Speaker 1: The phrase per second podcast.
Speaker 2: H m hm, y'all gonna out here doing for you to say what I'm gonna do your forph Are y'all gonna do it week to week?
Speaker 3: Gonna bring that up because it comes out on Sundays, So I don't know how that's gonna work. And Nate, they wants to be on it, so she said, just let her know. If it's a week to week, y'all doing the batches, what y'all gonna do? If we did it week to we could would have to be virtual.
Speaker 4: It would have to be virtual, and I think we should do that week the week, but which means virtual Monday.
Speaker 2: I'll sacrifice for Euphoria. I'm not sacrificed for Paradise.
Speaker 1: So we have to see if if she's free on Monday too.
Speaker 3: Is the new season? Is the hype big enough?
Speaker 1: It seemed like it.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 4: It seems like there's a lot of talk, like I'm saying commercials, they pushing it.
Speaker 1: Now you were just in this movie.
Speaker 2: And hold up, because I know I've been hold up.
Speaker 5: I've been thinking about conversations and people saying like your Phizz is not in it, and Fizz is like the like the moral levity, like how they're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's like, is it just gonna be just but wold ship the whole time? The sister though, I thought she was gone. When it feels a day, I thought no. Talking about storm read and the mom Yeah, storm Readers for Moral Liberty though, mm hmmm. I don't know. I don't know. I don't think it's gonna hold up. I think it's gonna be pretty wide personally some Monday. Could you record on Mondays win started winning? But you it'll be next week's here. I don't depend on what time because I started I start a new job on the twenty. Oh congrats, that's dope. Would you do you be here on Monday? I mean, if I my job is virtual, I probably wouldn't get home to like seven coming from here to where I live there, so about seven thirty if if they want to record that later, I mean, it's up to you all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you would it be better to do it in person. Is that what you're getting at?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because my new job is like three minutes away from here, but it's better for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what I'm saying normally in this office on Mondays, so he'll be around the corner too.
Speaker 3: It's like five less than five minutes. So the first one comes out, it come out to fourteenth. So the first one be the fifteenth, right, I thought it come on on twelfth. I thought twelfth too, So I don't start to the twentieth. So starting after the twentieth, I could do it in perching. It would be quicker if y'all wanted. But if we did it virtual, I wouldn't be able to do it to about seven thirty.
Speaker 4: The only thing would be Nay getting here in person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I doubt she's gonna want to do that. On a Monday.
Speaker 2: I could do it.
Speaker 3: I was just listening to well paying my gas right now? Yeah, but yeah, I could do virtually like seven thirty. That's fine. It'll be run.
Speaker 2: About Rod and even Nick Nick probably Nick can probably jump on that.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm throwing the mind daddy. On Wednesday, Wait till this gas price come down? Right, I was like, bro, hell no, seventy fucking dollars.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I put a fifty yesterday. My litt last car shit hurt me.
Speaker 3: Diesel is five twenty nine. Bro sh is fucking crazy hurt me.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We want to leave my side, bro. Yeah, and you're all the way down in the boat.
Speaker 3: Yes, which I should have been covering. Is Invincible? That girl that I showed you, she really like it.
Speaker 2: She she if you want.
Speaker 3: If you were watching it, I don't think. I don't think I'm caught up. I think I'm one episode back.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike, you in for some that came out Sunday. When did the newest episode come out? Tuesday or Wednesday? And I know it's in the middle of the week. I just get a notification in the middle. I just stop what I'm doing and go watching Invisible.
Speaker 3: I was in Knoxville from Wednesday to Monday, so I don't think I saw that.
Speaker 2: Man, when you get home, go watch Invincible. I forgot about dollars.
Speaker 3: I also bit trying to get on the pit. But I'll check it out. Oh right, So I guess it's a early day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't. Yeah, it will be.
Speaker 3: It's all we got is list in source code life trailer reaction. We ain't doing it. Oh, we can do that, I guess if you have something. Yeah, that's it's easy.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Plus I won't be here in two weeks, even like throughout that week. Yah, I'm going to boy so I won't be Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like pattle label and Mike McDonald don't.
Speaker 3: Do those zip lines. You see that girl got killed from here doing the zipline. Mm hm you talking about from years ago? No, it just happened. This just happened.
Speaker 2: I remember the one woman died on the zipline. They said she cut her leg and got us flush eating virus from a zipline.
Speaker 3: They said, just let her die from a head injury, like she did the zipline thing and hit her head on something and she was okay. But then once they left the zipline place, she started feeling dizzy and fainted and they took her to the hospital and she died in the hospital. Did she have a helmet on? They didn't. They were real vague about what happened.
Speaker 5: But from Marietta, let me tell you like this, I drive a car every day and watch the pit anything.
Speaker 2: Too shit because I do it to j.
Speaker 5: All right, folks, welcome to another episode of the Frames per Second podcast. You know, we got a not foreign voice but not usually hosting voice, uh me doc hosting to with me I have Ken, Spike and Mike see time.
Speaker 2: And even though we're covering this film the drama.
Speaker 5: Which is more of a rom com, kind of a dark comedy, this is probably more of like Rod's Wheelhouse. I will actually be cover covering this film. And before we get into the note nuts and boats of it, damn, are y'all familiar with the situation that's going on with the director?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, And so I want to say this.
Speaker 5: It came to my attention last night, and I kind of wanted to let the cast know, but I also want their thoughts on just how they feel about the film. So I didn't As a producer, I just didn't really let them know. So I'll take responsibility of them not knowing this. He wrote a letter to I can't remember the newspaper article about ten years or so where he was having a relationship and he was in Norway where he was twenty seven having a relationship with a sixteen year old.
Speaker 2: Now that age is that was the age of consent.
Speaker 3: But he was writing a letter.
Speaker 2: His friends disapprove of it, but he didn't see anything wrong.
Speaker 3: It was real.
Speaker 2: It was real creepy.
Speaker 5: So yeah, just to give some I do feel like the topic in this movie is still worth covering. And granted this is just me learning about this last night, but I did want to acknowledge that before we got into the film.
Speaker 3: So oh man, you knew, No, you think I would have went mm hmm you listening?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: All right, So first things, First, man, what are your overall thoughts of the film.
Speaker 1: This is my kind of mess Ain't alive?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the way it was shot, edited, the kind of you know, jumping back and forth, you know, touch some some getting used to it. But right when we got to the end, I was like, oh ship, here we go. So so it paid off for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about your spoke? I saw this a notion, had no idea what it was, so I looked it up. I read one sentence and said love story.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh shit. I got to the movies as the.
Speaker 3: First person there, and when people seen it, it was people like, cause you tell when you ordered to AMC, it's gonna before And I started noticing the people coming in. I'm like, oh my god, I really I'm not gonna white people number the young white teenager and I was like, I'm gonna hate this, but I love this. This ship was fire. I was thinking about this when I loved I thought about this when I woke up this. This movie was good. I like the way it shot to King's point. I think the ending was predictable, but they still nailed it. Like I liked the whole movie.
Speaker 2: This was fire.
Speaker 3: But you, Mike, I'm surprised I loved it. I didn't think they're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought this was fantastic.
Speaker 2: It was great. The acting was fucking incredible, incredible, the topics were very interesting, the way things played out, the commentary, the critique.
Speaker 3: All that was just fucking great.
Speaker 5: Yeah for four Like, I really love this, Like I put it on my story and a lot of my friends like you like that, are like, yeah, I let go see it.
Speaker 3: Like that's how I felt like it was marketing wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well no, I think I think yeah, because that was I was talking at a bar last night with my friends with my friends and they were telling me the spectations of what they think it's going to be, and I'm like, Okay, that may be. You may not like it if you really set on those expectations of the film being like that.
Speaker 2: But if you're open to where it takes you. We'll be fine. I'm curious what was it marketed as? Like, like what I saw romantic?
Speaker 3: That's what I read, and I stopped.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, nothing romantic about this ship at all?
Speaker 3: Was romantic? I mean, but it's not romantic?
Speaker 1: My okay.
Speaker 4: My idea of what are this was way darker than what I expected.
Speaker 3: And I think that's part.
Speaker 2: Of it too, is questioning like love and romance, like what does that really mean?
Speaker 3: It reminded me of the movie I've been trying to get you to watch Closer. It's similar, it's similar in tone to that I'm putting.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna put it on the list because I got I got Mike's movie in the Mood for Love on the list for when I got When I When I Travel, And then I'll put that on the list too.
Speaker 2: But it's actually good though you ain't even seen it. I don't have to you recommended it.
Speaker 3: I don't trust you watch when you come back.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: We opened up the film with our introductions to Emma and Charlie. They meet in a coffee shop where Charlie discovers the disability that Emma is definitely one ear while trying to hit on her. What were your first impressions on both of these characters in the opening scene about their romance.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm not gonna like this movie. I was like, it's fucking cutesie. I don't care about this. I was like, all right, whatever. And I was also getting the feeling which might go to what you just told me, but it was like, I feel like Robert Pattinson is much older than some dad, but that's probably not true. I think I just always think that she's like sixteen or some shit.
Speaker 3: This is this is a dude to play Batman Twilight.
Speaker 2: I just always feel like he's like forty yeah, and she's like, you know, nineteen or some shit. I'm sure that's wrong, but either way, I was just like, Okay, this is a cute seed love story, all right whatever.
Speaker 3: I was thinking the same thing. Corny white guy really attracted black girl. I really don't even see this well colored lady of color. I really don't see this going. And I don't think she's black. She's black. She's black, yeah, she.
Speaker 5: From She from the Babe and she's from the Babe. Bro that you got to see that video time hollering meeting her family.
Speaker 3: That is so fun. I haven't seen that there.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right, they all right because he's yeah, like I got cool about it.
Speaker 2: But you can tell you little off like she got water, Like, yeah, she got shett.
Speaker 3: I remember that. That's a difference between the two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I was with Mike. I was like, Okay, f gonna do something corny with this movie. I don't know if I'm here for it, but yeah, she's from Oakland, my boy. Okay, yeah, I remember that. Now you're talking about the video. I definitely remember that.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah. I was like, y'all got it? You felt.
Speaker 3: I guess. I was just here.
Speaker 1: I was just here.
Speaker 3: I didn't like, didn't turn me off either way. It was all right cool. What do you think about the flashback.
Speaker 5: Scenes that we were getting they learning about the romance that they were having.
Speaker 3: That's when I became interested. I was like, Okay, from it to the story a different way. I wonder why they're telling the story, like just jumping back and forth from back and forth to the present day. And I thought it was interesting. It was a unique way to move down the timeline. I thought that was dope. Yeah, I agree. How'd you feel can.
Speaker 1: Didn't seem like they really liked each other?
Speaker 3: You got that one.
Speaker 4: Well, he seemed like he had sort of issues with with some of the things that she did. So I thought that this was you know, uh, because he was talking about she laughed and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: That what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he said it was adorable, but it's obnoxious. So I got what he meant.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you don't notice that.
Speaker 2: I mean, my girl has stuff like that where it's like, oh my god, that's terrible. But I like it that you do.
Speaker 4: So like they were complaining about one another though, so it seemed like they were about to get married but didn't want to get married, or maybe that would just have an apprehensions about it.
Speaker 3: Get any of that, I don't think at it all. I got that they really were infatuated with each other. All those little small things good. Yeah, I'm just into you.
Speaker 5: Even when she found out he didn't read the book, yeah, she was still like, She's like, okay, let's just keep Yeah.
Speaker 3: I liked the conversation with him and the black dude. He was like, it's weird that you didn't. It was like, it's weird that I thought it was weird that he didn't read it. I agreed with his black friend.
Speaker 2: It's like, I didn't think that was really I think it's almost like, if you read the whole book before the facts, what makes you a creep?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel like if I brought this up to you, then I obviously it probably would come up on the date, so you at least want to read the cliff notes. I agree with that part. I just wouldn't have read the whole book. Yeah, going there, you're gonna sit and read the whole book a first day. It's if I told you this, like on the third date, we already get to know each other. I'm like, I'm really feeling you. I don't even know who you are yet. Like, I'm not about to take my time to read a whole book. Let's take like hours out of my day before I date.
Speaker 3: I might would do that. I might well do that. Damn, especially for it's a day. Get the ask like that. Damn you put extra work for the ass All right?
Speaker 5: Well, any scenes, we learned about their romance, and we also learned that they're engaged. So like y'all mentioned Charlie's practicing his wedding speech with his best man.
Speaker 3: Who we meet is Mike, but we also meet.
Speaker 5: Rachel, and like the past conversations with Emma, and I don't need y'all to react to anything, but.
Speaker 3: It's I mentioned Rachel. That's all. It was like, you come out to care. But what did y'a think about? I guess y'all already mentioned it.
Speaker 5: It's just the editing as far as it going back and how like did it it allowed the movie to flow better?
Speaker 3: Did it kind of take away from it? Though they had just been traditional, I don't think I would have liked it as much this.
Speaker 2: This brought me into the story more. It kept taking you to different places, and you got more information each place you went to. I loved it. Yeah, I like the.
Speaker 3: Editing, and the editing was definitely cool.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't until we get to the the wine tasting that actually got pulled in. Before that I was like, all right, this is a little cute, little love story. And I like, I can't remember his name, the black guy. Everything I see him, I like him. He's always good. I ain't never seen him anything, I bet you, I can't think. I cannot think of his name anyway, he's becoming like the dude from shrinking. That was just on the recent episode of the pic. You start seeing him pop up. You can't remember the names, like seeing you everywhere.
