Speaker 1: The Frames per Second Podcast. What's going on? It's your boy, Nick. I'm here a mis naturally name modest media man. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: And I am Spike Lou of the On Deck TV show and another week in the books.
Speaker 2: How you doing man? I'm doing good. Y'all? Pretty good? Pretty good? And you're now tuned in to the frames per Second Podcast. Uh.
Speaker 1: We are continuing on with our weekly recaps of the hit HBO original series starrings and dea title Euphoria. Uh. This recap will be dedicated to episode six. May me double check make sure I'm right, because I know these niggas always be.
Speaker 2: Nigga's got the right taps? Episode six, I'll say that, what's the tough.
Speaker 3: Stands?
Speaker 1: Let's see, we won't have Ken joining us today, but Mike will be coming on a little bit later. But we're not gonna you know, we can always say one monkey, don't stop the show rolling through. I want to get everybody's thoughts on this episode, because well, we got two left for this season and this.
Speaker 2: Episode was was very interesting.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start with you now because when I how the episode starts, I was thinking about you.
Speaker 2: So, what did you think? About this episode.
Speaker 4: It's a slow decline. It's a slow, steady decline. I think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: The opening with the backstory was the best part of the episode. After that, it just went completely downhill for me. It's just I won't even saying one downhill. It just felt very incomplete.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You felt the same way, Rod, Yeah, felt yeah, I felt incomplete for us to be uh, two episodes from the end. I'm curious to see how they wrap all of this up. And this makes me feel like it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Rushed, you know what i mean. So I'm a little worried about that.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think, man, it's just it's just an okay show right now, you know what I mean, and and that, and that's not cool for you, for you, you know what I'm saying, euph You.
Speaker 3: I never looked at it, Euphoria as just an okay show.
Speaker 5: It was just like one of my top shows, Like I was really looking forward to seeing it. And it's feeling it's weird because I still look forward to seeing this because I wanted to get better. So it's I'm in a weird place with it. It's like, dang, I'm anticipating to see what that's gonna be. And it's like I always get let down a little bit.
Speaker 2: M how about you, Lou, I feel the same as this is a well I don't know if they said this, but this is a note for me though, Like I hate when shows start like getting in his backstory. We talked about snowfall and we hope that they wouldn't do this, and they give you this whole other story before they get back to the cliffhanger that they left on the last story, which leads me to Rod's pointing, since I don't feel like they got much story to tell. I didn't I like all of them. Oh, he's a great character, but I don't need this backstory. Bro like that that shit didn't tell me nothing about him in the sense that it added to the current storyline. It don't. It didn't give any depth to him, like ye'all got it, I understand when and then they tried to wrap it up with don't ever trust no bitch, like that was cool, but I didn't need that. I want to be more in this world with the characters that I know already. Like, so, yeah, I didn't like that they did that, But also I do still enjoy it. It is still an okay show. I do still look forward to it. Like Rod said, it hopes that it does get better that they wiled me in these next two weeks, but I don't if I had to bet on it, I wouldn't think so. Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I first to say I was wrong. I was wrong early on by saying that.
Speaker 1: I think we talked about like the first couple episodes, I was like, these are gonna be the worst episodes.
Speaker 2: Seasons gonna get.
Speaker 1: Better as it goes along, and that has not been the case at all, especially after this episode. I do agree with most of y'all like how it start was intriguing, but as it was going along, Nay, it felt like this was the Alamo show. Like it felt like I was like, I don't even care about the rest of the cast. Let's just get back to that character because that's the most intriguing character that we don't know too much about.
Speaker 2: But I love what we do learn throughout the sea throughout the season.
Speaker 1: But yeah, this may have been one of the most unsatisfying episodes of the season.
Speaker 2: And Mike, I'm not sure if you are.
Speaker 1: We're just not going over our overall thoughts, but I wanted to see what you thought about this episode just in general.
Speaker 6: Sorry jailing, but my mind it's not working. For some reason, I liked this episode. I don't know what y'all said because I've logged on late, but uh, I didn't have a problem with this episode.
Speaker 2: I thought it was all right. I don't think it was amazing or anything, but I liked it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, most of everybody said it wasn't that or maybe not entertained as the right word, but like just that good overall, like what we were hoping for about it. Like, as we're getting to the last couple of episodes of the season, I.
Speaker 6: Didn't hear none of that. I'm sure it's on my end, but you just froze. But I'm positive it's my end.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, Oh okay, Well, to me, this episode doesn't have too much going on for the rest of the cast. This is mostly an Alamo dominated episode, so I think we can focus on that and we could touch on the other cast characters down the line. But we start off this episode with seeing a flashback and somewhat origin story of Alamo with his mom growing up and one of the biggest lessons that he I guess Withreugh narrating that he learned as a young kid with how his mom interacted with a man that she was dating. I'll start with you, Nay, since is one of your favorite characters. You said this is the most interesting part of this episode. Why was that for you?
Speaker 4: I think the performance is Danielle that dead Wilder. I think it's her last name. She's an acting fool. I love anything that she's in. So while I understand Alamo's not character that is primary to the show that we've grown with, I felt like this backstory. I liked the Alamo character, and I felt like the backstory was interesting and was probably the most interesting piece of this show because I didn't really care about any of the what was going on with any of the other characters, which is why I feel like this show is steadily declining. Like for me to not care about Nate getting chased, for me to not care about Cassie. The thing that I cared the most about was this scene, and Jules and Rue and everything else was kind of filler. But I really I really like Danielle's performance. I really liked the story with like the way his Alamo's mom issues created who Alamo is, and at this point I could just be alright with the Alamo and Rus show.
Speaker 1: Rod, did you feel the same way after seeing that how we started this episode?
Speaker 2: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, like that, this show is now heavily, maybe to his detriment, focused on Alamo.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's to a detriment per se, Like I did like that that backstory, it felt very euphoria or whatever, like to go back, you know, tell the story of how they got to where they were.
Speaker 3: And I think we were just talking about that. We were just saying how it was missing that, and so they came right back.
Speaker 5: With this episode and did that, and they did it really well with the Alimo story, giving you more.
Speaker 3: Of a sense of how he got to where he was.
Speaker 5: And and just listen to his whole model now.
Speaker 3: So I really liked that. The performances was great.
Speaker 5: Like the the mom just just just being brutal, and they start off saying that, but then like when you see it, it's just like what I don't I don't really see I thought, you really love it, man, you know what I'm saying, to the point where you know, Alimo was food and yeah, man, it just really.
Speaker 3: Really sucked, but it felt very like that time.
Speaker 5: I think they did a really good job with capturing whatever time period that was supposed to be, with like the paintings and just the furniture, all of that, the hairstyles, like, I thought all of that was really really really executed well. And then yeah, you just asked me about that. That how they opened it with that, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so no, I thought I thought I thought they nailed that. I thought they nailed that a part.
Speaker 6: What about you, Mike, what did you think about how we started off this episode? Yeah, I think the way they started it off was great. I loved all of this. I didn't expect them to start this way, but I was totally fine with it. I like Alamo enough to want to know his backstory, and I like that that actress a lot too, And it was a good story. It felt like really good old school euphorre your writing. So yeah, I like this. I like this a lot.
Speaker 1: Louis should have it should have God knew that she was joking him for his bread.
Speaker 2: You always try to sit give me the setup question. He should have knew that. It It's like I ain't mad at her for it, though I feel like she was. She was just doing what she had to do to survive. It just so happened that he was the mark I mean, and it happened to him and she left him. But I thought he was good. She was good. I like her as an actor as well the other stuff I've seen her in. I think I'm on the different side of the fence with you. As far as Alamo's backstory, I liked him as a character in present day. I didn't care about any of this shit though. This didn't mean anything to me. I didn't need to know why he went with a pimp bro Like I pretty much figured it out. Something went wrong in his life. I got that, So, yeah, this was I was out of here. I ain't like. I ain't really like that. I was more so frustrated that they didn't take us right back to where they left us at when they started the episode.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what you meant when you open up with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you didn't you didn't like that? It didn't feel like throw back you for your tea.
