Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of the Frame Second Podcast. I am your house for the evening. My name is Mike. Next to me, I have Rob next to me, I have Spike, Spike, I have Ken. We were talking about the new movie Together, which I did not write down who directed it, but we'll get to that in a minute. Let's go ahead and go around the room. Uh, Spike, where'd you think of Together?
Speaker 3: It was entertaining until what until it got too like ridiculous. They did a good job of like when you wonder what was going on starting with the dogs and like, okay, I I was just gonna play out and then it just like fell off a cliff, like a quarte, like a third through. It's like, what the fuck is happening right now?
Speaker 2: So okay, Yeah, so it doesn't sound like it had a really good review from you.
Speaker 4: Ken, What did you think of Together?
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: It was it was slow in parts, you know, questions about certain things and how they were going to do this that I felt like they took a manute to get to the stuff I wanted to see, But overall.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: You know, the version or adjacent to human centipede or something like that, you know, adjacent to what it's probably a human centerph gotcha, m.
Speaker 2: I got things that I got, things that it's very similar to, but that didn't come up.
Speaker 1: On mind, not that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, if y'all listening patrons, please vote for Spike to watch.
Speaker 6: Human Centipede and Rod. What did you think of together? No, this is good, man, I enjoyed this one. It was disturbing in moments, but it was a good disturbing thing.
Speaker 1: But not Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this this ultimately was good.
Speaker 6: This is good. I walked away like, Nah, that was good. That was pretty fucking That's how I felt.
Speaker 1: Face.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was well.
Speaker 2: The movie is directed by Michael Shanks and written by Michael Shanks. Stars Dave Franco and Alison Bree.
Speaker 4: I really liked it. I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: This was a movie that I won't say I was necessarily looking forward to, but after fucking up and watching the fucking trailer, which I shouldn't have watched, I liked it.
Speaker 4: I liked it a lot.
Speaker 2: I am a little tired of the metaphor heavy horror movies. Uh, I feel like this is becoming a little bit too much of a thing, and it's getting to be a little annoying to where it's like, bruh, I just want to see some really fucked up shit. It doesn't have to have some fucking message. But I think this was pretty well done. And Spike's looking at me like, I don't know what the message was, but.
Speaker 6: We will, we will, we will get to and westalled the messages and maybe no one got the message.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but we'll see. It did remind me y'all talked about. It reminded me of that movie that we saw with a Debbie Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the substance that was That was when it was all. I feel like this was a mixture of Midsommer, the Substance and this movie Possession. I feel like I don't feel like this was a super original movie, but that's fine. I just thought it was still pretty well done. But when I saw the monster, I was like, oh, that looks exactly like the substance.
Speaker 4: Okay, and the thing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't even think about the substance.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I didn't either.
Speaker 6: I didn't either.
Speaker 2: But body horror is definitely becoming the new hotness for Hollywood. So yeah, It definitely reminded me a lot.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was crazy, all right.
Speaker 2: Well it starts out with people are looking for a lost couple, but we end up showing these two dogs, and after the dogs drink some water in a cave, they end up fusing together. So spike was a good start. Yeah, it was really mysterious.
Speaker 3: So I was like, Okay, nice opening to give me, you know, some something to work with throughout the movie as to what's going to be happening, and like what was in the water?
Speaker 4: Had it happen to the dog? So it piqued my interest in the beginning.
Speaker 5: So the one dog, the black dog, was scared, but he drunk the water too, didn't it?
Speaker 4: So oh see you didn't get it. We don't get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah because so.
Speaker 5: But the other dog was just freaking funk out and uh and and was even merging into that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: But he should have ran. That's what you should. But you see, if I see too much, he should have shot them down.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: I would have definitely shot them, Bro probably did looking at it. Yeah, shot him before they were staring at each other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, why would you have shot him before that? All they were doing was just standing around staring. That's he's not strange for a dog.
Speaker 4: They never steal like that, though. It's always if they in each other's presence, is always some type of interaction. It seems like I would have thought something was wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta put them down, bro Man, stop it.
Speaker 4: Rod. It's a cool start. Yeah, it's absolutely a cool start.
Speaker 6: But this is this is why I wish I hadn't saw the part of the trailer, but I couldn't avoid it because it was some of the movies that I had wanted to see, So I already knew what was kind of what was happening, but it would have been cool not to know what the fuck was gonna happen, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But it still was. It was a really good opener.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I would have walked in completely blind this movie.
Speaker 1: I really knew, but this part wasn't a trailer, right it was.
Speaker 2: The dogs weren't, but them fusing together was in the trailer. I wish they wouldn't have done that because the second one I saw the dogs, I was like, oh, well, I know how this is gonna end, so yeah, I gotta just stop I got to the point I'm only watching half the trailers, but even half the trailers giving away because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this trailer they were they were marketing this one heavy going. It was definitely earlier, but yeah, it was hard to avoid it.
Speaker 4: I couldn't miss this one. This one is everywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start getting to the theater and I'm gonna put my stuff down and then I'm gonna go. I did that back out the door and just waiting until the ship is over. But yeah, next we meet Tim played by James Franco and Milly played by Alison Brie, who is actually a real life couple, but yeah, there are a couple who have been dating for a while. It seems that Tim is the the more financially dependent one and Millie's the bread winner.
Speaker 4: Spike, what do you think about that proposal? So cringe?
Speaker 3: I was saying, I was second hand embarrassed for like it's I don't know why her friend didn't tell her that was.
Speaker 1: A bad idea, Like I propose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like her friend kind of edged it on and it just didn't seem like a good idea. He seemed like the type of guy based off the little small introduction that we had his character that will respond that way. He didn't seem like he was the type that would in front of all those people be like, yes, married me after your woman just got down on one year proposed?
Speaker 4: I think that was ring cringe. Huh no, ring with no ring, just the heart? What was that thought? That's the that's the other I thought it was how the kids do the hard thing. I think she was pretending that it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got the box. So what that was? That proposal cringe to you?
Speaker 6: I mean, I've been seeing it seems it seemed like it's becoming more normalized.
Speaker 4: I've been seeing it on I think so women proposing. Yeah, I've been seeing it on social media lately.
Speaker 1: I thought, you're talking about this.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I've never seen so that part wasn't cringe to me.
Speaker 4: I was just like it was just more so like, oh, dang, he about that.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like I can kind of see that coming, like he wasn't gonna be accepting of it like that. So, yeah, it was it was just what it was is Dave Frank and jamesco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look alike.
Speaker 2: I was trying to figure out who he looked like throughout the whole movie, and he looks like his brother. All right, Well, yeah, I I thought it was. It was cringe as well. But what you're getting from that is like, these two people are very different. She obviously more outgoing, he's more kind of reserved. But I feel like he didn't immediately say yes because the situation was embarrassing for you.
Speaker 4: It doesn't want that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Well, it was awkward, like you're in the middle of like But I think the thing is though, bro, just say yeah, I didn't have that out later.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's his that's his personality.
Speaker 4: He's probably not.
Speaker 2: He doesn't seem to be quick thinking, and that shit was emasculating for him.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say it already seemed like their relationship was emasculating because people already had these like perceptions of that she's been taken care of him and she was the leader of the relationship. I mean, but in front of a room full of people and everybody know, Yeah, that's what I think too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess he feels emasculated.
