah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, no, I love to join you. I thoroughly love and enjoy talking sports. You know you do you always, You've always done a.
Speaker 4: Great job on air. Love coming on and chatting with you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, have a great night tomorrow night, and we'll meet up here in the future for some live shows as well. I appreciate you man, good having you back.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate you and look forward to connecting some more.
Speaker 1: That is our good friend, Marlon Jackson, the orchestrator, the greatest play in the history of the Colts. Like you guys want to debate everything, there's no debate right there. That's it. And I'm not talking about the who. I don't give two craps about the Baltimore Colts seriously, but the Indianapolis Colts. That is an easy call. Man, get me in the Skyline Club tomorrow. You may not get me out of the Skyline Club tomorrow night. That sounds like a blast. Man. We've gotta get you some tickets, kalem, get you some season tickets to win in. There you go, they're giving away tickets. Hey, Mo, you know Mo, Moe's locked in.
Speaker 2: He's already got the season tickets.
Speaker 1: John Nolan's the voice of the Fever. He joins us and they any more Automotive Group hotline. Hey, how, I don't know how much you watched the Pacers. Let's go back to not last year because that was a mess, but you go back to two. Let's see three years ago like this be now the first where we really saw the pace and the tempo and you kind of fell in love with the Pacers team and how they played, and it was so effective against teams, and you could tell how similar are the pushing of the pace offenses with the Pacers that we love and the Fever that we see going on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great point, Jambe. I think there definitely is a similarity there. And for example, last night, a team like the New York Liberty, one of the better teams in the WNBA, they simply could not keep up. They actually did a decent job the Liberty, that is in the first quarter, as the Fever were up by six at the end of one.
Speaker 3: But then it's funny.
Speaker 2: Because after the game last night, I listened to the New York Liberty postgame press conference and a reporter asked a question.
Speaker 3: I didn't think it was the smartest question in the world.
Speaker 2: But she basically asked the head coach, Hey, you know, the Fever had some runs in the second quarter and second half when Brianna Stewart was out of the game.
Speaker 3: What was your philosophy with that?
Speaker 2: And he was like, well, she's not going to play four minutes, so we got to take it on at some point. And to the credit of the Fever, they made the Liberty pay.
Speaker 3: In those windows when Stuart was out of the game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, basically that goes kind of to show you that the Liberty needed all hands on deck just to be able to keep up with what the Fever were doing last night.
Speaker 1: So with the high volume of scoring in the back court, how difficult is that you think? We see it now coming together with Kelsey Mitchell and Kaitlyn Clark, without question, but you know, having two high level scores like that in the same backcourt, how long might that take to come together? And have we seen I mentioned turning the corners or signature moments? Have we seen that now? Is that where they are the backcourt with those two?
Speaker 2: On one hand, I would say it probably would not be fair for anyone to think that they could be any better than they are, Like Kelsey and Kaitlin have both been fairly close to floor of late. That said, I actually do think that their potentially is still a ceiling for them to grow, especially like Caitlin by her own admission, and like our friend who had texted in there a little while ago. I mean, she can still bring her turnovers down, So.
Speaker 3: That's an area where they can get better. And all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, now this is two games in a row with KK Timpson in the starting lineup and Monique Billings coming off the bench, and I think it looks like this is the starting group now going forward, and with Timpson's speed as a post player getting down the floor, that kind of just again makes the Fever all the more threatening with their ability to get in transition. I mean, one thing that's been pretty pretty fun and exciting to see is that there have been a lot of times lately where if the Fever give up a shot, they are inbounding the ball and pushing so quickly that it looks like it's a fast break situation, but it's coming after the other team just scored. Yeah, they have a level, They have a gear of speed that we haven't really seen anyone else in the league, not only this season, but basically ever be able to match.