Speaker 2: Not really, because again, I'm still getting I like Alamo, but I'm still getting used to him. I don't mean I'm not that in invested in him to have to look at that and then the end of it be, oh, I ain't gonna never trust no bitch because my mom did. And I'm saying that because they said that, but because my mom gott I forgot the name was Yeah. I didn't need him to say that or that to happen and to see that to understand that about l though it was it would have been good on another show, on another season or earlier somewhere, but just specifically it being right here is what frustrated me about I wasn't I was fine with it. I was fine with it.
Speaker 1: It actually added a little bit something to me, because again, it's interesting to see.
Speaker 2: How these men who are in these.
Speaker 1: Professions quote unquote, like like you mentioned, there was something that went wrong, and there's always a difference something and I mean some stuff is stereotypical, but this one was kind of somewhat unique because it wasn't like he was like groomed into being like a drug dealer or a pip.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like his mom was abusing him or I think the.
Speaker 1: Guy mentioned that him and his dad didn't like he was trying to make up for what his dad didn't do or whatever. But it seemed like this story was just one of like, Okay, this is where his innocence broke, and he was never the same after that.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting that it was done out of love.
Speaker 1: Like you mentioned, Lou, I think you said his mom clearly loved him, like she kept on talking about like, I'm doing this for you, I'm doing this for us. If he can't accept it, doesn't matter if he loves me, as long as he you know, if he don't love you. I thought all that was great set up, and I love the fact that she used love to kind of manipulate him to act a different way, too, because I think if she would have told him what was going on, he would have been a kid and he.
Speaker 2: Probably would have fucked it up or snitched or said something.
Speaker 1: So I think it was very It was a great way to explain how he looks at women after that, especially because this is the first time that the woman that he loved broke his heart. So I love how we started off, and and like you said, Lou, we kind of get right back to where we ended off, where he's riding down with that gavel or whatever about the swing on Rue and then he somehow Ru ends up talking herself out of getting killed and says that I can make a deal. I can get your money back. Let me call Faye. Mike, what did you think about learning about what happened? What's been going on with Faye and that Nazi dude? As we learned how Ru was trying to basically manipulate her to get what she wants.
Speaker 6: See, I thought all this was interesting, especially are we at the conversation that they had when Ru called her yes when she's still in the I thought this was interesting because, like I mean, I guess it does kind of show that Faye is a little stupid, but it also shows that she'll kind of do whatever it takes to please the guy that she's with. And I like the whole part where Roote asked or so, like are you a Nazi now? And she's like, well not really. It's like yeah, She's like kind of sort of It's like what this this to me? Felt again like it felt like season two epho your writing. I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 2: Nay, what did you think?
Speaker 4: I was very confused because I thought we'd already done this. I thought we'd already talked about getting the key, and I thought that this was already the plan. So I was a little confused. Yeah, this this scene, it felt flat for me. Mm hmm. Fell a little flat for me. I just thought like it was and it goes back to the I don't like the whole rat storyline for this simple fact. It's like it's this cat and mouse game that I don't feel like it's fleshed out all the way. So, yeah, I thought we had already established that she was going to get the key and get the money last episode.
Speaker 3: So I was confused.
Speaker 2: Did we all remember that I was in the same boat as they, Oh, I confused. My confusion came from I thought that they did establish that, and they suspected her of talking to the police, and that's why they had her dig the whole and they were going to terroget her about that. That's what I thought. So I was sitting there with the same confusion as Nay. It's like, why did getting the key get her out of this when they did this, like they thought she was talking to the police. At least that's what I thought, And then I thought, maybe I think he ever said that.
Speaker 6: I think we just assumed that maybe they dug the hole like that because they thought that she was secretly in on the whole heist because she was in the room or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she heard their voices, and he didn't understand why she didn't tell who it was because she heard their voices.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: I think we just thought that they thought she was talking to us, and she's talking to the police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe Rob Rob.
Speaker 1: During that scene where we're learning about what Faye has been up to with her boyfriend and how she's talking to Rude, Faye actually also tries the drugs that were stolen from the safe and it just gave.
Speaker 2: Her the runs.
Speaker 1: Did you think do you think that's gonna come back as far as like now Fay knows that because she even said it to the dude.
Speaker 2: She was like, that's not actually cocaine.
Speaker 1: He was like, I ain't trying to hear it, Like I'm trying to Like, we're trying to have a baby, you're trying to start a family.
Speaker 2: You over here doing drugs? Do you think that.
Speaker 1: Trusting Faye as far as being a no point intended key piece of this is going to be like.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a downfall.
Speaker 5: For Ruthe well, I don't like what they're doing with Fade this season. I feel like she was just more intriguing last season. This one, I felt like they were gonna do something with that. It's like they're shining away from that. In my opinion, I'd be really surprised that.
Speaker 3: They, you know, give her a bigger.
Speaker 5: Bigger purpose here. So I don't know how much more we're gonna get of.
Speaker 2: Are you interested? Are you interested in getting more? If we do?
Speaker 5: I was, I wasn't first, but then the way they're writing her this season, I'm not really rocking with it.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm not really rocking.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like how y'all feeling and how I'm feeling now about Nate.
Speaker 3: I feel like they've downgraded her character so this is just like a real airhead or.
Speaker 5: Just like just kind of just drug druggy, Whereas last season, I feel like she was like observing and stuff was happening around her. And I think I said that early on when we first start reviewing this, but yeah, I'm not getting.
Speaker 3: That sense anymore.
Speaker 5: She just, like she said, she just in love, like dump like stupidly in love with this Nazi And I'm just not in this storyline.
Speaker 6: For her, she was always an airhead. Remember, the only reason she was observing is because the dude came and told her that they were setting Fes up. She didn't figure anything out, not that I remember at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: She just seemed a lot more intriguing last last season to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just not the same, it doesn't. It doesn't feel the same.
Speaker 2: She's not delivering the lines the same. I know that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that too, that too.
Speaker 4: I think she was endaring because of Fez.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that could be.
Speaker 4: And I think because of the group that she's with, she's not endearing anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably I think. I think you're right, that's what it is.
Speaker 5: I think that what made that made that make sense, and now that he's not there, it doesn't make sense anymore.
Speaker 6: And that's probably why when they brought up Fez, that was like the most like interesting part of the conversation.
Speaker 2: But she was like, remember Fez helped you, so you need to help me.
Speaker 3: M hm, Yeah, that's what it was. You're right, now, that's that's what it is.
Speaker 5: So but I'm kind of I can't remember who said it, but yeah, yeah, this, this, this, this whole sequence didn't really do much for me.
Speaker 3: It seemed like it ran ran too long. And like again, I think.
Speaker 5: It's because the involvement of fa Rue is always gonna deliver the lines. We can always kind of her to deliver lines. But I don't know, it just it just was a little weird for me. I'm sorry, Mike, I'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This does kick us to the next part where Alamo is not like all right, I'm gonna set up a meeting with LORII. We're gonna meet at my crib and we're gonna discuss how we're gonna I can get my ship back and we can just kind of end this ship. Quote unquote, Lou, what did you think about the conversation that Laurie had with Alamo when they went when they pulled up to his spot.
Speaker 2: And they were trying to negotiate a deal for a truce. I don't know. I just feel like it came out of nowhere. Like I understand, the borders were closing, so they had the pivots, so now they want to use it. Like I feel like he would have been compensated more for such a big deal or twist like this and you just robbed me. I ain't, I ain't got no, I don't want to hear this shit. I'm gonna go do with myself. If anything, I didn't have to even use you. So it felt weird to me that she was able to come to him like she had leverage after you just robbed me. I don't care about the little bird and it dying like whatever you felt about that so well, but you came and robbed my place of business and now you're marching up in here, your son or whoever that is to you're talking crazy. I just I didn't understand how she was able to have a position of leverage in this, do you know? I think that it was like Alamo was like has something more up his sleeve, Like he's just using this to gain access to her, Like I don't think this is like for me, I took that scene as like there's more to what Alamo's doing.