Speaker 3: Now like my boy from the bear to the patre chef. So well, Mike just mentioned, well know, before we get there.
Speaker 5: In preparation for the wedding, there they went and did a dance, and but they're leaving practice and they see their ceremony DJ smoking heroin. So while testing the foods and and the wines at the at the dinner with their best man, with the best man in the Native honor, they shared their skepticism of about hiring them for the wedding.
Speaker 3: Spike was the DJ wrong for doing little heroin, you know, a little little dope she was party. It was a big issue. It wasn't none of their business. I feel like I wouldn't have fired. I don't think I think they made too big because you know, people who do crack right, you know, and I don't judge. Yeah, let it rock out man on that glass day, right, I wouldn't supposed to see her right there, man, So like, yeah, I think they were overreacting.
Speaker 1: You know, what's she really doing heroin, Yes, yeah, yes, because she had me. Damn.
Speaker 3: They're convinced that then there's only a few drugs you're doing out there there, louling Ford.
Speaker 1: Heroin.
Speaker 3: And I don't think you really just smoke.
Speaker 2: Crack that way, you know, the pip like if you see somebody smoking out of a little alumin foild thing like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you think it was an issue. What's she good at a job? They didn't know yet, No, I thought I thought they had just finished during the dance, because remember she put that song.
Speaker 2: That racist motherfucker. They did look alike, but you're racist motherfucker.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they were right because they don't know what I didn't know. I thought it was the same she.
Speaker 3: Had to get haired, no good recommendation. They were like for them to hire her for a win and she I feel like she had, but they don't.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it was the dance teacher.
Speaker 3: Well business, what business is it of theirs? Or what she do with her free time?
Speaker 2: I got both sides, and I do think that. I mean, I think they were really setting this up to see how the personality of Emma they would it was different from I forget Charlie. How their their levels of acceptance are different. But I one get why you'd be like, wait a minute, Like if she was smoking weed, I wouldn't think that Heroin is different, cractice different. Yes, if she stored a lot of coke, I'd be like, all right, whatever, who cares. But you're out in the open smoking Heroine.
Speaker 3: It's out of the open.
Speaker 1: More so for me.
Speaker 3: I just can't do your job New York City.
Speaker 2: I mean, bro, you out in the open, you were fun of our field. Didn't do it like it ain't nothing like.
Speaker 3: I've been told. Hero A smell when you do it is like you out here.
Speaker 1: It is Heroin. No like I don't know, open like that and get away with it.
Speaker 3: What can you? Yes?
Speaker 2: What do you ask if white people smoke Heroin? I'm the open people. You remember I told the story of the of the when we played Philly, my old band, they took all of our money and they said there was no door money and they were smoking fucking Heroin upstairs.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I can remember that story and we could smell it.
Speaker 2: I was like, bro, are y'all serious? That is not I won't say normal, but that's not that crazy.
Speaker 3: White drugs and public for white people is part of the privilege.
Speaker 2: We gotta hide and we go to jail.
Speaker 3: We got a hide. It was broad, it was a lot of it was nighttime, it was at a party. She stepped people people outside and.
Speaker 2: Outside and open for me, like, damn, you store the heroin out in the open, and just like I snowed the line up in front of I guess like I'm doing heroin in front of a building.
Speaker 1: So what is that?
Speaker 3: Bad judgment?
Speaker 2: It shows bad judgment And I don't know if I can trust you to be there on time. You might steal a bridesmaid's purse.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We don't get back to all that when we get but if that's the reason, we gonna get back to that. So while still at the at the taste thing, this leads to Rachel sharing how her and Mike answered the question what's the worst thing you've ever done.
Speaker 3: Before they were married?
Speaker 2: Terrible?
Speaker 5: Now, before we completely dive into this sequence, I'm going to ask this question a couple of times, but at this moment, who is probably your most unlikely, at this moment, your most unlikable character, and why if you have one?
Speaker 2: I didn't have one with everybody trying to get.
Speaker 1: Through the movie.
Speaker 3: I didn't like tell my man to lead and dude Charlie and I didn't like him. Why he just seemed like a dick, Charlie. Charlie looked like he was a dick to me. He was more he wouldn't like with the dance thing, like he wouldn't like he was just stuck up.
Speaker 4: He had his moments, but he definitely came across as more of a pushover.
Speaker 1: And stuff like that.
Speaker 3: He was stuck up to me because even with the dancing in the car before he was she was wasting her time, like he didn't think that that was funny. When he was bitching at her and she pulled his pants down when they were trying to change the dance, she was like, I ain't trying to do this choreograph dance that I went and I want to let I didn't take him to suck up.
Speaker 2: He can't dance, yeah, and he was embarrassed, so he was trying to get her to just be like, let's just try or whatever.
Speaker 3: I didn't take it as stuck up.
Speaker 4: If he was trying to make him do something he didn't want to do, it was his idea.
Speaker 1: Yea. At that point he realized he didn't want to do it anymore.
Speaker 2: No, she didn't want to do it. She was like, this is stupid. He kept trying to get it right. He was so rigid, and I gotta get this step right. She No, she didn't want to good at it. He wasn't good at it. So he started freaking out a little bit, and she was like, Okay, let's just not do it.
Speaker 3: That's why she played the different songs. Yeah, and they played a little fun song and got upset. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was again trying to show their difference and personality. She's always accepting and she's always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt and make things comfortable.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought. They were not made for each other. They just looked like. That's what I was wondering too. Where this movie going like they're gonna break up for some reasons.
Speaker 1: I thought they were a good match. That ship was toxic.
Speaker 3: I didn't get that at all. I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: It looked like they weren't being truthful to each other.
Speaker 3: I thought the opposite. I thought they were in love.
Speaker 5: I thought they were really in love, especially even at the taste then too. Before for the question, I asked, like they were really vibing, Like you could tell like they were really into each other, the way they were talking about the food, and how she would like he was he would she would basically say something about about like what would needed to be decided upon, and he would reinforce it and help her.
Speaker 3: Like, Yeah, I thought it was they were good.
Speaker 1: I thought that was just in her face, just appeasing.
Speaker 3: I just thought he was a dick. Now, I think Robert Patterson did a good job with that character. He did a good job. He did a good job acting. But I just like the characters.
Speaker 1: It seemed like a completely different person.
Speaker 4: He had a good mannerisms, the way of talking like, he did a really good.
Speaker 2: Job because he is he from England for real, I don't know. I thought he was from here. Maybe I don't hear a white man so they all could be.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: So Rachel volunteers that Mike shares the chairs his story and that the whole table wouldn't share as men in here never what would you have done if you were Mike. Mike's a black dude, And if she's trying to force me to tell the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ain't doing that. We ain't doing that at all. I one, I don't feel like I feel like his was the least bad? What wait?
Speaker 2: Am I not remembering that he kind of hid behind his girl while she got bit by a dog.
Speaker 3: You think he was the least bad?
Speaker 4: It's not, it's I think it's far less.
Speaker 3: What was Charlotte? Okay?
Speaker 2: You think Mike had the least bad? You think Charlie had the least bad? Who do you think at the least bad?
Speaker 1: What was.
Speaker 2: That's the worst one to me out of all four? Yeah, I'm more stuck on the least bad. That's the part that's tripping me out. I mean for him that I feel like.
Speaker 3: We should rank him. I'm just bugged out by y'all's ranking. I feel like that tracks for him. It was a girl, he really didn't like her anyway, crazy dog in the alley he putting her in from And you think that's the least bad? Okay? And you still have an answer? I mean I have.
Speaker 5: I have been bullied before, So that's why cyber bullion. I know how, but I don't know. I really don't know when I was like that's it.
Speaker 3: But he made him leave town. Yeah, it's a big deal. He up his whole bottom too, right, I think I'm questioning what movie y'all saw.
Speaker 2: What are you saying Amas was the least bad. She didn't do anything. Hers was easily the least bad. Everybody else actually did so affected the person.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong.
Speaker 2: I let let I like getting into the movie.
Speaker 3: Wow, right, right, because but when we watched him.
Speaker 5: While watching the movie, I'm seeing that this ain't that big of a deal. But I'm sitting here thinking, I let Yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Whatever reason, I was only comparing the three. You know what.
Speaker 3: Actually, you're right.
Speaker 2: I actually I mentioned I ked all four, but I'm still just thinking about total total outside of it. To your point in my head, actually excluded her because she didn't do it exactly. I'm yeah, I get that's what I'm saying. I get, Yeah, a good call. Yeah yeah, I wasn't thinking about it and I said all four. But I'm still to think these other three are just the that's terrible to people. Everybody else was a piece of ship. You talk about you just know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, just what is a girl getting malled by a dog?
Speaker 6: Break up with that don't matter?
Speaker 3: That's fucked up. That's abusive.
Speaker 2: You mean, man, that's abusive. I would not have told that story, and I would have told my girl he needs to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Yeah that right now. The joke is the game is over. You need to shut up.
Speaker 1: So he got pumped.
Speaker 2: So when when Rachel volunteered that, everybody at the table wouldn't do it if you were Charlie.
Speaker 3: What you have said, Charlie was was whatever. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When she volunteers that, everybody at the even though mike's your homeboy, you can see Mike is uneasy about it. Yeah, and now his girl is at the table saying, all of us gonna tell us how the worst thing here? It's a fun game, because I would definitely play the game.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 2: The thing about it is this, if there's something that's that fucked up, I'm.
Speaker 6: Just not gonna say it.
Speaker 2: Say something else. The time I went on the first date and I shot in her backyard, that's the worst thing I've ever done.
Speaker 3: There, you go, that's a real story. That's worse.
Speaker 2: Nonut, I didn't hurt anybody. I had the ship and she was in the shower, So I was like, well, I got a ship, so I wouldn't shot in her backyard. Better to wait till she came out. I was like, I gotta you know, I couldn't hold it, bro My shit came out clean right in the backyard. But I'm saying like, I would have just said something like that there should I can tell you that's worse.
Speaker 1: I would never Yeah, I never would have played that game at all.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't play.
Speaker 5: No, the worst I would tell I think I think I'm definitely telling my partner before we get married.
Speaker 2: Though that's not that's a good point. I'm down because I kind of will. I'll be jumping ahead if I said, yeah, yeah, I wouldn't you understand, I tell your nose. Well, if I would have told my partner, it would have been before we were actually engaged.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna wait to.
Speaker 2: In some change to tell him. Like, Yo, when I was a kid, I got fucking bullied and I was gonna I was planning a school shooting.
Speaker 3: Either that, I'm to keep it to myself. Yeah, so that comes early on in relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, look, let me go ahead and tell you the worst ship that I got, because it might come on. I'm just saying that eventually I would tell them.
Speaker 5: If I'm really fucking with you and I think we locked in, I want you to know.
Speaker 1: You will tell your bad ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want. I wanted them to have a full understanding of me.
Speaker 2: You know, I want to find it out later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Michael knows about well we're going to the whole other we're gonna move.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can't tell me that after we already married. That's my part, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I said before, like, right, sometimes you're gonna know everything. I'm gonna give you my darkest secrets, Like you need to know everything.
Speaker 2: Because you would be mad if she didn't, if you came out and found out that she had a twelvesome or whatever, you'd be like, I can't believe you didn't tell me that. All right, divorce, you don't want to get a divorce. That's why you tell him ahead of time. Think about that Canary.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna let it go probably.
Speaker 3: Not with the twelve some of the shooting.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's a good clarify, which what we're talking about clarified. Yeah, I mean I knew what Chim was thinking.
Speaker 1: You don't care about the school shooting.
Speaker 3: You'd rather be a school shooting. He'd rather be a school shoot than all y'all shooting. Right, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: If I'm in if we just if we deep deep in it, they were deep. I don't know, man, if.
Speaker 3: She's it was just all on her.
Speaker 2: If it was like an orgy, no, it was a twelve se Does that mean but that could.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, everybody having a good old time.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like trying to make it make sense.
Speaker 2: Now I'm being honest, like I'm talking about it was like you had a good night, right if you now it was the thing he was habitually doing. No, just the one time it was twelve dudes and one hurt. Yeah, wait, because I have now twelve on one, I can't do. But if it's like an orgy, everybody's having a good old time and you know or can I mean, I might be able to do all. I'm not to ask questions like how did this happen? That would be my I would have the context of it would have too big sense to me.
Speaker 3: Twelve something means you're all in the room at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was let it go?
Speaker 2: I mean, if it was, it was well before me, who cares? She's the thing about it is your girl? Would you would you cry if she had fuck twelve guys?
Speaker 1: Period?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: So it's just a matter that there was twelve guys at one one time. It's the one time.
Speaker 1: Reworded rewriting.
Speaker 3: How the twelve is defined, it's minus kain. That's the old math.
Speaker 2: I can't say it could have been twelve different rooms, could be twelve different houses.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, and everybody listen, say whatever the all your vote.
Speaker 3: Bullshit, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 7: You would love to have more content from frames per second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in film review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tears you can choose from. That's patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, At the conclusion of this scene, though.
Speaker 5: We get the plot twist that's revealed that Emma said she wants planning a school shooting.
Speaker 3: Did this change the tone of the film? Hell yeah. I sit up in my seat from here, I'm like, oh, you know, you reclined.
