Speaker 1: And here we go here. Anything you have a chance against our simistic cowboy.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you like to do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Play chess?
Speaker 5: Screw Weller's play chest.
Speaker 3: They give up the Jonathan Taylor Chuck cunning its way falk in the goal line.
Speaker 6: He's in there, put down and why Jonathan Taylor Wheeler.
Speaker 5: Finds here's Haliker into the front board, mishandled it.
Speaker 3: Mcgainst a shot he finds it. John. I have never been bedroom to be on the air with you here in Indianapolis, a place where so many of my dreams have come.
Speaker 4: True with the ride with JMV on ninety three five and one oh seven.
Speaker 3: Five the fan. Hey, welcome man. I am so excited about our location today. I was just talking to Jeff Matthews, the owner, about it. Jeff's going to join us coming up a little bit later on. We are at the Speedway City Garage today and hopefully that is a location you know very well now back in the day, and we were talking about too, how far back I go. My grandparents moved to Speedway in nineteen ninety five, and I was up here nearly every weekend, so you know, obviously the night before the five hundred or carb Day, or when the Brickyard four hundred first started in ninety four. I was up here for it, Saint Christopher's, the festivals, I was up here for nearly all of them. The basketball court behind Saint Christopher's I played there all the time, So I was up here all the time. And I know Speedway very well and very excited to be here. This is a combination of coffee and food and bevere Bridge beer and cocktail. It is called the Speedway City Garage. Jeff's gonna join us coming up in a couple of minutes. We're going to talk about that on this show with him throughout, and Doug Boll, Speedway President's going to join us coming up a little bit later on as well. And we'll get your Thursday started here in the afternoon and the weekend leading into the brick You'rerod four hundred off to a fantastic start. Now. The other thing that's going on here is I've never seen it because I'm always on the air, and I don't think I've ever been out here when it is going on. But the hauler parade goes on here, and I do want to also give a shout out to Sam of Speedway PD, who is an awesome dude, is out there right now too. But the Haller Parade is going to happen, and evidently that is something that a lot of people attend. So we'll be here for the Haller Parade. We shall be here for you. There is plenty of opportunity for you too. This is a multifaceted place here when you think about it, because for example, and we'll talk about the beer in which I'm drinking. James knows this because he looked it up. Pax Verum, they're the ones that put this together. This light logger that they have, this is one hundred and five calories. I'm feeling really good. But pax Verum about this right now too. So we've got that the many styles that they have of beer, the Founder's Grounds coffee that they have here as well, but they also have great food. They also make cocktails. This is just an incredible place. So on this Thursday when we're blessed with incredible weather, it's very unlike the end of July right now, which yeah, I know I need it hotter and more sweaty, but everybody digs this type of weather and this is the spot to do it, the Speedway City Garage. We are here until six o'clock. I'll be hanging well after that, so plenty of time for you and a busy schedule. As I mentioned, Speedway President Doug Bowles, who was here a little bit earlier today, is going to join us coming up on the four o'clock hour live here. So if you haven't met Doug before, I haven't talked to Doug before, this is going to be your opportunity to do just that. We've got that. We've got Mike Chappel of CBS four and Fox fifty nine who was going to join us. I mentioned Jeff Matthews, who was the owner. The inspiration of this place is that of Jeff. And here's the interesting dynamic with Jeff. He and I go back aways. Although I don't think we really do. We cross paths much in taro Hoa to Indiana State.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 3: But he was and I make fun of him all the time, and I'm probably going to have to eat a little bit of crap here today. Pikes, he was a pike. They're the ones I talk about that had all dude parties back in the day. So he's We're going to make sure that wasn't always the case. Evidentally, but we'll talk to Jeff about that. In our days at Indiana State, we were just comparing a lot of the stats. He was a manager at Indiana State, and I was the guy that had all the parties. He was a manager for Tates Locke at Indiana State. Uh, Tates Locke had a squad that wasn't always so great. Tates Locke had among other players for end of the show, and you know PJ. Thompson Isaiah Thompson obviously of high school and now collegiate fame, and you know PJ is going to become I'm assuming the next head coach after Matt Painter up in West Lafaietta Purdue. But their father Isles South Thompson, the guard from Pike and the South. Thompson and Marcus Johnson were both at Indiana State at the same time and playing for Tates Locke as Jeff and I were at Indiana State. And while Jeff was the manager for Tates Locke and the Sick back then, I was the guy that through the parties and that Tates Locke ended up saying, you know what, you guys are no longer allowed to ever go to this guy's parties again, which merely made me feel good. So it was pretty good. They were no longer you cannot go to Ethan Crawford ever again, no more six oh six South fifth, no more sixth than deming. They were not allowed to go. It was a director from the head coach. They were not allowed to go to my parties. But the manager is Jeff, not only that tremendous race fan, tremendous IndyCar fan, and with NASCAR coming in town this weekend and in fact later on today with the haul or parade, we're going to talk to Jeff about what he has done here. And I say this all the time, if there's a place outside of where I live down in Bargainsville that I love even more than when I grew up in Green County in his Speedway. I love Speedway, and I have been here with Speedway when main Street was not nearly the way that it is right now. I don't know if you truly understand if you live in Speedway or around Speedway, how fortunate you are to have places like the Speedway City Garage and Main Street. It is absolutely spectacular and the way that it continues to evolve. The one thing that we're going to try to do, I'm gonna go over across the road here, across Main Street and tear down whatever the hell this thing is right here that's been up here forever. Once we get rid of that or do something with that, and we'll talk to Jeff I'm sure about that, and Doug Bowles coming up. Once we do something with this, the skeletal remains of an ill advised project. Once we do that, this place is going to be, as the young people say, absolutely cooking. It is awesome and I love Speedway. It is a tip of the cap to those that had this vision to put all of this together and actually next to the incredible Indianapolis Motor Speedway for days like today or days like any other day when we can all get together and have one hell of a time. We are at the Speedway City Garage and I'll explain it all to you. And while I explain it to you, you should be on the inbound getting over here and being a part of this, because this is exactly what we're looking for for the Hall of Parade coming up later on today. And then what is going to be a Brickyard four hundred weekend coming up here at IMS. And listen, the late great Robin Miller always said this, and I believe this to be one hundred percent true. No matter what you think about NASCAR and the Brickyard four hundred and the way that it was in ninety four compared to the way that it is right now, just always keep this in mind. Robin Miller always would say, whenever they open the doors, whenever they open the gates to IMS, that's a good day, and it's worthy of your time and your effort and your interest. And he was absolutely right. We certainly miss r there's no doubt about that. But he was so right about that every time they opened the gate, every time they opened the doors to IMS, it is worthy of being a part of it because it just stirs so many incredible memories. And that's what we're doing again today. And this place is outstanding. So we'll explain that. Coming up. Jeff's going to join us here. Dan Wetzel is going to join us. Coming up at the bottom of the hour, I saw where Iu got one of the top ranked quarterbacks coming in out of high school as a part of a recruiting class. We'll get to that story. And also with Dan, it's interesting the dynamic you got going on right now. You got the rest of the college football world hating, absolutely hating Kurt Signetti and IU. And it's funny. There are some things we never thought that we would talk about, certainly witness in this world, and that would have been where I was in January down in Miami for a national championship IU football team. But the way that they are universally now in college football hated by everybody, it is absolutely awesome, and I mean absolutely awesome. Does that not make you feel good? IU football fans? I mean, hell, you're the defending national champions You should feel good enough anyway, but that should feel even better. The fact that the Georgia's, the Alabamas, the LSUS, the SEC, the rest of the Big Ten, the Michigan's, the Ohio States, the USC's, the Oregons, the Oklahoma's, the Texas to they all hate you. It's a beautiful thing, it really is. Dan Wetzel and I discussed that, and then the massive changes that are going on in Michigan. They've had I had a lot of issues and then they won a national championship by doing what they hired somebody from Green County to coach a team, to help coach them to a national championship in Dusty May. And then Dusty May got offered by the Dallas Mavericks, which was a dream, but also probably saw that this whole Michigan thing is really, really weird. And we'll go over the really really weird part of about that Michigan dynamic with Ward Manuel, who is the outgoing ad, and more with Dan Wutsill coming up at the bottom of the hour. Colts Camp is going to start for the final time in Westfield that is coming up next week, and we'll get into that the final time at Grand Park in Westfield, which I think is a massive mistake and also reeks we're trying to save money and move back to West fifty sixth Street coming up next year. But camp is next week, and I cannot remember a time when there is more apprehension from Colts fans to really truly jumping on board and believe much about what is going on, not even last year. This year is also because here's the dynamic that works with the Colts this year is you have injuries, all right, They say this guy is going to be ready, But really, everything in the past that they have said has never really truly worked out, So why should I buy it. Whether we're talking about a quarterback or a wide receiver or a defensive tackle, you have three major portions of this team, and I'm not even going to factor in Mooney Ward, who is a concussion away maybe from being done, or Sauce Gardner coming back from an injury, or believing that your secondary is going to be the primary defensively to keep you guys on top over what is going to be a consistent pass rush. Yeah, that is out of the ordinary, without question. But even the belief last year I think was more than what you have going in to this year. Mike Chappel and I discussed that on the start of camp coming up in Westfield. Hey, listen, all you have to do is one significant thing that you have to do, and you have to win. If you win, you will squash a lot of what you believe to be a ridiculous conversation. If you don't, then everybody around here, every numb nuts like me around here, will end up being accurate about the situation. So that we shall see Mike Chappel joins us. Coming up in the five o'clock hour, we will go full scale discussion. All right, a couple of things here, the Fever role standing last night. I'm a huge basketball fan. You know that, I'm a huge offensive basketball fan, and what they did to Connecticut. First of all, Connecticut really does stink. They're not any good, but to do that, to be that dominant against the opposition is impressive and honestly comes around at a perfect time. Now you're going to the All Star break and you're going to help figure things out. Came at a perfect time, and really hopefully this is a rebirth of sorts to become what everybody thought you were going to be, if that makes sense. Last night was I thought, an exceptionally good night for the Fever. One twenty three eighty eight. That's a franchise record in points. Caitlin Clark early on could not miss. I mean really, nobody could miss. There was not a lot of defensive resistance from the Sun. They just didn't have it in them. And hopefully that is more of the product of the Fever than anything else, because they can come at you in waves. I know people want to talk about this and I'll bring it up and I'll tell you where I stand on it, because I brought this up before. It's really easy to look at a a technical situation with Kaitlyn Clark and know how good she is. But look at that situation and know that she's one more away from being suspended for a game. She's got seven right now, got one last night. And I'm gonna agree with everybody out there. Not always do I agree with you. It was an incredibly soft technical soft Again, what I have to tell you is, these officials are dumbasses. They're not any good. You always have to keep that in mind. And I know when you're living in the moment when you got somebody that did one stinking thing right the entire game. That Rivers chick did one thing right. She ripped Kaitlyn Clark, went to the other end, scored on a lefty layup, and then talked junk one thing right. They're down thirty and this chick does one thing right the entire game, and that was it. And then you go back and really that's just where we are today. And it's not just you know, the ladies in this case, the dudes do it too. I mean jackass dudes do this all the time. You do one thing right. Other I mean, you really suck, but you do one thing right, and then you got to talk junk about that one thing right you did. I don't I don't know if there's a license out there that's given or what. I think. It's just kind of the jackassery of certain people. And that's what you witnessed last night. But before you give an incredible soft technical pass, you got to keep this in mind. Why are we here, why are we discussing this? You can be the highest level of competitor and not put yourself in a situation where you're going to be lost for a game. And you know, like Stephanie White or you know, like Caitlin Clark. It's not easy for me to laugh that stuff off because that could bite you at some point. Hopefully it doesn't. If it doesn't, that's great. I mean, if you're able to pick and choose when you're going to get a t from some of these clowns, that's fantastic. But you put yourself in this situation nobody else has. Now you're head coach, you know what the officiating is. It's crap water, it's not going to all of a sudden get better. It's going to continue to be bad. Last night you're up thirty and last night it was one of those situations where I wish you would just let the other chick yip yap about it. And I know all you do, hopefully is rescinded. And I haven't heard today whether or not the technical has been rescinded. But if we get some news, I'm sure we will tell you. This should not be the massive news that it is. And for anybody that's ever thought, man, I wish Luka Doncik was on our team. I would love to have him on my team. But you know, this jackassery really does wear you out. This is going to wear you out too. And again, all is fine until you miss a game. You miss a game for your organization, you miss a game for your teammates, you miss a game exceptionally for the fan base that is counting on watching you play and spending a lot of money coming out watching you play. That's not so easy to laugh off. That's not so easy to make light of it. I realize you're in a position right now where you kind of have to I mean, what choice do you have If you're Stephanie White, you have to joke about it. If you're Kaitlin Clark, you have to joke about it. There is zero reason to be in this situation. None. And here's why I want you to understand the most about all this. This is not getting on Kaitlyn Clark. This is simply about understanding one thing. You are way too important with winning and losing in mind, for your team to be lost, for any game to be out, for any moment. You are way too important. If this was just some other back marker, some scrub, nobody would care. Nobody cares if you or I are out there running around like jackasses. Nobody cares if we're going to miss a game, But it matters when she does. And you can't have it both ways. Look at it this way too. If it were a situation where this were and frankly is never going to be, and that's great. If this were Tyres Halliburton, if this were a pacer player, you'd be all over their ass right now. If this were Daniel Jones or a colts player, you'd be all over their ass right now. I understand you can be competitive, and don't take it me that competitive nature away, But you can also be a competitive leader and understand your situation and when you're as deeply into it as she is right now, getting a technical you know, dumbass technical, soft technical, or not getting that when you're up thirty against the scrub that was talking some junk that had no other opportunity to do it during the game. Just don't do it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 3: And I want to hear that. Well, it's easy for you to say no, it should be just easy. That's what you are as a really smart, elite level talented player and a team leader. That's who you are. That's how we view you, that's how we describe you. You can't get that, and you cannot compromise your playing time for some scrub that doesn't matter. God, it doesn't matter. And you know what, she was right and was it soft? Yes, but you have to understand the officials that you're dealing with. They're awful. So it's not light you're going to get this great judgment. And I will also tell you this. You go back to that Friday game against Seattle, and any other player in the history of the world gets tossed for that diatribe. So she was able to side step that. Just don't compromise your place on this team and your participation on this team jacking around with this, right, it should be that easy. I don't think that should take away any of your competitive ability anything about you. You can't you can't let scrubs like that get into you, all right, you just can't have it. Hopefully that's rescinded. But James, I have not heard has that team been rescinded at all? Have you heard? I've been here at speed Way to City Garage, but I have not heard.