Speaker 1: He just pretending to be like, Okay, this is just a truth because like I said, I agree with everything you say. Like he's clearly he been pissed off for a while and this is just him being a little bit more cunning.
Speaker 2: That's possible they didn't, and if they didn't, that's fine because I would like to be surprised by But they didn't give me any indications that were what was going on. But it's definitely possible with that character. I agree with you there, what about you to day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this scene felt flat for me too. The only thing that I think that I took from it, The most important piece to me was when he when they tried to get Rude to be the drug meal and he says, I have people I trust more than her, and Laurie was like, you don't trust Rue. So I feel like he's aware of the cop angle, and part of me feels like he's in on it somehow. But I really feel like within these next two episodes they got to give me some kind of twist here to make me feel like any of this matters to me. And I just think for both of them, with us having this backstory of Alamo, I just expected more from what they did with him this episode, and it just it just I didn't get it.
Speaker 6: Mike, you got your face crushed up? Yeah, because I think so. I think this scene worked for me because I liked Laurie and I found her to be intimidating and creepy, and just just the way she delivered the dead pan.
Speaker 2: I thought she was a cool character.
Speaker 6: I know y'all didn't like her, but I've been saying since day one, I like Laurie and to see Alamo be like, I don't give a fuck about none of this shit, and he the way he yanked her to him, and he was just like, if you even think about fucking me.
Speaker 2: That right there. I was like, I fuck with Alamo.
Speaker 6: I like this whole scene, and I like the fact that what's the lynch, y'all, y'all Marcia.
Speaker 2: I like the way he looked up when the dude said at a boy because.
Speaker 6: I felt mad he said that ship and he looked at him, was like, yeah, watch your fucking mouth.
Speaker 2: I was like, I liked this scene. It was very, very tense.
Speaker 6: I forget the other dude's name, the dude with the weird bishop bishop. The way he was delivering it's almost like he took on that monotone, weird deadpan LORI vibe and was giving it to the dude that was sitting nearest to him. I think that's her brother or something. I don't think it's her son. Either way, Yeah, I liked this scene. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 2: He I like the way Ru was behaving too. Every time they showed her face.
Speaker 6: Zendeia is too good, like you can read everything on her face and the way she kept like she kept looking kept in her seat.
Speaker 2: I loved this scene.
Speaker 3: Man, Yep.
Speaker 2: For me was like as soon as he put his feet up on the table, or was this this motherfucker just don't care? He disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I know he had not seen all that ship, but like, damn, like you on their turf in they crib and like they literally came out gun's.
Speaker 2: Deep Like ye, Robert, what did you take from that scene?
Speaker 5: Yeah, some of a little bit of both of like what Mike and they was saying. But I think I'm leaning more towards Mike this time. This was an intriguing scene because I particularly do like Lorie, so I like that, but I also agree.
Speaker 3: With I don't know Spike said or dang, I can't remember who's saying.
Speaker 5: What, but it did seem like how are y'all so confident in this man house that did that?
Speaker 3: Did seem a little weird, like.
Speaker 5: They have the high ground, like they could just kill y'all off if you if if if if he wanted to, I don't know if that does in long like long term, but well, I guess he would never find his money, So I guess that's the leverage they had, because a.
Speaker 6: Nazi will think like that, Rod, A Nazi will think like that. A Nazi will walk up into your house and act like they have the high ground because they're white and they don't think you won't do ship the way they were talking to him.
Speaker 2: I do agree with you, Rod.
Speaker 6: It probably has part to do with the money, but I just think that Nazis would behave that way interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that was a little odd to me. That was a little odd to me. Yeah, but I still like though I like your I like your house. A little person did you'll see how.
Speaker 3: Smrong she.
Speaker 2: Spikes bike off?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: What about her? Felt like a little person who.
Speaker 1: Is like yes three he said it in the previous episode when because gave a fall pass, He's like they got us six plus as digging.
Speaker 2: Like like her frame is like little person frame. If y'all go there and go back and look at it, watch watching.
Speaker 1: Well, she she writes a little because she dressed like looking at the clown, her clothes as big as head like she was.
Speaker 7: She got droopy clothes like she don't really, But.
Speaker 2: But I love this scene. I thought Bishop was gonna shoot.
Speaker 1: Cuz, Like as soon as he pulled a gun on and like under the table on behind the bar, I thought she was about to go down. I love how when a nigga really talking ship ride, they always bring up Hiroshima. That's the one part of history that every nigga knows, Like nigga, I'm about to kill everybody if shit go wrong, he said.
Speaker 8: Look, he said, they want a pinky in my asses. I was like, this nigga talking ship. But I was surprised that it was just a clean meeting.
Speaker 1: You know, it was a lot to build up because I think we had about one or two episodes where he was discussing, like I talked to Lauria gonna set up a meet.
Speaker 2: I thought there was gonna be something that was gonna happen then.
Speaker 1: But to y'all point, like granted he made even if even if they do have the key already kind of made, they still got to know how to get in, and they still don't know the whole area. And also they don't know who else Laurie is working with too, so I think it will be too soon to kind of attack on that. But I love how the scene it's set up and where we're gonna go to. But we quickly kind of jumped to Maddie's perspective. I believe where she's been working with Alamo a lot, got the girls going her, including Matt, Cassie and that as well working at the club and stuff like that. And then she has a conversation with Alamo, which is like the first time she's really seen the version that Rue has still been he rules, you know, even in this episode, warned her again like Nigga, don't do business with Alamo. And she's like, well, you do business with Alamo? What's wrong with that? And Ru was like, Nick, I can't tell you what's like, it's me. You should know my decisions are bad.
Speaker 9: You would love to have more content from Frames per Second. Become a patron where you can contribute to what we review and discuss. Our Patreon gives the listeners the power to nominate and vote a monthly discussion in Film Review, while also nominating and voting on weekly solo reviews from each cast member. You also get the opportunity to vote on the publicly released anniversary film, all exclusive to our Patreon. So become a patron at patreon dot com frames per second where there are two tiers you can choose from. That's Patreon dot com forward slash frames per second.
Speaker 1: But Rob, what did you think about what Maddie is getting into and do you think that she's in trouble or she still knows how to handle herself.
Speaker 3: I think she still knows how to handle herself.
Speaker 5: I was a little her first into Bisious spoke up and it was like, Nah, it's you know, it's a lot of people try to fuck you, but I don't think Maddie's one of those people or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I think, you know, he's going to be.
Speaker 5: The saving grades for Maddie and her business acumen or whatever.
Speaker 3: So I think she's good on that side.
Speaker 5: I can't I can't imagine that being an issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I still I still like the Maddie storyline.
Speaker 5: I think she's still still a strong character and they didn't stay on her too long, but I think next episode they're gonna definitely be on her, but not for It's like what she's doing with the girls and stuff like, yeah, she's doing her thing, man, she's doing what she does, and yeah, I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: They Do you think Maddie's catching on to what's going on at the club based off of her saying like, can you at least give him one day off?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think she's picking up what Rule was putting down, and I, well, I think she thinks she has it together. I'm starting to get worried for Maddie. So I'm starting to get a little concerned because we now know that Alamo don't really he don't really mess with women at all. That's why he's in the business that he's in. So I think that backstory kind of identified that Maddie's in trouble girl. Mm hmm. This ain't gonna go well for her. She needed to get out while she can.
Speaker 2: Mike, you agree.
Speaker 6: One hundred percent, And that was why I, uh, not to call you out, Spike. But that's why I kind of disagree with Spike when it came to the importance of the story with Alamo.
Speaker 2: I think we could have maybe.
Speaker 6: Just assumed, oh, he just doesn't fuck with women, but I think his reasoning for why he doesn't trust women I think is what's gonna make his relationship with Maddie very interesting. But what I'm more interested in is how this new job that Cassie is going for, how that's gonna affect their relationship with Maddie, Like, is Maddie just gonna beat her ass?