Speaker 2: Like okay, because I was thinking to myself, like, what the fuck would I do if somebody told me that, like did they planned the school shoot?
Speaker 3: Like how would I judge them? So that's it got super interesting to me right there. And their response is this is what you're thinking of?
Speaker 1: Response?
Speaker 3: I thought that white lady was being a car you unders with you. I understand that you had a cousin that you We don't even know if she was cool or not, Like, I don't know if you just brought up. They never really got to the bottom of it. They did, they weren't close members. That what you got from a meeting and scene because.
Speaker 2: When he met up with her on the street, yeah she was yeah, it was pretty, but she was like vague and scene, Well, that's my family, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: That's not what you would say if you were close close to your cousin. Okay, you got it, But yeah, I thought the the responses were interesting, and then I'm immediately thinking, now, okay, where is this movie going from here?
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was super interesting.
Speaker 4: I did not sit up, but I was like, first, first I thought she was just fucking with him.
Speaker 1: I thought she was lying, and then I'm like, oh, she's serious. Then I was like, well, she didn't do it, and then I was like that's it, and then I was like okay, And then the reaction from Rachel, I was like, oh, I hate this motherfucker. And I was waiting for somebody.
Speaker 4: At that table to check her yes, and no one ever did, and it bothered the ship out of me that she went the rest of the movie without getting checked.
Speaker 1: I she evil. I hate that motherfucker. But but I was like, well, she didn't do it, then, why why is everybody so freaked out about it? You know? So that that was the thing that was bothering.
Speaker 3: Me about you, Mike. I think it's crazy to tell somebody that.
Speaker 1: Oh, And that was the other thing I never would have said.
Speaker 3: I think it's yeah, what probably would scare me more than you doing it because you didn't do it like you said. And we come to find out she actually became an activist. But I just feeling like you telling me is like a warning or something like that.
Speaker 1: See, I didn't. I didn't take it as like a warning at all, you know.
Speaker 4: And I think maybe she felt that since she did not do it and it was okay to tell it, you know, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't take it as a warning. Yeah, I don't know. I didn't read it that way.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I didn't take it as a warning.
Speaker 2: And I also don't take that she thought it was not that big of a deal and me go ahead and tell I believe her that she was drunk because she said she says multiple times, I was drinking and she threw up, and well she threw up multiple times whenever she talked about it.
Speaker 1: I thought that excuse, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I did at first, until I really thought about it, I was like, there's no reason she would have told that story. I think that she was a little bit tipsy, because if you watch her expressions when he pulled another drink, she they focus in on They focused on the drink, but they also kept showing her face.
Speaker 3: When the other people were given their.
Speaker 2: Stories, she was like, oh God, don't call me. She was she was tipsy and it got to her and she just fucking spilled her dumb guts. But I understand why they flipped out because that's a very taboo thing. But personally, if my girl told me that, I'd be like, all right, you didn't do it right, cool, let's move on. I wouldn't have bugged out because the first thing I caught, besides the Rachel being a fucking Karen, was nobody asked her why, because my thing is my thing is this Rachel's was the fucking worst. You locked a special needs kid in a closet and left him and didn't say shit, and they found him luckily, and he was.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that day and she still didn't think that.
Speaker 2: She was like that was That part was pissing me off. But nobody asked her, like, okay, well, why why did.
Speaker 3: You want to do the school shooting.
Speaker 2: I mean, as somebody that was bullied in school, I never thought about shooting up a school because that wasn't the thing yet for us.
Speaker 3: I graduated before Columbine happened.
Speaker 2: I can't say I might have thought that shit too, not shoot up the entire school. I'm like, yes, in trouble but I might have been like, man, yo, how can I get revenge on these motherfuckers ruining my fucking life. Definitely thought about some niggas was just bullying me when I was at my first school, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how can I end it? Like I can't you big than me?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna beat you hand on, Like so I bring something and I want to beat your ass. I thought about it, like I bring a back and beat your ass in front of everybody, and you won't beat on me no more.
Speaker 2: Because mine was a group of people. It wasn't like it was just one, two or three. It was like, damn it, the whole fucking basketball team, the whole all the jocks fucking hated me. So I looked at it and I was like all right, But I also knew I was watching a movie and I was like, Okay, they're gonna flip out. But I can't remember which one of y'all said it I was. I was pissed that she didn't get checked either. Mike should have been like, Yo, you need to fucking chill out.
Speaker 3: Mike was a pussy. He was a bitch because she was doing way too Like I get it, it's an emotional tie to her with her cousin allegedly, but it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: It was just like, yes, because your friends like you just want to be on a more high exactly. That's it seemed like she never even liked Hima because you went this fucking like she said, I didn't do it one. Everybody's telling you very meekly to chill out, and he's still taking it to the like oh my god, like shut up.
Speaker 4: Damn yeah, I was thinking to say. I was like, man, Jesus Christ, somebody please like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: This scene was so well done. Oh my god, this scene was so.
Speaker 2: Especially because Charlie was like, wait, did you really do it?
Speaker 3: He got laughing. He couldn't take believe this scene was so good. And I'm thinking about how stupid his face looked. Great now to know his whole character.
Speaker 1: Art now left.
Speaker 2: I really don't think I would have bugged out. I'm like, okay, yeah, you planned the school shoot.
Speaker 3: How far did you go with it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I brought the gun to the school.
Speaker 2: What are you he bought the It's crazy, but you didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: You fucking hid behind your girl and usually as a human shield. You have no moral high ground right now. You locked the special needs kid in a closet, You have no moral And then Charlie fucking cyberboy some kid until he cried and moved.
Speaker 3: Y'all can't say shit to me.
Speaker 5: The only reason I do. I was on the fence with Charlie is because he was like, could you still did it? But he was like, they moved because it was coincy.
Speaker 3: He said it was maybe a coincidence, said they move at the same time, but he didn't know. Yeah, he didn't know. Yeah, it's still that he did was fucked up. It was just he was.
Speaker 5: Trying to like lean into like, yeah, he was this innocent guy.
Speaker 2: So it made it feel like they made the punch feel a little less as heavy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so at being berated by Rachel think about it.
Speaker 5: Uh, it did change the tone of the film for me, Like it made me I didn't sit up, but I was like we and some ship now, yeah, and it wasn't. I saw the trailer, so I knew eventually applied like the twist was coming. I didn't know what it was gonna be, though, Like I didn't know, Like they gave me enough to know that something.
Speaker 2: Changed them from being all happy and lovely.
Speaker 3: So I was like, all right.
Speaker 2: So when it was like like, oh, so, y'all gonna talk like y'all gonna have to talk about this, like we're gonna have to have a conversation about this, That's what made me more intrigued about the tone.
Speaker 5: I was like, so, but how are you gonna make this a rom com? If this is what it was?
Speaker 2: And the trailer tricked? You don't know if anybody else watched the trailer. The trailer makes it seem like Robert Pattinson has.
Speaker 3: The fucked up thing? Did I thought I was there?
Speaker 2: Oh, I read it like Robert Pattinson has because the trailer makes it seem like he's spending the rest of the movie trying to get her back. Maybe I was to pay close to off attention. That's what I got from the trailer. So when it ended up being her, that's why it hit be so hard because I wasn't expecting it. I was expecting his shit to be fucked up.
Speaker 5: So when he gave the cyber bullion, you thought they were gonna come back to something.
Speaker 2: Yes, I thought what he was doing was he was doing what we settled earlier. Just give them some bullshit, but your real thing is worse. That's what I thought they were doing. So I thought they were gonna leave. And at some point he was gonna tell her like, all right, look what I really did was I killed a baby. You know what I mean? I shot a baby in the head, you know.
Speaker 1: Darn well? Yeah.
Speaker 5: So ever, being berated by Rachel, Emmitt vomits at the table, Charlie and Emma return home, where the two head to bed without really speaking on what just happened because Charlie doesn't want to really talk about it.
Speaker 3: However, the next morning.
Speaker 2: Before they both uh get up, we get a couple of cutaways of both the wedding conversation and the relationship between the two.
Speaker 5: How did you feel about these these cutaways? How did it impact the impending conversation?
Speaker 3: Was the conversation with the black guy? Rue?
Speaker 2: What was they like a dream? I honestly don't know, Jo too, I couldn't It was that was right? Yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was like, you need to leave right now. Don't even go back to ging clothes. I was like, no, don't even go get your clothes, just leave. Because they showed it happening, and then they then they kind of like did like a slow pan of Zundeia sitting on the bed, so you kind of get the impression that this is her master head, the same thing that he Yes, he also.
Speaker 3: Had a dream of the wedding everybody was shot.
Speaker 2: That was crazy. Yeah, yeah, I think it was fake.
Speaker 4: I think it was where the editing kind of really started to come in and help help the movie, because now you're getting to see like their imagination. But they have been doing this the whole time, so it's hard to, you know, separate truth from reality real I mean, but.
Speaker 3: Is it truth in fiction?
Speaker 1: Yes? Thank you.
Speaker 5: So Charlie begins to ask Emma questions about why she felt this way, how close she was to doing it, et cetera. At this moment, Who are you feeling more empathetic for Emma, Charlie?
Speaker 3: Why would I feel empathy for Charlie?
Speaker 1: Of course? I mean you're talking.
Speaker 3: About Spike, know, I was, That's who I was talking to. What for to marry a crazy person?
Speaker 6: She's not crazy?
Speaker 3: Hat hold on, hold on?
Speaker 8: I felt him like, hey, listen, let's slow down on be realistic about this.
Speaker 2: Slow down, Like, listen, listen, let's put this win back a little bit.
Speaker 4: Was a little punk tune, because why are you acting like this just shooting anybody?
Speaker 3: If you act like she's gonna cute because you got the pencil. Yeah, because then she started playing back in your.
Speaker 4: Mind, like when she snapped out you get your ship together then staying a line.
Speaker 3: That's why I would have scared me because I ain't doing Aliday.
Speaker 1: Alive.
Speaker 3: You might come Byn, sir. I felt him.
Speaker 2: I mean, they were trying to make you feel it because, like you know, he went back and he started thinking.
Speaker 3: About when they were like he was like, hold on, hold I remember that.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I would, yes, yes, you're right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but it seemed normal to me.
Speaker 4: But I think given what he knew knows now is he's looking at her differently like Spike would.
Speaker 1: He was at the like a little pump bro.
Speaker 2: You gotta also consider who we're talking about. This is like some little wafy white boy from from England where these problems don't happen over there, and they're kind of they're kind of setting the president, like even just by the way he walked up and approached her and he was just like all meek and you know, I think they were trying to set it up like he would not be used to this. Let me tell you something right now, if my girl did what uh Emma did in front of that taxi, I'd be like, oh, you would get you home. I love this because I'm the one that's always doing this and she's always with.
Speaker 3: Like stop stop, and I'm like, what your man? Stop Like She's like, who cares?
Speaker 2: Let it go, And I'm like, god, damn it. But Noah, Anyway, I don't have any empathy for trying.
Speaker 3: Because even when he was doing the ain't nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Nothing that she did just now, bro, everything was like just even the slap, Like the slap. You can be like sleepy, I know you loving this ship, but damn, hold on, that's but he did she hit him again. That's what I'm saying that even if you don't like it and it happens with your partner, there's a conversation to be having. Hold On, let's talk about why you feel comfortable slapping.
Speaker 1: Me without consent.
Speaker 2: No, he told her he gave the impression that he didn't like it, and she still did it again.
Speaker 3: I thought that said after the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought After the first one, he was like, what the hell?
Speaker 3: He rolled with the first one and the second one he was liked. He smacked his ax again.
Speaker 1: She had like three times.
Speaker 3: It was three yes, Derwin did it? Yeah, I can, I can.
Speaker 2: Even that didn't seem out the It wasn't that crazy of a thing, like if my girl slapped me, like a let's let's talk about baby, why you feel so comfortable you think you can slap me while we we just need to we need to talk about this. I don't look at you being crazy, even though with the situation that he was in, I still won't look at you as being crazy.
Speaker 3: It's just like you gotta that's a thing for you. I guess it's when you add all of them together. Though, that's why I would be because now I'm like, now, at one point, you got to where you was about to shoot up for school, So what would scare me? Can you ask why I would be tripping? Because I don't know how far you're gonna go. If it may happen, you might decide to shoot me one.
Speaker 2: Day, you know what I'm saying, Like, I don't know how far it's gonna go before you get to your breaking point.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I'm saying. I don't know your breaking point, no one.
Speaker 4: But this was like and they showed it like she was constantly being bullied.
Speaker 2: And but you don't got no context of that as her husband, they made it make.
Speaker 3: Sense, but have the conversation she even told.
Speaker 4: But at the same time, the only way it would get that to that point with you is if you were doing that same ship to her that some of the people were doing. So if you were fine and the relationship was fine as it was, you're safe.
Speaker 5: And I guess I'm not gonna get that complete rience, So let's get it as far as like. Within the review itself, we also began to get scenes from Emma's past, So before you even before we see that Charlie is thinking about being slapped in the cross Crosswalks situation, we begin to get the backstory about Emma. So what did you think of Emma's responses and Robert's questioning in this moment, m It felt like a kid that like she never he hitting at the therapy thing. She never really talked it out, and you could tell she never really talked it out. So it was interesting in the sense of the movie, hearing her talk through this with somebody who she loved. What I didn't like is his response, like he wasn't as open to it as I feel like he should have been.