Speaker 2: And then for you to do that in front of a group full of people, especially right after you just got clowned by her brother.
Speaker 4: That was too much for him. So yeah, he already.
Speaker 2: Feels inadequate because he doesn't make any money, like I've never had that situation. But actually no, I've never had the stuation where in tastes care of me. But my girl makes more money than me, way more. I don't mind, though, I've.
Speaker 1: Never had a wrong with that. You know, whatever that make more.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what I'm saying. As long as you're still coming home to business, I'm straight.
Speaker 2: But yeah, So while digging through their new house, Tim finds a rat or a group of rats in the ceiling. So, Spike, what did you think about this part?
Speaker 3: What they merged together? I couldn't tell. They had their tails tied together. It was interesting, and I'm glad that she asked him how he knew to look for that, and then the story that he gave, which I gotta I got questions about. But I thought that was pretty cool and still was interested in what was going on with him finding it there and what it was going to me.
Speaker 5: I never would have thought to look up there at all, so that ship was weird. But at this point I was like, damn, the is what was in that that water starting to seep out into the rest of the unity and the rats that ate it. Therefore, at some point that's how they're going to end up being infected.
Speaker 1: With it as well. Or that's what I thought happened, you know, with the rats. But that was weird, Rob.
Speaker 2: What'd you think about the little rat swastika?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought because that came that came after the dogs, right, yes, yeah, so I thought like, yeah, because rats be in sewage and water and shit, they probably got ahold of the.
Speaker 4: Same shit and somehow merged the same way.
Speaker 6: So that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought this part was really interesting. They do explain why he was able to find the rats later, but I guess nobody's ever seen this, but this is called a rat king, and this is an actual thing that happens. It's just very rare to where you know, rats will get in very tight spaces and their tails might end up getting caught up, where their hair might end up getting caught up. But it's kind of a thing that some scientists say this, this is impossible. Then other scientists say, well, no, it does happen. It just doesn't happen a lot. But there's like it's like a phenomenon. It's called ratten Koonig in Germany. But yeah, so the fact that he found that and pulled it out. I'm still not sure if this had anything to do with the water in the cave or if this has more to do with the story that he tells later that we'll get to. So I'm actually not sure about this part. But what did y'all think of Jamie's start with you, Spike? Jamie was the friend, the friend, but the other guy at the school teacher the yeah, the other teacher creepy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just about to say that he gave creep vibes.
Speaker 3: I couldn't really place my finger on what was going on with him or if she was just like kind of attracted to him. So that's how they were trying to like portray him to have more like intrigue and stuff to his characters. So I couldn't tell if he was just a creep or if she liked him. But I did like the change of pace with his character though, like it broke away from him near of him at her, and.
Speaker 4: Just they whole thing battled in their relationship. I thought he was interesting when he first popped up on his screen.
Speaker 5: I thought they did a really good job with him overall, and how they made it seem like he was attracted to her. So and yeah, I do agree that I think they needed somebody in there. He was creepy. He did seem initially somewhat innocent, and you know, so, yeah, I thought it was interesting having him in it as well.
Speaker 1: Because that's what I thought. I thought he liked her, the he was going to try to push up on her.
Speaker 4: You get the same thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, I knew he was going to be tied to this whole thing that was that was going on. Just I don't know, he was that creepy. I was like, something, he's tied to this somehow. And the giveaway for me don't if. I don't know if this happened at this point or not, but when she came to ring his doorbell, he had like a bill, and I was like, I bet just the same fucking bill that's.
Speaker 4: In the in the damn cave or whatever. Yeah, that was way later.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, it wasn't waylater, but it wasn't. They hadn't revealed it yet, no, yeah, yeah, yeah, So but now, even before that moment, I figured he was tied to it. So I'm going through the whole movie like just thinking, Okay, when is it gonna reveal that he's he's tied to this. So I immediately thought that it didn't that part if they were trying to fool me, that it didn't work because I always assumed he was a part of it.
Speaker 4: I assumed he was evil.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know how evil, and I couldn't tell if there was flirtation.
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure what was going on.
Speaker 2: I thought this was gonna end up being like a jealousy thing because he liked his girl or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: I definitely thought he was he was fucking weird. But so, while on a hike the next day, they fall into a cave and they decided to stay in there and wait out the storm.
Speaker 4: But while they're in there, they drink.
Speaker 2: They drink the water, which seems kind of dumb, but because you know, anybody that's ever been on hikes or you know, watched nature shows, you don't walk, you don't drink still water.
Speaker 4: You can drink running water.
Speaker 6: So I don't know why you would think going up in a cave drinking some water was a.
Speaker 4: Good idea, but they did.
Speaker 2: But Spike, did you take anything from the story that Tim tells about his father and the smell in the room and how that led into.
Speaker 4: The story about his parents? I was lost.
Speaker 3: The story was interesting, and I was That's what I wanted to hear from y'all in the sense of what did he mean when he was saying it? Because I got the part about the rats and how that triggered him to look for him, and he said he'd been sitting there with cooking flesh or whatever it may be. But I didn't understand the second part about the parrot who was dying, Like I missed something pulled out my phone. I don't know what I missed, but I didn't get what that story meant.
Speaker 4: Can you want to put him on the what he might have missed?
Speaker 5: No, because I wasn't thinking about it that deep. Honestly, I thought they were just adding stuff in it to make the movie creepy and to prolong the movie.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Yeah, So did you get anything from it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean so, I guess just ties to the whole overall theme about like because his mother was was Uh, it's almost like she she was willing to live with the husband even even in this state or something like that, right, Like she was she was that connected with him to a degree or whatever, like she was living with his corpse. So right, and I got.
Speaker 1: That crazy Yeah yeah yeah hm.
Speaker 6: So so yeah. I feel like that's tied to the overall theme anyway. But what he was actually sounding specific about it, I.
Speaker 2: Was just saying, what did y'all think about the story either one of the stories that he told, what was the other story? I know the story was about the smell in his room, and then there was a story about him finding his parents.
Speaker 6: I know about the smell in his room. That's when he walked in on his mom. The story before that, you knew, that's the one I can remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, story he smelled the like, so he smell his dad smelled it. There was a dead rat in the ceiling of his room, and his dad kept saying, like, why is there this smell? It's disgusting. He was tearing his room apart, and Tim was like, I don't smell anything. I don't know what you're talking about. And then they end up discovering that, Yeah, there's been a dead rat in the ceiling and it's just been up here baking because it's close.
Speaker 4: To the life picture or whatever.
Speaker 2: I guess, But that that bag is the question why didn't Tim smell it? And it's just funny because you know, if you think about it, if somebody else walks in your house, they'll be like, man, it smells in here.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: And you're like, I don't know what you're talking about. The longer you're around to smell, you don't smell it anymore.