Speaker 2: Is Maddie gonna sue her? Like?
Speaker 6: What is gonna happen there? But with Maddie and Alamo, I am.
Speaker 2: Concerned for Maddie.
Speaker 6: I don't think anything super bad is gonna happen to her because I feel like she would probably try to bounce before that got that bad.
Speaker 2: But you never know, they might throw a.
Speaker 1: Twist in there, Lou, You think Maddi can get up out of there before she gets real.
Speaker 2: Not unscathed, like she may not be like fatally hurt, but something's definitely gonna happen to her. And I base it off with Mike and Ny said that backstory meant something may not have done the thing for me, but it also gave context to this ain't a partnership. Like I said last week, this him looking at her like I'm gonna get over on you before you get over on me, and whatever have to happen from that, is gonna happen because I just don't trust nobody, So that having that context added and is we I did appreciate that, and it did make me look at this differently, like y'all said, And no, she will not get out on skates, because Maddie's always get put in these positions since we've been in this euphoria world. Is like she sometimes she biites off a little bit more than she can chew, and I think this is gonna be one of those situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Maddie's in the most interesting position because as much as we can focus on Rude being a snitch and like that can be tense, Like what Maddie's doing is really tense because it's it's it's kind of like an Alice in Wonderland. She's going down this rabbit hole and she doesn't really know what's around the corner, but it's still very intriguing to her. And because it puts her in a boss like position, because she's always really pretty much been one of the bit of boss since Like Things season two when she was working for that rich lady. So I like that she is like being able to scratch that itch when it comes to like what is it like to, you know, run my business and just make money in very unique ways?
Speaker 2: However, like.
Speaker 1: She's also smart too, So that's the reason why I'm very interested in her character arc this season, because Rue was telling like out of everybody, Rule was constantly telling her warnings, the fact that she heard Alamo talk about her in a way like I don't even see you as Maddie.
Speaker 2: I see you just as a person who can help make me money.
Speaker 1: And once you once we stop agreeing on that, you're told like you're gonna be put in the same basket as everybody else. But Bishop had to be the one to step in and says, like, listen now to everybody that you think is going to screw you over, I think you need to look elsewhere with this. To me, it's just like if Bishop, everybody is backing you up, like it's like you that.
Speaker 2: Tells you that you may be in the wrong room where a nigga can snap.
Speaker 1: So I'm hoping that she's picking up on these cues before it's too late, because I do think her character is smart. But like Mike says, she may not even be able to get to that chance because there's certain circumstances that are out of her control, like where we get to with Cassie. Cassie last episode was making a lot of money, she rolls her platform and everything, and now we see her in this new acting role, in this new acting industry, and too even though it's upsetting Lexi, she's actually kind of making it work. Mike, what you since you brought it up, what were your thoughts on Cassie this episode and the decisions she made.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's still Fucksinny Sweeney till the day I die. But I think she did a good job in this episode. I think showing the desperation but also showing the kind of like weird misplaced confidence that she had.
Speaker 2: In this episode, I thought all this was really good.
Speaker 6: I thought her scene where she was trying to cover up the fact that she does do sex work and Lexi was, you know, over here being a hater the whole time, and I thought that whole back and forth was I thought that back and forth was really good because I think it especially shows like because that's not typical Lexi. You know, Lexi, he is judgmental, but she's not typically that vocal, which is why the play was such a weird situation. But I think her sitting there being like, nah, you do sex work? Oh no, she gives I didn't know what uh what?
Speaker 2: You never heard that either, Nick.
Speaker 6: I'd seen those those those letters, but I didn't know that's what it meant. I thought it was just a weird Spike, the only one that knew. But I thought it was like a weird thing for like just joy. Like it was like, oh, this is joy. So anyway, it doesn't matter at any rate. I found this whole scene to be really interesting. What wait, I'm the only one that didn't know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm laughing at the joy. Mike, don't worry about what was doing. You could tell you knew what ja o I was by his hat. So that's how you need to know. I would you, because I know what the hell it.
Speaker 2: Was talking about.
Speaker 1: But but before I move on to someone else, I do want to say. I do want to say Lexi challenging Cassie. To me, I looked at as more as a sister thing than just like a oh Lexi's speaking up. She's speaking out because Lexi always got something to say about her sister. So I just felt like she if it was anybody else, she would have kind of probably been more quiet, but because of somebody that.
Speaker 2: She's known, she knows through and through. She called her a narcissist.
Speaker 1: I think last episode, like I think she was just like, I'm not gonna have you bullshit in front of people.
Speaker 2: That I work for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree. I think she doesn't want Cassie sucking up her job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we see that. That's interesting that y'all say that, because I think that her other two friends put her in the jeopardy of messing up her job and she didn't have this type of energy. I think there's a jealousy there with her sister in the sense that you always get everything so easy, Like I'm working hard at this and trying this, and you just come in and you do this little thing where you cry in the audition and you raise Shakespeare and now they're acting like they're going to give you a full part. I feel like it was a lot of jealousy there because she didn't have this energy. As y'all said, she didn't have the energy with Maddie. Maddie was saying and jewles because Maddie forced the audition and jeweles painted the picture and she gave little to no pushback on them for putting her job in jeopardy. But here, your sister is about to get the opportunity, and you got every objection in the world. So I really thought that was interesting and a jealous thing for her, sort of to what you said, Mike, why she wrote the play. The whole play I feel like was rooted in jealousy as well, and it comes up when her sisters at play because she feels like she got it easy.
Speaker 6: That's a really, really good point, Spike. I didn't even think about the jealousy angle. Do you think that maybe she's just tired because it's been Jules messed her up, Maddie mess and now is Cassie. Do you think she's just like, all right, this is it, like I'm sick of this shit? Or do you think is really just based on the fact that this is my sister.
Speaker 2: I think it's rooted in jealousy, but I also think she's fed up as well. Like you said, I didn't say anything to Maddie. I didn't say anything to anyone else. And now you're right here, No, no, I'm fed up. I'm protecting my job.
Speaker 4: God living in her sister's shadow, and now it's like she finally got her own thing, and her sister's encroaching on the one thing that she's kind of finally got. So I completely it was hate. It absolutely was her hating. But I feel like, rightfully so she wants her own thing.
Speaker 1: Mm Rod to that point, the producer or one of the executive producers, I feel like she's really been taking Lexi under her wing in of some sort of course. She's been very stern with her in some aspects when she messed up, but like she was like, because this is your sister and you gave her this opportunity that we're kind of moving forward with, why don't you write her part?
Speaker 2: You know, say, act like you deserve it type thing? Where do you think?
Speaker 1: And then we obviously we hear the conversation she has with her friend about the what do you think that Lexi is going to do with her sister moving forward? Because if we're going off that jealousy, hang, I don't know if you'll agree with that.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean I think just to go back to the one point, I think like Sharon Stone is the character I believe right she she obviously sees something in there because she would have fired her after.
Speaker 3: The whole painting thing or whatever, but she still kept her on.
Speaker 5: As far as on what I think Lexi would do with the character, as far as killing her off, she may try, but I think Sharan Stone is gonna keep pushing for her to be, you know, the start, one of the stars of the show, or she might she made.
Speaker 3: She may just be like, you know, well, this is my calling, this is my sister, and we're just gonna see it through.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know, I don't know. I don't know exactly where they're gonna go with this, but I think the main part is the the fact that she's she's moving from only fans to this.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's the main part that they're trying to tell with this, this particular part. But I do find it interesting that.
Speaker 5: We got all of this stuff with Cassie, uh with Cassie up until this point, and it's almost trying to go into the narrative that she's been trying to say in real life as far as trying to trying to get you know, get get more from the douctive side to just being a serious actor. So I wonder I'm wondering if they're gonna if they did all of that stuff in the beginning just to kind of clean her up towards the end, kind of like, what's like what she's trying to do in real life with her What I'm saying, Yeah, I think there trying to write that story in this in this show.