Speaker 3: He was being kind of judgemential. We too late in the relationship to be that judgemental. So I do agree with you guys there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree with Spike Man. He wasn't trying to listen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I felt like, you know, he was also putting more pressure on her for something that she didn't go through with, you know, trying to really understand it. And I was wondering how she would react and respond to that pressure because I have that scene of the wedding.
Speaker 1: So now at this point, I'm writing a movie in my head.
Speaker 4: They're gonna keep badgering her and pressuring her into this, so she's gonna fucking snap. So what that scene was that we saw that I guess was his imagination. I thought that that was real and that we were going to eventually get there because of everybody else, the Karen, Mike and.
Speaker 3: Then Charlie, I had the same thought. I was like, are they gonna end this movie like that? I had thought.
Speaker 5: I didn't feel that way I felt because she was also she's also threw up again. I just felt that she she had a lot of empathy or like just she just felt bad.
Speaker 3: She really felt bad for even having the thought back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I felt more of an uneasiness from her when he was questioning her, like she was trying her best to be honest with him, but because he wasn't as welcoming or like handling handling the questions with tech, he was just more so trying to make himself feel better as compared to being empathetic for her. That's why I have no empathy for her compared to Charlie, because it's like you're not even giving her the space to really like get.
Speaker 2: Through this and talk to you the way she should be able to. And so yeah, I didn't I didn't take take it as far as like.
Speaker 3: You bring up a good point there in the sense of it's more normalized here and she's American versus him being an England person. And even the other move we did with the age and they had the whole school shooting thing with there what's the name of it, you know what I'm talking about? The slant, yes, slanted, like how normalized it is in American like culture, and she was thinking, like, I mean, it's just something that we do. I know, what's fucked up. She's probably thinking her head, but it was normal to me. So it seems so obscure and crazy because that don't happen where you're from. It happens where I'm from. I was getting bullied and tho it was like, that's to the length I got to. So I did agree with the difference of cultures and how it would be so shocking to him and her just talking about it more calmly, trying to figure it out for him.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think for Rachel and Mike not No, that's not their excuse. But even she said it, she was like, a lot was happened when she was in school. A lot was happening in a lot of school. She was always happening, And I guess somewhat somewhere along the line.
Speaker 3: She thought it was cool to even speak to idolized and some of the schools.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it kind of got normalized, which is something that kids today like it's a way to be remembered, and it's becoming more and more common because it's like, yo, nobody's doing anything about it, but that person is remembered from doing a person to do.
Speaker 3: Something crazy at the school.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think we got a lot here about Emma's past two She also talked about her moving from schools and how she didn't have no friend Like she said, when she was younger it was fine, and then when she.
Speaker 3: Moved in middle school she didn't really have that many friends. He saw the kids picking on her, So we get a lot there. Her parents went around like she didn't talk to them, really said. Yeah, it was a lot that added up to as the viewer of like, Okay, I get it, that's how it happened.
Speaker 2: Maybe she couldn't read, maybe.
Speaker 1: Check out.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately the couple can that cannot continue the conversation and they have to me with the photographer. But the photographer sensed the uncomfortability between the two of them and offers to do a practice run now while the pictures are being taken. This is when Charlie begins to start thinking about the past of it. It's like while they're taking the picture and he's thinking about he's even read, like reimagining her as a fourteen year old as he's with her, like looking at him, what did y'all think of this, this scene and how they used the cutaway.
Speaker 3: All of this was so good in the sense of, like the photographer of feeling something was off, and then when she was taking a piece, she's like, no, a real smile, Like, no, a smile, And he just couldn't bring himself to be happy in that moment because he was thinking about the shooting and shit. The way that they shot this and told this was so well, just like through the photographer, like, I can see that there's an awkwardness here that y'all ain't got over and y'all need to work on it, and neither wanted them being there, because she also was like, I wonder what he's thinking, which was making her anxious. So because she could feel that he was she knew he was off. He was anxious about what he was thinking about her, and she was anxious about what he was thinking about her.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I know it was good. I think using a younger version of her in that moment was dope.
Speaker 1: That was a great choice.
Speaker 4: And there was even a cut to the woman behind the desk, and I don't know what that meant. I was like, dang, is this motherfucker gonna start cheating.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I thought the tension was so thick that she could even tell he could even feel it, Like even the resecretary is like, what's wrong with dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But no, all this was good him trying to force that smile. I think I thought this was good here trying to force.
Speaker 3: A smile that was a real smile.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you said shot And so the scene started out with her like, I'm gonna shoot your parents?
Speaker 1: Like did that?
Speaker 3: Did that comedy work for y'all? Did it undercut the tension?
Speaker 1: It worked?
Speaker 3: It worked. It was like the same tone as this movie. It was.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like that.
Speaker 4: I actually laughed in the theater at that because you can get what they were doing.
Speaker 1: But it's still worked.
Speaker 4: So it was a good player on words and how the meanings of words change, you know, when you have some other thing in your head, Like the whole contest of that word just became completely different form both of them, and all the thinking about is are the shooting shooting shootings and not in relation to like this photo.
Speaker 2: And she just kept going, I'm gonna shoot you way she pointed at them, shoot you.
Speaker 3: I was in there laughing. They got three like audible moments from me in this field. I think that was the laugh and then the gaspit the two other.
Speaker 2: Ones, the gas said, the two other ones, I'm like, oh ship, like I said it out loud.
Speaker 5: There's a time I said, I said what the fuck? And like the white woman next to me looked at me. I'm gonna yea explain that.
Speaker 3: I think my whole theateruse it was younger people. So I collectively, in the same moments, was like, oh, what the fuck? So all right, Well, so you give both.
Speaker 5: You can feel the uneasiness from both of the from both of the characters. Once back home, Charlie asked how how close she was to committing the shooting when he learns that there was another shooting and the fallout from that is what caused Emma to stop. We also begin to see these mall the mall, like the the conversations around the mall shooting that stopped her.
Speaker 3: Uh did the film begin.
Speaker 5: To like build out a more developed mt 'all with this, Giving with how heavy this topic was, did did that help give us a lot of the insight for Emma?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it made sense, like even more so when we start to learn who she is and how you shouldn't be judging her because she became an advocate, like she started speaking against it heavily, and like she she got into gun groups and did the protests, and I think even later on the Dad's speech talked a lot about that too. So it was something that was very dark and haunting that turned her into an activist for it. And I thought that was very depthful for her character and it gave it more and as a viewer, them empathizing with her more of for having to go through this with these stuck up as people.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was enough for her to make a change?
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 1: Again? Yeah? Yeah, I do.
Speaker 4: I wonder because I don't know if Rachel knew that, and if she did know that, well, she found out, but it still wasn't enough for her.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't it. Nothing was gonna be enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know the one thing that she's upset with her about, she turned into an advocate, you know, against and trying to prevent them.
Speaker 1: So you know, she's.
Speaker 4: Actually doing more good now, you know, off of something that she was actually about to do and and that could help, you know, save other people so you don't have the same emotional feeling or fake emotional feeling that you do about your cousin. So, but I did like that they did that with her.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I think it did a good job of kind of rounding out, you know, her character, showing everything that she went through. The reason why she didn't do it makes sense, even her practicing and all those stuff was well done. And some of the other reasons why she didn't do it, Like she was recording her video and the computer kept, yeah, checking up. So it was a lot of signs in the universe about that stopped her from doing it.
Speaker 1: And then she turned around and became an advocate. You know.
Speaker 3: For so, I thought that was dope. Yeah, this isn't this is enough.
Speaker 5: And like for me, I think the biggest thing was just community, like we show it showed, it was showing its important community with us. Like the reason she wanted to do is because she felt alone nobody cared, and as time went on, she realized that, all right, there are people who.
Speaker 3: Actually care about me.
Speaker 2: When the boy first asked her to become a part of the group, that was un sparked when they asked her to be the leader to speak like that really was a big change for her too. You can see how much it mattered to her and how much it felt good to be.
Speaker 3: Seen and being in the community. So shouldn't she have included that at the wine tasting Like that would have made it come off a little bit better, y'all don't think, I mean, how would she?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Would? She said? Well, the worst thing I ever did, I almost or I had the thought that I was going to shoot up with school. That led me to gun advocacy. It's just that the third you think they would still be there.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have to. You shouldn't have to add that last bit, is what I'm.
Speaker 3: But I feel like if you do add it, then they don't have the like if she get mad, then she just a can't.
Speaker 5: But if you in a space where you trust, you think you could trust these people, these other and like, I shouldn't have to give you the caveat of oh, look who I am now it's like I made a mistake and that's not who I am.
Speaker 2: But the way after that, Rachel was down down the throat from there, like she didn't have a chance to ever say, but I'm not that person. But she felt bad about it too.
Speaker 5: It's just it doesn't help if you already feel bad about something and in somebody, just even though you know, like it's not as bad as the jot it, I feel bad about this.
Speaker 3: She acking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she never I think that was the thing.
Speaker 4: She never got a chance to even get to that because nobody really asked any any really good follow up questions or probing.
Speaker 1: It was very judging and attacking and anger.
Speaker 4: So emotionally like she she puts up the shield and she starts defending herself and she becomes more withdrawn.
Speaker 1: You know. Yeah, you don't have to add those.
Speaker 4: Sort of additional pieces of context, but sometimes it does help depending on the person, you know.
Speaker 1: But in this particular case, I don't think it.
Speaker 4: Would have helped with Rachel at all, because she had already been up her mind, so she can she can add whatever she wants to Hey, and I was an advocate, you know, against it, and this is all the things that I've did, and she.
Speaker 1: Can run down a resume. It wouldn't have mattered.
Speaker 3: To her.
Speaker 5: Fair So eventually Emma does no longer want to talk about the conversation. I have the conversation about the situation anymore. She later tells Charlie that she cannot get in contact with Rachel as she has contracted to do something for her job and it's also her maid of honor.
Speaker 3: We all agree Rachel was fucked up for ghosting the ride.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right?
Speaker 5: So the next morning, Charlie's reaction and perceived paranoia has him up rewriting his wedding speech.
Speaker 3: He also threw away a mug that had a gun on it.
Speaker 2: Shoot me if I don't have coffee or some shit is said, and.
Speaker 5: It's just off, like we at least I noticed, And can you probably know this too. I'm just gonna speak like hyperboles. You already know you fuck up in the morning if your girl come to you and you walk past and she said, well my kiss, like that should have been your first time I got a button back, like you know when she asks for some affection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm off. I get it together, And he still couldn't get it together, and then he deleted. He started deleting the whole guy, damn with the whole page.
Speaker 2: First he was taking out like she has empathy and carries the other people's kind I'm like, hold on, how did all that in my head, I'm all that, yeah, I agree with you there, but he's just so in his head about it.
Speaker 3: I think they did a wonderful job, like just shooting and portraying his characters, Like I can't stop thinking about this ship, Like this person that I thought that I knew, like almost did this horrendous thing and I just came.
Speaker 2: You thought like that's like you you now see this opens the door for you to think like, well, what's the worst thing that she's capable of? That is that's we're all capable of the worst though, But you don't think that about your partner until like it's really capable of it.
Speaker 3: That's true. We are all, I think, but you don't think of like your partner in their bin. So there's a scene, there's a scene that's gonna come back to that that that I want I'm gonna bring up. But we're all My point is we're all capable of it.
Speaker 5: So I don't look at it as like I think my girl is not capable of ever snapping Like I think it's all how.
Speaker 2: You know, how you kind of got not? I think you really don't. You think you do, but you really don't.
Speaker 1: Maybe because I think the worst.
Speaker 4: I think people are capable of awful things so and I think that they just don't tell us the things, like the things that go on people here. We have no idea what's in there? You know it, bro, if you knew the random ship or the dark ship people have that, you know, like, it would change your perception of all of them.
Speaker 2: You don't even got to share this bike. I'm pretty sure you done have a dark thought. And you're like, no, give me the funk out, like I'm better than this ship.
Speaker 5: Like nah, so that's what I'm saying, Like, yeah, he can be capable of it, but that don't mean that, that don't mean nothing. Eventually they go back to the there you did the scene with the I thought it was funny throughout the way you were Uh when she had the knife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nervously she jumped the knife. Then she goes back.
Speaker 1: Stab.
Speaker 3: She was like, so like what they jump down?
Speaker 2: That ship was good?
Speaker 3: That was really good.
Speaker 2: And he even he even asked about like the car accident, like he's trying to probe himself and trying to put you why, like what's her trauma response to this? What did y'all think about him asking like, did that car accident have an impact on I thought that.
Speaker 3: He was trying to get to have you ever been to therapy? Without asking have you ever been a therapy? He was getting to like, Okay, you've seen that traumatic event. Did you do anything about out and the thing happened? Without flat out being a dick and be like have you been in therapy before? Which I feel like would have been a better question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can forward that mic up appreciate.
Speaker 3: So eventually we are introduced.
Speaker 5: Charlie goes to work and we're introduced to Misha, and he asks Misha about a book that was on his desk that has women with guns and he doesn't know where it comes from, but.
Speaker 3: He doesn't really know.
Speaker 5: But Emma is also asked about Rachel at her job and so basically he says, just let Rachel go because she's unresponsible.
Speaker 3: Was Emma wrong for doing this to Rachel?
Speaker 1: Hell nah? And that's what she deserved?