Speaker 4: You just get used to it. You come a noseblind. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nose blind, so you don't smell anything when it's in your own house or your own room. But Tim specifically says that when his dad died and his mom didn't get up out of the bed, he smelled it and when he opened the door, it was so bad that he almost tasted it. And it's like, I think that this goes to a metaphor of like or how relationships go. But we'll talk about that later later on. But when you're talking about the mother, I think what I took away is that the mother staying in the bed with the dead father shows how Tim views codependency when it comes to relationships, because he keeps having this nightmare of the mom is just sitting there staring at him, smiling, while his dad's bloated carcass is just laying there. And that kind of goes to what we experienced later when it comes to how Tim and Millie interact.
Speaker 4: So how does that.
Speaker 2: Relate to the rat Well, you know, if you look at the relationship and your your relationship is fucked up and it's staying fucked up, but you don't notice it because you've been in it for so long, and then when you separate from it, then you're like, oh, yeah, it was kind of fucked up, wasn't it. Ken's not following this, like his mom was looking at the door and I found that dead dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as soon as you start talking, I put it all together. I just I just wanted to see him fuse together. I wasn't even trying to look at them think about of that deep. I'll just get to the part where they just started merging together. Because at this point, Mike like, I'm like his wife or his girlfriend. I'm like, bro, you are sorry as fucking hell. Bro, Like, what the fuck are you doing? It's raining as hell and you want to stay in the cave. You don't know how to build a fucking fire at all.
Speaker 1: She had to do that. Shit, she he was depending on her. He is sorry as shit.
Speaker 5: And then you know, accompass, you know, and your idea is like, oh, we're just gonna stay here in this cave overnight asleep instead of climbing out going back to.
Speaker 1: The house where it's dry. Get man, bro, your dumb ass bro.
Speaker 7: Thank you for listening to the frames per Second podcast with pressing play today. Taking time out of your day meant so much to us. But if you were like even more content, head over to patreon dot com forward slash frames per Second, where you can decide between two tiers, our Director's Cut tier and our Bootleg tier and make the decision on what kind of power you would like to have as a patron. If you would just like exclusive content, you can join our Bootleg tier where you gain different things that we review along with the random and ratchet watchables.
Speaker 4: But if you would like even more.
Speaker 7: Power in the decisions that's made, you can nominate at the Director's Cut tier on the discussion the film and the solo reviews that we put up.
Speaker 4: So head over to.
Speaker 7: Patreon dot com and gain access to even more things that we're doing. We would love to have you become a part of our community and if you just want to peek in, become a free member and see the things that we are offering on our feed and we look forward to having you over there.
Speaker 2: Well, while they're in the cave, they wake up and after getting their leg unstuck, they go back to the house and Tim gives Millie a massage. Rod, where'd you think about this massage?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, that ship was was crazy. I was just waiting for the moment that the fingers kind of started going deeper into it back.
Speaker 4: But now that was that was good.
Speaker 6: The tensity of that was good because he kind of like was like not passed out, but you know what I'm saying, just kind of wasn't aware of what he was doing or whatever. So at first she was just like, okay, ship, you know, is fucking hurting or whatever. But but nah, Yeah, I thought even before that, when it with the whole leg shit, I thought the graphics on that ship was was really good. When they separated at the legs, I was like, oh, that's okay, here we go get into the ships kind of like with Ki's saying let's just get to it or whatever. But but no, I thought that was an interesting part. I didn't really look too much more into it.
Speaker 5: I was really trying to figure out how the hell they're gonna do until this whole story because and maybe it happened quicker for the dolls, but they were smaller, you know, because I'm like, man, this ship was overnight with the dolls, at least I thought it was, and with them it was taking a little bit longer. So that was one thought. But yeah, seeing this this was actually dope. The thing I was thinking about it was like, Okay, we saw that there was like a scar on the legs and they did ever they that, like that ship didn't even happen, Like, did y'all just forget y'all legs refused together? Did y'all not even see all the damn open wounds? And y'all not gonna talk about that ship?
Speaker 1: Like what did he say?
Speaker 4: He thought it was mildew?
Speaker 8: Mild Well, he's a sorry piece of ship, so yeah he wouldn't, he said, I wouldn't know what mildew is this, I don't even know what is it?
Speaker 1: Like like anybody in a smart mind.
Speaker 5: No, no, never mind damn, but either way, I go yeah, So again just me thinking too hard.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, bro, that's ship looked like it hurt rot.
Speaker 5: I don't know why y'all at like, y'all leg ain't sore the rest of the move, What.
Speaker 4: Did you get from it?
Speaker 3: Spike the massage, I was like them, like, Okay, now they're finna get to it. I thought it was gonna just from there, but it was I didn't. I found it interest seeing how they were able to prolong his story. We knew what was coming, like, we knew what was going to happen. So that is one of the bright spots of the movie for me, because I was like, how long are they gonna be able to just like stretch this out?
Speaker 4: Know what's coming? I mean, so what I was seeing was that he at first thought.
Speaker 2: He was going choker, but then when he kept doing it and doing like this once I once I've now watched the movie, I think it's like he was trying to already go ahead and fuse with her, but it just wasn't time yet. But he was trying to fucking put his fingers No, don't be dirty, but like into her while he is doing this massage, and I was like, this is actually really weird, which leads to the next scene, which is the shower scene where she's driving away and he's in the shower. So, Ken, what did you what did you take from that?
Speaker 1: That that shit was was dope?
Speaker 5: But now you can start to see like the effects of the water is starting to kind of build in their system, and he was connected to her, and that the twisting turns that she was doing he was doing as well, and I thought that she was going to have to turn back, but it shows that at this point it's just one side, or maybe the whole movie it was one sided, like he was dependent on her, you know.
Speaker 1: Throughout. I mean shit, even before they got drink the water.
Speaker 5: But yeah, that that whole ship was crazy because I was like how the fuck? Like how then now I'm wondering, like, how the fuck is this going to be long lasting?
Speaker 1: Is just one event?
Speaker 5: Like as time goes on, will it become more and more dependent on her, the where they can't be separated at all without him experienced some type of physical and mental pain. But yeah, that was that shit was dope, and she just nonchalant, just whipping a bro not knowing what's going on.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, poor guy, what'd you get spiked?
Speaker 3: Well that's what confused me about it with Ken said, I didn't realize, and maybe it comes to what you're saying, an overarching theme, but a move. I didn't realize it was only affecting him at first, like when she was driving and I would I was confused as to why, like both of them drunk the water, so why she feeling this trends that he's feeling. Why he's in the shower and going through the exact same emotions as her, So I was confused.
Speaker 1: It was the one side of relationship?
Speaker 6: Is that what you got rode side of relationship.
Speaker 4: Or any of that? What did you get from this from the scene, I just thought it was dope.
Speaker 6: I just thought, you know what I'm saying, Like I said, again, we're getting more into them connecting. Like I said, the effects him moving around, like even like when it was pressing his head against the shower and it was cracking. I was just like, damn, this this, this is I was just ready to see more. I was ready to see where this story was about to go. I didn't really think too much into it at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, you did, well, this is definitely what I was picking up on the one sided aspect of the relationships prior to this. But when they were when this was happening, I was like, oh, oh, so it is affecting him in a different way than it's affecting her because she's the dominant one in the relationship. That's why it's most of the time throughout this movie it's him trying to fuse with her, hence the massage, and then we get to this part it's him trying to go into her as opposed to her trying to go into him. So when she's driving away and he's, you know, flinging around, I was like, Oh, it's because he can't be separate from her. She can still be separate from him and be fine. He's the one that's having the problem here. So there's this idea of whoever is the dominant one in the relationship, that's the one that's.
