Speaker 1: It is time for man law violation Mondays with special K.
Speaker 2: What up? K, that's right, what up?
Speaker 3: The best way to start a new week is with some good old toxic masculinity. I love it, and give you a little taste of it right now, and remind you that the Man Lost Book, My Man Loss Book is available on Amazon right now. Just put in a Man Lost special K to pop right up and uh yeah, you can go on to get that. But let's start with some of these man laws for this week. At some point in a man's life, you need to be able to look back at something you did and say, you know, I really could have died doing that.
Speaker 2: Right. Think about that for a minute. You're a man.
Speaker 4: You need to be able to look back at something to say, boy, I could have died.
Speaker 2: Gary, you had a landscaping business. You used to cut grassty I sure did. That was my first job. I used to love to cut yours.
Speaker 1: And you never got to buy a snake or came across a snake.
Speaker 5: Of that, well, mosquites used to buy manh yeah, but but but no but he okay, But as for a snake, you did something adventure when you slung that pot of chill across the back of the restaurant of that windows, and they called the police on you and took you to jail.
Speaker 2: I said, well, I didn't done more than that.
Speaker 1: Well, but anyway, stole out of the galleria in Houston. That's why they that's why they put chains on all the clothes.
Speaker 5: But the most interesting ideas, man, that really still affects me sometimes when I had that bottle of dish washing.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, right, okay, well I don't quite know, but the dish washing.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's here's here's another man. Lord at some point, Oh oh, I just read that one. You can never let another grown man mush you in the forehead without a violent immediate response. So you mushing me in my forehead, that's worse than being slapped getting mushed on another man? Come on now, speaking of fighting, you can never fight another man if either one of.
Speaker 2: Y'all is naked. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did that situation even pop up?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Wrestling?
Speaker 3: Well, no, it could happen if you're taking a shower at home and somebody breaking your house and he come in and attack you in the shower.
Speaker 1: But he's breaking your.
Speaker 3: Whole a whole I've been thinking about and speaking of fighting and speaking it could happen, and speaking of fighting, if you fighting another dude, and and some people might disagree with this because they say anything goes and loving war, but if you fight another dude and you accidentally hit him in the jewels, you gotta back up and give them time to get itself together.
Speaker 2: You don't you hit him in his jewels, You better you got it back.
Speaker 4: There's a little bit of honor in war.
Speaker 2: Fight.
Speaker 3: And finally, okay, telling y'all, I'm just telling y'all.
Speaker 4: Now, how about this one.
Speaker 3: If another man gets your wife pregnant, you cannot get mad at him unless y'all know each other.
Speaker 2: Wait, you can't get mad at him. You got to get mad at him.
Speaker 1: You gotta get you get mad at him if you know him, and that if you know.
Speaker 4: Him, you yeah, you can get mad at him.
Speaker 1: But if you don't know him, and you got to be mad at her though, yeah you mad, you mad at him, but then you.
Speaker 2: You cutting in her. Yeah that's great.
Speaker 4: How long you stay with after that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they's it's a lot to do this. We got that what they call it, uh, Kevin Sam, you just call it.
Speaker 2: What was that word? No? No, yeah, simple simple.
Speaker 4: How long do you stay with your wife after you get pregnant by another dude? I'm just party you.
Speaker 2: You crazy as hell. Ain't no way sitting up here. And then he got to keep coming over there and pick up the baby. Everybody, man, that's that's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you say you should love her through that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean mistaken women doing thank you, the mistakes happened.
Speaker 2: It was a mistake that she've had and got pregnant.
Speaker 4: M I'm gonna leave it today. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: And he just remember that one night he came home with the back of some of the back of I half pulled up.
Speaker 6: Entertaining.
Speaker 3: On the freaking smilening morning, shouting right here, athlete's good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Ricky. It's Monday, August third. Here's what's going on in the news. The North Carolina sentence is sparking outrage.
Speaker 6: Jason Anthony Scott admitted.
Speaker 7: Driving more than one hundred miles per hour in a forty five mile per hour zone before running a red light and crashing into another car, killing lorn Manly and her mother, Gloria, and seriously injuring Lauren's twelve year old daughter. Scott pleaded guilty to two counts of involuntary manslaughter and assault with the deadly weapon, but will serve just six months in jail, followed by three years of probation. Now, for comparison, someone convicted of non violent drug trafficking offenses where nobody's died in North Carolina can face a mandatory minimum of twenty.
Speaker 6: Five months in prison.
Speaker 7: That's more than four times Scott's chill term, and he's killed two people. So that leaves a lot of people asking how can a crash that kill two people result in only six months behind Brian.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know.