Speaker 4: I am not saying anything about it being rescinded.
Speaker 3: Yet it needs to be because it was so often. It was stupid. And here these clowns have to realize this.
Speaker 1: It was a.
Speaker 3: Scrub getting into a player that was shooting the lights out, playing really well, and that player's team was up thirty, and you would think, hey, we understand the situation. But again, these WNBA officials are clowns and they don't understand any situation. It's looked like, hey, you know what, well, wait a minute. I was working at Kroger and then all of a sudden, we're gonna put you. Here's your whistle, go out here and officiate this game. They're that bad, but you have to deal with it. What's up. You have to deal with it being that bad. There's no other way, no other way at all. And to be a leader, to be the most important player on that team, which clearly that is the case, just don't compromise your participation. Really old that anybody should ask. All right, Wetzel's going to join me on there on the side from ESPN Phalan's the on site engineer, Jeff Matthews is gonna mosey over on a second. We're going to relive old school stories from Terrell Hold and talk about the place right here, Speedway City Garage is outstanding. Hey, Jeff, come here for a second really quick. I want to hit a break. I want to make sure this this beer, this is one hundred and five calorie beer, and I'm rocking right here. Go ahead and put that headset on, put that microphone in front of your grill right there. This is outstanding beer. Tell me a little bit about it.
Speaker 1: So that Speedway City light logger is made in uh Lapel, Indiana. This is really it is indeed so uh there is almost as good a coat.
Speaker 3: It's almost as good as basketball, like the Hall Family or something. It's almost bad like Mark Barnheiser beer right here and you're going way back. Well, Mark Barnheiser was one of my dudes right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's but it's smooth. It's uh, I don't know. You're on your what.
Speaker 3: Easy?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I didn't say the number. No one's keeping tracks. I'm knee deep.
Speaker 3: I am knee deep into what is this called him?
Speaker 1: Speedway City light logger?
Speaker 3: There it is. Everybody sees it right here, and it's not like it's unusual for anybody. It is not for sure. All right, tell me a little bit about the place. We're going to hit a break and come back. I want you to hang the rest of the show. What will be here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Speedway City Garage right here, fifteen fifty two Main Street, right on the corner of Maine and sixteenth Street. You can't miss us. We are cocktails in the evening, coffee in the morning, where every lap begins and long day ends.
Speaker 3: Did you come up with that one yourself? Was that Indiana State Education coming out?
Speaker 1: It was? It was marketing slash health and safety management slash construction management. I changed my manager so many times I don't.
Speaker 3: Did you really?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just went I'd like I said this store the other day. Paul young House. Paul young House was my advisor, and when I went in in nineteen ninety three. This spring of ninety three, he said, quote, I think you're close enough to graduate, so go ahead and get going.
Speaker 1: I heard something very similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're close enough to graduate, so.
Speaker 1: Hey, go ahead and get going. We need to get gone.
Speaker 3: I thank you, Paul. I appreciate that more than you know.
Speaker 1: I recall, all right, what.
Speaker 3: Are the hours today? We got a haul of parade that's coming up a little bit later on, don't ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So haul of parade starts here at four forty five, so the streets already shut down, come down because people are starting to load up. It's going to run from four forty five to about six o'clock. Just so happens. JMV is going to be here until six and then we close at eight o'clock. So come see us.
Speaker 3: Got that night, sit tight, Jeff? All right, Speedway City Garage our location, Come and join us. Great food, the beverages are outstanding. Jeff will continue to be here to Dan Wetsll's going to join us. Coming up on the other side, Mike Chappell, CBS four and Fox fifty nine to the five o'clock hour, and Speedway Press Doug Bowles will be here. That is coming up in the four o'clock hour. Garth Brooks tickets for one of the four shows that we have coming up in August. That is a gamebrids Fieldhouse. Garth Brooks tickets coming up as well. More in the fever. If you want to comment, you can a little MLB. We can work that. In NFL news, the IU quarterback recruiting news is good. And you've got an IU team in South America. They're playing a Virgin Islands team. I will guarantee you that I could play for that Virgin Island. I just have to know how to try out. How do I get on this Virgin Islands team? By the way, and Purdue, I believe Matt Painter squad in Vancouver. That and more coming up. Speedway City Garage, NASCAR Hauler Parade coming up a little bit later on this afternoon. We're on Main Street. We would love to have you. Don't go anywhere. Ninety three to five and one oh seven five the fan, Let's get you Weather. Updated courtesy of Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: If anybody needed a victory, I think we have to start.
Speaker 4: Again ninety three five and one oh seven five The fan.
Speaker 3: Speedway City Garage is that day first over there is that day first.
Speaker 1: It is indeed, let's day first.
Speaker 3: Still get that profile right there, Jeff, he's a handsome fellow. My goodness, look at him. Look at the chicks are going wild. Day first walks inting here on the chicks are going crazy.
Speaker 1: It's maddening.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. Jeff Matthew's own Speedway City Garage. We'll talk about the ownership. We're gonna talk about some opportunities. We're gonna talk about what he has. We're gonna talk about the Hall of Parade for NASCAR and the brick Yard four hundred. Jeff hang out with US Speedway Press Doug Bowles coming up at the four o'clock ow. We're just looking for you here meantime on the Andy Moore Automotive Group potline. He knows I love him, but he forgot about me. A couple of days ago from ESPN, the senior writer Dan Webb, so it joins us. My pal did you forget about me?
Speaker 7: You don't you know, you don't call en up anymore? Don't spend flowers?
Speaker 1: You know, right?
Speaker 7: Like you know? No, it was bad.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 1: I am sorry, my man year old.
Speaker 7: You, and more importantly to your listeners.
Speaker 3: Oh it is It is all good, pal. You know that you know how much I love you out there too. And hey, speaking of love, let's go to the opposite of love. Ride here hate. Would I you in the football program be the most hated in college football and the landscape right now? Is that what we're looking at?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't think they're hated. Why because they're they're they're the champs.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll look at the sec rallying in the troops, you know, Ohio State and Michigan. You're looking at this Infiltrator. You know, it used to be the doormat of college football, and now all of a sudden it's now the defending national champion. It seems like, hey, everything is all great until team like this Infiltrates gets in and wins the national title. Now everything has to change. Why so much hate?
Speaker 8: Dan?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Well, jealousy, I would say, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 7: The one thing that Indiana did was blow out the excuse for about fifty programs that's not more and why why you can't compete? And that to me is the most fascinating part of their their run, because I think you could reasonably sat around and said, hey, you know, how good can I don't know, you know, Missouri b how good can Michigan State really be? How good can Minnesota? Well, Indiana Uh was sixteen and up. So uh, that's how good you can be if you get the right guy and and you're you get the right alignment and you get everything going.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: There's but I'd say there's a lot of jealousy, there's a lot of concern. When you're on top, you're gonna take the shots. But I don't think you're anywhere near the most heated.
Speaker 3: So Dan Wetzel of ESPN ESPN dot COM's on the Andy Moore Automotive Group podline, how much longer do you think that the whole landscape of how you go about building a team and running you know, running a program within i L with a transfer portal? How much long exevity do you think this ultimately has?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 7: I would think it I think they'll they'll try to come up with some stuff, but there's only so much they can really limit it. At this point, the money is there. But even even if they got some kind of ability to limit transfers to a degree where you know, they talk about you only have five years to play or something and you have one one transfer without penalty, which I think is fine. You know, you can't transfer every year, but if you have one transfer without penalty, and then you're always allowed to transfer once you've graduated. To become a grad student, you basically got two and three and a half to four years three years. Sometimes these kids graduate pretty quick. So I think the roster movements kind of here to say, say it's about building a roster. I don't think they're going to be able to get you know, there's definitely people in the SEC to look back at the glory days of Yeah, Georgia and Alabama got all the recruits and that's why they always won. But I just don't see that getting bad. There's no way to put that toothpaste back in the tube. So WoT some limits, but I don't think it's going to totally affect in Indiana.
Speaker 3: Hey, Dan, is that why we see the SEC. There seems to be a little bit of freak out going on there with Greg Sankee and and really lot of the coaches and the teams, is that what they see do they see the longer term situation that they're going to have to deal with with this college football landscape that they never had to prior.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, and like some of these complaints, if there was one thing about SEC media days, what we kept hearing is the Committee has to respect our strength to schedule right, And I'm not unsympathetic to that argument. I think the depth of the SEC is better than anywhere else. I think it's better. You know, the eighth nine tenth best team is better than maybe the eight nine tenth of the Big ten, or they certainly care more. There's not many teams that are just sort of there kicking along your UCLA's or your Rutgers or whatever. But if you look at last year, the Committee absolutely gave the SEC the benefit of the doubt. They put Oklahoma in the playoffs that didn't really have a great win. Their best win was Michigan, but that wasn't a very good team and they got in without even debate. Alabama survived a terrible loss in the SEC championship game and.
Speaker 3: Got in Notre Dame.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a Big ten team, but it was Notre Dame that got left out. And what did Oklahoma and Alabama do the respected because of their schedule, Well, they must be pretty good. Alabama beat Oklahoma and then they got beat thirty eight to three or so it was at least thirty eight to three in the enda. They got run off the field at the road balls, So like, what are you complaining about? Like, you got your chance and your teams didn't didn't show anything. They haven't had an SEC hasn't had a team in the title game in three years, let alone win it. They're losing significantly, you know, they're they're they're grasping as things to complain about. But getting more SEC teams into the playoffs has what's that going to show? You know, we're not seeing these SEC teams make you know, huge runs. I guess Ole missed last year. That was pretty good. They made the final four, but you know we are It's not like you're you're you're watching these fourth or fifth place teams and all of a sudden, the Final four at three STV team So I think they're they're scrambling looking for something because they spent so many years dominant and then crowing about that dominance as is understandable, and they don't have that right now.