Speaker 1: Well and John. That was the edge the Pacers had too. And I've always said this, everybody wants to play, Everybody dreams of playing basketball and playing at that pace, but not everybody is built to play basketball at that pace. And then you find out, and I think we've seen most recently, especially when the offense is clicking that other teams they struggle doing just that, the outliers obviously the Vegas game that was complete end of game fubar, But I mean otherwise, you're going over a hundie and you're scoring at will, and you consistently put the pressure on the opposition from an offensive angle, which is very much like what we have witnessed with the Pacers over the past couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of aughtor that one. Again, how it's like team wide. So we probably are underappreciating the evolution of a Leah Boston. And now there is more talk and highlighting her three point shooting, literally leading the league in three point shooting around forty five percent, which is incredible, but also the fact that she can bring the ball down the court and now Not only that, but she's showing off a handle and ball handling ability to change speeds and change directions. She's sometimes even in the half court now we're seeing her like a guard kind of angle herself one way, bait the defender all of a sudden, make a quick crossover, pivot and get downhill, driving and attacking and scoring. So again, that just makes them all the more dynamic, and was building off of what you were saying there with the comparison to the Pacers. In addition to the pace, another similarity I would see though, is that it's a team that's well connected, that tighten it getting along, And I think what's really valuable is that the role players have good heads on their shoulders. They have an understanding that they are role players, and so you're not seeing anyone putting their head down, sulking that they're not leading the squad in scoring, or really overly concerned if their minutes fluctuate one game to the next. So there's that unselfish, unselfishness aspect.
Speaker 3: That I think is really vital to what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So John John Nolan here the voice of the Fever Fever and Dallas is coming up on Friday night will be at the Pivot Balcony bar with Hurst and le Montes. Before that with Boiling and Debbie Antonelli. That should be a fun time as well. John, I did want to ask you this, and I don't know how deeply you want to get into it. Obviously you weren't privy to it because you're in preparation for the game. But with what took place in the aftermath with Stephanie White before the game and then the dialogue and commentary from the players Sophie Cunningham and Caitlyn Clark after the game, what'd you think about the pre and the postgame pressers in general terms from the Fever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I feel similarly to you in terms of not quite understanding those who have come out against Stephanie and all that. And I appreciate all fans and maybe I'm weird nowadays, but I'm somebody whether we're talking about basketball or Unfortunately now sometimes this crosses over into politics. But I'm okay with differing opinions, and I'm not going to hate someone or shut someone out if we don't view things the same way. That said, you know, I'm thinking about a past failed relationship I had in which I was told the issue was that I was approaching things logically and she wanted to act out of emotion. And so I don't know, I'm having some flag to that because I just don't really understand what some fans right now might be thinking, if they've got any issues with Steph and all that. Let me just say, let me just say all that all that matters is what we heard from players like Caitlin and Sophie, that they have love for Steph, that inside the locker room they're more than good, they're really close.
Speaker 3: With each other.
Speaker 2: And I mean, I thought it was I'm really glad that Caitlyn spoke up and said that last night as a group.
Speaker 1: I wish you would do. I think if she did that more, it would squash a lot of the dialogue that's out there that's anti I wish it would. That's not that's not really her job. It's not her job John to do that. It's not her job to do that. But if if she would have said that prior to the game, let's just say, well flip it. Not that she had the opportunity, but if that were said prior to the game, you wouldn't have a similar crowd reaction during intros during the game, not that that really matters, but I love the commentary after. Had she said that, then you wouldn't have it, and maybe if she is a little bit more outspoken in defense. And I think we've learned one thing from the WNBA is. I don't know at times who leads them in pr but it seems like they're learning on the fly with a lot of things. And I think Stephanie White learned from Saturday in the postgame presser what needed to be done to try to galvanize her team. And then I think those two players after the game last night understood what needed to be done after hearing the mooing and going out and winning and knowing what has taken place, especially over the past three days. I think that you kind of learn from experiences and negativity, and I think those things had to occur along with the winning aspect of it as well, which ultimately should squash everything.
Speaker 2: Right as the team is twenty one and twelve, top four in the league, on track to have potentially the best season in regular season at least in franchise history.
Speaker 3: And yet to your point, I think there are growing pains around the league.
Speaker 2: To say the least, I am maybe naively but optimistic in my thinking that while and some have to feel this a lot more than others as far as these growing pains can personally affect them, but I do think in the end, you know what, the level of basketball, the entertainment that is out there on the court, is going to continue to be what really grows the popularity of the w NBA, of the Fever, specifically in their players, and over the course of time this stuff will well will fade away.
Speaker 1: I can. I can say this, and you can, and I respect that. But there are really about three teams that I can stand to watch and not be bored to tears, and certainly the Fever at the top of that list.
Speaker 3: Who else is on that list?
Speaker 1: For you? Minnesota Olivia Miles watching her play because she does some incredibly high level, athletically gifted things that I dig watching with the basketball.
Speaker 3: No, I'm totally with you there, and I admit some of this other.
Speaker 1: Some of this other stuff is like leading me to want to sleep for forever. But yeah, the Fever and those two things stand out to me as things I can get down with in basketball a.