Speaker 4: So no, I thought I thought it was well deserved, like, and Rachel hasn't been around those other things, so you are you basically did abandon your job because you still have feelings about Emma.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she got exactly what she deserved.
Speaker 3: And then feel so entitled to say it was your fault they let me go, Like.
Speaker 4: One minute you are project, you still work there, like you just off the project.
Speaker 3: We thought it was a project for the wedding that they hired the outsource to her, that's what I thought. I'm not sure. I thought. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just a project for whatever the company.
Speaker 3: She's yeah, well, anyway, like you said, she aghosted the responsibilities and then try to put it back on em of like oh, you told them to let me.
Speaker 1: Go, and the level of entitlement.
Speaker 4: You could just dip up off of a project and it'll be okay, yes, you know at your at your job, like where and why may we in America?
Speaker 5: In some places, so later on when they're home they try to have sex.
Speaker 2: But you know, Charlie unfortunate. He can't get out of his head. It can't get out nigga do Bro, Like.
Speaker 4: This is way too much at this point for me, Like Bro, like you really like so in your head that's affected your other head, like.
Speaker 1: For real, like this where we are, like it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Like Bro, you you really are done with Emma, Like because of this one thing and you just can't let it go.
Speaker 1: Crow the funk up this ship was getting on my nerves. He was, he's just as bad as Emma at this point.
Speaker 3: Why this is bad?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's a very emotional response, but it's a different one. Like he eventually got to the point where he was able to move past, but right now he's treating her the same.
Speaker 1: Did he ever past I don't know, honestly. Yeah, well think about it, but I think he I think he finally, No, I think he did.
Speaker 4: I think he was able to get to a point of of where he was comfortable moving forward.
Speaker 3: He moved past it when he got hands and feet put on him, But I don't know if he moved.
Speaker 5: He gave us like a finale, like letting us know he is past it.
Speaker 3: I don't think he moved past it until he looked in the mirror seeing his face and we're getting ahead a little bit. But when he looked in the mirror scene this space, She's like all this for this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, even in this situation, Emma tries the best role playing and trying down.
Speaker 3: That was one of the that was the audible people like, oh she was that after this or that that's right down there because now she's still trying to get him to you know, they're doing the role playing and ship.
Speaker 2: And he and he ends up like trying to like ease attention, ends up head buttoner like nigga, she said, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: But from here, Rachel ends up calling thre talking about now when they were arguing about it, and he tried to pull her move and pull her pants down, head buttered on the way up, showing how nervous he was. But he's trying, trying.
Speaker 1: He's coming around.
Speaker 5: Emma calls Rachel and saying that she no longer wants to be in the wedding so because you feel like it'll be disrespectful to her cousin who was.
Speaker 3: A victim in a school shoe. So Charlie decides to go see her. Is it I see on your face?
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna ask the question I was gonna constantly ask you who's the most unlikable character at this At this.
Speaker 4: Point, oh, I justa easily yeah. And it's like you're doing this for what. It's not gonna solve or change anything. She's not gonna get the fuck up and walk. Nothing changes you're doing this for yourself to make yourself feel good, but you're not changing the world.
Speaker 2: You're doing ship.
Speaker 3: Y'all want to know what I said? What the fuck?
Speaker 1: At what?
Speaker 3: She was like, Mike, group around guns. That was funny, that was funny. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Have the same response?
Speaker 2: Yeah, an no guns, group run guns and I'm not scared. And I said him before he responded kind of looking like what right around guns?
Speaker 1: What the ship raised?
Speaker 2: That ship?
Speaker 3: You saying?
Speaker 1: She said so casually, like like like I believed her. I was like they had talked about it. Geez.
Speaker 2: She even says in this uh, I think Charlie was trying to ask us first.
Speaker 3: So Charlie was trying to defend him.
Speaker 2: But I think he did a good job of doing it, even though he was lying on her behalf.
Speaker 3: Because this is when he said the nigh but she was close to I think, yeah, he was doing the best he could with what he had with the people that he was talking to. Like this is at this point, we're going through with the wind, and I need to make this conversation go a certain type of ways so the winding ain't ruined. So I'm trying I'm grasping his crosst any kind of way I can get them to get back on her side at least have some type of empathy for So I think he did fairly well.
Speaker 4: He did what he could because we've seen like he he's not He's a very awkward guy. So he's in an awkward decision a situation he's maybe he's with it himself to move forward, and he wants the wedding to be as comfortable as possible. So he was basically trying to talk them down off the let, off the let. But my thing is, I think at some point, Spike Jaalen, he should have pulled his boy to the side.
Speaker 1: Michael like, Brol you need to get your girl under control because this is I.
Speaker 3: Don't even have lied.
Speaker 2: Fucked them, bro, you can't come to the wind.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's his boy.
Speaker 2: Though Charlie still ain't accepted himself, so he was fucked up. So that's that's why it happened the way he did.
Speaker 3: But still fuck them like.
Speaker 1: Girl crazy with it. Though Mike was fun, it was it was Rachel. She was holding on to it.
Speaker 3: Either way. She an extension to you, my boy, but that's his best friend.
Speaker 2: Though in extension your best friend need to fix.
Speaker 1: It, but I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I want to invite my my, my best friend to the wedding.
Speaker 1: How do you check your girl?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna tell him, like, yo, bro, she get it together straight up, like just like that, because you ain't gonna come here without her.
Speaker 3: I ain't.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm gonna respect you enough to not fuck up your household. But I need for you to figure that out for me, so you don't fuck up my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, So, I mean, yeah, I get it was close to the wedding, but at that point, man, we don't, you know, we'll figure out somebody in the black party, someone, We'll figure something about somebody to do this ship that he was supposed to do when she was supposed to do.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't have to lie in your path, especially for something that's not as deep as y'all are.
Speaker 3: Making it right now.
Speaker 2: Fact agree.
Speaker 5: I also, I know there's a conversation about people having like some people are on the side of like this is crazy that she did this. But I also wonder too, how much does race play effect in that, because in that it's black compared to if it was a white, white woman who said this, because there was even a comment in the flashbacks about.
Speaker 3: When women don't really do this, it's a it's a white man.
Speaker 4: I didn't see color in this one. It felt like it was more about the school's shootings in general. The only color was when he when she applauded to Mike. So I didn't even think about it in that respect. So I didn't know people were having that conversation because yeah, I mean, it is typically mostly white man or white people, you know, which is why they made the DC Sniper was such a thing for for us when that happened, he turned out to be black. So no, I never thought about it from that perspective. Well it was just because she was black.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just wondering, like, outside of the movie, how people will perceive what she said because she is black. Do they give it more like, oh, like she's she's black and she was about to do school compared to how you gotta think about it, how.
Speaker 4: They because it's a rarity of black not even that as a rarity, just about how we're perceived, like it's always mental health for them.
Speaker 2: A white person does something that's the extreme compare for us, it's just like that's just in our DNA that we're violent, and that's we're reckless and we don't give a fuck. So her, as a black person singing this, they probably do to, oh, that's in her DNA to say something like that, like she's not one of the good niggers, you know what I'm saying. So it could be a difference there when people look at it compared to if it was a white woman, they would have probably took the time and be like, but did you have the right resources? Did they actually support you the way that you needed to be supported. I wonder how people actually are looking at it too that way, because even Rachel Rachel was like Charlie said something about you know, guns of hypo, like basically hyper everywhere here, and Rachel says, so it's America's fault, Like I was like, that should make me chuck, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And she knows that because she grew up here and she lives.
Speaker 3: Here, But as a privileged white woman, she don't see it. She don't think that that's the.
Speaker 1: When there's nothing but white people. I mean literally, but.
Speaker 3: I don't agree with I'm just looking at.
Speaker 1: There's no way she can.
Speaker 4: Okay, I see what you got saying in terms of but I think the it's almost like she lumping the violence and guns into just one bucket and that's it.
Speaker 1: Regardless of Like so with there's black.
Speaker 4: People in the story that they're telling with black people and guns in terms of like gang violence and stuff like that, and then there's white people in this store with their guns when it comes to mostly school shootings and stuff like that. And so for her, maybe because of the visual imagery that she's constantly seeing for that she's maybe to your point, it's associating guns and black people and excluding the other aspect of it, even.
Speaker 1: Though the subject of this.
Speaker 4: Whole thing is about what primarily happens with the white side.
Speaker 1: Of gun violence. So if she's just saying it's all one of the same.
Speaker 4: And it's just all black people, then yeah, I can see that, but she should know that it's mostly white people.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I think it's all And the more I talk about it with y'all, I think all of this was about racism because the mic situation obviously, like you're correlating that in the way she said it was he was around guns and he turned out all right. You know what I'm saying, he's blended, but it's the other black person who was around guns and they didn't turn all right. And even with Charlie's response of talking about the trauma she experienced, he started saying it was interesting, like he started getting fascinated by the idea that may if it was a trauma response, it would be He didn't say fascinate, an interest that's interesting, right, but you could tell he was kind of fascinated.
Speaker 2: By this idea of like, oh my girl may be like one of those black people.
Speaker 3: Interesting and I never thought about it.
Speaker 2: The more I'm talking about it, I could I am thinking about because he did say it was interesting. He kind of like smiled, and that's just that what is interesting about it. And you know what I'm saying, more interested.
Speaker 4: In because he's from England in an Americanized way though, and less about their color.
Speaker 3: Could be but I would have.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the more I think about this conversation, especially with Mike sitting right there and how everything was just being framed and talked about.
Speaker 3: I think this was more of a race conversation. Mm hmm. I didn't think about it that way, but I see what you're saying.
Speaker 5: So well from here, Sam c's uh, I mean, Charlie c Sam in the street and tries to talk to her, which ultimately.
Speaker 1: Doesn't go well. So he returns to work.
Speaker 3: We talked about how.
Speaker 5: She basically said that that he was wild in at this point. Yeah, and that's basically what's gonna be. My next question is like, how.
Speaker 3: Much is is Charlie fucking up.
Speaker 2: A lot?
Speaker 1: Lot?
Speaker 2: Because when he gets to work, he ends up asking Mesha what is the worst thing she's ever done? And hypothetically, what would she do if her boyfriend playing the school shooting? So this is some of these lines are that funny to me. The way she was reacting, like she's like, you saw my ex? Did this work for y'all? Yes, all of this work.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I love what it led up to in that situation. I love because she was kind of he he went from This is kind of a turning point for him because he went from feeling like she was feeling to actually hearing her and he was like, you sound done the wait, wait a minute, this sound dumb, And that had been his position the whole movie, but it took someone else to come at the same position for it to be like, Okay, I am, I'm tripping. So I liked how they did this, did she.
Speaker 4: At this point? Now I'm getting sick of Charlie. Are you probably getting in the middle now baby bounce all over bit?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: But yeah, at this point I'm over Charlie. I'm like, bro, like you're asking everybody. You just cannot make peace with this situation. And now I'm starting to think, and now I'm writing a movie in my head. I'm like, well, shit, is he gonna shoot up the wedding? Because I still don't even know. I still think that's real at this point, like is he gonna lose it and start shooting up the wedding? So he's just freaking out. Then he started crying and me, she's just oblivious to it. What I loved about when she said, you've seen my boyfriend and then he was like your stereotypical like white male that looked like he would do some shit like that, you know, violent.
Speaker 1: He was very violent, but I guess we'll get there.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so I thought that that was interesting as well, because he looks like the one that when we eventually see him, like one of those gun toting Americans.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Yeah, he yeah, I don't know, man, I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Sitting there thinking about it. Do you think that she was more so conveying like the opposite of what Robert I was thinking?
Speaker 3: I think did she was conveying the same thing that he was thinking, but him hearing it. She bade him start to realize how ridiculous he was sounding when she saying she would like leave and misaking. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: She was.
Speaker 2: She wasn't defending him what I'm saying. Yes, she was against it. She was I would call the police, said, And he was like, was asking the questions that he kind of knew the answers like a good person would say, like a person who was understanding was saying, but he was allowing her to reinforce the negatives. Yeah, And that was the issue I was having when I'm like, you're answering the question like you're asking any of these questions because to you, deep down, you know that what the answer should be, but you don't feel that way. And that's why he got mad, because he knew he was agreeing with us, yes, because that's what he was feeling, like deep down he knew the answers was the opposite.
Speaker 3: See, he was feeling what she was saying. I took it as he finally started to understand how fucking dumb he sounded about.
Speaker 2: This now because if I think if he did, he would and I got upset at the so he felt like he was hold up a mirror. Yeah, okay, he felt like, fuck, I'm like, I like, I'm giving into this ship.
Speaker 1: Some in there, some.
Speaker 3: Recognized what he recognized, like I do sound like because he threw his drink out of frustration in the sense of I hate that I agree with her, but I know it's wrong. So yeah, I think this is a great scene.
Speaker 1: You don't know what called the police way what exactly? Like stupid?
Speaker 3: My girlfriend almost shot up a school like what yeah, years ten plus years ago. So then we transitioned to the DJ being fired. But well, you gotta talk about the kiss stuff. I'm gonna get that. I was like, okay, got you, got you, got you.
Speaker 5: But Charlie is still acting a little uneven then before. So through the cut scenes we see he cheated by kissing.
Speaker 2: He didn't actually cheat what he said he didn't. I thought you was saying he didn't fit.
Speaker 1: For me, and I was like you almost had me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheated. Oh Ship. I was so shocked at this. I was not expecting it.