Speaker 4: Going to have fewer problems.
Speaker 2: So when you're talking about the dogs earlier, that's why I thought you picked up on that, because you were saying one of the dogs was scared and the other one wasn't one of the dogs. Means obviously with dogs, there's one that's always dominant. The dominant one was the one that was, you know, kind of being.
Speaker 4: Absorbed into you know.
Speaker 6: So yeah, this is when I was really like, this movie is fucking interesting. But again I was just like, ah, but there's a fucking message, just like, come on, bro, can't we do this?
Speaker 4: Can't the motherfucker just fuse into another body?
Speaker 1: And let's just you know, That's how I was trying to watch it. Mike, there you go.
Speaker 4: But I think it makes the movie make more sense.
Speaker 2: If I just looked at it surface level, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. But once I realized there's a message, it does annoy me, but at the same time, it's like, okay, I get with you.
Speaker 5: And it really helps explain the the the gaps in between, like them drinking the water and then fusing, like there's a story to get to that.
Speaker 1: So it makes the movie make more sense.
Speaker 5: Like I wanted to just do the one thing, but it's like, now we got a bigger or a bigger message here that we're trying to get come back.
Speaker 2: So what did you think Spike about the dinner they had with Jamie when he came over and they were at the table.
Speaker 3: And it started to come out as far as how negatively both of them felt about their relationships. I hate when couples do this when you're day in front of you and they start airing out their grievances and you kind of like, what I'm supposed to do here? And he excused himself, but he's still I couldn't really pinpoint why he was. Jamie was weird here. I still didn't pick him like Rod did as like, oh he's the bad guy, the villain. But I like the whole interaction. I'm still interested at this point, especially with how they start bickering back and forth and how he responded to it, which added to the stuff later in the movie about him semi recruiting her.
Speaker 5: You know, I think here that for me, they did a good job of kind of just throwing me off the scent, you know, off the trail, because even when he closed the door, he was like, oh, I think he liked you, because that's what I'm thinking, Like the first interaction, this whole interaction, seeing how he's looking at her and his jealousy because he's seeing that too, I'm not even thinking that there's a larger player in mind for him. I'm thinking like, oh shit, he's really trying to get at her, and he's picking up on that, and he's jealous of that, so he's trying to do He's like, no, I got the wine out for this ship. And because he's thought that he was interested in her, that's when his his his uh maybe resentment or inadequacies start to display. When he started to take a shot at her and she took a shot. You know, so when they start taking the shot at each other. But I'm witching that she was awkward as hell, like, but I'm kind of with him, like, bro, I don't think not having a driver's license is't that bad.
Speaker 1: But that shit was.
Speaker 4: It's like, you can't even take yourself to the train.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but what they're from the city though, right, Yeah, he was like, it don't need me to have a license.
Speaker 1: Well, well she she didn't have to say he only had a learners permit.
Speaker 4: She said, you're thirty with that was.
Speaker 5: But it was interesting in the line. She was like, yeah, I can't leave the house without you, And something.
Speaker 4: She said was, well, we supposed to pick up. Did he recruited her to come there?
Speaker 3: Because she was like, I read your resume and I was very interested, and you come here when they first met, So it was this a long term play? Like was he recruiting her to be a part of this?
Speaker 1: Nah, because he would have had to know that they had issues. Okay, yeah, he would have to know that before the fat Yeah.
Speaker 2: Rodgerd you get anything else other than what they said about from the dinner?
Speaker 6: And I don't really I don't even remember how we got here. How do he showed up?
Speaker 2: Jamie showed up at the house bottle one and he was yeah, he was bringing them some housewarming and then she was like, no, come in, I insist.
Speaker 4: You coming out for a bit. Yeah, but yeah, the only thing I.
Speaker 2: Took from this was when he specifically said it sounds like you complete each other, which that was another little hint about what was about to happen. But I feel like they I feel like they should have left that out because I thought that Jamie was creepy, but I didn't think that he was a part of whatever was happening with the water. Then when he said that, it was like, oh, y'all are really just like telling us every fucking thing at this point, But.
Speaker 5: What are they kind of playing around with that sort of word throughout the whole show, throughout the whole movie, complete each other?
Speaker 1: Yeah together, they.
Speaker 2: Do that later though, this is like the beginning of where they start throwing that out there to complete each other. And it was like, I was like, all right, well, I'm still enjoying it. But look, after Jamie leaves, Tim feels drawn to Millie and they start making out and during a makeout sesshon their lips become fused for a second. But this leads to them having another argument about their feelings. So, Spike, how do you feel about how Milly is processing what Tim's saying about, like he thinks it's something to do with the cave and he's feeling off. How do you feel about how she took that?
Speaker 3: It lines up for what they had presented to us throughout the movie, like she wasn't validating his feelings and being kind of dismissive of him having a thought that could be correct.
Speaker 4: It was like, well, she didn't overtly say this, but it's like you're kind of a wild, outside of the box, free spirit musician. And here's another one.
Speaker 3: Of your wild ideas that this is happening, and she's a more logical, this is common sense, let's go to the doctor type of person.
Speaker 4: So when he explaining it to her.
Speaker 3: That he thinks something is wrong for me, it made sense based on everything that the movie had put together, that she would be dismissive of it.
Speaker 4: You feel the same way, Rob, Yeah, that's about the same.
Speaker 6: I was definitely gonna use the same word dismissive. That's how she came off, I mean, and that circles back around later about you know, her apologizing. But yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 4: Pretty much the same. Get anything different, Ken, It was funny with you like, if you don't want to fuck me?
Speaker 1: I was my god, damn bruh.
Speaker 4: See that's the line that jumped out at me.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for y'all to get to I think that this was a very important thing that she said. Now I think about it, What if this was gender swapped. What if the man and the woman were fighting and the woman was saying, I feel like I'm off, I feel like there's something going on, and the man was like, if you don't want to fuck me, just say it. I think the connotation will be completely different because if a man said it, we'd look at that man like he's an absolute piece of shit, But if the woman is saying it, we'd be like, oh, she's not getting fucked.
Speaker 4: That's sad.
Speaker 2: But I found that interesting given what we've gotten so far from the story. We already had a gender swapped situation earlier with the proposal, and they're just pushing it home that she is the dominant one and when she's not getting what she wants, she does not like it.
Speaker 4: She is unhappy. But when she said that, I was like.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's fucked up, because we don't know why he doesn't want to have sex with her. I think Allison Breeze a pretty girl. If he's not wanting to fuck her, what's going on? Would they alluded to it in the beginning, right, Yes, and it has because you had the bad dream bad dreams and stuff. Yeah, So you would think if we know and she knows that he has these nightmares, he's grieving, she wouldn't say something like that, but who would from what we've seen in Hollywood so far, A piece of ship man would say that.
Speaker 4: So I thought it was interesting that they have the woman being in.
Speaker 1: That role, so she's a piece of ship woman.
Speaker 4: I took it that way absolutely. I was like, that's fucked up that this dude is.