Speaker 3: Couple of things.
Speaker 2: One, I would admit I have a pro Caitlin bias, and so I probably was reluctant to give Olivia Miles some of the praise understand credit that she has.
Speaker 3: Deserved as a rookie.
Speaker 2: But then when the Fever played in Minnesota a couple of weekends ago, the show that she put on, I mean that was really spectacular, and so yeah, overall, again that's a positive for the league that there are more and more players entering the w NBA who are.
Speaker 3: Just fun to watch.
Speaker 2: And I would say, now, I guess there could be subjectivity in terms of what's really as a as a team fund to watch, but I mean scoring is up around league. The only team that's up there towards the top that isn't a ton of fun would be the Golden Saint Valkyrie because they play a real slow.
Speaker 3: Grinded out, defensive oriented style.
Speaker 2: But I mean there's like the New York Liberty, last night's opponent, who are missing a couple of all star caliber players in their defense. I mean, they're only seventh in the standings right now, but I mean they've they've got some players like Sabrini and Escu, Brandon Stewart, who were.
Speaker 3: A lot of fun to watch it.
Speaker 2: I think there's just more and more talent being spread out across the league and again, over.
Speaker 3: Time, I think that's what's gonna gonna win people over well.
Speaker 1: And that's why you got to take advantage of this moment. And again that's why I felt for the sake of I think to me, I'll use this as a side note. I thought Stephanie White obviously let off some steam, but I think a lot of people are missing the mark on what needed to be said, and that was for her team that had to have happened after the past three or so days here, and that's why I had zero issue with it. And and honestly, John, I took issue with her, you know, not directly going to bet after that game on that foul from Carrington, which was a reckless foul. But she did what she had to do, and then at the same time, she wanted to let off some steam to clowns like me or maybe other people out there. I completely get it, completely understand it.
Speaker 2: Did you hear after the game on Saturday? I'm just curious, did you? Because the clip that went viral did not include this. Did you hear after the game on Saturday when she said that she thought the flagrant too was the correct call.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I think that what she did last night was to be more vehement about backing it up. I do, yeah, And I and see, that's that's the problem. We live in a world job, we live in a world where everything is lost in translation because we have the attention span of a gnat. So you've got to leave no doubt. And there's already been doubt that has been pressed upon, you know, the fans or the non fans out there, those that just want to have an opinion on it. So I think you've got to go like she did last night. That's why I completely understood why she felt she needed to go the extra mile, and I thought measured message to our team delivered. And at the same time, she's putting up with a lot of crap and she wanted to get back and tell people out there how she felt. I have no problem with it. You have to be the softest of the soft to have a significant issue with that.
Speaker 3: Yep, no disagreement.
Speaker 2: And I would just say, and I know this is a losing cause for me to maybe try to reason with anyone who's is not seeing things this way.
Speaker 3: But I just one thing that I found.
Speaker 2: Ironic about the push against Steph after Saturday, with the claim that she didn't support her player in that case, Sophie Enough. On Saturday she got a technical foul immediately after Caitlin got that erroneous technical foul, the one that was later rescinded. That's just a small example of how she does back her players. But it's just a no win situation, I think, because and unfortunately it's just's I want to say, it is what it.
Speaker 4: Is, what it is.
Speaker 1: No and these are my words and not yours, because you're in a different situation than I. But it is always going to be with this group, They're going to win not because of her, but lose because of her. But what ultimately matters, what the cure all is is twenty one and twelve and reaching expectations and exactly what Caitlin Clark mentioned after the game, where there are moments in this season where you just have to do and that's what they did last night, and that's what is going to be the ultimate decider as you go into the future, is the outcome and the results of this year on the floor, that's what matters the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's just say though this is still kind of the only team I've ever followed, or even when they win it, some people are.
Speaker 1: And because it's also followed by a loss for words sometimes no yeahah, And that's okay because there are a lot of nut jobs that are involved in this too. So you know that muddies the water when you end up getting you know, the verbal drifting that goes on and and things like that, when when you keep it in basketball in team terms, is easier to do that. So you know, as you know your situation, you're able to do that. Here, you've got to sift through so much stupidity that it drives you nuts when all you really want to do is evaluate the situation via coaching decisions or what takes place on the basketball floor, which is the right way to do it and is the way that Caitlin Clark talks about doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so just off of that, I would say, you know, credit to the fever, they have gotten better over the course of the season. Now, two consecutive wins Friday nights would be an awesome game because you got a Dallas team that beat them, remember opening Day in a shootout. That Dallas team had I think by most analyst expectations been ahead of schedule in the early part of the season with their young core of Page Beckers and then Easy Fudd is the top pick this year. They had been in the top four of the standings going into the All Star break.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, they're on a skid.