Speaker 3: So Dan Wetzel VESPN ESPN dot Com, Dan, friend of the Shows on the Andy Moore Onto Motive Group, Potline, Speedway City Garage, our location. Jeff's going to rejoin the second Doug Bowles Top of the Hour is going to be here live. Your staked out home base is Michigan. Dusty May is a long time high school friend of mine. He bails after a national title, goes to Dallas. And I do know this, Dan, I know that that was always a goal of his, like any other coach, to coach at the highest level, and he was offered and he took. But what is left behind? What is going on right now in an arbor? And was there a lot in your opinion of what you hear and what you know going up there that helped maybe him consider even more so that the NBA should be his next stop and be his next stop this year.
Speaker 7: You know, I kind of feel like Dusty was above the above the Fray as much as their Michigan keeps finding ways to put themselves in the headlines here.
Speaker 5: You know, the.
Speaker 7: Harbaugh error was over. Sharon Morse. Scandals were really personal at this point. I mean, he got cheating on his wife with a staff member. That's not that's not really a NCA violation. He had a lot of problems, but Dusty had his own program running and they had plenty of backing and all that, and obviously he knew he would keep aable winning national teams there. I just think, like you said, anybody knows Dusty for a long time. The NBA's long intrigued him, and you know, I think he's gonna do pretty well. We'll see. But even if he does it, the thing about going to the NBA, it's not a career killer. Michigan is a very good place to coach basketball, but it's not like it's the only place, and there are probably places even better. So if Dusty may a couple of years it doesn't work out in Dallas, he can have the number one job whatever's open that year. All these schools will beg to get him, whether it's you know, Kansas or North Carolina or even not you or whatever whatever's open that year. He'll go get it, So I think it. I don't think one had so much to do with the other. If he had stayed he was, he was in great shape.
Speaker 3: Blinton. He always told me how important he was as a part of his staff and his program. And obviously now he gets annoyed. They're in an arbor to lead that that program and that team is ending champion. He look back at his time at Oklahoma State and there was nothing really great about that. But I just know what Dusty tells me, and he was a huge part of the success of that program while he was in n R. But what do you think about the guidance there moving forward?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it was a good movie, kept them, kept the roster together for next year, and we'll see. Think about Mike Boyton, he is his tenure in Oklahoma State does not stand out. However, two of the years they were like banned from the nca Basketball to ornament. He's dealing with a lot of sanctions. That program has lost a lot of juice. I think the rise of the Oklahoma City Thunder has played a role in sort of the de emphasis of I wasn't a de emphasis, but the last there's just not the passion around Oklahoma State and Okahoma basketball that there once was when those were the those were the teams. That's that's where basketball fans had to turn. And now, okay, see is so good. He did coach Kate Cunningham, who happens to be the biggest star in the biggest city of the state of Michigan. So you know, he's an experienced guy, but he's young, so we'll see he's gonna have a great chance to win the job. It's a two year contract, which is basically a one year contract, but you don't have to get asked, you know, in the middle of November if you win or lose a game, are you coming back or not. It's a pretty smart contract.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 7: He's got a great chance because they he kept almost all of the roster together and it should be a pretty good roster.
Speaker 3: I get down here really soon, all right, man, it's always great to have you on. We're going to stay in touch as we get closer to the end of summer, end of the fall. But then I appreciate you more than you know, pal.
Speaker 1: Thank you, talk to you later.
Speaker 3: Man, Dan Wetzel, ESPN, ESPN dot com. So they any more. Automotive Group, Hootlines Speedway City Garage. Look who I have right here? I don't even know your title? Day First. We saw day First over there because his profile was stunning.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I need to figure out what my title is.
Speaker 3: What is your title over there?
Speaker 2: Di Mass Communications for Indy Car?
Speaker 3: Oh really? Oh yeah, wow, you got to keep track all that. We're all my dasscar drivers.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Oh yeah, you don't have any series.
Speaker 3: So they just they just run in. They just run in and like take your office space up and.
Speaker 2: Do not No. Actually, we're trying to get real business done. And there's like a bunch of NASCAR haulers out in the parking lot. Hey where put the park Come on?
Speaker 3: So what do you think about Speedway City Garage? Full? Do you like it? Love it? Yeah? That's great place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so nice.
Speaker 3: I know you get it run.
Speaker 2: I think they've done up and down Main Street here was so nice.
Speaker 3: So this is the crown jewel of Main Street, right, it's what we hit it.
Speaker 2: Drst me, Doug Bowl. You're having Dug on.
Speaker 3: He's coming over at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: He's a regular at this point.
Speaker 3: He sure well. He sent me a picture he texted me a picture this morning he and Jeff. So, yeah, okay, you' be there later off today, I said, Okay.
Speaker 2: He's grabbing coffee.
Speaker 1: He's grabbing coffee, Yes he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you good here, good man, good to see what everything? Okay, that is the awesome day. First, you remember him obviously of our TV six back when uh they were a lot different, no doubt. Jeff Matthews, the owner of Speedway City Garage. We'll get back with Jeff on the look at that. Jeff got a lot of fans here, like a cool a lot. Is this like a Pike fraternity party? You got here, Hi party? Here we go, Here we go, Hey, you gotta join us. The main street, the hauler parade for NASCAR's coming up to Jeffrey Joints. Doug Bowles is going to be here too, the Speedway President, Speedway City Garage with ninety three five and one oh seven five, the fan.
Speaker 4: The ride with JMV.
Speaker 7: I'm looking for the least possible amount of responsibility, not.
Speaker 4: He three five and one oh seven five, the fans.
Speaker 3: That is damn right right there. Hey, I want to give you this bit of information. I know you guys all love live music right, So a limited time offer especial six hour savings offer Ruoff Music Center Box Office. This is coming up tomorrow the twenty fourth, from noon until six. You got incredible deals on shows at Ruleoff that remain. That is noon until six coming up tomorrow. The reason why I bring this up, James, You know this to be true, don't you? Our boss David Woods said hey, can you bring this up? And I think yeah. We love live music, We have listeners that love live music. Make sure noon tomorrow with Ruoff, you guys get dialed into that because we want to send you to some incredible shows Tomorrow at noon the savings begin. Now it's a short time of savings, about six hours of it, but check it out. Thank me later for that. Speedway City Garage. Jeff Matthews is the owner. We are very very special guests we have for Matt in Speedway. He spins us.
Speaker 4: Now madd in Speedway joins us. So you wanted to bring something up about Jeff that maybe people don't know.
Speaker 9: Actually, I just wanted to say thanks, longtime listener, Thank you matt oftentime caller.
Speaker 3: Now where do you live here in Speedway?
Speaker 1: I'm over on Moler Road, just north of the high school. He's the guy that has his Christmas lights up on his house all year long.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Can see whatever you don't Jack Wade taking him.
Speaker 1: We don't have HOA, so he can say whatever he wants. He can do whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't have hoa either, which is great. I don't know how people function with h I'd say once you guys just sticking up yours whatever else want.
Speaker 1: That's how we do it here in speed I want to put a.
Speaker 3: Turkey farm out here. By God, I'm putting a turkey farm out here. Go with it, all right, So Matt in Speedway, I.
Speaker 9: Just wanted to thank and I want to thank Jeff for this place too, Mike. My kids in here all the time, grabbing carfee in the morning. And Jeff's been a long time supporter of the town of Speedway.
Speaker 3: We were in dance.
Speaker 4: Choir together in high school.
Speaker 3: It was pret Dance Squire Jazz hand Well, Jeff, okay, So what was the most popular song you guys performed in dance choir?
Speaker 9: Probably Hernando's Hideaway.
Speaker 1: Jesus, what are we doing here? Man? Old man?
Speaker 3: So Jeff, Jeff, did you guys wear special uniforms via this tuxedos.
Speaker 9: It saved us money when problem came around.
Speaker 3: Did it bring the chicks out? That's all that matters. As long as it brought the chicks out in school.
Speaker 1: The smart chicks.
Speaker 3: The smart chicks came out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Jeff, Jeff's been a longtime Speedway resident and a good friend, and yeah he's Uh.
Speaker 3: Isn't it cool to see what he's accomplished with this. It's fantastic and still going to continue to do here. I love what main Street has become. I go back much like you do, you know, I go back to the days in the eighties, and while I still loved it here, it is so massively different, but different in a good way. Hero main Street and Speedway.
Speaker 4: We missed the White Castle being on the island out here.
Speaker 1: I miss Wild Cherry over there.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I ever went in there. I went. I did a show at Winter Circle over once when I was at Inde. This is a true story, and my engineer, Eddie Hazel, we had a long, like six minute top of the hour break and he took me in there and got me a lapper during the break and then brought me back and I did the four o'clock hour after the lapper. Nice, Yeah, Jeff and I had a short. I don't even know what the lapper looked like, but I just it was. It was like something I don't think anybody's ever done. I got a six minute lapper during a break in the four o'clock Holiber Show. Shout out to Eddie Hazel back in the dead. It was ed Ed Hazel The Bob and Tom Show got me a lapper at four o'clock hour right there. But I still loved it, though, But I know it's massively different.
Speaker 1: It is different, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 9: It's much improved. It's family friendly. It's I mean, there's kids in here. People are usually saying nowt there with dogs, and it's Uh, it's been a great matt Great to see you, pal, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming on here talking about the Showriar Show with Jeff Matthews. Right here, Jeffrey Johnson, he's gonna be Doug Bowles, the Speedway Press is gonna be your life coming up here in a couple of minutes too. We got that, and we got Mike Chappel coming up a little fever conversation. We can do and Garth Brooks tickets four shows now at Gambridge field House coming up in August. We have your shot to win those coming up a little bit later on.
Speaker 4: Do not go anywhere. Speedway Sitty Garage.
Speaker 3: This is the place to be with the NASCAR Haul of Parade and Mara coming up. Ninety three five and one oh seven five The.
Speaker 4: Fan The Ride with JMV ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan. Hey, welcome back to the Speedway Sitting Garage.
Speaker 3: Founders Coffee right Founder's Grounds. There's grounds pax Varn beer. Jeff Matthews, is you have the owner? What am I drinking again?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 3: I love?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 3: Man? Chairs to you. Good to see you, guys. It is failing. The on site engineer Peyton for the first time with me, is like a nervous wreck over here. Okay, did you chill out a little bit? He's hopped up at you. We got to get Peyton chilled out. Payton's like a raw nerve. Right here. There's Speedway President Doug Bowles walking over here. I Doug Bowles towards us. Everybody loves him right here. So what do you think of this place? This is pretty awesome. It's pretty cool. You come here twice a day, That's what I hear.
Speaker 5: Certainly first thing in the morning, right, and I gotta get my coffee, and it's you know, you can keep an eye on the place because it's right across the streets.
Speaker 3: Did you walk over here? I did. I walked over there and got this. I saw you.
Speaker 5: I was going west earlier today and I saw you walking across the stoep.
Speaker 3: I was walking across the street, yep. And I let cars just go ahead and go yep.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean, better than getting hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to get hit. I will say this, what they have done with its entire area at Speedway City Garage is incredible, especially for those of us that know what it looked like guys back in the eighties, for example. Yep.
Speaker 5: No, this is a huge transition. I started working here in twenty ten, and you had Dawson's and you had Charlie Brown's and that was really it. And just to see what the town of Speedway's really done with main street's fantastic. And you know, Jeff had Founders Grounds Coffee where I spent most of my mornings before he came here, and when he said I've got this idea, I think a lot of us are like, I don't do that. This is perfect because the way his coffee shop was before and this is the vision of this is pretty impressive. And we in the idea you get a beer at what's seven in the.
Speaker 1: Morning, seven thirty seven thirty.
Speaker 3: It was like right up my alley, right there, I know. So now would you come up, Jeff with this idea or the beer, the cocktails, the coffee, the food and all of it strutting early?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's one of those deals where it's not it's not a new concept, it's just one that needed to be refined a little bit. So there's other places that do coffee and cocktails and beer, but not all day long. You know, they'll stop the service of coffee at a certain point of the day. But we also know that people like their lattes later on the afternoon. So it made sense for us to to do this concept. And I think it's gonna work out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe it's been pretty good. So Beth, that's here, Connor's mom my wife. So she just said, I bet allowed everybody. So she's drinking the coffee today.