Speaker 10: I mean, but that it might.
Speaker 3: Be that might be what they're doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, we we brought that up before. Oh go ahead, name well I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna say that, or I feel like Lexi isn't going to become a situation where Lexi too manipulates because she knows who Cassie is and she can write to Cassie's strengths, which is sexuality. So do we find Lexi in a situation where she's ultimately doing the same thing that Maddie and Nate and everyone else has been doing, which is capitalizing off of using Maddie or Cassie as a sexual object on her TV show.
Speaker 3: Could be?
Speaker 5: Could be, But I think there's going to be some struggle there because maybe Cassie be like, well, no, I don't want to do that. I could have did this doing only fans. I want to be taken as a serious actress. That whole dialogue.
Speaker 2: I hope this ain't predictable as I think it may be. But what I think may happen is that she's so good at her job as far as writing. We've seen from the play. She's going to try to write something to the little or embarrass her sister, and it's going to backfire. It's gonna go really well, and she's going to turn into a big star. Like I think that maybe where it heads sait this and then that's where Nate gets the money from, because now she his wife, is a successful star. I think I would prefer to just killed him. But I do think that Cassie's gonna write a really good story. She's gonna have a really good story written for her, and her sister's gonna be writing it out of spite, and she's going to do it so well and everybody's gonna love it, and then she's going to become like this start that she wants to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just want to I agree with Spike. I do think that that's gonna be a really interesting angle.
Speaker 2: I do want to.
Speaker 6: Take the rare opportunity to back rod up. I agree with him one hundred percent. We we brought that up maybe two episodes back when they were doing the interview cycle with Cassie, and she was like when they.
Speaker 2: Asked her she does, She's like, I'm not an our word or whatever.
Speaker 6: I definitely think that Sam Levinson was was taking cues from what she's going through in real life. So I do think, in my opinion, that Rod is onto something because this just seems too much of a parallel. It's cheesy, Nay, I agree with you. It's cheesy, it's corny, and it's kind of beneath him as far as writing goes. But I do think that that's what they're doing. They're taking the opportunity to kind of mimic real life when it comes to her, and I don't think it's great. I think it's bad for her character and I don't think it makes her look good, But I do think that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Well, before she deleted her OnlyFans account, she tried to call Nate to see if she can get advice on what she should do moving forward, because she's obviously leaning more towards her acting career or promising acting career.
Speaker 7: But Nate, he was busy, little he was busy fucking up somebody petunias and shit, and then he can chase again by the rush whatever.
Speaker 2: Gangster that's been chasing him down.
Speaker 1: Bro, I honestly him shocked again two episodes away from the finale, and all Nate has done is just been running around like he's It's Tom and Jerry, you know what I'm saying, Like he's an Academy Award nominated actor like man.
Speaker 2: Bro, they would have been better off if they did like the old days and just put him in a coma in episode one, and he just was like something happened to him with attractor roll over him and he had been in a coma foot until whenever they decide to do something with his character. Because this right here is bullshit, like it ain't even like you don't even have a reaction as a viewer anymore when you see the gangster dude coming up to him, like, Bro, this didn't happen. We've seen this, like we understand the scenario. Please give us a solution to it. We're tired of looking at this as viewers. And that's the only thing that when they pops up on the scene with that guy that I see now it's like this is.
Speaker 3: Not interesting again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, OK, he's got to get his ass with So No.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised they haven't killed him yet because why not. Yeah, That's what I'm saying, Like, why are they even playing.
Speaker 2: Around with him? They're saving that. I think Cassie gonna say.
Speaker 6: Now, Nate gonna die. Nate doesn't want to be on this show. No more like you said, he's an Academy Award winning actor. He does not want to do this fucking schlop. You gotta think, like, outside of Rue Well and the guy that plays Alamo, but the best actors are the most recognized ones on this show. They're relegating to like really bad side characters. Like what they're doing with Nate is weirdest shit. What they're doing with Jules is weirdest shit. It doesn't make any sense. If I had to guess, I think that these actors don't want to do this. So they're like, look, i'll give you twenty percent of what I would normally do. That's all I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna go fill Frankenstein. Okay, I can give you an hour. So that's what they did with the character. There's no other explanation I can think of. Why else would you do this to such a great actor.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That's a good point. I think we brought you.
Speaker 5: I mean, you might have brought that a point of like earlier on and I was just like, well, you know this, they got their start here, so.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know, why wouldn't they help about blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: But it does feel like that these are these are two of the biggest stars outside of Zada on the show, and it's just like, Yo, why are you writing writing him this way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's it's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Because you think he's jealous.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's jealous or what, but I think you're I think it's leaning more so of leaning on like what you were saying. They're just not enthusiastic about the show anymore, you know what I mean, Like like especially being where they are in Hollywood at this at this moment, and so yeah, they're just giving.
Speaker 3: Like like not.
Speaker 5: Not much percentage when it comes to these roles, and he just taking what he can get. He's just taking what he can get because I haven't been interested in neither one of these characters Jews or I thought Jews is gonna be like on some crazy shit.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: When we said that, they say her, you know what I'm saying, it's gonna be crazy when she gets on screen. Hell no, I'm not feeling any of that with her.
Speaker 2: Really, No, you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't give a fuck about because I know Mike brought up the Jews this episode, or at least her character art this episode.
Speaker 2: You didn't find that intriguing at all.
Speaker 4: I think there is the potential for something intriguing, it's just and that's why I feel like this episode was so incomplete. Like I feel like they are challenging Jewels in a way that could be interesting, like with her identity when it comes to her art, and her identity when it comes to her relationship with this guy, and what life could look for her as a trans woman. And I think they have the POTENTI Chill to do some really good stuff, but it's just not fleshed out and they're not doing it. And they're just showing her in this apartment like let me see some more fashion or something like give me something. I don't want to see her in a t shirt, slopping around painting. That's it, like, give me aund It's yeah, It's just like I feel like they have the ability and and I've seen with her and Rue was really good without saying a whole lot, but I still want more about Jewels. Jewels was such a strong character and the stuff that she's been going through has been so complex for her to be so stagnant, it's weird.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: You didn't find the fact that she put hands on Ruth to be like, wow, her real life.
Speaker 10: The campus, the campus did a better fellow, her a better job.
Speaker 2: That's terrible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, for that, it was funny.
Speaker 3: Let for a minute, it was funny.
Speaker 4: Really hit me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're know this. Basically, I think she was a little shocked, really get hit her.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen nobody shot getting hit like that since Taraji was shocked Tyree hit her baby boy.
Speaker 2: That was yeah.
Speaker 1: But my my thing with this is I did like that scene because it was like, it seems like, you know how always talking about the hierarchy of yelling at someone, like someone my boss was at me, I yelled at my employee, that kind of thing. I felt like Jules was doing that because she got this last episode by her guy, and now she's putting that anger and frustration and honestly, honestly anxiety onto rue with that hit, Cause it's like everything ru was saying was real.
Speaker 2: Talk like he like, what do you what do you own? What do you claim? What do you have?
Speaker 3: What do you like?
Speaker 1: You're doing all these things for somebody else who could take it all the way?
Speaker 2: He only he don't care about you. He's just trying to fuck you.
Speaker 1: I thought that was interesting, But I also feel like, at the same time, Mike, let me know if I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: They keep having the same conversation.
Speaker 1: They can have the same conversation for like the last three four episodes, like do you want me? Do it like if you want me to show me? Or if you don't want me, then why.
Speaker 2: Are you here? Type ship? It's like do they not have more to talk about?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think she's just trying to give They don't because they haven't moved.
Speaker 1: Mike, I'm sorry, just don't care.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just got to accept I ain't know you said, Mike, my bad the question though, where did you ask?
Speaker 1: I was saying, like, I feel like they're having the same conversation over and over in a different way, but it's the same one.
Speaker 6: It's like, yes, yes, yes, So you said, do they have anything else talk about?