Speaker 2: Grieving and he's clearly already told you that something feels off with him and you go to sex.
Speaker 4: That's fucked up.
Speaker 1: It was fucked up. But I do as soon as he starts talking like, nah, bro, I already know what.
Speaker 4: So I get so they're not having sex, but he does eat her a little bit.
Speaker 2: So what did y'all think when he was eating her hair in the bed?
Speaker 1: Bro? I was like, where was that in the movie? It was?
Speaker 4: That was disturbing, like that that shit was tight.
Speaker 3: If I was her out of lifting, I don't know what you you gotta figure out, like something is wrong and he just told you something was wrong and he's feeling off and you wake up and this god got his hair halfway down his throat to heel about to strangle himself with it, like nah.
Speaker 5: Like she said, you can leave, like you don't even need to be here, you know, I think at that point, I mean, it's a movie, but I think at that point she should have probably walking up a little bit more because that shit was weird, Like okay, why is this happening?
Speaker 1: What was happening?
Speaker 5: You said some shit was going on with the cave, and now you're sitting here eating my hair against your your will somehow someway. So yeah, for her to be pragmatic and the logical one, she should have started at least connected some dots. But you know, their relationship is is fractured, so she's probably not even thinking about that. It's just like this motherfucker just trying to eat my hair. But that ship, I'm trying to think. I don't think I've seen some ship like that before. That shit was like crazy, bro, I'm like, that's a lot of hair.
Speaker 6: I was like, I didn't get all at all night. He used at it all night. But no, that sh it was creepy as hell, Like that's what I was saying, Like some of the shit was disturbing or whatever. And that was definitely one of the moments where she's like, oh, you're laying on my hair or whatever, and she turned over and he's like, oh, the motherfucker she is deep right deep hair.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I know he emasculated for real.
Speaker 6: That's a hole on the level right there.
Speaker 3: She's just going to the dock after that I don't at the table when they was talking the next morning.
Speaker 2: I don't remember when she tells him to go see a therapist. That might have been after this or before this, I can't remember, but yeah she does because he's act fucking creep. But yeah, I like that scene too, But uh, this next scene was what was wild and I'll get to my positives and negatives of the scene. But Millie takes Tim to the bus stop so he can go play some music with her brother's band because I think they like asked me to go on tour or something. But Tim can't seem to make himself leave, and he ends up stumbling back to Millie's job, which leads to a very awkward sex scene in the school bathroom rock What did you think of this scene.
Speaker 6: In the bathroom stall something? Yeah, I'm trying to think what happened.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that's when they were trying to Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that shit was crazy. But that made me, you know what, oddly made me think of when dogs get get stuck, Dogs get stuck. I was like, I want to they with trying that together somehow, But that's what it immediately made me think of, Like the dogs early on and how they get stuck.
Speaker 1: And everything.
Speaker 6: So but but nah, yet that was that was that was fucking crazy. I was like, God damn it. Then they showed it and ship. But nah, I'm trying to think that anything else happened outside of that moment. But yeah, that that was.
Speaker 4: That's all I had really thought about it, honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Spike, did you get anything else from that? Or were you just like cringing at the fact that his dick was stretching.
Speaker 4: I was cringing at that and it was obvious what was about to happen.
Speaker 3: Like, in my opinion, I think that she had finally got what she wanted as far as getting laid and then as soon as they got into us, I can I see what's about to happen here. So but it didn't take away from it. It was still like shock value was still there.
Speaker 1: Di you carever what you wish for. Yeah, she she got with she absolutely wanted.
Speaker 5: I still don't know why at this point she didn't think to like say, hey, you probably should go get like what's going on the cave and she like that, like we just got stuck together, fused together.
Speaker 1: That ship just ain't natural, you know, And she tried to explain it, you know. She was like, you ain't thish it in a while, so that's probably what happened.
Speaker 3: I thought this is where the creepy dude was gonna play into it, because I thought he was gonna walk in, and I thought that was gonna be like his role in the movie too, and he was gonna be jealous of that and that then they would go this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I did too, especially when he saw the you know, the shoe and I was like, oh man, yeah, he's probably gonna fire and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But you know this, So.
Speaker 5: I had two black folks next to me. They talked the whole movie, right, bro, And all I heard was, Man, I ain't ever seen no ship like that. I was like, oh my god, I couldn't even enjoy the movie.
Speaker 1: Bro, Like she said the e R man. Bro. I would yeah, but I'm like, are they gonna They're not gonna do it? Are they gonna do it?
Speaker 5: Damn?
Speaker 6: How are they gonna?
Speaker 1: Okay? How are they gonna get apart? Like all this? Like this ship was?
Speaker 6: And then the kid was outside the bath.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Man with the kid, oh man, he was like, I'm stopped, and then.
Speaker 4: I was wondering why she was bleeding. She well, it might not have been to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't thinking it was her, but remember in the cave, like the skin ripped off, so and you know, it could have been like it could have ripped some skin off her and him.
Speaker 4: I thought she ripped his dick off. The way he was looking was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, definitely some forehead skin.
Speaker 4: Forehead skinned And is it we moving on anyway? You know what I mean? No, I liked all of this too.
Speaker 6: I like the fact that he could not live without her, so the thought of him leaving, he was just like, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the whole ripping of the dick scene, I thought this was interesting because they're both trying to separate. She's blaming him, which I found to be interesting. And then she can tell that it's hurting him. It seems like it's hurting him more than it's hurting her. So she puts her fucking hand over his mouth and says, I forgot what she said to him, something like shush or I'm sorry or something.
Speaker 4: It was like I'm sorry. It was like an apology before it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then she forcefully shoves him out and you can tell he is in immense pain. But again this goes to the dominance of the relationship. She does this without getting his clear her consent of like yes, just do it fast, none of that. She's just like, I'm gonna take charge and I know it's gonna hurt you, but too bad, and she does it anyway. But Jamie coming in I thought that was really interesting because, like y'all, I was like, oh, this is when Jamie gets involved in the relationship.
Speaker 4: Instead, he sees the foot and he just leaves.
Speaker 2: So at this point I'm like, Okay, what the fuck is Jamie's play because this is weird.
Speaker 1: I thought he was gonna use it as leverage against her.
Speaker 2: Later I did too, but it didn't happen, so I was like, this is not making sense what this dude is doing. But they have a really big argument after where she tells she tells him she's not his fucking mother and he says, what does that mean? And she says like she's living with something dead, which I was.
Speaker 6: Like, God, damn, that was that was that was a that was a bar and a fucked up bar.
Speaker 4: Women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they go to hell but it also calls to her dominance. She's saying, I'm not your fucking mother. And then you look at how the mother situation played out, like the mom when the dude died, she stayed in the bed and she could not leave. She's like, I'm not her out of lefty ass because I don't care about you the way she cared about your dad.
Speaker 4: But there was a.
Speaker 2: Conversation that she has because she has to go to Jamie's place, so there's a conversation they have there. What did you think about that conversation?
Speaker 4: Do you remember? Do you remember the conversation they had there.
Speaker 5: The one about the Plato Plato Plato, yeah, Plato, Yeah, no, yeah, I do remember about the humans being separated.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Later on that was a theory that he had, is that they were together and then later on they became separated.