Speaker 3: I go so it's kind of running coming up here.
Speaker 5: He's running trucks tomorrow Park, and you know, I connor a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of love for that too, because I love the Truck Series race, you know what.
Speaker 5: And he's and he will he will drive anything. He's a racers racer, which is really cool. And the one thing I love about this week. And we have the sprint car race tonight at the Speedway Tomorrow night, you have the trucks at Raceway Park. You had practice for both Cup and O'Reilly tomorrow, and then you've got to know Riley Race on Saturday, and then on Sunday you've got the Cup race. So if you're a race fan, just the opportunity to see all the different kind of racing in just such a small area and short amount of time, it's pretty cool for this.
Speaker 3: Does he feel comfortable and doing the trucks at O'Riley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did it. He did it a couple of years ago and they actually they rolled him out for practice and the car, the truck broke so he couldn't qualify, so he started last. So we got some time just running around at the back and so I think I think it'll be good he's looking forward to it a funny he's doing some RAM deal. So Ram Trucks has been putting celebrities or non NASCAR drivers in the cars all year long, and like Tony Stewart was in it during the Daytona five hundred weekend, so it's it'll be fun for him.
Speaker 3: I think, what's this weekend mean for you?
Speaker 5: It's hard to believe that we're like our thirty third brickyard, right It's it still feels like it's so new, but it's become one of the traditions here. It's really important for us. I think from a just putting continuing to put the Indianapolimotor Speedway on on the I ast told it belongs on, and this is a great weekend. You know, we continue to see that the ticket sales slowly creeping up as it relates to a brickyard. You know, look, it's never going to be the DY five hundred. We have three hundred and fifty thousand people here in May and you'll have sixty five or seventy thousand people here on Sunday, and you know that's twenty percent of the venue. So it's pretty crazy how it looks but it's a great event, and I love working with our friends in NASCAR. We got to race with them at Phoenix last year. We'll probably race with them at Phoenix again next year. So they've been pretty good partners for us, not just here but across the board.
Speaker 3: I love the fact too. You think about the growth of the five hundred too, and you know, selling out as much, and it seems like that we have never seen the enthusiasm for that race more than we see it right now.
Speaker 5: You know, people always say, well, why is it selling out. It's selling out because our fans. It has nothing to do with really us. Our fans have just embraced the Indy five hundred again, and there are people that continue to come back and not just come back, but they bring people with them. And you know that it has nothing to do with anything other than it starts right here in this community. If you in April, in this community when it comes alive and the people decorate their porches, and then it goes out from the speedway into the city of Indianapolis and central Indiana, and we just take an awful lot of pride as a community in events, but certainly the Indy five hundred and that's really the secret sauce that makes it so special, the people that show up every year.
Speaker 3: I got an email a little bit earlier that said, plan ahead for this weekend. What does that mean? Plane ahead? Plan ahead? I never plan ahead, so I want to have to try.
Speaker 5: So I don't How did you get here from downtown? The sixteenth Street bridge, right, So that's one of the big.
Speaker 3: Things that people don't know. It came from Bargersville.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but a lot of people that are coming from downtown or do it the way they've always done. Sixteenth Street bridge closed. It's a pain on a regular day, let alone a day where we've got events going on. So just trying to make sure people know how they're getting here, where they're going to park, when things are going to happen, just makes it a lot easier. Oftentimes you put something in on your on your mobile device and it takes you to the wrong place. So just making sure people are making making their plans before they come to sea.
Speaker 3: I saw that a little bit earlier too, So how's this going compared to maybe the last five years?
Speaker 5: So I would say ten years ago the Brickyard four hundred was on life support. It was really struggling. The racing product wasn't as good as we wanted it to be. It was hot in the summer. People were just sort of struggling with NASCAR in general. That was a problem. And then over the last few years we went to the road course, which gave us a little bit of bump the first year, and there I said, okay, that's a novelty and we did a couple more years. But just getting back to the oval has been good. The racing has been relatively decent. I think it continues to get better. So it's growing, and it's growing slowly, but it is going the right direction.
Speaker 3: Was it close to not being here any longer?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I think for the drivers it's still one of their crown jewels, especially when it's on the oval. The road course they struggled with. You know, unless you were Michael McDowell right, you wanted it on the You wanted it to be on the oval. So I don't think it was ever close to being taken away from here because it is a crown jewel. But we definitely need to get it off life support, and I think we've done that.
Speaker 3: What are some of the things you've done to create more enthusiasm.
Speaker 5: A lot of what we've done is I think, you know, sometimes familiarity breeds contempt, right, and so the more we were familiar with the oval and the racing product, and more frustrated we got with it. So when we went back to the road course and that was okay for a year, and then people were like, hang on a minute, if you race at the Indian Apposmotor Speedway, you want to win on the oval. And so I think that created some energy. Kyle Larson certainly helped the fact that Kyle was running the five hundred for the two years he did and then doing the brickyard here that was helpful. I think NASCAR has picked up some more star names, which has helped it. And then one of the thing I love the most about is we continue to be fifteen and under free. With your flex ticket. You can actually get a grand stand ticket as an adult and bring fifteen and nunders for free, and you can choose those grandstands. There's several grand stands you can do with that. So just trying to get creative how we make the customer experience better and the value better.
Speaker 3: That is Speedway President Doug Bowles, the owner Speedway City Garage, and Jeff Matthews, you want a question for Doug? You got a question for Doug right here.
Speaker 1: You know, I talked to Doug almost every day.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you do. And Doug and I go back caffeinated up right.
Speaker 1: We get him all, well, you know, we've actually got a drink named after him. So he comes in and he orders a certain drink, and so we got to a point where like, well, we're just gonna name this drink after him. So we got the president and it's interesting and it's fun to watch and listen to the president order the president. Yeah, that's what he does.
Speaker 3: That's that's great.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Doug and I go back for a few years and back to diar l days when he was a panther and I was with a small team, and and it's just it's it's fun to sit here today and here we are.
Speaker 3: You know, do you have a lot of relationships like that when when you go back to your days before you were a president.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot. Yeah, I have a handful of relationships like that.
Speaker 3: Those seem like that they could be the strongest of bonds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are there are some of those that are really strong. And then and so we talk coffee. But we also like pinball machines. Yeah, yeah, so we get a chance we're talking about In fact, this morning we were talking about pinball machines.
Speaker 3: All right, so what are we talking about? What pinball machines?
Speaker 5: So we both have the same machine. It's called spin Out. It's a nineteen seventy five racing themed, pretty simple machine. It means more to Jeff than I love it for the racing, but he remembers it. He had it in his house as a kid, and so I got mine and when I when I end up with mine, he's like, I gotta find one, And so we talk about that, and then what other racing machines do we want to get? And it's just kind of fun.
Speaker 3: So I've always wanted the Gorgaar pinball machine because I believe that was the first one that had voice activation, like when you walk by it. Gorgaar Gary, I've always wanted and I never really understood what Gorgaar was, but it was just so awesome for the time. I've always looked for that. You guys aware as pinball officiare of Gorgar.
Speaker 5: And it's funny when you get it. Yes, yes, I am, for sure, But when you get into that the number. There's a lot of people that are in the pinball machines and when they hear you're into it, they start and people will call you and say, I've got this game. You want this game? And I'm pretty focused on racing related games with their people out there looking.
Speaker 3: For every how many of racing well, we were looking this.
Speaker 5: Morning and so so there's a there's a website called pin Side, and on pin Side you can have a wish list and I think I probably got what we would look like ten or eleven racing related games, so that we're there's an amazing Indy five hundred game that fortunately Beth allowed me to pick up a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years ago ago.
Speaker 5: That's h and that was done in nineteen ninety five ninety six. So it's got Bobby Unser's voice, and it's got Paul Page's voice, and you can hear Tom Carnegie and it it's a really it's a really cool INDI five hundred game. But there's a bunch most of the racing games were done in the nineties.
Speaker 3: We'll be right so I just think about those games. I think about like Playboy with Hugh Hefner and then Kiss as well. Those were some of the the phenomenal pinball.
Speaker 1: But I mean, and Doug's got a great one that I wish I had, the Evil caniebl Oh, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how many do you have?
Speaker 5: Just three? I just have, but my wish list is a bunch more than that. So I keep telling Beth, we need to make more room in the basement so that can So.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny people, But what's the third do you have?
Speaker 1: The rate?
Speaker 5: So I've got the ny five hundred games, spin Out and an Evil Canievl or the three games that that I've got.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, that's great. I love pinball, Gass.
Speaker 5: It is really fun.
Speaker 3: It is really fun. Do you think that that a lot of the video games, the old school video games, have stood the test of time. Has pinball done the same thing?
Speaker 5: Pinball's kind of come back now. You're see an awful lot of people with pinball, and then you also see like the old pac Man's and the old pack you know, Misspacked. Those games also are kind of big right now. So there are a lot of people that collect.
Speaker 3: Them and you have an arcade in your basement.
Speaker 5: We've got three mission not an arcade, but we have three machines in the basic.
Speaker 3: I guess the video games and there too, Gallaga maybe the Little Donkey Kong or something like.
Speaker 5: That could be.
Speaker 3: I'm looking looking okay, and the reason the reason why I want to bring I know, I think she's okay with it. We could put a little peer.
Speaker 5: Pressure on right here that we want, Yeah, we could.
Speaker 3: So what is are you involved at all with the the Indy Car video?
Speaker 5: For sure? One hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Where are we going with that right now?
Speaker 5: Well, so we've had the I Racing has been fantastic, So the simulator side of racing has been really really good over the last decade or so. But we haven't had a console game in twenty years, and so that's we have been really working hard to get a console game. And when I Racing decided to get into console games, they actually did the NASCAR game that's out right now. They say, hey, let's go figure out how to do an IndyCar game. So we've seen a lot of the renders and some of the some of the initial play the game. It'll it'll come out the first quarter of next year. Really excited about that and that that opens us up to a completely new audience because there are sim gamers and then there are console gamers. So the folks that really play the you know, the play PlayStations and the xboxes, that this will be that for them, and it's going to be great for our sport. And you get to play the drivers you like, the cars you like. It's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Who's on the cover?
Speaker 5: We don't have a cover yet. We're working on that, so we got a little bit of time. We got a little bit of time to get there. Yeah, so what are the.
Speaker 3: Options of the cover right now?
Speaker 5: You know, it's a great question. I don't know exactly what we'll so I think it's going to be called IndyCar the game. So well, Alex Plow would be the guy that you pick right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, I mean, well, they like fight over who wants to be on the cover.
Speaker 5: No, I think we'll look at what makes the most sense for the sport. My guess is it would be the car and some and multiple drivers at that point.
Speaker 3: It's funny. My kid, who Blake, is a big race fan, text me the other day, so he's watching the Sopranos series. He goes man Aj is playing some cart the kart racing game from I think ninety nine or two thousand, I don't know which one that was, but he was actually playing it on an episode of the Sopranos. That's the type of product placement you guys need right there.
Speaker 5: And so so we're excited about the opportunities that'll that'll present for us, and I think it's gonna be a good game.
Speaker 2: And it's long, long.
Speaker 5: Long, over time.
Speaker 3: Why why has it been so long?
Speaker 5: Well, I think a lot of it is we hadn't focused on it so for a period of time. When there was the split, that was a challenge. And then when you unification happened, people were just worried about getting this moving the sport forward. And I just don't know that the audience was big enough, you know, there wasn't enough momentum for somebody to take the risk of creating a game like that. And then Motorsports Games was going to do a game for us, and that that whole company went under, and really what I Racing did was stepped in and said, look, this is there's too much value in this let's figure out how we make it work from here. So a lot of it was just the timing wasn't right for IndyCar, and then the Motorsports game things fell apart, and now we're at the point where I think I racing trying to step into the console game that makes sense for that.