Speaker 2: They they that when he leaned in and kissed her, and then like she was receptive of it.
Speaker 3: I really pushed him first the first and then she yeah, and then the whole like I was. That was another audible oh, Ship, Like I did not see that coming. And I was like, oh, and it's just like you was watching this spiral out of control, like it went from the wheelchair scene to the scene where he having lunch with her. Now he kissing her and bending her over.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh man, it's man.
Speaker 3: She turned around brop.
Speaker 2: That nigga ripped like you gotta work the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: That was she said, I can't believe you just ripped. He wasn't thinking about Ship.
Speaker 2: He was just like, I'm trying to get I gotta put these feelings somewhere.
Speaker 1: I ain't just because she liked that skirt up with she was over.
Speaker 2: I was like, like, look at me, sh it just is like it just reinforced Oh, you're a shitty person after like you just told me you just cheated.
Speaker 3: That's the worst thing you've done, is you.
Speaker 2: Cheated on somebody, and the way you're doing it right now, like it's not like caught up in the moment trying to stop. Like that first kiss was the thing that cut you all golf. But after that you was like, and you brought up a good point about her being a shitty person. That's how a shitty person will respond to the school shooting ship from the previous scene.
Speaker 3: So they they tied that in.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah that is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that was funny. I'm glad he didn't do it all the way. But yeah, I mean, I don't know. I think I think, I think they.
Speaker 4: Can get past the Yeah they could, Yeah, anyway.
Speaker 3: They could have what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: But that ship, It was funny that nigga, the way he even stopped to like, I don't even know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Did that he better than mostly got it this far, especially after she just bent it over got me. It was right, I just that was that was the That's why it's funny. When he gets asked if he's sexually harassed her, he was like, I know she was ready, he was ready. I don't know if it was harassment. Oh God, did Emma handling the firing of the d J. Well, yes, I think she did because he he was being a bitch, the bubble husband. She made him, he made he put her in that position to have to do that because you're not handling it like we said we were going to handle it. You letting her walk all over you. She feels like she can walk all over you. She talking to us any kind of way. If you're not gonna do it, I'm gonna do it. Yeah, get out, especially this younna call me a what ever she called her cunt or whatever it may be. I think you said you're being a cunt. Yeah, Like, get out.
Speaker 4: You ain't handling this, yeah, yeah, yeah, Because at this point, he's a he's a pump and he's been a punk since he I mean since the beginning. He's a very passive, you know, uh guy. So and now he's going through this emotional spiral of everything so and now and everything that just happened.
Speaker 1: So he's done for like at this point it's a rap for him. He's just cheating on her.
Speaker 4: And he is now seeing everything with the differen lens. So now you know, baby feel guilty for what he did, But he wasn't going to fire her at all, so and she just did the thing that he wouldn't there, they wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think she.
Speaker 2: Again as a DJ, I think it was fucked up for him to sit there and watch her set up and you tell that's whatever was one of the things that did pissed me all And like she said, y'all wait till I set up to do this ship.
Speaker 3: Like for me, most of the deposit paid.
Speaker 5: All right, at least I know, I'm I'm gonna make that money for you booking this day. But you made me come here set this ship up, and theyin't gonna tell me that. That's what I was confused by too. I thought, I was like, why do you wait till the day of the wedding?
Speaker 4: Like that was stupid because they were distracted by everything else that was going on. They never really got back to the heroine issue and.
Speaker 3: You might as well just leave it at that point. I also feel like it wasn't done attack.
Speaker 5: And I think I think, I think that's piece of it, and I think that's probably a little bit of em reacting to how she was being treated to.
Speaker 3: There was a way to do that better.
Speaker 2: To me, Like as a person who's going through people judging you from something that you're doing.
Speaker 3: That you did that is not as bad as people are making it be.
Speaker 2: We I ain't gonna do Heroin, and I don't really think anybody else should. But I don't think if you if you enjoying Heroin for yourself, that's your that's your life. So again, if there's a conversation that can be had in this moment as compared to just you did hairing, get the fuck.
Speaker 1: Out and are you good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed like she was a good DJ. Though I think it seems like she's a good DJ, all right.
Speaker 5: So we get to the wedding day and then we learned that Rachel does decide to be the maid of honor and Misha is also in attendance.
Speaker 2: We also know that they get a DJ. I didn't really get much from this scene. I don't think the scene was just to set up for what was gonna come later.
Speaker 5: But they were talking to the DJ in the hallway and pop sound before that when they were talking to him any first, and he was like, he basically said fuck about the duch weird though I was trying to figure.
Speaker 1: It out for just to comedy because he was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't really pick up what it was putting none there, So that's why I was gonna ask you. I didn't get it.
Speaker 5: But my father's give my father's gives a toast. Rachel also gives a toast.
Speaker 2: Will Both Emma and Charlie are still dealing with the paranoid of just the room.
Speaker 3: What did you think of the.
Speaker 2: Of the toast from from both of them, from both the dad and from Rachel.
Speaker 4: The dad was it was interesting because we know the truth. So listen to the dad speak about the daughter. Seeing Rachel's reaction, Oh my god, it was just really really really bothering the fuck out of me. I just I just really needed some other female there that just slapped the ship out of her.
Speaker 2: It's to tell her like he did check the lead.
Speaker 4: He did get to the point was like, god damn, he did check it well in a way he was basically he did call her out.
Speaker 1: He was like shut up or chill out.
Speaker 4: I can't remember exactly like he said it, but he signed a black when he did that ship.
Speaker 1: But he was over her ship. I think she actually got quiet for a little bit.
Speaker 4: But but he was giving this beautiful speech, and it was like, and you even became an avagant and then my gun and seriously disappeared. I'm like, shit, you just have no idea the things we don't we.
Speaker 1: We I don't know about our kids. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: But when that motherfucking ship popped, when I tell y'all, I laughed out loud my whole theater dump because remember I'm still thinking somebody gonna come through and shoot that motherfucker up.
Speaker 1: When that ship popped, everybody got shuk. He was like, man, I can't even think. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: It's just a black man ship around, got.
Speaker 1: He he asked, And I think that's what the DJ was there the show. He was awkward and goofy. So when it popped, you have contests for his personality, like, oh yeah, sorry. So it made sense for why that ship would happen, man bro Bro that ship was funny to me. Fact and he was.
Speaker 4: A military guy too. Yeah, so there's that part to it. So, uh, which is another layer to the to the movie.
Speaker 3: And then when he sit down he asked me, said so, what did he asking me? He said, so, y'all grew up with guns in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why did you have guns in the house and something like that was really weird.
Speaker 3: She looked at him like, nigga, if you don't shut up. I thought that was good.
Speaker 5: I mean, at this point, his paranoia is getting the best of him and her, and she's in the bathroom and she thinks that Misha knows about school shooting.
Speaker 3: I would have did that happen because somebody said something, But I don't know if she was imagining.
Speaker 5: But it could have been her just saying talking to somebody about Yeah, he came and talked to her.
Speaker 3: He asked me some weird question about some school shoes. You know what I'm saying. So that forces Emma to tell Charlie I need to go talk to me. I'm gonna bring her. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: What what would you No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, Absolutely we don't got to talk to her. I'm sure she don't know. I'm sure you do not know. She don't know.
Speaker 1: Ship you gotta check this.
Speaker 4: You gotta stop, don't take your don't go get her in from that now.
Speaker 3: No, we ain't nothing y'all need to talk about. Absolutely not. I'll ask her, as a matter of fact, I'll ask her to see let me fix this, baby, I got this. You don't even got to worry you look about it.
Speaker 1: Let me take it.
Speaker 4: But you know you don't wear the so called pants and in the relationship, so at this point, and you know, once a black woman made up a mind.
Speaker 2: Bro rap, so you at least got to go with her and be like you gotta give the signal and be like.
Speaker 3: You see the way he had looked what she came in and he was trying to.
Speaker 2: Like, you gotta gotta know she don't know, like she just came out with it.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, it was another when I say I was the loudest, I.
Speaker 2: Said, oh, you know, as soon as she saw him in there, She's like, he just came on to me.
Speaker 3: He kissed, he kissed me. I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: Damn, I felt so bad. Form it was like what, yeah, yeah, I feel bad for her. Yeah, because she didn't deserve that.
Speaker 1: She did not man.
Speaker 3: And it was like it wasn't even what I was like, I got.
Speaker 2: It ain't just the thing that I was coming to get you for now, it's this whole other thing that may be even worse than the thing that I came to get you. The thing that made it on top of that worst she was confiding in this whole about me and about like you was talking.
Speaker 1: To her about asked you that, yes, I just asked, what.
Speaker 3: Do you think happened in that room when they were like?
Speaker 2: What do you think happened in that room? When Misha left and we didn't see them but leave that room?
Speaker 3: I can't that's the you can tell.
Speaker 2: But how she was tense when they was came, she would that was her Daddy was looking at.
Speaker 3: Her like you think he knew something was up.
Speaker 2: I wanted to see what was going on with I did because a black woman.
Speaker 3: Finding out all that one time. She had a little sweat on her forehead and there like, well you lucky you made it out at all.
Speaker 1: And Rachel speak speech was a piece of ship too.
Speaker 3: Yeah I have something to say and yeah, And that's another way where her husband got to like, no, it's cool, Yeah, you don't got to say ship man.
Speaker 4: But at this point you're not trying to ruin the wedding. You're just praying that she doesn't go there. Yeah, and I thought she was and I was like, oh my god, she's gonna actually do it. But yeah, he yeah, he was frustrating me At this point, I'm like, bro, if you don't get her in control.
Speaker 2: And control.
Speaker 1: Well Charlie your little comments.
Speaker 5: When Charlie is tasked to finally give his toast, he he is just all over the place because he doesne got caught cheating at this point. He don't know what people know in the room. He don't know what's going on. What yall think about this toast man? How did y'all feel about Charlie? Like were you feeling for him? Did you not give a fuck? I feel deserve it.
Speaker 3: I felt for him, and like he should have did the same thing Emma.
Speaker 2: Did well, kept it really brief.
Speaker 3: He should have been like, you know, we don't want to do speeches or something like that, or I had something but I'm just overwhelmed and keep it moving. But he tried to save it with the speech that he had deleted, so I'm sure he hadn't been practicing. And then he wanted to just freestyle in that move like nah, bro, like there was a cringe worthy that was secondhand embarrassing moment.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh no, bro ya, what about you?
Speaker 1: Ken? Yeah, second hand embarrassment is exactly it.
Speaker 4: I'm like because I'm like, there's no way he's gonna just start, because I'm trying to think about, like, how is he gonna get to sing all the shit?
Speaker 1: And he just starts Ireland.
Speaker 4: But I think they did a good job of kind of showing this has been his character.
Speaker 1: The whole movie.
Speaker 4: So he is uncomfortable and he just starts saying shit. You know, he's awkward. So when he just got up there and just started. And I also like when they showed him taking the shot of the alcohol, you know, so he doubled down on the liquor he probably had already been drinking. It goes back to what Mike was saying about Emma earlier at the table when she was drinking and she just started saying some shit that she probably wasn't wouldn't have said if she was in her right mind.
Speaker 1: He did the same thing, and he said he didn't say that she did the school shooting.
Speaker 4: I think he just said she didn't do it, so it's fine, but nobody still know what she was talking about. It was when he started talking about Misha this thing.
Speaker 2: I loved hearing him in the background, like you can hear buddy, like what he did brot was as a nigga you know what he's thinking back then, and you had the nerve to say, y'all shut the fuck up on shut the hell up, bro, bro, are you that corner?
Speaker 3: Yeah you got me.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: I got a step to you now because you think.
Speaker 4: I'm a full hold like NA, but he really because again he's very awkward.
Speaker 1: He's just spiraling. I don't even think he know. He just heard noise and he just lashed out like y'all shut the fuck up back there.
Speaker 3: He got the right one today.
Speaker 2: Even with him inspiring smiling, he knew who was back there making it like, you know, I just blew, I just blew.
Speaker 4: He just met the moo because he freaked out when he walked up to him the first time, and just to introduce himself. That was a big motherfucker is pretty tall, you know so, and that motherfucker was taller than him.
Speaker 3: He gave the little boy back pay all right, man, congratulations.
Speaker 4: That motherfucker walked up and he looked like one of the He look like a military motherfucker, bro or some type of athlete or something.
Speaker 3: He said what he said, did you sexual? Did you sexually?
Speaker 1: A rass which means Misha told some boys right. She lied, She completely lied. I got that ship off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, well, I won't say lie. She probably puts him sauts on it. I don't even know, because she was trying to get out of it.
Speaker 3: He kissed me. You heard her, you can hear it.
Speaker 4: He did the first encounter that when he kissed her. Yes, that is, but once she consented.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the thing about consent. They're going to say it's a power dynamic because he was her boss. He wasn't her boss.
Speaker 3: I think so. I thought he was he when he went into her office, maybe because his title on the thing said.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like and if that's the case, then I'm looking at that scene different too, the way she been there. I was like, yeah, you're my boss. I gotta do this. I thought that's why they showed this title, because they showed.
Speaker 5: Him in office. I'm looking at that scene different now. It's like, oh, like she felt that I have to do Yeah. So now she did get sexual harassed.
Speaker 1: Like no that that that scene didn't play out in that way. But she she was, she was she went for We all saw that.