Speaker 2: So they're going to be coming into the Fieldhouse on Friday night playing with an edge, playing with urgency. Pretty sure the game will wind up being sold out. It's getting close to it already, so it should be a fantastic environment. And again I appreciate all Fever fans and all WNBA fans. I mean, there's probably gonna be some fans coming out because Page Beckers might be their favorite player or Easy Fud, and so just looking forward to to a fun atmosphere on Friday. And it's also making it all the more important for the Fevers. You got pretty audacious five game road trip on Yck after that, starting on Sunday out Atlanta, They're going to be crisscrossing the country, even going north into Canada for the first time against Toronto, so all the more reason to get it done on Friday at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, basketball wise and John to close out with the voice of the Fever, John Nolan on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline is the one thing that I can't get beyond. And it looks like defensively and rebounding and turnovers and fouling, they're all improving in those categories, but there's still that one thing. And I know that every team that gets down makes a run, but they always seem to leave that door open, and we saw that cost them against Vegas, and that's the Loane thing that really worries me about everything that's going on is the consistency of going through long stretches to where you look like the superior team, but you let an inferior team hang around and hang around way too long. That is a concern of mine.
Speaker 2: No, that's very valid because it's and it's something the team has acknowledged, because yeah, that's been an issue out there out the year. Hopefully from a Fever point of view, some progress made there. Last night they got off by twenty one.
Speaker 3: It sort of felt a little bit like deja vous again.
Speaker 2: Liberty made it a single digit game, but once they got it to nine, then the Fever responded with another run themselves and really did put them away and they were never actually threatened in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: So I hope they can build off of that going forward.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that I've joked that while it's not ideal for the team, it has made for more dramatic and fun broadcasts on our side of things, and probably, you know, for better or worse, makes it more fun for any listeners or viewers with these games.
Speaker 3: In a lot of cases coming down to the last.
Speaker 1: Possession, I want to I just don't want to see him whip ass consistently. Oh that's just me, So I know what you're looking for, but I just want to entertaining me. Yeah, is putting a team down and keeping the team down. So hopefully hopefully they can learn for that. Twenty one to twelve in the season, the Fever get Dallas coming up on Friday night at Gamebridge Field House, and you can listen right here the voice of the Fever, John Nolan, on the Andy Moore Auto Montive Group Potline. John, I appreciate your pal, No, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: In the end, Like I said, I think a lot of growing pains around the league, but optimistic for the future and in the shorter term here. Definitely optimistic about the fever peaking, going down the stretch here of the season and having a fun finish in the regular season and the playoffs. And yeah, thanks to all the fans out there, regardless of point of view. Awesome to see close to a salad again at the field House last night, even.
Speaker 3: With school back.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother, I appreciate you, all right, Yes, do.
Speaker 3: I get an invite to crash with Debian?
Speaker 1: What are you too? You know I am. I am the self proclaimed biggest fan of Debbie Antonelli. I'm a big fan, so I'm gonna be like I'm gonna be like a giddy little school girl on Friday, although I'll probably be a drinking I'll be a drinking, giddy little school girl, but yeah, I'll be. I'll be because I like her. I like her and her breakdown. I like Bria too, Don't get me wrong, but I've always been a big fan of Debbie Antonelle. I like listening to what she has to say, and I think she breaks it down and explains it as well as anybody. Anybody, certainly in that league and much better than Miaka Mcnuttbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well no, in all seriousness, Debbie is underappreciated from a national perspective, one of the first UH women's basketball analysts who then has been a basketball analyst for the men's March Madness and regular season men's games over the years as well. So she's one of the best in the business, I mean, and she has been recognized being on national TV for a few decades with the Fever now for more than a.
Speaker 3: Couple of decades.
Speaker 2: So yeah, whenever you get a chance to catch Debbie and Pat and Kelsey on a broadcast, that's tremendous, And we appreciate anyone.
Speaker 1: Well, you slide by to you're more than you're Hey, We'll get hey. We'll get you all looped up and ready to go for that broadcast.
Speaker 2: Pal, come on, Yeah, that'll make it more fun for sure. But will I got you for a postgame postgame mix?
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, pal, John Nolan on the anymore on a moniproop potline,