Speaker 3: Was it disappointing with the way things went down with the weather following the World Cup match last week in Nashville.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really disappointing. You know, the worst part about outside races, especially ovals's weather. First of all, everybody's in. Everybody's a weather man, right because we all have it on our apps. Even the five hundred this year, I had people saying, Hey, you need to cancel the five hundred, move it to Monday. You're crazy for stay And the one thing that I've learned is you cannot make a decision on weather until you're within a few hours of the weather. There's maybe there every once in a while you know for sure you're going to get a massive rain and you can move on. But for the most part, especially here, the weather changes. So I'm just glad we stuck with it. Same thing with Nashville. What hurt us at Nashville was the lightning delays that happened essentially as soon as the as soon as the soccer game was over, not the postgame, but as soon as the game ended, or when they were real close to ending, we started getting in lightning delays. But the weather was missing us other than the lightning, and if you were within eight miles, TV has to come down, all of their all of their guys have to come out, so you couldn't broadcast it anyway. So we kept having these weather delays, and then we thought we were going to be okay, and it looked like the rain was going to miss us, and then the one of the storms that was going to go to just miss us barely started blowing up, and that was that rain that caused us the issue. So a lot of people are giving us a hard time, saying, well, if you'd come out of soccer earlier, Actually we had a weather delay soccer. Fox stayed with soccer longer than they planned because what we really wanted to do was come out of soccer and go right to racing, not to pre race, but right to racing. And so they said, look, we'll stay at soccer longer to give us that opportunity which we thought we'd get, and then ultimately that rain came and was so so much rain that we just knew we couldn't we couldn't move on, and then we, you know, have to run on Monday, and running on Monday's terrible. The good news about the Monday race was we we still had seven hundred and seventy five thousand viewers on a Monday afternoon, right, we had two point nine million viewers that actually watched the rain delay broadcast of IndyCars. So you know what, I think we're most excited about that. Seven to seventy five on a Monday afternoon is a pretty strong number.
Speaker 3: I look back to as you're probably hoping for non extra time worry not for that soccer match. Did you find yourself say we'll just get this thing.
Speaker 5: Well, initially we were. We were not wanting not the extra time, and then when it got an extra time, right, you know, we ended up having that rain delay. So even if that non extra time hadn't a lightning delay, even if that hadn't happened, we'd have been in the same situation with lightning. But yes, as the game was going, we're like just get this game over note and let us have an opportunity to go racing.
Speaker 3: And that's that's hard right there, when you're dealing with mother nature of good luck with it, seriously, I mean to do nothing. And yeah, and it's good that you've got that good number on Monday too, because that's also a tough avenue to take, right For sure, you never really know what you're going to get, and most of the time, if you feel you know what you're going to get, it is probably not going to be great.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, no, it was. It was not ideal. The worst part is the way it's terrible for fans. I mean, you've got fans who have to go to work but have to go back to work on Monday, or who have made other plans, and you put fans in a really, really terrible spot. We talked at one point in time, as do we just try and go as late as we can and get it in on on Sunday night, And we were prepared at that point in time to go to eleven o'clock start time, But when that trenchial rain came, we realized there's no way we'd make it by eleven.
Speaker 3: Even that is Speedway President Doug Bolls and Jeff Matthews, the owner here of Speedway City Garage, and that's the location the NASCAR Haller Parade. Doug, this is the first time I've ever seen one. We's entail. I've never been here before.
Speaker 5: Saw the trucks that bring all the cars in. We call them transporters in IndyCar. They call them haulers in NASCAR. So all the transporters lined up here. It's a really cool event because so many people come to this with kids, and it's a really cool opportunity for kids to get right up next close to those trucks. The truck drivers oftentimes are handing out hero cards. It just is a fun way to celebrate the fact that the Brickyards just around the corner. This Haller Parade idea started here in Indianapolis. There's a couple other communities that do it now, but this is as much a tradition as kissing the Bricks thirtieth anniversary of that this year at the Brickyard. It is the Haller Parade that comes right here on Main Street, and then everybody all these businesses on Main Street, so we're in one of the great ones here on the North end. But walking up and down Main Street there's tons of shops, tons of place to eat. It's really a cool evening of just seeing the haulers and getting a chance to check out the vibrancy of Main Street.
Speaker 3: Do you have a favorite NASCAR driver? Oh?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: Your favorite driver is coming here tomorrow night? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I mean yeah, so Connor would be my favorite ye card driver. Followed behind if it wasn't family related. Followed behind by Will Power because Will it's just crazy.
Speaker 3: Sure, he's crazy, all right. So I'm a.
Speaker 5: Chase Briscoe fan, a Christopher Bell fan, and a Kyle Larson fan. Those would be my two.
Speaker 3: So here's what's funny about Chase briscow around here, and he's kind enough to come on the show often, and he's from Mitchell, Indiana, down where I'm from. It does not seem like that he gets the love nor the notoriety that certainly Jeff Gordon got from the time that he's spent over in Hendricks County or Tony Stewart from being from here as well. How do you get I mean, is it all up to winning and results or what is it with Chase? Because it seems like if you're really going to embrace somebody around here that would be the dude because he is from La Rule Lawrence County, for sure.
Speaker 5: I think Jeff came to NASCAR exactly the right time. You had the older guard beginning to slow down. You had this young, good looking kid from Indiana slash California, and he instantly became successful. Yeah, and so Chase has not been as successful as Jeff, as He's obviously won some races. He's really competitive and he's a great guy, and I hope to the extent he continues to win races that that people get on board, especially Hoosiers, get on board with Chase. He's a great guy. He and Connor get along really well. It's pretty fun when you see some of these indy car drivers who actually have good relationship with NASCAR drivers. In fact, I think Connor spent some time Bend and Chase's here about driving trucks.
Speaker 3: Even that's pretty cool. I just think that he is as talented, and I just kind of wonder why, you know, from locally speaking, he doesn't get as much known.
Speaker 5: To Right and the other thing too. I think I think you think about the popularity of NASCAR when it came here in nineteen ninety four was such a big deal. I guess that was a part of the platform was maybe a little bit.
Speaker 3: Bitter, and Jeff was a phenomenon. He was definitely Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah he's actually he's actually over at the museum right now, is it really, Yeah, he's because we've got in the museum, we've got a Jeff Gordon exhibit. So he's over there officially doing the ribbon cutting.
Speaker 3: Weak. So I had my kids with me, they were much younger once upon a time, and you put me up in the pagoda, and I'm in the bathroom and I hear my daughter, who was I think around eight at the time, Laney talking to somebody. I go, who in the world is she talking to? And I walk out of the bathroom and it's Jeff. God. I don't know if she knows anything of what you're talking about right here, but it was a thank you very much, tera Hot. It was a really cool moment right there. And see, those are moments that you will remember forever around here, because that's what can happen when you run into guys like you know.
Speaker 5: I remember when I first started working the speedway, one of the one of the things I think was a challenge for us was I was told, hey, JMV doesn't like NASCAR because none of the NASCAR guys go on the show. And that was one of the things I do get pussy about that, And that was one of the things I was like, well, we got to fix that. And that's the beauty like a Chase Briscoe and you got people that because there are still drivers who.
Speaker 3: Are like Gano comes on and he's awesome.
Speaker 5: Too, So you've got you do have a handful of guys are like, I don't want to call radio, and they don't understand how big your reach is and how important because you're and you're talking to sports fans exactly right, you're talking to their their core demo. And so when you have guys that understand it, like a Chase and and and Joey's really good about that too. You know, even Michael McDowell coming in last week and trying to help out those those are the guys that are the good guys that understand how important it is to talk to the fans. My wife is leaving me.
Speaker 3: She's Beth is leaving. She's wait a minute, she's got delivered tickets do you want me to let him go right here? No?
Speaker 5: No, no, you got it, you gotta.
Speaker 3: I got work to do. So I'm hanging with you. Well, we'll hang up, see you, Beth. We'll take a break. You come back, Doug Bulls you okay today? Yeah, I'm saying Doug's gonna hang. Jeff Matthews is gonna hang as well. You guys could talk about the place coming up? Are you giving me tickets? Here?
Speaker 5: To giving you tickets to give away? So that's Friday practice tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me all about this.
Speaker 5: This is uh, those are just free tickets to come watch practice.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, okay.
Speaker 5: And then I don't know how many handed you there, but give you a handful of believe.
Speaker 3: That's something around maybe eight or ten.
Speaker 5: And there's some for the race on Saturday.
Speaker 3: We got race on Saturday.
Speaker 5: And here's some for the race on Sunday or tomorrow whenever you want to do that.
Speaker 3: Now, Jeff, you also have tickets to give away to Yeah, we've just given a giveaway. Just giving away tickets. I don't want to we we have great deals of arousal right here, tickets.
Speaker 5: I'm just bringing your ga tickets all three days tickets.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, I don't want to up the man, but I got sweet tickets for race days.
Speaker 3: You've got sweet tickets.
Speaker 1: I got sweet tickets.
Speaker 5: So to figure out if you've never been in a site with Jeff Matthews, it is an experience you.
Speaker 3: Do not want to get. Imagine.
Speaker 1: It's a little different these days than they used to be.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, sit tight, we'll give those away. Coming up on the other side again, Speedway City Garage. Jeff, tell everybody about the place before we go to.
Speaker 1: A body to fifty two Main Street right here at the corner of Main and sixteenth Street. Come by, we do coffee, we do cocktails again where every lamp begins and every long day ends.
Speaker 5: That's a great one.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna be that's you came up with that yourself, Now my wife did. That's like Indiana State stuff right there. Pal Let me tell you that.
Speaker 5: And it's in the shadow of Gate one.
Speaker 1: I mean, look at this place. Can it get any better than it does?
Speaker 3: Nah? Man, it does, all right. Doug and Jeff come back on the other side, Speedway City Garage on a Thursday. The haul of Parade is coming up as well. Don't go Anywhere, ninety three five, one oh seventy five, The Fan Weather Update which is perfect right now courtesy of Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV ninety three to five and one oh seven five The.
Speaker 3: Fan Doug Bowles in his second Jeff Matthews, the owner of Speedway City Garage. We don't want to get everybody on here, Phelan, Yeah, let's go ahead, and Faylan Watson is the on site engineer. I want everybody on. Alex Lamontes some Hurst and Lamontes is here right now as well. You just stepped in here. You have the Pacers, You hit the foundational thing that we're going on to. How's that going.
Speaker 11: It's great, man, it's great.
Speaker 6: We're still waiting on some additional bids, but we're getting raising a lot of money for the Indiana Fever Fund as part of the Pacers Foundation, they support a lot of youth and communities, sports programs and local programs. And there's still time to bid. You can go online on our Facebook page. We still got four tickets available. They're great lower level seats. It's it's probably the best deal on Indiana Fever tickets. You're gonna find all all year and the bidding and tomorrow.
Speaker 3: So do you know Doug Bowles, Alex Lamontes, Headball, Jeff Matthews, the owner of Speedway City Garage, Alex Lamantes, we have all all of us have partnered up at one time and the other two and and what Alex guys is doing right here is for the betterment. Is a great cause that you're working for right now. And I know you've got you guys put a lot of stuff into this. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's taken a lot of effort, you know, trying to get all these things set up and get people to donate things. We've got Tamika catching signed jerseys, you know, signed jerseys from the Lee Boston Kelsey Mitchell's.
Speaker 11: So yeah, it's been a lot of work.
Speaker 6: But you know, like I said, every dollar that's donated, every dollar we raised in the silent auction, I'm going to match it.
Speaker 11: So you know, put my money where Min's get a lot.
Speaker 3: Of money right here. Oh god, so he can buy my gorgor pinball machine.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, there you go, and then you could donate it.
Speaker 3: We can all bid on it.
Speaker 11: That's part of being a lawyer. We all have big mouths. Yeah, we can't shut up.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes you talk and then the rest of everything comes.
Speaker 11: Behind it is what happened, right that's yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I understand where you're coming from. Right there, I know exactly where you're coming from. Alex Lamont's with us Doug Boll Speedway President Jeff Matthews as well. Doug. We have tickets to give away too. Do we know how we want to do that?
Speaker 5: I have I have no idea, and I'm probably the last person to ask how to do that, but I did want to give them to you, so you can figure that and even if you don't do it today, you can do it tomorrow. Although these are Friday tickets, so you might want to give those away today and some Saturday and Sunday tickets.