Speaker 7: In other news, Ricky a major development in Nolan Wells investigation, but not one that we were expecting. Authorities arrested twenty seven year old California resident Joseph de Mars, who is accused of sending a bomb and death threat through Facebook to Mississippi judge Ashley Cole. Cole is the stepmother of one of Wells's friends who was on the Horn Island trip. In a separate case, prosecutors say Cincinnati resident Michelle Francine Edwards made twenty nine threatening calls to two Mississippi government offices, including bomb threats that triggered a building lockdown in the K nine suite.
Speaker 4: Despite those arrests, it's.
Speaker 7: Important to note that no one has been charged in connection with Nolan Wells death.
Speaker 6: In other news, Health Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 7: Kennedy Junior is now telling parents to vaccinate their kids against measles, calling the MMR vaccine highly effective. Parents should get their children vaccinated from measles.
Speaker 2: AMS. Vaccine is effective. It stops me at about.
Speaker 4: Ninety seven percent of the cases.
Speaker 2: People should get vaccinated. What sounds like he's say inside a washing.
Speaker 7: Machine, right, But Ricky, people are wondering should we believe RFK the vaccine skeptic or RFK the health secretary Because that's a pretty big shift from the guy who spent years questioning vaccines and becoming the face of vaccine skepticism.
Speaker 2: That's how you talk when you riding the bubble.
Speaker 7: Calls for the ever upon these stories and more got Ricky'smolyly Morning Show dot com.
Speaker 4: Now Here is a look at sports.
Speaker 3: Rocky the sports genius is in the building. All right, man, listen, if y'all ain't watching the WNBA, y'all something the matter with you, Man, it was let me talk about this game yesterday Indiana Fever and at Minnesota Lynx. It was full of just excitement, full of dogs. Man Kelsey Mitchell dropped thirty seven points. Man Minnesota won the game. But Olivia Miles rookie sensation. She's gonna get the Rookie of the Year this year.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: She had twenty eight points. Olivia Miles is like the Magic Johnson in the league. She's Chelsea Grade two point zero. She's a human highlight reel Minnesota Lynx point guard Olivia Miles, go check out. If you ain't seen it yet, dog go it. In the meantime, Peter's still talking about the big ESPN layoffs a couple of weeks ago, including Cam Newton, Cam Oh Cam who was one of the people that was let go from ESPN, and he wanted to express his feelings about the Ryan Clark firing.
Speaker 8: Like Ryan Clark was brought to his knees in front of the world when he said certain things that I couldn't be too black, could fun to disrespect and essence saying I'm not.
Speaker 2: Able to be me.
Speaker 3: I hated that, and even Tom when certain people say kim bro you're doing too much.
Speaker 6: Dog kid.
Speaker 2: Why you dressing the way you dress?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 8: Kill?
Speaker 9: Why your hair the way you grow on your hair.
Speaker 3: I hated that Ryan Clark got bought to embarrassment and shame in front of the world numerous.
Speaker 2: Times, and he spoke about it. I loved that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's speaking up.
Speaker 3: He's speaking up for Ryan man.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. And he was one of the ones that got fired too.
Speaker 4: But you know what you gonna do, man, it's if you hire people, you should.
Speaker 3: Be able to understand that you're hiring who they are, like whatever can what comes along with them, you know. So, hey, man, this thing is not watering down at all. That's my quick sports report right there. Bratt got the hotspot right now.
Speaker 6: Drop it like a hard, drop it like it's hard. Catch me at the hot spot.
Speaker 2: This is the all of at. Aren't your time at a hot spot?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 2: Bratton?
Speaker 9: What up?
Speaker 7: Ricky?
Speaker 6: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 10: I'm your girl, Brat Tattat and this is the hot spot. But we bring you music, movies and more. So let's get on off into it, well, y'all. Marseille Martin is betting on gen Z voters to turn out for the mid term elections. With less than one hundred days until the November mid term elections, actress Marseille Martin isn't just asking young people to vote, She's asking them to believe that voting is still worth it. She's twenty one years old and she just became co chair of When We All Vote, the voter organization founded by Michelle Obama.
Speaker 6: This is awesome. Her decision comes at.
Speaker 10: A moment when many young Americans are exhausted by issues like politics, inflation, and immigration, while feeling like their voices really don't matter. Marseille says, our generation is constantly told we're the future, but the truth is, our future.
Speaker 6: Is happening right now.
Speaker 10: We're navigating rising costs, worrying about ice in our neighborhoods, thinking about reproductive health care, climate change, and the kinds of communities we want to live in. We're full on adulting right now. But the good news is we can do more than just post about it. We can vote about it. So about fifty million Gen Z voters will be eligible to vote this year, making them one of the country's largest voting blocks.