Speaker 2: This was Ja Jamie, and this was like a big part of the movie because, oh, when she went over there after they got done argue, when she was sitting, he goes to his house because she's sad, and then he starts talking about Plato and how he had this idea that the original human had two heads, four arms, and okay, right, two heads, four arms, and I guess I'll be eight legs, one two three.
Speaker 4: He said, four legs, four arms, two heads. Yes, that's right, Jesus Christ. So at this point, y'all know he's a part of it.
Speaker 2: At this part, yes, he's talking about because they had mentioned that where they found that cave, it was originally like a church. So when he starts talking about Plato and having you know, Zeus came in and said, y'all are too powerful as this thing with two heads and four arms and four legs.
Speaker 4: So he splits them in two and he.
Speaker 2: Says, that's why we spend all of our time trying to find his soul mad So I thought that was interesting. But he also said that he used to have a husband, but he left him and then realized he couldn't live without him, so he came back. And I missed this the first time until I went back.
Speaker 4: To do the notes. Did y'all catch that he was wearing two wedding rings?
Speaker 1: I saw that ring.
Speaker 4: It looked weird, but I couldn't tell.
Speaker 1: I didn't catch it until you just said it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like it looked really weird. I was like, it's funny, kind of ring. I thought it was something to do because he said it was a cult. I thought it was something to do with the colt with the colt. Well, I mean, I guess it kind of was.
Speaker 2: But I I'm glad I missed it the first time because it shocked me when we get to that part later. But when I walked when I went back the second time to do that, I was like, wait, why did y'all? Y'all shouldn't have put that in there because that kind of gave away what was going on. But maybe it didn't. Maybe maybe it didn't.
Speaker 4: But so after Milly kind.
Speaker 2: Of attempt she kind of attempts to like stick to him while he's in his office, but then she kind of just like plays off as a seizure. But Tim attempts to explain how he's felt off from the cave situation and how they're drawn to each other, but Milly dismisses it again and then she tells him I don't want you. They sleep in different rooms, but in the middle of the night rob out, they're drawn to each other once again. So what did you think about this scene?
Speaker 6: No, again, this is another dope effect. How they were trying to you know, reconnect through the doors.
Speaker 4: He was what was he doing? He was I remember her because he's back being to some cruise on his back like somebody was dragging.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, it was breaking and he was trying to pull himself.
Speaker 4: This is what we saw the trailer.
Speaker 6: So and it still hit even in this even though I saw it in the trailer, it still hit just as hard in the movie. So now I thought that was seriously dope, how they were, how they were slowly uh trying to connect them and merge. So nah, I really enjoyed this. Again creepy, but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: What about your spike? Yeah, this is real creepy.
Speaker 3: It was a very interesting like scene as far as the pop of the movie because I didn't see the trailer, but it made me wonder like why would like I want to wondered, was there a physical sickness to go to it as well? Like if they just left each other alone, where they still feel that pool? Like how close in the vicinity he would? I was wondering how close the vicinity they had to be to almost attract each other like magnets like it.
Speaker 4: I thought that was really interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I didn't. I didn't see this part in the trailer. There was one part I did see the trailer. Whatever this thing would pop up out, I would intentionally just put my head down to be in my phone so I wouldn't see shit. But this was dope because I thought, at this point, we're in the movie, and I thought from here on they're gonna be fused together for the rest of the movie. So I didn't see how it was gonna play out. So it played out a lot differently than I thought, which which which still worked.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this ship was dope.
Speaker 5: Him sliding across the floor and all the physical contortions and stuff that they were doing, and then their arms kind of merging together and stuff like that. I was like, but I did think about the drugs because I thought the drug that was it, the muscle re lasses that that was. As the movie was going on, I was like, well, why is it take its along? He did go to the dogs, like, I think the muscle relapses are slowing down the process, and this was confirmation for me when when it happened. He was like, oh, you got to get the muscle relatses and he did it, and they just.
Speaker 4: Get to the stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all that shit. That shit was dope.
Speaker 4: Did you aready go?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the first one. Yeah, I really liked this scene. I thought it was super creative how they did it with his him sleeping and his body still was moving along because he said prior to that, he said something like when the body shuts down, the mind can keep or when the I got it backwards. I think he said, when your mind shuts down, the body can keep going.
Speaker 4: It seemed like the way around, but I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 2: Remember he said something like that. But either way, I thought this scene was was was was really dope.
Speaker 4: But in the next scene, uh, she has to saw.
Speaker 2: Their arms to separate themselves, and then she decided said they're going to go to the doctor, but she left her keys at Jamie's place, and when she gets there, she sees a tape of Jamie and her husband's fusing ritual and then we see that he's there.
Speaker 4: So, Spike, what did you think about.
Speaker 2: All that went down at Jamie's place?
Speaker 4: Saw somewhere you see the bill? Yeah, that bill came. It was this.
Speaker 1: This was weird.
Speaker 4: This was when I was like, okay, this took a turn from interest into like, what's.
Speaker 1: Happening right now?
Speaker 4: Because his door was wide open, right, like she just walked in his crib. I think the TV was playing in the back. Like, did he was this a trap? Did he know she was gonna leave her keys and you take her keys? Like it just felt way too convenient.
Speaker 5: Well, well, it's he took It sounded like he took the keys on purpose, okay, because that's what he said. He said, I'll keep these safe or.
Speaker 3: Something like that, and when he expects her to come back, that's why he got the tape playing, and he wants to convince her to go on through with the ritual. Okay, Now that makes more sense because it seemed like it just came off as too convenient for me, maybe because I was paying attention.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you, spiders, I was paying deep attention. Okay, this is my least favorite team of the entire.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought this was stupid. Yes, because even if even.
Speaker 2: If it was a trap and he took the keys and hoped that she would come, how would he know when she was coming to hit play.
Speaker 4: On the table.
Speaker 2: So I was like, this is a really bad horror movie trope where she just happened to walk in the door and it just so happens. That's on the right part of the tape. I don't know why they did this because outside of this part, I think everything else was fitting very well.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, so I'm not Christy, You're not. That's exactly what I was. I was like, they were doing great up until this point. Then it's just this seemed like it was almost out of another movie. It did, yeah, it did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because I mean like when she walked to his house the first time, I was looking for that symbol in the house, all over the house, I'm looking at the house. I never saw it, and when she went back across it was on the bell. So that was just confirmation. But so yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was. I was confused about.
Speaker 5: Everything that he was doing and how because how would you have intentionally given her or them the water for.
Speaker 1: This to happen? How did she? I think he knew that they were having issues or something like that.
Speaker 5: But his motives everything, well, I think his motives was clear, but how did you pick them?
Speaker 1: So there were questions I had with that.
Speaker 5: But even in spite of all that, just how they even got there using the cutting the arm and shit, that ship was fucking crazy. This is the part I did see in the trailer.
Speaker 4: She was like, look at how go for the pain?
Speaker 1: I did see that part of the trailer. Ship like that.
Speaker 4: But so he sat there trapping.
Speaker 1: No, they fell down by themselves.