Speaker 3: But kin, that's how the story is gonna be told. That's how the story. But that's not that is the story. You're right, Yeah, that's not even start being told.
Speaker 2: The thing is she if it's power because of the power that sexual I think about it. If her boss kisses her and she doesn't want it, in the back of her head, I don't do this, He's gonna find us. So now I have to get into this whole situation in order for me to keep my job.
Speaker 3: That's to me. That played into to me. That played into the willingness of it when she first she had to process it, and once she processed, she was like, that's I thought she was the boss.
Speaker 1: That's what the boss.
Speaker 2: But yeah, if that's the case, then yeah, and the way she because she probably thinking I told him I cheated. Now you thinking again take advantage? Like all that matters if that's the now. So now it's it's just adding more to it for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, No, I don't disagree with what you're saying in other contexts in this movie. What what I saw, what y'all saw was none of that ship and the story will be told the way y'all said it, But y'all know good and damn will that she wanted that ship and she went for.
Speaker 3: Twitter right now.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even the way it's just even I'm thinking about the way she did it too. It was like assume the position type ship like it wasn't on something like this is the spur of the moment attracted to him.
Speaker 3: She wasn't in that way. Yeah, she just did it because she felt like this what's required right now. No, she wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what you is that what you're saying you think happened, yes, or you just saying that's how people are gonna look at it.
Speaker 3: I'm saying that's how she's telling the story. We watched it happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Knowing that that's her boss.
Speaker 3: I kind of took it that way as well, Like she's looking at this from I thought she was looking at it from a power dynamic standpoint when.
Speaker 1: It first happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, she wasn't turned on or nothing gave like she was just.
Speaker 1: Recoupable any sort of I have to do.
Speaker 2: Never mind, I want to take it the boss though, I'm telling you his title was something like superintendent, like he was the head head curator of the museum.
Speaker 3: That's what his title was head curatoric, I don't say that she's the boss, says a coworker. Either way, that's the head curator. Like I'm thinking that she asking to him because he went to about that book. It was like, how does this book get on my desk? She's like the mail. So I'm thinking that she answers to him. Could be.
Speaker 5: So we we go to we get we transition to uh Charlie back at his apartment.
Speaker 3: With blood on his tucks, and we.
Speaker 2: Don't really see completely how the blood got there. We just know that Blake approached him, so we just didn't got the beats. But while he's looking for him, get a transition back to the scene where Blake approaches him and this nigga head.
Speaker 4: But this nigga, he looked like a crazy white boy the first time we were in the first time we saw.
Speaker 3: Him, I said the same. I said that that tip, that that looked like a typical move for him. Like I'm started with the hands, but like I'm leading with crazy motherfucker's leading with the head.
Speaker 2: But geez, I can't but the nigga I pressed my hand, could I do wonder?
Speaker 3: Nigas head? But I'm like why should go there feeling too.
Speaker 2: I'd rather my hand be hurt your head head.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't do that ship like I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I ain't never bumped my head and it felt I couldn't.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I always I've hit my head a bunch of times and it has not felt good to that, Like I always hurt.
Speaker 3: Like I never understood that.
Speaker 1: If you apply the force and stuff is different. No, man, I have to study.
Speaker 5: That's why UFC when they be doing that and yeah, like yeah, y'all better than y'all, y'all love it different differently.
Speaker 3: He looked like a UFC dude, That's what he looked like, some big tall UFC fight. What did y'all think of Robert Pattinson's performance here?
Speaker 2: Like being alone and playing the music and that was good, hugging itself and ship like that, like even looking in the mirror of facial acting. It's just like, man, all of this for this.
Speaker 3: Like I fucked everything up, bro, I fucked everything up just being in my head like you could see it all over his face. That was that was dope.
Speaker 5: I really with this because that in this moment even playing the music, and he like slowed out the dance. I was like, I'm trying to find some sense of happiness, trying to find some joy here because I'm fun.
Speaker 2: This is all fucked up, because I'm fucked up on what's supposed to be the best day of my best day of my life, and I'm just fucked up and stupid ass.
Speaker 1: Can let some ship go? Now? Look at your dumb ass.
Speaker 3: It seems said so much without saying ship.
Speaker 1: He said, yeah, that she whenever he's being a dick or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I thought this scene was a real dope scene to put right before the ending.
Speaker 3: At this point, I guess the ending though, Okay, so this was like when they was doing this, or like he going to the diner and she gonna come to the dinner. I didn't get all the way with what they do, what they was gonna do when she sit down, but I was like, they're gonna meet at the diner, which I wasn't mad at. I feel like it was appropriate.
Speaker 4: I didn't, but I was wondering how they're going to end it. But I thought the ending worked because they both now have fucked up one way or the other. So even though I don't, I think this fuck up is way worse. But I think they look now as view equally. I think now she's saying that there's something that you can't get over with me, and now there's something that I can't get over with you. So when they tried this role playing thing before, when they wanted to start over, that's how she wanted to start over, to get him comfortable by needing a completely different person, and she wanted to go ahead and do the same thing with him.
Speaker 1: And this is how she's gonna cope.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's how that's gonna work. Really, I looked at it.
Speaker 1: You don't think it's gonna work, or I.
Speaker 3: Mean, he fucked up. It's like he fucked up everything, even the thing that he can't get over. You should be able to get over what the fuck? So he hasn't, though, But that's his problem. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's his problem. But it's a problem for both of them.
Speaker 2: Though it's a problem for her. But if she stays with him, and she is, but they we don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. I think that's the point.
Speaker 4: But I think up to the wedding, though they both have at some point agreed to move forward, her and him, so so she agreed to stay with him and he agreed to stay with her.
Speaker 1: It's just that he.
Speaker 4: Went in and fucked it up by having by not letting it go and having that sexual assault with old girl as.
Speaker 1: They call it.
Speaker 5: But my issue is that Emma never did anything to question her loyalty to him. I agree, like she never There was never anything that she did that should have made him feel like the relationship doesn't work.
Speaker 3: So I agree. I think she actually doubled down like this is how much I fuck with you? You fucked you, like I feel like her even coming to that the Dieter sitting down in doing a role place like I told your dumb ass like you know how women, I told your stupid AsSalt eve it alone. Now look at you, you sit in the diner on your weddnight with the beats on your face, and I had to come, not save you, but I had to come start this over because you couldn't leave some dump shit alone. And I think that spoke to the like how much she actually loved him, because she was saying, like I really fuck with I've never loved nobody like this before. And even though she was mad, and she was mad that he couldn't get over and she probably was mad, and he's gonna have a conversation about that kiss. So that's another conversation is going to be had about that. But even her going to the diner was her saying, I'm here for this. This is this is love to me, and you're my person, and I'm going to forgive you and let's do the thing that I tried to get you to do in the hotel and start over and excuse me in the apartment and start over and leave this shit behind us. And she came, it's like, I'm still willing to do that, even though you fucked everything up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I thought. It was. The sales are not equal.
Speaker 3: Why she didn't have no sense to know.
Speaker 1: What I'm just saying. So, but they're they're they're not equal.
Speaker 4: He has done more harm because he has violated their trust.
Speaker 1: Before he she didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Her sin or negative thought or whatever we want to call it, was when she was a kid, you know, a teenager, she thought about doing well, she almost went through with doing something because she did take the rifle to the school.
Speaker 1: She just didn't do it.
Speaker 3: But I don't even think that's a sin. I think that even speaks a testament to her, the woman that saved the relationship, because even that I was open enough to tell you that, that's I really don't want to tell nobody.
Speaker 4: She wasn't open to tell that, but she told him because of the stupid ass game. And yeah, and you know, if we go with what Michae was saying, she was drunk.
Speaker 1: She never was gonna tell him that at all. If that game never come up, she never would have.
Speaker 3: That's not I mean, I don't think I would hold that again to her.
Speaker 1: He shouldn't have. I thought it was stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I mean, I think it's also a big assumption that they're gonna be together.
Speaker 2: I assumed that they were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think if that's what I was from the scene, I think I think it leaves us it's just ambiguous. And I'm fine with that as far as like what's gonna be next, Like maybe from because the conversation feels like this is the conversation that needs to be had and we don't know what comes because if she really breaks it down.
Speaker 3: You cheated on.
Speaker 5: Me, Yeah, y'all, y'all are saying that's probably the biggest thing, But it's not that. It's the fact that you didn't trust me and you were second guessing me as a person, and through that you showed up as a totally different person.
Speaker 3: Fair point, Like you, all this spirals.
Speaker 5: From you being fixated on something and you became a totally different person. In my eyes, you ended up like if you really gets you don't know, but you were lying about my past to other people. You were talking about me to somebody else, then you want to kiss that person, then you lie to my face about it. So this person that I thought like you basically became what you thought I was. You thought I was a totally different person because of one thing, but you showed up because of this one thing, a totally different person to.
Speaker 3: Your point about it being and like, I love how ambiguous it was. I didn't need a happy inded I didn't need after this seeing them to go and have kids, and like I didn't need it. This was perfect on how they ended it, Like cause you said, we know black women, there's definitely gonna be another conversation about their kids, that's gonna happen, and even with them like starting over, like they just meant who was to say that? Like you said that it will go that far, like they may realize stuff or have realized stuff about each other where it's like, I ain't fucking with you like that. I thought I was, but now that we've restarted, let's not so. I love how they edit it.
Speaker 1: I liked it. I liked and two I do think and uh, the way I see it, I do see them still being together. I think it took a lot for her to sit down at that table. You can see it. She was struggling.
Speaker 3: She did a great job at.
Speaker 1: To get through that.
Speaker 4: Knowing that he did that the day before or a couple of days before that that broke her. In addition to everything else you just laid out, that's enough for her to walk away from the table. I think there's a lot of work that has to be done in terms of what one thing she knows is that I think she can really know that he absolutely loves and adores her. And I think what she'll have to try to make piece. Yeah, And I think what she'll have to make.
Speaker 1: Pieces is what he did was an emotional reaction to a thing that he couldn't understand and he wasn't able to process.
Speaker 5: And I think, but I don't think he nah. I think I guess I look at it a little bit different. I don't think he loves and adore her because.
Speaker 2: He if he truly loved and endure her when he was having that conversation with Misha and he he realized how fucked up it was.
Speaker 3: That would have been enough like that.
Speaker 5: That's that should have like it should have a like way before that should have been fixed.
Speaker 3: But that should have been like for you right there that moment, to be like, you know what.
Speaker 5: Everything I'm asking me should And even though I'm asking these questions and I'm not getting ask I know the answer deep down.
Speaker 1: But he still was willing to go through with the wedding.
Speaker 4: I think if he he was, he was he was he was finding ways to move forward in spite of like him questioning or having concerns about a character.
Speaker 2: I think that's just he's not confrontational. For one, We've learned that fact.
Speaker 5: So calling off the wedding is a totally that's a big ass thing to do right before days of.
Speaker 3: So for him that's not that big of a for his character.
Speaker 2: That's not something for him to do, like he doesn't know how to He wouldn't know how to do that in the first place, so he would have probably just continued to go along to get along, like that's not something and we've learned in his character he does doesn't have that in him.
Speaker 3: So just because he was going along with the wedding.
Speaker 5: That didn't prove to me that he was in love with her, and then he really seen some value in it, like you spend all his money as days ahead, like at this point we locked in.
Speaker 4: I feel like the way I was reading is that he didn't want to leave her over this, and he was gonna find a way to get past it. I think what really messed him up was the kiss, and I think that that's where he was really freaking out, especially when he started seeing him, because he knew at that point he really.
Speaker 1: Did fuck up.
Speaker 4: But I think there's a lot of things that will have to be resolved, like because he still got to deal with the dad that shit still because that's what I'm thinking about, Oh, you got to deal with the dad or everybody else.
Speaker 1: El was at the wedding like.
Speaker 4: So maybe all right, maybe the fallout from all of this, maybe the external factors maybe too much for them to get past. But I think if they isolate themselves and just focus on each other, I think they'll be able to move forward. They want to be together, yes, then agree with it, and you know, it's up to them to find out and realize how strong the love that they have is for one another. Isn't enough to put these things aside and move forward with you know, a future together?
Speaker 1: What on you' all?
Speaker 2: Mike here, I had to leave the review because of a family emergency, but because I enjoyed the movie so much and I was actually enjoying the conversation that we were having about it, I wanted to go ahead and give my thoughts on the rest of the film.
Speaker 6: So yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: I went ahead and I took the questions that Jalen asked the crew and just kind of answered them on my own. So I went from the point of I had to leave to the end. And yeah, so Jyalen was asking what did you think about Emma's responses to Charlie's questioning. I actually agree with the guys that Charlie was being a bit too judgmental, and it kind of goes to what I was saying earlier about the fact that no one really asked Emma if she was okay. They just started to immediately think about themselves and how they feel and if they're in danger. Like no one there showed up for Emma in that moment. They only wanted to feel better about their own situations. That's how I saw it, Like no one even recognized the fact that Emma has to go the rest of her life with a deaf ear, you know, an injury that reminds her daily of a terrible decision that she almost made.
Speaker 6: Like Charlie, Rachel, and Mike.