Speaker 3: Well then, jeffany ideas here speed I'm looking around, see I'm looking around. I'm seeing some people that we see a lot of fresh faces out here. Jeff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: That's what we love that. So I'm trying to see if it's worth you know, maybe we do some trivia, maybe some brickyard four hundred trivia.
Speaker 3: Yes, who can do the most push ups? Something like that? You want to do physical but I want to I want to go off of it.
Speaker 1: This is an easy one. I feel it's an easy Okay, you go. So for the tickets that Doug brought in for tomorrow, Doug brought up the the.
Speaker 5: Thirtieth anniversary of the anniversary the kissing.
Speaker 1: Of the Bricks. So who was it that kissed the bricks for the first time?
Speaker 3: You don't know, Peyton?
Speaker 11: Who's got their phones out?
Speaker 1: Peyton?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We got a lady that's waving her hand right here. Come on over here, lovely lady. I'm on over. We got to win.
Speaker 1: We got a win.
Speaker 5: Dale Jarrett, Dale Jarrett, Chief Todd Parrott.
Speaker 3: Wait what are we giving here?
Speaker 1: We're gonna give the Friday take practice tickets?
Speaker 3: How many you waited here too? There you go, Lovely, I thank you for no problem.
Speaker 5: We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Dale, Jared and Doug. I will say this the Ned Jarrett passed away within the last two months. He was such an incredible advocate of racing in general, but certainly this race too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was fantastic. And you know one of the moments did I remember most is Dale Jarrett winning the Daytona five hundred and Ned getting to call that race and how cool that was as a dad. You could hear the emotion in him as he was trying to call them that win for for Dale. And Dale's a great guy. I mean, he's a really really good Guy's been really helpful here. He's not here on this weekend, unfortunate, but Todd Parrott, his crew chief back then, that was the two of them that schemed on this idea of kissing the bricks. He'll be here this weekend and it should be a little bit of fun.
Speaker 3: You know, the situation going back to when Dale Jarrett won, everybody around here was waiting on AU Michigan. You remember that situation. Do you remember that on CBS they were waiting on AU in Michigan. You go, ah, I urry up. And then I think a lot of people around here were privy to that ending because of that, and that remains in your.
Speaker 5: Mind for sure. I'd totally forgotten that. Obviously, I was worrying about the Daytona five.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. You're waiting on Michigan right there.
Speaker 4: Doug Bowles, Jeff Matthews, Alex Lamantes of Ahearst of La Montes joining us too.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the game last night.
Speaker 11: Pal, No I missed it.
Speaker 3: You missed that, You missed a really incredible offensive performance right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I watched some of it, and especially towards the end there. But wow, what a game, right what they won by thirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: They put one twenty three to the highest point total in their history.
Speaker 11: So yeah, the hell of a game, man, what great.
Speaker 3: Remind people again how they can get.
Speaker 11: Involved, absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 6: If you just go on our Facebook page or our Instagram page, you will see links for the online auction. All the money goes to benefit the Indiana Fever Fund. Indiana Fever Fund is doing great work through the Pacers Foundation, and like I said, every dollar that we raise is a dollar that I will match. So so how much longer do we have to have? Until tomorrow? Around three pm? And there's still some some seats available, lower level seats in the Sire Spirit sixty seven section. Real nice, great view center court. You can see all the action.
Speaker 3: You know, how much different it is going to a Fever game than they go really going to any other w NBA game out there. It's just a completely different experience.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and even you watch them travel, they travel so well. Yeah, It's funny.
Speaker 6: It's like you go, you watch a game online, you watch the Fever, or you watch the Fever play uh Atlanta, and you're gonna see Iowa jerseys in the stands.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just crazy.
Speaker 3: You go anywhere.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and you see that too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, well we can't have a suspension though here Alex, we we've got a side step the next technical foul here. What you got to do that?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 6: The thing is and I think a lot of us dealt with it when we were younger. We're just a little hot heads sometimes when you're younger, right.
Speaker 3: I understand quality of it too. I think then also what has to supersede that is my team and my organization and my fans right here, because you just you can't be lost for any game.
Speaker 11: There's more at stake than your ego.
Speaker 3: There's no doubt. Yes, people tell me that all the time and they'll go, We'll wait a minute, but no, that is that is so true.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: But at the flip side, is you love the passion, right, yeah, I mean that's what's.
Speaker 3: So cool about it.
Speaker 5: I mean, if that's what makes her it is and you're right at the end of the day, when you get that close, you're like, Okay, I got to slow down a little bit because the team needs me. But but what makes her who she is is she's so passionate and that and it just comes through and it's authentic and you care about it, and that's that's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: If it were bull crap and it was not authentic, then we, like I take issue with it because you just can't miss a game with your team and those that are out to watch you. But because that has fuel the fire, I do understand that, because a lot of people are built that way, Doug.
Speaker 5: That's why I love will Power, right, I was telling you obviously, Connor, But I will love Will because we'll just it's the emotion comes through. And so many times we take our our athletes and we sort of we sanitize them, yes, and and you don't get to see who they really are and the passion that they have. And I think that's kind of what makes you fall in love or or not like somebody, right, And that sells tickets either way. You want somebody that's gonna polarize you, all right, Alex, have you been here before?
Speaker 11: Absolutely? Yeah, we were here.
Speaker 6: Uh, we were over next door not too long ago. And then I came over here.
Speaker 3: Well you know what the owner is, Jeff Matthew's right here. Have you guys met before, but you have set together.
Speaker 1: I think we met back in the hallway back to the restrooms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let it be known that you have a toilet that is completely by itself right there to do and everything.
Speaker 1: Now next to the i MS bathrooms. You're pretty solid.
Speaker 5: The troughs, yea, we've improved those.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when you were with me last time you came over.
Speaker 11: Here, Yeah, I need a trough. I got a six year old boy. I need for sure, because you're.
Speaker 5: Cleaning the floor up.
Speaker 3: It's called the backyard. My troff is the backyard and it has been forever. Hey, one more time, alex Amantes I Hurstal Lamontes. We've got a show coming up in the month of August, coming up before a fever game.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, it's August fourteenth. We're going to do another pregame show. During the ride. Between three and six, we can be raising more money for uh, we'll be raising more money for the Indiana Fever Fund. And then we've got another one in September, and you know the goal is for for us to hit ten thousand dollars for the year, because that's one of the grants, the smallest grant they give away. And if we can help change a couple of local organizations here, then you know, I feel like I've done my job.
Speaker 3: What's the major focus on this too? What do you have in mind with the Indiana Fever Yeah, with just the money you're trying to raise.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so the money.
Speaker 6: They basically what they do is they work with the Pacers Foundation and local organizations from across the state. They will petition them, they'll go through their grant process, and the Fever Fund will support local organizations that are really focused on young women and youth sports and not just women's sports, but community engagement and helping just kind of grow and empower them and provide a safe place for them.
Speaker 3: We're going to get you guys all together. You guys seem like like minded individuals.
Speaker 11: Have you met I have not met?
Speaker 5: Our first time meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, I'm telling you what man, I mean. I think you guys got to get together.
Speaker 11: Works with you. Jimmy McMillan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jimmy Iman, you're talking about Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy.
Speaker 5: Jimmy's the cool thing about all of us is we care about community just like you know. I mean, we love our community, we love our city, we love our state, and we want to use the platforms we've been given to make a difference and to make our communities better. And you know that's the beauty of when we get the host of Brick four hundred or a Fever game or WNBA Championship or you know, the All Star game. What's so cool about it is we get to showcase the city we love so much. And that's what we all care about. And that is the secret sauce in Indianapolis and Indiana have. And it is fun when we get to be together with people who feel the same way.
Speaker 3: Isn't it cool too? We have this platform? Who do it? Alex, Doug, Jeff, We have this platform for sure to do this, And I wouldn't feel right if you didn't give it your all to try to make everything better like that.
Speaker 5: I mean, your job is to get listeners on the radio, You take care of your clients. You're worrying about, you know, moving a beer or coffee. I'm worrying about selling tickets. But if that's all we were known for, we've failed in the platforms we've given. We really have to find a way to give back to our community, to make our community better because of the places where we are. And that is again the secret sauce of India. There's so many people that believe that and care about this city.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what's great. It's a big city, but we all know everybody and it's like still a very tightly for sure group of people to where when you can get enough people together, you can really do some things.
Speaker 5: For sure, the size of the city should not have the five hundred Pacers, the Colts, We're not that big of a city. But the way we collectively work together to make a big difference. And even the sports franchises work together so well because we don't feel like we're competing against each other. We're all doing the same thing. Let's elevate the city of Indianapolis through the sports platforms we have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, it's so impressive. All of the teams that this market has. I mean it's not a big market, not at all, and all of the professional teams that we've got here, and all the support that all these teams get from not just from the fan base, but from the local businesses, the local organizations, you know, jump in to try to help, you know, I mean, I love I love the message.
Speaker 11: Doug fantastic.
Speaker 3: As my parents, Yeah, hell yes, my mom and dad. So Beth left in your parents.
Speaker 5: You know, they got to keep an eye on me because you never know what I'm gonna do. Somebody's got to police somebody's.
Speaker 3: Gotta police me. I'll tell you what, guys, you want to hang for a minute, I'll tell you guys, steel cool, Sure you got time here. All right, let's take a break, James will take a break. Come back on the other side. Jeff, we have to figure out how we're gonna give away all these tickets. We've gonna load here, and then you've got even more.
Speaker 1: We do and and the bad thing about me is I don't have enough trivia for the Brickyard four hundred to give away this many tickets. But I got a few more, okay, uh trivia questions, but uh yeah, we're gonna ramp this up.
Speaker 3: Let's go, all right, quick break, We'll come back. We've got Jeff, We've got Doug, We've got Alex, We've.
Speaker 4: Got a great play Speedway City Garage. You can join us to haul a parade and more coming up. Don't go anywhere. This is ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan the ride with JMV.
Speaker 5: Excuse me any special message for all the kids watching it.
Speaker 3: All, stay out of trouble.
Speaker 4: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the Fan. Hey, welcome back, Doug Bowles, Alex Lamontees, Jeff Matthews, I'm JMV.
Speaker 3: We're at the Speedway City Garage. Kevin Lee's gonna be on the inbound a little bit later on. His son has driven in the truck series a couple of different times courtesy of our friend Marcus in California Closets, which is really awesome here, and we've got merrors all the way around. Alex. One more time and remind people about what they need to do to bid on stuff right now for the betterment of everybody.
Speaker 11: Absolutely so.
Speaker 6: You can go to the Hurst Lamontes Facebook page, to our Instagram page. On the link tree there you will get a link to a give Butter Silent auction and you can go online and bid on some signed jerseys. They were actually signed. J ANDV witnessed it. Remember you saw Tamika.
Speaker 11: Sign them last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right there. So when I was talking to Mike d'mone, she sat right there. He did, you know, what are your little school boy right here? What's going on? And Demon we're hanging out a little bit. Yeah, yeah, you know, she was so awesome hanging out like that. So yeah, she's cool with hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you guys, you can bid on those auctions. Every penny goes to the Indiana Fever Fund. You will hear me on the JMV Show on August fourteenth. We will give them the money. On that day, I will match all the dollars and then we're gonna do it again on the August fourteenth, and we're gonna do it again in September as well. So the goal is raise as much money for week as we can for these organizations.
Speaker 3: Where do they go right now?
Speaker 6: So they can go right now, they can go to our Facebook page. You will see a link right at the very top there that'll take you directly to the Silent auction page.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, Alex Lamantes right there. Jeff Matthews is the owner of Speedway City Garage, and Doug Moles is the president of the Speedway and Indy Car and more. He is more right here? You got family?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my parents showed up, which is cool. Here for the holler print which starts, starts here in a little bit.
Speaker 3: And what time does it start?
Speaker 5: I think five o'clock is technically when it begins, and I can't remember. I think the trucks actually roll off about seven and they had This is literally the trucks with the race cars in them heading on over the racetrack. Where let's start unloading, get ready for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Let's give away some tickets here, guys, how do we do it?
Speaker 1: Let's do that? So I think I've got another trivia question that will be a doozy. So, so you want to do it on the phone here? Do you want to do it with people that are just in the building. I mean, we've got a lot of great people in this building right now. I think we ought to do it right.