Speaker 5: Remember he's a bungling idiot, so they were just well, that was an accident.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: I think Jamie only figured out that he was going to pick them once he had that dinner with him, and he saw that they had pieces, but they were both very connected to each other. That's why he asked him, asked her later on something like, well, you do love him, right, and she's like, of course. So he sees that that they each have individual parts, but they're way better connected, and he says, y'all are like I forgot the exact words now, but he says something along the lines of y'all are clearly made for each other, something like that.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you for adding that, because yeah, that and completes it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: From their dinner and them telling the story about getting lost out there in the woods, he clearly understood that they had drank.
Speaker 5: In the water already. Yes, okay, all right, so that that that makes it. I haven't thought about all that since the movie.
Speaker 4: But yeah, okay, cool, he said you complete each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so but nah, I mean yeah, yeah, he just.
Speaker 5: You knew he was in the room and all the other ship and then the ring the cut her arm.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So I didn't expect that.
Speaker 5: The rain part arm. No, I didn't know how he was gonna No, I didn't know it was on the ring.
Speaker 1: No, but I was wanted to cut her at all. Why because their arms were cut in the in the video tape. Yeah I missed that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense because I know he said let's hurry this along and any cut her.
Speaker 4: I didn't catch that they were cut in the video.
Speaker 2: It's like a pet pet probably, So Rod, did you notice anything when she punched him in his face?
Speaker 6: Is that did he did? Did Was that revealed that he was both at that point? Yeah? Yeah, yeah yeah. I was like, damn, that's crazy because at first when I saw the take, because that's.
Speaker 4: The only thing I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I knew he was a part of this whole thing, I just didn't know in what capacity. I didn't know he had already gone through the process of immersion with his his partner or whatever, but but not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I thought that was crazy. His voice changed too.
Speaker 6: Then it got it got distorted, and I was just like, what the fuck.
Speaker 2: Because they kind of separated for a hot second. But did y'all notice anything with the pictures? Remember that they showed the picture twice of him and his partner. Did you notice that the final version looked more like him than it did the partner?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I didn't notice that it looked like Jamie. Yeah, like the picture.
Speaker 2: When you see a picture, you see Jamie and then you see the partner. But then when you see Jamie now you can tell that like he was the more dominant.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I found that to be to be very interesting. When she punched him and they separate, you can see bits of the other guy, and then yeah, the voice was.
Speaker 4: A little bit different. I gotta rewatch it.
Speaker 2: There was a lot here, But yeah, I mean this again, this scene was the only part where I was like, this is stupid.
Speaker 4: Why why would you just have the tape playing like come on dog see?
Speaker 6: I just looked at it as a horror movie trope. Yeah, it's always something like this is not.
Speaker 2: Too smart for that you know what I mean, like it smart for something that lame like that convenient.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, this is something he always watches, he plays.
Speaker 6: I can see Lunatic doing that ship like every night he comes home and plays the tape.
Speaker 2: Because he did say earlier, I got a tape of our wedding and I want to show it to you. So I think, to Spike's point, that was him trying to pull her in earlier. But just she's gonna be coming at some point, so I'm just gonna keep starting this tape over again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Tim goes back to the cave to figure out what's going on, even though she told him not to, But he finds a bunch of symbols and iconography, but he also finds a fused person down there. Spike, where did you think about that?
Speaker 3: I was about to ask, But that makes sense because I just got it that that was the couple that they were looking for. Ye yeah, because I had Yeah, okay, so that made sense. I was wondering what that wedding came from. But now the I just thought about it when you were saying that that that was a couple that they were looking for.
Speaker 1: So that was all I got for well, we also never they had to.
Speaker 5: Well, they didn't have to, but I felt like in this movie, at some point they were going to reveal the couple, and that was the one thing we didn't have an answer to. Yeah, so it made sense for them to still be there in fused together because it looked like they rejected.
Speaker 3: That's okay, That's what I was confused about, like how they stayed in that form, but we had the other form at the end of the movement, and.
Speaker 5: They were asking him to kill him, help us, help us, help us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's specifically Jamie says in the in the prior scene, he says, you know it's already started. You're not going to like the alternative, and that's when it cuts to Jamie seeing the fake ass substance creature. What I took also is what Ken took. That they didn't They didn't.
Speaker 4: Follow the rules.
Speaker 2: They weren't They weren't as compatible as Jamie. I'm sorry not to Jamie, but as Tim and Millie or there wasn't a clear dominant one in the relationship, so they just didn't work.
Speaker 4: Is that what you got, Roger?
Speaker 1: Something different?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I got it the same thing that they were rejecting, you know, the inevitable of it happening, and plus that they probably just wasn't as compatible and they would like I said, that's why they were trying to constantly fight it. But I'll get more of my take on that once we.
Speaker 4: Get the final scene.
Speaker 2: So back at the house, Tim and Milly are drawn to each other again, and Tim decides that the only way to stop it is to kill himself, but seeing the wound in Milly's arm from what Jamie did with the knife with a ring or whatever makes him decide to fuse himself to her in order to stop the bleeding and stop her from dying. And after having a discussion about how much they mean to each other and how they don't want to let each other go, they decide to willingly fuse with each other while one of the best songs ever written was playing in the back, My fucking jam to be come. It's my jam bruh. So, Spike, what'd you think of this final fusing? I was like they stretched it out, pun intended long long enough, it is defined to be happening, and I want to see what was gonna happen from there, because my thought process at that point, Okay, what does this?
Speaker 4: What's the end result of this?
Speaker 5: So I love they didn't take the sometimes the movie would just give us an alternate ending. I love that they fuse together, you know. So when this happened, I was like, Ah, dope that they're doing. And we get a chance to see them merge together, and he's just not gonna kill himself and she's gonna go off and be happily ever after.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to ship.
Speaker 5: Nah, show us, show us the ship. That's what we that's what we want to see. And they kind of played around with this old fucking movie. Now we got a chance to see it. And I thought that that ship was dope because especially when even before the fuse, him like his arm, like, bro, you really want to live like that.
Speaker 1: The rest of your life? Brou like.
Speaker 5: I love you, you know, salute, but they trying to put in your arm just you can live.
Speaker 1: But he was committed at that point, but this is like how do you how do you live? You can't even go out in public?
Speaker 2: But he knew he couldn't live without her anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but where are you gonna go? How you gonna get food? How you gonna go shopping.
Speaker 4: He don't need none of that. All he need is her.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have to do that Amazon Prime air ship ship or Jamie gonna have to come over and bring ship.
Speaker 1: Who Jamie?
Speaker 4: I thought you said James.
Speaker 5: Now Jamie had to come over and bring food anyway. But that's just me just thinking ship. That don't matter to the movie. I was just happy to see this part. I thought that it was the same way.
Speaker 6: I ain't know if I was gonna be on an island with that.
Speaker 4: For some reason, it made me happy to see that they actually.
Speaker 6: Merged and became one or whatever, and it kind of it will not kind of it makes the whole, the whole like disturbing shit makes more sense. And I was just like, damn, that's actually fucking dope. When you think about it in a relationship turns, you take away all the gross shit that was happening, and you think about it just from a relationship aspect, how you feel like you can't live with somebody's marriage and all that, you feel like you become one. You already come that in a metaphorical sense, so now you're just coming that in a physical sense.