Speaker 2: The answer is absolutely not.
Speaker 6: And I think that's the problem that I have with the writing, especially with this season, of what they've been doing with Jewels. They're relegating Jewels to a side character that is only there to benefit Rue.
Speaker 2: That entire scene that happened.
Speaker 6: This episode, it was only so they could show how good of an actor ru is when she gets in the elevator and she's crying, because.
Speaker 2: It did not even seem like something that Jewels would do.
Speaker 6: I can see, I can see Jewels getting upset, and I can see Jewels getting hurt. I cannot see Jewles smacking the shit out of Rule like that and then saying, get the fuck out of my painting. That seemed that seemed like Nate. That seemed like a Nate line. That didn't seem like Jewles. Now, it didn't seem so out of character for Jewels where I was like, this is bad writing. The way I'm looking at Nate, it just seemed like You're gonna have to give me more of what this is.
Speaker 2: How leave well not even necessarily Nick, how we got here.
Speaker 6: There has to be a big payoff for this because I'm already of the opinion that ru is gonna die by the end of this season. So whether it's by Od or whether it's going to be one of them kills her, this scene has to lead to something that leads to that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like if she Od's at the end, because we all know that she looks at Jewels like jewels is you know, her version of whatever drug she was on. I forget what it was, heroin, whatever drug she was on, is that's how she looks at jewels. So for Jewels to completely abandon her like this and put hands on her, this has to be something big for her. And I don't mean like I'm gonna go find God. If that's all this is, then fuck this show. If this ends with, oh, Jewles just found Jesus. Now she's going to church, get the fuck out of here, Sam Levinson, fuck you. This has to lead to something a lot bigger, nothing bigger.
Speaker 2: Than my Jesus. Are you all about to say that?
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: That's right, Mike, Did you mean jewels or you mean Rude finding God.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I meant to say thank you. I meant to say Rude finding God. Yeah, Jews bet not find God. That would be weird.
Speaker 2: And ship.
Speaker 6: What you think about the same, Lou.
Speaker 2: I think the conversation has been had several times. I agree with you. However, I think they keep having it because they haven't come to a resolution. Like she's she's she's trying to push Rue to a place where Rue will commit to her. I feel like, and she's staying with this guy and doing this thing because that's the best for her right now. I think when they're having this conversation, he's doing the pain, and she's telling Ru about the things that she wants. She's even the door open for Ruder to be like, well, I can do or want to do those things, So I try to do those things with you. And Rue never steps up and does it, even when the conversation that had last time and she was asking her do you want to come to the shower with me? And she's trying to push Rude to be more aggressive, to be more directing what she wants from her, and their relationship is just in this stagnant point, and I think that's why they keep having this conversation. And I do think that Jeules would smack her in this situation because I feel like this maybe the end of it. This felt like a real final conversation, And no, she normally wouldn't do this. I agree with you might get her character. However, I did feel like when this, I'm not sure we see Jewels again, like if we only got two episodes she said, we only got two episodes less, and this is her final stand. Then the smack makes sense kind of because she's finally tired of Ruth's sitting and she's going to accept the life that she's been given.
Speaker 6: Do you think she really wants Rude to do that? Because Ruth was offering to do that this episode. I think she's playing with it. Oh really, I read it. I read it differently. I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I took it that. Yes, she's been pushing Rue for all two three seasons to be open about how she felt, and I think Ruth finally did. Like Ruth said, she saw a life with her. She pretty much asked the girl to marry her, and I think Jewles has to accept that, like you're an addict? Am I actually going to be able to have a life with you, which has always been her issue with Ruth. So I personally feel like this was her saying like, I can't have a life with you. I'm stuck up with this in this penthouse, with this crazy man, with this whole family. I'm like, I feel like Jewles is stuck and she can't get what she wants from any of these situations. Hence while she slapped her out of frustration. So I agree that I think that this is kind of going to be the last we see of Jewels until something climactic happens, because she can't really have the life she wants with Rue. Is she can't make a life out of what she's.
Speaker 2: Doing, So I gotta ask.
Speaker 6: So, okay, so for you and Spike, So they said that Jewless or Rue has been cleaned for a while and Rue is now presenting what y'all seem to think Jules has wanted, So why isn't Jules even remotely entertaining it? She laughed at her, and Ruth seemed very serious about like I want a life with you. I can make this work, and Jeules just like, really with me, Like why is she dismissive of it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would have sorry name real quick.
Speaker 1: I feel like the things that Ruth said of why she wants to have that life, to me weren't compelling enough to be like, Okay, this means that you're serious.
Speaker 2: This means that you're ready to handle it, because I.
Speaker 1: Think Jules was questioned like a you're asking for things that like are you sure this is what you want? And Rus just like, I just need something that's bigger than me because right now I feel very selfish. I'll be making a lot of decisions just based off myself. And if I have a kid or i've had this people depend on me, then I can like level up. And I think Jewles was like that sounds like bullshit. I don't know did you get that from that or was it something else?
Speaker 4: I think that sounds like bullshit. And then we also have to remember the last time we remember them together, like the way that Jewles just went off on her and when she was in her spiral. So I need the impression that they really hadn't dealt with each other much since then. So to me, if I was Jules, I really don't believe anything you say because the last time you got in my face and told me I was dead to you and I saw you at your worst, and I don't know if I can deal with that.
Speaker 2: I guess I feel what y'all are saying.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, I think there's nothing worse than when someone asks you for something over and over and over again, and then when you finally give in to give it to them, they're like, I don't want it no more. That's my first issue with Jules. My second issue with Jules is I feel like, and me included, I feel like a lot of us forget that before even though Rue didn't really know the extent of the relationship. Jeweles did cheat on Rue the last season, and I do think that Rue figured it out when she was going off on her. So it's not like Jules has been the best girlfriend or the best partner. So it just seems odd that in this season she's finally she being rude, is finally just like, look, I want to commit to you, and then Jules laughs about it. It just seems like Jules is playing with her, just playing with her and knowing that she can string her along.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: There is that side, but I also feel like, as the audiences we know a lot. If Jules knew what we knew, she would still be laughing because Rul can't even be a She can't even commit to being a snitch.
Speaker 7: Like so she told about you want to commit to me, like do one of these jobs good?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 2: Are you a drug dealer? Are you a stitch?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you a Christian? He's just trying to get by man.
Speaker 1: But but I'm just saying, like, like the things that we're seeing from Ru is asking like, be careful what you asked for a lot with Ruby because it's like you asking for this, but you can't even juggle the ship that you got yet you want to invite Jules into Like imagine if Jules said, yes, I'll be a part of you. Then Rue tells everything she's into and she's like, hey, nah, you should have told me this.
Speaker 2: Left can't judge.
Speaker 6: She's in a situation much worse.
Speaker 2: But she in the penthouse crime Like she ain't cleaning pig.
Speaker 6: She wouldn't have wrapped up like a chiloopa nick. She can't say anything to Rue about what's going on with her.
Speaker 1: She well, at least she ain't watching some six foot nigga wearing a five nine Nigga pants making some five.
Speaker 2: Like were playing her Olympics right now. It's like they don't.
Speaker 1: If anything, they should have proved that because again we're the audience, so we know everything.
Speaker 2: But they shouldn't be together. No, they shouldn't. They shouldn't, they shouldn't, which is.
Speaker 1: Why I get like, I guess for me, it's just like having this question asked over and over again.
Speaker 2: It's like, haven't y'all figured out that it's a no?
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hmm, But I guess. I think we'll still see jewels between these next episode. I think she's too she's too much of a character to to me, especially because we don't know how Cousin is gonna act. Because I think there's another scene with Ellis, the guy that her sugar daddy. I feel like there's one more scene with them that could be a tipping point that will leave us on a cliffhanger. But shut up, Like, but before we wrap up, Uh.
Speaker 2: This was all this a ride.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he was a rider in the room, but this was heavy on Jesus talk Christian.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Bibles, there's a lot of Bible.