Speaker 6: So congratulations go out to Marseille Martin. For doing that.
Speaker 10: That is amazing to be her age and be so committed to making a difference and having the young people vote. All right, y'all, moving on, prayers up for Tyres. He made a post on Instagram asking his supporters for prayer. He admitted he's feeling overwhelmed and at his breaking point. He wrote, stretch your hands out, please and.
Speaker 6: Pray for me. I really feel discouraged and feel like I'm about to lose my mind.
Speaker 10: He explained that while many people see the public version of his life, he's been quietly dealing with intense personal struggles and has overwhelmed, deeply stressed, been overwhelmed and deeply stressed, and being pushed to his limits, adding that the pressure has been mentally, emotionally, psychologically, and financially. He also said, most of the time I smiled my way through whatever I'm carrying, but right now I'm empty, I'm depleted. My soul is tired, and he has an answer for money or material help. He just needs prayer, covering, love, positive energy, and genuine support.
Speaker 6: So let's say some prayers.
Speaker 1: Church with some good genuine people, man, and you go down to that altar and get on your knees and surrender yourself. Man, and you get you need to go down to doctor Davison church. I was feeling in the same way sitting in the back of that church. Uh, next next to next to miss Miss Wigs.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 1: And Doctor Davison said, man, come on down, come, And Ricky just told me to come in front of the whole church and he called every path to every deacon and man.
Speaker 2: That man prayed for me, put his hand on my head. I never forget.
Speaker 1: I'll take it to my grade. That man prayed for me until he was swimming and hit my nose and his nose was running.
Speaker 2: I ain't never had.
Speaker 1: Nobody pray for me like that, And I felt like when he did that, something broke. I felt like I began to heal. Like that moment, I felt so much lighter. Yeah, Missionary Baptis Church for Loud of Deal Floyda, Doctor Marcus Davison, I tell everybody that story. I'll never forget how I was sitting back there feeling that Sunday, just trying to go about my day and something was so heavy. I guess he felt it. You know, that's what brothers. Brothers do and stuff. Man, that man praying for me. I'll never ever forget every time I think about it, to make me cry to this day.
Speaker 10: God will see somebody you will Yeah, he will, yes, when you need it.
Speaker 6: So I'm sure and he's.
Speaker 1: Good and he all the time walk with you, and he don't walk, hold your hand and walk you through.
Speaker 2: Whatever he going through, he will carry you through. Just believe, believe yes, man, were praying for my brother, dear brother. We love Tyres.
Speaker 6: Absolutely all right, y'all.
Speaker 10: Were gonna wrap up the hospital on that note, but if you miss any part of the show, make sure you check us out on the Rickie Smiley Morning Show podcast available wherever you get your podcasts, and you can catch me on my social media at so So Bretch Don.
Speaker 2: This Monday time for the State of Black America.
Speaker 1: In this morning, we have the current president of the National Urban League, Mark Morriale. Hey, good morning months to Mark. We happy to have you and I know it's a lot going on in Black America.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Ricky, and this is Mark Morale once again with the State of Black America.
Speaker 2: Nolan Wells. He was eighteen.
Speaker 9: He went out on a boat with friends on the fourth of July and never came home. Daniel Irving was eighteen, He went swimming with friends in April and never came home. Kylas Smith was eighteen. He died of a gunshot whom the same week Nolan disappeared, and the official account doesn't sit right with the people who loved him. Three families, three sons, three months, three young black men. One question none of them can get a straight answer to is what actually happened to my child? So that's why I joined ben Company's families last week at our annual conference in nash Field. Because the National Urban League investigates scrowning.
Speaker 2: Not because we.
Speaker 9: Investigate drawnings or gunshot wounds.
Speaker 2: We don't, but because.
Speaker 9: We recognize the pattern underneath the particulars when a young black life ends under circumstances that don't add up, and the instinct of the system is to close the file rather than to open the investigation. That is not a private tragedy, it's a public warning light. The focus may be us, but the impact is not just us. We will stand alongside these families and fight until truth and justice comes out. The honest answer is that we don't know what happens, but our advocacy and our standing with these families is something we must all be vigilant about. We must keep an eye on these cases now. Our State of Black America Report was also released last year in Nashville, and I want you to go to NUL dot org and download a copy of that report and our Consumer Report. Next week i'll talk more about the report, but for this week, we want to keep the focus on these three families, three three sons, Nolan Wells, todllers Smith as well as Daniel Ewing. We are going to keep Daniel irving. That is, we're going to keep our focus on these three sons, these three families and stand with Ben Crump and all the lawyers who are working to achieve justice for them. This is a State of Black America once again. Follow me across all social media at Mark Morial and at Matt Urbanlya, and I'll see you next week on the radio.