Speaker 4: So I thought that was just like a really good, good way of showing that.
Speaker 6: I was like, wow, that that actually makes a lot of sense, like like that's how I left.
Speaker 4: And because you can still hear like.
Speaker 6: The Mermans in the room and people just be like, oh, that shit was fucking But then when I guarantee, when they think about it, it's like, oh shit, I guess that do kind of makes sense.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, can't live with somebody, I'm willing to die for you.
Speaker 6: All of these things we say, like like I don't know if y'all do, but people have said these things over the years in their relationships. You feel like that you get sick when you can't be with somebody. Sometimes sometimes it's like you really go.
Speaker 4: Through these motions.
Speaker 6: So I was just like, Yo, this is a really dope way of telling that or whatever. So now that that really sold me on the movie. After that, that that scene really sold me. And that scene and the final one when the parents come, I was like, Oh, that's fucking dope, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, so yeah, I really enjoyed that. And going back to the people that couldn't connect, they obviously didn't have that type of connection, and so that's why I think they ended up the way they ended up. And if you just accept it, like, okay, you actually you know, you might you might think you this looked kind of good in the mirror, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, so yeah, I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: That was dope.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you. I'm with you one hundred. When they now again, unfortunately this is in the trailer. I really wish it wasn't, but that's them actually fusing. Was in the trailers. I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, was in the trailer, and it's even on the poster. I think, yeah, it is the poster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just well the poster, I you know, because they might do a poster of a scene that's not in the film. But the fact that it was in the trailer, I was like, Oh, so they're gonna fuse at some point, or somebody's gonna fuse and show their eyelids, and when we hadn't seen anybody do with their eyes yet, I was like, oh them. But I still think it was a beautifully filmed scene, and it was oddly a nice ending because you realize that they realized they don't want to live separately, they don't want to live without each other, so they fuse together. And I think the way that they did this was so fucking good looking. The way that they uh, you know, the special effects whatever were super, super super dope. And I didn't know until after that they were a real couple because at first I was like, man, if my girl got titties like that, she can't be pressed up against.
Speaker 1: In a movie.
Speaker 2: I'm not watching this ship or I'm skipping over this scene because that motherfucker looked way too happy be fusing with my girl like that. Oh you never saw a horse Girl? No, I'm not trying to sexualize her, but yeah, you saw horse Girl. Is when I realized just how much of an incredible actress she is.
Speaker 4: Horse Girl, Yes she was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was one of my favorite movie lists for one of these that we did. But I knew her from Community, but I didn't watch all of Community. But when I saw horse Girl, that was like her foray into like sci fi horror, and she's so good in it. But there is a scene, again, not trying to sexualize it, but there is a scene where she's completely it.
Speaker 6: Looks good that's all I'm saying. I'm saying she looks good. I'm not trying to see that was.
Speaker 2: Part of community though, or like she's this nerd, but then they realized, oh she's got a body. Yeah, yeah, no, she is a really fucking good actress. So if anybody has not seen Horse Girl, please go watch it. It's fucking great. But yeah, Now this leads to the final scene of the movie. The parents show up and knock on the door, and now they have a bell with the little symbol on it.
Speaker 4: So, Ken, what did you think of.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to say it, like the person that answered the door, what did you think of that person?
Speaker 5: I completely forgot the parents were coming, and I'm like, and I really wanted to see the rest of their reaction. Me too, oh man, because I was just because I was like, Okay, they're gonna like I really wanted to see what the finished product look like. So when I saw it, and it was like a basically both of them. It looked different than Jamie because it was like it looked like both of them was in one body, whereas James looked like he was completely in control. So I guess, so we're kind of assume that they're kind of mutually yeah, more than Jamie where he was like this more dominant one. But yeah, yeah, no that that that shit was dope, man, just to see how they looked, you know, when they answered the door, and now, like questions going through my head, you know, so like what does the rest of their life look like, you know, shopping, how do they talk.
Speaker 1: To each other?
Speaker 5: You know, is there gonna be you know, any type of intimacy later on? Like like how do two people live in one body?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: So yeah, all that shit was like going through my head. But they have all the parts. Yeah, yeah, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 2: I just kept assuming that it's whoever the dominant one was.
Speaker 1: But but it was kind of her.
Speaker 4: It was, yeah, it was her.
Speaker 2: But this one looked more fairly split than Jamie and his partner. Whereas Jamie and Jamie and his partner seemed to be more Jamie, this one seemed I guess there was still more Milly, but it seemed more even like this person looked extremely androgynous. So when they answered the door, I was like, oh, ship right, because I think for a second I forgot that they did that. I forgot that they fused and I forgot to I thought it was gonna be that monster that that they had that had fused into in the scene priory.
Speaker 4: So when the and Josh this person answered the door, I was like.
Speaker 6: Oh, that's that's good. It's really good. That's good. I was like, that's fucking good. Would y'all be interested in sequel because of that? I think this is a perfect one and done. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that was a great way to end it because I was.
Speaker 3: I did get lost in the whole thing when we talked about her going to the house, but I was super interested when the parents call pulled it up and to see what was on the other side of the door, and I said the same thing that you said when they opened the door, like okay, that was good.
Speaker 4: Because I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I wanted to see their reaction too, like you said, because it looked like her, but your mom and dad are probably the two.
Speaker 4: People are like, yeah, my daughter. And the voice was different. The voice was like his, like it sounded like a little deeper.
Speaker 1: So how do you explain that ship?
Speaker 4: You can't, you can't.
Speaker 1: We dropped some water and we ended up fused together. Man, if you don't bring my daughter. No, man.
Speaker 4: This ending was it was it was perfect.
Speaker 6: It was perfect ending when they opened the door and the person was like, what's up, guys?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I left the part out that I thought this was an interesting line she said earlier, but she said if we when they were arguing and they were about to break up, she said, if we don't split now, it's gonna be harder later, And that line definitely goes throughout the rest of the film, and then we see the end and it's like, yep, she was right. If you don't split now, you're not gonna be able to split later, and they didn't.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this was This was a fucking good movie.
Speaker 2: I really liked it, especially since this dude has not done that many films. I think he did a great job and I would not be interested in the sequel, but I would be interested in what this dude does next. So I'm glad everybody accepts bik for the most part, dug it. And this is a movie that I would definitely watch again because I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that I missed. So yeah, anybody got any final thoughts or are we good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I thought it was clever, man. I thought it was a very clever, creative movie.
Speaker 4: And yeah, yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: I didn't know how it was gonna feel exactly, but I think we got to start talking about NEA.
Speaker 4: And man the way we talk about twenty four.
Speaker 2: I said this a few months ago when it comes to horror, that I think Neon is actually creeping up there and they're doing just as well as a twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a couple of good previews too coming into this one. Two Neon horror movies. It was two new horror movies coming into this, but they were come up.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't remember, but hopefully they don't fall off too right.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's gonna do it for this episode. I'm glad y'all for the most part. Hopefully y'all enjoyed it and you share it with some friends and let me know what you thought of this, and let me know if you got all of these references and deep cuts and deep thoughts and all this shit.
Speaker 4: But uh, we will see y'all next time.
Speaker 1: We out peace.