Speaker 1: References, and it's like she was in the she was in the church by herself, but that was one of the best cinematography like scenes.
Speaker 2: I think how they shot that. And then she literally see a burning bush. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: I looked over the nare like was that a burning bush?
Speaker 3: But but no, I like that.
Speaker 5: I think they killed that the whole like church scene and stuff especially, like you know, just you start to think like is it gonna be another first moment?
Speaker 3: Then we end up seeing her at the end. I thought that was really dope.
Speaker 5: So that was that was a major surprise, but I didn't think she was still a part of the show. So so nah, man, they did a really good job and that and and this this scene, man is where I was like, man, you know, how.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that get so good? Like when did this happen?
Speaker 5: Like like she is really really talented and in this to be able to execute a scene like that because they uh, because I did see behind the scenes they say they weren't talking.
Speaker 3: To each other in that moment or whatever. So she was just.
Speaker 5: Straight like kind of improvab not not improv but like the straight just kind of going through the dialogue right there or whatever. So yeah, man, that that man, she killed that.
Speaker 6: Wait, sorry, Rob, what scene you talking about? Who wasn't talking to each other and.
Speaker 5: In the in the in the in the in the cathedral or whatever talking. Yeah, yeah, that wasn't an actual conversation that they were having amongst each other.
Speaker 3: They just was reading reading dialogue. And for her to have that much emotion with nobody on the other end of the phone was was amazing.
Speaker 9: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: When were your thoughts on on the heavy religious theme of this episode name.
Speaker 4: I think that it makes sense for somebody, during somebody's like a like like sobriety story to get to a point where you need some sort of like redemption resolved, like to be absolved of the sense of the things that you feel like you've done wrong, and to look to religion for that or just to cling to something to make sense of everything that you're going through. So I think that from from the perspective and the character of Rule, it makes sense for her to be at this point in her journey where she's looking for something deeper. And I think that the way that they did it today is today is like she needed how Oscar moment, she got it like this scene like or in me whatever the award is but like the scenes that they gave her in this episode in particular, and even just like the way she walked surround is rude. When she's like with with Alimo Brown and them, like she just looks like a completely different person then she and then she does in person and any other characters, like she really embodies this and seeing the pain and like she she it was. It was it was visually, it was beautiful. What she was talking about was beautiful. The way she performed it was beautiful. I thought it was really good. They could have did without the burning bush. For me, it was a little bit too on the nose. I that I don't I don't know where they was going with that. So as much as I like that scene, I was kind.
Speaker 2: Of like, too much.
Speaker 4: What has gotta be that dramatic?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yo, you had the same thoughts. Loo No, I liked. I liked the cathedral scene with her mom. I would have preferred that they cut some fat somewhere else and we saw the interaction between her mom and the bodyguard. Dude. I thought there would have been some real good TV. But she just I know she's not in the cast scene for this season, but I thought that would have been good either before the call, after the call, they had just panned over to them a few short words. I think that goes a long way for us to viewers and be like, damn, what happened there? We're even giving us some of the dialogue from me, and I thought that would have been really cool. But I do agree with y'all. She was in there was a body in it. From an acting standpoint, in that system, the last scene from a religious standpoint, the cathedral on the phone worked. That was great, But the last scene in the burning bush, I didn't. I didn't like it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, and Mike, I know you probably agree with this, but Zendaya's probably again having a phenomenal year as an actor, and I think this show she's if she's not carrying this show, she's at least doing that.
Speaker 2: Hell Like like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't see how we're even able to have conversations about other side characters and all that, because it's like they're not even matching anything that today they like you talked about having other people are just given twenty percent? Why can you explain any wise? And Day is given one hundred and ten for this show.
Speaker 2: I don't think she can't help it exactly. I think she she can't help it. Yep, like she's in her bag and everything that she's been doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with's like a hundred. Well just on that aspect of, yeah, she can't help, but be this good. I don't even think she has to try at this point.
Speaker 2: She's just that good. Uh.
Speaker 6: As far as the thing with Bishop, I don't know that I needed that because I don't know if I believe Bishop. I believe that he knows. I believe Bishop knows who her mother is. I believe Bishop knows the name of her mother and where her mother lives. I don't know if Bishop actually already visited her. I don't know, because there's not there's not really a reason for him to have done that yet. But I could see why he would threaten it, so I know she go ahead's money.
Speaker 2: I think that he did just from the snake story. I thought the snake story was relevant to him going to see her mom. It's like, I don't know what's going on. Like I think he's telling me, I don't know what's going on with you. But we are doing the research. We're making sure that everything checks out, and you're thinking that you may be sliding by, but eventually you're gonna get eight, like the snake story that he told. So I think him saying I went to go see your mom and them having a conversation because her mom wasn't talking to her, like say, they hadn't had a conversation. She didn't even think that was her calling. She thought it was the cops, which I'm sure you know I have to repeat that. However, even her mom calling her out of the blue and her happening to be in the church, I thought all of that was really good, and I think seeing what that sparked from would have been good for us as viewers, because her mom's not talking to her, and I think that Bishop visit what sparked the mom to be like, well, this random weird guy, come tell me my daughter is doing okay. And just seeing her mom's reaction and how she worried about Rue, knowing that she hasn't talked to her, that would have been really compelling for me.
Speaker 6: So the first thing is, I guess I believe you one hundred per I guess I don't remember that the mother called Rue. For some reason, I that Rue called the mother. But I'm sure you're right. I'm sure you're right. But I feel like if this weird dude, knowing what Rue has been up to in the past, if this weird dude came to her house and was just like, yeah, I just want to let you know that your daughter's okay, I feel like she would have said, like, Yo, this guy came by the house and was talking about you.
Speaker 2: I feel like she would have said that.
Speaker 6: Now we can understand also that the actress, I forget her name, Nina, I forget her last name. She's amazing too, but she wanted nothing to do with this. From what I can tell, I don't think that they had the opportunity or even the option to make this a longer scene.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, man.
Speaker 6: I just I feel like Bishop thinks that she's a rat, which is why he did the whole rat and the snake story. But I just don't know if he's telling the truth that I went and visited your mother and we had a conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He can do that without rebelling that he has any association or rule said one more time.
Speaker 3: He can do that without rebaling that he has any association or R do what just go tear or visit. He could come up as like a like a Jehovah's witches.
Speaker 6: No, he said, he said he told her that he was okay, he were doing well.
Speaker 2: Right. Oh I missed that part because I do agree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he could have just popped by and just been like, hey, I just wanted to give you this pamphlet and then leave or whatever. But that's not what he did. That's not what he said he did. At least that's what I'm saying. I don't know if I believe his story all the way.
Speaker 2: I think that's what would have been so compelling about that, saying her just being completely confused because of what you said, Like, I know my child, I know the stuff that she gets into when you got this weird dude here telling me that she's doing okay, let me call her. I ain't talk to her when been in communication. Yeah, I'm concerned. And I could also see him relating to messages and you don't have to tell her I stopped by and her thinking and in danger if she does do it. I thought that I think that would have been really compelling TV.
Speaker 4: So I feel like this is another reason why I don't like this whole rat storyline, because you're doing all of these different things in your head that kind of makes the story better than it actually is. But what I will say is that remember, Rue has the cops in her phone as mom, and before they buried her, they took her phone. So that's why I thought put the two together that his mother, her mother called her, and Bishop was behind it in some kind of way to figure out if that number that's in her phone as mom is actually her mom.
Speaker 1: You think that Ruth deleted deleted that number because like remember because uh, this episode also has the cops not only watching the meet up between Laurie and Alamo, but Rue obviously recorded that conversation as well, so that they got it, they understand what the plan is. Do you think when they were under the bridge that night that Rude got rid of the number and just kept her mom's number, or she still had the boy's number even though the boys said, like you were doing for now.
Speaker 4: Before they met she met the cops under the bridge, some number was mom that was actually the cops was before. If she did delete it, they would have had it before that.