Speaker 3: No lively people right now, A lot of really handsome and attractive people in this place. Not me.
Speaker 2: You're not talking about this.
Speaker 5: So these are Friday practice tickets.
Speaker 1: They are they're Friday practice tickets.
Speaker 5: So they're good for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yep, So come out and see it. So So nineteen ninety four, ninety four. It was the inaugural event, and we all know who won that race, right, but who was it that sat on the pole? And he's such a great dude. I still text with this guy. You're oh my gosh, yes, it's such a great guy story. You want the ma mand to come over and tell us right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got it right away?
Speaker 3: Rick Rick, Rick Rick, how about that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Rick Mass is such a good guy.
Speaker 1: Used him.
Speaker 5: So there you go, Southeastern US guy's got to text text. He's a really really good guy, which is a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Rick Mast what's your favorite livery Nascar wise?
Speaker 5: Of all, my dad and mom are here, so they would agree with me. Probably it's a Daryl walterp in the Tide Car.
Speaker 3: Sounds that to me. I was gonna go trip in the Gatorade.
Speaker 5: But the Gatory Car is pretty good too, for sure. And then even Dale Dale Senior in the Wrangler Car. I mean, there were some really cool liveries.
Speaker 3: We drove the Hawaiian Tropic back in the day Hawaiian cropping. I think it was the Hawaiian Tropic.
Speaker 1: Number one was that in the movie six Pack, or actually I.
Speaker 3: Think it was in May. It was the movie six pack or it might have been a smoky in the and to too. Yes, Yes, that's a great question because I think did Joe Pleco turnover?
Speaker 1: Joe Cleco? Did?
Speaker 3: Are you for Justice's patrol car? Now we're jack.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Canna see that's what you're thinking about when NASCAR comes up things like that, right for sure?
Speaker 5: Pretty sure that's good. Somebody's got to tell us who drove that car, though I.
Speaker 3: Know Hawaiian Tropic number one, Kennonball run Peyton, I gotta go to at break here you got a name? Who is it?
Speaker 5: He's looking He's trying to find out, by the way, Buddy Baker, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm supposed to.
Speaker 5: Be giving the welcome to the U sax Print car drivers who are racing tonight, but I'm staying here with you guys in here because it's so fun. I just want to remind people if you want to come see racing to night. We got racing at the dirt track tonight with U sax Print cars. Should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: My Chapel's going to join on the other side of you guys are still good hanging out. Doug Ball Speed, Why President Matthews. He's the owner of the Speedway Citny Garage. Alex Lamontes Ofhearstal Lamontes, so you got Peyton Donnie.
Speaker 10: Allison, who actually ran the Indy five hundred as well. I mean, that's pretty cool, right, Donnie Allison. My Buddy Baker was wrong. Buddy Baker, by the way, I believe Buddy Baker and hold on. Kyle Yarborough Dukes of Hazard come back, Speedway City Garage. Don't go anywhere the hall are paraded. More live here, join us and tickets to give away. Ninety three five fan, Let's go.
Speaker 4: The ride with jmv Hi.
Speaker 7: This is Robert Romaniz Mike Samone from Fast Time to Ridgemont High and you are listening to j M Lee.
Speaker 8: Now you have the attitude.
Speaker 4: Ninety three five and one oh seven five the fan.
Speaker 1: Oh demon, we love you.
Speaker 3: Speedway City Garage. Alex Lamontes of Hurst and Lamontes with us and Jeff Matthews, the owner Speedway Garage. I believe Doug Bowles is out and about right now he'll be back to Speedboay Presda. We're doing okay here, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I think we're doing okay. I mean I look around.
Speaker 3: I see a lot of new face the new faces here too. How are we doing all? You know what?
Speaker 11: Man? I love watching you be as giddy as a school girl.
Speaker 3: I'm gidding when Demone.
Speaker 6: Comes on the R talking I know about the JMV taking It was incredible show.
Speaker 3: I had people go out to his event and they talked to him and he said, man, he was such a nice guy. I love being all with him. That made me feel so good, guys, said time. Mike Chapel of CBS four and fucked at the Dines on the Andymoor on the Monif group, Paula, Hello, Mike, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing?
Speaker 3: Mike? I wanted to ask because you kind of chimed in on the whole Caitlin Clark thing last night. Here's what I say. It can be okay if you feel that that's that's.
Speaker 4: What you are.
Speaker 3: In this case, you are you're compelled to be a competitor and you get teed up. But honestly, when you've already done that and you're you're sitting on six and now seven in a thirty point blowout, as the team leader, the most important piece of that team, you're going to let that thing go yeah, and I understand, and.
Speaker 8: The defense is gonna be, well, she's such a competitor and she doesn't have an off switch. Well, you also have to understand the moment. And now maybe there's a couple of games. I don't know what the rules are. Once you have eight, you're suspended one game, okay, you come back, and then you get another one. You get like a couple more before you're suspended again.
Speaker 1: I don't how that work.
Speaker 3: You go to eight, you're suspended, and then two more. Every two after that you get suspended again.
Speaker 8: But at one point, then I guess what you do? You look at the schedule. If there's two easy games, easier games, you get teed up, been one to get thrown out, and then you know you don't play the next game if you play two crappy teams. But what what she's done with her fiery way she approaches the game is she's put herself one one, one reaction away from a suspension, and your best player can't should not put herself in that situation. It was unnecessary, and I understand the fire that burns in her. And somebody mentioned where that was such a soft peck maybe, but You've got to understand also that these rests don't know what the hell they're doing. They're not out there, they're just out there guessing. So don't put yourself, don't don't put that your availability in someone else's hands. Walk away, and and I don't know, the word that comes to mind is unnecessary because she's put herself with the accumulation in a spot where maybe there's something that's really valid. Somebody's really pushed your to the edge and you respond, uh, well, then the legitimate one gets you a suspicion when maybe there were a couple and there've been a couple that were that were iffy, but that doesn't matter. They're on there, so that's the only thing. And when they I tell you, when they played like they did last night, I realized Connecticut's not very good. But when you get three players that can routinely drop seventy points, as these three players can do, you can do great things that they still can't play defense they either can or won't or whatever. You know what they remind me of. You remember Loyola melop Marymount. Yeah, they were that's what they remind me of. They want to get the game set up they didn't care if they gave us easy basket is in it. They let them get going hot and heavy the other way. But but no one hundred and twenty three points and the third with the fourth quarter for mainly your backup, so they could have scored if they had a mind too, they could have scored one hundred and thirty and not bad at I.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, I say this. Don't get triggered by a scrub. Yeah, all right, she got triggered by a scrub for one play tony point blowout. Don't get triggered and compromise your participation in the future by a scrub.
Speaker 8: That's it, because maybe that's what happens when it matters and they send a the eighth player on the roster out the rough her up, and you know, she throws an elbow or whatever I mean Clark in response, and then she suspended it, and then it matters, and may maybe they're probably good enough to handle a one game suspension with the way they're playing and their record, but it's just unnecessary, and I don't anticipate her changing. It's sound of like with Andrew Luck, with the way he played. He always told us he would try to change how he played, and and he didn't a lot because that's who that's what made him who he is. But at the same time, what is it the best ability, the availability and and if you if you can't play, you can't help.
Speaker 3: Although chapel, Yeah, my chapel of CBS just kind of behave behaviorrself.
Speaker 1: But just just watch your reactions.
Speaker 3: My chapel of CBS four and Fox with you down with us. So next week Coats Camp officially gets started. What are the some of the dialogue expectations when the players come in, you guys converse with them, what are some of the expectations from Daniel Jones to John fit Taylor, to Leatu Latu, the Mooney Ward to the Forrest Bucker. Give me some of the expectations, Mike.
Speaker 8: Oh, there, they're going to talk to defensively, this I think this is a chance to be a really good top ten defense that I think they can be if if the forest there can give them some meaningful playing time. And we don't know Daniel Jones, see, I don't know who we get on Toothy when they report we won't get Jones, I don't think. But no, they're gonna be optimistic again if this team can stay healthy, which I already already saw that Carolina lost a top tier linebacker with a knee injury or lower leg injury or whatever. But I think they're gonna be optimistic again. Defensively, you've got five new starters offensively, you know, with the Tyler Warrens, and it's a good offense with Tyler Warren and Pierce and downs internally Jonathan Taylor. But the quarterback has to be healthy and stay healthy, so it'll be upfeat. It always is up beat. Sometimes you're thinking, yeah, these guys, they're talking big and they'll be you know, four and twelve back in the sixteen game season. But I think there's reason for this team to be up beat. But it just it just depends on four or five issues, and some of them is an injury. But again, until you start playing, you're not gonna know. I'm more interested next Tuesday when Chris Ballard talks with us. He always does that free camp, and he'll he'll give us some insight I think on who's aware, who's going to do what, whether a bucker is going to be on puff or calex.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 8: See the last time we saw I like here's he wasn't practicing because of the ankle. Well, that's been a month, five weeks, so he very well could have been. I'm sure by now he's running around now. Whether it's full go, I don't know. But you know, one of the big questions is when he'll be ready to really cut loosing camp. And that's kind of important because you're paid him big money and you got rid of Michael Pittman, and you don't really have a proven number three receiver.
Speaker 3: So by chapel of CBS four or Fox with It, don he might Before I let you go here, we're kind of short on time. I drive ask you this. I brought this up yesterday. Situationally speaking, is there a scenario that you looked at if the Colts lived down again to expectations in twenty twenty six to where they have an organizational change but the head coach remains the same. How much of a possibility is that?
Speaker 8: In my mind? Not likely, because then again you're and again I think Shane is one of the top offensive coordinators offensive minds in the league. Now, whether he's made enough growth as a head coach. No, I think if Carly decides to make a change. It's everything and then which only a handful of players will be off limits as far as you know. I guess core players, I guess to the younger players are draft picks.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 8: If it doesn't go well, barring injuries that really you know, complicate things, I just think she blows it up and starts over.
Speaker 3: I would agree with you on that they're just ways. For example, if they don't live up through expectations as a team and the offense looks good in the process, I kind of wonder if situations are rethought. Yeah, truetally, but.
Speaker 8: But again, then you're telling you're telling your new general manager. You know, here's your team, and by the way, here's your head coach, and here's your quarterback. It makes a lot of sense to not have let the general manager make this team in his zone. Image would be difficult from the start.
Speaker 3: Right, And Mike Chapel of CBS four Fox with the nine Tuesday will be out in front of all of it with the players and Chris Boward and everybody for the final time at Grant Park and Westfield before it moves over to Westfield six. And we'll see what happens after that. Yeah, it's gonna be interesting, Mike, it it really is. It's funny. I mentioned this at the outset of the show. I thought even more so last year. They're most of the Colts fans out there are gonna say, yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, And it's gonna have to be the entirety of the season, not just half of it.
Speaker 8: And you can't blame him. It's been it's been five years. Is up the player, So you know, at the proven league and no one gives you much when you go eight to nine or nine and eight or whatever, and they don't want to excuse the just win.
Speaker 3: Baby, Mike, I appreciate you. Man. Next week we'll do it for real, whether they're in training camp, pal, thank you.
Speaker 8: Instead of bees, and we can just talk about real seven.
Speaker 3: I know, real things and no bs. That'd be weird, although I think most of my shows a lot of bs anyway, So yeah, thanks Mike. Mike Chapel on CBS four and Fox Withty nine on the Anymore Autumn of a Group Hotline, Jeff Matthews, the owner of Speedway City Garage, How things going good?
Speaker 1: We talked a lot about scrubs, right and we did. We had some request A lot of we had. We had some TLC requests during that whole time period.
Speaker 3: No, no, who was that request for him?
Speaker 1: Denise? Denise would like to hear some TLC. We're Denise.
Speaker 3: I like Denise see nice?
Speaker 1: She went to Ben Davis.
Speaker 3: So sony Kevin Lee. I love Kevin. Kevin Lee was going he was going to be here. But I don't think he's going to get here.
Speaker 5: Vin Davis. Folks have to talk slow. I'm further west in Danville.
Speaker 1: I have to talk really.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm in Green County at the eastern Green. I don't even know if I'm allowed to talk, to be honest, Alex Lamantes, where'd you go to high school?