Speaker 2: They're all able to address their past harms or whatever, but they can completely move on from them and you know, act like they never happened, even if the people that they harmed can't do that. And out of the four of them, only Emma is actually physically harmed by the actions she took and is regularly reminded of that thing that she did. So for the next part, they're kind of talking about the scene with thetographer, and they're also talking about that scene where they're kind of flashing to Charlie looking like he's dating the younger version of Emma. I agree that this scene was done really well, especially the picture part, because the picture it follows that scene where the photographer is she kept saying like, I'm gonna shoot you, and I'm gonna shoot your parents, and I'm going to shoot your grandparents, and of course it's a play on words, but it was so well done because it shows just how much that's weighing on Charlie, and that carries over into the pictures, like he looks incredibly uncomfortable the whole time because he no longer thinks he's he knows the person that he's marrying, right, So when it shows us Charlie walking with the teenage version of Emma, I thought that was a really good touch because it showed that Charlie thought he was dating or engaged to a completely different person. He's now marrying the old Emma, and in his she hasn't moved on from that. You know, she's still that person to Charlie and he can't separate the two. So about the scene where Charlie is kind of asking her if she did anything to get better, I think that that scene was really interesting because it showed us that Emma wasn't just some quote unquote crazy kid who wanted to shoot students, right. She changed after she saw the impact of what she was thinking about doing. You know, she sees the other school shooting and the kids that were impacted by that. So I think what this whole scene shows us is Emma just had a moment of anger and bad judgment, but she understood that she never really wanted to actually hurt anyone.
Speaker 6: It also shows us it also kind.
Speaker 2: Of serves as a reminder to us to not always judge people just because they've done terrible things or had terrible thoughts in the past. You know that people can make changes, and if they make tangible changes to their behavior and they make an effort to help other people that are maybe going through that, then I think that should count towards how they're viewed. Right, And this side thing, it kind of goes to show what I'm always talking about with like fuckers like Andrew Schultz. You're like, just giving an apology isn't enough to rectify his mistake. You know, you have to make tangible moves, tangible changes.
Speaker 6: To the part where Charlie is kind.
Speaker 2: Of asking Emma questions about her childhood and kind of probing, you know, because there's that part where he has he just deletes his entire wedding speech. But I think for this part I actually agree with Spike. Charlie was trying to find out what work she had done to get better. That's why he's asking about therapy. It's not really about, you know, did it help her. It's more so he was self trying to find out what the therapist may have said the issue.
Speaker 6: With Emma might be, and he's just trying to make.
Speaker 2: Himself feel better by saying, well, she went to therapy, so this is in the past and she's better now. Now to the part where it shows, uh, Charlie and Emma trying to have sex and Charlie can't really get it up or whatever. For this part, I actually disagree with Ken. I think this whole thing does make complete sense. Even if he was accepting of what she'd done, it makes sense to me that this would affect his ability to perform sexually.
Speaker 6: And I think the fact that it was affecting him sexually.
Speaker 2: Shows that he does actually have care for Emma deep down. If this was just a piece of ass situation to Charlie. I think he could have just used her as a fuck doll, did his thing, and then just moved on. But him hyper focusing on what she had done tells me that he he sees sex with her as more than just sex. It's actually an act. Right, not saying he's right for hyper focusing. I'm just saying that I get it in that moment, and I'm also with Spike. He definitely did not move past it until the end of the actual movie and when they're discussing the part where Rachel says that Mike grew up around guns. This just outlines that someone can still be racist even if they're in an interracial relationship like them being in genuine love, like they could be infatuated just head over heels in love with their partner. But that doesn't remove racial parameters or biases from the situation, right. But what it really told me here is that she was going to use her partner's race to back up her prejudices about Emma, and that is peak fuckery to me. To the part where they're discussing was Charlie wrong for the way he defended Emma, No, I actually don't think Charlie did a good job. I don't think he did quote all he could do more about Charlie to me than it did Emma. You know what I mean. He was partly defending Emma to himself, like trying to convince himself of the same shit that he was saying to Rachel and Mike. I do disagree with y'all about how Mike needs to get his woman quote under control. I mean, I'm sure it was partly joke, but look, man, she's her own person. Rachel is her own person, so men getting their women under control to me is just some cave man bullshit. I do agree that he should have pulled he being Charlie, he should have pulled Mike aside and said, look, man like, can you have a conversation with her and maybe explain my side because if she can't move past this, then I'm going to have to remove her from the wedding. And since you're my homeboy, I don't want this to affect you or affect how you see me and our friendship.
Speaker 6: And boom that's done.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's some antics for quote getting your woman under control.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I.
Speaker 2: Also agree with Ken here that I don't think the way that Rachel was attacking Emma in terms of the school shooting was based in race at all, at least I didn't see it that way. And the retort from Emma to the teacher about school shootings only being men was more to show that Emma had done her research on this because she knew that there were a few women who had done it too. I didn't take it as hey, there are black people that do it, or there are black women. I didn't read it that way. This may have been a way for Emma to kind of justify her involvement in what she was doing, but it also may be a way to kind of level the playing field and say, like, hey, women are going through shit too, that may make them go do fucked up things. But I think all if I'm looking at it as a whole, I think it was more to say like, nope, look I'm here and I'm valid in a really fucked up way. I think that's what Emma was doing. And I don't think Charlie was looking at it from a race conversation either. I think he was looking at it more from the perspective of him not thinking she was one of those type of Americans I didn't see the race thing in this conversation, but I could be totally wrong, and I'm open to being totally wrong. So when they're talking about the part where Robert is talking to Misha, I agree with Jalen about the moment he was talking to her and she was repeating the shit that he was thinking. I think he was mad at himself for having these thoughts, and hearing them out loud made him realize just how much of a dumb ass he was being. Okay, so the cheating thing, so all right. My take on the whole situation is I feel like the entire movie is about perception, Like Rachel and Charlie's perception of Emma. Then we have this situation which outlines Charlie's perception of Misha.
Speaker 6: Right, she says she's cheated on her.
Speaker 2: Ex before, So Charlie immediately perceives that Emma is just a cheater, right, And she thinks that she's just a whore, and he thinks that, okay.
Speaker 6: Well she'll she'll cheat with me.
Speaker 2: I think this was less about him being her boss and more about him being a man who can't let go of his perceptions of other people's past he's doing the same thing to Misha if you think about it, that he's doing to Emma right to him, what Emma did in her past defines who she is now, And yeah, like the same goes for Misha to him. But also I think we have to outline here even in the discussion that the crew had, no one really asked what was up with Misha. We just immediately buy that she's a whoreor and that she did a bad thing, just like Emma. Right, And when y'all are talking about was the firing handled well?
Speaker 6: Like, did Emma handle that properly?
Speaker 2: What the firing outline to me is that all of this shit happening is changing Emma's attitude and worldview, like she's no longer empathetic towards the DJ. But when y'all y'all talk about the awkward DJ shows up and we're talking about the wedding and when that pop happened, I agree with Ken that shit was fucking hilarious. I hollered that was one of those moments that I was going to discuss with y'all that I was the only one laughing out loud in my theater. I don't know what the hell was going on there. Now, let's talk about the real point of contention that I saw in the cruise review, the whole power dynamic thing. When it came to Charlie and Misha. I thought that was a really interesting conversation that they had. But again, I think the whole movie, including this part, is really about perception. We see it one way, and you know, because we see it that way, we're convinced that that's the only way it could possibly be. Like, I didn't personally see it as any type of assault when I watched the movie, because I didn't know Charlie was her boss until Spike said it.
Speaker 6: And I'm still not sure if that's the case.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If she's just a coworker or she's a subordinate I don't know. But was Misha totally down with what was happening, or did she see it as a situation where she had to give in in order to not make her job situation worse. We don't know, And I think that's the brilliance of this movie. It all depends on our perception of the scene and about the viewer's willingness to even entertain a perception that's not our own and by y'all's conversation, it's pretty clear how that played out for y'all, But I don't know, man, I think it's I think the introduction of the power dynamic is actually very interesting. I think it's also worth mentioning something that was not mentioned in y'all's discussion. The scene of Charlie cheating with Misha was intercut with the firing of the DJ.
Speaker 6: So if you watch it, it's really cool because.
Speaker 2: It cuts from the part where the DJ's saying I didn't do it when they're accusing her of smoking heroin, but she's still fired, and we're seeing Charlie's face while this is all happening, and then it's also cutting to him cheating with Misha and him stopping himself, so he's definitely thinking, just like the DJ is saying I didn't do it. Right, So it gives this idea of Charlie kind of panicking that Emma would dump him for something that he quote unquote didn't really do, the same way she's dumping the DJ over something that DJ says she didn't do. I thought that scene was really really dope, And yeah, my thoughts about the ending, man, I agree With Jalen, the biggest takeaway for me is that Charlie perceived what Emma did in a certain way and showed up to the relationship as a completely different person, which is something he was like accusing Emma of right not being the person that he fell in love with, and in his paranoid hyper focusing, he ended up becoming a different person than the one she fell in love with. So her showing up to the diner at the end was her saying that, unlike you, Charlie, I'm willing to accept that these in the past and that we should start over. We should not linger on the terrible things that you did, because you did some fucked up shit, but because I love you, I'm willing to let it go. I'm also a bit with Jalen. Charlie doesn't love and adore her, at least not the way that not the way that that I think a lot of people will get the impression of. I feel like he loves her, but he loves and adores the idea of her more than her herself. Right, he definitely loves her, but I just don't think he loves her to the degree that that Ken and Spike thinks he does. But but yeah, overall, I think this was a brilliant film. I think some of the best pieces of art don't just hand you answers. They they introduce questions and they and they spend a large amount of time kind of forcing you to analyze just how important those questions actually are.
Speaker 6: And yeah, this film does that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: I totally agree with Ken.
Speaker 2: It talks about school shootings without really addressing a school shooting, but bigger than that, I think it really pushes the discussion of how and why we perceive things the way that we do, and why certain things hold more weight than other things might. So yeah, it's not essentially really about the school shooting itself. It's more so about the idea of why the school shooting holds that kind of attention or that kind of care or anger or whatever you want to say for someone like a Rachel or someone like Charlie or someone like Mike.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I thought that it handled the whole idea really well.
Speaker 2: Excellent film, And yeah, I wish I could have discussed it more with the crew.
Speaker 1: But there you go.
Speaker 2: There's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Load to me.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, I see it because I think the boy would have been.
Speaker 3: I think that's just some toxic shit we tell ourselves.
Speaker 4: Well I thought it was toxic from the very beginning, but yeah, totally it was different.
Speaker 3: I think love is what brought both of them to that dinner. If she don't love him, she ain't going back to that nine I didn't say by her, and I love him like I mean he loves her.
Speaker 2: I mean I think he realized how much he loved her as all of this shit was happy man, as a man, I have my past train b and as pissed as she was in that moment, she still she still heard me out, she still came back, talked to me. But when she sat down and thought about it, she moved on with her life like black women will sit down and listen to because because they love you. But that don't mean she's gonna stay like sometimes I mean they they do stay. Sometimes they sit down there, they think about it and be.
Speaker 3: Like, nah, this rights too much disrespect. To that point, I still don't think that text will help, because if she did love him, she wouldn't have went so like you're right. She might have sit there, might have listened, might have Yeah, I do love you, but I'm not doing this with you, So yeah, two things could be true.
Speaker 1: But he was the one called.
Speaker 4: It still came down to her decision because he was calling no answer, texting no answer, and she made the She he was the one that went to the dinner, walked right past him, just to let that motherfucker know, and then sat down. They took him a minute to pick up on what was going on, and then you can see the two of them, him realizing that, oh, she's trying to just wipe the select clean, and this is her way of doing it because she tried it before, and we're gonna move forward.
Speaker 3: You have kids. You think she asked her dad for advice? He told her to go to the diner and told her to leave him alone.
Speaker 1: I think she didn't ask her dad for advice. You did? Did? He probably would have been like, leave that motherfucker alone?
Speaker 3: What was what you think alone? Leave alone?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because right all these seasons, you hurt my baby, and yeah, fucking yeah, you know the movie.
Speaker 1: Ship would have been like, but if you really love him, then you.
Speaker 5: Know you fucked up, like you fucked up her wedding and you cheated on her.
Speaker 3: Yeah we're good alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over the mom maybe not so much white.
Speaker 5: I don't know, man, I think we I think we see different on the ending and that's cool. I mean there's a lot of things we see different in this film, which makes it a good a good conversation piece.
Speaker 3: This might be my favorite movie. That's where it's at for me right now. It might be my favorite. Yeah, so so far, like.
Speaker 5: It balanced the comedy, the heaviness, the tension, felt like when they needed to be there, it was there.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 3: This was this is a good experience.
Speaker 4: It's a hell of a way, a very creative way to make commentary about school shootings without using the school shooting.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what.
Speaker 3: I loved about it. I was like, oh my god, this is brilliant. Yeah that's I was in the movie thinking that it's a smart as fun so yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, we did talk about the director y'all, so yeah, like I did bring it there just so y'all aware of it.
Speaker 2: But again, art from artists is a great piece of work. But ship did they We talked to Nolan this week. Mm hmm, you ain't seen you, you ain't seen invisible. I'm gonna tell you out to know them.
Speaker 1: This week Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all who saw it? Yeah, so all that ship King was talking about. Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Other than that, man follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 5: At FPS Podcasts also joined the reddit thread. We have a lot of conversations there.
Speaker 2: But if you want some some more, if some more content from trailer reactions to Solo reviews the nominating films, make sure to join the patreon. That's where you're gonna get more access and as a as a Patreon, you get a whole lot of control there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, until next time, peace,