Speaker 2: God. Even when she answered she said that I thought this was someone else, so she still.
Speaker 1: Got the phone, so you think that also, so you'll think that Bishop knows for a fact she's a round.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that, but she has the number on her phone because when she answered, she said, I thought you were someone else, and the mom earlier had mom won beside it, this one just said mom. Also, I thought that cops scene was interesting in the sense of they never gave her a real answer, and usually when you a confidentional in form it, that's not how it goes. You don't get to tell and the case over when you leave. Now they have leverage on you and they start using you for other cases. So I think it's interesting that they were very vague and when she was like, oh, it's over, and they were like, well, we'll let you know, Like something else is going to come from that. In my opinion, I thought that was.
Speaker 5: To your point though, like how they when they say we'll let you know, when you said that, yeah, you're always going to be a slash.
Speaker 3: They can always come back. Yeah, Yeah, that's how I took that.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too. Okay, so we want to say, but yeah, they ain't letting her go.
Speaker 6: Did we talk about the I know a couple of folks did. Did everybody already talk about the burning bush thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, seem like yeah, I was the only one that didn't everybody. Yeah, I didn't know. I didn't talk.
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't talk on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, go ahead, Ron, I'll go after you.
Speaker 3: I know they said it was a little bit on the nose, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't know if I thought it was too much of the nose because I don't know if they were saying it in the sense of the burning bush and the the uh, the reasoning behind it, because I felt like it was more so it's a sign, like it was almost like a sign for her, like okay, am I actually on the right path of doing all this stuff? Like I don't know, like like it just it does leave it up for question, like whether whether she's on the right path or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like this scene. I thought it was cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously we're not supposed to I know none of y'all are saying this, but obviously we're not supposed to think that this is reality that you know, she really fell out the car and there was a burning bush. But I think for someone like Rue that's always looking for something. You know, she went to Jules because she thought Jewels was a something.
Speaker 2: Jewles pimps laughter. She left, and now she's still looking for this thing.
Speaker 6: And she's been talking about Jesus since the first episode. So I think her falling out of the car and then just seeing this sign that tells her that she has.
Speaker 2: Some sort of bigger purpose. I just don't know what that bigger purpose is.
Speaker 6: And that's the reason I do kind of agree with Rob that it wasn't too on the nose, because if we look up the story of what the burning bush was, what are they going to do with that here? You know, like, is she going to be the leader for one of these groups? Is she going to be the you know, the common denominator between Alamo and Laurie. Is she going to be the one that gets them to stop fighting. I don't know what this whole burning bush thing even means in respect to this show. So the way it ended, I actually felt really intrigued, like more intrigued.
Speaker 2: Than I felt with Euphoria in a long time.
Speaker 6: So I'm really curious to see where they go with this because I thought her almost dying by getting hit with the car pulling off and then seeing that, I was like, oh, I'll fuck with this. I thought it was good. Yeah, I mean I still fuck with the show.
Speaker 1: I just thought that, like, all right, we already had her in church and had it, you know, we finally got to see her mama for the first time in a long time. That that was enough for me. So anything on top of that was just like, Okay, this is just to drive.
Speaker 2: The point home.
Speaker 1: But I do believe that there will be some awakening for Rue by the time we get to the end of the season. I just don't know if it will be the thing that she's again what she's really asking for. Like I think she's she's looking for something to give her purpose in a positive direction, but clearly she's been doing a lot of negative shit. And I think she also mentioned in this episode she was like, it's hard to think about progressing when you keep reflecting on all the bad you've done, you know, And I feel like that was something of a cute I was gonna let us know, like, Okay, this is still going to be a big struggle for her.
Speaker 6: But you have to also remember that that scene directly followed or maybe not directly follow but it came after the cops telling her she did a good job, and then she said, like no one ever tells me that, like no one ever compliments Rue.
Speaker 2: Rue is a perpetual fuck up.
Speaker 6: So I thought it was interesting that she is looking for some kind of positive sign, but it followed right after the cops telling her she did a really good job.
Speaker 2: You really think she going die this season?
Speaker 6: Yes, I think I think she's gonna die at the end of the season, and either they're gonna pick the story up with someone else or they're just gonna end the show. But they it seems like what they're doing right now doesn't doesn't lead to a third wait, fifth or fifth. Fourth season doesn't lead to a fourth season. It just doesn't make any sense. I think Root needs to die, Roo needs to die, Nate needs to die, The show needs to die.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if I'm.
Speaker 11: Where else they can go the way they're going with this show, they're gonna have her down across somehow, somewhere. It's gonna be needles in her arm, not nails.
Speaker 2: Mike had a burning bush on the four oh five.
Speaker 1: Randomly, it wasn't no lightning, no nothing, something gonna happen. Well, it sounds like we're all still intrigued with the upcoming y'all know my favorite word, penultimate episode of the season.
Speaker 2: Uh next week. I think.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to I'm willing to go on a limb and say that they're going to stick some kind of landing here. I think they got a lot of ship that's up in the air. I understand it's going against them, and we all know about the vacccine production hell that they've gone through to make this season, but I feel like with everything we just talked about, it has to end on like some type of crazy Oh my goodness, Like I can't wait for the next season if there is one.
Speaker 2: No, I think they'll make it safe.
Speaker 6: They know that there might not be another season, so they're gonna make it to where the story is fairly wrapped up, but they could potentially stretch it out if they if they can.
Speaker 9: Uh, oh.
Speaker 2: To gods.
Speaker 12: Today, I just got a quick question for y'all, Like Lavers put out a song like this week and they like still fits the theme over before it has the music still been taking all out because when you.
Speaker 1: Released that song, it made it even more evident for me this like this episode.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I don't like the music and I don't like this cowboy western thing that they're doing, and they land they stuck with really heavy, like drawing out a lot of I don't, I don't. I'm not feeling that I don't like western, So that wasn't that wasn't doing it for me, and then kind of fits that theme and I'm not here for it that to.
Speaker 2: Your point, like they haven't made it.
Speaker 1: I know they're in California and they're they're showing the greater California area as opposed to the first two seasons where it was like city life suburban life. But like even when they started this episode with Alamo, it was heavy cowboy.
Speaker 2: Influences and all the other shit. I was like, come on, bro, we getting They said that in the beginning of the season it was supposed to be spaghetti western heavily influenced, and that's it's not working. And to your points, you had to know the song, like the songs were part of it, and I know we said this, that was part of the experience of watching this show, just like it is with Insecure, and they just completely stripped it down of that and you can totally tell.
Speaker 1: But it's crazy because Hans Zimmer is supposed to be doing the score or the music for the Saint. Yeah, and like that motherfucker got like twenty Academy Awards, like yeah, like not real, but I guess like you getting a sixty plus year old white man to score a millennial show like.
Speaker 2: Choice, if y'all get a change.
Speaker 12: I got that new Labor song because it is Western, but it does sound more like you for you, like you just listening just like this would.
Speaker 2: Actually I think you did it on purpose.
Speaker 3: He released it just.
Speaker 2: To be like, this is the idea I had and he just couldn't. Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What y'all could have had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 6: La Labor. I'm not interested in digging into their beef. It's just like at this point, I just don't care. We're not getting Labyrinth songs in the show anymore. So it's just like, but I do think they them picking Hans Zimmer, They've probably thought by name it would make sense, but it's not making sense.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: The Labyrinth is dope though. Any other thoughts on this episode.
Speaker 3: No, really not for me, damn.
Speaker 2: Im I get it.
Speaker 6: You ain't gonna speak and say I don't have no thoughts. That says something. I don't have no thoughts.
Speaker 11: Hey, they done with your as, Mike, that's what.
Speaker 1: Well we well those are ours and rods thoughts.
Speaker 2: Please let us know what you guys think.
Speaker 1: FBS podcast is a Reddit thread that's also our handle for I G and Twitter. And yes, we'll catch you on next week's episode. We got too left As we wrap up this season, let us again, please please let us know your thoughts and theories.
Speaker 2: But we out peace,