Speaker 11: I went to Satellite High School in Satellite Beach, Florida.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you came up and went to college Transplants.
Speaker 6: Hanover'd you end up at Hanover? How did recruiter to play football there?
Speaker 5: You can look he's a football player, you can tell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a good dude right there, in good shape.
Speaker 1: No, big big is a nice way of something.
Speaker 5: He isn't good ja. I'd be happy to walk into a bar with him and feel perfectly safe all.
Speaker 3: Day Alex, Doug and Jeff and me John on the other side. You guys, sit tight, We'll come back where it's Peedway City Garage. It's all of us the rest of the way. Don't go anywhere. Ninety three five one oh seven five The Fan Weather Update from Fox fifty nine.
Speaker 4: The Ride with JMV. The cream, the cream of the crop, and there is no one that doesn't better ninety three five and one oh seven five The Fan.
Speaker 3: That's all right, let's load.
Speaker 1: Up here really quick.
Speaker 3: Doug Bowls, Alex Lamontes, Jeff Matthews, Speedway City Garage, Doug or you just told you had to be someplace?
Speaker 5: Yeah, who was telling you that? That's Amanda. Amanda runs our pr So Hi.
Speaker 3: Amanda, I am look Amanda.
Speaker 1: Hey, look ad here, she's your Amanda. She's hey, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Where does Doug have to be here? When?
Speaker 12: What needs to be at the stage at five thirty four.
Speaker 1: For a now see a stage?
Speaker 3: Where the hell is it?
Speaker 12: Fourteenth Street? He's got to walk two whole blocks?
Speaker 3: What what time has he got to be there?
Speaker 12: Five thirty four?
Speaker 1: He's fully he's fully haffinated. He'll be there and like plenty of time.
Speaker 12: You don't know what taking Doug though, Like he has to stop and talk to everybody in those two blocks. She's gonna take us just a minute.
Speaker 3: To make it there, so normally would take how long?
Speaker 12: I mean I walked it in two minutes, but nobody wants.
Speaker 5: To talk to me.
Speaker 3: Well it take Doug again.
Speaker 12: It'll probably take that full ten minutes to get down.
Speaker 3: There, beautiful, right, because as it should though, I.
Speaker 12: Mean, like he's the people's president, he's got to talk to everybody.
Speaker 3: So so what's Amanda's background right here? What we got thanks Amanda?
Speaker 5: Actually Amanda from a law firm where she was doing PR for a law firm well, and has been with us for how many years now, it's been a while five years now, so she manages all the PR sides. So Susie Elliott, who's probably the name you know who really helps works for Amanda. And that's the group that really kind of points me in the right direction.
Speaker 3: So who was it that set the JMV takeover up on on Georgetown Road.
Speaker 5: So that was a collective effort of the once higher team. So the PR team wanted to absolutely do that, so did I. So we called the ticket team and the ticket team had to make a few phone calls. It took a little bit of effort, but it was good. It was a great lokate. It was right next to the porta pots too. Well, you know, you don't have to go far to go to the restaurant right there, but last year were so far out in the Coke lot it was really difficult. So you were right there on Georgetown Road where you got to see all this stuff going on. Anything but that's Amanda and her team and Kelly and her team on the ticketing side that collaborated and said we have to make this happen.
Speaker 3: Amanda's awesome. She's awesome. She was good on the air too, buddy.
Speaker 5: Well that's she's a pr person. That's why I gave it her. I knew she'd be fine.
Speaker 3: Right, Hey, mind, everybody do dug before you have to go about uh, not only today tomorrow, this week.
Speaker 5: So tonight's our sprint car race that's starting here shortly hot laps I think start about six thirty on the dirt track there. Then tomorrow we've got practice from about to noon to two with both the Ailey Cup and the Cup cars tomorrow night. Don't forget Raceway Park trucks, NASCAR trucks out at Raceway Park, Connor daily IndyCar driver actually running out there, which will be.
Speaker 3: A lot to Beth.
Speaker 5: And Beth is a little bit nervous. I'm worried about that, but she'll be She'll be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're not nervous, are you? I've never known Bet to be nervous for anything.
Speaker 5: World Champions always chill, World Champions, stand up jet skiers. She was out jet skiing Tuesday night with the boys and she can. I won't say how old she is, but she will outride all of that. I got the look there. And then Saturday the O'Reilly race qualifying for our Brickyard four Undre prescent of by PPG, and then that race on Sunday, so and then we get a weekend off, and then we go for five weekends in a row with six races for IndyCar all over the road, including the Washington, d C Race coming up. So pretty excited about that one.
Speaker 3: How excited are you about DC?
Speaker 5: The idea that Indy cars can race around the National Mall in front of the Capitol and the Washington Monument is pretty spectacular.
Speaker 3: Well, the President of the United States, get your politics, the idea, the idea that we're racing and capital.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he will be there, for sure, he will be there. But the mayor of d C, who is a Democrat, also is really excited about this. So it's as bipartisan as you can give. But the minute I say Washington d C. I was at a bar the other Beth and I were getting carry out waiting at the bar, and some lady looked at me and she walked past me and she came back, stood in front of me. She said I know you, said I don't. I don't think so she said, oh, no, no, I know you. And then she said, oh, you're the you're the speedway guy, right, and then she just went off on the whole Washington d C.
Speaker 3: Race.
Speaker 5: And I tried to remind her that it's the two hundred fiftieth anniversary of our country. We need to celebrate it. And the fact that Indy targets to go in the national nation's capital and do that is a pretty big deal. So pretty pretty excited about that event. Gonna be like, did the President have a lot to do with you guys getting that right? So we started working through the channels of going through Congress to get it done, and you know how things are in Congress. So the President said, this is a great idea, let's just do it. And it depends on an executive order. Absolutely, yeah, for sure, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I just think when sometimes when politics gets involved, it's problematic. This is not the case.
Speaker 5: Well, and most of us, most of us, whether we are on one side of the aisle or not, I can sit down together and have a reasonable conversay, no doubt, figure out how.
Speaker 3: To make that's all of us right here, all of us. I've always felt that way too. Like the last thing I ever talked about my friends is you know their political.
Speaker 5: Lean I don't give a crap for sure. And even if you did have the conversation, you figure you listen to each other and you find a way to work together. And that's that's frankly, that's the beauty of the city of Indianapolis and the state of Indiana. We've always historically been able to do that. We just can't let the rhetoric on both sides drive the way we make decisions.
Speaker 3: All right, Lawyers up in here, Alex Lamontes, are you agreeing with us?
Speaker 6: I mean, I wouldn't have said it any better. I mean, honestly, that's the best thing about Indiana. That's why I love Indiana. I mean, you can sit down at a bar like we're doing right now, have a drink with someone and have a conversation with them and a discussion whether you agree or not. At the end of the day, we're all hoosiers, We're all the same people, and frankly, we all want the same thing.
Speaker 5: And we all care about each other. Yes, right, I mean that's the thing we want to We want to make a difference for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally totally agree.
Speaker 5: And if I may, Amanda is going to fire me. I don't go, and I'll try and come back before you're all yeah this time, thanks Amanda, thanks for taking our boy away. Thanks well done, Thank you.
Speaker 1: But if I may add to what was said here, you know, and and and and I agree with everything that's been said here. You know, our coffee shop is every walk of every person bad. Yes, you can carry that. This is just a random drink and drinking from their beds. I mean we are in the district, soldiers, so you know we are we are you know, we're a great coffee shop that you know, we don't give a damn about your political stance, what you do, what you are about.
Speaker 3: Just come in and have fun and that's what we do here. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: We'll come back and talk to you about that. Alex is going to rejoin too. James will take a break up back come back. On the other side, we got Garth Brooks tickets to give away as well. That is on the text line of three one seven two three nine ten seventy. So get ready, you guys got to show me that you want Garth Brooks tickets, four shows coming up in August. Your chance to win.
Speaker 4: That is on the other side ninety three to five one else seven five fan an update, couldn't see a fox with the nine otherwise right now? The ride with JMVA he paid that's me and his mine ninety three five and one oh seven five No fan, Hey, James, I want you back at the studio at three one seven two three nine ten seventy. Text line James, this has to be living up to expectations for Garth Brooks four shows coming up in August at Gambridge Field House.
Speaker 3: Somebody's gonna win these tickets. James, tell me how this is going, would you please? Right now?
Speaker 1: It's still pretty slow, but it does it also does tend to kind of pick up.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to give these away. If it's gonna be slow, don't give them away.
Speaker 3: If it's half assed, because we don't do half ass around here. If it's half assed, don't give them away. If it is, If it's full ass, give them away. Let's still have half right now.
Speaker 4: It's still half assed right now, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Telling you, guys, I may just decide not to give these away. If you guys half ass this three one seven, two, three nine, ten seventy James, you tell me exactly how this is going as we close out the show? Where at Speedway City Garage today Jeff Matthews is the owner. How things going?
Speaker 1: Things are going great. I think the crowd's been awesome, and it has it's been It's been a fun day.
Speaker 3: Do you want to give away? Do you have tickets you can give away?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I've got I've got a plethora of tickets that are here at my disposal, but I also have two very premium, premium premium.
Speaker 3: Let's let's give those away, Okay, let's do let's give those away at two three nine, ten seventy, right like that, idea premium tickets. Now, can they get it through? They can go digital through you, Yes, so we.
Speaker 1: Can connect and I'll get the tickets to them digitally. These are two tickets to the Turn two suites, Turn two Suites, and they are incredible tickets, incredible, all included, beer, James.
Speaker 3: Let's go number nine, two three, nine, ten seventy Jane for that.
Speaker 1: Can we do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, James, you sent me on the phone line number nine. Yeah, the phones, we'll do this on the phones. You send me the information. I'll pass that along to Jeff, and Jeff can get them what they need to go to the race on Sunday. How about that?
Speaker 11: What about those Friday tickets there, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Buddy, We've got all kinds of Goday, we got Fridays, we got Saturday, we got we got we got tickets. Glower here. So we're gonna we're gonna do some trivia.
Speaker 3: Here's here's part of it too. I'm gonna be here for a while. So why don't if you come up, if you hear what we're talking about on the show, come up to me. And I'll give you a couple of tickets of your choice right here. Can we do that?
Speaker 1: Solid? Well?
Speaker 3: That way, I'm gonna be here at against Pedway City Garage. Tell everybody about the place.
Speaker 1: So here we are fifteen fifty two Main Street. We're at the corner of sixteenth and Maine. We are in the iconic Roster Building. There we go. We've got some Roster family still here, beautiful, yep, come over and see us. We're we're gonna hang out here until eight o'clock tonight, and we'd love to see you tonight.
Speaker 3: Hey, James updates here text line for goth Brooks. How did it go? Did it amp up? Text line is starting to pop off?
Speaker 4: And our phone lines are completely full right now?
Speaker 3: All right, well, and you tell me, James, give me the winner on the phones too for these prime tickets and we'll let everybody know who won those as well. So we got that. I'll give those away as well. Alex Lamant's one more time regarding how people can get involved.
Speaker 6: Sure you can find the Silent Auction on our Facebook page. There's a link right there and on our Instagram page. But I did want to mention this Speedway Logger. What's this all about?
Speaker 11: This is pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you what.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're losing weight wall, We're drink Yeah. You love this And as long as it Southport High School. If I don't have a massive wils out later on tonight, I'm gonna be working at a calorie deficit tonight, even with drinking all this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, are you gonna be seeing straight tonight?
Speaker 3: I've played much better. I played much better like that.
Speaker 1: You're gonna hoop it?
Speaker 3: That is great being.
Speaker 1: I mean that's straight from pax Varm Brewery, Ada Lapel, Indiana. Love it. He makes some amazing beers and award winning beers. We've got the Speedway City I Pa. We've got the light Logger. We've got ten beers on tap of pax Arm right now and we switch them out quite often, so come and check it out, you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you all for having us today. This has been awesome. We got tickets to give away. I'm gonna be here for a lot longer than right now. Alex, thank you very much.
Speaker 11: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jeff. Thank you to Doug Boll, Speedway President. Haydon. Going to see you two. James back of the studio.
Speaker 4: You guys have been awesome at the speedway, sitting garage three five one O seven five the fan have a great night.